PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 233 Discussion

3c
April 26, 2011, 07:36 AM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69473) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

hyugasosby
May 09, 2011, 05:19 AM
Verification:Confirmed
Source: Fairytail.17dm.com
Credits: Fairytail.17dm

http://mangahead.com/mangas/Manga-Raw-Scan/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail-233-Raw-Scan/02.jpg
http://mangahead.com/mangas/Manga-Raw-Scan/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail-233-Raw-Scan/03.jpg
http://mangahead.com/mangas/Manga-Raw-Scan/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail-233-Raw-Scan/01.jpg

ghostexiled
May 09, 2011, 05:30 AM
Well looks like I hit it on the nose...

Cana shows up and handles herself till Daddy Gildartz shows up to save the day. :)

Although it looks as if G-man took a pretty decent hit protecting his daughter...

sarutobi_sensei
May 09, 2011, 05:33 AM
Hehe, I sooooo knew it! He does appear to save his daughter! Like I said before, I'm certain he knows she's his daughter, but he never had the courage to tell her because he didn't know how she'd react.

Damn, 2 of the strongest are going to fight! Gogogogo!

This means that Laxus, Freed and Bixlow could be also on the island :D I wonder who'll fight Rustyrose and UrTear, cause Gray can't defeat her alone, of that I'm near certain.

Razh
May 09, 2011, 05:38 AM
Gildartz, Fried and Bixlow were on a ship and they probably saw a warning flare. As far as Luxus is concerned, I don't see how you expect him to be on the island as well. He was last shown in some desert which, I can only imagine, is pretty far away. He just had a feeling, certainly nothing specific to make him want to go straight to Tenrou as soon as possible.

Sollum
May 09, 2011, 05:50 AM
...He just had a feeling, certainly nothing specific to make him want to go straight to Tenrou as soon as possible.

Well, according to how probability and statistics work in Manga, i dare to say he guessed that:

FT is in trouble.
Grandpa is in trouble.
Fairy Isle is land of war now.
Grimmoire Hearth is attacking FT.

P.S. I prefer Bixlow and Fried fighting, rather than Goku saving Gohan from Frieza Guildartz fighting Bluenote >.>

sarutobi_sensei
May 09, 2011, 05:57 AM
Gildartz, Fried and Bixlow were on a ship and they probably saw a warning flare. As far as Luxus is concerned, I don't see how you expect him to be on the island as well. He was last shown in some desert which, I can only imagine, is pretty far away. He just had a feeling, certainly nothing specific to make him want to go straight to Tenrou as soon as possible.

Well, he did get a feeling that something was wrong when Makarov was nearly dead from Hades. I wonder if Mashima changed his mind about Makarov dying.

Anyway, I have a feeling that he'll appear in the final battle of the island to see what happened.

Well, according to how probability and statistics work in Manga, i dare to say he guessed that:

FT is in trouble.
Grandpa is in trouble.

P.S. I prefer Bixlow and Fried fighting, rather than Goku saving Gohan from Frieza Guildartz fighting Bluenote >.>
Lol @ Goku fighting Frieza xD

ca12nag3
May 09, 2011, 05:58 AM

FT is in trouble.
Grandpa is in trouble.

I do think that the boat group turned around from the flare or at least the exploding coucil ship. Both were visible enough.

As for the Gildartz saving Cana well its obvious now that he does. The Goku saving Gohan from Frieza is a device that still works these days dont forget DB is like the bible for most mangaka.

theory
I dunno if he knows she is his daughter yet but i asume he does, or else it gets kinda awkward. Im asuming due to his failure as a father in her early life hes ashamed to come to her. But that he always watched her from the shadows.

ghostexiled
May 09, 2011, 07:22 AM
I personally think that Gildartz (and company?) got back to the island thanks to Mest...

Sure the idea of them seeing the mess going on the island is %100 acceptable, I just think that Mest felt he had a "duty" to perform after Natsu gave him his "crap or get off the pot!" speech.

Mest has all the means to do so...

He has the communicator orb and he can teleport to Gildartz and bring him back via teleportation.
[hr]
This battle between Gildartz and Bluenote should be very interesting...

Since I am betting the 2 of them have history with each other. You don't become the 2 biggest mages around and not have a couple of run-ins with each other.

EDIT: Mangastream has annouced that the chapter will be out later today.

Newkerzy
May 09, 2011, 07:23 AM
If Gildartz knows Cana is his daughter, then I expect a fully-pissed off Gildartz in the next chapter (Papa Wolf (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PapaWolf) trope). A fully-pissed off Gildartz would be one of the most epic moments in FT history. It'd be on par with Haru of Rave always going batshit insane for Elie.

tobeulp
May 09, 2011, 08:01 AM
As predicted by many Gildartz will save Cana... Gildartz got a huge handicap so him owning Bluenote I would say that he is much stronger than Makarov now...
And if Gildartz is that strong how strong do enemies are if the Dragon Arc comes... Natsu and friends most probably be one shot by them...

I would like to see the angry epic face of Gildartz because Mashima is one of the best portraying angry or pissed off face..

saya1987
May 09, 2011, 08:03 AM
I second ghostexiled's opinion that they had some run-ins with each other at some point in time. Gildarts v Bluenote would be an exciting match but Gildarts lost a leg and bluenote's magic seems to be those of long distance magic which could be a disadvantage to Gildarts.

Anyway, I wonder what will happen to the rest of the natsu' group while Gildarts fights with Bluenote. As for Fred and Bixslow, if they're appearing, I think they should be helping out Lisanna since she's depending on natsu.

Personally, I'm glad that Gildarts was the one chosen to fight with Bluenote. Fred and Bixslow fighting him would just be a waste of manga space. Bluenote would totally defeat them.

RaveDragon
May 09, 2011, 09:26 AM
I have a wierd feeling Gildartz rather stayed on the island comically like he fell asleep or something and finally woke up xD lolz or as ghostexiled said its Mest tuning over a new leaf and helping out, it would work well for them if Mest is on thier side, he could help them later on with the council stuff ^^

seems to be an epic battle, no spoiler of Fairy glitter wonder if she used it, unless it calls the person you need the most in your aid in Cana's case it is Gildartz :/

Someone seems to have said something that caught Lucy's attention in the 3rd pic middle row right panel maybe Cana apologizing? she looks surprised

Also Gil's face seems to be epic i hope mashima drawed him clear not shaded only seems to be really angry cant wait to see it!

Krono
May 09, 2011, 10:35 AM
Someone seems to have said something that caught Lucy's attention in the 3rd pic middle row right panel maybe Cana apologizing? she looks surprised

Yeah, it looks like Cana is doing some apologizing to Lucy there.

Ero-Sanji
May 09, 2011, 10:42 AM
Great!

This could save the would be awkward scene were very exasted and fairly weak mages defeated a top mage with lots of fuel left. I really hope that Bixlow beats the crap out of Rustyrose while Fried makes it impossible for Urtear to fight again or anymore.

Anyway, as many assumed Gildartz made it back again and saved the day or at least her daughter. I still wonder what that Fairy Glitter thing is? Perhaps it will revive and pump Makarov up?

Baka_Sousui
May 09, 2011, 10:43 AM
I have a wierd feeling Gildartz rather stayed on the island comically like he fell asleep or something and finally woke up xD lolz or as ghostexiled said its Mest tuning over a new leaf and helping out, it would work well for them if Mest is on thier side, he could help them later on with the council stuff ^^

seems to be an epic battle, no spoiler of Fairy glitter wonder if she used it, unless it calls the person you need the most in your aid in Cana's case it is Gildartz :/

Also Gil's face seems to be epic i hope mashima drawed him clear not shaded only seems to be really angry cant wait to see it!

I'd say that is more the realisation that Cana had aquired fairy glitter.
Edit: You can clearly see there is a focus on her new tattoo representing Fairy Glitter before Bluenote says something and the others have a reaction to it.

1337 haxor
May 09, 2011, 10:49 AM
Great chapter exept my dog died today and I am too depressed to enjoy it.

This is arguably the ending fight of this arc, with Makarov down I can't see anybody facing Hades and there is no one stronger than Bluenote besides him in GH.

In my humble opinion Makarov will die from his injuries and illness in due time but to me it seems Mashima took the dying bed approach.

After FT returns home Porlyusica will diagnose that he has a short amount of time left and FT will need a new guild master.

Makarov's last wish will be to see his grandson and maybe his own son at least one more time before passing and that will set the premises for next arc.

meepers4982
May 09, 2011, 10:51 AM
this chapter seems really interesting i cant wait to read it :) I think gildartz does know cana is his daughter but doesnt want to tell her for the same reasons she wont tell him. I cant wait to see gildartz fight blue note, this will be a good lesson for natsu. Im also curious if bixlow and fried came back as well (probably did) and are probably fighting rusty rose or interupting ultear.

Edit:
@1337 haxor, im really sorry about your dog :(

Krono
May 09, 2011, 11:05 AM
I'd say that is more the realisation that Cana had aquired fairy glitter.
Edit: You can clearly see there is a focus on her new tattoo representing Fairy Glitter before Bluenote says something and the others have a reaction to it.

Actually, Blue Note and Charle are reacting to something about Fairy Glitter, but Cana's speech in the panel with Lucy definitely involves her addressing Lucy and using a couple of "sorry"s.

•Sasuke•
May 09, 2011, 11:35 AM
full ch scan

watch online here (http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=15374954&p=317450392)

Sollum
May 09, 2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the Scans!

Cana, my dear, you suck even with FGlitter... At least Gohan wasn't spamming KAMEHAME! all the time trying to hit Cell >.>

So i guess... Fairy Tail won this arc?

P.S. And hey, i don't hate anything! Show me Bixlow, Fried, Evergreen, Mirajane, Lisana, Elfman in action and i will be mega happy!

sarutobi_sensei
May 09, 2011, 11:54 AM
Oh my gawd Cana was actually making some progress towards Bluenote and then she's almost defeated.

Here we were thinking that Guildartz took a hit for her and it happens he sent Bluenote flying and he is totally pissed!

He's going to completely and utterly destroy Bluenote for what he did to his comrades and mostly his daughter :D
[hr]
@Sollum
Don't forget that there is still Hades, Urtear and Zeref to be dealt with. Sure taking out Bluenote is going to be a big blow to Hades, but Hades is still @ 100%. Zeref will probably awake @ Grimmoire heart's side, because of them having the keys to his awakening, so FT will still take a heavy blow.

They can win this battle, but they will probably lose Makarov (strategically, it's a heavy blow to take out the master).

RaveDragon
May 09, 2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks at both Krono and Baka_sousui since i dont read japanese and know only very little words i didnt understand any of what was said and had to rely on what i saw in the pic,

Sorry to hear about your dog 1337 haxor, i agree with you, i dont see Makarov surviving as Master, dont know if he'll die since he survived hades but it made sense for it to be the new arc 'The New master' arc sounds fun haha but it seems that we will have more focus on Zeref now though

I wonder if bluenote will say anything about him im so curious, wish i could understand what they are saying :/ seems fairy glitter failed...

Hoozah for epic Gildartz face!!! yes that was such a cool angry face!

sarutobi_sensei
May 09, 2011, 12:19 PM
1337 haxor - I'm sorry to hear about your pet... it's always bad when our beloved pets die.

saya1987
May 09, 2011, 12:34 PM
okay, just a rough translation of the whole chapter. Cana couldn't use the spell to the full extent because she doesn't have the power to do so. Bluenote mocked Cana's abilities and said that he could obtain the spell just by killing her.

On a sidenote, there's an interesting part relating to lucy!
Bluenote: all types of magic came from the same, one and only source
Lucy: the one source of magic?
Lucy: This matter...I've heard it before somewhere in the past.

The above dialogue is just a rough translation so it may not be as accurate as I want it to be due to the phrasing. However, the sentence in bold was what Lucy thought exactly.

On a personal note, I think that was an interesting point because it's related to Lucy's past. Then again,it could just be my wishful thinking- it may not have any significance to Lucy's past- it could just bascially mean that she heard it before?

ca12nag3
May 09, 2011, 12:41 PM
About Lucy
Interesting enough possibly has to do with her mother but with most of this plotline it stretches out across arcs and we only get fragments at a time, same goes for the dragonplotline. Possibly both are connected tho.

RaveDragon
May 09, 2011, 12:55 PM
I agree with both Saya1987 and Ca12nag3
If what Lucy said is important which it probably is knowing Mashima he's playing with us we will soon know what imp role Lucy has to play in this arc which seems to be now bordering to the end :/

if not related to her mum maybe she heard something in that year before she joined fairy tail from the two who gave her cancer and Aquarius but since her mum made a reappearance in this arc i think it is related to her mum then again it might be nothing at all...i hope not, i want more Layla/dragons/Zeref!

