PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 234 Discussion

ghostexiled
May 09, 2011, 11:00 PM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69629) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

Oberon
May 16, 2011, 08:38 AM
Verification: Confirmed
Source: Fairytail.17dm
Credits: Fairytail.17dm

http://thumbnails39.imagebam.com/13252/6ed69b132514935.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/6ed69b132514935) http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/13252/fb8179132514939.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/fb8179132514939) http://thumbnails37.imagebam.com/13252/94a90f132514941.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/94a90f132514941)

Thorvardur
May 16, 2011, 08:46 AM
looks like fried and Bixlow came with Gildarts back to the island! :D
Fried vs Rustyrose!!

coolerthanzerok
May 16, 2011, 09:04 AM
I don't know why I thought I'd get a chance to see Gildartz vs. Bluenote immediately. After Fried cleans up we'll be getting Erza vs. Azuma. Hopefully unassisted.

Krono
May 16, 2011, 09:08 AM
Scans of the full chapter can be found here:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1081368278 (Japanese)

and here:

http://fairytail.17dm.com/201105/55775.html (Chinese)

ca12nag3
May 16, 2011, 09:26 AM
coverpage says enough about how Cana feels dont it. That just looks sad to me.

Also first half is all about gildartz so dont worry bout that.

scareChinaman
May 16, 2011, 09:34 AM
And now we get the connection between Zeref and Natsu

Ninja_Pirate
May 16, 2011, 09:45 AM
Lol.. who would have thought that the boy who stares at the sea shall be natsu.. :p

Mashiro_Luna
May 16, 2011, 09:57 AM
Gildartz vs Bluenote fight looks kick ass and well the return of Fried and Bixlow is awesome I hate how they're easily beating Rustyrose. I know they will win but I thought at least letting it look like a hard fight. Wonder what is up with Zeref and Natsu.

Shiro Tsuki
May 16, 2011, 09:58 AM
Lol.. who would have thought that the boy who stares at the sea shall be natsu.. :p

Do you mean the young boy at the end of the chapter?
Its not Natsu -
His hair is black and his fairy tail mark is on his left hand...
Seems like a young Gil/zeref to me!

piscesking
May 16, 2011, 10:04 AM
I think its Zeref not Natsu who stares at the Sea

Mashiro_Luna
May 16, 2011, 10:07 AM
JKust noticed this but are the three kids above Gildratz's head on the cover page Evergreen, Bixlow and Fried? The kid at the end has a mole just like Fried or at least looks like it.

Shiro Tsuki
May 16, 2011, 10:17 AM
JKust noticed this but are the three kids above Gildratz's head on the cover page Evergreen, Bixlow and Fried? The kid at the end has a mole just like Fried or at least looks like it.

Nop -
Its Natsu and Lisanna with Gil!
Gray is ahead...
Erza at the right -
duh :darn
You got to feel bad for Cana! :(

Mashiro_Luna
May 16, 2011, 10:19 AM
^No not who he is holding, at the top of the picture sitting at a table.

Shiro Tsuki
May 16, 2011, 10:22 AM
^No not who he is holding, at the top of the picture sitting at a table.

Oh - I see!
The girl seems like Eve - The rest am just unsure! :oh

justf0rnow
May 16, 2011, 10:46 AM
I think its Zeref not Natsu who stares at the Sea

or, could it be master Mavis ?
Mavis = Zeref... same person but different personality, anyone ?
Like Yugi-Oh perhaps.

A Lurker
May 16, 2011, 10:48 AM
I'm happy with being a lurker, but I had to create this account just to add this constructive criticism:

1. The boy in the last page is obviously not Natsu; that should be obvious, because they don't look alike. He is just cosplaying natsu, though.

2. The boy in the last page is not Zeref. Why are you suggesting that? Because of the black air? Then, he could be Gray too. That is just random, there are many characters with black air... Also, Zeref's hair ir partially white too.

3. The boy in the last page being Mavis is even more random, because we don't even know Mavis appearance.

And 4. The boy in the last page is Romeo. And this ends the random guesses about the boy in the last page, so lurkers like me can now keep lurking peacefully.

Ninja_Pirate
May 16, 2011, 10:51 AM
Yeah, its the dressing that i got confused with at first sight.... could it b that boy is having the same scarf that now natsu have... and that guy cud b Zeref// Stakes are high on that.. but then fairy tail mark does not make sense'

Edit: sorry thats not the same scarf .. :p ... oops

ca12nag3
May 16, 2011, 11:13 AM
The boy on the last page is either Zeref or Mavis there is no other alternative.

1 remark tho, the boy has the mark on his shoulder just like a dragonslayer. Wendy,Natsu and Gajeel all 3 have it on the shoulder.

Zaresh
May 16, 2011, 11:14 AM
It's just me or Gray seems really sad on that pic?

Ifrit
May 16, 2011, 11:15 AM
daaaaaaaaaaamn alot of action now that what I want xDDD

mmm ok Freed & Bixlow KICK ASS

Gildartz...OH BOY....bluenote should run !!!!

boy @ the end I agree with ppl say he is Zeref !!

A Lurker
May 16, 2011, 11:23 AM
The boy on the last page is either Zeref or Mavis there is no other alternative.
Being Zeref or Mavis is a random guess. There is an infinite number of alternatives to random guesses.

On the other side, there is no alternative to the fact that the boy is who I said he is.

RaveDragon
May 16, 2011, 11:25 AM
Cana is so adorably cute and sad no poor kid Cana >< i believe this is one of my fav opening chapter cover its too cute xD

1 remark tho, the boy has the mark on his shoulder just like a dragonslayer. Wendy,Natsu and Gajeel all 3 have it on the shoulder.

I agree with you

I'm happy with being a lurker, but I had to create this account just to add this constructive criticism:

1. The boy in the last page is obviously not Natsu; that should be obvious, because they don't look alike. He is just cosplaying natsu, though.

2. The boy in the last page is not Zeref. Why are you suggesting that? Because of the black air? Then, he could be Gray too. That is just random, there are many characters with black air... Also, Zeref's hair ir partially white too.

3. The boy in the last page being Mavis is even more random, because we don't even know Mavis appearance.

And 4. The boy in the last page is Romeo. And this ends the random guesses about the boy in the last page, so lurkers like me can now keep lurking peacefully.

It might be zeref ther is a resemblance and not only hair colour,
Mavis is also an option because we dont know how he looks like,

It could also be a new character but i think it is Zeref because first we see Gray and Ultear talking and then the boy, I think Ultear is telling Gray Zeref's story!

I was right to say Gil would tell them all to go though Cana seems not happy about it obviously, Lucy too i guess she feels unable to help Cana even though she promised her :S i think (wish i understood jap ><)

Im guessing Natsu and co will meet Hades now :/ he's the only one left of GH that is alone, doubt theyll go to Levy and co or Erza and Azuma...

I doubted fried and Bixlow would come back but i should have known the moment Cana said Gil is my daddy since that = Gil coming back check which equals these two coming with him, maybe they could have called Laxus to help somehow :/ still doubt he will come back but since so many came and he was shown its still a possibility

Fried i must say that is one awesome technique me likey!

BN and Gil are really strong wow way to turn into a super saiyan Gildartz!!

ca12nag3
May 16, 2011, 11:31 AM
Being Zeref or Mavis is a random guess. There is an infinite number of alternatives to random guesses.

On the other side, there is no alternative to the fact that the boy is who I said he is.

you said it could be Gray too, but since we know that Gray joined as a little kid and his mark is on his chest its kinda not possible to be him, (only lisanna had her mark move for unknown reasons).
Also Grays hair as a kid is more or less the same as it is now, so how can this be Gray?

Romeo is just no option at all, his hairstyl is different and he isnt trained at all, at least not the abs and muscular build that this boy has seriously. Also the attitude of the boy we see is not that of Romeo.

Other then that there is no alternative character that lookalikes this boy, So its either Zeref or Mavis. It isnt just a random guess, Ill toss in a new character for you but of the known characters only Zeref and Mavis are a possibility.

A Lurker
May 16, 2011, 11:33 AM
So, Macao might be Zeref's father.

Macao being Mavis's father is also an option.

It could also be a new character but i think it is Zeref because first we see Gray and Ultear talking and then the boy, I think Ultear is telling Gray Zeref's story!
Being a new character is always a possibility, except when it is not a new character.

RaveDragon
May 16, 2011, 11:38 AM
Romeo is
1- too young
2- too short
3- doesnt have that hair (i see the similar eyes though)
4- the colour of the border shows it happened a long time ago thus it can be either Zeref or Mavis, maybe even Hades we would get an explanation on what he wants exactly
and
5-what ca12nag3 said i agree with

Quote: RaveDragon View Post
So, Macao might be Zeref's father.
Macao being Mavis's father is also an option.
Being a new character is always a possibility, except when it is not a new character

please if you really think its romeo give constructive critism and explain why you think we are wrong dont just say 'no you're wrong' and make fun of us , i would like to understand your idea but you are just confusing me :/

ca12nag3
May 16, 2011, 11:41 AM
I dont uderstand how Macao suddely can be Mavis or Zerefs father since Mavis is long gone remember that Makarov is guildmaster for a long long time, Macao isnt old enough to be anyone but Romeos dad.

Related could be an option tho, so in theoretical options Macao could be Zerefs son > Mavis son etc etc. So i dunno where you get that idea.

coolerthanzerok
May 16, 2011, 11:55 AM
I dont uderstand how Macao suddely can be Mavis or Zerefs father since Mavis is long gone remember that Makarov is guildmaster for a long long time, Macao isnt old enough to be anyone but Romeos dad.

Related could be an option tho, so in theoretical options Macao could be Zerefs son > Mavis son etc etc. So i dunno where you get that idea.

I *think* you're missing his point. He was being mildly hostile and sarcastic. I do not think it was a serious suggestion.
Personally, I like the idea of it being "Zeref's Story" of when he was a kid as told by Urtear.

ca12nag3
May 16, 2011, 12:01 PM
I *think* you're missing his point. He was being mildly hostile and sarcastic. I do not think it was a serious suggestion.
Personally, I like the idea of it being "Zeref's Story" of when he was a kid as told by Urtear.

Well thats what i think too, also the mark on the shoulder and the obvious Natsu cosplay, that might sugest hes a dragonslayer? Just thinking.

jacke12
May 16, 2011, 12:03 PM
I like this new look for of Fried it's cooler than Yami No Ecriture: Darkness

RaveDragon
May 16, 2011, 12:06 PM
He is a boy, clearly.

You're referring to the boy at the end of the chap? well i guess we can all agree on that at least xP

To me he is Zeref and this will be part of his story and how he met Natsu but thats just theory, the story though must be told by Ultear as i said since we see her and Gray and the gray background come in together and then the boy ^^

He could also be Hades in his childhood and Ultear explains his motives, we know Hades was FT so maybe it is him?

I like this new look for of Fried it's cooler than Yami No Ecriture: Darkness
Aye! it pwnz im a bit sad that Levy didnt get some fight in though :/ with her abilities thought she colud get some damage done
[hr]

Well thats what i think too, also the mark on the shoulder and the obvious Natsu cosplay, that might sugest hes a dragonslayer? Just thinking.

Just thinking mybe Natsu is the one cosplaying maybe this guy is someone natsu used to admire like a big brother that he forgot?

ch1mera
May 16, 2011, 12:06 PM
If that was a chapter cover, I'd think yeah it could be Romeo (cosplaying his idol - Natsu).

But because it's part of the chapter and may as well be connected to the Gray and Ultear's panel - it's not random to assume it's a flashback panel, so yeah: I agree with all of you who says it's Zeref.

llamapie
May 16, 2011, 12:09 PM
So its clear to me that Zeref is related to the dragons or the dragon slayer magic is of a similar type. That boy shown is obviously who zeref is now and is probably the darkness dragon slayer.

Hence his presumption that Natsu may be able to harm him, but Natsu isn't there yet.

He is most likely that boy simply for the fact that he was on that island, where only Fairy Tail members are able to find.

Zaresh
May 16, 2011, 12:09 PM
You're referring to the boy at the end of the chap? well i guess we can all agree on that at least xP

Just saying :derp

And maybe you guys are missing this point: why? why is ultear telling all these things to Gray? I seriously doubt it is because she's a fangirl for him. I was wondering about this since some weeks ago.

A Lurker
May 16, 2011, 12:11 PM
you said it could be Gray too, but since we know that Gray joined as a little kid and his mark is on his chest its kinda not possible to be him, (only lisanna had her mark move for unknown reasons).
Also Grays hair as a kid is more or less the same as it is now, so how can this be Gray?
Gray was an example of a random guess. Let's give another example: it could be Hughes earthland counterpart.

Romeo is just no option at all
Yeah, any random guess is an option, but Romeo. Which makes sense: unlike other options, Romeo is not a random guess.

please if you really think its romeo give constructive critism and explain why you think we are wrong dont just say 'no you're wrong' and make fun of us , i would like to understand your idea but you are just confusing me :/
Ok, sorry. You are right. My evidence for saying it is Romeo is:

1. Natsu saved his father, so Natsu became his idol/hero/whatever. He wants to be like Natsu, including his style. --- We all know this cliché. Remember Konohamaru from Naruto.
1.1. Romeo "looking up" on Natsu: http://www.mangareader.net/135-7117-35/fairy-tail/chapter-2.html
1.2. "Natsu... Bro" http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v01/c003/29.html

2. He is a kid. The eyes are the same. The hair color is the same. He changed his hair style for the reason explained in 1.

3. He is son of a Fairy Tail member, whom he is proud of. Natsu, his idol, is a Fairy Tail member. Romeo has been shown inside the Guild in some scenes. It is very likely that the wants to be a Fairy Tail member. He has a Fairy Tail tatoo, so he is either an official or self-declared Fairy Tail member.

4. According to Mira, Natsu saw himself in Romeo (figuratively). http://www.mangareader.net/135-7117-31/fairy-tail/chapter-2.html Now, he will actually see himself in him. Ok, this is not evidence, just a random word play. :D

A very interesting and random theory you have got there... But, please, don't go off-topic.

Just kidding. I was being sarcastic. Don't take it too seriously and have fun. :)

Big Al
May 16, 2011, 12:24 PM
Why do you guy think that boy @ last page is Zeref?

Have you forgot that Zeref were asleep for more than 400 years, if he really is, then FT is over 400 years old guild, which I don't think so cuz we know FT has 3 masters already.

I have no idea who else is that boy, could be Mavis (unlikely but if he is, we could learn about fairy law or whatever in the flashback in next chapter or so) or random person that have to do something about all these mess now.

RaveDragon
May 16, 2011, 12:26 PM
Gray was an example of a random guess. Let's give another example: it could be Hughes earthland counterpart.

Yeah, any random guess is an option, but Romeo. Which makes sense: unlike other options, Romeo is not a random guess.

Ok, sorry. You are right. My evidence for saying it is Romeo is:

1. Natsu saved his father, so Natsu became is idol/hero/whatever. He wants to be like Natsu, including his style. --- We all know this cliché. Remember Konohamaru from Naruto.
1.1. Romeo "looking" up on Natsu: http://www.mangareader.net/135-7117-35/fairy-tail/chapter-2.html
1.2. "Natsu... Bro" http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v01/c003/29.html

2. He is a kid. The eyes are the same. The hair color is the same. He changed his hair style for the reason explained in 1.

3. He is son of a Fairy Tail member, whom he is proud of. Natsu, his idol, is a Fairy Tail member. Romeo has been shown inside the Guild in some scenes. It is very likely that the wants to be a Fairy Tail member. He has a Fairy Tail tatoo, so he is either an official or self-declared Fairy Tail member.

4. According to Mira, Natsu saw himself in Romeo (figuratively). http://www.mangareader.net/135-7117-31/fairy-tail/chapter-2.html Now, he will actually see himself in him. Ok, this is not evidence, just a random word play. :D

A very interesting and random theory you have got there... But, please, don't go off-topic.

Just kidding. I was being sarcastic. Don't take it too seriously and have fun. :)

Hughes earthland counterpart is actually Zeref...
Lol thats better now i understand what you meant but why would Romeo be shown in a flashback/story panel?

what you said makes sense but i dont think and anyway a younger Zeref would look like Romeo ^^ younger Natsu had different eyes as in bigger and more childlike and thats how i see this boy as a younger Zeref or Hades

It cant be Romeo because he is not related to Ultear in any way and its clear she's narrating the stroy unless its actually Lucy as usually the box words are her...maybe shes telling us the story of the single magic source?

still Ultear telling Gray either Zerefs story or Hades is more plausible than Romeo's future (cause he cant have grown THAT much in 6 months ^^) plus they are the main antagonist we know nothing about and must understand

Razh
May 16, 2011, 12:27 PM
I think it's Igneel. Just to add it in lol.

