PDA

View Full Version : Question How strong do you think Dragon really is?

triniman121
December 24, 2006, 12:39 PM
really how strong you do you really think he is?

is he on par with the 4 emperor's or the Shichibukai?

maybe is he even stronger than those two i mentioned.. so tell me what you think :amuse

Kazu-kun
December 24, 2006, 12:53 PM
Well what we know right now is that he can possibly manipulate the wind, other than that his entire aspect of a One Piece characters is one huge "?"

Julmari
December 24, 2006, 05:53 PM
and if he can manipulate the wind or the weather he would be allmost a god in the pirate era cuase the sailing depends on the wether...
so i think he is equal to emperors or even greater

check0r
December 24, 2006, 06:06 PM
that would be a great adavntage may he can also change his body form or he could be another thunder fruit user.

triniman121
December 24, 2006, 08:55 PM
do you think he created that thunder bolt that shocked buggy?

Efreet
December 25, 2006, 02:04 AM
i think he can do much more than control the wind or generate thunder bolts...

i think he can control the weather, which is a humongous power!

he is stronger than the Emperors because the Emperors can only match with the Navy and Shichibukai, whereas he can (or at least, has enough power to) overthrow the World Government :blink

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 25, 2006, 05:49 AM
Guess he's more powerful than the Shichibukai or the Emperors because (how Nico Robin explained in the manga) he is the only one with his army of rebels who is a real thread for the WG.

If he was not strong the WG wouldn't be so afraid of him and got him already ...

Julmari
December 25, 2006, 06:19 AM
i think he can do much more than control the wind or generate thunder bolts...

i think he can control the weather, which is a humongous power!

he is stronger than the Emperors because the Emperors can only match with the Navy and Shichibukai, whereas he can (or at least, has enough power to) overthrow the World Government :blink

But to control the wether you dont need more than the control of the wind

Efreet
December 25, 2006, 09:33 AM
But to control the wether you dont need more than the control of the wind

not necessarily though... with wind you can't create thunderbolts like he (maybe) did, and since Eneru has already filled the spot as thunder man, i guess we have to settle for the climate DF ;)

triniman121
December 25, 2006, 11:12 AM
i think in the manga he said wind blast

neild
December 25, 2006, 04:01 PM
i think he will be the real twist character in the manga, i say he will be the strongest character.where in the end he will ruin the world

Efreet
December 26, 2006, 01:11 AM
maybe after the Fishmen Island arc, it will be his turn and he'll try to convince Luffy to be a Revolutionary and help him destroy the World Government

triniman121
December 26, 2006, 01:36 AM
just maybe

Efreet
December 26, 2006, 01:56 AM
yea just maybe..

it's just a guess.. i can't confirm anything here

jeffhmwong
December 26, 2006, 06:39 AM
Efreet good call....very possible...

If that happens , things are gonna get really interesting..

Efreet
December 26, 2006, 06:57 AM
yeah.. it's gonna be like

Dragon: Join me, son...And bring your crew along...Together we shall rule the world

but then Luffy just wants to be a Pirate King, not a World Ruler

JoJoJO
December 26, 2006, 08:07 AM
If you can manipulate the weather you are pretty powerful I wouldn't say he's more powerful than the four emperors and the world government because we have not yet seen their true power.

Efreet
December 27, 2006, 07:40 AM
i agree, we haven't seen two of the Emperors, they might even be stronger than Whitebeard(seeing as Wb is old)

OP_overlord
December 27, 2006, 02:16 PM
that is not possible shanks and WB are the strongest of the four theothers are close tho

dragon def controls weather (all ex. wind thunder, lighting ...) but idk if he is a real logia type DF i dont think that he should be able to take the form of anything it would be weird

and i think that he will want luffy and ace to join him to help overthrow the WG and rule the world but idk if he will make it happen i dont think that he will even ask them seeing that he followed his own path even tho garp his dad prob wanted him to become a marine so he will let ace and luffy control there own destiny buthe will be helping them out

Efreet
December 29, 2006, 09:59 AM
that is not possible shanks and WB are the strongest of the four theothers are close tho

dragon def controls weather (all ex. wind thunder, lighting ...) but idk if he is a real logia type DF i dont think that he should be able to take the form of anything it would be weird

and i think that he will want luffy and ace to join him to help overthrow the WG and rule the world but idk if he will make it happen i dont think that he will even ask them seeing that he followed his own path even tho garp his dad prob wanted him to become a marine so he will let ace and luffy control there own destiny buthe will be helping them out

i don't remember anyone saying Shanks and WHitebeard were the strongest of the Yonkou, unless i;m missing something here.. Dragon could defeat Smoker right? this should prove that he's a very very big threat to the World Government

triniman121
December 29, 2006, 10:12 AM
after he created that huge green wind yeah that knocked out smoker i think

sahugani
December 29, 2006, 01:32 PM
im with the wind logia theory. with the whole destiny idea he is the one who causes the winds of change. also, the powers fit so well. i mean enel and crocodile were able to do more than merely manipulate their elements. crocodile absorbed moisture and enel heated metal. a wind logia could shift wind currents to manipulate weather and if he's good enough he could aim a lightning bolt from a stor he created to hit buggy. remember that nami could aim a lighning bolt, so its not impossible

OP_overlord
December 29, 2006, 03:13 PM
yea dragon is one of teh strongest no doubt

he can defeat smoker easy smoker is affraid to be blown away in winds so his DF has no affect on dragon

but we have not seen dragons frightin style if he uses a weapon or if the winds are his weapons all these things need to be considered to say that he is the strongest

triniman121
December 29, 2006, 05:59 PM
well at least we know he will meet luffy sometime in the near future

OP_overlord
December 29, 2006, 06:11 PM
yeah but what will happen will he
fight him
portct him from smoker
offer an alliance
it could be anything

triniman121
December 29, 2006, 06:15 PM
anyway back to topic. he seems like he mostly controls the wind

OP_overlord
December 29, 2006, 06:17 PM
yeah that was establish awhile ago but we are no trying to figure out if he can control all weather paterns or just the wind

John M.D.
December 29, 2006, 06:41 PM
I think Dragon is really strong. I really think that Dragon's wind because he saved luffy in Logue town using a storm. Maybe, using he's wind powers he could summon up a great storm :smile-big

OP_overlord
December 29, 2006, 09:58 PM
yeah we have kinda guess that he was wind but we dont know if he can do other stuff with the wind or just blow gusts of wind at you cause idk how well that would work against someone other then smoker

Efreet
December 30, 2006, 12:35 AM
he controls green wind maybe??

OP_overlord
December 30, 2006, 12:47 AM
now we have color schemes nice
that is why he has a green pancho nice very nice connected those two things

Efreet
December 30, 2006, 03:16 AM
Dragon's strength should be way off the charts in my opinion :darn

OP_overlord
December 30, 2006, 03:47 PM
efreet we all knew that he is a beast he is the worlds most wanted man but we dont know what is exact powers are just like BB Oda needs to give us more clues that will let us no exactly what they can do

triniman121
December 30, 2006, 03:58 PM
i think he will lead us to more clues. he obviously has some power connected to the wind. i think he has a good chance to beat all 3 admirals by himself

OP_overlord
December 30, 2006, 06:57 PM
idk about that the only one that cant do anyhthing around him is smoker for fear that he might get blown away in the wind
but he is strong

NinjAngel
January 07, 2007, 12:19 PM
Honestly, I'm of two minds when it comes to Dragon's power.

On one hand, I think he has a Weather DF. In order to create a storm, you need more than just wind. You need to be able to manipulate things like air pressure, humidity, dew point, etc.

On the other hand, he could just be a Wind DF. If he knew that a storm was forming on some other island, and if he was powerful enough, he could have brought the storm over using his wind, making it (probably) a bit more powerful along the way.

