PDA

View Full Version : Hangout Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

naruto-niichan
November 20, 2011, 11:26 AM
The chapter was really good.

I don't remember much about her but I'm thinking she is not who she appears to be? Maybe she could be one of those legendary irregulars or something.

she could very well be an irregular or some kind of that sort. She could fight on even grounds with Androssi Zahard and was only hurt because of Baams miraculous Shinsoo attack ( HERE (http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/26/5) ). Since then we didn't see her much but I'm pretty sure that she is not a normal regular.

Chapter was really interesting, what do you think about Tower of God getting it's own section Charles? :3c

Charlie
November 20, 2011, 11:38 AM
Nah i doubt that she is an irregular or a legendary one so far there are 3 legendary irregular Phantaminum, Enryu & Mazino. If remember correctly all of them were reffered to as HE.
Of course Phantaminum wasnt seen and he is said to have disappeared so idk.
May be she is brewing a plan to get revenge on baam; or may be she collaborated with the director and gave their plan away that way the fur ball entered the test unnoticed

I was thinking that she was secretly hiding her identity after the last chapter. Although there is not much to go on other than the "mysterious" feeling from Evans rections but like you mentioned, maybe not. I wonder is she is already a ranker or something and Evan noticed it.

she could very well be an irregular or some kind of that sort. She could fight on even grounds with Androssi Zahard and was only hurt because of Baams miraculous Shinsoo attack ( HERE (http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/26/5) ). Since then we didn't see her much but I'm pretty sure that she is not a normal regular.

Chapter was really interesting, what do you think about Tower of God getting it's own section Charles? :3c

It should be good either way. I think Tog should be the next in line for its own section.

shinsengumi
November 20, 2011, 11:38 AM
even if she was an irregular , she cant be one of the legendary irregulars . all the rankers are capable of pawning all the testers without much effort ,a legendary irregular losing her eye against baam would be the lamest thing ever
maybe she is another zahard princess ?

k-dom
November 20, 2011, 12:14 PM
If she was a princess, wouldn't Androsi have known about her ? Since she has failed the exams, either she is one of those who must be stopped climbing the tower or she was a fake like Ren was a fake teacher.

shaheer
November 20, 2011, 11:49 PM
It should be good either way. I think Tog should be the next in line for its own section.

i would love to see that one, i request that unc charlie

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

a legendary irregular losing her eye against baam would be the lamest thing ever

i hope she is not an irregular, otherwise there will be irregulars flying everywhere. Irregulars are SUPER SUPER rare lets hope the authors keep it to that. Other than that yes it would be odd if she makes an Aizen-Deus-Ex and establishes herself to be a legendary irregular in the future. Esp when she was pounced off by Baam and she didnt do any thing out of ordinary or excelled in the shinso courses either.
But that given and hoped i wonder y was she shown out to be a sinister persona in the last pgs
May be like Koon she belongs of a royal family which is highly deadly or sth.
Lets face it her battle performances were out of ordinary in the crown game.

naruto-niichan
November 21, 2011, 03:30 AM
even if she was an irregular , she cant be one of the legendary irregulars . all the rankers are capable of pawning all the testers without much effort ,a legendary irregular losing her eye against baam would be the lamest thing ever

i would love to see that one, i request that unc charlie

i hope she is not an irregular, otherwise there will be irregulars flying everywhere. Irregulars are SUPER SUPER rare lets hope the authors keep it to that. Other than that yes it would be odd if she makes an Aizen-Deus-Ex and establishes herself to be a legendary irregular in the future. Esp when she was pounced off by Baam and she didnt do any thing out of ordinary or excelled in the shinso courses either.
But that given and hoped i wonder y was she shown out to be a sinister persona in the last pgs
May be like Koon she belongs of a royal family which is highly deadly or sth.
Lets face it her battle performances were out of ordinary in the crown game.

She did own all the regulars in the crown game, she had no problems against Androssi and she is the reason why Baam left the throne. Not to talk about the fact that the Rankers were surprised about Baams attack and said that it was like the Shinsoo itself attacked her. I mean how could she expect that Baams pure wish to protect Lahel would slice her eye?

Just a quote from chapter 26:
Lero Ro (Ranker): Have you ever met a person not from a "powerful family", nor a person with a contract with the administrator, able to manipulate Shinso without restriction?
Administrator: No, I have not. That would go against the law of the tower.... Ah! I have heard of such a person. Urek Mazino, he was an irregular.

To me that shows that most of the people in the tower, Ranker or whatever, would get hurt because they don't expect to get sliced by Shinso out of nothing, especially when your enemy lies on the ground already is half unconscious. That's why I wouldn't mind to see her playing a greater role, I had the impression that she held back from the start.

On another note, TOG getting it's own section would be fabulous~

phio_chan
November 21, 2011, 04:32 AM
If she was a princess, wouldn't Androsi have known about her ? Since she has failed the exams, either she is one of those who must be stopped climbing the tower or she was a fake like Ren was a fake teacher.

I think so too. It seems so far that lady is just a strong fighter who happens to have certain business with people from the test or those who came to the test like Yuri. Of course on the other sides she also wants to climb the tower to get whatever she wants and get stronger. I wonder why Evan made such a face, after the wrath of Yuri. It could be related to Zahard, or maybe unrelated to them and more towards Evan personal past or something like that. :P

Anyway, a great chapter as usual. Too bad we don't get to see more of Yuri and friends. Time to get back on Baam, please! Baaaaaaam~

naruto-niichan
November 21, 2011, 06:10 AM
I think so too. It seems so far that lady is just a strong fighter who happens to have certain business with people from the test or those who came to the test like Yuri. Of course on the other sides she also wants to climb the tower to get whatever she wants and get stronger. I wonder why Evan made such a face, after the wrath of Yuri. It could be related to Zahard, or maybe unrelated to them and more towards Evan personal past or something like that. :P

Anyway, a great chapter as usual. Too bad we don't get to see more of Yuri and friends. Time to get back on Baam, please! Baaaaaaam~

I'm not so sure if the princesses all know of each other but another princess right now would be kind of an overkill. At least there has to be something special to her, whatever that may be will hopefully be revealed next chapter.

On another note I found it awesome how Yuri reacted to the Administrator (forgot her name..):

Administrator: That's the end of the line, Princess. (evil-looking)
Yuri: Oh~ so you must be the director of the test! Good. After I'm done with this, I'll come by to kill you as well, so wait there.

I really wonder how ridiculously strong she is, saying that she could easily rip apart the whole testing area O___o

murtas
November 21, 2011, 07:07 PM
Yeah, that was intimidating. :p

Charlie
November 21, 2011, 09:37 PM
Just a quote from chapter 26:
Lero Ro (Ranker):Have you ever met a person not from a "powerful family", nor a person with a contract with the administrator, able to manipulate Shinso without restriction?
Administrator: No, I have not. That would go against the law of the tower.... Ah! I have heard of such a person. Urek Mazino, he was an irregular.

Yes, that part of the dialogue was interesting. I've always had the feeling that there was more to baam than just being an irregular.

shinsengumi
November 22, 2011, 09:08 AM
I've always had the feeling that there was more to baam than just being an irregular.

me too . i always thought his imprisonment under the tower is connected to the plot somehow . like for ex ; king zahard locked down a godly being which could dominate the tower , or maybe he is a crown prince and he was sabotaged etc .. im definetely sure he wasnt just randomly placed there and his existence is very important to the tower

naruto-niichan
November 22, 2011, 01:57 PM
the new chapter is out HERE (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/53007/tower-of-god_ch73_by_the-company).

There wasn't a lot of progress but I liked the Flashback of Baam and Lahel, they deeply care for each other but I have the slight feeling that they won't reach the tower together. I would guess that Lahel dying could trigger Baam going berserk but that's a thing for the future as I think he will be able to protect her from the bull. I can't wait to see if Baam will unleash some of his power or rather show his true potential. Looks like he stopped the Bulls attack for now but I can't see him winning with his current power level.

me too . i always thought his imprisonment under the tower is connected to the plot somehow . like for ex ; king zahard locked down a godly being which could dominate the tower , or maybe he is a crown prince and he was sabotaged etc .. im definetely sure he wasnt just randomly placed there and his existence is very important to the tower

Nice theory there but I do hope that Baam isn't some kind of "Messiah" who was sealed or something like that. I want him to be a rather normal child who achieves great power through his own doing, the reasons for him being sealed away under the tower could be quite multifarious. And not to forget Lahel, who was sealed there too.

Host Samurai
November 22, 2011, 02:41 PM
Here is your weekly ToG translation.

Credit: Cadence

Tower of God Chapter 73
B: Uhm-
L: Hurry up, baam.
There's not much time.
B: Then- I'll move this magician here...
L: Eh?!
What the- You could make a move like that...
Ah~ I thought I could finish early today...
Baam, When I play with you, the game always drags on...that's weird...
B: hehe
L: This won't do. Let's finish here and continue tomorrow, Baam.
B: Huh?! Why? The game isn't over yet, Lahel!
L: I told you, Baam.
I have an important thing to do today, so I need to go early.
B: Can't you go after the game's over?
L: No.
B:...... Th...Then.. c...can I go up with you?
I want to... play more games...
L: Baam... I told you,
Up there is where only the chosen live.
I'm sorry, Baam. I want to take you too. But...
I can't do that...
I'll play with you more next time.
Play by yourself until then, Baam.
se: tp
B: There's... nothing I can do alone, lahel...
===========Baam's past over, back to reality=======
(n): A little more...
after a little more... I can finish this game.
L:........
B: Lahel.
L: huh?
B: Are your legs okay...?
L: It's okay. I can't walk but... it doesn't hurt anymore.
B: Lahel-
After this test, let's keep going up the tower together.
I'll be your legs.
L:...
Baam.
B: huh?
L: Do you know why I'm going up the tower?
B: Isn't it... to see the stars?
L: Then do you know why I want to see the stars...?
B(N): The reason Lahel wants to see the stars...?
B: ....That's...
Sorry... I don't know...
I don't know... Why you want to see the stars...
B(n): Because to me, you were always my star.
L: Baam.
The stories I told you in the cave, do you remember them?
B: Of course I do.
The Land of light, filled with happiness.
The fruits on the trees that the god gave.
The festivals that open every day.
The happy world without darkness that chosen children dance and play on.
I dreamed of, someday playing there with lahel...
But... I wasn't a chosen child..
But that's okay.
I'm with lahel here like this. Even though the tower is scarier than I thought...
I like it, if I can be with lahel.
L: Baam, You really haven't changed at all.
B: No. I've changed.
I've cut my hair, and changed clothes every day...
And learned how to control shinsoo
and yuri nuna, Mr Koon, Mr Rak, Miss Androssi, Mr Hatsu..
nuna-like big sister for boys.
I've met a lot of people..
And... sent away ... a lot of people, too.
L: But you still can't do anything by yourself, and you're still a crybaby and unmanly.
B: Th...That's not fair, Lahel!
I've got stronger, a...and I think I've got some muscles, too!
L: kukuk, that isn't anything when you're still a scaredy-cat.
B: N...No I'm not, Lahel!
L: Yeah~ Right~
Sorry, Baam.
B: ....Lahel?
L: Sorry. Because of me, you're...
Really...Sorry...
Baam: .......Lahel..
se: shhhooooong
B: !?
se: chaanng-
crash
L: Kyaaa!!
B: Keuk!
B: A...Are you okay?! Lahel?
L: Yeah...! I...I'm okay! Baam.
B(n): That's...!
The bull!?
Why is the bull here...!!
L: Baam!!!
B: It's okay Lahel!! I'll stop it!!
B(n): Can I do this- With this power?
No... I have to do this!
If just to... make sure that lahel's safe!!
Gather all the shinsoo here-
and stop it!!

Thank you, SIU. Now we can finally put the discussion about Lahel being an irregular to rest. Another important thing that I forgot to mention is according to Cadence season 1 is reaching it's end, which means in another words that we're about to get a Timeskip really soon.

k-dom
November 22, 2011, 02:44 PM
Actually Host the chapter is already out as niichan said :-)

And according to it, I don't think that Lahel was sealed. She wouldn't say she was part of the chosen otherwise.

naruto-niichan
November 22, 2011, 04:19 PM
Thank you, SIU. Now we can finally put the discussion about Lahel being an irregular to rest. Another important thing that I forgot to mention is according to Cadence season 1 is reaching it's end, which means in another words that we're about to get a Timeskip really soon.

New Season? Sounds sweet, now I'm even more excited for the next chapters!

And according to it, I don't think that Lahel was sealed. She wouldn't say she was part of the chosen otherwise.

oh yeah you're right, looks like she can go to the world above but then I really wonder why Baam couldn't and why she's the only one who visit him :headscratch

murtas
November 22, 2011, 05:46 PM
Baam vs Bull, ready, go!

phio_chan
November 23, 2011, 08:26 AM
My goodness. This chapter rocks so much and yet I can't download it. -_-;

How lovely. I truly admire how Baam is very loyal to Lahel; I suppose it is simply because she had been the one who was always with him since the beginning and taught him everything. I'm glad to see Lahel opening up a bit too; she has always been cold towards Baam lately. :P Baam rocks so much, with his words and actions. The bull really stopped, right? Do you think it's because of him controlling the shinsoo or is there another reason? :3

Lahel doesn't sound like an irregular. Or at least from the way she thought, "only the chosen one can climb the tower" etc. somehow denoted that she was the chosen one herself. But there is always the other possibility that she is actually an irregular. She seems to be the only one who knows about Baam as well, I don't know why. And as usual, the ultimate question: why was Baam inside the tower, not knowing anything, like a baby born inside the tower.

New season? Time skip? No, no, please don't. I don't want the time to jump ahead too much; we'll miss the fun of growing together with the characters. XD

Charlie
November 23, 2011, 02:35 PM
We can see Baam doing something and the bull reacts to his attack but I cant tell what happened. I can't really tell if the bull was just dead stopped or defeated from the last panel. The attack was by Shinsoo as Baam mentioned but it appears to have gotten a lot stronger as hinted in the last chapter when Baam noticed something unusual while traveling in the water / bubble.

k-dom
November 23, 2011, 05:13 PM
I read someone said it could be the floor manager (the giant fish with the contract) who said stop. Do you think that could be ? I'm quite sceptical but I must said that I have no better idea

Host Samurai
November 23, 2011, 06:05 PM

Lol, that means nii-chan was one step ahead of me. :p

New Season? Sounds sweet, now I'm even more excited for the next chapters!

oh yeah you're right, looks like she can go to the world above but then I really wonder why Baam couldn't and why she's the only one who visit him :headscratch

Well, I have the impression that Lahel 'used' Baam in order to escape reality. We still don't know a thing about her, not even the reason, as to why she wants to climb the tower. I got the impression that she was about to confess something to Baam before the Bull appeared.

My goodness. This chapter rocks so much and yet I can't download it. -_-;

Lahel doesn't sound like an irregular. Or at least from the way she thought, "only the chosen one can climb the tower" etc. somehow denoted that she was the chosen one herself. But there is always the other possibility that she is actually an irregular. She seems to be the only one who knows about Baam as well, I don't know why. And as usual, the ultimate question: why was Baam inside the tower, not knowing anything, like a baby born inside the tower.

New season? Time skip? No, no, please don't. I don't want the time to jump ahead too much; we'll miss the fun of growing together with the characters. XD

I agree with you. Lahel sounds way too knowledgeable to be your average Regular. I wouldn't be surprised if she was a candidate of becoming a Zahard princess. She isn't a best Seed for nothing after all.

We can see Baam doing something and the bull reacts to his attack but I cant tell what happened. I can't really tell if the bull was just dead stopped or defeated from the last panel. The attack was by Shinsoo as Baam mentioned but it appears to have gotten a lot stronger as hinted in the last chapter when Baam noticed something unusual while traveling in the water / bubble.

I think that Baam used Quant's freezing technique again against the Bull but this time the magnitude of it was so great that he also froze all the fishes in the near vicinity in the sea. Which surprised him a lot.

naruto-niichan
November 24, 2011, 07:27 AM
How lovely. I truly admire how Baam is very loyal to Lahel; I suppose it is simply because she had been the one who was always with him since the beginning and taught him everything. I'm glad to see Lahel opening up a bit too; she has always been cold towards Baam lately. :P Baam rocks so much, with his words and actions. The bull really stopped, right? Do you think it's because of him controlling the shinsoo or is there another reason? :3

True, I got the impression that she is either hiding something or doesn't want to involve Baam with her problems/dreams. Now it seems like she is accepting the fact that Baam wants to travel the tower together with her. I do hope that her legs get healed because it will be really to travel the tower without being able to walk.

And I don't think that we will get a big time skip, maybe some weeks at most. Still if they are going on with this speed it could take forever to reach the tower. I mean they are on the second stage right? Or was it the third? Either way there still is a long long way to go and there already are 72 chapters. My guess would be that he won't reach the top before chapter 250 or so if the speed doesm't pick up pace.

I read someone said it could be the floor manager (the giant fish with the contract) who said stop. Do you think that could be ? I'm quite sceptical but I must said that I have no better idea

I wouldn't like that, it's Baams time to shine so I don't want him to get help but rather defeat the bull with his own power.

Well, I have the impression that Lahel 'used' Baam in order to escape reality. We still don't know a thing about her, not even the reason, as to why she wants to climb the tower. I got the impression that she was about to confess something to Baam before the Bull appeared.

I agree with you. Lahel sounds way too knowledgeable to be your average Regular. I wouldn't be surprised if she was a candidate of becoming a Zahard princess. She isn't a best Seed for nothing after all.

Used him to escape reality? What do you mean with that? I got the impression that she wanted to take care of him because she likes/feels sorry for him. I do agree that there definitely is something special about her but being a candidate for Zahard princess seems like a bit too much. She isn't really strong (at least what we have seen) and it's her first time traveling the tower. IIRC it was said that only those who have reached the tower can become a princess.

Host Samurai
November 24, 2011, 08:29 AM
Used him to escape reality? What do you mean with that? I got the impression that she wanted to take care of him because she likes/feels sorry for him. I do agree that there definitely is something special about her but being a candidate for Zahard princess seems like a bit too much. She isn't really strong (at least what we have seen) and it's her first time traveling the tower. IIRC it was said that only those who have reached the tower can become a princess.

When Lahel said that she had something important to do, I initially thought that she might be from a powerful/influential family. IIRC there was a chapter when someone pulled on Lahel's hair I assume that she is from a influential family, that were selecting promising candidates of becoming a Zahard princess. She spent time with Baam in order to escape the huge pressure. during the selection. I don't have a real basis these are only my assumption.

shaheer
November 25, 2011, 01:15 AM
When Lahel said that she had something important to do, I initially thought that she might be from a powerful/influential family. IIRC there was a chapter when someone pulled on Lahel's hair I assume that she is from a influential family, that were selecting promising candidates of becoming a Zahard princess. She spent time with Baam in order to escape the huge pressure. during the selection. I don't have a real basis these are only my assumption.

you know what that sounds quite plausible.
btw i was wining the other day about Bull being not taht much to worry about and all now i know Y bull is so fearsome.
in the water where you dont have a stand its really difficult to even try to fight that kind of leviathan winning against it is like hell difficult and super lucky
if Baam can do it on his own then we can surmise he has surpassed anak in combat which means the strongest of the grp

Host Samurai
November 25, 2011, 02:56 AM
you know what that sounds quite plausible.
btw i was wining the other day about Bull being not taht much to worry about and all now i know Y bull is so fearsome.
in the water where you dont have a stand its really difficult to even try to fight that kind of leviathan winning against it is like hell difficult and super lucky
if Baam can do it on his own then we can surmise he has surpassed anak in combat which means the strongest of the grp

I think that's a perfect match up for Baam due to him being a Wave Controller. He can attack the Bull without physically touching him with his long ranged attacks or freezing it, that's his main forte, right now. Anak and Androssi on the other hand are still stronger then him physically that's the main difference between them. He hasn't surparssed anyone yet, Laure is still the strongest Wave Controller of the group and that won't change anytime soon.

shaheer
November 25, 2011, 03:26 AM
I think that's a perfect match up for Baam due to him being a Wave Controller. He can attack the Bull without physically touching him with his long ranged attacks or freezing it, that's his main forte, right now. Anak and Androssi on the other hand are still stronger then him physically that's the main difference between them. He hasn't surparssed anyone yet, Laure is still the strongest Wave Controller of the group and that won't change anytime soon.

