PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 237 Discussion

ghostexiled
May 28, 2011, 12:48 AM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70189) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

-Ken-
June 03, 2011, 12:55 PM
The chapter's out.

Wow, Erza does manage to win after all. Well, I'm glad. Otherwise, Fairy Tail is screwed.

Bhoot
June 03, 2011, 01:00 PM
Are we seeing a new member of fairy tail ?? I mean this guy seriously admires FT it seems [pretty much from the start]

Yey! Erza won !!
Oh w8 ......... its nothing new >"<

meepers4982
June 03, 2011, 01:07 PM
meh, an okay chapter, first time im saying this in a long time. In a way i wish that fairytail was completely doomed, that wouldve worked for me in this arc. Im more surprised by how quickly the chapter was released then the content.

Lyn685
June 03, 2011, 01:09 PM
How ridiculous, those stupid plottwists that come out of nowhere really ruin this manga for me.
It´s the same in every arc.

Darjaille
June 03, 2011, 01:14 PM
Nakama power, huh? *sigh*
I was glad that Erza lost at least once,....
Personally, I didn't like this chapter. It should be impossible for her to stand up, but oh well... Nothing happened, just Jellal, her thinking and thinking and remembering, nakama power and one hit. And I was so hyped when I read 'Council' on the first page.
Only thing I like about it is that now Gil can end his fight.

BTW, this is really early, no? I'm not complaining, better than Monday xD I'll read it again when MS releases.

Ifrit
June 03, 2011, 01:27 PM
sigh....another friendship power up crap sorry but soooo expected.

Nothing interesting in this chapter. at least that what I think.

dirtywork
June 03, 2011, 01:38 PM
Fairy's needed loss it's so childish to win over and over again boooooring a bit

ca12nag3
June 03, 2011, 01:39 PM
sigh....another friendship power up crap sorry but soooo expected.

Nothing interesting in this chapter. at least that what I think.

hmm? Its not a friendship powerup. She recalls that everyone is protecting her all the time. She doesnt realy explain how she isnt affected by his powers. Gerard on the other hand was casting a spell of some sort. Even if it isnt explained to me it seems as tho he made it so she could win.. Or else what was he casting?

NAM61
June 03, 2011, 01:52 PM
good chapter nice to see erza win wonder if the guy is truly gone i doubt it will be that easy but hope it is over so we get to see gilzards fight. and maybe zerf waking up.

Darjaille
June 03, 2011, 01:52 PM
hmm? Its not a friendship powerup. She recalls that everyone is protecting her all the time. She doesnt realy explain how she isnt affected by his powers. Gerard on the other hand was casting a spell of some sort. Even if it isnt explained to me it seems as tho he made it so she could win.. Or else what was he casting?

He didn't cast anything. It was the frog-guard giving him some electric shock or something like that.

Hm... where's the chapter exactly?

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/237 ^_^

ca12nag3
June 03, 2011, 02:16 PM
He didn't cast anything. It was the frog-guard giving him some electric shock or something like that.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/237 ^_^

If you read again youll see that the frogs even say hes chanting something. So yes hes casting a spell.

lordoffantasy
June 03, 2011, 02:22 PM
Nakama power, huh? *sigh*
I was glad that Erza lost at least once,....
Personally, I didn't like this chapter. It should be impossible for her to stand up, but oh well... Nothing happened, just Jellal, her thinking and thinking and remembering, nakama power and one hit. And I was so hyped when I read 'Council' on the first page.
Only thing I like about it is that now Gil can end his fight.

BTW, this is really early, no? I'm not complaining, better than Monday xD I'll read it again when MS releases.

then you are not apying too much attention to what is happening, all in all. firstly, since the magic is the life, and spirit, and meotions are part of the spirit, it can all be augmented with enough personal will. also note that azuma had exhausted himself already fighting her. likely his control over the tenrou had waned after unleashing so much power against her. ;et's face it, among the fairy tail right now, erza is the freshest. she hasn't fought anyone considerable until azuma.
now let us infere a little here. i doubt that the tenrou tree, who's main focus is energizing and healing, can be completely misdirected from its original purpose. he could not control it, could not compltely perverse tenrou's power.
however, let us face the fact that it ain't over yet. tenrou has been sustaining makarov's life, perhaps, but now it is itself in peril. even if fairy tail survives, it will be a lost if zerof is revived. perhaps this arc is a fairy tail story turning point. if seref is returned to hsi original state, he would enact a terrible plan to harm the world, even destroy it. also it seems something is happeng in the background, the dragon slayers being part of it. did not zeref himself say that natsu was destined to kill him? now, with all we know about natsu, would the boy kill zeref before he turns evil?

Keino
June 03, 2011, 02:22 PM
Just when I though the conclusion of this arc was going to be great Mashima trolled me.

First off Erza was blasted by the power of Tenrou island, so she should have been done for the count but that was not to be. When I saw Jellal at the end of the last chapter, I thought it was like when we saw Laxus or the mystery kid. I understand having bad feeling about someone's well being when you are away from them but somehow his words managed to reach Erza. Maybe it's because I don't like Jellal but there is no way anyone can convince that that is possible given the circumstances. I accepted that nonetheless and moved on and was glad to see that Azuma was still in control and blasted her again and had her tied up but now she gets a Natsu like "nakama powerup" and deals Azuma a serious blow? Btw if Azuma was defeated by that alone I will be further disappointed.

To me this is why many people hate on Fairy tail so much. This chapter is like ammunition for such haters. I know that nakama bonds is a big part of the story but as a fan of Fairy Tail I hate it when it is exploited to this level. Hope next chapter is redeeming cuz imo this chapter is not worth me remembering.

Drakk707
June 03, 2011, 02:27 PM
I feel sooooo trolled right now, and after that amazing fight Asuma and Erza had, no ass-pulls nor random people butting in, just a fair and square fight between the most awesome Kin of Purgatory and Erza giving it all out, I was so pleasantly shocked after she seemingly lost last week It was perfect! A completely dire situation from which Fairy Tail would have to rise from the ashes as a better guild afterwards (With a couple of deaths and scarred FOREVAAAAAAAAAAR), but no Mashima just HAD to ruin it everything with the Nakama Deus Ex Machina, jeez and I specially HATE when he does it with Erza 'cuz she always gets unnecessarily over-corny ¬_¬

ShoobyDooBop
June 03, 2011, 02:30 PM
WHAT THE ****?! She stood up after that attack? BS!! Disappointment! Mashima just ruined an awesome character. This goddamn chapter just pisses me off to the bones!!! It freaking happened... that BS nakama power-up. If Laxus poped up and owned Azuma,it would be 100 better than this BS. So I guess the moral of this chapter was that trying to turn the magical power of a guild against it is a pretty bad and stupid idea. And "make sure your friend in jail has strong enough feelings that you can hear them calling to you" : o

Drakk707
June 03, 2011, 02:33 PM
If you read again youll see that the frogs even say hes chanting something. So yes hes casting a spell.

And a few panels next the other frog states that he can't do spells while he's locked up in there, he may have TRIED to cast a spell but that doesn't mean he achieved it and even if he did (Which can't be proved) that's still an ass-pull since he shouldn't be able to for numerous reasons. I personally think he was just mumbling "to" Erza as we later saw.

Darjaille
June 03, 2011, 02:40 PM

That's what you had on your mind, I got it bad. I thought you was talking about that light around him when that frog-guard hit the button.
That chanting.. I think he's just mumbling Erza's name cheering her from distance or something like that.

then you are not apying too much attention to what is happening, all in all. firstly, since the magic is the life, and spirit, and meotions are part of the spirit, it can all be augmented with enough personal will.

Yeah, we've seen Natsu's and Erza's will a lot of times. If emotions are the thing that will save them from every magic attack, they really won't lost ever.

also note that azuma had exhausted himself already fighting her. likely his control over the tenrou had waned after unleashing so much power against her.

Why should his control over Tenrou Island wane? It's more like the spirit, the magic that was protecting FT members couldn't stand hurting one of fairies (you stated it later in post), but it isn't clear...

I agree with the rest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder about Mest, what is he doing? I'm curious what will the Council do now.

Krono
June 03, 2011, 02:46 PM
I feel sooooo trolled right now, and after that amazing fight Asuma and Erza had, no ass-pulls nor random people butting in, just a fair and square fight between the most awesome Kin of Purgatory and Erza giving it all out, I was so pleasantly shocked after she seemingly lost last week It was perfect! A completely dire situation from which Fairy Tail would have to rise from the ashes as a better guild afterwards (With a couple of deaths and scarred FOREVAAAAAAAAAAR), but no Mashima just HAD to ruin it everything with the Nakama Deus Ex Machina, jeez and I specially HATE when he does it with Erza 'cuz she always gets unnecessarily over-corny ¬_¬

1) Rise from the ashes as a better guild? They're already the strongest legal guild, and the strongest dark guild barely has an edge on them. How do expect them to become a "better" guild?
2) Grimmoire Heart winning with Azuma still up and draining the guild would mean everyone dies. Either from Azuma draining them, or from Bluenote and Rusty Rose killing them.
3) "(With a couple of deaths and scarred FOREVAAAAAAAAAAR)" Uh, no. Please don't expect the series to leap towards "Darker and Edgier" as though it were jumping off a cliff, or the characters to suddenly become all depressed/angsty/emo, and you will not be disappointed when the series sticks with it's generally light tone.

swordsaintscoot
June 03, 2011, 03:11 PM
I don't want deaths, but I want them to lose. This IS the first chapter i've been legitimately annoyed with, enough so to use the word I hate, asspull.

1) Azuma was not out of magic power, or exhausted enough to have lost control over the magic. Why? It wasn't his magic to begin with, that he was unleashing. In fact look at how calm he is when he sees Erza about to strike him down. He's not really all that tired.

2) Ugh, the magic protecting Erza was so gay, gay, gay, gay. If she was going to win, she should've won properly. Not with something as dumb as this.

basically it seems like mashima was like "well im not creative so idk how to get them out of this situation if Erza loses cos im massively stupid.

i am annoyed </3

LoS
June 03, 2011, 03:21 PM
Oh my goodness, what a travesty. Such a joke Mashima, you had your chance and you opted for Nakama powerup, something you have never, I repeat, never, done well.

Those first 5 pages, what the heck were they? I don't give 2 shits about Gerard, in fact, that guy shouldn't even matter. This connection with Ezra is silly. Ezra must be having wet dreams of the man often. Instead of a stupid connection I could believe she was delusional. I'd rather that.

I absolutely knew, like everyone else, that Mashima wouldn't have Ezra lose, that is the only reason this isn't complete shit. We knew the guild's strong connection and heartfelt feelings he has been spamming non stop throughout this entire arc would in the end help out the Fairy Tail mages.

Sad thing now is he will most likely have Natsu, Gildartz, Freid, and Bixlow all return to 100% power, or near enough. Which is completely dumb.

Time for me to end my rant. I had been coping with many of the recent chapters, but this one just pushed me over the edge. The plot build up only played in so far as Azuma not being able to fully control the island's power, and that bonds of fellowship/friendship is stronger than the dark evil feelings of the demons, of which Mashima has been forcibly writing in the margins each chapter. This said, Azuma already was plenty strong, in fact after Ezra got such a beating Azuma should have been strong enough to defeat her without resorting to using the Island's power. But nope, instead Mashima had to go and do the Nakama powerup, of which he sucks at doing.

Basically what Mashima has done now, is open a can of worms. Literally no single Fairy Tail mage can be defeated when it absolutely matters. That is what he is saying this chapter. The island and Fairy Tail's strong bonds protect them. But then of course he will pull something out of the air with Hades being an ex-master who know the island's secrets which enables him to find a loophole enabling him get what he wants.

Ifrit
June 03, 2011, 03:36 PM

They didn't show..I don't know but like u said the frog said that Gerard is doing something..but still all the memory of her guild members n they all appear in big large pictures that ain't friendship power up for you.?....and do u really like the way it turned to be ? You know what. I don't wanna say luxus or gerard or even that stupid boy stare @ the sea who I think been staring for too long now :P
anyway if "Happy" defeated Azuma it would be still better than the way he did it LOL xD

swordsaintscoot
June 03, 2011, 03:48 PM
They didn't show..I don't know but like u said the frog said that Gerard is doing something..but still all the memory of her guild members n they all appear in big large pictures that ain't friendship power up for you.?....and do u really like the way it turned to be ? You know what. I don't wanna say luxus or gerard or even that stupid boy stare @ the sea who I think been staring for too long now :P
anyway if "Happy" defeated Azuma it would be still better than the way he did it LOL xD

I would've been more content with Azuma losing to happy than the way Erza won. It'd be better if Happy like snuck up on Azuma, flew up with him then dropped him on his head or something, anything was better than this. Hades can't lose though, so hopefully he's the saving grace of this arc, or Bluenote, i'd personally enjoy gildartz losing to bluenote. When hades said gildartz could stop bluenote, it's safe to say he doesnt know about how injured gildartz is.

But what azuma has done is amazing. Best villian of FT yet imo. He just powerhoused through Fairy Tail mages like a boss and then lost to mashimas storytelling. props to mashima for being the most OP protagonist. >_>

who knows, maybe the amount of magic azumas drawn from the mages is enough to have gildartz lose to bluenote, and everyone else lose anyway.

THOUGH, if azuma isn't completely incapacitated, he may draw with Erza by using what's left of his magic to include her in Tenrou's draining. I could....live with that.

-Ken-
June 03, 2011, 04:02 PM
Well, at least I can say that Azuma is the BEST villain ever to grace Fairy Tail. I like how he admit defeat in the last moment.

If Azuma doesn't use Tenrou island power, he probably going to just die by the sword slash Erza did back then. Perhaps not, but Mashima clearly don't want Erza to ever lose.

Aikidoka
June 03, 2011, 04:07 PM
Is no one else somewhat amused by this chapter? After using so many asspulls of "nakama power" to justify the good guys winning, Mashima finally took it one step further by introducing a literal nakama power in the form of Tenrou Island. Kind of funny, if you ask me.

Keino
June 03, 2011, 04:13 PM
THOUGH, if azuma isn't completely incapacitated, he may draw with Erza by using what's left of his magic to include her in Tenrou's draining. I could....live with that.

I too hope Azuma isn't defeated because compared to the abuse he gave Erza all he got was a scratch. To me as well its like he just let Erza slash him as well because he just stood there, smiled and let Erza cut him. It wasn't as if he ran out of magic energy so to me he could have stopped her attack but looks like he just marveled at the nakama power of the guild.:(

ca12nag3
June 03, 2011, 04:19 PM

Gerard did the impossible before like surviving the entire thing at the tower, being revived by Wendy. So just cause some frog says it wont work it wont? Thats a rather simple explanation. She however did recall stuff that happend with her and Gerard so im more inclined to believe that he did affect the outcome here. I hope well see more solid facts about why who won. And not just a random fluke of powerup ^^"

Ero-Sanji
June 03, 2011, 04:43 PM
Haha, what an amazing chapter!
Seriously, how does he make 17 pages feel like 5? That is some incredible writing, indeed.

Anyway, Nakama boost it is, Nakama boost it will remain. This is how the manga is built and I guess there's no turning back. But as I have stated many times before it gets predictable which creates a sense of boredom. I still love the manga but I've got to admit that this series is getting more and more repetitive when it comes to the fighting sequences.

Okey, so, know that Azuma mysteriously got beat(I just love the fact that he just stands there with his palm open, why...?), the power within the island and the guild members should return. Which means Gildartz should be able to fight Bluenote again, which is also quite odd, I mean shouldn't Bluenote have taken care of all of them by now? Rustyrose on the other hand seemed to have been in control even before the power drain so I guess he'll defeat team Fried as well. Still wonder what that boy has to do with everything?

