PDA

View Full Version : Theory Layla Heartfilia and Dragons

RaveDragon
April 25, 2011, 06:07 AM
i didnt see another thread like this so i'm gonna make it ^^

I've always been really curios about this, Mashima mentions Layla in snippets first as Lucy visits her grave the whole dieing in the smae year as the dragons and now we learn she was a mage (although it was obvious lucy had to take from someone and lets face it she's her mother's spitting image) who retired at 16?

weak person? i think not, Killer magic? possible, she's still alive and hiding? maybe, connected to the dragons? its highly likely

So what are our thoughts minna? :D

EDIT;
What we know till now;
the wikia is quite informative but i'd rather go with manga
http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Layla_Heartfilia

1-Lucy is the spitting image of her mother which might be used (again) in the story
Older Layla (here she must be in her late 20's); http://www.mangareader.net/135-7183-14/fairy-tail/chapter-68.html
Younger Layla (she must have been 16 here 29+7-20 using the chapters logic); http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/223/20

2-Lucy was definitely close to her mum the letters are a proof and the way she speaks on her etc
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7182-17/fairy-tail/chapter-67.html
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7182-18/fairy-tail/chapter-67.html

3-Layla is 'dead' and the year is suspiciously the same as the year the dragons went awol!
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7183-15/fairy-tail/chapter-68.html
(she was quite young 29 sheesh there must have been something killed most probably :/ could Lucy have forgotten due to shock?)

4-Layla was a (presumably powerful) celestial mage who owned 3 gold keys; Aquarius, Cancer and capricorn and made a pact with them and their new owners and them to protect lucy if she was to become a mage; Reason still unknown, why would Lucy need protection? Ulterior reason or because she's her child?
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/224/16

5-Met Lucy's father at love and Lucky guild where they decided on lucy's name (this is after she retired from using magic i doubt her dad knows anything but he might)
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7245-13/fairy-tail/chapter-130.html

saya1987
April 27, 2011, 10:27 AM
Personally, I think layla is either from Quatro Cerberus or a dark guild but I feel that the odds are a dark guild.

She used to be a mage so she should belong to some magic guild. Another interesting thing is how Lucy obtained Aquarius, Cancer and Taurus. The fact that Aquarius and Cancer were given to different owners shows that there are at least 2 other celestial mages besides lucy and they are acquainted with both layla and lucy.
Assuming the mages who received layla's keys didn't pass the keys to other mages, I would expect them to be powerful, experienced mages. Can't wait for this arc to be over so that Caprico can shred some light onto lucy's past.

Then again, Layla could be from the council. I'm really really intrigued about Layla more than anyone else. I can't wait to see some interaction betwee Aquarius and Layla. Hope there's some!

Darjaille
April 27, 2011, 10:37 AM
Even if she would be alive, Lucy has, like, 10 zodiac keys, so i don't see her being all powerful :D (if in a dark guild)

Also, I don't remember properly, but why do you assume that she is not dead?

saya1987
April 27, 2011, 10:47 AM
You misread my post. I didn't state anything about Layla being dead or alive. I said she probably USED TO belong to a guild. However, if you're interested, I personally believe she's dead and I hope that she stays dead unless there'a very good reason.

The no. of keys one has does not equate to how much power a person possesses.

Secondly, everlue and zoldeo had secondary magic besides being celestial mages. Everlue could dig underground while zoldeo could posess humans. Whether or not hades was the one who granted him powers does not matter. This fact alone proves that celestial mages are capable of having secondary magic besides summoning spirits. E.g Lucy could cast spells- unison raid, the spell that she used against angel. Mere coincidence? I think not.

RaveDragon
April 28, 2011, 08:19 AM
Personally, I think layla is either from Quatro Cerberus or a dark guild but I feel that the odds are a dark guild.

She used to be a mage so she should belong to some magic guild. Another interesting thing is how Lucy obtained Aquarius, Cancer and Taurus. The fact that Aquarius and Cancer were given to different owners shows that there are at least 2 other celestial mages besides lucy and they are acquainted with both layla and lucy.
Assuming the mages who received layla's keys didn't pass the keys to other mages, I would expect them to be powerful, experienced mages. Can't wait for this arc to be over so that Caprico can shred some light onto lucy's past.