OH i forgot abt Laure, that guy is is a beast. Even then if he can defeat the bull in water i think we can say he has become one of the strongest fighter in the grp. True that being a wave controller in this situation is a hax but given that the opponent is so fearsome defeating it is yet quite a feat that only srsly powerful guys in the grp can do

Host Samurai
November 25, 2011, 03:53 AM
OH i forgot abt Laure, that guy is is a beast. Even then if he can defeat the bull in water i think we can say he has become one of the strongest fighter in the grp. True that being a wave controller in this situation is a hax but given that the opponent is so fearsome defeating it is yet quite a feat that only srsly powerful guys in the grp can do

I agree to some degree. :D I think once Baam has defeated the Bull the gap between him and Laure won't be that great. Since Baam only learned the basics of Shinsoo and Laure seems to be compared to him a veteran. In addition Laure can fly!!! He is the only character that managed to to do it in that regard Baam can still learn from him.

k-dom
November 25, 2011, 03:20 PM
I think laure will be kind of a teacher to baam in the future.
What i'm worrying about is the bubble. I wonder if it can sustain shinsoo attacks

shaheer
November 25, 2011, 11:20 PM
lol what i am worried about is what will happen to the test as the Bull has made its appearance in the water, how would Koon change his plan this time.
Koon will definitely be riled up since he saw one of his brothers who is much stronger and capable than him(in controlling lighthouse so much so that he took control over koons one)

phio_chan
November 25, 2011, 11:27 PM
Is it only me or does the Bull gets bigger inside water? :blink
I think Koon, Baam, and everyone else didn't really think that the Bull would go as far as dive and attack Baam and Lahel directly under the water... But we can't underestimate Koon now, can we? :P

@k-dom: It depends on how strong Baam's shinsso is, I suppose. Do you think there is a special trick played at the bubble to make things harder for them? :3

Host Samurai
November 26, 2011, 06:17 AM
I think Koon, Baam, and everyone else didn't really think that the Bull would go as far as dive and attack Baam and Lahel directly under the water... But we can't underestimate Koon now, can we? :P

Remember that Koon lost communication with Leesoo when he chased after the princesses, he doesn't know what exactly happened there. So he couldn't anticipate this, I doubt that he could come up with something because he doesn't know Baam's exact position. This opportunity is for Baam to shine on it's own.

naruto-niichan
November 26, 2011, 06:34 AM

@k-dom: It depends on how strong Baam's shinsso is, I suppose. Do you think there is a special trick played at the bubble to make things harder for them? :3

Always thought that the bull could extend himself, dunno why though. So far the bull was shown to be a lot stronger in water (IIRC Androssi had huge problems fighting him the water) so I wonder if Baam will get some kind of power-up when the situations turns out the grave (like what happened when his cry sliced up the eye of the red-haired woman in the throne game).

I agree with Haho there, I doubt that Koon has a plan ready. It's Baam's time to shine and to show to Lahel that he has become a strong fighter who will protect her no matter what.

Not sure about the bubble, I got the impression that Baam used Shinsoo outside of it so I guess that it wouldn't be that hard to break her. It will be quite hard to beat the Bull without destroying the bubble.

shaheer
November 26, 2011, 12:09 PM
Well what can Baam do he only knows the paralysis move which i suspect gets weaker as the distance between him and target increases[hunch]. Other than that we have seen him taking some physical combat lesson which ofcourse in this scenario is pretty useless.
So i am guessing he took some private classes from laure. Sth that we werent shown. Baam is a monster when it comes to learning new things. I suppose he asked laure to show some wave attack maneuvers for once or twice at best (seeing how lazy he is) and left Baam to emulate those on his own.
That way he might have some decent nasty shinso attacks in his arsenal

naruto-niichan
November 28, 2011, 03:44 PM
Chapter is out on NAVER (http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=183559&no=75&weekday=mon)

looks like a very interesting chapter o___o

Baam's final Shinsoo attack looked damn strong, did he really destroyed the Bull in one strike? Seems like he really has an unbelievable potential
And what's with Lahel, why is she throwing him out of the buble? Maybe she does want Baam to stop climbing the but I really feel sad for Baam. He protected her with his life on the line and then she betrays him. Well I suppose the translation will clear a lot of things up, looking forward to it

Host Samurai
November 28, 2011, 04:21 PM
I might have the answer to your question. :D Here is the weekly translation. ^^

Credit: Cadence

Chapter 74

L: Hey. You okay?

You looked pretty bad...

A: Yeah, so-so.

If you can count feeling like your guts gonna spill out as 'so-so'.

L: You are okay, right?

A: How bout up there?

Shouldn't we go and help?

L: Most of the hunters are still there..

And we probably won't have much we can do.

A: Okay then. How's the lizard doing?

L: Just lying there staring into nowhere.

I guess he really didn't like getting the Green April taken.

A:Yeah...

L: More than that, will Baam be okay?

A: Dunno-

honestly, he doesn't have much chance.

L: What?! That's not what you said before!

A: Then is then.

I'm sure that Baam will be able to stop the bull.

The problem is, he can't attack the bull after he stopped it.
==============================================
B(n): I...It stopped!

Now, another 'bang'..
and attack!

se: ping-

B: ?!

L: Kyahh

B: keuk

B(n): I guess- using two bangs at the same time is too hard...

B: What do I do?

If I can't stop it and attack at the same time-

then-!!

As soon as I stop holding it down, quickly-

Attack!!

crash-

B: Kuaaaaaaaaa-

L: Baam!

Baam! Are you okay?

B(n): T...Too late...

My hand...

B: I...I'm okay, Lahel.

B(n): I can't put strength in it...

...What do I do?

I can't give up here.

Mr. Koon, Mr Rak...

There all fighting so hard up there...

I can't... ruin everything like this...

I can't... live along just waiting for someone to help me.

just like when I was waiting for lahel in that cave...!!

se: kkkeeeen

grit

B(n): There's only one chance..

Gather all my remaining strength-

And shoot shinsoo... into his mouth!

se: flop

L: Baam!!

B: huff huff huff

B(n): I did it.

With... My hands...

I held onto the light.

L: Baam!!

Are you okay, Baam!!

Baam!!

B: Lahel, let's go together.

L: Baam?

B: Wherever.. you want to go...

I'll take you there..

L: ...........Baam.

push-

B: ...!!

Lahel?!

Sorry. Baam.

You need to die here.

B: !!

B(n): Lahel?

Why... Why?

why....?!

===Will come back after two weeks with season 1 epilogue.==

Chapter 74...Lahel stood up like a miracle.
Actuall, There's people who found out that lahel isn't a normal character with her name. great, people.

*In sherlock holmes, there is a reference to the word Rache(Rah-he) that means revenge in german.*

So, I gave a lot of thought to resting next week

But I decided to rest

My reason isn't that i'm not very well, or working is hard..

I'd just like a lot of people to read this chapter before i get out the next one.

Okay, so to complain a bit, I'd like [part of the readers to read my manhwa more carefully.

You might say that i'm a bit arrogant....^^

btw the next chapter is almost finished.

actually i've tried not to miss an update before season 1 was over

so i don't feel great about this.

I think the epilogue will be about 4chapters.

It'll be mostly about the behind story of this test and Lahel.

So, please wait for the next chapter,

and I'll see you the week after next.

감사합니다.^^

Thank you.

Shadow
November 30, 2011, 12:31 PM
The end of the chapter has me in a spin. What just happened??? Lahel pushed Baam out of the bubble and she could use her legs all along!!! The next move is lost on me, though i think the beast of that testing floor may save him or a worm may swallow him and he can get out that way. But i am still in shock at the twist!

Host Samurai
November 30, 2011, 02:32 PM
Here is the Scanlation for the chapter. (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/56261/tower-of-god_ch74_by_the-company)

I didn't see that coming to be honest, I wonder if Baam will emerge with a reason of his own to climb the tower? But still Lahel pushing him and most importantly standing!!! I need to re-read it again in order to see if SIU hinted it somewhere...

k-dom
November 30, 2011, 04:10 PM
What surprised me the most is that she seemed very worried about baam just a few second before. I guess she is a pretty good actress.

Host Samurai
November 30, 2011, 05:58 PM
What surprised me the most is that she seemed very worried about baam just a few second before. I guess she is a pretty good actress.

Definetly, the latter. She is one hell of an actress. After re-reading some chapters I came across, these pages. At first, I didn't pay attention to it but on second reading it was clear as day for me. I can't believe myself that I overlooked something that obvious.
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4928/bildschirmfoto20111130ut.th.png

She is literally standing and watching Ho's funeral from the window in chapter 58. That's an impossible feat for someone who must be on a wheelchair, since she isn't tall as Rak to begin with.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1466/bildschirmfoto20111130u.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/bildschirmfoto20111130u.png/)

Now, take a good look on her face. That's not a face someone would make, if a friend is trying his hardest for your own sake to achieve your dream.

murtas
November 30, 2011, 09:31 PM
This twist has me a bit divided, at first i thiought wow huge, but at second i think, forced.
And with the last I stay, it is, for me, the first forced development i find in this story. Very cliché, lets see how the author will deal with the development, but at now, i'm more dissapointed than excited.

shaheer
December 01, 2011, 08:48 AM
Lahel is the most twisted personality i ve seen in the anime so far. Never liked that girl now i got another reason to dislike her agian.
it seems that she is like Adrossi, remember her story about killing her mates to eat every ones food
just that Adrossi started to socialize and change

naruto-niichan
December 01, 2011, 10:03 AM
I was really stunned when I read the chapter, didn't see that coming at all. Haho is right, there were signs to notice that there is something "wrong", good catch.
Now I really wonder what are her reasons and if this is some kind of conspirancy, as I'm pretty sure that the director must have known that she's able to walk. I can't believe that she actually fooled the whole tower staff.

Poor Baam, I can barely imagine the shock of getting betrayed by the person you trust the most, yet he can't die here so I wonder if he will be able to get out of this himself or if there will be someone helping him.

And as surprising as this event was, let's not forget that Baam defeated the Bull with one strike. Pretty awesome if you ask me, I'm sure he will be a beast when he's able to control Shinsoo completely.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

This twist has me a bit divided, at first i thiought wow huge, but at second i think, forced.
And with the last I stay, it is, for me, the first forced development i find in this story. Very cliché, lets see how the author will deal with the development, but at now, i'm more dissapointed than excited.

why do you think it's forced? I mean sure it's not the first time in manga/manwha that a supposedly true friends betrays one of the protagonists but I thought it was a pretty good twist which wasn't pulled out from nowhere, as you can see in the pictures Host posted.
I will judge this twist depending on Lahel's reasons and how it will be executed, it's too early to do it now.

shaheer
December 01, 2011, 11:41 AM
Poor Baam, I can barely imagine the shock of getting betrayed by the person you trust the most, yet he can't die here so I wonder if he will be able to get out of this himself or if there will be someone helping him.

And as surprising as this event was, let's not forget that Baam defeated the Bull with one strike. Pretty awesome if you ask me, I'm sure he will be a beast when he's able to control Shinsoo completely.

Agreed. Baam s excellence is getting suppressed due to this blatant act of ungratefulness by Lahel
He blasted the Bull with one frigging shinso blast. I am sure even Laurie would ve been amazed if he saw that.
I think Baam will wash away for a while(will show that he is drowning but not show how he is saved any time soon ) with others fight taking the air time Baams survival game will be shown in the later part
Damn this is so frustrating, what ever reason she has whether to protect Baam or stop him from climbing for his own good by showing she doesnt care or she is purely Evil this is not what Baam deserves.
He risked his own self by proclaiming that he is an irregular changed the whole course of the test for her .
I cant even imagine what kind of shock Baam felt or what kind of pain he experienced
But i am sure he will be like still Lahel is my first friend
this character of shonen hero pisses me off big time

Host Samurai
December 01, 2011, 02:03 PM
The way I see it, is that Baam will find his own reason to climb the Tower after he has recovered from the shock. Some time will pass that's a given and as perceptive as Koon is, he will definetly investigate Lahel's claim, since I'm pretty sure that she will announce that Baam died. This will also mean that the group will probably dissolve because Baam was the reason why they banded together in the first place. I hope that SIU is going to develop the relationship of Rak, Koon and Baam first.

So that the three of them start to conquer the Tower at a much faster rate then no one else before them ever did. :p

k-dom
December 01, 2011, 03:07 PM
I don't think the group will disband (at least not completely). If you remember another scene with Lahel was her dream of Baam not being alone anymore. I think this is also related to what happened this chapter. I suppose she feel a bit of jealousy.

Host Samurai
December 01, 2011, 04:38 PM
I don't think the group will disband (at least not completely). If you remember another scene with Lahel was her dream of Baam not being alone anymore. I think this is also related to what happened this chapter. I suppose she feel a bit of jealousy.

You have a point there. But to me she seems to be a lone wolf type, I mean if she really is indeed jealous of Baam making friends. Then why didn't she socialize after the crown game with the others like Baam did???

shaheer
December 01, 2011, 10:47 PM
You have a point there. But to me she seems to be a lone wolf type, I mean if she really is indeed jealous of Baam making friends. Then why didn't she socialize after the crown game with the others like Baam did???

weel may be she is the shy jealous type :lmao
any way i think your prediction might come to pass, the group at large will be disbanded thats my predic too and if that happens i think Baams inner circle Koon and Rak will search out for him on their own.
After the grp disbands they might start climbing Koon and Rak will give the slip and try and find Baam
i think they will find him and again continue their climb. Koon may suspect sth about Lahel, i dont think we have seen any one in the manga yet who is sharper than Koon so they wont give up searching.
Thanks to the search they will be waylaid hence stripped from the grp and when they start climbing i think they might meet with the new set of climbers, so we will see new climbers
What i am interested s to see what happens when Baam confronts Lahel again
May be Lahel s competing to become a zahad princess or sth
the princess are supposed to have no affair or affection for any man or sth (the way i see it)
lahel is the most ambitious one so far so when there is a choice of Baam vs status, she took her choice

any way playing Devils advocate here :)
may be she saw sth dangerous behind Baam and didnt want Baam to be hurt so she pushed him off the platform which is attracting the attention of that imaginary thing/being
what do you guys think?

tenebrae
December 02, 2011, 06:12 PM
It has been stated princesses are only every couple of hundred years so she cant be competing for that since androssi is one. I read on another forum there will be a break then an "epilogue" for part 1 of the series?

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Actually that brings an interesting idea that may be a plothole. How old is koon,maria (koon's "sister" he made into a princess), and androssi. I assumed neither androssi nor koon were hundreds of years old already but the whole maria thing means koon or androssi were alive at least through two princess choosings and http://www.batoto.net/read/_/42/tower-of-god_ch32_by_the-company this chapter states one is chosen every couple hundred years....

BakaHaze
December 03, 2011, 07:53 AM
Naniiiiiiiiii @_@

Somebody explain what just happened with Baam + Lahel

Why would she push him off >__> and aren't they gonna fail this test like that?

phio_chan
December 03, 2011, 08:32 AM
Okay, this isn't like what I expected after everything that happened. ^^;
Interesting turn of Lahel's characteristic. We had even talked about her lately, and she surprised us yet again. This far I still believe that Lahel is actually one kind girl especially about Baam, so perhaps there is a reason behind her harsh action. *hopeful thinking*

Anyway... This can leave damage to Baam's mental. *sighs*

ErosVp
December 03, 2011, 09:12 AM
LAHEL THAT BITCH!!!! I got really angry with that blondie now, i never really liked her, in fact I bet she was the one who imprisoned Baam in that cave of his! Baam said in a flashback he was there because someone left him there before he could remenber, i wonder if the revenge the author was talking about means Baam is from an important family and Lahel wanted revenge or something....

shaheer
December 03, 2011, 09:36 AM
LAHEL THAT BITCH!!!! I got really angry with that blondie now, i never really liked her,

who did :p
but you know i get a feeling that the author aint that good in creating a good female character
so far only Yuri is the likeable character, Anak and androssi are both annoying

Sema
December 03, 2011, 10:48 AM
who did :p
but you know i get a feeling that the author aint that good in creating a good female character
so far only Yuri is the likeable character, Anak and androssi are both annoying

I like Androssi and Yuri. I am not fond of Anak. It seems to me that Lahel fell out of favour with the authorities in the Tower and she is out for revenge.

ErosVp
December 03, 2011, 12:01 PM
Anak was meant to be annoying, Lahel was kind of a damsel in distress and she was putting the protagonist in danger so it was annoying, Androssi is like a spoiled cheerleader from highschool movies so people might like or dislike her, and Yuri is the only genuine female badass...

phio_chan
December 03, 2011, 12:12 PM
Agree with ErosVp above. Eventually they will change, like how Androssi is now a bit different from herself back then thanks to Baam. I actually like Androssi quite much; she is beautiful and what she says make sense although they may be harsh. Yuri, so far, well, we can see that she is quite an awesome character, wise and elegant, but not much besides that... so hard to say anything. XD

Lahel surprises a lot, eh? The calm and silent Lahel now turned into bad character all of a sudden. Looking at Baam makes me feel so sad. After all, she is his one and only reason.

tenebrae
December 03, 2011, 03:23 PM
I like Anak,androssi,yuri, and hwa ryun in different ways. I don't find anak annoying at all, she has an interestin backstory and her character is based on revenge and hatred against the zahards/jahads that killed her mother and now she is seeing it wassn't the princesses fault but perhaps the fault of "RED" and Zahard himself but no one else. Androssi is on the other side, she loyally was following Zahard but is now starting to see that some of the laws aren't worth killing over and she is starting to "move to the light" so to say. Yuri is a cool character but I dislike her the most because, as of right now, she seems like a shell of a character. She is just the typical BA character that everyone falls in love with. Hwa Ryun (one eyed red haired lady that I may be misspelling name of) is awesome because she is sooo mysterious, I do not know if it was part of koon's plan but if she had been put in a position to do anything in hide and seek game baam would have failed there. The fact that she was going to the directors offfice shows that she is more than just a regular "regular", excuse the poor wording. She may be a ranker in disguise but either way the guide guy, cant remember his name, recognized her so she is obviously important.

