PDA

View Full Version : Powers Which SH do you think is the most compatible with the entire Rokushiki style?

Shojin
May 22, 2011, 03:07 PM
And when I say the entire style, I mean the whole thing (and yes, including the hidden seventh technique, Rokuougan) since most of the time when we talk about strawhats with rokushiki, its always about which technique would fit this member or that member yadayada, you know what I mean. Well this time, this is about who would be the most suitible for the ENTIRE style itself (as in who's overall abilities are the most compatible with the style).

And please be 100% honest and logical.

Edit: Need I inform you all that It's not about who needs it. Its about who can use the entire style to the fullest if they had learned it. Also as in who's abilities can make the most out of the style more then everyone else in the crew (DF abilites included).

Dekker
May 22, 2011, 04:41 PM
Zoro, Sanji and Luffy, because they are the only ones that really fight with a style that at least seems similar to what you can improve via rokushiki. We saw Momonga use rokushiki while fighting with a sword and Luffy already "used" rokushiki (yeah I know its not exactly the same, but close enough) by coming up with gear second and Sanji is like the most basic fighter of them all.

kudo-kun
May 22, 2011, 04:55 PM
Chopper + Rumble ball: seems to have gotten most of it (Kung fu point, gard point, jumping point...).
Sanji with his "blue walk" seems to be getting closer to "moon walk" (geppo), but Sanji would never use Shigan ("finger gun") due to his principles.

Uriel
May 22, 2011, 07:30 PM
Sanji overall has show more body-dependent techniques so I would say He's the most suitable character to use it. Even if Luffy and Zoro are capable enough to master them, I think it doesn't suits their style.

Sanji in the other side as was shown in the manga has developed somewhat a similar skill (If you see when He "runs" in the water, similar to jump in the air)

ErosVp
May 22, 2011, 09:42 PM
Luffy, Zoro, Sanji and Chopper! But I don't think they would master all the styles, just the ones they would seem fit to complement their own style... I don't see anyone of them using shigan...

vagabond87
May 23, 2011, 01:27 AM
Robin ;) 1000 arms shigan would be deadly :P Thats not my own idea but it really clicks for me.

ErosVp
May 23, 2011, 06:00 AM
Robin ;) 1000 arms shigan would be deadly :P Thats not my own idea but it really clicks for me.

LOL! That would be crazy! Robin could even take the spot number 4 from Franky....

Jorge D. Dragon
May 23, 2011, 06:09 AM
Actually I always wanted Mugivaras to learn at least basic Rokushiki moves to enhance themselves for the New World.
I believe that Luffy, Zoro and Sanji are really compatible with Rokushiki style. I can see others also learning some moves, but they won't fit them as good as for the Monster Trio.

Ninja_Pirate
May 23, 2011, 01:58 PM
Usopp uses rokuogan as reject anyways.. for which lucci said comes to the one who masters all six.... Lol if usopp absorbs somehow rokuogan in reject and on face of lucci REJECT... lucci with a snot hanging from nose.. Gyahhhhhhsss :p

Dekker
May 23, 2011, 02:07 PM
Usopp uses rokuogan as reject anyways.. for which lucci said comes to the one who masters all six.... Lol if usopp absorbs somehow rokuogan in reject and on face of lucci REJECT... lucci with a snot hanging from nose.. Gyahhhhhhsss :p

What? Can you please refraise what you want to say?

Ninja_Pirate
May 23, 2011, 02:21 PM
What? Can you please refraise what you want to say?
:darn When luffy got hit by rokuogan he remembered it as the same feeling when he got hit by impact dial but much stronger than that...impact dial is a dial which absorb any kind of impact and than release it later to do the damage,.. However reject dial is way stronger than impact dial so i just compared rokuogan with reject dial usopp had from skyisland... Anyways it was pun intended .. and u tuk the fun out of it asking abt it :( :-_-

kkck
May 23, 2011, 04:44 PM
I agree with the monster trio and chopper. Robin would make brutal use of it too although not of all the style.

Luffy would definitely benefit from all of it as he is a purely melee fighter. A gattling gun with shigan would reduce his enemies to nothing. Everything about rokushiki would benefit luffy IMO.

Zoro would use everything but shigan and perhaps the air blade thing. Everything else is good though.

Sanji would benefit from all of it. Shigan kicks would be dangerous, specially if you add diable jambe.

CHopper with his forms and balls would probably be one of the more brutal users. He could perhaps fit a form to a particular rokushiki technique.

Robin would take shigan and the air blade to a new level. She would trash anything in her sight easily IMO.

