PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 238 Discussion

ghostexiled
June 03, 2011, 02:20 PM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/70356-Fairy-Tail-237-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

swordsaintscoot
June 11, 2011, 01:34 AM
chapters out

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c238/1.html

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/238

a rather interesting development at the end there.

Keino
June 11, 2011, 02:04 AM
Wow this chapter felt like Mashima pressed fast forward on the arc :lmao
Rustyrose and Bluenote got defeated so quickly, he even had time to make Gray relevant again(fighting wise)

First off not sure what happened to Azuma there. Did he become "one" with the earth? or is this his way of repenishing his power? Because I'm wondering if that is the last I'll see of him.:(

As i expected Gil defeated Bluenote and I still haven't fully figured out his powers yet but he is still awesome.

Rustyrose got defeated quite cleverly, or was he? Correct me if I'm wrong but did Bixlow use Elfman to defeat him, right? Or did the magic power returned to Elfman enough to make him strong enough to land a good blow? Anyway once the magic power was returned his defeat was expected.

Well the chapter ended with Ultear suggesting to gray to fight Hades but Azuma said she is Hades most trusted so I'm lead to believe that she is trying to get Gray killed cuz there is noooo way Gary should be able to beat Hades even if he uses "ice shell". So I'm not sure of her intentions.

Anyway I'm glad those fights are over because imo he messed them up, so I'm looking forward to see how the the arc concludes. :amuse

swordsaintscoot
June 11, 2011, 02:11 AM
Rustyrose and Bluenote got defeated so quickly, he even had time to make Gray relevant again(fighting wise)

First off not sure what happened to Azuma there. Did he become "one" with the earth? or is this his way of repenishing his power? Because I'm wondering if that is the last I'll see of him.:(

As i expected Gil defeated Bluenote and I still haven't fully figured out his powers yet but he is still awesome.

Rustyrose got defeated quite cleverly, or was he? Correct me if I'm wrong but did Bixlow use Elfman to defeat him, right? Or did the magic power returned to Elfman enough to make him strong enough to land a good blow? Anyway once the magic power was returned his defeat was expected.

Well the chapter ended with Ultear suggesting to gray to fight Hades but Azuma said she is Hades most trusted so I'm lead to believe that she is trying to get Gray killed cuz there is noooo way Gary should be able to beat Hades even if he uses "ice shell". So I'm not sure of her intentions.

Anyway I'm glad those fights are over because imo he messed them up, so I'm looking forward to see how the the arc concludes. :amuse

To me it's kinda like he lost control of his magic in that, instead of feeding off the earths energy like he did, it's whacked itself in to reverse and now instead of him merging with trees, they're merging with him. So hopefully that's not the case because I really want to see him again.

I actually liked Rusty's loss personally, Bixlows figure eyes is an extension of his doll power, he controlled elfman for a moment to dispell the tower magic. Was quite smart <3. It was the only way elfman was doing anything, his body was too tattered to willingly do anything lol...

Iced shell is an indiscrimate magic though, it eternally freezes whatever is inside (forget moon drip for now). I enjoyed it's re-introduction though because a strong magic like that shouldn't just be forgotten. I really hope gray isn't dumb enough to kill himself though so hades is defeated. But we still havent seen Natsu cry the same as the vision yet... Just maybe...maybe gray pulls it off?

Krono
June 11, 2011, 02:16 AM

He turned into a tree. Odds are it's a non-graphic way of killing him off, while leaving enough ambiguity that Mashima can bring him back later if he really wants to.

Bixlow used Elfman. He used his figure eyes to make Elfman into one of his dolls to land a good blow.

She's likely trying to get Hades killed. Remember these?

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c220/23.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c222/2.html

Care to take a guess now who she's looking to save herself from? Or how willing to hand Zeref over to Hades she is?

Samui
June 11, 2011, 02:20 AM
Another terrible chapter... loved how the pointless Bluenote was sent flying Team Rocket style. His last magic was pretty lame, too.

Ifrit
June 11, 2011, 02:21 AM
As I expected...I said once " ultear said : I got you Zeref your all mine ..." I WON'T HAND YOU TO ANYONE " ....but I thought she might be manipulating Gray...but not to convince him to do UR spell " ICE SHELL " Ultear is planing everything from the start even HADES have no idea.

Anyway....Great chapter...set things back on track Gildartz n Fried n bixlow fight. great chapter can't wait. To see Gray action we waited long enough now we get to see Gray. and hope he give us some hint of what Ultear is planing to do with Zeref.

BTW Guys...showing Romeo with his father in the beginning ....I won't say anything hehehhehe...I'm sure every1 know what I'm thinking ...that boy :)

Darjaille
June 11, 2011, 02:45 AM
Good chapter. Me liked.
Anyway, Ultear, it looks just like she wants to kill Gray off.. he'll be toast the second he starts a fight... and even if he isn't, he'll die anyway.
Gil:vbunny

Wrong cover, wrong! It cannot be truly Romeo:crying

luffyg2
June 11, 2011, 02:58 AM
Whats up with azuma turning into a tree... does that mean he<s dead... anyway ... blue note got beaten a little too fast for me but it was still cool... I wonder if Ultear is sending Grey to his death or is she really saying the truth

LoS
June 11, 2011, 03:02 AM
I guess the good parts of the chapter were the action and fighting, they were kinda cool, the techniques and power levels. The dialogue and story sure as hell wasn't.

Bixlow controlling Elfman as a doll, I wonder how well he can control poorly made dolls, because Elfman all broken and tattered probably can't function properly and be controlled well.

Mashima once again forcefully shoved the bonds/friendship defeats "dark" crap down our throats. It's getting old, I would rather you didn't try to explain it and just let us go with the flow, because as is the bonds making them stronger is such a poor excuse.

Gray defeating Hades will make this entire arc an absolute failure. This is by far the longest arc and has had ups and downs, and countless disappointments, but this will be the most disappointing part by far. Even if Gray sacrifices himself to defeat Hades, I personally will feel affronted and cheated. It will effectively be one enormous cop out by Mashima.

Sad to say that this arc is basically over. Gray/Urtear will head back to the ship with Zeref where they meet up with Hades, and of course Lucy/Natsu will join the gang where some silly and pointless confrontation will occur, but Mashima will allow the good guys some glimmer of hope and save them for the most part.

He turned into a tree. Odds are it's a non-graphic way of killing him off, while leaving enough ambiguity that Mashima can bring him back later if he really wants to.

I feel like quoting this, because it is the correct answer. Everyone should read this and understand. This way the thread isn't littered with the same question over and over and over again. Although, that said, Mashima hasn't killed off any of the 7 kin nor Bluenote, so I would lean toward the latter part of the quote.

Zeltrax
June 11, 2011, 03:16 AM
LoS's post is pretty much everything. You know, I think I'm going to expect every single arc of ft to turn out this way
so I can just enjoy the ride and stop taking it seriously.
This arc will probably end like that.
Or with ft stoping gray from using ice shell and all of the members taking him on and winning is also possible.
But you know what, either way how things will go is pretty clear.

kakashidad
June 11, 2011, 03:33 AM
This without doubt was the best manga released this week.That was awesome,the conclusion of the
main fights were tied up quickly without any need to drag them out for endless issues(ahem bleach)And we get to verify that not every member of grimore heart are evil from the core.Clearly there's been alot
of intimidation exercised by Hades and then of course you had some of those members that were just misguilded and or lost.