Lahel's motives are completely obscure to me, I just can't find any one theory that seems to trump all the others. I have always hated her as a character however, she leaves baam behind without giving him a real reason why and smirks as she does so? She does not tell baam why he cannot leave the cave, nor why he is in there in the first place, when it is completely obvious she knows? Hell she couldn't tell someone about baam and get him freed? Maybe he was a menace but then why would she go down there if everyone above would be too scared to free him? Makes no sense to me, very little that she does makes sense. She also may be working with the director as the director said that she could not walk but in the latest chapter we see her standing with weight equally on both feet, and she didn't even move from that spot after pushing baam which implies her legs had no trouble holding her because if she was injured she would have fallen backwards from the force. Either way a one chapter break and then 4 chapters of epilogue to part one should be nice. I wonder what part two will be like? How will baam have changed, for we know he will live. Will he be stuck on the second floor or will he find a way to get past despite failing, for I assume this constitutes him failing the test.

shaheer
December 04, 2011, 06:05 AM
Anak was meant to be annoying, Lahel was kind of a damsel in distress and she was putting the protagonist in danger so it was annoying, Androssi is like a spoiled cheerleader from highschool movies so people might like or dislike her, and Yuri is the only genuine female badass...

true, what i am saying is the females could have been made better. I merely scrolled past the chaps when the 2 princess were fighting a useless fight
the bickering that they do are pretty pathetic, on the other had we have Koon Rak Baam who are not unlikeable at all. Again others like Lesso or Laurie who gets small air time has interesting characters

naruto-niichan
December 04, 2011, 09:29 AM
any way playing Devils advocate here :)
may be she saw sth dangerous behind Baam and didnt want Baam to be hurt so she pushed him off the platform which is attracting the attention of that imaginary thing/being
what do you guys think?

nice theory there, that would really surprise me. I do not prefer the theory though because I can not see why she would do this after Baam was most likely to be killed by the Bull. If she really wanted to save him she could have sent him out of the bubble before + she says that Baam has to die here which shows that she doesn't intend to save him.

I read on another forum there will be a break then an "epilogue" for part 1 of the series?

Actually that brings an interesting idea that may be a plothole. How old is koon,maria (koon's "sister" he made into a princess), and androssi. I assumed neither androssi nor koon were hundreds of years old already but the whole maria thing means koon or androssi were alive at least through two princess choosings and http://www.batoto.net/read/_/42/tower-of-god_ch32_by_the-company this chapter states one is chosen every couple hundred years....

Host Samurai posted about the end of part 1 as well so I guess that's correct, not sure about how it will be executed though.

Regarding the princesses, I don't think that it really is a plothole. Koon just says what he knows but it's not like a princess can only be chosen every few hundred years. I saw it as some kind of average value because I don't believe that Koon really knows about all the princesses of the tower.

Naniiiiiiiiii @_@

Somebody explain what just happened with Baam + Lahel

Why would she push him off >__> and aren't they gonna fail this test like that?

We would like to know that as well Baka XD my only guess would be that she is into that "irregulars have to be stopped as soon as possible" thingie or that the Director promised her some kind of "present" if she kills Baam.

IIRC they don't have to both stay alive, what's important is that the bubble reaches the bottom of the lake.

phio_chan
December 04, 2011, 09:36 AM
We would like to know that as well Baka XD my only guess would be that she is into that "irregulars have to be stopped as soon as possible" thingie or that the Director promised her some kind of "present" if she kills Baam.

IIRC they don't have to both stay alive, what's important is that the bubble reaches the bottom of the lake.

I suppose so too. Or maybe she was threatened to 'kill' Baam herself or else others would take care of this matter. I don't know, still kind of can't believe that Lahel is that bad and mean to Baam, who always look up to her. XD

I think so, but whoever falls out the bubble would lose, right? So Baam wouldn't be able to advance to next level?

naruto-niichan
December 04, 2011, 09:44 AM
true, what i am saying is the females could have been made better. I merely scrolled past the chaps when the 2 princess were fighting a useless fight
the bickering that they do are pretty pathetic, on the other had we have Koon Rak Baam who are not unlikeable at all. Again others like Lesso or Laurie who gets small air time has interesting characters

hmm not sure about that, Anak is going on my nerves as well but it's too early to judge them yet as there could very well be a good character development. Androssi improved quite a lot in my opinion, but of course she seems like "wannabe" princess compared to Yuri. What's clear to me is that there's a huge difference in power level between the different princesses and that Yuri is most likely not loyal to King Zahard. IIRC Urek Mazino is working against the rules of the tower and Yuri seems to work with him, there's a good possibilty that they want to dispossess the King. That's still very far away from the current plotline though.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

I suppose so too. Or maybe she was threatened to 'kill' Baam herself or else others would take care of this matter. I don't know, still kind of can't believe that Lahel is that bad and mean to Baam, who always look up to her. XD

I think so, but whoever falls out the bubble would lose, right? So Baam wouldn't be able to advance to next level?

hmm that doesn't seem likely, I mean as a good friend she would want to save him right? At least I wouldn't kill my friend but try to protect him as much as possible. Another thing is that Lahel can obviously stay and walk, the whole point of the test was to get Lahel to the next level because she couldn't. Maybe the director even gave her back the strength for her legs in exchange for Baams life.
I'm sure that wasn't an easy choice for her but well, it wouldn't be the first time that a friend betrays the other for selfish reasons.

Not sure about that, I think he can still advance if he would be able to get in the bubble again but I honestly have no idea what will happen now. He could be saved from one of his friends or maybe he will have an outburst of emotions through the shock and so can save himself. I don't see him failing yet but I won't deny that there is a possibilty of that happening, maybe the author plans to make Baam advance through other means.

Kharth
December 04, 2011, 08:38 PM
Hi there :D

I've been reading the whole thing one more time, and something bother me...

http://www.mangareader.net/1757-57948-1/tower-of-god/chapter-14.html

They said here that only three people passed the test of Quant = Androssi, Lahel and the huge guy. And among them, there is one Zahard Princess (Androssi), and one irregular, who is not Baam !

Could it be that Lahel is also an irregular ? And the floor manager knew it since the very beginning, so maybe she tried to get ride of both of them... By convincing Lahel that if she kill Bamm, she would let her pass this floor... Even if she was expecting both to die by the hand of the bull. After all, every irregulars are mere targets for the tower. And that would explain the mascarade, everything went according to the plan.

I'm really looking forward to this manhwa :D It is really interresting, and i'm wondering how Baam will survive and what will he do. (and I think like you that Yuri is the only female badass)

tenebrae
December 04, 2011, 10:02 PM
I thought it hinted heavily that the big guy was an irregular but I am not really sure whether it is lahel or him

Charlie
December 04, 2011, 10:07 PM
About Lahel, I wondered that too but then someone pointed out that she was a "chosen" person to enter the tower. So she has to be a regular. Although that does not answer any of the mystery's surrounding her.

tenebrae
December 04, 2011, 10:38 PM
My biggest question is about baam mainly. who is he? In order to be sealed like that he must be a danger to somebody, and that person must be powerful. Like King Zahard powerful. ANd second, if he was sealed in there, as it seems likely from the symbols on the walls and the fact he couldn't get out but he could reason meaning he was not always there, how did lahel get in and why?

shaheer
December 04, 2011, 10:42 PM
Hi there :D

They said here that only three people passed the test of Quant = Androssi, Lahel and the huge guy. And among them, there is one Zahard Princess (Androssi), and one irregular, who is not Baam !

according to TOG wiki, the huge guy is the probable irregular(though they say Maybe lahel is the one but the weight is given to Akryung). Dont know whether its certain or not but do know that he (the bloke) showed equal potency like Baam . Remember the spear throwing competition test?
nd as for lahel like Unc Charlie said she was chosen to enter, so its highly possible that she is not one

tenebrae
December 05, 2011, 12:37 AM
Well we don't know if she was chosen, when she entered we didn't see headon like we did when the ajussi, or was it ho? entered the tower. That and it is speculated she was on 1f like baam where only irregulars go first

shaheer
December 08, 2011, 08:41 AM
NO new releases yet?
TOG sure is late this week.

hmm not sure about that, Anak is going on my nerves as well but it's too early to judge them yet as there could very well be a good character development. Androssi improved quite a lot in my opinion, but of course she seems like "wannabe" princess compared to Yuri. What's clear to me is that there's a huge difference in power level between the different princesses and that Yuri is most likely not loyal to King Zahard. IIRC Urek Mazino is working against the rules of the tower and Yuri seems to work with him, there's a good possibilty that they want to dispossess the King. That's still very far away from the current plotline though.

i didnt imply that her power level is the factor here. she is plainly annoying. The last few chapter have shown some character development i dont deny but it hardly makes her up to the decent characters that we have seen in the series so far.
esp the stupid bickering that takes up few pannel really pisses me off. Its so pointless yet both anak and androssi hold on to that as if its their divine liturgy or sth

rosco12
December 08, 2011, 09:45 AM
NO new releases yet?

TOG is released every sunday around 5pm GMT. But last sunday SUI took a one week break. that s why there is no chapter. and while I'm dying to know what comes next, I can't blame him, I've been following TOG since the beginning 74 chapter ago and I don't remember him taking a break before.

naruto-niichan
December 08, 2011, 10:37 AM
NO new releases yet?

i didnt imply that her power level is the factor here. she is plainly annoying. The last few chapter have shown some character development i dont deny but it hardly makes her up to the decent characters that we have seen in the series so far.
esp the stupid bickering that takes up few pannel really pisses me off. Its so pointless yet both anak and androssi hold on to that as if its their divine liturgy or sth

No the power part wasn't meant as an answer to you, just an additional add. I agree with you though, their bickering is getting annoying but I guess that won't change anytime soon (even though they should be on good terms because Androssi didn't kill her). I only meant to say that we have to wait a bit more to see how she develops, aside from her fighting with Anaka I thought she is a good character, nothing special yet though.

And Rosco already answered your question, next chapter will be out on sunday.

k-dom
December 11, 2011, 11:16 AM
Raw is out
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=183559&weekday=mon

so these 2 girls are connected. This is really interesting. Also I'm wondering who is the Rachel in the title, it is similar to Lahel so perhaps it's her real name.

naruto-niichan
December 11, 2011, 11:29 AM
so these 2 girls are connected. This is really interesting. Also I'm wondering who is the Rachel in the title, it is similar to Lahel so perhaps it's her real name.

Looks like an interesting chapter, I do wonder how those two are connected. I do wonder if they knew each other beforehand or if they talked to each other after the Crown Game (because the girl did try to attack Lahel there, but maybe that was part of the plan to). It seems like Lahel fooled everyone for now, I really wonder what happened to Baam :/

And I think that's actually another way of spelling her name, kdom.

k-dom
December 11, 2011, 02:28 PM
It was chapter 75 where the main character switch happened.
...Huh?
I must go up in a mountain in order to work, only coming down to society to deliver the script to the director. Haha;
I already gave up on the stars* and the views. I can just receive less money...... Just don't get me fired.. Please please
Honestly, because ToG has gotten more popularity then I anticipated, It is true that I pondered about changing the direction of this piece..
But, I want to draw ToG as I first planned.
If I do not, I'll blame myself for the rest of my life.

This epilogue is the chapter where the switch from Pt.1 to Pt.2 occurs.
It's also the chapter where Lahel and Baam's destiny gets seperated.
Now Lahel's reason for pushing Baam will appear soon.

So, please stay tuned for the next chapter. ^^

source:batoto forum (http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/2925-spoiler-tower-of-god-chapter-75-raw/page__view__findpost__p__38413)

ErosVp
December 11, 2011, 07:45 PM
Good point: Baam and Lahel will go separate ways. I never liked that bitch!

Bad point: Baam will go separate from Koon and Rak as well? I always thought they would climb the tower together....

And damn! I'm too anxious to know what will happen to Baam, more than I want to know Lahel's reason.

Host Samurai
December 13, 2011, 05:53 AM
Damn, Lahel or Rachel is seriously pissing me off!! Now, she is playing the 'victim' here in front of everybody, after what she has all done to Baam. I hope that Koon will be given a hint and he will start to investigate Baam's 'death' more because the 'Ranker' announced his death. He shouldn't trust his words so easily, after all he isn't they're ally anymore. SIU better not make her the main character now, that Baam is out of the picture for a while.

BakaHaze
December 13, 2011, 06:28 AM
lol I read somewhere that SIU took a break so that readers would read his comic properly...or something. Or is that already mentioned?

So that would be the reason for the missing chap this week, says on the The Company scan page lol.

shaheer
December 13, 2011, 06:39 AM
Read properly? we are doing Phd on TOG with all the prediction and theories and all.

ErosVp
December 13, 2011, 12:01 PM
I was thinking about reading ToG again anyway... But Kyoshi no Shingeki is first for now...

No translation yet?

shaheer
December 13, 2011, 10:25 PM
Think its high time we get a subforum, TOG has a decent fan base by now in MH and we have a lot of speculation and theories character discussion. in a single thread as this every thing becomes hotchpotch and sometimes goes away from the topic.
Guess sub forum for a series having less than 100 chap is odd but think we have a decent bunch of fans here
What do you guys think?

ErosVp
December 13, 2011, 11:19 PM
I would like to speculate about the top 3 irregular, Zahard and the 7 families...

shaheer
December 14, 2011, 06:40 AM
Same here i like to speculate on the top 3 irregular esp on phantaminunm and mazino. The wiki has a lot of Juicy info abt them i wonder where they got those, possibly from the authors blog.
and if those infos are true then i think after reading them i got an idea how fearsome Baam will be when he gets older and Y zahad is trying to kick him out by any means necessary

Host Samurai
December 14, 2011, 08:25 AM
Hahaha you guys are awesome. :D I had the same idea, it's about time that we get a sub forum now, that we are reaching the end of part 1. There are most likely from the authors blog, he provides there important information about ToG.

shaheer
December 14, 2011, 10:29 PM
Unc charlie We Begs for a sub forum.
is it possible ?
if you dont think we have enough fan base then some of us might start advertizing it in thier sigg like you advertized ID even

ErosVp
December 14, 2011, 11:29 PM
Is there somewhere here we can asks signs?

phio_chan
December 14, 2011, 11:38 PM
Unc charlie We Begs for a sub forum.
is it possible ?
if you dont think we have enough fan base then some of us might start advertizing it in thier sigg like you advertized ID even

If we are talking about possibility, sure, it is always possible. It's just that we need to talk some things out with the administrators as well, so bear with us, okay? ^^

And the raw for chapter 75 is out at Naver.

Lahel is one freak girl. I mean, it is even more clearer that almost everything she is up to lately are mostly lies, eh? I wonder what will happen to her now.

And where is Baam? :(

shaheer
December 14, 2011, 11:41 PM
I visited the Company's forum for TOG nd they were saying that after 4-5 chaps season 1 will end nd presumably the author will take a break, i guess the test s end will mark the end of the season.
what are your sentiments will a time skip be better or should the author start from where he left off in season 1?

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

If we are talking about possibility, sure, it is always possible. It's just that we need to talk some things out with the administrators as well, so bear with us, okay? ^^

And the raw for chapter 75 is out at Naver.

[/SPOILER]

you are such a dear :)
thanks a bunch phio chan

ErosVp
December 14, 2011, 11:46 PM
If Yuri took 100 years to climb the tower and the record is 50 years, some years timeskip might not hurt... The talk about ToG own section should be postponed until the season 2, let's advertize this manhwa here.

shaheer
December 15, 2011, 12:16 AM
If Yuri took 100 years to climb the tower and the record is 50 years, some years timeskip might not hurt... The talk about ToG own section should be postponed until the season 2, let's advertize this manhwa here.

couldnt agree more, i had my avas changed think a message in the sigg will do a job? like READ TOG if you want to have a excellent manga in your manga list or sth?

ErosVp
December 15, 2011, 12:40 AM
Yeah! I'll try to get a cool sign by the weekend...

Why is the translation is taking so long?

shaheer
December 15, 2011, 01:46 AM
think the translators are taking a break, hope things get rolling again fast i m really excited to know what happens after Baam was pushed over. unfortunately i dun like checking raws so i dun have a single clue as to what is actually happening

BakaHaze
December 15, 2011, 05:29 AM
think the translators are taking a break, hope things get rolling again fast i m really excited to know what happens after Baam was pushed over. unfortunately i dun like checking raws so i dun have a single clue as to what is actually happening

I would never check out raws; what's the point? I actually read what's in those bubbles >__>

:lmao

naruto-niichan
December 15, 2011, 10:33 AM
couldnt agree more, i had my avas changed think a message in the sigg will do a job? like READ TOG if you want to have a excellent manga in your manga list or sth?

I really appreciate your love for TOG shaheer :) we will see what can be done about a subforum but you can be sure that the fans opinion will definitely be taken into consideration.
Your ava is pretty nice, I wouldn't mind a nice sig advertising the series. TOG really deserves more fans.

Looks like "The Company" will be late this time, hope the scans will be out soon because I can't wait to see what's going on. Hopefully we will see Baam again, before the time skip starts :/

shaheer
December 15, 2011, 12:11 PM
I really appreciate your love for TOG shaheer :) we will see what can be done about a subforum but you can be sure that the fans opinion will definitely be taken into consideration.
Your ava is pretty nice, I wouldn't mind a nice sig advertising the series. TOG really deserves more fans.

thanks a lot you are a yashashi hito too :). I cant make good siggs so i ll limit myself with the message in the sigg like now. Nd the break is killing me but hey the fact that we are getting the scannalated work in the first place is a privilege that we dont pay for so i guess cant complain :tem.
nd ya i really like TOG its at present my fav shonen work along with noblesse nd beelzebub. Am slightly disappointed with breaker for various reasons that i stipulated in the breaker hangout thread.
btw i know this is not the place to so sorry b4 hand but any of you guys free to read any good shonen should try Witch hunter, its good

Host Samurai
December 15, 2011, 02:57 PM
Well, if you guys want to discuss so badly about ToG, I've discovered something really interesting. :D It's the character stats about the regulars and some (high) Rankers. This way we can discuss and compare, if they're in accordance with their respective performances during the Tests on the second floor.

Credit: Kroll @batoto

Regulars
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/7060/shipleesoo.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1789/rakwraithraiser.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9731/hatsu.jpg
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3773/phonsekallaure.jpg
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/4246/anakzahard.jpg
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5616/androssizahard.jpg
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9616/koonageroagnis.jpg
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7279/sunwoonare.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/736/levin.jpg
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/1684/blarouse.jpg
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8381/alekseiamigochaz.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6143/hongchunhwa.jpg
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7629/parakkiul.jpg

Rankers

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7409/lenr.jpg
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6408/quant.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9563/leroro.jpg
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/3475/yuhansung.jpg

The classes from left to right:
SSS>SS>S>A>B>C>D>E>F

10E>1F>2F>3F>...>10F

Special thanks goes to Kroll, who took his time to edit the character stats. He saved us all a lot of trouble. :D

k-dom
December 15, 2011, 03:50 PM
So beside the princess and Koon, the other potentiality does not evolve much. It's still interesting to see that Leesoo beat Koon on intelligence level.
And Parakewl stats are hilarious

naruto-niichan
December 15, 2011, 04:07 PM
wow that looks great Haho, thanks! I actually noticed that there is quite a lot of information, f.ex. about the high rankers, the 13th weapon series etc. which wasn't revealed in the manwha yet. Is it from SUI's blog or where does all the information comes from?

_______

Stats are quite interesting, we do get a lot of inormation out of them. Androssi has the best physical level and the best potential out of the group but I guess that's a given as a Zahard princess. Her level is still way below of the Rankers though.
so no Baam stats? Would have loved to know about his potential and stuff :s Anyone else missing from the climbers of the tower (besides Lahel)?

