PDA

View Full Version : Hangout Tower of God Hangout

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

shaheer
May 30, 2012, 04:39 PM
good to see you back mate :super
any good theories on the new turns of TOG?
nd this reminds me of the old crowd where is Host samurai?

Charlie
June 02, 2012, 04:43 PM
Hello everyone - please welcome monsterguy to the section - he'll be modding here!

:confetti

Uriel
June 02, 2012, 06:10 PM
I salute the new mod. :D

shaheer
June 03, 2012, 05:10 AM
Monsterguy as a mod in the sec is a good decision, he has been discussing with us for some time now in da manhwa thread

naruto-niichan
June 07, 2012, 04:14 PM
Happy welcome Monster :confetti

ToG Comic by SIU (http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=inutero3334&logNo=140158974770&redirect=Dlog)

For anyone who's interested, LaFa made a raw translation of the comic above

Quant says that he has a big news.
That he got an offer to be in the new advertisement for 9th anniversary of Maplestory.
He says that he'll become the new supernova in that industry.

But the peeps don't like that.
People gather for an interview after hearing the rumour that Wolhaiksong is giving out wingtrees.

Rak says Banana instead of the medal/badge of wingtree.
Yuri says Out.

Second is Koon.
Good-looking, smart, and an okay appearance.
Battle power is rather lacking, but future seems promising.
Criminal records: Scam, Scam, Scam, Scam, Scam, Scam, Scam, Scam, Scam
Police

Third is Hatsu.
Family and specs are all so-so.
No criminal records.
She asks for something that he can do.

Senpuku.
Should I do it here?
Get the heck out.

4th Laure
Self-explanatory

5th candidate has unknown origin and mediocre specs.
Baam says Hi.
Pass.

Baam go the wingtree.

The End :D.

Nothing new but still quite funny :D

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fPY_4cIHGa4

A really well-made video of Tog :zomg beware, heavy spoilers ahead

kakashi65
June 08, 2012, 05:31 PM
It´s almost THAT day of the week again, am I the only one waiting for THAT day to come the whole week? :D

naruto-niichan
June 09, 2012, 06:08 AM
No, you're not the only one :D I'm really looking forward to it, especially because of SIU's spoilerish preview :mono

Monsterguy
June 09, 2012, 06:42 AM
It´s almost THAT day of the week again, am I the only one waiting for THAT day to come the whole week? :D

woah, you made me even more anticipating...:gaw:x3

I don't know what to expect from Baam(power wise), well he is an irregular of course...:XD

[hr]

if anybody knows action manga/manhwa with team work, that has similar / as great colorful art as ToG, I would really appreciate it...:derp

I think the closest are "Aflame inferno" and "Noblesse", but I don't know about others, any ideas...:confused

PS: Oh, "Undercity (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/76526-Webtoon-UNDER-CITY-by-Chobap)" also looks promising, but isn't translated more than at the begining, so I can't tell..:crying

shaheer
June 10, 2012, 05:45 AM
hmm colourful art is sth that i dun know, you might try Trace its decent, not as a good as the other 2 that you mentioned

k-dom
June 10, 2012, 06:37 AM
Well manga with colourful art will be hard to find :-)
I find that trace has a better art than Noblesse or ToG but the end of part 1 is questionable on a plot point of view. The second part may correct it but it is too early to say.
Magician has one of the best web comic art to find. I'm behind on the releases, the pace is kinda slow but if you like fantasy you will probably like it. Peak (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=72697) has very very good art but I don't know if it is what you search in term of 'action'
It's French but English community likes it and there are some parts in color Freaks' Squeele (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=74142), if you like humor and magic you will probably enjoy it a lot

kakashi65
June 22, 2012, 06:33 PM
I noticed that more and more newcomers show up in our TOG-Forum, first of all welcome to all of you. I think the reason the numbers are rising is because you people are just awesome, I myself like this TOG-comunity here very much and wanted to share this and thank you all for it :D yeah I know it got somehow gooey but guys keep up the good work *thumbs up*

naruto-niichan
June 23, 2012, 06:38 PM
A happy welcome from me too, always nice to see new members here :)

for anyone who's interested, I found an old draft from SIU. It's a draft from the first chapter of ToG:

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=comic_new&no=2236961

and a concept art for a high Ranker made by SIU:

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=inutero3334&logNo=140130351711

shaheer
June 23, 2012, 10:20 PM
ya that concept art of a High ranker was the one that some wiki user used in Enryus image box
we were all like what the hell ?!! where did that come from ?

kakashi65
June 25, 2012, 06:44 PM
After 20-21 chapters of season 2, with Baam saying approximately 5-6 words, I really did forget how it was when Baam was talkative, so I checked some older chapters and dude the difference between those characters hit me in the face. I was accustomed to him being quiet that I almost forgot what a character he was in the past. I didn´t expected that.

DarkLordOfKichiku
June 26, 2012, 12:46 AM
After 20-21 chapters of season 2, with Baam saying approximately 5-6 words, I really did forget how it was when Baam was talkative, so I checked some older chapters and dude the difference between those characters hit me in the face. I was accustomed to him being quiet that I almost forgot what a character he was in the past. I didn´t expected that.

Ouch, yeah, that's the case. I'm really hoping he'll be less of a clam after the events of the current chapter, but that remains to be seen, I guess. Hmm. It occurs to me so far, in Part 2, the one he has been speaking with the most is Yeon... :teehee

kakashi65
June 27, 2012, 01:53 PM
I just thought about what would happen if Rak and Teddy would meet.

Rak: Hey Turtle, I´m here to hunt you, let´s fight
Teddy: I won´t fight you, also I´m not a turtle
Rak: Have you a long life?
Teddy: We live in shinsoo, so kinda yeah
Rak: you´ve got a good memory?
Teddy: ... I guess!?
Rak: And I heard you´ve got a shell and under this shell is your real body
Teddy: ... you could say that, yeah
Rak: You´re absolutely a turtle, turtle
Teddy: Hey aligator, have you ever seen a "devil"?
Rak: what??
Teddy: I´ll show you the devil, that lives in my right arm!
Rak: I´m a fisherman, not an aligator
Teddy: ...(is this guy kidding me?)

0Xellos
June 27, 2012, 02:51 PM
Certainly, since we already know the outcome of Phantaminum vs Enryu, here's a new one: Rak vs Teddy! Enjoy! :D
Personally, I'd like to see Androssi vs Baam. Since Androssi was Baam's fighting mentor in pt1, it'd be nice to see her shocked about how much he's grown...

shaheer
June 28, 2012, 12:38 AM
i would love an androssi vs baam. we will really get to know how strong Baam has become then.
Btw is Rak vs teddy fair? Teddy is too strong imho

0Xellos
June 28, 2012, 04:39 AM
i would love an androssi vs baam. we will really get to know how strong Baam has become then.
Btw is Rak vs teddy fair? Teddy is too strong imho

We haven't seen Rak since pt1, and he's bound to get much stronger when going up the tower. So the point of Rak vs Teddy, is that we can't say who's stronger at all :D

kakashi65
June 28, 2012, 08:43 AM
We haven't seen Rak since pt1, and he's bound to get much stronger when going up the tower. So the point of Rak vs Teddy, is that we can't say who's stronger at all :D

I also think so, don´t underestimate the crocodile, even in the first test he was well acquainted with shinsoo and also was a strong one, but we have to see if he got stronger or not.

Baam vs. Androssi, would be a nice fight, I think they might be equal, if not that Baam is slightly stronger

Bhoot
June 28, 2012, 05:32 PM
Guyz just wondering ..... what is wangnan's position ?? I mean is a spear thrower or what ??

kakashi65
June 28, 2012, 06:45 PM
He's got a reel inventory, so maybe a fisherman??

shaheer
June 28, 2012, 10:33 PM
hmm a fisherman seems adequate, but he i think he lacks expertize in any department well enough to affect his fighting tech.
he fought by running away from viole while occasionally throwing bomb

0Xellos
June 29, 2012, 04:56 AM
Well whichever position he is, we can be sure it's not wave controller :teehee
Seems like a fisherman (no reason to have a reel inventory otherwise), although I'd say he's more fit to be a scout

naruto-niichan
October 09, 2012, 08:24 AM
A little offtopic but....

Please check out the new Community Awards 2012 (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/1037-Community-Awards-2012). It's a nice little event dedicated to all the awesome members here :mono

0Xellos
October 09, 2012, 08:46 AM
And even more offtopic: I just saw a supermarket... named Karaka!
Seriously, someone's a huge fan of TOG in my city :D

Monsterguy
October 10, 2012, 02:58 PM
Oh, I almost forgot, but let me point this out:

As you might have noticed the section of "Tower of god", has now it's own icon: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/images/icons/towerofgod.png

PS: All the credits for creating this icon go to Shinsatsu, respectively !!!

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

If you are wondering why this symbol for the icon, let me repost what I already mentioned:

What the symbol means we have no clue as of now(untill this day), but you should know that it appears to be the symbol that represents everything that is going on in Tower of God,

it appeared in Baam's cave
on Yuri's tie
Androssi's "hair clip" (to hide her little horn)
later on Wangnan's ring
most receantly on a FUG slayer's ring

even the author of "Tower of God" story(SIU) is using this symbol most of the times at the beggining of a chapter as background, to tell us the name of that particular arc !!!

TheBoss
October 12, 2012, 01:32 PM
The simbol means the 3 Lords Rule don't it? Idk where but I read it in the wiki I guess.

kakashi65
October 12, 2012, 04:18 PM
How was it? Was it like, Zahards word is over the word of the 3 Lords? Because if it isn't, maybe Baam's really the son of Zahard but the 3 Lords didn't want Baam to be an eyesore to their reign or they just didn't want him to be a potential risk with the power of a Zahard. And so they agreed to lock Baam up and Zahard couldn't do a thing...
But I think Zahards authority outrank that of the 3 Lords, but would still be intresting

shaheer
October 12, 2012, 10:15 PM
nah zahard is the absolute authority after the guardians.
The three lords came into power after zahard decided to be dormant.

naruto-niichan
October 28, 2012, 12:50 PM
The second round of the Community Awards Voting (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/1037-Community-Awards-2012) has started :arf

Please take a look and participate guys~

---------- Post added October 28, 2012 at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was October 23, 2012 at 04:41 PM ----------

The last round of the Community Awards Voting (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/1037-Community-Awards-2012) has started :arf

Please take a look and participate guys~ We need to the whole community to vote and decide for the rightful winner :mono

halfcrzy
October 29, 2012, 01:23 AM
Hey guys help me out here, SUI is taking 2 weeks off..? Does that mean he will be back nov 4 or will there be another week so like nov 11. Because im wondering is the last chapter was spose to be just a comedy and i dont know if he counts it. Then he technically has 2 weeks off before the next chapter is due so I want to know when my fix is coming back.

