PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Gantz 340 Discussion/341 Prediction Thread

GAT-X252
April 28, 2011, 07:03 PM
RAW is out, you can get it here (http://www.filesonic.com/file/1063495881/Gantz_340.zip).

akirasendoh20
May 23, 2011, 12:15 PM
this is the most awesome cover in gantz history

102jayday
May 23, 2011, 12:32 PM
Epic cover XD Man looks like Kurono is gonna own? Maybe he will hack for weapons like the zashin (or w/e they are) do, even though they said it can only transfer people.

Charlie
May 23, 2011, 04:02 PM
Cover is awesome. Oku make it happen in the chapter. Young mens hearts are not be trampled on. :love

Thanks for the spoiler.

digitaldude
May 23, 2011, 04:53 PM
Not much to say, but I agree with everyone great cover.

Xenos3421
May 23, 2011, 05:28 PM
o please can this happen this week!!!

somebody's gotta get one eventually!

Damura
May 24, 2011, 05:48 AM
Oku should give him the helmet. Wonder what it does, anyway.

thornofcarrion
May 24, 2011, 05:55 AM
Hard to say anything on the cover alone, save for its look good.

abeyance
May 24, 2011, 10:22 AM
Kei has the "Come to my world. Kidnap my girlfriend. Kill millions of people. Then try to make me and other Gantz Hunters look like the ENEMY! I don't think so." This will be more epic than Cherry going Akira. Kei has always had unnatural survival skills against aliens (seems to suck vs regular humans) Now he's getting a power exo suit (or at least what it should be called since everyone already has powersuits)

RDN-567
May 24, 2011, 01:36 PM
The cover looks awesome.. but there was also an IronMan-Kaze cover before.. that never happened. So i think its just a cool teaser. Yet.

Byder
May 24, 2011, 01:54 PM
The cover looks awesome.. but there was also an IronMan-Kaze cover before.. that never happened. So i think its just a cool teaser. Yet.

Had the EXACT same thought and posted it one Facebook as someone commented the new cover. That's why I'm not hyped.

goldb
May 24, 2011, 02:07 PM
:faint That cover is so awesome! Hopefully the chapter can live up to the awesomeness

SK-Hao
May 24, 2011, 03:33 PM
Cover looks so sweet. Can't wait for 340!

102jayday
May 24, 2011, 07:13 PM
Once they had a nice colour cover of kei with a H gun and now he has one so it could be possible one day that he gets a G suit.

Damura
May 24, 2011, 07:18 PM
I don't see him getting the suit.. ever. It's not possible any more according to Oku's new rules.

Charlie
May 24, 2011, 07:24 PM
I don't see him getting the suit.. ever. It's not possible any more according to Oku's new rules.

Did they mention not getting weapons? There could be some in one of those rooms.

EliteBeatAgents
May 24, 2011, 09:12 PM
Did they mention not getting weapons? There could be some in one of those rooms.

The keanu guy claims gantz can't revive, heal, and make weapons. All gantz can do is transfer people(which is stupid in my opinion) which is why the keanu guy had a ready to die attitude.

Charlie
May 24, 2011, 09:15 PM
The keanu guy claims gantz can't revive, heal, and make weapons. All gantz can do is transfer people(which is stupid in my opinion) which is why the keanu guy had a ready to die attitude.

Yeah I remember the part he talks about transfers but I didnt remember about weapons. I hope they can get it somehow.

EliteBeatAgents
May 24, 2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah I remember the part he talks about transfers but I didnt remember about weapons. I hope they can get it somehow.

It's kinda implied when Kei brings up " with gantz we can get more weapons..etc." that's when keanu burst his bubble.

Charlie
May 24, 2011, 09:33 PM
It's kinda implied when Kei brings up " with gantz we can get more weapons..etc." that's when keanu burst his bubble.

Ture I guess. I'm still hoping for somekind of way that Kei can use it.
I assume he will need that for the brad alien leader.

EliteBeatAgents
May 24, 2011, 09:38 PM
Ture I guess. I'm still hoping for somekind of way that Kei can use it.
I assume he will need that for the brad alien leader.

I doubt kei would need it, we seen how capable he is with what he has, or don't have(black suit) so kei should be able to take the hero alien down.

Also I was told kei is going to die again the series(or someone important) is that true?

Charlie
May 24, 2011, 09:42 PM
I doubt kei would need it, we seen how capable he is with what he has, or don't have(black suit) so kei should be able to take the hero alien down.

Also I was told kei is going to die again the series(or someone important) is that true?

I havent heard that. Did you hear it in some interview or just discussion somewhere?

Damura
May 24, 2011, 10:43 PM

Yeah 'cause there's going to be a complete suit of armor specific to Kei's height and body shape sitting in the room. With a mech.

Charlie
May 24, 2011, 10:45 PM
Yeah 'cause there's going to be a complete suit of armor specific to Kei's height and body shape sitting in the room. With a mech.

Ah good point. :sweat.

I totally forgot about the size thing. :xp.

Anyway, I'm still holding out hope that Oku will do something special here.

Damura
May 25, 2011, 01:49 AM
I would like to see someone get a suit but it just isn't possible at the moment.

We've got Kei1 and Cherry running around the alien city, Nishi in the apartment and the rest of the team in the meat processing factory.

I think for someone to get any new equipment they have to make a deal with someone in charge of the technology in Tokyo or they'd have to side with the 'leaders' or whatever. The only characters that will ever be transferred by them again are Kei1 and Cherry.

Next chapter we'll probably be back with Tae and those weird soldiers.

102jayday
May 25, 2011, 08:03 AM
Page 10 made me say awwwww. Poor little giant girl.... well cherry will kill all now, nice that Nishi know's some english and wow what the hell is with those aliens being transfer into the room? Little takashi can knock away 2 of them but idk bout Nishi, cause the H gun won't work in that small room, unless his got a X gun or whatever it is.

Damura
May 25, 2011, 08:38 AM
haha, he actually did it. Cherry's insane.

This chapter was so good... I want to see what the American's sent Nishi. Those aliens look tough. According to the image Nishi doesn't have any weapons? Time to pull a H-gun out of his ass? Finally we get to see him DO something.

The fact that someone has access to the Gantz transfer system changes everything. Perhaps this is part of that peace treaty with the Japanese government. Whatever, Gantz is near useless now. It's extremely dangerous to be around.

Importantly, if the Gantz man dies here the team is stuck on the mothership AND they can be 'used' by other teams.

I wonder if the 'leaders' sent them. If everyone was blocking their signals or whatever that would be reason to try and disrupt their Gantz balls.

GAT-X252
May 25, 2011, 08:55 AM
Aliens have space compression factories (the alien city is bigger than the ship itself).

Gantz was hacked.

Shinsatsu
May 25, 2011, 09:35 AM
Awesome chapter. The best part was that Cherry REALLY did it. I thought he'd back off and cry like a baby but I underestimated him.

Hoanek SJ
May 25, 2011, 10:15 AM
If anyone have interested ... Chapter 340 english is on:
http://xscansx.forummotion.com/n1428-gantz-340

But I'll wait for the version of Utopia too of course . :)

RDN-567
May 25, 2011, 12:00 PM
wow! chapter is awesome! best one in a long time
cherry almighty!
kei has an alien friend!
tae finds allies!
americans give strategy hints!
nishi is fucked!
and give me gantz visual book and gantz/k please. and that other two on the ad too!

