PDA

View Full Version : Character Is Koala Jewelry Bonnie?

mattiaildivino
April 24, 2011, 12:25 PM
Oda has itnroduced this new character for a reason,if not he wouldn't have done it.has I have said several times,Koala is THE character of this flashback. she entered in the story 13 years ago,then 11 years before Whitebeard's death.she might have been 22 years when we saw her the first time,but she could have changed her age with her power.we know she was in the world government,and people(we fans) think koala is a spy.she could have changed her mind and become a pirate as his savior.she loved Whitebeard probably because he protected fishmen island.
what do you think?

MaiSiaoSiao
April 25, 2011, 06:02 AM
i dont remember the character you"re saying.mind posting which chapter did she appear or which ep?

mattiaildivino
April 25, 2011, 08:11 AM
the rookie with a bounty of 140 millions,the only female supernova http://www.mangareader.net/103-2605-13/one-piece/chapter-498.html .

bittman
April 25, 2011, 09:39 AM
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2404220&postcount=117

My response. For those who dont want to click a link: Bonney being Koala would actually make her weaker for the purpose of overarching plot.

In other news: Koala's eyes are completely different to Bonney's. Even if hair, appearance and demenour change as someone ages, eyes dont suddenly go from full black to coloured in stories.

Case closed?

MaiSiaoSiao
April 25, 2011, 09:51 AM
nono not bonnie.I wanna see Koala.

matzik1212
April 25, 2011, 12:25 PM
i don't think koala is jewelry bonney ....i think given her past experience koala should have a different type of behavior and to me jewelry seemed a cruel girl who doesn't give a damn about anyone and i base this words from what happened on SA when she said to zoro to leave that guy that was shot by the tenryuubito die there...that's not very nice ;)
i would be really really disappointed if this proves to be true ...i personally find jewelry very annoying and koala seemed an interesting character in the flashback so i'm refusing to think she might be the same person :darn

Anduren
April 26, 2011, 08:55 AM
I don't want to shoot down anybody's theory, but I will just say why I don't think Koala is Jewelry Bonny. On chapter 499, page 16 (last panel), Bonny says that she has never heard of a pirate saving someone. If she was Koala that would contradict what she said in two ways. Fisher Tiger not only freed the slaves, but if you assume that he was not a pirate at the time, he saved Koala from the island she was stranded on by taking her home. On top of that, I think that if Bonny is indeed Koala, seeing a tenryubito would have brought out a much more extreme reaction from her in Sabondy Archipelago when she was only inches away from one of them. i.e. she would've either been the most enraged person, or been terrified enough to run away on sight as opposed to jumping in to stop Zori. But I guess, till the story completely unfolds, there is no real proof to say either way.

Ninja_Pirate
April 26, 2011, 01:06 PM
The title of the thread should be "is Jewelry Bonney Koala?"

I don't want to shoot down anybody's theory, but I will just say why I don't think Koala is Jewelry Bonny. On chapter 499, page 16 (last panel), Bonny says that she has never heard of a pirate saving someone. .

If Jewelery bonney has turned into a pirate she must have came across lot of pirates... and general perception for pirates is what she is talking about not one in a million kindda guy...

however i wanted to believe if she turn out to be bonney... i really can see the round eyes of koala in bonney's eyes litlle flatten by her cheeks... hair color .. both not black..thin neck compared to face again common... however seeing the circumstances and going by logic it does seem she is not bonney :( :( ..... Koala has made her heart strong and she wants to get to her mom.. seeing all this i really think now that she will not turn out to be bonney... until one circumstance... koala father is some higher government official and wasnt knowing that she is his daughter and came to know later in the story and thus uncle akainu came to take her back as bonney :) ...

pyogenes
April 27, 2011, 05:58 PM
In other news: Koala's eyes are completely different to Bonney's. Even if hair, appearance and demenour change as someone ages, eyes dont suddenly go from full black to coloured in stories.

Case closed?

That is true most of the time for an actual person, but she's just a drawing. If Oda drew a moldy slice of bread and said that's what Garp looked like as a child, then that's what he looked like. Reality is just a guideline, not a requirement in fiction. ;)

That said I doubt they are the same person.

THM Nindo
April 29, 2011, 09:03 AM
She could be, but IMO, that would be a huge waste of potential for Bonney.

Considering that she can change her appearance to look as young as she want, I'm kinda expecting her to be very old (like 100 years old!!) and be one of those who know many things about the Marines and the World Government.