Host Samurai
December 15, 2011, 04:15 PM
wow that looks great Haho, thanks! I actually noticed that there is quite a lot of information, f.ex. about the high rankers, the 13th weapon series etc. which wasn't revealed in the manwha yet. Is it from SUI's blog or where does all the information comes from?

Well, there is a lot information about the 7 high rankers, the ten families, irregulars, and some addiitional information about Shinsoo and so on. But this thread is too small to contain all of the information. :( Yeah, all of the information are from SIU's blog. He often posts some there.

naruto-niichan
December 15, 2011, 04:46 PM
Well, there is a lot information about the 7 high rankers, the ten families, irregulars, and some addiitional information about Shinsoo and so on. But this thread is too small to contain all of the information. :( Yeah, all of the information are from SIU's blog. He often posts some there.

yup that are the ones I saw too but this thread definitely is too small to contain all the released infos. I think it's an interesting concept to post information about things/persons we only might get way later in the manwha otherwise.

Even though the whole manwha takes part in a tower I get the feeling that it's such a vast and huge world. There's definitely some very epic stuff to come in the future.

ErosVp
December 15, 2011, 07:40 PM
So Ren is only that strong huh? Leroro was a surprise, being as strong as Ren. Good to know Androssi is still far ahead of Lizard.....

BUT! I wanted to see Baam and Yuri!!!! Yuri must be a monster SS and Baam should have the potential for SSS!
Although those potential are something that should increase as well, cause some of them are too low. So maybe Baam's potential was "just" S.... XD

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Does anyone know how to remove the "ch number" from the images:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5dJYGE5fUMc/TRKvniNQ1GI/AAAAAAAAAA8/IOkWXCQQM3s/s1600/tCToG_ch19_feat.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/towerofgod/images/0/06/Tog_INTENSE.jpg
http://www.thcmpny.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/feat.jpg

If someone knows, then use it as sign! ;D

shaheer
December 15, 2011, 10:59 PM
Hell Even Anak is higher than Koon. I thought Koon being from royal family would give him an edge over the princess atleast Anak.
any way i dun get Y Koons intel stat is lower than Lesso . Koon outshined every one from both from team A and B in the test when it comes to planning and executing that plan
Lesso is sharp but i dun think he s sharper than koon

@ErosVp the ch name is given in the images :)
try thsi it gives the ranking of the famous rankers
you can see yuri is no where even near Mazino
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6412/highrankers.png

ErosVp
December 15, 2011, 11:24 PM
Yeah. I know that list. That Arie is from one of the 7 families as well and I'm looking foward to see him! He fought with Urek Mazino and gave Urek the floor which belonged to the Guardian Enryu killed.... He must be a monster as well!

Edit: Some designers who know how to use photoshop can get rid of the ch! It is an art I don't know anything..... But maybe I'll look for someone in the artist gallery...

shaheer
December 15, 2011, 11:35 PM
hmm Arie fought with Mazino equally but at the end he did condeed that Mazino is better than him. Nd Enru is frigging beast do you know what he did ?
he killed a guardian of a level, like the one Baam met that huge whale like entity

Host Samurai
December 16, 2011, 06:18 AM
Hell Even Anak is higher than Koon. I thought Koon being from royal family would give him an edge over the princess atleast Anak.
any way i dun get Y Koons intel stat is lower than Lesso . Koon outshined every one from both from team A and B in the test when it comes to planning and executing that plan
Lesso is sharp but i dun think he s sharper than koon

On a intelectual level Leesoo has already proven in the manwha that he is able to see through Koon's plans. And the best example where he showed that he is sharper then Koon was in the floor of test, where he flawlessy found all of the clues (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/23/tower-of-god_ch13_by_the-company)to open the door. Whereas Koon, was struggling (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/22/tower-of-god_ch12_by_the-company). Do you remember it? :D

Btw who's the one responsilbe for your sigs? I might have a request, I need a new sig to promote ToG as well. :p

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/3240/bildschirmfoto20111216u.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/815/bildschirmfoto20111216u.png/)

ErosVp
December 16, 2011, 06:30 AM
I asked this guy ~Coffee~ (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/member.php/114077-Coffee) to remove the ch from those images I posted.... He is designer I found in the thread that helps people with their sign. I only asked to remove the ch number and he said it was ok and that he would give them ready later. I plan to use the one with Headon and put the others here....

If you want to ask him a brand new sign it is good to pm him, give the picture, tell the dimensions you want, and if you want a cool typo....

shaheer
December 16, 2011, 06:37 AM
On a intelectual level Leesoo has already proven in the manwha that he is able to see through Koon's plans. And the best example where he showed that he is sharper then Koon was in the floor of test, where he flawlessy found all of the clues (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/23/tower-of-god_ch13_by_the-company)to open the door. Whereas Koon, was struggling (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/22/tower-of-god_ch12_by_the-company). Do you remember it? :D

Darn forgot abt that one, i guess in that sense Koon was outwitted but Kood did a hefty job to hoodwink all of the team A by double crossing them. he lead all of them to victory line and snatched it off from anak even the ranker was within his plan he really ontrolled them like puppets.
But then again Lesso might have some means to match Koons intel i suppose Koon is the more Planner type while Lesso is the more deductive type
nd i designed my sigg:D
dats y its simple

Host Samurai
December 16, 2011, 10:09 AM
Darn forgot abt that one, i guess in that sense Koon was outwitted but Kood did a hefty job to hoodwink all of the team A by double crossing them. he lead all of them to victory line and snatched it off from anak even the ranker was within his plan he really ontrolled them like puppets.
But then again Lesso might have some means to match Koons intel i suppose Koon is the more Planner type while Lesso is the more deductive type
nd i designed my sigg:D
dats y its simple

I couldn't agree more then this these two are a very scary combination. I'm looking forward to future plots, where these two will play a crucial role.

ErosVp
December 16, 2011, 11:22 AM
About signatures... This is the ~Coffee~'s Gallery (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/64996-Coffee-s-Gallery), if anyone wants to check out! In the Artist Request & Provide thread there was also this thread Le-Graphix-Shoppe (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/72624-Le-Graphix-Shoppe), where this Nanoi guy is willing to help with signs. The rest of the artists in the Artist Request & Provide thread are not active in mangahelpers anymore! XP
I checked and some don't appear here since 2010...

There is also the Artist-Galleries (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/592-Artist-Galleries), where some guys with skills display their work... I don't think it would be too difficult to find some good soul willing to help if you pm anyone of them, Shinsatsu, Farfalla and Googlez_kun seems all good people. If anyone wants to try asking them a sign...

naruto-niichan
December 16, 2011, 12:42 PM
I couldn't agree more then this these two are a very scary combination. I'm looking forward to future plots, where these two will play a crucial role.

I could very well imagine but that makes me wonder who of the participants will play an "important" role/will advance far or clear the tower.

I guess Parakewl will definitely get out soon, I can only see him remaining a bit as a "joke" character, the guy is seriously going on my nerves though <__<

Rak, Leeso, Koon and Laure seem to be very likely to advance further, I still think that the Rak/Koon/Baam trio is a pretty good combination so I hope we will see them as a team again. Anak and Androssi are sure to advance, I can't see them failing anytime soon.
Not sure about the other guys like Aleksei or Sunwoo, they were rarely in the spotlight and never showed anything amazing. It's time for some new, interesting characters anyway.

you can see yuri is no where even near Mazino
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6412/highrankers.png

If this ranking is the truth I can't imagine how strong Mazino and the rest of the high rankers are, I still remember Yuri saying that "she will destroy the whole testing area" and it seemed pretty easy for her, at least that's what I conclude from her behaviour.
Those high rankers must be pure beasts :s I'm really looking forward to see them in action but I can't imagine them appearing anytime soon.

ErosVp
December 16, 2011, 12:47 PM
What made curious since the first time I saw the rank is that Yuri's guide, Evan, is ahead of her by hundreds...

k-dom
December 16, 2011, 01:02 PM
ErosVp, you beat me on that. I guess being a Princess gives a social status that even rank cannot beat.

ErosVp
December 16, 2011, 01:13 PM
Kinda! It seems she is the youngest besides Androssi, who is not a ranker yet. You can see others princess up there, considering only females from the 7 families becomes a princess so the males must be pretty strong too! Some of the strongests guy must be underlings of Zahard, the 7 families and Urek Mazino....

Good thing is that the plot gets more possibilities since anyone can be strong.

naruto-niichan
December 16, 2011, 01:36 PM
Kinda! It seems she is the youngest besides Androssi, who is not a ranker yet. You can see others princess up there, considering only females from the 7 families becomes a princess so the males must be pretty strong too! Some of the strongest guys must be underlings of Zahard, the 7 families and Urek Mazino....

There actually seems to be a possibility of a male Zahard Prince, looking at this:

Of course, more and more people are anticipating for the Zahard's 'only son' who is to be born someday. - from information released about King Zahard.

but that would only include his own born son, I wonder why he don't/can't choose a prince.
Are you sure that only females from the 7 families are chosen as princesses? I got the impression that every female could become a princess if they deem themself worthy.

And like the Administrator said, it seems like Irregulars are really turning the tower upside down, 3 of the 4 strongest fighters are Irregulars (with the 4th being King Zahard himself).

ErosVp
December 16, 2011, 01:57 PM
Of course Zahard isn't active anymore so it is normal his rank got lower... I saw that prediction before and of course I thought it was Baam! Since his past is so mysterious it may be possible...

rosco12
December 16, 2011, 02:36 PM
Kinda! It seems she is the youngest besides Androssi, who is not a ranker yet. You can see others princess up there, considering only females from the 7 families becomes a princess so the males must be pretty strong too! Some of the strongests guy must be underlings of Zahard, the 7 families and Urek Mazino....

Before everyone starts thinking that there is only 7 families I thought I should mention there is 10

Thanks to a translation from Cat92 of the author blog:

About the Tower
1. The Tower is largely catagorized into three parts: The Outer Tower, the Inner Tower, and the Middle Area.

2. The Outer Tower is the residental district of the habitants, and each floor of the Outer Tower is as large as the continent of America on Earth.

3. The Inner Tower is the place where the Regulars take exams, and the Regulars are selected by the Guardian of the first floor, Headon.

4. Regulars must take the exams to reach the next floor until the 20th, and they can go in and out of the Middle after the 20th floor. If they wish, they can settle at the Middle Area.

5. Middle Area is the place where the Regulars and Rankers live together, although people who are not Regulars live here, too. (Mostly the family of the Regulars)
The area is smaller than the Other Tower, and it varies by the floor. There is some interchange with the Outer Tower. The standard of living is much better.

6. The 77th floor is the only floor ruled by someone who's not one of the 10 Families. And it's the only place where the interchange between the Outer Tower and the Middle Area is equal.

7. The 43th floor is without a Guardian, because Enryu killed the Guardian of that floor. Because of this, the Regulars do not take an exam here, and go to the next floor using the road in the Middle Area. It's rumored that Garam Jahad is hiding here.

8. Rankers can go to the Outer and Inner Towers as they wish, and they are guaranteed premium treatment in their lives. Regulars can get premium treatment according to the floor they reached.

9. The relationship between the Regulars and the non-Regulars is similar to that of the ruling class and the subjected class.

10. The open top floor is the 134th.

11. There are Guardians each floor, and they have control over the Shinsoo on their floor.

12. There are Rulers each floor, and they rule over their floors under the permission of the Guardians.

13. Each area of the Outer Tower and Middle Area is managed by the Ruler (The title is different each floor. President, Chief, etc.) of the area. The Rulers are all followers of the family owning the floor, and they are all Rankers.

14. The Rulers are all High Rankers or above.

15. The Ruler has the right to decide the exam of his floor. But if the Guardian raises objections, he must follow the Guardian's wish.

16. The cultures of each floor of the Outer Tower are all different, and the climates and temperatures are all varied. They are all decided by the preferences of the Guardian and Ruler of the floor.

17. The culture of the Middle Area are all similar (although very multicultural) because the Rankers and the Regulars come and go a lot. However, there are noticeable characteristics in each one.

naruto-niichan
December 16, 2011, 02:37 PM
Of course Zahard isn't active anymore so it is normal his rank got lower... I saw that prediction before and of course I thought it was Baam! Since his past is so mysterious it may be possible...

well yeah, I just wanted to say that besides him the strongest fighters are Irregulars, which makes me understand the Administrators reason about stopping them as early as possible a bit more.

Baam being the prince? I got the impression that he isn't even born yet but who knows, it might be possible.

ErosVp
December 16, 2011, 06:57 PM
2rosco12
Yeah! It is 10 families... I knew it but I think I confused it with the clan leaders of Noblesse! XP

I know Arie gave the 77th floor to Urek and Urek let his subordinate and friend take care of it... But I always thought Arie let Urek had that floor because it was the floor Enryu killed the guardian...

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

@naruto-niichan
The Crest of The Crimson Three Eyes, simbol of the Royal Enforcement Division, appears on a wall of the cave that Baam was trapped in his entire life. So that is suspicious as hell!

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

There it is! If anyone wants to advertize Tower of God...

http://i.imgur.com/GgTS6.png
http://i.imgur.com/v8r05.png
http://i.imgur.com/Je5Fl.png

Don't forget you can ask help from those artist for an original sign...

shaheer
December 16, 2011, 11:02 PM
i dont think Baam is a prince, some fellas in Wiki wasw sayung that he could be Phantaminum according to the guy he might have lost his memories and turned small
some says he is son of Urek Mazino but thats nonsense
bottom like is most of the fans like to connect Phantaminum Mazino and Baam , they are the most celebrated irregular so far
Feel sad for Enru he is almost as strong as Phantaminum nd may be stronger than Mazino but no one cares

Of course Zahard isn't active anymore so it is normal his rank got lower
I think the rankings are done in accordance to their Peak, other wise Phantaminum and Enru wouldnt be at the top, Mazino would be romping them because not only is he active but he is the leader of the biggest anti zahard force which is steadily growing power. But he isnt so i guess being inactive aint pushing any one down rather its the peak of their abilities and capabilities that put them in the place.if one got pushed back its just that some ones achievements and capabilities toppled the record set by his/her peak performance or sth.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

What made curious since the first time I saw the rank is that Yuri's guide, Evan, is ahead of her by hundreds...

ya it was a bit of a surprise i guess like K-dom said she has a higher status because she is a princess.
nd Evan was pretty cool if you remember his dialogue with the floor director. Yuri was very childish and spouted stuffs like i ll destroy this and that while Evan went in cool headed adn brought the things down and Yuri did listened to him for a while. I guess its like Rak and Lesso. Rak is physically strong but Lesso is much more dangerous because of his intelligence just that ppl dun realize that due to difference in external strength

ErosVp
December 16, 2011, 11:10 PM
Enryu is stronger than Urrek! He is number 2 and Urek is number 4! It is said Phantaminium and Urek MAzino have a dog cat relationship..... It is fact Phantaminium broke all the royals defences, reached Zahard but didn't fight him. Some theorys said that Lahel was Phantaminium or related to him and he took Baam at that time....

Anyway Phantaminium seems a great potential last boss!

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Hey shaheer! Why don't you use the bigger image of your avatar I posted as a sign?

shinsengumi
December 16, 2011, 11:13 PM
i get the feeling that it was lahels duty to keep an eye on baam when he was prisoned but then the boy got so attached to her

shaheer
December 16, 2011, 11:17 PM
Anyway Phantaminium seems a great potential last boss!
ya, thats true. nd true Enru is stronger than Mazino at present. We are forgetting Mazino finished the tower in 50 yrs and created Walkaisong (what ever the sp is) he is still a kid (age wise) when we compare with zahard enru and Phantaminum.
As for the sigg plan to but i managed to formulate this one so i ll be keeping it for some days before i change it :)

Some theorys said that Lahel was Phantaminium or related to him and he took Baam at that time
ya i heard that theory too but refuse to believe that sb so fabled will be a character i loath so much (at present for the Baam incident if she turns out to be good again i guess my sentiments might change)

ErosVp
December 16, 2011, 11:23 PM
The big question is why Baam had to be imprisoned? Why is he so dangerous? This is my favorite manhwa because the plot is so complex and there are so many possibilities!!!

shaheer... It looks like it is just you and me advertizing Tower of God! T_T

shaheer
December 16, 2011, 11:30 PM
The big question is why Baam had to be imprisoned? Why is he so dangerous? This is my favorite manhwa because the plot is so complex and there are so many possibilities!!!

:tem i can see the reasons of zahard you know
1) phantaminum attacked the palace ransacked and massacred ppl
2) enru killed a guardian, ie strong enough to pose an incredible threat if he is annoyed
3) mazino did the most dangerous thing by creating an organization which can match against zahards

its natural that some one who has the capability to be an irregular is to be kicked out to some dungeon, i suppose he would have never entered the tower if he wasnt compelled to

as for advertizements, ya you are right but if i remember right Host samurai said he ll also do that favor so i guess more ppl might follow

shinsengumi
December 16, 2011, 11:36 PM
excluding Shin Angyo Onshi , ToG is my fav manhwa too . its original and interesting . but more importantly ;
YURI :worship2

ErosVp
December 16, 2011, 11:45 PM
excluding Shin Angyo Onshi , ToG is my fav manhwa too . its original and interesting . but more importantly ;
YURI :worship2

The important thing is that it is your favorite ongoing manhwa!!! Let's try to get more fans, because it will be hard to have a sub-forum with only 25 pages in this thread....

shaheer
December 17, 2011, 12:28 AM
The important thing is that it is your favorite ongoing manhwa!!! Let's try to get more fans, because it will be hard to have a sub-forum with only 25 pages in this thread....

heh its atleast a start scan by 4 pgs back all we had was chapter discussion and after that only you and me were talking abt stuffs now we have a lot of old fans visiting and talking abt theories and all.

ErosVp
December 17, 2011, 02:24 AM
Chapter 75 is finally out guys! Lahel that bitch!!! I get angrier the more I see her, and everybody is willing to help her, plus it seems she really is partner of the red-haired girl..... I think it must be since before entering the tower since it seems as soon she got to the second floor she met Androssi... Argh!!! What is going on??!!

Also, Did the author decided to change her name from Lahel to Rachel? That bastard do that all the time between Zahard and Jahad, can't he made up his mind?! :mad Yeah I'm not in a good mood! How much time this lazy ass will take before starting part 2?

shaheer
December 17, 2011, 03:36 AM
THAT @#$%^&*#$%@#$@#$%@#$@#$@#$% LAHEL, I M GONAAAAA
damn
this aint even ... i have completely lost it,. Baam should just kill her when he gets the chance. Damn even Koon was outwitted here, just that red haired gal seem to know what that @#$%^& lahel was up to.
nd ya the author likes to troll us a lot when the translation was Jahard he suddenly changed to zahard now tih that @#$%^lahel to Rachel
well any way lahel was a weird name to begin with

News for the fans
season 1:1-74
Epilogue of season 1:75-78
after that break
how long : no idea

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

nd if the author dun give us what happed to Baam after the shock and how did he survive it will be a let down.
esp that kind of cliff hanger is good for 1 week but if its for unknown period of time then its a killer on the fans
still that @#$%^ drama Queen lahel
:laser

shinsengumi
December 17, 2011, 04:12 AM
there is still something off ; her expression . its like shes not happy with what she did . was she somehow forced to do it ?or maybe that was her motive from the beginning but she got attached to baam too and started to hate herself ?
im not really sure what it is but she doesnt look like a villian to me

k-dom
December 17, 2011, 04:54 AM
Chapter 75 is finally out guys! Lahel that bitch!!! I get angrier the more I see her, and everybody is willing to help her, plus it seems she really is partner of the red-haired girl..... I think it must be since before entering the tower since it seems as soon she got to the second floor she met Androssi... Argh!!! What is going on??!!