I need the translation soon! 2 weeks deprived of FT makes me go nuts it my reward from work and stuff ><

Marche
May 09, 2011, 01:02 PM
I have seen the scans.
Awesome.
I was sure that Fairy Glitter would have failed, and that Gildzarts would came back.
After the failure, Cana was scary, I hope that after the fight Gildzarts will say to her the same words to Natsu (have scary is not a bad thing, you are worthy to became S class mage).
Anyways, someone who know the japanese can say me the title for the next chapter???'
Thanks.

LoS
May 09, 2011, 01:10 PM
None of this comes as any surprise, the pics and brief translation included. One of the first things Hades revealed to Makarov was he went on a journey for the origin of magic and obtained knowledge along the way. He has plans to use Zeref, who is connected to the Dragons, who are connected to Layla(lucy's mom)... It isn't very far fetched.

@Sarutobi:
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Mashona has been making it obvious that Fairy Tail will win the battle, but not necessarily win the war. As of late he has been making it feel as if Grim Heart will fall failing in one goal which was to destroy Fairy Tail, but Hades will potentially make way with Zeref, which was his primary goal.

It helps set up the plot and gives a big reveal once he leaves the island or once Makarov spills the beans just before passing away.

sarutobi_sensei
May 09, 2011, 01:21 PM
I never said that they'd defeat Grimmoire Heart now. I said that they can win this battle, but will still take losses. There is still Hades, Zeref and UrTear to be defeated.

Asuma and Rustyrose will be defeated soon enough, same with Bluenote, but there are still big shots in for battle.

LoS
May 09, 2011, 01:36 PM
Exactly, I said don't get your hopes up, because this arc is not meant for Hades and Urtear to be defeated. Don't expect it to happen.

ca12nag3
May 09, 2011, 02:11 PM
What i suspect is that Gildartz will put up a great fight, but in the end his wounds from the black dragon will kick in and he will start losing. Possibly Natsu will mention it. Then Cana will go beserk and kick the shit out of Blue.
Nobody is going to kill my daddy thing. Well thats my theory on this.

As for the defeat of GH it will not happen. Those still alive will retreat to Hades and theyll most likely leave the island, Blue possibly captured by the council and sent to jail. And Fairy tail is left with the repairbill.

I also suspect Gray to go with Ultear, but thats a wild guess but seems likely.

diavolo
May 09, 2011, 02:25 PM
the injuries should be healed long ago so no problem there he will utterly defeat him and that is logical to me after all he is GILDARTZ the man who took the 100year mission was on it for 3 whole years and the only person ever to come back alive also he survived an encounter with a dragon he is the second after Macarov and.... and...
basically FT is not so weak...:-_-

RaveDragon
May 09, 2011, 02:39 PM
the repairbill to Fairy Tail is most likely to kill makarov poor Master xD that is sure to happen lol

Gray going with Ultear would be so cool, and its presumable he might be a spy for FT faking his betrayal which would be so awesomeness of Gray :D

We knew FT is not weak i mean in the phantom arc jose mentioned how he was jealous of FT rising fame no? and they became the second (now only) official guild representing the country >< we shouldnt underestimate FT, i wonder what will happen to the rest of the kin, meldy will follow Ul but if they leave her ther will she join FT cuz there sure to go after GH? the rest jail? or run away? meh who knows (except Mashima)

Zeref has to be awakened so there could be his arc after this, Zeref vs Natsu? and then some Natsu info since Z knows him :/ but that i guess will come later when ft would end i think unless they do it just before than an awesome last arc sort of what he did with elie he will probably do with Natsu or layla

sarutobi_sensei
May 09, 2011, 02:45 PM
Exactly, I said don't get your hopes up, because this arc is not meant for Hades and Urtear to be defeated. Don't expect it to happen.

I'm not expecting it to happen. I never did anyway. The only way for that to happen is have Erza, Mira, Guildartz, Laxus, Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy combined to fight against Hades. And even then, they'd probably lose due to Grimmoire Law.

Which, I kinda think was a bluff xD

Anyway, it's not happening now.

What i suspect is that Gildartz will put up a great fight, but in the end his wounds from the black dragon will kick in and he will start losing. Possibly Natsu will mention it. Then Cana will go beserk and kick the shit out of Blue.
Nobody is going to kill my daddy thing. Well thats my theory on this.

As for the defeat of GH it will not happen. Those still alive will retreat to Hades and theyll most likely leave the island, Blue possibly captured by the council and sent to jail. And Fairy tail is left with the repairbill.

I also suspect Gray to go with Ultear, but thats a wild guess but seems likely.

Hmm, could happen, but I wouldn't like it. Guildartz has to fight and end the fight, but he won't even be fighting @ 100%.

Gray going with UrTear would be odd, betraying his guild for his master's daughter? Nah, I can't see it happening.

But if it does, I want to see Gray vs Juvia v2, Juvia showing what's she's worth and defeating gray to make him come to his senses.

Anyway, if UrTear is telling the truth, she won't attack him and will instead join FT. But I'm really not counting on that. It has a 0.001% chance of happening.

the injuries should be healed long ago so no problem there he will utterly defeat him and that is logical to me after all he is GILDARTZ the man who took the 100year mission was on it for 3 whole years and the only person ever to come back alive also he survived an encounter with a dragon he is the second after Macarov and.... and...
basically FT is not so weak...:-_-
No, they probably haven't. He hasn't had that much time to recover, when he told Natsu that he had fought a dragon, he still had the bandages covering most of his body. Heck, the guy lost a leg and part of his internal organs. He'd need Poliusca to heal him and I'm not seeing that happening.

Speaking of witch (get the pun xD) I wonder what the deal with her is.

RaveDragon
May 09, 2011, 02:57 PM
I'm not expecting it to happen. I never did anyway. The only way for that to happen is have Erza, Mira, Guildartz, Laxus, Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy combined to fight against Hades. And even then, they'd probably lose due to Grimmoire Law.

Which, I kinda think was a bluff xD

Anyway, it's not happening now.

Hmm, could happen, but I wouldn't like it. Guildartz has to fight and end the fight, but he won't even be fighting @ 100%.

Gray going with UrTear would be odd, betraying his guild for his master's daughter? Nah, I can't see it happening.

But if it does, I want to see Gray vs Juvia v2, Juvia showing what's she's worth and defeating gray to make him come to his senses.

Anyway, if UrTear is telling the truth, she won't attack him and will instead join FT. But I'm really not counting on that. It has a 0.001% chance of happening.

No, they probably haven't. He hasn't had that much time to recover, when he told Natsu that he had fought a dragon, he still had the bandages covering most of his body. Heck, the guy lost a leg and part of his internal organs. He'd need Poliusca to heal him and I'm not seeing that happening.

Speaking of witch (get the pun xD) I wonder what the deal with her is.

theres more chance of Gray going with ultear, she's too obsessed with the Z-man lolz

Nice pun xD Poryluca is really scary i wonder if she'll meet someone she will actually like haha maybe Lucy still havent met her yet i think lol that would be funny imagine porylusca acting nice O.O i wonder whats her story too ^^

Gil also took a bad hit to protect cana so he is actually worse off, and his fight with natsu musnt have helped even though he won easily it could have taken a toll on him due to those wounds, we also might get to know if the balck dragon is Zeref's mentor he might mentin something the dragon said to natsu now that he's here

sarutobi_sensei
May 09, 2011, 03:49 PM
theres more chance of Gray going with ultear, she's too obsessed with the Z-man lolz

Nice pun xD Poryluca is really scary i wonder if she'll meet someone she will actually like haha maybe Lucy still havent met her yet i think lol that would be funny imagine porylusca acting nice O.O i wonder whats her story too ^^

Gil also took a bad hit to protect cana so he is actually worse off, and his fight with natsu musnt have helped even though he won easily it could have taken a toll on him due to those wounds, we also might get to know if the balck dragon is Zeref's mentor he might mentin something the dragon said to natsu now that he's here

Who cares if she's obsessed with Zeref or not, Gray will feel like he owes her because of her mother. I know that it doesn't make much sense, but he'll feel that he needs to accompany her or something.

I'm not sure if Lucy has met her yet, but I think she did when Makarov was injured during the Phantom fight. That or with Laxus, but if she hasn't, it'll be interesting. Wendy hasn't also met her. And she's one of the most intriguing character until now. She knows stuff, she even made a prophecy about 3 dragon slayers joining FT but what else was in that prophecy.

I don't think he got that much fatigued when fighting Natsu, sure he used some energy, but it was mostly for show.

Did he take a hit protecting Cana? I didn't see that, all I saw was him appearing in front of her, blasting Bluenote away.

Well if Zeref truly awakes, he won't tell anything to Natsu. He won't risk his defeat by telling Natsu information. Unless he becomes cocky and decides to tell the story right now.

And I kinda hope he does.

ca12nag3
May 09, 2011, 04:01 PM
I seriously dont see Gildartz win, mainly cause i think those lost limbs and organ will have weakend him like it or not. He cant make any flashy moves with a fake legg seriously.

And even if he magicaly replaces limbs it eats up magic power to do so, like it or not he aint the warrior he was before he went head to head with that black dragon. I do see great significance in his injuries, not just to show how strong the dragon realy is but also how it will have taken its toll on his body.

Also only Natsu knows the injuries and was shocked, imagin Cana finding it out in the next or followup chapter.

sarutobi_sensei
May 09, 2011, 04:12 PM
I seriously dont see Gildartz win, mainly cause i think those lost limbs and organ will have weakend him like it or not. He cant make any flashy moves with a fake legg seriously.

And even if he magicaly replaces limbs it eats up magic power to do so, like it or not he aint the warrior he was before he went head to head with that black dragon. I do see great significance in his injuries, not just to show how strong the dragon realy is but also how it will have taken its toll on his body.

Also only Natsu knows the injuries and was shocked, imagin Cana finding it out in the next or followup chapter.

I just can't imagine him loosing right now. He is pissed of, he is angered that they hurt his comrades and especially, almost killing his daughter. If he loses easily, it'll be a let down. I can seem him getting defeated after a fierce clash with Bluenote, then his injures intervene and just when he's about to be killed, Cana interrupts and saves him defeating Bluenote for good. That's the only way I see him loosing this battle.

Sure his wounds have great significance, but he is far from weak even with all his current handicap. If he goes to Poliusca, he'll probably get the leg he is missing maybe even the arm, and he'll be @ 80% again. He'll never be @ 100% again unless Wendy somehow learns how to rebuild lost organs and limbs... which I doubt.

wooticus
May 09, 2011, 04:27 PM
well do some of you really think gildartz will lose against bluenote?

bluenote's only goal seems to obtain fairy glitter, that's just a little plot reason so he can have a goal on the island. but it has no future.. the main story is about zeref not about an ugly guy running around with an uber-magic spell.

moreover we know bluenote for about.. 6-7 chapters now.. gildartz has been hyped for a long time and in several ways.. and now he is totally pissed about.. probably everything.

any thoughts about fairy glitter? a bit disappointing that it's nothing but pure destruction (well it was supposed to happen that cana might not be to good handling the skill as she used it the first time)
[hr]

I just can't imagine him loosing right now. He is pissed of, he is angered that they hurt his comrades and especially, almost killing his daughter. If he loses easily, it'll be a let down. I can seem him getting defeated after a fierce clash with Bluenote, then his injures intervene and just when he's about to be killed, Cana interrupts and saves him defeating Bluenote for good. That's the only way I see him loosing this battle.

Sure his wounds have great significance, but he is far from weak even with all his current handicap. If he goes to Poliusca, he'll probably get the leg he is missing maybe even the arm, and he'll be @ 80% again. He'll never be @ 100% again unless Wendy somehow learns how to rebuild lost organs and limbs... which I doubt.

imho he might already have gone to poliusca and she replaced his limbs.

ca12nag3
May 09, 2011, 04:54 PM

Im not saying Gildartz is weak im jsut saying that Bluenote is as strong as he is, and without Gildartz in perfect condition he will lose. Im not saying he will be utterly defeated and owned, im saying we get an epic fight where Bluenote will expose Gildartz weakness and exploit it. Then we get a beserk Cana defending her father.
Its like 1+1=2. Im not asking if people like it or not its just what i theoreticaly think will be the next steps to come.

diavolo
May 09, 2011, 05:27 PM
Excuse me for my stubornes but why do you think that he is injured and he will lose and blah blah... He will give an epic battle with the commander of GH and after a serious battle he is going to win Gildartz is the person second only to Makarov.
He had injuries after the battle with the Black Dragon almost 2 arcs ago if i remember correctly so he should be healed (by the witch i guess). Besides even if he is an artficial hand leg organs handicaped I think that Masima is reserving him to lose at an even greater stage if not keeping him undefeated in the whole manga...

NAM61
May 09, 2011, 05:39 PM
this is gonna be gildartz first true battle we see in the manag i doubt he will lose. and maybe natsu will go and try and save lisasana since she is in trouble. he will go because gildartz will probably tell natsu and lucy to take msksrov to a safe place. also we will probably see how Zeref knows natsu maybe he knew him before he met igneel or during his time with him.