If he is the one who raised Natsu, and Natsu dresses similarly...

EDIT: I don't really think that, I think it's Mavis, but there is obviously some connection.

A Lurker
May 16, 2011, 12:32 PM
I would just want to add this: The eyes! The eyes are a very important.

1. Check previous chapters and look at Zeref's eyes. His eyes have multiple concentric circumferences (Rinnegan-like eyes). Then, look at the kid in the last page. He doesn't have Zeref's eyes.

2. Now, go to chapter 2 or 3 and look at Romeo's eyes. They are very big and round, but have 2 smooth angles. Then, look at the kid in the last page. He has the same eyes.

Mashiro_Luna
May 16, 2011, 12:37 PM
I would just want to add this: The eyes! The eyes are a very important.

1. Check previous chapters and look at Zeref's eyes. His eyes have multiple concentric circumferences (Rinnegan-like eyes). Then, look at the kid in the last page. He doesn't have Zeref's eyes.

2. Now, go to chapter 2 or 3 and look at Romeo's eyes. They are very big and round, but have 2 smooth angles. Then, look at the kid in the last page. He has the same eyes.

Yes he does resemble Romeo to a degree but ask yourself, why would Romeo be brought up, in anyway, at this point in the story? What could he possibly have to do with anything involving the story right now?

Darjaille
May 16, 2011, 12:43 PM
Well, from the chapter 233 I thought the next will be Zeref's flashback, so yes, I think the boy on the last page is Zeref.
(So that means Zeref really IS a DS, riiiiiiiiight? :D Clothes he's wearing, it's clear for me :D Only thing bothering me is FT mark - how can be FT this old? But it would explain why he's on FT's island, so it can be. I would be really disappointed if it's Romeo in the end, it just doesn't make sense) Too bad I can read japanese, but I have very little clue about what are they talking :D

Fights look really epic, though I didn't think Fried and Bixlow's fight against that guy would be so onesided.

Nothing new about Lucy, but it'll come eventually.

So yeah, looks like pretty cool chapter ^_^ (After three days of stalking MH and mangastream :D)

A Lurker
May 16, 2011, 12:46 PM
Hughes earthland counterpart is actually Zeref...
I am not sure about that, but, yeah, they look alike.

Lol thats better now i understand what you meant but why would Romeo be shown in a flashback/story panel?
That was my first doubt, but I am not sure it is a flashback/story panel.

what you said makes sense but i dont think and anyway a younger Zeref would look like Romeo ^^ younger Natsu had different eyes as in bigger and more childlike and thats how i see this boy as a younger Zeref or Hades
Ok, childhood eyes size and configuration might be slightly different, but how do you explain Zeref's pupil, then?

It cant be Romeo because he is not related to Ultear in any way and its clear she's narrating the stroy unless its actually Lucy as usually the box words are her...maybe shes telling us the story of the single magic source?
The boxes start appearing before the panel with Grey and Urtear, so it is not clear that it is Ultear narrating.

still Ultear telling Gray either Zerefs story or Hades is more plausible than Romeo's future (cause he cant have grown THAT much in 6 months ^^)
He is not that grown up. At least, it doesn't look like that to me.

pyogenes
May 16, 2011, 12:52 PM
I'm guessing that either the kid at the end of the chapter is Zeref or a previous generation fire dragon slayer.

What we know:
-- Zeref, despite being asleep for 400 years, knows Natsu.
-- Natsu and Gajeel are both much older than they appear or believe.
-- The partially awakened Zeref does not want to hurt people and wants Natsu to defeat him.
-- Zeref's powers were negated by Natsu's scarf
-- Natsu's scarf was given to him by Igneel
-- We know that the dragons are still alive and watching the actions of the dragonslayers. It is heavily implied that they have a plan for the dragon slayers
-- The kid in the last page looks vaguely like Zeref.
-- Wendy's powers can "fix" the scarf after it absorbs Zeref's powers

Based on that, I'm guessing:
1. The scarf was made by a dragon - probably the Sky Dragon based on it's ability to counter death magic.
2. The scarf was owned by Zeref at one point to keep his powers under control.
3. At some point Zeref gave the scarf to Igneel knowing that it would take a dragon slayer to stop him.
4. Igneel gave the scarf to Natsu knowing his importance in stopping Zeref if he reawakens.

Marche
May 16, 2011, 12:55 PM
Can someone who knew the japanese say me what will be the title of the next chapter????, the 235's chapter.
Thanks.

Thorvardur
May 16, 2011, 01:02 PM

I was thinking about the same thing too! but personally I think it's Gildartz when he was little :/ or it could be Mavis thats my second guess. Don't think that it is Zeref because of the fairy tail mark.

A Lurker
May 16, 2011, 01:05 PM
Yes he does resemble Romeo to a degree but ask yourself, why would Romeo be brought up, in anyway, at this point in the story? What could he possibly have to do with anything involving the story right now?
That is what I have been wondering. :) I guess we will have to wait until next chapter to know that.

Damn it, I have 7 posts already. My lurkerhood is being highly corrupted.

Mashiro_Luna
May 16, 2011, 01:18 PM
That is what I have been wondering. :) I guess we will have to wait until next chapter to know that.

Damn it, I have 7 posts already. My lurkerhood is being highly corrupted.

That's because you stick with a theory that makes no sense and refuse to give it up. It is much more likely to be Zeref since it is a flashback given that the borders are black like every other flashback in the manga.

1337 haxor
May 16, 2011, 01:22 PM
HOLY F*CKING SH*T!

Toriyama would be proud, this chapter got so much explosions my brain just went voosh!

Awesome, Fried turned into a hellknight of sorts whilist Erza is being Erza.

But Gildartz vs Bluenote is beyong epic, I mean, this is so freakin DBZish that becomes addictive. GOD BLESS MY CHILDHOOD!

Epic chapter is epic!

Ero-Sanji
May 16, 2011, 01:26 PM
Right on the spot, Fried took on Rustyrose, apparently with the aid of Bixlow and they won! I'm so glad that we didn't have too see an embarrassing power-up from the already drain girls at the camp.

coolerthanzerok
May 16, 2011, 01:29 PM
I don't think Fried and Bixlow are QUITE done with Rustyrose. I suspect there'll be a LITTLE more fighting. Additionally, I don't think that scarf looks like Natsu's. The stitching is too close together.
Additionally, close inspection shows that the technique Fried used is "Yami no Ecriture: Shadow".

RaveDragon
May 16, 2011, 01:31 PM
This chapter seems to be setting the climax for the arc and will probably give hints together with next weeks on many things maybe even the next arc xD

Mashima never stops amazing me ^^ im glad i fell in love with fairy tail haha so now we have left is the fights versus bluenote and gildartz and the one pf erza vs azuma
then i guess we will either have some ultear moments and see whats up with Hades probably through team Natsu...

Im just really curious on whats this single magic as well as Gray and Ultear, (and a bunch of other stuff like Layla and carpricorn which we will see i guess in the next arc) and what does Lucy know is it just general knowledge or something that will lead to an important scene...(im hoping the latter, i want some development for the girl)

Ninja_Pirate
May 16, 2011, 01:51 PM
Mashima is definitely amazing... last chapter reading the title of the chapter "the boy who stares at the sea" everyone wanted to guess who will that boy be.. and even when the chapter is out we are forced to predict the same thing .. lol ...

Although there are lot of things shown in the chapter.. and in between so many things happening , who would have thought that out of no where a flashback will come and definitely it will be an important one too...

ca12nag3
May 16, 2011, 01:56 PM
Mashima is definitely amazing... last chapter reading the title of the chapter "the boy who stares at the sea" everyone wanted to guess who will that boy be.. and even when the chapter is out we are forced to predict the same thing .. lol ...

Although there are lot of things shown in the chapter.. and in between so many things happening , who would have thought that out of no where a flashback will come and definitely it will be an important one too...

ha well this brings back childhood memories as well guessing who it is :P

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r87/Ca12nag3/whoisit.jpg

JetPistol
May 16, 2011, 02:14 PM
I thought the kid at the last page was Grey since well...the last panel of the page before that shows him speaking to Ultear. Damn my crappy Chinese!

wooticus
May 16, 2011, 02:24 PM
wow. amazing.. can't wait for the translated version.

incredible, the last page clearly means to me: natsu and zeref are twin brothers. natsu's memory was deleted and raised by igneel so he can't remember and because of their relationship natsu is the only one who can defeat zeref. the evil twin brother exiled on an island.

the other option would be natsu and zeref were one and the same person at the beginning.. but that would a bit too farfetched.

and @ the guy who spoke about toriyama (can't remember your nickname, sorry):
you're totally right, i felt the same way, this reminded me of nothing but dragon ball z, the classical shonen. the good guys got beaten pretty bad by overpowered enemys and right before it's too late the reinforcement jump in.. with a bang, a big bang. fried & bixlows appearance looks almost more powerful than gildarts. rustyrose looked like a total loser in this few panels.
and just look at erza's face. there's no chance she might lose. can't wait for some facts about how they came back.. mest? wonder if he's brought someone else, like polushka or laxus.
think of that.. polushka vs hades :D

matzik1212
May 16, 2011, 02:26 PM
wow this chapter sure looks amazing ...i can't wait for the english version gildartz looks really badass and seems like he didn't show up alone :D
i knew bixlow and fried were powerful and especially fried's magic was really cool and finally was about time someone defeated rustyrose 'cause he was pissing me off from the start with that bossy attitude he's scared face makes my day :amuse

ch1mera
May 16, 2011, 02:32 PM
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but here's a translation of the last 2 pages by MangaMaximus @ MS

The fight on tenrou island was reaching its climax, we believed, we believed... in our... victory. The boy who gazes into the sea, who bears the spirit of fairy tail on his shoulder, what are those eyes looking at, what are they trying to say?

sarutobi_sensei
May 16, 2011, 02:34 PM
Oh Em Gee!

Damn epic chapter incoming!

The fight between Guildartz and Bluenote is epic in epic proportions! And Friend&Bixlow vs Rustyrose is awesome as well! Rustyrose is getting hit badly :D Gogo Fried! Gogo Bixlow!

And why are people doubting that it's Zeref on the last page. Don't look @ the eyes, look @ the hair. It's Zeref, Urtear is the one telling the story about Zeref to Gray. And it's also most likely on FT island.

This is getting so good, finally some more history on Zeref and the Dragons and Fairy Tail itself. Though I wonder what Cana is saying on the pages she appears.

Can't wait for a translation.

RaveDragon
May 16, 2011, 02:44 PM
Oh Em Gee!

Damn epic chapter incoming!

The fight between Guildartz and Bluenote is epic in epic proportions! And Friend&Bixlow vs Rustyrose is awesome as well! Rustyrose is getting hit badly :D Gogo Fried! Gogo Bixlow!

And why are people doubting that it's Zeref on the last page. Don't look @ the eyes, look @ the hair. It's Zeref, Urtear is the one telling the story about Zeref to Gray. And it's also most likely on FT island.

This is getting so good, finally some more history on Zeref and the Dragons and Fairy Tail itself. Though I wonder what Cana is saying on the pages she appears.

Can't wait for a translation.

Me too, looking at Lucy's reaction to her words its either something along 'im not worthy to be an sclass blabla im scum' or something that made her think hard about the story she mentioned in the previous chapter but i think its got to do with Cana and her failure oof using FG and having Gil save her ^^

Anyone noticed how pensive Lucy seems at the end though i think it might be more than just what Cana said, i hope she uses Capricorn (guys lets face it she always says 'on no im outta magic' but ends up doing cool stuff =D). this girl gives me the theres more than what it seems vibe if not her its her mum who majorly gives me the badass vibes but nvvm Lucy for now what i want is the translation the dragons Zeref and Natsu xD

Natsu and Zeref twins i dont think so maybe they were very good friends ^^ like an idol for Natsu as i said and he started wearing similar gear?

Tmr we get translation me guesses i cant wait for it! FT promises to be starting some very good scenes and future arcs seem promising from this one xD

Razh
May 16, 2011, 02:47 PM
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but here's a translation of the last 2 pages by MangaMaximus @ MS

So it could be Romeo after all? I was sure it was a flashback, but still... If I was guessing without thinking I'd say it's Romeo, because he looks the same. Natsu is also a sort of hero figure to him, so it wouldn't be strange if he imitated him, with that tat and clothing. He sure grew fast though...

ocajavati
May 16, 2011, 03:09 PM
My... damn.

Fairy Tail is dishing out some serious awesome this week.

The Rajin Tribe is making Elfman look completely worthless in comparison. :pwned

The whole "we believe we would win" monologue on the side is rather foreboding.
Bad things will happen soon, no doubt.

chess4
May 16, 2011, 03:12 PM
the ole boy gildarts is not playing any games. every since zeref was introduced i started think that he wasnt the bad guy he was made out to be. i think he was a pawn of someone or something much more sinister.

Ero-Sanji
May 16, 2011, 03:19 PM
The little dude at the end? Probably Mavis as some mentioned. Just the title of the next chapter screams of it.

RaveDragon
May 16, 2011, 03:20 PM
The little dude at the end? Probably Mavis as some mentioned. Just the title of the next chapter screams of it.

really whats the title of the next chapter then? i really wish i could read jap ><

-Ken-
May 16, 2011, 03:24 PM
Chapter's out on mangastream. And wow, the fight blow my mind out.

monkey D luffy
May 16, 2011, 03:30 PM
wow this little boy looks just like a little natsu but with black hair!
i mean he has a scarf and a tattoo on his left shoulder, perheps this is zeref? maybe natsu is more then 400 years old like zeref? and he is sealed like him and he cant remember his past... that would answer so many question, and its a typical shounen twist...

monkey D luffy
May 16, 2011, 03:31 PM
posted this on the last chapter thread by accident:

wow this little boy looks just like a little natsu but with black hair!
i mean he has a scarf and a tattoo on his left shoulder, perheps this is zeref? maybe natsu is more then 400 years old like zeref? and he is sealed like him and he cant remember his past... that would answer so many question, and its a typical shounen twist...

RaveDragon
May 16, 2011, 03:31 PM
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69953&page=5
Like Ken said its out and looks awesome xD

Rarhyx
May 16, 2011, 03:32 PM
mashima draw the most awesome badass faces, no one can keep up with him IMO

and that guy at the last page remind me of a fusion of natsu and zeref .___.

Nonlife
May 16, 2011, 03:34 PM
(It's out on Mangastrema NOW.)

Who's the boy at the end of the chapter? He looks like a cross between Natus & Zeref b/c we KNOW Natsu didn't have dark hair as a child. It's obviously a flashback. Is it possible that Zeref somehow was reincarnated, b/c they speak of him as someone from a long time ago. Wait, could Zeref be the origin of magic, not just the demons of legend?

RaveDragon
May 16, 2011, 03:35 PM
Its nice how Gildartz said those words toBluenote some adult dont notice but what seems as stupid and just another event to them might mean a lot to kids like winning sports day its not just the fact they won its the fact they did it as a team ^^

The boy at the end of the chapter isnt from this time i think its a flashback Mavis or Hades i dont think so cuz he's Natsulike and zeref like, a young Zeref?

Tenrou woods also says its Zeref after all wasnt he hiding in these woods or maybe mavis whose grave is found on the islands in the woods maybe the island used to be his town?

jorped
May 16, 2011, 03:39 PM
Even Bluenote is having problems keeping up with Gildartz strength :amuse

Cool to see Fried and Bixlow serious , they really are very strong ! They could much possibly be S class mages.

I just wonder who that kid on the last page is.

Sollum
May 16, 2011, 03:42 PM
Wow... this chapter was awesome!

Just a food for thought - Mavis and Zeref might be brothers.

BinCs
May 16, 2011, 03:43 PM
The chapter is AH-MAY-ZING!

Guys, I don't think the boy on the last page is Zeref or Mavis. Actually, I think the past tense indicates that it's not a flashback, but rather a flashforward. Also, the space between panels isn't black. Seems more logical to me.

White Silver King
May 16, 2011, 03:45 PM
Awesome chapter! I'm OK with Rusty getting defeated if it's by Fried and Bixlow together, that's actually a sensible victory. I don't really care who wins the Gil/Blue fight, either way it will be bad ass. I forgot all about Erza's fight - hoping we get to see that too.

As for the boy, it's either Mavis or Zeref (though their eyes are completely different shapes) or possibly a very young Purehito.

