PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 235 Discussion

3c
May 16, 2011, 04:23 PM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70085) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

sarutobi_sensei
May 21, 2011, 07:01 AM
Chapter is out on mangastream. Quite amazing actually. to think that Azuma is actually stronger than Bluenote, @ first he didn't look like it, but his magic is way more dangerous.

Everyone is in a tight situation, the only way for erza to defeat him is to use the same form she used against that Trinity Raven or whatever was the name, woman.

And to think that Rustyrose was faking it. Damn that guy.

Urtear was shocked to see this, it means that she didn't know. Bluenote didn't obviously know since he said that it was Asuma and Hades that devised the plan.

So, what now? I can't predict anything really. But either Erza wins and they have a slight chance of winning again, or Erza loses and FT is saved by and outside factor.

But it was quite amazing to see that Tenrou Tree protected everyone who had the FT crest. It's probably why Mira, Elfman, Eve and Makarov himself didn't die.

Where was Cana? I think I didn't see her...

yomly
May 21, 2011, 07:11 AM
Luxus isn't a member of Fairy Tail anymore...

jorped
May 21, 2011, 07:12 AM
Azuma is stronger than Bluenote ? Where have you saw that ??

http://img.mangastream.com/m/3/47581705/a9c857c93d8533c5848d496cf1da6db0.png

I think that this proves that Bluenote is indeed more powerful than Asuma.

And i'm not seeing Erza being able to beat Azuma :crying

sarutobi_sensei
May 21, 2011, 07:15 AM
Where can I see this? By the simple fact that he can drain the magic power from the earth itself. It's like he has an infinite amount of magic power and if I'm not mistaken he also started sucking up the magic power of GH.

Even if he didn't suck up GH's magic power, he can still have almost an infinite amount of magic to fight against anyone.
[hr]

Luxus isn't a member of Fairy Tail anymore...
He still has the crest if I'm not mistaken. Plus, he was showed as the person who had apparently inherited Makarov's will some chapters ago.

ghostexiled
May 21, 2011, 07:21 AM
Great chapter!

All I can say is, I was right... patience was key.

If you naysayers would just wait a few chapters, you would see that FT has not won anything.
Everyone has been beat except for Erza and there was no sign of Cana...

FT's island has been turned against them and is draining their powers.

Even the mighty Gildartz is getting his ass handed to him for the moment.

btw, please remember that "one-liners" are against thread rules. Anymore will be deleted.

sarutobi_sensei
May 21, 2011, 07:34 AM
Great chapter!

All I can say is, I was right... patience was key.

If you naysayers would just wait a few chapters, you would see that FT has not won anything.
Everyone has been beat except for Erza and there was no sign of Cana...

FT's island has been turned against them and is draining their powers.

Even the mighty Gildartz is getting his ass handed to him for the moment.

btw, please remember that "one-liners" are against thread rules. Anymore will be deleted.
Not technically true ghost, they did win against Kain, Zancrow and Zoldeo/Capricorn, oh and Meldy. But since last chapter I saw that they will lose, because of the narration.

But I'm really interested in what Urtear has said to Gray.

Skyguardian
May 21, 2011, 07:38 AM
Great Chapter. Azuma is indeed a very interesting Character.

I can't predict hat'll happen now.

It's indeed possible for Laxus to show up now.

But this arc really is a dark one for FT itself.

ghostexiled
May 21, 2011, 07:38 AM
@sarutobi_sensei - I am not saying how many fights they won...

I am referring to the fact that GH was going to win what mattered. The final fight, which is taking place now.

tobeulp
May 21, 2011, 07:50 AM
Another great chapter... I am intrigue on how will Erza will beat Azuma knowing that FT members magic are greatly decreased or drained because of the Tree falling apart...
Love to see the 3 GH members are still tough even with all the backup of Gildartz and the Raijin duo

Shiro Tsuki
May 21, 2011, 08:21 AM
Seriously - where are all the members wailing that this arc is the worst?!

THIS is actually the best FT has ever given! - Oh the tree thing just came out of NOWHERE! You gotta agree - It was insane! :|

And I love how - the whole focus shifted from Gil Vs Bluenote to Erza Vs Azuma -
Seriously I thought that Gil Vs Bnote would be somewhat of a climatic battle!
But this goes beyond all expectations - and YES I am kinda happy to see that this arc has a bit less of Natsu in everywhere - I mean - Yeah as always he got various opponents - He is strong - got his usual power-ups! But the focus of this arc was more on FT as a whole - Cana - Gil and GH!...

I feel - this is turning to the end of the arc - I mean the island is no longer an island! - Just a matter of time - they end with the fights...
For the very first time in FT - I am unsure that FT will win at the end -_-
I wonder if Erza will win this - Logically - You see no chances - But then agan she is Erza - the girl who always win her fights!
They'll have to pull up something huge to even win against their opponents right now - (omitting Hades and Ultear)

Now that GH is coming out again as a bad-ass guild! You just can't help feeling sad for that god-slayer guy and Kain - They got busted the moment they started warming up hah! :D

ghostexiled
May 21, 2011, 08:34 AM
I knew from early on when they introduced Azuma the way they did and his comments throughout this arc, that he was one of the top if not THE top guy in GH.

I mean besides BlueNote... he was not shown in the original line up of the 7 kins. In manga's they usually like to allude to the better fighters by not showing them or putting them in the shadows.

He referred to the rest of the Kins as trouble makers (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/215/14)... which makes me believe that he looks down on them. As in he doesn't see any of them worthy of his time.

And now we have Bluenote refer to him as an old bastard (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/235/15), makes it sound as if he has been around longer than Bluenote.

Worth mentioning as well, is (IMO) it looks like fear/concern on Bluenotes face as he makes that statement.

Atobe the king
May 21, 2011, 08:37 AM
Shiro... i know weeks ago i was saying wait and see :(

Anyways....

-Gidarltz...it takes some cheap SNK boss shit from Azuma to stop you..good show xD
-Bluenote gets uglier every chapter i swear
-Mashima i hate you for taking away Fried and Bixy's 15 minutes of fame so quickly
-While i like the arc.....villains screwing over the heroes on every facet is every bit as annoying as heroes always winning no matter what. Good stuff from hades though....3 dangerous trump cards.
-I really think Urtear has good intentions...more sexy women in FT? i sure dont mind

swordsaintscoot
May 21, 2011, 08:38 AM
Now that the protection towards fairy tail is lifted, makarov may still die. additionally, he said that those with the fairy tail brand are powered up and protected on the island from death, it's interesting to note and remind how easily hades defeated makarov REGARDLESS of this power up. but it does explain some of their victories huh?

It seems like makarov didnt know though to be honest, you'd think if he did he'd have been far more accepting of everyone throwing everything they've got at the enemy, as they are not protected there.

Additionally, if those branded as fairy tail are protected from death on that island, then perhaps mavis is indeed living on this island. also to what extent does the island afford protection? Zeref has been hiding there for a long time now, and now it makes sense, HE CANNOT KILL there, to an extent at least. whats more is, in regards to what extent it protects from death, perhaps this island is the reason the dragon slayers are over 80? It could very well be that missing link we've been searching for to explain away their apparent age, and long lived existence.

Maybe elfman and eve will begin to suffer again now that their protection has been lifted?

And not to say i told you so, but i told everyone i thought azuma was way more pivotal than everyones giving him credit, and now he's proven himself as quite possibly hades right hand secret. At the moment it seems like there is potential for other GH members to have not known about the details of the azuma plan, although their surprise could still either be a mere feign or that of surprise that azuma is actually capable of taking control of, and absorbing the whole islands power, including the powers of the fairy tail members.

i do not see fairy tail surviving on their own, this suggests their WILL be an outside influence, maybe it will be seperate to the council, maybe it will be etherion. it's interesting to note that if etherion was to be fired, GH would have to flee, the tree would be back in the hands of fairy tail again, protecting them from the firing of etherion.

and a random idea that has no basis whatsoever except for the fact that this arc is going big...maybe the dragons will show up to save them.

@ghost, i do not believe he was talking about azuma. the old bastard comment was in reference to hades and his plans which revolved far more around azuma than the other kin. the way bluenote said weird orders kind of suggets he didntknow the details.

Atobe the king
May 21, 2011, 08:42 AM
and a random idea that has no basis whatsoever except for the fact that this arc is going big...maybe the dragons will show up to save them.

I was really thinking this as well...but so many big reveals, appearances is one arc..wouldn't that be TOO much? or is that just me.

Fê - forever alone
May 21, 2011, 08:54 AM
It was quite interesting to know that the island itself has magical power.

Is the power of Mavis? Because if it is, Azuma will not endure for long, lol.

Aaah man,this arc is f*** awesome.

And to think there are some saying that FT is pure rubbish made ​​just "for fun". Sure it's just for fun, but if you stop to look will find beautiful existential symbolism.

I'm enjoying this new phase so much...

By the way, if the power of the island is not Mavis himself or his powers, then Ultear can do everything back to normal.

That is, if she is trully an ally.

Ero-Sanji
May 21, 2011, 08:58 AM
As I said from the very beginning Azuma is a force not to take lightly and finally he shows us his true powers.

Even though it still hurts from Natsu's sudden victory I'm glad their getting beat up at the moment and hopefully they'll lose the battle.

Please, please, please don't let Erza win this!

swordsaintscoot
May 21, 2011, 08:59 AM
ultear...

thats a VERY interesting plot point you've brought up. ultear in the galuna arc did somewhat help them by restoring the village, you really can't pick her angle yet. but if she is an ally, she will surely restore the tree.

Ifrit
May 21, 2011, 09:00 AM
And here I was happy about Fried n Bixlow intro...ok that is LAME !!!

Azuma stronger than Bluenote not sure HADES said Gildartz first person able to stop bluenote after me.

I don't know what to predict now things gone crazy,,,btw again who is the kid stare @ the sea ????

swordsaintscoot
May 21, 2011, 09:02 AM
it wasn't addressed in this chapter unfortunately, what this means i dont know. i feel like skipping this boy was done for good reason...like just the act of not telling us yet meant something.

but the most common theories are zeref mavis and romeo.

Atobe the king
May 21, 2011, 09:05 AM
Even though it still hurts from Natsu's sudden victory I'm glad their getting beat up at the moment and hopefully they'll lose the battle.

Never gonna really understand this sentiment...

I don't picture either side actually winning, but rather a forced tie.

Zeltrax
May 21, 2011, 09:05 AM
The vibes the finale of this arc is giving me is the same as the one oracion seis gave me,
remember when Nirvana was charging up and ready to fire and everyone thought that no one should be able to defeat Zero?
Yep, the same situation as it is now, and I believe the result will be the same.

I'm going to put it out and say that erza will defeat Azuma, and he'll go and say that it'll be "too late to stop it"
Of course, fairy tail won't go down so easily and will stand up despite slowly losing their magic power because well...
they are fairy tail.

Then, natsu will kick someone's ass after gildart is done with bluenote and bix and fried is done with Rustyrose.
Urtear will join fairy tail with meldy and the arc closes.
:shifty

ErosVp
May 21, 2011, 09:10 AM
I always had in mind that FT would lose this fight, but how will they survive?! I would love to see Luxus saving their asses there, since he is not part of the guild anymore he wouldn't have problems with the tree.... But Urtear might be the one to save them, I really don't know what to expect of this arc and everything anymore.... I give up!

swordsaintscoot
May 21, 2011, 09:10 AM
haha

well just be glad that it will be someone stronger than natsu currently is saving the day this time...hopefully. erza is an acceptable character to be the one saving fairy tail. either way i dont think we can pick yet, and thats what im loving. i disagree about it having the same feel as oracion seis though...it was my least favourite arc, more so than edolas (at least edolas felt insanely quick to me, which cut out the crappiness of it)

White Silver King
May 21, 2011, 09:13 AM
Nothing about the boy? That's weird.

Anyway, it's nice to know Fairy Tail has been winning because their power has been enhanced and they're not allowed to die (and all the GH were going for the kill - probably the only reason Elfman and Evergreen survived). What does Azuma mean that Ezra can save her friends? Is he not draining her powers or something? This new development coupled with Lucy's "We believed in our victory..." stuff makes me think FT will either lose (YES!) or be about to lose/die and GH pulls out with Zeref.

swordsaintscoot
May 21, 2011, 09:15 AM
well i don't think everyones powers are fully drained yet, and she is the only one who knows exactly where he is right now right? being the one fighting him and all, its more like shes against the clock to keep fairy tail in the game. like having those pesky timers on a difficult boss battle. :p

RaveDragon
May 21, 2011, 09:23 AM
The chapter is early!!! *cries tears of joy*
Awesome Erza cover page, i must say she's gonna kick ass even if she doesnt win! (which she will! but she's gonna be out after this match with Azuma for sure)
Lol patience is truly a virtue ay?

Rustyrose was thought a goner just cuz he got beaten and scared but he seems to have some tricks left up his sleeve still Bixlow and Freid PUMMEL HIM!! xD
Erza needs to win fast if they are too much drained and beaten they might lose.

Gildarts is really having a cool fight with bluenote. i was thinking if Azuma is stronger than BN and Erza is actually on par with him she must be on Gil's same level unless the G-man is holding back...for now. Like i said patience is a virtue and Gil must have a lot waiting for the right moment to strike.

Azuma is really cool, and awesome. too bad he's a bad guy, he's quite the cool villian though ^^ I love Erza's Paradox quote; "all i need is the power to be able to protect my comrades, so long as i have the strenght to do that, i dont care if i'm weaker than everyone in the world" Thats so mature and nice and cool!

I imagine FT already lost a great deal here in honor and pride ads thier sacred land was pretty much destroyed, the poor tree D= so we already see FT lost some stuff, I'm not 100% sure FT will lose now Im 50-50 on either a hard blowing tie or a loss.

Erza's comment on why the master chose the FT island as the test place are fishy, did he know they might be in toruble, did he know that there were people like GH who wanted Zeref from the island. Maybe he just didnt know who the members where :/

FT is having a slightly darkish arc here, i bet Its gonna be awesome cant wait for the next chapter!

Edit; PS Guys stop being so blood thirsty for FT guys too lose that badly, i am predicting either a tie with some loses (one being the ruined Island which must sting thier pride and honor) or a lose but i wouldnt be surprised if they kind of win, ie beat all the kin but lose Gray ultear zeref andd hades

Fê - forever alone
May 21, 2011, 09:26 AM
Azuma is sucking all the magic power of all FT mages, including Gildartz.

