PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 236 Discussion

ghostexiled
May 21, 2011, 07:10 AM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70189") and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

shuha27
May 28, 2011, 12:17 AM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/76590773/1
Chapter is out!

Zeltrax
May 28, 2011, 12:35 AM
Two words: Excessive fanservicing.

I know erza is hot and all that, but I can't take this battle seriously if there's so much nudity going on in there, there's something known as too much.

Is it just me or is mashima constantly emphasising that FT is doomed almost every chapter? I've seen the first page of "ft is doomed...again" for a lot of times now.

Okay enough of my complaining. I like this chapter because azuma won and I seriously wasn't expecting that. I thought erza would win.
However, this makes the power balance of the 7 kin really strange.
One moment we have a foe that was so easily defeated, the other we have a godpower kin, and he's not even bluenote.
Granted, azuma was fighting really hard.
I guess there's only one person left to take him out.

And is there an arc that we don't see gerald? :-_-

Ifrit
May 28, 2011, 12:35 AM
I guess I was wrong Erza lost after all....

Jellal ???no way he appear

what to predict : ????????? no1 left LOL

next title :Incredible Guild ...I think every1 from Fairy Tail on the Island gonna stand up and fight Azuma...damn the man is really strong

NEXT CHAPTER : ULTEARS finally shows her good side n restore the tree !!!

Mashiro_Luna
May 28, 2011, 12:41 AM
Wow awesome chapter, I didn't see Ezra actually losing but I guess Azuma did have the power of the whole island. I'm surprised that Jellal actually showed up though I know I shouldn't be, he did have to show up sometime this arc.

1337 haxor
May 28, 2011, 12:46 AM
F*king Azuma is Chuck Norris son!

Does that guy never lose a battle? WTF?!

First Laxus now Jellal, is the whole crew of outcasts going to make an out of nowhere comeback to do something?

Damn it, if Mystogan shows up worrying I'll be mad!

Next chapter something crazy is bound to happen, likely a nakama asspull where everyone uses their bonds to rebuild their magical strenght.

Last but worth mentioning, I told you Meredy would join the good guys, she is now even helping her opponent.

Wait! Oh my!

How could I not see this coming!

Jesus Christ it's so obvious yet so meaningful.

The thing that bounds the nakama to the Tenrou Tree is FTs mark, their proud symbol of justice and friendship.

In order to save yourself you got to break the link, this is what "An Incredible Guild" amounts to.

Everyone remove their FT crests, they manage to turn the tide of battle but the price payed is the end of the guild itself.

Is like burning down the American flag to fend off a communist invasion.

NAM61
May 28, 2011, 12:54 AM
that guy is very strong i think it will be up to natsu to beat him

MonsterEnvy
May 28, 2011, 12:56 AM
hmm I actully did not think it would happen but I predicted it Erza lost :o
[hr]

that guy is very strong i think it will be up to natsu to beat him

I don't think Azuma will fight anymore the man has been in 3 fights more then anyone else and has won them all

Shiro Tsuki
May 28, 2011, 01:03 AM
How do you remove the crest?! :|
Seriously - Plot hole?! - They shower with that crest but it doesn't come out!
Its not like a paint tattoo which would come out just like that!
Maybe magically...blah

But I did not expect the fight to go on like this!
I was secretly hoping for Erza to lose but I never thought she would!
Azuma's powers are just so random - So blasting - It just flashes infront the eyes - I'll need the anime episode to finally get a hold of what he just did!
It was such a serious fight - with Erza going naked and thinking about her seduction armor and lucy! :D

I doubt Ultear's intentions! -_-

1337 haxor
May 28, 2011, 01:11 AM
How do you remove the crest?! :|
Seriously - Plot hole?! - They shower with that crest but it doesn't come out!
Its not like a paint tattoo which would come out just like that!
Maybe magically...blah

But I did not expect the fight to go on like this!
I was secretly hoping for Erza to lose but I never thought she would!
Azuma's powers are just so random - So blasting - It just flashes infront the eyes - I'll need the anime episode to finally get a hold of what he just did!
It was such a serious fight - with Erza going naked and thinking about her seduction armor and lucy! :D
(Mashima should try hentai! - Azuma is half naked - Erza is naked - Lucy goes showing her boobs - Now Jellal goes shirtless :P)

I doubt Ultear's intentions! -_-

There are two possibilities.

Either every member individualy quits the guild or Makarov formally disbands it.

There must be some sort of magical connection which dissapears once the guild member leaves or the guild itself ends.

greenpiece
May 28, 2011, 01:19 AM
I had a feeling Erza'd lose. I couldn't see her winning that one. And I honestly think Gerard won't do anything special in this chapter. I think Mashima just misses drawing him and took this chance to do so. :D

Anyway, do you guys think there a possibility that the next chapter's title is referring to GH and not FT?

I kinda feel that it's going to be the arc ender. The title seems like it. Because the only way I can see FT winning now is if :

1. Mest or someone from the outside interferes.
2. Meredy using her magic on her own teammates. (But that's not very likely.)
3. Azuma reporting to their leader, Ultear, that he has beaten the Titania. Gray hears and does not believe this. Ultear persuades him to leave the guild and in return, GH will spare FT and she'll fix the tree.

ShoobyDooBop
May 28, 2011, 01:26 AM
ROFL at Erza @ page 14. Page 17 was tentacles. I thought this would be a serious fight but it made me laugh coz of page 14. I'm glad Erza didn't win the same way she won against Ikaruga. That would be lame. Azuma is really strong. It seemed like kind of an easy fight for him. I hope it's not an asspull next chapter. But if it's going to be, do it on Azuma, not on Hades. That's going to be the biggest let down I'd ever seen if that happens.

Ero-Sanji
May 28, 2011, 01:30 AM
Wonderful, this will improve her so much!

Azuma was a beast no doubt but it seems he wouldn't have won without the help of the Tenrou magic, which also indicates that he can use the magic he absorbs.

One thing disturbed me, Erza claims that he(Azuma) had destroyed both her purgatory armour(which is a joke since it always break) and the fairy armour, but I never saw her change into them? Perhaps she used it to shield the tower burst.

Another interesting fact is that both Laxus and now Gerard has been seen in this arc and I see it as they are future potential members of the guild.

Also, will we ever see the seduction armour in action?

Ifrit
May 28, 2011, 01:44 AM
I had a feeling Erza'd lose. I couldn't see her winning that one. And I honestly think Gerard won't do anything special in this chapter. I think Mashima just misses drawing him and took this chance to do so. :D

Anyway, do you guys think there a possibility that the next chapter's title is referring to GH and not FT?

I kinda feel that it's going to be the arc ender. The title seems like it. Because the only way I can see FT winning now is if :

1. Mest or someone from the outside interferes.
2. Meredy using her magic on her own teammates. (But that's not very likely.)
3. Azuma reporting to their leader, Ultear, that he has beaten the Titania. Gray hears and does not believe this. Ultear persuades him to leave the guild and in return, GH will spare FT and she'll fix the tree.

With you on #3.....if Fairy Tail gonna lose it's gonna be this way Gray offer to change sides if Ultear fix the tree.

Fairy Tail gonna win :
1- Ultear turned to be good n don't wanna harm FT so she fix the tree.
2-like the word most use "ASSPULL" from all fairy tail members n they beat Azuma " I don't want it to end this way it's stupid.

saya1987
May 28, 2011, 01:48 AM
This chapter is just average. The battle wasn't exciting and I didn't expect Erza to lose. In all her previous battles, Erza either relies on her strength or intelligence or utilises both in battle. However, she relied purely on brute strength against Azuma. She knew that she had very few armours left and that azuma is powerful and yet, she charged straight ahead at him. Since when did titania the great become this hotheaded and stupid?

Secondly, Gerard appeared on the last page. Why is his face being shown in every single arc?! It seems that Hiro likes to put a character that is not on the island on the last page of quite a number of chapters. Laxus, the mystery boy and now gerard. It also seems that Hiro included them only to show that they're linked by their feelings- grandpa with laxus, erza with gerard. There's nothing special to it.

Pretty soon the whole forum would be flooded with "OMG. GERARD IS COMING BACK TO HELP FT", just like what happened when laxus appeared on the last page. Personally, I won't even theorize about any of them (yep, even laxus) appearing until it is really shown that they had put their foot on the island.

-Ken-
May 28, 2011, 01:52 AM
Wow, I totally didn't expect Erza to lose. I'm not sure what happened there, but when Erza say he damage two of her best armor, when does that happen?

Laxus+Gerald appearing at the same time to help Fairy Tail would rock, but... at the same time, I wish that wouldn't happen.

Jorge D. Dragon
May 28, 2011, 02:12 AM
I didn't like the chapter, but I won't bash it. I actually believed that Elza will loose, but still Mashima likes to make asspulls and let his favourite characters win no matter what, but still now we got Elza's defeat and that's clearly logical. Azuma was too powerful himself and now he absorbed the power of the Ternou Island and the power of other FT mages. Elza couldn't have won. It would have been the stupidiest victory of the manga.

Now we are getting the situation, when FT can't win without help from outside (Counsil, Luxus etc). I hope we won't get some asspull like we need to win, so we will win even though we don't have any magical or physical power left.

Actually the fact that Gerard was shown in the chapter is rather good, cause it strengthen the fact of Elza's defeat and her crytical state and also showes to us, where Gerard is being held.:)

MonsterEnvy
May 28, 2011, 02:15 AM
With you on #3.....if Fairy Tail gonna lose it's gonna be this way Gray offer to change sides if Ultear fix the tree.

Fairy Tail gonna win :
1- Ultear turned to be good n don't wanna harm FT so she fix the tree.
2-like the word most use "ASSPULL" from all fairy tail members n they beat Azuma " I don't want it to end this way it's stupid.

but Erza lost and none of them can fight

Ultear is lying

also Jellal is not showing back up that was just a cameo like with Laxus

LoS
May 28, 2011, 02:21 AM
I actually don't have anything to complain about. Well I didn't like seeing Gerard in the chapter.

This makes the plot much more climatic and more dark. Now we are left guessing, instead of the obvious happening. I am looking forward to the next development.

All in all I was pleased with the chapter.

Askia32
May 28, 2011, 02:32 AM
I thought the chapter was boring. I'm a bit disappointed to see Gil's fight interrupted for the sake of Erza's fight. I understand it had to happen for the plot but, once you watch Erza fight a couple times, there is really nothing more to see. Also, after the Nirvana arc, I didn't really want to see Jellal for a long time so I wasn't very thrilled to see him this chapter.

Ero-Sanji
May 28, 2011, 02:36 AM
This chapter is just average. The battle wasn't exciting and I didn't expect Erza to lose. In all her previous battles, Erza either relies on her strength or intelligence or utilises both in battle. However, she relied purely on brute strength against Azuma. She knew that she had very few armours left and that azuma is powerful and yet, she charged straight ahead at him. Since when did titania the great become this hotheaded and stupid?

Desperate not stupid, there's a difference.
Azuma was too strong, had no clear weakness and the obvious has been that they shall know true despair and when Titania falls like this, all hope is more or less gone. Erza has been stupid before, like when she tried to cross the wind barrier and when she charged Cobra without a plan and got poisoned.

Finally this arc is reaching its end but one mystery remains and that is the one between Urtear and Gray. Someone has to force them to leave, however, since I don't think Gildartz is going to die while Bluenote seems to sadistic to leave him alive.

coolerthanzerok
May 28, 2011, 03:04 AM
I'm a little disappointed in Erza's performance, but give major props to Azuma for being a champ. I mean, she lost fair and square, unless you count the fact that the very ground she was fighting on was his weapon, making it MUCH easier for him to trap her. I feel like for Fairy Tail to win a rematch with Grimoire Heart, they'd need to get back Luxus, recruit Gerard, and Gray would need to fight... I'm really disappointed that Azuma's breaking the tree means that Gildartz's fight got interrupted. I was ridiculously excited for that, now it's going to be ages until we see Gildartz get a proper fight. :-(

dirtywork
May 28, 2011, 03:06 AM
Laxus and Gerrard will be beat Azuma or Erza will strint on Azuma kinda rude but Azuma is bit horny when binds Erza up :D

wooticus
May 28, 2011, 03:21 AM
i've seen better chapters. as some of you already said it was a quite straight fight. charging at enemy - doesn't work - changing armor (x5). and at the moment she changed into no-armor mode i knew she would lose - can't see her winning the same style twice.

but well, i don't know what's happening now. first of all it's the whole shonen stuff about villains, azuma stating over and over again that hades wants fairy tail erased... well you can always wonder why he doesn't do it himself because he's by far the strongest around there.

