PDA

View Full Version : Freezing by Lim Dal Young & Kim Kwang Hyun

TemplateR
April 10, 2011, 11:51 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/1/10/Freezing_%28Logo%29.png

Volume 1
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ac/Freezing_Volume_1.jpg

Genre: Action Ecchi Mature Romance School Life Sci-fi Seinen Supernatural

Serialized: Booking (Haksan), Comic Valkyrie (Kill Time Communication)

Summary:
Beings from a different dimension have started a war with mankind. To counter this threat, an academy called "Genetics" that trains female warriors called "Pandora," who can wield special weaponry and armor, was formed. Kazuya Aoi decided to enroll in this school because of a promise with his sister, an outstanding alumnus who died in battle. There he meets second year Satellizer L. Bridgette, nicknamed "The Untouchable Queen" due to her solitary demeanor but also top of her class whose battle simulation streak is undefeated, until he came... and slowly changed her.

My Opinion:
Its a great Manhwa with a great story and has a lot of action with ecchi-elements. I like it.

Also there is a Anime from T.O Entertainment (http://www.toenta.co.jp/) and has a Season with 12 Episodes.

scav
April 10, 2011, 05:21 PM
look interesting, ill add it on my reading list :thumbs

blai
April 10, 2011, 05:26 PM
You definitely should. I picked it up not long ago and I _loved_ it. It feels like you're reading a light-hearted action-comedy that could turn into a cold bloody action-drama in a chapter, which it also does. I also love how they make the guys weaker on the girls. I.e. The girls are Pandoras and the guys are Freezers (can't remember the real honorific) and they fight side-by-side. The guys Freezes/Slows/Shackles their opponent while the Pandoras are the offensive type.

However, I do get a little irritated at the hopelessness of the boys in actual combat. They could, at least, be taught basic martial arts or something to be able to defend themselves. Because as it is now, they can only freeze, and this, if they are strong enough. Often they can only slow their opponents and what use is it to slow them enough to see their attacks, if you aren't trained to at least dodge 'em properly.

M3J
April 10, 2011, 05:29 PM
It's a great manwha, I recommend it to anyone! There's a lot of cute moments between the two main leads. There's fighting, especially from women, and lot of boobs shown. :3

I like it mainly because of the cute moments and the romance or "romance" that is going on between Kazuya and Satellizer.

LoS
April 10, 2011, 09:57 PM
Only problem is that the scanlating groups are 3+ volumes behind

blai
April 11, 2011, 04:44 AM
On the bright side it could mean we'll be getting bulk releases ^^,

M3J
April 11, 2011, 05:26 PM
Doesn't look like it. I see like, a chapter per month/two weeks out or something. :\

Hopefully you're right though. I can't wait to see that bastard get his comeuppance for what he did and is doing to Bridget! :mad

LoS
April 11, 2011, 08:35 PM
that has already been resolved, too bad you will have to wait 2 years till you see it in english. Since that is about the pacing FTH has scanlating the series.

It is surprising to me that a series that is fairly popular would only have one group dedicated to scanlating it.

M3J
April 11, 2011, 11:52 PM
I am now officially depressed. :( you think we can petition FTH to release quicker? I still hunger for Kazuya and Bridget interaction. :(

killer7
April 12, 2011, 04:34 AM
Freezing is a manga not a manhwa that is why it became anime but if it were manhwa I doubt it will be serialized and in Japanese language.

blai
April 12, 2011, 04:42 AM
Freezing is one of many "mangas" that are written by Koreans as a Manhwa but got serialized in either both Korea & Japan, or only Japan, thus the editors changes it to left <--- right reading.

scav
April 12, 2011, 04:48 PM
btw im done reading it, its kinda nice but 2 things disappoint me:
for those who have read the last chapter

-In the last chapter, that girl is really weak-minded to be blackmailed easily like that. Thats a big contradiction to the story. All the story showed that she's very strong and determined, whatever the situation. Then the last chapter, she suddenly become weak.
-The other thing is the boy, he don't do much in the battles, till now all he do is talk and stop bridget. But well i hope he will grow stronger later, i don't like series where the main characters are weak (i consider those 2 as the main characters of this manhwa )

killer7
April 13, 2011, 02:01 PM
Will if that the case there are many good Manhwa and better than Freezing so why dont they serialize them like ( The Breaker),( Priest ),( Yureka { for online Gamers }), (Sun-Ken_Rock ) and One Of best ( Witchcraft_Troops ). But unfortunately Japanese companies that serialize anime want money and that mean I hv sell more and more Ecchi Figures for the Otakus and the prove is what is this Shit that got serialized this month.
Only Kaiji S2 and Gintama S2 the Greatest things come this year not to mention Level E.