Smit
May 16, 2011, 03:58 PM
Damn that was an awesome chapter. I especially liked the Absolute shadow spell from Fried. That form is so wicked.

About the boy. I think it is Zeref. Natsu and Zeref have a unique connection compared with the other dragon slayers. Yes I think Zeref is a DS and the "son"of the black dragon Gildarts encountered. Zeref clearly knows Natsu from his past and now with this boy the similar clothes and the scarf. Maybe they grew up together.

@Razh. Yeah could totally be Romeo looking in the direction of Tenrou island. But then my question is what use is it showing him at this point? (on a side note. Macou uses fire magic and it would be cool if he taught it to romeo)

ca12nag3
May 16, 2011, 04:00 PM
The chapter is AH-MAY-ZING!

Guys, I don't think the boy on the last page is Zeref or Mavis. Actually, I think the past tense indicates that it's not a flashback, but rather a flashforward. Also, the space between panels isn't black. Seems more logical to me.

not neccisarily, the boy could be from the past and have set up things on the island. I dunno how well guarded the island is but if its holy ground battling on it can have reprecusions. Specialy if Zeref is tied in.

If waging war between mages or even killing triggers something realy bad on the island who knows what might happen.

Razh
May 16, 2011, 04:02 PM
Geez, it's not a flashback, it's damn Romeo. I don't know how anyone can doubt that after actually reading it.

Same face, has a tattoo and clothes like his hero Natsu. Not much to it.

LoS
May 16, 2011, 04:02 PM
Mashima had built up Levy for a good bit only to have Fried and Bixlow come to the rescue. I am disappointed in that front, also, I don't like Bixlow's new pony tail design at all. Since he built her up I won't say that Rustyrose is down for the count, and he might make a comeback, but it sure is looking like Rusty has lost.

I want to see the Gil v Blue fight, but part of me wants Mashima to skip over to the end and have Hades and Urtear escape with Zeref already, since it has been apparent for bundles of chapters now(with or without Gray I really don't care).

shuha27
May 16, 2011, 04:06 PM
This chapter was epic! Love the scenes with Gildarts, Bixlow, and Fried. I hope they show parts from Azuma and Erza's fight. Who the heck is that kid on the last page? He looks just like Zeref and Natsu. Does anyone else feel a little bit worried by the way Lucy narrated the ending?

LoS
May 16, 2011, 04:08 PM
Geez, it's not a flashback, it's damn Romeo. I don't know how anyone can doubt that after actually reading it.

Same face, has a tattoo and clothes like his hero Natsu. Not much to it.

A ton of posters are going to be eating some crow, a bunch of people will be proven wrong.

Dylan21
May 16, 2011, 04:09 PM
It doesn't seem to me a flashback. I think the boy is just Romeo imitating Natsu(look at the scarf and the clothes, a poor attemp to imitate Natsu). It'll probably have nothing to do with the battle, it's probably just a distraction from Mashima or a way to demostrate the"determination to the future" Gildartz was talking about(something like the will of fire in naruto)

Rarhyx
May 16, 2011, 04:11 PM
who is romeo .___.

sarutobi_sensei
May 16, 2011, 04:12 PM
Well after reading the chapter, what Lucy is saying, seems to me that they still won't win the battle. She is talking in a way that makes me believe they will lose this battle. Srsl they will. Even if they are winning now, they'll still loose it soon.

The fights were awesome, Fried and Bixlow are awesome, Guildartz is epic. And the last page, that kid, I still don't believe that it's Romeo. I mean it could be, but I'm having trouble beliveing it.

The outline of the pages seem more like a past event or a future event, not a present one. Though if it was past, it'd probably be black outline and not that grayish outline.

I guess we'll see it next chapter. But logically thinking, it's probably Romeo that has sensed something.

But last time we saw him, during Oraccion Seis arc he wasn't this tall and wasn't wearing this outfit. Plus, what kind of magic could be possibly be using?

shuha27
May 16, 2011, 04:13 PM
who is romeo .___.

It's Macao Conbolt's son

ShiroPhoenix
May 16, 2011, 04:14 PM
After just reading this chapter it only leaves me saying one thing "Fried definitely deserves the title of s-class mage". It was so satisfying to finally see Rusty Rose knocked of his high horse (he "had" a serious ego complex), although I really hope he is not defeated that easily since it would be nice to see more of his power.

The boy on the last page is so confusing at the moment, at first glance I thought it was Romeo but then on closer inspection it does look like a yonger Zeref. Anyway for now since we have no idea what Mavis looks like I am just going to go with those two.

sarutobi_sensei
May 16, 2011, 04:17 PM
It doesn't seem to me a flashback. I think the boy is just Romeo imitating Natsu(look at the scarf and the clothes, a poor attemp to imitate Natsu). It'll probably have nothing to do with the battle, it's probably just a distraction from Mashima or a way to demostrate the"determination to the future" Gildartz was talking about(something like the will of fire in naruto)

Well it makes some sense.

But still, I'm saying they'll lose the battle soon. The way Lucy's narrating means they will lose and someone will die.
[hr]
Oh well, it's Romeo. Now I'm sure. The eyebrows, the hair, the eyes, it's him.

But why? Could it be only because of what Guildartz said or could it be something more? Could this battle have already happened (well it probably has since it's Lucy telling the story) and this is after Romeo hears the story and decides to make something?

So much possibilities, so much things to think.

Rarhyx
May 16, 2011, 04:20 PM
this lil' guy?
http://read.mangashare.com/Fairy-Tail/chapter-003/page028.html

meh, i don't believe it

sarutobi_sensei
May 16, 2011, 04:22 PM
That's one of the early pages from the manga. Well like really early. His design has changed. Look into FT wikia and when Charle and Wendy join the guild, he's there and different.

White Silver King
May 16, 2011, 04:22 PM
After just reading this chapter it only leaves me saying one thing "Fried definitely deserves the title of s-class mage". It was so satisfying to finally see Rusty Rose knocked of his high horse (he "had" a serious ego complex), although I really hope he is not defeated that easily since it would be nice to see more of his power.

I don't think so. Mira (who everyone like to count as the weakest S-Class for some reason) absolutely annihilated Fried, the only reason he's not dead is because she's not "The Demon" anymore. Fried and Bixlow together are nigh-unstoppable but individually they aren't comparable to Ezra, Mira, Laxus, etc.

And I'm hoping the kid isn't Romeo (though he does look exactly like him), what the hell is he going to do?

Ifrit
May 16, 2011, 04:27 PM
Do you guys think Zeref is the little boy n he's Natsu father >.> just a guess

Bixlow : Get up

Fried : There is no path to redemption for you.

that line was EPIC !!!

ShiroPhoenix
May 16, 2011, 04:29 PM

But still, I'm saying they'll lose the battle soon. The way Lucy's narrating means they will lose and someone will die.
<hr noshade size="1">

But why? Could it be only because of what Guildartz said or could it be something more? Could this battle have already happened (well it probably has since it's Lucy telling the story) and this is after Romeo hears the story and decides to make something?

After reading what you said two possibilities came into my mind. The first was that the battle has already ended and everyone died, thus Romeo is " carrying fairy tail on his back" as the new generation's Natsu (ridiculous I know but bear with me for now). The second being that he is about to join the battle with the other fairy tail mages. Once again I know both are ridiculous but I can't see anything else really happening since this battle seems like it's almost over and the only real problem now is hades and zeref (the last page really looks like the kind that should be on the first).

Razh
May 16, 2011, 04:33 PM

<hr noshade size="1">

Since Lucy is narrating, it wouldn't make sense to just jump to Zeref's younger days. Like, why?
Mashima is showing the legacy of Fairy Tail, Romeo is the next generation, Natsu is his hero, so he emulates him. I imagine the real reason he was shown has yet to be revealed.

ca12nag3
May 16, 2011, 04:41 PM
That's one of the early pages from the manga. Well like really early. His design has changed. Look into FT wikia and when Charle and Wendy join the guild, he's there and different.

You guys going by anime pictures of him? cause i dont recall Romeo having any significant entry in the Wendy joining FT part. And i double checked.

Seriously someone bought him some gell and he started doing pushups or else that aint Romeo. Just cause you see similarity doesnt mean its the same character. Also he looks up to his dad not perse natsu. So why would he dress up like Natsu?

Another thing is only the Guild reps can give someone a FT marker, it would be unusual if someone did so offscreen since Romeo is not a mage + where did he learn magic then? It all makes no sense unless we get a extensive background story seriously.

So for now im going with this being a background story starting. Also dont you people remember the Ul background story? As if that was all told in dark shade? no. So dont jump to conclusions to fast.

Aikidoka
May 16, 2011, 04:54 PM
This chapter was awesome! Okay, so there's no intelligence or plot to FT right now but who says fanservice is always bad? Not me!

Fried and Bixlow completely handed Rustyrose's ass back to him...it's nice to see his confident smirk wiped off his face. Just his luck to try to create some creature that Bixlow could control (at least that was my impression). The F&B team are a perfect match for Rustyrose's hax abilities.

And what's this about Romeo? I thought it was a flashback considering the gray border.

A Lurker
May 16, 2011, 05:01 PM
Good chapter. Fried was very cool.

Last two pages attract my attention the most.

The text in the last pages is quite vague, yet very suggestive:

1. The narrator (Lucy, I presume) talks in past tense ("we believed [in] our victory") so it suggests the end result will not be victory for Fairy Tail. Things are favorable for Fairy Tail right now, what will happen that changes that all of a sudden?

2. As she narrates, she already knows what happened. She says "is drawing to a close". So, the close is very near. What if it comes suddenly?

Then, we have the "boy in the last page" (that's Romeo anyway, but let's use a neutral definition) and the words about him.

1. "Carrying the spirit of Fairy Tail on his back... the young boy stares at the sea..." - Those are quite strong words. What if they really mean he "inherited" that spirit and now holds the responsibility for it?

2. "What do his eyes see... What story do they tell..." - A story? What if the boy will tell us a story about the past?

Finally, there is that gray background on last page. People are calling last page a flashback because of it. It would be odd if the background has no meaning, so I guess it has. But what if it is not a flashback but something else?

If you didn't get it yet, what I am suggesting is that the narrative will flashforward (which would explain why it looks like Romeo grew up). From that future, we will get to know what happened in the past: Fairy Tail almost won the battle against Grimoire Heart, however it came to a dramatic close all of a sudden due to the firing of Etherion. However, our heroes will come back, otherwise the story could not continue. Remember how Haru came back in Rave Master finale; remember how Natsu brought Erza back from the very Etherion. That will be Romeo's role. Just like Natsu brought him his father back, we will bring everyone back. How? I don't know. Maybe he will collect the 7 Dragon Balls... Whatever, this is what will happen, I am sure...

... Not. I am kidding. This is just a random and crazy prediction. Absolute nonsense.

EDIT: Oh, it seems BinCs also came up with the flashforward idea and posted it before me. I took too much time to write this stupid post... :(

EDIT 2: Oh, damn it again. ShiroPhoenix had already posted about everyone dying and Romeo carrying their spririt. Then again, that is such a stupid theory, even if there is more than one person thinking about it.

t3h20r
May 16, 2011, 05:07 PM
First of all, Zeref is somehow connected to Fairy Tail. There's no other reason why he'd be living on Tenrou Island otherwise. If he was just sealed, there's any number of other places for that. Is he a son/brother/reincarnation/representation/Majin Boo style brother of his, I don't know, but they somehow are connected, and deeply. The next thing's that, whether the page with the boy is future/present/past, the next chapter WILL speak of the past, that much should be obvious from the name.
And no, hell no, he's not Romeo for gods sake, he resembles even the old-man more than Romeo, 'xcept the old-man was kinda blonde at the time. Anyways, that much of useless info from me xD
Cheers!

Grizz
May 16, 2011, 05:09 PM
This chapter was simply awesome. it's nice to finally see gildarts pissed off, i hope he owns bluentote stinger, but that won't be a easy fight as most people think it will be. i got a feeling the injuries he recieved against the black dragon will kick in during the battle.

Fried and Bixlow. wow!! Very impressive #honestly. I never thought they'd make Rustyrose look that silly, seems like they were the only who are capable to compete with his type of magic. i love fried's Zetsuei attack.

silentone22
May 16, 2011, 05:14 PM
http://www.mangareader.net/135-43818-8/fairy-tail/chapter-165.html

Romeo's right above macao looks fairly similar

sarutobi_sensei
May 16, 2011, 05:25 PM
Oh damn I almost forgot about Etherion. So like you said, it could be some time after the battle and Etherion was fired and they disappeared. FT was probably disbanded after this or it became something entirely different.

Damn it's so good not to know what to expect right now!

A Lurker
May 16, 2011, 05:32 PM
Oh damn I almost forgot about Etherion. So like you said, it could be some time after the battle and Etherion was fired and they disappeared. FT was probably disbanded after this or it became something entirely different.

Damn it's so good not to know what to expect right now!
That's quite an evolution from your position some hours ago:

É assim mesmo, caralho!

Razh
May 16, 2011, 05:33 PM
If you didn't get it yet, what I am suggesting is that the narrative will flashforward (which would explain why it looks like Romeo grew up).

I think it's his normal growth. After all, a lot of time has passed since those first chapters and kids do grow fast, in mangas even more so.

Ifrit
May 16, 2011, 05:33 PM
the look on Mira face @ page 17 she was happy {^_^} awesome CHAPTER GO FAIRY TAIL !!!

A Lurker
May 16, 2011, 05:40 PM
I think it's his normal growth. After all, a lot of time has passed since those first chapters and kids do grow fast, in mangas even more so.

In my opinion there is no perceptible growth. The only reason I gave that explanation was because some posters said that he couldn't be Romeo because he would have grown up too fast. So, it was a joke about previous comments, not an evidence for flashforward.

ch1mera
May 16, 2011, 05:41 PM
According to Lucy, it's been 6 months since she joined Fairy Tail. And this was before the S mage trial.

http://www.mangareader.net/135-57514-6/fairy-tail/chapter-201.html

Not a lot of time, and I'm not sure if Romeo would grow up that fast in 6 months. He looks a grown up Romeo, so I'm joining the bandwagon and I assume this may be a timeskip.

Guildartz looks epic in this chapter, but I think Fried and Bixlow stole the spotlight XD I like Bixlow's new style btw XD

ca12nag3
May 16, 2011, 05:49 PM
http://www.mangareader.net/135-43818-8/fairy-tail/chapter-165.html

then everyone with black short hair looks similar...seriously

jimm120
May 16, 2011, 05:58 PM
who is romeo .___.

It's Macao Conbolt's son

and who is macao conbolt? Why is he important to the story?

EDIT: got the answer from the links.

He's the son of one of the mages from one of the early arcs...the one with the monkeys

A Lurker
May 16, 2011, 05:59 PM
then everyone with black short hair looks similar...seriously
Great. That is what I explained you before. That is why I said it could be Gray (that was an example). That is why there is not much reason to think the boy is Zeref: the only thing they have in common is the hair color.

sarutobi_sensei
May 16, 2011, 06:01 PM
After reading what you said two possibilities came into my mind. The first was that the battle has already ended and everyone died, thus Romeo is " carrying fairy tail on his back" as the new generation's Natsu (ridiculous I know but bear with me for now). The second being that he is about to join the battle with the other fairy tail mages. Once again I know both are ridiculous but I can't see anything else really happening since this battle seems like it's almost over and the only real problem now is hades and zeref (the last page really looks like the kind that should be on the first).

Someone is bound to die on this battle. Not everyone, but someone. Maybe some will also go missing.

And about him joining the battle, it'd make no sense and he'd be of no help.

Since Lucy is narrating, it wouldn't make sense to just jump to Zeref's younger days. Like, why?
Mashima is showing the legacy of Fairy Tail, Romeo is the next generation, Natsu is his hero, so he emulates him. I imagine the real reason he was shown has yet to be revealed.

I know, that's why I believe that it's Romeo not Zeref. After reading the chapter, learning what Guildartz said, I stood corrected, it's indeed Romeo.

That's quite an evolution from your position some hours ago:

É assim mesmo, caralho!
I know it is, like I said above, because I didn't know what was being said in the chapter, I thought it was young Zeref, now, I'm 90% sure it's Romeo.

A Lurker
May 16, 2011, 06:02 PM
Here is your answer:

Just kidding, Macao is a Fairy Tail member, the one Natsu and Lucy (and Happy xD) saved in their first mission together. Check chapters 2 and 3. Later, Macao helped Natsu run away from the guild when Erza was taken for a trial by the council.

sarutobi_sensei
May 16, 2011, 06:05 PM
Srsl? Macao, the guy with Purple Flare and Transformation magic? The one who Natsu saved on the 2nd episode and has been for some years in the guild?