I don't know. I'm kind of liking the Weather/Climate DF idea, though.

Anti-panda
January 09, 2007, 01:09 AM
I don't know if dragon is wanted for being Abhorrently strong, so much as he is wanted because he poses a great threat to the world govt.
He is probably stronger than garp or most of the shinchibukai but not stronger than lets say whitebeard or some of the admirals and top, top ranking Marines. But he is dedicating his life to overthrowing the world govt. and he's strong enough and smart enough that people follow him . as opposed to some of the pirates and strawhats who are Freaking strong as hell, but if left alone wont really do anything against the world govt directly.
Bounty doesn't always reflect just strength because strategy and cunning count for alot as you go farther up the ladder. Now thats just my two cents.

jinsomnia
January 09, 2007, 01:34 AM
well, for one, even smoker don't want to mess with him. remember that when SH run away? he said leave them alone, and smoker obey him....

sushi
January 09, 2007, 04:55 AM
his powerful but more powerful if he ate a Df which i won't want him to since it's better for him to be a powerful human being

i think dragon can easily beat smoker but with aokiji n the other two it's still on the same level

Lohnt
January 09, 2007, 07:45 PM
I have to say.. recently I've been thinking Dragon may not be responsible for all the weather stuff.. I think it may have been his crew.

What if he has a logia on his crew that created the green mist, and someone with a device like Nami's climatact, and his only power is being an incredibly powerful individual, like Shanks? It's plausible.. personally I wouldn't want to see him with some kind of devil fruit that is strong enough to blow away Smoker's strength, control lightning AND make him an incredible fighter..

triniman121
January 09, 2007, 09:34 PM
but he doesn't have a crew like pirates...

OP_overlord
January 09, 2007, 09:38 PM
he is a rev not a pirate no crew just soldiers (and generals i bet) he was def the one who created the green wind notice how he was dressed in green (that really has nothing to do with anything but it makes my point look good)it is a scare combo a DF that stronger to control all weather and a strong fighter just like his daddy and he must be smart to be able to win islands to his cause against the WG

Absolutio
January 10, 2007, 05:33 AM
if he does have the weather df, is it considered a logia? probably not.. if it does, then what will his body transform into when he gets hit?

jeffhmwong
January 10, 2007, 09:41 AM
Dragon can cast lighting at anythign...from anywhere....I say thats strong....

Remember how he save luffy from Buggy?

deathshadow25
January 10, 2007, 09:43 AM
If he has a weather DF then he controls the seas now thats powerful

king_crimson-
January 10, 2007, 10:07 AM
if he really has got the weather DF, he is way too powerful for being just the world's most wanted man...he should be the world ruler, period. With such power he could destroy the whole world, he would be as powerful as the ancient weapons...so i don't think he has that power...

i'm more oriented in the wind logia theory, which is still really powerful, probably even more than ener's logia...

I think he *is* the strongest man in the world on par with the whitebeard...

deathshadow25
January 10, 2007, 10:21 AM
Dragon is THE most wanted man by thw WG so you can't deny the possibilty of the storm DF anyway he's trying to topple the government so why is so hard to believe he has that kind of stength when thats just the power he needs to face against the WG

JC123
January 10, 2007, 10:32 AM
True, but I don't think he has that power by himself. Ten to one, there's a lot of strong DF users and normal humans (maybe a few pirates) that are supporting him to make him a dangerous individual.

Besides, I'm thinking that he probably is looking for weapons to use against the WG so he's really interested in Luffy's crew. Particularly Robin. Every advantage for a revolutionary, ya know what I mean? ;)

deathshadow25
January 10, 2007, 10:36 AM
Thats actually a good idea maybe he's looking for the weapons like Pluton to topple the government and the government is afraid to have both Robin and Franky meet with Dragon

that would certainly make him powerful.

jinsomnia
January 10, 2007, 06:54 PM
i think he has more than 1 df. don't u think thats possible that he found a way to have 2 df?

deathshadow25
January 10, 2007, 07:07 PM
i think he has more than 1 df. don't u think thats possible that he found a way to have 2 df?

not really unless he ate one and then he wields a weopon that has one in it.

jinsomnia
January 10, 2007, 07:13 PM
not really unless he ate one and then he wields a weopon that has one in it.

actually, we do not know what happen if people ate 2 df. but i think if dragon have it, now that is great.

deathshadow25
January 10, 2007, 07:28 PM
They already mentioned that in the manga the person would explode

jinsomnia
January 10, 2007, 08:32 PM
They already mentioned that in the manga the person would explode

is that certain? what id dragon find a way around it? i mean, there is a possibility right? he is the WG most wanted man.

triniman121
January 10, 2007, 09:01 PM
i'm surprised to see my topic last this long o.o

he seems to have alot of influential power to

JC123
January 10, 2007, 10:51 PM
No...

The two devils would fight inside the person. Greed is an evil that will destroy you. That's what the CP9 arc said. Remember Jabara fearing the superstition of being too close to raw DF?

The only way he'd have two DF powers is if he has his fruit and like Spanda, his weapon (which I haven't seen him carry) had one also.

Darkheart608608
January 10, 2007, 11:56 PM
i think in the manga he said wind blast

NO, i double check the old chapter. Dragon said "Storm" and blew away Smoker along with Luffy at the Logue Town, Chapter 100 page 19. Therefore, Dragon power is not wind or thunder, but storm. That is huge power consider storm have wind, thunder, and water. That is 3 elements. I bet he stronger than we can imagine consider the endless combination of the 3 primary elements (wind, thunder, and water)

OP_overlord
January 11, 2007, 12:06 AM
idk he is prob on par with shanks sengoku, WB and enrue
but the three elements together are crazy and i think that everone is looking for the acienct weapons to take over the other powers

sahugani
January 11, 2007, 02:02 AM
I'm still on the boat for wind logia. remember how Crocodile could absorb moisture even though his direct power was sand or how Enel heated metal by running a current though it. they were able to apply their abilities to the existing environment and do more than their powers are thought capable. who's to say that Dragon didn't apply this concept to increase mosture using ocean vapors or something. i can't claim to know much about how weather works, but i'm pretty sure controlling air movement could do it all in this ocean world

JC123
January 11, 2007, 02:09 AM
Well, it seems that all DF users learn more abilities as they use their powers more and more. Same with Luffy learning more gears and how to better use his Rubber body. Not to say that Dragon didn't make the jump to other extensions. Heck, he's older than Luffy. Most likely he learned his abilities and has had to fight to keep them strong for a while now.

OP_overlord
January 11, 2007, 08:15 PM
yeah and that would mean he is a B.A.M.F. (what could BB do in a few years then, the SH need a strong logia DF user on there crew sorry that was off topic)

Anti-panda
January 11, 2007, 09:07 PM
yeah and that would mean he is a B.A.M.F. (what could BB do in a few years then, the SH need a strong logia DF user on there crew sorry that was off topic)

I agree dragon is probably one B.A.M.F. but I don't really want to see a Logia DF user on the strawhats side. Logia types just seem too overpowered and naturally almost indestructable so it just seems cheap .... I loved seeing luffy kick the crap out of both Crocodile and Enel. Because they couldn't even be touched by normal people and they both thought they were the strongest thing out there. Basically I think a Logia Type in the strawhat crew would quickly overshadow luffy and some of the others in terms of strength and power, i mean Luffy's captain so I don't think there should be anyone on the crew thats heads above luffy in terms of overall power.
Plus Logia types are rare the only persons with a logia type we've seen in a position underneath someone rank wise was Ace and Aokiji and technically they are men just below the top of thier specific ladders and aokiji is one of the three great powers of the military and ace is a fleet commander. So you could agrue that thier at the top of their respective games.
That being said I'd like to see some more Df users on the crew maybe a paramecia type (Something to do with sound. Bone Flute no mi, or Tuning Fork no mi. something like that.) for a musician, and a merwoman as a scout/ lookout. Those would be my ideal additions for the Strawhats crew.
But i've strayed from the subject at hand! Sorry :D
Dragon is really freaking strong and maybe ... just maybe he has something to do with all the ships dissapearing in the Furorian Triangle. I mean the revolutionaries have to get supplies somehow, right?

