PDA

View Full Version : Zippy Ziggy by Kim Eun Jung & Hwang Seung Man

scav
April 16, 2011, 03:46 AM
ok its time to introduce the funniest manhwa, for those who don't know zippy ziggy ;)

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4956/zippyziggyl0.jpg
genre: Sonyeon (shounen), comedy
author: Kim Eun-jung
Artist: Hwang Seung-man

Synopsis:

Reputation is everything in a world of icons and popularity contests. So why not score some points here and there by being the nice guy? This is the way Shinghi Ghang legitimizes the fake personality he has everyone believing. Armed with his above average looks and a (completely false) angel-like personality, he has every girl in school head over heals, and all the guys looking to him for guidance. With the exception of having a screwed up cross-dressing devil for a dad, Shinghis life is absolute perfection (*cough* of lies) until one day, Sung-Hae transfers to his school. While being a complete martial artist freak, she also likes to fib just a little in front of those who know her.... you know, like acting like she is just a scared little girl who d play with kittens rather than break brick walls with her head~! After all, how can anything go wrong when you are as cute as Sung-Hae? Fate has brought these two masters of lies together and the two must battle it out to see who will be crowned the undefeated heavy-weight champion of fakeness!

Personal point of view: the plot is nice and u can die of laugh while reading it. It's the most funniest manhwa and it really worth a shot so don't hesitate :thumbs

shaheer
April 16, 2011, 06:52 AM
tried it, but too ecchi to continue
the jokes are funny, the plot wasnt that deep

Charlie
April 28, 2011, 07:58 PM
tried it, but too ecchi to continue
the jokes are funny, the plot wasnt that deep

Echii is perverted usually in some sexual manner. I don't think that zippy ziggy has that problem. This is more comedy. Besides like one or two scenes but that was not much in 49 chapters as I recall.

Chapter 49 (http://www.batoto.com/read/_/zippy-ziggy-r2/the-company-r1/49-r3984/English) was released by the Company.

scav
April 28, 2011, 09:35 PM
shaheer is very sensible :XD
i was waiting that chapter :woo
[hr]
oh i thought it was a new chapter, this chapter was on MR since last week :XD

Charlie
June 06, 2011, 07:03 PM
New chapter is out from the famous grump land company.

Was not expecting to see a test duel. Haha but the secret is out now

---------- Post added June 06, 2011 at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was May 13, 2011 at 08:49 PM ----------

Chapter 52 release by the company.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

So, Shinji name is free and clear but as usual, he plots his revenge on the people who didn't believe in him.
Seung-hui - seems to be captured.

scav
June 06, 2011, 07:21 PM
funny :p
i thought nikki was the big guy :p

Charlie
June 24, 2011, 07:24 PM
New Zippy Ziggy chapter is out by The company.

Shingi and Micheal have been caught in a trap. Can they escape a school of Paranas? :eek

Monsterguy
July 07, 2011, 07:25 AM
I never realized that there is a thread for Zippy Ziggy... :facepalm

This is the most funniest manhwa on the web, I have ever read !!!

It always brings me in a good mood...:p

@shaheer

It's not "ecchi" at all, unless you are talking about the guy who was wearing underpants (WHAT IS STILL NOT ECCHI), that scene was shown as a comedy, I laughed at it. In a matter of fact if someone reads and undestands "the whole story", I believe that he would also laugh... :eyeroll

If you were talking about something else, ...
I believe that it could only be the fact that you don't want to see a guy dressed in a girl to save his own life, or a woman with a doughter wich are both physically stronger than 1000 man (guys)... :XD

Sorry, I added the last comment in spoiler, becouse I do not want to spoil anyone.

Charlie
July 09, 2011, 04:43 PM
Zippy Ziggy chapter 54 is out!

I was not expecting Shingi and Micheal to have a revenge like that. :rofl

Dude thats just evil but totally worth it. Someone got owned.

