PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Luffy Shirahoshi's saviour

ibi
May 25, 2011, 06:01 PM
We all saw the foreshadowing of luffy being the guy who will guide Shirahoshi to become the saviour of the world bla bla bla,,

but how do you think he will prove himself?
Who will he fight? (and what moves do you want to see)
Will it be someone else from behind the scenes?
What will he say?
Or who else it might be instead of luffy?

Smit
May 27, 2011, 09:35 AM
Probably something like this. Shirahoshi will use her power in a desperate moment. The seakings will start attacking something/someone. And then a milimeter before they hit their target luffy will use his COC to stop them. Everyone will be surpised (except the SH's) Then the princess and king will beg luffy to guide/train Shirahoshi.

sh4dx
May 28, 2011, 03:37 PM
Probably luffy will be the one to "guide" shirahoshi and make her use her power for the protection of FI and with this they will not need someone like BigMom to protect them.I can easily see that "plot" coming and BigMom getting angry with luffy holding him a grudge sooner or later in the NW or even near the end of the arc.
Also it's obvious that after he helps her control/use her ability near the end that the great war will take place she'll be on his side by summoning those sea kings and help him.
[hr]

Probably something like this. Shirahoshi will use her power in a desperate moment. The seakings will start attacking something/someone. And then a milimeter before they hit their target luffy will use his COC to stop them. Everyone will be surpised (except the SH's) Then the princess and king will beg luffy to guide/train Shirahoshi.

There is no way to beg him neither for him to train her.At best he'll make her understand about her power and use it for the protection of her country.Nothing like "cmon scaredycat time for training,summon 3 sea kings"!

kkck
May 30, 2011, 12:56 PM
What would be the point of luffy training shirahoshi to begin with? we have no reasont to believe shirahoshi's ability (or that of any other merfolk to comunicate with fish) has anything to do with haki to begin with. Luffy does not know how to communicate with animals or fish either. he can either eat or beat the crap out of them for the most part. He can use his haki to impose himself over others but that seems a tad different from what merfolk seem to do.

Luffy could guide shirahoshi in some ways but training is the least likely of them all. Shirahoshi could be inspired by luffy for instance. anyways, I do agree in that luffy will have a great effect on shirahoshi and perhaps go as far as changing her seemingly frail personality into that of an actual strong and determined person.

ZERO PHOENIX
June 01, 2011, 02:50 PM
That depends. Rayleigh said that there were different types of Haki out there. It's possible that Merfolk do use a certain type of Haki in their own right. Though, seemingly less powerful it's reasonable to assume that Haki will play a role of continuing importance as we head further and further into the story.

kkck
June 01, 2011, 10:27 PM
That depends. Rayleigh said that there were different types of Haki out there. It's possible that Merfolk do use a certain type of Haki in their own right. Though, seemingly less powerful it's reasonable to assume that Haki will play a role of continuing importance as we head further and further into the story.

I don't think it would make a shred of sense for haki to have anything to do with these. Haki has been shown to be acquired either by training and experience or you are born being able to use it (so far only the observation part though). It is a very exceptional situation for people to be born being able to use haki, we have actually seen only 2 people capable of that so far. If communicating with sea creatures has anything to do with haki then we would be talking about each and every being born with the innate capacity to use haki. I can understand every living being having the potential to acquire haki but in turn having each and every merfolk being born with that is kinda absurd. Haki is generic enough as it is....

Poneglyph420
June 03, 2011, 12:40 PM
I don't see Luffy as the saviour of Shirahoshi, FI or really anything for that matter. He's far too simple minded to grasp such a potential role...
In the previous chapter Otohime says that someone will come to guide Shirahoshi...

Source Here: http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/OnePiece626/243099-11.html

But knowing that the power Shirahoshi has is one that can be used either for great good or destruction adds another dimension. Will Hodi create a situation where Shirahoshi falls into despair and anger?? Would the Sea Kings then ravage and rampage over FI..? Or maybe Luffy will serve as the force that keeps Shirahoshi in control of her power... Allowing her to use this great ability for the good of Fishman and for the dreams of migration.
It does seem like Princess Crybaby will begin to play a much bigger part in the climax and resolution of this arc...

And we can finally see what this vision of Madame Shirley's pans out into..
But for sure the controlling of Sea Kings is a unique ability, and has nothing to do with Haki or a DF power... It's one of the mysteries of the sea.......