And that's why he's getting beaten by Bluenote, because before, both of them were tied.

Remembering that he is crippled, has no left leg or left arm, not to mention that 's all patched and without an organ.
-
The same goes for Fried and Bixlow, their powers are being sucked, that's why they seem helpless now.
-
Hades made ​​clear that besides him, Gildartz was the only able to stop Bluenote.
-
Azuma is strong, but just because he's sucking all magical power from FT mages and the Island - wich was stated that it had a great amount of power - and using to his advantage.

If was in another location, he would not be so tough.

Imagine Natsu fighting in a volcano where flames explode every 5 secs, having Igneel supplying him with the strongest type of fire.

That would be Azuma's situation at the moment, so damn strong because of external influences, that it seems the others are so much weaker than they really are.

swordsaintscoot
May 21, 2011, 09:27 AM
i dont think azuma is directly stronger than bluenote, rather is ability is far more useful and flexible. i think that might let him overcome people stronger than him, and be a more useful tool to have in the shed, rather than brute force.

RaveDragon
May 21, 2011, 09:30 AM
The vibes the finale of this arc is giving me is the same as the one oracion seis gave me,
remember when Nirvana was charging up and ready to fire and everyone thought that no one should be able to defeat Zero?
Yep, the same situation as it is now, and I believe the result will be the same.

I'm going to put it out and say that erza will defeat Azuma, and he'll go and say that it'll be "too late to stop it"
Of course, fairy tail won't go down so easily and will stand up despite slowly losing their magic power because well...
they are fairy tail.

Then, natsu will kick someone's ass after gildart is done with bluenote and bix and fried is done with Rustyrose.
Urtear will join fairy tail with meldy and the arc closes.
:shifty

I wouldnt be surprised if Meldy joined FT (so as to find Ultear as FT is searching for missing Gray)but Ultear for now is onto Zeref and gray may follow her now (another loss for FT here) they might not be losing battles or lives but they are losing more stuff emotionally right now which can be worse than death ^^ at least i think so...

ErosVp
May 21, 2011, 09:39 AM
It is not that I want FT to lose, but GH is just too powerfull! Hades is unbeatable!!! Even if Erza wins who can defeat Hades? I think FT will lose to the greatest Dark Guild now and have the rematch later...
The thing is... who will save them from death now?

swordsaintscoot
May 21, 2011, 09:41 AM
its hard to believe that anyone can become strong enough at all to stand up to hades right now.

there will be sacrifices.

RaveDragon
May 21, 2011, 09:53 AM
But thats the point if Hades kills them wheres FT going to go now? lets face it there are to many mysteries with the characters we have to lose them.

On the other hand wouldnt it be a greater loss for them a big blow in their FT pride and stuff that would shock FT and could be worse than death if Hades let them live (or took the life of maybe 1 character who is not needed basically anyone but Lucy, Natsu and the dragon slayers, Erza, Gray, Gildartz) to show them how hopelessly weak they are?

That boy might also be their salvation, i do like the time traveling mage thing. Maybe somone waiting for the survivors of this battle to guide them to win in the rematch.

ca12nag3
May 21, 2011, 10:13 AM
I think well get to see everything up untill the boy arives. Whoever he may be. Im not going into the discussion again about who he is. So it might be another chapter or 2 before we see the boy.

Im going with the timetravel thing since that makes sense in Mashimas writing universe. He plays that trick a lot so im sticking with it untill he goes another direction.

That way FT will have lost and everyone except perhaps a few will have died in the future timeline but the boy will change that for this past.

(Rave spoiler)
like how sieg in rave actualy affected the future, sending out those letters if one remembers calling in allies to join the fight.Ofc in FT it wont happen like this but certainly Mashima has other ideas for this timeloop if there is one.

Skyguardian
May 21, 2011, 10:14 AM
Time Travelling... Why not...

I had a freky idea crossing my mind... If he comes from the future... Why couldn't he be the son of Natsu and Lisanna?
Only my imagination I know... But it would be awesome. :amuse

meepers4982
May 21, 2011, 10:15 AM
i really liked this chapter but i want to get past the fight between azuma and erza and get to the conclusion of this arc. Theres only one scene left from charle's vision and that natsu crying, i hope that happens soon.

swordsaintscoot
May 21, 2011, 10:16 AM
the kid kinda reminds me of wendy as well tbh.

maybe natsu and wendy are more related than we think? another sibling we've yet to meet.

kidopitz27
May 21, 2011, 10:18 AM
so the giant tree is like the Yggdrasil tree for the Fairy Tail guild they can't do anything because that tree hold the guild together like source of mana in some Rpg games :)

RaveDragon
May 21, 2011, 10:25 AM
Time Travelling... Why not...

I had a freky idea crossing my mind... If he comes from the future... Why couldn't he be the son of Natsu and Lisanna?
Only my imagination I know... But it would be awesome. :amuse

I hope not :-_- lol sorry but Im a nalu fan =P although nali is second to it xD lol lets not get into this boy is blablabla discussion again xD haha

Im gonna wait patiently till Mashima himself introduces him xD wouldnt be surprised if this guy timetravelled as is the son of some FT couple, lol he'd pull a trunks xD

As for the island i was awed in how imp it is and Ft has lost quite some stuff even though not physically (though GH is using them as a punching bag with the new characters and the lost magic lol still FT prevailed though pretty beaten) and more spriritually. this is why FT is on my top 3 list xD they fight in both ways =] not just punching...

Natsu crying is so gonna be for the biggest loss they will receive, and im still thinking something bad might happen to Lucy, whats left to see now;

Erza vs Azuma,
BN and Gil,
Rustyrose and FT camp guys,
Gray and Ultears confrontation and departure with Zeref,
Lucy's big part in this arc, (this may involve Capricorn)
Natsu crying,
Hades pummeling of FT, his lsdt big blow,
The boys intervention.

Did i miss something?

Edit; at least we now know why FT was not losing any people *cough*evergreen, elfman, master*cough*

kidopitz27
May 21, 2011, 10:47 AM
time traveling? its a good theory but what if it is on reverse :) so what if Natsu really doesn't exist and Zeref created Natsu to accompany him on his travel because Zeref is lonely because people are calling him a evil wizard and he created Natsu by pouring a dragons blood on a statue that he made :)

mc1221cm
May 21, 2011, 10:52 AM
hmmm... i have a feeling that laxus will return.... he's no longer a fairy tail wizard so he's magic wont be sucked by Azuma...
i also have a feeling that gildarts will die... thats what will cause natsu and cana to cry...

swordsaintscoot
May 21, 2011, 10:55 AM
that actually makes so much more sense now that we know canas relation to gildartz

i hope gildartz death causes natsu to lose control. every other time in his angered dragon force state he'd still retained control, i hope he busts a nut and envelops everything.

it'd also make a lot of sense too, hades and bluenote know that right now gildartz is the only other mage that can stop bluenote, it'd make sense to use the advantageous situation where their power is being drained to prevent gildartz from stopping them in the future.

exacta
May 21, 2011, 11:00 AM
Hope Luxus comes and fights Azuma....Erza needs to lose a fight. This arc is amazing, totally makes up for the shitfest arcs we had to go through before, though I liked Edolas.

I don't want Gildartz to die, he's only just begun to get screentime....I want him to live through at least one more arc before killing him off is considered an option. I don' think Mashima will.

mashimashilove
May 21, 2011, 11:02 AM
i loved rusty's turnaround. too bad we won't be able to see him fight fried and bixlow with their power-up anymore. ah well, good enough for now~

everything involving the tree was just so unexpected. D8

and i really dont think that boy will have anything more to do with anything, honestly. it seemed just like he was looking into the future, ready for when he becomes a mage of fairy tail and can travel to tenrou island to compete for s-class. it was just one of those, the next generation will surpass the next things, or something. i mean, maybe he'll be addressed again, but i really doubt it.

kkck
May 21, 2011, 11:21 AM
I think erza will end up winning. Azuma can control the entire island but even with such magical power he will still lose if he gets slashed. Erza needs just one chance at him for the time being. I doubt dragons would do something at this point. They will intervene at some point in the story but it was also mentioned they would have to trust zeref and the humans so it kinda seems too early.

Wonder if erza will use fairy glitter though. Cana did not have the caliber to use it but in turn erza is stronger than her and asuma is weaker than bluenote. Fairy glitter was not really used and considering everything it should be a factor at some point.

Perhaps the kid we saw last chapter will save everyone though. The kid also has to be relevant at some point and IT IS NOT MACAU'S KID so perhaps within the next few chapters we will see him arriving to the island.

swordsaintscoot
May 21, 2011, 11:25 AM
look, don't be so confident in saying it is not. It might not be, it might be. but stating something as fact that you do not know for certain is arrogant. :(

Krono
May 21, 2011, 11:41 AM
And to think that Rustyrose was faking it. Damn that guy.

No, he wasn't faking. They surprise attacked him, overcame what appears to be his standard combo, and succeeded in scaring him. It's just that contrary to what various nay-sayers were claiming, rather than it being a mark of him about to job in a curbstomp battle, it was a mark of him getting more creative.

Where was Cana? I think I didn't see her...

Lucy was carrying her.

It was quite interesting to know that the island itself has magical power.

Actually we've known since the start of the arc that the island itself had magical power:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c203/15.html

Though when Cana got Fairy Glitter from Marvis's grave it looked like it might have been referring to that not the island.

Anyway, it's nice to know Fairy Tail has been winning because their power has been enhanced and they're not allowed to die (and all the GH were going for the kill - probably the only reason Elfman and Evergreen survived). What does Azuma mean that Ezra can save her friends? Is he not draining her powers or something? This new development coupled with Lucy's "We believed in our victory..." stuff makes me think FT will either lose (YES!) or be about to lose/die and GH pulls out with Zeref.

I think he's not draining her power, she's not showing the signs of it like the rest including Gildarts are. What I'm guess is that this is more or less the same as Azuma vs Mirajane. Azuma wants to fight strong people. He's in the presence of someone strong. He makes a very real threat to those important to them in order to get them to fight him seriously.

LoS
May 21, 2011, 11:47 AM
Sigh, now after this chapter a shit ton of members will finally come around to believing Fairy Tail loses in this arc.

It has been apparent for months now, but somehow the bandwagon filled up after the last two chapters for the belief that Fairy Tail would win. I just don't know how people could not see that so long as Hades is not hit by a nuclear bomb pulled out of Mashima's ass Fairy Tail loses. People need to understand that Fairy Tail can win fights here and there but they still lose so long as Hades gets Zeref, Mashima is finally setting up the big picture for the future.

It makes me LOL hard that there were over 200+ useless posts in the last chapter thread arguing and debating over and over again the identity of the boy when it hasn't even been revealed.

At least Azuma has honor, he might be weakening the other Fairy Tail members scattered across the island, but he is leaving Ezra hale and healthy in order to have his duel.

I just hope that their fight is simply just a fight, I don't want to hear any more garbage about what makes Ezra strong or nakama powerups. I just want the two of them to fight it out, small amount of dialogue, but sadly it will not happen this way. Ezra will get very desperate and let us all know what makes her strong and somehow she will prevail through asspull means.

mc1221cm
May 21, 2011, 12:02 PM
i think the only chance of fairy tail winning againts hades is if they somehow figured out how to activate the third most powerful magic of fairytail.... what do you guys think?...

LoS
May 21, 2011, 12:06 PM
It's taken 230+ chapters to reveal two of the most powerful FT magics, I really doubt they reveal the 3rd only 5 or so chapters after the reveal of the second.

mc1221cm
May 21, 2011, 12:08 PM
hahaha.... yeah.... your probably right but still.... from the look of things.... its like fairy tail has no chance of winning againts hades.... sorry for bringing this up again.... but maybe the boy has a special role that could lead fairytail to victory right?....

coolerthanzerok
May 21, 2011, 12:09 PM
I think Asuma's honor will be the end of him. I'm suspecting Erza will be willing to kill in this fight. I mean, the rest of her fights were pretty much just KOs. I'm hoping there's a follow-up where Urtear restores the tree, though maybe not for a couple chapters. I want more Fried/Bixlow/Gildartz, so I'm hoping Erza wins. And then everyone gets curbstomped by Hades. *fingers crossed*

mc1221cm
May 21, 2011, 12:13 PM
speaking of urtear.... whats the deal with her and grey.... i read a theory saying that she's trying to recruit grey... hope it doesnt happen though...

Ero-Sanji
May 21, 2011, 12:16 PM
It has been apparent for months now, but somehow the bandwagon filled up after the last two chapters for the belief that Fairy Tail would win. I just don't know how people could not see that so long as Hades is not hit by a nuclear bomb pulled out of Mashima's ass Fairy Tail loses.

That's just the problem, that joke bomb you're referring to could become reality:p

I still wonder though how they are going to deal with Hades in the future. We, know that Bluenote and Azuma can get taken care of but this man has too much power.

swordsaintscoot
May 21, 2011, 12:26 PM
really getting annoyed at this stage about how whenever a good guy wins against a supposed bad guy it has to be an asspull, or whenever things dont go your way its an asspull. the writer introduced something new! its an asspull. someone fights for their friends! its an asspull.

asspull is an asspull.

so annoying lol.

LoS
May 21, 2011, 12:35 PM
lol this guy mad

face it, to defeat Hades it will be an asspull.

Simply put, the guy is just too damn strong. He should not and hopefully will not be defeated at this current stage of the manga.

The characters all need to grow, and him getting a hold of Zeref really helps advance the plot. I don't really know why this is so hard for people to come to terms with...

swordsaintscoot
May 21, 2011, 12:38 PM
at this stage yeah it would be an asspull, i don't disagree. it's just that this arc has brought so many haters yelling asspull that i have developed a salty attitude towards the word.:arro

but the thing is i dont think erza defeating azuma at least is an asspull (ugh i hate saying it)

azuma alreayd said if he vsd mira in a fair fight they'd be fairly even, maybe even have lost. It's fair to say that currently we've seen erza at a higher level than mira...ya know?

Sollum
May 21, 2011, 01:31 PM
I. Feel. Trolled. I. Really. Do.

I was expecting some Trunks future Romeo action.

And... Hey, that means Zancrow would have killed Natsu, but tree "saved" him.