What are the possibilitys now?

well gerard won't do anything - i don't know why he's been shown yet, hiro just wanted to tell he's gonna be important again i guess. and wanted to make erzas loss more dramatic by hinting that her presence is fading away.
laxus coming back? well i don't think that he and erza are fit as opponents, so this is not possible. some people spoke about mystogan - well it would be some erza moment if she opens her eyes near death and sees gerard there, but that mystogan one is off and all in all he would be too weak to defeat azuma.

so imho the most probable one is ultear & gray doing something. i don't think she can revert the whole tree being destroyed, but she can tell gray what's happening and remove his FT emblem... forcing his "betrayal". would be an interesting outcome.

the final way would - of course - be the asspull way.. like the tree giving all the magical power azuma drains (from the FT mages) to erza instead of azuma because of some nakama reasons.

azuma has really been hyped now, he's destroyed one FT member after another, now the whole guild. he even did do more than hades.. i can't see him defeated in this arc he may indeed play a role later. and i honestly can't see where this is going now - which is a fact i totally like, i like surprises :)

Ninja_Pirate
May 28, 2011, 03:36 AM
I started reading with a feel that erza will pawn asuma... and then amoment came when erza thought of using seductive armor... LOL

Then she decided to concetrate all her power thinking he will stand there and let her kill him... what ?? cmon .. illogical .. first you create a a personality.. develops into something who is calm in battle and think before act and suddenly this.. seriously?? may be trying to show how person stops thinking in desperate situations...

it was totally WTF moment .... She lost ... utterly defeated... Erza's presence disappear?????? seriously... its ok for her to lose but to be killed :( :( :crying

RaveDragon
May 28, 2011, 03:42 AM
ROFL at the Natsu type xD Love the cover Natsu really looks intelligent,

Meldy is helping Juvia xD that girl is definetely joining FT if it wasnt for the fact she might be arrested lolz

dayeemmm Erza lost :O i am surprised and actually satisfied, like Zeltrax said though too much fs :-_- and wth was the seduction armor :lmao lol erza being the big sister to lucy is confirmed, shes setting an example xD

Erza is down and Jellal feels it (yay Erzaxjellal moment =D) okay so is even Jellal going to show up now cuz thisis like when Laxus felt his granpa going down. i think not...

Next chappie is an incredible guild, FT is going to use some teamwork and beat azuma? or Erza gets up and asks her friends for power a 'youdontneedtofightalone' moment

ghostexiled
May 28, 2011, 03:53 AM
It may be up to the new and mighty council now to rope this puppy back into shape.

I don't think Gerald will be making it there, he looks drained and not with it at all. If he was going to be showing up at all... he should of been shown lively and upset.

If any more characters show up... it would most likely be Laxus. But IMO, that is even a stretch at this point.

I am in the same boat as LoS... quite agreeable with how things went down this chapter. I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

My wish (that won't happen) is that Makrov comes back and shuts the party down. I am quite tired of him always getting shafted...

LoS
May 28, 2011, 04:10 AM
My wish (that won't happen) is that

Mashima stops forcefully inserting meager attempts of comic relief or fan service when the chapter is meant to be a dark nail biting chapter. The attempts to add comedy and the ever so present fan service only detract horribly from a serious chapter.

I know, I know, the target audience are very young, immature, and not the most developed in sleuthing/plot development, but come on this is just taking away from what would have been a great chapter.

ghostexiled
May 28, 2011, 04:21 AM
^not sure why you quoted a tid bit of my post... but I do agree with your opinion. :)

The most annoying thing about the fan service is not it itself... but the mind numbing and pointless comments made about it from members that viewed it.

I Mod this form and Hitman Reborn... and they are polar opposites as far as the target audience. FT is more male oriented and Reborn is more female.

That said... I have to give props to the ladies, cause they know how to handle their fan service lovin'. Where guys are all about boobs and boobs and how hot it is... where the ladies say the liked it and move on.

Back on topic, I can't really see a nakama power up. That would be soooo ridiculous that even Mashima himself wouldn't go there.... I hope.

I would love to either see Makrov make a grand stand for his guild that Hades is so bent on destroying or the Council make a move that makes them look like they actually have power in a world ruled by guilds and their mages.

Kravmaga
May 28, 2011, 04:22 AM
Mashima stops forcefully inserting meager attempts of comic relief or fan service when the chapter is meant to be a dark nail biting chapter. The attempts to add comedy and the ever so present fan service only detract horribly from a serious chapter.

I know, I know, the target audience are very young, immature, and not the most developed in sleuthing/plot development, but come on this is just taking away from what would have been a great chapter.

I knew you could find something to not like if you tried. =P
This time, I'm with you completely. That bit was inserted into the fight at a pretty odd time and really felt out of place... meh, at least mashima tried to take the story to a different place but if the next chapter's title is any indication, FT will win in three chapters flat now.

Ero-Sanji
May 28, 2011, 04:28 AM

This is common in all battle mangas at certain times there will be comedic situations but this fight wasn't as serious as the one between Makarov and Hades or the one between Natsu and Gerard or Laxus and therefore they lacked the comic relief. It didn't disturb me at all and I actually felt quite pleased with Erza's natural way of thinking.

swordsaintscoot
May 28, 2011, 04:28 AM
erzas attracted to azuma strength and honour in fighting her. She was all like "omg he's so strong" *things about seducing him* that's why jellals feelings are fading, she likes azuma now <3

jokes aside. i didn't expect erza to lose, but its what i wanted as well. As everyones saying, most logical thing to happen and now we can't pick where it's gonna go. ALL OF FT IS DOWN NOW. Not a single one of them is left standing....minus Gray but his powers being drained too anyway.

I like what someone said last page, that they'll disband on the island and remove the mark of Fairy Tail to continue onwards, but i somehow don't think they'd do that. I don't actually see it happening.

in all honesty...the way ultear was looking at the tree and talking to gray about it seemed totally NON-manipulative. but im probably incorrect lol.

Azuma also mentioned he doesn't like that way of doing things...the next gajeel maybe? I've come to this hope that 3 members of Grimoire Heart are just there to double cross Hades in the long run lol. azuma, ultear and meldy. meldy is way too nice to be a real bad guy. you can never tell where ultear stands. and i have no real basis for thinking it about azuma except for the fact he did say he doesn't like doing things that way.

so we'll see. As far as im concerned, azuma hasn't done anything as bad as gajeel did yet. so with any luck. because i freaking loved azuma since the beginning <3

RaveDragon
May 28, 2011, 04:34 AM
erzas attracted to azuma strength and honour in fighting her. She was all like "omg he's so strong" *things about seducing him* that's why jellals feelings are fading, she likes azuma now <3

jokes aside. i didn't expect erza to lose, but its what i wanted as well. As everyones saying, most logical thing to happen and now we can't pick where it's gonna go. ALL OF FT IS DOWN NOW. Not a single one of them is left standing....minus Gray but his powers being drained too anyway.

I like what someone said last page, that they'll disband on the island and remove the mark of Fairy Tail to continue onwards, but i somehow don't think they'd do that. I don't actually see it happening.

in all honesty...the way ultear was looking at the tree and talking to gray about it seemed totally NON-manipulative. but im probably incorrect lol.

Azuma also mentioned he doesn't like that way of doing things...the next gajeel maybe? I've come to this hope that 3 members of Grimoire Heart are just there to double cross Hades in the long run lol. azuma, ultear and meldy. meldy is way too nice to be a real bad guy. you can never tell where ultear stands. and i have no real basis for thinking it about azuma except for the fact he did say he doesn't like doing things that way.

so we'll see. As far as im concerned, azuma hasn't done anything as bad as gajeel did yet. so with any luck. because i freaking loved azuma since the beginning <3

As a villian right now he rocks but he doesnt seem to have any bad feelings or anything just a following orders type of guy :/

FT is down but i mean they will proably stand Natu suely wont stay down, hades might come in and celebrate his victory in front of team Natsu and then stuff happens, we get Natsu crying:
1- Makarov finally dies
2- Lucy gets hurt due to her knowledge? (we get her imp part)

Incredible guild might be a flashback on When hades was master or we finally get the mystery of the mysterious boy revealed.

Another option is FT gets back up which i dont see.

It could also be on GH Rather than FT like its formation or something

PS is natsu wearing Haru's jacket? o.O

swordsaintscoot
May 28, 2011, 04:39 AM
btw, i tihnk if ultear does help gray from the absorption of the tree, she'll remove the tat with her time magic. the tat isn't alive. :O

ca12nag3
May 28, 2011, 05:09 AM
Nice chapter, it shows were near the end of this arc.

As for Jelal i think its just for emotional attachment. Same as with Laxus earlier. The sense to feel your loved one is in trouble.

Seriously Jelal is to far away and in to bad a shape to do anything right now. Unless he could pull a Sieg now but thats hard to imagin.

I think next up is the defeat of FT and then we go to the boy ^^ I wont speculate any further on this right now :D

Skyguardian
May 28, 2011, 05:18 AM
Very good chapter.

I'm really looking forward to the fight in a anime episode because in a manga it's good but not that incredible (background music... more movements... you know^^).

Seduction armor was fun... but I didn't need it either... But Erza's eyes were hilarious.

So Azuma won... Well but even he seems quite exhausted. I guess the next fight will be his doom.

Meredy helping Juvia was not the suprise. I predicted her to become good. ;D

I'll hope for the next chapter to see something about Urtear and Gray.

MyuuMyuu
May 28, 2011, 05:21 AM
Okay, so in this chapter, Jellal was shown at the last page.. two chapters ago it was romeo, some more chapters ago it was laxus.. what are you trying to tell us mashima? That all their friends all over the world will come to help them? Nah.. :notrust
however i'm probably one of the few person who was glad to see jellal :tem
i didnt like the Erza and Azuma fight so much.. Mashima is takeing the ecchi scenes too far... its ruins Erzas character..
i seriously dont get whats going on in Ultear head.. is she evil? is she good? Why does she want Zeref's power? and why does she not kill gray? or will she do that later? Whats shes planning? :blink
i think erza isn't really defeted.. she will probably come with a last surprise attack in the next chapter.. however all this "Fairy tail is doomed" shown in every chapter give me the feeling that the Fairy Tail manga is soon to an end..? That in the last chapter they defeat the ultimative dark guild .. they save fairy tail island.. they win the big war.. end. ?

Skyguardian
May 28, 2011, 05:39 AM
Okay, so in this chapter, Jellal was shown at the last page.. two chapters ago it was romeo, some more chapters ago it was laxus.. what are you trying to tell us mashima? That all their friends all over the world will come to help them? Nah.. :notrust
however i'm probably one of the few person who was glad to see jellal :tem
i didnt like the Erza and Azuma fight so much.. Mashima is takeing the ecchi scenes too far... its ruins Erzas character..
i seriously dont get whats going on in Ultear head.. is she evil? is she good? Why does she want Zeref's power? and why does she not kill gray? or will she do that later? Whats shes planning? :blink
i think erza isn't really defeted.. she will probably come with a last surprise attack in the next chapter.. however all this "Fairy tail is doomed" shown in every chapter give me the feeling that the Fairy Tail manga is soon to an end..? That in the last chapter they defeat the ultimative dark guild .. they save fairy tail island.. they win the big war.. end. ?

I'll doubt it will end. There is so much more to tell. (Raven Tail, Tartarus,...)

And it's not Romeo. :)

MyuuMyuu
May 28, 2011, 05:49 AM
I'll doubt it will end. There is so much more to tell. (Raven Tail, Tartarus,...)

And it's not Romeo. :)

wait, what? its not? It looks like him ? who is it then O_O

Ifrit
May 28, 2011, 05:54 AM

hahhaha...you don't want to go there . lets guess who is that boy stare @ the sea....we had like 150 posts every1 guessing then it's shifted to another story

but lets start the argue again it's fun....I SAY THE BOY is

ZEREF !!!

Ninja_Pirate
May 28, 2011, 06:12 AM

The blow she took... direct hit of the whole magical power of the land.. thw whole magical power that was supporting the guild at that island.. i seriously doubt that erza can get up.. she took the hit without any armor.. :o ...

when it says incredible guild.. hope its not talking about the hades guild :p ....

FT will be getting up.. who will help??? mavis!!! makarov!!! someone is about to get sacrifice.. FT mark has been a curse for the members suddenly and that will definitely gonna hurt the guild master mavis's spirit.. Hades is going down now... and it is just the 235th chapter why people already want FT to fall.. time will come definitely... but this is not the time for sure...:darn

hahhaha...you don't want to go there . lets guess who is that boy stare @ the sea....we had like 150 posts every1 guessing then it's shifted to another story

ZEREF !!!