Shojin
May 23, 2011, 04:57 PM
^Don't forget that she can greatly make use of geppou as well since she can also use it offensively (such as sprouting legs out of her enemies and use the technique to disrupt thier movements) as well as for support (like sprouting legs out of civilians, items, or allies and use the technique to carry them to safety, whether be to longer distances or higher grounds).

Uriel
May 23, 2011, 08:59 PM
Robin fruit allows her to develop various techniques around Rokushiki to number them. If She dominates it I think she's very capable of taking a whole army by herself. Maybe more.

Imagine a wall of Tekkai-hands, billions of shigan fingers, million geppou legs. The sky is the limit! And maybe the sky is saying little considering She can actually fly.

Aikidoka
May 30, 2011, 08:15 PM
Sanji's the martial artist of the SH crew, so he was the no-brainer for me. Seeing all these posts in favor of Robin though are interesting. Her possible applications of the style might convince me to change my vote...

Anduren
May 30, 2011, 11:15 PM
If the question is who of the strawhats are most compatible with the entire Rukushiki style, I would have to say Luffy. He is a hand to hand fighter and uses both close range, mid range and long range attacks using his physical body. His gear 2nd gives his body the ability to keep up with the kind of training to be able to learn Rokushiki (example: how fast he learned soru). Tekkai would also greatly enhance his ability to take damage combined with his rubber body, and shigan + gomu gomu no pistol = basically a real piercing gun :amuse. I guess also gomu gomu no gataling (by how it looks and works) is as close to a rokuogun as anything else I've seen in One Piece too even though its like a comparatively weaker version.

Zoro, I think is out of the question since he wouldn't bother learning something like shigan when he has a sword for each hand and mouth (no real place to have free fingers).

Sanji is also out of the question since as a chef he refuses to use his hands in combat, and by extension, not learn or use shigan.

Nami, Usopp and Robin, I don't think would go to the trouble of extensive physical training to learn Rokushiki...they weren't meant to be physical hand to hand fighters and have always used strategy in their battles.

Chopper is a herbivore type Zoan and also a doctor. Simply put, I don't think even if he was capable of it, that he would want to learn to fight in that way. But the types of attacks he's used so far (guard point: tekkai, jumping point: geppo, arm point: shigan, etc) makes it possible for him to be able to learn all of Rokushiki and he seems to be fairly compatible with the style.

I would rule out Brook for the same reason as Zoro.

As for Franky....who needs rokushiki when your hands shoot real bullets and your body is made of real steel? For all we know, since the time skip he can shoot beams too :wtf

Shojin
May 30, 2011, 11:54 PM
I think its about time for me to give a more thorough explanation as to why I think Robin is the most compatible for the style. When I look back at what Lucci said about zoan fruits being the most favored among martial artists, it had me thinking and at the end, I can see his point as most paramecia fruits are not very well suited for fighting styles like rokushiki. However I do believe that there are a few paramecia fruits out there that fit perfectly with the style and the Hana Hana fruit is one of them do to the potential amount of versatility one would gain from it as its one of the few fruits out there that can truly use the style to the fullest in all aspects. As we all know by now, the fruit's abilities are fantastic for battle and support so imagine how versatile its capabilities can be in both when combined with Rokushiki. Now granted, without the fruit, Robin would be no more compatible than Nami, in fact she would of been even less compatible than Nami.But with the fruit, she is far more compatible than most people think she is. And dare I say that if she were to be given proper mental and physical training, along with mastering the absolute depths of her powers to its fullest, she would of become one of the most powerful rokushiki users in the OP world.

Now with that being said, thats not saying that Luffy can't use the style to the fullest with his powers since his compatibility with the style is questionable IMO, along with Chopper being another likely candidate as well as he can also do wonders with that style. But the one thing that I can't understand for the life of me is how the hell can Sanji be the most compatible with the style despite the obvious flaws and limitations that easily prevents him from being the most compatible in the first place? Seriously, I think people are HIGHLY overestimating his compatibility with the style, which is quite ridiculous tbh. -_-

Ninja_Pirate
May 31, 2011, 02:05 AM
The thread is so totally talks about the compatibility with the techniques... but talking about robin we r just talking about to whom the technique will be most beneficial to // Yes true if it comes to .. that everyone will get rokushiki style to be used just as gift than out of all robin can utilize the techniques to the most considering she can just create no. of limbs...