Zoro #1
May 09, 2011, 06:02 PM
After getting one of the three legendary magic Cana still got her butt kicked.
Finally we gonna see the power of Gildartz. :D

ca12nag3
May 09, 2011, 06:08 PM
You guys are acting as if Gildartz is going to steamroll the entire island and plant his flag on top for victory, i dont believe that.
Never before has a S class won easy and a certain amount are loss. (due to certain situations ok but still).

This story isnt about Gildartz or Cana so it would serve the main plot no purpose if a sidecharacter starts to own all the baddies.

It can go either way,

-Gildartz owns Bluenote in wich case Cana and her glittershow are utterly useless and shes still to weak to even concider being a Sclass and will always need daddys or other peoples help to win anything.

or

-Gildartz puts up a good fight and shows that he would risk his life (almost) to protect the guild and ofc his daughter. After wich either Cana or both of them together defeat Bluenote.

I personaly believe the 2nd serves the plot more then the first.

kkck
May 09, 2011, 06:17 PM
Wow, this battle is really going to be epic. Gravity vs obliteration...

Seeing the chapter it seems that bluenote not only uses gravity to increase the weight of things but also to take away the weight considering we see cana floating. Having area with 0 gravity and then increasing it to absurd levels is bound to be an insane combo. In turn the 0 gravity part would also mean bluenote is perhaps capable of a form of flying or at least a form of super speed.

The complicated part in this fight is that gravity as a whole is unavoidable. Basically gildarts will be forced to fight with several times his normal bodyweight and impaired speed one way or the other. In that sense, he simply will have to tank through that and use his crush magic to the best of his ability. Lets see if gildarts magic can be blocked lol.

ca12nag3
May 09, 2011, 06:26 PM
Also rather touching she calls him Chichi in her mind, clearly loves him a lot. Like the touch Mashima gives to it.

父...父親

1337 haxor
May 09, 2011, 10:15 PM
I have a pretty nice vision of what will unfold.

First things will shift towards Rustyrose vs Fried and Bixlow and/or Azuma vs Erza.

Expect things to be short and blunt, they (FT) will defeat their enemies.

Back to the main fight, Gildartz will pawn hard but as some people mentioned his wounds will give Bluenote an advantage.

However, this will not mean he will lose.

Gildartz will bring Bluenote into a deadlock and through some motivational anime words (maybe he reveals he knows the truth and believes her) will awake Cana's true potential and she will unleash Fairy Glitter upon Bluenote.

Bluenote will be defeated and Gildartz and Cana will finally have their family conciliation.

However, the mindblowing part comes afterwards.

After Fairy Tail wins against Grimmoire Heart Hades disband his guild and announces that his objectives have been accomplished.

We then shockingly discover that Gray sided with Ultear after she revealed the truth concerning Ur and that both had took Zeref to Grimmoire Heart's ship.

The betrayal leave the battered FT mages unable to take action against Hades as he departs with Ultear, Gray and Zeref.

Juvia and Meredy seeing Ultear running away with Gray have the ubermost WTF rage face in manga history.

With the battle over council deems FT a dark guild and prepares to fire etherion to wipe out the remaining mages on the island.

In this wacko post war scenario Doranbalt manages to port away with FT and a couple GH members who will later join the guild (my bets are on Meredy and Azuma).

Now labeled as a dark guild, with Gray misteriously changing to the villain's side and Makarov dying slowly in their hands the remaining guild members and newcomers will have to reorganize themselves, find Laxus to replace Makarov and probably face of against Raven Tail along the way.

Not bad a scenario for how to end things epic and set way for another epic struggle.

kkck
May 09, 2011, 10:21 PM
I have my doubts about gildart's wounds being a factor. Why would they? Do we have any reason to believe he is not fully healed?

ghostexiled
May 09, 2011, 10:58 PM
chapter is out: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/64910954/1

Ero-Sanji
May 09, 2011, 11:16 PM
There isn't much to ad after reading it through but one thing that got me thinking is how much wisdom and knowledge that Lucy actually possesses. Where did she get it from? Something tells me Mashima will draw some twisted time and dual personality thing again, good.

Anyway, gravity vs disintegration is bound to be a hell of a fight. I'm curious to see how this fight actually will go on.

About the next chapter: "the boy who stares at the sea" sounds like a flashback. Perhaps we'll dig into Gildartz past?

BlackHair
May 09, 2011, 11:16 PM
Excellent chapter, way better than my own prediction. I thought this weeks chapter would be again about about Cana (her issues) as she would running towards Lucy, and I expected the chapter to end either with Cana arriving or launching Fairy Glitter on Bluenote. However and Im rly glad about that, I was off. Giladartz arriving was badass. Can't say anything beside that at this point, since Im pumped up. Looking forward to a epic fight.

Hopefully Mashima won't make a scene change to some other group, like Bixlow and Fried. Honestly I see this coming, but still hoping Im off.

There isn't much to ad after reading it through but one thing that got me thinking is how much wisdom and knowledge that Lucy actually possesses. Where did she get it from? Something tells me Mashima will draw some twisted time and dual personality thing again, good.She was saying sth about a past story she heard. Most likely from her mother. Just a wild guess of mine at this point.

kkck
May 09, 2011, 11:31 PM
Loved the chapter. I was a bit surprised cana could not use fairy glitter honestly though. What was the point of her getting the magic to begin with? Perhaps it will indeed play a part later on, I doubt fairy glitter would go to waste.

The part I found interesting was the bit about being attuned to magic and the original spell. Lucy knowing something about that is also interesting. It'd be interesting if she heard the story from her mother, that would perhaps mean she was in some form related or at least knowledgeable about the stuff that grimmoire heart is all about.

The being attuned to magic part is also relevant because it seems like the key to hades's power. I am guessing it is related to the concept of the essence of magic which hades talked about. The whole thing is vague at best considering it has not been explained however the inherent ability to use any magic for the sole reason of being attuned to the flow of magic would perfectly explain how hades was seemingly able to use such seemingly complicated and powerful spells in such a fashion. Of course, it also adds to the sheer amount of power hades should have. Considering hades said he swims with magic freely I would think he is pretty much attuned to this flow. Wonder if hades can use the magic of other grimmoire heart members at will. Him use zancrow's, azuma's or ur's magic would be brutal to say the least.

Now, based on what was I wonder how exactly makarov and luxus are able to use fairy law. It is an unfathomably complex spell as it is related to fairy glitter and has such a hax sheer amount of power so I wonder if the spell requires certain attunement to the flow of magic bluenote spoke off. Perhaps the magic itself is related to the original spell he spoke off.

Also, I guess lost magic is very close to this original spell he spoke off. Perhaps that is why lost magic users are able to use their magic so freely in spite of the supposed consequences it carries. Even if we think about it, most of the seven kin were actually defeated by some form of lost magic. Zancrow was defeated by a combination of his own and natsu's magic. Caprico vanished due to his own magic apparently. Kain hiraku was defeated by a combination of his own magic with natsu's. Meldy was not technically defeated in battle....

a_cushin
May 09, 2011, 11:50 PM
With Gildartz arriving, the battle with Blue Note is going to be EPIC. But I have a feeling that the one who will eventually die after the battle is Gildartz or both of him with Blue Note. Then everyone will cry..:(

bittman
May 10, 2011, 12:01 AM
You know, I predicted Gildhartz vs Hades well before Bluenote ever showed his ugly face. Can I still bet on that prediction?

Well, I think it largely depends on how Mashima takes the Bluenote vs Gildhartz fight. Bluenote seems too powerful for Gildhartz to trump so easily that he can then also take out Hades, but at the same time it is Gildhartz.

I'm not sure how the focus of the battles will shift. I feel Rustyrose, Asuma and Ultear aren't in scenarios where we are currently missing out on big things, so I imagine Mashima will keep the focus strong on Bluenote vs Gildhartz for a chapter of awesome "oh no he didn't!" style action. Can't imagine the fight lasting beyond the one chapter to be honest, unless Bluenote is the big villain of this arc (which he wouldn't be).

Anywho, epic entrance. Gildhartz's angry face can also be used as circumstantial evidence that he might already know Cana is his daughter. Look at how pissed he is, that's not just some "Oh man, you been wrecking some noobs" face. That's Natsu-level pissed, and I don't know another level beyond that in Fairy Tail.

EDIT: Also, Fried + Bixlow vs Rustyrose. Erza beats Asuma. Gray beats Ultear. Everything looks pretty clear Hades notwithstanding. Of course, still the chance that GH leave after Bluenote inevitably loses.

LoS
May 10, 2011, 12:05 AM
Literally the only thing I found interesting or enlightening from this chapter(oh wait, if I phrase it this way tons of members will tell me to stop reading this story... I don't care) was that someone skilled enough can kill another mage and steal their magic.

Sort of like a parasitic user able to acquire all types of magic they come across.

The last few pages of Gildartz were good, but the rest were meh to me, Bluenote was always going to overpower that group, it was just more artwork of strong magic. That said, this coming fight promises to be an absolutely must read.

I am however absolutely clueless as to next chapter's title. I don't think it has something to do with magic, but rather something personal...

shuha27
May 10, 2011, 12:08 AM
Chapter was pretty epic! Can't wait to see Gildartz and Blutenote fight next chapter. I can see Gildartz and Cana working together to beat Bluenote but it would be epic if Gildartz fought him alone. The thing that intrigued me most about this chapter is Lucy. I wonder where she heard that from. Hopefully we get to learn more about her past. I still wonder what big role Lucy is going to play in this arc

What if Cana learns to control Fairy Glitter with Lucy's help. The whole description of the magic reminds me of Stellar Spirits. I doubt it though.

LoS
May 10, 2011, 12:28 AM
First things will shift towards Rustyrose vs Fried and Bixlow and/or Azuma vs Erza.

There will be a flash to the other characters because throughout this arc we have been flashing to other groups when strong magic is unleashed. Everyone will be like, oh yay Gildartz has returned, or GH will be like this complicates things.

Gildartz will bring Bluenote into a deadlock and through some motivational anime words (maybe he reveals he knows the truth and believes her) will awake Cana's true potential and she will unleash Fairy Glitter upon Bluenote.

See, this is so cliche ans boring, but you know why it will happen? Because in this very chapter Bluenote himself said Cana couldn't perform the magic to it's utmost capabilities. We will not go without seeing the actual strength of one of FT's 3 legendary spells after it being introduced.

We then shockingly discover that Gray sided with Ultear after she revealed the truth concerning Ur and that both had took Zeref to Grimmoire Heart's ship.

It's so funny how this was not an idea at all until very recently, but now it is extremely en vogue.

With the battle over council deems FT a dark guild and prepares to fire etherion to wipe out the remaining mages on the island.

In this wacko post war scenario Doranbalt manages to port away with FT and a couple GH members who will later join the guild (my bets are on Meredy and Azuma).

Now labeled as a dark guild, with Gray misteriously changing to the villain's side and Makarov dying slowly in their hands the remaining guild members and newcomers will have to reorganize themselves, find Laxus to replace Makarov and probably face of against Raven Tail along the way.

This all seems likely. We before this arc even knew the Council would take action against FT, and then once GH showed up it was obvious they would deploy Etherion. Also obvious, has been Doran Balt's change of allegiance. Myself and a few others from the very first time we heard Meredy speak pegged her as siding with FT, the only part I don't necessarily agree on is Azuma joining. The Raventail arc seems imminent, Makarov wanting to speak to his son one last time, Gildartz finally getting screen time, and Ivan being his nemesis...

Hopefully Mashima won't make a scene change to some other group, like Bixlow and Fried. Honestly I see this coming, but still hoping Im off.

It will happen, as I pointed out earlier, Mashima has been flipping to other group POV's whenever colossal amounts of magic are unleashed.

She was saying sth about a past story she heard. Most likely from her mother. Just a wild guess of mine at this point.

It will be from her mother. Although, Lucy does read a bunch of books... but this whole arc has been about Zeref, essence of magic, and Layla her mother connects with the Dragon's, which connect with the previously mentioned aspects of the arc. It simply all fits much too well.

I was a bit surprised cana could not use fairy glitter honestly though. Perhaps it will indeed play a part later on, I doubt fairy glitter would go to waste.

She will use it this very arc. Like you mentioned, no point in the introduction of the magic, explanation and hype from Bluenote, nor no point in Bluenote taunting her for it not to be witnessed in full power.

The part I found interesting was the bit about being attuned to magic and the original spell. Lucy knowing something about that is also interesting. It'd be interesting if she heard the story from her mother

It probably was from her, and yes, Layla despite being much too young to know all of this, was apparently involved in the major mysteries of this entire story.

You know, I predicted Gildhartz vs Hades well before Bluenote ever showed his ugly face. Can I still bet on that prediction?

Well, I think it largely depends on how Mashima takes the Bluenote vs Gildhartz fight. Bluenote seems too powerful for Gildhartz to trump so easily that he can then also take out Hades, but at the same time it is Gildhartz.

EDIT: Also, Fried + Bixlow vs Rustyrose. Erza beats Asuma. Gray beats Ultear. Everything looks pretty clear Hades notwithstanding. Of course, still the chance that GH leave after Bluenote inevitably loses.