Then again, Layla could be from the council. I'm really really intrigued about Layla more than anyone else. I can't wait to see some interaction betwee Aquarius and Layla. Hope there's some!

layla in a dark guild would be a cool plot but i see it unlikely since she seems such a nice person and lucy really loved her ^^

those other 2 mages yeah they might know something maybe the three spirits will reveal to lucy something that she msut do? or they meet her and talk to her about her destiny?

Aquarius and layla i cant imagine thier relationship haha i really wanna see it

Layla is so mysterious we only know very little and nothing about her personality, she seems though very calm and composed...
Capricorn has to say something!!!

Even if she would be alive, Lucy has, like, 10 zodiac keys, so i don't see her being all powerful (if in a dark guild)

Also, I don't remember properly, but why do you assume that she is not dead?

its a possibility since no one ever said i SAW her die maybe she just vanished and told lucy she died, or pretended to die its possible since we have little on her

Secondly, everlue and zoldeo had secondary magic besides being celestial mages. Everlue could dig underground while zoldeo could posess humans. Whether or not hades was the one who granted him powers does not matter. This fact alone proves that celestial mages are capable of having secondary magic besides summoning spirits. E.g Lucy could cast spells- unison raid, the spell that she used against angel. Mere coincidence? I think not.

Lucy's secondary magic is another mystery she definitely has 'talent' lets say i wonder if like natsu its conditioned by her emotions

urano meteroia was 'given' to her by hibiki but she did perform it so she must be capable of other spells right? i wonder if he has killer magic like ellie her mother seemed a strong person probably took from her and again layla and lucy intrigue me so much!

saya1987
April 28, 2011, 09:12 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention another interesting point! In the chapter titled Zoldeo's ambition, Leo stated that Lucy had no idea about Caprico's promise to Layla.

Then, how did Lucy know about Aquarius and Cancer and not Caprico?

Darjaille
April 28, 2011, 11:52 AM
Then, how did Lucy know about Aquarius and Cancer and not Caprico?

Did Lucy know about Aquarius & Cancer being her mother's former spirits? Maybe she just got them (somehow - the other mages gave it to her, or she found it or whatever :D) and didn't know about it.

ca12nag3
April 28, 2011, 12:14 PM
Did Lucy know about Aquarius & Cancer being her mother's former spirits? Maybe she just got them (somehow - the other mages gave it to her, or she found it or whatever :D) and didn't know about it.

I supose both the mages that had Cancer and Aquarius showed up and gave them to her. It might also be that 1 of them tutored Lucy in magic but im sure she does not know about the 3 keys being her true property due to inheritance.

It might also be a reason why Aquarius is not that obedient most likely cause she is anoyed with Lucys lack of ability copared to her mother ( what i think).

miramira
April 28, 2011, 01:19 PM
"It might also be a reason why Aquarius is not that obedient most likely cause she is anoyed with Lucys lack of ability copared to her mother ( what i think" - @ca12nag3

Yeah I agree with that. Notice how Aquarius keeps saying Lucy lacks a lot...and yet we could see a hint that despite her b*tchiness she cares for her somehow. I thought that's because Lucy is her previous owner's only daughter...like the way Cancer dotes on Lucy (styling her hair and treating her like a real princess..haha)

I'm looking forward to know more about Layla...she used to be just "Lucy's mom who died when she was young" ... to "Lucy's mom who died the same year the dragons disappeared".. to "A good celestial spirit mage who was Caricorn, Cancer, and Cancer's previous owner." .. the more we know about her the more interesting she gets.

The possibility that she might be from a dark guild (before retiring as a mage and joining the merchant guild w/ Lucy's dad) is also interesting - it might explain why "she got tired" of being a mage at an apparently young age - one would guess that dark guild jobs are at least 5x more tiring than normal jobs. Also if she is from a dark guild then it means a better chance of her story getting more focus /manga pages right? :D :D :D

Now we don't know if she'll make some comeback like Lisanna or just a mere flashback or what. We don't know if the date of her death being the same as the dragons' disappearance was just a coincidence. My hope is that we get to know more about her soon. Which could guess might happen by the end of this arc if that's what Lucy meant she(Lucy) will have a "special" participation in this arc. Maybe it's relatd to her mum :)