OP_overlord
January 11, 2007, 11:10 PM
those are great theories (you should post the ones about the new crew members on thatthread cause i would like to debate them but this is not the place)
and i could see dragon stealing all those ship for teh supplies and the crew members become rev that would be kool and everthing that we have heard is just rumors and that is where dragon and lufffy will meet

NinjAngel
January 14, 2007, 05:34 PM
Now that I think about it, I kinda like sahugani's idea. I was gonna say, he could have learned to manipulate his abilities.

Sorry if I sound stupid for asking, but what's a B.A.M.F.?

OP_overlord
January 14, 2007, 11:56 PM
yeah he could have done the same ace luffy and Croc and gotten stronger

adn a B.A.M.F. is a Bad A*s Mother Fu*ker (idk if you are allowed to curse in threads)
it is from Dane Cook a very funny man (and prob a bunch of other suff but idk about them)

triniman121
January 15, 2007, 03:27 AM
anyway i can't wait till i see the meeting with luffy and dragon. we may learn alot about his past and family

jeffhmwong
January 15, 2007, 07:39 AM
Hahhahahaha....wonder if they will hug and cry or whoop each others ass.....

Pevee
January 15, 2007, 11:23 AM
the second option

seishiro kuki
January 15, 2007, 11:33 AM
Hahhahahaha....wonder if they will hug and cry or whoop each others ass.....

I don't think 1st opinion can happen!! Luffy doesn't even know he got a father. when their met each other Luffy probably say "Who're You?_?".

OP_overlord
January 15, 2007, 12:09 PM
when their met each other Luffy probably say "Who're You?_?".

and then dragon will hit him on the head and hurt him like garp did and that will show his insanse power or it could happen the same way it did with garp and luffy will be sleeping and thus warent a punch but since ODA has used that one before i think lufy will be eating (meat of course and be complaing and dragon will just show up and tell him to stop and luffy will say shut up and go back to eating and then dragon will eat luffy and spit him out )

NinjAngel
January 15, 2007, 01:30 PM
Heh...I actually think that meeting will be pretty interesting. I would love if there was just SOME goofing off, ya know? I want to see another side to Dragon. With him not only being a D, but also part of Luffy and Garp's family, there's gotta be some sort of goofy side to him.

Oh, and, Dane Cook = <3 XD

xr3b0rn5inx
January 31, 2007, 12:18 AM
Damn right he is strong,he can control weather or maybe there is some other hidden skill he is hidding.After all he is Luffy's dad =P,we have all seen how strong his whole family is especially Ace and Garp

venicia777
January 31, 2007, 12:56 AM
i am sure if Luffy sees Dragon's power he will absolutely remember being saved in logue town. If he doesnt see Dragon's ability he will be reminded by dragon himself- probably.

it will be great to see Luffy square off against Dragon- just for a little while. Will those guys ever bond together? Since we are expecting them to meet later in the series- i cant just help but ask-- will it end to them working together against the WG or something of the sort?

OP_overlord
February 01, 2007, 12:06 AM
i dony think so they will talk abhout it but luffy will fallow his own dreams of pirate king he didnt care about the Wg he only wanted to get his nakama back and he would have done the same if his dad had taken her captive and Dane Cook is the man and so is demetri martin

NinjAngel
February 05, 2007, 05:57 PM
I want to see Dragon and Luffy talk. If they bonded...well, what do you expect out of these two? If they bonded, it would be special. Kinda weird, I think. But, it would be a bond, none the less.

OP_overlord
February 05, 2007, 08:57 PM
and then no one would mess with luffy cause dragon would come out of no where and eat them if luffy couldnt handle them

Anti-panda
February 05, 2007, 09:33 PM
and then no one would mess with luffy cause dragon would come out of no where and eat them if luffy couldnt handle them

Call me crazy but a father who first met his son when his son was 16, I'm not counting when luffy was a baby. Doesn't seem like the kind of father who'd come rushing to his son's rescue at the drop of a hat.
We're not even sure why dragon was in logue town in the first place> hmmm... I wonder why he was there?

But seriously dragon is so strong that he leads a group so powerful the entire world Govt. considers it a huge threat. And he's the most wanted man. Not whitebeard not shanks, not Don Quiote don flamingo. Not even Pandaman!!! XD

OP_overlord
February 05, 2007, 10:40 PM
he is up there with the strongest yes and he doesnt have to gelp luffy out but he could send a subordinate to do it but that person could still be a best like sanji level or something

triniman121
February 07, 2007, 11:35 PM
he is up there with the strongest yes and he doesnt have to gelp luffy out but he could send a subordinate to do it but that person could still be a best like sanji level or something

maybe even stronger

OP_overlord
February 08, 2007, 10:15 PM
yeah but zoro still has to be first mate and second strongest that is why i think people dont want a logai user on teh crew they dont want luffy to seem weak to that person but they could be a weakish logai DF user around sanji level and just keep people like smoker, aokiji,... off there backs and let them escape cause logai users are well balanced even when fighting random ones that arent their natural enemy.

Anti-panda
February 08, 2007, 10:24 PM
yeah but zoro still has to be first mate and second strongest that is why i think people dont want a logai user on teh crew they dont want luffy to seem weak to that person but they could be a weakish logai DF user around sanji level and just keep people like smoker, aokiji,... off there backs and let them escape cause logai users are well balanced even when fighting random ones that arent their natural enemy.

I agree completly a logia user on the crew would have to be weirder than the logia users we've already seen because if not they'd over shadow luffy and that would suck.

However I am still of the camp that Monkey D. Dragon is a Logia type. I think he is a wind type. You could move rain clouds create low and high pressure zones in the atmosphere.. the list goes on you could almost completly control the weather and you'd be pretty damn near invincible.

triniman121
February 08, 2007, 10:40 PM
I agree completly a logia user on the crew would have to be weirder than the logia users we've already seen because if not they'd over shadow luffy and that would suck.

However I am still of the camp that Monkey D. Dragon is a Logia type. I think he is a wind type. You could move rain clouds create low and high pressure zones in the atmosphere.. the list goes on you could almost completly control the weather and you'd be pretty damn near invincible.

yeah but luffy always finds a way to become stronger. so i wouldn't be suprised he puleed something even better than the gears. and most likely dragon is a wind logia or weather logia type person

jeffhmwong
February 09, 2007, 12:26 AM
yeah but luffy always finds a way to become stronger. so i wouldn't be suprised he puleed something even better than the gears. and most likely dragon is a wind logia or weather logia type person

I think hes the combination of both. Imagine having Eneru power + wind + weather.

I agree luffy will be much stronger but I guess there will be a limit. I dont think he can beat those like aokoji BB and dragon .

triniman121
February 09, 2007, 12:55 AM
I think hes the combination of both. Imagine having Eneru power + wind + weather.

I agree luffy will be much stronger but I guess there will be a limit. I dont think he can beat those like aokoji BB and dragon .

not at the moment but for a person like him his limits aren't human almost god-like

Anti-panda
February 10, 2007, 12:05 AM
not at the moment but for a person like him his limits aren't human almost god-like

Luffy wasn't kidding when he said there were plenty of people on the blue sea who would kick enel's a$$, if he hadn't stepped up to do it.
akoji, dragon, shanks, Black beard, the list does go on.