According to the image Nishi doesn't have any weapons? Time to pull a H-gun out of his ass? Finally we get to see him DO something.
The gantz ball is next to him, with full of weapon, he can grab an x-riffle.

I wonder if the 'leaders' sent them. If everyone was blocking their signals or whatever that would be reason to try and disrupt their Gantz balls.
I think its not their work. It could have been predicted, if they could hack the balls, than why couldn't the aliens?

Btw, how ironic, that the gantz man calls himself "protector"? (in the xscanx translation)

EliteBeatAgents
May 25, 2011, 01:11 PM
Well at least Cherry's powers are getting stronger.

Charlie
May 25, 2011, 01:49 PM
Does this chapter make it clear that he is talking to Tonkotsu? (voice)
Cherry was pretty bad ass, he took everyone out. Then he goes out and checks up on the granny and kid. Seriously....

I was not expecting the aliens to hack Gantz or at least be able o send their people (bugs) through it.

The Gantz guy said he couldn't hack into the area that Nishi wanted get into. Something about compressing (compression technology). All this new stuff is rather interesting.

9tails23
May 25, 2011, 01:51 PM
I guess nishi finally got that weak point information he wanted, I'm glad they hacked gantz and sent something through finally we can see what he and the brat can do at least if they can't survive those small insect things they were worthless anyway

RDN-567
May 25, 2011, 02:19 PM
Its a bit confusing that the other gantzers aren't in the room, and in ch339 they where there. Oku taking ~3 chapters just for handshaking, and now not a single box showing the team teleporting in or out...

M-Hario
May 25, 2011, 02:30 PM
Scan is out, enjoy it.

Thanks to mote for translating this chapter.

http://mangatopia.net/manga/gantz-en/chapter/340

See you.

gameboy234
May 25, 2011, 05:06 PM
To RDN-567, the rescue of the civilian is only at barely 60%. I guess the team came back to have a break or there had to be tp back at base in order to tp to a new location in the spaceship.

Those reading the xscansx, pls note that 1 page is missing which i discovered after reading utopia.

Great chapter, especially after waiting this long.
The cover pic of kurono is damm cool.
Some interesting development going on. Their base being intruded, i hope nishi and boy survived to tell the info..

What is space air compression facility? Is it the reason why the inside of the ship is so big? Exterior size is not equal to interior...

Damura
May 25, 2011, 06:58 PM
So I guess those compression factories are the weak point. Fuck with them and the whole thing wouldn't work at all. What happens though, an explosion? or does everything expand and then get crushed, or something?

This may explain why some aliens are bigger than others.You'd think they could create small soldiers and send THEM instead of aliens.

GAT-X252
May 25, 2011, 07:06 PM
Those monster things in the gantz room (they appeared before) could be like the insects in the tunnel between the meat factory and the streets of the giant city.

I doubt there is a giant version of them.

Damura
May 25, 2011, 07:11 PM
Does this chapter make it clear that he is talking to Tonkotsu? (voice)

Not necessarily. He could just be ignoring the voice and referring to his promise to Tonkotsu to get revenge.

But yeah, it does seem fairly likely that he at least thinks he's talking to Tonkotsu.
[hr]

Those monster things in the gantz room (they appeared before) could be like the insects in the tunnel between the meat factory and the streets of the giant city.

I doubt there is a giant version of them.

Wasn't what I meant. I didn't think there would be giant spider things running around. I just figured that if they could enlarge their actual soldiers (like Blondie) they could shrink them if they needed to.

Charlie
May 25, 2011, 07:13 PM
Those bugs don't look too powerful. Nishi and the kid should take them out.
There was a bit of translation difference between the earlier scan from the other group and Utopia.

My guess is that utopia was correct since gat also mentioned the Gantz was hacked.

What does nishis line on this page mean? (http://mangatopia.net/manga/gantz-en/chapter/340/page/20)

"can we offer this to the giants"? The compression technology is already theirs. Can someone explain?

So I guess those compression factories are the weak point. Fuck with them and the whole thing wouldn't work at all. What happens though, an explosion? or does everything expand and then get crushed, or something?

This may explain why some aliens are bigger than others.You'd think they could create small soldiers and send THEM instead of aliens.

It seems like that is the target. If that is taken out my guess is that the room thats been compressed would expand to a huge scale or explode as you said. Either-way it would mess up the aliens plans.

Who hacked Gantz?

Maybe that Sebastien guy is involved somehow. Anyway things seem to be progressing to the end of days here.

Damura
May 25, 2011, 07:16 PM
What does Nishi mean by "can we offer this to the giants"?

GAT-X252
May 25, 2011, 07:28 PM
I think Nishi said something like "bring one of the giants", that's what i understood.

For information i guess.

EDIT: What did the other version said about the hacking stuff?

Charlie
May 25, 2011, 07:41 PM
I think Nishi said something like "bring one of the giants", that's what i understood.

For information i guess.

EDIT: What did the other version said about the hacking stuff?

here (http://imageshack.us/m/220/9750/30936291.jpg) (uppd to imgage shack.)

compare with utopias version here (http://mangatopia.net/manga/gantz-en/chapter/340/page/20).

gameboy234
May 25, 2011, 07:42 PM
xscansx : can you send through it?
utopia : can we offer this to the giants?

Actually both translation is mind boggling.
Few interpretation:
-Send the location of the factory
-Tp them to the location

GAT-X252
May 25, 2011, 08:07 PM
I'm sure Nishi was asking Gantz to send a "Giant Dude".

Kurono asked Gantz in the same way when he wanted the old man back using the verb "dasu".

http://foros.mcanime.net/manga_enlinea/gantz/raws/12245/7#ver

Maybe i was wrong with Gantz saying he is being hacked, but i'm sure Nishi was asking Gantz if he was being hacked.

9tails23
May 25, 2011, 08:10 PM
hey you know the cell phone group they are talking 2 could they be the group that kurono saved they were a pretty big group would be interesting for them to meet up and discuss what has been going on

mote
May 25, 2011, 09:39 PM

Kurono asked Gantz in the same way when he wanted the old man back using the verb "dasu".

Maybe i was wrong with Gantz saying he is being hacked, but i'm sure Nishi was asking Gantz if he was being hacked.

Oops. You're probably right, GAT. dasu means sort of like "to bring out," but also to "show". I read it as Nishi asking "can you show the giants?" But "can you bring out a giant?" is a lot more likely. Sorry bout that.

And yeah, Gantz is saying his "protection" (software protection or whatever) is being hacked.

SK-Hao
May 25, 2011, 10:13 PM
These revelations are amazing this chapter was so intense. Cherry is a weapon of mass destruction, his intense desire to kill really made his powers increase. He is the strongest character on Gantz now. He can kill anyone with his mind. If he had a G-suit he would be un-killable.

Is the alien ship really the size of America? that seems like an exaggeration. I thought it was the size of Tokyo.

And Gantz gets hacked.

Charlie
May 25, 2011, 10:27 PM
I forgot to mention this but everyone has seen the cover page right.

The text on the bottom part of the suit left arm says "hydrogen fueled engine".