Sollum
June 03, 2011, 05:02 PM
Wait... what? I just pushed next... next... next... and the chapter was over... the ef? >.> I'll try rereading it tomorrow, with putting more accent to whats drawn in pictures, because at the moment i am... a bit trolled and disappointed....

Maybe some good posts will open up my eyes...

swordsaintscoot
June 03, 2011, 06:00 PM
Wait... what? I just pushed next... next... next... and the chapter was over... the ef? >.> I'll try rereading it tomorrow, with putting more accent to whats drawn in pictures, because at the moment i am... a bit trolled and disappointed....

Maybe some good posts will open up my eyes...

Doubt you'll get many positive posts about this chapter. It really wasn't anything special or exciting, I mean sure, in anime form it's going to be freaking sexy to watch but the way Erza was protected by Fairy Tail's magic was kinda lame. Maybe if the first attack did the same thing I'd be more accepting, but Fairy Tail's Tenrou magic blasted Erza once, why not a second time? She was all but done for last chapter, and in this one she stands up perfectly fine. You can't just be all like "You are defeated, Erza" only to have her stand up and make Azuma 'wtf' next chapter. I really hate that in mangas the good guys get wailed on a million times harder than the enemies, they can take like 100 brutal attacks, but 1 brutal attack to a bad guy is game over. It's always the same thing "OMG HOW DID SHE GET UP" or OMG HOW DID YOU SURVIVE" sort of thing. To a limit it's acceptable, but IDK, this was just totally unsatisfying and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Better get some good shit happening next chapter. I hope the only reason Erza pulled through was because Mashima wanted to give gildartz more action. Everyones so pumped to see Gildartz fight properly lol.

Also while admiring Azuma, I noticed his ear rings. It's not much, but could he in ANYWAY have a relationship with Porlyusica? The crescent moon symbol is something they both share.

ca12nag3
June 03, 2011, 06:08 PM
Ok let me get clear on a few things here,

A LOT that happend in the manga was said to be impossible yadiya, like Natsu eating Rebuke or God flames....YET HE DID!
So why are you guys so bent on a frog saying Gerard cant cast from within that cell. Ok cleared that up.

-Gerard is casting something, the frogs are like what you doing you casting something? Thats impossible...well prolly not for him.

-Erza even goes like...is that Gerards voice? ...cant be can it? Well yes it is.

-Most likely he cast something to make Erza stronger or w/e he did.

-Erza recalls her friends always protecting her and goes (for my namaka etc etc) That doesnt mean she got a namaka powerup btw. (if Gerard boosted her that is.)

swordsaintscoot
June 03, 2011, 06:10 PM
Doubt you'll get many positive posts about this chapter. It really wasn't anything special or exciting, I mean sure, in anime form it's going to be freaking sexy to watch but the way Erza was protected by Fairy Tail's magic was kinda lame. Maybe if the first attack did the same thing I'd be more accepting, but Fairy Tail's Tenrou magic blasted Erza once, why not a second time? She was all but done for last chapter, and in this one she stands up perfectly fine. You can't just be all like "You are defeated, Erza" only to have her stand up and make Azuma 'wtf' next chapter. I really hate that in mangas the good guys get wailed on a million times harder than the enemies, they can take like 100 brutal attacks, but 1 brutal attack to a bad guy is game over. It's always the same thing "OMG HOW DID SHE GET UP" or OMG HOW DID YOU SURVIVE" sort of thing. To a limit it's acceptable, but IDK, this was just totally unsatisfying and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Better get some good shit happening next chapter. I hope the only reason Erza pulled through was because Mashima wanted to give gildartz more action. Everyones so pumped to see Gildartz fight properly lol.

Also while admiring Azuma, I noticed his ear rings. It's not much, but could he in ANYWAY have a relationship with Porlyusica? The crescent moon symbol is something they both share.

hate getting the last post on a page. so read that ^.

Additionally, Porlyusica basically lives IN a tree. Azuma has great tree arc, and crescent moon ear rings. coincidence? probably. noteworthy? Sure as hell.

tobeulp
June 03, 2011, 06:16 PM
Wow this is really unexpected mainly because from what we predicted the worst outcome Mashima could commit in the chapter he had done it... It is a shame that he pull a Nakama powerup this chapter there are a lot of ways rather than a cheap Nakama powerup... Pretty much disappointed in this chapter

Shinsatsu
June 03, 2011, 06:18 PM
I really don't know what to say. My immediate reaction was like WTF?oO...
But then I remembered all the previous miracles that happened during the last few tough fights and I calmed down a bit.
Obviously, bringing another character to the island to help wasn't an option. So, we got this Nakama thing instead. But I wouldn't complain about it.
Let's just hope that the next main battles are more solid. Especially when Hades is fighting seriously.

ErosVp
June 03, 2011, 07:06 PM
Mashima just trolled us. Trash chapter with asspull, and I still don't understand why Azuma didn't try to dodge, it is not like he was tired...

ca12nag3
June 03, 2011, 07:11 PM
I dont see too much of an asspull, previous chapter shows gerard calling out to erza and its where this chapter continues. Its not like we couldnt expect this. I supose its best to let it sink in a bit first ^^

Vaste Lorde
June 03, 2011, 07:22 PM
I dont see too much of an asspull, previous chapter shows gerard calling out to erza and its where this chapter continues. Its not like we couldnt expect this. I supose its best to let it sink in a bit first ^^

The biggest ass-pull. What is this bullshit.

This guy just pulled a kubo on us. Halibel vs Ice kid...... ( the tragedy, why must creators take this shitty path).

I swear more and more mangas these days pull this same style, downplays their creativity.

The most memorable and best stories are those with events that psychologically disturb us, this was Mashimas chance to truly uplift fairy tails entire story.

Now that Erza has magically one ( don't give me that BS that she was already strong), Everyone in fairy tail will somehow get up and recover most of their strengths because they got one BS ability that no bad guys can ever attain.

The power of friendship that magically cures every wound and defeats all evil. Child's story if you ask me. Overall very weak chapter. Highly disappointed he took this bath.

I felt violated.

Keino
June 03, 2011, 07:30 PM
Ok let me get clear on a few things here,

A LOT that happend in the manga was said to be impossible yadiya, like Natsu eating Rebuke or God flames....YET HE DID!
So why are you guys so bent on a frog saying Gerard cant cast from within that cell. Ok cleared that up.

-Gerard is casting something, the frogs are like what you doing you casting something? Thats impossible...well prolly not for him.

-Erza even goes like...is that Gerards voice? ...cant be can it? Well yes it is.

-Most likely he cast something to make Erza stronger or w/e he did.

-Erza recalls her friends always protecting her and goes (for my namaka etc etc) That doesnt mean she got a namaka powerup btw. (if Gerard boosted her that is.)

Well the jail is made of magic stones which seals off magic so that you can't cast it that is why it is not possible, not because those stupid frogs said so.

A spell that makes her stronger??? I don't see any evidence of that it was his words that revived her.
Plus she did receive a nakama power up because after Jellal gave her the boost Azuma beat her up again. It is after she saw Natsu and the others and they gave her that push is when she was able to slash Azuma, with no resistance I might add.

I think you should re-read the chapter its pretty clear it was an ass pull.

luffyg2
June 03, 2011, 07:57 PM
In is last moment the gut didn't really do anything to stop Erza's attack.. he just stood there... guess he understood that it was too late and that he had already lost uh...

Atobe the king
June 03, 2011, 08:19 PM
Everyone had joygasms when Erza lost last week, now this week nothing but salt. I guess thats one fun part of the manga community. At the rate things were going FT either dies....or get saved by plot armor...seeing as this isn't a seinen trying too hard the latter was the likeliest out come.

sarutobi_sensei
June 03, 2011, 08:26 PM
Lol she actually won. And here we thought that FT would actually lose. Damn.

Tough it was interesting to see that Gérard's voice can actually reach Erza. Liked the part where she was going to say his name but it was Natsu.

So the island does protect FT members. It kept protecting Erza during the fight.

Anyway, it was just an ok chapter. Would've been better if they actually lost.

eefrit
June 03, 2011, 08:32 PM
I have to say if I had the ability to reach through my computer and slap this chapter I would. I already have a slight dislike of Gerard, but...seriously? And although I get the reason for her power-up, I sure as crap don't like it. She just overpowered him as if he didn't kick her arse last chapter. And you know what, I would have even settled for a tie. At least it wouldn't have seemed like a miracle. This is exactly the same problem I had with Natsu vs Zancrow.

One thing I did like about the chapter was the respect Azuma had for Fairy Tail. Also Erza's attack looked pretty cool.

morau-san
June 03, 2011, 08:42 PM
i was horribly offended by this chapter. erza got destroyed last chapter. she really couldn't just lose? laxus coming may have seemed predictable to some people but it sure as hell was better than "friendship asspull plot armor power go!" i read the chapter thinking "what BS, i bet everyone at mangahelpers will be in shock when they read this disaster" /rant

ghostexiled
June 03, 2011, 08:51 PM
I know a lot of you guys are upset with this chapter... which is completely fine.

Just remember to keep your post positively critical and don't fall into bash/flame mode on either the series, characters or creator. :)

Thanks!

llamapie
June 03, 2011, 08:55 PM
I don't see the problem with this chapter. The arc as a whole lacks a point so far. Granted the whole Zeref thing still needs clarification but I don't see the issue. This is FT's island, it has many mysterious properties and clearly one of them is that the island has a will of its own and was able to turn the tables for Erza at the end.

1337 haxor
June 03, 2011, 09:29 PM
Yo dang Mashima! I haven't felt so trolled since...

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p96/stalker017/355.png

Fking crap of a chapter!

For me, one of the most optimistic persons in this forum to say such is because it really sucked badly!

Honestly speaking, couldn't you at least made this less nonsense?

I mean, I could even grasp Erza taking him down by surprise after he turned his back to her but BLUNTLY COPYING KUROSAKI ICHIGO was way over ridiculous.

At least one thing went good out of that mess, my predictions sort of got en route.

I told that Meredy and Azuma would likely join Fairy Tail and seems that will happen somewhere in the future.

Erza's victory and Azuma's seemingly exagerated importance were just a repetition of the dogma stating that Erza must fight and defeat an enemy that otherwise would defeat everyone.

Mashima was playing us for the lulz with last chapter but quickly returned to his true colors.

This really sucked but on the good side of things we will get to see Gildartz vs Bluenote.

ghostexiled
June 03, 2011, 10:00 PM
Guys please keep in mind that this is a thread to discuss Fairy Tail and not other mangas...

Also please remember if you are going to reference something from another manga, put it in a spoiler tag. Not everyone reads or has read the things you guys are referencing. This has been an issue in the past... and there are members that would rather you not spoil other series or even talk about them in a discussion thread for the latest Fairy Tail chapter.

It is better to just leave the comparisons alone.

There is an entire section on this site for that, if you feel you must make these comparisons. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/675-Otaku-Cafe)

So please be respectful to others and only discuss what the thread title states to discuss.

Thanks!

Ghost

Jorge D. Dragon
June 03, 2011, 10:00 PM
I just can't say anything good about such a chapter. It's just really feels like I was trolled. It's just imposible, makes no sense how Elza could survived the damage from the last chapter, but I can take it, but in this chapter she took right the same damage with the same freacking power of Tenryu Island twice! And even after then she made such an asspull. I could have understand if she was saved by someone and then made a backstab on Azuma, but this...

coolerthanzerok
June 03, 2011, 11:00 PM
Y'know, this isn't very good writing, but I DO think people should calm down a little bit. I don't read Fairy Tail for character development. Natsu is pretty much exactly as he was 200 chapters ago. I read it for the fantastic and imaginative design. Do I think it would've been better writing to have them lose? Maybe. Fairy Tail is screwed anyways, because even if, through some asspull, they defeat Hades, I know Zeref will be back to his evil ways at the end of the arc, so the arc will end with things worse off than they began. Zeref has to be the big bad, it's just standard writing. And, knowing this, I can be at peace when Fairy Tail KOs almost all of Grimoire Heart.

Vaste Lorde
June 03, 2011, 11:12 PM
The reason Natsu Vs Zancrow was more acceptable is because it fits his role as the protagonist.

Natsu should overcome all obstacles because this gives the character progression and growth despite the manner that it is done in. Without him the story cannot continue.

Erza on the other hand had a voice heard from 1000 miles away. IT had to be magic or a real goddamn fairy whispering her ear that Mashima has granted you a sudden power-up. It will last for 20 secs and ruin everything but it will defeat your opponent. It would have made way more sense if Erza had this from the beginning of the fight. Clearly we the fans were heavily trolled, and if you cant see that then I don't know what to say...

I don't think anyone intends to Bash Mashima or fairy tale for that matter, its just that such drastic developments took place and so quickly and easily thrown away. This is the limit point, it should be imperative that the most thoughts should go in here. Imagine how much more excitement there would be if Erza had actually lost, Fairy tail is on the verge of defeat and events from there completely unpredictable. With this act, we can already determine whats going to happen until the arcs end.

I however do have hope and i intend to see this arc through. I guess everything from here on would be predictable. The next chapter, everyone will have their powers back. Gildarts will mop the floor with bluenote.

Hades would declare that he achieved what he came for so they leave.

liductan
June 03, 2011, 11:13 PM
after reading these comments i completly agree that erza had an asspull but it's ironic that people are mad. Last chp. people were so depressing and couldn't even accept erza defeat and now she is back on her two feet, everyone is mad. It's reather funny but people are unpredictable. Most us can all agree this chp was crap and it leaves us blank for next chp.. i lost my euthusiasm, my blood pressure went up. So now what? i guess natsu will power up and everybody else too. I am getting sick of this typical stragtey, " as long as we are friends we can beat anything out there or my invicible friendship magic can't loose!!" I wonder what will happen next chp?

saya1987
June 04, 2011, 12:00 AM
I knew that Erza wouldn't lose but the way she won made her look like sailor moon with everyone reaching out to her. It's chessy. The only acceptable part was the tree protecting her and I guess Hiro probably had this idea in mind and somehow tried (miserably) to fit in the defeat with the idea. Anyway, I would prefer Erza pretending to be dead (although she's too proud for that I think) or at least use her brains to figure that the tree would be protecting her.

Ifrit
June 04, 2011, 12:30 AM
Well lets be +ve .....now we can see Gildartz fight ....( I hope so ) I don't think Gildartz the kind who need some1 to give him a boost. ( I'm sure he don't need to imagine happy smiling in his mind to win a fight )

lets hope for a kick ass fight between Gildartz n Bluenote next chapter.

Note : I think the best fight so far in Fairy Tail was : Luxus Vs Gazille n Natsu

RaveDragon
June 04, 2011, 02:16 AM
That cover page lol i likey! Jet Droy Im sorry but Gajeel has pwned you xp

I'm a bit annoyed cuz i thought we would get o know something important but i liked he chapter, true it wasnt the best one but i was right in a way to say FT guild would come together to defeat azuma as the magic was not only the islands but her friends who are always helping erza so technically this win was a FT win not an Erza win, she did it with her friends and the islands magic on her side.

Okay so it wasnt the best chapter ever but i like how Gererds feelings are going to erza and everyones as well it was cheesy yes but nice. this chap wasnt crap :/ imo

At One Time next week chappy seems to me that might focus on not only the other battles but maybe Ultear and Gray, id say if it focuses on Gil and BN we will probably get Lucy's story, if on Rustyrose then i guess Ul and Gray i doubt he'll be focusing on battles alone now =]

On the plus note Erza is definitely KO and will be probably watching stuff rather than battling now, add her to the people in injured zone

Overall The art was awesome, the message he wanted to convey was brilliant remembering whom this manga is addressed to (young teens etc) and it wasnt a total 'asspull' since it was explained how she wasnt so hurt and so 7/10

wooticus
June 04, 2011, 02:44 AM
afterwards it's so obvious that it ended like that. the one about the magic turning against azuma is ok in my eyes, after all it's fairy tails holy island and it takes more than one lost magic user to completely turn it's magic (the magic of mavis?) against the guild.

the first of erza's two comebacks, the gerard one, was a bit asspull imho. but mashima just wanted to show that gerards still around, but can't possibly escape on his own. i smell a gerard rescueing arc. hasn't every great manga an arc where they rescue someone out of some kind of prison?^^

anyway, next chapter will focus on anybody getting their magic back (maybe even buffed because azuma basically was draining their magic a bit all the time i guess) and then well... we'll see rusty and bluenote getting owned

Razh
June 04, 2011, 03:03 AM
Oh wow, Erza did an asspull for the Xth time, what a surprise, totally unexpected, move along, nothing to see here...

