PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing The Legend of Maian by Lim Dal Young & Soo Cheol Jeong

scav
April 20, 2011, 09:21 PM
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2108/legendau.jpg

genre: shounen, fantasy, ecchi
Authors: Lim Dall-young & Soo-Cheol Jeong

Synopsis:

The powerful sorceress, Felicia Rand Philistin, once tried to take over the country of Shurian. In the wake of her terror and destruction, a man rebelled against her oppression and domination. The people called him Yongja Maian (Maian the brave) and it was he who was eventually able to seal away the evil sorceress.
A thousand years later Felix Maian has just probably made the biggest mistake of his life when he releases the sealed sorceress that his ancestors had tried so hard to imprison. Now he is charged with the task of trying to keep the sorceress from once again trying to take over the world

The Legend of Maian takes place in the fictional world of Shurian. In The Legend of Maian world, countries bid for power by using regular military means or by using jewsts (mages) or people that can use madra (magic). Of all the countries, the countries of Meningrad and Pennsylvania are the strongest. Each country is ruled by a king with its jewsts often having a high-ranking position. So far, only Meningrad and Pennsylvania are the only countries to be mentioned.

personal point of view: A must read manhwa. If you liked freezing, u'll definitly like this one. there is alot of similarity. Also the development of the main character is interesting, at the beginning he's a coward and little by little he's changing into a warrior.

Josl
April 27, 2011, 12:55 PM
I just read Volume 10. I didn't expect THAT outcome.
Who would have thought that the regis knights would all
die
Now part 2 is beginning and the title makes more sense.
This manhwa defiantly jumped a few points in my book

kidopitz27
April 27, 2011, 01:10 PM
the cover page of Vol. 11 is Felix having a long hair :)

http://i56.tinypic.com/w89h6g.jpg

scav
April 27, 2011, 08:49 PM
I just read Volume 10. I didn't expect THAT outcome.
Who would have thought that the regis knights would all
die
Now part 2 is beginning and the title makes more sense.
This manhwa defiantly jumped a few points in my book

yeah, can't wait for the vol 11. Here my thought
everybody will think they all died ( including Felix).Diha will conquer everything, Felix will become some kind of rebel.

but there is one thing that i don't understand, Diha was one of the regis knights, so he's still linked to felicia. If Felicia die, the 11 knights are supposed to die with her ( including Diha), right ?

Josl
April 27, 2011, 10:10 PM
First I think we should stop using Spoiler tags for predictions and stuff that happened 1 day after the scanlation came out. I know I started it :) but if someone hasn’t read the Manwha yet should go and read it.

but there is one thing that i don't understand, Diha was one of the regis knights, so he's still linked to felicia. If Felicia die, the 11 knights are supposed to die with her ( including Diha), right ?

Exactly my thoughts.

I see 3 possible ways the Manhwa could go

1) They really all died.

This is the one I actually would prefer the most.
If they all died than you are right, Diha should have died too because a Regis knight dies when Philistin dies BUT like we have seen if I remember correctly the SEAL(or however it is named) can be transferred to someone else. One of the Regis Knights did this and transferred it to his son. So it is possible when he heard that Philistin is alive and he knew that she would come after him that he transferred the seal to someone else so that the other Person would die instead. If this is the case than there could be other Regis Knights who share his point of view like the old Hermit which transferred the seal to the son of the one Regis Knight, still alive and become Enemies later on.
The Story would follow the Revenge path of Felix Maian who becomes a legendary Hero
The Legend of Maian
This is for me the most likely path for the Manga and the one I would prefer the most

2) The Regis Knights were sealed away

If this is the case than we will see Felixs journey of getting them out of the seal. I mean it still could go the way of revenge and during that journey he learns they are only sealed away because Diha is still alive and …
OR