SERIOUSLY!!!! AGAIN!!!! :s :fail

eefrit
May 28, 2011, 06:22 AM
I like the fact that Erza actually lost even with the motive she had to win. While Erza did tire him out, she barely did any real damage to him. Tsk,tsk,tsk. Oh, Gerard why does your face annoy me so. Aside from his appearance, it was a pretty decent chapter.

wooticus
May 28, 2011, 06:22 AM
i've got to add something to my previous post here.

when mira was defeated by azuma she stated that there is someone on this island who can defeat azuma. and i totally think this prediction will become true - so no interference from outside.

but she didn't say something about it being a FT member. So have you noticed that since Ultear began her little talk with gray zeref hasn't been shown in one frame (maybe that last frame which could also be romeo)? so that would be something.. zeref freaking about azuma destroying the tree... or the tree being the power that hold back zerefs full power somehow.. making him go wild

swordsaintscoot
May 28, 2011, 06:32 AM
It would be interesting to discover that one of the seals mentioned by grimoire heart keeping zeref dormant is infact, the tenrou tree. Though it wouldn't surprise me if each of the lost magics the 7-kin hold were the keys somehow.

MechR
May 28, 2011, 06:44 AM
I'm surprised at this chapter's relative unpopularity here. I thought it was great. Never expected Erza to lose with all the chips down.

RaveDragon
May 28, 2011, 07:05 AM
It would be interesting to discover that one of the seals mentioned by grimoire heart keeping zeref dormant is infact, the tenrou tree. Though it wouldn't surprise me if each of the lost magics the 7-kin hold were the keys somehow.

where and when was that mentioned? i dont remember that :/

Quote: MyuuMyuu View Post

ZEREF !!!

as much as i agree with you lets just say we dont know yet okay xD let Mashima tell us another infinity of who the mysterous boy is are unneeded lol :darn

Makarov helping seems doubtful, it would be cool if there is some space thing that happens and the old FT comes to help them, we would get to see the old generation of FT maybe of Mavis's time beat the baddies out and teaching the new FT to never give up or what not (the boy might be a part of)

Mashima does like to use time/alternate dimension plots

sarutobi_sensei
May 28, 2011, 07:17 AM
It was an OK chapter, not great but not bad either. I just can't understand why Erza actually didn't go with an armor, even though from the last cover page she was going to use this battle attire. I mean, you comment on the guy saying that he has an amazing magical power and then decide to go unprotected? Srsl Erza? You should know better :s

This is the 2nd cameo on this arc, first Laxus and then Gerard. Wonder if he'll burst out from prison to save Erza.

Mira's prediction is still in place. There are still people on the island that can fight, namely Urtear and Meldy. Plus, there's still Mavis and Zeref.

Right now we have Meldy on the good side and Urtear also appears to be on the good side. But she's still fishy.

Zeref could actually be the one to defeat Azuma but I dunno.

The next title seems to be GH commenting on the greatness of FT, even though they are still loosing. And right now, only 3 people and 1 spirit can fight for FT if Laxus and Gerard don't come to help.

That or the cats come to help and take them off the island x)

ca12nag3
May 28, 2011, 07:23 AM
It was an OK chapter, not great but not bad either. I just can't understand why Erza actually didn't go with an armor, even though from the last cover page she was going to use this battle attire. I mean, you comment on the guy saying that he has an amazing magical power and then decide to go unprotected? Srsl Erza? You should know better :s

This is the 2nd cameo on this arc, first Laxus and then Gerard. Wonder if he'll burst out from prison to save Erza.

Mira's prediction is still in place. There are still people on the island that can fight, namely Urtear and Meldy. Plus, there's still Mavis and Zeref.

Right now we have Meldy on the good side and Urtear also appears to be on the good side. But she's still fishy.

Zeref could actually be the one to defeat Azuma but I dunno.

The next title seems to be GH commenting on the greatness of FT, even though they are still loosing. And right now, only 3 people and 1 spirit can fight for FT if Laxus and Gerard don't come to help.

That or the cats come to help and take them off the island x)

Your forgetting that that last armor she used is a 100% offencive one. All the magical power is in the sword and she drops all armor.

Its the oposite of the armor she used vs the jupiter canon that was 100% defence.

Its not that she didnt know what she was doing, its more like *this is all i got* and throw it at the enemy.

Also Jelal will NOT show up, Laxus will NOT show up. The boy on the other hand is shown in a future time so who knows whats going to happen.

With the NOT show up i mean they will not show up in this timeline.

If that boy from the future is for example Romeo he could together with Laxus and Jelal show up but thats just 1 of a milion options.

Personaly i believe the boy is from the future *debate whoever he is all you like but thats just a fact* And he will alter the past. Why i say this? Well why show a angry/pissed off boy overlooking the sea with a newspaper with a future date on it if its only something from the future? If the future is already set and impossible to change it has little to no meaning.

So i believe there will be a timetraveling thing or even thats going to happen.

sarutobi_sensei
May 28, 2011, 07:26 AM
It was not all she got. She's got like 100+ armor. Sure, she said that Purgatory and Armadura Fairy which I didn't see her using against him, were ineffective. She could've used other armors to try and bring down his magical power, but no, she goes Kamikaze and decides to take the guild down with her. I'm not doubting her good intentions and her judgment in thinking that attacking would be the only option, but come on Erza? Where's you battle analysis?

She shoudl've known that the guy would be using the tree branches in order to grab her...

swordsaintscoot
May 28, 2011, 07:30 AM
yep thats right. she threw away defense for maximum offense. She knew drawing on the battle was bad and that his defense and offense were both solid. She knew that without focusing on breaking through his defense should would never land a serious blow. Unfortunately it backfired and she took the full force of Azumas power. he had already damaged her fairy and purgatory armour so quickly as well, and defended against her fairy armours numerous swords with little effort.

A possible scenario would be that in blasting erza away with the fullforce of tenrou, that he's wasted his magical power and doesn't even have enough to keep control of the tree. Who knows? Either way it was good.

ghostexiled
May 28, 2011, 07:37 AM
Just because Erza has been known as the FT member that comes in and saves the day and is the one that 98% of time you can count on to bring back the hurt... she is still a human being.

Sure she has many many armors, but the island is being destroyed and her guild is being sucked dry and she knows that everything is all on her to save the day.

I would argue that she has not been really put into this position in the past. The Jupiter cannon came the closest... but the odds weren't stacked against her like they are now.

All of the guild is down and she is the only one that is not... that is some heaviness to deal with.

So her not spending all day going thru all of her armors when she is on a time limit and her not being able to think rationally about the situation (battle analysis) is justifiable in my eyes. :)

Jorge D. Dragon
May 28, 2011, 07:38 AM
Actually if Elza used other armors it would have weakened her magical power, so she decided to use 100% offensive form to try to take Azuma down.

It was obvious that she couldn't have won in this fight.

I also believe that now it's Zeref's time to show up and kick some asses.:) Actually if Azuma's ass will be kicked then FT can have a chance to win, cause Gildartz can clearly win against Bluenote and combo of Fried and Bixlow can take down Rustyrose.

But anyway it leaves at least Hades and he is too strong.

Freid
May 28, 2011, 07:57 AM
What!? Erza lost? :zomg

I wonder if we'll be seeing such a delightful scene ever again.

Thank you Mashima http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/freid1/Crying_riversthumb.gif

Ifrit
May 28, 2011, 08:06 AM
Just because Erza has been known as the FT member that comes in and saves the day and is the one that 98% of time you can count on to bring back the hurt... she is still a human being.

Sure she has many many armors, but the island is being destroyed and her guild is being sucked dry and she knows that everything is all on her to save the day.

I would argue that she has not been really put into this position in the past. The Jupiter cannon came the closest... but the odds weren't stacked against her like they are now.

All of the guild is down and she is the only one that is not... that is some heaviness to deal with.

So her not spending all day going thru all of her armors when she is on a time limit and her not being able to think rationally about the situation (battle analysis) is justifiable in my eyes. :)

I agree...I also add that: Erza did exactly what Mirajane did !!!! are u guys forgetting that every second count on fairy tail members losing their magical power n eventually lead to death !!! so Erza need to finish the battle as soon as possible .The same way Mira did to save Lisanna !!! getting all strength n magic left in one single powerful attack.

lordoffantasy
May 28, 2011, 08:12 AM
This chapter was awesome, besides what people think. Erza's defeat was unexpected, yet also needed. She wins far too often. However it is unlikely she is dead; she is so bad ass that, unless you poison or chop her up, she doesn't die. She isn't even as hurt as many of the other Fairy Tail mages if you look closely.

This chapter has a purpose; tension. Fairy Tail has been almost completely beaten. The tree has turned on them. We see several character realizing something is amiss. Likely reinforcements will come, but don't quote me. This chapter blends it all together nicely; remember rave master, and how that that brother of Fairy Tail had similar situations? Rhere is also hope; those guys realizing something is amiss, along with the fact gray is alive, and the fact the Fairy Tail members have more heart, and that means spirit, and that turns into magic energy.

The arc has a purpose as well; we are seeing the current pick up. Zeref, who was whispered about and seems to share a destiny with the dragon slayers, may very well come back to his original state. Likely the Fairy Tail guild, for so long of random purpose and character dramas, may find a failure at stopping this monster a personal blow, and seek to stop him.

Now let us look at the three visions that the female cat, her name escapes me at the moment, has had. First was Lucy's limp hand, which turned out to be her just knocked out. Then we have have that girl crying, which was she mourning over her idiocies. But that last, the very last, was a mourning Natsu.........

I am not one to predict, but i think Fairy Tail will lose. not like die, grim end of manga type thing. this is Fairy Tail (imaging self kicking Azuma down a big old pit shouting it). But what if Fairy Tail fails to prevent Zeref resurrecting? They will, most likely, survive this battle, and must rebuild and restore.

The most likely outcome, which may be viewed as a failure, is guild master Makrov's death. His injuries were fatal to begin with, and the tree kept him alive till now. Sensing his children suffering, and likely knowing the power of the tree, or his own, or something, he will likely sacrifice himself. Cue Natsu's sobbing and tears.

Oh, and don't forget that Azuma himself has not taken defeating Erza in stride. He is utterly exhausted. The only member of that dark guild capable of continuing is Bluenote.

To those who think the new title will say a wonderful guild, then remember that there is not much of a guild left of Grimore Heart. most are defeated or dead, five stand, and one of them seems a defector, and the Ultear is up to something. Her stalker like attitude towards Zeref makes me think she will betray the dark guild.

Lots of hope for Fairy Tail, folks, even if some are bitter.

~I broke this up and fixed some misspelled stuff. ~Ghost

swordsaintscoot
May 28, 2011, 08:37 AM
grimoire heart has lots left in them. nobody should be so naive to think we won't see more of them. they've introduced us to 7 lost magics, the most important of which was the God-slayer. Most important in that it's the one that stands out the most. Not because we like it or that it's particualrly impressive. (its just a buffed up natsu magic) but that the fact it even exists, and what it means in comparison to dragon magic is questionable. we'll see them all again.

wooticus
May 28, 2011, 08:43 AM
grimoire heart has lots left in them. nobody should be so naive to think we won't see more of them. they've introduced us to 7 lost magics, the most important of which was the God-slayer. Most important in that it's the one that stands out the most. Not because we like it or that it's particualrly impressive. (its just a buffed up natsu magic) but that the fact it even exists, and what it means in comparison to dragon magic is questionable. we'll see them all again.

well of all those lost magics i've seen yet that so called "god slaying magic" doesn't seem important in any kind to me. that's just been a plot thing to make his magic seem better than natsu.. don't think we'll see any more god slaying magic

Atobe the king
May 28, 2011, 09:41 AM
Now we just need Mistogan back, because you can never have too much Seig Hart.........i mean Jellal :V.

(Lol@Seduction armor...i don't like my manga getting too tense but given the situation that was REAAAAAAAAALLY unnecessary lol)

Okay guys the good guys got their asses handed to them are we happy now?

I never feel articificial losses like these mean anything. It feels less of a matter of fairy tail utterly beaten and more of a case of....GH having an item bag of broken RPG items. It doesn't feel like other manga where they feel outclassed in every way. At first yeah....then the BS started piling up.

-They were ambushed
-Some of them were tired from the get go
-Bluenote was over kill
-The tree thing is just dumb...idk how that makes their losses "legitimate"

Essentially what im getting at is that GH got the level of plot armor protagonists usually get.

ErosVp
May 28, 2011, 09:49 AM
It was a OK chapter! I hope Mashima rush next chapter and tell us if FT will lose this fight or not....

ca12nag3
May 28, 2011, 09:51 AM
Now we just need Mistogan back, because you can never have too much Seig Hart.........i mean Jellal :V.

(Lol@Seduction armor...i don't like my manga getting too tense but given the situation that was REAAAAAAAAALLY unnecessary lol)

Okay guys the good guys got their asses handed to them are we happy now?

I never feel articificial losses like these mean anything. It feels less of a matter of fairy tail utterly beaten and more of a case of....GH having an item bag of broken RPG items. It doesn't feel like other manga where they feel outclassed in every way. At first yeah....then the BS started piling up.