The upper top left and midsection right side both says " super physical strength system".

The upper top right side says "power assistance".

Pretty crazy stuff. Any thoughts?

GAT-X252
May 25, 2011, 10:50 PM
These revelations are amazing this chapter was so intense. Cherry is a weapon of mass destruction, his intense desire to kill really made his powers increase. He is the strongest character on Gantz now. He can kill anyone with his mind. If he had a G-suit he would be un-killable.

Is the alien ship really the size of America? that seems like an exaggeration. I thought it was the size of Tokyo.

And Gantz gets hacked.

Yes, Sakurai is HAX right now...maybe Sebastian could be stronger or the Zaibatsu guys wearing the powered suits. Thing is, he could probably take "blondie" alone.

The ship is smaller than Tokyo but the inside is at least the size of North America thanks to the compressed space tech the aliens have.

I imagine the inside of the ship has a "hollow earth" perspective due to the buildings in the sky.

Damura
May 25, 2011, 11:15 PM
Some bits of each ship must be similar if the Americans could send an accurate map of the meat processing plant.

If the Tokyo ship is similar to Tokyo and the American one is similar to N. America maybe multiple ships are linked? Or the designs are purely there to fuck with the audience.

thornofcarrion
May 26, 2011, 04:17 AM
Very interesting chapter. Sakurai is on a killing spree, but having inner-self conflicts. The way he is killing the aliens, seems no one else at the moment can mimic it.

playerdude
May 26, 2011, 10:22 AM
the only one at the moment that can mimic Sakurai's way of killing is Sebastian. unfortunately, he's no where to be seen since his talk with the reporter. hope he hasn't joined up with the aliens, in which case, I can imagine a scenario where Sakurai would be pitted against him and have an epic battle of the psychic minds.

Mikihara
May 26, 2011, 10:24 AM
That Sakurai guy could go REALLY mad if he wants to...now that he had achieved such level, it would be really useful if he could snap out of his craziness and join the other Gantzers in their battles. Yay, more panels are focused on Sakurai rather than Tae running naked around this time :)
Funny why no one questioned about Sakurai and the vampires' whereabouts up until now =/

And I'm going to kill someone if Nishi's dead

9tails23
May 26, 2011, 11:06 AM
nishi better not go out like a punk he sweating and hyperventilating while the kid calm as a cucumber, well they do have the rifles so i guess he'll use those now we'll see what he can do with his michael Jackson leather jacket finally

Spartacus
May 26, 2011, 12:27 PM
Are those beasts wearing gantz-suits too?
This is just for chance for the kid to shine and kick some alien ass.

It's Nishi's job to watch, yell in agony, turn invisible, and do a commentary on what is happening in the fight between muscle-rider kid & alien beasts.

gameboy234
May 26, 2011, 12:34 PM

Read the chinese vers. If i'm not wrong, the 'Giant dude' means the gorilla suit?

An indoor fight is gonna be tough. Takeshi close combat skills will be useful.
It will be hilarious to see the look of Takeshi when Nishi turn invisible leaving him alone.

GAT-X252
May 26, 2011, 01:31 PM
I think nishi was talking about a giant (what did the chinese version said?).

He probably wanted one for information.

Kenshi
May 26, 2011, 02:15 PM
xscansx : can you send through it?
utopia : can we offer this to the giants?

Actually both translation is mind boggling.
Few interpretation:
-Send the location of the factory
-Tp them to the location

In the spanish version say "Can you bring one of the giants?

EliteBeatAgents
May 26, 2011, 02:43 PM
Judging how Cherry's powers gotten I'm not surprised if he dies from super aging due to his powers.

Rye
May 26, 2011, 03:20 PM
I have faith in Nishi this time.

gameboy234
May 26, 2011, 03:58 PM
I think nishi was talking about a giant (what did the chinese version said?).

He probably wanted one for information.

Chinese vers. - Can you get that gundam weapon?

warbandit66
May 26, 2011, 03:59 PM
I have faith in Nishi this time.

Me too actually. I often relish any opportunity to bash the little bastard but I have to give credit where credit is due. He's actually taking some real initiative there.

goldb
May 26, 2011, 04:32 PM
Really good chapter, excellent cliffhanger. I hope Nishi and Takeshi are alright and it was some interesting info Nishi was on...Maybe that's gonna be their way to take down the alien spaceship.

Lee-tyme7
May 26, 2011, 05:46 PM
hmm...did we ever seen the mother ship b4? Or was the big ship with 4 legs is the mother ship?
What was Nishi trying to get? A weapon? and how come non of these guys go in full gear like how that one dude in the Osaka arc did with the flying air craft and Guyver like armor.

GAT-X252
May 26, 2011, 05:52 PM
The mothership if the alien ship that landed in Tokyo.

Chinese vers. - Can you get that gundam weapon?

Well that's weird, it doesn't say anything like that, it says:

"Gantz! Can you bring a giant guy?"

Also, Nishi already knows that Gantz can only transfer and work as a comunication device. Asking for a weapon class thing makes no sense.

Damura
May 26, 2011, 06:32 PM
haha what the hell is a gundam weapon?

Judau Ashta
May 26, 2011, 08:42 PM
It wouldn't really be that hard to kill Sakurai. Just use a long range weapon. The soldier suits should offer protection against him too. They have been to different worlds, it would be stupid for them not to prepare for an encounter with a race that could have psychic powers.

I'm actually surprised none of the aliens are able to resist it. You would think with their world gone, they would've have been forced to evolve a little bit. They do have 4 eyes and a larger brain, they should at least have more capabilities than a human.

Foxfeeder
May 26, 2011, 10:07 PM
The scanlators do a great job overall, and this issue is no exception... but sadly this 'send it to the giants' bit is a big boo-boo on their part. My own vocab and lingo doesn't stretch too far, but I've read and heard enough to get this one.

The line in Japanese is 'GANTZ! dekai yatsu dasenai ka?'
Dekai means huge- AFAIK giants, however, are normally called kyoujin 'giant people' I believe.
Yatsu is an informal term used to stand for 'thing' or used with relation to people with a meaning similar to 'guy.'
Dasu is the verb meaning 'to put out' and related ideas. It's not commonly used with relation to person-to-person communication, and if it was being used that way there'd normally be an extra particle.

In the context, where Nishi has just discovered the weak point facility of the ship- no doubt a sizable and well protected plant, and with Nishi's probable desire to go it alone-
it's almost certain he's asking for some big piece of Gantz hardware... of which there aren't that many that would fit the situation, so...

That in mind, the translation should probably be-

'Gantz! Gimme that massive suit!' ie the G-suit.

We now return you to your normal programming...

York
May 26, 2011, 10:25 PM
Great chapter, and awesome cover-art. Feel bad that Sakurai's pretty far gone. Lasting this long, I guess he was always more powerful than Sakata. If Sebastian's really a psychic, gotta wonder how far apart they are in power.

I like that Tae's found more people that have gotten out (or maybe in on the soldier's part). We haven't seen civilians really stand up for themselves since the start of all this, so nice that the Gantzers aren't the only one's with some progress. As little as it may be.

Not sure how much I would trust Kei's former hostage, but I guess we'll see.

And if they were hacked, I guess the invaders do know about their Gantz tech then.