Asuma in around about way has joined fairytail like a few of us predicted...''oh me sides'' he's part of the landscape pmsl.Gildartz is one scary fellow.He crushed a effin blackhole for goodness sake!And had wit with it..''so you like flying eh,here go fly POWWWW to the moon'' lol.Brixlow and fried with help from their namaka's eventually owned Rustylee...who for me was a very forminable enemy...if i had to put a ranking system in place for that guilds members he'd have been just behind Ultear with asuma bluenote closely following...keep them thoughts clean now lol.

Now down to the meat and gravy of this issue,for me at least.Ultear and Gray?This is a facinating relationship/moment.Like i implied earlier in this post.It would appear that most/some of the GH guild Hades assembled.Where there because of intimidation...and she it would seem is one of those...imo.She could just be a very good poker player.And did not want to reveal her hand yet...by the way.She wants to edo tensei her mom back to life...wait and see folks.It's like looking thru clear glass,it's so transparent.She has never come to terms with her moms death Hence hope she used to react to meldy, when she called her with an endearing name.

I see Romeo on the cover/first page again?So it was romeo at the end of issue 236...i hate saying i told you so but i did lol.laters

Peace.

wooticus
June 11, 2011, 03:38 AM
guess natsu has to eat some serious shit now. just joking.

could it be that ice shell is just some really powerful form of lost magic? one that hades does no posses? well it certainly is one hell of a magic because it also sealed that deliora thing. but that could be resolve the missing frame in charleys vision, the natsu crying one could be when gray tells him that he will sacrifice himself. (you know the rest, natsu going wild etc.)

i personally believe that the only thing on this island that can and will defeat hades is fairy glitter or the other fairy xyz spell. some obvious stuff like everybody putting their magic together through tenrouu tree and cana (or whoever) will deliver an "eat this in the name of fairy tail" fairy glitter

Sollum
June 11, 2011, 03:56 AM
Oh my gosh!

Azuma went down like a true captain of a ship! Respect for him!

Ultear has her own agenda it seems, question is, if she works for Tartaros or Raven Tail.

Lol at Gerard being a sad man, at least he is not a tree >.>

Okay, so i got it now, what Natsu must eat... Cana's hand with Fairy Glitter tatto!

Kuzumikun
June 11, 2011, 03:57 AM
Great chapter :D i like the fights but i wish levy was part of it but its okay:D
gray isn't ganna go after him i feel like hes ganna go find natsu and the others

Ero-Sanji
June 11, 2011, 03:58 AM
Ultear is the greatest villain ever!

The battles were rushed but I have to admit I liked the way Rustyrose got beaten since it involved team work and not nakama boost. Bluenote vs Gildartz ended way to fast and was in my opinion quite unnecessary. First we have this guy named Bluenote who's so terrifying and dangerous, malevolent and just plain bad. Yet he has all the time in the world to finish Gildartz but ends up playing with him instead... He's final move easily gets shattered by Gildartz, which is fine by me but please couldn't Gildartz have done this in the first place? Anyway, his Itten move was great!

Now to why Ultear is the greatest, and the answer is because she's the the baddest mind f*cker ever!! First manipulating Gerard for years then infiltrating the council ending up destroying it and now she's tricking Gray into killing himself taking her master with him. That's exactly what I want from a villain. All this time FT has had goons that mindlessly follows a stronger leader but Ultear shows how it's supposed to be done!

RaveDragon
June 11, 2011, 04:34 AM
Ultear man you have amazing acting skills i guess you're bad to the core and you are going to be the ultimate villian along with the reawakened Zeref.

Gray do not do it!

Its so confusing from one side FT is gaining from the other side its losing too so right now it a fickle balance and we cant say who will ultimately win. hades is unreachable i dont see Gray winning without dieing and Hades still would probably survive. I dont see Mashima sacrificing a character so close to the mains.

Frozen fighting spirit - i would guess Gray is going to go up against Ultear and not give in to her brainwash but will be confused and his fighting spirit would be very low, Team Natsu meets Hades and we get some revelations. Lucy will tell us on the source of all magi which now more than ever i believe is connected to Zeref and maybe Layla (since Lucy seems to have the opp type of magic her mum would be so too).
i cant make up thoeries right now cuz its a crucial part were i believe we will get a load of surprises we never expected involving Zeref, Lucy (possibly Layla), obviously Natsu and maybe if Z is a DS even the dragons

Ifrit
June 11, 2011, 05:15 AM
Ultear man you have amazing acting skills i guess you're bad to the core and you are going to be the ultimate villian along with the reawakened Zeref.

Gray do not do it!

Its so confusing from one side FT is gaining from the other side its losing too so right now it a fickle balance and we cant say who will ultimately win. hades is unreachable i dont see Gray winning without dieing and Hades still would probably survive. I dont see Mashima sacrificing a character so close to the mains.

Frozen fighting spirit - i would guess Gray is going to go up against Ultear and not give in to her brainwash but will be confused and his fighting spirit would be very low, Team Natsu meets Hades and we get some revelations. Lucy will tell us on the source of all magi which now more than ever i believe is connected to Zeref and maybe Layla (since Lucy seems to have the opp type of magic her mum would be so too).
i cant make up thoeries right now cuz its a crucial part were i believe we will get a load of surprises we never expected involving Zeref, Lucy (possibly Layla), obviously Natsu and maybe if Z is a DS even the dragons

I agree with you. My prediction is : Gray won't fall for Ultear mind play...I think when she's gonna turn her back to Gray ...Gray will threaten her to use ICE SHELL on Zeref him self....I don't think Gray forgot the message Natsu wanted him to receive ..killing ur self to win...ain't a win. And he know better than believing UR want Gray to end up killing him self....bec if he do so all UR did in giving her life away so he n Leon could live would just go for nothing !

but still lets say Gray actually went for HADES ...he will use ICE SHELL HADES will be like : Do u actually think that will be enough to beat me kid * SLAP * Gray down :p

kakashidad
June 11, 2011, 05:26 AM
Greater than Aizen you say....surely not lol.But i do get your drift...I didn't really look for that aspect as
i'm generally more postive in what i'm looking for...happy ending lol.Still if that hand belongs to anyone.
It'll be meldy's or Cana imo.The wrist are more like a female than a males imo.

ShoobyDooBop
June 11, 2011, 05:31 AM
Good chapter.
Azuma, you are the coolest villain so far.
The fights were cool. I like how Rustyrose were defeated. It was teamwork, not nakama power-up. Gildartz ftw. He fucked up gravity.
About Ultear, after what she said, now I think she's indeed manipulating Gray but she probably wants to take care of Hades using Gray so Zeref is all hers.

Now, all that's left are Hades and Ultear. Will he come out?