The point is, Guildartz is saying that this exam meant was the children's dream, ambition, desire call it whatever you want. And showing Macao's son, Romeo, who has stated that he wants to become a FT Mage, shows that the dreams keep going trough the young ones.

Well, something like that anyway.

Razh
May 16, 2011, 06:06 PM
Not a lot of time, and I'm not sure if Romeo would grow up that fast in 6 months. He looks a grown up Romeo, so I'm joining the bandwagon and I assume this may be a timeskip.

He doesn't really look that grown. He's still a kid, with big head, small body, only he got some muscles on him, presumably from training hard to be like Natsu.

ch1mera
May 16, 2011, 06:25 PM
That kid is Zeref and Ultear's love child. That's why she is so obsessed with Zeref. It's because he is the father of her kid.

Seriously though,

Razh @ It could be Romeo in the present, but that would mean he became a FT mage and he actually has magical power. If so, I'd like to know more about him.

I really don't think it's a flashback btw. So it's either present of a flashforward.

Kuzumikun
May 16, 2011, 06:35 PM
the guy at the end is a flash back i believe D:
this chapter was what i expected fried and bixlow save levy and company xD
does this mean blue and gildarts are evenly matched?

White Silver King
May 16, 2011, 06:38 PM
Well, Blue said Gil overpowered him. It sounds to me like Gil is slightly more powerful - but that doesn't mean everything.

exacta
May 16, 2011, 06:52 PM
Pretty good chapter....I'm surprised Luxus didn't appear to fight Azuma. Ending is really strange.....I can't tell if them saying "they believed" is supposed to imply that they actually lost in the end or that the kid is going to tell the story of how Fairy Tail pulled a win out of their ass. Or maybe it means something entirely different.....

Ifrit
May 16, 2011, 07:13 PM
Just bec of FT mark on the boy shoulder that doesn't mean he's not Zeref have any1 seen Zeref shoulder ? the mark could still be on !!! I agree with ppl say Zeref is a dragon slayer the same dragon Gildartz met.
Anyway this is getting more n more intreasting for sure can't wait.
and any1 reallly think the kid is Romeo {O.o} I just can't see it xD NO WAY
My money on Zeref !!

ca12nag3
May 16, 2011, 07:24 PM
Great. That is what I explained you before. That is why I said it could be Gray (that was an example). That is why there is not much reason to think the boy is Zeref: the only thing they have in common is the hair color.

my coment was sarcasticaly ment. If by determining the boys relevance to the plot you need something to hang it up on. And not just shout about characters.

-Gray has a different character design totaly if you go and look at his chibi form, so even if this part of the story were a flashback it still wouldnt be Gray btw his mark is on a different location end of Gray option.

-Zeref is the great unknown in this story and we still know so little about him except that hes on this island for unknown reasons. Perhaps something reminds him of this place? He thought it was uninhabited remember. So for it to be a flashback of Zeref is a possibility.

-Mavis we dont even know what he looks like so its always a option its him.

-Romeo has no plot relevance whatsoever and its not like Mashima to add a plotelement halfway thrue the arc.

All added plotlines are inserted in the first 10% of the arc usualy. Im not going to give a thousand examples just to prove this point. So whoever this boy is its relevant to the startingpoint of this arc.

-Last option is this boy is a preview of a upcomming arc, usualy Mashima provides us with some hints in a arc or 2 before. But hes kinda in your face here in this arc so thats highly unlikely.
[hr]

Srsl? Macao, the guy with Purple Flare and Transformation magic? The one who Natsu saved on the 2nd episode and has been for some years in the guild?

The point is, Guildartz is saying that this exam meant was the children's dream, ambition, desire call it whatever you want. And showing Macao's son, Romeo, who has stated that he wants to become a FT Mage, shows that the dreams keep going trough the young ones.

Well, something like that anyway.

Rediculous, Romeo is a skinny little boy that looks up to his dads magical power (that isnt even that great). So portraying a buffed up boy (look his abs) with the guild emblem < can only get that from a official in the guild.
Overnight powerup? lol

IF the boy is Romeo then hes gonna die.

sarutobi_sensei
May 16, 2011, 07:56 PM
Well there's always other possibilities but right now it looks more like Romeo than anyone else. Sure he has a hint of Zeref, but still...

Anyway, next week we'll probably know.

@Ifrit, I think I can say that most people are certain that Zeref has something to do with Fairy Tail Guild.

bittman
May 16, 2011, 08:25 PM
The most interesting thing I found about the boy is that he looks exactly like Natsu minus the hair. FT mark in a similar place. Clothes of similar appearance. Hair of course hints Zeref, or even Romeo as people have suggested.

However, the panels are covered by a grey background. Typically flashbacks are shown in a black or grey background outline for panels.

My bets are Zeref, but other possible candadites to me would be Hades or Romeo. Could even possibly go with Ivan, though don't see how that would relate to this arc.

kkck
May 16, 2011, 08:32 PM
So.... the boy staring at the sea is a kid with a fairy tail tattoo who looks suspiciously like zeref and wears clothes suspiciously like natsu's? This made no sense to me lol. Could the kid be a dragon in disguise?

gigganook
May 16, 2011, 08:50 PM
I'm saying the Last Boy is Romeo.
He's wearing Natsu's outfit due to his own idolization. Dunno when or how he became a fairy tail mage though. Maybe through his father.

Zeltrax
May 16, 2011, 10:20 PM
I'm pretty sure that boy at the last page is Zeref.
After staring at it for a while, a theory came instantly to me.
What if Igneel raised Natsu to be another zeref?
Zeref is igneel's first discipline and because of something that happened, they were separated. Then, Igneel decided to "make another zeref" and that is natsu, the second discipline.
Or like the straw hat in one piece, the scarf and the clothes are pass on to "another generation" of some kind of position.
Like a chosen one or igneel's son will have the scarf and clothes or something?
Maybe its just the scarf because when natsu first joined ft, he didn't have those clothes.
I believe that Zeref lived over 1000 years, so he is older than natsu so this flashback may be taking place very very long ago.
Edit: Just found out that the scarf is different :fail

Askia32
May 16, 2011, 11:14 PM
With the borders surrounding the panel being grey meaning its probably a flashback, I'm pretty sure the boy is either Zeref or Mavis. My gut tells me its Zeref since there is some type of connection between him and Natsu.

senewe
May 16, 2011, 11:35 PM
I don't know if this sounds cheap, but I almost got heart attack when I read this action packed chap. well maybe because few other manga are currently not at their peak.

And for the boy who looks at the sea, I give my chips to Mavis Vermilion. That was deffinetely a flashback considering the background and the toning of that last page.

We always assume that FT has connection with Dragon. and call me crazy but seeing this I got impression that Mavis was a Dragon or worst scenarion He is Igneel himself

Krono
May 17, 2011, 12:08 AM
For those thinking the tense of the narration means something, I would like to remind you that some of Lucy's narration near the start of the arc was in the past tense as well.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c201/19.html

Lectro Volpi
May 17, 2011, 12:40 AM
Some random dude ranted about Gildarts being able to defeat everyone in GH except for Hades. I told him that Azuma was stronger or at least equal in power, serves him right!

The ending is a bit confusing. I am still betting that it is in present time.

shuha27
May 17, 2011, 01:23 AM
For those thinking the tense of the narration means something, I would like to remind you that some of Lucy's narration near the start of the arc was in the past tense as well.

That's because Lucy already went through all those events and wrote them in her book I guess. Her writing in past tense doesn't mean nothing will happen. The way she wrote the last narration means Fairy Tail will probably lose.

Guys I'm not definite about this but take a good look at the newspaper on the last page. It looks like the year X773. That's four years before the dragons disappeared.
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/22582241/20
Try zooming into the newspaper near the boys foot.

k0dach1
May 17, 2011, 02:24 AM
To be honest, I don't think its Zeref or Mavis.

Mavis was the first guild master of FT, this kid has the FT mark already, making it impractical for a kid to be the first guild master of FT.

Zeref was born long ago, when, I'm pretty sure, FT wasn't even created yet. So him having the FT mark seems improbable.

My guess is as good as any, but I'm thinking it could be Macao's kid. Maybe whole guild will come to the rescue? I don't know, but it seems like a nice story. Instead of only S class and S class applicants fighting, the whole guild comes to protect their holy land.

UNLESS:
I just thought of this now. Zeref, instead of being alive for thousands of years, keeps getting reincarnated. And the boy on the picture is the reincarnated Zeref, who is part of FT. And if the guy on top of me is correct, and this scene was 4 years before the disappearance of the dragons, it kinda makes sense.

Raijatsu
May 17, 2011, 02:48 AM
isnt it possible this last pages imply a time skip? you knwo like noone ever came back from the S-Class exams and now a future Fairy Tail is slowly uncovering the truth of what happened during those days? Maybe even with Lucy's diary as a hint of where to go.

Ifrit
May 17, 2011, 03:17 AM
To be honest, I don't think its Zeref or Mavis.

Mavis was the first guild master of FT, this kid has the FT mark already, making it impractical for a kid to be the first guild master of FT.

Zeref was born long ago, when, I'm pretty sure, FT wasn't even created yet. So him having the FT mark seems improbable.

My guess is as good as any, but I'm thinking it could be Macao's kid. Maybe whole guild will come to the rescue? I don't know, but it seems like a nice story. Instead of only S class and S class applicants fighting, the whole guild comes to protect their holy land.

UNLESS:
I just thought of this now. Zeref, instead of being alive for thousands of years, keeps getting reincarnated. And the boy on the picture is the reincarnated Zeref, who is part of FT. And if the guy on top of me is correct, and this scene was 4 years before the disappearance of the dragons, it kinda makes sense.

mmm..it's said that Zeref was sealed right. so we don't know how old is he or when he was born..just like no1 have any idea how old Natsu is.

Now correct me if I'm wrong I'm not sure of this but ...Mavis is 1'st master of FT then HADES them Makarov right ?

if I'm right then FT could be a really old guild Makarovv got the lead in the age of 40 how old was HADES when he gave it to him from his pic he looked old n now 48 years later HADES still alive how old is he ? n for how long did Mavis rule FT ?

Jose said that FT only got stronger n known in Makarov time as a leader.
some post above said no way FT could be that old. I think it's a possibility. Fairy Tail could be 400 years old

this is just a guess not sure what u guys think ..correct me if any above is wrong.

Razh
May 17, 2011, 03:44 AM
Rediculous, Romeo is a skinny little boy that looks up to his dads magical power (that isnt even that great). So portraying a buffed up boy (look his abs) with the guild emblem < can only get that from a official in the guild.
Overnight powerup? lol

Kid started training hard after he saw how Natsu saved his dad. 6 months later - BOOM - ABS!!! That's manga for you :p

We also saw Romeo in the guild when Wendy joined. Could mean that he had joined, but of course, doesn't need to mean anything. From his face there, one might think that he has a crush on Wendy too. Maybe he's worried about her. Just throwing things out.

Also, as for showing Romeo would have no plot relevance. I disagree. Let's not jump ahead of us. We are obviously going to find out what the relation to the plot is, even if there is any. Showing Luxus also didn't have any plot relevance, because Luxus likely won't return in this arc. But that doesn't mean he won't be a part of the plot in the future.

You guys, who think it couldn't possibly be Romeo need to stop being so exclusive. It's not like Mashima never pulled some unexpected stuff.
Romeo becoming a mage would certainly surprise me a lot less than finding out Gildartz is Cana's dad.

Sollum
May 17, 2011, 04:23 AM
Guys I'm not definite about this but take a good look at the newspaper on the last page. It looks like the year X773. That's four years before the dragons disappeared.

Well noted!

The best part in this chapter was showing some mages with brain - Bixlow and Fried. No hero crap, no "ama gona charge him with mah lazor!", no drama, just pure ownage and winning at all cost.

ca12nag3
May 17, 2011, 04:49 AM
Shuha27 indeed made a good notice, x773, so that puts Romeo in the bin. Unless he suddenly gained the ability to timetravel as well?
[hr]

Kid started training hard after he saw how Natsu saved his dad. 6 months later - BOOM - ABS!!! That's manga for you :p

We also saw Romeo in the guild when Wendy joined. Could mean that he had joined, but of course, doesn't need to mean anything. From his face there, one might think that he has a crush on Wendy too. Maybe he's worried about her. Just throwing things out.

Also, as for showing Romeo would have no plot relevance. I disagree. Let's not jump ahead of us. We are obviously going to find out what the relation to the plot is, even if there is any. Showing Luxus also didn't have any plot relevance, because Luxus likely won't return in this arc. But that doesn't mean he won't be a part of the plot in the future.

You guys, who think it couldn't possibly be Romeo need to stop being so exclusive. It's not like Mashima never pulled some unexpected stuff.
Romeo becoming a mage would certainly surprise me a lot less than finding out Gildartz is Cana's dad.

Im not being exclusive dont put words in my mouth, I said it could be Zeref,Mavis or a new character. All i heard from Romeo ranting is Romeo Romeo .... and no Juliette....lol.

Anyways it cant be him, newspaper says x773 as Shuha27 notices. So stop saying its Romeo. And yes this is a backflash.

Rarhyx
May 17, 2011, 05:18 AM
what if...:

...natsu and zeref are brothers?(or like best friends, but due some happening natsu forogot about him/lost memory and everyone in FT also)

and this happening had to do something with/on the island?
maybe thats why zeref was on the island

Ifrit
May 17, 2011, 05:20 AM
I don't think they related unless Zeref is Natsu father xD

sarutobi_sensei
May 17, 2011, 05:28 AM
That's because Lucy already went through all those events and wrote them in her book I guess. Her writing in past tense doesn't mean nothing will happen. The way she wrote the last narration means Fairy Tail will probably lose.

Great finding! It is indeed in the past, 4 years in the past to be precise. So it is someone other than Romeo. Our first assumption was right! Glad I didn't say I was 100% sure, just 90 xD

ca12nag3
May 17, 2011, 05:44 AM
Great finding! It is indeed in the past, 4 years in the past to be precise. So it is someone other than Romeo. Our first assumption was right! Glad I didn't say I was 100% sure, just 90 xD

no not 4 years in the past.

x777 is 7 years before natsu met lucy, the date on the newspaper is x773. That makes it rougly 12 years ago~

Lucy and Natsu met 1 year ago so the current date is more or less x785~

wooticus
May 17, 2011, 06:09 AM
wow really nice catch there.

if it's 773 then we can be quite sure that it isn't mavis vermillion either. so 99% probability for zeref

goldb
May 17, 2011, 06:09 AM
Nice chapter I thought, action packed and I loved the both Gildarts' and Bixlow and Freid's fights. At first glance, looking at the boy who stares at the sea, I thought it was Zeref, but now I'm not too sure....:headscratch

Sollum
May 17, 2011, 06:41 AM
Up until now, i noticed two similarities with the Bay Boy and Zeref hair. The hairstyle looks the same.

Yet, when Zeref talks, his hairstyle.... "shifts" from left, to right.
When Zeref was sad, his hair spikes shifted to the right.
When Urtear approached him, his spikes shifted to the left.

Hmmm... One of Natsu's abilities is "Flame of emotion".... So maybe Zeref is owner of "Hairstyle of emotion"? Prime of all the magic? xD

sarutobi_sensei
May 17, 2011, 06:44 AM
Oh sorry, didn't do the math right. So 12 years in the past, it can't even be Natsu.

Wait, this is before even Natsu joined Fairy Tail, 4 years before the dragons disappeared, 4 years before Layla disappeared, it's pointing even more that it's Zeref.

Could Zeref be the one talking on the next chapter? Telling us what happened 12 years ago?
[hr]
Do we know how many years Natsu was with Igneel?

1337 haxor
May 17, 2011, 06:53 AM
x773? Where are you people buying ninja googles? XD

Anyway it's in the past for sure and I think this might be Zeref.

This leaves open a possibility that we haven't tought of before, the dragon slayers are actually reincarnating figures rather than just extremely old ones.

This explains how Wendy can still be a child while Natsu and Gazille are both young adults despite them all being chronologically the same.

It also explains how Zeref didn't die upon defeat last time.

Whenever they are killed or die out of old age the dragon slayers use the Dr. Who Trick, they basically cheat dead by restarting their life cycle from the beggining.

Zeref so far was the only one who managed to recover his memories and his new life under FT made him realize how wrong his past action were.

He probably left the guild once his powers began running out of control and him being in Tenrou Island now becomes more than just a coincidence.