He probably has H-guns on standby (which I guess could end up bringing down the roof/building), I don't think Nishi's done for yet, don't know about Takeshi sadly.

As for that line of Nishi's. Another translation I read said "Gantz, can you send through it?"
I just assumed he was planning to go in and bring down the ship himself, despite any survivors that are still on it.

GAT-X252
May 27, 2011, 01:03 AM
That in mind, the translation should probably be-

'Gantz! Gimme that massive suit!' ie the G-suit.

We now return you to your normal programming...

But he already knows Gantz can't do that...

http://www.mcanime.net/manga_enlinea/gantz/raws/176052/4#ver

I still believe he was talking about a giant.

digitaldude
May 27, 2011, 01:41 AM
At first I thought a bad ass gantz team was going to appear but then it turned out to be some really weird aliens, and since the giants use similar technology to gantz I guess they would have no problem hacking the gantz man.

GAT-X252
May 27, 2011, 01:44 AM
I knew they were the spider aliens from the very beggining lol (Yes, i'm a nerd).

Well...i wouldn't say they use similar tech. Gantz creates people from scratch, transfers and stuff...the aliens haven't shown such tech yet.

Lee-tyme7
May 27, 2011, 04:34 AM
I thought those aliens were part of the invasion? Arn't they the little one rounding up people to be capture? They did just hack Gantz and are about to ambush Nishi right?

Damura
May 27, 2011, 06:15 AM
It wouldn't really be that hard to kill Sakurai. Just use a long range weapon. The soldier suits should offer protection against him too. They have been to different worlds, it would be stupid for them not to prepare for an encounter with a race that could have psychic powers.

I'm actually surprised none of the aliens are able to resist it. You would think with their world gone, they would've have been forced to evolve a little bit. They do have 4 eyes and a larger brain, they should at least have more capabilities than a human.

Weapons don't really work on Sakurai. He's shown he can repel them. He can sense people from fucking miles away now too, and his psychic ability reaches a huge area. Someone would have to know he's in the area. At the moment noone left alive knows what Cherry is or looks like.

Lets say a bunch of guys drop dead, the aliens know it's Cherry. They have to figure out where the hell he is and then snipe him from a huge distance away. Not easy considering they don't know his limits and he's the size of a mouse.

Also, how are they supposed to resist it? Cherry psychicly dismantles pieces of their brains.

GAT-X252
May 27, 2011, 07:39 AM
I thought those aliens were part of the invasion? Arn't they the little one rounding up people to be capture? They did just hack Gantz and are about to ambush Nishi right?

Yes they are, but "hacking" i something new between the alien ranks.

Digitaldude is saying the aliens have similar tech, but if they did then the should be able to bring people back from the death, instant transportation like the gantz transfer, gravity weapons...etc.

This hacking could be related to something else. Could be the Zaibatsu or the government helping the giants, remember the german guy who was behing gantz said politicians were part of the gamblers group. They used the gantz ball itself to bring those aliens there.

Foxfeeder
May 27, 2011, 08:14 AM
Not going to engage in a running debate but just to clarify...

In the previous scene where the Gantz team found out Gantz was effectively crippled, the whole team was there and Nishi had no reason to urgently request anything anyway, though the situation sure freaked him out! After that, the team accepted it and moved on, and Nishi probably accepted it as well- but again, he didn't need anything in particular yet anyway, he was soon more interested in the weak point. Remember, this was the first time Gantz functions were clearly unavailable- the sheer shock that this could happen would have left the team members reeling for a while. For Gantzman too this would have been near unprecedented- he might just have assumed some infrastructure had been damaged, rather than it being a 'software' problem.

But in this scene, Nishi's pretty much alone, with now a very strong motive to request powerful new gear- he needs to destroy, by himself, a large facility (on Giants' scale no less!) which will probably be well guarded- protection and hitting power would be at a premium here. Note how he swears repeatedly when the Gantzman tells him he can't comply- it's urgent now, and he's pressuring Gantz to get to the root of the problem and sort it out if possible. Then Gantz traces the hack which was crippling its systems, only to alert the hackers, who use the hacked system to send the bug team...

(By the way, if the hackers can see through Gantz's camera at the moment, they would know the room is almost empty- thus they might well want to take the opportunity to take physical control of the place now that the Gantzers there are getting close to fixing the hack...)

Again, the verb 'dasu' has a meaning akin to '-ing out' and isn't generally used by itself for place to place sending or person to person communication. The only other plausible thing Nishi would be doing- as we know he wants to destroy the giants, and has no dealings with them- is requesting a transfer; but that is normally covered by a different verb, eg at the start of 337, second box, start of middle line (densou? tensou?). So that seems out too. And in any case, transfers aren't blocked, so why would there be a problem! He wouldn't start swearing and shouting over that.

He HAS to be asking for a blocked function, whatever the line means, and that doesn't leave many options. That gives strong context for my interpretation- and Japanese is very dependent on context. Remember there has been no real investigation up to now about the block on Gantz's functions- the Gantzman reported the block previously, but little more than that. This time is different- with very different consequences.

GAT-X252
May 27, 2011, 08:41 AM
And in any case, transfers aren't blocked, so why would there be a problem! He wouldn't start swearing and shouting over that.

Gantz can't transfer so easily as you believe.

If he could then the Gantz Team wouldn't need to go to the points where the people are imprisoned inside the ship. The Hunters come first and then the people are transfered, Gantz clearly can't transfer them before any contact with the hunters.

That's why Nishi is asking if he can bring a giant, Gatz says, Nishi gets angry and asks why.

I believe that's what the whole scene was about...the zaibatsu asked for a giant to get information, i think Nishi would do the same. Ask about the factory, if there are any threats inside or stuff like that.

In any case, there are other ways to ask for a 100 point weapon...like the verb kureru.

http://www.mcanime.net/manga_enlinea/gantz/raws/11458/14#ver

And god...there are other ways to talk about the Gantz Suit or the Gantz Robot, "Dekai yatsu" could mean so many things.

That's it i guess...not going to engage in a discussion either.

Mmod
May 27, 2011, 09:17 AM
It seems like that is the target. If that is taken out my guess is that the room thats been compressed would expand to a huge scale or explode as you said.

It would expand and fall down to Earth. It would kill all the aliens inside the city since the city is upside down.

mote
May 27, 2011, 04:06 PM
Again, the verb 'dasu' has a meaning akin to '-ing out' and isn't generally used by itself for place to place sending or person to person communication.

Well, "[reportは/を]でかい奴[に]出せないか?" ("Can you send the report to the giants?") is a perfectly acceptable sentence. But I agree that that's probably not what Nishi meant. I think you could be right and he was asking for a gorilla/mech suit. I didn't consider that, but his reaction would make more sense then.

Oh well, it's kind of a moot point.

EliteBeatAgents
May 27, 2011, 04:07 PM
It would expand and fall down to Earth. It would kill all the aliens inside the city since the city is upside down.

best bet would be if that's where their food supply is then they should mostly poison it. In my opinion I would honestly destroy their hospitals and kill their kids, but that's just me if it came to war.

