PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Princess Shirahoshi is One of ancient weapon?

kanmati
May 25, 2011, 11:16 AM
What do you think Guys?

ZERO PHOENIX
May 25, 2011, 11:28 AM
And you're basing this on what? :-_-

kanmati
May 25, 2011, 11:42 AM
- its legends
- it happened centuries ago.
- power can change the world or Destroy the World <"can sink everything to ocean" otohime quotes (sound a weapon to me)>

all above show characteristic Legendary of ancient weapon.

Jorge D. Dragon
May 25, 2011, 11:54 AM
Actually Ancient Weapons are real weapons and not people.
We can base it on those blueprints that were destroyed by Franky.

kanmati
May 25, 2011, 12:09 PM
Oda is unpredictable.Some Weapon might be human being.

Jorge D. Dragon
May 25, 2011, 12:16 PM
It's up to Oda, so I won't deny such a posibility, but still World Government actually believe that they are actual weapons and since they are hystorical facts from the Void Century, so I believe they know what they are. They just don't know where to get them.

kkck
May 25, 2011, 02:15 PM
Poseidon perhaps? It would fit in the sense that controlling the sea kings means absolute and unquesitionable control of every inch of the oceans. Even an admirals would not be capable of getting to the princess if the way was blocked by an organized army of sea kings. Whoever controls the sea kings rules the oceans, it is that simple....

ibi
May 25, 2011, 06:23 PM
Maybe there are no weapons with powers, but the people who orginally had the weapons had that power, so it was thought and passed down through legend that it was the weapons that gave them that power, when really it was just special legendary traits.

For example, if the original person who could call sea kings, carried a trident, then the legend might be passed down that anyone who had that weapon could call sea kings and sink the world.

All the legendary weapons are just people who are in the stories written in the accounts on the poneglyphs, thats why robin didn't understand why the poneglyph was just an account of history in arabasta.

That actually isn't a bad theory, i impressed myself lol

kkck
May 25, 2011, 08:03 PM
Well, franky definitely had blueprints with something that could be built so it is unquestionable that at least that weapon is an object. It is possible the poseidon might have been a codename for a sea king controller though as we have no specifications about it. I guess the legendary weapons can be actual weapons and exceptional people, it would fit.

Uriel
May 26, 2011, 04:33 AM
I'll say no because I think that the ancient weapons can be used at any point in the timeline, this power seems to jump over generations of mermaid princesses.

Black Hawk
May 26, 2011, 07:31 AM
I don´t think shirahoshi is the ultimate Weapon, on which fact i go out. One fact stand in the earlier post the blueprints of Franky was an real weapon.
I mean King Neptun and Boss Jimbei can call Whale´s, Meermaids can call any kind of Fish. Those People not call as a Weapon. Shirahoshi is not calles to destroy the world, she is the one who can change the World.

ibi
May 26, 2011, 08:13 AM
I don´t think shirahoshi is the ultimate Weapon, on which fact i go out. One fact stand in the earlier post the blueprints of Franky was an real weapon.
I mean King Neptun and Boss Jimbei can call Whale´s, Meermaids can call any kind of Fish. Those People not call as a Weapon. Shirahoshi is not calles to destroy the world, she is the one who can change the World.

yeah but the ship is an exceptional ship
and shirhoshi is exceptional at calling fish

kkck
May 26, 2011, 08:26 AM
You can't compare whales to sea kings. As far as we have seen, sea kings are actually more numerous and most likely even larger than whales. On top of that sea kings are actually more dangerous than whales as they really are more akin to monsters. Seriously, the ones shirahoshi called were about the size of fishman island lol. Controlling whales would be like controlling a herd of harmless and small sheep compared to controlling sea kings. Shirahoshi has way too much power for her own good right now.

ibi
May 26, 2011, 08:36 AM
Or it could be a special colour of haki

kkck
May 26, 2011, 10:04 AM
I don't think mermaid's ability to communicate with sea creatures has anything to do with haki lol. All mermen have the ability to communicate with fish, it is special merfolk who have the ability to communicate with more significant sea creatures. I wonder about jinbe's ability to communicate with whale sharks though, are fishmen supposed to be able to do that?

matzik1212
May 26, 2011, 01:55 PM
i don't think her powers have anything to do with the ancient weapons and the mere thought of her personally being one of those weapons seems absurd IMO :blink...i mean hello the girl born that way and it's not like someone modified her into an weapon ....like it was said in the legend every few centuries a mermaid with such great power is born so this definitely can't be the case

kkck
May 26, 2011, 04:20 PM
Well, her being born that way is exactly the problem here. Her power has nothing but military applications. Who or what could possibly deal with her power? Her power is so great a mere whim of her could result in sea kings sinking an island. Military applications of her power are nothing short of endless in a world where traveling is mostly done by sea to such an absurd degree. This is without a doubt the greatest power the manga has introduced, it would be entirely possible for the person who wields it to be referred to as a weapon by ancient cultures.