-They were ambushed
-Some of them were tired from the get go
-Bluenote was over kill
-The tree thing is just dumb...idk how that makes their losses "legitimate"

Essentially what im getting at is that GH got the level of plot armor protagonists usually get.

-the ambush o well Hades/Purehito did know the location as former master, and i got the idea that Zeref is connected somehow to FT Purehito/Hades knows this.

-Tired mwa the trials didnt realy wear anyone down did it? Natsu was still fired up and Makarov was enjoying his sake.

-Bluenote is a lose cannon as much as Gajeel was in Phantom. He does things his way even tho hes under Hades.

-The tree thing was kinda like we knew it was comming when Azuma first showed up as a part of that tree. And the tree basicaly suports the entire upper part of this *magical* island. All i didnt expect is that the magic is linked thrue it. Thats the only surprise.

Atobe the king
May 28, 2011, 09:52 AM
I don't like rushed chapters at all....FT's pacing is fine for the most part.

kakashidad
May 28, 2011, 10:32 AM
The best till last eh? i really think this week we had the best manga released last,and what
an issue we were privy too.Gildartz on his knees it seems at the mercy of bluenote stringer.Fried and Bixlow on their's with rustylee hovering above them.And this epic battle.Between Ezra and Asuma...Asuma powers are alot like tenzo or i should say Yamato in NARUTO...And that's how Tenzo should be,when battling..totally at easy with little self of danger...imo.Ezra was just ROCKED!!! And even though she's one of my favorites..it was awesome.

I'm at a lost as to what may happen next.But with the prelude to the next issue title suggesting.That something ''incrediable'' will happen.We're gonna either see.More faires turn up(whether excommunicated or not)or an incrediable feat from the faires we've seen...as in
they just don't know when to quit.

Meldy was of most interest to me in this issue.Some have speculated that there may well be a few of the grimoire hearts crew that could take up residence in fairy tail.And her action in this issue,suggests that she's the first to step over into that notion.Another cutie for the guild eh?lol.So i'm thinking that if that's the case.Maybe ultear might find some mothering instints(?)and reverse the effect of Asuma destruction of the ''tenrou tree'' thus giving the faires a new lease of life....that's all i got at the minute,my blood level has'nt come back
down yet lol.I doubt very much.That Asuma will join the guild now...he's stronger than most of them by the looks of things.And he's only interested in battling ''strong ones''althought the strong ones he's battled so far.Are only WOMEN....i wonder why?

hmmm maybe Ezra was onto something when she was thinking about the seduction outfit she just brought...that was funny as hell mind.
Oh well,i'm already looking fo the next issue...it's gonna be a long wait...too epic by far.Laters
Peace.

saya1987
May 28, 2011, 10:45 AM
Haha, if grimore heart's members were to join any thing, I think it would be the prison. They belonged to a dark guild and wrecked the ships. The council, especially since it's newly formed, isn't that forgiving to tolerate their actions. Secondly, FT isn't a refugee camp where you dump anyone that has nowhere to go in. FT acceptted juvia and gajeel- one for comic relief and the other being a dragonslayer. Similarly, hiro put wendy in because she's a dragonslayer too. However, I can't think of any reasons why meldy, ultear, kain, firegod, azuma could join FT.

Anyway, the title of the next chapter makes me think that everything would be skipped forward.

exacta
May 28, 2011, 10:49 AM
I'm happy Azuma won. It was an awesome fight, and I really want Fairy Tail to suffer a proper defeat for once. I'll admit, I was worried when I saw Erza try to use her no armor samurai trick. I would've been so pissed if this fight just ended up being another Ikaruga vs Erza lol.

I thought Luxus was going to appear and save Erza, but, perhaps not. Who knows what'll happen now...

Askia32
May 28, 2011, 11:12 AM

I didn't like it either. I have no clue why he is trying so hard to add so much fan service and comedy this arc.

dirtywork
May 28, 2011, 11:14 AM
poor Gerard lonely jail nail he might not out because he did too much. Laxus will be apear and 4 dragon slayer might be ring more bell

meepers4982
May 28, 2011, 11:18 AM
im interested in the role gerard will play he seems similar to seigheart in a way, from antagonist to protagonist. this arc is surprisingly long, usually fairytail arcs are around 30 chapters and this one is already 40. I liked the chapter and i am excited to see the ending of the arc.

Zoro #1
May 28, 2011, 11:30 AM
WTF all got beaten so easily after the tree fell. But I still think natsu should be alright, might have some hidden dragon slayer magic inside him.

Shinsatsu
May 28, 2011, 11:47 AM
WTF all got beaten so easily after the tree fell. But I still think natsu should be alright, might have some hidden dragon slayer magic inside him.

eeeh -_- not again plz. There's a limit to "hidden" things :S
Anyway... I think that the last page explains what's gonna happen in a way. And I don't think that Mr Mashima is going to kill a character... But that what it looked like in One Piece... IDK

Ifrit
May 28, 2011, 12:41 PM
I don't think this is the end of this Arc FT ain't defeated yet. We are forgetting some1 Mest is still on the Island he might do something if Ultear didn't but I just don't see Laxus or Gerrard " Jellal" appearing ...I still hope Laxus shows his ass tho ..but I don't think that will happen after all MAshima was just showing us some links from one person to another which I can say is really confusing. Bec none of us can actually predict what is going to happen next chapter.

White Silver King
May 28, 2011, 12:50 PM
Wow, Erza lost. Was not expecting that at all. So, now everyone has lost... except for Natsu. Maybe Bluenote or Ultear will be the lucky one.

prodigy7443
May 28, 2011, 12:57 PM
you know its funny that so many people still have things to complain about even though we can see that the story is going in a completely different way than we all expected. also would you give the word asspull a rest im getting really sick of reading it. look this was a good chapter regardless of what some may say. in this chapter we saw that fairytail isnt invincible just because they have their friend and that it really looks like a definite defeat for fairytail. also why do so many people see something that they dont agree with and immediately call ass pull. writing a manga isnt easy especially if you have to do a coherent story that agrees with its self once a week. just saying since everyone seems to know how to write a better story then why dont you. please i would love to read it but until then lets just read and see what happens because honestly we dont know whats going to happen.

Vaste Lorde
May 28, 2011, 01:21 PM
Why are people saying Azuma would lose without the goddamn tree?!!!
He already fought twice before Erza's fight.

Mira is pretty strong, I think shes on par with Erza, and he took her out quite easily. This is what i meant before, Erza is not as impressive as so many claimed. Sure some of her armor is great but she has to rely on physical attacks most often to deal damage to her opponents. Its her triumph card.

Azuma would win without the tree. Hes just stronger. Everyone kept hyping her. I guess people thought there was alot more to Erza's power which is why she is an S-class mage. I for one knew we have already seen everything she has to offer.

A pissed off Natsu would mostly likely win, and if you don't agree then I don't know what to say. Dragon magic is supposed to be the strongest, we keep forgetting Natsu has that shit.

I honestly don't know which direction mashima will take to end this arc. Extraneous interference seems like a good option this point. I think Gerrard was shown only for Erza and not anything else.

Either Fairly tail will have help or something dramatic will happen.

Kuzumikun
May 28, 2011, 01:59 PM
Crazy chapter :O Azuma is pretty strong i thought for sure that Erza would be his ass but i guess not :C No one is left on the island to defeat Azuma D:Unless Erza isn't really defeated and she is just lying down (I would not think that would happen). I just feel like Urtear will help them if Grey goes with GH like what others said.

ca12nag3
May 28, 2011, 02:03 PM
Why are people saying Azuma would lose without the goddamn tree?!!!
He already fought twice before Erza's fight.

Mira is pretty strong, I think shes on par with Erza, and he took her out quite easily. This is what i meant before, Erza is not as impressive as so many claimed. Sure some of her armor is great but she has to rely on physical attacks most often to deal damage to her opponents. Its her triumph card.

Azuma would win without the tree. Hes just stronger. Everyone kept hyping her. I guess people thought there was alot more to Erza's power which is why she is an S-class mage. I for one knew we have already seen everything she has to offer.

A pissed off Natsu would mostly likely win, and if you don't agree then I don't know what to say. Dragon magic is supposed to be the strongest, we keep forgetting Natsu has that shit.

I honestly don't know which direction mashima will take to end this arc. Extraneous interference seems like a good option this point. I think Gerrard was shown only for Erza and not anything else.

Either Fairly tail will have help or something dramatic will happen.

So Natsu eating everyones flames and then pwn m aint asspull? but Azuma using the trees etc is? C'mon.

Thing is Azuma didnt realy had serious oposition.

-Vs Mest&co those were a bunch of weaklings. Also they went head on vs an oponent without analizing his abilities epic fail.

-Vs Mira Azuma used her ultimate weakness, Lisanna. Lisanna isnt that strong so he simply put a bomb on her and forced Mira to throw the game. Azuma realy doesnt care about life etc. All he wants is the ultimate oponent.

A *fair fight* in his book is 1 where he and the oponent are both strong and have no ties that hold m back. So in essence when he took Mira down so easy is due to her *in his eyes* weakness.
At least thats how i think this guy thinks.

So hes still fresh and ready to go when hes up against Erza. What part of him was worn down then?

Sollum
May 28, 2011, 02:47 PM
Hmmm.... chapter was so so... Tho "Seduction Armor" was kewl :D

Next chapters title is sooooooooo unpredictable!

I was thinking about some crazy shitz happening, but then i realized that we will get some "guild! fight up!" speech >.>

matzik1212
May 28, 2011, 04:58 PM

i don't think mira is on par with erza this is more like she used to be on par with her but after that incident when elfman went on a rampage her abilities decreased a lot
anyway from the start i wasn't expecting erza to win since she's pretty exhausted and didn't have very much magic power left plus the guy uses the magic of the tenrou tree which it is a great deal to me btw:) ohh and i liked to see gerard again i missed him :D

White Silver King
May 28, 2011, 05:15 PM
i don't think mira is on par with erza this is more like she used to be on par with her but after that incident when elfman went on a rampage her abilities decreased a lot
Her abilities didn't "decrease" per say, they just went away. After Fried tortured Elfman, they came back in full (and may I remind you she trashed Fried, he didn't even get a hit on her and she could have killed him if she hadn't nicened up). Since no one in this series ever trains anyway, I'd guess Mira is still on Erza's level or slightly below and will catch up fast. Mira did fight Azuma as an equal for as long as she had useable magic power, but since she had already used so much magic that day (most notable Satan Soul which is a big power drainer) she couldn't keep it up and that's why she lost. Mira is strong.

shuha27
May 28, 2011, 05:23 PM
I really liked the change of this chapter. The only thing I really hated about this chapter is the fanservice. As Los said the manga is suppose to be more serious. Really don't know what to expect next chapter. Hope we see more Ultear and Grey interaction soon. We've been waiting for her reasoning for so long >.<

Uriel
May 28, 2011, 05:45 PM
This is the first time in Fairy Tail that I cannot see ANY solution possible. I applaud Mashima for this.

Really good chapter. And nice twist on Azuma's magic. I can't wait to next chapter.

morau-san
May 28, 2011, 07:22 PM
Azuma a beast man. and hes a man of honor. if anyone deserves the title of "7 kin of Purgatory" its him. hes been a great villain to watch and his magic is really cool.

next chapter may tie up the loose ends we've been getting on some of the chapters... im talking about how random characters were shown at the end of some chapters.

luxus, romio(maybe?), and now Gerard. i think we can expect reinforcements to come in and save fairy tail. IF anything they'll defeat Azuma and RustyRose then escape with the memebers of Fairy tail to a safe location

MonsterEnvy
May 28, 2011, 07:52 PM
Azuma a beast man. and hes a man of honor. if anyone deserves the title of "7 kin of Purgatory" its him. hes been a great villain to watch and his magic is really cool.

next chapter may tie up the loose ends we've been getting on some of the chapters... im talking about how random characters were shown at the end of some chapters.

luxus, romio(maybe?), and now Gerard. i think we can expect reinforcements to come in and save fairy tail. IF anything they'll defeat Azuma and RustyRose then escape with the memebers of Fairy tail to a safe location

Luxus is not coming he is too far away and Jellel is not coming because he is too far away and in a cell

there were cameo's they will show up in the future but not now

swordsaintscoot
May 28, 2011, 08:08 PM
nobody has any idea where he is, so please tell me how you know he's too far away? (beyond not being on the island) realistically he could probably zap himself there in an instant, we've seen his speed while he fucked around with the guild in the past. He becomes the electricity and moves at high speed.

Though I do not believe he will return to save FT, people spouting he's too far away is speculation..unless of course you know where he is?

and something random

I find myself liking azuma more and more, he's one of my favourites now lol.

Zoro #1
May 28, 2011, 10:13 PM
eeeh -_- not again plz. There's a limit to "hidden" things :S
Anyway... I think that the last page explains what's gonna happen in a way. And I don't think that Mr Mashima is going to kill a character... But that what it looked like in One Piece... IDK

Well gota save FT somehow and then there is still the whole making the main character look like a total hero thing so we might as well see natsu taking out an insane amount of power.