Also, Did the author decided to change her name from Lahel to Rachel? That bastard do that all the time between Zahard and Jahad, can't he made up his mind?! :mad Yeah I'm not in a good mood! How much time this lazy ass will take before starting part 2?

The names didn't change in Korean but the author give a roman transcription which is different from the one initially thought by the translaters. It happens all the time.

As for Rachel, she is certainly manipulative. I wonder if she already had such back thoughts when she visited Baam. The thing is now she has no way back, if her secret is discovered nothing will be left of her body. I wonder how many people know about her, there is Hwa ryu but probably also the director

Also, Host samourai do you know if all the extra informations from the blog are regrouped in a single thread on Batoto ? If yes maybe we could had a link for it in the first post. Otherwise it would be good to regroup them ourselves for when we will had a forum :-)

shaheer
December 17, 2011, 06:04 AM
there is still something off ; her expression . its like shes not happy with what she did . was she somehow forced to do it ?or maybe that was her motive from the beginning but she got attached to baam too and started to hate herself ?

or she is plainly evil with no emotion what so ever, you knwo those Cold villain s who even after massacring their family infront of ppl say : so?!
(in many mangas)
that to be honest i was expecting lahel to come out and lie but i didnt expect all of the team to pledge their unwavering support to rachel.
i expected them to scatter off as Baam was the only one connecting them to each other.
So we are short with predictions here, atleast few of us expected koon and rak to be out searching while rest advances. At least by the looks of it all of the fellows accepted Baam is dead
so any guess what might happen?
the Guardian liked Baam a lot
my 2pence is he might have teleported Baam out to safety

k-dom
December 17, 2011, 06:36 AM
I'm wondering how the epilogue will last another 3 chapters. If we consider that it ends with Baam back in the last page for cliffhanger, it is still 3 chapters about Rachel and the others which would surprise me.

shaheer
December 17, 2011, 06:48 AM
prolly show what actually happened to Baam and how he took Rachels betrayal in one chap.
in next chap will show some stuffs abt the rest of the grp concerning going to the next stage and will end with Baam strugging to go to next stage too
would like it if there is a time skip and Baam turns out to be a bad ass power user by then

naruto-niichan
December 17, 2011, 07:59 AM
nd if the author dun give us what happed to Baam after the shock and how did he survive it will be a let down.
esp that kind of cliff hanger is good for 1 week but if its for unknown period of time then its a killer on the fans
still that @#$%^ drama Queen lahel
:laser

I guess he will show Baam beforehand or at least give us hint what exactly happened. I'm angry about Lahel as well, she tricked the whole group and it seems so ironical that they are helping the one who supposedly murdered (betrayed) Baam @@ it seems like Baam and the rest will be divided for a long time but I'm already looking forward to his return and how they will fare with Rachel.

and don't be mad about the names, they can be translated differently. Now that the Author has given us the name he intended for her I'm going to call her Rachel.

I would compare her to Griffith from Berserk or Vera Linus from Veritas. She does seem to be sorry but that doesn't change the fact that she is willing to betray everyone for her own sake. Now she did turn into a villain, still I'm pretty sure Baam is willing to forgive her (as kind as he is).

prolly show what actually happened to Baam and how he took Rachels betrayal in one chap.
in next chap will show some stuffs abt the rest of the grp concerning going to the next stage and will end with Baam strugging to go to next stage too
would like it if there is a time skip and Baam turns out to be a bad ass power user by then

I think we will get some explanation about Rachels reason for betraying Baam to, maybe some talk between her and the red haired girl (what was her name?). Seems like a good theory though, I guess the timeskip will take place when they advance to the next floor and after we saw something about Baam.

It's very likely that he will return as a stronger fighter, not sure how much though. Him returning and owning some people/monsters would be nice though.

Host Samurai
December 17, 2011, 06:17 PM
Also, Host samourai do you know if all the extra informations from the blog are regrouped in a single thread on Batoto ? If yes maybe we could had a link for it in the first post. Otherwise it would be good to regroup them ourselves for when we will had a forum :-)

Yeah, they've a single thread for the blogs translation over there on batoto. I'll post the link as you suggested in my first post, when the time for our sub forum is there then we can take our time and make the appropriate threads.

Now that we know that Lahel is an opportunist, who is capable of doing anything for her dreams sake. I wonder what kind of role Hwa Ryu will play? To me she seems like a wildcard in this scenario. She could give Koon another hint about Baam like she did before the Hide and Seek test with Lahel. But for some reasons I think that Rak is going to have a crucial role in this development due to his nature of being a Hunter. As long as he doesn't find his dead prey and sees for himself, he might very well go on a hunt in order to investigate the matter.

---------- Post added December 18, 2011 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was December 17, 2011 at 11:32 PM ----------

I heard many theories that Baam is/or might be the only son of Zahard. But I personally don't want it to be the case, I'd rather want Baam to be unrelated to the other irregulars and make him special. IIRC Yuri did mention that Baam is an irregular for an irregular. :D

:tem i can see the reasons of zahard you know
1) phantaminum attacked the palace ransacked and massacred ppl
2) enru killed a guardian, ie strong enough to pose an incredible threat if he is annoyed
3) mazino did the most dangerous thing by creating an organization which can match against zahards

its natural that some one who has the capability to be an irregular is to be kicked out to some dungeon, i suppose he would have never entered the tower if he wasnt compelled to

as for advertizements, ya you are right but if i remember right Host samurai said he ll also do that favor so i guess more ppl might follow

These are the deeds, which made the irregulars infamous throughout the Tower. I understand why the ten families and Zahard wants to keep the status quo but on the other hand I seriously want to know the motivation of the irregulars. I'm always wondering, if they grew up in the same environment as Baam, in total isolation?!

She is irredeemable for her actions. She just played along and ended with her act at the right time. Many seem to forget that in the Hide and Seek test, she deliberately told Koon to not let Baam know about the note. Even though she was warned, she didn't take any counter measures to protect herself, which makes her action back then even more suspicious.

@Erosvp and shaheer: Don't worry guys, I've made a request for my sig. I just need to wait patiently. :D

naruto-niichan
December 17, 2011, 06:36 PM
In case anyone is looking for some TOC fanart, there are some good pictures on SIU's Fan Cafe (http://cafe.naver.com/inutero3334).
The repertory isn't so great yet but I found some nice ones. I especially liked this one:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/Stern1235/B6F3C5A9_ksmark6916.jpg

Made me immediately think: "We need YOU For our turtle group!" XD

Host Samurai
December 17, 2011, 07:04 PM
@ni-chan: LMFAO...hahaha that picture alone is awesome. But your initial thought about the picture fits it very well. :D

It seems like Koon is really popular among our fellow Korean fans. Who doesn't like his cunning, cocky character with the mindset of a Ruler? :D

shaheer
December 17, 2011, 10:55 PM
frigin dun understand korea, nd ya i guess Koon is one of the most popular character in the TOG yet.
is there any news in the author s blog as the when nxt chap will be released?
i mean he took a break last time did he give any such into this time?

shinsengumi
December 17, 2011, 11:57 PM
okay fellas , if you really want to advertise ToG here is the place (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/74136-Best-Manhwa-Best-Manhua) . now who is with me o/

ErosVp
December 18, 2011, 02:08 AM
okay fellas , if you really want to advertise ToG here is the place (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/74136-Best-Manhwa-Best-Manhua) . now who is with me o/

That is a great opportunity! When the time to vote comes lets support ToG to fullest!!! It won't be easy against The Breaker....

shaheer
December 18, 2011, 08:44 AM
ya breaker has the biggest manhwa fan grp in this site i know

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

any fellas think that Baam after being so brutally betrayed will be ... you know Evil or say like anaken skywalker?

Charlie
December 18, 2011, 09:19 AM
ya breaker has the biggest manhwa fan grp in this site i know

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

any fellas think that Baam after being so brutally betrayed will be ... you know Evil or say like anaken skywalker?

I've thought of a couple things....

One scenario is that while drowning, he "awakens" to his true form which was some legendary person that invaded the tower in the past.

The second one is that he was saved by either the guardian or one of Yuris people and is recuperating.

I can't wait to see him back in the show - does not want Rachel to be the Main character. :yelling and :scry

shaheer
December 18, 2011, 09:32 AM
One scenario is that while drowning, he "awakens" to his true form which was some legendary person that invaded the tower in the past.

The second one is that he was saved by either the guardian or one of Yuris people and is recuperating.

i hope its your former theory hits the mark :) or Guradian saves him. And the series will be repugnant if Rachel becomes the main, i am sure damn sure we ll see baam in either of the 2 chaps

rosco12
December 18, 2011, 10:36 AM
New chapter Raw is out.
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=183559&no=77&weekday=mon

k-dom
December 18, 2011, 10:41 AM
Interesting, so Rachel did see Baam fist floor test. I'm really looking forward the explanation of her behaviour. It does not seem like she calculated everything after all. Maybe I can forgive her if she is sincere :-)

shinobi
December 18, 2011, 10:47 AM
too much talking!! but it seems Rachel was monitoring Baam's movements from the start,, did she have some kind of deal with that guy?? :-_- I'm waiting to see Baam behavior towards her when he finds his way back somehow...

k-dom
December 18, 2011, 11:28 AM
Original Post from Mizura http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/3071-spoiler-tower-of-god-chapter-76-raw/page__view__findpost__p__43239

Lahel told Baam to forget about her so that she can be reborn as she left fot the tower.
Thanks for the translation! And yeah, that part was already there in chapter 1.

But anyway, yeah, from what I made out, Rachel was all excited about meeting Headon (she read about him in books) and starts saying how it's her dream to climb the Tower. Headon pretty much says that she's not the one chosen, and when Rachel pleads for a chance to climb, he pretty much doesn't give a damn. And yeah, he called her wicked, dirty, and useless. And a liar. He certainly wasn't easy on her. D: Since Rachel keeps pleading with him, he proposes the Ball test to her, but Rachel objects because she'd simply die.

When Baam shows up, he confines her to the side. Rachel is a bit surprised that Baam is in the tower and wonders what he'll do, but when he goes ahead, she yells at him to stop. It didn't work, as you can see.

Basically, that's it! No conspiring from Rachel, nothing on her background (except that Headon pretty much deems her insignificant), no redeeming trait of Rachel, no nada.

So Baam is not an irregular in the end, Rachel is. Or are they both irregulars. Anyway that's quite a twist. So Rachel killed Baam by Jealousy, bad girl

ErosVp
December 18, 2011, 12:35 PM
I think I won't check the raw this week... Let me see if I'll be surprised....

Ah! That Manga Awards seems pretty cool! I nominated some others things... k-dom nominated ToG for the Plot Twist, Baam being pushed by Lahel...

shaheer
December 18, 2011, 01:47 PM
i wont try the raw either. i dun read Raw in general, only time i did read Raw was when Breaker NW came back from Hiatus nd i was pumped up to see whats in store and couldnt wait
think i ll wait for TOG

scav
December 18, 2011, 04:16 PM
i think it's time for me to catch up, im still stuck at chapter 60 -_-;

BakaHaze
December 18, 2011, 04:36 PM
Weellll the chapter's been out for a while now...

And yeah kind of an anti climactic ending with everything just tiding over.

It's really awesome how everyone decides to help her; if only it was really only an accident...

And the cliffhanger on the final frame doesn't really do it for me; All I care about is Baam :lmao

naruto-niichan
December 18, 2011, 05:38 PM
I read the RAW, looks like another interesting chapter

Some background on Lahel huh? I'm interested to know how she feels about Baam and what is her motivation.
And we get to see Headon again! So far my fav Ruler(?) of the tower.

And the cliffhanger on the final frame doesn't really do it for me; All I care about is Baam :lmao

XD I guess everyone is the most curious about Baam but getting to know more about Rachel will be an important part of the story too.

BakaHaze
December 18, 2011, 05:50 PM
Haha lol I think we're on Different chapters. You seem to be on 76,

I'm still stuck way back on 75 Broo :XD

shaheer
December 18, 2011, 10:08 PM
XD I guess everyone is the most curious about Baam but getting to know more about Rachel will be an important part of the story too.

Not if Baam comes out as darth vaider and kills her off, now that is sth i wanna see, Bad ass Baam and rachel getting what she deserves

Host Samurai
December 19, 2011, 05:53 AM
Here is a partly translation of the chapter.

[/COLOR]]
Hwaryun: How is it?

How does it feel to walk this path?
Rachel: Just...a little...tiring...

-scenes from chapter 1-

Rachel: This is...inside the tower?

The fairy...of the tower?

The..the fairy of the tower!! Right?

I read in the book!! That there lives a fairy in the tower who guides the children who climb it! You must be that fairy!

My name is Rachel! I came here to climb the tower!
Headon: .......You're not the person.
Rachel: ...What?
Headon: You're not the person, I said.

You're not the person that the tower chose.
Rachel: Wha...what...are you talking about...

I...I've always dreamt of climbing the tower! And I've finally entered it!!
Headon: You're not the person.

Don't try to deceive me. You lying girl.

You know it yourself. How hideous, dirty and worthless you are.

You weren't chosen.
Rachel: N..No...

No...fairy...please...please give me one chance fairy!!

I...I have to climb the tower! That's my only hope!!

Please! Fairy! Please...! Let me climb...
Headon: ...if that's the case, why don't you take a simple test.
Rachel: Re...really? Then I can climb the tower?
Headon: Well- if you can pass the test.
Rachel: Tha..that's...

(Headon explains the rules)

Rachel: Are..are you telling me to die?
Headon: No. I told you to go inside and pop the ball didn't I...?
Rachel: That's just telling me to die!! How could I defeat that monster and pop the ball? You just want to throw me out because I wasn't chosen!!
Headon: So-you won't do it?
Rachel: ...I..I don't want...to die...

But fairy! If you give me a proper chance, I'll definitely...!
Headon: ? The guest has finally arrived.
Rachel: ...?
Headon: Stand aside if you're not going to take the test, girl.
Rachel: ......!
Headon: You're in the way.
Rachel: ...Baam!

Baam...you...entered the tower too.

What...are you doing Baam?

It can't be...you're taking that test?

No...No...Baam...don't go...

Don't go..Baam!!

No! Stop!! Baam!!

No!! Don't go!! Don't go!! Baam!!!

No!! You musn't go!

Don't go!! Please!!

Don't go!! Baam!!

ErosVp
December 19, 2011, 04:47 PM
I'm still too weak, I couldn't resist... So if Headon says that about Lahel it must be true. What we saw before was Baam version of facts, what Lahel did when she left Baam in the cave we never knew...

@naruto-niichan Headon (fairy XD) is a guardian. Ruler is Zahard.

shaheer
December 19, 2011, 11:58 PM
I'm still too weak, I couldn't resist... So if Headon says that about Lahel it must be true. What we saw before was Baam version of facts, what Lahel did when she left Baam in the cave we never knew...

@naruto-niichan Headon (fairy XD) is a guardian. Ruler is Zahard.

i suppose when i saw you reading it off i didnt want to be the last one talking theories.
God to think Rachel was an irregular too. this pisses me off how come she is so important?! The Headon behaved differently with Baam, he was very polite if you ask me. I think Rachel was getting more and more jelous of baam at every passing minute. Baam passed the teest b4 her i think she followed Baam and completed the test like he did only to realize that Baam has ppl he can count on apart from her. i remember that she was having a dream where she gets the stars and Baam gets the freinds and the were beign separated while she was sauntering all alone. Esp when it was due to Baam her legs were like that and Baam had a score of ppl following him she thought of taking the advantage. Guess she had her own issues. BUT WHERE THE HELL IS BAAM NOW :(

phio_chan
December 21, 2011, 05:57 AM
I've just seen chapter 75. Very late of me, I know. :XD

Anyway... I'm very disappointed (and kind of upset as well actually) at this "heroine of the story". She seriously failed Baam's pure devotion towards her. If only Baam would "strike back" at her and get revenge, maybe I would be a bit happier, but knowing who Baam is and how he thinks of Lahel/Rachel no matter what, it doesn't seem like it would happen. I wonder what Baam would do, though.

I won't take a peek at the raws anymore; waiting for released chapters only. :p

ErosVp
December 21, 2011, 02:32 PM
Yeah... Baam is no Sasuke. But I think it will be lame if he continues to climb the tower with the objetive to ask Rachel "Why?". I hope Baam finds something convincent to seek as well...

scav
December 21, 2011, 05:01 PM
im done catching up. its was good to read 15 chapters in a row :hee
chapter 74 was quite a shock, Rachel is quite a bitch, i wonder who is she and what is she planning?
i hope Baam will continue to climb the tower, but with another goal

ErosVp
December 22, 2011, 03:24 PM
Which chapter shows Serena Rinnen's (http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Serena_Rinnen) flashback? I don't remember, but she was talking to Ho when it happened...

k-dom
December 23, 2011, 08:12 AM
I've thought that maybe the irregulars are the ones really chosen by the tower and that the fact they forced the door is a rumor created by Zahard

naruto-niichan
December 23, 2011, 06:28 PM
http://photos.weddingbycolor.com/p/000/026/864/m/163483/p/photo/428182.jpg

Here you can post about simple questions related to Tower of God as well as the specific answers.
Please keep in mind to not ask anything that can only be answered by the author :)

phio_chan
December 25, 2011, 02:29 AM
I've thought that maybe the irregulars are the ones really chosen by the tower and that the fact they forced the door is a rumor created by Zahard

It is possible. Maybe there really isn't regular or irregular, maybe it was created by Zahard or someone else before to scare people off, eliminate unwanted people, or for other reasons. Nothing seems to be as innocent as it seems now, thanks to Lahel. -_-; :XD

Anywaaaay~

Congratulations to Tower of God for having its own section!

:confetti

Charlie
December 25, 2011, 02:36 AM
Everyone grats on haivng our own Tog section! It was made possible thanks to everyone here!! Please feel free to create your own threads for questions, theories, art, etc.

That is pretty interesting and entertaining idea K-don. Currently though I think the opposite, meaning that the regulars are the ones chosen and the irregulars are ones that are not. However, I think your idea would be an interesting plot twist if that were to be revealed later on.

zelllogan
December 25, 2011, 04:43 AM
It seems I started to read this manwha just at the right time. I started yesterday & finished today. And just when I'm finished, I see a new section on mangahelpers.

I started it because I was surprised by the number of nominations it received in the mangahelpers awards.
I agree it's a very good read but I still put SAO & Ares ahead currently.

Anyway I now just hope that we won't have 10-15 chapters or more without Baam. Plus, seeing the whole group standing behind Rachel will get on my nerves :).

naruto-niichan
December 25, 2011, 05:57 AM
Congratulations for an own sub-forum! It's thanks to you awesome members who supported ToG so much in the last few weeks, thank you a lot :)
now I hope we will have even more great discussions!

Anyway I now just hope that we won't have 10-15 chapters or more without Baam. Plus, seeing the whole group standing behind Rachel will get on my nerves :).

do you know about the (likely) timeskip? The author announced that the first part of ToG will end in 2-3 chapters so I hope we will see what happened to Baam before the first part ends.

but I agree, seeing the whole group supporting Rachel will definitely be annoying :bored My guess is that she will have them as support for at least 1 or 2 more floors until Baam reaches them.