Hoped it won't happen, but reading this chapter title in the last chapter left little doubt about what was going to happen. I don't have anything against this all power of friendship thing, just wish we weren't bombed that much with it.

BlackHair
June 04, 2011, 03:22 AM
I thought Laxus would save the guild, no but it had to be Erza (after last weeks cliffhanger). What a crappy chapter, honestly 1/10. The author does not know how to hype opponents. I totally see Natsu beating Hades coming. No matter how strong a opponent is, FT will always win.

Sollum
June 04, 2011, 04:00 AM
Hmmm, so I've reread it.

Azumas face on page 17 was epic. He is kind of the guy that fights not for a goal, but for a fight itself. I bet he could have won, but there was no reason, since he got what he wanted.

I didn't get one part tho. How could Erza hear, or see, her comrades? Some of them where still conscious, how is that even possible? For gods sake, Mashima at least could make a normal Nakama Buff, since two Natsus dancing and cheering her would have made same sense....

RaveDragon
June 04, 2011, 04:39 AM
Hmmm, so I've reread it.

Azumas face on page 17 was epic. He is kind of the guy that fights not for a goal, but for a fight itself. I bet he could have won, but there was no reason, since he got what he wanted.

I didn't get one part tho. How could Erza hear, or see, her comrades? Some of them where still conscious, how is that even possible? For gods sake, Mashima at least could make a normal Nakama Buff, since two Natsus dancing and cheering her would have made same sense....

Isnt thier magic part of them so im guessing through thier magic no? azuma sucked up thier magic and was using it agains erza, thier magic being part of them probably carried thier feelings i dont know what you want to criticize so much just cuz FT won again im happy cuz erza did get help from her friends she wouldnt have survived if the magic wasnt with her

also come on Natsu winning against Hades have some faith in Mashima i mean he didnt make erza win against azuma alone he's gonna make natsu win against hades, i bet a training arc is coming before he can do that at least, might i remind you he's there for zeref and i doubt he'l succeed FT against all 7 kin means nothing if zeref is taken which i trust will be the case

Plus azuma isnt needed anymore, he was just the 'tale out thier shield man' and plus like Erza he might do something with his lasts trenght, send the magic he accumulated to hades or something.

also theirs that sentence "we believed in our victory.." which hints in an ultimate loss, and also Natsu crying we didnt see which hints at something being lost

and well might i remind people that as much as the seven kin are being wiped out right now they pwned FT with 9 people
Mira,Gajeel,elfman,evergreen,erza now is in bad conditions, Makarov himself got beaten, and who remains Gildartz whom is badly injured but will take out BN doubt he can help after, Cana whom is currently unconscious, Natsu whose not in very good shape after BN again but if he wins against someone else will seriously facepalm, Lucy whose OUT OF magical power (does this count?), Lisanna, Levy, who are bruised and tired, Fried and Bixlow got a bit of a beating but should be able to take on RR. and all of them had more magic drained

LOL plot hole; shouldnt Lucy be dead if she had no magic left and more was taken from her? xD this is also a fact against FT they got their magic drained.

And GH? a Healthy Hades Pwner of all, BN is still up and at 'em, Ultear whom we dont know if she's god and until she helps out i will assume she's with GH i mean she could be nice, yes but might do wrong things she thinks might help so..., RR whom i hope will go down soon, Meldy will never betray Ultear so she might still be a threat, They have zeref right now.

so gh have 3/9 healthy people with almost complete mission and FT have well 0 out of what 15?16?

PS Is it really needed to insult the author so much, when they work hard week after week to get thier jobs done, try and drawing a 20 page chapter every week, granted they have assistants but its no easy job plussssssssssss i repeat AGAINN!!!! Mashima said he wanted a lighthearted manga after the darker Rave and this is for young teens thus no dieing but nice friendly wins ^^

ca12nag3
June 04, 2011, 04:50 AM
Whats everyone on about asspull the entire time. I get tired of your rants, go start an agony thread...

We get 3 1/2 page of Gerard casting some spell, and everyone just ignores it cause some rule states that those walls dont allow magic thrue it, and the frog says so. boohoo.

And whats about this i expected laxus? He aint here deal with it.

I believe that somehow Gerard helped Erza to win SHE SAID SHE THOUGHT SHE HEARD HIS VOICE . So if the walls are suposed to stop all magic howcome she thought she heard it? < your talk about wall blabla just debunked.

Host Samurai
June 04, 2011, 05:10 AM
The only thing that was noteworthy in this chapter was Azuma going down with a smile on his face. Out of the 7 kin he and merdy got some serious character development... I think that they are the next candidates of joining Fairy Tail in the next arc.

Ninja_Pirate
June 04, 2011, 05:12 AM
HA ha ha ha .. lol... i never wanted to be right with this prediction of since it would have proven the biggest ass pull... but one thing i didnt consider was, she will get her to senses by hearing gerrad voice... wtf!!!

Yes true .. all of them are useless for this arc atleast... caprico is in the real world for so long and definitely his magic power is not at its fullest ..may be not half.. and as shown azuma took the magic power of everyone but erza.. and erza is down.. and i really dont want her to get up after the statement of his presence disappeared has been shown in manga..that would be too much... but we as reader should not expect an outside help.. since then it could be anything.. and yes we can guess but hitting at point is difficult.. and considering the given options..

fairy glitter seems to be the answer... it is the magic that repels anyone who is not considered as true part of guild as happened with cana when she reached the grave and tried touching it ... And now its the magic of mavis and is also the part of t he magic running through the island which azuma is using.. i guess it will just turn against him at some point of time.. or for erza to get up.. one scenario could be made that its the land's magic azuma is using.. may be it didn't hurt Erza... and she is ready for a surprise attack... so that are the options from available resources.. but still there is a possibility of that boy to appear since he has been shown .., that also with the chapter title dedicated to him...OR any thing else from outside(to any of the wildest imagination if people just like to pass time guessing around)

Anyways kudos to me... i thought ass pulls are kindda ok if they are not predictable and out of blue.. but i guess almost everyone saw it coming.. :p that erza will stand up again/....

and yeah no one came from future to help .. :p

sarutobi_sensei
June 04, 2011, 05:32 AM
I have to say if I had the ability to reach through my computer and slap this chapter I would. I already have a slight dislike of Gerard, but...seriously? And although I get the reason for her power-up, I sure as crap don't like it. She just overpowered him as if he didn't kick her arse last chapter. And you know what, I would have even settled for a tie. At least it wouldn't have seemed like a miracle. This is exactly the same problem I had with Natsu vs Zancrow.

One thing I did like about the chapter was the respect Azuma had for Fairy Tail. Also Erza's attack looked pretty cool.

Well it was a miracle. Both Gérard's voice and everyone's voice reached Erza. And the island still protects them. So yeah it was a miracle.

The reason Natsu Vs Zancrow was more acceptable is because it fits his role as the protagonist.

Natsu should overcome all obstacles because this gives the character progression and growth despite the manner that it is done in. Without him the story cannot continue.

Not true. There are plenty mangas where the protagonist loses battles. You have a great example in One Piece. Luffy lost nearly everything in just 1 battle. Just because one loses, doesn't mean that he can't progress.

Erza on the other hand had a voice heard from 1000 miles away. IT had to be magic or a real goddamn fairy whispering her ear that Mashima has granted you a sudden power-up. It will last for 20 secs and ruin everything but it will defeat your opponent. It would have made way more sense if Erza had this from the beginning of the fight. Clearly we the fans were heavily trolled, and if you cant see that then I don't know what to say...

Now that I think of it, it's a common thing for someone who is fighting to protect his nakama to sometimes hear them. This was Erza's time. I don't think it happened before? But I could be wrong.

I don't think anyone intends to Bash Mashima or fairy tale for that matter, its just that such drastic developments took place and so quickly and easily thrown away. This is the limit point, it should be imperative that the most thoughts should go in here. Imagine how much more excitement there would be if Erza had actually lost, Fairy tail is on the verge of defeat and events from there completely unpredictable. With this act, we can already determine whats going to happen until the arcs end.

I however do have hope and i intend to see this arc through. I guess everything from here on would be predictable. The next chapter, everyone will have their powers back. Gildarts will mop the floor with bluenote.

Azuma did say that the magic would go back to them if he got defeated right? So we can expect Bluenote and Guildartz to continue their fight and probably Freed and Bixlow keep beating the crap out of Rustyrose.
Hades would declare that he achieved what he came for so they leave.

Or that.

Oh wow, Erza did an asspull for the Xth time, what a surprise, totally unexpected, move along, nothing to see here...

Hoped it won't happen, but reading this chapter title in the last chapter left little doubt about what was going to happen. I don't have anything against this all power of friendship thing, just wish we weren't bombed that much with it.

Actually from last chapter's title I was like: Ok so GH is going to comment on what a Great Guild FT is. Though it did happen, I didn't think that it would be because Azuma was defeated, more like he would comment on them being able to fight back that much.

Hmmm, so I've reread it.

It's a common thing when fighting to protect someone in manga/anime.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Hmm, after reading the chapter again, it does seem like Gérard actually casted an incantation. Interesting.

Darjaille
June 04, 2011, 05:53 AM
For me, Jellal was just praying for Erza and the frogs thought he's enchanting, but who knows... Anyway, I don't expect him to appear again in this arc, this time it was just because of Erza, but we'll probably see him again in the future, knowing Mashima. Not like I'm complaining, I'm still okay with him :D

@RaveDragon, nice post, although this time I was really pissed about her standing up.
I wonder what's with Lucy, she always happens to be out of magic. It's just that Mashima rather makes her be useless for a moment than be all beaten up? And still, it's not like she cannot pull difficult spells when she wants (or I should say, when she doesn't want :D).

So, I'm not thinking about this chapter anymore. I really hope next chap will be more talkative, probably Hades raging, Gil and Fried&Bixlow preparing for their fight to start once again and I'm curious what about Natsu crew, where are they heading, I hope Hades', would be nice if Natsu, Lucy and co. met with Ultear, Zeref and Gray. I'm definitely looking forward to conclusion of this arc, I want more info on x777 and Zeref.

This arc is long already and it's not even end, I wonder how many chapters are ahead of us?

Ifrit
June 04, 2011, 06:47 AM
For me, Jellal was just praying for Erza and the frogs thought he's enchanting, but who knows... Anyway, I don't expect him to appear again in this arc, this time it was just because of Erza, but we'll probably see him again in the future, knowing Mashima. Not like I'm complaining, I'm still okay with him :D

@RaveDragon, nice post, although this time I was really pissed about her standing up.
I wonder what's with Lucy, she always happens to be out of magic. It's just that Mashima rather makes her be useless for a moment than be all beaten up? And still, it's not like she cannot pull difficult spells when she wants (or I should say, when she doesn't want :D).

So, I'm not thinking about this chapter anymore. I really hope next chap will be more talkative, probably Hades raging, Gil and Fried&Bixlow preparing for their fight to start once again and I'm curious what about Natsu crew, where are they heading, I hope Hades', would be nice if Natsu, Lucy and co. met with Ultear, Zeref and Gray. I'm definitely looking forward to conclusion of this arc, I want more info on x777 and Zeref.

This arc is long already and it's not even end, I wonder how many chapters are ahead of us?

same from all the chapters we read so far we didn't get a single answer for all the questions right.

Who is Zeref...how he know about Natsu...Lucy and her mother , Caprico, that boy who stare @ the sea ( it's been while now he must be tired from doing all the staring ) not a single word yet about Ultear n Gray .... This arc is not even close from finish....

Shiro Tsuki
June 04, 2011, 07:30 AM
0_O
Okay I did felt a bit cheated - All the way through the chapter I was like - 'Oh this is the biggest nakama-asspull-plot' - I've seen for long!
I laughed hard here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/90712886/15! :D
The whole Jellal thing was just random -
I've been saying for long that this is FT - Not GH - So expecting GH to win is simply mad thoughts!
Still - I was expecting something else than Erza winning the fight - She was down down!
Blah she even came back from the dead - So this would be nothing!
Azuma's smile was even more nerve wrecking - Prepare yourself for fanboys going on the 'smile-theory' - "Oh he smiled - He let her win!'

Albeit - things gets pretty predicatable from here on!
All the other members get their powers restored (this process should LOGICALLY take some time) -
But then again Rustyrose and Bluenote have just been standing under a tree while Gil - Freed and Bixlow were going all 'am-dying-sufffocating-arrrg' - Now they'll just revive - and start beating the crap out of GH members!
I can already see Gil going all pissed off saying "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO OUR TREE?! :mad"

Ifrit
June 04, 2011, 08:25 AM
0_O
Okay I did felt a bit cheated - All the way through the chapter I was like - 'Oh this is the biggest nakama-asspull-plot' - I've seen for long!
I laughed hard here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/90712886/15! :D
The whole Jellal thing was just random -
I've been saying for long that this is FT - Not GH - So expecting GH to win is simply mad thoughts!
Still - I was expecting something else than Erza winning the fight - She was down down!
Blah she even came back from the dead - So this would be nothing!
Azuma's smile was even more nerve wrecking - Prepare yourself for fanboys going on the 'smile-theory' - "Oh he smiled - He let her win!'

Albeit - things gets pretty predicatable from here on!
All the other members get their powers restored (this process should LOGICALLY take some time) -
But then again Rustyrose and Bluenote have just been standing under a tree while Gil - Freed and Bixlow were going all 'am-dying-sufffocating-arrrg' - Now they'll just revive - and start beating the crap out of GH members!
I can already see Gil going all pissed off saying "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO OUR TREE?! :mad"

Quick question on ur link ...I kept staring @ this pic for like 5 min I still can't find Gildartz face...LOL is he there and I can't see him or he didn't drew his pic ?

Magnus
June 04, 2011, 08:30 AM
The power of friendship strikes again. Well it's not like I had high expectations so it's not a big deal for me, as it's not the first time a character won a fight this way.
But hey the good thing about this chapter is that the fight is over so we'll move on to what is next. I hope it'll be the Gildarts vs Bluenote.

Bhoot
June 04, 2011, 09:04 AM
Ever since that Laxus arc , Fairy Tail just hasn't been the same , I at least keep expecting something but I dunno , it just seems to go haywire someplace .

Now look at this arc , It had the potential to be a real killer of an arc . The story was gr8 [at least till this chapter] , the characters are gr8 , the magic looks cool , the mood is set up just right , the art is above average , but then why did it fail ??

The simple reason is the way the storytelling was done . I mean if only the exagerated expressions were at the right place , this arc might have felt epic , but oh well .

I am just a normal guy who reads and likes manga so i dont really have the right to critisize , but i at times want to say my mind out .

Its just that this arc when it started felt so gr8 potential wise , then this >"<

tobeulp
June 04, 2011, 09:37 AM
This arc is still the best arc for me the only downside of this arc is because of the build up early from this arc it could be rank among Naruto and Bleach but because from the last couple of chapters it is slowly dropping from being among one of the greatest today to just another great manga... Still this arc is the best for me no matter what the outcome of it..

exacta
June 04, 2011, 10:08 AM
Fool me once Mashima, shame on you. Fool me...uhhh.....you know what? I lost track Mashima. Screw you.

Can't believe in the end it really did end up like Ikaruga vs Erza......just so bad. He actually outdid himself this time.