GAT-X252
May 27, 2011, 05:02 PM

Well, there is a city upside down as you can see in the sky inside the alien ship, but there is also a city in the ground.

best bet would be if that's where their food supply is then they should mostly poison it. In my opinion I would honestly destroy their hospitals and kill their kids, but that's just me if it came to war.

That would take too much time. Also, the entire earth is filled with animals that can be used as food suply, even if they started attacking hospitals and such it wouldn't take long before the soldiers started to protect such areas.

If they blow up the compressor factory, who knows what's going to happen. I think there would be a huge explosion that would destroy the ship and it's surroundings.

Charlie
May 27, 2011, 07:27 PM
- Could what Nishi wanted to "bring out", be the alien " space compression facility / technology"?

That makes more sense to me.

York
May 27, 2011, 08:20 PM
best bet would be if that's where their food supply is then they should mostly poison it.

Technically speaking the rescue team's already screwing with food supplies.
(and you know, relieving themselves in their fridge)

EliteBeatAgents
May 27, 2011, 11:35 PM
Well, there is a city upside down as you can see in the sky inside the alien ship, but there is also a city in the ground.

That would take too much time. Also, the entire earth is filled with animals that can be used as food suply, even if they started attacking hospitals and such it wouldn't take long before the soldiers started to protect such areas.

If they blow up the compressor factory, who knows what's going to happen. I think there would be a huge explosion that would destroy the ship and it's surroundings.

They maybe be true, but all we seen so far is that they have slaughter houses for humans.
[hr]

Technically speaking the rescue team's already screwing with food supplies.
(and you know, relieving themselves in their fridge)

True, and it seems they're still harvesting humans judging from the rescue. Speaking of rescue the army men who saved Tae, did they ever explain how they got there? as well are they ok with the whole "peace between the race?

shinotenshi
May 27, 2011, 11:41 PM
Those "bugs" who were sent after Gantz was hacked makes me think they're actually aliens who are wearing their own world's version of Gantz suits, and used their Gantz system to travel to Earths to help the Gantzers against the giants.

The things on their back looks a lot like a breathing tank, and the thing on their heads looks a lot like a helmet. The little round capsules on each of their helmets looks a little similar to the Ganzter's capsules on their suit.

If the giants were the one who hacked Gantz, then why would they have put out the "terrorist" message out there for the humans when they could have just transferred into the Gantz rooms and killed all of them, or hacked the Gantz balls to transfer all the living Gantzers in the database to their prison.

Charlie
May 28, 2011, 12:11 AM
@ shinotenshi: Its hard to say how they hacked Gantz. How much of its compromised or who helped them. Even Gantz guy was surprised. Someone human force had to be in on this. My guess is Sebastien doing something.

About the "terrorist" question.

Maybe they managed to hack the system or parts of it after declaring that.

GAT-X252
May 28, 2011, 12:51 AM
Those "bugs" who were sent after Gantz was hacked makes me think they're actually aliens who are wearing their own world's version of Gantz suits, and used their Gantz system to travel to Earths to help the Gantzers against the giants.

The things on their back looks a lot like a breathing tank, and the thing on their heads looks a lot like a helmet. The little round capsules on each of their helmets looks a little similar to the Ganzter's capsules on their suit.

They work for the giants.

http://www.mcanime.net/manga_enlinea/gantz/raws/44763/1#ver

http://www.mcanime.net/manga_enlinea/gantz/raws/88701/23#ver

The tank is a smaller version of the giant soldiers tanks and they usually use a smaller version of the giant soldiers bazooka...but not this time.

I think they are trained animals of the giants homeworld or from a planet they previously invaded.

jojoSB
May 28, 2011, 03:49 AM
I'm not familiar with how/ what the Gantz ball has done,....
but is the Gantz room itself a compression space itself?
Maybe Nishi and the kid will start running around inside the Gantz house?

102jayday
May 28, 2011, 08:42 AM
Okay interesting chapter, man I find the little alien girls death really sad...
No way could the aliens hack gantz, they would need the information of the balls, a inside man. Maybe the vampires gave them info or zaibatsu leak them information in order to have gantzers force to fight aliens and take each other out then the zaibatsu take control when all are weak. Nishi needs to grab two guns behind him and hit the two aliens on the left while takashi needs to do kaze's move to knock back the others into the wall. Reason why I said the vampires because in the city ship they had the fangs poster again which reminded me of the vampires.

I got a feeling they are going to kill Nishi (better not...) they just did a random chapter of him and when a character gets information about a weakness or big information they like get killed off before anyone gets to know about it...

@Charlie
Maybe Sebastien is like the inside man? Leaking the information and all because it looks like he has some sort of control over gantz with the random killings and the transfer and when he did all that the aliens began their attack. Who knows he could be the one behind the zaibatsu too.

GAT-X252
May 28, 2011, 10:55 AM
I'm not familiar with how/ what the Gantz ball has done,....
but is the Gantz room itself a compression space itself?
Maybe Nishi and the kid will start running around inside the Gantz house?

Well, maybe the Gantz ball has that kind of tech...it can hold inside all of the guns and the suit cases, and that's a lot for such small space.

The Gantz room seems pretty normal to me.

Shinsatsu
May 28, 2011, 11:56 AM
I think Nishi is going to use the hiding device and let Takeshi fight for his life -_- It's pretty absurd but that's how Nishi is.
I think that the aliens should at least be able to intercept the communication between the Gantzers and act accordingly, if not hack the entire system and get as much info as they want.

ownage404
May 28, 2011, 01:09 PM
I hope nishi has realized, that now the invisibility doesn't work as good as before
The aliens since he vampires know that the Gantzers just change frequinces and have ways now to see them
But man this chapter was CRAAZY! Favourite in a while, it had like 3-4 plot developments which i did not expect at all.
If any more of the cast die next chapter I'll be so sad. I finally like this group since Izumi left. Nishi is the sociopathic relief(made that term up) and takeshi is the reason why Kaze is still here.

Mikihara
May 28, 2011, 02:53 PM
"Tekai yatsu dasenai ka?" specifically means:

Tekai: big
Yatsu: an informal form for the meaning 'person'
Dasenai: Can't bring out [dasu: bring out]
So the sentence means: "Can't you bring out that big guy?"
Which also shares the same meaning of "Can you transfer the giant?", etc.

And by the way, everyone seemed to forgot how Gantz is going to make his own escape...

jide
May 28, 2011, 04:35 PM
Liked this chapter, if there was a score board cherry would at the top by a mile.
Shame he over clocked himself, he’s going to drop dead sooner or later.

I find it strange that in the giant’s spaceship in all places they find an Iphone on the floor...
It's ringing when they get to it.

Nishi always gets us information finally asking for the weak point in the ship.
The ball getting hacked is another puzzle, guess either the giants got smart or they got info from someone else.

I'll laugh if the gantz man in the last second put bombs in the insect’s heads and made them all explode in the next chapter. XD

firebo14
May 28, 2011, 06:25 PM
Cherry transcended. Im slightly sure he will grow stronger, his psychic and barrier are growing and he will be more resistant to the adverse effects. The power inside him is unpredictable. :)

And to the dude that say he will age to death.......... probably not. .. :]

Wow... and big post below me... o.o

dot dot dot

Foxfeeder
May 28, 2011, 07:39 PM
Damn, just couldn't let some of these recent comments lie, could I... oh well, here we go again...