OP_overlord
February 10, 2007, 01:29 AM
idk enel could kill you from very far away just luffy was rubber so his attacks ment nothing not to say that those guys are weak

evozoku
February 15, 2007, 09:25 AM
I haven't read the whole thread, but I'd bet my life that Dragons power is wind logia. Quit thinking about the thunderbolt (it was part of a whole storm). He could have just used wind to blow in a nearby storm, or changed other aspects of the wind to create the storm. Luffy may have just been lucky that Buggy happened to be struck by lightening. He is known for his luck afterall, like when he ate the apple that was supposed to explode but it didn't.

And I still say that wind would be the best logia power because you could blow away any other logia user we've encountered (Blackbeard might be a dilemna now though).

And a couple things supporting "wind", not "weather" or "climate": In Logue Town he says "Wind Blast!", and in one of the more recent chapters he says he's wants to go stand out in the wind. Thus, more of a stress on wind itself. Also, he's a rebel, trying to change things. A phrase that comes to mind is "wind of change".

NinjAngel
February 15, 2007, 12:42 PM
I really want Dragon to be wind. Really. I had to think whether I wanted weather or wind more, and now I think I want wind. I mean, what if he could use the wind to fly?!?!? XD

project2501
February 15, 2007, 04:47 PM
hi,

guess this question has been asked many tinmes befor, but i' m interested in it anyway so here' s it once more:

what kind of power do you guys thing does luffi' s father have? Somehow he can contol the wind but that' s all i know, has he eaten a devil fruit, if yes which one?

Moved to the right topic. Luckas

triniman121
February 15, 2007, 08:56 PM
has to be a weather fruit i think. anyway it looks like he mastered his devil fruit abilities to the fullest extend

OP_overlord
February 15, 2007, 09:05 PM
yeah or just knew the weather ahead of time and added his green blast to make it look cooler

Anti-panda
February 16, 2007, 03:12 AM
yeah or just knew the weather ahead of time and added his green blast to make it look cooler

LOL :D .. I get it Dragon isn't really strong at all ... he just has a really good Special FX crew. Ha! On a related matter the same SFX crew did the makeup for afro luffy and Lord of the rings two towers.

triniman121
February 17, 2007, 08:30 AM
LOL :D .. I get it Dragon isn't really strong at all ... he just has a really good Special FX crew. Ha! On a related matter the same SFX crew did the makeup for afro luffy and Lord of the rings two towers.

what are you talking about?

Anti-panda
February 26, 2007, 02:41 PM
what are you talking about?

Well the theroy was put forward that the weather happened naturally at logue town. Dragon just added his own coloring for the coolness factor.
So I Jokingly said that dragon wasn't strong he just had a crew that knew how to do really cool Special effects.
Anyways dragon is definitly all cloak and dagger. But he did interfer with smoker and luffy and he did it alone. So even if he is a threat to the world govt. Because of his revolutionaries, he still has to be much stronger than smoker.

hmalik1003
February 26, 2007, 05:03 PM
in what episode or manga does Dragon scare Smoker off

OP_overlord
February 26, 2007, 10:40 PM
the ones when they are in louge town

and smoker says it himself he is the only man i and all other logias are affraid of but that was before BB

but i dont think he can speak for the other logais DF users in teh OP world

he has to be strong as teh #1 most wanted man in the world

Anti-panda
February 27, 2007, 01:22 PM
he has to be strong as teh #1 most wanted man in the world

As a matter of fact that is what this entire disscussion was origionally about.
But you did make a good point. Why would all the other logia's be afraid of him?
And If he is a wind logia type what would his weakness be besides Sea stone? I can't think of anything that hurts wind.

hmalik1003
February 27, 2007, 05:38 PM
i figured out that he was in rogue town but i wanna know wat episode exactly or the manga chapter

OP_overlord
February 27, 2007, 05:41 PM
well he couldnt hurt a earth elemental but Oda used that in a movie so he wouldnt use another one like it so i think he is invinsable

Eyefarted2
February 27, 2007, 08:33 PM
No question about it. Dragon is STRONG. Hes the number 1 threat to the world government, and controls the weather.

Look at his father. Look at his son. Look at his other son. (LOL) IF they are already so strong, how strong do u think he will be?

triniman121
February 27, 2007, 10:24 PM
No question about it. Dragon is STRONG. Hes the number 1 threat to the world government, and controls the weather.

Look at his father. Look at his son. Look at his other son. (LOL) IF they are already so strong, how strong do u think he will be?

we will have to see... anyways we are getting more hints of luffy background and his father

Anti-panda
February 27, 2007, 11:31 PM
I think we will get more on why Luffy ace garp and dragon are so crazy strong when we find out the realization of the initial D.
Side note I think the truth behind that initial may have something to do with why Dragon wants to overthrow the world Govt. to begin with.

OP_overlord
February 27, 2007, 11:40 PM
yeah prob it all has to do with the void century and the will of D. is in there somewhere

i wanna learn more about dragon in this arc i hope hogback knew him

triniman121
February 28, 2007, 03:35 PM
yeah prob it all has to do with the void century and the will of D. is in there somewhere

i wanna learn more about dragon in this arc i hope hogback knew him

maybe both of them have a tattoo

OP_overlord
February 28, 2007, 04:49 PM
both who dragon and...

triniman121
February 28, 2007, 04:58 PM
both who dragon and...

both dragon and hogback. just that hogback has it on his neck

OP_overlord
March 01, 2007, 10:43 PM
o i didnt notice it im going tochack it would be the mark of rogers crew like how ace got the cross thing on his back

triniman121
March 01, 2007, 10:55 PM
no it looks like two lines going down his neck. it's tribal for the most part if you know about tattoo's

OP_overlord
March 01, 2007, 11:39 PM
yeah i looked at them both the are differnt but both kool looking then it is just a coinsidance

triniman121
March 01, 2007, 11:51 PM
let's hope so.... want i want if for hogback to know of dragon. it would make things interesting a bit

OP_overlord
March 05, 2007, 09:32 PM
yeah and him to be really scared by luffy to know that his father could come by and eat him

triniman121
March 06, 2007, 11:10 PM
well i think dragon had a really good reason to let garp take care of luffy. if the govt would've known about luffy when he was a baby he might've had a bounty higher than what he has now.

OP_overlord
March 06, 2007, 11:15 PM
yeah he could have sent him off to have a normal life and be free of the problems with haveing the #1 most wanted man as your dad

Anti-panda
March 07, 2007, 01:08 AM
Knowing that family it's probably more about having other things he wants to do ... other than raising a child. More than wanting what was best for luffy.

Then again Dragon probably got Garp's "Tough Love" training too, when he was little. So he might have wanted luffy and ace to get that same training
... who knows. Can't say we know enough about dragons character to make a half hazard guess.

triniman121
March 07, 2007, 08:41 PM
we will now maybe by the end of this year xD

OP_overlord
March 07, 2007, 09:55 PM
i hope so

and yeah anti panda dragon just like garp wanted his son to be strong they just differed on carrer choices rev. vs. marine

triniman121
March 07, 2007, 11:52 PM
i was thinking dragon did beat smoker in loguetown

Anti-panda
March 08, 2007, 01:25 AM
i hope so

and yeah anti panda dragon just like garp wanted his son to be strong they just differed on carrer choices rev. vs. marine
XD
Differed.. lol ... One works for the govt. in fact is 4 or 5 rungs from the top .. the other is the top of the organization that wants to see the former totally destroyed. Thats not just differed... I'd say it's amazing that family is on speaking terms.
Families are weird and more importantly I'd like to know what dragon wants for luffy ...
Also ace but thats a different topic all together.
But as far as Garp goes I can't imagine what luffy would've been like as a marine. But it hurts my brain when I try and think about it.

triniman121
March 08, 2007, 03:58 PM
XD
Differed.. lol ... One works for the govt. in fact is 4 or 5 rungs from the top .. the other is the top of the organization that wants to see the former totally destroyed. Thats not just differed... I'd say it's amazing that family is on speaking terms.
Families are weird and more importantly I'd like to know what dragon wants for luffy ...
Also ace but thats a different topic all together.
But as far as Garp goes I can't imagine what luffy would've been like as a marine. But it hurts my brain when I try and think about it.

he would of been one strong marine then lol

OP_overlord
March 08, 2007, 11:13 PM
yeah but still not at vice admiral level yet
i think that dragon will fight in a three way battle againt WB and Sengoku for the control of the world at the end of the manga. the subordinates will fight aswell

triniman121
March 09, 2007, 11:17 PM
yeah but still not at vice admiral level yet
i think that dragon will fight in a three way battle againt WB and Sengoku for the control of the world at the end of the manga. the subordinates will fight aswell

yeah but the main fight will have to be luffy. he is after all the main character

OP_overlord
March 09, 2007, 11:32 PM
yeah he will fight BB for the title of pirate king and settle the other fight when he wins

triniman121
March 10, 2007, 05:53 PM
who knows

bur his whole family will play the biggest role in the finally.