Jorge D. Dragon
May 27, 2011, 02:25 AM
Shirahoshi's power is great and tremendous, but still if World Government wants her they will get her, cause we clearly saw the power of Admirals during the War at Marineford and during all the manga. Kizaru and Akainu can literary destroy an entire Island with their power if they become serious and Ao Kiji can freeze a big part of the Ocean, so it doesn't actually matter how many Sea Kings she can bring, they will still prevail.

Ninja_Pirate
May 27, 2011, 05:02 AM
So you literally meant that the ancient weapon you are referring to be princess appear only in decades and was not present in the world before princess born :p.. or it just reappeared after decades and was not in existence all this time

Black Hawk
May 27, 2011, 08:51 AM
For which one are Seakings really dangerous for real. I mean we was see it in early Chapters, any person who has Haki and can Control it, can stop seakings. Shanks do it by safeing Ruffy, a Marine Vice-Admiral kill already one, Rayliegh laugh over dem and swim with them.
It´s only interisting to control Seakings, im Calm Belt and Deep Water.
For me will this no wonder if ruffy can frighten a Seaking, like the kraken on the Way to FMI.

This Ability can never be called a acnient Weapon. Ancient Weapon is for me, Frankys Poseidon. Which can destroy complete Island´s.

NoLimit89
May 28, 2011, 08:20 AM
Shirahoshi's power is great and tremendous, but still if World Government wants her they will get her, cause we clearly saw the power of Admirals during the War at Marineford and during all the manga. Kizaru and Akainu can literary destroy an entire Island with their power if they become serious and Ao Kiji can freeze a big part of the Ocean, so it doesn't actually matter how many Sea Kings she can bring, they will still prevail.

which is fantastic because Luffy becomes his most powerful self when he tries to protect his nakama. Would make for some epic action in the future.

Jorge D. Dragon
May 28, 2011, 03:18 PM
Luffy is always in the center of action and he is always saying that she is a crybaby. She can't control her power, so I don't believe she will join. Without this power she is totally useless and if WG knows about such power within her they will try to catch her.
Luffy gets stronger, when he protects his friends, but he isn't invincible and he isn't strong enough to take down an Admiral, so I don't believe that she will join the crew.

sh4dx
May 28, 2011, 03:41 PM
For all those who are confused.The Sea Kings shirahoshi summoned are MUCH bigger than anyone else until now.Either the one momonga or rayliegh killed,the ones shirahoshi summoned could EASILY eat them.Also until now only Sea MONSTERS were tamed.Her power it's quite big,but as someone said above there are plenty chars that can overpower those Sea Kings.

Ninja_Pirate
May 28, 2011, 11:59 PM
I think with all the discussion it is pretty evident that the topic of the thread should be changed to.. "how important princess power is?" or something in that line.. she is not an ancient weapon for sure :p

Jorge D. Dragon
May 29, 2011, 03:22 AM
I agree. Ancient Weapons are human-made weapons. At least one of them is confirmed to be it. And I believe that Five Elder Stars would have known the true identity of Ancient Weapons, cause they know everything about Void Century.
Shirahoshi's power is quite good, but she isn't an Ancinet Weapon unless we will be proven wrong by Oda.

kkck
May 29, 2011, 07:46 PM
There should be a maybe option in the poll

Ero-Sanji
May 30, 2011, 12:22 PM
Poseidon perhaps? It would fit in the sense that controlling the sea kings means absolute and unquesitionable control of every inch of the oceans. Even an admirals would not be capable of getting to the princess if the way was blocked by an organized army of sea kings. Whoever controls the sea kings rules the oceans, it is that simple....

No, probably not Poseidon. Shiki mentioned that Roger found it and since the only weapon, so far, that Roger has had knowledge of is Poseidon it's probably the one he found. Now if he found Poseidon than the legend wouldn't be such a legend, no? I mean the queen talked like if the last person that had the power was someone who lived centuries ago and Shirahoshi is more or less in the century of Roger.

I personally don't think Shirahoshi is an ancient weapon but instead a wielder of a legendary power.

kkck
May 30, 2011, 12:38 PM
Obviously it would not be shirahoshi herself who was the ancient weapon (DUH) lol. It is overwhelmenly obvious we would be talking about a previous incarnation or the sea king controlling mermaid princess. Don't want to offend anyone but I feel dumb just writting this lol, we all know shirahoshi is a teenager.

as for roger knowing poseidon.... It is still possible he merely figured out that long ago there was a mermaid princess who could control sea kings.

