PDA

View Full Version : Review Bleach 256 Review by Gigantor21

gigantor21
December 24, 2006, 10:05 PM
256. Infinite Slick

This chapter was hilarious, plain and simple. From the second page shot of Renji getting powerbombed by an ecstatic Dondochizzle, to Ishida’s washing detergent slogan, and the move for which the title was taken, this was a ridiculous and whimsical play-for-time chapter. It was pretty obvious after reading it a few times that Kubo had no idea how to progress the plot beyond showing Goldorina’s release, making this chapter fluffy canon filler. That’s why the next sentence will end my review; I have nothing else to say on the chapter, unless you want some filler paragraphs about the artwork or something….

But it was enjoyable fluff.

Rating: 3.5/5

Luckas
December 25, 2006, 01:41 PM
I'll agree completely with you.

mugen
December 25, 2006, 03:25 PM
No doubt Kubo hass been giving crap to his fans lately...
I mean another SS arc except this time it's Inoue, not Rukia.
And this time Everybody gets their ass's kicked

gigantor21
December 25, 2006, 04:03 PM
Luckas - Thanks.

Mugen - Well, the way I see it, this is just a canon filler arc until the war actually breaks out. Whatever happens will probably have little bearing on the war as a whole, because Aizen can make Arrancar whether he has Inoue or not, and he only needs a few Vastorode-based Arrancar to take down Soul Society, anyway.

So, basically, this chapter is a microcosm of the arc--a play-for-time part of the story.

mugen
December 25, 2006, 04:05 PM
so you agree with me to stop reading the manga until the real Aizen arc starts

gigantor21
December 25, 2006, 04:18 PM
so you agree with me to stop reading the manga until the real Aizen arc starts

I don't have that kind of willpower, though, so I couldn't. I'm way too attached to the series.

mugen
December 25, 2006, 04:23 PM
I don't have that kind of willpower, though, so I couldn't. I'm way too attached to the series.

me too
let's just hope that Bleach gets interesting again...

Luckas
December 25, 2006, 04:41 PM
And me too, let's hope all together :D

Silhouette
December 25, 2006, 10:47 PM
Thank you for the review :amuse

No doubt Kubo hass been giving crap to his fans lately...
I mean another SS arc except this time it's Inoue, not Rukia.
And this time Everybody gets their ass's kicked

I don't this arc is similar to SS. It's not about saving Inoue, it's all about the awakening of the Hougyouku. It all makes sense if you think about it logically. Inoue is the only one who can revive the Hougyouku and that's why Aizen forced her -under threat- to co-operate or "follow" him. Now SS should've been involved in the rescue mission since they know Aizen's goal and most likely have figuered out Inoue's powers. The reason SS didn't though was because Inoue was labeled as a trator and the Hougyouku will be awakened sooner or later, so SS decided to focus on the preparation of the upcoming battle and may be building up thier defenses around the empiror.
When KT makes Ichigo and co go to HM, he is not giving us crap, he is rather setting up for the changes that will happen.
Firstly, Ichigo wnet to SS with a weak ass resolution and zero skills to come out as a 1st grade shinigami who can use bankai. So expect some changes to happen not only to him but to others as well in HM.
Secondly, when Chad and Ishida were beaten in SS, they were treated and taken care of even though prisoned. Don't expect this to happen in HM.
Thirdly, Aizen is a person who disposes of those who cannot serve thier purpose and by considering the point above there is a big chance of someone dying. Can you imagine how this will affect Ichigo? Remember when Ichigo fought his hallow and fought "Zaraki"? He told him to be cruel. Also that Dorry dude told Ichigo to become a monster to fight monsters...Foreshadowing?!! I guess we will find out

Finally, I am happy that Ichigo has been getting his ass handed to him lately because after his display of power in SS I was thinking "his strength can't grow further than that!". Now that we see that his powers still have a long way to go and I can hardly wait to see them developing

mugen
December 25, 2006, 10:50 PM
you wrote a lot to simply say that Inuoe is the star of this arc and that it's okay for Ichigo to be weak...

Silhouette
December 25, 2006, 11:39 PM
I am afraid you misread my post :)
The first thign it my post was "the HM arc is not about saving Inoue"
To make it simpler, this arc is about:
1- Unleashing the full power of the Hougyouku
2-Ichigo's power will grow further than a bankai or even a regular Visard
3- The story is suggesting, so far, that Ichigo will experience a change is personality to achieve point 2

Excuse my english writing skills if I got you confused again :amuse

mugen
December 25, 2006, 11:46 PM
that's what i said ................
cuz who has the biggest connection to Hougyouku NOw
Inoue

2-Ichigo's power will grow further than a bankai or even a regular Visard
3- The story is suggesting, so far, that Ichigo will experience a change is personality to achieve point 2
Ichigo needs to get stronger cuz he's weak :noworry
meaning it's okay for him to be weak cuz he's going to get stronger

Silhouette
December 26, 2006, 12:23 AM
Using spoiler tags to repeat what you already said doesn’t mean it was actually my point.