A big friend of his in FT put him on the island because Mavis light and the barrier would prevent anyone from finding Zeref while keeping his darkness at bay.

It also explains why he could remember Natsu and was dissapointed when the later couldn't.

In their past lives Natsu was probably the only Dragon Slayer of Zeref's caliber and played a big part in stopping him, had Natsu remembered and mastered his former power he would be capable of finally killing his sleeping state once and for all.

There also must be a rule that only a DS can kill another DS but it seems that there is another unspoken force which powers rivals or surpasses that of the Slayers and Lucy seems related to it.

Darjaille
May 17, 2011, 07:34 AM
I can zoom and still cannot see anything but blur :D
But I'm gonna believe you guys :D It's not just a coincidence that on the very mysterious page is a newspaper sheet :D
Looks like we're getting info pack next chapter (after action pack of this one :D), I have to say I'm 99% sure it's Zeref. I can be wrong, but let me believe it for a while :D Mavis not, Hades not, Romeo not, that persona must be Zeref.

@1337 haxor - yep, the "reincarnation" thing is likely. Unless Natsu and others DS don't age, and we saw chibi Natsu and Wendy too (and Gajeel and Natsu surely are older than 80)

Earlier, we saw Mest's ability - modulating memories, so it could be that older members of FT just doesn't remember him (not saying Mest did it, just it's possible Zeref/anyone has similar ability) - or also, so far noone from the old generation got a glance of Zeref and they didn't know that the person in their guild was Zeref.

Sooo excited for next chapter ^_^

A Lurker
May 17, 2011, 07:37 AM
Why is X773 given as a fact already? There is too much blur. The 2nd number could be a 9. X793 maybe? I don't think so, but just pointing that it is impossible to read those numbers. All we can do is to guess what those numbers are.

Mudas de opinião como da noite pró dia caralho... prá semana vais dizer o contrário, dessa vez com 100% de certeza.

Read my signature.

Ero-Sanji
May 17, 2011, 07:51 AM

x777 is 7 years before natsu met lucy, the date on the newspaper is x773. That makes it rougly 12 years ago~

This is really interesting. 12 years ago Lucy was 6, no? Judging from Natsus appearance he too should be around that age, at least physically.

What we do no from around that time is that Natsu, Wendy and Gazille are currently with their dragons but why isn't this supposed dragon slayer with his? I mean his clothes and tattoo position are heavily hinting toward him being a dragon slayer.

The does heavily resemble Zeref and the mention of a black dragon, the fangs and knowledge of Natsu just as the facts that his magic reacts to Natsu's scarf and that he's currently on Tenrou island which also happens to be the title of the next chapter(tenrou woods) are all little things hinting at Zeref being a dragon slayer.

swordsaintscoot
May 17, 2011, 08:41 AM
1. If Natsu didn't always have those clothes, and it is indeed Zeref then perhaps when Zeref says 'Natsu can't defeat him yet' it's not referring to something hundreds of years ago, but maybe he met natsu more recently than that. Possibly the very reason Natsu got the scarf from Igneel in the first place, they both met Zeref, and Igneel protected Natsu from him back then. The fact the scarf got hurt protecting Natsu from Zeref's deathwaves would make sense if its not just a scarf. What if it's a scarf made from Igneel himself? Igneel protected Natsu those many years ago, and because he was injured was the reason he left (possibly to find Grandine the first time, learning of Wendy's future too) but when he left he chose to leave natsu a piece of himself to protect him in the future. Maybe the reasons the dragons left were because Zeref was looking for them and causing them harm? It's a longshot, but whatever.

2. SHOUTOUT TO LURKER: When I read your first post about it being Romeo I was like huh? Then I was like, wait a sec, wow! So similar. I agree, when I read your first few posts (before mentioning it was a flashforward) I thought to myself that it was probably a flashforward, a glimpse in to the future.

The words last spoken heavily infer that Fairy Tail loses, but what happens from there we don't know. The idea it's Romeo immitating Natsu, the hero who saved his dad is nice. I believe it anyway. I'm fairly confident it's a flashforward to Romeo.

I also agree it's way to blurry to see the newspaper. And the scarf is important, I believe it to be Romeo's chosen scarf since obviously he can't one like Natsu. The hair is the same. (longer but waves in the same direction) Even the eyes are the same.

Oh and props to your trolling. When I was reading the responses to you I was stunned at how many people weren't getting it lol.

I believe one of the first signs of a loss to Fairy Tail will be Gray. I believe Urtear will turn him. They will get +1 in this war, Gray will switch sides and their numbers will rise again. Bluenote will win over Gildartz after a difficult fight. Remember that even though Gildartz purely overpowered him, look at the state gildartz is in after the black dragon, do you really think he has the same stamina and agility?

Remember, Hades is still on the side-lines. His guild members may lose battles, but they will win the war even if Hades has to join.

I'll add one more thing, Romeo is probably one of the more important Fairy Tail members NOT ON THE ISLAND. Now assuming something does happen, then the Fairy's not on the island will have their own stories from here.

Laxus may very well take over in a much different way, no succession right at all. Why? Makarov never returned, neither did the rest of them. Laxus now leads the severely hurt fairies searching for them to learn of what happened on the day of the exam.

Ifrit
May 17, 2011, 09:01 AM
1. If Natsu didn't always have those clothes, and it is indeed Zeref then perhaps when Zeref says 'Natsu can't defeat him yet' it's not referring to something hundreds of years ago, but maybe he met natsu more recently than that. Possibly the very reason Natsu got the scarf from Igneel in the first place, they both met Zeref, and Igneel protected Natsu from him back then. The fact the scarf got hurt protecting Natsu from Zeref's deathwaves would make sense if its not just a scarf. What if it's a scarf made from Igneel himself? Igneel protected Natsu those many years ago, and because he was injured was the reason he left (possibly to find Grandine the first time, learning of Wendy's future too) but when he left he chose to leave natsu a piece of himself to protect him in the future. Maybe the reasons the dragons left were because Zeref was looking for them and causing them harm? It's a longshot, but whatever.

2. SHOUTOUT TO LURKER: When I read your first post about it being Romeo I was like huh? Then I was like, wait a sec, wow! So similar. I agree, when I read your first few posts (before mentioning it was a flashforward) I thought to myself that it was probably a flashforward, a glimpse in to the future.

The words last spoken heavily infer that Fairy Tail loses, but what happens from there we don't know. The idea it's Romeo immitating Natsu, the hero who saved his dad is nice. I believe it anyway. I'm fairly confident it's a flashforward to Romeo.

I also agree it's way to blurry to see the newspaper. And the scarf is important, I believe it to be Romeo's chosen scarf since obviously he can't one like Natsu. The hair is the same. (longer but waves in the same direction) Even the eyes are the same.

Oh and props to your trolling. When I was reading the responses to you I was stunned at how many people weren't getting it lol.

I believe one of the first signs of a loss to Fairy Tail will be Gray. I believe Urtear will turn him. They will get +1 in this war, Gray will switch sides and their numbers will rise again. Bluenote will win over Gildartz after a difficult fight. Remember that even though Gildartz purely overpowered him, look at the state gildartz is in after the black dragon, do you really think he has the same stamina and agility?

Remember, Hades is still on the side-lines. His guild members may lose battles, but they will win the war even if Hades has to join.

I'll add one more thing, Romeo is probably one of the more important Fairy Tail members NOT ON THE ISLAND. Now assuming something does happen, then the Fairy's not on the island will have their own stories from here.

Laxus may very well take over in a much different way, no succession right at all. Why? Makarov never returned, neither did the rest of them. Laxus now leads the severely hurt fairies searching for them to learn of what happened on the day of the exam.

ur idea n way of thinking scares me xD

if what ur saying is right n Fairy Tail gonna lose this war..u should know that means Gildartz die along with Marakov...injured or not injured do u think Gildartz is the kind of guy will admit defeat or holdback...NEVER either he's gonna win n kick bluenote ass or he will die trying just like he almost died doing the 100 year quest.

What you say could really happen but I hope not !

and despite this great chapter n they way things are turned around...the image of Natsu crying still ...something is gonna happen.

NAM61
May 17, 2011, 09:03 AM
we dont know anything of natsus past before he met igneal maybe Zeref is related to natsu someway like a brother or something.maybe the person who dies and natsu cries for in charlies vision is Zeref and natsu cries because he remember who he is possibly his brother. a stretch but we never know.

ca12nag3
May 17, 2011, 09:04 AM
...and newspapers of x773 just happen to be drawn for no particular reason. Someone actualy collecting them newspapers dated 12 years ago? think not. So realy that aint Romeo. And its 100% a flashback. Or Mashima is just trolling us and we cant take anything for fact in this manga.

Ifrit
May 17, 2011, 09:09 AM
...and newspapers of x773 just happen to be drawn for no particular reason. Someone actualy collecting them newspapers dated 12 years ago? think not. So realy that aint Romeo. And its 100% a flashback. Or Mashima is just trolling us and we cant take anything for fact in this manga.

Agree...why would Romeo copy Natsu he wanna be just like his father always wearing the "S" t shirt like his father neckless.

kkck
May 17, 2011, 10:37 AM
The idea that that kid is romeo is the most absurd thing I have heard in a while. He is a brat who is not a mage of fairy tail who as far as we know does not have any magic power. The kid does not even look like romeo for crying out loud (just look at the brat back then). More importantly, romeo is IRRELEVANT, this new kid is obviously relevant to the story as it suddenly shifted focus from 3 important fights to him.

Considering he looks like a kid version of zeref with natsu's clothes I would think this kid is somehow deeply connected to the history of the manga....

meepers4982
May 17, 2011, 10:39 AM
this was an absolutely excellent chapter, i think the panel with romeo is a flashforward and will tell us the rest of the events that took place on the island or at least what happened to the characters after everyones fights conclude. I think through the last narration it is pretty safe to assume that fairytail is going to loose and that their going to be missing in some way or another.
@kkck
i dont think hes a mage of fairytail, i think hes trying to copy natsu after current events are revealed to the rest of the clan.

Darjaille
May 17, 2011, 11:00 AM
First I thought that Lucy's (narrator) "We believed in it" means that even though in the beginning, the GH was so hyped and should be so much stronger than FT, they kept believing in their victory and that's why they came out - I'm not saying 'victorious' cause I think at least Ultear (and probably Hades too) will survive, but flee with Zeref (so that isn't victory for FT) - alive.

I mean, you guys really think that the whole guild (ones that are on Tenrou island) is going to by annihilated and main hero will be (for a while) Romeo? REALLY?

And if it's not ↑, I don't think that the chapter would be named after Romeo just because Gildartz mentions future generation and so we have a glance on Romeo.
Doesn't make sense for me.

--
(But I will be laughing if I'm 100% wrong and this is actually really true :D :D )

RaveDragon
May 17, 2011, 11:24 AM
not neccisarily, the boy could be from the past and have set up things on the island. I dunno how well guarded the island is but if its holy ground battling on it can have reprecusions. Specialy if Zeref is tied in.

If waging war between mages or even killing triggers something realy bad on the island who knows what might happen.

I agree i think its a flashback but since none of the characters are having it and its narrated it could explain the gray intstead of black background.

The boy looks amazingly like Romeo i know but whats the point of a flash forward or showing him? plus he cant have grown that much in 6 months?

So to me its this in order of possibilities
Zeref
Hades/Puherito
Mavis
Romeo

This chapter was epic! Love the scenes with Gildarts, Bixlow, and Fried. I hope they show parts from Azuma and Erza's fight. Who the heck is that kid on the last page? He looks just like Zeref and Natsu. Does anyone else feel a little bit worried by the way Lucy narrated the ending?

you're not alone but from the beginning of the arc from when Lucy said she was going to play a part she never imagined i got a wierd worried feeling :/

and yeah this
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/22582241/19

the 'we believed...' it makes me think they lost bigtime, probably their pride got hurt but from this loss (if they do lose which i think so) they will grow more mature and stronger ^^

it would be really sad if everyone died and what about thier stories and all the things they left to do plus i doubt the lighthearted story Mashima wants to portray FT with ends up with ALL main characters dead :/
Also lucy narrates in past tense thus it strongly suggests she lives xp
hence if Lucy lives why not all the others, someone though might not survive it is heavily hinted :s

http://www.mangareader.net/135-43818...apter-165.html

Unless we are really getting a flashforward we see Romeo clearly is way too young, i mean compare to Wendy if he grew up that much why not she?
then again cant it be someone from the past who will be explaining something that will happen on the island that was prepared because maybe this boy foresaw Zeref or was part of the people who helped to place Zeref and sealing him on the islands,his senpais maybe did it and he was entrusted to look after FT cuz they didnt survive?
Thats what the title in the neaxt chapter suggests to me

Also when did Romeo start idolozing his Natsu and drop his idolozing of Macou? (aka daddy?)

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_...3/c201/19.html

This past tense shows that she is still alive also no no dieing >.<
this is also the scene that makes me think Lucy is in big trouble xD

Quote: Krono View Post

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_...3/c201/19.html

this totally confirms its not Romeo!
[hr]

Its also the year Lucy's mum died i dont know if its related but that woman is suspicious and i doubt Mashima drew it THIS obvious
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7183-15/fairy-tail/chapter-68.html
for nothing

I wonder if we will find why she died and the dragons disappeared? she was 24 at the time :/

sarutobi_sensei
May 17, 2011, 11:50 AM
Why is X773 given as a fact already? There is too much blur. The 2nd number could be a 9. X793 maybe? I don't think so, but just pointing that it is impossible to read those numbers. All we can do is to guess what those numbers are.

Mudas de opinião como da noite pró dia caralho... prá semana vais dizer o contrário, dessa vez com 100% de certeza.

Read my signature.
Olha lá, mas o que é que tu queres afinal caralho? Deves ter a puta da mania que mandas no fórum. Tás com problemas, mudas-te, é simples.

And it's a seven. Zoom it up, clean the image, and you find a 7.

Ifrit
May 17, 2011, 11:57 AM
not another theory of FT gonna lose plz Q_Q.....guys FT lose = Gildartz die again Gildartz won't admit defeat or hold back the only way he lose from bluenote is by death if that happen I ain't watching Fairy Tail {>.<} and I'm starting to be pissed off @ Laxus where the hell are u I'm dropping u from the #1 best Mage in FT -_-

and I'm starting to get the idea of Natsu crying image is bec he's the one carrying Marakov ...so he might try to talk to him or look @ him in the end of this arc to find that he died Q_Q

matzik1212
May 17, 2011, 12:45 PM
the kid looks very much with zeref but i think he's not him 'cause he has the FT tattoo ...about being romeo if i didn't google it i wouldn't know even now who were you talking about :) and the end of the chapter seems to start some events from the past so he couldn't be the one....
.i think next we will finally find out the connection between zeref and natsu ^_^...i'm really curious why does zeref knows natsu when he's supposed to have lived a long time ago in fact this all deal about zeref is a whole mystery so i guess this is what we will see next

zelllogan
May 17, 2011, 12:47 PM
Gildartz , bixlow & fried are there ... Luxus is left & will definetly come later.

I hope we're not going to have a flashback. I already have trouble to not fell asleep with the "one piece" one.

RaveDragon
May 17, 2011, 12:52 PM
Guys do you remember in the Nirvana arc Natsu said he hear Wendy's name before no? maybe the dragon slayers actually knew each other already and Zeref too unless i cant remember where Natsu remembered when he heard that name already ^^

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7248-6/fairy-tail/chapter-133.html
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7248-7/fairy-tail/chapter-133.html

Maybe the dragon slayers like some already said are really reincarnations and Natsu triggered his old memories?

sarutobi_sensei
May 17, 2011, 01:15 PM
That's one of the theories I have. That the Dragon Slayers right now, are in a child like form of they're former selfs. Too many hints point towards it, the dragons missing, Natsu and Gajeel not being able to pass trough the barrier in Festival Battle, Natsu remembering Wendy's name from somewhere, the prophecy that Poliusca made regarding 3 dragon slayers and FT, Guildartz stating that someday Natsu will as well become a Dragon, Zeref knowing Natsu, the scarf protecting Natsu, Makarov's statement when Natsu stopped his own magic course and then reactivated it.

I mean, all these things are connected and there has to be a reason for it. We'll probably learn more of it soon.

But basically, my theory is that something caused Zeref to went berserk, Natsu and other DS were his friends or something and the Dragon's were actually theirs, not to say their pets but partners or something, and they needed to spend most of their power in order to seal away what could be causing the berserk Zeref, as a side effect, they returned to their child form, the Dragon's took care of them, their memories were lost and then something happened that made the dragon's go into hiding.