OP_overlord
March 10, 2007, 11:30 PM
yeah prob they will all be fighting on or right next to raftel (mihawk will make a reapperence and any other shickbuki/admiral (V.A)/yonkou that has not come up yet )

ubo
April 07, 2007, 04:31 PM
In my opinion, he's the most powerful single character in the OP world. He might not be the strongest in a fight (probably White Beard) but he has the most overall power and influence.

OP_overlord
April 10, 2007, 08:50 PM
second to WB and the old men of the marines i would agree

Anti-panda
April 11, 2007, 10:16 PM
He is the most wanted man in OP> That means the world govt considers him the biggest threat to it. It's weird that the same family houses Both one of the world govts strongest vice=admirals and it's greatest threat. And a man who will one day be pirate king.

OP_overlord
April 11, 2007, 11:03 PM
that family is crazy strong dragon at the head of it

triniman121
April 20, 2007, 04:39 PM
that's why no one really knows about that family and how they are all related.

OP_overlord
April 20, 2007, 09:42 PM
cause they kill people that know about them ???

triniman121
April 21, 2007, 08:32 AM
nah i don't think so. it would just make sense. what makes it all so funny they are all famous for something but no one knows they are all connected.

ikuroi
April 21, 2007, 05:43 PM
I think Dragon > Yonkous or Admirals

sushi
April 25, 2007, 02:54 AM
hehehe...wonder if dragon would fight Luffy one day

OP_overlord
April 25, 2007, 09:52 PM
yes probably, but maybe just to test out his powers and how far he has come power wise kinda like what grap let happen with koby and hellempo back in water 7

Jester_Rogue
April 25, 2007, 10:48 PM
I actually think he might be a character that Luffy has to actually showdown with it would be real interesting

Anti-panda
April 25, 2007, 11:49 PM
hehehe...wonder if dragon would fight Luffy one day

How else will dragon determine whether The new age will be one of pirates following thier dreams or... revolutionaries shaking the foundations of the earth. We will get to see luffy vs dragon one day ... because there can only be one world strongest.
I believe it Ric Flair said it best. ... To be the man ... You've gotta beat The Man. Whoooooooooooooooooooo.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway if luffy ever wants to be Pirate king .. he'll have to take over dragon's title of world's most wanted man.
Nuff said.

OP_overlord
April 26, 2007, 10:33 PM
no he doesnt he is just tied gol was just pirate king it is never said that he was the most wanted

amar_kun
April 27, 2007, 06:04 AM
nah.. no offence to anyone, even though it is quite an exciting thought for luffy to fight his dad, i personally think this wont be happening.. it seems that both of them have a same enemy "the world government + sichibukai(s)".. so i think they might end up watching each other's back rather than fighting... this happened b4 when dragon save luffy's ass when he was caught by smoker..

besides, i think the family ties is even greater even though they are in opposite side.. for instance, garp didnt capture luffy and let him go during their meeting at the galley la company.. even though one is a pirate and the other is in navy, the family bond between them is much stronger than the rivalry of their sides..

just my opinion though..:amuse

OP_overlord
April 27, 2007, 10:49 PM
i would normaly agree but luffy didnt even know who his dad was so i dont think that they have a strong family bond like he garp and ace do

Absolutio
April 28, 2007, 09:11 AM
yea, i cant imagine luffy seeing his dad, and then running towards him with arms open for a big family reunion hug. :p
He'll probably just get hit on his head like garp did to him =D

OP_overlord
April 28, 2007, 04:58 PM
no just a unemotional hi would do while all the others are like 'o crap its dragon luffy go find out want he wants so he doesnt start killing us"

Anti-panda
April 30, 2007, 12:52 AM
Dragon doesn't strike me as the cold killer type.. more like a cold calculating Puppet Master type... like he's trying to unravel the world .. and let it rebuild itself.

sahugani
April 30, 2007, 01:37 AM
i have the same impression of him. he obviously has an insane amount of power that he can wield personally (i'm currently believing the wind logia, but Oda is unpredictable, so we'll find out eventually), but he restrains himself from using that power. He inspires people to fight for themselves instead of fighting for them.

I don't even think that his title of "most wanted" is from the rebellions themselves. I think that he actually knows the "true history" that Ohara was searching for and so did Gol D. Roger. We have evidence that Roger might have known the true history as he could read the poneglyphs and it was likely the biggest reason why the Gov't killed him instead of imprisoning him. While Roger was much more easygoing, he felt he had accomplished his destiny and did not fight the WG. Dragon on the other hand, decided to make the WG pay. What the WG fears the most about him is that he could reveal the truth and take his revolution to a global scale. the reason he has not done so yet and settled for initiating simple rebellions is that he needs a "hero of the people" to appear and carry his words to all corners of the world. He sees Luffy as that person and is waiting till Luffy's influence has matured enough to effectively cripple the WG with the truth in a single blow.

Anti-panda
April 30, 2007, 03:22 PM
What really puzzles me is that in Rogue town he grabbed smokers arm while smoker was fighting luffy. Smoker is a cloud logia ... why couldn't he just get out... or was he just soo surprised to see dragon he froze up?????

Well whatever dragon is it's obvious he's dangerous.

Ps. I don't think the govt captured Roger ... I think he gave himself up. Why I have theroies but nothing definite. I mean he wasn't even trying to escape at his execution he just asked them to take the cuffs off because they were chaffing him and then plopped down and said lets do this.
I think he directed everyone to the grandline because if enough people went "To That Place" then someone else would eventually find out the truth behind things.

Dark soul within
April 30, 2007, 07:16 PM
It's entirely possible that at the sight of the "most dangerous" man smoker soiled himself and thought "Mummy".....nope sorry I can't even believe it myself, smoker's just too cool for that.

Dragon want's to bring the world government to it's knees and everybody fears him for it.

@ sahugani

I really like your reasoning behind Dragon's "most wanted" title but it's possibly a combination of his revolution and his knowledge of the"true history" :leepose It will interesting to see Luffy's first meeting with Dragon & how Luffy takes to his fathers ideologies etc.

triniman121
April 30, 2007, 09:48 PM
luffy won't care about his ideologies unless that is his fathers dream.

so what do you think dragon's "treasure" is?

i think it's his son luffy xD

sahugani
May 02, 2007, 06:20 PM
What really puzzles me is that in Rogue town he grabbed smokers arm while smoker was fighting luffy. Smoker is a cloud logia ... why couldn't he just get out... or was he just soo surprised to see dragon he froze up?????

Well whatever dragon is it's obvious he's dangerous.