Otters11
July 13, 2011, 11:50 PM
This is a favorite school series of mine. Hate how slow it feels. Comes right after, Today Forward, It's my Turn. = Manga
But that has to do with the absurdity of things. Like the Bank robber cactus FAIL.
Ulgy hearted, Pretty Boy, Top iq, Worshipped Alterer-alterer motives villian hero?
When I saw the joke with selling his admires gifts on ebay, I was...
A. Impressed. Space managem,ent and money.l
B. Shocked at how undeserving he was of their gifts.
C. Almost redeemed by him not just throwing them away.
D. Horrified that there was something to be admired about this.

Answer A-D. = Attention Deficit Humor.

But I got to tell you some of the humor, really tells me a lot about how protected some of us are. This level of blackmail. Wow... I've heard bad things, but when it's a common enough idea to be used as a comedy device? /// not words for it. It's funny cause everyone in the series is that evil. So it's like Mad's Spy vs Spy. But wow, this stuff, some of this would be social idea poison to the society I know. I mean yeah it came after the piranha tank joke, as perspective. But wow.

ErosVp
July 15, 2011, 06:25 AM
Hahaha
i read it in 4 days! Really funny manwha, the chapters are released monthly?

Charlie
July 21, 2011, 10:16 PM
Chapter 55 is out.

Shingi vs Niki

I cant wait to see who will come out on top.

All the training that Shingi did will pay off in his fight. :Haha

@ ErosVp

The published series is complete at volume 11, the scans on the recent chapter are up to volume 8.

Its up to the scnalators to release when they're ready.

Charlie
August 21, 2011, 09:04 PM
New chapter 56 is out from grumpy and it seems I labeled the previous one with the wrong number.

Shingi and Niki have stared their match and oh god Niki has taken fighting and somehow combined it with oil wrestling minus the oil. :barf

Micheal is watching from the bushes along with Seunghee.

Also it seems Shigi became human as well by having some kind of human emotions for Dukchil :Haha

scav
August 22, 2011, 07:25 PM
hahaha this chapter was funny, i see now why niki never lost :lmao

ErosVp
August 22, 2011, 09:37 PM
Hahaha. I wasn't expecting Shingi to win against someone who beat duk chil, but seein that niki invencibility must be due to his gay antics that creep his opponents out (plus his grapling skills) i don't know anymore... Maybe Seung hee is the one who will beat that pervert...

Charlie
September 29, 2011, 03:18 PM
The next chapter is out from Grumy scans.

Shngi challenged Niki again in three days, well he'll come up with something I'm sure. :Haha

ErosVp
October 01, 2011, 02:58 AM
He asked Seung hee's mother help huh.... I just hope Nikki won't be part of the regulars characters like Michel or Kim Dukchil, because that pevert would be really weird!

Charlie
October 02, 2011, 01:14 PM
He asked Seung hee's mother help huh.... I just hope Nikki won't be part of the regulars characters like Michel or Kim Dukchil, because that pevert would be really weird!

xD

I think to win all Shingi would have to do is mention a girls name and Niki would probably freak out and faint.

ErosVp
October 02, 2011, 01:19 PM
xD

I think to win all Shingi would have to do is mention a girls name and Niki would probably freak out and faint.

What a great idea! Shingi always was so smart.... if he still clothes unwashed from Seung Hee wears them it will be very easy!!!

yonjuushichi
November 09, 2011, 04:25 AM
All what Shingi has to do to deafeat Niki is to cross-dress :D I bet Niki will lose his mind when he sees Shingi-chan :P

ErosVp
November 11, 2011, 02:40 PM
Just read the latest chapter at mangareader.... Finally the time for battle arrived!

And is it me or the latests chapters lacked the sharp humor the series have? Maybe it is hard to keep the humor strong in the long run, since it uses the introduction of new characters and stupid situations to do so, and sometimes the formula begins to wear down....

yonjuushichi
November 13, 2011, 04:47 PM
So it seems that Kang Shingi is fully prepared :) (I'm for a tazer, pepper spray, and needles hhehe) No, ...seriously it looks like he's undergone some hardcore training :D Hope it helps him beat the crap out of Niki.