And Wendy, well there are 2 things that could've happened, she needed to spend more of her own magic in order to save them or she still wasn't a full fledged Mage and so she became smaller, as in, she spent more energy than she could.

And then there's also the fact that Shagotte (Exteria Queen) said something regarding the DS's.

Rarhyx
May 17, 2011, 01:18 PM
i have a crazy idea that all the ds are brothers and sisters or something like that .___.

Sevenheadedmirror
May 17, 2011, 01:18 PM
why? why not get a competent villain? why has Hades covered himself with shmucks and imbeciles that can't do shit right. Why hasn't he got a single competent person but for himself?, one would suppose forbidden magic had advantages, it clearly does not. The only respectable villains just got scared and overpowered, while Azuma hasn't even appeared, why did the author presented us a monster team if they are going to suck?.

Darjaille
May 17, 2011, 01:32 PM
Also, I don't know if it's old or not (relatively new to FT), but Gajeel and Wendy wear similar clothes too (those "wings" or what is that), so maybe Gajeel and Wendy grew up together and so did Natsu and Zeref and that's why they wore similar clothes.
(Ofc I'm assuming Zeref's a DS - that's canon for me :D)

--
why? why not get a competent villain? why has Hades covered himself with shmucks and imbeciles that can't do shit right. Why hasn't he got a single competent person but for himself?, one would suppose forbidden magic had advantages, it clearly does not. The only respectable villains just got scared and overpowered, while Azuma hasn't even appeared, why did the author presented us a monster team if they are going to suck?.

You expected GH own everybody? That ain't how it goes in shonen, right? Fact that Makarov, Mira, Elfman, Eve were knocked, Natsu, Lucy, Wendy and Cana were s***wed until the strongest mage of FT appeared, same with Lisanna and don't-remember-who's-with-her until fresh Freed and Bixlow appeared...
Ok, the Meldy-Juvia fight was a little bit disappointing, but other.. that's how it goes.

ca12nag3
May 17, 2011, 01:33 PM

Hmm, so far i havnt seen anything in this arc that isnt consistant with FT. It would be nice to see some real villain action and im sure we will get that now the arc gets close to its end. Its written all over this arc that its going to have a sad end so we better wait and see before judging ^^.

Ninja_Pirate
May 17, 2011, 01:51 PM
That's one of the theories I have. That the Dragon Slayers right now, are in a child like form of they're former selfs. Too many hints point towards it, the dragons missing, Natsu and Gajeel not being able to pass trough the barrier in Festival Battle, Natsu remembering Wendy's name from somewhere, the prophecy that Poliusca made regarding 3 dragon slayers and FT, Guildartz stating that someday Natsu will as well become a Dragon, Zeref knowing Natsu, the scarf protecting Natsu, Makarov's statement when Natsu stopped his own magic course and then reactivated it.

I mean, all these things are connected and there has to be a reason for it. We'll probably learn more of it soon.

But basically, my theory is that something caused Zeref to went berserk, Natsu and other DS were his friends or something and the Dragon's were actually theirs, not to say their pets but partners or something, and they needed to spend most of their power in order to seal away what could be causing the berserk Zeref, as a side effect, they returned to their child form, the Dragon's took care of them, their memories were lost and then something happened that made the dragon's go into hiding.

And Wendy, well there are 2 things that could've happened, she needed to spend more of her own magic in order to save them or she still wasn't a full fledged Mage and so she became smaller, as in, she spent more energy than she could.

And then there's also the fact that Shagotte (Exteria Queen) said something regarding the DS's.
Woah thats a long post.. Nice... but how is it related to the current chapter.. completely lost :blink

Anyways.. i read all the posts .. phew it was tiring,,, but some crazy ideas had some lol moments for sure...
the boy shown at the end page cud be grey.. lol...
he cud be a dragon.. lol lol.. i guess we all know how dragon looks like :p ....

and x773.. hmm.. does dates on japanese news paper always written in english.. i dont know if it is.. :oh ,, some person from there can clarify abt the local newspapers... i can see only mavis or romeo as the boy.. the town do look like magnolia town to me.. and next chapter "tenoru woods" will be back to island.. and belief in victory can relates to the first chapter .. since we have only seen romeo as the coming generation in FT till date.. and gildartz talking of future generation too (less significant though) ..

"we believed" could be narration for current time on tenrou island narrated in future.. or the story of past which is known to lucy..that indicates the belief of first master of FT... so possibility of him being mavis.. but has lucy narrated the flashbacks before,,, i guess not...

But to pull out a flash back in such situation or even shifting the story is an art.... seriously.. and i dont think that it cud lead to a time skip.. that will leave so many questions.. who will answer that.. can-gildartz... natsu.. lucy s mom.. so many things... so they will pull out from this situation with may be some minor loss...

but yeah.. predictions like he cud b gray.. seriously :blink

EDIT: Gildartz was kick ass... woohhh :)

kkck
May 17, 2011, 01:53 PM
Stop the nonsense! That kid is not romeo! He does not even look like romeo for crying out loud. There is also no indication that that kid is in some other timeline... And yes, he is a mage of fairy tail considering he does have a tattoo. I guess it is within the realm of possibilities that the tattoo is fake but given the context of the chapter it seems by far the least likely scenario. This kid is somehow related to fairy tail, and he will definitely be relevant to the story.

RaveDragon
May 17, 2011, 01:53 PM
Hmm, so far i havnt seen anything in this arc that isnt consistant with FT. It would be nice to see some real villain action and im sure we will get that now the arc gets close to its end. Its written all over this arc that its going to have a sad end so we better wait and see before judging ^^.

agreed. FT will be crushed in spirit for sure and they'll survive the fight but with many scars and that's a good thing ^^ even if they win in reality i predict something will happen that for them this win will be bull and they'll be devastated.

Lucy seems to be the one who will be caught in the middle, what surprise will she have in serve for us that she told us about?

I mean her mum might have been involved with that boy n the year X773 she was still alive and running :s or maybe its the info on the single source of magic she has xD

Lol either she pulls an Elie and her family from her mums side is the one who posseses this magic or guards it or the zodiac keys are the ones o unlock it or a Nami and Hades takes her hostage (cause shes the "weakest" ans easiest to handle) and might be more than she seems ^^
Her mums words to Capricorn were suspicious

This flashback might be one of the links to Layla the dragons and Zeref its gonna be awesome!

Edit: im saying this because in edolas they said Lucys magic was very similar to anima which was something quite huge and possibly related to the single source of magic

Ninja_Pirate
May 17, 2011, 01:58 PM
Stop the nonsense! That kid is not romeo! He does not even look like romeo for crying out loud. There is also no indication that that kid is in some other timeline... And yes, he is a mage of fairy tail considering he does have a tattoo. I guess it is within the realm of possibilities that the tattoo is fake but given the context of the chapter it seems by far the least likely scenario. This kid is somehow related to fairy tail, and he will definitely be relevant to the story.

Yes the time line is not shown.. but there is always a possibility which u cant deny.. ur denying someones prediction so confidently.. :o

The only kid we have seen related to fairy tail in whom we have seen the fire to join the guild is romeo..Moreover he is the closest resembling introduced person in Fairy Tail...

and u really wanna talk abt the growth in mangas.. lets talk about coby in one piece :)

Sevenheadedmirror
May 17, 2011, 02:06 PM
You expected GH own everybody? That ain't how it goes in shonen, right? Fact that Makarov, Mira, Elfman, Eve were knocked, Natsu, Lucy, Wendy and Cana were s***wed until the strongest mage of FT appeared, same with Lisanna and don't-remember-who's-with-her until fresh Freed and Bixlow appeared...
Ok, the Meldy-Juvia fight was a little bit disappointing, but other.. that's how it goes.

Everybody? I expected them to win battles. The Gravity guy was clearly the competitor of Gildarts and I expect everybody from FT to be a little tired of kicking their counterpart's ass. The only fair win was the now scared guy, while Azuma's win was due to the demon girl getting tired, why not give us the same excuse for heroes losing? Natsu getting crazy could have been Zancrow taking advantage of the shock of a non-dead Makarov (which makes the author officially a wuss 'cause he had given all prior signs that he had killed him -specially the will part-) and Sneak attack him.

On a different note I didn't expected it but what is wrong with a flawless villain win?. Villains winning makes them more awesome and more dangerous to the heroes (GM vs Ichigo as an example or every DBZ battle when a new villain was presented). Let's for example review the, paraphrased, entering word's 'In FT's greatest crisis!...' I was like: seriously?, this guys?. The problem is that FT had announced itself as 'shit is turning awesome' so while I merely read it ever now and then, placing it little attention for its average low quality, in comparison to other mangas; This time I visualized the author jumping 'I swear there will be something cool' and it's just heroes looking good by beating villains. Good but it has now gotten tiring, why not give them a sense of growth by defeating a villain that had formerly beaten them?

RaveDragon
May 17, 2011, 02:16 PM
Everybody? I expected them to win battles. The Gravity guy was clearly the competitor of Gildarts and I expect everybody from FT to be a little tired of kicking their counterpart's ass. The only fair win was the now scared guy, while Azuma's win was due to the demon girl getting tired, why not give us the same excuse for heroes losing? Natsu getting crazy could have been Zancrow taking advantage of the shock of a non-dead Makarov (which makes the author officially a wuss 'cause he had given all prior signs that he had killed him -specially the will part-) and Sneak attack him.

On a different note I didn't expected it but what is wrong with a flawless villain win?. Villains winning makes them more awesome and more dangerous to the heroes (GM vs Ichigo as an example or every DBZ battle when a new villain was presented). Let's for example review the, paraphrased, entering word's 'In FT's greatest crisis!...' I was like: seriously?, this guys?. The problem is that FT had announced itself as 'shit is turning awesome' so while I merely read it ever now and then, placing it little attention for its average low quality, in comparison to other mangas; This time I visualized the author jumping 'I swear there will be something cool' and it's just heroes looking good by beating villains. Good but it has now gotten tiring, why not give them a sense of growth by defeating a villain that had formerly beaten them?

You keep forgetting to whom the manga is directed, the audience its directed to is young and doesnt want to see his/her heroes die.

Plus mashima said that he wanted to make a fun story unlike his previous work which was quite dark and i happen to believe FT is a diamond in the rough, its not low quality and i love it the way it is for that matter =] we have been warned.

Please refrain from disrespecting the author he's no wuss he works hard enough and right now i dont think any one of the authors want to draw death scenes, still beyond the pwnage of the villians cant you see the messages behind the stories? simple yes maybe but important and beautiful like the one Gil gave in this chap; respect kids dreams as childish as they seem ^^ plus its his story

one more thing, the arc is close to its end so be patient and see how it ends before you say its bad please after all we have a big hinting of something bad that just might happen and thanks

ca12nag3
May 17, 2011, 02:18 PM
Yes the time line is not shown.. but there is always a possibility which u cant deny.. ur denying someones prediction so confidently.. :o

The only kid we have seen related to fairy tail in whom we have seen the fire to join the guild is romeo..Moreover he is the closest resembling introduced person in Fairy Tail...

and u really wanna talk abt the growth in mangas.. lets talk about coby in one piece :)

Its just a few pieces of fact from Romeo himself as well as the boy on that page that make it near impossible for him to be Romeo.

-Romeo worships his dad NOT Natsu, regardless of Natsu saving his dad his dad is his hero not Natsu.

-Romeo is skinny and a stocky figure this kid is all pumped up

-The Mark on the shoulder inidicate this kid is a mage, Romeo how much you even wish it a few days ago did not posess any guildmark or any lvl of magic. Keep in mind that they only just left FT for the current S-Class trial and before that they were sort of in stasis during the Edolas arc. So all in all it could have been just a month ago that we saw Romeo above his dad about Wendy joining FT. (Even Lucy is only just a member for a year now).

-Last but not least the floating newspaper in the bottom left corner dates x773 thats 12~ years prior to the current time. And newspapers dont last 12 years so im sorry this kid is not in the current time.

Still want to insist this is Romeo is kinda out of place, just cause they got the same hight/hairdye and hairlenght? That would make a lot of people have a lot of doppelgangers wont it? ^^

A Lurker
May 17, 2011, 02:36 PM
-Last but not least the floating newspaper in the bottom left corner dates x773.
How can you be sure it is X773?

Olha lá, mas o que é que tu queres afinal caralho? Deves ter a puta da mania que mandas no fórum. Tás com problemas, mudas-te, é simples.

And it's a seven. Zoom it up, clean the image, and you find a 7.
Vais engolir isso para a semana.

I find a blurred digit. It might be a 7, it might be a 9. No one can be sure. Neither I nor you can truly read those blurred digits.

Ninja_Pirate
May 17, 2011, 03:05 PM
Its just a few pieces of fact from Romeo himself as well as the boy on that page that make it near impossible for him to be Romeo.

-Romeo worships his dad NOT Natsu, regardless of Natsu saving his dad his dad is his hero not Natsu.

-Romeo is skinny and a stocky figure this kid is all pumped up

I understand your point of view... but it was just a prediction... though i m more inclined towards him being mavis.. also "impossibe" is a strong word at this stage :) .. and abt appearance... again coby in one piece is an example what can happen in a manga... :).. it cud still end up setting one more example

-The Mark on the shoulder inidicate this kid is a mage, Romeo how much you even wish it a few days ago did not posess any guildmark or any lvl of magic. Keep in mind that they only just left FT for the current S-Class trial and before that they were sort of in stasis during the Edolas arc. So all in all it could have been just a month ago that we saw Romeo above his dad about Wendy joining FT. (Even Lucy is only just a member for a year now).

Again as i said i am more inclined towards the boy being mavis

-Last but not least the floating newspaper in the bottom left corner dates x773 thats 12~ years prior to the current time. And newspapers dont last 12 years so im sorry this kid is not in the current time.

I would again want to put that up.. are the dates or years always written in english numbers on top of newspaper in japan.. im not sure.. would like to have a suggestion from person from japan here.. though anyways even if in english its too blurr.. on the other hand however ... the newspaper must have been shown for a hint...

ca12nag3
May 17, 2011, 03:27 PM
I understand your point of view... but it was just a prediction... though i m more inclined towards him being mavis.. also "impossibe" is a strong word at this stage :) .. and abt appearance... again coby in one piece is an example what can happen in a manga... :).. it cud still end up setting one more example

Again as i said i am more inclined towards the boy being mavis

I would again want to put that up.. are the dates or years always written in english numbers on top of newspaper in japan.. im not sure.. would like to have a suggestion from person from japan here.. though anyways even if in english its too blurr.. on the other hand however ... the newspaper must have been shown for a hint...

I dunno why your quoting me and saying its Mavis??? I never said it wasnt Mavis in the first place. Im only saying it cant be Romeo.

Aso for the dates in FT universe they are shown in x777 way. So could from x001 to x999. I dunno what the x itself stands for but chronologicaly you simply count this way making it relatively easy to say when who was where and at what age.

Btw about the correct date on the newspaper i look at the jap scans and i cant realy say for sure if the date realy is x773 like most people claim, id have to look at a better scan to be 100% sure.

BTW im saying it like this now to be more clear,

-it cant be Romeo if the date is x773
-and it cant be Romeo at the current date or around it.

It can only be Romeo if its the future...

TBH if i look at the japanese scans now id say it says x793 but i can be wrong ^^ (needs glasses)
[hr]
I just took the raw last page of FT blew the image up a few times and its pretty clear now the date on that newspaper is x793 so its the future. Makes it 100% sure that thats Romeo.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r87/Ca12nag3/newspaperexplode.jpg

The current date is about x785~ so that makes it 8 years in the future. Making it more then enough time for Romeo to buff up and become a strong mage. Curious what hes up to in the future then and what went wrong in the past so horribly that it has to be him showing up there.

shuha27
May 17, 2011, 03:29 PM
Alright now I believe it could be Romeo. Hahaha thanks for proving me wrong :)
Good job Ca12nag3.
Can't wait for the next chapter. I really want to know whats the significance of who ever that is.

sarutobi_sensei
May 17, 2011, 03:30 PM
i have a crazy idea that all the ds are brothers and sisters or something like that .___.
Well, I wouldn't say that, but that... but it's evident they have a past, and I mean a long past together. They are @ least older than 80 years even if they don't look like it.

@ Ninja-Pirate - it has some relevance because of the kid on the last page. Now that it's clear it isn't Romeo, there are some possibilities left but for me, I return to my original thought, it's Zeref. Since we know Zeref knows Natsu, we know he knows of the guild, and we know that Zeref, Dragons and even Layla are connected in some way, it's only natural to theorize about the DS's past if it's about to be revealed.