Ninja_Pirate
May 30, 2011, 01:59 PM
Even if princess turnout to be a weapon.. she is not ancient for sure :p .. anyone can tell by just looking at her.. or oda s drawing is confusing :blink .... and dont say for counter argument say that the legend is ancient.. because legend is legend not ancient :p

Ero-Sanji
May 30, 2011, 02:40 PM
Obviously it would not be shirahoshi herself who was the ancient weapon (DUH) lol. It is overwhelmenly obvious we would be talking about a previous incarnation or the sea king controlling mermaid princess. Don't want to offend anyone but I feel dumb just writting this lol, we all know shirahoshi is a teenager.

as for roger knowing poseidon.... It is still possible he merely figured out that long ago there was a mermaid princess who could control sea kings.

I wonder why you feel dumb?
No one mentioned that she was it... The topic is more or less about her powers being the weapon lol, or am I mistaken?
And even if she was "just" a teenager that doesn't hinder her essence of being an ancient weapon, no? I mean if King wapol were to eat let say Pluto wouldn't he become an ancient weapon?

Anyway, I can't really see her being or having it... whatever, the poseidon since it's pretty clear they are designed and not inherited. Then we have the Deckens who've searched for it but no referring to the name poseidon which should have been mentioned or known of. Instead these weapons are of such that they haven't been seen since the void century while the super mermaid call was available a few centuries ago.

Ninja_Pirate
May 30, 2011, 02:57 PM
I wonder why you feel dumb?
No one mentioned that she was it... The topic is more or less about her powers being the weapon lol, or am I mistaken?
And even if she was "just" a teenager that doesn't hinder her essence of being an ancient weapon, no? I mean if King wapol were to eat let say Pluto wouldn't he become an ancient weapon?

Anyway, I can't really see her being or having it... whatever, the poseidon since it's pretty clear they are designed and not inherited. Then we have the Deckens who've searched for it but no referring to the name poseidon which should have been mentioned or known of. Instead these weapons are of such that they haven't been seen since the void century while the super mermaid call was available a few centuries ago.

"I mean if King wapol were to eat let say Pluto wouldn't he become an ancient weapon?"

Ans- No!!! Pluto only will remain the ancient weapon :p

and we dont know if these weapons havent been seen since the void century... Shiki claimed that Roger is in custody of one or atleast know the location of it...

Ero-Sanji
May 30, 2011, 11:51 PM
I thought Wapol became what he eats...
Eat a cannon become a cannon, eat a house become a house, so, eat an ancient weapon become an ancient weapon.

Shiki said that Roger had discovered one, and probably poseidon, meaning that it's impossible for the super mermaid call to be poseidon since it pops up once every few centuries and now recently it's with Shirahoshi.

bittman
May 31, 2011, 02:13 AM
You know, if the poll was:

Do you think Princess Shirahoshi's powers are somehow linked to the ancient weapons?

Then this entire thread might be quite different. Easy to imagine a scenario where only someone with the ability to communicate with Sea Kings could control an ancient weapon, or something ridiculous like that. In my opinion it's an interesting train of thought that could be explored. Particularly since Fishman Island hasn't been around "historically" that long, yet somehow there's a Poneglyph around. Hmmmmmmm~? (See, I can already theory-piece something here =P )

The power of saying "Hi" to sea kings as an ancient weapon itself though is, as many have already said, isn't really an ancient weapon in itself.

Ratatosk
June 19, 2011, 02:57 PM
According to Van Der Decken, marrying the mermaid with the ability leads to shiny treasure.. (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/88732753/5) Nothing about weapons though.. Although if the power involves talking to sea kings as well as making them do stuff for you, they could probably tell a thing or two about things lost on the seafloor.

lol at Wapol eating Pluton. There's no limits to the potential of his power, but he was so annoying I personally hope he never turns up again..
What if he ate a Pacifista? :D

Chris215
December 07, 2011, 03:25 AM
Seems like EVERYTHING in this topic fell apart after the spoilers for chapter 649.... Sirahoshi = Poseidon!

Oni_James
December 07, 2011, 03:29 AM
Remember, no spoilers outside the topic until 24 hours after the chapter is released.

kanmati
December 07, 2011, 07:03 AM
HAHA. 36 out 38 not believe. I WIN! im superduper happy! :p

$nipe
December 07, 2011, 07:27 AM
Hai guise, just remember not to spoil others. There's a rule about it, is there? Can't find it.

I'm still telling you just in case.

kulugo
December 07, 2011, 09:34 AM
GOOD CALL DUDE.

hehey
December 07, 2011, 01:32 PM
OP is truly a god among men for opredicting this.

Tengou
December 08, 2011, 04:26 AM
I lol'd. Especially at the poll result. Oda must have looked at this thread and went trololololol.

And OP, congrats on your verified prediction.

Black Mirror
December 08, 2011, 03:31 PM
I just want to see OP celebrating.