RaveDragon
April 29, 2011, 04:06 AM
"It might also be a reason why Aquarius is not that obedient most likely cause she is anoyed with Lucys lack of ability copared to her mother ( what i think" - @ca12nag3

Yeah I agree with that. Notice how Aquarius keeps saying Lucy lacks a lot...and yet we could see a hint that despite her b*tchiness she cares for her somehow. I thought that's because Lucy is her previous owner's only daughter...like the way Cancer dotes on Lucy (styling her hair and treating her like a real princess..haha)

I'm looking forward to know more about Layla...she used to be just "Lucy's mom who died when she was young" ... to "Lucy's mom who died the same year the dragons disappeared".. to "A good celestial spirit mage who was Caricorn, Cancer, and Cancer's previous owner." .. the more we know about her the more interesting she gets.

The possibility that she might be from a dark guild (before retiring as a mage and joining the merchant guild w/ Lucy's dad) is also interesting - it might explain why "she got tired" of being a mage at an apparently young age - one would guess that dark guild jobs are at least 5x more tiring than normal jobs. Also if she is from a dark guild then it means a better chance of her story getting more focus /manga pages right? :D :D :D

Now we don't know if she'll make some comeback like Lisanna or just a mere flashback or what. We don't know if the date of her death being the same as the dragons' disappearance was just a coincidence. My hope is that we get to know more about her soon. Which could guess might happen by the end of this arc if that's what Lucy meant she(Lucy) will have a "special" participation in this arc. Maybe it's relatd to her mum :)

she hasnt done anything special yet im really curious of how this will turn out maybe its got something to do with Natsu crying cuz they're like best friends and probably Zeref

i soo agree especially the Aquarius part, they will probably talk to the in the next arc those three, Aquarius is like the annoying angry but deep down loving big sister figure if you notice, Cancer really spoils her even though she somethings says he overdoes it

i think layla may be linked to Zeref if he's got anything to do with the dragons even more, and i think he is a dragon slayer, maybe he killed her or caused her to unintentionally die, maybe she was the one who turned him so tame

wanted to point out also that lucy hasnt seen Zeref yet even though they met him with ultear, she visibly ask surprised if zeref was there
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/228/6
so maybe when they meet somthing surprisig comes up hence the special participation cuz she's linked to Zeref who recognizes her as layla or layla's daughter (poor luce till now being her mums clone isnt helping much xD)

I'm also hoping for a lucy powerup come on girl show us your cooler secondary magic xD she probably was taught by her mum and i doubt the other 2 mages tutored her they probably just gave/sent her the keys, it would be fun to meet them though maybe they used to be in layla's same guild they could explain stuff together with the 3 spirits

It would be cool if they (or one of them) was a relative of layla more drama then lol

saya1987
April 29, 2011, 11:53 AM
she probably was taught by her mum and i doubt the other 2 mages tutored her they probably just gave/sent her the keys, it would be fun to meet them though maybe they used to be in layla's same guild they could explain stuff together with the 3 spirits

I don't think her mum tutored her. Layla didn't even mention to Lucy that she used to own Caprico. Secondly, her mum died when she was 11. I think all Layla did was hired a tutor(can't remember the name but the guy was at Lucy's home when she returned to confront her dad) so that she can learn about celestial magic and history. At 11, I don't think she was taught to open a gate with celestial keys.

Thirdly, from Lucy's arc, she mentioned that she ran away from home for almost a year. A year is sufficient time to search for the keys/mages and start learning how to call out celestial spirits.

As for the keys, I don't think they're sent to her. She probably has to search for the current owners to obtain the keys because the owners wouldn't know when she wants to become a mage.

Just a sidenote, am I the only one who thinks that ONLY Caprico made a promise to Layla? In the chapter Zoldeo's Ambition, Caprico said, " HOWEVER, I made a promise to Layla..." This was my interpretation of the sentence but too many people here think that ALL the 3 keys belonged to Lucy.