This arc really isn't about defeating Hades, as you pointed out in the last line of your edit, plus we need the plot progression from the prospect of Zeref yet again being involved with dark magic.

kkck
May 10, 2011, 12:55 AM
Literally the only thing I found interesting or enlightening from this chapter(oh wait, if I phrase it this way tons of members will tell me to stop reading this story... I don't care) was that someone skilled enough can kill another mage and steal their magic.

Was that actually said? I thought it was simply said that those attuned to the flow of magic could use any spells.
[hr]
As for the title of the next chapter I have a few ideas:

GIldarts flashback
grey getting closer to the grimmoire heart ship
bluenote flashback?

LoS
May 10, 2011, 01:17 AM
Well, he says process and use, then goes on to say take. I don't think you can take a magic from someone else without first defeating them, or physically somehow wrenching it out of them...

As for the title, someone who wants to fly would they look out to the sea? Sure people soar above seas, but they are more so for sailing.

DarkIcarusX
May 10, 2011, 02:21 AM
So, is it safe to say the hand Charles saw was Gildartz's?

matzik1212
May 10, 2011, 02:24 AM
just like i thought there wasn't even the slightest chance cana could have what it takes to shine as a powerful mage ...well at least not alone :eyeroll .....
gildartz appearance on the battlefield was to be expected :D....i'm very excited to see this battle 'cause gildartz powers seemed to be amazing when he fought a little against natsu so this should be worth seeing :XD

senewe
May 10, 2011, 02:46 AM
hey guys anyone with me that we will have a chance in this arc to learn something about Luxus' dad? I mean since Gildartz have already there facing BN (which everyone have predicted before). I just having big impression that 3 were legendary trio or somethin

ca12nag3
May 10, 2011, 03:40 AM
So, is it safe to say the hand Charles saw was Gildartz's?

The hand was Lucy's when she was knocked out by Cana. Nothing more to add to that i think.
[hr]

I have my doubts about gildart's wounds being a factor. Why would they? Do we have any reason to believe he is not fully healed?

Why would he be wearing band-aids then. Im just theorizing that he might not win. Its no big deal realy. Especialy if hes not his old self anymore. Ofc his power is overwhelming for the likes of Natsu, but he didnt even have to break a sweat to beat him realy.

What im saying is that his perpose storywise is that of Gale Glory vs Haru in Rave. Transfered to Gildartz vs Cana.

bittman
May 10, 2011, 04:10 AM
The hand was Lucy's when she was knocked out by Cana. Nothing more to add to that i think.
<hr noshade size="1">

Why would he be wearing band-aids then. Im just theorizing that he might not win. Its no big deal realy. Especialy if hes not his old self anymore. Ofc his power is overwhelming for the likes of Natsu, but he didnt even have to break a sweat to beat him realy.

What im saying is that his perpose storywise is that of Gale Glory vs Haru in Rave. Transfered to Gildartz vs Cana.

On what Gildhartz wears: it's simply covering the wounds. As he stated, he lost an arm, a leg and an organ (theorised to be something in his midsection like a kidney). Lost body parts and wounds aren't exactly recovered by bandages (regardless of what most Shonen's make you believe), and so I imagine that should you ever see it all come off it would be a hideous sight.

I like the Gale Glory to Gildhartz comparison, but Gale's entire 20 chapters of appearance was a little dark culminating in his death, something Mashima has definitely been avoiding in Fairy Tail.

Also to backtrack to a response: even though it's most likely the teams have evened up, people are still trying to fit in the GH retreats with Zeref concept which only came up after we saw Hades school Markov. Suddenly it looks like a more even fight, and GH retreating is still being touted? I understand Zeref has to continue beyond this arc for plot purposes, and I do think Hades looks like a good near end game villain, but what sort of boss is he if the entire arc is 8 somewhat strong guys losing with the "omfgwtfbbq" finale being Hades escaping?

I don't know about you, but Hades escaping isn't exactly a mindblowing end to an arc. The only alternative is Bluenote being the "final boss" and Gildhartz actually struggling. Given the timing of his introduction, Gildhartz not wtf-pwning this guy would make me cringe at the nosedive FT would take in order to avoid that.

Anyway, I'm just sort of looking at this, not in the sense of plot, but in Mashima's writing shoes given past samples of arcs in Fairy Tail. Hoping for Grey to turn evil and the exciting final boss escape seems like a poor end to the arc.

Besides: Natsu hasn't beaten two people yet. When he does, you know this arc has hit the finale.

ShiroPhoenix
May 10, 2011, 04:18 AM
<hr noshade size="1">

Well the "hand" is the bigger mystery for me, it could very likely be Lucy but I was really hoping it was something more then just Lucy sleeping. As for the rest I think that was pretty much covered (Natsu crying from Gildartz overwhelming power and lecture while Cana was crying out of remorse as she was facing Mavis's grave).

As for the band-aids it's not very safe to assume based on them alone since many characters have them for design purposes (not only in Fairy Tail). Also you must remember this is not reality, in a world filled with mages and dragons it's very likely that Gildartz magical/power hasn't even been affected at all. We can refer to Erza in cases like these or even Shanks from one piece (not very relevant but Oda's and Mashima's styles are very similar imo).

sarutobi_sensei
May 10, 2011, 05:32 AM
So like we had said, she wasn't able to fully use the spell. Well it's only natural, she just learned it.

So can we assume that it was Layla who told Lucy about the source of Magic being one? Hades had said the same thing before, that all magic comes from the same place.

Well, I guess that it's decided that Cana was the one to pass the S Class Exam. Natsu was a little bit shocked to see that.

Anyway, Cana sure was dumb trying to attack just like that, she thought that she could defeat him with just the spell, lolz.

Guildartz sure was pissed off. His epic I'm-gonna-kill-you-for-almost-killing-my-daughter-and-injuring-my-comrades face was so good it sent chills down my spine.

Bye bye, Bluenote.

I'm sure that Guildartz will tell Natsu and co to escape, including Cana, Natsu will go but Cana will stay and fight by daddy's side. But imo it'll be a disadvantage to Guildartz.

Newkerzy
May 10, 2011, 05:44 AM
There isn't much to ad after reading it through but one thing that got me thinking is how much wisdom and knowledge that Lucy actually possesses. Where did she get it from? Something tells me Mashima will draw some twisted time and dual personality thing again, good.

I don't think it'll be anything like that. I'm thinking Lucy read it somewhere in a book. She does love reading books like Levy, remember?? So I think she happened to read a book about the whole "source of magic".

ca12nag3
May 10, 2011, 06:00 AM
What im implying is that Gildartz in a normal situation would win but this isnt gonna be a fair fight. BlueNote doesnt care for the warrior within he only cares for the win. Hes the oposite of Azuma. Im sure hes gonna hit Gildartz in the gut over his lost organs *figurative speach*.

The plot doesnt requir Gildartz to beat this guy. Only and only if he adds in that hes protecting his daughter. But that seems unlikely to me. Specialy since the story is told from Canas perspective so her comming forth and saying shes his daughter is more likely.

Another thing directly from this chapter is that Bluenote calls her weak/unworthy. Again this is on the spot where Canas doubt lies, she wants to be worthy and recognized by her father so for plot reasons that i stated way before this chapter.

Either Gildartz comes forth and tells her she doesnt have to be strong and that he loves her. Or Cana finaly becomes that strong.

Also why would she gain Fairy Glitter if its just for show and not practical use, you guys honestly believe we got to see her go on a solo route and Mavis gave her this precious spell just to be cast aside and daddy step in?

So thats why it comes down to Gildartz losing in the end, sure it will be an epic strugle and Gildartz at 100% would win but im sure he aint 100%.
[hr]
Also that Cana is still on about *wasnt able to fly* still thinking about being Sclass. So im inclined to believe that Fairy Glitter cant be used with wrong desires.
Like how Fairy Law doesnt work for Laxus cause its about the heart. What your heart sees as the enemy for Fairy Law, im sure that what the heart holds dear Fairy Glitter will work for. So if Gildartz is in danger Cana will be able to use Fairy Glitter and from then on she can learn to use it propperly.

sarutobi_sensei
May 10, 2011, 06:09 AM
What im implying is that Gildartz in a normal situation would win but this isnt gonna be a fair fight. BlueNote doesnt care for the warrior within he only cares for the win. Hes the oposite of Azuma. Im sure hes gonna hit Gildartz in the gut over his lost organs *figurative speach*.

The plot doesnt requir Gildartz to beat this guy. Only and only if he adds in that hes protecting his daughter. But that seems unlikely to me. Specialy since the story is told from Canas perspective so her comming forth and saying shes his daughter is more likely.

Another thing directly from this chapter is that Bluenote calls her weak/unworthy. Again this is on the spot where Canas doubt lies, she wants to be worthy and recognized by her father so for plot reasons that i stated way before this chapter.

Either Gildartz comes forth and tells her she doesnt have to be strong and that he loves her. Or Cana finaly becomes that strong.

Also why would she gain Fairy Glitter if its just for show and not practical use, you guys honestly believe we got to see her go on a solo route and Mavis gave her this precious spell just to be cast aside and daddy step in?

So thats why it comes down to Gildartz losing in the end, sure it will be an epic strugle and Gildartz at 100% would win but im sure he aint 100%.
[hr]
Also that Cana is still on about *wasnt able to fly* still thinking about being Sclass. So im inclined to believe that Fairy Glitter cant be used with wrong desires.
Like how Fairy Law doesnt work for Laxus cause its about the heart. What your heart sees as the enemy for Fairy Law, im sure that what the heart holds dear Fairy Glitter will work for. So if Gildartz is in danger Cana will be able to use Fairy Glitter and from then on she can learn to use it propperly.
It was Bluenote who said that he still couldn't fly .

RaveDragon
May 10, 2011, 06:59 AM
Loved the chapter. I was a bit surprised cana could not use fairy glitter honestly though. What was the point of her getting the magic to begin with? Perhaps it will indeed play a part later on, I doubt fairy glitter would go to waste.

I did say it that even though Cana has Fairy Glitter i dounbted she was able to use it hah i was right :/ glad i was it would be too much dont you think like an amazing powerup withoput even training to use it >< makes more sense this way

Chapter was pretty epic! Can't wait to see Gildartz and Blutenote fight next chapter. I can see Gildartz and Cana working together to beat Bluenote but it would be epic if Gildartz fought him alone. The thing that intrigued me most about this chapter is Lucy. I wonder where she heard that from. Hopefully we get to learn more about her past. I still wonder what big role Lucy is going to play in this arc

What if Cana learns to control Fairy Glitter with Lucy's help. The whole description of the magic reminds me of Stellar Spirits. I doubt it though.

Im with you on everything you spoke my thoughts, lucy looked really scared or flustered but whatever she knows it might have hurt her or scared her or something, the long ago makes me think she heard it from her childhoos thus probably her mum which would make sense since she was reintroduced anyway in this arc i say might as well lift some more the curtains around the woman and then most probably we will have to wait to know more...

Was that actually said? I thought it was simply said that those attuned to the flow of magic could use any spells.
<hr noshade size="1">
As for the title of the next chapter I have a few ideas:

GIldarts flashback
grey getting closer to the grimmoire heart ship
bluenote flashback?

I would say a Gil/Cana moment is bound for the next chapter, the title could be interpreted as a methaphor for Gildartz ambition, maybe he left Cana and his mum to fullfill his dream since he was a boy?

Quote: ca12nag3 View Post
<hr noshade size="1">

Well the "hand" is the bigger mystery for me, it could very likely be Lucy but I was really hoping it was something more then just Lucy sleeping. As for the rest I think that was pretty much covered (Natsu crying from Gildartz overwhelming power and lecture while Cana was crying out of remorse as she was facing Mavis's grave).

As for the band-aids it's not very safe to assume based on them alone since many characters have them for design purposes (not only in Fairy Tail). Also you must remember this is not reality, in a world filled with mages and dragons it's very likely that Gildartz magical/power hasn't even been affected at all. We can refer to Erza in cases like these or even Shanks from one piece (not very relevant but Oda's and Mashima's styles are very similar imo).

The only ones covered are Lucy's hand and Cana crying which are almost exactly like the prediction while this:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c201/18.html
and this:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c206/20.html
are completely from different angles so no Natsu's crying is not done yet
theyre way too different the prediction would be wasted for this...

Gildartz is still bandaged and bruised he is not as 100% fully charged as he was before the dragon attack he is now at a disadvantage with those wounds plus he has to get used to less limbs than usual so he's yes not as strong as he used to be and it might cost him

Quote: Ero-Sanji View Post
I don't think it'll be anything like that. I'm thinking Lucy read it somewhere in a book. She does love reading books like Levy, remember?? So I think she happened to read a book about the whole "source of magic".

it could be but that long ago is way too suspicious and with the face she said it whatever she learned seems to have come with a price (my theory in a nutshell: her mum told her something bad happened)

ca12nag3
May 10, 2011, 07:11 AM
It was Bluenote who said that he still couldn't fly .

doesnt look like that is Bluenote, but could be. However that would be kinda out of context dont it. Why would he be talking about being able to fly? He only wants Fairy Glitter so what would him being flying have to do with anything.