That would be a good plot-twist and also explain why they were tracking her so badly.

mattiaildivino
April 29, 2011, 04:12 PM
we are always considering events as Koala is a spy,I don't see why Bonnie would lose her prestige. she is the only supernova who has been captured,and we know she was in the world government,according to akainu's speech. this is a good chance to explain things...

Tonix
April 29, 2011, 06:15 PM
No, Bonney was mad when WB died. Koala has a bond with Fisher, until WB shows up in this flashback and forms a bond with Koala, this theory is just as ridiculous as the 'he/she is the next crew member' theories that pop up whenever a new character is introduced.

Lord Rayleigh
May 01, 2011, 07:08 AM
Is that not simple ? Bonney has a devil fruit which allows her to change age. Has she ever used it on herself ? Yes, she did. She even turned back to her child appearance. Now compare it with Koala in the flashback. Do they look the same ?

sh4dx
May 06, 2011, 06:09 PM
oh god..why always when a character is introduced people going frenzy and lose their common sense?NO Koala is not bonney,and Koala WILL NOT join the crew she is a FB character JUST to emphasize FT personality,as simple as that...At best she will have a small appearence during the arc or at the end of the arc(don't rush and say i mean she is at FI,i mean maybe Oda will show her learning what happen at FI and have a response just that),or even not showing again

THM Nindo
May 06, 2011, 06:14 PM
oh god..why always when a character is introduced people going frenzy and lose their common sense?NO Koala is not bonney,and Koala WILL NOT join the crew she is a FB character JUST to emphasize FT personality,as simple as that...

It's simple.
One piece is at its best when new strawhats are introduced, so everyone want another arc like that.

sh4dx
May 06, 2011, 06:18 PM
It's simple.
One piece is at its best when new strawhats are introduced, so everyone want another arc like that.

Ok i didn't get it,but where did you have even a LITTLE possibility that Koala will be make an appearence RIGHT NOW,which makes NO sense because she is a human and right now we are 10.000 meters under the sea,put aside joining the crew.I don't understand you guys everytime you are like "ohhh jinbe joining,ohhh perona joining,ohhh hancock joining, blablabla"..There is not even 1% possibility she will end up joining the crew,it's common sense,really...

kkck
May 07, 2011, 07:36 PM
I agree in that there is no chance in hell that koala is bonnie. They don't even look alike and their personalities could not be further apart. If we do see koala it will be in the new world but even that would be unlikely.

hokageji
May 14, 2011, 01:30 AM
She is named after Anne Bonny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny

By Bonny's story, she was the daughter of an attorney William Cormac and his maid Mary.

Anne was brought up as a boy and one day stabbed her servant and escaped home and she was a red haired girl.

she was captured by jonathan barnet and imprisoned while she was a pirate in Rachams ship.... she later married a local man........

If you go by the story, then Bonney cant be Koala.... IT also makes me think that bonney was a noble, tenryubito which explains why admirals were interested in taking her back.....

Ninja_Pirate
May 15, 2011, 12:13 PM
She is named after Anne Bonny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny

By Bonny's story, she was the daughter of an attorney William Cormac and his maid Mary.

Anne was brought up as a boy and one day stabbed her servant and escaped home and she was a red haired girl.

she was captured by jonathan barnet and imprisoned while she was a pirate in Rachams ship.... she later married a local man........

If you go by the story, then Bonney cant be Koala.... IT also makes me think that bonney was a noble, tenryubito which explains why admirals were interested in taking her back.....

How the story is going its already pretty much evident that bonney is not koala... you need not to paste wikipedia content here.. moreover oda always takes name of one piece characters from existing character and this also was mentioned by him in SBS... but what he doesnt do is .. he does not take the entire story and make his plot... :-_-

Tonix
May 20, 2011, 05:04 PM
he does not take the entire story and make his plot... :-_-

I would normally agree with you, but in Bonnie's case, there are more similarities than just their names. From what Akainu said, Bonnie did run away and has been captured. All thats left now is for her to get married. (Cue BonnieXLuffy ships)

Ratatosk
October 04, 2011, 04:57 PM
More Luffy ships?
Oh god no...

Koala could be a very interesting adult if she turns up. Man that flashback was one of the darkest yet.
Jewelry Bonney is also an interesting adult, if only for kicking Blackbeard in the nads.
They're not the same person though.

If we're taking peoples names seriously, the interesting thing about Bonney is her namesake was allied with Calico Jack, who Brook's captain was named after. Combined with the aging powers thing and there could be something in this.. but probably not. It's a huge world out there.