Damn, OP is ODA XD

BlaZeR
December 09, 2011, 11:12 AM
Now who's laughing?
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/nishthedish/clapq.gif

Uriel
December 09, 2011, 11:44 AM
48hs Spoiler Rule ended for this chapter, so I'm undeleting posts. Any question and you know where to find me.

Kukriblades
December 11, 2011, 06:40 AM
who's the other guy who voted "yes"? he/she deserves some cookies too!

haha, this reminds me to that guy at narutofan forum. He predicted Ace's death and also made a poll about it... many members posted offensive comments on it and only 5% of the voters agreed with him, but look who's laughing now. :D

Never understimate a seemingly impossible theory, especially in the world of One Piece. >:)

kkck
December 11, 2011, 11:01 AM
I think it was me (I did a decent bit defending of the theory early on lol). Might be wrong though.

Uriel
December 11, 2011, 11:04 AM
I think it was me (I did a decent bit defending of the theory early on lol). Might be wrong though.
If YES is on italics, then yes.

I clearly see my "No" in italics xD

kkck
December 11, 2011, 11:19 AM
Ahh, then it was not me lol. Wonder why I did not vote when I actually defended the theory early on lol.... I guess I was not that sure at the time....

ErosVp
December 13, 2011, 02:33 PM
Are you sure Uriel? I was sure I voted No, but there is no italics in either options! Lol

hokageji
December 16, 2011, 01:12 PM
Ok, I see yes in Italics, so I did vote yes.

ErosVp
December 16, 2011, 01:17 PM
Hahahaha! How can we know for sure? XD

Now jokes, aside I think there won't be another weapon person, and maybe the WG will get Uranus or Pluton but if they had it now they would have used against WB....

hokageji
December 16, 2011, 01:38 PM
Well, I am surprised I even voted, so I am sure I voted yes by mistake :D

Yes, if we were voting for uranus to be a person, I would surely vote NO!!

But it is possible its not really a weapon. Uranus could be an island, like weatheria someone suggested. All 3 weapons not being literally weapons with 3 different forms.

Or could be like the 3 devil fruit types... One weapon having a

logia like form: clouds or smoke or an ocean..

Paramecia like form: i dont have an example for this

ZOan like form : Shirahoshi

BlackHair
December 17, 2011, 12:05 PM
Neither options are cursive so apparently I didn't vote. Regardless at that time I definitely would have voted with a "No".

Congratulation for those who voted Yes. I have been around the OP forums for a long time now, but this is the first time I ever saw such a wild prediction come true. ;) Well done.

zelllogan
December 18, 2011, 03:17 AM
Neither options are cursive so apparently I didn't vote. Regardless at that time I definitely would have voted with a "No".

Congratulation for those who voted Yes. I have been around the OP forums for a long time now, but this is the first time I ever saw such a wild prediction come true. ;) Well done.
Once in a while, it can happen. Everyone voted "no" because it makes no sense. Oda chose to do this non-sense. That's all.
When the CP9 was introducted, who whould have voted for Nami singlehandly defeating a member ? No one. Or Robin joining ? No one

It's just that Oda takes weird decisions sometimes. I still don't see how a human that you can't control fully can be considered as a weapon, as a tool. It's not like you can press a button and make Weakoshi do everything you want.

kkck
December 18, 2011, 09:05 AM
You have to remember no one really knows what the ancient weapons are. I think this shows that even the world government is somewhat unfamiliar with some of the details of the void century. It makes sense the world government would ultimately be somewhat unfamiliar with the weapons if at no point are details given as to what or how they did something. Besides, the issue here would be that fans grossly underestimated the sheer power controlling sea kings gives to shirahoshi. For a long time I have been arguing that controlling sea kings indeed gave shirahoshi control over the entire ocean and no one could do anything about it considering the sheer size and power of a sea king. This is perfectly consistent with shirahoshi being poseidon, the ruler of the oceans.

On another interesting point, I wonder if the name "neptune" within the royal family would already hint at a relationship between them in general and the ancient weapon. After all neptune and poseidon are basically equivalent between greek and roman cultures. Its a little weird that poseidon is the only one of the named weapons that comes from the greek version of the gods and it just so happens that the family of poseidon happens to bear the name of neptune which would be more consistent with jupiter and pluto. If the ability to control sea kings is genetic and hereditary it is possible that all of the neptune family could at some point be considered weapons of sorts considering each of them and their descendants could spawn a new poseidon. The world government could try and breed their own poseidon too if they found out about this.

Even if you can't just make shirahoshi do everything you want with a bottom, there are obviously alternatives. You can drug her, you can extort her, which would be enough. Perhaps they could even have vegapunk study her to replicate her ability by other means. It'd be interesting if they can clone her the same as with the pacifista too though.