And it still looks like Cana unable to use it (so unable to fly) even with Fairy Glitter, seems more likely to me. But i could be wrong.

Still looks like Cana giving up and admitting defeat.

RaveDragon
May 10, 2011, 07:21 AM
doesnt look like that is Bluenote, but could be. However that would be kinda out of context dont it. Why would he be talking about being able to fly? He only wants Fairy Glitter so what would him being flying have to do with anything.

And it still looks like Cana unable to use it (so unable to fly) even with Fairy Glitter, seems more likely to me. But i could be wrong.

You could also take it metaphorically, he was definetely talking about himself now...being that his magic is gravity he can tfly because itpulls him down, he alos might be saying he wants more power so he could 'fly' above the rest of the strong mages

alos Fairy glitter sounds really cool and powerful xD i like

Razh
May 10, 2011, 07:38 AM
I think by "flying" he means encountering a worthy opponent and going all out. Nothing complicated.

eefrit
May 10, 2011, 08:51 AM
This was a cool chapter. I like how Gildartz gets a lot of two page spreads. This one is especially awesome. His anger is shown to great effect. I am glad Cana's magic failed, makes me feel better about the last chapter. Other than that, Bluenote vs Gildartz will either end in a tie or with Bluenote's defeat. But before this fight we will get to the other guild members and see what's up with them most likely.

Ninja_Pirate
May 10, 2011, 09:07 AM
Gildartz entry was superb,,, reminded me how shanks entered in the great war in one piece.. :)

Cana got the power and then get owned... whats the logic of giving her power in the first place.. also i think she doesnt deserve that kindda power seeing her level... and gildartz looks strong.. so i predict that blue note will end up getting fairy glitter from cana and thus the war will get to edge and not a one sided victory by gildartz.. :)

saya1987
May 10, 2011, 09:15 AM
Regarding lucy, her expression is more of a shock, as though she realised smth important in horror.I can't really make sense of it but it seems significant.

Anyway, Gildarts may be slightly of a disadvantage with his lost leg but there's natsu, wendy and lucy to help.

Lastly, Lucy may be able to pull off the fairy glitter spell that Cana couldn't. Don't you think it's more than a coincidence that Lucy and spells go together? Hiro has been constantly giving her spells to cast.

Newkerzy
May 10, 2011, 09:46 AM
Regarding lucy, her expression is more of a shock, as though she realised smth important in horror. I can't really make sense of it but it seems significant.

Lastly, Lucy may be able to pull off the fairy glitter spell that Cana couldn't. Don't you think it's more than a coincidence that Lucy and spells go together? Hiro has been constantly giving her spells to cast.

I think that could somewhat happen. I predict her to do Unison Raid with Cana if this happens.

sarutobi_sensei
May 10, 2011, 11:56 AM

Huh cause he has been saying stuff about not being able to fly since he was introduced and took out Natsu and co? So yeah, it's him saying that he still can't fly.

Yeah, she gave up because even one of FT ultimate spells failed to defeat an enemy. She must be thinking that she was useless all along.

I think that could somewhat happen. I predict her to do Unison Raid with Cana if this happens.
Well, I can see it happening too. I dunno about the unison raid with Cana, but Lucy actually trying the spell is something I can see.

Askia32
May 10, 2011, 12:02 PM
Gildartz is a boss. It will be interesting if fairy glitter can also heal so Cana can actually even the fight out by healing Gils injuries from the dragon.

Keino
May 10, 2011, 01:32 PM
I liked this chapter and for a second I thought maybe Gildartz isn't going to show up... and then he does lol. Anyway I think It will be a great fight between Bluenote and Gil. I am glad Cana wasn't able to use fairy glitter because I wasn't plausible. As Bluenote was stating it is a complicated magic but she did come close so maybe there is a possibility she might try to use again and succeeds but I hope not.
On Lucy I think it is either her mom or some book she heard "that" from and I am sure she is going to remember within the next 3 chapters.
Btw maybe Gil didn't leave the island but was somewhere close like the beach front????

-Ken-
May 10, 2011, 01:40 PM
So many epic (double) pages this chapter! I'm actually thinking that I will see a lot of rant when I saw how fast Bluenote get hit by Fairy Glitter, but next page turn me around, and Gildatz entrance turn me around again!

White Silver King
May 10, 2011, 01:52 PM
Did Bluenote really use gravity magic to dispel Fairy Glitter? That's kind of impossible if it's just a bunch of light. It kind of worries me that he might be able to do the same to Crash which is, after all, like light, just a type of energy.

Ero-Sanji
May 10, 2011, 02:20 PM
Did Bluenote really use gravity magic to dispel Fairy Glitter? That's kind of impossible if it's just a bunch of light. It kind of worries me that he might be able to do the same to Crash which is, after all, like light, just a type of energy.

Actually light gets affected by gravity, as well, remember black holes which even light can't escape that's gravity. But this was more likely a matter of magical prowess than mere physics. The most reasonable answer is that his brutal magical power overpowered Cana's even though she used a more advanced and powerful magic she didn't have the skill to back it up.

RaveDragon
May 10, 2011, 02:29 PM
I liked this chapter and for a second I thought maybe Gildartz isn't going to show up... and then he does lol. Anyway I think It will be a great fight between Bluenote and Gil. I am glad Cana wasn't able to use fairy glitter because I wasn't plausible. As Bluenote was stating it is a complicated magic but she did come close so maybe there is a possibility she might try to use again and succeeds but I hope not.
On Lucy I think it is either her mom or some book she heard "that" from and I am sure she is going to remember within the next 3 chapters.
Btw maybe Gil didn't leave the island but was somewhere close like the beach front????

Thank you finally someone agrees with me! Cana using FG like snap would have been dissappointing so im satisfied cuz her failing is realistic and gave Gil the chance to appear AND have a bonding daddy/daughter moment!

Regarding lucy, her expression is more of a shock, as though she realised smth important in horror.I can't really make sense of it but it seems significant.

@Saya1987 i dont know what Lucy looks like you may be right but whatever she remembered aint good for sure :/

Its not a bunch of light the chapter said (bluenote) and i quote; "An exceedingly complex and unfathomable intricate spell that collects and concentrates the light and the sun, moon and the stars"
its rather taking it like light magic its essentially light but when it touches you it hurts or whatnot thus he can derail it by pushing with his magic like a force neutralising another in a nutshell; physics xD

FG reminds me of a black hole i wonder if fully used well it acts like one :S

Hey, wait a moment this is a celestial sounding spell! o.O okay is Lucy by any chance gonna trade it with Cana because i think she can pull this off (and then sleep for like a century) better than Cana like she did with Urano metoria! Maybe Cana is like a passer and this spell is for Celestial mages because sun, moon and stars well you know and now i notice you guys already said this anywho i totally agree! I guess lucy's important role starts here, this might be a hint to t her expreesion and knowledge and this celestial like spell :/

Weird theory Zeref and Lucy havent met could he know her too? or her mother and she gets kidnapped cuz she is the key to his awakening Lucy pulling a Nami *evil laugh* so the next arc would be a 'rescue Lucy and pwn GH/Zeref'

kkck
May 10, 2011, 03:28 PM

Well, even in real life we know for a fact that gravity can indeed suck in light and change its path. It is not that strange such a thing would be more exaggerated in the manga. Not sure how crash would be affected though.

ca12nag3
May 10, 2011, 04:11 PM
Well, even in real life we know for a fact that gravity can indeed suck in light and change its path. It is not that strange such a thing would be more exaggerated in the manga. Not sure how crash would be affected though.

Like beating a lamppost with a wooden stick.

Crash is incompatible with gravity magic i think. Its not like fire and water (luckily). Well at least thats what i hope. Still Gildartz will be under the gravitational effect. Tho im not sure if the gravity spell has any limitations, but judging from what we see is that he can keep a gravity zone up whilst changing gravity for cana. So its not like with Midnight who could only focus on himself or on someone/something else.
It seems as Bluenote is a lvl or what above that lol.

RaveDragon
May 10, 2011, 04:28 PM
Oh now i notice Lucy called it a story so the next chapter might be her telling her a story which most likely her mum told her about (remember coka cola omake?her mum sure told her loads of stories) weird chap name would be explained xD just thinking...

Thorvardur
May 10, 2011, 07:18 PM
ohh loved this chapter! GILDARTZ!! this is exactly what I thought this would be and I can't wait for the next chapter. I think Gildartz will tell others to go away for their protection but I don't know what to say about how the fight will end. but I'll guess Gildartz will defeat Bluenote after a long crazy kick ass fight by little help from Cana in the end and natsu maybe.

I don't think Gildartz know's Cana is his daughter imo:S cuz who in the world would not speak to her daughter in years?? unless there is a good reason for it. like something a promise from Cana's mother or something.

ghostexiled
May 11, 2011, 03:57 AM
I think that G and BN will fight for a short bit only to be stopped by Hades wanting to leave after Ultear brings Zeref to the ship... with or without Gray. BN may or maynot make a break for attempting to snatch Cana as he leaves... since I doubt he is willing to part with the one power he has been searching for, for so long.

I think this will be Gray's time to kinda go over to the dark side... not evil, just working against FT for a bit.

As far as the title goes... I have 2 feelings about that. One it will jump back to show how Gildartz came back (my money is on Mest) so I think it will have us see a conversation between Mest and Gildartz near the sea.

My other thought... is that will be a brief flashblack for G Man.

Ifrit
May 11, 2011, 10:55 PM
I hope Gildartz wins against Bluenote...GO GILDAAAARTZ !!!! it will suck if gildartz risk his life n dies >.>

saya1987
May 11, 2011, 11:20 PM
I hope Gildartz wins against Bluenote...GO GILDAAAARTZ !!!! it will suck if gildartz risk his life n dies >.>

No, he won't die because the mystery between Ivan and Gildarts is still unexplained.

However, it will be a tough fight. Gildarts and Bluenote are somewhat of the same calibre- Both Gildarts and Bluenote are the second most powerful mages in their respective guilds.

Gildarts may have some disadvantages because he lost a leg and he doesn't seem to be able to control his power well. Considering Natsu and the others are near both of them, Gildarts couldn't just unleash all his powers without getting anyone hurt or dissembled into pieces. He has a lot of power no doubt, but it's useless when you can't use it without hurting your teammates.

Bluenote, other hand, has a better control over his powers.

Personally, I belive Lucy will pull off Fairy Glitter. Cana just can't cut it. There are some speculation that either Natsu or Gildarts will pull off their spell but the name FAIRY GLITTER is ermm...too girly. I just can't picture any of them pumping their fists in the air and shout 'fairy glitter'.

Secondly, Hiro has been giving Lucy temporary power-ups in the form of spells so I won't be surprised if she can pull off this one too.

In conclusion, Gildarts won't die but he will have a tough fight. Lucy saves the day by pulling off fairy glitter. In between, there could be some disasterous event happening which made Natsu cry.

kkck
May 12, 2011, 01:14 AM
I don't think gildart's lack of control over his power will be a problem. He does not seem to have problems bringing out 100% of his power, his issue is to limit the amount of power he uses. This is a fight were he does not have a need to hold back in any way, it is perfect for him. It was said gildarts was known for obliterating his enemies, I guess we will see what that is about.

Ifrit
May 12, 2011, 01:37 AM
LOL advantage or disadvantage { lets see what the only person came alive from a 100 quest got} I was so close from punshing the screen when Gildartz came xDDD I wanna smack bluenote {>.<}

RaveDragon
May 12, 2011, 01:55 AM
No, he won't die because the mystery between Ivan and Gildarts is still unexplained.

However, it will be a tough fight. Gildarts and Bluenote are somewhat of the same calibre- Both Gildarts and Bluenote are the second most powerful mages in their respective guilds.

Gildarts may have some disadvantages because he lost a leg and he doesn't seem to be able to control his power well. Considering Natsu and the others are near both of them, Gildarts couldn't just unleash all his powers without getting anyone hurt or dissembled into pieces. He has a lot of power no doubt, but it's useless when you can't use it without hurting your teammates.

Personally, I belive Lucy will pull off Fairy Glitter. Cana just can't cut it. There are some speculation that either Natsu or Gildarts will pull off their spell but the name FAIRY GLITTER is ermm...too girly. I just can't picture any of them pumping their fists in the air and shout 'fairy glitter'.

Secondly, Hiro has been giving Lucy temporary power-ups in the form of spells so I won't be surprised if she can pull off this one too.

In conclusion, Gildarts won't die but he will have a tough fight. Lucy saves the day by pulling off fairy glitter. In between, there could be some disasterous event happening which made Natsu cry.

That would be sooo cool i like your theory and this might lead to some character development like someone telling Lucy now off you go to learn your secondary magic aka MORE AWESOME SPELLS!!!