But when it comes to being compatible with the technique i would say that for 'being compatible to rokushiki style one must have hard trained muscles for it and must have undergone vigorous training. So definitely most compatible body in that sense should be for luffy, zoro, sanji.. may be usopp considering he has done some muscle development in two years... chopper since he can build up such body with rumble ball .. and also has developed kung fu point and dont know what else... brrok does not have muscles for it.. robin and nami are fragile.. franky does not fit since he is no muscle but metal :p ,...

kkck
May 31, 2011, 10:28 AM
CHopper could perhaps have the most applications of it though. He already knows kung fuu, his normal fruit transformations and rumble balls. Add kamie (spelling?) and you got someone extremely dangerous. He could perhaps have as many applications of it as robin....

hokageji
May 31, 2011, 10:58 AM
isnt it mentioned that zoantropes suit the rokushiki style the best?

its gotta be chopper.... robin can be deadly, but her fighting style does not suit rokushiki, he just uses them to clutch and slap, i cant see her use shiganetc...

luffy would be useful, but luffys mastered haki now..

zoro, i dont know, his fighting style deals with more aggression than defense... and besides he's a swordsmen..

sanji, definately...

ussop... long range..... no point

franky ... metal man, so no..

brookes..... he needs no rokushiki, hes bad to the bone.....

kkck
May 31, 2011, 12:04 PM
What does haki have to do with rokushiki? Heck, vice admirals have haki, rokushiki and devil fruit abilities lol....

hokageji
June 07, 2011, 03:25 AM
Well Haki is one level above, why would wanna use Tekkai when u can use busoshou haki? That is what I meant when I said Luffy has Haki and does not need rokushiki...

besides, I dont think rokushiki can be use to attack logia users, shigan wont work on crocodile. but busoshou will.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 07, 2011, 05:05 AM
hokageji
Rokushiki is an upgrade for anyone, cause it increase your Doriki (attacking power) and so you can hit harder, run quicker, have tougher body, can run in the air. No matter how you look at it, it's great.:)

daman246
June 07, 2011, 07:21 AM
Rokushoki is more for ppl that arent capable of using haki but im pretty sure by that luffies friends with the pink hair forgot his name has mastered all styl eof Rokushi and basics or some haki making him much stronger than he was 3years ago

Ninja_Pirate
June 07, 2011, 01:58 PM
Rokushoki is more for ppl that arent capable of using haki but im pretty sure by that luffies friends with the pink hair forgot his name has mastered all styl eof Rokushi and basics or some haki making him much stronger than he was 3years ago

You are talking about coby :p....I am not sure if its more for ppl arent capable of using haki... since there is no point if you can see it but cant block it or dodge it ... and moreover anyways it has been told by the WG doc treating coby that haki is obtained by tough training of years.. and obtaining Rokushoki gaining inhuman strength and passing the limits... and that s the reason its luffy zoro and sanji are the one susceptible to acquire rokushoki style... however i think its not obtainable without precise training.. thus no SH s will gonna obtain such style specifically.. but unknowingly they do use.. like evrytime sanji kicks someone strong and get the same reaction of "wassup with his leg"... that s a tekkai leg :)

kkck
June 08, 2011, 12:45 AM
Well Haki is one level above, why would wanna use Tekkai when u can use busoshou haki? That is what I meant when I said Luffy has Haki and does not need rokushiki...

besides, I dont think rokushiki can be use to attack logia users, shigan wont work on crocodile. but busoshou will.

I don't really think it works that way. Rokushiki and haki are not mutually exclusive. Armor haki can be used to enhance your attack and defense to a great degree. In that regard, using tekkai and haki would obviously be considerably superior to using just haki or just tekkai. Ideally a rokushiki user with haki would combine haki with rokushiki to get the most out of both things.

zelllogan
June 08, 2011, 11:07 AM
Potentially Sanji., Emotionally Zoro

Sanji don't want to use his hands ... So I don't see him doing shigan or rokougan any time soon. But as a martial artist, he should be the one closest to master rokushiki.

matzik1212
June 08, 2011, 12:56 PM
i think the monster trio could master rokushiki and even if luffy masters haki now it doesn't mean that those abilities wouldn't be useful , after all it isn't that easy to use haki so that would work just fine IMO ......now i'm very curious to see what they learned this past 2y , maybe we will get a little surprise and see one of them using this style :D

kkck
June 08, 2011, 01:05 PM
I don't get why haki would make rokushiki useless. I get the impression some people think of haki as they would of devil fruit abilities or a specific martial art but IMO that is absurd in itself. Obviously haki has very specific abilities and extreme uses in battle but in itself haki is something which can be found in any living being. It is a generic trait of living creatures. The notion that such a thing can replace martial arts or devil fruit abilities is borderline absurd. Haki is meant to enhance both of those, not replace them. Haki does not make rokushiki potentially useless for the user, if anything it would enhance it to a level which would make lucci, a master of it as far as we know, look like a harmless kitty.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

And sanji could use shigan with his toes lol. He could perhaps use shigan with his fingertips to get a better hold of the ground when he fights too....

