PDA

View Full Version : Hey~

xLotusxSobax
May 07, 2011, 11:09 PM
Hey. My name's Alice and I joined a long time ago but never really posted (Midterms and annoying teachers who insist on giving out LOTS of homework). But, anyway....

My absolute favorite manga is D. Gray-man. (:zomg) I recently started Vampire Knight. Needless to say, I never really got off DGM :sweat I'm ALWAYS up for suggestions so don't be shy~

I currently live in the US, speak English and I hope to be fluent in French very soon. I'm 16. Alright, I think I've given TMI lol.

See ya 'round the forums!

Ethan Hunt
May 08, 2011, 04:45 AM
welcome to mangahelpers

Zeltrax
May 08, 2011, 05:06 AM
Hello, I saw your username at the fun forum and I thought that this is the first time I've seen that
Anyway, since you started a thread...
prepare for some questions :zomg

Since you're a dgm fan..
so favourite dgm character?
Favourite dgm pairing?
Favourite dgm arc?
Now with the dgm questions gone..
fav anime?
fav colour?
what are you reading besides vampire knight?

And nah, not tmi and wow you're 16, same age as me :hug

xLotusxSobax
May 08, 2011, 08:42 AM
@Ethan: Thank you so much for the welcome :)

@Zeltrax: Okay, here we go lol

Favourite dgm character: Yu Kanda (I love how he completed the ring of characters; his backstory was tragic but very fit for his character; I was instantly intrigued by his vow to not die before he finds 'that woman' (Spoiler: Alma Karma's soul))

Favourite dgm pairing: Hmmm, this one is a bit hard. In the beginning of the series, I wasn't into the whole pairing thing but as I read on, I began to read Fanfictions with AllenxLenalee and LavixKanda (soft yaoi; occasionally hardcore). So, those two are my absolute favorite with a few crack pairings mixed in

Favourite dgm arc: My favorite arc has to be the first encounter with the Level 4 (I forgot the ark's name but I think its just been Lvl 4 arc.).

Fav anime: I think that Shuffle! has been my favorite anime so far. (Pandora Hearts will probably beat it when I finish)

Fav colour: Hmmm, I like dark reds, purple, blue-green, and grey.

What are you reading besides Vampire Knight: Nothing at the moment. I will be trying Bleach and Death Note because they were recommended to me.

Zeltrax
May 08, 2011, 09:37 AM
[COLOR="Purple"]@Ethan: Thank you so much for the welcome :)[/COLOUR]

Favourite dgm pairing: Hmmm, this one is a bit hard. In the beginning of the series, I wasn't into the whole pairing thing but as I read on, I began to read Fanfictions with AllenxLenalee and LavixKanda (soft yaoi; occasionally hardcore). So, those two are my absolute favorite with a few crack pairings mixed in
:zomg just so you know, I'm a huge fan of lenalee so I want her to be with allen...a lot!

Favourite dgm arc: My favorite arc has to be the first encounter with the Level 4 (I forgot the ark's name but I think its just been Lvl 4 arc.).
My favourite was the arc with them confronting Noah, that was a golden arc for me :amuse

Fav anime: I think that Shuffle! has been my favorite anime so far. (Pandora Hearts will probably beat it when I finish)

Shuffle!
Shuffle!

Shuffle! is one of my favourite romance too :wtf and have my favourite pairing Asa X Rin :woo
I wonder if this is consider harassing a new member but...
Fav shuffle! character?
Fav shuffle! pairing?
Fav shuffle! moment?
Why do you like shuffle! so much?
Nobody rly asks me anything about shuffle! here..:-_- so I'm happy I found a fan like me :hug

[B]What are you reading besides Vampire Knight: Nothing at the moment. I will be trying Bleach and Death Note because they were recommended to me.
Death note is pretty good..well about Bleach..I guess its for you to judge when the time comes :XD

Asclepius
May 08, 2011, 09:47 AM
Yay, another DGM fan. :woo
Welcome to the forum (specially to the DGM area)! :vbunny
:allen

xLotusxSobax
May 08, 2011, 09:49 AM
:zomg You like Lenalee Lee! *hugs* Thank goodness for the non-hate around here lol I've been on other forums where they begin to kill you if you say anything about Lenalee. D:

Fav shuffle! character: I really like Asa a lot! (Kareha and Nerine follow after~ :D)

Fav shuffle! pairing: Rin x Asa (Even though it is very clearly canon, I love it! ♥) I also fancy Itsuki x Mayumi

Fav shuffle! moment: When Sia says Gods live in polygamy relationships. I laughed so hard! (Also, did you hear that Sia is going to get a sequel called 'Princess! Princess!' I heard that as a rumor though.)