Ero-Sanji
June 11, 2011, 05:36 AM
@Kakashidad

Easy now, no one can beat a god...
I meant in FT of course.

ca12nag3
June 11, 2011, 06:54 AM

The battles were rushed but I have to admit I liked the way Rustyrose got beaten since it involved team work and not nakama boost. Bluenote vs Gildartz ended way to fast and was in my opinion quite unnecessary. First we have this guy named Bluenote who's so terrifying and dangerous, malevolent and just plain bad. Yet he has all the time in the world to finish Gildartz but ends up playing with him instead... He's final move easily gets shattered by Gildartz, which is fine by me but please couldn't Gildartz have done this in the first place? Anyway, his Itten move was great!

Now to why Ultear is the greatest, and the answer is because she's the the baddest mind f*cker ever!! First manipulating Gerard for years then infiltrating the council ending up destroying it and now she's tricking Gray into killing himself taking her master with him. That's exactly what I want from a villain. All this time FT has had goons that mindlessly follows a stronger leader but Ultear shows how it's supposed to be done!

It might be a duality really. On one hand Ultear really wants to do her mothers wish, but shes so warped that she keeps on scheming and plotting and using people. So she might actually be a really sad person :D That doesn't change the fact shes a villain though.

matzik1212
June 11, 2011, 07:01 AM
i'm glad this chapter's finally back on the right path :) it was good ........ gildartz and fried did a great job defeating those bastards , they were very annoying especially rustyrose ....i can't stand that guy :darn
now i don't know what's truth and what's lie , ultear's words seem to have an effect on gray and i can't blame the guy ....i mean just the mention of ur can make him an airhead that can trust even the enemy so i wouldn't be surprised if he listens to what she's saying ^_^.....but what i found it hard to believe is if ultear results to be the main villain , i find it hard to believe that hades is being played with, he doesn't seem that kind of guy though it's obvious that ultear has something bad in mind but i don't think she's particularly that evil ;)

Uriel
June 11, 2011, 07:02 AM
What a great way to troll us, make an awesome character like Azuma (Which at first I thought his magic was lame until I actually saw what it was) die with mood to reveal information but not time for doing so. Loved it <3

Amazing chapter. What I liked the most was Ultear, actually. She's a great villain! She even doesn't look like one! I think She's manipulating Gray to do that magic, but what I don't understand is why. Although of course I wont understand her, She's a genius. To have infiltred on the council and make a 5 years plan to have just one moment of distraction...It's kinda epic.
If Azuma wouldn't say what He said on this chapter, I would have ate all the words of Ultear :O

And well, as a side note...You've disappointed me, RustyRose. You had one of the most epic magic presented on the whole manga and the only thing you did was repeating a move? Bastard, you deserved to lose. But I still love your magic.

Shinsatsu
June 11, 2011, 07:44 AM
So, Ultear being the ultimate villain is a logical deduction from this chapter.

I just hate it when strong villains who performed well, end up being kicked in the face or thrown up in the sky just like trash. This is not Pokèmon... I prefer watching good fights with reasonable endings.

As for the future, I think that Hades will be defeated without Gray's ultimate magic ... That way, the story can movie on without losing main characters and keeping the worst villain for future use (and of course she has Zeref with her now).

lordoffantasy
June 11, 2011, 08:25 AM

i don't see any messing up. emotion is often the thing that drives these guys, and as magic is part ofthe spirit, it is likely that was what happened. also those guys got cuahgt off guard, got oto cocky. rusty forgot that there were fairytail guys all around him, never thoguht an injjured one could get back up. and the old man is just made out of eighty percent all around bad ass. lost slightly twenty percent of his body to a dragon and still lived. he got back to one hundred percent strength while bluenote was still weakened.
now we know what ultear is up to. by no means ultear likely on gray's side, but she may be right about that magic. now that i think back, the sheeer power of their magic seems like that ancient veriaty. that ice power, capable of freezing a massive demon....oh dear.
i am smelling the finale coming soon. gray attempts to attack hades, perhaps being stopped before his ice powers. the others try to stop him, but are either blasted by gray or hades. the makarov makes the ultimate sacrifice and dies for those he views as his children. but in the end ultear wins, and zeref is one step closer to releasing that monster, and fairy tial lose their beloved, and loving, guild master.
that or i am so wrong.

Bowser
June 11, 2011, 08:26 AM
Ultear is trying to manipulate (I think) Gray into using Iced Shell, because 1) Gray is the ideal candidate who can use Iced Shell and is pupil of Ur, so that's not dififcult, 2) kill him and get rid of Ur's legacy/pupil, and 3) potentially remove Hade from Ultear's plan.

So it all works out.

Uriel
June 11, 2011, 08:31 AM
I don't know Mashima very well, but there is any chance He kills any of his characters?

Darjaille
June 11, 2011, 08:48 AM
I don't know Mashima very well, but there is any chance He kills any of his characters?

Fairy Tail? No.

edit: Maybe Makarov. But Gray? Won't happen, I'm sure.

Ero-Sanji
June 11, 2011, 09:04 AM

Actually, yes, Mashima has in previous works killed of many characters, likeable as unlikeable. However, in FT as you've probably noticed he really doesn't want to kill any of the characters no matter what kind of damage they take. Unlike Rave I think he wants to attract a younger audience given the lack of true malevolence and sorrow that other battle mangas usually deal with but this could easily be discussed due to the nudity.

Anyway, I think in this manga only one person has died but for him to carry out the death of Grey this early on would be shock especially since he didn't allow anyone from the core group in Rave to die.

ghostexiled
June 11, 2011, 09:22 AM
Guys please stay on topic and only discuss the chapter and your thoughts on what may come.

Any discussions about Mashima can be done in either the Hangout Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/3870-Fairy-Tail-Hangout-Thread) or the
Similarities found in Mashima's work Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/69696-Similarities-found-in-Mashima-s-work).

Thanks!

ca12nag3
June 11, 2011, 09:31 AM
Actually rereading it i cant believe that Gray is seriously considering to use Iced shell. After all Ul didnt want her pupils to use it, and she only did it because there was no other way to do it back then. So why does he take Ultears words for it that Ul wants this? Uls will? I dont believe it. But his warped sense of guilt over what happend hasnt gone away. So in the end he might actualy do it.

shuha27
June 11, 2011, 09:40 AM
Oh lowd! Gray is such a idiot if he believes Ultear. Great chapter! I'm really happy all the fights are over with, I'm tired of this arc focusing on the fights a lot of the times. I want some more development on Zeref and the original source of magic. Ultear is freaking epic! I hope we don't get trolled and she IS actually a good guy. Next chapter will obviously be about Gray. I think RaveDragon's prediction of next week chapter may happen.

Razh
June 11, 2011, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I thought I saw this arc before but this chapter confirms it. Something new once in a while would be great addition.

Oh well, I suppose it's good nobody died. Too bad about Azuma.

Rarhyx
June 11, 2011, 11:56 AM
maaaaan this arc is lame, just lame.
it has cool moves and tactics, but ft is only winning in the end...