KnivesTaichou
June 13, 2011, 03:59 PM
Usopp is the best one at taking techniques from everywhere he's been and using them when it's most appropiate. He's intuitive which means he would use rokushiki as a secondary weapon instead of letting it take over the way he fought. Plus he could be the first person to do shigan with his nose.

Naruffy
June 15, 2011, 08:43 AM
Robin would be the most interesting, but Sanji easily the most compatible, since he's the only one that dosen't use a weapon/has a devil fruit.

kkck
June 15, 2011, 09:44 AM
I don't think weapons would be a detterent for using rokushiki in this case. Remember kaku? he was as much as a swordsman as zoro is and he still used pretty much every form of rokushiki.

LeKuaSimi
June 16, 2011, 09:25 AM
Usopp is the best one at taking techniques from everywhere he's been and using them when it's most appropiate. He's intuitive which means he would use rokushiki as a secondary weapon instead of letting it take over the way he fought. Plus he could be the first person to do shigan with his nose.

Not really. That giraffe guy (kaku I think) already used shigan with his nose.

khaja_200923
August 20, 2011, 02:10 PM
by kicking pacifista's head using diable jamble and breaking it's neck we can say sanji leg's are as hard as iron so tekkai should be no problem. by his blue walk speed we can say soru is the easiest for him. he has already shown geppo aka air walk. he cant do shigan with his fingers but he can already do it by his legs.
i cant say anything about air slash because slashing is not his style.

SHeeDeD
October 12, 2011, 01:30 AM
Sanji wins by 46%. who i voted for

Kyodai Senkan Mora
October 13, 2011, 03:03 AM
Sanji does not normally use his hands in battle...shigan wouldn't be in character...the rest of the techniques i can easily see him using....i think though that luffy is the most suitable given he was the first to adapt a rokushiki move in his arsenal...soru....i think luffys use of bushoshoku koka is an improvement on tekkai and his snakeshot an improvement on shigan...his use of COA to avoid high speed attacks defeats the purpose of having kamie...I would love it if he learnt geppou from watching Sanji,rankyaku and eventually rokuougan in conjunction with his haki....maybe a future timeskip halfway thru shin sekai under Garp's tutelage

kkck
October 13, 2011, 11:21 PM
I would still think sanji or luffy would still benefit from rokushiki more than the rest. Luffy in particular seems to be getting a lot of inspiration from it. He has soru, then something that could easily replace tekkai. I guess his snake shot could be something inspired by shigan, I had not thought about that. I would love to see kamie with luffy. His body is limber enough as it is, his fruit would enable him to take the thing to an entire new level. Lucci was able to change battle modes with his kamie, something similar applied to luffy would be brutal. Perhaps even a next step for his gears as he could actually have something like speed modes, strength modes and further enhance his gear 2 and 3. Chopper would be interesting in that regard too. His seven forms + kamie could be brutal.

Sanji already has geppo, but I would also like to see ryankaku. Overall sanji lacks range which and ryankaku would solve that instantly. It'd be interesting to see a combination of that and diable jambe, imaging flying air blades of fire lol. It'd be interesting to see him using shigan with his feet too. Flaming cannonballls lol.

White Silver King
October 17, 2011, 07:05 PM
Robin by an enourmous margin. Her use of Shigan and Rankyaku are enough to make her such. Can you imagine the 1000 Shigans/Rankyakus coming from literally all directions? Or a giant Shigan/Rankyaku coming from one of her giant apendages. Either could take out huge numbers of enemies or Giants with ease. But also her Soru could be better than anyone's on the planet. It gets its power from kicking the ground 10 times very fast, but what if she made 10 more legs? Her Soru would be 5x faster than anyone elses. She could hit people with her Tekkai'd limbs for mass strength and don't even get me started on Rokugan.

kkck
October 17, 2011, 09:08 PM
I would question whether robin has the physical prowess to use rokushiki though. Overall, she does not use much physical strength but rather very advance uses of her fruit. In that regard, I could imagine her fingers breaking from trying to use shigan lol. He fruit seems to be perfect for rokushiki but due to her physical strength she would be severely limited. Luffy, chopper and chopper would still benefit more from it, they have the physical prowess and the techiques to boost with rokushiki (the more I think luffy using rokushiki the more brutal it seems lol).

White Silver King
October 17, 2011, 09:25 PM
In terms of right here right now strength, Luffy wins. But IMO Robin holds the most potential.