I would like some explanations though like some mysteries revealed that would also cause the disastrous event and make Natsu and probably even Lucy cry and act!

I don't think gildart's lack of control over his power will be a problem. He does not seem to have problems bringing out 100% of his power, his issue is to limit the amount of power he uses. This is a fight were he does not have a need to hold back in any way, it is perfect for him. It was said gildarts was known for obliterating his enemies, I guess we will see what that is about.

i doubt lack of control will be a problem unless the kids stupidly remain in his way team natsu probably goes off now and guess who day meet DUN DUN DUN Hades!! after all Charle told them about the ship and Natsu will stupidly go there causing the others to follow him, someone gets injured *cough*LUCY*cough* and some thing are revealed and then Natsu cries and s*** happens

LOL advantage or disadvantage { lets see what the only person came alive from a 100 quest got} I was so close from punshing the screen when Gildartz came xDDD I wanna smack bluenote {>.<}

I know aye? he so soooo sooo not BLUE enough (get it? cuz bruises are blue and his name X] sorry lame pun xD)

i think though we should leave it to G-man he'll use him as a duster for the island floor! i hope :/ cuz dragon didnt really have mercy on Gildartz

Ifrit
May 12, 2011, 03:06 AM
i think though we should leave it to G-man he'll use him as a duster for the island floor! i hope :/ cuz dragon didnt really have mercy on Gildartz

from the look on Gildartz face I don't wanna be the one standing infront of him bluenote is about to taste a true power !!!!

saya1987
May 12, 2011, 10:21 AM
This is a fight were he does not have a need to hold back in any

Well, in fact, I think he does have to hold back because like I said, there are more than just bluenote and gildarts on the battlefield. You have the cats, wendy, natsu, lucy and a badly injured marakov. With all of them in the way, gildarts need to control his power very well such that it hit bluenote without affecting the entire area. However, as you can see, both his and bluenote's powers are the destructive type. One hit and the entire area smashes into pieces. Just imagine both of them exchanging blows with team natsu nearby...everyone except the two of them will either be smashed into the ground or fly high in the air.

his issue is to limit the amount of power he uses.
That's right! His issue is to limit the power which he has to do with everyone in the way but the question is, can he? So what if he went on a 100yr quest?! That was a solo mission- he can unleash his powers and do whatever he wants but this situation is different. He has so many people around him now. Personally, I think he will be in a defensive mode for this battle. It's too risky for everyone if he were to attack.

This fight would only be ideal if everyone is out of Gildart's way. However, I don't think bluenote will just generously allow everyone to leave especially now that Cana has fairy glitter, the spell he so greatly desires.

In conclusion, gildarts will have to control and hold back his powers until team natsu goes far away but since I don't think this is happening, the best bet would be lucy mastering the spell. Furthermore, fairy glitter is too powerful a spell to simply end in Cana's hands- it will definitely be used again, it's just a matter of time and by who. Lucy is by far the next best candidate.

Graupel
May 12, 2011, 03:30 PM
Gildartz is going to die.
Only with his death would Cana and Natsu be crying.
Remember Charle's Premonition? It's gonna come true.

Obviously we want an epic fight scene, but it's going to have deadly consequences.
Bluenote will die, and Gildartz will die, saying a few last words.

kkck
May 12, 2011, 04:10 PM
Cana already cried.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c232/15.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c201/18.html

As far as charles predictions go they are all pretty much done. The hand is from when cana left lucy or from the mira bit (dont remember right now). The zeref bit is from when he met urtear. The natsu bit might not be from when he fought gildarts though.

Ifrit
May 12, 2011, 08:38 PM
Gildartz is going to die.
Only with his death would Cana and Natsu be crying.
Remember Charle's Premonition? It's gonna come true.

Obviously we want an epic fight scene, but it's going to have deadly consequences.
Bluenote will die, and Gildartz will die, saying a few last words.

I agree I think this battle gonna end with Gildartz death..he's not a main character really ...although I don't want it to end this way..we still have Charle image of Natsu crying it could be the death of Gildartz not by losing to bluenote but by Gildartz going with all he got to protect his daughter n the others which cost his own life ....btw I don't want that to happen I hope I'm wrong n Gildartz do this to bluenote :laser

Kuzumikun
May 13, 2011, 02:38 AM
Gildarts is going to win, i just hope he doesn't die! :[ He can still get support from Cana (unless that attack injured her a lot which i doubt it did), Natsu, Lucy, or Wendy (unless they are too weak to do so). Even though he isn't one of the main characters or characters that show up once in a while I don't want him to die :C

I hope next chapter shows Levy and the others against RustyRose. If Gildarts is on the island that means Fried and Bixlow are on the island as well. Erza doesn't seem to need help, but if she does Fried will probably help her and Bixlow help Levy and the others.

RaveDragon
May 13, 2011, 03:40 AM
Gildarts is going to win, i just hope he doesn't die! :[ He can still get support from Cana (unless that attack injured her a lot which i doubt it did), Natsu, Lucy, or Wendy (unless they are too weak to do so). Even though he isn't one of the main characters or characters that show up once in a while I don't want him to die :C

I hope next chapter shows Levy and the others against RustyRose. If Gildarts is on the island that means Fried and Bixlow are on the island as well. Erza doesn't seem to need help, but if she does Fried will probably help her and Bixlow help Levy and the others.

It would make sense we get a bit of Team Natsu in the beginning then we got to Erza's and Levy's fight and then back to team Natsu then we got to hades and Zeref

or we get;

Gildartz vs Bluenote for around 2 chappies
Erza vs Asuma 1 chappy
Levy and co vs rustyRose 1 chappy

in the meantime team natsu (without Gildartz who is KO but i think alive dont want him to die not before he says something to Cana) finds the ship while Gray joins Ultear (undercover or not) and takes Zeref to the ship

here we have team natsu vs hades and co
we get some revelations (mostly by Lucy probably) something happens, maybe Makarove dies here D: Natsu cries, and i still think Lucy pulls a Nami and gets kidnapped maybe because of her knowledge or Zeref or her resemblance to Layla (which almost got her killed already)

Also i do believe Lucy like Saya1987 said is more adapted for Fairy glitter than Cana we might get a transer here =] sorry cana xD

Ifrit
May 13, 2011, 08:20 AM
Well whatever gonna happen in next chapter we won't see any fight " Boy who stare @ the sea" sounds like a flash back..bluenote past I think.
I think Fried could cast one of his spells to prevent any1 from escaping the island along with Zeref but I doubt something like that hold GH master HADES although it worked on Marakov who knows.

Zeltrax
May 13, 2011, 09:07 AM
Why the hell will Gildartz die? He's the second strongest in fairy tail with Makarov as the strongest.
And he hasn't done anything yet, he hasn't showed off his true strength yet. That is why there is no reason for him to die. He's like an elder brother and a senior to the ft members and a potential leader.
If anyone that is suppose to die in this arc it should have been Makarov.
But that was screwed up and having gildart die will make Bluenote insanely strong.
I highly doubt he'll die.

ca12nag3
May 13, 2011, 01:35 PM
gildarts wont die, and ill explain why and this is fact.

When Charle saw a preminision of the future she saw a hand,natsu cry,zeref and Cana cry. All but the Natsu cry has passed already.

Im 100% sure that a crying Cana over what she did to her guild/family/friends was the most climactic moment of Canas sorrow and it was in the preminision. It would be weird to have a more extreme reaction of seeing Cana cry over her dead father. So i dont see it as even possible. At least not in this arc.

kakashidad
May 13, 2011, 01:38 PM
hmm now that gildartz has appeared...and i was a lone dissentor,i did not want to see him so soon.I expect now for luxus to show up as well.Because if Gildartz is as injuried as one or two have said.Then the second strongest mage will be needed to finish off what's left...i-e Mater Hades..no?

White Silver King
May 13, 2011, 02:05 PM

I think all that sounds likely except for the Lucy part. Another character getting Fairy Glitter? That would completely ruin Cana's moment. I think Gildarts will get injured (because he can't go all out) and Cana will go Nakama-power all over Bluenote with Fairy Glitter.

coolerthanzerok
May 13, 2011, 02:27 PM
The MOST important reason that Gildartz won't die is that we haven't even properly seen him fight once yet. It'd be an enormous buzzkill if the first time he picks a fight with a villain he bites the dust. Naw, this is Mashima's chance to show off Gildartz and just how stupid strong he is. He's going to win a good fight, pull out all the stops, but I think he'll probably win this one unassisted.

ca12nag3
May 13, 2011, 03:14 PM
Wont be the first time we would see a first fight of a hyped character that kicks the bucket after/during his first fight by Mashima so i wouldnt be to confident in that reasoning for Gildartz. Also promises of return etc Mashima also breaks those in his mangas.
Most importantly atm is the Charle preminision to me where Canas crying was pointed out large and that was over her own betrayel so i dont see killing off Gildartz as a logical next step storywise.

Ifrit
May 13, 2011, 05:57 PM
Wont be the first time we would see a first fight of a hyped character that kicks the bucket after/during his first fight by Mashima so i wouldnt be to confident in that reasoning for Gildartz. Also promises of return etc Mashima also breaks those in his mangas.
Most importantly atm is the Charle preminision to me where Canas crying was pointed out large and that was over her own betrayel so i dont see killing off Gildartz as a logical next step storywise.

I really hope ur right I don't wanna see Gildartz fall. ( not in his first fight like the others said).I wish he win the fight without any1 help.
I also hope the one defeat HADES is Laxus if he's gonna be the master then he must prove that he deserve the title !

frozen18ice
May 13, 2011, 07:23 PM
i think lucy would be the best person to use fairy glitter being that she controls celestial beings and the urano thingy that she did before seems like using the stars moon and suns power, plus it was because of her that cana find the grave mybe mavis gave it to her so she can give it to someone that can use it properly i think it was lucy the best candidate to use the skill specially that she is only missing two of the zodiacs

ghostexiled
May 13, 2011, 09:44 PM
Please remember to only talk about FT in this thread. If you wish to talk about Mashima's other series such as RAVE... then please do it in this thread. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69696)

Thanks!

Mangafan2
May 13, 2011, 10:28 PM
Pretty sure Gildartz will die.

Why?

1. Cana isn't able to use Fairy Glitter well, this will be a the trigger to activate it the good form of it.
2. Gildartz shown to recognize that Cana is his daughter (these kind of things are always used before someone dies)
3. He scared Natsu to show how weak he actually his, passing on a valuable experience.

I'm sure he's going to die after a fight.

I also think Makarov will die by giving his life to someone who's really injured. Like if Lucy is dying then Makarov will use his remaining life to save hers or something.

Bhoot
May 14, 2011, 12:04 AM
Pretty sure Gildartz will die.

Why?

1. Cana isn't able to use Fairy Glitter well, this will be a the trigger to activate it the good form of it.
2. Gildartz shown to recognize that Cana is his daughter (these kind of things are always used before someone dies)
3. He scared Natsu to show how weak he actually his, passing on a valuable experience.

I'm sure he's going to die after a fight.

I also think Makarov will die by giving his life to someone who's really injured. Like if Lucy is dying then Makarov will use his remaining life to save hers or something.

If Gilly does die , it will most probably be in context to the injuries he had suffered against the dragon sh1t .

On a side note , I think Gilly will woop ass instead and ask Cana to come along with him on his upcoming trip(s) .

saya1987
May 14, 2011, 03:16 AM
The only reason I chose Lucy using the spell is that Cana just can't cut it. Fairy Glitter is one of the three greatest spells and Cana couldn't even scratch bluenote with all her might. For such a powerful spell, it will definitely be used again. It would be an anti-climax if the spell simply ends its usage at this point.

Secondly, she's not that important as a character to be given a second chance to use the spell so Lucy getting the spell doesn't ruin Cana's moment of fame at all. Besides, she already cast it once and that's enough of a moment of fame for Cana.

Lastly, I think Lucy isn't weaker than Cana (except for physical combat skills). She has the potential except that her level of celestial magic fluctuates a lot. However, Lucy has been rather consistent with spells. All along, Hiro has been giving her rare and powerful spells. Out of so many characters, she's the only one who cast rare and powerful spells each time. What's so surprising if she has fairy glitter? If Cana can do it, why can't she?

The words used in the spell relates to moon, stars and whatever- sounds like a lucy spell to meeee.

Anyway, we shall see and hope this chapter comes early or on time :D

goldb
May 14, 2011, 03:54 AM
Gildarts won't die, it'd be really weird to introduce the strongest S-Class Mage of Fairy Tail just to kill him off in his first fight. The way I see it, The fight may be interrupted somehow by Hades or something else will happen.

I'm really finding it hard to guess what the next chapter title refers to though :headscratch, normally you can make a sensible prediction from looking at the next chapter title.

I think that if Gildarts vs Bluenote does go on for a bit then after 2 chapters or so, Mashima may switch and show what is happening with the others, or he'll do it as soon as they get the speeches out of the way and clash.

