PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Zombie Powder by Kubo Tite

ichigo83
December 23, 2006, 11:43 PM
So I was at the book store the other day and I noticed the book Zombie Powder. Tite Kubo being the other caught my eye, so I decided to read it. Anyone else read this? What are your thoughts or ideas on it?

mugen
December 23, 2006, 11:55 PM
it got cancelled
so there's not much of it..

ichigo83
December 24, 2006, 12:11 AM
So the story just ends aburptly or does it rap up?...Im wondering whether or not I should continue reading the rest of the story.

_ATMA
December 24, 2006, 01:29 AM
i had heard he stoped writing it there was to mcuh explicit things like sex and stuff and couldnt get it really published so he droped it and started to write bleach instead

Maxy Barnard
December 24, 2006, 06:34 AM
pah. it was an editors decision with no further information available, aside from the obvious rumour that tites mental health wasnt good enough to warrant him continuing (as in volume 3s slip suggesting)

and zombie powder is still one of the best mangas out there, even if the ending is inconclusive and annoying.

ichigo83
December 24, 2006, 09:30 AM
Bleach is much much much better in my opinion.

Dragonzair
December 24, 2006, 10:11 AM
i had heard he stoped writing it there was to mcuh explicit things like sex and stuff and couldnt get it really published so he droped it and started to write bleach instead

Not really. There wasn't a single thing with those in it. It was a typical Shounen title. And quite good.

I quite liked it. :( I wish Kubo had continued, but it was said that not enugh people read it so he got discouraged and stopped during the middle of Volume 4, or something. It was getting interesting as well...

Bleach is much much much better in my opinion.

Actually, I think it'd be just as good as Bleach if he ever continued. You can't really compare a 25 volume manga which is still going strong and continuing, with a cut short Volume 4 manga. :)

If you guys have the time to read it, I suggest you do so.

You'd be surprised and amused to see alot of characters resembling alot of Bleach characters now. And theri personalities even. :rofl It's hilarious. XD

ichigo83
December 24, 2006, 01:18 PM
Actually, I think it'd be just as good as Bleach if he ever continued. You can't really compare a 25 volume manga which is still going strong and continuing, with a cut short Volume 4 manga. :)

I guess your right about the comparison between a 4 Volume manga and a 25 volume manga. I think Gamma Akutabi is pretty cool too.

Merry Christmas! :santa

Dragonzair
December 25, 2006, 04:00 AM
Merry Christmas to you too ^_^

And yeah, Gamma's cool too. He has bits and pieces of Ichigo in him too. But I like that girl more. But I can't rmember her anme >< The reporter...

And too bad Kubo stopped there...I wanted to know more about Gamma's back story.

Maxy Barnard
December 25, 2006, 05:37 PM
wolfgangina lola ghetto or something. yeah, im too lazy to grab my viz release.
and the art to me had a lot more going for it (the clean-ness and crispness particularly), and perhaps if there wasnt the mystery ending, itd still be going strong now. but then thered be no bleach. damn. honestly, itd just be nice if he went back to it with a series of specials or something when hes done with bleach. in 2015. or something

NeoShweaty
December 25, 2006, 05:45 PM
i never read this series but if it is as good as some of you say, than i might as well try it.

I_M, your right about one thing, bleach will end a long long time from now but i doubt any mangaka has gone back and "finished" a series that was cancelled.

Maxy Barnard
December 25, 2006, 06:36 PM
yeah, but i enjoy hoping

NeoShweaty
December 25, 2006, 08:26 PM
yeah, but i enjoy hoping

you and me both. (well for me it is in regards to shaman king)

Maxy Barnard
December 26, 2006, 04:09 PM
oh, im also that way with my thoughts

Silhouette
December 28, 2006, 01:47 AM
I read Zombie powder and it was excellent imo. However, I wouldn't recommend reading it because it gets better and better then it comes to a sudden stop!