Mikihara, while I respect an honest effort to decipher the line in question, you are leaving out several critical points.

Firstly, yatsu is very often used in informal Japanese speech to refer to things. Often in anime male characters might refer to '(insert description here)-tte yatsu' to refer to objects- it can refer to a person, of course, but it would need a clear context and it has a rather rough, almost pejorative sense in either case. The meaning is like the attitude of 'guy' or 'him' blended with the sense of 'thing' or 'it'. Listen out for it.

Secondly, as I tried to explain before, dasu is never or almost never used for transfers in Gantz ( and would need made or ni), and anyway- used by itself dasu can only refer to the perspective of the person being addressed. Anything coming from the giant ship would fail to match this.

Thirdly, there are strict limits to the actions of the Gantz system- we have seen no sign in the series that it can transfer or seriously affect anything not already logged somehow in its systems. (Excepting of course the first time someone comes to the room after dying outside, but that phase is over now anyway). Thus if Nishi is after a giant, or any other random giant thing out there (and why?), he'd have to hunt one down himself- Gantz can't give him one!

But fourthly and more generally, you are not putting enough weight on the context and character motivations. Japanese requires working with immediate context in order for it to actually work. While we readers learned earlier that Gantz had functions blocked, none of that proved that the functions were permanently disabled. Nishi's having an urgent motivation to gain powerful equipment therefore still makes sense, hence his frustrations... Thus the immediate context of the line still points, thanks to the 'out from the listener's perspective' sense of dasu, to possessions of the listener, ie Gantzman. 'Dekai yatsu' then could be any pretty large, immediately-useful-to-speaker possession the Gantzman could dig out- but as bikes, guns etc would normally be called by more obviously suitable words, the G-suit is left as the best remaining candidate for what Nishi is after. Context is all, in Japanese- so don't expect any better clues.

Man I sound like a computer at times. Sorry about that. But seriously guys- calm down with the wild assertions and go with what we are being shown panel by panel, page by page. The story will make a lot more sense that way. It seems a lot of people are just throwing in their ideas without thinking them through properly, and while this is a public forum, that is the kind of thing that drives away a lot of people. (It sure as hell annoyed my history teacher at school!) Oku puts a lot of thought into his work- if people put a bit more into their own posts it would go a long way.

Just like to say again, not trying to have a go at the scanlators generally- they do a fantastic job 99% of the time. Keep up the great work!

P.S. Just like to had that I have studied Japanese of and on for 10 years or more, formally and informally, and I've come to grasp the common stuff pretty well. I'm not plucking this out of thin air. If anyone wants to find out for themselves, they're welcome to do more J-study and come up with better arguments. I don't write walls of text for my health you know!!

RDN-567
May 29, 2011, 01:06 AM
Maybe Kurono dropped his phone, and thats what the soldiers have found. And Fara called them... or its an alien's trap.

I hope Cherry wont die for a long time.. but if he does, he should trigger his friends mind, as Sakata did with his, so they also become psychics... :>

Mikihara
May 29, 2011, 02:42 AM
Damn, just couldn't let some of these recent comments lie, could I... oh well, here we go again...

Mikihara, while I respect an honest effort to decipher the line in question, you are leaving out several critical points.

Firstly, yatsu is very often used in informal Japanese speech to refer to things. Often in anime male characters might refer to '(insert description here)-tte yatsu' to refer to objects- it can refer to a person, of course, but it would need a clear context and it has a rather rough, almost pejorative sense in either case. The meaning is like the attitude of 'guy' or 'him' blended with the sense of 'thing' or 'it'. Listen out for it.

Secondly, as I tried to explain before, dasu is never or almost never used for transfers in Gantz ( and would need made or ni), and anyway- used by itself dasu can only refer to the perspective of the person being addressed. Anything coming from the giant ship would fail to match this.

Thirdly, there are strict limits to the actions of the Gantz system- we have seen no sign in the series that it can transfer or seriously affect anything not already logged somehow in its systems. (Excepting of course the first time someone comes to the room after dying outside, but that phase is over now anyway). Thus if Nishi is after a giant, or any other random giant thing out there (and why?), he'd have to hunt one down himself- Gantz can't give him one!

But fourthly and more generally, you are not putting enough weight on the context and character motivations. Japanese requires working with immediate context in order for it to actually work. While we readers learned earlier that Gantz had functions blocked, none of that proved that the functions were permanently disabled. Nishi's having an urgent motivation to gain powerful equipment therefore still makes sense, hence his frustrations... Thus the immediate context of the line still points, thanks to the 'out from the listener's perspective' sense of dasu, to possessions of the listener, ie Gantzman. 'Dekai yatsu' then could be any pretty large, immediately-useful-to-speaker possession the Gantzman could dig out- but as bikes, guns etc would normally be called by more obviously suitable words, the G-suit is left as the best remaining candidate for what Nishi is after. Context is all, in Japanese- so don't expect any better clues.

Man I sound like a computer at times. Sorry about that. But seriously guys- calm down with the wild assertions and go with what we are being shown panel by panel, page by page. The story will make a lot more sense that way. It seems a lot of people are just throwing in their ideas without thinking them through properly, and while this is a public forum, that is the kind of thing that drives away a lot of people. (It sure as hell annoyed my history teacher at school!) Oku puts a lot of thought into his work- if people put a bit more into their own posts it would go a long way.

Just like to say again, not trying to have a go at the scanlators generally- they do a fantastic job 99% of the time. Keep up the great work!

P.S. Just like to had that I have studied Japanese of and on for 10 years or more, formally and informally, and I've come to grasp the common stuff pretty well. I'm not plucking this out of thin air. If anyone wants to find out for themselves, they're welcome to do more J-study and come up with better arguments. I don't write walls of text for my health you know!!

"Yatsu" that we usually hears refer to a person (Yatsu ga doko ni ita no?). Yes, Nishi maybe referring to the suit, since it's quite in human shape, but if he's referring to weapons it should be "tekai mono" or "tekai bukki". The 'giant' that I mentioned doesn't necessarily have to be a person or alien, I said "guy" which could mean anything suitable, including objects. Plus, I did not say anything about Nishi isn't talking about G-suit
^ This explains for the "dasu" part as well. And by the way, I didn't really read raw, but if the kanji he used is "岀" which means out (it could be bring out, go out, come out, etc), so it should mean "bring out" in Nishi's sentence, which shares the same meaning of transfer (just like "chewing and swallowing" shares the same meaning with "eating")...or so it looks like to me
We do not know what Nishi's after now besides wanting an object which is big- it could mean anything. Remember, I said anything

Damura
May 29, 2011, 03:16 AM
And by the way, everyone seemed to forgot how Gantz is going to make his own escape...

hahaha, yeah, Nishi and Takeshi manage to fight off the aliens and when they turn around he's just gone. Ran off and left them.

EliteBeatAgents
May 29, 2011, 05:44 PM
I hope nishi has realized, that now the invisibility doesn't work as good as before
The aliens since he vampires know that the Gantzers just change frequinces and have ways now to see them
But man this chapter was CRAAZY! Favourite in a while, it had like 3-4 plot developments which i did not expect at all.
If any more of the cast die next chapter I'll be so sad. I finally like this group since Izumi left. Nishi is the sociopathic relief(made that term up) and takeshi is the reason why Kaze is still here.