0Xellos
October 29, 2012, 09:28 AM
Even if the last chapter was an extra and a comedy, he counts it. It still takes work.

scav
October 29, 2012, 09:54 AM
waiting is hard as i became quite addicted to ToG lately, but he deserves it. So far the 2nd part is awesome

Hestia
October 29, 2012, 04:44 PM
Hey guys help me out here, SUI is taking 2 weeks off..? Does that mean he will be back nov 4 or will there be another week so like nov 11. Because im wondering is the last chapter was spose to be just a comedy and i dont know if he counts it. Then he technically has 2 weeks off before the next chapter is due so I want to know when my fix is coming back.

I don't think we will get it this coming weekend,but the next one we will. So yes the 11th. It is nearly unbearable but SIU deserves it, and it could have been two months. Unless he was joking when he said that.:smugbunny

TheBoss
October 29, 2012, 08:20 PM
I don't think we will get it this coming weekend,but the next one we will. So yes the 11th. It is nearly unbearable but SIU deserves it, and it could have been two months. Unless he was joking when he said that.:smugbunny
He is a master troll, yes Yu Han Sung I'm looking at you:-_-, But he is pretty serious when talking about taking some days off.
It's not like he earns lots of money by making ToG for naver, so he deserves lots of rest.
Where is the afterword that he comment about us, non-korean readers? Idk why but when I read it back in the day it seemed like he didn't like us xD

naruto-niichan
October 30, 2012, 03:40 PM
I miss ToG so much, seriously :scry the 2 week break is killing me, though I have to agree with the others - SIU definitely deserves a break.

Oh I so can't wait for the epicness that is going to unfold :wtf

0Xellos
November 01, 2012, 04:54 PM
GUWAAAAH!
Why must SIU torture me like this? I want my dose of TOG! :waah

Hestia
November 01, 2012, 07:00 PM
GUWAAAAH!
Why must SIU torture me like this? I want my dose of TOG! :waah

Yeah... I'm trying to think of ways that we can hibernate for the next 10 days, no luck yet :?bunny

Jammin
November 02, 2012, 12:31 AM
Yeah... I'm trying to think of ways that we can hibernate for the next 10 days, no luck yet :?bunnyI've always found the only cure for the agony of waiting is to start reading a new series to fill the void. There are tons of good series out there just waiting for you.

I'd be more than happy to throw out some recommendations if you'd like.:^_^

Hestia
November 02, 2012, 09:24 AM
I've always found the only cure for the agony of waiting is to start reading a new series to fill the void. There are tons of good series out there just waiting for you.

I'd be more than happy to throw out some recommendations if you'd like.:^_^

I'm just wondering if there's any other Manga/Manhwa that have a world similar to Tower of God at all ( rankings, floors, irregulars/regulars, items, shinsoo ) . Wouldn't have to be those things obviously but just that kind of feel. Idk if that makes sense. One piece is kind of like that with haki(shinsoo) and bountys(rankings) and people with d in their name(irregulars) legendary swords(items) :sanji

Jammin
November 02, 2012, 10:45 AM
I'm just wondering if there's any other Manga/Manhwa that have a world similar to Tower of God at all ( rankings, floors, irregulars/regulars, items, shinsoo ) . Wouldn't have to be those things obviously but just that kind of feel. Idk if that makes sense. One piece is kind of like that with haki(shinsoo) and bountys(rankings) and people with d in their name(irregulars) legendary swords(items) :sanjiThere is definitely not much out there that can outshine One Piece and Tower of God, especially since your awesome avatar tells me that you already read Noblesse; but I like a challenge.

Claymore (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/claymore-r303)

It's own mystical force is called Yoki.
It has numbered rankings.
Certain special beings, though maybe not in the way you might be looking for.
No legendary items though, sorry.

Downside: It's quite a bit more dark and violent than One Piece or ToG though so depending on your tastes that could be a problem.

The other series that jumps to mind is.

Fairy Tail (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/fairy-tail-r558)

It's view of magic is actually similar to shinsoo and haki in some ways.
Special items galore
As an added bonus is similar to One Piece in it's general fun loving attitude.

Downside: It's not quite as imaginative as One Piece or Tower of God and dramatic arcs are few and far between.

------------------------------------------

Then there is just my classic recommendation for anybody at any time.

The Gintama Anime (http://www.crunchyroll.com/gintama)

In my opinion this is the best anime adaptation out there and it's not at all close.
Much like One Piece it does both humor and drama extremely well.
256 episodes, at least 200 of which are amazingly good.

Downside: The non-amazing episodes are all near the beginning.

0Xellos
November 02, 2012, 11:22 AM
Let me add the (sadly on hiatus) Hunter x Hunter (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/hunter-x-hunter-r939).

Hestia
November 02, 2012, 01:23 PM
I love fairy tail and hunter x hunter. I've never read Claymore or seen Gintama so I will definatley check them out! Thanks for the suggestions :cheerbunny

Host Samurai
November 05, 2012, 01:05 PM
I had a Claymore marathon last weekend, and I have to say that this manga is damn impressive. It strongly reminded me of Berserk, which is actually a good thing. Now, that I've caught up with the latest release. I need new, manga recommendations. :D

k-dom
November 05, 2012, 01:54 PM
There are plenty of recommendation in the otoku finder forum or 'what are you read next' threads.
You can also have a look to the review section.

Jammin
November 05, 2012, 11:27 PM
I had a Claymore marathon last weekend, and I have to say that this manga is damn impressive. It strongly reminded me of Berserk, which is actually a good thing. Now, that I've caught up with the latest release. I need new, manga recommendations. :DClaymore is a great read. It's a pity the anime barly scratched the surface of all the good stuff that's there. If you give me what genre your looking for and a few characteristics of what you like to read I can probably recommend you something.

Here's a mish-mash of series I think are pretty good and randomly jump to mind at the moment.

Trinity Seven (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/trinity-seven-7-nin-no-mahoutsukai-r253)
Magic, Ecchi, Harem... which tells you most of what you need to know. It is a fun read though, if you don't mind the genre.

Superior (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/superior-r1388)
One of my personal favorites in the realm of fantasy. Art's not great(to say the least) but it strikes such strong emotional tones; and has one of my favorite female characters of all time in it.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/historys-strongest-disciple-kenichi-r6)
The most consistently underrated of the big manga's and one I just kind of assume everybody has at least tried. If not this should be first on your list. Hilarious and action packed with a ton of fun characters.

Great Teacher Onizuka (aka GTO) (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/great_teacher_onizuka/)
Another one I just assume everybody has read this but if you haven't you should give it a try. It's just a great read even, like me, you prefer more fantasy and action. It's a really good read.

Black Void
November 06, 2012, 02:11 PM
At the moment I read:

Magician (http://www.mangareader.net/1655/magician.html)

It's a story about two young people who meet the infamous mage Eldermask. After an event in their village, they start to travel with him.

First the Art Style is a little bit uncommon but later you'll get a liking of it :hee also there's a lot of fun -> Comedy^^ sometimes its a little bit ruthless but okay.

shinobi
November 06, 2012, 05:22 PM
I miss Tower of God!! few more days to go... sure the coming chapters are worth the time... ^ ^

I think I'll give Superior and Magician a shot too!! :D and I started thinking maybe I gave up in Claymore too soon seeing as most people find it a great read!!

mup
November 06, 2012, 07:22 PM
the anticipation is killing me only 4 more days to go :super

0Xellos
November 07, 2012, 02:42 PM
I had a Claymore marathon last weekend, and I have to say that this manga is damn impressive. It strongly reminded me of Berserk, which is actually a good thing. Now, that I've caught up with the latest release. I need new, manga recommendations. :D

A marathon? I had a sprint! :D
I usually have manga sprints since when I read the first few chapters and I find the work interesting, then I MUST read it till the end. TOG took me a night, I think (it was around the 80th chapter at that time).

Razh
November 07, 2012, 05:09 PM
It's been a while since I like a manga this much. Something about the world and setting. And it just keeps getting better. The comedy is just as good as the action, especially in part 2.

I read it all in 2-3 days (plus all author blog entries I could find). Listened to some liquid dnb. Had a great time.

Not sure whether to stop following it weekly or to wait for it to end and enjoy it all at once. Never had such a tough dilemma so far. (manga-wise)

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

I'm just wondering if there's any other Manga/Manhwa that have a world similar to Tower of God at all ( rankings, floors, irregulars/regulars, items, shinsoo ) . Wouldn't have to be those things obviously but just that kind of feel. Idk if that makes sense. One piece is kind of like that with haki(shinsoo) and bountys(rankings) and people with d in their name(irregulars) legendary swords(items) :sanji

I'm having the same problem now. Basically, I want to read another TOG. But since that's impossible...

Apart for others that were mentioned, there's Beelzebub. It's worth a read. Won't talk much about it.

And I recently discovered another manhwa, a webtoon, like TOG. Different theme, more realistic. But still a good read. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/city-of-dead-sorcerer-r3021

EDIT: As for Claymore, I never got to reading it since I hear most of the characters are women. Makes it hard for me to get involved completely.

mup
November 07, 2012, 08:43 PM
It's been a while since I like a manga this much. Something about the world and setting. And it just keeps getting better. The comedy is just as good as the action, especially in part 2.

I read it all in 2-3 days (plus all author blog entries I could find). Listened to some liquid dnb. Had a great time.

Not sure whether to stop following it weekly or to wait for it to end and enjoy it all at once. Never had such a tough dilemma so far. (manga-wise)

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

I'm having the same problem now. Basically, I want to read another TOG. But since that's impossible...

Apart for others that were mentioned, there's Beelzebub. It's worth a read. Won't talk much about it.