3) They really all died but there is a way to bring them back (reincarnation, time travel…..)
Practically the same as above. Probably first the revenge path and than he learns about a way to get them back and then the reincarnation path

kidopitz27
April 28, 2011, 02:50 AM
Diha gave a pill to Felicia to sever her magic power and maybe it also included the link for Regis Knights so maybe Diha Escaped

scav
April 28, 2011, 11:26 PM
oh u're right he gave him a pill. i totally forgot that.I can't believe she accepted to eat the pill so easily >_<
well so problem is fixed then, that mean all the others knights died. damn can't wait for the vol 11

BakaHaze
April 30, 2011, 04:15 AM
oh u're right he gave him a pill. i totally forgot that.I can't believe she accepted to eat the pill so easily >_<
well so problem is fixed then, that mean all the others knights died. damn can't wait for the vol 11

Grr, her immortality spell was my last hope, I really like all of the Regis knights, other than Diha, of course.:mad

Oh well...

Also, is there a novel for this? Anyone know what it's called or where to find it?

kidopitz27
April 30, 2011, 01:59 PM
i think its called Legend of Maian Light Novel :)

i dont know if it is the one you're looking it's in Korean though :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?2mmqy5y2zmm

BakaHaze
April 30, 2011, 06:22 PM
Fufufu, so it exists, eh?

I need to go find the chinese version of this...

scav
August 25, 2011, 05:15 PM
any new about this manhwa?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

oh i found the raw of the vol 11 and 12 :zomg

Sema
August 25, 2011, 08:16 PM
if you really have a link, could you pm me. thanks.

scav
August 25, 2011, 08:19 PM
well the links for the raws
vol 11 (http://www.mediafire.com/?xp1rygqk9cic7zd)
vol 12 (http://www.mediafire.com/?39of48a0ahiokj4)

BakaHaze
August 25, 2011, 10:24 PM
:zomg

Can't wait for the scans!!!

S'a pity I can't read korean, the novel ended aaagggeeesss ago....:XD

Sema
August 28, 2011, 05:48 AM
The scanlation group said that scanlated volume 11 will be out latest next month. I'm looking at the raws and it looks very interesting.

halfcrzy
August 28, 2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the Raw link! Actually I thought this series was doomed when the final chapters came out. I was so shocked to see what changed. Our boy felix has turned into some rage monster with domestic abuse issues lol. Thats kind of a 180 turn on personality

shaheer
August 29, 2011, 04:42 AM
Hey scavvy you knwo my taste to some extent, would you recommend it to me?

axionman
September 07, 2011, 10:04 PM
well the links for the raws
vol 11 (http://www.mediafire.com/?xp1rygqk9cic7zd)
vol 12 (http://www.mediafire.com/?39of48a0ahiokj4)

sir do you still have a link for volume 11 and 12?
the link you post is not working

BakaHaze
September 08, 2011, 04:25 AM
Axionman, It works.

axionman
September 08, 2011, 08:36 AM
haha.. yeah it works.. haha:D

im just excited. maybe they have a maintenance when i try to download it.

tnx

shakes12
September 10, 2011, 08:08 AM
is there anyone translating it

BakaHaze
September 12, 2011, 06:57 AM
Yeah, they are, but it's gonna take a while...

Just be patient and wait, normally we'd probably never see this in our lifetimes in english...:darn

skillder
October 15, 2011, 01:29 PM
Volume 11 of maian was just released :)

The Legend of Maian (http://www.mangatrix.com/the-legend-of-maian/) vol 11 (http://www.mangatrix.com/the-legend-of-maian/58/en/)

shaheer
November 13, 2011, 02:09 AM
Hey fellas, look i agree that i started it late but can any one tell me whether the scans are ongoing?
chap 62 is a cliffhanger if you ask me. Not to mention i saw ppl talking abt it for eons which suggest it came out long ago. is it done for? like say aflame inferno?
or sth else

kidopitz27
March 08, 2012, 04:08 PM
legend of Maian chapter 63 -66 is released :P

http://unixmanga.com/onlinereading/The_Legend_of_Maian/The_Legend_of_Maian_c063_nas.html

i'm getting excited again :) just saw the RAWS and read some small summary of the light novel :P yes it's coming back again this is the first manhwa that i read and it became my favorite the second one is the breaker :P

halfcrzy
March 08, 2012, 07:15 PM
Sweet its back! Its been slow translating for the last little while. Intense last few chapters. Cant wait for volume 13

kidopitz27
March 09, 2012, 01:02 AM
now that i read the new chapters i think this time Felix will look for the descendants of the warriors that fought alongside the HERO "MAIAN"

just like Lin Light said he found Felix that means he's looking for him a long time to unite and fight DIHA's army