Ero-Sanji
May 21, 2011, 01:41 PM
at this stage yeah it would be an asspull, i don't disagree. it's just that this arc has brought so many haters yelling asspull that i have developed a salty attitude towards the word.:arro

but the thing is i dont think erza defeating azuma at least is an asspull (ugh i hate saying it)

azuma alreayd said if he vsd mira in a fair fight they'd be fairly even, maybe even have lost. It's fair to say that currently we've seen erza at a higher level than mira...ya know?

I feel your uneasiness towards the "asspull" thing but you've got to admit that FT have had some questionable outcomes and yes many series if not all of them have it but at least for me it gets annoying when it happens several times in a very similar way. I would love for Natsu to win a fight without eating something and through his own strength and for Erza to win against an opponent without the use of her eye mostly because those situations are starting to get repetitive.

Thankfully this arc has proven that there are some obstacles that they can't overcome as of yet, which is great. However, I'm waiting for thatt true moment of despair that really puts the heroes to the test of rising to higher levels.

eefrit
May 21, 2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah for villains! Anyway this was a decent chapter. It indeed took out the epic rescue of the last chapters. Azuma's powers are pretty interesting when explained. Why wasn't he the trump card? I think his powers are more dangerous than Bluenote's Azuma vs Erza...I have mixed feelings about this fight.

1337 haxor
May 21, 2011, 02:28 PM
One thing was explained, how could FT survive absurd damage and recover the strenght to fight so quickly.

Nice twist here Mashima, however, I am not buying FT's defeat just yet.

First of all we are talking about Erza, she is like the Hitsugaya of this series and not giving her an important role in the arc really seemed out of place.

Truth be said, Azuma stood brilliantly to his spot as misterious last to be revealed member.

He is by no means stronger than Bluenote, it's just that his ability was particularly well suited for the task that came. It's good to see that Mashima gave Hades a keen strategic sense.

Azuma is likely to go down within two chapters but the question here is what on earth will Erza pull out of her re-equip to get the job done.

Once he goes down an the magic returns to FT then both Bluenote and Rusty Rose will be defeated.

This means that old man Hades will finally step in I guess.

If there is any indication that this is not the end is because Lucy told she was going to play an important part in this conflict.

Something huge is about to go down, all this fights are epic but they are not the closing frantica which makes everyone say things are over for now.

We had that illusion because Bluenote was there and of a total different league than the rest but once Gildartz got there it became sort of Syunsui vs Stark without the color book crap.

THERE IS A WRITING ON THE WALL

The way things are heading cannot help but give me the impression of a "Dome of Las Noches" situation, a.k.a. someone will get killed but return completely beserk and invincible.

Who will Hades shoot at if his plan fail and who will become the raven that will rip the soul out of the demons?

Sollum
May 21, 2011, 03:50 PM
The way things are heading cannot help but give me the impression of a "Dome of Las Noches" situation, a.k.a. someone will get killed but return completely beserk and invincible.

Who will Hades shoot at if his plan fail and who will become the raven that will rip the soul out of the demons?

Natsu!

Personally I want it to be Natsu! He is no Pheonix, but he can still rise from ashes.

1337 haxor
May 21, 2011, 04:27 PM
Natsu!

Personally I want it to be Natsu! He is no Pheonix, but he can still rise from ashes.

Either him or, believe me or not, Lucy.

I think that Fairy Tail will win but either by Natsu turning into a rampant dragon or Lucy pulling a Ayanami doomsday weapon device.

It's usually one of the protagonists that undergo this sort thing.

Anyway the thing is, FT wins but the victory is pyrrhic as GH got away with Zeref and someone had to pay off hardly to bring the beserker back to his senses.

ShoobyDooBop
May 21, 2011, 05:58 PM
Epic chapter is epic.
Azuma's magic is pure win. No surprise that Gildarts is losing. You should expect that from a man such as Bluenote.

I knew that Tenrou has great amount of magical power since it was mentioned but I didn't expect it to have that special attribute. That explains when Mira-chan just hugged Lisanna and they survived.

BTW, about Tenrou Island. Makarov said that Fairies used to live on that island so what if by some chance, a few Fairies are still alive and those Fairies are gonna help them? Does it sound crazy?

White Silver King
May 21, 2011, 07:56 PM
I think the title page might be foreshadowing. Erza doesn't need magic to use her japanese-street clothes requip and she took down Ikaruga with that - she may do the same with Azuma. While nonsensical and repetitive, its exactly Mashima's style.

I hope Lucy pulls the one-hit-KO-bull-shit technique if FT has to win and it's between her or Natsu. I wouldn't be able to handle it if Natsu won by pulling yet another tech out of his ass (there seems to be a lot of room in there).

shuha27
May 21, 2011, 08:53 PM
Great chapter! Unfortunately we can already tell Azuma is going to lose against Erza. It's cool how even though GH has less members they are still fighting on par with FT and it seems if that they have the upperhand.

ghostexiled
May 21, 2011, 09:37 PM
To set my record straight (since I seem to have some members posting and taking it in a negative manner) I am in no way, shape or form... patting myself on the back for "supposedly" being correct in FT's current downfall.

I have not been preaching chapter after chapter that I believe they will lose... I merely stated that I think they SHOULD lose.

My earlier comment was directed more towards members that were complaining each and every chapter about GH losing.

There is now a reason (call it an asspull or whatever) for FT's victories thus far...

I have long stated to be patient with the series before posting comments about how much you hate this series now or think that everything that happens is BS.

Everyone is more than welcome to have an opinion, one way or another. It is all in the manner of how you go about sharing that opinion that matters here.

There are those that love the series and know what to expect, then there are those that complain no matter what takes place in the series.

It is funny that I am the one to be picked out of the many others sharing my theories... maybe cause some think I am using my authority stand point to write the bible of posts or something. :p

If FT happens to turn this around and win... then I am not going to complain or gripe. It is human nature to win some theories and lose others. :)

Sorry that this is WAY off topic, but I think it needed to be addressed... again. :p

1337 haxor
May 21, 2011, 10:02 PM
To set my record straight (since I seem to have some members posting negatively about it) I am in no way, shape or form... patting myself on the back for "supposedly" being correct in FT's current downfall.

I have not been preaching chapter after chapter that I believe they will lose... I merely stated that I think they SHOULD lose.

My earlier comment was directed more towards members that were complaining each and every chapter about GH losing.

There is now a reason (call it an asspull or whatever) for FT's victories thus far...

I have long stated to be patient with the series before posting comments about how much you hate this series now or think that everything that happens is BS.

There are those that love the series and know what to expect, then there are those that complain no matter what takes place in the series.

If FT happens to turn this around and win... then I am not going to complain or gripe. It is human nature to win some theories and lose others. :)

Hater gona hate, there is nothing we can do about that.

FT will most likely lose but I don't think it will be because of Azuma wrecking Tenrou Island.

The way he is doing it places much emphasis on the "Erza must be important in every arc" dogma we saw in every arc since her introduction.

Mashima always saves her for a pivotal battle against an enemy who no one else can defeat and if not dealt with will ultimately lead to a total defeat for the good guys.

Examples: Aria, Midnight, Knightwalker, etc...

This is no different, just more epic.

Azuma will give a hard time but he will be defeated soundly and once the Island's magic is back under FT's control we will enter the final phase of this arc.

Gildartz will defeat Bluenote while Fried and Bixlow will defeat Rustyrose.

As the last of his forces crumble Hades finally loses that cool of his and decides to resolve things personally.

This is when the real nightmare starts, he is likely to kill someone and trigger a "Dome of Las Noches" situation that will force him to flee.

Hades is an unrechable opponent at this moment, not even the combined power from all FT mages (including Gildartz but excluding Makarov) would be enough to defeat him.

However, this is what makes the setting for that well known "Hero goes beserk" situation.

Ulquiorra, Sensui, Pain, that third son of Narak and Hades are the sort of enemy who inevitably pushes things to far leading to an untimely awakening of a character's true power under uncontrolled conditions.

White Silver King
May 21, 2011, 10:10 PM
Not trying to be argumentative but haven't the people who have been complaining about the ass pulls been proved correct this chapter? That it was all just BS? I don't really see the point of your comment (in respect to your argument, it supports mine more than it does yours).

ghostexiled
May 21, 2011, 10:18 PM
^It is more in the matter of how one views it...

you say asspull and I say entertainment that I have no issues with.

Again I have no issue with a person calling BS here and there... but when you have been here (not you, but general YOU) since around the Wendy arc calling BS. Then what are the reasons for you to continue reading this?

As far as my point... was to have members stop posting bashing comments towards me or anyone else, just cause they have an issue with the way a post may be written (excluding of course any posts that may be bashing already.) :)

shuha27
May 21, 2011, 10:18 PM
Does Azuma's powers not work on GH? It seems like none of them are effected by his magic. I just realized Ultear's power could undo everything Azuma just did and restore Tenrou Island back to normal. She may do that if she really is on Fairy Tail's side which I hope she is :)

LoS
May 21, 2011, 10:38 PM
I actually am upset at Mashima for Azuma's newly revealed power. It's just pretty silly, he is trying to explain the shitfest that has occurred thus far by stating that the island protected them, and now he reveals Azuma has a parasitic type ability which can drain FT members of power. It is just the mangaka forcing things to work. It would have been better even to just have FT win without this explanation, and have Azma just have some earth ability without the parasitic power. That way Rustyrose would have to up his imagination and Gildartz would either win or lose based on Hades' arrival.

ghostexiled
May 21, 2011, 10:44 PM
I can understand your point LoS, as you have always been one of the more reasonable members.

The way I see this working out and not looking like an asspull (IMO) was... Hades wanted entertainment from the battles and Azuma was a fight seeker.

Sure any other villain that was not in these mind sets would just have Azuma slip in and start sucking the magic from the get go.

Bluenote falls into this category... as he wanted to get this crap over with and gain a new power while he was at it. But Hades just had to have his entertainment...

But I guess Hades wanted to know if his Kin with their Lost magic would be good enough to take down a suped up FT. Of course you know that Hades knew this... I guess this is where he gained his entertainment.

But then we don't have an engaging arc. :)

Ifrit
May 21, 2011, 11:52 PM
I agree with some of you who say Ultear gonna help FT rebuild that tree. So here I am confused again not sure what to think of her is she good or a bad person after all she did help the people in that village. She is not holding any grudge against fairy tail anyway.
Mashima wins he might be reading this forums xD every1 posting who is gonna be the boy who stares @ the sea...then Mashima ( I'm gonna make them wait a little more just for fun ).

Mashiro_Luna
May 22, 2011, 12:40 AM
Does anyone else think that Ultear is going to manipulate Gray into coming with her and Grimoire Heart? I know it an odd theory but we know that Ultear is the hands down master of manipulation (could almost be her priimary weapon) and Gray is full of guilt at having 'killed' his master. Thinking Ultear will lie about what she is doing and Gray will join Grimoire Heart as a 'undercover double agent'. If this happens I am thinking that Hades will do something to him to make him think differently and give him Zoldeo's Human Subordination magic to fill the gap of his one dead kin.

Kuzumikun
May 22, 2011, 02:37 AM
maybe ultear will fix the tree to gain trust from grey
then grey will tell her to join fairy tail and she will be a spy for another dark guild?
erza is totally going to own azuma and i can't wait to see how he reacts same goes for rustyrose and bluenote.
i would LOVE to see Lucy pull out a super strength one-hit-k.o. attack.
as i said before lucy maybe posses this light/planet type magic which she doesn't know D:
i was hoping to see Levy fight-sigh-

-Ken-
May 22, 2011, 03:09 AM
I'm confused on what's going on. Does this mean Bluenote actual power was above Gildarts?

Ifrit
May 22, 2011, 03:22 AM
I'm confused on what's going on. Does this mean Bluenote actual power was above Gildarts?

No I don't think so ..HADES said : so there was some1 other than me that can stop bluenote (referring to Gildartz) now Azuma is sucking Fairy Tail members magic n Giladrtz is a member right so how can he stop bluenote with no magic power ?

like I said before I don't know what to predict anymore :s

but : Erza wins the fight ( she always do ) only time she got defeated is by Jose n yet she took a lot of damage be4 going into that fight.

Ultear Help fairy tail restoring the tree or the whole island.

Gildartz beats bluenote,,,Fried n bixlow beat Rustyrose ( I want that guy defeated so bad) he's annoying.

Laxus appears soon..... ( I hope so)

kkck
May 22, 2011, 03:53 AM
Personally I think erza will find a way to win. Azuma merely took control of a large amount of power but a swordslash will defeat him just as it would anyone else. Erza has armors against any type of magic for the most part so it would not be unreasonably for her to have anti tree/earth armor. Ultimately she just needs a single clean hit on asuma to win.

Once that happens gildarts and bixlow/fried have a clear path to win their battles. It would not be strange for gildarts to finally get to use fairy glitter the proper way and take out bluenote considering he will be exhausted as he just had his magic drained.

I think luxus will be the one to ultimately settle this against hades. Luxus is younger than hades and perhaps about as strong as gildarts. He has fairy law so at least he should be capable of forcing him to retreat with the threat of mutual annihilation. Then again, the kid who is not romeo (he does not even look like him) should be relevant although I would find it a bit random for a character to suddenly appear and beat hades. The kid has natsu's clothes so I am thinking he might actually originate from the time and place natsu is from.

goldb
May 22, 2011, 03:55 AM
Interesting to see FT pushed to the edge of extintion, wonder how they'll get out this. I was kinda disappointed to see this happen though; we finally get to see Gildarts fight and now he's handicapped with Azuma draining FT member's magical power. Fair enough that Hades more or less confirmed Gildarts of being on the same level as Bluenote but I just wanted to see a fair fight.

RaveDragon
May 22, 2011, 04:27 AM
I think erza will end up winning. Azuma can control the entire island but even with such magical power he will still lose if he gets slashed. Erza needs just one chance at him for the time being. I doubt dragons would do something at this point. They will intervene at some point in the story but it was also mentioned they would have to trust zeref and the humans so it kinda seems too early.

Wonder if erza will use fairy glitter though. Cana did not have the caliber to use it but in turn erza is stronger than her and asuma is weaker than bluenote. Fairy glitter was not really used and considering everything it should be a factor at some point.

Perhaps the kid we saw last chapter will save everyone though. The kid also has to be relevant at some point and IT IS NOT MACAU'S KID so perhaps within the next few chapters we will see him arriving to the island.