HumanRage
December 28, 2006, 12:30 PM
damn cool, a pity it's unfinished :/

a manga where the hero "is strong and is well aware of that, so kicks ass without mercy" would have been a nice reading :D

B.astard! is somewhat in same style (hero is strong and is aware of it), worth reading too

Nabari
February 13, 2007, 01:56 AM
: D I really wish it would continue.
I was shocked when I realized that that was it.

The girl from Zombie Powder...she looks like the sister of Ichigo's friend (forgot his name).

shaman-king
April 08, 2007, 02:14 AM
Zombie powder was pretty good i wish it was continued.

thegeekykitty
June 10, 2007, 01:58 AM
Actually, I thought that it was one of the best manga's that I've ever read. If it didn't stop so abruptly and so soon, it would have earned a spot in my icon. The plot really caught you and the characters were deep. And what really gets you is the fact that it stopped right when the plot was fully set up and ready to go. If he ever picked up the story again, I'd be the first to continue reading. Sex? None. There wasn't even a nude scene. Violence? It fit into the storyline per-fect-ly.

See, IF it ever continued, it would definately be my favorite manga.

jZuave
June 16, 2007, 12:10 PM
is there a link to download the manga?

ibra87
June 16, 2007, 12:53 PM
is there a link to download the manga?

You can find it on Mangatraders (http://www.mangatraders.com/files/manga/zombie_powder), but you'd need to register first.

Reiya
July 24, 2007, 01:06 AM
It is actually one of the few titles that should have continued... My dad even liked it.

ryusuke_
July 24, 2007, 02:34 PM
I read the first chapters of Zombie Powder and I really hated (and then dropped) it...

Black_butterly
August 01, 2007, 09:01 PM
You know i hate to see a piece of art like Zombie Powder die out like that, so i hope that one day when i do reach my goal on becoming a fantasy arthur i could ask Tite Kubo to continue, that i can promise cause i hate not hearing a end to a story. (oh and my first book should be made by 2008 august).

hhv94
August 01, 2007, 11:41 PM
that last graphic novel of Zombie had a note on it that said that the author would eventualy continue it again in the future. Although its very unclear. But yeah its a shame it ended so abruptly.

Black_butterly
August 02, 2007, 12:44 PM
that last graphic novel of Zombie had a note on it that said that the author would eventualy continue it again in the future. Although its very unclear. But yeah its a shame it ended so abruptly.

I am not saying i dont belive you but anyway you can show us that in a photo i got to see it

hhv94
August 02, 2007, 09:42 PM
If you go to the first page of the volume 4 theres the note from Kubo on the graphic novel from VIZ.
Kubos note on Page 1.

"This is the fourth volume. I'll have to part with these characters until the next time I continue this story."

Hecate
August 16, 2007, 08:46 PM
how long ago was that, though? hes been at bleach for a while now... even his art style has changed a bit. i'd prefer zombie powder was unfinished and as good as it is than continued with teh art not teh same. pity it was dropped, i dont understand what his editors were thinking...

Azurel
August 17, 2007, 04:26 AM
It was quite interesting. I thought Gamma was a cool character. But the reporter with her tripod stand was kinda lame. I paused midway through the story and decided not to continue it when I realized there was onli 4 volume. I didn't even noe the manga was dropped until I looked here. :amuse

D.I.B.A
August 22, 2007, 06:58 PM
It was quite interesting. I thought Gamma was a cool character. But the reporter with her tripod stand was kinda lame. I paused midway through the story and decided not to continue it when I realized there was onli 4 volume. I didn't even noe the manga was dropped until I looked here. :amuse
Yea true she was abit useless, but you should read til the end its still good and isnt there a way i can do somthing lik if i gte enough signatures i could bring it back like once bleach is done?

bluflamez
September 07, 2007, 08:47 PM
ITS so gooodd but they cut it short =/ i wonder if we can get him to start on it again... that would be nice

D.I.B.A
September 23, 2007, 04:00 PM
ITS so gooodd but they cut it short =/ i wonder if we can get him to start on it again... that would be nice
i am sure if people do there homework they should find a way