Ya know we'll be having it soon. The arc is getting to it's end, like you said, it's written all over this arc that they'll have a sad end. They might not die, but they won't win this battle. I don't know even if Bixlow, Fried, Erza and Guildartz will win. They might not lose, but they probably won't win. It'll end with a draw with FT having taken major damage.

Plus there's still the etherion issue to handle. How will they escape it?

How can you be sure it is X773?

Vais engolir isso para a semana.

I find a blurred digit. It might be a 7, it might be a 9. No one can be sure. Neither I nor you can truly read those blurred digits.
Dude, srsl, tu tens um problema. E grave. Mas tu achas que eu ando aqui a chatear-me por causa de manga?

Told ya, get the image, clean it, zoom it, clean it again, and see the god damn 7.

ca12nag3
May 17, 2011, 03:40 PM
I sense a trunks plotline showing up...but that could just be me thinking that? (for all those that dont know about dragonball) Trunks shows up in the past> to correct a mistake made/undo damage in the past. So that the future changes.

shuha27
May 17, 2011, 03:44 PM
I sense a trunks plotline showing up...but that could just be me thinking that? (for all those that dont know about dragonball) Trunks shows up in the past> to correct a mistake made/undo damage in the past. So that the future changes.

That would be pretty interesting. I really hope they didn't skip everything that happened on the island and just went to the future. That would be horrible in my opinion. I'm still interested in Lucy's big part in this whole arc, we haven't seen her do anything really amazing yet.

ca12nag3
May 17, 2011, 03:48 PM
That would be pretty interesting. I really hope they didn't skip everything that happened on the island and just went to the future. That would be horrible in my opinion. I'm still interested in Lucy's big part in this whole arc, we haven't seen her do anything really amazing yet.

Ok theory

-in a Trunks timeline scenario the main hero dies, (in the alternate future). Life is hell there and the evil ones rule the world. In this care it means Natsu dies on the island. Why and how i dunno dont ask me :P But Natsu should have been vital for the battle with whoever is the evil guys.

Then comes the important part, Romeo travels back in time.
Romeo will be the one telling everyone how a hellhole the future is without Natsu and that Natus is the only one that can prevent the bad future. And Romeo together with Natsu will win the day.

(just a quick sumery of how it would work)

Mangafan2
May 17, 2011, 04:04 PM
Kid is Zeref -> Zeref doesn't age -> Zeref made Fairy Tail

k-dom
May 17, 2011, 04:29 PM
I'm surprised so many people ignore the fact that the frame color changed to grey. That's the sign of a flashback in 100% of the manga. Plus the picture just above is Grey and Ultear facing each other.
If this kid is not Zeref then this page would be really disappointing.
My theory is that this happen while Malvis is Fairy Tail master. It would be really great to see him now that we met the second master. We know Zeref and Natsu are related somehow, that they are much older than they look likes. But it is probably too early to see their connection yet

Sollum
May 17, 2011, 04:36 PM
Then comes the important part, Romeo travels back in time.
Romeo will be the one telling everyone how a hellhole the future is without Natsu and that Natus is the only one that can prevent the bad future. And Romeo together with Natsu will win the day.

(just a quick sumery of how it would work)

Yes, and Elligor will take role of Dr. Gerro, and make a Cell... lets call it Manus!

Cell -> cells of fighters
Manus -> mana taken from mages

Wait... that means Elligor is a mastermind behind GH....

A Lurker
May 17, 2011, 05:19 PM
People want to know what Urtear told Grey; people want to know more about Zeref's story; people want to know more about the whole Dragons mystery; people couldn't care less about a minor character from chapters 2 and 3.

People tend to reject evidence when it is not in line with their expectations.

Nothing hints that this boy would be Zeref. However, people's expectations about knowing more about Zeref created the illusion that the boy ought to be Zeref. Even the smallest similarity (the hair color) was enough to feed the illusion created by their expectations.

Dude, srsl, tu tens um problema. E grave. Mas tu achas que eu ando aqui a chatear-me por causa de manga?
Se não te estás parece. Eu tava a tripar contigo por causa do ping-pong da tua opinião e tu respondes-me com 2 pedras na mão. Levas isto muito a sério, caralho.

Told ya, get the image, clean it, zoom it, clean it again, and see the god damn 7.
ca12nag3 did it for ya:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r87/Ca12nag3/newspaperexplode.jpg
You are right, there is the god damn 7... hundreds. The tens is more likely to be a 9. Yet, I am not fully confident about that.

Even ca12nag3, previously a voracious "There is no way it is Romeo", is now saying it is Romeo and the scene on the last page is a flashforward because the date is likely to be X793.

On a side note, X793 is ~7 years ahead. Once again, the number 7. Pattern or coincidence?

White Silver King
May 17, 2011, 05:28 PM

Probably not, he looks like Natsu so Mashima will probably give him mega power-ups for no reason.

Seriously though, I think he's the one that's going to die and Lucy is narrating right now from his funeral.

I"m pretty positive the kid isn't Zeref. He looks completely different (the only similarity is black hair) and plus, Zeref doesn't age, so unless we're going 400 years back in the flashback he would look the same.

maxikki
May 17, 2011, 05:46 PM
i was thinking what if gildartz is the person who dies?

gurunic
May 17, 2011, 06:32 PM
im sure the kid isnt mavis.. how would he already have a tattoo at such a young age if he was the 1st master? i think it might be ivan...

ca12nag3
May 17, 2011, 06:42 PM
People want to know what Urtear told Grey; people want to know more about Zeref's story; people want to know more about the whole Dragons mystery; people couldn't care less about a minor character from chapters 2 and 3.

People tend to reject evidence when it is not in line with their expectations.

Nothing hints that this boy would be Zeref. However, people's expectations about knowing more about Zeref created the illusion that the boy ought to be Zeref. Even the smallest similarity (the hair color) was enough to feed the illusion created by their expectations.

Se não te estás parece. Eu tava a tripar contigo por causa do ping-pong da tua opinião e tu respondes-me com 2 pedras na mão. Levas isto muito a sério, caralho.

ca12nag3 did it for ya:

You are right, there is the god damn 7... hundreds. The tens is more likely to be a 9. Yet, I am not fully confident about that.

Even ca12nag3, previously a voracious "There is no way it is Romeo", is now saying it is Romeo and the scene on the last page is a flashforward because the date is likely to be X793.

On a side note, X793 is ~7 years ahead. Once again, the number 7. Pattern or coincidence?

About the rejecting evidence, well the current Romeo is no mage,is not buffed up, and has no look on his face as if hes been thrue both ww1 and 2. So no its not that Romeo.

There is no way hes Romeo under the given situation where were talking about the same Romeo. Clearly the current FT Romeo cannot just show up and be a mage etc etc.

Tho the date seems to be x793 then its more then likely that its Romeo. A future Romeo.

So clearly everyone was wrong.Yall thought it was the Romeo of the present. You cant just bend your ass around the corner stating at first yeah this is Romeo cause its not. Its the Romeo as he will be 8 years from now.

not 7 btw since Lucy already is a full year in FT. she met Natsu 7 years after x777. so 777+7+1=785 so x785~ is the current year. x793 is on that newspaper. So thats 8 years from the current year.

Romeo in the manga is still a pipsqueak little boy. about 6-8~ years old so add another 8 years ill give him 14-16~ but im inclined to go with 14 realy. Now dont burn me down saying the kid is older in the current time cause you guys watch to much of the anime. If you look at how hes portrait in the manga he realy looks young.

White Silver King
May 17, 2011, 08:29 PM
I don't doubt it being in the future (though it's not really Mashima's style, I like time-skips), but that boy doesn't look Natsu, Lucy, etc age. That boy looks to be about maybe 10 or 11, not 15/16.

Though I could see the paper reading both 785 and 793.

swordsaintscoot
May 17, 2011, 09:51 PM
WE have been saying it's a flashforward throughout this whole thread dude. Go read it all before you say we were wrong and didn't say that lol.

The only evidence to me that it's not Romeo, is that, despite looking like him, I feel like we should all recognise him as someone else. He has this look and aura about him that reminds me of someone I can't quite put my finger on.

Krono
May 17, 2011, 10:11 PM
not 7 btw since Lucy already is a full year in FT. she met Natsu 7 years after x777. so 777+7+1=785 so x785~ is the current year. x793 is on that newspaper. So thats 8 years from the current year.

Lucy has only been in the guild for less half a year, it's still x784 as the S-Class trial takes place at the end of the year.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c201/6.html

swordsaintscoot
May 17, 2011, 10:14 PM
in that case it's ironic that a 9 year flashforward leads us to x7*9*3 no? Regardless, I wouldn't take the newspaper as evidence at this point.

k0dach1
May 17, 2011, 10:37 PM
Why do people say that because Lucy said "We believed in it" it automatically becomes a flash forward.

She could be saying they believed in it, and that's why they will win, because they never gave up hope. It is past tense because from the start they were already believing in it. And until now, they still believe in their victory. That's why its past tense. It makes no sense to assume that this is a flash forward and that the merely "believed" in it, but eventually got wiped out. It is just simple phrasing.

I still stick to my assumption that the boy is a young Zeref who gets reincarnated over time. And didn't actually live in one single body all those years. Maybe the spirit/powers of Zeref move to someone who is "worthy" of receiving them. Similar to what we saw with Fairy Glitter.

Krono
May 17, 2011, 11:09 PM
Why do people say that because Lucy said "We believed in it" it automatically becomes a flash forward.

She could be saying they believed in it, and that's why they will win, because they never gave up hope. It is past tense because from the start they were already believing in it. And until now, they still believe in their victory. That's why its past tense. It makes no sense to assume that this is a flash forward and that the merely "believed" in it, but eventually got wiped out. It is just simple phrasing.

As I tried to point out before, it's past tense because the narration in general is in the past tense. Lucy's narration was originally in the form of letters to her mother, then after the Phantom Lord arc switched to something more like diary entries. Said entries sometimes being clearly written after events that had yet to take place. The chief example being the narration at the start of the arc.

Which is clearly written after the arc takes place.

Ninja_Pirate
May 17, 2011, 11:14 PM
It is a past tense.. but so do all lucy s previous narration.. i always wondered that some time the story will start in the current time line once lucy s narration ends.. since fairy tail story started after lucy joined and she is definitely narrating her story to.. mm.. someone...

Right now however the words seem like the end of narration and the boy might be just remembering the narration standing there...

Still .. does dates in newspaper to be written like X793.. may b its some other number and not date.. if it has to be date it shud say 1793 /// if anyone have the patience search for some other newspaper in current time line showing date as X784 and then only it can be confirmed that its future... or wait for next week :p/// but thinking of it if we do assume without doing that tedious exercise i mentioned that it is X793./// can discuss endlessly on wild theories :)

LoS
May 18, 2011, 12:50 AM
Oh my goodness, I can't believe I wasted my time reading through this thread, all the he said, she said, pissing contest, it's romeo/zeref/mavis crap.

Instead of discussing the important things like predicting what will happen, or how this person has a role to play, it's just the guessing game with multiple ideas and posts repeated over and over again.

Also, whats with the idea that for Fairy Tail to lose Gildartz has to die? Not correct. Fairy Tail loses even if they survive, they allow Zeref to be taken captive in the hands of a very bad guy who actually has intelligence and a plan of action to do bad in Hades. And if you are of the opinion that Gray changes sides, then there is that as well.

A Lurker
May 18, 2011, 04:36 AM
You cant just bend your ass around the corner stating at first yeah this is Romeo cause its not. Its the Romeo as he will be 8 years from now.
Hum? So Romeo is not Romeo? Or is it? :blink Your statement seems illogical. If it is Romeo, then it is Romeo. That is the Law of identity of Logic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_identity).

Please, read again what I said in my very first post:

1. The boy in the last page is obviously not Natsu; [...]

2. The boy in the last page is not Zeref. [...]

3. The boy in the last page being Mavis is even more random [...]

And 4. The boy in the last page is Romeo. [...]

Can you prove me wrong in those 4 statements?

Hint: I didn't talk about past, present or future. I said "is Romeo", and that is all there is to it. That was always my thesis, I didn't add or remove anything.

Later in the thread, I entered the speculative ground and formulated a hypothesis about a flashforward and that boy being a grown up Romeo.

What you said in your recent posts means that both my thesis and my hypothesis are probably right. If that is so, you are contradicting yourself when you say I was wrong.

These are logical arguments, not emotional ones. I have no interest in personal fights or "pissing contest", as LoS said, so I won't go deeper about this. I just wanted to add some Logic to the mix.

llamapie
May 18, 2011, 06:23 AM
Oh my goodness, I can't believe I wasted my time reading through this thread, all the he said, she said, pissing contest, it's romeo/zeref/mavis crap.

Instead of discussing the important things like predicting what will happen, or how this person has a role to play, it's just the guessing game with multiple ideas and posts repeated over and over again.

Also, whats with the idea that for Fairy Tail to lose Gildartz has to die? Not correct. Fairy Tail loses even if they survive, they allow Zeref to be taken captive in the hands of a very bad guy who actually has intelligence and a plan of action to do bad in Hades. And if you are of the opinion that Gray changes sides, then there is that as well.

The irony is why on earth would Mavis trust his guild to a person named Hades?

Dumb ass Mavis, its all his fault. Quick go defile his grave.

Sosei
May 18, 2011, 06:35 AM
ahm, is it usual that mages change their names when they turn black?
i mean purehito (literally "pure heart") changed it to hades (god of the underworld in greek mythology), from light to dark.
i mean mavis seems dead. the grave was showing a reaction to cana, dead ppl cant react to emotions or something similar, their only dead, so...
mavis founded fairy tail, it seems he was a good guy, but...
what if...
mavis felt something in him thats controlling him, he feels that he has to go and gave FT to purehito, he went to tenrou island, far away from everybody, in fear that he cold hurt anyone and then... he got overwhelmed...

by darkness.

Zeref was born again.

RaveDragon
May 18, 2011, 11:20 AM
I give up on who the boy is, lets face it it is most likely many of us will be proven wrong and Mashima will surprise us once again big time and we will be left gaping at how simple everything actually was xD

what i want to know is what ultear is up to she's confusing me big time, and what Hades and Bluenote are aiming for with the single magic source. i was thinking could this be people like Zeref or layla or the Dragons instead of a place?

Ninja_Pirate
May 18, 2011, 11:38 AM
I give up on who the boy is, lets face it it is most likely many of us will be proven wrong and Mashima will surprise us once again big time and we will be left gaping at how simple everything actually was xD

what i want to know is what ultear is up to she's confusing me big time, and what Hades and Bluenote are aiming for with the single magic source. i was thinking could this be people like Zeref or layla or the Dragons instead of a place?

I am more worried about the story being shifted to somewhere else rather than being concentrated on this fight... Although the next chapter title shows it to be back on the island only... but what if thats all for the story telling session from Lucy.. and now the story gets into present.. what if everything was just story telling and real story starts now :(.. hope Mashima would not do that.. i like the way it use to get narrated by lucy.. pretty much got in habit of it :)

RaveDragon
May 18, 2011, 11:46 AM
I am more worried about the story being shifted to somewhere else rather than being concentrated on this fight... Although the next chapter title shows it to be back on the island only... but what if thats all for the story telling session from Lucy.. and now the story gets into present.. what if everything was just story telling and real story starts now :(.. hope Mashima would not do that.. i like the way it use to get narrated by lucy.. pretty much got in habit of it :)

I doubt it i believe in Mashima and everyone loves the characters we have been introduced to already plus there are so many unexplained thing and Lucy just got Carpricorn whom may know something about the mysterious Layla ^^ plus the dragons and shit, it might just be a flashforward just for the heck and it might be a flashback, that 9 could still be a 7 its not clear enough.

the grey panel indicates that the story wont change to whatever era that is but will return to our heros ^^

Guys have you ever thought its this grey panel thats the story Lucy was talking about, the one she heard a long time ago, a grey panel is usually a flashback in a flashback so maybe what Lucy heard was a legend which has yet to take place and we are seeing how maybe her mum told it to just a thoery please dont kill me ^^

Ifrit
May 18, 2011, 01:00 PM

I don't think Ultear just gonna hand Zeref to HADES ..when she got him she said "You're mine now"------"I won't hand you over to anyone"

Ninja_Pirate
May 18, 2011, 01:52 PM
I don't think Ultear just gonna hand Zeref to HADES ..when she got him she said "You're mine now"------"I won't hand you over to anyone"

She has the power to restore everything to as it was back in time.. which does not apply to human ofcoz.. but can it apply to magic...