ErosVp
December 25, 2011, 06:36 AM
Congratulations to all fans of Tower of God! We did it!!! ToG has its own forum!

ToG still has much room to grow Zellogan! It is already a great acomplishment to earn a sub-forum with only 76 chapters....

Host Samurai
December 25, 2011, 06:53 AM
We did it guys. :D I'm very proud of our accomplishment.

k-dom
December 25, 2011, 05:06 PM
Yes congrats for the sub forums, I think it deserve it cause the world created by SIU is very complex and it seems the author has put lot's of thoughts into it so it's perfect for us speculating.
Congrats to the musketeers team too, it seems your lobying paid off :-)

ErosVp
December 26, 2011, 02:39 AM
I posted this in best manhwa award, but maybe it belongs here....

I was thinking about my preferences and why I prefer ToG than Noblesse or Breaker... I concluded it is because the world. It is fine to be able to throw vampires or superhumans martial artists in the everyday world, but I've always prefered works where the author creates a whole new world (One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Tower of God, etc)! I think it is very cool to discover little by little the history and features about this world the author intend to show us....

naruto-niichan
December 26, 2011, 07:22 PM
Anyone else thought that Headon looked like a pimp when he was complementing Baam? XD

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/Stern1235/HeadonPimp2.jpg

Giving Baam a thumbs up while he raises his head high and in the opposite direction of where Rachel is standing, like he is making fun of her.

I can't deny that I already love his character :amuse

Uriel
December 27, 2011, 12:29 AM
I started yesterday and finished today after seeing some votes on the MH awards. At first I thought the drawings were HORRIBLE but soon I got used to it and the designs were better than I originally expected. Also the story caught me incredibly fast.

You know, the little I understood made me think that Baam will meet Urek sooner than it should be to explain what actually irregulars are.

shinsengumi
December 27, 2011, 02:00 AM
Congratz everyone . tbh i never expected a comeback this fast . already having our subforum , we dont even need ToG to win the awards anymore :derp

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

anyway , back on topic
i re-read first few chaps and a few points caught my attention ;

first is about baams full name . its 35th Baam (http://www.mangareader.net/1757-56632-32/tower-of-god/chapter-1.html) . now whats up with the 35th ? to me it almost proves that he is from a royal family :hurr what do you think ?

second is Headon's intentions
is he trying to stop baam or is he trying to help ?

if he really wanted to keep baam away from the tower , all he had to do was to not lie to him about rachels whereabouts but he told baam to climb to the top if he wanted to meet her ever again

and then masterminded a plan to crush him ?!
maybe he is just trying to pull the potential out of him by sending him into accelerating challanges ? which would make him the itachi of this story
can anyone rly see thru him ?

phio_chan
December 27, 2011, 05:35 AM
Welcome, Uriel~ :confetti

if he really wanted to keep baam away from the tower , all he had to do was to not lie to him about rachels whereabouts but he told baam to climb to the top if he wanted to meet her ever again

and then masterminded a plan to crush him ?!
maybe he is just trying to pull the potential out of him by sending him into accelerating challanges ? which would make him the itachi of this story
can anyone rly see thru him ?

I think that would only make Rachel to want to climb the tower even more, hence Baam coming after her. :XD

Perhaps Headon wanted to find something out from him. Maybe a reason to why Yuri gave him Black March just like that. Or for another reasons we're yet to know. :3

ErosVp
December 27, 2011, 06:44 AM
Welcome aboard Uriel! I hope you help us dicuss ToG and make theories!

@shinsengumi
We don't need but it will be great if ToG could win some awards of course!!!

Anyway, I thought about the "35th" too, but I don't think Baam is from a noble or royal family because everyone who climbed with Zahard seems to be still alive. Koon is a son not grandchild of the head of his family, so I don't think they had many generations.... I just don't know why Baam have that name...

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

I just read what Uriel said in the discussion thread...

I'm thinking that Baam is an experiment and Lahel is the daughter of the one who made him. Don't ask me why I'm thinking that, but the fact that He doesn't mention his fathers, He just existed in a cave and learned all the things from her...Screams experiment to me. Well, aside of his name.

What if 35th means he is the 35th clone/especimen and the only one who managed to survive an experiment???!! O_O

zelllogan
December 27, 2011, 08:41 AM
It was already told that Shinsoo can create life. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Baam is a being made of Shinsoo ... without mother & father. His talent as a wave controller is way too important ... soon or later, we will need an explanation for that.

Uriel
December 27, 2011, 09:45 AM
What if 35th means he is the 35th clone/especimen and the only one who managed to survive an experiment???!! O_O
Exactly. Alchemy is a perfect explanation.

The name is also interesting. Why Night? Why 35 Night?

naruto-niichan
December 27, 2011, 10:24 AM
welcome to the ToG section Uri, glad to have you on board!

Exactly. Alchemy is a perfect explanation.

The name is also interesting. Why Night? Why 35 Night?

you can translate Baams name as "Chestnut" too XD not sure if the other meanings of his name will have an important role but who knows, it could be. I don't really like the idea of alchemy or science, I hope the name relates more to a generation. It could be some title passed down from generation to generation.

ErosVp
December 27, 2011, 10:26 AM
Because night is dark and darkness is cool in mangas/manhwas!!! XP

Maybe because in the tower you can't see the real stars or sun, and although those trapped inside trying to climb it don't know they are in a endless night! (Wow! That sounded good right?!)

shinsengumi
December 27, 2011, 10:32 AM
hey could it be something related to the 13th month series ?
you know , 13th month - 35th night

or am i pushing it ? : D

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

oh and i liked the experiment idea btw , a brilliant approach indeed

Uriel
December 27, 2011, 07:17 PM
hey could it be something related to the 13th month series ? you know , 13th month - 35th night
oh and i liked the experiment idea btw , a brilliant approach indeed
I like that idea because those weapons are of my interest. Actually I'll make a thread about it. :ninja

welcome to the ToG section Uri, glad to have you on board!
you can translate Baams name as "Chestnut" too XD not sure if the other meanings of his name will have an important role but who knows, it could be. I don't really like the idea of alchemy or science, I hope the name relates more to a generation. It could be some title passed down from generation to generation.
Thanks to you all. <3
And why you don't like it? It's likely they experiment a lot since there are many, many, many races :P

naruto-niichan
December 28, 2011, 06:11 PM
While reading through the manwha again I noticed that I forgot how badass Baam can be :D
this is when Baam asks Hansung what he/she found at the top of the tower. She tells him the stories are true and that you can find nearly everything there.
His reaction:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/Stern1235/BadassBaam.jpg

This even makes me wonder if Baam has another reason to climb to the top, it looks like he has an idea in mind o__o

---------- Post added December 29, 2011 at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was December 28, 2011 at 04:00 PM ----------

I found another interesting thing while looking through the Batoto forum a bit.

Take a look here:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/Stern1235/ZahardEmblem.jpg

This is King Zahards Emblem

Now take a look here
(this is when Rachel and Baam talk about the Sky in the underground place)

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/Stern1235/Stonewall.jpg

The symbol looks nearly identical to his emblem. So what could this mean? A connection to Zahard? Could it be that Zahard planned to seal him there? Or just that Zahard (or one of his followers) visited the place? I'm pretty sure that there is some connection <__<

ErosVp
December 28, 2011, 06:25 PM
Yeah I saw this in the Tog wikia some time ago. I even posted in the chapter discussion at the time.... That is the simbol of the Royal Enforcement Division which Ren is part. If I remember I was talking about Baam being "the only son of Zahard" at the time....

Uriel
December 28, 2011, 10:20 PM
Something interesting about the symbol in the underground place is that It also has the three points, but with a cross that defines the places of those points. Interesting thought about what a cross means is not only something scared (Which only derive from Christianity) but a crossroad...a path, an intersection. It's way to talk about fate, about things that meet each other. The points could mean different agents that work and go to a determinate place: The three eyes.
The three eyes as well have the same number than tower, which makes me think that Zahard took the symbol after being in the tower and the symbol comes from the original symbolism of the tower. Eyes can also significate "god" or "holy entity" since they can "see" all and are way to express the inner world of the beings since it's a metaphoric path to the insides.

A lot can be assumed about it, but it's only that sadly.

shaheer
December 29, 2011, 06:51 AM
WOA a new sub. awesome !!
thanks to Unch charlie Phio and naruto specially. its was a nice surprise

ErosVp
December 29, 2011, 10:46 PM
I created an account in batoto to ask about ToG's wiki reliability...

I got these two answers:

1- TOG wiki is mostly reliable.
Yuri is ranked ~500 and there is 1000 high rankers (1% of all rankers)
info about Yuri ranking came from author chat with Korean fans. by the way Evan supposed to be ranked ~200

There was a blog post about political structure of tower, but it wasn't translated. we got only short summary.

2- The extra information comes from the threads on Mangafox (taboo) that haven't been posted on this thread.

Tower of God Q&A from batoto (http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/622-tower-of-god-qa/page__st__20)
Master Author Blog/Translations Thread from batoto (http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/832-master-author-blogtranslations-thread/)

edit: Oh! The first answer who mention the info about high rankers was from Kroll, whom together with Grumpy and cat92 are credited for the Tower of God's Author Blog Entry Translations (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/74406-Tower-of-God-s-Author-Blog-Entry-Translations) naruto-niichan posted... We all can feel more assured now! ;D

phio_chan
December 30, 2011, 03:29 AM
I didn't notice that sign on the place where Baam was sealed before as Zahard's symbol. :sweat
This makes me even more curious. Now even Baam being there inside the tower, not knowing anything except his own name is something that has been planned before. Hmph.

ErosVp
December 30, 2011, 05:55 AM
Anyway in the same post Kroll answered me, he confirmed that from an author's untranslated text comes the info that three monarchs rule in place of Zahard. From that I'll make a big, perhaps ridiculous, theory.

Part 1 - I said in a previous post that it was strange for Phantaminium to invade the palace, kill many royals, enconter zahard and not face him in combat.... Yuri said Phantaminium is a "messy one", so I got the impression he is like Hisoka (HxH) and Doflamingo (One Piece).
My theory is that Zahard is ill, or something like that, and is not strong anymore. This fact is kept hidden by the three monarchs that rule in Zahard's place, in fear that such revelation would mess the equilibrium of the tower, since the guardians have a deal with Zahard, and maybe others strong dudes like Urek or someone from the 10 great families would try to seize the power or at least refuse to continue serving a weak king.... This would be the reason Phantaminium did not fight Zahard

Part 2 - Baam is the "only son of Zahard", he was created by the royals, probably the three monarchs. They did this with the purpose that Baam will grow strong by climbing the tower, and they will try use Baam's body as the new recipient of Zahard! When this day come Zahard (in Baam's body) will get the royals, the 10 families and the princesses to conquer another floor!

I split the prediction in two parts so that maybe I get at least one right! Give some feedback guys, even if it is something like "It is crap, it is better if you just take part in discussion cause predictions isn't your thing"...

shaheer
December 30, 2011, 06:39 AM
i posted a theory once where i stated Baam might be son of zahard, but then again if he was the son of zahard wasnt it better for him to be trained in the zahard castle and be ripe withthe zahard mentality instead of making him climb the tower finding his own truth?
there are anti zahard forces like mazino there are lone warriors like phantaminum nd enryu nd all of them are frigging beast, who is to say that baam being similar to them wont follow their footstep and leave zahards side all together or worse be anti zahard. Y would zahard play such a dangerous game with his son who has monstrous potential like phantaminum enry zahard nd mazino? if he leaves Baam like that he will become a double edged sword for him.

Then again given that after the submerged fish test we dont know what happened to baam and what kind of info he was given(may be zahard planned all and wanted baam to go through the trauma and then feed him the infos that would make him side with the views of zahard or sth) so its hell difficult to say any thing

ErosVp
December 30, 2011, 06:49 AM
Yeah, but I suppose they would force Baam to cooperate with them. And there is the possibility that he is Zahard's only son but some enemy of Zahard took him and trapped in the cave .... And what about the 1st part of my theory?

shaheer
December 30, 2011, 07:04 AM
hmm well your first theory is plausible but as we know nothing about the internal affairs of the castle so far i dont know how true it is.
my theory was like Phantaminum wanted to end the zahards rule but he knew that even if he can match up against zahard but the whole of 10 great family is too much to handle. May be Mazino + enru + Phantaminum+rest of walhaiksong would do the job but back then Mazino didnt enter nd walhaikson wasnt prepared so he wanted to take Zahards son out nd make him go through the castle to see through the wrong doings of zahard nd then be an ally to anti10 great family force or sth.
again as we know NOTHING about the tower yet its all May be May be May be

naruto-niichan
January 01, 2012, 03:57 PM
hmm well your first theory is plausible but as we know nothing about the internal affairs of the castle so far i dont know how true it is.
my theory was like Phantaminum wanted to end the zahards rule but he knew that even if he can match up against zahard but the whole of 10 great family is too much to handle. May be Mazino + enru + Phantaminum+rest of walhaiksong would do the job but back then Mazino didnt enter nd walhaikson wasnt prepared so he wanted to take Zahards son out nd make him go through the castle to see through the wrong doings of zahard nd then be an ally to anti10 great family force or sth.
again as we know NOTHING about the tower yet its all May be May be May be

Not sure about that theory, if Phantaminum really wanted to kill Zahard he would use the chance and get the job done. I see no reason why he would stop halfway, maybe he just wanted to see how far he would come/measure his strength. On the other hand we only know the rough story, who knows what might happened.

For now I hope Baam isn't Zahards son, I always so him as a very special person kinda related to the Tower. Zahard doesn't come from the Tower so why should Baam be so strongly affiliated with Shinsoo? I expect him to be the son of someone who already lived in the tower, I wouldn't mind if it's just his own strength and not something given by his bloodline though.

BakaHaze
January 02, 2012, 03:20 AM
:lmao at dem essays on TOG guys

CancallmeRangi
January 02, 2012, 03:27 AM
When I started to read it, I had the impression that I have already seen Baam design somewhere else but I can't remember who.
Anyway I agree it's an entertaining lecture.

I particulary enjoyed the chapter of last week.
HSOTD has similar artwork to what I see there,, Or not heheh

shaheer
January 05, 2012, 06:19 AM
Not sure about that theory, if Phantaminum really wanted to kill Zahard he would use the chance and get the job done. I see no reason why he would stop halfway, maybe he just wanted to see how far he would come/measure his strength. On the other hand we only know the rough story, who knows what might happened.

For now I hope Baam isn't Zahards son, I always so him as a very special person kinda related to the Tower. Zahard doesn't come from the Tower so why should Baam be so strongly affiliated with Shinsoo? I expect him to be the son of someone who already lived in the tower, I wouldn't mind if it's just his own strength and not something given by his bloodline though.

i like that idea, for now i suppose we might just get into a hiatus nd i just hope we ll get a time skip or a big leap in baams powers

naruto-niichan
January 07, 2012, 01:51 PM
btw, about the HxH ToG conection:

I agree partially.
You can clearly see a similar progression for both couples, koon knows stuff about the world, baam doesnt, but baam awes koon because baam is everything koon would like to be, ying and yang style.

but that was it.

Gon is DEFINITELY not like Baam, gon has absolutely no problem with killing people in a fight, even if he tries to avoid it, he also had no problem to use komugi and sacrifice her life so he could get his revenge.
Baam would never do that, he is cutie pie, and the only time he thought about killing someone was with that monster in the second test, which is clearly a whole other matter than killing humans (baam didnt even know that monster has any emotions).

While gon is way darker than baam, koon is darker than killua.
Koon likes baam and wants to keep him as his friend, but koon uses his friends, and koon never stopped to see baam as a tool.
A tool he likes and wnts to keep in good shape, but still.
It's his inner conflict and charakter developeent to accept true friendship, probably.

Killua however is very self sacrificing towards gon.
He follows gon everywhere, does the cleanup for gon's escapades and as it is yet killua never had an own plan or goal to follow.

Koon would never do that, he has his own goal and if anyone stands in between him and his goal he is going to eliminate him.

I tend to disagree.

What would Baam do if someone killed Rachel? He would most likely do the same as Gon, trying to get Revenge. Both are kindhearted but you can't avoid the thought of revenge when you lost someone close to you. Kaitou and Rachel may not be that comparable but both are/were very important persons to Gon/Baam. I could very well imagine acting similar when something like in HxH happens in ToG (at least if it would have been before the betrayal, dunno how things will develop from now on).

Koon is the same as Killua. First he only had interest in Baam but still would have used him if necessary, later he develops a strong friendship to him (very similar to the Gon and Killua) and even is willing to sacrifice is own goals.

Prove for me is when Koon said something like "I will definitely bring Rachel to the Top because that is what Baam wished for". We don't know much about Koons goals but that strongly sounded like he will do everything to help Rachel because that was Baams wish/dream.

So the 4 characters (or their development) seem pretty similar, I don't mind though as they do have their own special traits.

shionoro
January 07, 2012, 09:21 PM
When he tried or threatened to kill Lahel Baam did not hate Ho, nor did he want to kill him.
We dont know what would happen if someone did that.

Gon deliberately puts other ppl at risk for his own progress, he always acts very selfishly so he can get stronger or do what he wants.

Firstly, we do not know whether Koon just SAID that.
You know that koon is a bastard towards his team in the hide and seek test and he still acted sad after it.

You totally do not know whether he just used the situation to get all those people together so he has a strong team, i would not put it beyond hi.

Killuah never EVER thought about using Gon, not in one single instance.
He followed Gon everywhere and always had to look after gon when he would endanger himself.

Koons plans change whenever it suits him.

And as i said, with SIU's writing you never know whethe ra nice char won't backstab you in the next second.

Another thing dividing baam and gon is that baam genuinely cares for EVERYONE. Bam does not betray, baam does not kill, baam does not fight without a VERY good reason for it and even then very reluctantly and he mourns the deaths of strangers like ho who just betrayed him.

Gon actually enjoys fighting, and if someone dies in a fight vs him he couldn't care less.
Btw, i do not think you can comapare the kaito situation to the situation if someone killed Lahel.

Lahel is the only friend baam ever had for a long time, the mother, father, sister and friend, he went through the tower and hard tests for her, puts his life at risk een though she ran away from him deliberately.
and then someone threatened to kill her and Baam did not een get angry at that person, he mourned HO's death at his funeral.

I am not sure whether baam ever felt vengeful feelings.

Gon however did not only kill the person who killed kaito WHILE KAITO CLEARLY KILLED ANTS FIRST (so pitou had a reason to go against him), he also did not care for a little innocent girl who would die. as long as he'd would get his revenge he was totally indifferent to what would happen to komugi.

that's s th the baam in tog we know would not do after 1000arcs of character developement.

The only clear similarity is that both coupes are rather young boys while the one has dark and the other one light hair, and that in both stories one of those chars is rather innocent and naive and the other one is rather twisted andknows much about the world.

ErosVp
January 08, 2012, 10:51 AM
I think Baam is Gon pretty similar from the beggining Gon. Let's remind HxH is around for quite some time and the characters evolved, I don't know how Baam will act now after Rachel betrayal, I think he will be more darker than Gon after Kaito death!

AND of course we were saying the characters had many similarities, but ToG and HxH are two completely differents works and the Gon/Baam are not the same character with different skins, but until now they have more things in common (in their personality) than differences...

I would like to say Headon and Yu Hansung are really pleasing me with all this conspiracy and misteries of them!!

