PDA

View Full Version : Question Which type of haki do you think luffy mastered the best during his training?

matzik1212
April 06, 2011, 11:31 AM
while re-reading the last chapter before the time skip and the vast explanation that rayleigh was giving luffy about haki this question pooped in my head :amuse.......he said that together they will try all 3 types of haki and after learning the basics of it they will try to see which one suits luffy best

so what do you guys think?....which type of haki has luffy mastered best of all 3 or i could say best of 2 'cause i don't know if i should put the CQC haki with the other 2 taking into account that rayleigh said that type can't be teached and it depends on the spirit of the user ;)
we all saw that luffy indeed has mastered all 3 types as we saw him using all of them in the latest chapters so i wanna know your opinion and theories on this aspect .....
i personally go with COA :D that would be the most efficient in battle taking into account the destructive power IMO and i liked very much luffy's attack against the kraken when he had equipped COA haki :kukuku

kkck
April 06, 2011, 04:33 PM
I am guessing he has a great affinity towards the conquerors haki. I do find that a bit anticlimatic considering conquerors haki has no applications when you fight someone strong as far as we know. I am guessing at least that luffy used that particular type of haki unconsciously because he indeed had the greatest affinity to it. That would mean coby has an affinity towards observation haki. It'd be interesting if each member of the monster trio has a different haki affinity. Luffy towards the conquerors, zoro towards the armor and sanji towards the observation. Even if that is the case they would still have to master as much haki types as they can though.

Jorge D. Dragon
April 07, 2011, 05:51 AM
I think Luffy mastered CoA to the best degree, cause he really needed to take down strong enemies and Logia users, that's why he should have mostly trained that colour, but I think he has great control over every of the three colours.:)

kidopitz27
April 07, 2011, 05:56 AM
i think he mastered all of the types of haki and maybe in the future chapter he will show a different type of haki (not the 3 haki types but a different one) that even the WG or even the world knows

sorry if its off topic but what if Dragon is using a different type of haki (not the CoC,CoO,CoA) maybe Dragon's haki is so intense even the weather change :)

Jorge D. Dragon
April 07, 2011, 06:15 AM
It might be an interesting theory, but I think he would be a crazy opponent and would be actually stronger than WB.:) I always thought that if he has good control over three colours of Haki and having DF that controls weather or is Air Logia would be very strong and hax, but if he has some new kind of Haki, it would be even tougher.

matzik1212
April 07, 2011, 06:36 AM
kkck
i like your theory concerning the CQC haki and indeed i would also like for him to have an affinity towards this type of haki but i don't know i guess ray'san's words have some kind of effect on me :amuse when he said that CQC type of haki can't be trained and it depends of the user that's why i think it's impossible for luffy to have mastered this type of haki the best during his training 'cause i was referring strict to this time period:)........i guess we will be able to say that after more time passes and he understands the extent of his power better 'cause he's still too young and there are a lot of hardships ahead ....that's way for now i think there are only 2 options or the COA or the COO since these are encountered in everyone and i think COA suits him the best since he's so reckless ^_^
and i agree with you zoro definitely COA and sanji with COO that would be awesome :zomg

Jorge D. Dragon
April 07, 2011, 07:08 AM
matzik1212
I think it was a bit bad translation.:)
I think Rayleigh wanted to say that you can train to control CoQ Haki, but you can't make it stronger by training. You can make it stronger by overcoming hardships.:)
I understood his phrase like this.:)

kkck
April 07, 2011, 05:54 PM
^I got the same impression. The color of the conqueror depends on the personality of the user for the most part which is why it can't be strengthen through training. Only improving your character will make it stronger.

That said, I do think luffy learned all types of haki during his training. I just think his greates affinity is towards the conqueror's haki (because he used that particular type of haki unconsciously and not the others) so it would make sense if his mastery of that one is better than the other types. Rayleigh said he would initially not be able to target specific people and mastering haki cannot be done within a mere two years yet everything suggests luffy has by all intents and purposes mastered haki and even go as far as to target specific people with his conquerors haki.

Jorge D. Dragon
April 12, 2011, 11:13 AM
Let's see.:) I actually hope that he would be round up in all fields of Haki.:) It won't be bad if he will be better in CoQ Haki, but actually I don't see many benefits from it for him.:) I can see him taking out big crouds of weaklings without lifting a finger, but at least for now we don't know other benefits from this type of Haki.:)

arynelson
April 12, 2011, 04:00 PM
I think it fits better for a swordmen like zoro COO because generally his battles ends with a single cut, and knowing possible future movements might be a great advantage. And for sanji as he fight with much more with intensity and quantity, COA fits well, besides the fact that he uses a part of his body different from zoro.

kkck
April 12, 2011, 05:11 PM
I don't really get the impression sanji fights with any more intensity than zoro at all. Anyways, observation haki does not really fit zoro in any plausible way based on his character. Zoro is absentminded, clumsy and overall has a sort of short concentration spam. On the other hand, sanji has shown to be attentive, smart and back in the day he showed he was somewhat of a strategist. Based on their personalities it makes sense for luffy to develop the conqueror's color, for zoro to develop the armor color and for sanji to develop the observation color.

dct21
April 12, 2011, 09:26 PM
all of them rayleigh did say he had nothing left to teach him and left him alone for 6 months

matzik1212
November 17, 2011, 01:26 PM
After the last chapters i'm almost positive Luffy is oriented towards COA haki .....in his fight against Hodi almost all his attacks were infused with this type of haki and actually i think this definitely suits him best 'cause let's take it one by one:
COO is a great achievement for Luffy and we already saw that he has it and that's ok ....i think he doesn't need to bother himself with this type and i think he knows it better , after all Luffy never was the type who measured his opponents numbers before throwing himself head on into the battle :)
COQ this one is great indeed and it depends only on the users spirit so it takes time to develop into the most effective weapon , we can't say he mastered this in just 2y that's why i'm sure this isn't the type he relies the most at the moment anyway ^_^
COA is the most compatible with Luffy's fighting method IMO and he made sure to show us is this arc so i'm betting he's best with this type of haki :D