The kid might be many people lets leave it to Mashima, i'm guessing we will all be proved wrong and shall dig a hole together to bury ourselves in because mashima does really unexpected things this chap proves it

Cana will probably see someone *cough*Lucy*cough* do an amazing speech or get hurt by Hades (since he's the only one that group can now meet i doubt theyll meet Gray and co) and be moved by her speech or sacriface andd understand hiw to use FG or perform it with someone, you know two magic powers are better than one to control something this good.

Sigh, now after this chapter a shit ton of members will finally come around to believing Fairy Tail loses in this arc.

It has been apparent for months now, but somehow the bandwagon filled up after the last two chapters for the belief that Fairy Tail would win. I just don't know how people could not see that so long as Hades is not hit by a nuclear bomb pulled out of Mashima's ass Fairy Tail loses. People need to understand that Fairy Tail can win fights here and there but they still lose so long as Hades gets Zeref, Mashima is finally setting up the big picture for the future.

It makes me LOL hard that there were over 200+ useless posts in the last chapter thread arguing and debating over and over again the identity of the boy when it hasn't even been revealed.

At least Azuma has honor, he might be weakening the other Fairy Tail members scattered across the island, but he is leaving Ezra hale and healthy in order to have his duel.

I just hope that their fight is simply just a fight, I don't want to hear any more garbage about what makes Ezra strong or nakama powerups. I just want the two of them to fight it out, small amount of dialogue, but sadly it will not happen this way. Ezra will get very desperate and let us all know what makes her strong and somehow she will prevail through asspull means.

Ive been saying that, in different perspective, they could win all the fights and in the end be pwned by Hades who will scar them by leaving them alive toi feel pathetic and weak. Plus FT will not consider losing Zeref but winning against the 7 kin as a full win rather a bad loss since this might mean bad things to come. They'll do some training and stuff and go for the rematch.

Erza winning is not a surprise but it could be someone else comes to her aid in some way if she wins alone using some good thinking and striking the weakness of the enemy it wouldnt be that bad. If someone helps her and we get some combo it would be cool too ^^ imo

really getting annoyed at this stage about how whenever a good guy wins against a supposed bad guy it has to be an asspull, or whenever things dont go your way its an asspull. the writer introduced something new! its an asspull. someone fights for their friends! its an asspull.

asspull is an asspull.

so annoying lol.

I know aye its so annoying when i myself find it nice and something that in the real world would go "Fine you win have 'my friend' but spare me" or would end up with the good guys dead D=

Its nice to see FT spirit and the new moves are really fun and not asspulls, come on Natsu almost died with the Zancrow counterattack and if it wasnt for Wendy guess what, no more Natsu so technically it was a tie not a win ><
[hr]

Either him or, believe me or not, Lucy.

I think that Fairy Tail will win but either by Natsu turning into a rampant dragon or Lucy pulling a Ayanami doomsday weapon device.

It's usually one of the protagonists that undergo this sort thing.

Anyway the thing is, FT wins but the victory is pyrrhic as GH got away with Zeref and someone had to pay off hardly to bring the beserker back to his senses.

I kind of have to agree here with you cuz that would explain her important part no?
[hr]

I think the title page might be foreshadowing. Erza doesn't need magic to use her japanese-street clothes requip and she took down Ikaruga with that - she may do the same with Azuma. While nonsensical and repetitive, its exactly Mashima's style.

I hope Lucy pulls the one-hit-KO-bull-shit technique if FT has to win and it's between her or Natsu. I wouldn't be able to handle it if Natsu won by pulling yet another tech out of his ass (there seems to be a lot of room in there).

Yeah as much as i love Natsu its too much for him if he does it again in another chapter oplus Lucy got Capricorn and maybe he might tell her on another one hit ko magic like urano metoria that her mum used to use somthing along the lines: "your mum used to use celestail magic not just summonings and her spells were blablabla as her duaghter you can do this too"
[hr]

Does anyone else think that Ultear is going to manipulate Gray into coming with her and Grimoire Heart? I know it an odd theory but we know that Ultear is the hands down master of manipulation (could almost be her priimary weapon) and Gray is full of guilt at having 'killed' his master. Thinking Ultear will lie about what she is doing and Gray will join Grimoire Heart as a 'undercover double agent'. If this happens I am thinking that Hades will do something to him to make him think differently and give him Zoldeo's Human Subordination magic to fill the gap of his one dead kin.

I find it plausible but rather than brainwashing him like with Jellal she is using words then again she might be with FT and actually restore the island like some say like she did in the Galuna arc with the village she did do a thing which she wasnt needed to do so...
[hr]
If i understood well Azuma is "possessing" the Island and reversing its power right?
That's quite an imaginative power, so if Erza tunes out all her magic and uses some other variation of the Robe of Yūen she might win.

I was thinking though what if all Fairy Tail (or one with a very good supply of magical power)just gave their magic and made Azuma go in overdrive. I mean there is a limit to how much the guy can absorb and this could give Erza the time she needed to counter and defeat.

Rarhyx
May 22, 2011, 05:11 AM
i think i never felt so much trolled like this time -.-
(i mean the cliffhanger from last chapter)

i hope gildartz won't die :x
at least i want some real action befor he's dying

oh and i hope laxus will show up, save the day and as a thanks for that he is a FT member again

Ifrit
May 22, 2011, 05:28 AM
i think i never felt so much trolled like this time -.-
(i mean the cliffhanger from last chapter)

i hope gildartz won't die :x
at least i want some real action befor he's dying

oh and i hope laxus will show up, save the day and as a thanks for that he is a FT member again

I agree....Gildartz is just 22222 cooool character to kill !!!

oh and about laxus I'm dreaming about his appearance. some say who will defeat HADES ( well there you go Laxus is here for the rescue) xD

justf0rnow
May 22, 2011, 08:15 AM
Does anyone seen Kana ? i mean i didnt saw her power being drained.
It might be the Fairy Glitter or blessing from master Mavis, and she might do something

Anyway, i am dying to know what Ultear said to Gray... PLEASE TELL US NAO
whatever it is, it better be good and not another lie like what she did to Gerard and Leon

Rarhyx
May 22, 2011, 08:23 AM
Does anyone seen Kana ? i mean i didnt saw her power being drained.
It might be the Fairy Glitter or blessing from master Mavis, and she might do something

Anyway, i am dying to know what Ultear said to Gray... PLEASE TELL US NAO
whatever it is, it better be good and not another lie like what she did to Gerard and Leon

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/47581705/14
next to lucy

RaveDragon
May 22, 2011, 09:33 AM
Azuma said he was under orders, is it possible he's not with hades but under someone else like Ivan?

Wow Natsu and Lucy look in pain...Azuma needs to be taken down fast.

Am i the only one that liked the islands explanation? why does every explanation we are given turn into an 'asspull' or whatnot -.-" Use your imagination, its a mages world where logic seems to be forgotten when i started FT i got that vibe and decided to accept and enjoy it (BEST decision EVA made xD cuz i adore FT)

I think there's more to that tree than this, a flashback explaining Zeref and how the tree rose will probably come. I also wanna see what Lucy has in serve for us ^^ and too bad Levy didnt fight i hope she helps out, even Lisanna. Use the characters to their best Mashima!

Something is gonna happen that will make FT in a way lose even if they win all the battles
My thoughts;

-Gray goes with Ultear (one heavy blow) this would lead Meldy to join Ft to find her...

-Lucy and Zeref being connected through her mum which leads to a dragon revelation cuz they're connected too especially if Z is a DS

-Lucy does her important thing which gets her either kidnapped or in danger (like hurt badly but okay) and makes FT realise they're pathetic or something

-boy (whoever he may be) comes to save the day and shows them how to beat Hades who has taken Zeref and maybe others
[hr]
I always though that Layla might be Zerefs exact opposite making Lucy his exact opposite in magic too (you know she is all lighty and stuff) and Zeref might recognize her, in this arc when they showed her i dont know if it was just me but this expression was too wise and collected and sad for a 16 year old;
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/223/20

and Zoldeos words here are wierd what hunch does he have?
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/223/18
This still has been unexplained i mean he wasnt refering to her mum he hadnt recognised her yet right? so why did he want her, whats so special?

Fê - forever alone
May 22, 2011, 11:00 AM
A small and crazy theory just came to my mind...

Is it possible that this power that Azuma is draining, the island's power, is actually Mavis' power?

We saw that this island is considered "Holy Ground", legends say that "fairies" lived there and that's where Mavis "sleeps/rests". We also saw it - the island - exudes an enormous magical power.

Then we saw Makarov "praying" and asking Mavis to protect them.

Later we saw Mavis power beaming, talking to Cana and giving her FG - one of the three great magics of FT.

Thus, Mavis would be "alive and conscious", having his power drained, seeing his pupils perishing, the Holy Land of FT being destroyed and still he would do nothing?
-
We saw in the picture talking about the light that emanates Mavis illuminating the unknown fate of the fairies vs. demons.

Is it possible that Mavis and his light - just as the spirit inherited from the FT - do something to help Erza and prevent Azuma from weakening all the magicians of FT?
-
I'm not saying that Mavis is trully alive and will interfere with his body or anything. What I'm theorising here is if it is possible that Mavis spirit/soul somehow interfere.

If this amount of magic power that the Island exudes comes from Mavis spirit/soul.
-
Well, what do you think?

Grizz
May 22, 2011, 11:16 AM
This chapter was awesome. Damn that Azuma, controlling the tree like that has weakened everyone. Seeing Bluenote vs Gildarts have fair fight would have been really interesting, but it's good see Hades acknowledge Gildarts's strength. Erza will defo will that tree psycho of azuma.

Ahhh man i want someone, anyone to just beta the hell out of Dustyrose

Fê - forever alone
May 22, 2011, 11:31 AM
Azuma said he was under orders, is it possible he's not with hades but under someone else like Ivan?
-
I always though that Layla might be Zerefs exact opposite making Lucy his exact opposite in magic too (you know she is all lighty and stuff) and Zeref might recognize her, in this arc when they showed her i dont know if it was just me but this expression was too wise and collected and sad for a 16 year old;
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/223/20

and Zoldeos words here are wierd what hunch does he have?
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/223/18
This still has been unexplained i mean he wasnt refering to her mum he hadnt recognised her yet right? so why did he want her, whats so special?
-
About Azuma, well, I don't think so. Bluenote, after mentioned Hades (old bastard) said he - Azuma - had weird orders. And later we see Azuma talking about Hades, and even Hades saying there's no more time.
-

About Lucy, yeah, I like the thought she and her mom are linked to the whole thing: dragons, DS and Zeref. Maybe it is just a coincidence, but I like to think it's not, lol.
-
Now, about Zoldeo, I think the hunch he had was Lucy being Layla's daughter. Right after saying that, he remembers and get wild, lol.

Ifrit
May 22, 2011, 12:04 PM
This chapter was awesome. Damn that Azuma, controlling the tree like that has weakened everyone. Seeing Bluenote vs Gildarts have fair fight would have been really interesting, but it's good see Hades acknowledge Gildarts's strength. Erza will defo will that tree psycho of azuma.

Ahhh man i want someone, anyone to just beta the hell out of Dustyrose

We all want Rustyrose to get his ass kicked over n over....he's annoying

Minato-sama
May 22, 2011, 12:09 PM
i wonder if Laxus will be effected as well from afar since he once was fairy tail. It be cool he come back in flashy entrance to save them like Gildartz did.

saya1987
May 22, 2011, 12:18 PM
I posted this several chapters ago but I feel like sharing it with people again. The following was extracted from the inner cover of FT vol.24. It included some of S-Class material that was originally planned, remained, and/or cut out:

Natsu and Happy's potential opponent had also included Gray and Loke before settling on Gildarts.

Mirajane was suppose to have won between Elfman and Evergreen.

Cana and Lucy beating Freed and Bixlow was planned out, along with the battle between Juvia and Lisanna with Erza.

Gajeel and Levy were suppose to fight Mest and Wendy, with the latter team winning the battle.

The Killing Wizard was not suppose to be Zeref, but had quite a few other names, including 'Touma', 'Mafuyu', 'Fuyuki', etc. But Death Magic remained.

Cana suddenly snuck out of the team and worked alone for personal reason. Lucy went to find Cana for that reason. (Well, kinda.)
Gray participating the exam for the second time.

Some info regarding Makarov's would die in the battle was circled, but parts about him dying was blurred. Whether this will occur or not will be revealed in the future.

The Island contained the secrets of Fairy Tail, and may be revealed in the course of battle
The words in bold meant that it already happened whereas those that were striked off meant that Hiro had drawn a new scenario.

What's interesting are the scenarios which have yet to happen. That Marakov may die. It seems Hiro isn't always goody goody to have FT winning all the time.

Personally, I do not wish for Marakov to die because I don't want to see pages of FT members crying and mourning. I have no patience for such a thing- I would rather see them fighting as it is now than for them to cry and fight later.

Anyway, chapter 235 is a good chapter overall but I don't really like the battle between Gildarts and Bluenote. Both of them had long distance attacking powers but it kinda got reduced to physical combat and then worsened to the state of smashing their heads against each other.

Then, we have Cana slumped over Lucy. Did fairy glitter drained her that much that Lucy had to carry her away? Previously, she had the strength to run away from the battlefield.

As for Erza, I don't think she'll lose. Besides her supply of armours, she has intelligence which she used in her battle against Midnight. I wouldn't be surprised if she can outsmart Azuma without much fighting. Take control of the tree and dump it in the sea so that azuma can't reach it? Haha. It's Erza the great we talking about here. No one threatens Erza the great. In any case, she may pull off the prank she did to Evergreen when she fought against her.

swordsaintscoot
May 22, 2011, 12:22 PM
I actually am upset at Mashima for Azuma's newly revealed power. It's just pretty silly, he is trying to explain the shitfest that has occurred thus far by stating that the island protected them, and now he reveals Azuma has a parasitic type ability which can drain FT members of power. It is just the mangaka forcing things to work. It would have been better even to just have FT win without this explanation, and have Azma just have some earth ability without the parasitic power. That way Rustyrose would have to up his imagination and Gildartz would either win or lose based on Hades' arrival.

I like you, I agree with ghost that even though we disagree you're far more reasonable and logical than a lot of people around here.

I didn't think this power was new. It was pretty obvious from the get go his power was an earth element, and I can't remember if I actually did post the fact I thought he was 'condensing' the element in order to create those explosions, if not, I was at least thinking it. Believe me or not lol, I know how this situation kinda looks but let's not get in to that.