It's hard to say if Gerard was really chanting, or if he was actually saying Erza and the guards were just misinterpreting. Either way, the idea of her being able to hear his voice is INCREDIBLY stupid. And all the nakama BS......god its so corny, so boring, so unoriginal, so DUMB, its just so awful. Its why I hate Rave so much. And Mashima keeps on ruining epic fights in FT by doing asspulls. Why couldn't Luxus just come and save Erza's ass??? He's no longer a FT member, he would've been fine.

This is disgusting...this fight should've been epic, but noooo....

Oh Mashima, when will you stop trolling this manga with your nakama orgasms?

ca12nag3
June 04, 2011, 10:30 AM
Fool me once Mashima, shame on you. Fool me...uhhh.....you know what? I lost track Mashima. Screw you.

Can't believe in the end it really did end up like Ikaruga vs Erza......just so bad. He actually outdid himself this time.

It's hard to say if Gerard was really chanting, or if he was actually saying Erza and the guards were just misinterpreting. Either way, the idea of her being able to hear his voice is INCREDIBLY stupid. And all the nakama BS......god its so corny, so boring, so unoriginal, so DUMB, its just so awful. Its why I hate Rave so much. And Mashima keeps on ruining epic fights in FT by doing asspulls. Why couldn't Luxus just come and save Erza's ass??? He's no longer a FT member, he would've been fine.

hearing his voice is stupid? Well he was chanting something and she heard. Anyways Gerard was able to make a copy of himself thats just as real as he himself. So why wouldnt he be able to do something like cast a spell from his cell.
Btw just cause frogs say its impossible dont make it impossible. Gerard is among the top lvl of mages. And all the mages do crazy stuff so why shouldnt he be able to?

So Laxus magicaly knowing where everyone is and showing up would be less impossible? I find that the people that post here the last few days are only keen on their own little fangasms. But flame over stuff that they dont like :D

White Silver King
June 04, 2011, 11:56 AM
I'm not surprised Erza didn't lose, I just wish it wasn't for some bullshit reason like "The Island won't let her die." And that explantation doesn't even make sense since it is the islands magic keeping FT members alive, but Azuma absorbed all that magic so therefore nothing should be keeping her alive. Way to go Mashima...

Gerard wasn't chanting a spell. He was saying "Erza, don't lose." over and over and over again. I thought that was obvious.

ca12nag3
June 04, 2011, 12:39 PM
I'm not surprised Erza didn't lose, I just wish it wasn't for some bullshit reason like "The Island won't let her die." And that explantation doesn't even make sense since it is the islands magic keeping FT members alive, but Azuma absorbed all that magic so therefore nothing should be keeping her alive. Way to go Mashima...

Gerard wasn't chanting a spell. He was saying "Erza, don't lose." over and over and over again. I thought that was obvious.

Frog says litteraly that hes chanting. so what would that chanting be? And yes they say that (magic wont work) so obviously to the frogs it looked like he was using magic. At wich 1 of the frogs sadisticly zapped him.

Then Erza seems to hear Gerards voice.... So how would she hear it if he didnt use magic? Im not saying Gerard used some super magic but he did contact her. And you can only do that with magic (or a phone?) well they odnt have phones...

Lozmaster
June 04, 2011, 01:17 PM
Its a shame this chapter and last weeks weren't combined into one. If we hadn't waited a week to see her get up (which was obviously going to happen) maybe you guys wouldn't have such a bad backlash. So long as erza doesn't try fighting anyone else (succesfully at least) I'm ok with this. She might be the first person to try and stand against hades, but she won't win. That job has to go to someone else. Or a massive team effort.

prodigy7443
June 04, 2011, 01:21 PM
you know what i really dislike. not the chapter because this is what ive come to expect of fairytail and wtf else did people think was going to happen. you thought he was going to let them die. well you were sadly mistaken. remember he revived lisanna. no what i really dislike is when people bitch and moan about a manga week in and week out. over and over again you say the same thing. well guess what this isnt your manga to direct and if you can do it better please do it. you know what ill write a comic thats awesome initially and purposely make it bad and guess what i know that people will complain but theyll still read it because they are stupid and gullible. so please dont waste time complaining on ever forum that this manga is shit. your wasting space. just dont read it thats the rational thing to do. you are acting like someone is forcing you to read this. well guess what im sure no one is and if you hate it so much you are kinda weird for still reading. so end of my rant.

the island wasnt helping ezra the magic power of the fairytail mages were helping ezra. remember each mage controls his/her magic and when azuma used the attack while he absorbed the magic he didnt control it. the mages still controlled it and they nullified the force that their magic had in the attack. so azuma was only attacking with his magic power. And who says that azuma isnt tired we dont know how long they have been fighting nor do we know how many times ezra has scored a direct hit. we can only speculate from the panels drawn but who is to say that they depicted the entire fight

Vaste Lorde
June 04, 2011, 02:02 PM
Frog says litteraly that hes chanting. so what would that chanting be? And yes they say that (magic wont work) so obviously to the frogs it looked like he was using magic. At wich 1 of the frogs sadisticly zapped him.

Then Erza seems to hear Gerards voice.... So how would she hear it if he didnt use magic? Im not saying Gerard used some super magic but he did contact her. And you can only do that with magic (or a phone?) well they odnt have phones...

You keep implying that he cast magic but its not possible and let me explain why.

How the frig does Gerrard know that Erza is currently fighting? How does he even know that everything is at stake if she loses?

Want to hear my explanation... He doesn't know, this is conspiracy if you ask me.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/90712886/3

Read the 1st panel, it says hes bound to her not through body but through her heart. Gives a clean explanation doesn't it? Yes its BS writing and no i do not believe he cast any sort of spell as it is sealed. I took it as his strong feelings allowed him to somehow appear in her mind. NOT magic.

Its funny how she was suppose to think of Gerrard but thought of Natsu instead. Damn even Gerrard is getting trolled and prison raped by frogs.

ErosVp
June 04, 2011, 02:19 PM
I don't understand why mashima made this joke of a fight ErzaXAzuma! Just to bring everything back to what was happening before, Bluenote versus Gildartz and Rustyrose versus Fried. He could just do a normal battle with Erza instead of this overly dramatic battle!!!!

White Silver King
June 04, 2011, 02:21 PM
Frog says litteraly that hes chanting. so what would that chanting be?
As I said, he was chanting "Erza, don't lose." You seem to think one can only chant spells, that's just not true. Chanting is just saying something over and over again. The frogs thought he was casting a spell because he was chanting and they couldn't hear what he was saying so they implied it was a spell. And it's been said magic cannot be done in the cells. I know Gerard is powerful, but we have no indication that he is capable of magic in places where he shouldn't be able to, so I'm going to go with what's actually been said in the manga and say he can't do magic currently. This whole chapter was about the nakama-bull Mashima is so fond of. Their "bond" is what allowed him to know Erza is in danger and their "bond" is what allowed Erza to hear him - no magic was involved.

you thought he was going to let them die
No, but we thought/hoped he was going to let Erza lose. She doesn't have to die to lose. He instead allowed her to win/live by using a piece of magic which had come under the control of Azuma the previous chapter. Azuma stated this chapter that the island's magic was preventing her from dying (an asspull, which is what frustrates me most), but he absorbed all the island's magic and therefore nothing should be keeping her going. That is what is called bad writing because it completely contradicts a point made only one chapter ago.

swordsaintscoot
June 04, 2011, 02:22 PM
The more i settle the more I kinda like the fact it was a literal nakama power up rather than a metaphorical boost. Her friends energies absorbed by Tenrou refused to hurt her, it's better than "I must win"" *wins*

okay maybe not like, but...its more reasonable. I just wish it wasn't THIS fight. Ugh I'm such an azuma fanboy now, why'd he lose? lol

ShoobyDooBop
June 04, 2011, 03:25 PM
you know what i really dislike. not the chapter because this is what ive come to expect of fairytail and wtf else did people think was going to happen. you thought he was going to let them die. well you were sadly mistaken. remember he revived lisanna. no what i really dislike is when people bitch and moan about a manga week in and week out. over and over again you say the same thing. well guess what this isnt your manga to direct and if you can do it better please do it. you know what ill write a comic thats awesome initially and purposely make it bad and guess what i know that people will complain but theyll still read it because they are stupid and gullible. so please dont waste time complaining on ever forum that this manga is shit. your wasting space. just dont read it thats the rational thing to do. you are acting like someone is forcing you to read this. well guess what im sure no one is and if you hate it so much you are kinda weird for still reading. so end of my rant.

the island wasnt helping ezra the magic power of the fairytail mages were helping ezra. remember each mage controls his/her magic and when azuma used the attack while he absorbed the magic he didnt control it. the mages still controlled it and they nullified the force that their magic had in the attack. so azuma was only attacking with his magic power. And who says that azuma isnt tired we dont know how long they have been fighting nor do we know how many times ezra has scored a direct hit. we can only speculate from the panels drawn but who is to say that they depicted the entire fight

So you are saying that ppl should stop complaining no matter how bad it is? And I didn't think one bit that Mashima would let them die but lose. The reason ppl are still reading it is even though there are bad chapters it's still interesting and fun to read like the previous chapters but Mashima had just to ruin the good pace, ruin a good character.

You think the FT mages helped her? Those thoughts? It's like you're saying they know what Erza is doing right now nor they know that Azuma's controlling the magical power of Tenrou and absorbing their magical powers. And how could they control it if He is the chest that contains the magic, it is now his and he is converting that into magic power to smoosh her; ownership has shifted.

matzik1212
June 04, 2011, 03:36 PM
this chapter was really disappointing i mean come she was hit with that freaking huge power and not just once , and she was able to win :blink ....disappointing ,really disappointing
i was expecting laxus to show up and save everyone that would at least be more plausible , sad 'cause the last chapters were very good :( *sigh..*

exacta
June 04, 2011, 03:57 PM
hearing his voice is stupid? Well he was chanting something and she heard. Anyways Gerard was able to make a copy of himself thats just as real as he himself. So why wouldnt he be able to do something like cast a spell from his cell.
Btw just cause frogs say its impossible dont make it impossible. Gerard is among the top lvl of mages. And all the mages do crazy stuff so why shouldnt he be able to?

So Laxus magicaly knowing where everyone is and showing up would be less impossible? I find that the people that post here the last few days are only keen on their own little fangasms. But flame over stuff that they dont like :D

Luxus inherited Makarov's will, so maybe he would've been able to sense where they were, or someone called him for help or something. I dont know, Mashima could've pulled a plot device out of his ass.After all, Gildartz, Fried and Bixlow figured out that GH was attacking somehow and came back to the island. It would've been much better than this....its unclear whether Gerard was chanting a spell or if they were mistaken and he was just cheering her on. Either way its stupid.

He's in a prison cell all the way in God knows where. His voice shouldn't be able to reach Erza, and just because he says her name she comes back, all of the sudden the attack Azuma used that just completely obliterated her is USELESS,and Azuma for some reason just decides to stand still and grin like an idiot while she cuts him? And no sir, I am not a Luxus fanboy in the least. It was just the only viable option aside from yet another nakama circle jerkfest.:-_-

And also I'm tired of Mashima turning antagonists with potential into Erza and Natsu fodder. It really takes alot away from their appeal, and it makes Erza and Natsu fights really predictable and boring.

People flaming over stuff they don't like? Yeah, welcome to a forum. Technically you just "flamed" me if your going to use the term that loosely, since you didn't like my post. Actually, I didn't even adress anyone, I just expressed how disappointed I was with the way Mashima did this chapter with a bit of my own humor, as is pretty much everyone else in this discussion. I loved the past few chapters, I only complain when it really is crap(in my opinion).

ca12nag3
June 04, 2011, 04:35 PM
Im trying to discuss here the possibility that Gerard might be casting a spell (perhaps a way to talk to Erza) of some sorts to say the least. Now he is chanting and Erza does think she heard Gerard. Thats 1+1=2 to me. But keep on fixed on it just being him talking to the walls ^^. Ok so Gerard is talking to the walls for 2 pages... realy.

You can keep ignoring the facts but its clearly out there, Gerard is talking and Erza hears him. denieing that out flat is just not a option.

Oh and if hes just praying for her to not die. Howcome he knows shes in a life threatening situation? The heart thing is also not explained. And if all magic is blocked then also any link between people *magicaly* should be blocked as well...
By denieing the possiblity that Gerard is actualy able to magicaly connect to Erza you kinda trap yourself. Due to everything seen about Gerard in the jail.

exacta
June 04, 2011, 05:01 PM
Im trying to discuss here the possibility that Gerard might be casting a spell (perhaps a way to talk to Erza) of some sorts to say the least. Now he is chanting and Erza does think she heard Gerard. Thats 1+1=2 to me. But keep on fixed on it just being him talking to the walls ^^. Ok so Gerard is talking to the walls for 2 pages... realy.

You can keep ignoring the facts but its clearly out there, Gerard is talking and Erza hears him. denieing that out flat is just not a option.

Oh and if hes just praying for her to not die. Howcome he knows shes in a life threatening situation? The heart thing is also not explained. And if all magic is blocked then also any link between people *magicaly* should be blocked as well...
By denieing the possiblity that Gerard is actualy able to magicaly connect to Erza you kinda trap yourself. Due to everything seen about Gerard in the jail.

I didn't deny the possibility, I said its hard to tell seeing as the scene is very vague, which is annoying. I also said either way, its a really stupid asspull. Whether he actually was able to chant a spell, or just cheered her on and she somehow heard him, either way it was an extremely lame plot device.

White Silver King
June 04, 2011, 06:31 PM

Obviously, you don't get the large, overarching theme of Fairy Tail. To spell it out, it's the importance of Nakama. Yes, Gerard was talking to a wall for two pages, that's hardly the stupidest thing that's occurred in this manga. The bond between Erza and Gerard isn't magical, it's emotional. He's able to speak to her and she's able to hear it because they're Nakama and they love each other like family - that's the whole damn point of this series. If Natsu gets power-ups from his Nakama-sense, it's not so far-fetched to believe Erza is able to hear Gerard pleading for her to live. And he's praying for her to live because he knows her life is at risk, instinctually because of their bond (like twins or a mother and child). Knowing they're relationship and that this is Fairy Tail with it's "Friends make all the difference in battle" shit is 1+1=2 to me. Her hearing Gerard was not magical in nature, it was emotional. I haven't trapped my self in anything, you have trapped yourself in the illusion that everything in this manga has to be magical.

This is why I hate the Nakama bullshit.

ca12nag3
June 04, 2011, 07:39 PM
Obviously, you don't get the large, overarching theme of Fairy Tail. To spell it out, it's the importance of Nakama. Yes, Gerard was talking to a wall for two pages, that's hardly the stupidest thing that's occurred in this manga. The bond between Erza and Gerard isn't magical, it's emotional. He's able to speak to her and she's able to hear it because they're Nakama and they love each other like family - that's the whole damn point of this series. If Natsu gets power-ups from his Nakama-sense, it's not so far-fetched to believe Erza is able to hear Gerard pleading for her to live. And he's praying for her to live because he knows her life is at risk, instinctually because of their bond (like twins or a mother and child). Knowing they're relationship and that this is Fairy Tail with it's "Friends make all the difference in battle" shit is 1+1=2 to me. Her hearing Gerard was not magical in nature, it was emotional. I haven't trapped my self in anything, you have trapped yourself in the illusion that everything in this manga has to be magical.

This is why I hate the Nakama bullshit.

Obviously you dont get where im going at and you dont realy understand how Mashima does things. Or else you wouldnt try to bat me down with "you don't get the large, overarching theme of Fairy Tail".
I do get the theme of FT but i also keep in the back of my mind how Mashima writes. And how he writes is go with the flow + add a lot of love sauce over it.