Why do you like shuffle! so much: It's humorous, dramatic, and has those moments that make you go d'awwwww :zomg and those that make you cry.

We should totally talk more! lol (What if I am okay with the harassment? xD)

@Asclepius: Thank you! I've been lurking there for quite a while! :D

Zeltrax
May 08, 2011, 10:40 AM
:zomg You like Lenalee Lee! *hugs* Thank goodness for the non-hate around here lol I've been on other forums where they begin to kill you if you say anything about Lenalee. D:

The internet is a scary place :blink but there's nothing wrong with Lenalee, what's with them :yelling
She had been my favourite female character for a long time in the past and the latest chapter is so full of allen and lenalee..although I know its not really canon and they only hugged, but still!

Fav shuffle! character: I really like Asa a lot! (Kareha and Nerine follow after~ :D)
Me too! Asa is my favourite and I'm so glad she ended up with Rin although I must say I never saw it coming when I first started shuffle! but she is my fav character out of the rest from the very beginning so I was always cheering her on :woo

Fav shuffle! pairing: Rin x Asa (Even though it is very clearly canon, I love it! ♥) I also fancy Itsuki x Mayumi
Haha, itsuki needs more love.
Who else to get it from then mayumi :wtf I wanted to see them develop too.. mayumi is a funny character :amuse

Fav shuffle! moment: When Sia says Gods live in polygamy relationships. I laughed so hard! (Also, did you hear that Sia is going to get a sequel called 'Princess! Princess!' I heard that as a rumor though.)

My favourite was the confession tho :zomg and the dramatic part where rin cuts himself and asa hair grew! but you're right, I laughed so hard at that too.
A sequel?! If its true, it'll be awesome. Althought Sia is not my favourite character, she's very interesting to watch and I won't miss it if there is one.

Why do you like shuffle! so much: It's humorous, dramatic, and has those moments that make you go d'awwwww :zomg and those that make you cry.
Yes, I know what you mean, the characters are emotionally strong and has been thro a lot of hardship, I find rin's backstory sad, where he got hurt a lot of time in the past living with kaede, and he's so strong to take all that!
Asa is ofc, equally strong!

We should totally talk more! lol (What if I am okay with the harassment? xD)
Here am I talking to you :bow , I really want to see you around more and I hope that you'll enjoy MH :tem

lawlett-kun
May 10, 2011, 06:53 AM
yay another DGM fangirl! :hug

Whos your fav Noah? Do you like Fairy tail?

xLotusxSobax
May 10, 2011, 06:26 PM
yay another DGM fangirl! :hug

Whos your fav Noah? Do you like Fairy tail?

:zomg Another fangirl!

My favorite Noah has to be Tyki. I love his power and character design <3; I haven't read Fairy Tail yet. Do you like it? Is it like DGM or another manga?

yukilove21
May 12, 2011, 02:07 AM
YAY!!! Another DGM fan!! *glomps* HI! I'm yuki, nice to meet'cha! :D
I'm glad to see that you don't hate Lenalee!

Do you like Yullen by chance? (Kanda/Allen is the best...)
How do you feel about the 14th?
I really suggest Death Note. It's amazing. Third manga I ever read. I've been a reader for 2 years now.
How do you like Vampire Knight so far?
Are you Yuuki x Zero or Yuuki x Kaname? (Yuuki x Kaname FTW!!!)
Did you see the anime yet? It's rather good.

I wish I could tell you that Fairy Tail was good or not... But I haven't read it yet.

