PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Anime Ratings Thread

saladesu
May 27, 2011, 10:40 AM
This thread is for posting and discussing anime ratings (viewership ratings aka 視聴率 in Japanese).

This is last week's top 10:

Sazae-san 20.3%
Chibimaruko-chan 15.0%
Crayon Shin-chan 10.9%
Doraemon 9.4%
One Piece 9.3%
Detective Conan 7.2%
Toriko 6.8%
Pokemon Best Wishes 6.0%
Suite PreCure 5.7%
Tamagocchi 4.6%

All these sites are in Japanese, but if you need to search for a particular series' ratings, these are the best place to get them:
- http://www.videor.co.jp/data/ratedata/top10.htm (top 10 weekly)
- http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/2011a.html (organized by year and broadcast day)

Asgaroth
May 27, 2011, 12:33 PM
most of this series are for really little kids, seems to me like they the biggest group who watches anime...

meeedoooz
May 27, 2011, 03:41 PM
thanks saladesu... i can't read Japanese so looking forward to some one translating the ranking every week

Zeltrax
May 27, 2011, 09:33 PM
This is last week's top 10:

Sazae-san 20.3%
Chibimaruko-chan 15.0%
Crayon Shin-chan 10.9%
Doraemon 9.4%
One Piece 9.3%
Detective Conan 7.2%
Toriko 6.8%
Pokemon Best Wishes 6.0%
Suite PreCure 5.7%
Tamagocchi 4.6%

You can find them at ANN too.
Anyway, I don't really follow it because its pretty standard.
Its always sazae-san , shin-chan, doraemon and then one piece followed by conan and pokemon, occasionally you'll see Naruto or fairy tail popping up there :s
And yeah, kids are the biggest group who watches and those animes are directed at kids( also because of the time-slot ) with the exception of One Piece and maybe Toriko.
I'm surprised that toriko anime is doing so well.

Asarii
May 28, 2011, 08:15 PM
#1 to 4 are a "let's watch this at the dinner table" anime rather than being solely aimed for children. They're a cultural phenomenon like The Simpsons since they've all ran for 10+ years. My mom remembers watching Sazae-san when she was younger, and I used to watch Crayon Shin-chan and Doraemon a while back as well. :)