Krono
June 11, 2011, 12:02 PM
Gray defeating Hades will make this entire arc an absolute failure. This is by far the longest arc and has had ups and downs, and countless disappointments, but this will be the most disappointing part by far. Even if Gray sacrifices himself to defeat Hades, I personally will feel affronted and cheated. It will effectively be one enormous cop out by Mashima.

One of the main characters effectively killing themselves to defeat Hades, at the behest of the longest running villain of the series, while said longest running villain of the series escapes cleanly with the sealed form of the ultimate evil known to the Fairy Tail world, would be a cop out?

Although, that said, Mashima hasn't killed off any of the 7 kin nor Bluenote, so I would lean toward the latter part of the quote.

Keep in mind that Zoldeo melted/evaporated. While technically the same statement applies, that's somewhat more of a difficult state to return from.

Askia32
June 11, 2011, 12:16 PM
I loved the chapter. The action was pretty dope and we got a lil plot development too. I hope Gray isn't an idiot, but using Ultears own game against her. Hopefully in the near future, we will see more fights using strategy and teamwork.

exacta
June 11, 2011, 12:37 PM

I read Rave all the way through, and its not very likely. By the end of this manga, maybe one or two guys on the good side will have fallen, and seeing as one of the very, very few people he DID kill in Rave was incredibly popular, theres a chance it'll be someone who will actually have an impact.To be honest, sometimes I feel surprised when he actually kills a villain....

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Ehhh....I still have a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth left from the last chapter. But this chapter by itself is kind of bittersweet....Bluenote and Rustyrose went down like CHUMPS, and both in the same chapter. Now it did make FT look cool, but in the end, it just confirms what I feared this entire arc, that despite all the hype Mashima built up, for the most part the GH members were just fodder for FT, just like most of the other villains in this manga. *sigh*

It was pretty cool that Gildartz could actually shatter a black hole, but on the other hand, Bluenote may as well have not even HAD a fight against Gildartz, he got one-shotted, and it seems like Gildartz's bigass finishing move was just a punch.... I was expecting some giant epic bloodbath, kinda what I was expecting back when Makarov and Jose fought.Two monsters going all out. But in the end,just like back then, one character completely outclassed the other, and it was the one on FT's side. What a shock. Not to mention the whole black hole attack would be much cooler if it wasn't extremely cliche. I guess will never know what the drawbacks to Arc of Embodiment were....that magic was so badass, I feel like it was wasted now.

And I was hoping to understand what Bluenote was talking about when he kept on mentioning "flying". Too bad Gildartz Falcon Punched him before that could be explained. Worried about how Mashima is going to go about Hades defeat, if the confrontation does indeed take place this arc....

Vaste Lorde
June 11, 2011, 12:47 PM
Exactly as I predicted from last week. Actually, Masima only had this option to take when he had Azuma beat. sighh.....

Bluenote and Gildarts fight was a joke, no point on having it, Gildarts defeated him easier than when he fought Natsu!

That Blackhole magic was the biggest joke of this chapter. Theoretically, a black hole that size can swallow the whole earth, lol wtf how did Gildarts just crack it?? Its not an object where you can just shatter it! Its composed of dark matter and who knows wat, Dont want to get too scientific here but still.

Bluenote even stated that its infinite Gravity, man wtf!

Rushed chapter just like last weeks. I can't believe people are debating if Grey will use Ice shell. I'm sure its quite obvious in FT by now as to how their story is formulated. Grey will be convinced out of this by his dear friends, hes far too important in the story.

Natsu will obviously knock some sense in to him and make him believe alternate ways.

RaveDragon
June 11, 2011, 01:00 PM

Well Azuma is kind of no more although i wouldnt call him dead i would say he's one with nature now...Greenpeace would be proud ummm okay haha

In FT i doubt there will be a lot of deaths, Makarov might die but knowing mashima he'll make it so that he'll retire then we get on how someone will become the new master imo Laxus is still to young so instead he'll become master in training if he comes back under the current master.

In his previous work we got a lot of deaths but in a Q&A he said he wanted FT to be lighthearted and not as dark as Rave so the chance of deaths in FT is slim Id say 10% (since we got 2 deaths i the manga already ie simon and azuma which i would call a 'death')

Edit; Mashima wants to get to the end of this arci think he has drawn something awesome so i am expecting some reveleations concerning Lucy whose been too hinted at in this chaps maybe through Capricorn who might come back and have a wonderful conversation with Hades, Zeref and natsu and hopefully the dragons and Layla. This may be the start of the main plot focus.

ca12nag3
June 11, 2011, 03:20 PM
I wouldnt be to hasty in saying FT wont have many deaths, as i recall in his other works death are a rarity as well but it were always important people that kicked the bucket, while those with lesser ability stayed alive. Now said that its even possible he kills Gray in this arc.

ShoobyDooBop
June 11, 2011, 03:22 PM
Exactly as I predicted from last week. Actually, Masima only had this option to take when he had Azuma beat. sighh.....

Bluenote and Gildarts fight was a joke, no point on having it, Gildarts defeated him easier than when he fought Natsu!

That Blackhole magic was the biggest joke of this chapter. Theoretically, a black hole that size can swallow the whole earth, lol wtf how did Gildarts just crack it?? Its not an object where you can just shatter it! Its composed of dark matter and who knows wat, Dont want to get too scientific here but still.

Bluenote even stated that its infinite Gravity, man wtf!

Rushed chapter just like last weeks. I can't believe people are debating if Grey will use Ice shell. I'm sure its quite obvious in FT by now as to how their story is formulated. Grey will be convinced out of this by his dear friends, hes far too important in the story.

Natsu will obviously knock some sense in to him and make him believe alternate ways.

At first it's just ok for me. Gildarts defeating Bluenote like that but after reading this post and the others and putting thought in it... Yeah, now I think it's pathetic.

So Bluenote, aka the Gora Commander in the Cabria war, who annihilated the entire Blue Dragon Regiment by himself AND the Deputy Commander of Grimoire Heart, lasted for like 8-9 chapter turned out to be a joke.
Oh, and Gildartz punch obviously opened an Anima in the sky and sent Bluenote to edoras. xD.

You can feel that we are nearing the end of an arc, since its always there where they become crap.
It's like Mashima can't wait to **** things up. He tries to write a decent arc, and then finally in the middle of it he gives up and says "**** that shit!''.
I already feel sorry for the Tartaros and Raven Tail arcs.

Oh and I think it'd also be nice if Juvia is the who's gonna make Gray open his eyes if he did believe Ultear.

Askia32
June 11, 2011, 07:28 PM
I wouldnt be to hasty in saying FT wont have many deaths, as i recall in his other works death are a rarity as well but it were always important people that kicked the bucket, while those with lesser ability stayed alive. Now said that its even possible he kills Gray in this arc.

What scares me is that it seems very possible for Gray to die. In hindsight, Gray has been alone for half of the arc, and after this chapter, its more like he's isolated. I say this because it could potentially be a build up for Grays death. Also, its even possible that Julia's emotional fight could of been a foreshadow to Gray's death.