She does have some connection with zeref... might be something she heard from her mother about it... considering her mother killed by zeref's magic.. she must be furious but she is callm and composed towards zeref...

Does she have a crush on him :p:o

shuha27
May 18, 2011, 03:55 PM
Does she have a crush on him :p:o
More like an obsession.

I haven't seen the Fairy Tail thread go up more than 200 comments in a while. I still have no clue what to believe about this. I really hope Mashima doesn't decide to do a time skip or anything. There is so much we don't know. I still think its a flash back but I'm not so sure anymore >.<
[hr]

The irony is why on earth would Mavis trust his guild to a person named Hades?

Dumb ass Mavis, its all his fault. Quick go defile his grave.

Lmao I just got what you meant :)

I thought he changed his name though and was called Purehito before.

White Silver King
May 18, 2011, 08:13 PM
If the chapter flashes forward next week to show this fight already happened (whether a week or 10 years ago), I'm gonna say Grey goes with Ultear. If not, I'm guessing he stays with FT.

swordsaintscoot
May 19, 2011, 05:48 AM
the odds are currently in fairy tail's favour

gildartz fried and bixlow returned.

fried and bixlow are incredibly powerful when teaming at their full strength. its unfortunate fried couldn't use many complicated runes but regardless.

the first turn of events HAS TO BE GRAY changing sides. Gray is one of FT's most powerful non-S class mages (though probably S level), he's severely underrated sometimes. gildartz has to lose for this arc imo, and so does erza, azuma is a bigshot i don't see him losing too quickly.

Ifrit
May 19, 2011, 06:20 AM
the odds are currently in fairy tail's favour

gildartz fried and bixlow returned.

fried and bixlow are incredibly powerful when teaming at their full strength. its unfortunate fried couldn't use many complicated runes but regardless.

the first turn of events HAS TO BE GRAY changing sides. Gray is one of FT's most powerful non-S class mages (though probably S level), he's severely underrated sometimes. gildartz has to lose for this arc imo, and so does erza, azuma is a bigshot i don't see him losing too quickly.

Yeah I was hoping the Fried would cast a rune all over the island to prevent any1 from leaving xDD

Not sure about Azuma being great to beat Erza...same for Bluenote Gildartz looks really pissed {0.0}

I agree with you on Gray I think he's gonna switch side but for a good reason.

swordsaintscoot
May 19, 2011, 06:26 AM
don't you think he showed up vs bluenote too quickly and too quickly overpowered him a single time.

its not like fried/bixlow where they've already dominated. Gildartz is in a semi-real fight not a domination match. Remember that gildartz won't be as pwoerful as he's meant to be anymore. He is missing organs and limbs because of the black dragon, to say that won't affect him would be ridiculous.

Azuma just has that different aura about him you know? He's remorseless. I feel like his unique design also indicates that he has a bigger role to play later on and will be in it for some time to come. You don't put that much effort in to a cool character if you intend to leave them dry soon.

Gray might swap for a good reason, but whether it's the truth or not is questionable. Who knows, I've always felt like Gray was gonna switch sides at some stage, from the very beginning, but I don't want him to be another Sasuke being consumed with emotions and not thinking. Gray is smart so if he switches his change should be logical.

Ifrit
May 19, 2011, 06:31 AM
don't you think he showed up vs bluenote too quickly and too quickly overpowered him a single time.

its not like fried/bixlow where they've already dominated. Gildartz is in a semi-real fight not a domination match. Remember that gildartz won't be as pwoerful as he's meant to be anymore. He is missing organs and limbs because of the black dragon, to say that won't affect him would be ridiculous.

Azuma just has that different aura about him you know? He's remorseless. I feel like his unique design also indicates that he has a bigger role to play later on and will be in it for some time to come. You don't put that much effort in to a cool character if you intend to leave them dry soon.

Gray might swap for a good reason, but whether it's the truth or not is questionable. Who knows, I've always felt like Gray was gonna switch sides at some stage, from the very beginning, but I don't want him to be another Sasuke being consumed with emotions and not thinking. Gray is smart so if he switches his change should be logical.

mmm....well I don't want Gildarz to lose bec not sure Gildarz admit defeat or hold back bec he's injured thats not like Gildarts they creat.

I don't trust ULTEAR she is good in manipulate people. just like she did to Jellal. she confuse me tho...once she say she is handing Zeref to Hades n then say to Zere ur mine now I won't hand u over to any1 ....I think the next 2 chapters gonna explain everything.

LoS
May 19, 2011, 07:16 AM
I don't know why everyone is so settled on Gildartz becoming a cripple and losing the vast majority of his magical power due to his injuries. Just last chapter he squared off and was shown using and being mobile with his artificial limbs. As far as we know this isn't Star Wars where by Gildartz losing some limbs he loses some of his Midichlorians and became weaker for it, aka losing a chunk of his magical power.

and @swordsaint, we have now seen Azuma in action 3 times, good character design or no, that is plenty of screentime and development for a non major character to bite the dust.

ghostexiled
May 19, 2011, 07:50 AM
I really have nothing to state about the ending of the chapter... that will just have to be seen to be believed. The one thing I do have to say is... if this is a time-skip, it is a very weird time for it to happen.

However, I am with LoS on this discussion about Gildartz losing. We did not see the battle between G-man and the Black Dragon... all we know is that the quest was the highest difficultly shown thus far and G-man barely made it out of there fully intact.

However, I don't believe that him losing the limbs and organs he lost, lowered his power and ability to fight at all.

Most badass fighters generally can own just about anyone with one hand behind their back (see old Kung Fu movies)

I do think that the battle between Bluenote and Gildartz will not be a one-sided battle.

You don't become a legendary man, who the minute he entered a major war, single handily stopped the war and not be a worthy opponent.

Both are supreme mages and I am sure that both know of the other and I dare say have a history with each other.

I see their fight ending in a stale mate or Bluenote leaving once Zeref has been secured.

LoS
May 19, 2011, 08:02 AM
Well, I don't think they have a history with one another if we can give credence to the translation. Bluenote was flabbergasted that Gildartz was able to overpower him. If they had a history he should have indeed know just what kind of magical power Gildartz had at his disposal.

ghostexiled
May 19, 2011, 08:07 AM
Its possible to know of each other but have no idea of their powers extent...

Like you know that Bluenote was the guy that stopped the war, but you don't really know how or what he did.

Same could be said about Gildartz... you know he has all this crazy destructive power... but still be in awe when you actually witness it.

So I mean history as in they are aware of who each other are and what they "might" be capable of doing.

wooticus
May 19, 2011, 08:52 AM
why is everyone talking about a time skip? that would be the most awkward timing for a timeskip i've ever seen.

and it's just a strange idea. fairy tail is an quite happy manga, nobody is dying, the good guys are always winning, it's suited for younger people and the main characters are younger people. they won'te be shown as adults with adult problems just out of nothing. fairy tail's always been a manga that shows it's characters growing up.
moreover it's a manga that has shown it's characters extremely growing in short time. just look at lucy and how strong she became since she's been around FT, how many spirits she received. or natsu defeating one strong opponent after another in only months. fairy tail is not made for a timeskip of years. if natsu's power would grow like it does for 8 years well FT would be dragon ball Z #2 where the characters started beating the shit ouf of each other and finished with characters beating the shit out of WHOLE PLANETS :D

RaveDragon
May 19, 2011, 09:14 AM
why is everyone talking about a time skip? that would be the most awkward timing for a timeskip i've ever seen.

and it's just a strange idea. fairy tail is an quite happy manga, nobody is dying, the good guys are always winning, it's suited for younger people and the main characters are younger people. they won'te be shown as adults with adult problems just out of nothing. fairy tail's always been a manga that shows it's characters growing up.
moreover it's a manga that has shown it's characters extremely growing in short time. just look at lucy and how strong she became since she's been around FT, how many spirits she received. or natsu defeating one strong opponent after another in only months. fairy tail is not made for a timeskip of years. if natsu's power would grow like it does for 8 years well FT would be dragon ball Z #2 where the characters started beating the shit ouf of each other and finished with characters beating the shit out of WHOLE PLANETS :D

THANK YOU finally someone says it! not only me haha xD

There could be some bad stuff happening but deaths are rare in FT right now we are counting 1 ie Simon [for who will ask who this is, its on of Erza's childhood friends we encountered in the tower of paradise arc and the only one to not survive, the one killed by Jellals shot]

So the odd are for FT right now but Hades easily beat Makarov no small feat so he could take them down, if Gray goes with Ultear we have even more trouble, and there are hints that something will go wrong, true and i believe something will but no one is gonna die or at least not everyone!
If its a timeskip i say it dont know why hes doing it, it makes more sense to show Zerefs stroy as told by Ultear which i believe is most probable to happen
If its a timeskip it will probably be some of the guys tellling Romeo and the new FT about it and stuff, maybe we were right and Lucy is actually telling the story of her time in FT to a future generation (her kids or something and the new FT mages) and we are getting a cool snippet of adult FT which is right now the young generation (Lucy and co ie) about thier fearsome battle ^^ and the adventure to come xD

I hope this doesnt mean we are close to FT end D=

ca12nag3
May 19, 2011, 09:41 AM
THANK YOU finally someone says it! not only me haha xD

There could be some bad stuff happening but deaths are rare in FT right now we are counting 1 ie Simon [for who will ask who this is, its on of Erza's childhood friends we encountered in the tower of paradise arc and the only one to not survive, the one killed by Jellals shot]

So the odd are for FT right now but Hades easily beat Makarov no small feat so he could take them down, if Gray goes with Ultear we have even more trouble, and there are hints that something will go wrong, true and i believe something will but no one is gonna die or at least not everyone!
If its a timeskip i say it dont know why hes doing it, it makes more sense to show Zerefs stroy as told by Ultear which i believe is most probable to happen
If its a timeskip it will probably be some of the guys tellling Romeo and the new FT about it and stuff, maybe we were right and Lucy is actually telling the story of her time in FT to a future generation (her kids or something and the new FT mages) and we are getting a cool snippet of adult FT which is right now the young generation (Lucy and co ie) about thier fearsome battle ^^ and the adventure to come xD

I hope this doesnt mean we are close to FT end D=

What i ment with the future thing is not that the entire lot of FT is going to die (in this timeline).

Ill be more clear about it.

This Romeo is shown and he doesnt look like the happy kid we know from the manga, something went wrong in the past (his past) and i asume people died from FT.

Now he is most likely going back in time to fix it and prevent the deaths from ever happening.

Why im saying this is cause there is no use in showing the future and spoilering all the bad stuff that hasnt even happend in the current time yet. So why bring up this boy from the future? Unless he is going to have an affect on the past.

Just think about it and let it sink in for a moment ^^

Also keep in mind Mashima loves to work with paralel worlds and mixing up timelines.

RaveDragon
May 19, 2011, 09:44 AM
What i ment with the future thing is not that the entire lot of FT is going to die (in this timeline).

Ill be more clear about it.

This Romeo is shown and he doesnt look like the happy kid we know from the manga, something went wrong in the past (his past) and i asume people died from FT.

Now he is most likely going back in time to fix it and prevent the deaths from ever happening.

Why im saying this is cause there is no use in showing the future and spoilering all the bad stuff that hasnt even happend in the current time yet. So why bring up this boy from the future? Unless he is going to have an affect on the past.

Just think about it and let it sink in for a moment ^^

Also keep in mind Mashima loves to work with paralel worlds and mixing up timelines.

Wasnt talking about your theory but other peoples, yours make sense and i kind of like it ^^and your right we've seen Mashima and his work he certainly loves to surprise us in these ways, im still not 100% sure thats Romeo, still think it might be Zeref but hey, i trust the author whoever that is next chapter is gonna be tres awesome!

Ifrit
May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM
Its possible to know of each other but have no idea of their powers extent...

Like you know that Bluenote was the guy that stopped the war, but you don't really know how or what he did.

Same could be said about Gildartz... you know he has all this crazy destructive power... but still be in awe when you actually witness it.

So I mean history as in they are aware of who each other are and what they "might" be capable of doing.

I don't think Gildartz know Bluenote or even heard about him..but when Gildartz pushed bluenote away from CAna bluenote said " so this is Gildartz" which means this is the first time he see Gildartz so I don't think they met be4....and bluenote heard about Gildartz Gildartz never heard about him this is just show how Gildartz power is known.. I'm with u I think Gildartz will win. It will be hard battle but Gildartz ain't the loosing type even if it cost him his own life.

swordsaintscoot
May 19, 2011, 01:48 PM
I don't think Gildartz know Bluenote or even heard about him..but when Gildartz pushed bluenote away from CAna bluenote said " so this is Gildartz" which means this is the first time he see Gildartz so I don't think they met be4....and bluenote heard about Gildartz Gildartz never heard about him this is just show how Gildartz power is known.. I'm with u I think Gildartz will win. It will be hard battle but Gildartz ain't the loosing type even if it cost him his own life.

not true. gildartz isn't exactly reckless. He lost his limbs and organs to the black dragon, something he didn't expect to be so powerful.

considering that the very thing he taught to natsu is to know when to run, to recognise your limits, it would be fucking stupid if gildartz didn't take his own advice.

ca12nag3
May 19, 2011, 02:37 PM
not true. gildartz isn't exactly reckless. He lost his limbs and organs to the black dragon, something he didn't expect to be so powerful.

considering that the very thing he taught to natsu is to know when to run, to recognise your limits, it would be fucking stupid if gildartz didn't take his own advice.

even if he expected it, it happend in a mere few seconds like he said himself. So it seems like he was more or less ambushed isnt it.

Nonlife
May 19, 2011, 06:03 PM
Am I the only one growing tired of Fairy Tail's ongoing winning streak? Grimoire Heart has not lived up to its name; and, it wouldn't hurt them if they "lost" the battle only to kick the baddies' butts in Round 2.

swordsaintscoot
May 20, 2011, 01:01 AM
Am I the only one growing tired of Fairy Tail's ongoing winning streak? Grimoire Heart has not lived up to its name; and, it wouldn't hurt them if they "lost" the battle only to kick the baddies' butts in Round 2.

to be blunt since i'm getting annoyed at everyone saying exactly the same you just did

just be patient until the end of the arc :p

luffyg2
May 20, 2011, 01:16 AM
The last few senteces really made it feel like they were going to loose for sure.... would be intersting but at the same time I dont really want to see Gildart loose his first serious fight in the manga... anyway that boy at the end was intersting must be some sort of flashback starting

Ninja_Pirate
May 20, 2011, 02:21 AM
1st theory- The council might have shot Etherion on the island.. everyone vanished.. may be didnt die... in future someone from Fairy tail gone back to the island and somehow manages to get back every one .. happy ending..

2nd theory - In future, all the S class and S class participating members dies in an attack happened several years ago on Tenrou Island,, Fairy tail goes on living with another master... Someone from fairy tail ( that boy shown might be) has developed a magic to travel in time.. he might have been working for same all this year and now ready to go in past and save all.. Happy Ending

3rd theory- Just some past of that boy who was/is a fairy tail ... and have a mjor role which will give some insight on the will of fairy tail... and after that fairy tail just retaliate back and as they believed they get victory... hade got away with Zeref and Ultera.. grey might also gone with him... Happy Ending for now

any other possibility ??

RaveDragon
May 20, 2011, 08:39 AM

Technically they're not always winning has anyone else noticed that it is the first arc when the enemy is beaten by NOT the original first FT opponent? almost all GH got annihilated by the second FT opponent so no i am not annoyed since as various of us has said FT is aimed to younger children blablabla i don't feel like repeating myself (and saying what other people already said, thanks to those guys xD) so ill just say this, for FT this is good and i like it ^^
[hr]

1st theory- The council might have shot Etherion on the island.. everyone vanished.. may be didnt die... in future someone from Fairy tail gone back to the island and somehow manages to get back every one .. happy ending..

2nd theory - In future, all the S class and S class participating members dies in an attack happened several years ago on Tenrou Island,, Fairy tail goes on living with another master... Someone from fairy tail ( that boy shown might be) has developed a magic to travel in time.. he might have been working for same all this year and now ready to go in past and save all.. Happy Ending

3rd theory- Just some past of that boy who was/is a fairy tail ... and have a mjor role which will give some insight on the will of fairy tail... and after that fairy tail just retaliate back and as they believed they get victory... hade got away with Zeref and Ultera.. grey might also gone with him... Happy Ending for now

any other possibility ??

4th thoery; its a story told by ultear about someone from FT who i don't know ^^