I disagree with what you think his power is, his power isn't parasitic as such, he does use and manipulate the power of the earth, but that's not directly how he's absorbing FT's power, it's more like he's thrown the tree (the earth element he's controlling) in to reverse so that instead of supplying them with power and life, he's showing them weakness and death. So no, to me his power isn't parasitic, but rather his actions are parasitic because of the nature of the tree itself, and the potential his power had in such a situation.

At least this explanation is better than none right? although you did say no in your post. ;p I actually liked the whole tree thing and I've been curious if the shape of the island was going to play a part for some time now, and now we see why. I enjoyed it.

I feel like this flowed pretty well, rather than being forced to work anyway. I'm confident enough to suggest that this arc's storyline has probably been planned much further ahead than this, so I can say pretty confidently it was intended to be this way from the beginning. So rather than actually having a sloppy story and situation, it'd feel more correct to say the way he portrayed it was less than average. (even though I liked it)

I hope you read/respond to this <3

RaveDragon
May 22, 2011, 12:46 PM
I like you, I agree with ghost that even though we disagree you're far more reasonable and logical than a lot of people around here.

I didn't think this power was new. It was pretty obvious from the get go his power was an earth element, and I can't remember if I actually did post the fact I thought he was 'condensing' the element in order to create those explosions, if not, I was at least thinking it. Believe me or not lol, I know how this situation kinda looks but let's not get in to that.

I disagree with what you think his power is, his power isn't parasitic as such, he does use and manipulate the power of the earth, but that's not directly how he's absorbing FT's power, it's more like he's thrown the tree (the earth element he's controlling) in to reverse so that instead of supplying them with power and life, he's showing them weakness and death. So no, to me his power isn't parasitic, but rather his actions are parasitic because of the nature of the tree itself, and the potential his power had in such a situation.

At least this explanation is better than none right? although you did say no in your post. ;p I actually liked the whole tree thing and I've been curious if the shape of the island was going to play a part for some time now, and now we see why. I enjoyed it.

I feel like this flowed pretty well, rather than being forced to work anyway. I'm confident enough to suggest that this arc's storyline has probably been planned much further ahead than this, so I can say pretty confidently it was intended to be this way from the beginning. So rather than actually having a sloppy story and situation, it'd feel more correct to say the way he portrayed it was less than average. (even though I liked it)

I hope you read/respond to this <3

I agree at least Los gives reasons to his thought not just goes its BS and keeps it at it and does point out the good out of some stuff ^^

Azuma's power rather than being parasitic like a mistletoe is jut like a tree who uses its root to obtain what it needs from the soil, so right now the island is acting like his roots. But if a plant which is not accustomed to lets say salinity and ends up in an environment filled with it can die due to dehydration, im not gonna get in the biological how :) but this could be a way to defeat Azuma using brains they can get him into a 'saline' environment and use his own power against him ^^

Ifrit
May 22, 2011, 01:06 PM
I agree at least Los gives reasons to his thought not just goes its BS and keeps it at it and does point out the good out of some stuff ^^

Azuma's power rather than being parasitic like a mistletoe is jut like a tree who uses its root to obtain what it needs from the soil, so right now the island is acting like his roots. But if a plant which is not accustomed to lets say salinity and ends up in an environment filled with it can die due to dehydration, im not gonna get in the biological how :) but this could be a way to defeat Azuma using brains they can get him into a 'saline' environment and use his own power against him ^^

No no no no brain just use the kick kick bang bang smash way. n end this fight already I have no idea why ppl like Azuma (he's an ass) I hope laxus come n use his magic to lighting his ass along with his tree xD

just let me know if Laxus gonna be in this arc or not Q_Q

RaveDragon
May 22, 2011, 01:14 PM
No no no no brain just use the kick kick bang bang smash way. n end this fight already I have no idea why ppl like Azuma (he's an ass) I hope laxus come n use his magic to lighting his ass along with his tree xD

just let me know if Laxus gonna be in this arc or not Q_Q

Hey the brain part is just to show smarts the kick kick smash bang way will come right after his power is nullified xP

I like a good fight too but if you need to use le gray matter before it just makes it more interesting at least i think so, and much more entertaining and less barbaric, you know a good we fight for our friends but dont spill blood unnecessarily ^^

Well i dont really think Azuma is an ass though, as much as i cant wait for that bang to get him of the island -.-" as if he's like Erza, he's just making excuses, but maybe i should wait to hear his story

Laxus is sooooo coming back, but im not sure if he'll make it by this arc...they could use him after all as he is no longer a FT wizard the reverse of the islands magic wont affect him =D

Grizz
May 22, 2011, 03:16 PM
We all want Rustyrose to get his ass kicked over n over....he's annoying

He's too cocky. I hope he gets owned so bad that it will shut that mouth of his..

Krono
May 22, 2011, 07:13 PM
Laxus is sooooo coming back, but im not sure if he'll make it by this arc...they could use him after all as he is no longer a FT wizard the reverse of the islands magic wont affect him =D

The thing is, Luxus coming back would be an auto win for Fairy Tail. He's not really any stronger than Erza in a normal fight, but he knows Fairy Law. Unlike Makarov who remember's Hades as his old friend/master Purehito, Luxus would have no problem blasting them all, including Hades, meaning that Grimmoire Law would be irrelevant as there would be no chance to use it.

LoS
May 22, 2011, 08:01 PM
The thing is, Luxus coming back would be an auto win for Fairy Tail. He's not really any stronger than Erza in a normal fight, but he knows Fairy Law. Unlike Makarov who remember's Hades as his old friend/master Purehito, Luxus would have no problem blasting them all, including Hades, meaning that Grimmoire Law would be irrelevant as there would be no chance to use it.

This post is all kinds of wrong.

Luxus couldn't hold a candle to Hades plain and simple, how people continually forget just how freaking easily Hades dominated Makarov going all out still surprises me. The use of Fairy Law is null and void, because if Hades decides to counter it with Grimmoire Law the two compound one another and wipe away the entire island.

The only large scale spell left to use is the correct form of Fairy Glitter which will most likely be used to protect the Fairy Tail members when the council decides to fire Etherion on the island.

Ifrit
May 22, 2011, 11:45 PM

Luxus couldn't hold a candle to Hades plain and simple, how people continually forget just how freaking easily Hades dominated Makarov going all out still surprises me. The use of Fairy Law is null and void, because if Hades decides to counter it with Grimmoire Law the two compound one another and wipe away the entire island.

The only large scale spell left to use is the correct form of Fairy Glitter which will most likely be used to protect the Fairy Tail members when the council decides to fire Etherion on the island.

O.o ur right abut Fairy Law Vs Grimmoir law or whatever it's called.

I don't think HADES dominated Marakov . Marakov is old n in the fight he put his hand on his chest. ( heart problems) he's getting old.... now Laxus is young. I'm not saying Laxus can solo HADES by himself but we might see a combination with Fairy glitter (CANA) + Fairy Law (Laxus)

or this is insane theory ..Marakov told laxus that Ivan got kicked from Fairy Tail holding a huge secret which might be the 3rd powerful magic of fairy tail..who knows Laxus might know how to use it beside Fairy Law

Ero-Sanji
May 23, 2011, 12:08 AM
I don't think HADES dominated Marakov . Marakov is old n in the fight he put his hand on his chest. ( heart problems) he's getting old.... now Laxus is young. I'm not saying Laxus can solo HADES by himself but we might see a combination with Fairy glitter (CANA) + Fairy Law (Laxus)

Age has nothing to do with it since Hades is so much older...
Now you might be referring to is sickness but still Hades played with him like a cat plays with a mouse. Read it again there is no denying this man superiority.

I love Laxus but for him to be able to beat Hades now is just absurd. No one stands a chance against this beast. His way of dealing with magic is perfect he knows it all and dances with it. However, that combination you're talking about is a possibility but not in this arc, Laxus is probably too far away and Fairy glitter is most likely going to protect FT rather than destroying Hades.

swordsaintscoot
May 23, 2011, 12:28 AM
makarov is sick, but it is no excuse to lose to hades.

to be fair though, there is the possibility that hades is hades...leader of grimoire heart, but purehito was the leader of fairy tail, perhaps his dual identity is to retain to buffing effects of the tree?

Krono
May 23, 2011, 12:32 AM

I already said that Luxus was no better than Erza in normal combat. Which by logical extension means he can't hold a candle to Gildarts, much less to Makarov and Hades in a normal fight. He can still win with Fairy Law though.

What prevented Makarov from using Fairy Law was not that it'd have some reaction with Grimmoire Law that would blow up the island because it wouldn't. What stopped him was that just because his long missing old master turned up as the leader of the dark guild invading the island, it didn't mean that Makarov could truly see him as an enemy in his heart. As such, Fairy Law used by Makarov would not harm Hades, leaving Hades free to unleash Grimmoire Law in response.

Luxus on the other hand has no such attachment to Hades. He can use Fairy Law on the entire island and wipe out all of Grimmoire Heart, including Hades, before Hades realizes what's happening. Even if Luxus was in the same sort of FL/GL face off that Makarov and Hades were in, as long as he gets Fairy Law off first, Hades gets defeated, GL gets dissipated like Jose's shade's were, and Luxus wins.

LoS
May 23, 2011, 12:42 AM
IWhat prevented Makarov from using Fairy Law was not that it'd have some reaction with Grimmoire Law that would blow up the island because it wouldn't.

What are you talking about. Go read this page again (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/215/17) and tell me what "worst possible conclusion" alludes to.

Having two uber spells crash against one another yields the worst possible conclusion.

swordsaintscoot
May 23, 2011, 12:43 AM
gildartz is more powerful than makarov im pretty sure. i dont think we've been outright told yet though.

Krono
May 23, 2011, 01:07 AM
What are you talking about. Go read this page again (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/215/17) and tell me what "worst possible conclusion" alludes to.

Having two uber spells crash against one another yields the worst possible conclusion.

The worst possible conclusion is simple, Makarov uses FL, wipes out all of Grimmoire Heart except Hades, Hades uses Grimmoire Law in retaliation, wipes out all of Fairy Tail with the possible exception of Hades, and now both sides with the exception of the guild masters are death or comatose for months. No clashing of spells takes place as Hades, and by extension the magics he is working are immune to Fairy Law from Makarov. Makarov still identifies Purehito as an ally in his heart, and as such, just like Fairy Law didn't interfere with Happy's flight magic, Fairy Law would not interfere with Grimmoire Law because it was being done by an "ally".

Replace Makarov with Luxus, and Hades never gets the chance to use Grimmoire Law in retaliation because he's too blasted by Fairy Law to do anything. The unactivated Grimmoire Law gets wiped away by Fairy Law like Jose's shades were.

Ifrit
May 23, 2011, 01:11 AM
gildartz is more powerful than makarov im pretty sure. i dont think we've been outright told yet though.

I don't remember reading (in Manga) any1 saying that Makarov is stronger than Gildartz

I think it was Erza or Mira who said ..whether Gildartz stronger than master or not it's questionable am I right ?

but again we never seen Gildartz making a powerful magic like Fairy Law so this gives Makarov the upper hand I guess.

swordsaintscoot
May 23, 2011, 01:16 AM
his magic simply destroys all it touches if he doesnt hold it back

i'd say thats more dangerous than we've seen makarov...even fairy law. fairy law is fairly slow.

Ifrit
May 23, 2011, 01:19 AM
his magic simply destroys all it touches if he doesnt hold it back

i'd say thats more dangerous than we've seen makarov...even fairy law. fairy law is fairly slow.

true ...this is why every1 couldn't wait to see Gildartz in action against bluenote...but...that didn't happen as we all hoped....I'm sure every1 wanted to see Gildartz going all out ...after all he forced Natsu to get on his knee's without touching him ... !!

bittman
May 23, 2011, 03:03 AM
So it definitely looks like Erza will defeat Azuma. When he goes down, only 2 Kin + Bluenote + Hades remain. To me, this is too few to have them escape, and as we haven't seen Gildhartz win yet either most likely there will soon be only 2 kin + Hades remaining.

Regardless, escaping after all this will be a huge let down, and though we can easily craft theories on RustyRose and Ultear losing in battle, Hades is still the #1 "who the hell is gonna defeat this guy?" enemy.

I believed Gildhartz from like thirty chapters ago (or whenever Hades beat Markov), but given the closeness of him and Bluenote it's hard to imagine. Potential Markov gets back up for a last ditch battle, and Natsu typically beats the final bad guy, but even then it's a huge stretch of the imagination. Only thought is that he somehow gets tag-teamed. And I do think Fairy Glitter will have some affect on defeating Hades. Too big a magic to introduce and not use on something.

Of course, there's also the Zeref factor. When we were so sure GH would escape, Zeref was a "Oh yeah, he'll come into play much later", but what might happen if FT triumph?

Next chapter should be an obvious punch up, probably closely followed by RustyRose or Bluenote coping an ass-whooping. But beyond that, a bit hard to imagine...

swordsaintscoot
May 23, 2011, 03:59 AM
I won't compain if Hades get's defeated...if there's a good enough reason. I will not accept a win in a straight fight unless Natsu goes absolutely berserk and uses full power dragon force with zero control.

LoS
May 23, 2011, 04:44 AM
I won't compain if Hades get's defeated...if there's a good enough reason. I will not accept a win in a straight fight unless Natsu goes absolutely berserk and uses full power dragon force with zero control.

Sad thing is, Mashima very well could do this. And by saying this is Natsu's true potential.... yada yada yada. Sort of like in Bleach where Ichigo went uber hollow on Ulquiora but blacked out and had no recollection. Either way, both ideas are complete and utter shit, it is a cop out to go down this road.

But it pains me to think that it will happen. (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/218/19) I will be pissed, an no amount of Natsu defeating evil bosses in the past, or getting nakama powerups will prepare me for him clashing with Hades. It is all just complete shit. The only manga's I've read where a character had a powerup which brought out some of their latent potential which was locked away inside and the battle and story didn't suffer from the power up were mangas written by the same mangaka, go figure right. Yu Yu Hakusho, and Hunter X Hunter. Both had the main characters get a power up and they were completely acceptable.

Bleach and the above scenario for Natsu just sound so freaking dumb.

Ifrit
May 23, 2011, 04:55 AM
Sad thing is, Mashima very well could do this. And by saying this is Natsu's true potential.... yada yada yada. Sort of like in Bleach where Ichigo went uber hollow on Ulquiora but blacked out and had no recollection. Either way, both ideas are complete and utter shit, it is a cop out to go down this road.