I doubt this makes sense. I have a very imaginative mind and its hard to write what I'm thinking sometimes without writing paragraphs.

1337 haxor
June 11, 2011, 08:00 PM
Los did picture most of it but there are things I'd like to add up.

Mashima clearly had a Rave Master inch, he needed to off someone seemingly for good and sadly the awesome Azuma had to pay it off.

Azuma was the main plan and Erza was Erza so it was all over once they met.

Still, chapter was like pressing the FF button, everything was cool and all but he could have focused more on each characters rather than going "MAINSHOWOVERMOVE!" on Bluenote and Rustyrose.

Now we again discover that Ultear doesn't give a damn about anything but Zeref going as far as putting her own guild master in second place.

However, it could also be that she is so good a liar that Grey is just walking for a death trap while saving her the effort of engaging him in a fight.

On a side note:

At least we finally discovered the nasty side effects of lost magic, this magic consumes you if used on the limit for too long.

swordsaintscoot
June 11, 2011, 08:21 PM
I felt like Gray's death has been foreshadowed ever since he tried Iced Shell the first time, but like you guys said, in each arc he's always getting shafted a bit more than other characters, and in this one he was especially isolated. Gray is expendable tbh, no matter how much you like him. His death would bring around a lot more development than his life, he's not particularly connected to any main story line except Ultear, but it's not like he knows any details about that or anything so....

ATM, there is NO WAY IN HELL anyone is defeating Hades. The only way it's even possible atm is Gray using Iced Shell. I said it earlier as well, that'd probably be what sends Natsu off the deep end too.

Lectro Volpi
June 11, 2011, 08:28 PM
Gildarts defeating Bluenote was A-ok for me, he could solo all the guild except for Hades.

Urtear trolls the hell out of me:

She lied: Gray will be getting his ass handed to him.
She is saying the truth. Gray defeats Hades. Ultear is a nice yet sad person.
She is saying the truth: Gray defeats Hades. Ultear manipulated him cuz she is evil and wanted to get rid of Hades.

Ultears is not famous for her loyalty but she has done good deeds without any kind of profit (like fixing the demon´s village). I will give her some faith.

Death? most likely Gildarts or Makarov. Gray is actually expendable but I doubt it: Ice Shell turns your body into... ice, and we saw a hand at the crime scene.

ca12nag3
June 11, 2011, 08:50 PM
I felt like Gray's death has been foreshadowed ever since he tried Iced Shell the first time, but like you guys said, in each arc he's always getting shafted a bit more than other characters, and in this one he was especially isolated. Gray is expendable tbh, no matter how much you like him. His death would bring around a lot more development than his life, he's not particularly connected to any main story line except Ultear, but it's not like he knows any details about that or anything so....

ATM, there is NO WAY IN HELL anyone is defeating Hades. The only way it's even possible atm is Gray using Iced Shell. I said it earlier as well, that'd probably be what sends Natsu off the deep end too.

your forgetting how important he is to a lot of people there. Juvia practicaly lives for him. So if he carelessly threw away his life merely cause Ultear says Ul said so :S thats kinda lame. Its not like he got nothing to live for either. As well as team Natsu, hes gotten pretty close to them in the last year or so that Lucy was with them.
Ul wanted him to be happy and live on not throw away his life just to stop some villain.

Another thing is if Ultear is on their side, or maybe a *good* side, then howcome she doesnt want to try and tackle Hades with a joint effort. But choses the easy way out , in this case making Gray use iced shell.

Perhaps he will use it and it will create great sorrow for everyone, im sure Ultear has a ulterior motive here. And that its more or less a subversive payback for the loss of her mother. Also whats bugging me is how she looks down on her mother when Gerard and Meldy mention her/ her name yet towards Gray shes all soft and cute-sad. I dont realy get why Gray is buying all this shit. :D

1337 haxor
June 11, 2011, 09:02 PM
your forgetting how important he is to a lot of people there. Juvia practicaly lives for him. So if he carelessly threw away his life merely cause Ultear says Ul said so :S thats kinda lame. Its not like he got nothing to live for either. As well as team Natsu, hes gotten pretty close to them in the last year or so that Lucy was with them.
Ul wanted him to be happy and live on not throw away his life just to stop some villain.

Another thing is if Ultear is on their side, or maybe a *good* side, then howcome she doesnt want to try and tackle Hades with a joint effort. But choses the easy way out , in this case making Gray use iced shell.

Perhaps he will use it and it will create great sorrow for everyone, im sure Ultear has a ulterior motive here. And that its more or less a subversive payback for the loss of her mother. Also whats bugging me is how she looks down on her mother when Gerard and Meldy mention her/ her name yet towards Gray shes all soft and cute-sad. I dont realy get why Gray is buying all this shit. :D

As much as we all like Gray he isn't exactly well known for his intelligence.

As much as Ice Shell is a bad ass magic we still got the spared nuke Cana failed to throw against Bluenote.

Gray dying would be absurdingly shocking and random, this is not rave master for good characters to die at a turn of pace.

Ultear has a loosen screw, she is erratic as it gets.

She can lie to you with all sincerity because her mind fails to compute evil actions that fall in line with the goal of releasing Zeref.

In my opinion she mind tricked Gray first to save herself and get away with Zeref and second to buy her time for a possible betrayal against Hades.

She has no issues betraying anyone and her vision of Zeref (Charming prince of doom) probably doesn't fall in line with Hades (Weapon of mass destruction).

Until Zeref throws an Aizen on her love she will not open up to reality.

Krono
June 11, 2011, 10:27 PM
On a side note:

At least we finally discovered the nasty side effects of lost magic, this magic consumes you if used on the limit for too long.

That would be the side effect of Azuma's specific magic. Over use it without resting, and you'll turn into a tree yourself. Caprico/Zoldeo's had different side effects/restrictions, remember?

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c224/7.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c224/8.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c224/9.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c224/16.html

Ifrit
June 11, 2011, 11:53 PM
Theoretically, a black hole that size can swallow the whole earth, lol wtf how did Gildarts just crack it??.

Whats the difference when Gildartz n Natsu fought Gildartz also turned Natsu roar attack into bits ....so basically his magic Crash any magic not just objects !

Shiro Tsuki
June 12, 2011, 12:23 AM
You got to feel bad for the coming arcs -
I mean we got one with the last black guild!
And obviously with an insane amount of initial hype - They will also fall like GH!

There is seriously no development right now - They just meet some guild - Fight and win!
With the whole Zeref story behind to shadow the whole arc...and plotholes - powerboosts to go along!
But heck this is FT - I am not expecting anything to change! The reason I started this manga was coz a friend told me no one dies! :D

Gray is acting 'idiot-y'!
I mean htf will his iced-shell best Hades! It won't! And he'll get killed -_- (Ultear the mother of all lies and deceits)
I won't trust her just because she restored some village which was destroyed!
She appears evil and I hope she IS evil!
I just hope - I SERIOUSLY HOPE Mashima won't try to give Natsu some kind of 'climatic' moment!
I mean in every arc - He is the one who have to douse the ending fire -
Can't you see the development - He'll save Gray - Start fighting Hades and for the sake of all his Nakama - He will win! -_-

Newkerzy
June 12, 2011, 12:47 AM

Actually, this chapter showed how Gildartz's magic works (and how HAX he is). Basically, as long as your magic takes a physical manifestation, Gildartz's magic can destroy it. (the black hole, Natsu's fire, etc....) The only reason why Gildartz didn't defeat him sooner (other than the tree thing) was because Bluenote was manipulating the gravity of the earth. So, it's non-physical. But when he created the black hole, his gravity magic took on a physical manifestation.