I see migration coming due to the mess made by Sea Kings, Hodi and Luffy.....
Seeing how there might not be much remaining afterwards...................

sarutobi_sensei
June 04, 2011, 05:44 AM
What would be the point of luffy training shirahoshi to begin with? we have no reasont to believe shirahoshi's ability (or that of any other merfolk to comunicate with fish) has anything to do with haki to begin with. Luffy does not know how to communicate with animals or fish either. he can either eat or beat the crap out of them for the most part. He can use his haki to impose himself over others but that seems a tad different from what merfolk seem to do.

Luffy could guide shirahoshi in some ways but training is the least likely of them all. Shirahoshi could be inspired by luffy for instance. anyways, I do agree in that luffy will have a great effect on shirahoshi and perhaps go as far as changing her seemingly frail personality into that of an actual strong and determined person.
Actually, Luffy does know how to speak and listen to animals. He's done so many times. Most recent one was with Sarume. Sure he just imposed himself, but he still communicated with her. Then there were the times with the Karate Seals and the dog from the beggining. He probably is like Roger and can hear the voice of all things.

Anyway, I don't see him training her, more like she being inspired by him.

Like someone said before, I can see the scenario of her using her power because something was going to happen to her brothers or island or even father, the sea kings emmerge and are about to destroy the island or attack someone innocent and Luffy stops them. Then he smacks her for using that power without knowing how to. XD

kkck
June 04, 2011, 04:26 PM
I would think the situation with surume is dramatically different to the point of it being irrelevant at best. For one thing, surume could already understand people. It's not like luffy is specifically communicating with it, anyone at all can do it. It just so happens luffy beat her up enough to maker her listen to him. On the other hand, mermaids do not actually talk with other sea creatures but rather they communicate their feelings and heart directly. I don't think the guidance luffy is supposed to provide has anything to do with him smacking her. He could easily use his conqueror's haki to knock her out to begin with. Considering shirahoshi's personality, she is probably too weak to use her power one way or the other. For the most part I would think luffy's influence will change that and turn her into someone who can use that power willingly for good.

Nonlife
June 07, 2011, 02:42 PM
Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy turns out to be her "Good Samaritan." He has a penchant for getting directly & indirectly involved in people's affairs.

Does anyone see the possible correlation regarding Shirahoshi's savior & "Madame Shark's" prediction of Fisherman Island's destruction at the hands of a man wearing a Strawhat?

kkck
June 09, 2011, 01:08 PM
When was the whole savior thing ever said? I thought it was guide...

White Rose
June 13, 2011, 10:03 AM
One thought : shirahoshi just not look like the fighting type
But actually, I havent read the chapters recently, so I wont give any theories

lgstarn
June 13, 2011, 10:52 AM
The silhouette of Shirahoshi's savior/guide is clearly Shanks. It couldn't be any more clear in my mind.

Compare:
http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/OnePiece626/243099-11.html
and:
http://www.besttherank.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/shanks1.png

Notice the body of the cape, the fact that only one arm (the left one) is showing, the hairstyle, the collar of the cape, etc.

kkck
June 14, 2011, 10:06 AM
Oda is not necessarily known for making those black forms resemble who they actually represent. Remember when the shichibukai were introduced? The seven figures looked like mihawk lol. I doubt shanks will appear this arc, it is a bit too soon for him and luffy to meet.

lgstarn
June 17, 2011, 10:52 AM
Oda is not necessarily known for making those black forms resemble who they actually represent. Remember when the shichibukai were introduced? The seven figures looked like mihawk lol. I doubt shanks will appear this arc, it is a bit too soon for him and luffy to meet.

Well that is true about the silhouette not necessarily resembling who they represent, but with the Shichibukai example (I can't find the exact link, so if you know it off-hand that would be great) it is possible that Oda had not yet finished the character design for all of the Shichibukai. Also, there is nothing that says the savior needs to appear in this arc... the legend just says that "someone will appear to guide the mermaid that can speak to the sea kings ... and when that happens, the world will be forever changed." I agree that it is too early for Shanks and Luffy to meet, but maybe it is also too early for the OP world to be forever changed...

mattiaildivino
June 21, 2011, 06:03 PM
it's seems she's gonna be the last member of the crew but I hope she isn't! I want Jimbe to be that fishman comrade,but this fight looks like the excuse not to make jimbe the new mugiwara.but where will they put shirahoshi in the ship?she is too big XD.

hhv94
November 23, 2011, 08:47 AM
Yeah after this latest chapter I do think it's Luffy who will be guiding Shirahoshi in some way. I still wonder whether he will make her part of his crew or just train her at Fishman Island and leave her there? Can't wait for the next chapter! :)