But it pains me to think that it will happen. (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/218/19) I will be pissed, an no amount of Natsu defeating evil bosses in the past, or getting nakama powerups will prepare me for him clashing with Hades. It is all just complete shit. The only manga's I've read where a character had a powerup which brought out some of their latent potential which was locked away inside and the battle and story didn't suffer from the power up were mangas written by the same mangaka, go figure right. Yu Yu Hakusho, and Hunter X Hunter. Both had the main characters get a power up and they were completely acceptable.

According to how things are going now. I don't see any of Fairy Tail members beating HADES unless it was like a join force..with all KO hits yet they still might lose. Who knows do HADES actually think he can control Zeref . He will awake Zeref n Zeref will kill HADES then ZEREF head to head with Natsu .

LoS
May 23, 2011, 05:09 AM
Hades is no fool. He has been alive for donkey's years, has found out the answer to tons of mysteries and secrets of magic, and Urtear did tell Zeref that Hades has the key to wake him up. Like I said earlier and long ago, Hades would certainly have some fail safe in order to protect himself and control Zeref, so as to not get destroyed.

Ifrit
May 23, 2011, 05:24 AM
The worst possible conclusion is simple, Makarov uses FL, wipes out all of Grimmoire Heart except Hades, Hades uses Grimmoire Law in retaliation, wipes out all of Fairy Tail with the possible exception of Hades, and now both sides with the exception of the guild masters are death or comatose for months. No clashing of spells takes place as Hades, and by extension the magics he is working are immune to Fairy Law from Makarov. Makarov still identifies Purehito as an ally in his heart, and as such, just like Fairy Law didn't interfere with Happy's flight magic, Fairy Law would not interfere with Grimmoire Law because it was being done by an "ally".

Replace Makarov with Luxus, and Hades never gets the chance to use Grimmoire Law in retaliation because he's too blasted by Fairy Law to do anything. The unactivated Grimmoire Law gets wiped away by Fairy Law like Jose's shades were.

I think ur theory could work...but in this way ....

Ultear rebuild the tree now if Makarov or LAxus can do a Fairy Law it doesn't matter if HADES do Grimmoir heart or not bec the tree should protect fairy tail members from HADES spell

Bartserk
May 23, 2011, 09:08 AM
I'm still looking forward for Luxus' arrival! In the best case scenario, Makarov dies tearfully and a much more caring Luxus takes his place as the fourth Fairy Tail Master.

Don't forget we saw a flashforward vision of Charle implying there will be a corpse and lots of tears... Makarov is an awesome character but he's too old, has a weak health already and it's just a matter of time that he gets replaced. Luxus will come to battle no matter what, there's no way it doesn't happen after that "inherit my will" drama thing. So what could be better? Luxus is strong and charismatic, would be a nice leader now that he's for sure not as hotheaded as before.

About the Urtear thing... I really don't think she can end up joining Fairy Tail like that. She's an evil character who excels at influencing people to do horrible things, after all. Gray's probably the next in line to get manipulated by her. What's sure is that we're getting more Ur flashbacks in this arc ;)

ca12nag3
May 23, 2011, 09:21 AM
I dunno what to think of all the theories lol. Some of m are just to much out of nowhere. Specialy if you dont include all the facts given in the arc already.

To make a theory on whats to come even remotely possible you need to include every factor. Like Gildarts,Cana,Lucy,the boy,Natsu and Zeref,Ultear,Hades. If you even leave 1 of these out youll never be close to the truth.

I for 1 dont see Laxus show up any time soon, or if i be more specific this arc. Laxus is not tied in with the boy nor with the Cana story. All he is tied in with is Makarov. So at best if Makarov dies well see him next arc. Thats that.
[hr]

I'm still looking forward for Luxus' arrival! In the best case scenario, Makarov dies tearfully and a much more caring Luxus takes his place as the fourth Fairy Tail Master.

Fairy Tail mastership is not a Hereditary system.

-Mavis,Purhito and Makarov seem not related to eachother by blood
-Makarov talked about the S-Class mages capable but not ready to succeed him. He did not focus on Laxus alone. (And even sugesting that its because he didnt deem his grandson fit is just ones own interpetation cause nothing of the sort is said.)
-Laxus has been excomunicated. In wich case i deem it highly unlikely for him to ever be the next master.
-He hurt the guild and therefore is unfit to lead it even if he returns.
-If Laxus were to succeed the guild leadership Makarov would have shown a great deal of concern for the future of the guild regarding Laxus leaving since he feels like stepping down. Yet nothing of that was shown at all.

Only Mira said once that Laxus is Makarovs heir due to him being his grandson. Lucy was surprised. But just because Mira said that doesnt make Laxus the next master.

Ninja_Pirate
May 23, 2011, 10:02 AM
A nice chapter and truly a build up for Erza.... and it has been said that Azuma is sucking the magic out of the land as well as from the Fairy tail members through the land, however if someone is in air and not in touch with land will it still work?? Also he is not taking the magic out of Erza because he wants to fight her and he just love to bring out the maximum potential of his opponent like he did in mira case.. and i guess thats what blue note meant by his stupid orders ..

For the question of Grey leaving FT... right now its not the case since he is also feeling his magical powers draining...

For ultear restoring the time to put the tree back,.. i think she mentioned she cant restore the magical power of anything living.. tree is living thing

what i am wondering is , even if Azuma will be defeated will the island power be restored seeing the tree is gone ???

and for hades.. ofcoz no one in FT can beat him at this point of time.. and i liked the way he praised gildartz... but if this arc to end in good note i think he will get beaten.. it cud be natsu.. with the help of mavis magic.. eat it and roar.. :) :tem

Ero-Sanji
May 23, 2011, 10:10 AM
Fairy Tail mastership is not a Hereditary system.

-Mavis,Purhito and Makarov seem not related to eachother by blood
-Makarov talked about the S-Class mages capable but not ready to succeed him. He did not focus on Laxus alone. (And even sugesting that its because he didnt deem his grandson fit is just ones own interpetation cause nothing of the sort is said.)
-Laxus has been excomunicated. In wich case i deem it highly unlikely for him to ever be the next master.
-He hurt the guild and therefore is unfit to lead it even if he returns.
-If Laxus were to succeed the guild leadership Makarov would have shown a great deal of concern for the future of the guild regarding Laxus leaving since he feels like stepping down. Yet nothing of that was shown at all.

Only Mira said once that Laxus is Makarovs heir due to him being his grandson. Lucy was surprised. But just because Mira said that doesnt make Laxus the next master.

I think we're all aware of the fact that the mastership isn't hereditary but you can't deny all the hints that are in favor of Laxus when it comes to the next guild master.

Makarov failed his son and wouldn't fail let his grandson follow the same path as well. That's why he's keeping an eye on him so that when he's ready and mature enough to return he will let him. Yeah, he hurt the guild and it's members but so did Fried, Bixlow, Evergreen and Cana, there's always room for improvement and that's Makarov's plan.

I don't know if you missed the part were Makarov in his final breath informally made Laxus his heir, it happened in this arc.

Anyway, this is totally inappropriate for the topic, instead I sincerely hope that Hades also doesn't get weakened by this since he's a Fairy tail member.

Krono
May 23, 2011, 10:19 AM
I think ur theory could work...but in this way ....

Ultear rebuild the tree now if Makarov or LAxus can do a Fairy Law it doesn't matter if HADES do Grimmoir heart or not bec the tree should protect fairy tail members from HADES spell

It's not a theory, in that I don't expect Luxus to show up specifically for this reason. The end of chapter narration last chapter indicates that Fairy Tail will be defeated (e.g. Hades and Ultear escape with Zeref) or their victory will be a hollow or pyrrhic one (e.g. Makarov dies). Luxus showing up would negate most of the possibilities.

Don't forget we saw a flashforward vision of Charle implying there will be a corpse and lots of tears... Makarov is an awesome character but he's too old, has a weak health already and it's just a matter of time that he gets replaced. Luxus will come to battle no matter what, there's no way it doesn't happen after that "inherit my will" drama thing. So what could be better? Luxus is strong and charismatic, would be a nice leader now that he's for sure not as hotheaded as before.

Luxus was humbled by his defeat, but he's done nothing to atone for attacking his own guild. Him simply being exiled does not mean people have forgiven him, at least not to the point that they'll gladly take him as their new guildmaster after just a few months of him wandering around aimlessly, especially when there are much better alternatives like Gildartz around. Just helping the guild in this battle wouldn't be enough either. Gajeel was fairly critical to saving the entire guild and town during the Edoras arc, but it was still too soon after his attacks on the guild for him to get a chance at being S-class himself.

Charle's vision was misleading, we've already seen the hand on the ground (Lucy knocked out by Cana), and Cana crying (Cana crying upon realizing how badly she'd screwed up). We've possibly already seen Natsu crying as well. So we cannot say that someone will die based upon the vision. The only thing the vision foreshadows for certain was that something more serious than an exam would occur.

About the Urtear thing... I really don't think she can end up joining Fairy Tail like that. She's an evil character who excels at influencing people to do horrible things, after all. Gray's probably the next in line to get manipulated by her. What's sure is that we're getting more Ur flashbacks in this arc ;)

Urtear can't join Fairy Tail, she's wanted by the council for her complicity regarding Gerard. Any members of Grimmoire Heart run into the same issues that Hoteye would, only to a greater extent.

Ninja_Pirate
May 23, 2011, 10:36 AM

Seeing the link, yes it is very much possible that natsu will pull it somehow.. may b by eating mevis magic running into the island (assuming it is mevis magic protecting everyone since he was the founder) and getting a temporory power up..

However natsu is one character Mashima has made to save the day anytime by designing him to have temporary power ups by eating here and there :p and thats where it is different from bleach... Natsu is a dragon slayer.. even hades may have seen all kind of magic and has gone through all but one thing which remains a mystery to everyone are dragon slayers.. and seeing one or two panel s of Igneel previously.. he does give me a bossy kindda feel..

So rather than being dumb.. Mashima has played his cards intelligently while creating such character :p

RaveDragon
May 23, 2011, 11:59 AM
I dont know if Ft joined up and fought hades together i wouldnt mind a very pained win, but right now they cant win, and Natsu cant win alone either so i am thinking Haeds will probably gather his lats remaining forces meaning Ultear (gray might go as a spy) and zeref and go do his actual plans leaving a fully alive/one member down FT which basically lost the fight.

A trained Natsu could then win against Hades, someone pointed it out that since the tree is a living thin Ultear cant restore it and to say the truth her words say she's an ally but maybe she just thinks she ding the right thing but isnt truly. We still cant know for sure. we cant take it for granted the girl is on FT's side just for those words.

Iv voiced my opinion on how Azuma could be beaten ^^

Right now even Erza is a tiny bit tired from the fights with the minions and Meldy somewhat so she needs help.

FT could also push aggressively their magic just enough for Azuma to 'overheat' and lose control then Erza to strike ^^

About Laxus i said i dont know if he will trun up this arc but he will be showing up eventually.

Laxus is an s-class, Gildartz has been called the strongest mage of FT so Laxus is i think below him, BUT Laxus must have been training in his travels so he must be stronger now. However makarov we know is stronger than Laxus for sure then again Laxus has got youth on his side, even so i dont think its enough after all makarov got locked out of the fighting festival and probably laxus wanted that cuz he feared in a way his powers. IMO.

Fary law against Grimoire Law would be suicide, even if laxus knows it we know he wouldnt be willing to sacrifice his old companions and friends. so its out of the equation,

FG on the other hand isnt, Cana may still be able to use it of course focusing more on the main characters in a fight which would be Lucy and Natsu, the brain, the brawn and then Cana as the finish. (Just a thoery guys ^^ no harshness please)

ca12nag3
May 23, 2011, 12:07 PM
Ft is one of the least predictable manga out there due to Mashimas way of writing. He if im correct writes as he goes. So he doesnt plan that far ahead except for his main line.

Where some artists actualy plan the route for every character to the detail in FT its not that way. So things like Ultear suddenly talking to Gray and the boy showing up are those unpredictable things that can drasticaly change the course of a manga.

So who will lay what punch and who will finish of who is already hard to predict:P

Id say atm all of FT is losing (dieing is something else) Well have to wait and see whats up next. Its possible we get to see all of FT lose in the next chapter, prolonging the treefight lol.

Or we get the boy again and find out what his part of the story is.

Atm its just realy to unpredictable.

RaveDragon
May 23, 2011, 12:18 PM
Ft is one of the least predictable manga out there due to Mashimas way of writing. He if im correct writes as he goes. So he doesnt plan that far ahead except for his main line.

Where some artists actualy plan the route for every character to the detail in FT its not that way. So things like Ultear suddenly talking to Gray and the boy showing up are those unpredictable things that can drasticaly change the course of a manga.

So who will lay what punch and who will finish of who is already hard to predict:P

Id say atm all of FT is losing (dieing is something else) Well have to wait and see whats up next. Its possible we get to see all of FT lose in the next chapter, prolonging the treefight lol.

Or we get the boy again and find out what his part of the story is.

Atm its just realy to unpredictable.

yep he writes as he goes but this time he seemed to have planned this arc and changed some things as we seen through Saya's comment before

yep thier losing right now and i have no idea how theyll manage to win, technically they lost since thier iisland is pretty destroyed.

Ay i usually get things right on FT especially and im being ridiculed from my friends now D= lol

Ninja_Pirate
May 23, 2011, 12:30 PM
yep he writes as he goes but this time he seemed to have planned this arc and changed some things as we seen through Saya's comment before

yep thier losing right now and i have no idea how theyll manage to win, technically they lost since thier iisland is pretty destroyed.

Ay i usually get things right on FT especially and im being ridiculed from my friends now D= lol

Yeah... they got their guild destroyed once.. and now the island.. guild could be formed again.. but still we dont know what kindda magic binds the tree to the island .. who knows once the control is lost it will just reform or get on its place again...

RaveDragon
May 23, 2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah... they got their guild destroyed once.. and now the island.. guild could be formed again.. but still we dont know what kindda magic binds the tree to the island .. who knows once the control is lost it will just reform or get on its place again...

Rather than reformed they could use thier magic together to bind it over again or something but it also might be lost forever, the tree took a big hit, but they could always grow a new one ;) a symbol of the new and stronger FT that will come after this battle in which they already lost so muh, i can imagine a tiny little tree sprout as the last page of the arc xD

1337 haxor
May 23, 2011, 01:09 PM
I will play the troll on Azuma here.

Erza will tattoo an FT mark on Azuma Zorro style.