ca12nag3
April 17, 2011, 08:26 AM
btw im done reading it, its kinda nice but 2 things disappoint me:
for those who have read the last chapter

-In the last chapter, that girl is really weak-minded to be blackmailed easily like that. Thats a big contradiction to the story. All the story showed that she's very strong and determined, whatever the situation. Then the last chapter, she suddenly become weak.
-The other thing is the boy, he don't do much in the battles, till now all he do is talk and stop bridget. But well i hope he will grow stronger later, i don't like series where the main characters are weak (i consider those 2 as the main characters of this manhwa )

Nah man you dont understnad ^^ its not about weakmindedness. Shes been abused ever since she was small and this half-brother of hers has a tight grip on her. Its all for the future development of the main characters relation.

scav
May 07, 2011, 10:27 AM
chap 43 is finally out
this chap is kinda boring

M3J
May 09, 2011, 12:50 AM
It does reveal a lot about the brother's character though, how he's spoiled and likes Bridget/is selfish. I don't think it's just finished yet though...

scav
May 09, 2011, 12:36 PM
yeh its won't end like that, Kazuya will know the truth im pretty sure about it. im expecting at least a fight.

M3J
May 10, 2011, 02:35 AM
Me too, I hope Kazuya actually kicks ass or something rather than get saved, I wanna see him defend and fight for Bridget! \o/

LoS
May 11, 2011, 07:50 PM
Don't get your hopes up.

This arc to me was pretty boring. The next one is much more impressive.

tenebrae
May 13, 2011, 10:23 PM
so how much time is in between chapters for translations normally? this is a really great read so it would be nice to be able to catch up with it all someday lol

M3J
May 17, 2011, 03:26 PM
With For the Halibut, it was about a month, but I think there's another group scanlating it, if not a new one, so it may be sooner than a month. I dunno tbh.
[hr]
Whoo, Kazuya finally grew a pair and stood up to the jerkface! I hope Kazuya kicks the little brother's ass for what happened at the end of the chapter since Bridgette won't, even with Kazuya. D:

At least Kazuya will try to help Bridgette rather than abandon her. Hopefully. :x

halfcrzy
May 17, 2011, 04:04 PM
Haha man id be so pissed off and kick his ass for sure! Not sure if i'd want to keep satellite around after though... Hopefully we will get to see him use his powers that we pretty much havent seen since chapter 11
[hr]
Sigh i had to go and read the raws... Well I can afford to wait a year until something good happens now...

M3J
May 17, 2011, 04:23 PM
It's not really her fault though. If you see her personality around others while fighting and compare it to Louis, you can see just how much Louis affected her. He must have done something to really emotionally scar her and scare her, and now he's blackmailing her. She probably doesn't want Kazuya to know what's really going on.

tenebrae
May 23, 2011, 08:53 PM
Yeah I am hoping kazuya just like freezes everything around him in rage and beats the guy half to death...or maybe just go all the way to death XD

M3J
June 04, 2011, 11:20 PM
Yes, Satella finally gets the courage to go against Louis! FINALLY, Kazuya admits his love for Satella, so there's no way she can think it's cuz of his sister! Kazuya finally got balls and looked so cool... now let's hope Kazuya and Satella kick ass and make Louis pay for his douchebaggery! FASTER RELEASE! :bored

scav
June 04, 2011, 11:24 PM
i haven't read freezing, since chap 43. lemme know when this boring arc will be over :p

LoS
June 06, 2011, 05:35 AM
chapter 46 was released yesterday, but there are still a few more chapters till we get into a very good combat oriented arc.

M3J
June 08, 2011, 01:25 AM
Please don't spoil! I don't wanna wait for a long time for another chapter! :(

kidopitz27
June 15, 2011, 07:16 PM
i read the RAWs oh wait look at the Raws and i saw a tournament i think its an inter school tournament

Keino
June 16, 2011, 12:17 PM
First time poster here :amuse

Just read Chapter 47 (http://www.mangareader.net/freezing/47), and not much really happened but looks like there will be a fight (finally) between Holly and Satalizer.