Anyway, yeah, I can't wait to see Aquarius, Cancer and Caprico throwing a gathering party or their previous owners. Another interesting thing is that there are only 2 keys which Lucy has yet to collect- would it be a coincidence that the each of the 2 owners of Aquarius and Cancer owns each of the remaining keys :)

RaveDragon
April 29, 2011, 12:09 PM
I don't think her mum tutored her. Layla didn't even mention to Lucy that she used to own Caprico. Secondly, her mum died when she was 11. I think all Layla did was hired a tutor(can't remember the name but the guy was at Lucy's home when she returned to confront her dad) so that she can learn about celestial magic and history. At 11, I don't think she was taught to open a gate with celestial keys.

Thirdly, from Lucy's arc, she mentioned that she ran away from home for almost a year. A year is sufficient time to search for the keys/mages and start learning how to call out celestial spirits.

As for the keys, I don't think they're sent to her. She probably has to search for the current owners to obtain the keys because the owners wouldn't know when she wants to become a mage.

Just a sidenote, am I the only one who thinks that ONLY Caprico made a promise to Layla? In the chapter Zoldeo's Ambition, Caprico said, " HOWEVER, I made a promise to Layla..." This was my interpretation of the sentence but too many people here think that ALL the 3 keys belonged to Lucy.

Anyway, yeah, I can't wait to see Aquarius, Cancer and Caprico throwing a gathering party or their previous owners. Another interesting thing is that there are only 2 keys which Lucy has yet to collect- would it be a coincidence that the each of the 2 owners of Aquarius and Cancer owns each of the remaining keys :)

it would actually be fun to meet those two owners as i said it would be interesting if they are relatives xD

i think Lucy was 10 rather than 11 when her mum died and she was quite young when she first summoned a spirit i think in the orancon seis arc she was mentioned to have summoned spirits in her flashbacks of gemini

now that you mention it makes more sense that the pact was made with only capricorn unless Lucy is keeping something to herself (she seemed to recognize capricorn maybe she didnt just understand him being a spirit maybe Aquarius and cancer told her something)

also that year intrigues me what could have happened in that year, im expecting a flashback with explanations (maybe she met the other two owners and they told her something xD)

Also i think Layla could have been in fairy tail rather than a dark guild even though it would be cool layla seems to nice ^^ it would be interesting if master recognised lucy and is keeping some secret or porylusca xD

P.S here tutors name was Bero xD *was just rereading phantom arc*

Kuzumikun
April 30, 2011, 01:25 AM
People saying that Celestial Wizards can have secondary magic i think all mages can have secondary magic right? I dunno if one can stick to just one element, but i can be wrong(maybe only the Dragon Slayers can stick to their own element).
Lucy was capable of doing "Unison Raid" and the other one(can't seem to remember). She is probably capable of doing more of a "light" or "holy" type of magic? We don't know but how did Hibiki know that she was capable of using that planet attack? Unless Hiro is just pulling our legs there must be a reason why only Lucy was the first and so far the only character to use Unison Raid(aside from the Anime which Gray and Juvia were able to Unison Raid).
OT about Layla: I'm not surprised if she is somehow also involved with the whole missing Dragons event. I just can't wait for the Dragon arc, a lot of questions will be definatley answered in that arc! :D

ca12nag3
April 30, 2011, 05:14 PM
Before we start derailing, i personaly believe that everyone has a main magic typ and is capable of using every typ of magic, however the result isnt all that great with the other typs.

Layla as well as her daughter Lucy are both Celestial mages, and well Unisonraid was a 2 person magic special. And the other one was a implanted spell she was able to use due to magical potential she hasnt unlocked yet.

RaveDragon
May 01, 2011, 05:26 AM
well Natsu could transform pretty easily in the omake so yeah mages do have secondary magic and Lucy needs to unlock hers soon. her magic was said to be very similar to anima in the edolas arc which is kind of like an opposite to Zeref deaths magic right? i think from what i understood it is a kind of holy light magic like Kuzumikun said so i wonder what type of secondary magic layla and her daughter can actually use :/

Skyguardian
May 01, 2011, 06:23 AM
Lucy is almost one year at Fairy Tail.
So I assume right after this arc she'll have her 18th Birthday and something will happen. Just a guess of course. ;)

RaveDragon
May 01, 2011, 07:25 AM
Lucy is almost one year at Fairy Tail.
So I assume right after this arc she'll have her 18th Birthday and something will happen. Just a guess of course. ;)

thats actually a good idea if it wasnt for the fact that Lucy has been six monts in FT and she joined close to her birthday unless mashima will make months pass until the next arc :/ or do something before it

Kuzumikun
May 02, 2011, 02:57 AM
Before we start derailing, i personaly believe that everyone has a main magic typ and is capable of using every typ of magic, however the result isnt all that great with the other typs.