Simple, neat yet humiliating; she brings her enemy down to the lower standards.

Azuma is either forced to cancel the drainage to avoid self-destruction or, if he is too hardcore to back down he might take on Erza in a magic-less brawl.

Winning muscle on muscle would be quite epic to see since both Azuma and Erza seem the type who train their bodies to the max.

Krono
May 23, 2011, 01:17 PM
A trained Natsu could then win against Hades, someone pointed it out that since the tree is a living thin Ultear cant restore it and to say the truth her words say she's an ally but maybe she just thinks she ding the right thing but isnt truly. We still cant know for sure. we cant take it for granted the girl is on FT's side just for those words.

Ultear can restore the tree. Her power doesn't affect living creatures and as we saw at the start of her skirmish with Natsu this arc, trees are not considered creatures by it.

Laxus is an s-class, Gildartz has been called the strongest mage of FT so Laxus is i think below him, BUT Laxus must have been training in his travels so he must be stronger now. However makarov we know is stronger than Laxus for sure then again Laxus has got youth on his side, even so i dont think its enough after all makarov got locked out of the fighting festival and probably laxus wanted that cuz he feared in a way his powers. IMO.

Luxus was roughly the same level as Erza and Mystogan when he left. I highly doubt he's trained enough in the last few months to be able to rival Gildartz.

Fary law against Grimoire Law would be suicide, even if laxus knows it we know he wouldnt be willing to sacrifice his old companions and friends. so its out of the equation,

As I said, all he has to do is activate Fairy Law first, and Grimmoire Law is out of the equation.

His writing is a mix of planning things out, and making it up as he goes. For example, he planned out the Tower arc, but partway through felt sorry for Erza's old friends, and created Trinity Raven so Erza's friends could switch sides and there would still be some enemies to fight. The reason Phantom Lord kidnapped Lucy was also something he came up with after the fact. The entire Festival arc is something he came up with after writing the chapter with the reporter, thinking "Hey wouldn't Luxus be really pissed off if he read that article?" and proceeding to put his existing plans to the side and create that arc instead.

ca12nag3
May 23, 2011, 01:34 PM
His writing is a mix of planning things out, and making it up as he goes. For example, he planned out the Tower arc, but partway through felt sorry for Erza's old friends, and created Trinity Raven so Erza's friends could switch sides and there would still be some enemies to fight. The reason Phantom Lord kidnapped Lucy was also something he came up with after the fact. The entire Festival arc is something he came up with after writing the chapter with the reporter, thinking "Hey wouldn't Luxus be really pissed off if he read that article?" and proceeding to put his existing plans to the side and create that arc instead.

Like i said its unpredictable. If he comes up with something he finds interesting to explore he will go there. So like with this boy he introduced you cant possibly predict much. It could be a flash forward for a new arc or part of this one. But due to the unpredictability inherrit to FT its hard to tell.

RaveDragon
May 23, 2011, 01:45 PM
Ultear can restore the tree. Her power doesn't affect living creatures and as we saw at the start of her skirmish with Natsu this arc, trees are not considered creatures by it.

Luxus was roughly the same level as Erza and Mystogan when he left. I highly doubt he's trained enough in the last few months to be able to rival Gildartz.

As I said, all he has to do is activate Fairy Law first, and Grimmoire Law is out of the equation.

I dnt think there need to activate both at the same time, if hades just does it right after the two magics would still clash and it would still end badly at least to me that reasoning doesnt make sense :/

Ninja_Pirate
May 23, 2011, 01:52 PM

Firstly, luxus was so totally lost in anger and went bersek.. but actually he is stronger than erza .. even all of fairy tail knew that before hand.. mistgun was also having tough time with the guy.. and as gazeel quoted him... he is a beast.. :)

Secondly, We have seen fairy Law working but as hades the master of all magic, we dont even know if Fairy law can actually eradicate him ..

Like i said its unpredictable. If he comes up with something he finds interesting to explore he will go there. So like with this boy he introduced you cant possibly predict much. It could be a flash forward for a new arc or part of this one. But due to the unpredictability inherrit to FT its hard to tell.

You are predicting him to be unpredictable anyways :p :)

Krono
May 23, 2011, 02:24 PM
I dnt think there need to activate both at the same time, if hades just does it right after the two magics would still clash and it would still end badly at least to me that reasoning doesnt make sense :/

The way I see it, once Luxus activated Fairy Law, Hades would be getting blasted by it, and the unactivated Grimmoire Law would be getting blasted as well like Jose's shades were. Thus Hades would be unable to activate it. That's assuming that Hades manages to get into the same sort of standoff with Luxus as he did with Makarov. As opposed to say, Luxus showing up, helping defeat Rusty Rose, getting the situation explained to him, and deciding to Fairy Law the island while Hades is busy wondering what their next move will be.
[hr]

Firstly, luxus was so totally lost in anger and went bersek.. but actually he is stronger than erza .. even all of fairy tail knew that before hand.. mistgun was also having tough time with the guy.. and as gazeel quoted him... he is a beast.. :)

No, all of Fairy Tail did not know Luxus was stronger. Gildartz was unquestioningly the strongest, and after that, it was a matter of debate. The only one who thought Erza was far below Luxus, was Luxus himself.

Ninja_Pirate
May 23, 2011, 02:45 PM
No, all of Fairy Tail did not know Luxus was stronger. Gildartz was unquestioningly the strongest, and after that, it was a matter of debate. The only one who thought Erza was far below Luxus, was Luxus himself.

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7221-7/fairy-tail/chapter-106.html ... happy quoted that luxus is probably the strongest after gildartz.. and thats also before knowing that luxus can use dragon slayer magic and fairy law...

About the chapter i guess one chapter is enough for Erza vs Azuma.. since half of the chapter is already gone for the build up...

Sollum
May 23, 2011, 03:02 PM
In The End it will be Zeref who will stop this fight...

It will be:
a) Stop this, and ill go with you
OR
b) He pulls a Gohan, and kills Hades... afterwards summoning his own Tartarus Guild...

You want a mage go berskerk, don't you?

Krono
May 23, 2011, 03:14 PM
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7221-7/fairy-tail/chapter-106.html ... happy quoted that luxus is probably the strongest after gildartz.. and thats also before knowing that luxus can use dragon slayer magic and fairy law...

Which is his opinion, and not something he's certain is a fact considering he uses the word "probably" and he goes on to say "Ohh... but there's Erza too..." on the next page:

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7221-8/fairy-tail/chapter-106.html

He also lists Mystogan after Erza on his list.

Fairy Law is irrelevant when comparing things for a normal fight as Luxus can't use it against Erza. Nor is knowledge of the spell a mark of overwhelming strength as Cana just demonstrated with Fairy Giltter. The DS magic doesn't sway things much either given he was already using it's power for tanking attacks, and like the rest of his attacks, it's offensive magic is lightening and Erza has the Lightening Emperor armor.

About the chapter i guess one chapter is enough for Erza vs Azuma.. since half of the chapter is already gone for the build up...

One or one and a half would be my guess.

ca12nag3
May 23, 2011, 03:28 PM
Lets all learn Fairy Law and Fairy Law eachother :D seriously i doubt FL will be used in the way it was used in the Phantom arc ever again.

As for what Happy says... he says a lot more nonsense all the time. And i recon at some times 1 of the characters is stronger then the other. But characters grow. Erza does as well as Mira. I wouldnt be to sure as to say that Laxus per definition is stronger now.

White Silver King
May 23, 2011, 08:56 PM
Luxus is younger than hades and perhaps about as strong as gildarts.
No way. Luxus got taken down by Natsu (with some Gajeel in there). Gildarts would humiliate those two by just releasing his aura (and IMO, would do the same to Luxus - if with a little more effort).

swordsaintscoot
May 24, 2011, 02:14 AM
everyone talking about the mystogan and fighting festival....

i must now go rewatch the episode that mystogan enters the fray

fuck that was epic, just the counter ticking over on.

"who's that?"

MYSTOGAN! walking in so epicly.

ghostexiled
May 24, 2011, 02:28 AM
Guys remember to try and stay on track with just talking about what has just occurred to what you think will occur.

Thanks!

RaveDragon
May 24, 2011, 10:34 AM
This chappy on erza and azuma might go on mostly 2 chapters with snippets of hades though or one and so and then we would go with Rustyrose which i doubt will last more than a chapter, i predict fried and bixlow kicking him in a page or so...the dudes ego is seriously bleh, he reminds me of that guy from the music video of the saturdays of the song ego, i wouldnt be surprised if lisanna, levy, mira and everygreen sing that to him xD

And then we get prob Natsu''s group meeting Hades, some unexpected stuff, a cliffhanger, bn and Gils fight and then the conclusion with Ul, Gray and Natsu with Hades. And then we get a zeref arc because no one can beat Hades, as of yet, laxus may be as strong as makarov maybe but Makarov was well annihilated so even if he comes he would lose.

Ninja_Pirate
May 24, 2011, 11:33 AM
One thing is there... apart from natsu none can pull anything and increase his/her power.... he is the one gaining abilities by eating stuff here and there.. though dont know abt other dragon slayers if they also can eat things and sustain other then what they feed on in general... but natsu has been seen eating weired stuff :p .. and also quite getting temporarily power ups ...

One chapter has already been spent on the setup for erza s fight.. i think by the end of other chapter it wud b some more intense desperate situation which Mashima is very fond of i guess ,, he keeps on making it intense to the time when everything is almost ready to crumble and turn to dust and all of a sudden... BOOM... WHOOOOsh... things turns the other way round.. He is the real mage :p

Sollum
May 24, 2011, 12:25 PM
I wonder what Natsu could possibly eat...

Thing that comes to my mind is that he sets Tenrou Tree ablaze and eats its ashes.

Or maybe he bites of a piece of Masters Mavis grave.

Or he eats Hades helmet...

Darjaille
May 24, 2011, 12:33 PM
One thing is there... apart from natsu none can pull anything and increase his/her power.... he is the one gaining abilities by eating stuff here and there.. though dont know abt other dragon slayers if they also can eat things and sustain other then what they feed on in general... but natsu has been seen eating weired stuff :p .. and also quite getting temporarily power ups ...

One chapter has already been spent on the setup for erza s fight.. i think by the end of other chapter it wud b some more intense desperate situation which Mashima is very fond of i guess ,, he keeps on making it intense to the time when everything is almost ready to crumble and turn to dust and all of a sudden... BOOM... WHOOOOsh... things turns the other way round.. He is the real mage :p

I want to see another power up from Lucy, but that's not happening until she gets Fairy Glitter, what is unlikely too. Like when she was out of magical energy but then somehow pulled out Uranometoria that Hibiki transferred to her. Anyway, her role in this arc is probably gonna be different, either Hades recognizes her (Layla), or Zeref recognizes her (Layla) or Lucy's info on source of magic (Layla :toc)

I soo don't want Natsu to save day again, he had his spotlight this arc. Zeref, Zancrow, Ultear and Zeref again, the woodoo one... should be enough :D But after he promised he will kill Hades... I really hope it's not this arc, Natsu is NOT powerful enough, let him eat what he wants.

I wonder what Natsu could possibly eat...

Thing that comes to my mind is that he sets Tenrou Tree ablaze and eats its ashes.

Or maybe he bites of a piece of Masters Mavis grave.

Or he eats Hades helmet...

Fairy Glitter? Or he digs one big hole that reaches magma? X-D Oh no, that's just normal flame :D

RaveDragon
May 24, 2011, 12:53 PM
Lol i agree plus Mashima started the arc by giving us a hint Lucy is going to be up to something, then he reintroduced her mother after all this time we,ve been curious about her death date which i doubt is just a coincidence since Lucy got Capricorn now, plus Zoldeo mentioned he wanted to make her his subordinate because he had a hunch. ether he sensed something strong or special from he or either he already started to recognize her mum and she must have been a very strong mage.I also want to know why her mum asked Capricorn to protect her children if they became mages, maybe they have a special and rare kind of magic they can do a branch of lost celestail spell? =3

Layla is in the equation somewhere i wouldnt be surprised if she was on par with Zoldeo lived with him as friends and clashed or something. It would be awesome if Zoldeo goes death wave and Lucy's magic unknowingly protects them cuz its the exact opposite xD Im with darjaille

best scenario would be Zeref knew Layla rather than mavis but i guess only capricorn can tell us now =]

Ninja_Pirate
May 24, 2011, 12:58 PM
I want to see another power up from Lucy, but that's not happening until she gets Fairy Glitter, what is unlikely too. Like when she was out of magical energy but then somehow pulled out Uranometoria that Hibiki transferred to her. Anyway, her role in this arc is probably gonna be different, either Hades recognizes her (Layla), or Zeref recognizes her (Layla) or Lucy's info on source of magic (Layla :toc)

Ur somehow trying to take away lucy s identity al in all with ur predictions.. :p

RaveDragon
May 24, 2011, 01:50 PM
Ur somehow trying to take away lucy s identity al in all with ur predictions.. :p

Rather than that i say predictions its what we'de like to see, lucy wants to be stronger plus the reasons i stated in the post (2 up from this) that she's gonna have some spotlight in this arc which me thinks revolves around her mum and Capricorn lol it might end up wit layla being more interesting than her daughter xD me knows not but Mashima has always been fond of Lucy (i think i read it somewhere :/ it looks so too) and maybe she'll pull an ellie, again xD (refer to urano metoria) but i think Lucy is the kind to develop alog the way a few more years and shell be s-class =] (consider that in jut 6 months how stronger she has gotten).

Or she'll pull a damsel in distress and gets kidnapped/targeted due to her relation to her mum who might be connected to Zeref, maybe Hades (i doubt hades though) and such. and the info she holds her mum might have told her the tory, from the long ago she stated so might be used. anywho the girl is a main she needs more spotlight in this arc, Natsu can help her too though, after all they still formed a team.

But that is probably not coming till the very end, now the focus is Erza who after defeated Azuma will be probably KO. hades will probably step in in next weeks chap like a bad cliffhanger, he'll probably find team natsu and they'll shiver and growl on the floor while he goes "Little faires time to sna your wings blabla" and then we get close to the conclusion but not before RR is taken down and some mysterious boy explanations.