I must say though that I hope coming up soon Kazuya works on his ability and gets stronger cuz he has so much potential to be the strongest limiter if not more than that.

Anyway hope this arc ends soon cuz even though I know its character development, I don't really like Louis and his sadistic ways....... hope next arc will be great.:p

ca12nag3
June 17, 2011, 10:11 AM
Louis is a integral part of Satella's character development. We already know how their childhood was so unless she confronts him here and now Kazuya and her can never move on. So its important. Also we get to see how strong the bond between Satella and Kazuya realy is.

Its a good arc and hopefully we get to see some improvements in Kazuyas powers as well. Been waiting for that for a while now.

shinobi
June 24, 2011, 03:10 PM
Just read chapter 48!! I wish this fight ends next chapter.. Louis is pissing me off, and he's repeating the same thing over and over again.. what a little brother!!

ca12nag3
July 15, 2011, 07:00 PM
Read the next chapter? Well its great. Also the plot is going to move soon at a somewhat bigger pace :D > been looking at raws

shinobi
July 17, 2011, 04:38 AM
finished 49!! ^ ^ lolz both brother and sister are very unstable emotionally... anyway he got what he deserves,, and good to know that some new developments are coming soon, coz I haven't seen any of the raws so far!! ^ ^

evolwizard4
August 09, 2011, 02:25 AM
Is the violence in the series a bit brutal though?

kidopitz27
August 14, 2011, 08:10 PM
Is the violence in the series a bit brutal though?

if you're reading GANTZ that is Brutal :) no Hardcore :)

spit
February 13, 2012, 03:45 PM
if you're reading GANTZ that is Brutal :) no Hardcore :)

i saw like 2 random chapters of gantz - what is so great about it? im not runing it down just asking

violence in freezing is one of those rare i actualy really like, im not against violence but i hold the opinion that almost everytime its not really needed - claymore for example depicts violence good - i like that in a second there could be several deaths and the violence is needed to show some aspects but it still has many violent scenes that are absolutely unnecessary (like in claymore anime Miria being tortured by Lido spider- awakened being) - i saw the point but it was still pure violence with out acomplishing anything

in a freezing i think its even better - first i saw the anime, i hated the fanservice (believe or not) and watched it purely for its plot, it was epic and the first episode goes right into one of most violent scenes in freezsing - but i liked it, why? it was so realistically done and all, it simply fits there - but its not the type where you see blood splashing like water - if i shall compare to explain in example - i hated violence in Hellsing OVA - for that reason i couldnt like it, i didnt see anything good come out of it - yes it was aesthetically well done but apart from shock value there was nothing for me

snakkes
April 03, 2012, 05:05 AM
LOL

How can the brazilian readers have 87 Chapters. (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/92215/freezing_v13_ch87_by_brazil-manga-scanlator)
When we english readers only have 70 (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/freezing/). :(:(

LoS
April 05, 2012, 08:52 PM
Because there are over 90 chapters released already. The English readers only have releases once groups like FTH or someone else purchase the volume, not individual chapters. By the way, the quality of the releases has taken a huge decline, the translations are done by poor english speaking translators it seems.

FrostyMouse
April 09, 2012, 03:38 AM
Because there are over 90 chapters released already. The English readers only have releases once groups like FTH or someone else purchase the volume, not individual chapters. By the way, the quality of the releases has taken a huge decline, the translations are done by poor english speaking translators it seems.

Indeed. I just go to MF and download the chapters, usually.

REN KOUEN
April 12, 2012, 06:29 PM
i began reading this manga the other day

i am already caught up on it!!!, it is much better than i thought, going in i assumed it was just another random ecchi title but the story is actually pretty good and the characters are well thought out

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

oddly enough on mangahere.com they have chapter 74 and chapter 91 released today

but nothing in between :)

FrostyMouse
April 13, 2012, 12:26 AM
Yeah, some random group starting just taking the Chinese raws and making some poor, poor tls recently.

REN KOUEN
April 13, 2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah, some random group starting just taking the Chinese raws and making some poor, poor tls recently.

hmm that is dissapointing

i will just wait until the normal group catches up, so for now i will not advance past 74

the story is pretty epic at this point , i would hate to spoil some of it with inaccurate translations

LoS
April 13, 2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah it's very nearly not worth reading based on the absolute shit quality of these japanese to chinese to english scanlations. FTH needs to get their act together and start catching up.