And I recently discovered another manhwa, a webtoon, like TOG. Different theme, more realistic. But still a good read. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/city-of-dead-sorcerer-r3021

EDIT: As for Claymore, I never got to reading it since I hear most of the characters are women. Makes it hard for me to get involved completely.

Really i am the opposite ever since i started reading TOG i have lost interest in any other shonen that how good TOG is for me Not sure you will be able to find something similar to TOG and welcome to the form and Naver webtoon i think you will find it refreshing

k-dom
November 08, 2012, 01:33 AM
Welcome Razh (I think it is one of the rare time I see you outside one piece section since I'm not in narruto and bleach ones :-)
For those who look for good fantasy adventure shonen don't hesitate to have a look to Magi, I would be surprised if you are disapointed. It's a lot better than your average shonen

Edit:btw I don't know when it happened but TOG beat FMA in the favorite shonen on mangaupdates !

Black Void
November 08, 2012, 06:33 AM
A marathon? I had a sprint! :D
I usually have manga sprints since when I read the first few chapters and I find the work interesting, then I MUST read it till the end. TOG took me a night, I think (it was around the 80th chapter at that time).

Welcome in the club. I did the same...around the same amount of chapters :) ToG is awesomes. It sucks you in ;)

naruto-niichan
November 08, 2012, 09:20 AM
Edit:btw I don't know when it happened but TOG beat FMA in the favorite shonen on mangaupdates !

Interesting news but not deserved yet. FMA was a masterpiece, something that can hardly be topped. I'm a die hard fan of ToG and I believe it's not impossible for it to reach FMA's level but it's too early to say. Not that I mind the hype around ToG though.

k-dom
November 08, 2012, 09:44 AM
Well that's mangaupdates notes. If you were to read only the best noted series, 70% of them would be Yaoi...

Razh
November 08, 2012, 10:46 AM
Really i am the opposite ever since i started reading TOG i have lost interest in any other shonen that how good TOG is for me Not sure you will be able to find something similar to TOG and welcome to the form and Naver webtoon i think you will find it refreshing

Well yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm not waiting for One Piece, Fairy Tail, HSD Kenichi, Bleach, Beelzebub or Naruto updates, I'm waiting for TOG. I mean the setting and the story is so extensive that you could easilly make an MMORPG out of it. The floors, the bosses, the rankers, the classes (and sub-classes). (And Koreans are probably just crazy enough to make one.)

zelllogan
November 08, 2012, 02:04 PM
+1. I don't feel any excitement waiting for the new One piece, Naruto, whatsover. I'm waiting the new ToG as well.

Black Void
November 08, 2012, 05:17 PM
Is there a good website for ToG Avatars/Signatures?

Uriel
November 08, 2012, 05:23 PM
I'm always expecting, but I've to admit that ToG is so well written that makes some other works a bit...Well, a lot more stupid.

Although I read each one of those for very different reasons, ToG makes me happy when HxH is on Hiatus :O

k-dom
November 08, 2012, 06:33 PM
Well One Piece is still my favorite by far. I could survive the 2 weeks break without to much worries. I must admit the second part impressed me less than the first one appart from the last chapters.
And I would also wish that the tests would take less part in the story from now. I understand it's suppose to go this way but the univers of TOG is so vast that it would be a shame if what we see of it is just tests. So far it's a bit like if we only had hunter exams in HxH or donjon hunting in Magi.

0Xellos
November 09, 2012, 06:31 PM
k-dom: Well the first part was on the floor of test, so it kinda comes with it that it was mostly about tests. But in the 2nd part, I don't feel like there's not enough non-test chapters.

TheBoss
November 09, 2012, 09:34 PM
Tests will always take a good chunk of the plot, because the story is all about showing us how climbing the tower really is. As it was us that were climbing it.
And the plot doesn't necessarily end when they finish all the tests, aka reach the "top" of the tower.
SiU has endless possibilities to explore, lots of cool characters and places to show us, so don't rush things and let the plot grow as it should be.

kakashi65
November 10, 2012, 04:31 PM
Welcome in the club. I did the same...around the same amount of chapters :) ToG is awesomes. It sucks you in ;)
Normally i do the same thing, but luckily this time I was around TOG, when it had like 5 chapters, I liked it from the very beginning, but loved it after ~70 chapters

I can't wait any longer, please SIU don't make any 2 week breaks anymore
half a day to go

naruto-niichan
November 10, 2012, 06:01 PM
Check this out guys:

http://inutero3334.blog.me/140171945268

No translation yet but we know that SIU tries to cheer up people because of the incoming Suneung. (College Scholastic Ability Test (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Scholastic_Ability_Test)).

Sounds quite harsh O__o

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Seeing that makes me believe that SIU is a really kind person, he has my respect.

shaheer
November 11, 2012, 09:12 AM
man i am bored without new chaps, just after we got to see Lero ro and Quaint

naruto-niichan
November 11, 2012, 09:39 AM
From SIU's twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6Xk64mCUAA4pry.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6ZeivGCcAEWavI.png

haha, can't believe it :XD that's not SIU though

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7Bw7m8CYAIH_qe.jpg

SIU in the tweet with the image: "Gyetang looks delicious..."

http://i.imgur.com/4VWlf.jpg

Tweet contained also: "I want some Rice Cake."

zales88
November 11, 2012, 10:06 AM
Well yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm not waiting for One Piece, Fairy Tail, HSD Kenichi, Bleach, Beelzebub or Naruto updates, I'm waiting for TOG. I mean the setting and the story is so extensive that you could easilly make an MMORPG out of it. The floors, the bosses, the rankers, the classes (and sub-classes). (And Koreans are probably just crazy enough to make one.)

I also like ToG maybe my second best (more than Naruto, Bleach .....) but my 1 place is for Noblesse (it's also a Korean Webtoon) if you don't know it check it (don't be repulsed by no dialog in the first few chapters)

Razh
November 11, 2012, 11:36 AM
From SIU's twitter

I saw that on Batoto forum couple of days ago. Don't really like that tattoo. If you're gonna do it right, save up some more money and make a bigger version. The one that would maybe make you shave your back hair, lol.

syx
November 18, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hey guys, what's up?

I started reading ToG two days ago (read all the chapters so far), because I got bored and disappointed with other series I follow.

To make a long story short -> It's really hard for me to describe how beautiful and brilliant ToG is in my eyes.

Due to my fast pacing there are things I don't really get/understand. I read the ToG-Wiki, but the wiki turned out to be more complex for me than I thought, lol.

So, if someone could explain me my questions in the simplest way possible, I would be very thankful.

1. The world of ToG:
Before I began reading ToG, I thought there exists a world (let's say a world like ours, I'm only talking about the geopraphie) and somewhere in this world there is this "magical" tower which you can climb up.
Is this assumption correct? I mean...
Where did people like Hatsu, Koon, Ship and so on live before they entered the Tower?
How do chosen regulars get to the tower, how do they get the info that they are chosen and can climb up the tower?

2. Inner Tower, Outer Tower, Middle Area:
The Outer Tower is described as a residential district. People live there and people are born in the Outer Tower.
Are people born in the Outer Tower already chosen regulars?
Or do they have to be chosen?
What happens if someone is born in the 65F of the Outer Tower and later chosen to climb up the Tower? Do those people climb up the Tower from the 65F or do they start from the second floor?

Rankers are allowed to use the Middle Area to travel between the floors. Koon (not a Ranker, I know) is currently on the 25th floor.
Is he allowed to use the Middle Area to climb up and down between the first and 25th floor?

3. Climbing the Tower in a Team:
Koon (and Rachel) seperated from the Team of Part 1. Now he "created" his own team, recruiting other regulars to climb up the Tower together. I don't quite understand that.
What's the point in forming a team? What is if the Test Director decides to split up the Team in two or more groups and therefore only one group can pass? You know what I mean?

4. Baang, Myun, Soo:
Out of these three, the only one I absolutely don't understand is Baang.
Can someone explain me what Baang is in a simple way using examples? I'm too dumb to understand the explanation in the manhwa or the wiki.
Thank you in advance!

Jammin
November 18, 2012, 05:19 PM
Hey guys, what's up?

I started reading ToG two days ago (read all the chapters so far), because I got bored and disappointed with other series I follow.

To make a long story short -> It's really hard for me to describe how beautiful and brilliant ToG is in my eyes.

Due to my fast pacing there are things I don't really get/understand. I read the ToG-Wiki, but the wiki turned out to be more complex for me than I thought, lol.

So, if someone could explain me my questions in the simplest way possible, I would be very thankful.

1. The world of ToG:
Before I began reading ToG, I thought there exists a world (let's say a world like ours, I'm only talking about the geopraphie) and somewhere in this world there is this "magical" tower which you can climb up.
Is this assumption correct? I mean...
Where did people like Hatsu, Koon, Ship and so on live before they entered the Tower?
How do chosen regulars get to the tower, how do they get the info that they are chosen and can climb up the tower?

2. Inner Tower, Outer Tower, Middle Area:
The Outer Tower is described as a residential district. People live there and people are born in the Outer Tower.
Are people born in the Outer Tower already chosen regulars?
Or do they have to be chosen?
What happens if someone is born in the 65F of the Outer Tower and later chosen to climb up the Tower? Do those people climb up the Tower from the 65F or do they start from the second floor?

Rankers are allowed to use the Middle Area to travel between the floors. Koon (not a Ranker, I know) is currently on the 25th floor.
Is he allowed to use the Middle Area to climb up and down between the first and 25th floor?

3. Climbing the Tower in a Team:
Koon (and Rachel) seperated from the Team of Part 1. Now he "created" his own team, recruiting other regulars to climb up the Tower together. I don't quite understand that.
What's the point in forming a team? What is if the Test Director decides to split up the Team in two or more groups and therefore only one group can pass? You know what I mean?

4. Baang, Myun, Soo:
Out of these three, the only one I absolutely don't understand is Baang.
Can someone explain me what Baang is in a simple way using examples? I'm too dumb to understand the explanation in the manhwa or the wiki.
Thank you in advance!Man, you ask some hard questions.:xp

Most of the stuff you asked I really don't have any answers to. Perhaps if you search the Wikia (http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Shinsoo)you can find some clues but, off hand, I just don't know the answers. If those answers have even been given out by SIU yet. I have theories on most of those things, but nothing concrete.