Ninja_Pirate
May 29, 2011, 01:43 AM
The last thing i would like to see is .. erza trying to catch azuma with his defense down... by playing dead... obvious card and mashima should not pull that... also erza used her trump card without seeing the trump card of the opponent.. oh no wait.. erza still have the seduction armor (trump card) :p

Uriel
May 29, 2011, 02:48 AM
RustyRose will be always better :P

But this is the first set of enemies that I actually enjoy as a whole and not only one. The only magic I disliked was Meldy and it's not THAT bad.

Lee-tyme7
May 29, 2011, 03:31 AM
Wow Erza finally lost...I shoulda seen it coming when Erza joke about the seduction armor she was going to lose. She never kid around while fighting a serious battle. Well since even Erza couldn't beat him will Natsu give it a shot? Maybe he'll burn the tree down to get an advantage, lol.

swordsaintscoot
May 29, 2011, 04:40 AM
RustyRose will be always better :P

But this is the first set of enemies that I actually enjoy as a whole and not only one. The only magic I disliked was Meldy and it's not THAT bad.

i like roses magic but i hate him and his design. Well not so much hate, i think they're good but they don't appeal to my needs of badassery. i like him more than kain hikaru though and zoldeo. (not capricorn)

i think the 7 kin, rank for me like this:

azuma

Zancrow
ultear
Meredy
rustyrose
kain hikaru
zoldeo

zancrow just appeals to me for some reason. he's a complete schitz and you just know when GH fight again he's gonna be pissed off at Natsu. the gap indicates how much cooler azuma is the the others.

Azuma just solidified himself with his cool attacks. "I release the magic of Tenrou asleep within the Earth! TERRA CHYRMAL!!!!!" is too cool. his magic is easily the most itneresting and flexible, he's got a cool design and is such a likable character overall. <3 Tower Burst.

ShoobyDooBop
May 29, 2011, 05:13 AM

I completely agree with the two of you.

Anyways. It's kind of funny why some people didn't expect Erza to lose. Since Azuma explained his ability, I already expected Erza to lose. And you should have expected her to lose or perhaps you didn't understand his ability. I said to myself, "this guy is a beast". Well, if she's still able to fight after that FULL BLAST she took without an armor and equips into some kind of forbidden armor,like that armor will suck out some of her life energy to give her power-up, she might defeat him. But I seriously doubt she'd stand up after the attack she took.

EDIT: And I'm getting really annoyed with the slight teasing of seeing Ultear and Gray interact. I want to see more of that soon.

swordsaintscoot
May 29, 2011, 07:20 AM
People didn't expect her to lose, but that isn't to say they didn't think she wouldn't. (Something akin to, but inverse of "I expect this to happen, but it probably won't.") Peoples expectations and logic were clashing. It was a trifling subject where everybody KNEW she had to lose, but didn't think Mashima would go through with it. She's Erza for god sake and won basically all of her 'do or die' battles. She's been Fairy Tails trump card to save the day up until now, so it's natural to be unsure of whether Mashima was going to follow through with his set up.

Finale
May 29, 2011, 07:34 AM
I think the chapter title next week could be about Doranbolt arguing with the Magic Council teling them to not just nuke Tenrou Island but to actually try to help. The Council will be like "Fairy Tail is nothing but trouble." and He'll respond by calling them an incredible guild.

meepers4982
May 29, 2011, 03:40 PM
@finale
i see that happening, i mean romeos appearence two chapters ago? is a huge clue to the readers that the events that too place on the island were huge and that people know about them and its not like fairytail really made it through the attack seems more like someone else got involved and spread the message.

MechR
May 29, 2011, 04:53 PM
People didn't expect her to lose, but that isn't to say they didn't think she wouldn't. (Something akin to, but inverse of "I expect this to happen, but it probably won't.") Peoples expectations and logic were clashing. It was a trifling subject where everybody KNEW she had to lose, but didn't think Mashima would go through with it. She's Erza for god sake and won basically all of her 'do or die' battles. She's been Fairy Tails trump card to save the day up until now, so it's natural to be unsure of whether Mashima was going to follow through with his set up.I just thought she'd win because Grimoire Heart could afford to lose that battle, whereas FT could not. If she wins, Gildartz and the Raijinshuu can finish their fights. If she loses, fight's over, everyone dies.

As for GH, they can end the war whenever Hades says "Screw it, I'm pulling out Grimoire Law and no one can stop me."

1337 haxor
May 29, 2011, 06:02 PM
Now I am pulling off some wacko.

What if Raven Tail with Laxus barges in the next chapter?

I mean, Ivan wouldn't want another guild to destroy FT before his own does would he?

Maybe Raven Tail is the "Incredible Guild", they arrive and put the war to a quick end.

Laxus takes down Rustyrose and saves Raijinshuu, another badass RT member takes down Azuma, yet another badass member steals Zeref from Ultear and Ivan defeats Bluenote while mocking Gildartz.

In the face of a fully powered top Dark Guild and a mad enough Ivan to cast Raven Law regardless of it crashing against Grimmoire Law, Hades would be forced to back down.

This would make the ideal setting for Ivan and Laxus to have a final talk with Makarov in his dying moments.

ca12nag3
May 29, 2011, 06:20 PM
I honnestly dont know how Mashima is going to out-top GH with Raven Tail if he even does. Dont forget that Zeref is the main enemy in this manga. Even tho there seems to be more to Zeref then just being the evil mastermind of the past.

Atm focus will be on the boy,Erzas fight,fried+bixlows fight and Gildarts fight.

Im realy glad with the Jelal shot tho but it wont be for this arc to see him again i think.

Uriel
May 29, 2011, 06:56 PM
Raven Tail is still an enemy to defeat after Tartaros. I would say that there is still some arcs to go until we see something about them.

1337 haxor
May 29, 2011, 07:42 PM
Raven Tail is still an enemy to defeat after Tartaros. I would say that there is still some arcs to go until we see something about them.

I don't know, they are on same league as Grimmore Heart, Tataros and Oracion Seis in terms of power but they choose to no align themselves with other dark guilds.

In my opinion Makarov is on the verge of death and creating another situation like this just for Ivan and Laxus to solve their issues would be a waste.

With Raven Tail taking the spot for a brief moment now they could have Laxus and Ivan settle some issues with Makarov and allowing him to pass out in peace rather than witnessing his guild destroyed before his last breaths.

Such twist would be way better than everyone screaming NAKAMA and turning the tides out of blue.

Also if RT steals Zeref from GH it leaves room open for further good Zeref character development.

Let's be realistic, if Zeref awakes he will simply go main boss godlike mode and destroy the world.

It's to early for that, Natsu doesn't even know his connections to Zeref and it's likely that Mashima will try to create a bound between the two so that once Zeref finally awakes Natsu will have more of a moral dillema rather than "I MUST DEFEAT BAD GUY DUH!".

It would be sort of an unforeseen yet epic twist if Raven Tail ends up being an ally to FT rather than an enemy.

Especially if FT is labeled a dark guild.

Ifrit
May 29, 2011, 11:42 PM
Now I am pulling off some wacko.

What if Raven Tail with Laxus barges in the next chapter?

I mean, Ivan wouldn't want another guild to destroy FT before his own does would he?

Maybe Raven Tail is the "Incredible Guild", they arrive and put the war to a quick end.

Laxus takes down Rustyrose and saves Raijinshuu, another badass RT member takes down Azuma, yet another badass member steals Zeref from Ultear and Ivan defeats Bluenote while mocking Gildartz.

In the face of a fully powered top Dark Guild and a mad enough Ivan to cast Raven Law regardless of it crashing against Grimmoire Law, Hades would be forced to back down.

This would make the ideal setting for Ivan and Laxus to have a final talk with Makarov in his dying moments.

You know I don't see that happens. But actually it will be cool if it did. I think it's 2 early for Raven Tail to appear yet.

And like some other say ur idea is way better than "A Friendship speech " then suddenly every1 is as powerful as Gildartz lol

What I also like to happen is ...Gildartz go all out despite Azuma is draining his power n release his Aura or some powerful magic that pumps every1 with power. Since Gildartz fight got interrupted every1 wanted to see Gildartz true power. It's not that great idea but still better than another "Speech" xD

Ninja_Pirate
May 30, 2011, 06:46 AM
Why talking of some other guild to appear for help/// though it is quite evident from "the incredible guild" that FT will survive on their own if their island wont may be... and even if not i would like to see them going down rather then getting saved by some other guild... its not FT thing to get saved.. till date they have proved to be the savior s ... seriously that would be worse than them going down for now.. and reform.. but again as i said in my previous post.. its too early to even think of it ..keep aside wishing for it.. :)

Ifrit
May 30, 2011, 07:20 AM
Why talking of some other guild to appear for help/// though it is quite evident from "the incredible guild" that FT will survive on their own if their island wont may be... and even if not i would like to see them going down rather then getting saved by some other guild... its not FT thing to get saved.. till date they have proved to be the savior s ... seriously that would be worse than them going down for now.. and reform.. but again as i said in my previous post.. its too early to even think of it ..keep aside wishing for it.. :)

From the way things ended in the last chapter I think it's 2 way street :

1- Incredible Guild = Fairy Tail somehow come back n win the fight.

2- --------------------= Fairy Tail lost ...Azuma n Ultear report back to HADES but they admit about Fairy Tail power... ( Don't see it ).

Baka_Sousui
May 30, 2011, 08:15 AM
It seems to me that Mashima has been hinting at a big change of sorts. A change that will affect fairy tail in a big way. He has heavily hinted that Makarov will meet his end not too far off in the future. Laxus is most likely to take over that was obvious. Now the boy at sea. Half of us thought it was Zeref and the other Romeo. I myself thought it was Zeref and conjoured all thoughts about it. One of the members here stated that the year on the paper was 773 which i thought was correct. Which would have meant the boy was definitely not Romeo. But then I thought about it. I wanted to be sure. So I decided to look for a raw for the chapter.
Which I found here:
http://mangahead.com/index.php/Manga-Raw-Scan/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail-234-Raw-Scan/19.jpg?action=big&size=original&fromthumbnail=true
Now on further inspection the paper says 792/ which makes it almost 7 or 8 years in the future. By which date it plausible for it to be romeo.
Now the question is why has Mashima shown us so far into the future?
I realise this is a big battle that show Fairy tail being defeated. Maybe pahaps the image is suppose to mean Fairy tail is far from being defeated and that the legacy continues on way into the future. This chapter showed fairy tail members losing their powers because a tree which supposedly harbors the power of all fairy tail rooted from the ground and members losing their abilities and become vulnerable.
I think that boy is suppose to symbolise hope of the future of Fairy Tail and its existence.

It's obvious that this is not the end of fairy tail cause there is still a lot more cover. To me it's more of an element of story telling. Unless he plans on a time skip which I doubt. I don't have any ideas what to predict next. Maybe the rest of fairy tail show up?
Maybe they all show unity and determination and each get up one at a time. I don't think there's help from outside because the title sounds like it's meant to be about the guild itself.

ca12nag3
May 30, 2011, 08:37 AM
I dont think that it has to do with *the reasurance that fairytail will survive* Moreso i think its a way to introduce a new character (be it a future double) that will be able to change things for the past. There is no reason to show the boy if he wasnt at all important. the date on that newspaper is x791/x793 that last figure is just hard to tell.

Anyways this Fairytail of the present is going to lose and maybe people will die. However its a possibility this boy will change the past and make it so Fairytail does not lose. You can say whatever you want but Mashima realy likes doing these timetravel things/parralel universe.

Actualy hes already done it once in Fairytail and does it all the time in Rave.

I hope we get some answers the upcomming chapter.

swordsaintscoot
May 30, 2011, 08:54 AM
I dont think that it has to do with *the reasurance that fairytail will survive* Moreso i think its a way to introduce a new character (be it a future double) that will be able to change things for the past. There is no reason to show the boy if he wasnt at all important. the date on that newspaper is x791/x793 that last figure is just hard to tell.

Anyways this Fairytail of the present is going to lose and maybe people will die. However its a possibility this boy will change the past and make it so Fairytail does not lose. You can say whatever you want but Mashima realy likes doing these timetravel things/parralel universe.

Actualy hes already done it once in Fairytail and does it all the time in Rave.

I hope we get some answers the upcomming chapter.

even if he likes to do them, one day he oughta realise that they're super dangerous and that they're generally not good plot points. especially time travel, introducing that in any way is basically saying the good guys will never truly lose.

situation

natsu vs hades. natsu isn't strong enough. you can either make natsu win which is a plothole, or make him lose/die, then just be like...well we have timetravel lets fuck that one up.
just...not...good.

additionally i do not like this new site design. Kill it with fire.

ca12nag3
May 30, 2011, 09:05 AM
1: the author is free to do as he dmn well pleases :P
2: no story ever portraits the good side losing (in the end)
3: i never said hades is going to lose.