Ps. I don't think the govt captured Roger ... I think he gave himself up. Why I have theroies but nothing definite. I mean he wasn't even trying to escape at his execution he just asked them to take the cuffs off because they were chaffing him and then plopped down and said lets do this.
I think he directed everyone to the grandline because if enough people went "To That Place" then someone else would eventually find out the truth behind things.

regarding Smoker, while he likely doesn't know what Dragon can do, he knew that if he ignored Dragon and hit Luffy, the ramifications would be disastrous. He's smart and knows when a certain course of action would be irresponsible

i'm with you on Roger turning himself in. after he had accomplished his dream, he probably turned himself in either under the condition that his crew goes free or left his crew on a whim so that each of them could start their own voyages and follow their own dreams.

It's entirely possible that at the sight of the "most dangerous" man smoker soiled himself and thought "Mummy".....nope sorry I can't even believe it myself, smoker's just too cool for that.

Dragon want's to bring the world government to it's knees and everybody fears him for it.

@ sahugani

I really like your reasoning behind Dragon's "most wanted" title but it's possibly a combination of his revolution and his knowledge of the"true history" :leepose It will interesting to see Luffy's first meeting with Dragon & how Luffy takes to his fathers ideologies etc.

When i said that the reason the WG wanted him for his knowledge, i meant to imply that their fear was how he would apply that knowledge to his revolution. Because he is leading the revolution (which is bad enough as is), if he was to let people know of the True History (the shame of the WG), the revolution would grow exponentially to a scale that the WG might not be able to handle. he knows this is the case, but is waiting for Luffy's fame so that his message will carry much farther than if he revealed it himself

luffy won't care about his ideologies unless that is his fathers dream.

so what do you think dragon's "treasure" is?

i think it's his son luffy xD

i'm pretty certain as well that Luffy won't carry his fathers ideologies. i think the final arc will revolve around Dragon as he is about to see his wish of spreading this knowledge fulfilled, thus causing the three powers to act in a huge battle i have all planned out in my head but is in all actuality is unlikely. Dragon becomes the final opponant as Luffy is unwilling to help his father's wish come to fruition after Robin explains the ramifications (as she now knows the True History as well). I'd go into more detail about my vision but it would end up spiraling off topic even more.

Anti-panda
May 03, 2007, 10:43 PM
regarding Smoker, while he likely doesn't know what Dragon can do, he knew that if he ignored Dragon and hit Luffy, the ramifications would be disastrous. He's smart and knows when a certain course of action would be irresponsible

i'm with you on Roger turning himself in. after he had accomplished his dream, he probably turned himself in either under the condition that his crew goes free or left his crew on a whim so that each of them could start their own voyages and follow their own dreams.

When i said that the reason the WG wanted him for his knowledge, i meant to imply that their fear was how he would apply that knowledge to his revolution. Because he is leading the revolution (which is bad enough as is), if he was to let people know of the True History (the shame of the WG), the revolution would grow exponentially to a scale that the WG might not be able to handle. he knows this is the case, but is waiting for Luffy's fame so that his message will carry much farther than if he revealed it himself

i'm pretty certain as well that Luffy won't carry his fathers ideologies. i think the final arc will revolve around Dragon as he is about to see his wish of spreading this knowledge fulfilled, thus causing the three powers to act in a huge battle i have all planned out in my head but is in all actuality is unlikely. Dragon becomes the final opponant as Luffy is unwilling to help his father's wish come to fruition after Robin explains the ramifications (as she now knows the True History as well). I'd go into more detail about my vision but it would end up spiraling off topic even more.

You make some really good points ... I'd also like to nominate you for longest post EVER.
Congradulations.

On topic: I think Roger just handed himself over because he had expirenced all the adventures he could in this world. The man who had obtained everything this world has to offer, Simply decided to move on to the next world to expirence new adventures there.

DutchPhoenix
October 12, 2007, 06:03 AM
who said dragon created that thunderstorm at all? :)

Impel Down
October 12, 2007, 07:31 AM
It's a bit obvious, and if he summoned that wind to save Luffy, who says he couldn't summon that lightning to save him as well?

DutchPhoenix
October 12, 2007, 08:47 AM
Dragon didnt had to do anything with that storm or thunder to save luffy, that was pure LUCK for luffy,

but dragon DID saved luffy from smoker with a giant wind wave,

thats the way it is :)

Imitorar
October 12, 2007, 10:26 AM
Dragon probably didn't summon the lighting, because chances are, he wouldn't know that it wouldn't kill Luffy. I'm pretty sure he'd gone off to lead the revolution by the tame Luffy ate the Gum Gum fruit, so he wouldn't know that Luffy's body has the properties of rubber, and is thus immune to electricity. I doubt he brought the storm either, though I can't think of a reason why not other than that I can't see how it served any purpose for him. He certainly DID summon that wind blast at Smoker, though.

DutchPhoenix
October 12, 2007, 11:57 AM
thats what im saying :P

Imitorar
October 12, 2007, 12:46 PM
I wasn't disagreeing. I was... expounding. Writing in more detail. I agree with you on this.

DutchPhoenix
October 12, 2007, 01:17 PM
oki my bad then, sorry

TheBlackLotus
February 08, 2008, 07:12 PM
maybe after the Fishmen Island arc, it will be his turn and he'll try to convince Luffy to be a Revolutionary and help him destroy the World Government

I can see Dragon asking Luffy to join him, as they'd be a very powerful force as father and son and nearly unbeatable in the long run, however Luffy's stubborn and his main goal/dream is to be the Pirate King, the revolution hardly concerns him, at least for now that nothing will happen from it.

kazuma_uzumaki
February 10, 2008, 12:33 AM
Maybe not physically stronger but i bet he can beat a lot of the shichibukai or emperors or whatever...

He looks like more of a stategist then physical fighter like luffy

i wonder what did he do to stop smoker that one time....

eroticmaster
February 13, 2008, 04:21 AM
does anyone remember in the beginning of the series they said that the devils furit can give you power to control fire(Ace) and even make tsunamis(Dragon possibly!!!). And remember that Dragon must be a well prepared character because he entered the series pretty early and still appears.

Razh
February 13, 2008, 08:55 AM
We still didn't see a D. that isn't ridicoulusly strong.
I don't see why Dragon should be any different.

garaa89
February 13, 2008, 02:59 PM
i think he is stong and mght have devil fruit power because the whole navy feel he the worst criminal out there.

lordHokage
March 04, 2008, 05:45 PM
I think Monkey D. Dragon is one of strongest characters in One Piece. I believe all the Warlords take orders from him and I wouldn’t be surprise if he has some connection in the Marines. :D

weixiaobao
March 04, 2008, 10:11 PM
the answers in this thread are very repetitive.. so as far as my opinion of Dragon is of an ambitious man with probably lot of influence power.. As for Physical strength, he probably inherited his strength from Garp. As for potential devil fruit power, i dunno but he probably could walk to Enies Lobby and return unharm..

lordHokage
March 05, 2008, 09:07 AM
the answers in this thread are very repetitive.. so as far as my opinion of Dragon is of an ambitious man with probably lot of influence power.. As for Physical strength, he probably inherited his strength from Garp. As for potential devil fruit power, i dunno but he probably could walk to Enies Lobby and return unharm..