Edit: Scratch that it is already stated by Lin on the previous chapter i think the next chapter will be Diha rescuing Felicia in that fight i forgot that part though i saw the RAws like a year ago :P

shaheer
March 09, 2012, 08:38 AM
THIS IS FRIGGINGH AWESOME man i had chills. Felix and felecia are 2 powerhouse. I wonder who will win this though, i am sure felicia went through some steady enhancement from that Diha, nd felix has some prob with that devilshu.
i hope they are intact enough to make a run for it when they get the slip

kidopitz27
March 09, 2012, 02:07 PM
chapter 67-70 is released WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mangareader.net/1164/the-legend-of-maian.html

Edit: hahahahaha i forgot that Felix have a brother but he said that he will inherit another title and that title is also a companion of Ryt Maian (Maian the brave)

and also Felix's brother has a son named felix that means there's 3 maian now :P

too sad that while searching for vol 14 RAWS there isn't any and then checked other sites that they only release vol 13 so far i hope they release some RAWS soon i want to read it badly :P

halfcrzy
March 09, 2012, 03:35 PM
Whoa awesome! 2 volumes in 2 days? This is an awesome day! I actually enjoyed his brothers volume. Nice side distraction, kinda want the brothers to meet up

kidopitz27
March 09, 2012, 07:06 PM
i think they will meet up his brother already said that he will inherit a title and because of that he is bound to meet Felix and LIN

shaheer
March 09, 2012, 11:34 PM
i didnt get the stuffs abt rand seyron
care to explain ?
nd Y is felix trying to deny his lineage with the Maian war god?
lol the way he gets the tile it seems like we have a kratos in the manga

scav
March 10, 2012, 12:09 PM
didn't get it too. but i'm too lazy to dig :XD

kidopitz27
March 10, 2012, 05:09 PM
i didnt get the stuffs about rand seyron
care to explain ?
and why is felix trying to deny his lineage with the Maian war god?
lol the way he gets the tile it seems like we have a kratos in the manga

Rand Seryon(Title) is one of the companion of Maian the brave

Felix is denying his lineage of maian is because of that Surname (MAIAN) Felicia died(Felix think that she died) i think he abandon that surname because he think that if people know that he's a descendant of maian they will also die (typical Villain move to kill or harass the protagonist love ones or friends)

from what i read Maian the Brave also falls in love with Felicia too..... that's why Maian the brave Sealed her in exchange for his life (i think on chapter 70 Maian the Brave is staring at Felicia on the fields)

:) MAIAN the BRAVE didn't get the title War God because he killed the Original War God i think they were implying that Maian the Brave is a War God because (he got the blessings of 3 gods) of the way he do things in a war like the mask dude in chapter 64(i think?) he stated that even the whole battalion attack him it will be useless

my Question is how did Felix got a Devilshu? did i miss something?

k-dom
March 11, 2012, 03:53 PM
Hello,
I started reading the manhwa this week, it's quite efficient :-)

That was exactly the question I was about to ask. My guess is that when Felicia teleported them away, Felix took some of the regis power but I'm not really sure since I'm not sure they are dead.
Anyway it seems like felix will get some partner too like his ancester. I also wonder how comes Olienne is immortal, is it the case for the others 3 too ?

shaheer
March 17, 2012, 05:33 AM
R

nah you didnt miss anything:)

but i was asking Y Lance would be called rand (or so the dialogues implied ) he is a direct descendant of Maian the braver no?