FrostyMouse
April 14, 2012, 06:21 AM
Yeah it's very nearly not worth reading based on the absolute shit quality of these japanese to chinese to english scanlations. FTH needs to get their act together and start catching up.

Well, to be honest, FTH is more interested in scanning doujins, plus they only scan Freezing when they get HQ volumes, not just raws...

REN KOUEN
April 24, 2012, 10:13 AM
chapter 75 was pretty interesting

any spoiler rules for this thread?

---------- Post added April 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was April 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM ----------

i LOVED chapter 76 what a battle between charles and elizabeth

i wonder if elizabeth's limiter will be ok.... he really put his life on the line

halfcrzy
April 24, 2012, 01:57 PM
Ugh. I am kinda finding this all repetitive now. Random fights and background info on side characters. Not to mention this limiter guy is more badass than our protagonist.. Can we get some developement for kazuya yet? Every chapter seems to be the author forgetting more and more about his main couple. But about the recent chapter, this has been the first other limiter to freeze pandora mode, shame if he kicked the bucket from fighting another pandora.

REN KOUEN
April 26, 2012, 03:00 PM
nah andre was not more badass than stella

stella went beast mode on cassie lockheart (one of the top 5 pandora's in the world)
WHILE she was in some fucked up nova state

stella is absolutely a beast, and so is AOI
and i know this is not the most well written manga on the planet, but i am enjoying it :)

REN KOUEN
May 28, 2012, 11:57 AM
here we go again with the transations falling behind.....

stuck on chapter 91, which was one hell of a chapter....

i am surprised more people on this site do not follow this manga, and why did it get moved to the manwha section?

halfcrzy
May 28, 2012, 06:38 PM
Haha because its korean made, hence it was moved to manhwa. Do you have the sites for the raws Hoshigaki? Everything i like these days is fully caught up, so i need something to read

Candeloro
October 04, 2013, 05:01 AM
Anybody else reading this anymore?

conn-man
October 07, 2013, 06:28 AM
I am. Its still a decent story even if every arc is about the pandoras conducting a test/experiment that goes horribly wrong and leaves many dead. They actually kill themselves more than the nova do.

But now the story seems to be focusing on elements like transcending boundries and different levels of existence. Complex stuff really, it keeps me reading.

Candeloro
October 09, 2013, 09:29 AM
I am. Its still a decent story even if every arc is about the pandoras conducting a test/experiment that goes horribly wrong and leaves many dead. They actually kill themselves more than the nova do.

But now the story seems to be focusing on elements like transcending boundries and different levels of existence. Complex stuff really, it keeps me reading.

In what chapter are you? Have you read RAW's?

conn-man
October 09, 2013, 10:59 AM
Ch 134 was the most recent update, I read it on mangahere.

And I don't look for the raws, I just read the translated chapters.

Candeloro
October 09, 2013, 11:07 AM
The Translation is quite slow, chapters 130 - 133 were released in april, chapter 134 was in may, RAW's are up to 149 now.

who is your favorite girl? it's so hard to get people to read this manga, mainly because ecchi on it.

First season of anime was killed with fanservice.

conn-man
October 09, 2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah just 134 for me but the site I read it at just posted it in the last couple weeks so i guess I'm behind.

I like our main girl, Satilizer senpai, but I thought Chiffon had some of the best 'proportions' of all the girls. Plus I liked her attitude a lot. And I still dont quite understand what made her powers so special, I have to reread those chapters sometime.

How do you feel about the plot and arc style? I'm happy we can finally get some character development out of the Novas now. But every arc up until this has felt very filler-ish with tiny plot developments that dont do much for the overall story.

BASED Shinigami
January 04, 2014, 07:32 PM
*Blows dust off thread*

Anyone still following this comic? Latest chapters are out on Batoto. I'm not sure how I feel about these new developments.

True Pandora from lab 13. Biological family. They have awoken now, so I suppose they're not going to be put back to sleep anytime soon right?