And yes, Ultear is the one of the greatest villain ever for being so manipulative. (I just hope she doesn't troll as much as Aizen.)

Ero-Sanji
June 12, 2011, 05:58 AM
Actually, this chapter showed how Gildartz's magic works (and how HAX he is). Basically, as long as your magic takes a physical manifestation, Gildartz's magic can destroy it. (the black hole, Natsu's fire, etc....) The only reason why Gildartz didn't defeat him sooner (other than the tree thing) was because Bluenote was manipulating the gravity of the earth. So, it's non-physical. But when he created the black hole, his gravity magic took on a physical manifestation.

This still doesn't prevent him from simply doing the itten move, does it?

I don't really want to be a "hater" since I loved Ultear and Azuma in this chapter but the situation were one character has the power to defeat the other one but doesn't do that until the end is getting on my nervs. Both had the chance and the power to finish each other off but didn't. This way, all the build up on Bluenote fades into nothing more than false rumor, which in my opinion happens to often. If you create a bad ***, let him go out in style, like Azuma.

RaveDragon
June 12, 2011, 06:24 AM
I seriously think the 'climatic' moments in this arc will be given to Lucy and Gray, Erza is out, and Natsu has done enough now he can just kneel and do the crying scene with some failed attempts at getting to Hades.

Ultear is either EVIL!!! manipulative villian which will help out reawakened Zeref (imo its this) or a really wrapped sad person whose past is very cruel but ultimately no - imo no sad past hell yes, good person ha lol no.

Damn the goodish villian dies man i liked Azuma and his powere but i guess the previous fight with Mira did get to him in the end :/

crazyrandomstreak
June 12, 2011, 06:38 AM
This arc was awesome by my standard.

In my opinion...
Urtear= Good or Bad?
Could be the biggest villain in the manga with her (possible) ability to manipulate Zeref.

Or she could potentially be a really really good person. How is that possible? Umm, potentially this might be an explanation of her past actions:

1) Ganging up with Lyon to melt Iced Shell was a farce, because she could have known that no one would have died? 2) Ganging up with Jellal and later sabotaging him could possibly be done kind-of-on-purpose because she knew( somehow another) that he would not succeed and no one (or only a few people) would get hurt) 3) Ganging up with GH could perhaps be somewhat linked to finding Zeref and how she asked Gray to defeat Hades with Iced Shell could be an effective way to prevent more people from getting hurt/ prevent Zeref from falling into his (what we know is evil) hands.

Of course, there is all possibility of Urtear is purely evil, she is the biggest villian. I'm not discounting that, I actually feel that is more possible, but the idea of Urtear being good is really umm i don't know, fun?

Next, Iced Shell= Does it really cause the user to die?

Ok, I know, tons of proof that it causes the user to die but, possibly it does not. Explanation as follows: Ur herself invented the magic. She wanted the world to think that she was dead.

( Possible reasons: She knew Urtear would cause harm to others/ She has something up her sleeve that could perhaps weaken Zeref?/ She wanted her pupils to think she was dead, so that they would go on their own ways) Gray attempting to kill Deliora= Perfect Opportunity. Ur did not die, simply went into hiding.

Possible future actions: Gray attempts to use Iced Shell on Hades, and succeeds. Hades is effectively down, but Gray remains alive. This could potentially trigger a massive where-did-Ur-go hunt.

I don't know why, but I keep on thinking that Ur and Zeref are somehow another related. Put simply, Zeref= Powerful, Ur= Quite powerful Urtear= Quite powerful. And Urtear's Arc of Time thingy is really hard to defeat (Natsu so far has been unsuccessful) So, unruly thought, you can ignore this, but Zeref and Ur had Urtear (this might potentially explain the tear in her name)

Of course, all opinions expressed are strictly personal, you can hate it if you wish.

Finally Gray= Live or Die?

I think it makes little sense to kill him of considering 1) he is close to the main characters, 2) his history is pretty well developed 3) his death would start a massive emo-ing session, which I do not look forward to, 4) he has juvia, why is juvia there if the writer intended to kill him off, 5) he might potentially, due to links with urtear, have the capacity to defeat/understand her better than Natsu or somebody.

Of course, there are things like his death has been kind of foreshadowed (Galuna Arc) and stuff like that, but I still think he'll live.

All views here expressed here are purely personal and somewhat wild. You may of course choose to ignore it and i would understand you perfectly.

Thanks for reading through my long error-filled post!

kakashidad
June 12, 2011, 07:18 AM
I don't really think that his magic is so muched ''haxed'' as you say.He did lose and barely escaped with his life.When on that 100yrs quest.So he has lost,and to a a dragon no less.How would you describe it's attacks?Still i just think.He is extremely strong to the fact that even Hades commented on Makorov having a student like that.

Ifrit
June 12, 2011, 07:39 AM
This arc was awesome by my standard.

In my opinion...
Urtear= Good or Bad?
Could be the biggest villain in the manga with her (possible) ability to manipulate Zeref.

Or she could potentially be a really really good person. How is that possible? Umm, potentially this might be an explanation of her past actions:

1) Ganging up with Lyon to melt Iced Shell was a farce, because she could have known that no one would have died? 2) Ganging up with Jellal and later sabotaging him could possibly be done kind-of-on-purpose because she knew( somehow another) that he would not succeed and no one (or only a few people) would get hurt) 3) Ganging up with GH could perhaps be somewhat linked to finding Zeref and how she asked Gray to defeat Hades with Iced Shell could be an effective way to prevent more people from getting hurt/ prevent Zeref from falling into his (what we know is evil) hands.

Of course, there is all possibility of Urtear is purely evil, she is the biggest villian. I'm not discounting that, I actually feel that is more possible, but the idea of Urtear being good is really umm i don't know, fun?

Next, Iced Shell= Does it really cause the user to die?

Ok, I know, tons of proof that it causes the user to die but, possibly it does not. Explanation as follows: Ur herself invented the magic. She wanted the world to think that she was dead.

( Possible reasons: She knew Urtear would cause harm to others/ She has something up her sleeve that could perhaps weaken Zeref?/ She wanted her pupils to think she was dead, so that they would go on their own ways) Gray attempting to kill Deliora= Perfect Opportunity. Ur did not die, simply went into hiding.

Possible future actions: Gray attempts to use Iced Shell on Hades, and succeeds. Hades is effectively down, but Gray remains alive. This could potentially trigger a massive where-did-Ur-go hunt.