as for the devilshu i think during the last brink of the battle felecia transferred some of her powers to felix
i think she predicted that Diha will turn her into a marionette so to strengthen him against her and Diha she implanted it in him

the prob with this is blood fine and delilshu seems to have an oxymoron relationship, so both in one guy renders him that madcap state

thats my 2 pence there

kidopitz27
March 21, 2012, 08:18 PM
nah you didnt miss anything:)

but i was asking Y Lance would be called rand (or so the dialogues implied ) he is a direct descendant of Maian the braver no?

as for the devilshu i think during the last brink of the battle felecia transferred some of her powers to felix
i think she predicted that Diha will turn her into a marionette so to strengthen him against her and Diha she implanted it in him

the prob with this is blood fine and delilshu seems to have an oxymoron relationship, so both in one guy renders him that madcap state

thats my 2 pence there

even if you have a surname "MAIAN" you will not really inherit the title of the descendant you need to have blood fines to be called a descendant of Maian the Brave

that means Felix's brother didn't have the blood fines but he learn skills from the descendant of one of the companions of Maian

P.S > there is a lot of Maian on the first part of the series
first part
Rand Maian (Father of Felix and Lance)
Alcof Maian (Father of Rand)
Felix Maian (i think he is the only one inherited the Blood Fines)
Lance Maian

second part
Felix Maian
Lance Maian
Felix Maian (son of Lance Maian)

kidopitz27
June 13, 2012, 12:40 AM
They just released chapter 71 (http://unixmanga.com/onlinereading/The_Legend_of_Maian/The_Legend_of_Maian_c071_nas.html)

halfcrzy
June 13, 2012, 02:16 AM
Oh nice new chapter already. Noticed they only have 4 chapters a volume, so instead of 6 month breaks im guessin its only a 4 month break between each volume. I was actually just thinkin about this series the other day. Kind of a let down chapter though, wanted some more badassary. Also was it just me, but going over the volume 13..? about felix's brother, Did it look like the dancer girl was maybe felicia? I mean even lance said i know that face from somewhere. Maybe the spell blew that diha used blew felicia into two beings, and this is like the pure goodness side of her. And also about the devilishu thing and blood fines. Im assuming the devilishu tends to build up over time and if he gets into any emotion outburst he will rage monster like the hulk, so its almost never safe to activate blood fines. And when he does finally activate blood fines, my guess is that the devilishu curse is actually hampering his natural abilities. I mean, cmon, 5 years ago he could shoot out a nebrium. And now he is shown to have mastered his gift, but a rank 3 (which im assuming isn't the strongest) left him so drained. Hopefully someone can cure and/or explain how he got the curse.

kidopitz27
June 13, 2012, 06:05 PM
chapter 72 t o74 (http://unixmanga.com/onlinereading/The_Legend_of_Maian.html) released sweet :P

they say Nyuran (human in real world) destroyed themselves because of their science :)

i think what will happen is Felix will not get all the artifacts for himself but it will be given for them

Jeda will get the sword i think Felix don't need it because he is already a great swordsman

Shemilia will get the magic spell (shield) because she will need it to cast some spells

Felix will get the armor because he is really a careless guy who thinks he can catch any attack with his body

but i hope Felix will get all the artifacts for himself so he can become a legit GOW :)

scav
June 17, 2012, 09:44 AM
lol the 2 kids are a kinda annoying

kidopitz27
June 18, 2012, 07:20 AM
chapter 75 (http://unixmanga.com/onlinereading/The_Legend_of_Maian/The_Legend_of_Maian_c075_nas.html) is released :P lol meldra is Raikou from pokemon hahahahaha

shaheer
June 23, 2012, 10:19 PM
lol ya it seemed all pokemon to me, but i wished that Blood fines give felix more power than that, he was half dead from a blast.
i know its that lady's time to show off but i wanted felix to get a lot more stronger than that in the 5 yrs
nd i echo scav, the 2 brats are just waste of space, the boy blabbles all day long like there is no tomorrow and the girl did nothing notable apart from fainting

axionman
September 01, 2012, 07:09 AM
sir, do you have a scan for chapter 76 even if it raw
can't wait hehe

kidopitz27
July 22, 2013, 07:02 PM
sir, do you have a scan for chapter 76 even if it raw
can't wait hehe

i think this is old news but i just saw it :D that Legend of Maian will be in hiatus because the author is making Freezing Zero?