The only question I can answer with a degree of certainty is your last one...

Baang

(Taken from the Wikia (http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Shinsoo))

"The Baang is the basic unit of Shinsoo manipulation. The more Baangs one can control, the more skilled at manipulating Shinsoo one is judged to be. However, this does not mean one can manipulation greater Myun and higher Soo with many Baangs. As the number of Baangs increase, control becomes more difficult. Overdoing the handling of Baangs can physically and mentally exhaust the manipulator - in serious case, this may lead to death. If supported by a Lighthouse, the manipulation of the created Baangs can become much easier, but this does not mean the number of Baangs increases"

So, essentially, it's like a unit of measurement for ones ability to control Shinsoo.

Think of it like this. Let's say somebody creates a marble with Shinsoo. The number of marbles you could create would be measured by "Baang", each Baang would represent a single marble ; the more skilled you are the more marbles you can create and control. The size of the marbles would be measured by "Myun" and the hardness (or concentration of Shinsoo) would be measured by "Soo".

At least that's my limited understanding of the concept.:p

Razh
November 18, 2012, 05:24 PM
Well the easiest way to understand Room, or Baang if you will, is to look at it as a single spell. During the game of Tag, Quant was allowed to use only one Room during the test so that Regulars have more chance to pass. In the A test, he used the ability to hide in shadows and in the B test he "stopped" Baam to show him how to use it. If you can remember, Love was surprised Viole can use 2 Rooms at once. Viole stopped Love right after using his Shinsoo Wave attack, whatever it's called.

I read that Enryuu supposedly used 9000 Rooms at once. I imagine he created 9000 red Shinsoo spears which he's famous for.

Someone correct me if this is wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

syx
November 18, 2012, 06:29 PM
Ahhh I get it now. :mono Thanks you two! This Baang thing was really bugging me.

Man, you ask some hard questions.:xp
It's your fault after all. This is the second series I started reading because of your recommendation. :teehee

I didn't realize that the author gives additional information at the end of the chapters. That's something I found out too late. I thought the author maybe answered my questions already. But it seems that this is not the case yet.

Papael
November 19, 2012, 07:49 AM
There's a lot of info about ToG that may help you in Godai's blog in the wikia

http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:GoDai

kakashi65
November 20, 2012, 05:32 PM
Just read the webcomic Diamond Dust from Daum. And at their actual webcomic-page they have background music for some chapters, it's like the third or fourth manwha I read with background music, and I can really recommend that manwha, especially chapter 16 was awesome.
But I just thought, wouldn't it be awesome if SIU would also do it sometimes? At sinister places of the manwha a little bit of dark music to get in the mood or something? Do you guys think he'll do something like that maybe in the future?

ThatoneGuy1277
November 20, 2012, 08:11 PM
Just read the webcomic Diamond Dust from Daum. And at their actual webcomic-page they have background music for some chapters, it's like the third or fourth manwha I read with background music, and I can really recommend that manwha, especially chapter 16 was awesome.
But I just thought, wouldn't it be awesome if SIU would also do it sometimes? At sinister places of the manwha a little bit of dark music to get in the mood or something? Do you guys think he'll do something like that maybe in the future?

shit I hope so! If you look up naruto or bleach manga on youtube people get pretty fantastic with splicing in great music and camera scenes for them, and that's just for the manga. I hope someone starts doing that for TOG, I totally would if I had the program to do it. Shit if its free to DL I might still do it, anyone know of any programs that can do it? I'll give it a shot! :D

TheMoa
November 22, 2012, 09:48 AM
So rankers travel between floors trough the middle area, right?

Lero Ro needed 5 years to travel between the 2F and the 77F, while Yuri took only a few minutes to get from wherever she was to the 1F and watch Baam's test.
Now we are kind of expecting Lero Ro to travel form the 77F to the 30F in less then 2 years.
Did he took so many time because he was without a guide or going up takes more time than going down?

syx
November 22, 2012, 10:52 AM
So rankers travel between floors trough the middle area, right?

Lero Ro needed 5 years to travel between the 2F and the 77F, while Yuri took only a few minutes to get from wherever she was to the 1F and watch Baam's test.
Now we are kind of expecting Lero Ro to travel form the 77F to the 30F in less then 2 years.
Did he took so many time because he was without a guide or going up takes more time than going down?

Actually we don't know where exactly Yuri was, before she decided to move to the first floor.
But lets not forget that there is a huge difference between Lero Ro + Quant and Yuri + Evan. Both Yuri and Evan are High Rankers. Additionally Evan is not only just a Guide, the wiki also says that his ranking is in the top 100 amongst the Rankers (http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Evan_Edrok), which probably speaks volumes about his abilities as a Guide.

I really think that Guides are very important for traveling purposes.

Where is it mentioned that Lero Ro wants to go to the 30F?

TheMoa
November 22, 2012, 11:18 AM
It's a speculation. Mazino got interested and wanted to keep an eye on Viole, Wing Tree Koon got the call and asked Lero Ro and Quant to come along. So we(fans) are kind of expecting to see them around the 30F to look after Viole on the Workshop Battle.

But yeas, I'm also thinking about the importance of a guide.

noonethere
November 22, 2012, 11:24 AM
@syx
From what I know

SIU has actually created a universe where all his stories occur namely Talse Uzer Story. Tower of God is the first officially released story though not the first one. He wrote several stories all occurring in the same universe but deleted everything when he started ToG probably to avoid spoilers or to amend the original story line or because of the poor quality of the drawing. One of the story mentions does mention the earth but the more relevant one is the Tailse User Story which occurs a world similar to ours. This is what we learn:
- There is an intergalactic war
- There are normal peoples and Exes(superpowerful people with diffferent abilities- only an Exis can defeat an Exis
-Phantonium(the same Irregular in ToG,) is one of the top Five Exis(SIU later mentioned that he is the only Exis in ToG)
- On the planet where Tailse User lives, there are mysterious towers(heavily hinting at ToG) which students clean as a part time job. Whether all these towers each have a world as vaste as ToG or they are all inter related to form the world and level of Tog is unknown. Also I don't know if they are all found on one planet or on several planets
- No mention of Shinsoo

From this we can infer that some of the Irregulars might come from the Tailse User world/s especially those who did not know anything about the tower(e.g. Zahard complains about how the air was boogy in the Tower, indicating that he is not used to shinsoo environment) Baam and Lahel are weird since Lahel knows a lot about the Tower.

As for regulars, they all come from the Outer Tower and are chosen by Headon(based on Headon's own criteria). In the manhua there is a panel where Headon appears before one of the regular{the Ajumma who initially mocked Lessoo} and teleported her to the 2nd floor.So far all regulars know Zahard, so it's unlikely that they come floors above 134. Also all regulars start from floor 2 unlike Irregulars who start from floor 1.Note that each floor is as large as the American continent(both North and South) and only a small percentage gets a chance to climb the tower.

As far as I know only Rankers can move between floors which is why traders rely on them but I may still be wrong.

As for the teams, SIU mentioned some at the end of part one that members make their choice on the 3rd floor.(basically someone asked if the members who passed the 2nd floor test stay together or go apart and SIU answered that it is the third option). Usually tests are done in teams. What is more dangerous in the cases of teams is for cheaters and back stabber as shown in part 2

Hope it helps

Seriously though read the link in Papael post for more details.

Razh
November 23, 2012, 11:05 AM

I heard about some web toons with music but haven't tried reading yet.

Incidentally, when I picked up TOG I was listening to a free album from L.A.O.S. (http://newalbumreleases.net/50513/l-a-o-s-retrospective-2005-2012-2012/) and now I'm unable to read TOG if there's no liquid dnb in the background, lol. Feels so good.

I kept repeating this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rleKafALlUY) during crown game. The action came alive!

0Xellos
November 24, 2012, 06:39 PM
Well the easiest way to understand Room, or Baang if you will, is to look at it as a single spell. During the game of Tag, Quant was allowed to use only one Room during the test so that Regulars have more chance to pass. In the A test, he used the ability to hide in shadows and in the B test he "stopped" Baam to show him how to use it. If you can remember, Love was surprised Viole can use 2 Rooms at once. Viole stopped Love right after using his Shinsoo Wave attack, whatever it's called.

I read that Enryuu supposedly used 9000 Rooms at once. I imagine he created 9000 red Shinsoo spears which he's famous for.

Someone correct me if this is wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

It's over 9000! :D

Razh
November 25, 2012, 04:00 AM
It's over 9000! :D

OMG, SIU even wrote that some lightbearer was recording his fight and said he used OVER 9000 rooms, and I didn't even think about Vegeta until now. LMAO! (facepalm)

I wonder if SIU used the number on purpose. :)

naruto-niichan
November 25, 2012, 11:00 AM
I wonder if SIU was bored when he went on a break....

He drew a little comic for the new film Cloud Atlas:

http://movie.naver.com/movie/mzine/cstory.nhn?nid=1566

ThatoneGuy1277
December 01, 2012, 03:31 AM
So I decided to give this a shot. But Camtasia Studio 8 has an issue with audio skipping around. When I paused the video and hit play again the audio clip would start playing in a different spot. This made it impossible to sync up the video frames with the audio like I wanted to. So this is not the finished product I wanted to show because TOG deserves much much better. Does anyone know of a really good video editor? I would love to redo/continue working on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naSG4_g_69k

Please let me know of any editing software you would recommend.

Thanks!

shinsengumi
December 01, 2012, 05:05 AM
adobe premiere for pc , final cut for mac

ThatoneGuy1277
December 01, 2012, 07:20 AM
adobe premiere for pc , final cut for mac

Thanks dude :)

abc1233
December 01, 2012, 07:41 PM
I wonder who the ancestors are of the people who don't belong to the main families, or even the family heads' spouses. Maybe Zahard brought commoners into the tower in addition to the family heads (which would suggest that there are far more irregulars than we previously imagined) or maybe there were already residents in the tower when Zahard entered, but then that would suggest that previously, other people had already conquered these floors.

Monsterguy
December 02, 2012, 07:24 AM
I wonder who the ancestors are of the people who don't belong to the main families, or even the family heads' spouses. Maybe Zahard brought commoners into the tower in addition to the family heads (which would suggest that there are far more irregulars than we previously imagined) or maybe there were already residents in the tower when Zahard entered, but then that would suggest that previously, other people had already conquered these floors.