Spoiler contains Rave Master detailed info.
When you read Rave Master how for example Reina and Musica interact and how he gains power thrue his feelings for her, its not explained but he does power up due to it. And at times its like shes talking to him from the grave during his worst moments. Thats where im aiming at for this ErzaxGerard thing. Now if you cant see this shame. Your missing out on something he deliberatly writes down.

btw you cant fully apreciate Erza without Gerard and visa versa ^^

Finale
June 04, 2011, 07:45 PM
For a guild that specializes in lost magic Grimoire Heart never learned the greatest lost magic of all "Arc of the Heart". All members of FT are unconcious users of it. Who am I kidding? I would have rather Erza lay down collect the energy from all living things and then get up and throw a spirit bomb at Azuma. But lets all be honest with ourselves, no matter how much we hoped deep down inside we all knew this was gonna happen.

White Silver King
June 04, 2011, 08:01 PM
Obviously you dont get where im going at and you dont realy understand how Mashima does things. Or else you wouldnt try to bat me down with "you don't get the large, overarching theme of Fairy Tail".
I do get the theme of FT but i also keep in the back of my mind how Mashima writes. And how he writes is go with the flow + add a lot of love sauce over it.

Spoiler contains Rave Master detailed info.
When you read Rave Master how for example Reina and Musica interact and how he gains power thrue his feelings for her, its not explained but he does power up due to it. And at times its like shes talking to him from the grave during his worst moments. Thats where im aiming at for this ErzaxGerard thing. Now if you cant see this shame. Your missing out on something he deliberatly writes down.

btw you cant fully apreciate Erza without Gerard and visa versa ^^
-.- You just completely flip-flopped with your point. You gave evidence on exactly what I was trying to say: Magic wasn't involved, it was just love and emotion. And I completely appreciate ErzaxGerard, I'm the one who's talking about how their love for one another is what allows her to hear his plea for her to live! I have twin cousins, when one gets hurt the other always feels it too - it doesn't have anything to do with magic (obviously, this is real life), it's just their "twin-bond." The situation with Erza and Gerard is exactly the same (except they're not twins, they're nakama).

And I didn't mean for my response to come off as condescending, sorry if it did. So, the rudeness isn't really necessary.

Lee-tyme7
June 04, 2011, 08:46 PM
Wow! Hey this chapter is not bad. I personally liked it more than I thought. Idk why ppl hating it but Erza's erza so get over it. I find it funny that she thought of Natsu instead of Gerard and u know what deep down she actually cared more about Natsu than she think. Yay for Natsu x Erza fans!
I like the fact that in the end Azuma's magic back fire on him and is ineffective because he was messing with the wrong tree. lol. How I luv the FT tree.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

I guess everyone don't have enough true friends huh?...Highschool is a hard life...

Zeltrax
June 04, 2011, 08:56 PM
The members here pretty posted what I wanted to post, and I've been mad thanking and liking posts that I couldn't agree more :lmao
Its amusing how Mashima managed to troll and messed up so obviously and think he can gets away with it.
Its like he takes me for a fool.
I'm done having hope with this arc, the last chapter gave me a bit of hope that it'll turned out awesome afterall but this..this is really the limit.
There's no reason to argue against this chapter, there is no way in any probability that erza could have won so we all have to admit it is a asspull.
About gerald "chanting" its obviously him calling the name of erza and there's no way a magic is able to fly miles and miles to erza anyway. He was chanting her name just like how a kid chants mummy when he is lost, that is all.
Azuma is a great villain..too great to be in this fight or this arc or this manga for that matter.
I'm not bashing, its the facts that has been shoved into my face by the storytelling.

Freid
June 04, 2011, 10:37 PM
Didn't y'all know? Erza is an auto-win character.

Anyway, she did lose……….…..….....……..for about 2 seconds. -_-;

Mashima should have just drawn Erza like this:

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/freid1/erzafinal.jpg

Ifrit
June 04, 2011, 11:51 PM

not really easy...he go back to the Guild...he ask about his Grandpa they told him where he went so he go after him ? is that magical for you ?

Lee-tyme7
June 05, 2011, 12:38 AM
not really easy...he go back to the Guild...he ask about his Grandpa they told him where he went so he go after him ? is that magical for you ?

I don't agree with that. Luxus is too proud to come back to the guild that he had done wrong and beside he is too far away it wouldn't make any sense for him to come to the rescue in such a short time. I am asuming he is far away because last we saw him he was in the desert where it look like his father guild was located. Plus we've had 2 arc before this one, that's a long time span and he still hasn't reach his destination.
You said Luxus can go back to the guild to ask for direction but I doubt anyone who wasn't selected even know where the island is.

Ifrit
June 05, 2011, 12:58 AM
I don't agree with that. Luxus is too proud to come back to the guild that he had done wrong and beside he is too far away it wouldn't make any sense for him to come to the rescue in such a short time. I am asuming he is far away because last we saw him he was in the desert where it look like his father guild was located. Plus we've had 2 arc before this one, that's a long time span and he still hasn't reach his destination.
You said Luxus can go back to the guild to ask for direction but I doubt anyone who wasn't selected even know where the island is.

How come you say no1 know where it is ?

http://www.mangareader.net/135-57514-15/fairy-tail/chapter-201.html

from the faces reaction they seem to know what the island is. Also he's an S-class member how come he doesn't know the direction ?

but still I'm with you I don't want luxus to show it doesn't make any sense....but what I mean it's still a better ending than Erza getting up after taking such a big hit ....but I really expected it I said before ( Erza defeated lets not be hasty she might get up )

BlueChild
June 05, 2011, 03:02 AM
Short question...has anyone considered the possibility of the hand in Carla's vision belonging to Erza? I don't think it's very unlikely to be honest - her baclground story has been discussed more than necessary, she's no candidate for the future master...(and Mira's got her magic back, so we've got another very strong female FT mage.) Maybe it's time for erza to leave the stage and provide some opportunities for other character decelopment.

Ifrit
June 05, 2011, 03:33 AM
Short question...has anyone considered the possibility of the hand in Carla's vision belonging to Erza? I don't think it's very unlikely to be honest - her baclground story has been discussed more than necessary, she's no candidate for the future master...(and Mira's got her magic back, so we've got another very strong female FT mage.) Maybe it's time for erza to leave the stage and provide some opportunities for other character decelopment.

No. The hand is shown as Lucy's hand when Cana used sleep magic on her

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/225/19

BlueChild
June 05, 2011, 03:40 AM
ah, right, forgot about that scene...too bad, would've liked that outcome ~.~

RaveDragon
June 05, 2011, 04:09 AM
So you are saying that ppl should stop complaining no matter how bad it is? And I didn't think one bit that Mashima would let them die but lose. The reason ppl are still reading it is even though there are bad chapters it's still interesting and fun to read like the previous chapters but Mashima had just to ruin the good pace, ruin a good character.

You think the FT mages helped her? Those thoughts? It's like you're saying they know what Erza is doing right now nor they know that Azuma's controlling the magical power of Tenrou and absorbing their magical powers. And how could they control it if He is the chest that contains the magic, it is now his and he is converting that into magic power to smoosh her; ownership has shifted.

well i agree people should stop insulting and complaining, im not her to hear everyone of you bashing mashima and his manga when you obviously like it if not you wouldn't come back week after week to read it, some of you make constructive criticism which im in favor for just please dont go what an asspull and thats it construct a bloody criticism i think that's what prodigy7443 was trying to say =]

Just for the matter i actually liked how Erza won it wasn't an asspull it was explained we all hoped to see her lose not die though its never gonna happen -.-" and that probably annpyed everyone it did me but i calmed down reread it and found it was quite a cute chapter.

So please lets forget about this chap and get on with predictions for the next one thank you, i cant take another 'WAAAAAA it sucks -.-"' so just deal with it its not your manga, now im done and here's what i think;

Erza is KO but she might go to team natsu and get beaten by hades,
hades will meet team natsu and give us some revelations,
Lucy is going to be part of the explanation and maybe even the revelations (i also think she might be hurt due to the no magic and then more taking of it unless mashima ignores it),
we go back to a fight most probably RR vs fried and bixlow cuz theyre not imp,
then we'd get the BN vs gil and some revelations,
Lucy tells us about the single source of magic,
Ul and Gray might tell us about Zeref cuz he might be connected, (personally i think this single source of magic is not a place but individuals like Zeref, Layla and the DS or dragons)
Then we get the conclusion; FT wins against all 7 kin but hades owns them tyaking ul and Zeref with him (and possibly Gray)

ShoobyDooBop
June 05, 2011, 04:20 AM
well i agree people should stop insulting and complaining, im not her to hear everyone of you bashing mashima and his manga when you obviously like it if not you wouldn't come back week after week to read it, some of you make constructive criticism which im in favor for just please dont go what an asspull and thats it construct a bloody criticism i think that's what prodigy7443 was trying to say =]

Just for the matter i actually liked how Erza won it wasn't an asspull it was explained we all hoped to see her lose not die though its never gonna happen -.-" and that probably annpyed everyone it did me but i calmed down reread it and found it was quite a cute chapter.

So please lets forget about this chap and get on with predictions for the next one thank you, i cant take another 'WAAAAAA it sucks -.-"' so just deal with it its not your manga, now im done and here's what i think;

Lucy is going to be part of the explanation and maybe even the revelations (i also think she might be hurt due to the no magic and then more taking of it unless mashima ignores it),
Ul and Gray might tell us about Zeref cuz he might be connected, (personally i think this single source of magic is not a place but individuals like Zeref, Layla and the DS or dragons)
Then we get the conclusion; FT wins against all 7 kin but hades owns them tyaking ul and Zeref with him (and possibly Gray)

If you're not here to hear complaints, can't you just skip those posts then? Coz it's impossible for some ppl not to complain. And yeah, we obviously like but he ruins it.

How it was explained? Exactly? Those feelings? Thoughts? There wasn't a proper explanation. And if you're talking about Jellal's chants, Zeltrax already it "there's no way a magic is able to fly miles and miles to erza anyway."

I guess Mashima just couldn't think how he would make someone defeat Azuma in this arc.

Zeltrax
June 05, 2011, 04:25 AM
Actually I don't think Ultear will follow Hades, I'm more incline/towards her joining fairy tail with meredy,
at least thats my prediction.
If hades actually survives this arc, I hope that he will bring zeref with him and use his powers
that gives another arc for FT.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

oh and hades better not get beaten by anyone in this arc, there's just no way anyone now
can win against him..but we'll see :s

RaveDragon
June 05, 2011, 04:31 AM
^ if you check my previous posts i tried to explain it, as i said some of you made constructive criticisms and i enjoyed reading their thought those of you who didn't i skipped, it makes no sense mashima is the author you like his work but he ruins it? well yeah there as some iffy parts but not all =] all in all ii think mashima's work should be read in whole not a chapter each week i think it would make more sense i guess.

ill repeat once again, azuma took FT mages magic aye? yes now thier magic are a part of them who symbolises them thus thier magic protected Erza Azuma used it as well not only the islands which is even with Erza and thier emotions helped her to overcome this battle, Azumas attacks were not working because that magic was not his and still held the owners feelings.

Jellal i dont know what he did, i dont think he chanted but hey if his voice reached Erza its cute but i think rather that Erza on the verge of losing remembered and concidentaly thought jellal called her and remembered how even she was protected by her nakama.

In the end its a FT mages and Erza win not an Erza asspull win

thats imo i dont particularly care if its stupid i like it then there is your opinion which i full respect it might differ from mine but its okay

@Zeltrax its also a possibility but i think she'll join later on not in this arc ^^ meldy will join FT to find her i presume
if natsu beat hades NOW i shall feel uber trolled -.-"

Ifrit
June 05, 2011, 04:55 AM
^ if you check my previous posts i tried to explain it, as i said some of you made constructive criticisms and i enjoyed reading their thought those of you who didn't i skipped, it makes no sense mashima is the author you like his work but he ruins it? well yeah there as some iffy parts but not all =] all in all ii think mashima's work should be read in whole not a chapter each week i think it would make more sense i guess.

ill repeat once again, azuma took FT mages magic aye? yes now thier magic are a part of them who symbolises them thus thier magic protected Erza Azuma used it as well not only the islands which is even with Erza and thier emotions helped her to overcome this battle, Azumas attacks were not working because that magic was not his and still held the owners feelings.

Jellal i dont know what he did, i dont think he chanted but hey if his voice reached Erza its cute but i think rather that Erza on the verge of losing remembered and concidentaly thought jellal called her and remembered how even she was protected by her nakama.

In the end its a FT mages and Erza win not an Erza asspull win

thats imo i dont particularly care if its stupid i like it then there is your opinion which i full respect it might differ from mine but its okay

@Zeltrax its also a possibility but i think she'll join later on not in this arc ^^ meldy will join FT to find her i presume
if natsu beat hades NOW i shall feel uber trolled -.-"

You know there is nothing wrong in complaining yes we do like his work. We had high expectations for this Arc ...this Arc reached it's highest Level when Gildartz n Fried bixlow joined the fight ....that time now no1 were mad bec every1 thought now FT gonna win ( nice way to win ) no friend ship power up just 3 strong mages from FT came ..bec every1 was excited to see gildartz...but then.....OMG AZUMA is really powerful...then well u know the rest...whats next ?

Natsu remember when Happy got hatched from his egg then he got the reason he need to beat HADES ?

Note : Never wanted Erza to lose her lost means FT dies imo.

I like to think of it as Azuma magic turned on him since he's using the Island power and he failed to control it

I hate filling the last chapter with friendship images n memory no need for that.

swordsaintscoot
June 05, 2011, 08:00 AM
GhostExiled, I feel it needs to be said, so please let me say it without deleting this. infract me or whatever you guys do if you must, but at least let this be left here.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

So basically you guys are saying that only a positive opinion is allowed to be spoken outloud? That's exactly the implications being made. That if you're saying something negative like a complaint, it's not worth it, why can't we express our disappointment, and the reasons why, just because we're not praising the manga like it's impeccable? It's unfortunate that for so many chapters in a row, people are being disappointed, I for one only find this chapter downright humiliating though, but they're looking at the bigger picture, they love the manga, and how it started, and stick with it because they hope they find what made it amazing at the start.

Just yeah, if you're gonna like, reject another persons opinion whether it be good or bad, yet totally reasonable, you should probably rethink how accepting you really are, because people are entitled to them.

street_san
June 05, 2011, 08:35 AM
GhostExiled, I feel it needs to be said, so please let me say it without deleting this. infract me or whatever you guys do if you must, but at least let this be left here.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

So basically you guys are saying that only a positive opinion is allowed to be spoken outloud? That's exactly the implications being made. That if you're saying something negative like a complaint, it's not worth it, why can't we express our disappointment, and the reasons why, just because we're not praising the manga like it's impeccable? It's unfortunate that for so many chapters in a row, people are being disappointed, I for one only find this chapter downright humiliating though, but they're looking at the bigger picture, they love the manga, and how it started, and stick with it because they hope they find what made it amazing at the start.

Just yeah, if you're gonna like, reject another persons opinion whether it be good or bad, yet totally reasonable, you should probably rethink how accepting you really are, because people are entitled to them.

I dont think that people don't wanna hear people complaining...the problem (well my problem) is that EVERY members are posting the SAME complains. I mean when two or three people say that the chapter was an asspull or wtv, fine, but when it hit the 45th members saying that exact same words, those who liked the chapters are beeing irritated.

Personnaly I didn't feel that this chapter was the best of the entire arc, clearly, but for me it wasn't dissapointing. I've been saying this since the beginning, I firmly believe that GH and FT are on par and that a full-scale war between those guilds will provide damage to both sides. Clearly we've seen that GH does have a superiority in terms of quality of magic, but what they dont have is a team spirit and a formidable bond, like FT.