Host Samurai
January 08, 2012, 12:52 PM
When he tried or threatened to kill Lahel Baam did not hate Ho, nor did he want to kill him.
We dont know what would happen if someone did that.

Gon deliberately puts other ppl at risk for his own progress, he always acts very selfishly so he can get stronger or do what he wants.

You know that Gon is a impulsive, stubborn and selfish person but deliberately putting his comrades life in danger it's a strong word there. IMO he does it unconciously due to his nature that's why, Tsetzugera scolded him in Greed Island for his actions after the duel against Raizor.

Firstly, we do not know whether Koon just SAID that.
You know that koon is a bastard towards his team in the hide and seek test and he still acted sad after it.

Koon said it, here chapter 75 (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/63476/tower-of-god_ch75_by_the-company) for reference. Koon manipulated the team into thinking that he is a bastard Rak saw through his act.

You totally do not know whether he just used the situation to get all those people together so he has a strong team, i would not put it beyond hi.

He did it for Baam and Lahel's sake in order for both of them to climb the tower together because everyone still assumes that she can't use her legs. That's why they gathered a team in the first place to compensate for their weakness.

Killuah never EVER thought about using Gon, not in one single instance.
He followed Gon everywhere and always had to look after gon when he would endanger himself.

No even much worse. Killua thought of Gon as a plaything just like Illumi mentioned it to him IIRC (I will look the chapter up for reference). He kept refering to him as his light and realized it after he removed Illumi's needle, that's why he wants a sincere apology from Gon due to his selfish actions.

Koons plans change whenever it suits him.

And as i said, with SIU's writing you never know whethe ra nice char won't backstab you in the next second.

Another thing dividing baam and gon is that baam genuinely cares for EVERYONE. Bam does not betray, baam does not kill, baam does not fight without a VERY good reason for it and even then very reluctantly and he mourns the deaths of strangers like ho who just betrayed him.

I completely agree about Baam but not about Gon. The only thing that Gon genuinely cares about are his friends but the thing that you mentioned about Baam apply for Gon as well.

Gon actually enjoys fighting, and if someone dies in a fight vs him he couldn't care less.
Btw, i do not think you can comapare the kaito situation to the situation if someone killed Lahel.

I think that's the other way around. IIRC he was pissed off at Killua because he wanted to throw his life away when they were captured by the Ryodan. He doesn't want his friends to suffer but wouldn't care if he suffer himself, that speaks for Gon's character. Of course you can compare the two of them, both paved the way for their journey.

Lahel is the only friend baam ever had for a long time, the mother, father, sister and friend, he went through the tower and hard tests for her, puts his life at risk een though she ran away from him deliberately.
and then someone threatened to kill her and Baam did not een get angry at that person, he mourned HO's death at his funeral.

I am not sure whether baam ever felt vengeful feelings.

For Gon the same things apply as well except for the mother/sister figure. Kaito is his role model, father/brother figure and most importantly his mentor. But the main difference is that the one threatened the other while in Gon's case his role model got killed and to make things even worse was used to train the ants. His corpse was defiled beyond repair...

Gon however did not only kill the person who killed kaito WHILE KAITO CLEARLY KILLED ANTS FIRST (so pitou had a reason to go against him), he also did not care for a little innocent girl who would die. as long as he'd would get his revenge he was totally indifferent to what would happen to komugi.

Gon killed for the very FIRST TIME with the intent to do it. You do know that the Ants killed the humans first when they went out to gather food for the Queen and Kaito did what a Hunter got to do, which was to exterminate his enemies. Now to Komugi's case, which I found really well done. The situation at hand was the opposite - Gon threatened Pitou to kill Komugi if she tries anything that doesn't involve Kaito's healing. Because at that time Komugi's existence was important to Pitou just like Kaito was to Gon. That is what made Gon dangerous he was able to adapt quickly. Ah yeah, both Baam and Gon are considered dangerous beings due to their fast growth as well. And both have a screw loose in their head.

that's s th the baam in tog we know would not do after 1000arcs of character developement.

The only clear similarity is that both coupes are rather young boys while the one has dark and the other one light hair, and that in both stories one of those chars is rather innocent and naive and the other one is rather twisted andknows much about the world.

I think that I've to join your conversation too. :D

naruto-niichan
January 09, 2012, 01:32 PM
I think that I've to join your conversation too. :D

that featured pretty much everything I wanted to say, thanks Haho :hee

anyway, I believe that Baam/Gon and Koon/Killua are very similar, I don't mind it though because there are differences.

And now I'm looking forward to the new characters who will appear in the next season :D

shionoro
January 09, 2012, 08:32 PM
i don't know whether we are allowed to talk about that matter any more than that in this threat since it's off topic, but i guess i will answer, tho <:

I don't agree with Killuah looking at gon as a plaything (but you said it was mentioned in the manga so i will wait for you looking it up i guess <:), and killuah wants an appology from gon for disregarding him, because killuah didn't feel like gon was looking at him as a friend and partner since gon went on a 'solo mission'.

At least i interpreted it like that.

Kolluah follows gon, who chases after ging.

While you could compare baam chasing after lahel, as some ppl do, i dont think that is a real similarity.
Lahel DEFINITELY is not like ging.
Baam follows rachel because he wants her back and wants to live peacefully with her and the few friends he made until now (possibly), and now that he was betrayed, that dream got crushed.

gon chases after ging because he feels like his father wants him strong and gon wants to see the world and have adventures and whatnot.
Gon deliberately takes any risk to get stronger or act regarding to 'ging's will' in greed island.

that's something Baam would not do, baam would not fight anyone, would not have any adventure and would not take any risk if it is not ABSOLUTELY necessary to follow lahel or make her go to the top.

He is strong in his will as gon is, but the situations in which baam goes all out are different and only if it is totally unavoidable, while gon loves those situations.

As for 'gon cares about his enemies':

When knuckle told him to punch him, it could have possibly been life threatening to kuckle, and i REALY DOUBT gon would do more than shrug since knuckle told him to punch him. Baam would never attack anyone seriously even if that person told him to do so.

As for Koon: I know koon did betray his team for his 'real team' to pass.
But what tells us he wont abandon his 'real team' if it is necessary? Up until now, everyone was a tool to hm.
He has mixed feelings for baam and certainly likes him, but he is a twisted mind and i might not last longer than the next good oppurtunity to do something fishy.

And this is where both couples differ:

Koon and Baam have own goals in life (which differ from their HxH conterparts a lot) and while killuah mostly follows gon arround, in ToG we rather have koon thinking of baam as his most precious partner until now at the border to 'friendship' possibly and baam liking anyone who does not seem 100% evil anyway.

I agree tho that we dont know that much about baam and koon's developement yet, but i still cannot agree with the great similarity of those 2 works.

We have a boy couple which ahs to do tests, that is a smiliratiy, and one is rather naive , the other rather twisted but got knowledge.
Aside from that they are totally different.

careful, spoiler:

i dont know how to do spoiler tags so dont read it if you wanna wait fo the next chapter in january;

From what the spoilers from the next chapter gave us, baam and koon wont meet for a long long time <:

ErosVp
January 15, 2012, 01:22 PM
Let's vote for the best manhwa award (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/74136-Best-Manhwa-Manhua/page3) guys! Imagine all the new fans we will get when we defeat Breaker!!!

k-dom
January 16, 2012, 09:12 AM
Well the awards already gave us some new readers, that's quite great. But it's true a win would be great. I'm not sure it will be easy though.

Host Samurai
January 16, 2012, 10:43 AM
Well the awards already gave us some new readers, that's quite great. But it's true a win would be great. I'm not sure it will be easy though.

That's why we need to keep promote it. Let the ToG community grow even further!! :derp

I will do my part as well, since I'm part of ToG Musketeer. :mono

ErosVp
January 16, 2012, 10:53 AM
That's why we need to keep promote it. Let the ToG community grow even further!! :derp

I will do my part as well, since I'm part of ToG Musketeer. :mono

When we get some new regulars we will be considered Rankers!!

shaheer
January 16, 2012, 11:21 AM
Hey ter Host and Eros :D
i was off to st martins (http://www.thedailystar.net/starinsight/2008/04/01/im03.jpg), the most famous island of BD. Thats as far as BD land claim goes, it was hell fun :D. the Sea the BarbQs nd the journey
Any ways i checked the teaser to 79 nd the theories of twin childs and Yuri face off with Koon princess. All i can say is its what i was wating for
season 1 was all abt aquaintng the environmenet and the TOG universe, we ll go mainstream from season 2
wish SIU showed BAAM
hope he was levelup fair enough to give him an edge over the monsters (human nd others lol) who doesnt want him to climb the tower
given the precautionary measures Yu hansun is taking it seems that there are to many and they are too strong to fight against directly b4 baam is ready

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

any one thinks that Baam will learn wake controlling from the red haired guide he is with and become a decent wave user in the time gap?
i wish SIU dont pull of a naruto and show that even after 2.5 yrs all he can do is a bigger paralysing flow

shaheer
January 16, 2012, 12:40 PM
shouldnt we sift it to hangout thread or sth?

Few of the OT Posts moved here

ErosVp
January 28, 2012, 01:09 PM
Damn! SIU changed Baam image from the blog to an image of the prince! Can someone get that previous image for me? I wanted to use it for avatar when i got bored of this one....

Jammin
February 08, 2012, 04:51 PM
Just gave this series a try. And I love it! The characters are so well done and the art is fantastic, I'm completely hooked.

Though going forward I'm a little apprehensive about what Baam is going to be like coming out of this time-skip. I REALLY don't want to see him come out all broody and dark. There was such a simple honest charm to him that made him instantly endearing and really glued the cast of diverse, insane, and often dark characters together.

So here's to hoping Baam's signature kindness survived his tragedy.

naruto-niichan
February 08, 2012, 05:02 PM
Just gave this series a try. And I love it! The characters are so well done and the art is fantastic, I'm completely hooked.

Though going forward I'm a little apprehensive about what Baam is going to be like coming out of this time-skip. I REALLY don't want to see him come out all broody and dark. There was such a simple honest charm to him that made him instantly endearing and really glued the cast of diverse, insane, and often dark characters together.

Maybe you wanna make reviews for this series too? :zomg glad to have you on board either way Jammin, looking forward to some interesting discussions!

And I agree, I don't want Baam to be kinda dark and emotionless now. It would be too much out of character, he never seemed like the revenge type to me. If he really changed I guess the prince will (try to) take his place as the kind character. It looks like he's a kind guy too, just a bit more straightforward than Baam.

Jammin
February 08, 2012, 05:42 PM
Maybe you wanna make reviews for this series too? :zomg glad to have you on board either way Jammin, looking forward to some interesting discussions!

And I agree, I don't want Baam to be kinda dark and emotionless now. It would be too much out of character, he never seemed like the revenge type to me. If he really changed I guess the prince will (try to) take his place as the kind character. It looks like he's a kind guy too, just a bit more straightforward than Baam. I could definitely do reviews. Maybe not quite every chapter, like I do Noblesse, but I can definitely do some. Maybe and the end of every arc or something like that.

I'll definitely be sticking around for more of this series though. The character work in Tower of God is just so brilliant. Anak, Androssi, and Yuri are all just such great characters. Each is so unique and fun to watch. And the other characters really aren't far back in terms of quality and when you throw them all together no matter what they are doing it's something you just can't wait to see. Especially when they encounter Baam who is a character equipped with a gentleness that none of them really know how to deal with. It's sooo good.

phio_chan
February 08, 2012, 11:17 PM
Welcome, Jammin! I'm glad to see one more addition to the line of fans of Tower of God~ :toc

To be honest I don't really think he would be able to change that much. Surely he must've been hurt from that tragedy with Rachel, but no matter what Baam is still Baam and I don't think his hatred (if that's what it is, since sometimes to my eyes it only looks like curiosity mixed with anger, not that far as hatred) would totally consume him. There would still be parts of the old him somewhere...

Jammin
February 09, 2012, 12:17 PM
I know what you mean and I think your probably right....but I'll just feel better when I see something that assures me that, despite everything that he's gone through and how much time has passed, Baam is still the character I know.

Because I really think a lot of characters this series have built up need him to be that person. Androssi, Yuri, and Koon in particular; and the rest of the cast in varying degrees. The tower seems to be a place where everybody is expected to be ruthless and the fact that he just isn't makes him something special. And watching others get drawn to, and be inspired by, that gentle way of his is one of the great delights of this series and I REALLY want that to continue.

---------- Post added February 09, 2012 at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was February 08, 2012 at 11:39 PM ----------

Out of curiosity how often does Tower of God release and is their typical scanlation schedule?

phio_chan
February 09, 2012, 12:23 PM
Out of curiosity how often does Tower of God release and is their typical scanlation schedule?

Similar to Noblesse, it's weekly. I'm not sure about the day, though... I think around Friday for my timezone? As for scanlation schedule, I never paid attention to it. I usually just check regularly around 3-4 days after the release of the raws or checking here since everyone is usually so quick; they don't release it right the next day after the raw comes out. ^^;

k-dom
February 09, 2012, 12:53 PM
No the raw is on monday in Corea, here in France it's available on Sunday afternoon. The scanlation is irregular but it's generally available in the week after the raw is out.

Charlie
February 09, 2012, 02:29 PM
The release time can vary from what I can recall. I do not believe there is a "regular" schedule for the scans from the company. Most of the time scan chapters are out within a week or so. I have not paid attention to any recent changes from them regarding Tog. I just read the scans when someone posts that the chapter is out on the tog forum / chapter thread. :p

Regarding the raw in Korea, as k-dom mentioned, the raw is out in Korean as soon as the clock strikes 12 am in Korean time on Monday.

k-dom
February 09, 2012, 02:52 PM
As you can see on Mangaupdates (http://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.html?search=55901&stype=series), release are far from regular...

LoS
February 13, 2012, 04:28 AM
Okay, I've only done a once over of this series, and haven't immersed myself in the ToG world too much to iron out all the details and familiarize myself on all the names, but I have a few questions I would like some clarity on. Thanks in advance.

Has the author changed his mind midway through this series? As in, was he always intending to have Rachel betray Baam forcing him to join the side trying to revolutionize the hierarchy of the tower?

Knowing what we know now, if the first test administrator, Headon, was in cahoots with the 2nd floor test director and at least Yu Han Sung's intention was to have Baam hidden from the eyes of the Zahard, was Headon truly intending to have Baam pass? Yu Han Sung's intentions are in league with the one Princess trying to get the Prince on the throne, to sew chaos and disrupt the workings of the Tower. Yu Han Sung wants to keep an irregular, like Baam, with immense potential hidden from the Zahard to transition to the Prince on the throne, but if all this is true then why was Headon's test so difficult? He couldn't have possibly known Yuri would not only show up but also lend Baam her weapon?

Was Headon's deal with Rachel just to have her play the loyal part until the betrayal, so it forces Baam down the path Headon and Yu Han Sung want?

Headon supplied the giant Red spear fighter to ensure that Rachel would continue passing and eventually meet up with Baam with the help of Yu Han Sung who put the two teams in the same test. But Yu Han Sung even if he supplied the red haired Guide I can't quite understand what exactly happened in the Crown game. The Guide was in league with Rachel, but did Yu Han Sung know for certain that the Guide would be able to get past Androssi and threaten Rachel forcing Baam to get off the throne and protect Rachel? The Guide seemed to be having an awfully tough time getting past Androssi, and Androssi was part of the team set up by Yu Han Sung. So if the director wanted Baam to be forced into protecting Rachel why did she give Rachel such a powerful partner to protect her in Androssi?

Was the Shinsoo explosion from Baam that injured the Guide just an oversight in all of their calculations, and they didn't expect such things from Baam?

What is the difference between the Walhaiksong and the group trying to appoint the Prince? They are both against the current ruling, and even have Princesses backing both sides? Both don't care about using the strength of Irregulars to upset the balance of power either.

k-dom
February 13, 2012, 05:22 AM
Has the author changed his mind midway through this series? As in, was he always intending to have Rachel betray Baam forcing him to join the side trying to revolutionize the hierarchy of the tower?

From the author comments and the quality of the chapters so far, we can tell without many doubts that SIU has a very good idea of his story so far and where he want to get it to.
If you haven't already, I strongly recomment you the reading of the Authors blog translation thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/74406-Tower-of-God-s-Author-Blog-Entry-Translations), it has many extra info on ToG
As for your other questions, we can only speculate so far.

AluminumTough
February 22, 2012, 12:52 AM
I was looking through this forum yesterday, I saw "Tower of God"...I had an odd feeling come over me-like this was something I should read. Once I started reading it I couldn't stop. I read straight through it and I am severally disappointed there isn't another two-hundred chapters to read. This isn't the most ground breaking universe ever created, however, the reader can clearly tell that the author has thought out the universe and the story...very interesting story.

I'd like to thank those in this thread that answered when ToG is released...It would be devastating to my heart if I didn't know this.

Charlie
February 22, 2012, 02:32 AM
I was looking through this forum yesterday, I saw "Tower of God"...I had an odd feeling come over me-like this was something I should read. Once I started reading it I couldn't stop. I read straight through it and I am severally disappointed there isn't another two-hundred chapters to read. This isn't the most ground breaking universe ever created, however, the reader can clearly tell that the author has thought out the universe and the story...very interesting story.

I'd like to thank those in this thread that answered when ToG is released...It would be devastating to my heart if I didn't know this.

Welcome to mh and the tower of god section. :party Glad to have ou on-board with us! See you around in the chapter discussion threads.

murtas
February 23, 2012, 07:46 AM
Okay, I've only done a once over of this series, and haven't immersed myself in the ToG world too much to iron out all the details and familiarize myself on all the names, but I have a few questions I would like some clarity on. Thanks in advance.

Knowing what we know now, if the first test administrator, Headon, was in cahoots with the 2nd floor test director and at least Yu Han Sung's intention was to have Baam hidden from the eyes of the Zahard, was Headon truly intending to have Baam pass? Yu Han Sung's intentions are in league with the one Princess trying to get the Prince on the throne, to sew chaos and disrupt the workings of the Tower. Yu Han Sung wants to keep an irregular, like Baam, with immense potential hidden from the Zahard to transition to the Prince on the throne, but if all this is true then why was Headon's test so difficult? He couldn't have possibly known Yuri would not only show up but also lend Baam her weapon?

Was Headon's deal with Rachel just to have her play the loyal part until the betrayal, so it forces Baam down the path Headon and Yu Han Sung want?

Headon supplied the giant Red spear fighter to ensure that Rachel would continue passing and eventually meet up with Baam with the help of Yu Han Sung who put the two teams in the same test. But Yu Han Sung even if he supplied the red haired Guide I can't quite understand what exactly happened in the Crown game. The Guide was in league with Rachel, but did Yu Han Sung know for certain that the Guide would be able to get past Androssi and threaten Rachel forcing Baam to get off the throne and protect Rachel? The Guide seemed to be having an awfully tough time getting past Androssi, and Androssi was part of the team set up by Yu Han Sung. So if the director wanted Baam to be forced into protecting Rachel why did she give Rachel such a powerful partner to protect her in Androssi?

Was the Shinsoo explosion from Baam that injured the Guide just an oversight in all of their calculations, and they didn't expect such things from Baam?

What is the difference between the Walhaiksong and the group trying to appoint the Prince? They are both against the current ruling, and even have Princesses backing both sides? Both don't care about using the strength of Irregulars to upset the balance of power either.