Well maybe other irregulars might have "passed" some floors, but not conquered and established the connection / link /safe way between those floors for those that are now normaly climbing.

I'm imagining that floors are like planets ordered in line, and if you want to travel accross those planets you must go from planet to planet, in designated order, so:

untill Zahard came there was really hard to pass even 1 floor, which means only a few might have made it, the others all got killed

climbing the floors is like people with limited fuel or power/strength, but without navigation traveling from Earth to Mars - if not for a guardian who gives you direction your body(lets say your body can travel in space with a little higher speed than on Earth) would travel blindly from Earth to Mars and most of the time got lost somewhere in large space, meanwhile when you travel you can NOT carry any food or water with you, so your body would soon be out of power/energy or with my interpritation "fuel", and like that you would be left to die somewhere in space

Zahard and members of 10 great Familys are responsible that now there are artificial transfer points, that lead people from one floor to another, but you must prove to them that you are worthy to be send to the next floor

irregulars are the only people, who might break/twist a lot of rules here, while climbing (I'm imagining them as "metheors" who are falling from the sky - unpredictable and not able to determine their number or content, it might even happen that in some there are living beasts/organizems...:iik) !!!

kakashi65
December 04, 2012, 04:27 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31285998.jpg

Just realised it, Rak told him to get the throne so that he can himself decide whos sitting next to him in chapter 53

So the first idea ever to become the koonfamily head (s2 ch25) came from rak...

0Xellos
December 05, 2012, 11:31 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31285998.jpg

Just realised it, Rak told him to get the throne so that he can himself decide whos sitting next to him in chapter 53

So the first idea ever to become the koonfamily head (s2 ch25) came from rak...

Exactly! What makes SIU amazing is how every small event in the story is important.

Dattebayo!
December 06, 2012, 01:47 PM
Hi Turtles!

Well, thanks to Jammin's advice on what to read I have just finished my Tower Of God reading marathon, and I have to say its a great read! I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress.. I am loving the comedy moments (Rak especially) but also the complexity of each character.

All I'm missing at the moment is more of Rak... the guy gives me some genuine laugh out loud moments when reading!

ThatoneGuy1277
December 11, 2012, 10:12 PM
Ok so here is my attempt. Please enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsdxeXpAfyU

naruto-niichan
December 17, 2012, 09:03 AM
Please check out and participate in Mangahelpers Anime Awards 2012 (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/931-Manga-and-Anime-Awards) :blai

Support your favourites and make them win :3c

Uriel
December 17, 2012, 09:07 AM
You won me, I was just to post it. :P
And well, nominate your asses off! I tend to forgot the names, but once you post them I support lol

Let's give some Viole to this awards <3

ukimix
December 26, 2012, 02:10 AM
Hi people. I just have read all published chapters of ToG and… I like it so much. I like the story a lot. In the beginning I welcomed with easy the idea of a tower that gives you what you wish once you have climb it together with the idea of the tests to reach the last floor. But, very soon Baam seemed to me a so basic character, so plain, almost a saint, incapable of any passion beyond to feel love for Rachel. So I was not sure about it. But when Baam got betrayed by Rachel, the connection with the story was complete. Beyond the fact that Viole is being blackmailed, the guy has a problem to solve about Rachel, and also about his beloved friends. There is tension and for sure mixed and intense feelings inside him.

Also in the beginning I was not reading the notes at the end of each chapter. I thought: “the comic would have to tell the story itself alone, if text in prose is needed, then it’s not a comic”. But later, I found the information was some kind of support for the reading of the comic, so I relaxed with the end notes. Since that happened around the chapter 90, I have missed a lot of important information. Luckily you guys have a nice thread here, dedicated to all this texts SIU has written in his blog. Very useful.

Those notes have added complexity to the ToG universe. At the beginning the story seemed to be about a bunch of kids engaged trapped in an artificial and not fully believable situation called Tower-of-God. But the texts are rich in details; the Tower has a history, has a structure, there are several political powers involved, and a whole bestiary that includes humans and several characters with differente shapes, abilities and levels of power, among many other things. All those details turns the ToG universe into one much more believable.

In general, I don’t like the drawings, although I have found some really nice panels (for instance, those about Urek Mazino). But in other cases the drawing is so poor that you fairly can wonder if the author knows about perspective, and drawing emotions. To me, the drawings of Rachel are usually the worst, with a complete lack of characterization of her emotions. But maybe that is related to her personality.

The best character I enjoy the most is Wangnang. And I found much more lovely Viole’s team than Baam’s team.

I have these questions:

How many floors does the tower have?
When does the 1000 years period of the current Lord end?
What day do we have spoilers?

abc1233
December 26, 2012, 10:40 AM
Hi people. I just have read all published chapters of ToG and… I like it so much. I like the story a lot. In the beginning I welcomed with easy the idea of a tower that gives you what you wish once you have climb it together with the idea of the tests to reach the last floor. But, very soon Baam seemed to me a so basic character, so plain, almost a saint, incapable of any passion beyond to feel love for Rachel. So I was not sure about it. But when Baam got betrayed by Rachel, the connection with the story was complete. Beyond the fact that Viole is being blackmailed, the guy has a problem to solve about Rachel, and also about his beloved friends. There is tension and for sure mixed and intense feelings inside him.

Also in the beginning I was not reading the notes at the end of each chapter. I thought: “the comic would have to tell the story itself alone, if text in prose is needed, then it’s not a comic”. But later, I found the information was some kind of support for the reading of the comic, so I relaxed with the end notes. Since that happened around the chapter 90, I have missed a lot of important information. Luckily you guys have a nice thread here, dedicated to all this texts SIU has written in his blog. Very useful.

Those notes have added complexity to the ToG universe. At the beginning the story seemed to be about a bunch of kids engaged trapped in an artificial and not fully believable situation called Tower-of-God. But the texts are rich in details; the Tower has a history, has a structure, there are several political powers involved, and a whole bestiary that includes humans and several characters with differente shapes, abilities and levels of power, among many other things. All those details turns the ToG universe into one much more believable.

In general, I don’t like the drawings, although I have found some really nice panels (for instance, those about Urek Mazino). But in other cases the drawing is so poor that you fairly can wonder if the author knows about perspective, and drawing emotions. To me, the drawings of Rachel are usually the worst, with a complete lack of characterization of her emotions. But maybe that is related to her personality.

The best character I enjoy the most is Wangnang. And I found much more lovely Viole’s team than Baam’s team.

I have these questions:

How many floors does the tower have?
When does the 1000 years period of the current Lord end?
What day do we have spoilers?

1) no one knows, but the highest floor that Zahard's empire has reached is 134th I think, so technically no one has really reached the top of the tower
2) Again, don't think its been mentioned
3) Raws always come out on sunday, then we get a quick translation and scan within a few hours of it releasing, so there are no spoilers as such before the raws come out The proper quality scans by the company take quite a while though.

0Xellos
December 26, 2012, 05:04 PM
Ukimix:
Glad to see another follower :D
And I'm surprised that you like Wangnan. He's mostly being bashed at (it seems to me) because he's being hyped mostly story-wise, but he doesn't seem exceptionally strong, and there are still no revelations about him. At first, the 3-eye ring he had seemed to imply his relation to Zahard of some kind, but seeing the same ring on Karaka confused the public even more. But I'm not damning him, and patiently waiting for his revelations (which I doubt are going to come any time soon :D).
Art... true. Art is significantly lacking in (not only) this manhwa. It has been getting better, though. As long as Androssi keeps up the S1 quality :D

1) It's been mentioned how there are agressive guardians on higher floors, so Zahard himself stopped climbing. But the top of the Tower is quite an important theme, as Rachel and Urek want to go there and outside, so I guess it's going to be revealed eventually.
SIU is the king of trolls, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were 135 floors :D
2) On TOG wikia (not canon, but it pretty much merges SIU's blogposts, so it's simpler to search there), it's written that "the next floor will probably be conquered when the next lord (Joochun, the progressive one) start his period, since Mollic One is a conservative one", which could partly answer your question (and relate it to the previous one :D), not in the term of years, which aren't as important, because time flows differently in the Tower and there are many timeskips, but in the term of story - when Baam's already reached 134F, royally (pun intended) messed up the Tower and it's time to move closer to the top.

ukimix
December 26, 2012, 10:52 PM
0Xellos:

Glad to see you here too. :-)

I like Wangnang mostly because he is son funny. In terms of comedy, he is an achievement of this manhwa. But he is not a clown; he has also a big determination, and he is capable of been a really brave an noble friend, like when he told Ha Jinsung, in the name of all his mates, that they have decided to keep teaming up with Viole, even knowing that Ha Jinsung could killed him in the moment. He is really great.

About the top of the tower I got a bit confused in the beginning. I understand now that there are more than 134 floors, just that nobody has approved the test of 134th floor. So when a Ranker is defined as a person that has reached the top of the tower I understand that the definition refers to the fact that that person reached the last floor ever reached for someone in the Tower, i.e the 134th floor. But if there is a test in the 134th floor, sure there must be a 135 floor, or somewhere to go once you aprove that test. So Ranker is much more an institutional job inside the current government, than any other thing. (But if somethinig of these points are wrog I really would like to know it).

Thanks for the data about wikia, about the ring of karaka (I missed it) and about the flow of time. I would like to read further about them. I will search in that wikia, and in the thread about the notes posted by SIU. But if you have quick links to them I appreciate it :-)

Happy new year for you an and for the followers of ToG. :^_^

naruto-niichan
December 27, 2012, 06:13 AM

Funny how your opinion seems to differ compared to a lot of people here :XD

Most people seem to prefer the old Baam and his old group. There rarely is anyone who's a big fan of Wangnan too. Personally I think he's one of the weakest characters because despite SIU saying he would focus more on him, I felt like he was the one character that lacked significant spotlight. It's one of the rare times were I feel like SIU failed a bit.

I honestly don't want to compare manga/manhwa but ToG strongly reminds me of Berserk in one aspect.
A rather slow character and world build but when shit gets serious everything turns out awesome exactly because of that slow build. Strong characters make the impact so much bigger and SIU usually delivers that quality. The world and character build is, without a doubt, ToG's strongest feature and the reason why it became that popular over here.