Layla as well as her daughter Lucy are both Celestial mages, and well Unisonraid was a 2 person magic special. And the other one was a implanted spell she was able to use due to magical potential she hasnt unlocked yet.

i agree with u that all mages can use any element/type magic but find one major/main element/type magic.
Lucy does have some hidden magical potential that i thought would be unlocked in this arc but i guess not >,<...

Krono
May 02, 2011, 09:34 AM

People don't have innate magic types like you're describing. Witness for example Leon and Gray, two entirely random kids that were trained by Ul to be proficient in Ice Make. People's magic depends on what they learned, and most people become proficient in only whatever they start out with. Lucy's a stellar spirit summoner not because she was born that way, but because her mother inclined her to like the spirits and want to learn to be a summoner herself.

ca12nag3
May 02, 2011, 10:17 AM
People don't have innate magic types like you're describing. Witness for example Leon and Gray, two entirely random kids that were trained by Ul to be proficient in Ice Make. People's magic depends on what they learned, and most people become proficient in only whatever they start out with. Lucy's a stellar spirit summoner not because she was born that way, but because her mother inclined her to like the spirits and want to learn to be a summoner herself.

Your twisting my words around (again). I said that has a main magic typ . I never said they are born with it. You twist it around to innate. This isnt the first time you do that.

I said they have a main magic typ, most of the mages learn it, some are possibly gifted with it or MAYBE born with it. For example the dragonslayers.

As with any proffession you got specialists, maybe its best to take millitary proffesions as example.

You got a medic, specialized in healing, tho he can shoot a gun and underwent basic training. But he will never be as good a shot as say, a sniper who specializes in long distance shots.

However i do think but am not sure that dragonslayers are either born with their ability (thus they are actualy human form dragons). Or they are implanted with a dragonpart. In wich case the difference between the lachrima dragonslayer and the real dragonslayer is only in the fact that the real one has a real dragon part and the lachrima ones got lachrimas that mimic a dragon.

As for Layla and Lucy well its obvious that they both are celestial mages not due to being born with it but perhaps like with most talents, wich might be seen as an aditional factor. Most people are good at the same things as 1 or either parent but its not a given ofc. Since some are and some arnt.

For example Cana and Gildarts are related but Cana is factualy a lesser gifted mage + uses a totaly different magic typ.

the 3 siblings Mira,Lissana,Elfman all use transformation magic. I supose its a talent due to their parents.

So many factors contribute to determin typ and skill of the mage.

RaveDragon
May 02, 2011, 12:55 PM
i agree with u that all mages can use any element/type magic but find one major/main element/type magic.
Lucy does have some hidden magical potential that i thought would be unlocked in this arc but i guess not >,<...

dont give up yet the arc still isnt over and she's got a new cool dress she needs to rip -.-" lame joke sorry i cant even laugh...

anywho natsu as i said could use transformation magic, Lucy seems to be able to use some kind of celestial spells or light spells...

so far we've got all connections
Zeref-Dragons-Layla
and then
Natsu-Gajeel-Wendy-Lucy and have you noticed all the 7?

777 - a very mysterious year where Layla and dragons are gone
7 years ago layla died
in the year (you guessed right)777!
and the dragons were gone on the date 7/7/777 in which we suspect Layla died (or whatnot) too!
7 kin of purgatory i dont think this he will use though :/

EDIT;
Also just watched edolas ep 77
Charle said wendy and natsu survived the edolas trip because they had special powers as DS but Lucy also survived (Gray and Erza were revived if i remember well) so i think we got a confirmation she's special xD ie if im correct which makes it fishy once again!

ca12nag3
May 02, 2011, 04:43 PM
EDIT;
Also just watched edolas ep 77
Charle said wendy and natsu survived the edolas trip because they had special powers as DS but Lucy also survived (Gray and Erza were revived if i remember well) so i think we got a confirmation she's special xD ie if im correct which makes it fishy once again!