Wowzers
January 05, 2014, 12:11 AM
I get the impression that Aoi really didn't want to activate them. Must be some kind of BIG problem with that. Oh! and by the way Chiffon was one of the sisters too. o.O

BASED Shinigami
January 10, 2014, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I got that impression too when I read the chapter. The decision to awaken them felt like a last minute resort to avoid a total catastrophe. However, I wonder why these four girls were deemed as a failure? They're supposedly 700 times stronger than average Pandora, but they're placed in cryosleep for like several decades. It's weird. Perhaps their power was too great to control at the time or they must have an unusually large amount of stigmata in their bodies which would warrant caution because they're more likely to turn into Nova if they lose control of their power. Chiffon looks better with long hair :^_^

---------- Post added January 10, 2014 at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was January 05, 2014 at 01:38 AM ----------

Chapter 143 out (http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/115975_freezing-chapter-143)

Chapter was alright. It's no surprise all the survivors are being quarantined at the present moment. However, they're bound to be released sometime soon. For a second, I thought that was Satellizer in Kazuya's bed, but it's actually Cassandra who's laying beside him. They both look quite similar if you compare their facial features and hair. Anyway, what does she mean by stating "go on drink"? Does she seriously expect him to pop out her titty and start suckling for milk? I can't wait for to see his reaction in the next chapter.

Wowzers
January 11, 2014, 12:26 AM
Well, lets just say for the next few chapters, Kazuya's eyes are kind of bugging out of his head... especially when he has a discussion with his grandfather. Their family history seems to be... complicated.

BASED Shinigami
January 17, 2014, 06:11 PM
Chapter 144 out. (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/218686/freezing_v21_ch144_by_emeraude-manga/1)

Okay developments. Kazuya is finally learning the truth about the legendary lab 13 Pandora. Cassandra apparently raised him until he was two years old (probably breast fed him too), but I don't understand why his parents weren't around to take care of him. The flashbacks suggested his parents and older sister didn't necessarily get along with Cassandra and even went as far as calling her a monster. The Kazuya family is complicated bunch people indeed. The next chapter looks like it'll shed more light on the past as Dr. Aoi starts spilling the beans to Kazuya.

Anyone happy Elizabeth has decided to return?

Wowzers
January 17, 2014, 11:49 PM
we are not done yet with the talk between Kazuya and his grandfather :)

BASED Shinigami
January 19, 2014, 09:54 AM
we are not done yet with the talk between Kazuya and his grandfather :)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a1c8b9119658d6a9cdbde460f7cd8bd7/tumblr_mg8k4wjZUA1qiz88qo3_250.gif

:hee You know something don't ya!

Wowzers
January 19, 2014, 10:07 AM
Well, I've seen the raws and while I can't read fluently, the discussion does not go well for Kazuya.

EMS
January 20, 2014, 08:23 AM
why everyone use spoiler tags?:teehee

BASED Shinigami
January 20, 2014, 02:14 PM
:nerd ummm...

http://www.troll.me/images/fuck-that-guy/cause-were-just-cool-like-that.jpg

Wowzers
January 22, 2014, 07:45 PM
Chapter 145 was released! (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/219694/freezing_v21_ch145_by_emeraude-manga)
Clarity! :)
Nice to finally know what was going on in that discussion between Kazuya and his grandfather! That was a little confusing though when Kazuya was told to keep Satellizer handy... then he rejects her? Is he overthinking things? or am I?

EMS
January 23, 2014, 03:22 AM
:nerd ummm...

http://www.troll.me/images/fuck-that-guy/cause-were-just-cool-like-that.jpg

you guys don't look cool tought :teehee but i like freezing:derp

BASED Shinigami
January 23, 2014, 08:13 PM
Chapter 145 was released! (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/219694/freezing_v21_ch145_by_emeraude-manga)
Clarity! :)
Nice to finally know what was going on in that discussion between Kazuya and his grandfather! That was a little confusing though when Kazuya was told to keep Satellizer handy... then he rejects her? Is he overthinking things? or am I?

No, you're not over-thinking things. Kazuya is simply acting like a little bitch right now. His reaction to his grandfather's comments were so overly dramatic. I had an extremely hard time reading this chapter.

EMS
January 24, 2014, 04:13 PM
It was an okay chapter more revelation from Maria past and her descendants than an great chapter

BASED Shinigami
January 25, 2014, 11:18 AM
It was an okay chapter more revelation from Maria past and her descendants than an great chapter

Any ideas who might be speaking to Kazuya at the end?

Wowzers
January 27, 2014, 11:01 PM
Yup, but it's just more talk.
It's Lucy, one of the Legendary Pandoras formerly known as a Valkyrie. I guess I should call her one of his aunts. There is a funny scene near the end of ch146.

ProGoddess
May 22, 2014, 09:53 PM
I have just started reading this series. Seems interesting. :)