We might not have that big of a fanbase compared to other sections like Naruto or One Piece but the people here form a strong and dedicated group. I'm pretty sure you will love it over here, as much as I do.
And ofc welcome to the ToG section, new fans are always much appreciated :confetti

abc1233
December 27, 2012, 09:18 AM
Funny how your opinion seems to differ compared to a lot of people here :XD

Most people seem to prefer the old Baam and his old group. There rarely is anyone who's a big fan of Wangnan too. Personally I think he's one of the weakest characters because despite SIU saying he would focus more on him, I felt like he was the one character that lacked significant spotlight. It's one of the rare times were I feel like SIU failed a bit.

I honestly don't want to compare manga/manhwa but ToG strongly reminds me of Berserk in one aspect.
A rather slow character and world build but when shit gets serious everything turns out awesome exactly because of that slow build. Strong characters make the impact so much bigger and SIU usually delivers that quality. The world and character build is, without a doubt, ToG's strongest feature and the reason why it became that popular over here.

We might not have that big of a fanbase compared to other sections like Naruto or One Piece but the people here form a strong and dedicated group. I'm pretty sure you will love it over here, as much as I do.
And ofc welcome to the ToG section, new fans are always much appreciated :confetti

I'm personally not much of a fan of him either, but I wouldn't say SIU has failed. I don't think it was his intention to make him a character that readers would particularly like (though he does have his moments), I think SIU's intention for Wangnan was to make him out to be cliche yet suspicious, which he has succeeded in imo. There have been major hints of there being more to Wangnan than meets the eye, SIU has made that obvious, so I wouldn't lose hope in him yet.

THM Nindo
December 27, 2012, 11:25 PM
Wangnam is the shonen cliché.
He's weak and he wants to change the way the world works.

Although, there has been some hints that he might somehow end up being important (maybe a prince of Zahard?)

TheBoss
December 28, 2012, 10:20 AM
Wangnam is the shonen cliché.
He's weak and he wants to change the way the world works.

Although, there has been some hints that he might somehow end up being important (maybe a prince of Zahard?)
Well dont let SiU fool you, my friend! He always surprises us with the most unusual people, and Wangnam falls into that category ^^
He is weak, has his ideals, and no one knows about his past, perfect for a betrayal.
And being able to hurt baam even if it was luck it means he is no pushover

Uriel
December 28, 2012, 12:04 PM
It's interesting that Baam seems to be a little bit weak against weapons that doesn't require Shinsoo, but I don't credit Wangnam as strong for it.

TheBoss
December 28, 2012, 07:03 PM
It's interesting that Baam seems to be a little bit weak against weapons that doesn't require Shinsoo, but I don't credit Wangnam as strong for it.
Being the only one besides Urek that actually did something like hurting baam? Well I give credit to him by that ^^

Razh
December 28, 2012, 08:33 PM

I don't think he's any weaker against bombs than any other person. It's just that he seems to be immune to Shinsoo bombs. Which isn't surprising, seeing how he was the only one that Lero-ro's Shinsoo push didn't affect. I think most of the other people suffer more damage from Shinsoo bombs but don't suffer any less damage from normal bobms than Baam did. Am I making sense with that? It's kinda late and I'm too tired to go over that sentence again, lol.

abc1233
December 28, 2012, 09:19 PM
I don't think he's any weaker against bombs than any other person. It's just that he seems to be immune to Shinsoo bombs. Which isn't surprising, seeing how he was the only one that Lero-ro's Shinsoo push didn't affect. I think most of the other people suffer more damage from Shinsoo bombs but don't suffer any less damage from normal bobms than Baam did. Am I making sense with that? It's kinda late and I'm too tired to go over that sentence again, lol.

That does make sense, but then wouldn't that mean that if one of those bombs hit a ranker, or even Urek for example, even they would be critically injured? Unless if they have some superhuman body (seem to remember Quant saying something about that, but was he just referring to shinsoo strengthening?).

Razh
December 29, 2012, 05:45 AM
That does make sense, but then wouldn't that mean that if one of those bombs hit a ranker, or even Urek for example, even they would be critically injured? Unless if they have some superhuman body (seem to remember Quant saying something about that, but was he just referring to shinsoo strengthening?).

Well it's too early to compare Baam to high rankers, especially the one that holds 3rd place. If I remember, it was Hatsu that determined something like that, while he was fighting Quant. Don't have time to look for it. Maybe Rankers develop some kind of toughness as they challenge higher floors and move through denser Shinsoo.

abc1233
December 29, 2012, 06:57 AM
Well it's too early to compare Baam to high rankers, especially the one that holds 3rd place. If I remember, it was Hatsu that determined something like that, while he was fighting Quant. Don't have time to look for it. Maybe Rankers develop some kind of toughness as they challenge higher floors and move through denser Shinsoo.

Well if their bodies are still essentially human then Baam could still be compared to Urek, even if his shinsoo resistance/enhancements are on a completely different level they would be affected by the bomb equally. If their bodies do get stronger as they challenge higher floors, then it could explain why that bomb was effective. Baam already had no problem with shinsoo pressure even when his body was still weak, so when he was climbing to 20th floor, the denser shinsoo didn't put any extra pressure on his body to improve, hence his body is still like it was on the 2nd floor. That could mean that an average 20th floor regular's body is essentially considered superhuman to one on the 2nd floor. Just a theory though.

Razh
December 31, 2012, 01:27 PM
Maybe it's a common trait among irregulars. We're led to believe that all of them are super strong, or at least have insane control over Shinsoo (Don't know what the deal with Rachel is.). Is it because they are coming from an environment without Shinsoo? Maybe that's why the people who live inside the tower are more vulnerable to Shinsoo attacks and the people who come outside aren't affected by it that much. Still brings up a question of why they are so good at manipulating with it.

FrostyMouse
December 31, 2012, 03:11 PM
We have seen in the character cards that a lot of the Rankers have more physical enhancements, but some don't. Physically, Yu Han Sung is inept, even more inept than some of the 2nd Floor Regulars, although his physical reinforcement, whatever that actually means, is A-rank, so take that as you will.

Reclaimer
January 01, 2013, 05:03 PM
I remember what you are talking about, but there is always the chicken and the egg issue: Do rankers have insane bodies because they develop it, or do people with insane bodies become rankers? (Given the absurdly low percentages of regulars that become rankers, it makes sense for them to be the people well outside the normal bell curve)

Razh
January 01, 2013, 06:30 PM
I remember what you are talking about, but there is always the chicken and the egg issue: Do rankers have insane bodies because they develop it, or do people with insane bodies become rankers? (Given the absurdly low percentages of regulars that become rankers, it makes sense for them to be the people well outside the normal bell curve)

I think some people have natural strength and toughness while others kinda strengthen up while getting used to higher Shinsoo concentration. But then again, are stronger people coming from the environments with heavier Shinsoo? I remember Koon saying that Rak should be able to pass through Lero-ro's wall easy since he's been swimming through Shinsoo to hunt all his life.
Funny thing is, I don't think even SIU himself bothered too much with this subject. People just need to have some amount of physical readiness in order to climb to 134th floor. We have yet to see a physically weak Ranker. I suppose those that are weaker, like Yu Han Sung (http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Yu_Han_Sung?file=Yuhansung.jpg) make up for it with Shinsoo strengthening. For those that read Naruto, closest example would be Sakura. She's more of a cerebral type, but thanks to that, she has great chakra control and can produce devastating physical attacks.

0Xellos
January 02, 2013, 11:15 AM

I believe it's both. You need to be base superior to most residents of the Tower to get chosen and pass the first tests, but then, you need want to strengthen your body to become a ranker and after you become one, and the more you do so, the stronger your body should get. After becoming a ranker, you have an eternity ahead of you, and you're free to train as much as you want.
The 2 factors you mention are "talent" and "hard work" - the more talent you have, the less hard work you need to reach a given level. And there's also another - as Lero Ro mentioned, "luck" - there are chance events which allow you to pull ahead of those that are about as strong as you.

Mr. Arashi
January 09, 2013, 11:09 AM
If Rachel wants climb all the tower to see the night sky with stars. Mazino wants go outside the tower and he already climbed it and maybe saw that sky, but couldn't escape of it. Right Devil-kun woke up while he was taken and said he saw the god of the tower, it means was the summit of it.

That sky is false and still is in the interior of the tower. Interesting that even that is cunningly made to surprise us.

0Xellos
January 09, 2013, 01:33 PM
If Rachel wants climb all the tower to see the night sky with stars. Mazino wants go outside the tower and he already climbed it and maybe saw that sky, but couldn't escape of it. Right Devil-kun woke up while he was taken and said he saw the god of the tower, it means was the summit of it.

That sky is false and still is in the interior of the tower. Interesting that even that is cunningly made to surprise us.

I think Urek comes from the outside, that's why he knows about it.

"the god of the Tower" (or "the true master of the Tower") obviously referred to Headon, who was in the pic and is the main enigma of the series. Regulars are taken right to 2F, no way he could've seen the summit.

TheBoss
January 09, 2013, 01:53 PM

Well technically if what we saw on the TuS is true, we have already seen the outside of the tower ^^
But the summit as it is, is just a place that the Zahard family stated. The real summit must be over the 134 floor

Mr. Arashi
January 09, 2013, 07:25 PM
[...]

"the god of the Tower" (or "the true master of the Tower") obviously referred to Headon, who was in the pic and is the main enigma of the series. Regulars are taken right to 2F, no way he could've seen the summit.I don't think Headon is the main master of the tower. When he did the that contract with Rachel was strange about how someone allow a observer in a fight, even hiding it. That act it was like he recognized Baam and his destiny and was is part of Fug or maybe something more higher. If i recall, Zahard was the first climber of the Tower, but he didn't created. It was someone who put rocks above each one and made it... just like Baam when Rachel found him... I'm sure that there is a Tower's basement and Baam was there.