Well said. I don't think none of the devil fruits powers would have any affect on him. I can’t wait to see him in action again. :whoo

DRAGON-PEIN-SAMA
March 08, 2008, 11:11 AM
Dragon is much stronger than shichibukais or yonkous, because:

1.some shichibukais are on the same level as yonkous. e.g shanks and mihawk.
2.Ace is on the same level as a shichibukai, if not stronger. the reason he lost to BB is because of his DF, i mean hes obviously is sttronger tha croc or moria.
3.Smoker wasnt scared of croc and if he had the chance he woudve fought him, he already did with Ace in arabasta for gettin in the way of him capturin luffy.
4. well if smoker fought Ace for interuptin him, then Dragon did the same in loguetown and even worse for rescuing buggy pirates and messed up the town and yet he didnt try anythin agaist Dragon coz he got scared of him.
5.THE only man capable of fighting the WG is MONKEY D DRAGON.

lordHokage
March 11, 2008, 08:11 PM

When Luffy asked Ussop to burn down the World Government flag, he was acting like his father. Like father, like son. :D

marte1980
March 15, 2008, 12:48 PM
Well said. I don't think none of the devil fruits powers would have any affect on him. I can’t wait to see him in action again. :whoo
Blackbeard would, his ability can affect everyone and logia users are the most vulnerable because they usually have lost some of their ability to fight with their real body.

P.S. Anyway, for the kind of manga that One Piece is, I think that Dragon is somewhat evil(just from looking at his facial expression), maybe he's the mature version of Luffy, that is someone who tries to achieve some good results, but in the real world's way, that is through war, knowing that there will be innocent blood on that way. Luffy instead is the shounen manga way to solve problems, that is "I will sacrifice myself to save everyone else, so that no one of my friends will be killed". Probably there will be some conflict
between them when they will finally meet.

Poneglyph420
August 02, 2009, 08:08 PM
Just been re reading some old chapters and found this:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/100/20/
I'm pretty convinced Dragon has a nasty DF like a real weather power.
Possibly a Storm or Wind man. (Kaze ningen)
Any ideas or predictions???

Gecko Moria
August 04, 2009, 11:01 PM
Just been re reading some old chapters and found this:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/100/20/
I'm pretty convinced Dragon has a nasty DF like a real weather power.
Possibly a Storm or Wind man. (Kaze ningen)
Any ideas or predictions???

Judging from what happened at Loguetown and the sudden storm that stopped Smoker and allowed the Strawhats to escape, it is highly possible Dragon has the Kaze Kaze No Mi (Wind Wind Fruit), seeing as it's one of the few elements left in the Logia department. Additionally, Dragon is always pictured in windy places when he is shown (though that could be coincidence). It's also possible that Dragon used haki or some other form of power to create a storm in Loguetown, like what happened when Shanks and Whitebeard fought during their meeting.

tothx
August 05, 2009, 09:18 AM
Guess he's more powerful than the Shichibukai or the Emperors because (how Nico Robin explained in the manga) he is the only one with his army of rebels who is a real thread for the WG.

If he was not strong the WG wouldn't be so afraid of him and got him already ...

They do not nessesarily fear him for his strength, most likely his strength has very little to do with it! They fear him for the same reasons they fear Nico Robin, because of his knowledge, political influence and his leadership over the revulutionary army.

gao_dargon
August 05, 2009, 11:14 PM
i think he has to be atleast at an admiral lvl, if not the WG would allready capture him (allthough i heard he was really hard to find in the first place)

FaustXIII
September 11, 2010, 07:05 AM
Monkey D. "Revolutionary" Dragon

is the most wanted man in the world

Imagine having comrades like:

Inazuma
Emporio Ivankov
and
Bartholomew Kuma

as part of his Revolutionary makes sense

MaiSiaoSiao
September 11, 2010, 07:17 AM
Right now the answer to this question is that he has the power to control weather.Nothing else about him is known other then hes Garp's son and the most wanted person in OP.
We'll just have to wait till Oda finally decides that its time to put Dragon into the spot light XD

fcToho
September 11, 2010, 03:24 PM
The name "Dragon"
Most wanted man in the world
Leads the greatest threat
(just to think you can overthrow the wg means something)
King's haki
Son of Garp the hero
Father of super-rookie luffy (king's haki)
Subordinates like Ivankov and Kuma

I think it's safe to say, that he is at the top (like whitebeard). I would expect him to be stronger than his father and stronger than the admirals.
Maybe only slightly stronger, but still stronger.

RezzieThaRapper
September 11, 2010, 05:13 PM
I've said before(but not on this thread) and I'll say it again...

I believe Dragon has the "Kumo Kumo No Mi" and is a Cloud Man
Wind control
Funnel Clouds
Lightning Clouds
Changes in Climate... The ability to remove clouds from an area
Rain
Hurricanes
Flight (GOKU!!!)
---could be the better of the moku moku no mi--- Smokers Fruit
The Ability to Cloud Judgement (Nah...)
========================================================

Whitebeard has the ability to destroy the world

Maybe Dragon has the ability to cause the Apocalpse

Bugzee
September 11, 2010, 06:14 PM
Considering what has already been stated in this thread about Dragon and his strengths, his known history and connections, I would like to predict and assume that he must surely have an immense amount of control over his Haōshoku Haki (although it hasn't been stated or confirmed that he does possess such haki, it's safe to say that he has for obvious reasons...;))

Imagine if it was Dragon instead of Luffy releasing his Haōshoku Haki in the middle of the Marineford War...now that would be a very special moment to witness. Only a few people would still be standing, no? :D

Anyway...there's obviously a strong "Dragon" theme connected with Dragon. Besides the Dragon-themed RV ship that was revealed in the Sabo flashback and his first name lol; it's more than likely he has some kind of Dragon-related df ability/powers? Maybe? Possibly? Well, I say he does. I guess we'll have to wait for the day we see him in action for it to be confirmed true or not...:)

Freid
September 11, 2010, 06:29 PM
Imagine if it was Dragon instead of Luffy releasing his Haōshoku Haki in the middle of the Marineford War...now that would a very special moment to witness. Only a few people would still be standing, no? :D

Hm, makes me wonder why Whitebeard didnt just do exactly that. Or even Garp if he has which he more than likely does.

El-Thor
September 11, 2010, 06:36 PM
Hm, makes me wonder why Whitebeard didnt just do exactly that. Or even Garp if he has which he more than likely does.

Maybe BEEEECUZ they don't ? :blink Was it explicitly stated that the two mentioned above have King's Haki?? I'm sure they would have definitely used it if they had it. Heck, Shanks used it when boarding WB's ship just to create and atmosphere :darn

The only other thought I have is that WB and Garp can't control it like Rayleigh can. Knocking out their nakama as well as the enemy.

Bugzee
September 11, 2010, 06:36 PM

That would've been cool to see but during those moments WB was facing off against the VA's (http://www.cloudmanga.com/One_Piece/569/#10-11)and he used haki as well when he said "I am Whitebeard!" (http://www.cloudmanga.com/One_Piece/569/#12-13). I guess reusing such large amounts of haki within such a small time frame is difficult/not possible. I still think it was great that Luffy did it. ^^ Garp wouldn't do it anyway. :(

@ El-Thor - Yes. Both WB & Shanks possess the Haōshoku Haki. Confirmed here (http://www.cloudmanga.com/One_Piece/570/#3).

Freid
September 11, 2010, 07:11 PM
Maybe BEEEECUZ they don't ? :blink Was it explicitly stated that the two mentioned above have King's Haki?? I'm sure they would have definitely used it if they had it. Heck, Shanks used it when boarding WB's ship just to create and atmosphere :darn

The only other thought I have is that WB and Garp can't control it like Rayleigh can. Knocking out their nakama as well as the enemy.

Erm. Wb has haki. i thought everyone would know that by now

That would've been cool to see but during those moments WB was facing off against the VA's (http://www.cloudmanga.com/One_Piece/569/#10-11)and he used haki as well when he said "I am Whitebeard!" (http://www.cloudmanga.com/One_Piece/569/#12-13). I guess reusing such large amounts of haki within such a small time frame is difficult/not possible. I still think it was great that Luffy did it. ^^ Garp wouldn't do it anyway. :(

@ El-Thor - Yes. Both WB & Shanks possess the Haōshoku Haki. Confirmed here (http://www.cloudmanga.com/One_Piece/570/#3).