What im saying is that the most likely outcome at the moment is that everyone on the island dies. timetravel is not something in this manga thats alowed due to limits so it seems however it might be possible that there is a way to do it.

I dont want to go to far into it right now but its not a bad plot point to have timetravel. Its just a way to make things go. And you can build in may different boundries to limit its use in your story. For example you need to know some special technique, have a huge magical power. Or perhaps a rift in time.

(wild theory)
For example there might be a rare occurance that there is a rift being made (unintentionaly that connects the island with the future for a limited time. (lets say the newspaper we just saw flew thrue some wormhole and ends up in a characters face (1 of the survivors). And this character realizes a few years from now that that newspaper realy is from that point in time. So in order to save everyone the boy (be it Romeo or w/e) uses that rift to cross back and save everyone. Tho he might be trapped in the past by doing so.

kkck
May 30, 2011, 09:15 AM
I have my doubts about erza being defeated just yet. Even gildarts is helpless in this scenario. basically, if erza loses there is simply no way for any fairy tail mage to avoid unilateral extermination. In that sense, either erza makes a comeback or luxus gets to the island. Erza apparently just used up all of her magic so it is unlikely for her to make a comeback on her own. Not sure what could gerard do from where he is since it does seem like every precaution has been taken to seal his power.... Luxus getting there would make more sense. He should be loyal to fairy tail but in turn also should not have the tattoo so he should not be weakened at all by azuma's power. He also should be plenty strong enough to deal with azuma.

Ero-Sanji
May 30, 2011, 10:07 AM
It seems to me that Mashima has been hinting at a big change of sorts. A change that will affect fairy tail in a big way. He has heavily hinted that Makarov will meet his end not too far off in the future. Laxus is most likely to take over that was obvious. Now the boy at sea. Half of us thought it was Zeref and the other Romeo. I myself thought it was Zeref and conjoured all thoughts about it. One of the members here stated that the year on the paper was 773 which i thought was correct. Which would have meant the boy was definitely not Romeo. But then I thought about it. I wanted to be sure. So I decided to look for a raw for the chapter.
Which I found here:
http://mangahead.com/index.php/Manga-Raw-Scan/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail-234-Raw-Scan/19.jpg?action=big&size=original&fromthumbnail=true
Now on further inspection the paper says 792/ which makes it almost 7 or 8 years in the future. By which date it plausible for it to be romeo.
Now the question is why has Mashima shown us so far into the future?
I realise this is a big battle that show Fairy tail being defeated. Maybe pahaps the image is suppose to mean Fairy tail is far from being defeated and that the legacy continues on way into the future. This chapter showed fairy tail members losing their powers because a tree which supposedly harbors the power of all fairy tail rooted from the ground and members losing their abilities and become vulnerable.
I think that boy is suppose to symbolise hope of the future of Fairy Tail and its existence.

Interesting find, but if it were 7-8 years in the future wouldn't Romeo be older than that boy?
I mean Romeo looked like ten like Wendy meaning that in 7-8 years in the future he should look like Natsu and Lucy.

RaveDragon
May 30, 2011, 10:15 AM
Exactly like ero sanji said thats why i still think its not romeo and we should wait plus the date on the newspaper could be both 773 (which would make sense since we could get interactions of certain characters such as layla, maybe how zeref got on the island, hades forming gh) or 793 which i dont know what might be tbh going into the future like that doesnt make sense to me

ca12nag3
May 30, 2011, 10:27 AM
didnt i already show a pic of the numbers it can only be 791/793 not a 771/773
the 2nd number has a closed circle so its a 9 end of debate.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r87/Ca12nag3/newspaperexplode.jpg

also the boy looks like natsus age or little younger a year or so. So its perfectly within margins. Remember that Mashima draws a lot of his late teens in a more childlike manner just look at Natsu and Levy.

Ninja_Pirate
May 30, 2011, 10:41 AM
@Baka_SousuiI : I really liked the idea of that pic as a symbol that FT will survive.. showing future generation indicates that.. but still showing it in that way with date on newspaper to indicate that... LAME... Being it just symbolic can be supported by facts that this arc has shown luxus and jerrad just symbolically that they are feeling something bad is happening.. and almost every two three chapters mashima is using some kindda(though weired)symbolism :p

Time travel will be a sad plot as i will say... though if Mashima wants to drag the story and do some ass pull.. since left with nothing else... can go ahead with.. people are reading FT and will keep reading with appreciation... because i like the way mashima does it :)

It would again be sad for author to make statements about someone s presence being erased and then in next chapter being superhuman that person just wake up and kick some ass... so please no for thatsss.... but its really appreciative that mashima brought the s tory to a point where everyone is just making wild prediction and not at all sure about what will happen (atleast i dont :p , and i know there will be people who think they know)

EDIT: for the new design of site... congrats and keep it up team ,, thank you as well.. though layout kindda sucks but features are being added and "Thanks" figures of all are gone :p

Ifrit
May 30, 2011, 10:53 AM
didnt i already show a pic of the numbers it can only be 791/793 not a 771/773
the 2nd number has a closed circle so its a 9 end of debate.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r87/Ca12nag3/newspaperexplode.jpg

also the boy looks like natsus age or little younger a year or so. So its perfectly within margins. Remember that Mashima draws a lot of his late teens in a more childlike manner just look at Natsu and Levy.

Thx this is the first time some1 show the pic with zoom in ...but why do we assume it's a date ? if Mashima really did this on purpose I salute him for the details .

kkck
May 30, 2011, 11:24 AM
Assuming that is a date, do we know what the current year is in fairy tail?

Ninja_Pirate
May 30, 2011, 11:30 AM
Assuming that is a date, do we know what the current year is in fairy tail?

X784 .... for your reference http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

kkck
May 30, 2011, 11:32 AM
Actually I checked the year lucy's mom died (which was seven years ago) and that happened in the year 777. That means this is year 784 meaning that if the number shown in the newspaper is a date then the kid is potentially from 7 years into the future. The most remarkable part about this is that the kid is not only wearing natsu's clothes of all people's but also it happens 7 years in the future which as we have seen is a very recurring number in the manga. Were it not for that number I would not believe it but otherwise it would be just too much of a coincidence.

I very much doubt that kid is romeo though. He would have to look a bit older than what he does and he barely looks like romeo anyways(I barely see the resemblance).

Ninja_Pirate
May 30, 2011, 11:41 AM
@kkck such a waste of time to answer your question when you wanted to answer it your self :p

About the chapter... again.. no clue what will come next... I would again make another wild guess... though a repetitive one.. Mavis would be the solution for the guild... some how .. It must have to do something about lucy s knowledge of evry magic came out of one source... Mavis was the one (i guess) to impart magic into that holy land.. so his magic should be able to counter Azuma s magic somehow,,

kkck
May 30, 2011, 11:52 AM
mavis was not necessarily the one to bless that land... Zeref is somehow related to fairy tail yet the first master of the land would seem to have lived no more than 150-200 years ago. I get the impression that the history of fairy tail goes actually far before its first master and its origins can actually be traced to the zeref days. Perhaps fairy tail as a guild has existed for a relatively short amount of time but in turn before that it was some other sort of organization.

hossice
May 30, 2011, 12:14 PM
haha i just thought of this awesome plot hole. since the tree is taken down, everyone with the FT symbol loses its power. well earlier we saw luxus. he was kicked out of the guild so was his FT symbol removed? he comes in and is unaffected? plot hole*

Uriel
May 30, 2011, 12:30 PM
haha i just thought of this awesome plot hole. since the tree is taken down, everyone with the FT symbol loses its power. well earlier we saw luxus. he was kicked out of the guild so was his FT symbol removed? he comes in and is unaffected? plot hole*
Why it would be a plothole rather than just a plot device? I don't follow.

And yes, seems that Luxus got his mark removed before He left I think. After bing magically called by Makarov I think it's not weird if He arrives next chapter or so. Still, He's ONE against many powerful wizards. The most He can do is taking everyone out of there.

Ninja_Pirate
May 30, 2011, 12:33 PM

You are making a prediction for the plot hole???? right!!! since luxus is no where on the island.. and moreover i dont see him coming even

ca12nag3
May 30, 2011, 03:52 PM
indeed :P

Laxus just felt something was wrong with Makarov and pulls out his GPS and tunes in on the island he automaticaly knows everyone is at and shows up to save the day :D

Not happening.

Same with Jelal he aint showing up either.

Conza17
May 30, 2011, 04:44 PM
First of all if you haven't read the previous chapters there will be spoilers in my comment so you have been warned.

I was rather shocked to see Erza lose to Azuma (round of applause to him for winning he is my favourite out of the seven kin). What I believe is that Ultear will show her good side and use her Arc of Time on the Great Tenrou Tree unless they class it as a living thing as plants are technically living things, but probably won't. There also might be a chance Laxus and Jellal might show up to help out and if your thinking the loss of the Tree will drain Laxus's magic think about him being excommunicated from the Fairy tail just like his daddy. There is also a chance seeing that the tile of the next chapter is called "An Incredible Guild" it might just be a look back on the history of Fairy Tail and after that something big will happen hopefully giving Fairy Tail a chance of victory.

Aikidoka
May 30, 2011, 09:18 PM
Interesting idea, hossice. Maybe if they could get Makarov to wake up and "disband" the guild, they would temporarily lose their marks and go back to full power? I remember there was a Justice League storyline involving that...

But I digress. I've been seeing some people saying they don't see a way out of this...remember that this is Erza we're talking about. Since when has she made a promise and failed to hold up to it? She said she would save her friends, therefore she'll find some way to get back up and beat Azuma...whether by using his own magic against him (a running trend with the Kin so far), or through some other means (hopefully not a power of friendship type deal...that could be disappointing depending on how awesome her victory is).

luffyg2
May 30, 2011, 10:08 PM
That tree thing does explain how come Natsu was able to stand up again and again and how no one from FT died yet even though most of them got beaten... wonder what will happen from here cause it really does not seems like FT will win...

Uriel
May 30, 2011, 11:34 PM
That tree thing does explain how come Natsu was able to stand up again and again and how no one from FT died yet even though most of them got beaten... wonder what will happen from here cause it really does not seems like FT will win...
Well, actually doesn't because that Tree prevents them to die THERE in that particular island.

Ninja_Pirate
May 30, 2011, 11:45 PM
Well, actually doesn't because that Tree prevents them to die THERE in that particular island.

I guess luffyg2 was talking about natsu s fight with zancrow only and not about all fights of natsu in manga.. :)

mumbojumbo
May 31, 2011, 02:03 AM
Just feel that things have been set-up for someone other than Fairy tail to show up and save the day. It could be a former member.....

*From Makarov's old gang (Master Goldmine, Bob, Polyuskha)
*Ex-communicated Luxus (No Fairy Tail mark on him)
*Zeref (Founder/former member/Uprooting the tree breaks the seal)
*Natsu (Hidden potential/Lost magic)

Personally, think it will be Luxus as he was shown to travel at "Lightning speed", is strong as hell and can take Azuma out.

Ultrear is still a mystery and I don't think we will get answers to which side she is really allied to anytime soon.

Anyway, it seems to be an interesting chapter next, can't wait.

ca12nag3
May 31, 2011, 07:17 AM
I believe the date on that newspaper reads x791/x793

- So I think its more common sense to think about that boy entering the scene whoever he is.

-Just because we saw a distressed Laxus due to his feelings for Makarov (his grandfather) does not automaticaly make it that he knows whats going on on the island. Thats just asspulleritus.

-same goes for Jelal sure he feels for Erza and he senses shes in trouble but apart from that there is no reason to believe he knows whats going on.

-Zeref is now on the island so believing he is that boy in the future is slim to no chance at all. So i dont think he can be that boy.

As for current events everyone is down for the count and only Gray is still standing due to the fact he aint fighting. Im wondering if Ultear will get him to safty somehow.

Most of all i think next up is that boy so well see more about him.

RaveDragon
May 31, 2011, 09:07 AM
I dont know im not hundred percent sure about the newspaper date i think its either like you say x797/x791 but i still think its x771 or x777 its not clear enough for all we know, it would be really interesting if its really x777 though :/

first of all, we want to know something now about the mysteries involving that date so its plausible its not clear enough and Mashima just made it to be an x777 date or closish no? we would get the explanation on zeref especially if he is connected to the dragons or at least something on the x777 mystery.

A flashforward. i doubt it, that boy cant be romeo because he would be older, he should look more like Natsu age, this kid looks 14 or less

A story. could it be the narration of a prophecy or the story Lucy was talking about and it involves the FT foundation or maybe FT used to be something other than a guild or something

kkck
May 31, 2011, 09:50 AM
I think it is pretty clear the number in the newspaper is 791. More importantly, that year is 7 years away from the current timeline which is a very curious number to say the least.

ca12nag3
May 31, 2011, 09:57 AM
i actualy used 3 different picture programs zoomed in and im 99% sure it says x793. But you can go into denial for the fun of it and think otherwise.