Razh
January 10, 2013, 03:30 AM
Maybe not a real master, but he certainly has a real authority over it. Appearing anywhere he wants, floating in the air and selecting candidates like a boss. He's like a doorman of an apartment building, except with more power to decide who can live there. I'm not sure if he can kick people out, though. Wouldn't he already do that with some of the irregulars if he could?

shinsengumi
January 10, 2013, 04:31 AM
maybe he was the master of the tower before king zahard climbed it

0Xellos
January 10, 2013, 11:52 AM
I don't think Headon is the main master of the tower. When he did the that contract with Rachel was strange about how someone allow a observer in a fight, even hiding it. That act it was like he recognized Baam and his destiny and was is part of Fug or maybe something more higher. If i recall, Zahard was the first climber of the Tower, but he didn't created. It was someone who put rocks above each one and made it... just like Baam when Rachel found him... I'm sure that there is a Tower's basement and Baam was there.

Regardless, those were Horyang's words. Whether he is the real master of the Tower or not, Horyang must've recognized him as one, since he was (as far as Horyang's experiment-tortured mind was able to comprehend) like a generous god to him.

Mr. Arashi
January 10, 2013, 06:14 PM
Regardless, those were Horyang's words. Whether he is the real master of the Tower or not, Horyang must've recognized him as one, since he was (as far as Horyang's experiment-tortured mind was able to comprehend) like a generous god to him.Also it couldn't be the top of the tower, because Teddy was unconscious the whole trip. Everything might be possible and valid, so i give the ignorant bliss to Teddy... i even give it to Koon and he always make me fall with his plans :p

Reclaimer
February 17, 2013, 05:03 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that the reward you receive upon reaching the 134th floor is actually the test on the floor? i.e. You are offered your heart's desire and if you accept, you fail the test without the possibility of a retry. Nobody passes because the only person capable of passing would be someone who already has what they want which as we've seen from the series is nobody, not even Baam any more.

ukimix
February 17, 2013, 08:40 PM
Now that we begin the bet arc, place your bets:

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/3015/pokebattlex.png

shaheer
February 18, 2013, 04:35 AM
i think wangnan should be given better weapon. every time i see this stupid pokeball it pisses me off to say the least

Monsterguy
February 18, 2013, 04:54 AM
i think wangnan should be given better weapon. every time i see this stupid pokeball it pisses me off to say the least

isn't this funny ??? --> I find it hilarious...:lmao

PS: Now truthfully, each time Wangnan starts throwing poke-bombs, I literally start facepalming myself, as well...:paperbag

shinsengumi
February 18, 2013, 08:08 AM
what if he calls charizard tho ,that would be awesome

ukimix
February 18, 2013, 10:07 AM
isn't this funny ??? --> I find it hilarious...:lmao

:lmao
Yes, it is... wait, I have to ... :lmao...
That's why I like so much wangnan.... It's an odd character among the others around him.

shaheer
February 18, 2013, 10:21 AM
well i found it hilarious tbh. But things are changing they will go to factory round they are having FUG as their nemesis Wangnan is son of zahard Honestly i expect better.

0Xellos
February 18, 2013, 10:56 AM
Wangnan using bombs is fine by me, as long as he can fight when he runs out of them... in the Urek miniarc, there was a hint at him suddenly starting to train, so I wonder what's up with those lame-ass pokeballs.

shaheer
February 18, 2013, 11:44 AM
Throwing bomb is not a problem use some techniques for gods sake he has prob with sinsoo control then he should learn advanced combat tech or sth.
this is what pisses me off. get new bombs like say miniature rockets or sth different variations of combat.
he is in 20+ level all he does is throw pokeball like that s cool

ukimix
February 18, 2013, 12:27 PM
Well, it is not like if he's going to be a mjor fighter inside the tower. But Wangnan has probed he's brave enought to throw his project to become the king of the tower for saving a little child as it happened at the beginning of this arc. That mixture of being a weak contender and also a man with principles is something that I enjoy of him.

abc1233
February 27, 2013, 02:24 PM
Just noticed that in chapter 9 when Lero-ro pushes everyone away with his shinsoo blast, Hwa-Ryun gets pushed back too. Maybe she isn't a ranker after all? Or I guess she could have been faking

FrostyMouse
February 27, 2013, 03:20 PM
Just noticed that in chapter 9 when Lero-ro pushes everyone away with his shinsoo blast, Hwa-Ryun gets pushed back too. Maybe she isn't a ranker after all? Or I guess she could have been faking

abc, Evan clearly knows her, so she sort of has to be a Ranker, plus a Guide isn't a normal position.

There's also the possibility that she actively chose to get pushed by the barrier or that her shinsoo resistance isn't that high. Maybe most people, even Rankers, would get pushed back by it, but they can walk through it like nothing.

abc1233
February 27, 2013, 04:42 PM
abc, Evan clearly knows her, so she sort of has to be a Ranker, plus a Guide isn't a normal position.

There's also the possibility that she actively chose to get pushed by the barrier or that her shinsoo resistance isn't that high. Maybe most people, even Rankers, would get pushed back by it, but they can walk through it like nothing.

None of those are reasons why she can't be a regular. Just because a ranker knows her, she has to be a ranker? That's not much evidence, the person in charge of giving rankings isn't even a regular yet I'm sure many High Rankers would know of him. Plus we don't know how the guide position works, for all we know, regulars can be guides as well. If she is a ranker then her shinsoo resistance would have to be considered godly compared to the regulars (except for Baam ofc) considering she would have climbed to the 134th floor. So pretty much the only thing we're left with is that she's faking,

FrostyMouse
February 27, 2013, 04:54 PM
None of those are reasons why she can't be a regular. Just because a ranker knows her, she has to be a ranker? That's not much evidence, the person in charge of giving rankings isn't even a regular yet I'm sure many High Rankers would know of him. Plus we don't know how the guide position works, for all we know, regulars can be guides as well. If she is a ranker then her shinsoo resistance would have to be considered godly compared to the regulars (except for Baam ofc) considering she would have climbed to the 134th floor. So pretty much the only thing we're left with is that she's faking,

I would think Evan, a High Ranker, knowing her personally, would, in this situation, mean that she's not a regular. Sure, she could just be a really high floor regular, but would you rather believe that she's a really high floor regular or a Ranker? I think being a Ranker makes more sense.

I would think that she's faking.

abc1233
February 27, 2013, 05:06 PM
I would think Evan, a High Ranker, knowing her personally, would, in this situation, mean that she's not a regular. Sure, she could just be a really high floor regular, but would you rather believe that she's a really high floor regular or a Ranker? I think being a Ranker makes more sense.

I would think that she's faking.

She could just be the daughter of someone he knows, or she could have known him some other way prior to climbing, it's not like regulars are born the moment they start climbing. Evan knowing her isn't evidence.

FrostyMouse
February 27, 2013, 05:10 PM
She could just be the daughter of someone he knows, or she could have known him some other way prior to climbing, it's not like regulars are born the moment they start climbing. Evan knowing her isn't evidence.

I guess, but I'm going to assume that she's a Ranker until we know otherwise.

She still has the capability to seemingly move around the Tower at will, so she's either a Ranker or she's a high floor regular.

While it doesn't matter, and I'm not going to convince you and you're not going to convince me, do you have a specific reason for not wanting Hwa Ryun to be a Ranker? Is it because that apart from YHS, Ha Jinsung, Karaka, and most likely Poken (although perhaps he is a Regular as he says "My God," but I don't know as he's a shadowy form), every member of FUG that we've met is a regular, so thus you think that Hwa Ryun should be a regular as well? The one problem I see with that is that Hwa Ryun was assigned to guide Rachel and then Baam, plus that she was present with all of FUG's plans on the Floor of Test and wasn't just being used like XiaXia, Cassano, Apple, and Michael.

Hwa Ryun seemed involved in YHS and Ha Jinsung's plans, so I think that's a big plus in her favor for being a Ranker.

Of course, there is the thing where Baam, without having made a contract (and not being a 10 Family member and therefore not already having a contract made), slashes her face unintentionally with Shinsoo. Hwa Ryun may actually have been injured there, as we haven't seen her right eye since then and there was blood on the scene, so it's unclear.

abc1233
February 27, 2013, 05:31 PM
I guess, but I'm going to assume that she's a Ranker until we know otherwise.

She still has the capability to seemingly move around the Tower at will, so she's either a Ranker or she's a high floor regular.

While it doesn't matter, and I'm not going to convince you and you're not going to convince me, do you have a specific reason for not wanting Hwa Ryun to be a Ranker? Is it because that apart from YHS, Ha Jinsung, Karaka, and most likely Poken (although perhaps he is a Regular as he says "My God," but I don't know as he's a shadowy form), every member of FUG that we've met is a regular, so thus you think that Hwa Ryun should be a regular as well? The one problem I see with that is that Hwa Ryun was assigned to guide Rachel and then Baam, plus that she was present with all of FUG's plans on the Floor of Test and wasn't just being used like XiaXia, Cassano, Apple, and Michael.

Hwa Ryun seemed involved in YHS and Ha Jinsung's plans, so I think that's a big plus in her favor for being a Ranker.

Of course, there is the thing where Baam, without having made a contract (and not being a 10 Family member and therefore not already having a contract made), slashes her face unintentionally with Shinsoo. Hwa Ryun may actually have been injured there, as we haven't seen her right eye since then and there was blood on the scene, so it's unclear.
Well moving through the floors at will is a perk of being a guide I think.

Meh, it's just something which I noticed after reading a couple of past chapters, I don't really care either way. She also seemed to be having difficulty in taking care of Androssi during the crown game, which she shouldn't have done if she was a ranker, you could again attribute that to her faking it but then she didn't seem to care about drawing attention to herself when she took out those 5 guys moments before. Plus I'd have thought Lero-ro and Ren would have noticed that something was up if there was a ranker participating in a regular's test, though it's surprising that even after seeing someone who doesn't even seem to be from the 10 families fight on par with a Zahard Princess, alarm bells didn't ring.

FrostyMouse
February 27, 2013, 05:40 PM
Well moving through the floors at will is a perk of being a guide I think.

Meh, it's just something which I noticed after reading a couple of past chapters, I don't really care either way. She also seemed to be having difficulty in taking care of Androssi during the crown game, which she shouldn't have done if she was a ranker, you could again attribute that to her faking it but then she didn't seem to care about drawing attention to herself when she took out those 5 guys moments before. Plus I'd have thought Lero-ro and Ren would have noticed that something was up if there was a ranker participating in a regular's test, though it's surprising that even after seeing someone who doesn't even seem to be from the 10 families fight on par with a Zahard Princess, alarm bells didn't ring.