Yh i noticed him using COA and COO during the war but why he didnt use his kings to just take out all the weaklings baffles me. I actually dont think there is a logical explanation for it tbh cause there was plenty of time for WB to kings haki the heck out of the fodder marines.
[hr]
But anyway. As for how strong dragon is, i think he is as strong as Whitebeard. The same reason why Garp isent called the strongest man in the world is the same reason why Dragon isnt imo. I think its because WB was simply the man that equally contested with the pirate king for the same goal. Competing as a fellow pirate with the biggest threat in the world equally made him as much as a threat after Rogers death. Cause you have Garp who also fought with roger and probably fought with him equally from how the manga stating that Garp cornered Roger many times. But garp aint called the strongest man in the world. Its simply because Wb competed with the pirate king (the best) equally as a fellow pirate. So then you have dragon who could probably also equally match Wb but he wont be called the strongest for those reasons. The strongest in each the government, revolutionists, and pirates are all probably equally as strong. Wb's devil fruit may also contribute to him being known as the strongest. I remember Sengoku saying that Wb can destroy the world with his power. That could also be why he is considered the strongest. But I honestly think that Dragon being the strongest of the revolutionist is as strong as the strongest pirate and the strongest marine.

kebuenowilly
September 13, 2010, 11:16 PM
Mythical Zoan model Dragon
:worship2

Fox666
September 14, 2010, 07:46 AM
Huh, being the son of a dragon makes me think of Fairy Tail...

Newkerzy
September 15, 2010, 08:21 AM
I think this pretty much confirms one of Dragon's ability is Haki. (http://www.cloudmanga.com/One_Piece/570/#4)

p1xel
September 15, 2010, 09:29 AM
I think that he has the ability to fly,beacuse it would be good to fight with earthquake ability.

OdaForPresident
September 15, 2010, 11:07 AM
Dragon is end-level strong for sure. Comparable in strength not to Yonkou or Admirals but to Fleet admiral (what was Kong's title again? Pan Fleet admiral?) and Pirate King.

I'm still rooting for his Wind Logia, not a weather related paramica type. Flying does seem like something a Wind Logia would be able to do. I'm also sure that he's got conquerers haki as well as a mastery of the other types.

Antares
September 15, 2010, 10:59 PM
Dragon is end-level strong for sure. Comparable in strength not to Yonkou or Admirals but to Fleet admiral (what was Kong's title again? Pan Fleet admiral?) and Pirate King.

Remember, even when sick and old, WB was still the strongest, and he was a part of the Yonkou. I'd say even Kong is not stronger than WB, so my opinion is Dragon is equal to other 3 Yonkou, new BB, and Kong. I think it's air logia or dragon zoan.

El-Thor
September 15, 2010, 11:15 PM
Dragon is right up there with the Admirals and the Yonkou.

khaja_200923
September 16, 2010, 02:45 AM
They do not nessesarily fear him for his strength, most likely his strength has very little to do with it! They fear him for the same reasons they fear Nico Robin, because of his knowledge, political influence and his leadership over the revulutionary army.

if he was weak then smoker would have atleast tried for his head but he gave up on him just by looking at him. that must mean he's horribly strong. besides he used haki to kick smoker while luffy was nailed down,and he also posses emperor.so he must be atleast as strong as wb or stronger than him.
[hr]

I think that he has the ability to fly,beacuse it would be good to fight with earthquake ability.

nah! he clearly has the paramecia type ability to control weather coz he made a thunderlightning and then a huge gust followed by rain storm that shows his control over for weather..
out of topic: i am hoping nami to have a similar ability to control weather coz of her expertise over climate.

Deo_df
September 16, 2010, 06:06 AM
I'm pretty sure it was implied that Luffy was just lucky. Garp doesn't have a df, why does Dragon have to have one? As for how powerful, I don't think the 3 admirals together could take him down, or perhaps only just but I doubt all 3 would survive?

frontaLobotomy
September 16, 2010, 06:33 AM
I'm with the consensus that he is as strong as the Admirals/Yonkou, possibly on a par with Whitebeard/Roger, and most likely has the Air/Wind fruit. If you control the wind, you control the weather, having a hax ability would seem fair given what the Admirals have got.

kkck
September 16, 2010, 08:40 PM
How about dragon having a dragon mythical zoan? I recall in certain cultures dragons are said to be capable of controlling weather and whatnot. In that sense, perhaps his mythical zoan dragon would be capable of such a thing along with other actual perks of being a dragong (strong hide, huge strength, firebreath....). It's so simple its stupid lol.

With a fruit like that he'd be extraordinarily powerful lol. As for how strong he'd be in a fight, I think he'd be something like WB or roger in their prime(even garp seemed to have fought on even ground with roger so it is not that unlikely). Ivankov is proof that the revolutionary leaders should be feared as much as the WB commanders or the shichibukai, he was clearly on the level. Even if the revolutionary leaders are level headed and coherent for the most part, it is unlikely they would follow dragon if his power wasn't up to it.

Freid
September 17, 2010, 04:22 PM
I wonder how dragon is going to showcase his power. In a war between the revolutionaries and the world government?. I doubt Oda is goint to make it that simple since we have already seen WB pirates vs the government. I know the way Dragon is going to showcase his strength will be big. Something may happen in the future concerning the government which would cause Dragon to move. Maybe personally. And there he will go against three admirals on his own maybe?
[hr]

How about dragon having a dragon mythical zoan? I recall in certain cultures dragons are said to be capable of controlling weather and whatnot. In that sense, perhaps his mythical zoan dragon would be capable of such a thing along with other actual perks of being a dragong (strong hide, huge strength, firebreath....). It's so simple its stupid lol.

With a fruit like that he'd be extraordinarily powerful lol.

You are right. There are different types of mythical dragons and one is called weather lord, an air dragon able to control weather, clouds, winds and storms.
[hr]
Apart from a Dragon fruit, dragon can also have a mythical zoan thunderbird fruit. This mythical creature is known for its power and strength. Its wings can also cause thunder and stir the wind, so the legend goes. It is capable of creating storms and thunder and can bring clouds together. Im gonna bet on him having this since its less predictable than a fruit with his namesake.

Fox666
September 18, 2010, 02:01 AM
Garp doesn't have a df, why does Dragon have to have one?We can't just say that someone doesn't possess a Devil Fruit just because we never saw that person fighting.

The same thing was said about Whitebeard and Sengoku, and they ended up having Devil Fruits...

kkck
September 18, 2010, 03:28 AM
DF are actually unique to OP, in that sense I would expect central characters to have one, it would make them unique. If a lot of people did not have DF, they'd be regular humans, they'd have little special abilities to showcase. Not sure why people here have such an aversion to DFs lol, characters are just that much more interesting when they have them. I expect the number of strong people around without DF to be absurdly limited, it'd make them that much more special.

zerocooldx
September 18, 2010, 04:13 PM
Dragon as an induvidual will undoubtedly end up being extremely strong. But his overall threat level isn't due to that. Its all because of his influence over the world and the fact that he is promoting and spreading revolutionary type of ideas. But yeah i expect him to be a pretty hard bad-ass in individuals fights.

TheMoa
September 18, 2010, 11:18 PM
I do expect Dragon to be a very powerful man, one of the strongest in the world. But i think that some people are overreacting his power, i mean, some guys expect him to be able to beat the 3 admirals together, I believe that noone in the world can beat he 3 admirals together all by himself(heath WB included).

kkck
September 19, 2010, 01:19 AM
^WB in his prime is a sort of wildacard IMO. He was able to fight admirals in his 70s with a stab in his gut and for moments he didn't even have his haki(otherwise aokiji would be dead). Perhaps WB in his prime could indeed have fought with 3 admirals and even come on top lol. Anyways, if dragon has the strength of roger/WB in their primes then he right now should pretty much the strongest man alive.