Darjaille
May 24, 2011, 02:06 PM
Lol I'm not doubting her unique persona X-D It's just she's special through her mom and not just ordinary girl narrating the story. I don't know if somebody doubts Layla's and Lucy's importance, but this is manga and things like 'coincidence' (reffering to year of Layla's death(or not death)) don't happen :D I'm just saying that she's gonna be important :D

ca12nag3
May 24, 2011, 06:45 PM
Lol I'm not doubting her unique persona X-D It's just she's special through her mom and not just ordinary girl narrating the story. I don't know if somebody doubts Layla's and Lucy's importance, but this is manga and things like 'coincidence' (reffering to year of Layla's death(or not death)) don't happen :D I'm just saying that she's gonna be important :D

Laylas importance might be great however she most likely will never have a active part. All of it will most likely remain flashbacks. Zeref remembering Layla is a link i do not see. The date of the dragons disapearing and Laylas death are linked. Remember that the dragons and Layla are linked due to this yeardate and not the dragonslayers.

How much we might speculate on the dragonslayers and their origin this has little to nothing (yet) to do with Layla.

Its possible that Layla is linked to the disapearance of the Dragons but that this in itself is seperate from Zeref and the slayers. In this way Lucy has a link to the dragons due to her mother but not to Zeref since Zeref might be linked to the dragons (if hes a slayer too wich looks likely).

Ifrit
May 25, 2011, 12:32 AM
I doubt there will be any explanations in the next chapter about the boy or Lucy mother...it's obvious Azuma Vs Erza

I don't think Erza will win by her self....there is some1 on the Island who is not a fairy tail member "Mest" or whatever his real name is I forgot when AZuma start draining FT magical power he appeared he might do something since Azuma can't drain his power.

Ninja_Pirate
May 25, 2011, 01:08 AM
I doubt there will be any explanations in the next chapter about the boy or Lucy mother...it's obvious Azuma Vs Erza

I don't think Erza will win by her self....there is some1 on the Island who is not a fairy tail member "Mest" or whatever his real name is I forgot when AZuma start draining FT magical power he appeared he might do something since Azuma can't drain his power.

Why she need help with that.. Azuma has purposely not taken her powers because he wants to create a situation for her to go all out on him,, and now is the desperate situation.. and that guy u r talking abt is anyways an idiot,, we have seen him being scared and all... it erza vs azuma where erza has to win.. however may not in the next chapter but the chapter followed by that will show some final move with which Azuma shall be taken down...

Erza is not only about strength .. she has brains for the fight and determination.. she will find a tactical way to deal with him.. she is definitely shown as a good analyzer

Ifrit
May 25, 2011, 01:54 AM
Why she need help with that.. Azuma has purposely not taken her powers because he wants to create a situation for her to go all out on him,, and now is the desperate situation.. and that guy u r talking abt is anyways an idiot,, we have seen him being scared and all... it erza vs azuma where erza has to win.. however may not in the next chapter but the chapter followed by that will show some final move with which Azuma shall be taken down...

Erza is not only about strength .. she has brains for the fight and determination.. she will find a tactical way to deal with him.. she is definitely shown as a good analyzer

True ...only if Azuma play by the rules ...what if she did overpower him like you say ..and for Azuma not to be defeated he decide to take her power as well. Anyway it doesn't matter to me really all I wanted is to see Fried n Bixlow Vs Rusty n for sure Gildartz Vs Bluenote but that got ruined I hope this Erza vs Azuma thing won't take long 1 chapter or even half I hope

Jorge D. Dragon
May 25, 2011, 12:41 PM
I actually believe Azuma will take Elza down, cause if Elza wins it would be pretty ilogical. Now Azuma is sucking power not only from all the mages on the Island but also from the sacred tree that protected FT mages, so he is too overpowered and even if he isn't sucking power from Elza she is still tired from her previous fights.

MyuuMyuu
May 25, 2011, 12:54 PM
I actually believe Azuma will take Elza down, cause if Elza wins it would be pretty ilogical. Now Azuma is sucking power not only from all the mages on the Island but also from the sacred tree that protected FT mages, so he is too overpowered and even if he isn't sucking power from Elza she is still tired from her previous fights.

thats sound very realistic - and in that case, very NOT fairy tail like .. the main characters always gets some crazy power up.. i dont think erza will lose.. she will gain strenght from her heart that deeply wants to protect what it loves - her friends!

what im curious about is whats up with Gray and Ultear :blink

Ninja_Pirate
May 25, 2011, 01:00 PM

I dont think erza will lose.. erza losing means.. gildartz is dead.. i dont see manga going that way.. but yeah... thats a question what kindda freaking ass pull will be shown for her to win.. how creative can mashima be :)

RaveDragon
May 25, 2011, 01:26 PM
thats sound very realistic - and in that case, very NOT fairy tail like .. the main characters always gets some crazy power up.. i dont think erza will lose.. she will gain strenght from her heart that deeply wants to protect what it loves - her friends!

what im curious about is whats up with Gray and Ultear :blink

From her heart well yes but i bet she'll have some dangerous armor she is scared to use cuz its crazy powerful or really affactive and leaves her badly injured or something. I mean her armors powers have consequences and some might be harsher than others, this might be the time to use it

Ninja_Pirate
May 25, 2011, 01:38 PM
From her heart well yes but i bet she'll have some dangerous armor she is scared to use cuz its crazy powerful or really affactive and leaves her badly injured or something. I mean her armors powers have consequences and some might be harsher than others, this might be the time to use it

I would love to see some strategic fight from erza rather than brutal strength of her armors.. and i think mashima will give us that :) .. there was a time when she so much believed on her armors only but after Jellal s arc i think she is over it and will not depend on specially armors in the desperate situation ... mashima will not force her to walk on the same road again..

RaveDragon
May 25, 2011, 01:50 PM
I would love to see some strategic fight from erza rather than brutal strength of her armors.. and i think mashima will give us that :) .. there was a time when she so much believed on her armors only but after Jellal s arc i think she is over it and will not depend on specially armors in the desperate situation ... mashima will not force her to walk on the same road again..

Yep its one of my thoeries that i devised xD see the below, i think it can be used, then she could as well use a new armor no?

Azuma's power rather than being parasitic like a mistletoe is jut like a tree who uses its root to obtain what it needs from the soil, so right now the island is acting like his roots. But if a plant which is not accustomed to lets say salinity and ends up in an environment filled with it can die due to dehydration, im not gonna get in the biological how but this could be a way to defeat Azuma using brains they can get him into a 'saline' environment and use his own power against him ^^

I also mentioned somewhere how they could use this power against him and throw loads of magical power at azuma were he cant control it and erza can get a good kick ^^

swordsaintscoot
May 25, 2011, 08:02 PM
probably make natsu beat azuma

something dumb like

"omg i can't handle the magic im absorbing from natsu, his dragon slayer magic is too powerful =O" so natsu has another win to his name + erza this time lol.

Ninja_Pirate
May 25, 2011, 11:24 PM

something dumb like

"omg i can't handle the magic im absorbing from natsu, his dragon slayer magic is too powerful =O" so natsu has another win to his name + erza this time lol.

For that, first natsu need to realise whats happening... and he should have a motivation for his anger to grow such level .. and moreover such incidents and build up has always been made up for erza ... so no way natsu is gonna come in this battle.. that would be too lame..

Ifrit
May 25, 2011, 11:49 PM

something dumb like

Not sure ...I think it's gonna be Head to Head Erza Vs Azuma if some1 going to interfere or have anything to do with helping Erza win the fight I vote for "Mest " he's not a member of Fairy Tail" his power should be fine. But again I think it's gonna be only Erza Vs Azuma.

AND SHE WILL BE VICTORIOUS.

swordsaintscoot
May 26, 2011, 12:17 AM
i think you guys misunderstand.

azuma is sucking the magic out of the fairies on the island, which means he's absorbing dragon slayer magic, can he truly handle it?

LoS
May 26, 2011, 12:42 AM
I don't think he per-se is sucking it out, but rather he is making the earth sap away their strength. He has reversed the island's protective ability so they are now hindered by being on land. I don't really believe Azuma is receiving that wealth of strength/energy.

-Ken-
May 26, 2011, 01:39 AM
Regardless of what happened, I wanted to see the Fairy Armor one more time. I feel that she only used it very briefly and I want to see more from it.

kkck
May 26, 2011, 01:39 AM
Natsu is currently weakened from his fights. I don't think absorbing DS magic will have the slightest effects. Besides, azuma isn't absorbing that magic into his body, he is merely controlling it. Erza is going to beat azuma fair and square otherwise FT is inevitably defeated.

swordsaintscoot
May 26, 2011, 02:04 AM
I don't think he per-se is sucking it out, but rather he is making the earth sap away their strength. He has reversed the island's protective ability so they are now hindered by being on land. I don't really believe Azuma is receiving that wealth of strength/energy.

That's what I initially thought, and still believe, I said it a while ago, but you can't rule out anything lol.

RaveDragon
May 26, 2011, 11:52 AM
Well when i put that theory i believed it would be all the FT wizards contibutting to the azuma not handling it not just Natsu and for that theres Gajeel too whom is currently KO but still the KO ppl are in trouble cuz theyre magic too is going to Azuma so technically i was hoping for a whole guild teamwork victory + Erza which isnt a lame Natsu wins agains with erza plus Natsu already helped Lucy out, doubt mashima will use him as hero again

NAM61
May 26, 2011, 06:41 PM
i think natsu will end up taking the guy that beat lisanna sister. and he will find out about himself in this arc. we dont know where he came from before he met igneel and the zerf seems to know him. i am interested to see what he knows.

coolerthanzerok
May 26, 2011, 11:43 PM
I believe Erza's going to win this because Azuma has already KO'd like 6 opponents to demonstrate that he's dangerous. I think having him beat Erza TOO would just over-hype him. I don't think Natsu could conceivably take Azuma. I think a healthy Mirajane MIGHT'VE been able to win. But Erza couldn't face the guild if she lost this fight. She can't fail her friends in a situation like this one.

Ninja_Pirate
May 27, 2011, 12:00 AM
I believe Erza's going to win this because Azuma has already KO'd like 6 opponents to demonstrate that he's dangerous. I think having him beat Erza TOO would just over-hype him. I don't think Natsu could conceivably take Azuma. I think a healthy Mirajane MIGHT'VE been able to win. But Erza couldn't face the guild if she lost this fight. She can't fail her friends in a situation like this one.

Yes... its like Midnight from Oracion Sies.. when she beat the whole crap out of everyone erza was the one to deal with her and she didnt fail for sure.. though the fight with Azuma will not be that one sided for sure but erza did have trouble to deal with Midnight as well until she didnt figure out the weakness of her magic...and i am expecting something same here as well.. however i know its boring that every arc being pulled the same way.. but i guess that should be it

Ero-Sanji
May 27, 2011, 12:32 AM
@Ninja Pirate

Though it is hard to believe, Midnight was a man:D

I still agree on the theory that Erza might win this fight against Azuma. I mean Erza has an amazing ability of finding weaknesses and planning out different strategies, however, I wish her way of achieving victory doesn't have to do with her eye again.

There's also a possibility of her finally reaching the better opponent, I mean Bluenote seemed to tremble at the might of Azuma and referring him to old man could also be a sign of respect. But his opponent is the mighty Titania it could go both ways.

Ninja_Pirate
May 27, 2011, 12:38 AM
@Ninja Pirate

I still agree on the theory that Erza might win this fight against Azuma. I mean Erza has an amazing ability of finding weaknesses and planning out different strategies, however, I wish her way of achieving victory doesn't have to do with her eye again.

There's also a possibility of her finally reaching the better opponent, I mean Bluenote seemed to tremble at the might of Azuma and referring him to old man could also be a sign of respect. But his opponent is the mighty Titania it could go both ways.

Lol yeah... its hard to believe :p

I guess blue note just gave a notion that.. azuma is not letting him fight properly ... its like how sanji does for zoro.. and old guy must be just for his age ,,, although he does not look that old.. he might use to taunt him with that :p

swordsaintscoot
May 27, 2011, 12:42 AM
@Ninja Pirate

I mentioned this earlier, but I'm fairly confident the old bastard crack was referring to hades and not Azuma. The way he said "...and his weird orders" means Hades has a reference in the sentence. It's hard to tell, but because Hades told Azuma to do it, Bluenote Stinger could be calling Hades the bastard because of what he told Azuma to do. What Stinger says also makes it feel like he didn't exactly know what the plan was...but he probably did.

To be more precise btw, Midnight was a Kei. ;P

LoS
May 27, 2011, 02:15 AM
It is, a bunch of people have been getting it wrong. The old bastard is referring to Hades. Consider that Urtear herself said she is the oldest of the 7 kin as well....

swordsaintscoot
May 27, 2011, 02:25 AM
It is, a bunch of people have been getting it wrong. The old bastard is referring to Hades. Consider that Urtear herself said she is the oldest of the 7 kin as well....

Lol. I thought so, even the Fairy Tail wikia has it wrong then. (though that's not surprise ;))

basically 98% of people seem wrong then :(

Ero-Sanji
May 27, 2011, 12:03 PM

I get that but on the Urtear part it's not clear yet. Oldest member doesn't necessarily refer to age as some have been saying.

LoS
May 27, 2011, 03:55 PM
I know, it could very well be longest tenured. But still, the old bastard line shouldn't be confused. It to me at least is readily apparent Bluenote is referring to Hades.

Finale
May 27, 2011, 04:47 PM
I wish Mistgun was still around. I would have liked to see a fight between his illusions and Rustyrose's Arc of embodiment. Really I just wanted to see him in an actual complete fight.

sarutobi_sensei
May 27, 2011, 04:53 PM
Her being the oldest of the 7 kin could basically mean that she's been there for more time than the rest.
[hr]
It would indeed be very good to see Mistgun vs Rustyrose. But right now I think Mistgun would be defeated. Not even the combined effort of Bixlow and Freed seems to be doing much to Rustyrose.

Lord.Strife
May 27, 2011, 05:34 PM
LOL i have been hoping for the entire arc for natsu to finally transform into a dragon. But the downside is going beserk on everything.

Uriel
May 27, 2011, 08:05 PM
I get that but on the Urtear part it's not clear yet. Oldest member doesn't necessarily refer to age as some have been saying.
I actually read that part as the oldest member, meaning She was Hades first apprentice in Grimoire Heart.

Ifrit
May 27, 2011, 11:36 PM
I wish Mistgun was still around. I would have liked to see a fight between his illusions and Rustyrose's Arc of embodiment. Really I just wanted to see him in an actual complete fight.

True...form the short fights Mistgun or Mystogan appear in it was a kick ass ...too bad he ain't there anymore :(