I can suggest some great ones, however. Try Kaichou Wa Maid Sama!, Kuroshitsuji, Bakuman, and Katekyo Hitman Reborn! They are some of my favorites. I mean, some people say Reborn! is getting worse and worse, but it's generally a good read all in all. And Kuroshitsuji is just EPIC. Bakuman is by the creaters of Death Note, and it is so different, but so amazing. And if you like VK you'll probably like Kaichou Wa Maid Sama. I've been reading it since 2008 and I am still reading it today, it is just a really good one.

xLotusxSobax
May 12, 2011, 06:36 AM
YAY!!! Another DGM fan!! *glomps* HI! I'm yuki, nice to meet'cha! :D
I'm glad to see that you don't hate Lenalee!

Do you like Yullen by chance? (Kanda/Allen is the best...)
How do you feel about the 14th?
I really suggest Death Note. It's amazing. Third manga I ever read. I've been a reader for 2 years now.
How do you like Vampire Knight so far?
Are you Yuuki x Zero or Yuuki x Kaname? (Yuuki x Kaname FTW!!!)
Did you see the anime yet? It's rather good.

I wish I could tell you that Fairy Tail was good or not... But I haven't read it yet.

I can suggest some great ones, however. Try Kaichou Wa Maid Sama!, Kuroshitsuji, Bakuman, and Katekyo Hitman Reborn! They are some of my favorites. I mean, some people say Reborn! is getting worse and worse, but it's generally a good read all in all. And Kuroshitsuji is just EPIC. Bakuman is by the creaters of Death Note, and it is so different, but so amazing. And if you like VK you'll probably like Kaichou Wa Maid Sama. I've been reading it since 2008 and I am still reading it today, it is just a really good one.

Do you like Yullen by chance?: It depends on how a fanfic author presents it. I don't like when their love is OOC. But I do like that pairing in general~ :amuse

How do you feel about the 14th?: Hmmm, I not sure yet. I think I'm leaning towards a neutral feeling with him until I read the new chapter (if it has anything to do with Neah) because either way I feel weird about it lol *shot for lame answer*

How do you like Vampire Knight so far?: Well, I'm on chapter 11 so far. I'm really liking it! In fact, I'm going to catch up a bit today! :D

Are you Yuuki x Zero or Yuuki x Kaname?: I like the pairing Yuuki x Kaname too. I'm not sure if I like Yuuki x Zero yet. Maybe~ :amuse

Did you see the anime yet?: Not yet. I like to read a bit of the manga first. I'll probably start today!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into those. People have told me I'd like Death Note a lot but recently, I've been so lazy. LOL Oh, and thanks for the welcome! :amuse

yukilove21
May 12, 2011, 11:25 AM
Do you like Yullen by chance?: It depends on how a fanfic author presents it. I don't like when their love is OOC. But I do like that pairing in general~ :amuse
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've read a few good ones, and I've read a few bad ones. (I've written a few good ones and a few bad ones :-_- I can suggest a really good one if you would like. "Any Way You Want It (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4342956/1/Any_Way_You_Want_It)" by Novelist Pup (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/881162/Novelist_Pup).

How do you feel about the 14th?: Hmmm, I not sure yet. I think I'm leaning towards a neutral feeling with him until I read the new chapter (if it has anything to do with Neah) because either way I feel weird about it lol *shot for lame answer*
Ahhh, I see. I understand. I want something about him in the new chapter too... I hope we get it.

How do you like Vampire Knight so far?: Well, I'm on chapter 11 so far. I'm really liking it! In fact, I'm going to catch up a bit today! :D[QUOTE]
That's good! There is a plot twist that will blow your MIND though. It sure did to me.

[QUOTE] Are you Yuuki x Zero or Yuuki x Kaname?: I like the pairing Yuuki x Kaname too. I'm not sure if I like Yuuki x Zero yet. Maybe~ :amuse
:hi5 Awesome :D! Well, I was a fan of Yuuki x Zero first, actually, but the manga-ka is so evil that she makes me conflict when it comes to the pairings... But I've been a Yuuki x Kaname fan for over a year now... haha.