dunno how the anime will put it but she was hid inside her clock-spirit when it happend. So its special but nothing that confirms anything. The clock even explained that he noticed something and came to her rescue. (to lazy to exactly read it back).
Btw all her spirits can freely show up

RaveDragon
May 03, 2011, 09:51 AM
dunno how the anime will put it but she was hid inside her clock-spirit when it happend. So its special but nothing that confirms anything. The clock even explained that he noticed something and came to her rescue. (to lazy to exactly read it back).
Btw all her spirits can freely show up

I completely and utterly forgot D= but yes the fact that her spirits are coming and going all alone is wierd, i dont think its normal for a celestial mage and Loki switched with Aries so he didnt do it with Karen:/ its suspicious too, i wonder if Aquarius and the two C's could go to Layla like that even when she gave her keys away (well Caprico couldnt due to Zoldeo haha)

ca12nag3
May 03, 2011, 11:14 AM
I think those 3 got a lot to explain to Lucy and somehow they are actualy withholding information. Certainly cause Lucy is clueless about the pact Layla made with the 3 mages that had the 3 keys.

saya1987
May 03, 2011, 01:03 PM
I think those 3 got a lot to explain to Lucy and somehow they are actualy withholding information. Certainly cause Lucy is clueless about the pact Layla made with the 3 mages that had the 3 keys.

Yup, totally agree with you. To a certain extent, I think Lucy seems to be clueless about her mums's past, not just the pact that she made.

RaveDragon
May 03, 2011, 01:16 PM

This really does make sense, i dont think her mom even tutored her or anything :/ i dont think she told her much and Lucy probably set off not only to become a writer she could have done that without becoming a mage but also to find out about her mum or fulfill her mum's destiny or something fancy xD but i'm sure theres more to her being a mage than her novel ^^

Yup, totally agree with you. To a certain extent, I think Lucy seems to be clueless about her mums's past, not just the pact that she made.

She always seems so sad though when she mentions her mom her face is always drawn very sad and pained, i dont think lucy know why her mum died (which is prob dragon and/or zeref) but maybe she was present and cannot understand why or knows some vague info

saya1987
May 06, 2011, 11:35 AM
just a crazy idea...what if layla and zoldeo belonged to the same guild in the past?

@Ravedragon: Yeah, I used to think that Layla would belong to a good guild but so far, no one from fairy tail and blue pegasus recognised her despite the striking resemblance between layla and lucy. There are other guilds such as lamier scale but since not much attention was given to them, I don't think she's from any of them. Secondly, I do agree Layla is a nice person but being nice doesn't mean you can't come from a dark guild. She could be a good person who unfortunately ended up working for evil forces.

So that pretty much narrows to the last remaining well-known good guild(I forgot the name), evil guild such as tartaros ( I don't think it's raven tail) or the council.

Note that Layla didn't seem to reveal her mage life entirely to Lucy...why is she so shady with her past? unless she was from a dark guild.

The only thing that I have no inkling of is her connection to the dragons(if there's any-but I'm assuming there is because it'd be such an anti-climax if everything is a coincidence.)

RaveDragon
May 06, 2011, 11:49 AM
just a crazy idea...what if layla and zoldeo belonged to the same guild in the past?

@Ravedragon: Yeah, I used to think that Layla would belong to a good guild but so far, no one from fairy tail and blue pegasus recognised her despite the striking resemblance between layla and lucy. There are other guilds such as lamier scale but since not much attention was given to them, I don't think she's from any of them. Secondly, I do agree Layla is a nice person but being nice doesn't mean you can't come from a dark guild. She could be a good person who unfortunately ended up working for evil forces.

So that pretty much narrows to the last remaining well-known good guild(I forgot the name), evil guild such as tartaros ( I don't think it's raven tail) or the council.

Note that Layla didn't seem to reveal her mage life entirely to Lucy...why is she so shady with her past? unless she was from a dark guild.