The current date is around x785 making it 7 years into the future (no replies to me about 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 plz cause there is nothing that indicates it has anything to do with the yet and i wont cover it cause it can mean anything.)

The boy can be Romeo since we do NOT have a specific age for Romeo.

Romeo is close to or younger then Wendy is.
Wendy in the current timeline is 12 so that would make her 19 in x793

Romeo is anything between 8 and 12. We simply do not know his current age. Altho we are sure hes half the size Natsu and Lucy are. And we know how old they are.

Lets say Romeo is 8 then adding 7 hed be 15 and i say thats perfectly possible, cause the boy we see standing there is younger then Lets say Natsu but older then Wendy is now.

Btw im not saying the boy = Romeo im just saying its possible.

Mangafan2
May 31, 2011, 12:23 PM
Ultear will probably help out and Laxus is still there.

Most awesome entrance would be if Dragneel showed up to rape everyone, but at the same time breaking the bond/promise/contract he made with the other dragons.

wooticus
May 31, 2011, 01:11 PM
Ultear will probably help out and Laxus is still there.

Most awesome entrance would be if Dragneel showed up to rape everyone, but at the same time breaking the bond/promise/contract he made with the other dragons.

dragneel? as in natsu dragneel? the dragon you're talking about is igneel and i would bet every cent i posses that he won't enter the scence next chapter^^

White Silver King
May 31, 2011, 01:33 PM

He was talking about his fight against Zancrow, then his fight against Ultear, then his fight against Kain, and finally his fight against Bluenote.

prodigy7443
May 31, 2011, 01:36 PM
why does everyone assume that mashima will just write someone in to come fix everything. from the way its been going im not sure he will. In charle's premonition, here (http://www.mangareader.net/135-57514-18/fairy-tail/chapter-201.html), we saw cana crying which seems to already happened ,here (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/232/14). note the resemblance of the position from the premonition and the other chapter. Also we saw natsu crying which i think still has to happen and a limp hand which i think still has to happen. what if no one comes to help and what if they kill makorov. i think that would get natsu to cry and it seems like something that hades would do. a sort of spitting in fairytail's face by killing their master

White Silver King
May 31, 2011, 01:36 PM
I dont know im not hundred percent sure about the newspaper date i think its either like you say x797/x791 but i still think its x771 or x777 its not clear enough for all we know, it would be really interesting if its really x777 though :/
If you look at the raw picture posted a few pages back and zoom in, it's very clear that the paper says x791.

limp hand which i think still has to happen.
That was Lucy's hand after Cana knocked her out.

prodigy7443
May 31, 2011, 01:54 PM
That was Lucy's hand after Cana knocked her out.

oh i just found it, here (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/225/19), so just one more thing has to come true. something devastating enough to make natsu cry. unless that already happened also. But if it didnt then death of someone dear to him (anyone in the guild) would seem like the best option to make him cry.

also with the X791 thing if you re-read the words sound like a time skip if i ever heard one. so im pretty sure that it is the future and not the past.

hossice
May 31, 2011, 05:31 PM
It is deff. 793. anyways, why would it be romeo? why would romeo be a dragon slayer if he wasn't raised by a dragon? o_0

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/cde665a04270734d6c22ebaa.jpg

ca12nag3
May 31, 2011, 07:29 PM
It is deff. 793. anyways, why would it be romeo? why would romeo be a dragon slayer if he wasn't raised by a dragon? o_0

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/cde665a04270734d6c22ebaa.jpg

Why are you asuming that the person we see there is a dragonslayer?

-Just cause of the tatoo on that spot? Lisanna had it there too? She aint a slayer.
-We dont see any fangs either
-We dont see magical moves.

-he does wear natsu styl clothes ok... ? That only means they go to the same clothstore. lol.

Fact is we dont know anything about the boy were only guessing. And guessing hes Romeo is 1 of few options. He could be mavis ?

LoS
May 31, 2011, 07:31 PM
Oh lord, 2 weeks of the same posts over and over and over again.

Can people just refrain from posting about that freaking newspaper?

hossice
May 31, 2011, 07:32 PM
people earlier said it was a dragon slayer. not me D: ahhh dont flame me. they related to say how all the dragon slayers at FT had the mark there. but like you said, lisana did as well. my point was against him being a dragon slayer so obviously i'm not for that idea and did not suggest it.

Lee-tyme7
June 01, 2011, 02:47 AM
I really do hope Erza did not lose and has a lil bit of strength left to stand and fight but only Natsu can do that. My other guess is that the council members might jump in to help FT but then again there has to be a good reason for them to risk their necks like that. I believe Natsu will try to fight with Azuma but then Erza lost so how will Natsu beat him? Possible scenerio is Urltear, she may help Grey fight with Azuma. She has the lost Time magic and it's effective against trees. That if she really is a good guy?

ca12nag3
June 01, 2011, 08:46 AM
people earlier said it was a dragon slayer. not me D: ahhh dont flame me. they related to say how all the dragon slayers at FT had the mark there. but like you said, lisana did as well. my point was against him being a dragon slayer so obviously i'm not for that idea and did not suggest it.

yeah well i made the remark too about the clothing and the mark but i never said he is a dragonslayer, so basicaly i keep it as theory ^^. Im sorry if i come across harsh. I just dont want my words to be warped as if i claim he = a dragonslayer while there are still other options open. Same with the option of him being Romeo, its a possibility not a fact :D

So if i offended you i apologize ;)

Ifrit
June 01, 2011, 08:51 AM
Heheheh...I'm from who said he's a dragon slayer..but only if the kid is actually Zeref...bec I think Zeref is even older than Mavis and he created Fairy Tail...we never seen Zeref Shoulder there could be a fairy tail mark there who knows XDDD...the coming chapter we sure gonna get some answers ....bec now none of them can actually fight unless Erza still got more to give !

Ninja_Pirate
June 01, 2011, 09:16 AM
Heheheh...I'm from who said he's a dragon slayer..but only if the kid is actually Zeref...bec I think Zeref is even older than Mavis and he created Fairy Tail...we never seen Zeref Shoulder there could be a fairy tail mark there who knows XDDD...the coming chapter we sure gonna get some answers ....bec now none of them can actually fight unless Erza still got more to give !

That would be interesting... the foundation of the guild fighting darkguild/dark magic has a foundation by dark magic king.. lol :p .. Irony

ZERO PHOENIX
June 01, 2011, 02:42 PM
I agree with the general consensus. Must we see Gerard every damn arc? :-_- I mean really, he's not that interesting as a character. It's one thing if his presence is actually cohesive with the regards to the plot and the goings-on therein. However, Gerard serves absolutely no purpose in the narrative at this point and time. Sure he's connected with Erza. And? A lot of people are connected with Natsu, Lucy, and Gazille, and so forth. You don't see everyone's childhood friend pop-up just because the party's getting crazy. Nevermind the fact that Gerard has no "real" connection with FT or GH. I was on mangafox and some scrubs were slamming the author saying that he doesn't actually plan out these arcs and he makes up details as he goes along. Initially I didn't really agree but after this mess of chapter, who is to say?

I'm really disappointed that Erza got owned. Hell, the entire guild took it on the chin. Unless Luxus shows up and pulls out a Goku on Grimoire Heart I really don't see this ending well for Fairy Tail.

kkck
June 01, 2011, 10:45 PM
Gerard is not only connected to erza though. He also has a deep inherent connection to grimmoire heart. Was it not urtear who manipulated gerard? Wasn't his goal while manipulated to bring back zeref (even if he was not aware of everything) which is in a way grimoire heart's ultimate goal? His connection with erza is the least of the reasons gerard is connected to this arc. Setting aside the fact that gerard is in a jail which should by all intents and purposes shut every bit of magical power he has, he has everything to do with this arc. His presense would make sense plotwise were it not for the jail detail as he should have a score to settle with grimmoire heart who are the people who made him the madman he apparently was.

Ifrit
June 02, 2011, 12:07 AM
True. First he made a kick ass come back when Gildartz, Fried and Bixlow came to the rescue ..EVERY1 was like OMG I can't wait to see Fried n Bixlow along with Gildartz fighting seriously ...but then he took it away...he could at least not to ruin their moments lets see the kick ass fight then u can shift to Azuma n let the man do his thing ( SO FAR IN THIS ARC AZUMA IS THE KICK ASS PART ) Gildartz moment was taken.

liductan
June 02, 2011, 12:28 AM
i never realized people would be this pissed after reading the chapter that i absolutely love. Whats surprising the most is, people can't seem to accept erza's defeat. Is erza suppose to get up? and some how pull some left magic out her ass???:eyeroll No!!Come on, she is overpowered and plus most of all she is in the enemy's territory. It's really about time erza lost a fight, i'm really tired of natsu's and erza's asspull in almost every fight. i love the reality of this chapter,FT can't win every battle. FT needs to know what defeat is in every way possible not physically but emotionally as well. This is just the begining.....

Uriel
June 02, 2011, 01:36 AM
Also, if I recall correctly...Wasn't Gerard possessed by Zeref as kid?

Ifrit
June 02, 2011, 02:34 AM
i never realized people would be this pissed after reading the chapter that i absolutely love. Whats surprising the most is, people can't seem to accept erza's defeat. Is erza suppose to get up? and some how pull some left magic out her ass???:eyeroll No!!Come on, she is overpowered and plus most of all she is in the enemy's territory. It's really about time erza lost a fight, i'm really tired of natsu's and erza's asspull in almost every fight. i love the reality of this chapter,FT can't win every battle. FT needs to know what defeat is in every way possible not physically but emotionally as well. This is just the begining.....

I agree with you..it's time for Erza to lose a fight...actually it's time for Fairy Tail to lose a fight...but I wanted to see Gildartz ,Fried n bixlow be4 it end that way. although it's not sure yet they lost. Bluenote get owned by Gildartz ..RustyRose ( The man really piss me off) get his ass kicked by Friend n Bixlow.then Azuma Own all FT with his Magic. Don't you think it would been better this way ?

RaveDragon
June 02, 2011, 05:36 AM
Oh lord, 2 weeks of the same posts over and over and over again.

Can people just refrain from posting about that freaking newspaper?

xD sorry *grins sheepishly*

seeing Jellal was nice, come on have some romantic moments for Erza =P it also might be important to see the friends who are far away, maybe they have some indirect part now

Erza lost, i doubt she will be fighting soon the end. she might help the next opponent by mentioning something she found out during the battle.

Also, if I recall correctly...Wasn't Gerard possessed by Zeref as kid?

No thats was Ultear maddening him by impersonating Zeref and brainwashing the poor Jellal

To say the truth im out of ideas as to how FT can win unless Natsu eats somthing again and Lucy suddenly remembers how to use Urano metoria or something...

Darjaille
June 02, 2011, 07:04 AM
To say the truth im out of ideas as to how FT can win unless Natsu eats somthing again and Lucy suddenly remembers how to use Urano metoria or something...

If FT wins, the only option is Natsu eating something again. If Hades doesn't show mercy because of something (I don't see that coming, but if, I think it will be because of Lucy) or it isn't Zeref's doing or somebody shows up (Council (can be), Laxus (it shouldn't be possible but you never know), Jellal (impossible)), they are dead.
I forgot about Ultear, but for me she's manipulative b**ch, I totally don't see her pulling Itachi.

ca12nag3
June 02, 2011, 09:35 AM
there is nothing for natsu to eat and tbh in most realy good manga the hero does not always win all his fights. Sure things will turn out right in the end but he wont win m all.

The idea that Natsu should just eat some flame and power up is offencive. Its saying that Mashima doesnt have any fantasy or good imagination.
I honnestly hope that boy will be the salvation of FT. Not just for pure logic since hes fully introduced now. But for the reason that you cant always have the same people win.

Ninja_Pirate
June 02, 2011, 09:59 AM
there is nothing for natsu to eat and tbh in most realy good manga the hero does not always win all his fights. Sure things will turn out right in the end but he wont win m all.

The idea that Natsu should just eat some flame and power up is offencive. Its saying that Mashima doesnt have any fantasy or good imagination.
I honnestly hope that boy will be the salvation of FT. Not just for pure logic since hes fully introduced now. But for the reason that you cant always have the same people win.

The thing is hero doesnt win all the time... but it is too early for heroes to take a back seat.. it is just 236th chapter.. and moreover whenever heroes get busted they do come back.. just to win... like what happened in the case of Zan crow.. or against the top notch of previous black guild.. but it is becoming repetitive.. so it would be a twist if for next opponent natsu just win in a straight fight :) .. which will not gonna happen.. but again if some external hero is about to be introduced just to save the day... it will get confusing and hard to balance in the end..