Kyodai Senkan Mora
October 06, 2011, 08:04 AM
In addition to all the overwhelmingly good reasons stated above as to why Koala IS NOT Bonnie. I will point out that her home island is on the grandline while Bonnie is from South Blue

Lord Rayleigh
November 02, 2011, 06:53 AM
Wow. Since I saw Bonney's child mode at Sabaody, I always figured out she couldn't be Koala but we've got new intel about Bonney. Here (http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1610/d1160924ab18972b1c372d8.jpg) is the picture of Supernovae when they were young, and get it ready, Bonney looks exactly like Koala. She's not the thin child from Bonney's devil power but more like the round Koala.

Koala and Bonney's stories could match at some point. That is the quote from One Piece Wikia : " The truth was that Fisher Tiger was attacked because people from a previous island informed the Marines about the Sun Pirates while the people on this island allowed it on the condition that the Marines overlook the fact that she was a released slave and not take her back. "

What if the Marines actually took Koala back to Mariejois despite their deal with the inhabitants ? That could explain why Bonney hate the WG/Marines. That could explain how Bonney gotten her devil fruit : she would have been fed by the tenryubito like the Gorgon sisters were. That could explain why she was with the WG before becoming a pirate.

mattiaildivino
November 02, 2011, 07:31 AM
Wow. Since I saw Bonney's child mode at Sabaody, I always figured out she couldn't be Koala but we've got new intel about Bonney. Here (http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1610/d1160924ab18972b1c372d8.jpg) is the picture of Supernovae when they were young, and get it ready, Bonney looks exactly like Koala. She's not the thin child from Bonney's devil power but more like the round Koala.

Koala and Bonney's stories could match at some point. That is the quote from One Piece Wikia : " The truth was that Fisher Tiger was attacked because people from a previous island informed the Marines about the Sun Pirates while the people on this island allowed it on the condition that the Marines overlook the fact that she was a released slave and not take her back. "

What if the Marines actually took Koala back to Mariejois despite their deal with the inhabitants ? That could explain why Bonney hate the WG/Marines. That could explain how Bonney gotten her devil fruit : she would have been fed by the tenryubito like the Gorgon sisters were. That could explain why she was with the WG before becoming a pirate.
exactly what I thought ;) this is the reason why I made this thread.

Samui
November 03, 2011, 06:52 AM
They do look very similar, however, Bonny is from South Blue while Koala's home is in the Grand Line.

mattiaildivino
November 06, 2011, 06:02 PM
They do look very similar, however, Bonny is from South Blue while Koala's home is in the Grand Line.

and what does it mean? are you trying to say our hypothesis are wrong just because of a nonsense as this? everyone was sure about luffy and ace's kinship,but oda showed it wasn't sure. exactly like nami might be vagapunk's daughter,since she was orphan,I wouldn't be much surprised if oda draws that. then don't try to close the debate with poor evidences ,lol

Schabrak
November 06, 2011, 09:33 PM
When did facts become nonsense? He has a point, one mentioned before in this thread, doesn't mean that he's right, as Oda could retcon it to make her Bonny, any the less it doesn't allow you to trample his point like that. We've got nearly nothing on her, so that called poor evidence is one of the fistful we have and makes it more important by that. Yet Oda created the Supernova in a short time, so little mistakes could be explained with it.

Razh
November 07, 2011, 01:52 AM
I don't think it's her. BUT, maybe she eats a lot because of how she used to be hungry a lot as a slave.

Also, the fact that they are from different places doesn't mean a lot. Maybe she moved.

Mashiro_Luna
November 07, 2011, 02:56 AM
Pretty much been confirmed they are not the same character with the newest SBS where it shows all the Bonnie looks nothing like Koala in that picture. If you want to see it check out the volume cover thread.

Schabrak
November 07, 2011, 09:38 AM
Mashiro_Luna
Next time at least try to read the last couple of posts, you didn't add anything to the discussion.

Here's a little mashup to compare those two, and Bonnies different stages. And "looking nothing alike" is definitely the wrong wording here. The only difference is that the hair is combed differently. There is no resemblence to real young and transformed young Bonnie though, so that argument should be excluded from the discussion.
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/896/koalabonneymistery.png

Uriel
November 08, 2011, 10:45 AM
Well...She does look awfully similar there. It's weird they have the same size of head, as well.

Now I'm actually buying this theory.