The only thing that I have no inkling of is her connection to the dragons(if there's any-but I'm assuming there is because it'd be such an anti-climax if everything is a coincidence.)

woukd explain how she met him but not why she trusted him, it clearly stated Zoldeo wasnt bad but turned greedy with power or something along those lines

it may be she was orphaned and used but a kind hearted person who ran away and such, or maybe she had a change of heart or was never truly 'evil'

it also could be that Makarov told the older members (as the younger ones dont know her for sure seeing as she left 20 years ago) to not say anything? just a guess, but Makarov seemed protective of Lucy and she was still new (phantom arc) but then again FT people seem to warm up to people fast xD

I also wanna see porylusca meeting Lucy, dont think they meet yet, might be interesting haha imagine Layla is the only human she liked and thus she likes Lucy.

there are theories that Layla wasnt human too but i doubt them, i think she was just a very powerful mage xD maybe she was the celestial/light/? dragon slayer or something explaining er connection to the dragons

would love to see a Layla chapter on her past in whatever guild she was would be rather interesting maybe when Lucy meets up the other two who gave her the keys of Aquarius and Cancer

NiggaPlz
July 05, 2012, 07:03 AM
Ok Just To clear Thing Up about layla's past

Layla Heartfilia was a Celestial Spirit Mage who worked on the merchant's guild, "Love & Lucky" (that is her guild) where she met and fell in love with Jude Heartfilia. Layla became pregnant with Lucy. Lucys Magic Involves Celestial Spirit Magic, Unison Raid, Uranometria Ush,i no Koku Mairi, so guess she dose have alot of powers and lucy seams like the strongest Celestial Spirit Mage because she can like summon like 9 spirits at a time. so LUCY IS NOT WEAK and i really dont think that layla is a dragon slayer but i do believe she is connected with them thats what i think if wrong do tell (soz if spelt anything wrong)

RaveDragon
July 05, 2012, 07:31 AM
No I'm with you, there is hope right now we might get some answers in the climax of this arc =] Personally i want chibi lucy and layla flashbacks and some layla dragons as well if she really was involved

REN KOUEN
July 05, 2012, 07:37 AM
i didnt see another thread like this so i'm gonna make it ^^

I've always been really curios about this, Mashima mentions Layla in snippets first as Lucy visits her grave the whole dieing in the smae year as the dragons and now we learn she was a mage (although it was obvious lucy had to take from someone and lets face it she's her mother's spitting image) who retired at 16?

weak person? i think not, Killer magic? possible, she's still alive and hiding? maybe, connected to the dragons? its highly likely

So what are our thoughts minna? :D

EDIT;
What we know till now;
the wikia is quite informative but i'd rather go with manga
http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Layla_Heartfilia

1-Lucy is the spitting image of her mother which might be used (again) in the story
Older Layla (here she must be in her late 20's); http://www.mangareader.net/135-7183-14/fairy-tail/chapter-68.html
Younger Layla (she must have been 16 here 29+7-20 using the chapters logic); http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/223/20

2-Lucy was definitely close to her mum the letters are a proof and the way she speaks on her etc
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7182-17/fairy-tail/chapter-67.html
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7182-18/fairy-tail/chapter-67.html

3-Layla is 'dead' and the year is suspiciously the same as the year the dragons went awol!
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7183-15/fairy-tail/chapter-68.html
(she was quite young 29 sheesh there must have been something killed most probably :/ could Lucy have forgotten due to shock?)

4-Layla was a (presumably powerful) celestial mage who owned 3 gold keys; Aquarius, Cancer and capricorn and made a pact with them and their new owners and them to protect lucy if she was to become a mage; Reason still unknown, why would Lucy need protection? Ulterior reason or because she's her child?
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/224/16

5-Met Lucy's father at love and Lucky guild where they decided on lucy's name (this is after she retired from using magic i doubt her dad knows anything but he might)
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7245-13/fairy-tail/chapter-130.html
there is definitely something special about lucy's mom, i assume it will be revealed in the next arc, or maybe late in this one, i would not doubt a connection to both dragons and zeref, hopefully this doesnt signify the beginning of the end for the story, with a few of the big 3 closing in on the end we need another long amazing manga to fill the void, in my opinion FT has potential to be one of the legendary manga of all time