Let me put it straight simple, the day that FT will fight against a guild as strong as them, and against a guild who have THE SAME EXACT BOND each members of FT have towards them, believe me this day will be the worst for FT. Yes Azuma had the upper hand against Erza, but she showed that the magic protecting Tenrou Island (without knowint it) doesn't reside on a danm tree. The faith and the love she have for her comrades is what protecting Fairy Tail at that moment, and I truly believe that Mavis magic is ignitiating by that bond. Look how Cana got Fairy Glitter....it was because of her love for her nakamas. It's the same for Erza, the island protected her because she truly loved her Nakama. Just like someone said, this was no Nakama boost of power, it was simply the (cuz some people then to forget) HOLY DANM ISLAND of Fairy Tail, design to protect the members, who gave her MIGHTY protection.

That's why I think people should, at least, try to see the deeper way of this chapter. Erza clearly had no boost of power. Azuma would've been knocked down the same way if Erza hit her in the first try. She just had the protection that Azuma thought he had complete control over. And with that protection, she was able to defeat one of the strongest kin...

The way I see things, even if Hades have to admit defeat, there is simply no victor in this war. Fairy Tail has suffer major defeats throughout these battles, and they will have to take some serious time to recover. Plus, even though some of then may have one their battle, everyone will have to admit that GH is the biggest threat in the whole fucking magical world, and that now that they are in posession of Zeref, they will be much more stronger. All that "growth" y'all ranting about that Fairy Tail has to pass will happen, cause I firmly believe that Makarov and the others will want to settle everything against GH thinking that it is their responsibility to deal with the chaos they let happen

Either way, I love you all xD and sorry for my bad english :)

ca12nag3
June 05, 2011, 08:57 AM

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The reason why negativity doesnt help is cause you dont solve any problems, you dont contribute constructivly to a discussion. This thread and every thread says discussion/prediction.

What good is there in saying this is an asspull 100x We already know that this is a 180 degree turn on what we expected, personally i didnt expect this either. I didnt expect Erza to get up and beat him in 1 chapter. I expected someone else to show up mainly that boy that was introduced. Also we still dont get what there is going to be so bad thats about to happen. Since it looked like it would be now.

The real question is was this a bad chapter? No the art was good, we get a intro with Gerard in prison, we get to see what kinda place it is and then we go to Erza who seems to hear Gerards voice and remembers how things were and are, gains selfconfidence and beats the guy.

When i tried to discuss wether Gerard has a deal in the defeat of Azuma be it by a spell or perhaps talking to Erza to get her confidence back up i get smacked and smashed down, that its nonsense and that Gerard is talking to the freaking walls. And the asspull talk continues for another 2 pages. (my attempt to change the focus of the contributing members in the thread obviously failed.)

All people seem interested in is venting their disapointment about their own expectations. Wich is foolish. And will not be constructive. I dont see the point in saying OMG what an asspull, AGAIN the nakama powerup and see replies and thank you's for saying the same damn thing.
Thats a real waste of internet space in my opinion.

But feel free to use this thread as much as you like to keep saying how shit this chapter was, i dont see the point in it and its not what this thread is made for.

The moderators/admins will most likely intervene soon enough

Ifrit
June 05, 2011, 09:12 AM
I don't think it's gone that far LOL....We all here because we love this manga n this Anime called " Fairy Tail " if any1 got upset it's just because we all want the best for this anime we all think it's gonna be one of the best ever made....personally....now this might sound weird, but the only anime I really liked n watched is Fairy Tail....it got me from the first chp / ep. !!! yes I didn't like any other anime all the famous ones ONLY FAIRY TAIL GOT ME !!!

And I hope it will stay this way....but you should know...new idea attract people so if you keep doing the same thing over and over it will just get boring with time.

White Silver King
June 05, 2011, 10:50 AM
The thing is, if "EVERY" member agrees that something is wrong and someone won a fight with an asspull, we're not the ones who are wrong. Obviously, if such a large majority agrees then something is wrong with the manga, not our attitudes or opinions.

sarutobi_sensei
June 05, 2011, 11:33 AM
So people saying that the chapter was bad and stating the reason why it was bad, isn't discussing the chapter?

I didn't like the chapter like I liked the last couple of characters because Erza won. It's not the fact that she won that bothers me, but the way she won.

Heck, I was expecting FT to lose this battle or that Laxus appeared on Erza's location and said something about FT being an amazing guild and not going to lose against these guys.

ca12nag3
June 05, 2011, 11:42 AM
Its not constructive discussing the chapter if you keep going on about the same thing. We've already been there and done that in the 2 first pages of this thread...were on page 8 already.

How about discussing the artwork and what we expect to come next instead of going after something already said and done.

Also im not disagreeing to the point where i did not expect this. But to torch down the entire chapter just cause it didnt go as you hoped it would sounds pretty immature to me.

Also its a given rule that most people that post are those that have a realy good or realy bad impression of something, the rest stays away and lurks. That doesn mean that the 20~ people that post on here are right about it. There are thousands of people that read FT so dont think that cause you post here and agree with a handfull your opinion is the right one. And the rest should just follow your lead :)

RaveDragon
June 05, 2011, 12:35 PM
Guys how about we start the discussion of the chapter next week? i think we're all tired of repeating ourselves and i believe we are all keeping strong to our opinions so i'll try to start the discussion afresh by repeating my predictions and adding something else to it which came to my mind

Im thinking BN and gil will actually be next week cuz of that title at one time hints at some flashback or story telling so we might get some explanations on what BN seeks with the source of magic thingy

im hoping though its hades who goes next to team natsu and tells us his intentions, Makarov might stand up again against him asking him some things he can only and then gets beaten (maybe killed) this way it would give an excuse for Laxus o come back and help out the fallen FT with the right reasons now and become Master-in-training, ot master yet though

Lucy is an important key i dont know how mashima will fit, he gives us hints and leaves us to wonder :/

ShoobyDooBop
June 05, 2011, 01:07 PM
Base on the title of next chapter... I have no idea but if what you said will happen, Laxus getting training... I wonder if he'll learn the Giant magic and who'll be the one to teach him. And do you ppl think it's enough atonement for Laxus helping them? I think he'll settle things with his father first. Remember, Ivan wants that thing inside him and he assumes that Laxus would come to him, Ivan thinking he seeks revenge but that's not the case now. We can tell that he's good now. Then Ivan might send some powerful mages to come and get him.

Sollum
June 05, 2011, 01:09 PM
Guys how about we start the discussion of the chapter next week? i think we're all tired of repeating ourselves and i believe we are all keeping strong to our opinions so i'll try to start the discussion afresh by repeating my predictions and adding something else to it which came to my mind

I bet, that most of people are not up for that...

But okay, ill join you, by doing some predictions!

First of, lets start with insane plot twists, Fried and Bixlow will win against Rusty Rose.
Natsu and Co. will help out Gildartz to defeat Bluenote.

Then we will have Azumas flashback, after which he declare his wish to join FT!

Vaste Lorde
June 05, 2011, 01:37 PM
Guys how about we start the discussion of the chapter next week?

What chapter next week? You mean the one that's already predictable and everyone knows whats going to happen?

Isn't it obvious, i already stated in my previous post, from here on, its straight victory for FT.

Hades could always drop by and defeat the remaining FT members but whats the point, by the time that guy comes out all of FT's members will be healed and ready to argue or at least defend themselves. They already got Zeref, I don't think Ur wants to fight so yea. Everyone forgot that Grey is still pretty good.

Yes I will admit, I think Mashima screwed up big with this chapter. I'm sure many can agree as well, this arc could have been the best, hard to believe one chapter can do so much.

And please refrain from saying we are negative, everyone has their opinions and if you don't like it skip it.

Uriel
June 05, 2011, 01:47 PM
It's not that I did not like this chapter, but it was kinda...I don't know, felt like troll. :/

I mean, we had this amazing chapter previously with unknown possibilities and the one picked to solve it was the more...Deux Ex Machina one. It was a pleasant surprise to not know what could happen, now I know Fairy Tail will win even when they're not at the same level and that's somewhat bad for a reader because bores quickly...Having an all-time winner IS annoying (See Ichigo, See Sasuke) and ends repetitive.
Well, with that ends the rant that everyone is doing and I move on the next stuff to be said:

I liked the message of it and change of mind of Erza...That they're all protecting her instead otherwise. Nice twist on that.

PS: Silly Azuma, a Saint can't be hitted by the same move twice. :P

The moderators/admins will most likely intervene soon enough
Remember to reports when there is any infraction and if you feel like something is weird let that know to the mods here.

ca12nag3
June 05, 2011, 01:50 PM
What chapter next week? You mean the one that's already predictable and everyone knows whats going to happen?

Isn't it obvious, i already stated in my previous post, from here on, its straight victory for FT.

Hades could always drop by and defeat the remaining FT members but whats the point, by the time that guy comes out all of FT's members will be healed and ready to argue or at least defend themselves. They already got Zeref, I don't think Ur wants to fight so yea. Everyone forgot that Grey is still pretty good.

Yes I will admit, I think Mashima screwed up big with this chapter. I'm sure many can agree as well, this arc could have been the best, hard to believe one chapter can do so much.

And please refrain from saying we are negative, everyone has their opinions and if you don't like it skip it.

I would skip it if it didnt show up every next post, its like someone broke a record and im forced to read it every post. Instead of reading some good theories or some insight on whats up next.

@Sollum
About the defeating of other mages i dunno. Azuma didnt affect Erza with his ability cause he wanted a *fair fight* with the strongest, the others are pretty much drained now, unless they all revived their power. Even Gray went down with the *sickness*.

For the next chapter i honnestly dont know, "At one time" is the title for the next one. Thats up for grabs. It could be we go back to that boy, or we go to Ultears past? Like in recap. Or even Mavis, Zeref is also a option.
It does give a ring like its about the past tho.

matzik1212
June 05, 2011, 02:20 PM
you can't predict what will happen with just knowing the title of the next chapter , this chapter proved it ....it was called an amazing guild and was really disappointing 'cause that title didn't match at all with what happened in it -_-; ...i still don't get even now why was it called like that *sigh...*

Uriel
June 05, 2011, 02:24 PM
you can't predict what will happen with just knowing the title of the next chapter , this chapter proved it ....it was called an amazing guild and was really disappointing 'cause that title didn't match at all with what happened in it -_-' ...i still don't get even now why was it called like that *sigh...*
I think it's an amazing guild if they can give powerups when someone thinks of them. If you think about it, that's hell amazing. :P

And I think the message was clear: They are strong because they're together, not they're strong because there is strong individuals. That makes them strong as a guild...and that makes the an amazing guild.

-Ken-
June 05, 2011, 02:27 PM
I'm surprised to see so many hate for the chapter. I mean, I can see where it's coming from. But seeing it every post doesn't help to reinforce the fact. You guys just want Fairy Tail to lose.

Anyhow, how's this for an explanation. Azuma is too weak to control everyone magic power to use it against Erza. If he's strong enough, he should be able to force it although the actual magic power doesn't want to hurt Erza. So, he lost because he's too weak. Or you can call it stupid too, stupid that he's using power that he doesn't have full control over, so it bite him in the end.

Don't get me wrong, I like Azuma. He's my favorite Fairy Tail villain. But seeing so much hate annoys me more.

And Erza doesn't have her two strongest armor to use here. The fight last chapter is HARDLY fair fight that both people gave their best. If Erza have her two strongest armor, she might/probably just win without this "a**pull". Oh, but then, people would still call it a bs nonetheless.

ca12nag3
June 05, 2011, 02:29 PM
you can't predict what will happen with just knowing the title of the next chapter , this chapter proved it ....it was called an amazing guild and was really disappointing 'cause that title didn't match at all with what happened in it -_-; ...i still don't get even now why was it called like that *sigh...*

Last chapter 236 ended with "an incredible guild" Its what Azuma said when Erza came at him for the last time this chapter. So its within the line of what happend. Also Last chapter ended with gerard in jail and its where this chapter went on.

I know that its not what people hoped for but its not outside of whats expectable.

ShoobyDooBop
June 05, 2011, 02:40 PM
I'm surprised to see so many hate for the chapter. I mean, I can see where it's coming from. But seeing it every post doesn't help to reinforce the fact. You guys just want Fairy Tail to lose.

Anyhow, how's this for an explanation. Azuma is too weak to control everyone magic power to use it against Erza. If he's strong enough, he should be able to force it although the actual magic power doesn't want to hurt Erza. So, he lost because he's too weak. Or you can call it stupid too, stupid that he's using power that he doesn't have full control over, so it bite him in the end.

Don't get me wrong, I like Azuma. He's my favorite Fairy Tail villain. But seeing so much hate annoys me more.

And Erza doesn't have her two strongest armor to use here. The fight last chapter is HARDLY fair fight that both people gave their best. If Erza have her two strongest armor, she might/probably just win without this "a**pull". Oh, but then, people would still call it a bs nonetheless.

Yeah, I wanted them to lose coz it's boring if the protagonists always win. And Azuma ain't too weak to control everyone's magic power. If he is too weak to control it, I think he may look like he's somewhat about to explode. He can choose to do whatever he pleases with the magical energy, like not take away Erza's. He owns the power, until he's cut down by the power of friendship, of course.

-Ken-
June 05, 2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I wanted them to lose coz it's boring if the protagonists always win. And Azuma ain't too weak to control everyone's magic power. If he is too weak to control it, I think he may look like he's somewhat about to explode. He can choose to do whatever he pleases with the magical energy, like not take away Erza's. He owns the power, until he's cut down by the power of friendship, of course.

But he did fail to control the magic power.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/90712886/16

The power he's suppose to be controlling is protecting Erza. If he's strong enough, he will be able to control it. Show me a panel that he can control it pass this power of friendship then. He's not strong enough to control it. He can control it to certain extent (well, to bomb), but not enough to finish her off. It doesn't matter what you think he "might" look like. And like I say earlier, Erza doesn't have her two strongest armor. If she does, then I can call this fair fight. She doesn't, so Azuma already get some handicap.

ShoobyDooBop
June 05, 2011, 03:01 PM
But he did fail to control the magic power.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/90712886/16

The power he's suppose to be controlling is protecting Erza. If he's strong enough, he will be able to control it. Show me a panel that he can control it pass this power of friendship then. He's not strong enough to control it. He can control it to certain extent (well, to bomb), but not enough to finish her off. It doesn't matter what you think he "might" look like. And like I say earlier, Erza doesn't have her two strongest armor. If she does, then I can call this fair fight. She doesn't, so Azuma already get some handicap.

After he made it so Erza's magic power wouldn't get suck up, after he used that to cast a ridiculous attack on Erza, you're still saying he's not strong enough to control it. There wasn't even a proper explanation why that happened so we can only think why it protected Erza. And Erza did say it, that Azuma damaged the Purgatory and Fairy amor. But the thing is we didn't see him damage it, so the time he damaged it was skipped.

matzik1212
June 05, 2011, 03:31 PM
I think it's an amazing guild if they can give powerups when someone thinks of them. If you think about it, that's hell amazing. :P

And I think the message was clear: They are strong because they're together, not they're strong because there is strong individuals. That makes them strong as a guild...and that makes the an amazing guild.

yeah i read the chapter , what i was trying to say is that nobody expected that .....normally when you see that title you expect something else not some silly thoughts that gives power ups

Nonlife
June 05, 2011, 03:32 PM
The title itself overstated the OBVIOUS - since the main focus of FT is WINNING against every opponent, all the time. (I know I'm overstating the obvious; but every good story needs to balance out its "yin & yang.") Well, that leaves us with three members of Grimoire Heart. Does anyone think since the magic of Tenrou Island helped protect Erza, it'll return to everyone else in FT? (I forsee BlueNote's inevitable demise in one or two chapters.)

Uriel
June 05, 2011, 04:07 PM
So, who are left to be defeated then? RustyRose is the next one on the list, it seems. Sadly, I love his magic as much as I hate him. >_>

PS: I also think Azuma was not powerful enough to control the magic of Tenrou, which ended on showing Erza the help of his nakama.

sarutobi_sensei
June 05, 2011, 04:54 PM
Its not constructive discussing the chapter if you keep going on about the same thing. We've already been there and done that in the 2 first pages of this thread...were on page 8 already.