However all depends on the mangaka.. sometyms most obvious plot can be represent in a way that readers just love it.. so u never know what surprising thing just comes out :)

ZERO PHOENIX
June 02, 2011, 11:56 AM
Of course. Because we all know that the power of friendship wins all the time. :-_- Why train right? No need for a gambit to show up and save the day when those friendship bracelets start sparkling. Am I the only one waiting for Zeref to go batshit crazy and start wrecking, well, everyone.

kkck
June 02, 2011, 02:14 PM
I personally think luxus will appear to beat the crap out of asuma. He should not have the tattoo anymore so he is the perfect way for fairy tail to get out of this. Once that happens gildarts, fried and bixlow get their power back and beat the crap out of rustyrose and bluenote. From then things get interesting as they have to deal with hades, the guy who gave makarov a textbook fodder treatment. it is possible that if asuma keeps his promise and gives magic back other fairy tail people will be healed though.

Ero-Sanji
June 02, 2011, 02:38 PM
I personally think luxus will appear to beat the crap out of asuma. He should not have the tattoo anymore so he is the perfect way for fairy tail to get out of this. Once that happens gildarts, fried and bixlow get their power back and beat the crap out of rustyrose and bluenote. From then things get interesting as they have to deal with hades, the guy who gave makarov a textbook fodder treatment. it is possible that if asuma keeps his promise and gives magic back other fairy tail people will be healed though.

I would love that scenario, Laxus FTW!

But, I think it will end with Rusty, Azuma, Ultear and Hades as the ones that prevails. Bluenote deserves to get smitten and forgotten while Laxus seem to be too far away to reach the island and I also doubt that he sensed his grand-pa being was in real danger.

Darjaille
June 02, 2011, 02:56 PM
I just had that thought but... what if Council fires Etherion again and the land draining magical energy serves as lightning rod - everybody is untouched and azuma's just a pile of ash.

I know, not likely and far fetched, but...

RaveDragon
June 02, 2011, 03:16 PM
i think that this might be the arc when someone other than Natsu saves the day, (he is probably crying for his loss in the prediction, its not when he was beaten by Gildarts the pics are too diff while the other where shown almost identical) well the boy could be introduced as the guy who saves the day and then would be explained in the new arc who he is, maybe a descendant of Zeref rather tha n himself lol or really Romeo well for that we'll see

Lol okay i believe it will be Lucy with some crazy speech and some help from either the boy or Capricorn even Cana who manages FG this time after all lets face it we want her to be less damsel in distress and comic relief (lol if i mention fs i doubt some of you would agree...xp) and more heroine with hidden potential that is actually shown. I guess Mashima did hint on Layla being more then a normal celestial mage i just dont know what and her kid might be connected too.

Anywho this next chapter is probably explanatory and will set things for the ending im pretty sure Hades will come now and meet Natsu and the gang ^^ (so is anyone getting the feel Hades or Zeref will 'know' Lucy? i mean Lucy was shown not seeing Zeref and commenting on it it might be an ironic panel or just nothing)

kkck
June 02, 2011, 03:40 PM
Urtear can in fact affect trees (she made a seed under natsu grow) so it is also within the realm of possibilities that she regresses the trees to a point in the past and by extention heals fairy tail. There are way too many possibilities right now and none is really very unlikely.

swordsaintscoot
June 02, 2011, 04:07 PM
its funny how the threads begin to repeat themselves over and over again when the chapter has been out a bit? it'd be way more constructive if instead of reiterating old ideas/topics you thought of new ideas.

that said, laxus is in no way going to make it. look at how long it took gildartz, fried and bixlow to get back and they were only half way back to the main island. we have no idea where laxus is but you can be sure he was on the mainland. he's not going to get there so soon after gildartz and co did.

fairy tail will not pull through on their own. someone else will step in. who? we don't know, theres no way to predict the story now and constantly rehashing old ideas is pointless.

im surprised no ones mentioned lucy's spirits, caprico and leo can come out and live in the human realm especially long on their own and i dont think are branded with the mark of fairy tail anymore. they could put up a fight with azuma. (caprico especially also being a 7-kin would have to be on a similarish level)

but leo is injured. caprico is not.

a plot line I'm looking forward to eventually is the spirit realm. for all we know, caprico and leo when they returned would've seen the spirit king, spirit king would be all like "wtf caprico where've you been" and "wtf leo why you so hurt" then step in and cut the fight. or he might even have them take refuge in the spirit realm. this has about a 0.0000000000001 possibility but at least its new.

matzik1212
June 02, 2011, 04:54 PM
but after all on which part is ultear in this fight :blink......i really don't understand and the situation with her and gray was left hanging there without any explication so this confuses me
i also think laxus will apear eventually on the island ,well at least on what's left of it :) and help FT deal with this situation and thus he will return to being an official mage of FT yayyyyyy :D

Leonsagara
June 02, 2011, 09:20 PM
Actually, Leo is still considered a member of Fairy Tail, so he probably still has the tattoo. If he didn't, he wouldn't have been able to participate as Gray's partner. I don't think Erza is down for the count yet. She's tanked some pretty strong attacks and still managed to fight a short time later, like in the Phantom Lord Arc. Of course, those feats were mainly to establish her as a really strong character, so it might not work so well this time. Still, I doubt she'll give up when her friend's lives are on the line.

swordsaintscoot
June 03, 2011, 12:20 AM
It doesn't really matter, a cripple can't walk just because his friends are in danger. Much like a completely destroyed and beaten Erza can't win against Azuma.

Maybe Leo can't fight without having his energy absorbed, but Caprico sure as hell can I'd hope. All in all, we don't know and I want Mashima to surprise us, which he's already succeeded in doing, seeing as there's no foreseeable outcome atm.

kkck
June 03, 2011, 12:21 AM
Loki does in fact have the fairy tail tattoo. He showed it before the test.

What if capricorn takes part in this though, has anyone considered this yet? He was left alone somewhere in the island after loki saved him so perhaps he is still around and willing to fight for lucy. He is not a mage of fairy tail per say so he should be able to fight. Perhaps his power can be of use to help erza finish the fight.

vizardichigo
June 03, 2011, 01:21 AM
Surprising chapter...I thought Erza would win with the chips down so i was shocked...I just hope some random crap doesnt happen but this is really nail biting stuff...It really looks like FT has no way back bar destroying their guild tattoos like someone above said...next 2-3 chapters should be interesting...

Ifrit
June 03, 2011, 04:42 AM
It doesn't really matter, a cripple can't walk just because his friends are in danger. Much like a completely destroyed and beaten Erza can't win against Azuma.

Maybe Leo can't fight without having his energy absorbed, but Caprico sure as hell can I'd hope. All in all, we don't know and I want Mashima to surprise us, which he's already succeeded in doing, seeing as there's no foreseeable outcome atm.

mmmm...Caprico new interesting idea.....it might happen I totally forgot about Caprico....Caprica do it...Ultear turn to be good,,,,or luxus appear anything but not another friendship speech plz Q_Q

ca12nag3
June 03, 2011, 05:51 AM
I dont see caprico,laxus,jelal or anyone besides that boy show up to do battle and turn the tide. Its nonsense to asume Laxus or whoelse to show up in a elaborate way. Thats to much asspulling.

Ninja_Pirate
June 03, 2011, 08:46 AM
I dont see caprico,laxus,jelal or anyone besides that boy show up to do battle and turn the tide. Its nonsense to asume Laxus or whoelse to show up in a elaborate way. Thats to much asspulling.

The biggest asspull will be the appearance of that boy from future to help out FT .. But ya he just seems like a trump card.. until and unless as said before that he has been just shown there as a proof that FT will survive.. but that also does not seem probable.. just for the fact that the chapter name was dedicated to him...

ca12nag3
June 03, 2011, 09:14 AM
The biggest asspull will be the appearance of that boy from future to help out FT .. But ya he just seems like a trump card.. until and unless as said before that he has been just shown there as a proof that FT will survive.. but that also does not seem probable.. just for the fact that the chapter name was dedicated to him...

Look the boy has been shown as a big marker here and now. But think about it for a second. Laxus is at a unknown location, Jelal is locked in prison. Caprico could show up but thats kinda weird, especialy that a spirit shouldnt be outclassing a realy strong mage anyways. After all hes summoned by magic. Might sound harsh but yeah its just so.

Ero-Sanji
June 03, 2011, 09:28 AM
Look the boy has been shown as a big marker here and now. But think about it for a second. Laxus is at a unknown location, Jelal is locked in prison. Caprico could show up but thats kinda weird, especialy that a spirit shouldnt be outclassing a realy strong mage anyways. After all hes summoned by magic. Might sound harsh but yeah its just so.

That's just it, Laxus is at an unknown location, Jelal is in prison and Caprico, I don't really see why people brought him up, but the kid is either in the past or more likely in the future. To actually bring him to this time in this situation is by far the biggest ass pull ever, hehe, it would even outshine Bleach's most ridiculous moments. I don't know why Mashima brought him up but I hope he doesn't bring a kid over who suddenly starts to beat the crap out of people.

ca12nag3
June 03, 2011, 09:30 AM
That's just it, Laxus is at an unknown location, Jelal is in prison and Caprico, I don't really see why people brought him up, but the kid is either in the past or more likely in the future. To actually bring him to this time in this situation is by far the biggest ass pull ever, hehe, it would even outshine Bleach's most ridiculous moments. I don't know why Mashima brought him up but I hope he doesn't bring a kid over who suddenly starts to beat the crap out of people.

You should read more of mashimas works then to know how his mind works ^^, timetravel,magical abilities, tossing in new characters and multiple dimensions are his thing.

Ninja_Pirate
June 03, 2011, 09:32 AM

Yes true .. all of them are useless for this arc atleast... caprico is in the real world for so long and definitely his magic power is not at its fullest ..may be not half.. and as shown azuma took the magic power of everyone but erza.. and erza is down.. and i really dont want her to get up after the statement of his presence disappeared has been shown in manga..that would be too much... but we as reader should not expect an outside help.. since then it could be anything.. and yes we can guess but hitting at point is difficult.. and considering the given options..

fairy glitter seems to be the answer... it is the magic that repels anyone who is not considered as true part of guild as happened with cana when she reached the grave and tried touching it ... And now its the magic of mavis and is also the part of t he magic running through the island which azuma is using.. i guess it will just turn against him at some point of time.. or for erza to get up.. one scenario could be made that its the land's magic azuma is using.. may be it didn't hurt Erza... and she is ready for a surprise attack... so that are the options from available resources.. but still there is a possibility of that boy to appear since he has been shown .., that also with the chapter title dedicated to him...OR any thing else from outside(to any of the wildest imagination if people just like to pass time guessing around)

RaveDragon
June 03, 2011, 10:50 AM
its funny how the threads begin to repeat themselves over and over again when the chapter has been out a bit? it'd be way more constructive if instead of reiterating old ideas/topics you thought of new ideas.

that said, laxus is in no way going to make it. look at how long it took gildartz, fried and bixlow to get back and they were only half way back to the main island. we have no idea where laxus is but you can be sure he was on the mainland. he's not going to get there so soon after gildartz and co did.

fairy tail will not pull through on their own. someone else will step in. who? we don't know, theres no way to predict the story now and constantly rehashing old ideas is pointless.

im surprised no ones mentioned lucy's spirits, caprico and leo can come out and live in the human realm especially long on their own and i dont think are branded with the mark of fairy tail anymore. they could put up a fight with azuma. (caprico especially also being a 7-kin would have to be on a similarish level)

but leo is injured. caprico is not.

a plot line I'm looking forward to eventually is the spirit realm. for all we know, caprico and leo when they returned would've seen the spirit king, spirit king would be all like "wtf caprico where've you been" and "wtf leo why you so hurt" then step in and cut the fight. or he might even have them take refuge in the spirit realm. this has about a 0.0000000000001 possibility but at least its new.

Lol ive mentioned capricorn some time ago and im not the only one, a lot of us are pretty sure he's involved in something maybe this arc or next arc =]

Loki does in fact have the fairy tail tattoo. He showed it before the test.

What if capricorn takes part in this though, has anyone considered this yet? He was left alone somewhere in the island after loki saved him so perhaps he is still around and willing to fight for lucy. He is not a mage of fairy tail per say so he should be able to fight. Perhaps his power can be of use to help erza finish the fight.

actually i think it was mentioned they both went into the spirit world to heal up but hey him saving the day pretending he's still zoldeo is not far fetched he can come back for those guys

as for the boy in the future or whatnot i think we will all be surprised how we got it all wrong like bad or partly right but theres more.

Ultear might not be able to resurrect the tree because it could be more than just a normal tree thus her magic may not be enough to work on it and tbh when she turns nice and helps the guys ill believe it only when its drawn :-_- i mean till now she hasnt shown much help but there is a possibility.