Did you see the anime yet?: Not yet. I like to read a bit of the manga first. I'll probably start today!
Hm... finish catching up to the manga, then watch it. It might be okay to watch the first season, but not the second.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into those. People have told me I'd like Death Note a lot but recently, I've been so lazy. LOL Oh, and thanks for the welcome! :amuse
Oh no problem! :D! Hehehe, that's fine! I was told to read 'GE - Good Ending' but I still haven't.
And your welcome for the welcome.

Iceiphoenix
August 01, 2011, 05:58 AM
:zomg:blai Another DGM fan!! :turtle My first absolute favourite manga was DGM... Now I'm not quite sure... :darn

Hmm... seeing as all the usual questions have been asked... What's your favourite ice cream flavour? :drool
Also, are you willing to join the chibi club? :pwnge Actually, don't answer that. You're already secretly part of it because I made it so.

BakaHaze
August 01, 2011, 06:37 AM
Hrm; came here cause I saw all those posts back in FF :cheerbunny

Heya, welcome to (posting on) Manga Helpers!!

:XD

I see the DGM fangirls just increased :lmao

xLotusxSobax
August 01, 2011, 06:54 AM
:zomg:blai Another DGM fan!! :turtle My first absolute favourite manga was DGM... Now I'm not quite sure... :darn

Hmm... seeing as all the usual questions have been asked... What's your favourite ice cream flavour? :drool
Also, are you willing to join the chibi club? :pwnge Actually, don't answer that. You're already secretly part of it because I made it so.

I love chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and the basics (vanilla + chocolate) :hearts And yours~? :3

Chibi club~~ <3 Haha~

Hrm; came here cause I saw all those posts back in FF :cheerbunny

Heya, welcome to (posting on) Manga Helpers!!

I see the DGM fangirls just increased :lmao

Thanks for the welcome! Ooh~ I love your Ragna icon~ <3 He's my second favorite character after Hazama~

BakaHaze
August 01, 2011, 07:00 AM
Ah yeah he's pretty awesome. You play Blazblue a lot?

And yeah, I just changed him; only just saw your commnet :zomg

xLotusxSobax
August 01, 2011, 07:12 AM
Ah yeah he's pretty awesome. You play Blazblue a lot?

And yeah, I just changed him; only just saw your commnet :zomg

Haha~ Yes I do :3 I recently got it and I can't put stop playing it~ :D

Iceiphoenix
August 01, 2011, 08:16 AM
I love chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and the basics (vanilla + chocolate) :hearts And yours~? :3

Chibi club~~ <3 Haha~

Ooh, I've only tried cookie dough ice cream once! :XD The texture was interesting, but I liked the flavour! (It was from Baskin Robins~)
Ahh~ The good old basics. :) I like them too, but I also love cookies and cream! :drool
As for sorbets... I'd have to say that mango and passionfruit are my favourites. :thumbs

Yes, the chibi club~ For all the members active in the Fun Forum and the Member Zone who are under 18! I'm one of the original 3 founding members, oh yes I am. :smugbunny

xLotusxSobax
August 01, 2011, 08:37 AM
Ooh, I've only tried cookie dough ice cream once! :XD The texture was interesting, but I liked the flavour! (It was from Baskin Robins~)
Ahh~ The good old basics. :) I like them too, but I also love cookies and cream! :drool
As for sorbets... I'd have to say that mango and passionfruit are my favourites. :thumbs

Yes, the chibi club~ For all the members active in the Fun Forum and the Member Zone who are under 18! I'm one of the original 3 founding members, oh yes I am. :smugbunny

Baskin Robins~~ <3 :3 Yummy~! Ooh~ Those are yummy too! :D I love all kinds of ice cream~ <3

Oh cool! :XD *bows down and worships* Haha~

phio_chan
August 01, 2011, 09:06 AM
Another fan of cookie dough ice cream~ :wtf Do you like ice cream with fruit flavors?

Welcome to MH, Alice! Nice to meet you.
Vampire Knight, huh. What do you think of it so far? Do you like to read series with vampires on it? :XD

xLotusxSobax
August 01, 2011, 09:14 AM
Another fan of cookie dough ice cream~ :wtf Do you like ice cream with fruit flavors?