Who said something about it being constructive or not? People just started going around and saying that criticizing the chapter in a negative way wasn't discussing the chapter.

How about discussing the artwork and what we expect to come next instead of going after something already said and done.

The artwork is pretty much the same and regarding predictions, I'll leave mine soon.

Also im not disagreeing to the point where i did not expect this. But to torch down the entire chapter just cause it didnt go as you hoped it would sounds pretty immature to me.

No one is torching down the chapter just because it didn't go the way we wanted, some people are torching it because what should've happened, didn't happen.

FT should've lost this fight. I'm not saying I want them to be killed, I'm saying that sometimes a loss is a great experience. You have plenty examples of that in manga/anime. When a character or group of characters who are constantly winning actually loses, it means that they will progress further and will grow as characters. Making them win this absurd fight doesn't make them grow, but rather it makes them look dull because this time they had the protection of the island itself.

Lets imagine the following scenario, they lose, are about to get killed. Something saves them and takes them away from their opponents. If that something was the tree, I wouldn't mind, they would've lost, they would've been saved by something else, they would grow as characters, surpass themselves again and comeback to fight and defeat those that defeated them.

By making them win this way, for me, it's not a complete win. And FT deserves that.

Also its a given rule that most people that post are those that have a realy good or realy bad impression of something, the rest stays away and lurks. That doesn mean that the 20~ people that post on here are right about it. There are thousands of people that read FT so dont think that cause you post here and agree with a handfull your opinion is the right one. And the rest should just follow your lead :)

Is that really directed @ me? Or just general public?

Regarding a prediction for the next chapter, At that one time, is the line we get, I can't think of anything srsl.

It can be about so many things that I can't think of anything realy.

It could be about Laxus, it could be about Fried and Bixlow, about Cana and Guildartz, or and this I would like, about Urtear and Gray. That is actually what I feel will be the main topic of the next chapter.

But it could also be Azuma saying something about his past.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

So, who are left to be defeated then? RustyRose is the next one on the list, it seems. Sadly, I love his magic as much as I hate him. >_>

PS: I also think Azuma was not powerful enough to control the magic of Tenrou, which ended on showing Erza the help of his nakama.
Well we have 3 scenarios that could happen:

Azuma's loss automatically gives away the magical power he had stollen
Azuma is still conscious and keeps his promise, releases the magic power
Azuma is still conscious, tries to give away the magic power he has stollen only to be attacked/killed by Hades who takes the magical power for himself.

ca12nag3
June 05, 2011, 05:10 PM
Is that really directed @ me? Or just general public?

Regarding a prediction for the next chapter, At that one time, is the line we get, I can't think of anything srsl.

It can be about so many things that I can't think of anything realy.

It could be about Laxus, it could be about Fried and Bixlow, about Cana and Guildartz, or and this I would like, about Urtear and Gray. That is actually what I feel will be the main topic of the next chapter.

But it could also be Azuma saying something about his past.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Well we have 3 scenarios that could happen:

Azuma's loss automatically gives away the magical power he had stollen
Azuma is still conscious and keeps his promise, releases the magic power
Azuma is still conscious, tries to give away the magic power he has stollen only to be attacked/killed by Hades who takes the magical power for himself.

I was directing the general public, and i stand by what i said.

Also this is a shonen... So expect nakama powerups. Or else i sugest youd read seinen, i read a lot more seinen then shonen still i like both equal. I just dont expect some horrific death of heroes in shonen. It rarely happens. And i just take it for what it is and whats comming at me. Its rather arrogant to actualy demand the author to do your bidding ( or else im disapointed) thats just rediculous.

I try to predict things and discuss openly about FT all the time. I just dont mind if im right or wrong when it comes to it since FT is highly unpredictable.

What im looking forward to however is a reunion of Erza and Gerard. Tho i think its way to soon for that but it will eventualy happen.

-Ken-
June 05, 2011, 05:35 PM
After he made it so Erza's magic power wouldn't get suck up, after he used that to cast a ridiculous attack on Erza, you're still saying he's not strong enough to control it. There wasn't even a proper explanation why that happened so we can only think why it protected Erza. And Erza did say it, that Azuma damaged the Purgatory and Fairy amor. But the thing is we didn't see him damage it, so the time he damaged it was skipped.

Yes, I'm still saying that he's not strong enough to control it. Because that ridiculous attack fail.

Absorbing Fairy Tail's island power is fine. If they are fighting on somewhere with no magical tree, he wouldn't be able to done that and he probably can't use that attack unless he change the name tenrou and there's some other magical tree nearby.

My point is that he's not strong enough, or the attack would succeed. You're giving Azuma too much credit here for his screen time. I don't see the ***pull thing because Erza beating him was reasonable for me. Now, if Jet or Droy beat Azuma, I will call that ***pull. This is far from it. Erza had enough achievement on her end for this to be add to her tallies instead of just saying that they should lose. Fairy Tail (Edolas) also pretty would have be a goner if real Fairy Tail didn't go there. And Mira/Lily/Elfman also went down. There's casualties on both side. It's not Fairy Tail's fault that the enemy can't pull its weight. Now, if you combine every villains in Fairy Tail so far and pit them against Fairy Tail, the light guild most likely going to lose. It's not that Fairy Tail members can never lose. It's just that the enemy have to be strong enough for Fairy Tail to lose. Gildarts himself lose to a dragon, too.

ca12nag3
June 05, 2011, 06:11 PM
Yes, I'm still saying that he's not strong enough to control it. Because that ridiculous attack fail.

Absorbing Fairy Tail's island power is fine. If they are fighting on somewhere with no magical tree, he wouldn't be able to done that and he probably can't use that attack unless he change the name tenrou and there's some other magical tree nearby.

My point is that he's not strong enough, or the attack would succeed. You're giving Azuma too much credit here for his screen time. I don't see the ***pull thing because Erza beating him was reasonable for me. Now, if Jet or Droy beat Azuma, I will call that ***pull. This is far from it. Erza had enough achievement on her end for this to be add to her tallies instead of just saying that they should lose. Fairy Tail (Edolas) also pretty would have be a goner if real Fairy Tail didn't go there. And Mira/Lily/Elfman also went down. There's casualties on both side. It's not Fairy Tail's fault that the enemy can't pull its weight. Now, if you combine every villains in Fairy Tail so far and pit them against Fairy Tail, the light guild most likely going to lose. It's not that Fairy Tail members can never lose. It's just that the enemy have to be strong enough for Fairy Tail to lose. Gildarts himself lose to a dragon, too.

Its not just that, FT is on the island in full strength, their strongest *current* members are all there. So it would be weird if GH comes in and walks all over them, its not like Macao or anyone else is even able to do anything.
Also Mira lost cause she was fighting with 1 foot in a bucket, Lisanna isnt that strong, got captured and a bomb planted on her. Mira had no other choice then absorb the blast and got k.o-ed. If Mira was alone it would have most likely turned into a tree fight already. Since i dont think Mira and Erza are that much apart in fighting power.

The fight isnt over yet tho and i dont see Rusty as a really strong opponent. Im surprised hes the 2nd last one still in the fight, or well Ultear isnt really fighting at all. Shes just talking to Gray. Were already forgetting about little miss whats her name again. Well shes dragging Juvia so shes forfeit?

Bluenote isnt a 7-kin but he and Gildarts i dunno, we only saw him being surprised about Gildarts power but perhaps he can still put up a good fight?

swordsaintscoot
June 05, 2011, 06:31 PM
Couple things in response, which will be the last i say on this matter since after this it'd be repetitive. Also thanks Ghost for letting them be said, it was a civil discussion on the implications of expressing our opinions over the manga, so in a very loose way, it was somewhat on topic.

1) All the negativity just seems so much worse because so many people hold this 'opinion'.
2) Multiple people are allowed to express their opinion, regardless of how many have done so before them.
3) These threads get repetitive even with positive discussion and prediction. Perfect example being last week, where I made a post identifying it.
4) People aren't just saying "asspull" and leaving it at that. They aren't giving you an unjustified opinion, they're giving you reasons, which makes it a totally justified and reasonable opinion, which is still constructive. It's constructive criticism because we're being totally reasonable. Again I've used the word 'asspull' a single time to describe something and complained about the word itself so much more. I don't like the word.
5) The issue to me personally isn't just the Nakama power ups, One Piece, Bleach and Naruto still have them, and in comparison Fairy Tail is a step above with the power ups. However it isn't the nakama power ups that bother me exactly. It's that, there's no training to justify how much more powerful they're getting either. Many shounens at least justify their power ups through training, and the nakama power ups are them completing the training they couldn't fully complete in time. (I know, different mangas etc etc, but it's fairy tail discussion, because its a comparison)

I personally think these are totally reasonable and constructive topics for discussion. We still like the manga, but we don't have to think it's perfect. We're allowed to express the bad and the good. I doubt there's a thing in this world that you love 100% without disliking a single bit of it.

Anyway, that's the last of what i'll say because I know we're pushing our luck, but these are things that imo, the whole fairy tail community needed to see and at least read rather than be sorted through PM and what not. You don't have to agree with anything we say, that's why they're called opinions, and then you saying that negativity isn't constructive is also an opinion you're stating as fact. Personally, I find negativity can be so much more constructive than positivity. It's like when you fail something, you learn more than when you succeed.

And something I just noticed you say. Opinions aren't right or wrong. Please don't even go there.
---------------------------

I liked the art as well though. Erza's landing on the tree after striking down azuma looked pretty sweet. she always has such nice footwork...and feet (H). Props to azuma for being totally reasonable in defeat.

ca12nag3
June 05, 2011, 06:46 PM
Couple things in response, which will be the last i say on this matter since after this it'd be repetitive. Also thanks Ghost for letting them be said, it was a civil discussion on the implications of expressing our opinions over the manga, so in a very loose way, it was somewhat on topic.

1) All the negativity just seems so much worse because so many people hold this 'opinion'.
2) Multiple people are allowed to express their opinion, regardless of how many have done so before them.
3) These threads get repetitive even with positive discussion and prediction. Perfect example being last week, where I made a post identifying it.
4) People aren't just saying "asspull" and leaving it at that. They aren't giving you an unjustified opinion, they're giving you reasons, which makes it a totally justified and reasonable opinion, which is still constructive. It's constructive criticism because we're being totally reasonable. Again I've used the word 'asspull' a single time to describe something and complained about the word itself so much more. I don't like the word.
5) The issue to me personally isn't just the Nakama power ups, One Piece, Bleach and Naruto still have them, and in comparison Fairy Tail is a step above with the power ups. However it isn't the nakama power ups that bother me exactly. It's that, there's no training to justify how much more powerful they're getting either. Many shounens at least justify their power ups through training, and the nakama power ups are them completing the training they couldn't fully complete in time. (I know, different mangas etc etc, but it's fairy tail discussion, because its a comparison)

I personally think these are totally reasonable and constructive topics for discussion. We still like the manga, but we don't have to think it's perfect. We're allowed to express the bad and the good. I doubt there's a thing in this world that you love 100% without disliking a single bit of it.

Anyway, that's the last of what i'll say because I know we're pushing our luck, but these are things that imo, the whole fairy tail community needed to see and at least read rather than be sorted through PM and what not. You don't have to agree with anything we say, that's why they're called opinions, and then you saying that negativity isn't constructive is also an opinion you're stating as fact. Personally, I find negativity can be so much more constructive than positivity. It's like when you fail something, you learn more than when you succeed.

And something I just noticed you say. Opinions aren't right or wrong. Please don't even go there.
---------------------------

I liked the art as well though. Erza's landing on the tree after striking down azuma looked pretty sweet. she always has such nice footwork. Props to azuma for being totally reasonable in defeat.

In what way is it constructive criticism? Cause there is simply nobody to be constructive for. Mashima sure isn't reading this forum and then think about it and do things differently is it? Whats actually happening is that somebody complains, and then other complain too or condemn the critique. Which in itself always causes a downward spiral of negativism.

Sure things must be said but you can always put it differently so there you are right. However the words ass-pull and trolling are being used and those words are not on the constructive criticism list.

If people just said they are disappointed and o well better luck for me next time (as i see it for myself) things wouldn't look as negative as they do now.

Well whats said is said and thats that :D

I hope next chapter we will get a new wind, so far we've been thrue the entire enemy list except for Ultear and Hades (true still Bluenote and Rusty are up) But i expect some development on the others now.
The preview sentence for the next chapter is a bit vague this time but i hope for some past stuff on Ultear. I've been dying to see whats up with her, who her father is and why her parents split up. More so why does shes so sure her mother wants this, the entire capture + revive Zeref thing.

swordsaintscoot
June 05, 2011, 07:03 PM
In what way is it constructive criticism? Cause there is simply nobody to be constructive for. Mashima sure isn't reading this forum and then think about it and do things differently is it? Whats actually happening is that somebody complains, and then other complain too or condemn the critique. Which in itself always causes a downward spiral of negativism.

To me it's constructive because it promotes discussion. The downward spiral of arguments etc is caused be the way people respond, not by what's actually said.

Sure things must be said but you can always put it differently so there you are right. However the words ass-pull and trolling are being used and those words are not on the constructive criticism list.
I agree, I hate the word ass-pull too. It's the worst way to describe a persons disappointment in something, because these things aren't ass-pulls to me. They have explanations, it's just to some people it's not enjoyable, some because its not what they want, some just becaues they simply think it could've been done better.

If people just said they are disappointed and o well better luck for me next time (as i see it for myself) things wouldn't look as negative as they do now.

Well whats said is said and thats that :D

Yeah, things can be said better, but remember not everyone here speaks perfect English, some peoples way of expressing themselves are limited on an english speaking forum. So it's up to us to try and fill in the blanks and try to understand what they mean more than what they're saying.

And yes. Now it's all been said we can go back to (hopefully) 100% discussion. The only reason I broke my 'no response to this subject' was because this was just clarification on my last post lol.

----

I think we'll see a bit of everything this week. The last chapter or two have been pure erza because theres been nothing else to show except people lying around moaning and groaning. Now that is possibly over, we'll get some rustyrose, gildartz and gray.

I'd find it amusing if the azuma that got slashed was a wood clone substitution.

ghostexiled
June 05, 2011, 08:00 PM
All very indepth posts about Fairy Tail.

It boils down to what I stated in a few chapter threads back... everyone doesn't see or take away the same thing from the series, arc or chapter. Swordsaintscoot has made an excellent point... you can think the chapter was good or you can think it was bad. What I (as Mod and reader) wish for you guys to keep in mind, is how you plan to express your opinion(s) here. As long as you can reasonably state your thoughts without resorting to crude comments directed towards either the series, characters, author and/or members... then we are golden.

There is nothing wrong with having expectations, but in the same breathe, we all should already know what this series is about and how it will be carried on.

Anyway... please from this point on, lets try and keep the conversation more on what happened and what you think will happen. :)

I am not saying these conversations can't or shouldn't happen... just not in this thread. If you guys wish to carry on the discussion on the series in general, head over to the Hangout Thread.

Thanks for keeping the posts civil thus far!

alf_man
June 05, 2011, 11:10 PM
As much I would like to see FT lose and become something greater, what's done is done. People might have expected some Reverse Psychology when the title was hinted "Incredible Guild'.
Instead of hating the nakama powerups, I think that Azuma and the near future of FT deserves more love.

That guy is quite a beast but he accepted defeat and smiled when his TWO FREAKING MAJOR BLOWS to Erza didn't finish the job. I mean he lives by the Bushido and the fact that he had such a massive edge should have granted him the win. I guess Mashima was trying to show that love, protection and all the goody goody values allow her to reclaim the magic power from Tenrou tree.
I mean it's a Shonen and certain values have to be stressed and reinforced from time to time. The point is greatness is magic comes from kindness like the time Mira fought Fried ages ago.