RaveDragon
May 14, 2011, 04:28 AM
I agree with Saya1987 the spell shouts "USE ME LUCY!!!" Cana is probably just the delivery girl xD

Lucy's magic is weird its like it comes out only in desperate times like its sealed and the seal breaks in these times just a tad :/ ala naruto to be clear.

but if not Lucy knows something important its hinted, what? im not sure relate to what Bluenote wants and probably what hades wants which may lead to her important role which may lead to her using fairy glitter correctly ^^
which makes me sure Hades/Zeref will do something to her.

Gildartz dieing i wouldnt be sure of that, Mashima already said he wants this story to be a happy one so i doubt anyone will kick the bucket unless necessary, and for Cana to be happy Daddy going bye bye would not help at all...
Ubless we get the daddy is dieing, he knew about you and will tell you something cool and make you happy on his deathbed moment, that would be so tearfully cool :'D

Laxus coming back, well Gil came back so theres a possibility but hey Gil probably saw the flare or multiple explosions -.-" Laxus felt something i doubt that he will connect such vague dots, but in the future im sure he'll reappear just not this arc

wooticus
May 14, 2011, 05:26 AM
i begin to feel a bit irritated about the weekly discussions of someone dying. it already seems to me that some members are only waiting for someone to die. are you that bloodthirsty?

It's just a fact that this manga isn't obsessed with killing off characters. even the bad guys aren't dying one after another, many of them survive, turn over, get prisoned or just disappear.

some already started with gajeel, then it was sure that makarov has died, after that mira, now gildarts. well i don't have a clue why gildarts should die. i agree with some arguments. let me do a small comparison here:

hades was the former master of fairy tail, he wants so awake zeref, the ultimate villain of fairy tail universe and he shares a past with makarov. being the former master he most likely also has relationships with former FT members like poliushka, blue pegagus master (i hope i'm right with this one), the guy from the council and some more. so there is a lot of space for developement, flashbacks and storytelling.

bluenote yet is nothing but a guy coming out of nowhere, being hyped as an extremely powerful mage. he doesn't seem to share a relationship with anybody except hades and his only goal is to obtain a certain spell which is located at this very island, which he needs to become even stronger, i guess.

then there is gildarts, who has a relationship to natsu, lisanna (no developement there since she came back), is cana's father which only has been revealed recently and has a major grudge with an enemy that's still around (raven tail master). and we also don't know anything about his 100 year quest.

then there is the fact that fairy tail - after seeming to get utterly defeated - has taken out one enemy after another. counting all this together with the fact that not a single FT member has died yet doesn't make the chances of gildarts dying that high.

and if someone is talking about the charles prediction of natsu crying - in my opinion he isn't crying, he just seems shaken. against gildarts he cried far more intense.

well, i've talked a bit longer than i wanted. if someone of FT dies it will be makarov. he is old, ill and needs to be replaced sooner or later. but i don't think he will get killed by an enemy while natsu is around.. it would take this "powered by emotion" stuff too far.. he already is possesed with beating the one who hurted makarov, if someone kills him he will probably destroy the whole island..^^

Ifrit
May 14, 2011, 07:11 AM
I think we are overthinking it ...after all Gildartz can do this xD

http://i53.tinypic.com/e6u4gl.gif

ca12nag3
May 14, 2011, 07:44 AM
like i explained earlier there is no logic in gildartz death, i do see a plotline where hes defeated and also one where he wins. But him dieing serves no good.

The main goal in this storyline is and will be by Mashima dictated to show Cana that she doesnt have to be anything to be noticed by her dad. That he loves her for who she is. ( after that/or before that her feelings might trigger a propper activation of Fairy Glitter)

Also the entire idea of Lucy gaining Fairy Glitter from Cana serves no purpose, also Lucy already gained Capricorn so shes had her boost. Fairy Glitter is a fairy spell/ablity its not a stellar/constelation spell. Try to keep it apart.
Even if its pulling in the stars/moon/sun etc etc power. That wont matter.
Thats like if you put wood on fire and natsu eats the fire its a wood mage ability? C'mon

Its also possible that the stellar thing is part of the main source of magic. Or that its part of the Fairy Tail legacy. Or both. But that theory can be put in the freezer since we wont know till long from now.

I see Gildartz lose during the fight due to his injuries, and Cana stepping in to save her daddy. Possibly some talk will take place during a moment but thats all wait and see.

chess4
May 14, 2011, 09:11 AM
gildarts will not lose. i think this is it for markorov, he will give a speech to everyone thanking them for everything and telling gildarts he must carry on as the new leader. gildarts must be shown that he can carry the torch as the leader.

as far as laxus goes.....he will not come back until after the arc with his father

RaveDragon
May 14, 2011, 11:27 AM
like i explained earlier there is no logic in gildartz death, i do see a plotline where hes defeated and also one where he wins. But him dieing serves no good.

The main goal in this storyline is and will be by Mashima dictated to show Cana that she doesnt have to be anything to be noticed by her dad. That he loves her for who she is. ( after that/or before that her feelings might trigger a propper activation of Fairy Glitter)

Also the entire idea of Lucy gaining Fairy Glitter from Cana serves no purpose, also Lucy already gained Capricorn so shes had her boost. Fairy Glitter is a fairy spell/ablity its not a stellar/constelation spell. Try to keep it apart.
Even if its pulling in the stars/moon/sun etc etc power. That wont matter.
Thats like if you put wood on fire and natsu eats the fire its a wood mage ability? C'mon

Its also possible that the stellar thing is part of the main source of magic. Or that its part of the Fairy Tail legacy. Or both. But that theory can be put in the freezer since we wont know till long from now.

I see Gildartz lose during the fight due to his injuries, and Cana stepping in to save her daddy. Possibly some talk will take place during a moment but thats all wait and see.

you're right, your argument makes sense, lucy will probably use Capricorn or he'll come out uninvited to help lol i expect some flashback from the due on this arc or the next one, its just her imp role thats bugging right now she didnt do anything important

No i doubt it was leading Cana to the grave i think its something only Lucy could do, this might I make clear is something Levy could have figured out, why do you think the 2 are best friend xp and what do we have hinted right now some kind of knowledge about the single source of magic which if her mum told her about it might not be found in books

Cana using fully Fairy glitter would be nice, maybe to save Gildartz she finally understand how to use the spell.

Still there are so many questions (for this arc) yet unanswered apart from the fights,

What important role will lucy have?
she using FG might have been thought out due to this, i think though its something to do with that single magic story she might know something imp

What is Capricorn gonna do/say when he comes back?
Id like to know more about the mysterious Layla and why Lucy has to be protected - it could be just motherly love, it could be more which makes a cooler story-

Whats up with Zeref?
he's soo adorably...Nice? is this really the monster so many people fear that created Lullaby (okay it was some joke -.-") and Deliora?
More importantly who do you think sealed him? the dragons might be a guess maybe thats why they went to hide him.
Also Hades how will he 'awaken' him and for what purpose exactly?

What happened to Hades that turned him evil?
he must have been a great man and now he changed so drastically

Why is natsu shocked/crying?
whatever you wanna call that pose in the prediction to make Natsu look like that it must have been a bomb...
I am thinking Zeref was awakened by mistake or whatnot and kicked Fairy tail butt :/

Ultear is really an ally? hence What will Gray do now?
i think gray might temporarily go with her

Who will be s-class?
This one i doubt anyone cares anymore, the exam will probably be canceled

What will happen to makarov? leading to Will Laxus come back?

Some of these will probably be taken to the next arc.

kkck
May 14, 2011, 11:50 AM
There is no way lucy can use fairy glitter. Even if she for some reason was stronger than cana, she is currently out of magic. She could not even summon spirits before.... Natsu is more of an adequate candidate but in turn he is exhausted too. Justifiable considering he has fought 3 members of the seven kin. The only one there who could conceivably use fairy glitter is gildarts.

ca12nag3
May 14, 2011, 12:10 PM
Cana has Fairy Glitter, there is no reason to believe shes gonna give it up. Or that you can even transfer it. She MAGICALY received it from Mavis so i doubt he handed her a manual how to get rid of it as well.

So i seriously call for dropping the transfer power nonsense since it wont happen anyways.

shuha27
May 14, 2011, 03:31 PM
There is no way lucy can use fairy glitter. Even if she for some reason was stronger than cana, she is currently out of magic. She could not even summon spirits before.... Natsu is more of an adequate candidate but in turn he is exhausted too. Justifiable considering he has fought 3 members of the seven kin. The only one there who could conceivably use fairy glitter is gildarts.

Lucy was out of magic once before but she ended up using urnametoria (spelled it wrong). I doubt her getting it though. Cana probably will end up using Fairy Glitter some way. Probably she will see her dad getting hurt or a motivational speech from someone will activate Fairy Glitter.

frozen18ice
May 14, 2011, 04:26 PM
what is the zeref guy is really the black dragon slayer that suppose to exsist, gildart mention of a black dragon and he has alsmost like a a dark power, and the story about the zeref was false, there could be 7 dragons and 7 dragon slayers plus lucy i wonder if the reason why lucy seem weak sometimes its because of carpricon being out and still have a contract with her and not with her side.

wooticus
May 14, 2011, 06:12 PM
What will happen to makarov? leading to Will Laxus come back?

Some of these will probably be taken to the next arc.

imho the next arc will be around: fairy tail being disbanded by the council temporarly because of hiding zeref on their island. it may lead into makarov being taken prisoner by the council because he must take responsibility for his guild. because we all know about our fellow FT guys this will lead into an erza, natsu, wendy, lucy (maybe grey) and some more rescue force. it will feature a little " we need reinforcements so go and find laxus " -subarc.

this may sound a bit farfetched, but the one thing i'm building this prediction on is the fact that while rescuing makarov they could also bring back gerard right away - i think we'll see him again, would be boring to lock him off forever, if someone has to die in this manga then it maybe him protecting erza.

but because i went too much off topic (also in my last post, sorry), here are my actual predictions for the next chapter:

4 pages of bluenote talking with gildartz about him being weak because of failing the 100 year quest. then it will switch to show freed and bixlow - with gildartz reappearing it might be sure that those two will also be featured (because we totally need to see the leader of raijin tribe in a all out fight against an enemy of the guild)

White Silver King
May 14, 2011, 09:31 PM
I don't get why everyone is all over themselves for Luxus to come back. Who do you expect him to beat? If Natsu could fight him the way he did (they drawed, right?), he can't be anything compared to Gildarts or Makarov.

Krono
May 14, 2011, 10:27 PM
I don't get why everyone is all over themselves for Luxus to come back. Who do you expect him to beat? If Natsu could fight him the way he did (they drawed, right?), he can't be anything compared to Gildarts or Makarov.

Not quite. Natsu was struggling against him but putting up a very good fight before the Thunder Palace was destroyed. Then Luxus snapped and wailed on Natsu until Gajeel showed up and saved him. Two on one Natsu and Gajeel easily gained the upper hand and wailed on Luxus. When they were surprised that that didn't put him down, Luxus revealed he had dragon slayer powers that he'd been using to tank their attacks, and while they were off guard from surprise, caught them with an offensive DS attack. While they were down from the undefended hit, he tried Fairy Law, failed, then Natsu got up and exchanged a few more blows with him with Luxus having the upper hand. Then Luxus tried to finish Natsu off with an attack that Gajeel tanked for him, and Natsu hit Luxus with a combo and knocked him out.

So not a draw, but Luxus clearly struggled with Natsu when he was holding back, and even when he was holding back only his offensive DS magic he was outmatched by Natsu + Gajeel, and needed to use every last thing he had to get back to equal terms with the two of them.

Compare that to Gildartz who while holding back, manhandled Natsu with one arm, one leg, while standing in place. Even when Natsu got a clear shot to hit him with his best move which he'd used as the final blow against Luxus, it merely pushed him back a little.

So yeah, Luxus is not in Gildarts territory as far as power. The flip side of that is that he can use Fairy Law, and since he doesn't have the connection to Hades that Makarov does, his FL would likely take out Hades.

ca12nag3
May 14, 2011, 11:24 PM
I dont even expect Luxus back either, not now anyways. As for the Fairy Law well Grimoir Law is most likely the same ability and if both casters use it the result is both teams go k.o. > so i think thats what Hades ment.

Krono, you mean that since Makarov doesnt view Purito/Hades as enemy his Fairy Law wouldnt affect him? Meaning Hades would be the last man standing in a 2way law situation with Makarov?
Otherwise i dont see how Luxuses FL would be better in this situation.

As for Lachrima dragonslayers i think that this is their max ability range, they always are in their dragonmode when activated and at max power. I dont expect them to be able to learn anything more advanced like i hope Natsu+co can. Otherwise whats the use of true dragonslayers anyways?

So atm Laxus might be a tad stronger then either Natsu or Gajeel but in the long term hes left far behind, even Wendy will woop his ass :D

Also about his strength seriously both Mira (when no longer in lisannatraumaland) and Erza are of the same lvl as him, i dont think Luxus is stronger then them. Gildartz is in his own league and well be shown that very soon.

p.s. i still dont see Gildartz win this fight.