Welcome to MH, Alice! Nice to meet you.
Vampire Knight, huh. What do you think of it so far? Do you like to read series with vampires on it? :XD

OF COURSE~! :wtf I love all sorts of ice cream~ I especially love fruit ice creams~ (I like vanilla and peach the best :3)

I think its pretty good so far! I'm on chapter 15 now ( I've been so busy D: ) I do like series with vampires in it! Do you have any recommendations~?

M3J
August 01, 2011, 12:05 PM
Where the hell in the US do you live that you were up around 7-8AM? O_O

phio_chan
August 01, 2011, 12:22 PM
OF COURSE~! :wtf I love all sorts of ice cream~ I especially love fruit ice creams~ (I like vanilla and peach the best :3)

I think its pretty good so far! I'm on chapter 15 now ( I've been so busy D: ) I do like series with vampires in it! Do you have any recommendations~?

LOL, I see. I prefer the classic flavors like vanilla and chocolate over the fruit flavors, though. But I don't mind orange and strawberry. And one more flavor: bubblegum. XD

Okay~ XD We're pretty similar, although I don't read VK. My liking to series with vampires in it is more in form of novels I read. XD Hmm, vampires story with romance or not? Noblesse is a story about vampires, but with only a tiny bit of romance so far, unlike VK as far as I know. ...I remember I've read some short manga about vampires, but I can't recall the titles, I'm sorry. ^^"

xLotusxSobax
August 01, 2011, 12:26 PM
Where the hell in the US do you live that you were up around 7-8AM? O_O

Haha~ I was forced to wake up at 4 am this morning and help my mum get ready for work~

( I would have slept in but she made me get up against my will D: )

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

LOL, I see. I prefer the classic flavors like vanilla and chocolate over the fruit flavors, though. But I don't mind orange and strawberry. And one more flavor: bubblegum. XD

Okay~ XD We're pretty similar, although I don't read VK. My liking to series with vampires in it is more in form of novels I read. XD Hmm, vampires story with romance or not? Noblesse is a story about vampires, but with only a tiny bit of romance so far, unlike VK as far as I know. ...I remember I've read some short manga about vampires, but I can't recall the titles, I'm sorry. ^^"

I never tried bubblegum~ I've had Swedish Fish though (it was really weird but sooo good! :D)

I prefer romance, but if its good, I'll read it without romance~! Oh~ I may try that one, I'd heard about it before xD Haha, that's okay~

I've yet to find Doctor Who lovers here D:

M3J
August 01, 2011, 02:53 PM
Why not go back to sleep?

And I think sahugani likes Doctor Who, but he's gone AFK for few weeks. :x Not sure if anyone else does, though.

xLotusxSobax
August 01, 2011, 02:57 PM
Why not go back to sleep?

And I think sahugani likes Doctor Who, but he's gone AFK for few weeks. :x Not sure if anyone else does, though.

Once I wake up, it's hard for me to go back to sleep~ D":

;~; Aw~ Well, it is a strange show~ :lmao

M3J
August 01, 2011, 04:53 PM
Check out other sections like the TV section thingie (forgot the name, lulz). If there's no Doctor Who thread, then you can make one yourself and hope people see it. =D

phio_chan
August 02, 2011, 10:59 AM
I never tried bubblegum~ I've had Swedish Fish though (it was really weird but sooo good! :D)

I prefer romance, but if its good, I'll read it without romance~! Oh~ I may try that one, I'd heard about it before xD Haha, that's okay~

I've yet to find Doctor Who lovers here D:

Bubblegum tasted like... bubblegum. So the idea of actually eating a bubblegum and doesn't spit it out after was weird to me at first, lol. XD

Yey, definitely go try Noblesse, you won't regret it. There are lots of awesomeness to replace the romance, haha~

Doctor Who, I think my friends watched it and all said that he's a cool character even though he doesn't seem like a real doctor at all. XD

Naomidee
August 14, 2011, 11:56 PM
Hey, Lotus.
What do you do to ease the withdraws in between DGM chapter? :D