The stealth function is usually a hit and miss so far. It worked against these aliens and as well as the oni aliens I believe, but so far bird aliens, vampires, nuri, and 1000 arms all seemed to adapted or dealt with invisibility before.

Miika
May 30, 2011, 03:44 AM
I really hope Nishi doesn't die in the next chapter.

Asahina
May 30, 2011, 05:04 PM
We'll finally see the "Naked man in the gantz ball" do some fighting himself.

York
May 30, 2011, 05:17 PM
*Americans send report over*

Nishi: Gantz, use a translator site from the internet!
Gantz: Got it. *loads*

"The place as the American continent in the space ship of the giant who is approximately same size, as for those has technology of space air compression-"

Nishi: What is this crap?
Gantz: I used Babel fish.
Nishi: .....

Matariel
May 30, 2011, 06:25 PM
Some bits of each ship must be similar if the Americans could send an accurate map of the meat processing plant.

If the Tokyo ship is similar to Tokyo and the American one is similar to N. America maybe multiple ships are linked? Or the designs are purely there to fuck with the audience.
You're looking too much into it.

Similarities between the ship and Tokyo are more likely to be little easter eggs and the like. Something small for people who can be bothered to look into it, but nothing more than that.

They just give the size of the city inside the ship as having a similar size to North America for the sake of scale. They could quite easily say that the city is the same size as Europe or whatever, but given the context it'd make sense for Americans to refer to it in terms relative to North America.

It's best to think of it in the simplest terms. The ships themselves will be similarly built because they're of the same race and are likely to have been built at the same time; around the time the aliens' homeworld was destroyed. Inside each ship, is a city that roughly spans the same area as North America, but this is compressed to fit inside the ship.

tl;dr Tokyo references = easter eggs. Area of the city "in the giant's spaceship" is a similar size to N.America and used for the sake of scale.

And for the people who were wondering about the effects of destroying the space compression plant. Imagine trying to expand a town/city inside your house. Things wouldn't be that good for either.

Or inflating a balloon inside a small container.

Oh yeah, and it'll be good to finally see Nishi do something other than call people idiots for once. That, or Takeshi is going to take care of business by himself.

Rye
May 30, 2011, 08:46 PM
*Americans send report over*

Nishi: Gantz, use a translator site from the internet!
Gantz: Got it. *loads*

"The place as the American continent in the space ship of the giant who is approximately same size, as for those has technology of space air compression-"

Nishi: What is this crap?
Gantz: I used Babel fish.
Nishi: .....
LOL Nishi is going to kill him for using Babel fish.

kusomaru
May 31, 2011, 01:28 AM
Ha ha @ Babel Fish. Does anybody else think that Nishi may be asking for the giant mecha that Oka had? Seems to fit as much as, if not more than, the advanced suit.

I wonder how the Gantz teams are going to make use of the weak point. If they destroy the compression facility, won't all of the released mass (approximately the size of North America) crush everything underneath? Like all of Japan and then some? Maybe the plan is to compress it even further? Maybe Oku will solve everything Michael Bay style: Shut up and look at the huge explosion!

Damura
May 31, 2011, 03:13 AM
^

Compression facility is destroyed by a rival team. Kei1, Kei2, Reika, Kaze, Katou and Cherry are all killed. Takeshi and Tae are killed by spiders while Nishi travels around the country with the Gantzman for the next ten years, fighting aliens and getting into adventures. The end.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I wonder if they've been using this compression technology to make their big soldiers. Or maybe the big giants are normal sized and everyone else has been shrunk.

Rye
May 31, 2011, 04:31 AM
Hopefully Gantz-Man where some clothes during those adventures.

Byder
May 31, 2011, 10:31 AM
Compression facility is destroyed by a rival team. Kei1, Kei2, Reika, Kaze, Katou and Cherry are all killed. Takeshi and Tae are killed by spiders while Nishi travels around the country with the Gantzman for the next ten years, fighting aliens and getting into adventures. The end.
This would be so awesome.

SK-Hao
May 31, 2011, 08:47 PM
Hopefully Gantz-Man where some clothes during those adventures.

Yea Gantz left after the countdown, came back and was cooperative but lost the majority of his abilities and then he gets hacked. This seems like a chain of events pointing to someone controlling things behind the curtian, possibly Sebastian. But these crab aliens or whatever are way to stupid to hack Gantz, they were allowed.

Right now Nishi is the only one who knows the weak spot (besides the Americans) so he has to inform them after he kills the underlings. He can proabably take them easily. And maybe that toddler gantzer has a chance to pwn some aliens.

xenternameherex
June 01, 2011, 02:14 AM
I kind of like that woman who gave Tae her jacket she has a Sei Sakuraoka feel to her for me. :amuse

I feel really bad for Sakurai but he's kind of becoming a walking Deus Ex Machina. I mean the only reason I didn't scoff at the idea that they were human psychic's in the Gantz universe is because their abilities were very limiting and damaging to them internally. He's just become so powerful so quickly, but I guess that's kind of the point.

I'm dreading in my suspicion that Nishi might have some kind of heel face turn and will die soon after that. I'm positive he's gonna die either way but it would be way to cheesey if he had to become "good".

Oku uses woman as a ingredient for character development and he did that whole spare character giving the kid a girlfriend and then even made the comparison to Kurono and Tae. With strong but still vulnerable Takashi around,

I smell ham. :worrybunny

Damura
June 01, 2011, 05:57 AM
^

If it makes any difference Cherry's probably a schizo now and those psychic powers are fucking with his head badly. I don't think he's going to last very long.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

I smell ham.

Lol what?

Asahina
June 01, 2011, 02:49 PM
If it makes any difference Cherry's probably a schizo now and those psychic powers are fucking with his head badly. I don't think he's going to last very long.Yeah, I agree. It won't be long till we see him laying at some protected corner and unconscious. But he's too frustrated with different emotions that he'll stay conscious until the moment he gains too much brain stress.

meowykid
June 01, 2011, 05:57 PM
Guys, if you realized, the Crab like Alien thing could've been genetically engineered by the giants, and the giants hacked the black ball and used them to teleport the Crab like Alien they genetically engineered. (They may have even done if specifically as a weapon to kill humans)

9tails23
June 03, 2011, 03:39 PM
Nishi will probably end up saving the kid but only as pay back for daze bringing him back to life, when the kid tries to thank him or daze himself he'll say that I don't see him changing so quickly just because some random extra ch girl was introduced and he's quite a bit different from kurono in terms of personality he's pretty much a psychopath

Rye
June 03, 2011, 05:49 PM
When you think about it, Nishi and Takeshi have sort of similar stories before entering Gantz. Means some sort of bond between them?

Matariel
June 03, 2011, 05:54 PM
I wonder if other Gantz teams are getting ambushed as well...

Shinsatsu
June 03, 2011, 06:11 PM
I am very curious about those veteran gantzers :) I really wanna see them fight... But that wouldn't be possible because there are many important characters to take care of right now.
And where the hell did Host Samurai go? oO

Rye
June 03, 2011, 07:11 PM
I am very curious about those veteran gantzers I really wanna see them fight... But that wouldn't be possible because there are many important characters to take care of right now.
And where the hell did Host Samurai go? oO Where ever he is at. He is smoking.