RaveDragon
July 05, 2012, 07:42 AM
there is definitely something special about lucy's mom, i assume it will be revealed in the next arc, or maybe late in this one, i would not doubt a connection to both dragons and zeref, hopefully this doesnt signify the beginning of the end for the story, with a few of the big 3 closing in on the end we need another long amazing manga to fill the void, in my opinion FT has potential to be one of the legendary manga of all time

I always assumed fairy tail would start closing when Lucy got all the golden keys and then after her arc we would start delving thanks to her and her mother into the dragon arc xD they had mentioned a dragon kings festival or something so i wonder if its soon (i presume dragons like exceeds have a different grasp of time than humans). I know with naruto and bleach closing and one piece on its last sea =/ but we know mashima, he has foreshadowed layla since the phantom arc and only recently brought her back so i think we have a long way to go.

REN KOUEN
July 05, 2012, 08:11 AM
I always assumed fairy tail would start closing when Lucy got all the golden keys and then after her arc we would start delving thanks to her and her mother into the dragon arc xD they had mentioned a dragon kings festival or something so i wonder if its soon (i presume dragons like exceeds have a different grasp of time than humans). I know with naruto and bleach closing and one piece on its last sea =/ but we know mashima, he has foreshadowed layla since the phantom arc and only recently brought her back so i think we have a long way to go.

yea i pray that we do, the good thing about mashima is he seems to be good at generating new enemies, so perhaps we either havent built up to the dragon arc yet (which seems like it almost HAS to be the final arc how can there be a stronger foe than a dragon???) i could see this manga approaching 450, maybe 500 chapters, if we are lucky, which is VERY long for most manga's even though it wouldnt be as long as one piece or naruto, it would still be a well above average epic manga

i think we will see lucy with all 12 zodiac keys soon, which brings up another thought, i know they were talking about some powerful spirit from the celestial realm, it almost seems like there could or should be a whole separate arc in the celestial realm similar to the edolas arc, where lucy leads the team to fight against some ancient celestial evil , in the celestial realm, so perhaps we will have a "lucy/celestial" arc and a dragon arc still to come i would also like to see a magic council arc, where the current magic council is actually the enemy and must be defeated

Zasz
April 07, 2013, 06:45 AM
I'm quite surprised that there wasn't a topic dedicated to her. XD
Anyway the title says it all: who is she in reality?
I think that's the right question we should make to ourselves and that's because she seems to be a very important character for the story.
In fact we had in almost every arc, pieces of infomation about her, some of which really are interesting; for example, she "died" the same year in which dragons seemingly disappeared without leaving trace and she had knowledge of the One Magic.
All those facts will lead to a major plotwist or are just coincidences? Let's discuss! :)

Chris38
April 07, 2013, 09:39 AM
^

Personally, I think that there is going to be quite a major plot twist related to Layla, the dragons disappearance ... and Lucy.

I also think that it's something that we will learn about, pretty soon, considering the events of the latest chapter.

Zasz
April 07, 2013, 11:33 AM
^

Personally, I think that there is going to be quite a major plot twist related to Layla, the dragons disappearance ... and Lucy.

I also think that it's something that we will learn about, pretty soon, considering the events of the latest chapter.

We seem to think the same way. :D

P.S: I want to apologize with the mod; I really didn't see that there was already a thread about her. :(

ghostexiled
April 07, 2013, 11:50 AM
when in doubt... always check the archives. :p

REN KOUEN
April 12, 2013, 11:26 AM
the more i think about this now, the more likely it seems that lucys mom DID play some type of role with the dragons, the celestial beings could have been used to help seal or fight off the dragons, or something like that in the past

Zasz
April 12, 2013, 02:27 PM
the more i think about this now, the more likely it seems that lucys mom DID play some type of role with the dragons, the celestial beings could have been used to help seal or fight off the dragons, or something like that in the past

Even her date of death is suspicious.
The same one in which all dragons disappeared; that's too much of a coincidence in my opinion.

Newkerzy
May 31, 2013, 06:08 AM
I just thought of something while reading the recent Bleach chapters: what if Layla fell into a coma after (somehow) bringing the DS to the present?? this would explain why Lucy didn't seem to have any sort of reaction when Wendy told her the dragons "disappeared" on July 7th X777. She wouldn't remember the day her mother collapsed since she was still little, but she would definitely remember the anniversary of her death.