PDA

View Full Version : Discussion New Discoveries after Rereading/Rewatching Bleach

packages
April 14, 2011, 01:08 AM
In respects to the new Arc, if you have watched, or read (though the plotlines do differ at times) I believe it is worthwhile to watch AND read, if not one or the other Bleach all over again. It raises many interesting questions and for me, revived a what I thought had become tired series.

(I apologize for the dead thread, but I thought it was important for true-blue Bleach fans.)

If and when you do, please post your newly found questions, findings or theories here! I'm very interested in debating such things.

Banedor
April 14, 2011, 05:58 AM
Kisuke...

Just who is he really? After the Aizen Arc and this Arc, is he really a Terrorist in terms of being a Rogue and doing whatever with an ulterior motive?

g0dzax
April 14, 2011, 10:15 AM
I'am also wondering that.Urahara might have a hidden agenda,it would be an interesting plot-twist.

Tabaro Foka
April 14, 2011, 03:09 PM
I want to know what Ishhin and Urahara hide from Ichigo?Why is so important that you don't want to hear it your own son.I have feeling that Ishhin made something bad in Soul Society and don't want Ichigo to know about it not yet.

packages
April 14, 2011, 05:06 PM
I've made it about halfway through the SS arc again. Keeping in mind (spoiler alert if you don't read the new chapters) that Chad and Inoue's powers are actually fullbring. Chad's makes sense from the beginning, which hints that the fullbring arc was supposed to happen eventually. Inoue's also makes some sense, seeing that her hairclip was a gift given by her late brother.
However Urahara goes on to say that Ichigo's spiritual energy influenced the awakening of these two's powers (never defining them as fullbring), though he is aware of fullbring during the new arc when he is inquired about any knowledge he may have regarding Ishida's attacker. I wonder why his knowledge of fullbring would not be revealed sooner, even briefly.
This is one of the main questions I've had, but I'll really have to continue reading/watching before I can declare any plot holes.

Anyone else have any observations?
[hr]

I want to know what Ishhin and Urahara hide from Ichigo?Why is so important that you don't want to hear it your own son.I have feeling that Ishhin made something bad in Soul Society and don't want Ichigo to know about it not yet.

Examples of what you think they're hiding?

bamf
April 14, 2011, 05:24 PM
After rewatching the Bleach episode where Ichigo defeats Aizen, I noticed that Kisuke never actually replies to Ichigo when he goes on a little shpeal about how Aizen was looking for someone who he could fight on par with. He basically allows Ichigo to believe what he wants to believe, which I think connotes that he knows something even more about Aizen, etc.

Tabaro Foka
April 16, 2011, 10:10 AM
Examples of what you think they're hiding?

Personally I think that they know something that danger is near or already bad things happened in Soul Society.Something more serious from this Tsukishima fullbringer.They don't want to tell to ichigo because he lost his shinigami/hollow powers and this will be burden for him.

kkck
April 16, 2011, 02:38 PM
After rewatching the Bleach episode where Ichigo defeats Aizen, I noticed that Kisuke never actually replies to Ichigo when he goes on a little shpeal about how Aizen was looking for someone who he could fight on par with. He basically allows Ichigo to believe what he wants to believe, which I think connotes that he knows something even more about Aizen, etc.

Well, even if aizen does not appear again in the series it is extremely likely whatever he did before will be of extreme relevance. The manga will eventually deal with the king, ishin and ichigo's birth which are things in which aizen is bound to have been somehow related too as he had indeed seen the king, knew something of ichigo's birth and he was familiar with ishin before he fought him.

If aizen really wanted to fight with someone apparently superior to himt then why didn't he fight yama? Or perhaps even if he lost against him it would not have been enough as aizen would have still had the far superior intellect? Or perhaps he did not want to be defeated by a shinigami but rather something inherently superior to him?

Tabaro Foka
April 17, 2011, 01:47 AM
kkck you mantioned something intersting about ichigo birth.Like I hear somewhere in Tite Kubo interview that Ichigo birth is special and he wants to see our reactions when he reveal the truth.So I bet Ichigo is related to the royal family by Ishhin or Masaki side.

En Yang Ji
April 17, 2011, 11:19 AM
I this is fairly interesting. Becoming stronger as a shinigami is about gaining self-awareness. To communicate with his zanpakatou and learn shikai, Ichigo had to get rid of the fear that was obstructing him so he could hear Zangetsu's voice.

To master his shikai Ichigo had to become more familiar with Zangetsu and trust him. This allowed him to use Zangetsu's reiastu and eventually learn GT.

With his bankai training Ichigo had to find the part of his soul that was meant only for fighting. Before that could happen he had to deal with his weaknesses (his fear, his over reliance on Zangetsu, looking away from the opponent during battle).

To master his bankai it took Ichigo 3 months of soul searching to find the "answer" to his training (he had fully to accept Zangetsu).

IMO this is what separates the most talented shinigami, from the others. Even though all shinigami could possibly obtain bankai, only a few gain the type of self-awareness needed to gain bankai. IMO Ichigo took it to the highest level, when he accepted Zangetsu's blade. With the knowledge he gained from accepting Zangetsu he learned how to preform Final Getsutga Tensho and become one with his zanpakatou. If any Shinigami's could obtain this level naturally, other than Ichigo, IMO it would be Aizen and Urahara.

kkck
April 17, 2011, 11:39 AM
Somehow I have my doubts about other shinigami being able to fuse with their zampakuto or become their own techniques. I always got the impression that the final getsuga tensho was simply a technique ichigo had at his disposal just as renji has his baboom cannon and byakuya has senkei. In that sense, it is not something which should be available for others right in the same sense senkei or baboom cannon would not be available to others (except perhaps for someone related to either byakuya and renji).

packages
April 19, 2011, 02:01 PM
Somehow I have my doubts about other shinigami being able to fuse with their zampakuto or become their own techniques. I always got the impression that the final getsuga tensho was simply a technique ichigo had at his disposal just as renji has his baboom cannon and byakuya has senkei. In that sense, it is not something which should be available for others right in the same sense senkei or baboom cannon would not be available to others (except perhaps for someone related to either byakuya and renji).