I remember the author seeing at the end of season 1, that at the hands of the TOG season 1 sucess he had second thoughts to follow his original plan (which was rachel betraying baam and the upcoming plot.), but then he went through with his original plan, because he wanted to be faithfull to himself and how he envisioned TOG.

Surely i'm glad he plans the series so much before hand, thats why the plot is so good and the setting so detailed.
That is revealed in the overall quality of the series, that and he doesn't break into the pressure of popular demand. :)

mup
February 25, 2012, 12:56 AM
i have a questions are we safe from viz i dont want to see tower of god being torn down from the internet just because they are not making money off it i read that viz ask mangastream to take down the shonen three so are we safe

Jammin
February 25, 2012, 01:42 AM
i have a questions are we safe from viz i dont want to see tower of god being torn down from the internet just because they are not making money of it i read that viz ask mangastream to take down the shonen three so are we safe Short answer, "your safe".

Long answer, I'm fairly sure ToG and most manhwa aren't licensed outside of Korea, as long as nobody paid for the license nobody has the authority to request it be pulled. Though even if the webcomic creators could sell the rights I'm not sure they would want to, Naver could just throw up an English version of the site and offer an official reader for the scanlators. I think most groups would happily use that and Naver and to creators would get the money from adds and such.

That's the great thing about webcomics they don't need distributors like Shueisha and Viz because the internet allows them to reach the world just as easily as those publishers can.

k-dom
February 25, 2012, 06:05 AM
Hehe we have many manhwa licenced in France (Well many may be a big word) but so far I don't think it concerns coloured web comics. But the breaker is published for sure.
The policy of daum and naver seems to be different since daum printed chapters are not free while naver ones still are. But I agree we don't have to worry too much yet.

Jammin
February 25, 2012, 10:30 AM
Print comic are a whole other matter.

But with Webcomics selling the distribution rights just doesn't make sense. Mainly because when the publisher they sold it to(lets say Viz as an example) tries to distribute it they would do so online, which would mean they would be competing with Naver; even inside Korea. That doesn't work for anybody.

It's one of the big reasons there hasn't been a huge online push for manga, because if they did that Japanese people would be able to access it to and it could potentially undercut the original publisher Shueisha. The best method would probably be for Shueisha themselves to distribute it worldwide but they can't because they already sold the distribution rights to companies like Viz; so they can't sell their products in other countries without getting sued into oblivion. All this is true of printed manhwa too.

k-dom
February 25, 2012, 10:46 AM
I'm not sure i understands you. Successful web comics like breaker and noblesse are printed in the end. Like successful comic blogs in France are printed too. And paper manga are digitalized so that you can read them online.
Also Shueisha owns part of Viz so I don't think it's a problem for them to be concurrent. And while there is a different language english won't read naver and coreans won't read the english site so I don't see why they are concurrent in a first place

Jammin
February 25, 2012, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure i understands you. Successful web comics like breaker and noblesse are printed in the end. Like successful comic blogs in France are printed too. And paper manga are digitalized so that you can read them online. Webcomics can be printed in volume form but it's somewhat rare. Mainly because those are geared as collectables rather than a medium in for first time readers to experience the story. I mean, waiting for the collected volume doesn't make sense if it was available online for free. Which is why they may or may not be printed in the end depending on popularity.

As for digitized comics, their is a reason they were always priced higher than is reasonable or are digitized with a delay. It was to give the digital comics a competitive disadvantage so they don't have to worry about it sapping any customers from Suiesha and it's print distribution partners.

"Shounen Jump Alpha" for example is the biggest attempt at legitimate digital publishing, it's priced very reasonably too, but it still has only 6 series and a 2 week delay.

Also Shueisha owns part of Viz so I don't think it's a problem for them to be concurrent. And while there is a different language english won't read naver and coreans won't read the english site so I don't see why they are concurrent in a first place Viz Media has a weird ownership structure, it's jointly owned by Shueisha and Shogakukan, and has an odd history with it's owners; with both of them having a history of licensing series to Viz's competitors. So it's more complicated than you might think.

I'm not really sure what would happen if things went the other way and Shueisha or Shogakukan got undercut by Viz but I'm quite certain it wouldn't be pretty.

----------------------------------------------

Your right in that Korea wouldn't be a huge issue. The main risk would be losing english speakers but, outside of Korea, do you think more people would be likely to read the Korean version or the English version? English is the more common language. I can't imagine Naver, which is like the Korean Google, would be willing to let that profit go, when all they need to claim it is put up an English version of the site(which is not hard).

naruto-niichan
April 17, 2012, 12:57 PM
For all the ToG fans, don't forget to check out the new Tower of God Awards (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/1025-Tower-of-God-Awards)! :allthe

I will happily welcome you there :cheez

Kaiten
April 22, 2012, 08:31 PM
i have a questions are we safe from viz i dont want to see tower of god being torn down from the internet just because they are not making money off it i read that viz ask mangastream to take down the shonen three so are we safe

Don't forget that Tower of God and all web comics are posted for free in Korean, they are not intended to make a lot of money, but to promote Naver's website. From what I understand they do not mind if their comics are translated and distributed for free as long as a wait period is respected (24 hours, iirc) and a link to the original web comic is provided.

scav
May 11, 2012, 05:01 AM
caught up from chapter 78 to chapter 94 in one go. And that ToG part 2 is really good :gaw

shaheer
May 11, 2012, 09:49 AM
welcome back to the forum as a regular bro :)
so what do you think caused Baams paradigm shift apart from that utter betrayal?
i wager yu han sung and Hywa (whatever her name is) works for Fug and thus enacted this drama. during the 5 yr period Hywa ryung (what ever the sp is) fed him with negative emotions and took him to the FUG boss who trained him or sth.
Ofcourse Headon has to fit in the story some how(as it was his plan initially), but cant figure his role in making Baam into what he is

naruto-niichan
May 11, 2012, 12:21 PM
caught up from chapter 78 to chapter 94 in one go. And that ToG part 2 is really good :gaw

I hope you at least voted in the ToG awards dude? :p

so what do you think caused Baams paradigm shift apart from that utter betrayal?
i wager yu han sung and Hywa (whatever her name is) works for Fug and thus enacted this drama. during the 5 yr period Hywa ryung (what ever the sp is) fed him with negative emotions and took him to the FUG boss who trained him or sth.
Ofcourse Headon has to fit in the story some how(as it was his plan initially), but cant figure his role in making Baam into what he is

hmm who knows, I doubt Yu Han Sung had a big part in it. It's unlikely that he could travel with them and I'm not sure why Hwa Ryung should feed him with negative emotions. Only reason I can imagine besides the betrayel is that he needs to move secretly and thus was told to not get too close to any other climbers. He seems to mistrust everyone at this point of time so I think that's what really matters, I think and hope he will be back to his old self sooner or later.

shaheer
May 12, 2012, 12:21 AM
hmm who knows, I doubt Yu Han Sung had a big part in it. It's unlikely that he could travel with them and I'm not sure why Hwa Ryung should feed him with negative emotions. Only reason I can imagine besides the betrayel is that he needs to move secretly and thus was told to not get too close to any other climbers. He seems to mistrust everyone at this point of time so I think that's what really matters, I think and hope he will be back to his old self sooner or later.

well if we get to see him take another paradigm shift and be back to what he was then i hope the transition is not made in an overnight otherwise it would be lame

Jammin
May 12, 2012, 09:34 AM
I also doubt Yu Han Sung had anything to do with Baam's transition into Viole. Mainly because Yu Han Sung was only concerned with protecting the tower; which was the reason he gave for trying to keep Baam from climbing. So pushing Baam to climb as a part of F.U.G. wouldn't be constant with that.

As for Viole finding some of the Baam part of himself, it can't happen soon enough for me. I don't expect it would happen all at once but I want to see some cracks in his icy exterior, and the sooner the better. The silent badass thing is just boring to me and is hindering my emotional connection with Baam's character. I want to see him connect with one of these other climbers and then rebuild a personality off of that.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure how or why Baam got signed on to all this crazy F.U.G. business but to me the practical reality of the situation looks like it's going to be this...

Baam joined a cult.

F.U.G. is a religious organization. Baam found religion in his time of need, probably with full blown indoctrination. They gave him a new name and turned him into a crusader for the cause. He'll gets some companions and they will slowly eat away at his zealotism until the he stops thinking of himself as Viole and once again answers to the name Baam. Symbolizing that he has found himself once more.

To be clear, I HATE this idea! I hate it because I think Tower of God's time would be better spent focusing on something else.

shaheer
May 12, 2012, 10:03 AM
hmm Yu han sung had an exterior of protecting the tower but by the end of the season 1 we all got the vibe that there was more to him than what he showed outside.
he wanted Baam to climb the tower without the knowledge of the zahard and his henchman
now these arent what you expect from someone who is loyal to zahard and his rule in the tower

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

nd to be honest i really am opposite in terms of skeptism launched against Baams paradigm shift. sure i dont want him to be a mass murderer but i dont want him to be a sait nun either like cough ramen eater cough cough black cloaked katana wielder cough cough cough.
i want Baam to be more like kenshin who has seen the world want through transitions and became peaceful but in a matured way and is willing to go back to what he was if the situation demands it
so i welcome the change
nd it has been like what 12 chaps of viole? comparing that to roughly 50 chap worth of gubbleness from baam is quite an inferior match imo. I can tolerate more of 'i am a loner and i can kill " kind of baam for few more chaps

scav
May 12, 2012, 10:12 AM

i'm quite interested to what happened to him those five last years.I think it's not that simple cuz his personality totally changed. Seems like he really hate the zahard family. Can't wait for the flashback :x3

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

lol am i the only one who love baam new personality? :XD well too much show off but still better than the guy who doesn't have his own goal and motive and who do everything for a girl.

Jammin
May 12, 2012, 11:21 AM
@shaheer
I want to see Baam mature into something like that as well but the problem is that, right now, he isn't acting wise or mature. Part of wisdom is understanding the world around you and those in it. As Viole, Baam just seem to be doing his best to ignore those around him. As long as he's like this he cannot succeed as this type of character.

And I don't really think it can be said that we've had 12 chapters of Viole because Baam IS Viole; and Viole is Baam. Those 50 chapters of Baam you were talking about are as much a part of Viole as Baam.

@scav
Your definitely not the only person who likes him scav..... but I sure don't

I think he comes across as so much more shallow like this. Baam wasn't exactly Mr. Outgoing pretimeskip but he sought to understand people and through that mechanism we fans got to know both the people he was trying to get to know and Baam himself. As he effected them and they effected him.

Viole has lost that completely. He's fairly strong. He's focused. He's solitary. Which in the tower seems so....normal; and normal to me is boring.

As he was when he answered to the name Baam, he was also way more dangerous than he is now. He may be strong but he's a joke compared to Yuri, and as he was he carried the threat of causing people like Yuri to turn against the conventions of the Tower. There is little or no threat of him doing that in his present state.

shaheer
May 12, 2012, 12:27 PM
lol am i the only one who love baam new personality? :XD well too much show off but still better than the guy who doesn't have his own goal and motive and who do everything for a girl.

Nah i like it too. but i wouldnt like it if this goes on forever
that being said i dont want him to return to a state where he does everything for a girl :)

@shaheer
I want to see Baam mature into something like that as well but the problem is that, right now, he isn't acting wise or mature. Part of wisdom is understanding the world around you and those in it. As Viole, Baam just seem to be doing his best to ignore those around him. As long as he's like this he cannot succeed as this type of character.

And I don't really think it can be said that we've had 12 chapters of Viole because Baam IS Viole; and Viole is Baam. Those 50 chapters of Baam you were talking about are as much a part of Viole as Baam.

give him some time man, when RK started Kenshin was like 30+ or sth, when he was a teen ager he was used by many remember(very much similar to baam) ? part of growing up is to make mistakes go in different routes but if he has(which i am sure he has) some sanity inside of him he will change into a better man then he was in th estart

being a better man is not being selfless and all, the manga authors seem to think that being a bettre man is just to be selfless and being moronic
thats y most of the heros are like that.
we all know that Baam is not gonna be like this or if he is like this(ie holds an aim to kill zahard) then some how or another you will see that zahard is being portrayed in such a way that you ll begin to feel taht he needs to be killed lol

Jammin
May 12, 2012, 10:35 PM
give him some time man, when RK started Kenshin was like 30+ or sth, when he was a teen ager he was used by many remember(very much similar to baam) ? part of growing up is to make mistakes go in different routes but if he has(which i am sure he has) some sanity inside of him he will change into a better man then he was in th estart Could you elaborate? I'm curious where you see the similarity between Baam/Viole and Himura Kenshin because I don't really see it.

being a better man is not being selfless and all, the manga authors seem to think that being a bettre man is just to be selfless and being moronic
thats y most of the heros are like that.
we all know that Baam is not gonna be like this or if he is like this(ie holds an aim to kill zahard) then some how or another you will see that zahard is being portrayed in such a way that you ll begin to feel taht he needs to be killed lol I think understanding the world around him and doing what his character thinks is right is the only way for Baam to "be a better man" as you say.

This doesn't necessarily mean he should become a selfless hero, and it doesn't necessarily mean he shouldn't. If he wants to protect something he should work to protect it. If he wants something destroyed he should work to destroy it. The mark of a mature and wise character is when they understand what they protect and what they destroy; so that they can fully understand what it is they really want to do.

----------------------------------------------

As for "selfless heriosim", there is something I want to make clear.

You seem like your insinuating that it's inherently a bad thing and, if you are, I must say that I strongly disagree with that. That sort of thing is only bad when an author forces a character to do it for no reason; because that's bad writing. When a character sacrifices for something they believe in there is nothing moronic of naive about it, as long as they really do understand what they are doing and why.

shaheer
May 13, 2012, 03:52 AM
I'm curious where you see the similarity between Baam/Viole and Himura Kenshin because I don't really see it.

hmm i remember Kenshin to be a mad mass murderer when he was at his teen, living to kill for a higher purpose sith similar to baam(only in that aspect)

You seem like your insinuating that it's inherently a bad thing and, if you are, I must say that I strongly disagree with that. That sort of thing is only bad when an author forces a character to do it for no reason; because that's bad writing. When a character sacrifices for something they believe in there is nothing moronic of naive about it, as long as they really do understand what they are doing and why.
well i was talking about the bad writing part that you are talking abt
to me most of the shonen heros are like that
deliberately made dumb with a sharp/genius side kick (though the side kick doesnt fell that he is one) and super selfless
i want the heros to be more human like rather than being angels or saints

naruto-niichan
May 13, 2012, 05:49 AM
Interesting discussion, for the most part I can just agree with Jammin that's why instead of me participating I will give everyone a nice present :3c

ToG Comic by SIU (http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=inutero3334&logNo=140158974770&redirect=Dlog)

I laughed so hard at Yuri's reaction when she saw Baam :rofl really hope the Company will translate it and looking forward to the next comic.

oh and btw it looks like he's drawing that for the 9th Anniversary of Maplestory (a free to play MMORPG).

phio_chan
May 13, 2012, 10:32 AM
Interesting discussion, for the most part I can just agree with Jammin that's why instead of me participating I will give everyone a nice present :3c

ToG Comic by SIU (http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=inutero3334&logNo=140158974770&redirect=Dlog)

I laughed so hard at Yuri's reaction when she saw Baam :rofl really hope the Company will translate it and looking forward to the next comic.

oh and btw it looks like he's drawing that for the 9th Anniversary of Maplestory (a free to play MMORPG).

It looks so cute! I wonder what the conversations are about, though... The drawing is so cute that Yuri and Baam made me melt. :p

shaheer
May 13, 2012, 01:02 PM
it was a good one
nevertheless i am more interested in seeing the two meet now ie when Baam is viole and has a vendetta against all zahards
i really want to see baam meet androssi and yuri
will he still be bellicose in nature or will he melt a bit is a boiling question

naruto-niichan
May 16, 2012, 03:02 PM
@shahee that will definitely be an interesting encounter but I guess when they finally meet again it won't end in a fight, without Yuri he would have died right at the start

found a nice ToG MMV :zomg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wy4ZHeQcj2A

here are some more if you're interested: ToG Vids Thread (http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/5316-tower-of-god-manhva-music-videos/)

shaheer
May 17, 2012, 11:01 PM
@shahee that will definitely be an interesting encounter but I guess when they finally meet again it won't end in a fight, without Yuri he would have died right at the start

I dont think the author will make Baam meet Yuri when he is like this yea, but i hope the author makes Baam meet androssi. for some reason or other i am more interested in Baam gauging him against his old comrades(nd the strongest one is Androssi so....)
btw do you think Baam can levitate or glide like Laurie now?

kakashi65
May 18, 2012, 07:21 AM
nah, don´t think he can glide now, maybe in the future, but if he could do all the strong moves of others, he would be overkill, i mean he´s already pretty overkill now...
i also would like to see him in this form against androssi, but how should that happen? Either he will regain some of his good points and climbs up with the others or the rest of the crew of season 2 will be thrown away and he climbs up alone and later meets them again

shaheer
May 18, 2012, 07:35 AM
nah, don´t think he can glide now, maybe in the future, but if he could do all the strong moves of others, he would be overkill, i mean he´s already pretty overkill now...
i think its a basic/semi advance ability of the wave controllers, if that is the case then it shouldnt be hard for him to do it
seeing he can stop things in mid air as if the force is with him :p

naruto-niichan
May 18, 2012, 11:22 AM
Here it is, the Second Part of the ToG x Maple Story (http://inutero3334.blog.me/140159478120)

Looks so awesomely well drawn, we even get to see Viole :zomg The company definitely needs to translate this :shakefist

btw do you think Baam can levitate or glide like Laurie now?

Seems likely, Laure could already do it so I see no reason why Baam shouldn't be able to :nod

kakashi65
May 18, 2012, 01:05 PM
this looks awesome, baams appearance is from the second season, so are the appearances of the others from the second season too? I hope not, because i can´t wait to see their new looks, even if 5 years in the tower aren´t much and maybe they aren´t looking much different, I atleast want to so a change to some degree

naruto-niichan
May 20, 2012, 08:12 AM
The Maplestory got translated by northerncolors @mf

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/120518maplestory01.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/120518maplestory02.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/120518maplestory03.png/

"Light and Darkness, you're standing in between", I wonder if that's a hint for current Baam.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

this looks awesome, baams appearance is from the second season, so are the appearances of the others from the second season too? I hope not, because i can´t wait to see their new looks, even if 5 years in the tower aren´t much and maybe they aren´t looking much different, I atleast want to so a change to some degree

Agree with you there, I expect some changes in their appearance because it's the usual formula after a time skip. Hopefully it won't be too long until we see some of his old comrades :zomg

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

oh and if anyone is interested, here are the first two chapters of SIU's original and first TUS story.

TUS Chapter 1 (http://imageshack.us/g/692/022bc.jpg/)

TUS Chapter 2 (http://imageshack.us/g/825/000vc.jpg/)

Bhoot
May 26, 2012, 12:52 PM
Well I was reading ToG after quite some time [break coz of studies] , where I sorta remembered what Rachel's goal was : To see the night sky at its most beautiful tempest.

It got me thinking that for such a dream to exist , she must be void of the sky . So could it be that Rachel and all other climbers were actually from the underground [just like Baam] its just that maybe Baam started out in some lower civilization which got erased for some reason . I mean how could a child survive on its own in the underground w/o food/water . Also , the depth at which Baam was, was reachable by Rachel who isn't anything special . Secondly , for some reason , no one else ever went down there . Maybe Baam is the child of some ancient demon/monster or maybe I dunno