In short, Azuma is amazing. I don't think he's a proper villain because he seems more like a Predator and is constanly hungry for battles. Perhaps, more like a Spartan. I hope he leaves GH and wanders around to challenge strong characters around Earthland and reappear later in the series. As for FT, they are up shit creek. Urtear is basically feeding Grey lies and I doubt that she will be kind enough the fix the tree unless someone from FT is smart enough to abduct Zeref ( that will be freaking die hard). Hopefully, there is more to Mavis' grave other than one cool spell that was nowhere as powerful as it sounded :P.

I would love to believe that the Last great spell of FT would make appearance and literally do something magical. Anyway, it's highly likely that FT will be disbanded for having some bullshit reasons like owning an Island with Zeref on it. It's still full of surprises.

Did anyone think that the best couple so far would be AZUMA and Erza?

Ifrit
June 05, 2011, 11:40 PM
Well...At one time : I think the title refer to all Fairy Tail members getting up and stand beside each other physically and mentally to help defeat whats left from GH...Lisanna said that the test took them apart from each other now that Erza revived the bonds again we will see all of them get up and fight together ...I think Levi n Lisanna will also help to defeat RustyRose ( Again I really hate that guy he's annoying )

mmm...I don't see any1 helping Gildartz...I think it's time for Gildartz to show BN why he's the only one got back from the 100 year quest !

Blanka
June 06, 2011, 12:43 AM
On the multi-front battle, Erza has to win to enable the rest to fight. Similar to other arcs. As a 'last' act he will fix tenrou tree. Erza out rest of arc for battle. Everyone else revived to level prior to tree being uprooted. Gildartz takes out his guy. Group battle for glasses. Move on to main event (Old dude). Natsu will flip out pumping everyone up. Capricorn will deliver extra troops to battlefield. Gray gets to ask more questions. Fairy Tail gets kicked by old dude, trigger Dragon Slayer battle with Luxus as last secret delivery by Capricorn. They win finally but zeref gets taken by Urtear ... next arc.

Ifrit
June 06, 2011, 12:55 AM
On the multi-front battle, Erza has to win to enable the rest to fight. Similar to other arcs. As a 'last' act he will fix tenrou tree. Erza out rest of arc for battle. Everyone else revived to level prior to tree being uprooted. Gildartz takes out his guy. Group battle for glasses. Move on to main event (Old dude). Natsu will flip out pumping everyone up. Capricorn will deliver extra troops to battlefield. Gray gets to ask more questions. Fairy Tail gets kicked by old dude, trigger Dragon Slayer battle with Luxus as last secret delivery by Capricorn. They win finally but zeref gets taken by Urtear ... next arc.

I kinda agree with you I don't see HADES walking away from this...I think it's gonna be Ultear + Gray walking away with Zeref...Gray with a good reason for doing so....but Mashima won't tell us that reason we will have to wait for the next Arc I think..I don't see Luxus coming really ..but still Mashima is full with surprise he might do it. after Laxus casted Fairy Law he said ( That he overpower Makarov ) he might be able to defeat HADES although I think Natsu the one gonna do it .

ShoobyDooBop
June 06, 2011, 01:56 AM

So for you it's not an asspull but It is for me since Azuma's attack succeeded then Erza got back up coz of Jellal's voice and Erza thinking of her friends saying she was the one always being protected and those friends doesn't even know what she was doing to do a thing for her. What the hell is that?! I said to myself. And like I said, there wasn't a proper explanation so it's an asspull. So I guess I better get used to these kinds of things (friendship power-up) in FT since I'm quite sure it'll happen again in future arcs but I can't promise that I won't complain again if the chapter is so horrible. And about Gildarts losing to a dragon. To be honest, I didn't expect that and his magic is just pure epic. He's strong and really famous across the country so I expected him to put up a fight. But since he himself said that a normal human couldn't defeat it, I accepted it quickly.

Razh
June 06, 2011, 06:23 AM
mmm...I don't see any1 helping Gildartz...I think it's time for Gildartz to show BN why he's the only one got back from the 100 year quest !

He's going to run away? :p

Honestly, after what we've seen, is there even anyone who would dare thinking that Bluenote might actually win?

RaveDragon
June 06, 2011, 08:32 AM
He's going to run away? :p

Honestly, after what we've seen, is there even anyone who would dare thinking that Bluenote might actually win?

its possible if Gildartz wounds act up on him suddenly because he's not fully recovered, if find BN suspicious but if not him someone who also wants the single source of magic or whatnot might appear to take his place and make lucy tell us about it maybe hades himself man mashima you do know how to make up curious things xD

PS i still expect FT to indirectly lose winnig fights is not all and we see how they already lost in a way so

kkck
June 06, 2011, 01:05 PM
Wonder how exactly the magic from the tree actually helped erza. Perhaps even in death mavis managed to control the island's magic and protect erza? Perhaps in itself the reason for this is not that important. Still, its not like erza defeated azuma because she was stronger but rather because the magic protecting her gave her a small opening. Azuma fans should be relieved at least by that much. Still, I think it was obvious something like this would happen. If erza hadn't won the fight then fairy tail would have been unilaterally exterminated without so much as a shred of a chance of fighting back. Even luxus arriving would not have made a difference as he probably can't be at several places at once. If azuma keeps his promise the gildarts and other fairy tail mages should get their power back. Given how dragon slayer magic works it is likely the 3 DS are going to be fully healed soon enough. Wonder what kind of magic gildarts will pull to defeat bluenote.... I want to see some crazy crash magic lol.

I wonder if the one to defeat rustyrose will be gazille also... Rustyrose was not necessarily about to be defeated as fear was actually a source of inspiration for him. If getting magic does heal gazille he could easily be what tilts the balance in their favor at least. Gazille needs to defeat a member of the seven kin IMO, he has to do better than those 2 other guys lol.

ShoobyDooBop
June 06, 2011, 01:19 PM
^Lol. So true about the last part. He has to do better. Him defeating Rusty is good for me but what about Freed and Bixlow? They made such an awesome entrance and oh yeah, Levy is there to feed Gajeel iron. That is only if Azuma returns the magical power.

DanteSonOfSparda
June 06, 2011, 02:56 PM
So for you it's not an asspull but It is for me since Azuma's attack succeeded then Erza got back up coz of Jellal's voice and Erza thinking of her friends saying she was the one always being protected and those friends doesn't even know what she was doing to do a thing for her. What the hell is that?! I said to myself. And like I said, there wasn't a proper explanation so it's an asspull. So I guess I better get used to these kinds of things (friendship power-up) in FT since I'm quite sure it'll happen again in future arcs but I can't promise that I won't complain again if the chapter is so horrible. And about Gildarts losing to a dragon. To be honest, I didn't expect that and his magic is just pure epic. He's strong and really famous across the country so I expected him to put up a fight. But since he himself said that a normal human couldn't defeat it, I accepted it quickly.

I think the explanation you're looking for is quite simple:
Have you ever experienced the mental "push" that you receive when you realized that all your friends and family stand behind you? For example if you're in a sports match and your see all your loved ones are cheering you on?
I know I did. Imo that's what FT is about: Gaining your power not from magical strength but from your bonds with other ppl.

That one aside, you do realize that FT had this "Power from bonds"-Theme from it's very beginning right? This was chapter #237!!! I can't believe ppl still complain about this "magical powerup" FT receives everytime they are about to loose to the bad guys...Like you said yourself the manga isn't gonna change so I suggest instead of complaining you start living with it. You'll come to enjoy the manga more, trust me :p

ShoobyDooBop
June 06, 2011, 03:15 PM
I think the explanation you're looking for is quite simple:
Have you ever experienced the mental "push" that you receive when you realized that all your friends and family stand behind you? For example if you're in a sports match and your see all your loved ones are cheering you on?
I know I did. Imo that's what FT is about: Gaining your power not from magical strength but from your bonds with other ppl.

That one aside, you do realize that FT had this "Power from bonds"-Theme from it's very beginning right? This was chapter #237!!! I can't believe ppl still complain about this "magical powerup" FT receives everytime they are about to loose to the bad guys...Like you said yourself the manga isn't gonna change so I suggest instead of complaining you start living with it. You'll come to enjoy the manga more, trust me :p

About the first part. Haven't experienced that, you see, not so close to my family members. And that's what happened to Erza in this chapter. But I can't accept the fact that that was enough to defeat a mage like Azuma. It's just lame.

The second, well, there are just ppl like me who complains when the chapter is that horrible in our eyes. And I'm not that used in this kind of thing back then so right now, I will. Calming down before reading every new chapter.

Ifrit
June 06, 2011, 11:52 PM
its possible if Gildartz wounds act up on him suddenly because he's not fully recovered, if find BN suspicious but if not him someone who also wants the single source of magic or whatnot might appear to take his place and make lucy tell us about it maybe hades himself man mashima you do know how to make up curious things xD

PS i still expect FT to indirectly lose winnig fights is not all and we see how they already lost in a way so

We still didn't see Lucy major part in this Arc...like she said in the beginning...now it's getting close to an end..I"m starting to think her major part was to locate the grave ...after all she gave Cana the idea of where it could be. but I doubt that. I'm sure Mashima got more hidden things for Lucy...like u said in ur previous posts...she yet never met HADES or Zeref.

For Gildartz he looked fine when fight start...he overpower BN n pushed him back twice from the first 2 hits...first when he protected Cana ...the other one when they smacked each other fists ...I think he need to win his first fight on his own.

Ninja_Pirate
June 07, 2011, 02:08 PM
I could not understand the concept.. the last page of previous chapter says "erza's presence disappears from feelings within gerrad's heart" - was it a trans error .. it should be "disappearing"// but even after reading that .. almost everyone knew that erza will get up... :p lol

I guess Azuma slipping from the tree and die in accident would have been a better option than this :p

RaveDragon
June 08, 2011, 03:35 AM
We still didn't see Lucy major part in this Arc...like she said in the beginning...now it's getting close to an end..I"m starting to think her major part was to locate the grave ...after all she gave Cana the idea of where it could be. but I doubt that. I'm sure Mashima got more hidden things for Lucy...like u said in ur previous posts...she yet never met HADES or Zeref.

For Gildartz he looked fine when fight start...he overpower BN n pushed him back twice from the first 2 hits...first when he protected Cana ...the other one when they smacked each other fists ...I think he need to win his first fight on his own.

i dont think it was to locate the grave, it was too common lets face it Levy could have done that as well, its something i believe only Lucy can do =] like you said she hasnt met Zeref surprisingly yet who was tight in front of her ans hades, plus i think we will only know her imp part at the very end of this arc and it may lead to other things in the series, i belive this arc is like the start the turning point for ft to take on some major plots

White Silver King
June 08, 2011, 12:39 PM
I said to myself. And like I said, there wasn't a proper explanation so it's an asspull.
The explanation was that the island's magic was keeping her alive. But that is just retarded because Azuma absorbed all the island's magic so there shouldn't be anything keeping her alive (I know she can't die but she could have at least lost).

matzik1212
June 08, 2011, 01:12 PM
yeah this chapter was a complete letdown ....i'm expecting some good things to happen next chapter at least to restore the action that was having a good flow till now :darn

Ifrit
June 08, 2011, 01:21 PM
yeah this chapter was a complete letdown ....i'm expecting some good things to happen next chapter at least to restore the action that was having a good flow till now :darn

exactly ...shift back to Gildartz Vs Bluenote ....Fried n Bixlow Vs RustyRose...and pretend nothing happened.

After Gildartz fight got interrupted..things went down hill..... >.>

ShoobyDooBop
June 08, 2011, 02:38 PM
The explanation was that the island's magic was keeping her alive. But that is just retarded because Azuma absorbed all the island's magic so there shouldn't be anything keeping her alive (I know she can't die but she could have at least lost).

I see.

Yeah, exactly. That thing is the asspull in this chapter. And Azuma didn't even bother to evade. It's not like he was injured badly or anything. He was too amazed.

I guess we'll be back to Gildarts and Bluenote, Fried and Bixlow. I want Bix to pull out another move or awesome tag team combos of the two.

Mangafan2
June 08, 2011, 07:02 PM
^ oh come on, the whole Fairy Tail manga is 1 giant ass pull lol

Don't get me wrong, I love it but it always goes like this.
Fairy Tail never had and never will have detailed, complicated and realistic/logical fights.

Keino
June 08, 2011, 09:59 PM
^ oh come on, the whole Fairy Tail manga is 1 giant ass pull lol

Don't get me wrong, I love it but it always goes like this.
Fairy Tail never had and never will have detailed, complicated and realistic/logical fights.

I get what you are saying. Every time I get excited that maybe an arc is going to turn into something exceptional (imo) I get trolled.
I was talking to my friend and he said he wasn't bothered by the chapter and I was like why, didn't the turn of events seem a bit of an ass pull? He said "I don't take Fairy Tail seriously, I read it cuz its fun and has very cool characters not to mention the awesome fan service."

I thought about what he said and I have to agree. I guess Fairy Tail will never be very sound strong wise or very good character development wise but it is still very enjoyable. I think once I lower my expectations and read Fairy Tail with a different perspective I won't be bothered with chapters like this anymore :amuse

That being said I'm looking forward to next chapter. Hope to see Gil (one of my fav characters btw) vs Bluenote. Fully expect a Gildartz victory and I think we haven't seen the last of Cana with Fairy glitter, I expect something related to that in the next couple of chapters.

matzik1212
June 09, 2011, 02:37 PM
i think that what cana should do is to somehow pass the fairy glitter to someone more suitable who has the ability to use it right ...that's the least she could do :D 'cause it would be a shame not to see something amazing like that magic power

Darjaille
June 09, 2011, 02:44 PM
i think that what cana should do is to somehow pass the fairy glitter to someone more suitable who has the ability to use it right ...that's the least she could do :D 'cause it would be a shame not to see something amazing like that magic power

That would go with Lucy, but I think Mashima won't go with it. He will make Cana 'worth' of Gil or what that girl wants, she will somehow pull Fairy Glitter. There's no chance we won't see it again, actually doing something.
Though... Cana passed out it seems, so I don't know :headscratch

Ninja_Pirate
June 10, 2011, 12:23 AM
That would go with Lucy, but I think Mashima won't go with it. He will make Cana 'worth' of Gil or what that girl wants, she will somehow pull Fairy Glitter. There's no chance we won't see it again, actually doing something.

There are lot of things which Mashima shows in manga and then later on totally forget about it and expect the same from the readers as well.. so i guess there will be no FT glitter and might be just revelation of cana being the daughter of gildartz(least to be done) ... some kind words and then cana will not make it a do or die situation for such kindda of exams next time...

For the character development what has been till date for cana is... she found the grave.. got FT glitter and just made a stage for gildatrz entrance .. lol

k-dom
June 10, 2011, 04:13 PM
I finished Rave today.
And this chapter and its comments made me smile a little after the fact

A piece of advice : if you consider this chapter was ass pulled : don't bother starting Rave, ever ! :-)

ca12nag3
June 10, 2011, 05:56 PM

It might depend what phase FT is in. Mashima has a habit of rushing through moves all the time, like introducing them as super-moves but drop them and move on. Or more precise the move itself isn't as important as the entire introduction :D.
What i think is that we will now go to a more storytelling phase all together and less fighting. And after that we will go to a final phase with Zeref + Hades and whatever is the grand plot of GH and it will succeed. Sure there will be fighting but we had non stop fighting ever since the trials were on halt, anyone remember when that was? lol.

nubine7
June 10, 2011, 09:45 PM

He absorbed all the islands magic and put it into that attack. Since Erza is a FT mage the island magic shouldn't kill/harm her, that's why she just popped back up after the first attack and the second attack made her stronger.

Mangafan2
June 13, 2011, 01:37 PM
the 2nd attack didn't make her stronger, it's not like his magic buffed or anything