This is an exceptional point, and one that I've been contemplating myself. Though there do exist other fabrications of Zanpakutō (Ashisogi Jizō, Hōzukimaru etc.) I have noticed that not all shinigami can truly "fuse", as is described. In fact it is Renji as well as Byukaya amongst others who often begin the phrase: "Is he..." or "he could really be..." or "there's no way that he could be a...." early in the series. This suggests either Ichigo's relation to a specific bloodline, or otherwise that may grant him such abilities similar to the said, above.

:amuse Or maybe I just read too much into things.

tret16
April 20, 2011, 01:09 PM
IMO this is what separates the most talented shinigami, from the others. Even though all shinigami could possibly obtain bankai, only a few gain the type of self-awareness needed to gain bankai. IMO Ichigo took it to the highest level, when he accepted Zangetsu's blade. With the knowledge he gained from accepting Zangetsu he learned how to preform Final Getsutga Tensho and become one with his zanpakatou. If any Shinigami's could obtain this level naturally, other than Ichigo, IMO it would be Aizen and Urahara.

you also forgetting ichigo's father. infact i believe that isshin used the final gatsuga tenshou. he could very well have used fullbring to gain his abilities back which could explain how urahara know's a bit about fullbring.

absolute Zero
April 20, 2011, 06:49 PM
Yet now bleach still makes little to no sense with the introduction of the new arc. Here is a qoute from this kid on another site that reflects my beliefs about the arc.

''Chapter looks interesting, but the more I read of this fullbring the less of it I like. Seems like another way to remove Ichigo from his power, Kubo trolled us for 3 years with that hollow crap and still absolutely no resolution has come about. There is absolutely no explanation as to why Ichigo powers split, why did he harbor doubt and really his fight with Aizen/Mothra ended in a display of unimaginable power. This stuff reminds me of when Ichigo first ran into Byakuya with Rukia stolen power. Really, Kubo when are we going to get some real story here? What is the deal with Ginjou saying to Ichigo a few months back, "you really don't know your family..." like what the hell was that? Now we seem to have some idea of what the Espada were harping to Ichigo about what's going on inside of Inoue....I said it seems like it. No Urahara development at all, still the shady sob, Aizen is still the biggest mystery known to the manga as I believe he and Isshin have equally sizeable mystery about them. What the hell are we floundering upon right now? Ichigo trying to regain powers, by gaining yet again another power which by the way looks exactly like his old power which he now has to learn to use....are you serious? This crap yet again? I swear if he gets another alter ego type mentor/avatar I'm going to bust a blood vessel. I seriously think that this is just the story just being retold again.

Ohh look Tsukishima looks annoying like Byakuya/Gin mix, what is this whole fullbring nonsense about anyway? Tsukishima kills the shinigami who regain their lost power? How many shinigami have done this? Like seriously, what the hell? This is going off into a territory of sordid oddities. Are these shinigami the one's that Aizen fed to the Hogyoku or something? Where is the connection in all of this? As of now this makes absolutely no sense, never once heard of shinigami who lose their power's aside from Isshin and no one in SS even knows him, nor the Kurosaki name. Kubo must have something impressive up his sleeve because I for one can't place any real relevance to this arc as it really doesn't explain itself at all. Just more holes with no end in sight. '' from savage dragon

pretty much in a nut shell this arc dose not really connect with many of the things that happened in the previous arcs.

En Yang Ji
April 20, 2011, 08:15 PM

I figured FGT was Ichigo's families way of combining with his zanpakatou. Aizen was capable of fusing with his zan using the Hogyoku. Even though it's an unorthodox method, Aizen using the hogyoku, proves that it's was possible for him to fuse with KS. The hogyoku can only change someone in line with their capabilities.

I'm not sure how Aizen would have achieved that normally, but I think Urahara could of possibly with science.

Revolation
April 20, 2011, 09:54 PM
grimjow and nel and yammi are still alive. not sure about yammi though
whats in syazel apporo's closet that mayuri found the 2 bodies hanging. before the arc change, akon said mayuri went back to hueco mundo for research as well
either loly or menoly is still alive as revealed in the volume sketches. i forgot the name but they had black hair.

why could isshin and co not feel aizen's reitsu, but ichigo's friends could?

Mike Harris
April 27, 2011, 01:36 PM
I think that Misaki isn't dead. That probably Isshin saw something that looked like her and is asking Urahara to check into it. That would explain the secrecy towards Ichigo.

kkck
April 28, 2011, 12:33 PM
I figured FGT was Ichigo's families way of combining with his zanpakatou. Aizen was capable of fusing with his zan using the Hogyoku. Even though it's an unorthodox method, Aizen using the hogyoku, proves that it's was possible for him to fuse with KS. The hogyoku can only change someone in line with their capabilities.

I'm not sure how Aizen would have achieved that normally, but I think Urahara could of possibly with science.

Those are two different things though. Ichigo already had his zampakuto wrapping around his arm before he used the FGT.