I don't know why, but I keep on thinking that Ur and Zeref are somehow another related. Put simply, Zeref= Powerful, Ur= Quite powerful Urtear= Quite powerful. And Urtear's Arc of Time thingy is really hard to defeat (Natsu so far has been unsuccessful) So, unruly thought, you can ignore this, but Zeref and Ur had Urtear (this might potentially explain the tear in her name)

Of course, all opinions expressed are strictly personal, you can hate it if you wish.

Finally Gray= Live or Die?

I think it makes little sense to kill him of considering 1) he is close to the main characters, 2) his history is pretty well developed 3) his death would start a massive emo-ing session, which I do not look forward to, 4) he has juvia, why is juvia there if the writer intended to kill him off, 5) he might potentially, due to links with urtear, have the capacity to defeat/understand her better than Natsu or somebody.

Of course, there are things like his death has been kind of foreshadowed (Galuna Arc) and stuff like that, but I still think he'll live.

All views here expressed here are purely personal and somewhat wild. You may of course choose to ignore it and i would understand you perfectly.

Thanks for reading through my long error-filled post!

You Know if what ur saying actually happen Gray cast ICE SHELL ...later on find him self alive n nothing wrong with him which means UR is actually been alive but hiding ...since in her last days she got the idea no1 is getting close to her bec of Gray n Lyon ...I think it's never gonna happen to tell u the truth ...but I SAY IF THAT HAPPEN IT WILL BE EPIC !!
I sure like the way u thinking xDDD

1337 haxor
June 12, 2011, 10:27 AM
First of all the edition button got bugged.

Second of all about Ultear being good or evil there is always a third possibility:

http://images.uncyc.org/pt/1/18/Sagamau.jpg

You got what I meant...

ca12nag3
June 12, 2011, 10:39 AM
You Know if what ur saying actually happen Gray cast ICE SHELL ...later on find him self alive n nothing wrong with him which means UR is actually been alive but hiding ...since in her last days she got the idea no1 is getting close to her bec of Gray n Lyon ...I think it's never gonna happen to tell u the truth ...but I SAY IF THAT HAPPEN IT WILL BE EPIC !!
I sure like the way u thinking xDDD

I just don't see this happen. With the number of surprises we already have adding another would be out of place. Atm i see Ul as dead. There is little point in her being alive specially with the background flash we get from her. Seeing her being happy with them boys and eventually sacrificing herself.
If she were alive then why did she trick her students. Also Ultear doesn't seem to care for her mother and she doesn't seem to be on the evil side. Also Ultear makes the impression that Ul is dead. And tricking Gray into doing the same thing.

kkck
June 12, 2011, 12:04 PM
I don't think grey will agree to using ice shell on hades. Remember the garuna island arc? I would guess he learned his lesson about recklessly risking his live over like that. It's not in the spirit of fairy tail.

I did not think the chapter was that bad even if a little rushed obviously. It is a pity we did not see a bit more of gildarts though. I am surprised asuma was so willing to answer questions though.

Now the hard part of the battle starts. Hades is grossly overpowered and has fairy law with him so in that sense even gildarts should not be able to stand up to him. Everyone has their magic back but even then fairy law equates unilateral annihilation invariably. Perhaps fairy glitter will still have a part in this but even then things should not be so easy.

matzik1212
June 12, 2011, 02:15 PM
i think that in one of the following chapters we will see some flashbacks about hades ....i mean i really wanna know why did one of the previous masters of FT became evil, what is his story ^_^....also from this we could find more about the history of FT so i would really wanna see this

Nonlife
June 12, 2011, 03:58 PM
i think that in one of the following chapters we will see some flashbacks about hades ....i mean i really wanna know why did one of the previous masters of FT became evil, what is his story ^_^....also from this we could find more about the history of FT so i would really wanna see this

Well, I get the feeling we're gonna get one mountainload for an explanation in the next chapter or two, regarding:
1. Hades "switch" to evil
2. The little boy at the end of chapter 234
3. A "hint" about the Dragons (They're known of Zeref's return & it's possible they know how he "met his end" in the past.) & Layla Heartfilia's
disappearance.
4. The role of the 1st Fairy Tail mage.
5. Ur's untold "allegience" to Hades' cause.

Ifrit
June 13, 2011, 12:40 AM

I think HADES switching already been explained by HADES him self.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/14

not sure if it made it clear tho.

kkck
June 13, 2011, 10:56 AM
I think HADES switching already been explained by HADES him self.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/14

not sure if it made it clear tho.

Well, that is extremely ambiguous at best. I would not even consider that an explanation honestly. All he told us is that he saw something and suddenly making a ruthless dictator out of zeref, murdering every non magic user on earth and destroying fairy tail was necessary.

RaveDragon
June 13, 2011, 11:51 AM
Hades past was only hinted at a bit, i think that page is just a teaser Mashima usually explains more so im thinking Hades turn is up from next week after Gray deals with Ultear, Im sure Hades will meet team Natsu first and Gray might catch up (i doubt) or confront Ultear and lose (this imo whats will happen)

Well, I get the feeling we're gonna get one mountainload for an explanation in the next chapter or two, regarding:
1. Hades "switch" to evil
2. The little boy at the end of chapter 234
3. A "hint" about the Dragons (They're known of Zeref's return & it's possible they know how he "met his end" in the past.) & Layla Heartfilia's
disappearance.
4. The role of the 1st Fairy Tail mage.
5. Ur's untold "allegience" to Hades' cause.

yep i believe that too, but i think we are gonna get more than just too chapters the explanation parts being the first done by Hades as he beats uo someone from FT laughing at him and then we get a flashbacck maybe but i think Zeref will get one. Hades will probably mention Mavis (no 4)

The boy will probably make a nice entrance and we get an action filled explanation and he might give the hint to zeref and your no 3

as for Ultear and her mum we will get hints in the next chap probably and then she will get an arc for her with flashbacks.

As for Layla heartphilia that woman is one big mystery that might cause something due to her daughters extreme resemblance...again...in the flashback of when she was 16 with Capricorn she was drawn in a way that doesnt really shout teenage girl, she seemed sad and wise for her age, so im not totally sure she's dead either :/ so she is a key i think to this arcs ending and might be why Lucy has an imp part through her.

so id say we are gonna get some 5 to 8 more chapters for this arc since from next week we definitively starting the mystery revealings.