Damura
June 04, 2011, 01:06 AM
When you think about it, Nishi and Takeshi have sort of similar stories before entering Gantz. Means some sort of bond between them?

Not really... Takeshi suffered a ton of abuse all his life. Nishi didn't.

That said, even if they both shared similar circumstances Takeshi is still an annoying piece of shit. And Nishi's still a sociopath. I don't see them 'bonding' anytime soon.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Vampires are probably negotiating with other aliens for an alliance against the Giants. OR they are allying themselves with the giants.

El Samurai Guapo
June 04, 2011, 02:20 AM
Nishi better fuck those gantz-room invader's shit up.

electricfriends
June 04, 2011, 11:19 AM
I really think Nishi and Takeshi are gonna die. They don't have plot armour, Takeshi isn't doing anything and if he dies it will give Kaze killing rage which will be the point. Oka hates Nishi and hates fans of Nishi and since he isn't killing aliens with the others, he will die. The fact that Nishi got his own chapter (by force of editors making Oka do it as a fanservice and him basically refusing to do anything with it) and then found out this important information just makes it more convincing in my opinion. The odds aren't looking good for him though, based on his fighting style- he has to stay in that room, an enclosed space, to protect gantz man, he has nowhere to hide and he can't do one-on-one straight combat with no tricks. Those aliens will probably be able to see through his invisibility thanks to it being their tech in the first place (I'm firmly of the opinion that Gantz technology belonged to those aliens in the first place humans got it by either stealing it from them or the aliens gave it to them to kill their rival aliens on Earth to prepare for invasion). The others will either come back and find Nishi and Takeshi dead and get the info from Gantz that way, find it out of their own accord, or get their own transmission from the Americans. I really really hope Nishi doesn't die and gets to be awesome, and I don't want him redeemed because that's OOC and, like xenternameherex says, extremely hammy. But Gantz is nothing if not hammy sometimes.

Cherry is gonna die soon because he'll overuse his powers and his head will explode. I hope he gets to kill the big blonde alien warrior before that though, he's probably the only one that could. However I have a feeling Oka will want to give the glory to Kurono, after all he is the main character.

One of the Kuronos is gonna die, my money is on Kei 1 now he's close to finding Tae. They will be reunited and die together. I don't trust the glasses alien girl. All in all, this chapter seemed to me to be about clearing up loose ends.

Matariel, I really like your theory about why the Gantz functions are impeded. I thought they could no longer get new weaponry because there were no points anymore and Gantz could only award them based on points?

Byder
June 04, 2011, 01:06 PM
Oka hates Nishi?

Rye
June 04, 2011, 03:29 PM
Kei 1 is kind of my favorite Kurono though. Hope he lives. I like Kei 2 in a way but hes been kind of eh lately

RDN-567
June 04, 2011, 03:31 PM
^ i ithink she means Oku

Byder
June 05, 2011, 03:55 AM
I also meant Oku. :D

SK-Hao
June 05, 2011, 09:14 PM
Nishi dying isn't likely. Worst case scenario he cloaks and let's the toddler fend for himself.

hopeandlight
June 05, 2011, 11:25 PM
I really think Nishi and Takeshi are gonna die. They don't have plot armour, Takeshi isn't doing anything and if he dies it will give Kaze killing rage which will be the point. Oka hates Nishi and hates fans of Nishi and since he isn't killing aliens with the others, he will die. The fact that Nishi got his own chapter (by force of editors making Oka do it as a fanservice and him basically refusing to do anything with it) and then found out this important information just makes it more convincing in my opinion. The odds aren't looking good for him though, based on his fighting style- he has to stay in that room, an enclosed space, to protect gantz man, he has nowhere to hide and he can't do one-on-one straight combat with no tricks. Those aliens will probably be able to see through his invisibility thanks to it being their tech in the first place (I'm firmly of the opinion that Gantz technology belonged to those aliens in the first place humans got it by either stealing it from them or the aliens gave it to them to kill their rival aliens on Earth to prepare for invasion). The others will either come back and find Nishi and Takeshi dead and get the info from Gantz that way, find it out of their own accord, or get their own transmission from the Americans. I really really hope Nishi doesn't die and gets to be awesome, and I don't want him redeemed because that's OOC and, like xenternameherex says, extremely hammy. But Gantz is nothing if not hammy sometimes.

Cherry is gonna die soon because he'll overuse his powers and his head will explode. I hope he gets to kill the big blonde alien warrior before that though, he's probably the only one that could. However I have a feeling Oka will want to give the glory to Kurono, after all he is the main character.

One of the Kuronos is gonna die, my money is on Kei 1 now he's close to finding Tae. They will be reunited and die together. I don't trust the glasses alien girl. All in all, this chapter seemed to me to be about clearing up loose ends.

Matariel, I really like your theory about why the Gantz functions are impeded. I thought they could no longer get new weaponry because there were no points anymore and Gantz could only award them based on points?

Overuse of psychic ability will age organs, like in Master I think , so Cherry that's how he'll die or weaken
Actually I don't want either of the Kei's to die
They should survive and make things interesting
none of that only one cr@p
If Kei 1 does die it should be with Tae
If Kei 2 dies, it should be with Reika

Nishi better not die, he got resurrected
he should do something crafty before he dies
as for Takashi, i don't know about him

Damura
June 06, 2011, 01:29 AM
@hopeandlight: Not necessarily. Cherry had a check up and he was perfectly fine for his age. No sign at all of any damage. We've only seen two confirmed psychics, both with conflicting health reports.

That said, it certainly puts a strain on the body... Cherry's going to wear himself out soon at the very least. He needs some rest.

Shinsatsu
June 06, 2011, 08:54 AM
@hopeandlight: The thing is, Oku made things hard now that there is no healing nor revival. Killing a character now means that we will never see him again -_- (as far as the story shows for now).
So, I guess that the deaths will be saved for bigger battles.

Lee-tyme7
June 07, 2011, 04:48 PM
Kei 1 is kind of my favorite Kurono though. Hope he lives. I like Kei 2 in a way but hes been kind of eh lately

Are you kidding? Kei 2 is doing a good job lately forming a new team and rescuing prisoners. Both Kei's are doing their part but hopefully they will cross path and help each other out. Now that will be an epicness I won't want to miss.

It's Rieka that's been disappointing, she's just there for good looks but I hope she can do something meaningful other than just follow Kei 2 around. I wanna see what that white girl has to offer.

Damura
June 07, 2011, 07:32 PM
Are you kidding? Kei 2 is doing a good job lately forming a new team and rescuing prisoners. Both Kei's are doing their part but hopefully they will cross path and help each other out. Now that will be an epicness I won't want to miss.

It's Rieka that's been disappointing, she's just there for good looks but I hope she can do something meaningful other than just follow Kei 2 around. I wanna see what that white girl has to offer.

Saving prisoners, dumping them in a warzone with no clothes or food or shelter. They'll inevitably march back onto the mothership for the security of the Japanese government. Meanwhile the team is now very tired, hasn't eaten and has no plan.

Good job Kurono.

To be fair to Reika, half the members of the new team wouldn't have shown up if she didn't ask them to.