Wowzers
July 22, 2013, 11:15 PM
This particular author, Im Dal Young (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lim_Dall-young), habitually does this. He creates a chain of popular series only to abandon them to Hiatus and work on something else for a while... usually something new.

scav
July 23, 2013, 02:20 AM
freezing so bad compared to Maian :nah

kidopitz27
July 23, 2013, 07:00 AM
This particular author, Im Dal Young (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lim_Dall-young), habitually does this. He creates a chain of popular series only to abandon them to Hiatus and work on something else for a while... usually something new.

look all of those work he's doing i mean

Aflame Inferno is good for me
Legend of Maian is awesome

and then when i saw the list of his current works WTF? 6?

the phantom king , Freezing , Freezing Zero , Momorubu , Mōsō Kagyō no Michinaga-san , Freezing Love Stories? wtf man!

can he just focus on 1 work ?

BASED Shinigami
January 02, 2014, 06:00 PM
I kind of wish he would just end Freezing, so he can get back to working on this comic.

Jammin
January 02, 2014, 06:39 PM
I feel the same.

The Legend of Maian has become like ID to me. By that a mean a good series that comes out so rarely and in such small amounts that my attention wanders elsewhere. Which is a pity because it's so good.

BASED Shinigami
January 03, 2014, 03:23 AM
I feel the same.

The Legend of Maian has become like ID to me. By that a mean a good series that comes out so rarely and in such small amounts that my attention wanders elsewhere. Which is a pity because it's so good.

You're right. I absolutely love the story, especially the new developments after the time-skip. How do you feel about the changes that have been made to the main protagonist's character or personality?

Jammin
January 03, 2014, 10:52 AM
You're right. I absolutely love the story, especially the new developments after the time-skip. How do you feel about the changes that have been made to the main protagonist's character or personality?I have mixed feelings on them.

On the one hand I like what happened to the hero to some degree. His berserker nature is a pretty neat element on the other hand I don't much like whatever's going on with Felicia. The memory loss, split self, or whatever's going on there is definitely not something I'm a fan of.

shaheer
January 04, 2014, 10:06 AM
it has ben around 1 yr and a half since no new chaps came out. What is the guy thinking I dont know why freezing is so popular but i didnt find it that good instead LotM is waay better with much potential I wish he could give us more of this than the other

kidopitz27
January 04, 2014, 04:46 PM
i think the author is just taking his time because he knows that there is already a light novel of this manhwa :(

BASED Shinigami
January 04, 2014, 07:36 PM
i think the author is just taking his time because he knows that there is already a light novel of this manhwa :(

I tried searching for it on the web, but I came up with nothing.

kidopitz27
January 06, 2014, 06:57 AM
I tried searching for it on the web, but I came up with nothing.

the story of the light novel is there is a baby from the future (or something i forgot) it was the baby of Felix and Felicia but the baby was in the hands of Diha and that baby was being taken care of the the woman(forgot the name he is with the guy with an armor that attack felix)

i think there is also speculation i don't know if this is part of the light novel but Felicia was split into two some say that the mute that Felix's brother found was Felicia's half that's why he look at Felix brother's son with compassion

i think its called Legend of Maian Light Novel :)

i dont know if it is the one you're looking it's in Korean though :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?2mmqy5y2zmm

that is the link for the light novel i'm surprised that it is still live :D so if you know Hangul :D

shaheer
January 06, 2014, 10:04 AM
the light novel seems to be in korean .. or is it just me? If you guys have an english one can you guys send it to me?

Mr. Arashi
February 16, 2014, 03:48 AM
I want my new chap right now! :-_-

scav
February 16, 2014, 06:25 AM
well we all want but you gotta live with the possibility that you'll never see the end of this manhwa :p