Inoue is just a key to the main event…the main event is the awakening of the Hougouku...Inoue dosn't matter at all becuase she will most likely die.

It’s not ok for Ichigo to be weak, but I am glad he still can improve, the HM fight will change his personality or at least perception of why he should fight battles and that is the way for him to improve.

ttxdragon
December 26, 2006, 03:25 AM
this chapter really was pure fun,
it was a chapter to simply laugh and this arc grabs a bit more of the fun than the SS arc did...
and if you follow tites pattern, you see that - if you really need to compare the stuff - this is like the part from ichigo training under urahara till the point they break into seireitei.

oh man, i sense this post will go further off topic.

but.
i think this arc is definitely different from the SS arc.

this arc has multiple fractions with multiple goals.
Aizen - have some fun playing, win the war, kill the king
Soul Society - recover the hougyouku, win the war
Ichigo's fraction - Save a friend he owes one, proof Soul Society wrong, Overcome his barriers.
Inoue - destroy the hougyouku and be the "sacrificial lamb" to make the works of the short time allied fractions a success
Vaizards - aim unknown, but they want to maintain the world too... kinda part-time allies.
Tatsuki's group - to get to ichigo, to help him, to re-win his trust and friendship (and in tatsuki's case, his love? i so want that :wtf )
Urahara - to recover the hougyouku and some unknown things
Ishida Sr. and Kurosaki Sr. - aid their children, protect the town - and possibly much more unknown things.

then, this arc has a clear "villain" in aizen. something we did not have in the main plot of the SS arc.
here we have someone they need to work against and need to avoid death of not the "damsel in distress" but the teams. our damsel in distress is actually the safest one... the teams are closer to death than her, for now.

one more point,
all these chapters set something up, as much comedy as there is in them, they all serve a purpose.
the renji-sequences too, if my guess is right.
the ichigo fight did set up the basics for his "evolution",
the ishida fight sets up his new powers, known and unknown - he has more than one weapon.
the two fights mentioned above set up even more - we get a hint on their parents powers for example.
the renji sequences show one thing: aizen controls/lets control who runs into enemies, meaning he took the two likely weakest parts and has something planned for the late arrived shinigami - maybe as some kinda lab-rat for the hougyouku, so that he isn't the first shinigami he tries it on? he couldn't use ichigo or the other two for that... he would need renji and/or rukia.
not showing us rukia, but aizen and his team is something to built up even more suspense for her chapters, he shows what the enemy does, but leaves an ally out of the view? there is something up with it, nothing little for sure.

i wrote too much, again.
and in the end, silhouette is right,
i just wanted to elaborate it further.

i hope i brought my point through.

the SS arc was a single-goal arc, with a fraction working against the other.
this is a multi-aim arc, with many fractions working for many goals and those fractions take diffrent allies depending on the situation.

Luckas
December 26, 2006, 06:46 PM
@Silhouette: You wrote a very good post, but the problem is (I believe) in the writing by Tito, absolutely no t at the same level as before.

@ttxdragon: I like your idea about: "multiple fractions with multiple goals".

gigantor21
December 26, 2006, 11:40 PM
Thanks for all the comments, everyone.

Silhouette - I agree with the points in your first post here, but that's why I've been so dissatisfied with the arc lately--there hasn't been very much in the way of those three topics in the past 5 months. There's just been a lot of random fighting, and unlike in the SS-Arc, the excitement of the fights doesn't nearly make up for the randomness while the story comes together.

ttxdragon - Aizen making a Vaizard out of Renji or Rukia? Utter blasphemy!

Seriously, though, that would be an incredible twist. It doesn't seem too likely, though--and I can't think of Renji as being among the bottom half of the group in terms of strength.

Silhouette
December 27, 2006, 08:59 AM
ttxgragon, wow thank you fir your post... it was comprehensive and explained exactly how the current arc is going

gigantor21, the plot of the current arc is much deeper than that of SS for many reasons mentioned in ttxdragon's post..I hope the way you feel won't stop you from writing your nice reviews and thanx again :amuse

gigantor21
December 27, 2006, 02:29 PM
ttxgragon, wow thank you fir your post... it was comprehensive and explained exactly how the current arc is going

gigantor21, the plot of the current arc is much deeper than that of SS for many reasons mentioned in ttxdragon's post..I hope the way you feel won't stop you from writing your nice reviews and thanx again :amuse

Oh, definitely not. I'll only stop once it gets to the point where I become too bored with the series to download any more chapters, and it isn't even close to that yet. So don't worry about it.

And you're welcome.