Ifrit
June 14, 2011, 03:56 AM
Well, that is extremely ambiguous at best. I would not even consider that an explanation honestly. All he told us is that he saw something and suddenly making a ruthless dictator out of zeref, murdering every non magic user on earth and destroying fairy tail was necessary.

how come..Makarov asked him in prev. page why did u turn evil...he said the magic it self started in darkness so the root of magic it self is EVIL. ( Simply He Want The Ultimate Power That Zeref Got ) = Source Of Magic.

personally I think thats the only reason will be given in this Arc...bec things obviously shifted to make Ultear the greater villain than HADES. I expect HADES been defeated in the next chapter ...one chapter only for hades fight I think. unless the next chapter is gonna include some flash back then maybe just like Azuma

RaveDragon
June 14, 2011, 05:58 AM
how come..Makarov asked him in prev. page why did u turn evil...he said the magic it self started in darkness so the root of magic it self is EVIL. ( Simply He Want The Ultimate Power That Zeref Got ) = Source Of Magic.

personally I think thats the only reason will be given in this Arc...bec things obviously shifted to make Ultear the greater villain than HADES. I expect HADES been defeated in the next chapter ...one chapter only for hades fight I think. unless the next chapter is gonna include some flash back then maybe just like Azuma

Well lets say Zeref is the source of magic, he would be the dark part and then someone else would be the light part like yin and yang and together these two individuals are the source of magic that balances the worlds magic. The dragons could be like guardians to the souce of magic making sure it is stable and maybe the DS are their pupils who will take over for them. Wanna guess who i think the light part is? Mysterious, happened to 'die' in the same year the dragons vanished, her name starts with an L and ends with an A.
Yes Layla Heartphilia...she might not be really dead then :/

Hades will not be defeated that easily i expect him to last at least through a lot of explanations and after beating up FT quite a bit, then Lucy might pull a Urano metoria only better. I really just want her to do something...maybe help Cana use FG correctly?

Ifrit
June 14, 2011, 06:25 AM
Well lets say Zeref is the source of magic, he would be the dark part and then someone else would be the light part like yin and yang and together these two individuals are the source of magic that balances the worlds magic. The dragons could be like guardians to the souce of magic making sure it is stable and maybe the DS are their pupils who will take over for them. Wanna guess who i think the light part is? Mysterious, happened to 'die' in the same year the dragons vanished, her name starts with an L and ends with an A.
Yes Layla Heartphilia...she might not be really dead then :/

Hades will not be defeated that easily i expect him to last at least through a lot of explanations and after beating up FT quite a bit, then Lucy might pull a Urano metoria only better. I really just want her to do something...maybe help Cana use FG correctly?

I don't know I never take Lucy's fights seriously really :P

most of her fights are kinda funny I only liked the one Vs Bixlow ....when she did Urano Metoria it was the first time I see Lucy serious face ..but only for a split second then back to her funny side she was like ( WTF JUST HAPPENED ) ? xD. So I don't see Lucy Beating HADES. but her helping Cana might happen. ( Unless She manage to call the Celestial Spirit King him self ) then she might actually do it .

This is one of my fav. Lucy face xD When she found Natsu in her bed

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/450e14ae4c.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Note : I don't think "Ghost " will like This Post...kinda off topic xDD

Zeltrax
June 14, 2011, 06:33 AM
Sometimes I feel like Erza is the heroine rather than Lucy :lmao

RaveDragon
June 14, 2011, 06:39 AM
I don't know I never take Lucy's fights seriously really :P

most of her fights are kinda funny I only liked the one Vs Bixlow ....when she did Urano Metoria it was the first time I see Lucy serious face ..but only for a split second then back to her funny side she was like ( WTF JUST HAPPENED ) ? xD. So I don't see Lucy Beating HADES. but her helping Cana might happen.

This is one of my fav. Lucy face xD When she found Natsu in her bed

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/450e14ae4c.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Note : I don't think "Ghost " will like This Post...kinda off topic xDD

Thats one of my favourite scenes, rofl it was really hilarious xD

Noot HADES a worn out Hades, i mean if she pulls a cool spell which Capricorn might help to.
I know Zeltrax what you mean but taking the route of thinking Lucy was in this guild for 6 month only till the sclass arc shes developing quite nicely not to rash or anything, plus its just a throey Ifrit, i dont think an Urano metioria can happen again unless Lucy has sealed powers and something angers her enough to pull a Goku or ellie if you prefer =P i do see the helping Cana happen more too ^^ i mean though it would be cool for Zeref to glance at Lucy and be like "shiiiiiiiit its layla aaaaaaaaaaa" or "Layla *glomps Lucy*!!" I can see that expression repeating itself. Still layla could be connected to GH too through Zoldeo maybe

Ifrit
June 14, 2011, 06:46 AM
Agree....I think Mashima leaving Lucy part for the end of this arc.....what most of us predicted for BN might happen against HADES ( Gildartz try to take down HADES by himself...he fail....about to die then Cana....u know ). Zeref to recognize Lucy face that is the perfect page for the end of a chapter or even the Arc it will be just ( KICK ASS ). I can see him looking @ Lucy and saying " Layla ? " END OF CHAPTER :)

RaveDragon
June 14, 2011, 06:51 AM
That would be soooooooooo EPIC ifrit :wtf lol and then Capricorn comes along to explain what is going on, or partly explain since he only knows whats up until layla was sixteen and i dont think Aquarius and Cancer know as much as Capricorn although i see the three of them defended Lucy in a badass way from Zeref. Although i think if it really happens Zeref isnt going to hurt Lucy until he wakes up, she might also be a key to his reawakening, wow we'd get another guilt scene from her like "i didnt know anything, not my mum, not myself,"

Zeltrax
June 14, 2011, 06:53 AM
I wanna see more Levy action though, I'm kindda sadden that she couldn't do much this arc.
She is my favourite ft female character afterall.
I mean I was really rooting for Levy+lisanna defeating rustyrose.

ghostexiled
June 14, 2011, 06:58 AM
guys remember to try and stay on topic and take any general discussion about characters or the series to the Hangout Thread.

Thanks!

Ifrit
June 14, 2011, 07:01 AM
I wanna see more Levy action though, I'm kindda sadden that she couldn't do much this arc.
She is my favourite ft female character afterall.
I mean I was really rooting for Levy+lisanna defeating rustyrose.

I agree....it's sad that her part only was to give Gazille the Iron he need. but both of them finished their part early in this Arc.

but Gaziile Fight was really good...I don't care if he didn't go 1 on 1 vs one of the 7 Kin ..his fight was still one of the best fights in this Arc it's still better than NAtsu fight Vs Zancrow ...I enjoyed Gazille fight...( Did expect more from Levy tho...since she wanna be S-Class )

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

guys remember to try and stay on topic and take any general discussion about characters or the series to the Hangout Thread.

Thanks!

hehehe I knew...sorry man I just couldn't help it. Her face is really funny :) * LAST TIME I PROMISE * ----->>>> hides

RaveDragon
June 14, 2011, 07:14 AM
Gazille is surely to come back and with Gazille back Levy is bound to help right? i mean Natsu's group could meet up with Levy's group and then enter Hades to protect the injured ones we could get a good fight =]

Graupel
June 17, 2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks to various time paradoxes, Gildartz is now a grand 1 hour older than everyone else.

Enough aside, I really wanted to see some Fairy Tail members be seriously wounded (lol, killing is so overrated)
The amount of friendship > darkness spewing out of this arc is absolutely sickening.
If someone doesn't die, I'll be angry. Angry like an angry Zeref. Yeah.

I did like the Bixlow-Elfman combo, though. And shattering magic is pretty cool too.
Let's not forget Gerard (or however you spell that fools name)'s relation to Grimoire Heart...
Hades apparently trusts him, so what will this bring for us?

Closing words:
Theory - Hades is only 65 years old thanks to black hole time dilation and has trained extre