Ero-Sanji
May 15, 2011, 12:33 AM
So atm Laxus might be a tad stronger then either Natsu or Gajeel but in the long term hes left far behind, even Wendy will woop his ass :D

Also about his strength seriously both Mira (when no longer in lisannatraumaland) and Erza are of the same lvl as him, i dont think Luxus is stronger then them. Gildartz is in his own league and well be shown that very soon.

p.s. i still dont see Gildartz win this fight.

You're underestimating him just like his father:p
This is the turning point for Laxus, he's no longer mad in love for power and will train to reach new heights in his own magic, electricity. As for Erza and Mira being stronger than him? I doubt it, he has shown far more strength and resistance than both of the others, e.g. like when Mystogan paid a visit all but Laxus and his grandfather slept. But just like Gildartz is older than the rest so is Laxus in those 2-3 years of difference Erza will have succeeded him but at that time Laxus will have grown as well. He also has the blessing of the current guild master.

Ifrit
May 15, 2011, 01:22 AM

how can u say this..Natsu Vs Laxus = Laxus won (Gajeel got in the way)

Gajeel & Natsu Vs Laxus = Laxus took them both with one hit lighting dragon roar for a fake dragon like some say he took 2 real dragons with one hit.

And don't forget that deep down his heart he look @ them as his friends this is why they didn't get destroyed by his Fairy Law.
http://i51.tinypic.com/903cb4.gif

Krono
May 15, 2011, 01:55 AM
I dont even expect Luxus back either, not now anyways. As for the Fairy Law well Grimoir Law is most likely the same ability and if both casters use it the result is both teams go k.o. > so i think thats what Hades ment.

Krono, you mean that since Makarov doesnt view Purito/Hades as enemy his Fairy Law wouldnt affect him? Meaning Hades would be the last man standing in a 2way law situation with Makarov?
Otherwise i dont see how Luxuses FL would be better in this situation.

Yeah. Once he saw that Hades was his old master Fairy Law would no longer hit him as he wouldn't be able to so easily identify Purehito as an enemy in his heart. Since using Fairy Law on the rest of GH would leave Hades free to use Grimmoire Law on Fairy Tail, Makarov backed down from using it.

Luxus on the other hand lacks any deep connection to Hades and should have no trouble identifying him as an enemy as far as FL is concerned.

As for Lachrima dragonslayers i think that this is their max ability range, they always are in their dragonmode when activated and at max power. I dont expect them to be able to learn anything more advanced like i hope Natsu+co can. Otherwise whats the use of true dragonslayers anyways?

While I doubt Luxus can improve his DS magic, that doesn't mean he can't improve his other magic.

ShiroPhoenix
May 15, 2011, 03:46 AM

Gajeel & Natsu Vs Laxus = Laxus took them both with one hit lighting dragon roar for a fake dragon like some say he took 2 real dragons with one hit.

And don't forget that deep down his heart he look @ them as his friends this is why they didn't get destroyed by his Fairy Law.

Yeah exactly, I still think too many people are underestimating Laxus after he was defeated. As you just said the battle between Natsu, Gajeel and himself was leaning towards his side throughout the first half of the battle and then an immense difference in strength was shown to us when Fairy Law was displayed. If it hadn't been for Laxus true feelings then there would be nothing left of magnolia or the guild.

Kurohitsugi
May 15, 2011, 05:32 AM

Adding to that, Laxus had already a skirmish against Mystgun and Erza. Also he used kaminari to surround the whole city. A spell that can destroy such a large area should require lot of magic energy.

How can we say Laxus is weak ? It sounds more like a joke.

Ifrit
May 15, 2011, 06:12 AM
Adding to that, Laxus had already a skirmish against Mystgun and Erza. Also he used kaminari to surround the whole city. A spell that can destroy such a large area should require lot of magic energy.

How can we say Laxus is weak ? It sounds more like a joke.

Yup.. also not saying that Natsu & Gajeel are weak but they still young (I doubt it tho I think they both are old as Zeref him self 400 years) there is still no explanation why they couldn't get out from Freed spell.
It's said that Natsu one day woke up n Igneel was gone how long did he sleep ?

They still need to learn how to summon their dragon force whenever they want too...from what I saw till now Natsu get his power from his friends around him.

Shiro Tsuki
May 15, 2011, 07:56 AM
I hope you guys are considering a plot where Gil might lose -
I am too lazy to read the other posts :P
But I guess fans are inclined to that possibility!

This was supposed to be the Cana moment - It got quite ruined by her not having enough magic to manage fairy glitter - And seriously that might not be one of the FT plots am used to...(I am yearning to see the complete form of fairy glitter - the same way Mashima is impatient to show it to us!)...

Gil is defeated - on the verge of death - then he reveals to Cana that he knew all along he was his daughter but was ashamed since he left her mom (hell let's suppose this :P) - and Cana goes teary - Her resolve - To protect her father...and fairy glitter BAM! (Yes cheesy - But heck - this is why I read FT! :D)

Some good fight ahead! :)

White Silver King
May 15, 2011, 09:01 AM
*Sigh* I never said Laxus was weak. I said he couldn't touch Gildartz or Makarov (family issues aside), which I stand by. No matter what they did, Gildartz and Makarov would have never been defeated by the Natsu and Gajeel combo. Mak and Gildarts would have humiliated the both them. That doesn't mean Laxus isn't strong, it just means he's not the strongest. And i think people are confusing large area of effect attacks with mega-uber power. Additionally, the fact that he has FL doesn't really matter - Mashima would find some reason why he wouldn't use it just like with Makarov and Hades, it would never be a main magic ability mostly because it makes for a very boring plot.

ca12nag3
May 15, 2011, 10:26 AM
Laxus is too much hyped by the online fanbase, im sorry but thats just it. He is strong. Hes S-Class not for no reason. However what i said is his dragonslayer potential is already at max. So even tho he will probably keep using it it will never reach the level the real dragonslayers can reach.
If that means he will grow with his normal magic ability i dunno. I think personaly hes at his max. *dodges bricks*

As for Gildartz im unsure about him winning or losing. Its possible that due to his injuries Bluenote might get the upper hand using dirty tricks like hitting him where it hurts. In wich case Cana will go beserk and save her dad with FG.

Its also possible that Gildartz wins and after that talks to Cana and then Cana will have her heart issue fixed and be able to use FG, but then against another oponent like Hades or Azuma or w/e.

In any case FG wont go to Lucy like some people say, thats a total A**pull. Its just as much a A**pull for Laxus or Jellal to just show up, sure it would be cool but nothing indicates that would even happen.

The entire will thing of Makarov is also up for grabs since nothing says his will is for Laxus to become guildleader. As far as it goes Makarov conciderd every S-class for guildleader, only Mira opted that Laxus should be guildleader due to inherritance but so far neither of the 3 guildleaders seem to be related at all. So why would his grandson take the position?

daman246
May 15, 2011, 11:02 AM
I personally dont wana see no more Cana moments their annoying as her hopefully gildarts end this or loses and lets natsu end this using some new skill/

RaveDragon
May 15, 2011, 11:51 AM
Natsu will surely get a power up and no it wont be FG lets face it its girly, if he gets it, i think i dont wanna know what will happen to him in the fanbased world not to mention fanfic etc :S he might learn something new from his battle with Zancrow =D

Cana is so having a teary moment with daddy and i cant wait Mashima portrays these moments in such a nice cool way cheesy but not too much and believable

Lucy getting FG was a theory no need to be that harsh with who came up with it, Cana using it to the full to save Gil is also a very close call i must say xD id love to see it in full power with Cana, i like her she's cool ^^ i still have a wierd feeling something might happen to Lucy :/ (lol lets not count what already happened to her, she sure is Lucky Lucy to have come out from all THAT almost unscathed)

Maybe the title to the next chapter refers to actually Zeref's backstory maybe after some BN vs Gil we skip back to Ul and Gray and we get some explanations on him :/

other than that i can only think of Gil and Cana's mother, like him telling Cana somthing about his past and then tells her to take everyone away so he can battle at fullpower.

I do believe this will happen and team natsu will meet Hades at the ship Charle already knows where it is and Natsu might get the 'brilliant' idea to go after them, or else they go to the camp since Lisanna 'asked' him to come but i wanna see Levy kick butt with that new found determination! so id rather the former happened and Lisanna and levy team up to save the bedridden ones, levy's power will come in handy against Rustyrose whose are similar and they might win together

matzik1212
May 15, 2011, 11:53 AM
i really wanna see gildartz's fight this following chapter 'cause he seemed so amazingly strong and let's not forget that he's the first person/mage who made natsu S*** his pants so yeah this must be worth it :XD....i don't think natsu can win this fight against bluenote if he would take him on his own and his magic power must be very low right now the least he can do is to team up with gildartz maybe :)

Ninja_Pirate
May 15, 2011, 12:19 PM
I will still stick to that blue note is the one who will extract FG from cana.. as he said he is capable of it.. and then will be defeated .. its the third best magic of FT but there must b some catch.. since it didnt let cana touch when her heart was in darkness but once she realize the importance of her guild.. she got it.. so the dying moment for blue note shall be.. he will extract FG out of cana (because i dont see the third best magic of guild in hands of someone like cana for future) .. and then will b unable to use it and will be defeated..

RaveDragon
May 15, 2011, 12:34 PM
I will still stick to that blue note is the one who will extract FG from cana.. as he said he is capable of it.. and then will be defeated .. its the third best magic of FT but there must b some catch.. since it didnt let cana touch when her heart was in darkness but once she realize the importance of her guild.. she got it.. so the dying moment for blue note shall be.. he will extract FG out of cana (because i dont see the third best magic of guild in hands of someone like cana for future) .. and then will b unable to use it and will be defeated..

Kind of like a self destruction thing, but then how will we be able to see it in its full glory, i cant think of anyone else but Cana to have the 'right' to use it =/ and the right moment will be when Gil gets hurt and she steps in
we would get the Father /Daughter vs baddie we wanted ^^ and some closure for the two ^^ with no one dieing =D

i think we started lately to sound like Grim Reapers with the and then Mira/Makarov/Gildartz someone even mentioned Lucy (Lucy dies =end of FT since she narrates plus she has so much to do and so much potential for character development) are gonna die

Personally I love a good death scene, Mashima showed good ones in previous works and they were necassary for plot development but if Gil dies we have no connection to Ivan and the black dragon so he's needed, mira come on who will tend to the bar and FT no one but her!, makarov id rather he retired willingly, he might be needed for advice later on for the new master so no need to kill him ^^ (person who likes Granpa makarov =3 he's too funny to die ><)

Mangafan2
May 15, 2011, 01:28 PM
What was the connetion between Gildartz and Ivan?

LoS
May 15, 2011, 02:06 PM
when did this turn into the debate Luxus' strength thread?

:blink

1337 haxor
May 15, 2011, 02:41 PM
when did this turn into the debate Luxus' strength thread?

:blink

Nuff said, people are lacking subjects about current chapter and predictions so they began quarreling over a random fanon pick up loosely mentioned along the thread.

I have an important question, did the release schedule changed?

I am not demanding the next chapter or anything like that, I just want to know if manga stream altered the date of release because that's the fourth week in a row in which it didn't come in Saturday but Monday.

shuha27
May 15, 2011, 02:56 PM
I have an important question, did the release schedule changed?

I am not demanding the next chapter or anything like that, I just want to know if manga stream altered the date of release because that's the fourth week in a row in which it didn't come in Saturday but Monday.

Yup, they did change it.

http://mangastream.com/content/schedule

White Silver King
May 15, 2011, 03:17 PM
God help me if Natsu gets ANOTHER power-up this arc, isn't two victories enough? I mean really.

scareChinaman
May 15, 2011, 03:43 PM
What was the connetion between Gildartz and Ivan?

They just hate each other
Which means Gildartz will at least survive this fight if not win so he can still meet Ivan again.

Nonlife
May 15, 2011, 06:53 PM
God help me if Natsu gets ANOTHER power-up this arc, isn't two victories enough? I mean really.

Amen, brother! (He's like an eccentric, half-focused "Firebender" who never trains - except in battle - & always gets a win against foes who've used "unbeatable" techniques.) I'm hoping it ends up in a draw - similar to Oracion Seis vs. Rave Master group.

Zoro #1
May 15, 2011, 09:08 PM
Amen, brother! (He's like an eccentric, half-focused "Firebender" who never trains - except in battle - & always gets a win against foes who've used "unbeatable" techniques.) I'm hoping it ends up in a draw - similar to Oracion Seis vs. Rave Master group.

I think natsu's next opponent might just be the guy with the glasses(forgot his name). Considering the other guys are either out or somewhere else. Then there is the fight between gildartz and blue note which i'm dying to see can't wait for the chapter to come out, just have to wait for couple more hours hopefully

White Silver King
May 15, 2011, 09:27 PM
Why does he need a "next" opponent? He's had three of a group of seven!