PDA

View Full Version : Discussion The Devil Fruits

chrizzl
May 20, 2011, 07:17 AM
I was wondering how do the devil fruits work in the sense that could you pat ace on the back without the use of haki or would you burn your hand so does he (including all logias) have to turn ''on '' his power. this is like kizaru when he got shot on sa did he have his devil fruit turned on because he was heading towards a fight or its just what happens anyway, because to be a good fighter i think the idea is to always be ready in this manga if this means to turn on their devil fruit power.
unlike luffy who is contiously rubber and cant really turn it off also why is chopper always in a human form when people like lucci didnt always have leopard spots or tail out contiously. i know this is very random and it all is create by oda vast imagiative mind but surely there must be some simlarities between the classes of the devil fruit.
maybe im just looking to deeply but what do you guys/girls think?

sh4dx
May 20, 2011, 09:01 AM
the way i see it is that they are always intangible(sp?) and when they want they let their real body to be hit,like caribou who let sanji hit him.Also the FB that ace burned Oars hat many times proves it i think.
I dont see Oda coming with "instert a logia user, Oh i will sit in the chair i turn off my power,oh now i will fight power on"
you get the point

undertoe
May 20, 2011, 02:27 PM
There's no way to "see" it. Logia users are usually tangible, regular humans. Flesh and bone. They have to consciously change parts of their body or their whole body to what their fruit allows, in the same way that one would consciously tense a muscle or punch someone.

Some users, like Crocodile, have trained themselves to respond to any impact by turning the impacted area of their body to something more intangible as a reflex. This is similar to how many martial artists will instinctively strike a threat without any need for thought. If you look in the Alabasta arc, you can see both Smoker and Ace being struck through a series of walls by a surprise impact (I think it was Luffy).

sh4dx
May 21, 2011, 10:58 AM
that was just a gag..

Uriel
May 22, 2011, 07:43 PM
Because depends on the type of the Devil's Fruit in how it would affect it. Paramecia are changes to the body, Logias are changes OF the body and Zoan is a mutation of the body. Words are picked poorly, so if you have a better phrasing please be my guest.

All the effects are different, but that is the basic thing between the types. Because Logias are changes OF the body to an "elemental" substance, I suppose it's needed to be activated by the conscious mind to re-organize the body constantly without losing any of the two forms. Crocodile trained himself to be a reflex instinct as I'm sure admirals did.
Paramecias being changes in the body means that the body doesn't change, but their properties that are not controlled by the conscious, but is a property of the same body. Even if you train a lot to make you "harder" you body wont be steel.
Zoan are mutations. Once changed, it "stays" in that stage until it's "changed" again, so the conscious only interacts with different bodies but doesn't need to hold them together as Logias.

This explanation is kinda obscure, isn't it? >_>

ErosVp
May 22, 2011, 09:32 PM
Just to add one thing... Some paramecias can't control their change like Luffy, but others can, like Mr 1! To be simple Oda decides that......