Perhaps, but it's also the perk of being a Ranker. It also seems that as long as you've passed a floor as a regular, you can move through it.

Perhaps. For some reason, we were told that Guides aren't as strong as other characters around their rank. However, she could easily just be faking it. If Hwa Ryun had just beaten up Androssi easily, massive alarm bells would've gone off.

Razh
February 27, 2013, 05:42 PM

If I remember correctly, when she talked to Baam after that, she said she doesn't want to take revenge for her eye. It's kinda tough to look for, but I'm pretty sure. Of course, it's no proof, but coupled with eyepatch it leaves little doubt that she has lost her sight in right eye.

Anyway, I read on wikia now that Evan was surprised when he saw Hwaryun. I don't remember where that happened.

FrostyMouse
February 27, 2013, 05:53 PM
If I remember correctly, when she talked to Baam after that, she said she doesn't want to take revenge for her eye. It's kinda tough to look for, but I'm pretty sure. Of course, it's no proof, but coupled with eyepatch it leaves little doubt that she has lost her sight in right eye.

Anyway, I read on wikia now that Evan was surprised when he saw Hwaryun. I don't remember where that happened.

I do remember that, but we don't know what it really means. I'd be surprised if Hwa Ryun had actually lost sight in her eye, but there was blood and her comment later on, so who knows. It could just be a game she's playing. It does seem that certain bits of magical healing do appear to be beyond the Tower's skill, even though you'd think that they could do something about it. We're told that Dan's legs can't be healed, seemingly.

When Yuri's group invades the Floor of Test to recover Black March, Evan runs across Hwa Ryun and appears shocked/surprised to see her.

Mr. Arashi
March 01, 2013, 11:56 PM
I have read an interesting theory which i would like to share with you.

Phantanimun entered into Zahard's palace only to steal something, something so precious that was expected to happen since the Tower's breaking, the birth of Zahard' Son. He hid it in the basement of the Tower which by pure luck, one girl from the middle area discovered and teached him.

Why is the Tower still ruled by Guardians while Zahard conquered it? Headon's greeting 'sincerely' the welcomed Baam because he's part of FUG plans, also he knows Phantaminum because he entered into the first floor. It means, like Rachel, Phantanimun has a debt with him or maybe Fug itself? If there's factions in FUG, it's perfectly logical to think that different goals are pointed. What will happen if one of those goals is not destroy the rulers but the system? This last one, i think Phantanimun fits quite good, with the help of Zahard' Son ofcourse.

ukimix
March 03, 2013, 07:06 AM
I have thought headonis part of fug, yes. Also there seems to be a battle about the whole tower among the main powers. I guess we don't know much about Phantanimun. Where can I read about him?

abc1233
March 03, 2013, 07:18 AM
I have thought headonis part of fug, yes. Also there seems to be a battle about the whole tower among the main powers. I guess we don't know much about Phantanimun. Where can I read about him?

Well, this (http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Phantaminum) is pretty much all we know about him. There was a page explaining everything about Exes there but can't find it.

Host Samurai
March 03, 2013, 03:22 PM
Don't know if it's official but here is the ToG OST (https://soundcloud.com/shinjouhanabi/tower-of-god-flaming-heart).

Credits: Antalius11 @ batoto

Mr. Arashi
March 03, 2013, 05:02 PM
I forgot to say another theory the day before yesterday xP. Akraptor could be Anak's father.:teehee

Gelcertified
March 04, 2013, 06:39 PM
I really adore Tower Of God! :zomg
Although I admit that at first I only read it because I had nothing else to do and I never thought I would get addicted to it this much... :sweatdrop
Anyway my favorite character is Koon Agero Agnis! :wub I'm mean... :blush come on he's just so gorgeous and his attitude is super cool! :tss That's just for me though... I'm not saying that you should feel that way too... :x3

Anyway, I'm still so very much into it and yeah! I won't stop reading until I finish the story! :Haha

abc1233
March 05, 2013, 04:03 PM
I forgot to say another theory the day before yesterday xP. Akraptor could be Anak's father.:teehee

Could be, but I doubt it. Think it was said that Anak's dad was executed by a princess. He was also a palace cook, which means that firstly he is a great cook (which we haven't seen much evidence of as far as I know) and his shinsoo resistance would be ridiculous compared to the other regulars since he'd be living on such a high floor, again something which we haven't really seen. Aside from the whole daughter thing, there's not much else to go on. I'd say it's more likely that he lost his daughter in the middle area like so many other parents, given Horyang's story.

ukimix
March 20, 2013, 10:37 AM
SIU wrote a short story for Samsung Galazy Note II (http://local.sec.samsung.com/comLocal/event/1301_Galaxynote2/webtoon-siu1.html).

First part scans thanks to 101010 and the translations thanks to Dashan from Batoto: http://imgur.com/a/hmynr

Second part thanks to Dashan: http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/11429-tower-of-god-samsung-ad/page-3#entry584286

And here the third part: http://local.sec.samsung.com/comLocal/event/1301_Galaxynote2/webtoon-siu3.html. Here a partial scan of this part, thanks to 101010: http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/11429-tower-of-god-samsung-ad/page-4#entry599418, and here a full translation of the part thanks to Random-Webtoon-Fan from Batoto:

Dating master and the secret of S pen

Hachuling : Ah, nuts....

Urek : ?

Urek : What's wrong Hachuling?

Hachuling : Ah.. The problem is...

Hachuling : I forgot that yesterday was 100th day with my girlfriend.. She seems to be sulking.

Urek : ...You are in trouble.

Urek : You really should have S planner easy memo to keep on important days like me.

Hachuling : S planner easy memo?

Urek : Yes. S planner has easy memo ability, so you can easily make a memo and save it like a post it!

Haculing : Oh! I didn't know that! Leader! You truly are the dating master!

Urek : Kukuku. With S pen, you can be the best boyfriend.

So now all I need is

(Hachuling : The most thing is missing...)

girlfriend

Here a pic:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2066/togsamsunggnii.png

shaheer
March 21, 2013, 08:07 AM
LOL read the stories. Its really interesting how much TOG is popularizing itself. May be its the equivalent of Naruto or Bleach or OP in south korea and is becoming sth like a peer/pop cultural icon

ukimix
March 21, 2013, 11:46 AM
The third part is out. I'll add it in the post to put them all in the same post.

Fun to see Urek with flowers...

TheBoss
March 21, 2013, 05:25 PM
Urek fails so bad with women xDD I wonder if what would happen if hegot even a little of baam's talent to attract girls lol

abc1233
March 31, 2013, 12:59 PM
This page is interesting:
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/tower_of_god/c075/21.html

We know for a fact that Baam survived so technically the team shouldn't have been allowed to pass. This suggests that either the Guardian knew that he was still alive, in which case it may have links to FUG/whatever plan Headon has. Or FUG could have somehow made the Guardian unaware of Baam's survival, but then I'm sure it would have been closely observing its own test.

Mr. Arashi
March 31, 2013, 04:31 PM
This page is interesting:
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/tower_of_god/c075/21.html

We know for a fact that Baam survived so technically the team shouldn't have been allowed to pass. This suggests that either the Guardian knew that he was still alive, in which case it may have links to FUG/whatever plan Headon has. Or FUG could have somehow made the Guardian unaware of Baam's survival, but then I'm sure it would have been closely observing its own test.Or the Guardians really don't care about being cheated. Also the idea of stay controlled by an outsider like Zahard is hard to accept if a Guardian is powerful being..

FrostyMouse
March 31, 2013, 07:36 PM
The Guardian planned the whole test and it would've known what was happening with FUG's hiding of the "Red Demon/Devil" below/around the Wine Glass, so I'm of the opinion that the Guardian is in cahoots with FUG.

syx
April 01, 2013, 08:47 AM
R.achel's Quest
Learn how cute R.achel sleeps her way through the Tower

Good lord... I want to thank the person, who gave me a fit of laughter today. It's brilliant and ambiguous. We should keep it that way!

TheBoss
April 01, 2013, 03:25 PM
Good lord... I want to thank the person, who gave me a fit of laughter today. It's brilliant and ambiguous. We should keep it that way!
DAT april's fool :lmao, isnt Baam awesome?

ErosVp
April 01, 2013, 04:03 PM
Since I didn't realize it was already april 1st, I thought I was left out of some kind of conspiracy! hahaha

naruto-niichan
April 02, 2013, 06:54 AM

I'm happy that you enjoyed the new title I chose! So fitting, wasn't it? :derp

syx
April 02, 2013, 08:04 AM

I think it was the best, "The Adventures of Hashirama's DNA" being close second.

But why can't we keep the title? The Naruto section keeps their new title too (probably not permantly, I know). Don't you have such power like 3c? If so, I think the forum needs a change and you should take 3c's red seat.:plot 3c doesn't deserve the seat anymore...

DAT april's fool :lmao, isnt Baam awesome?
You mean Rachel, right? She really is different from any other villain/antagonist.

ErosVp
April 02, 2013, 11:57 AM
Good one. Too bad nobody renamed Noblesse as twilight saga... lol

shaheer
April 02, 2013, 01:11 PM
Good one. Too bad nobody renamed Noblesse as twilight saga... lol

LOL ya i wonder why they didnt. it would have been awesome

0Xellos
April 04, 2013, 06:11 AM
I think it was the best, "The Adventures of Hashirama's DNA" being close second.

I place "Victoria's secret" second instead :derp

thornofcarrion
April 07, 2013, 02:07 PM
We will soon be launching Bleach Tournament - Second Edition. We are looking forward for your participation. Here is the LINK (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/79293-Bleach-Tournament-II-Announcement-Fan-Art-Submission) to check out whats happening in Bleachverse

ukimix
April 09, 2013, 12:14 PM
Hi there. I want to invite you to the reading of Nausikaä of the Valley of the Wind. Here the thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/2990541-Collective-reading-of-NAUSICA%C3%84-by-Hayao-MIYAZAKI

TheBoss
April 09, 2013, 03:36 PM
I just woke up with the felling that everyone should die and only Koon, Baam and Rak keep climbing the tower again.
Crazy isnt it? xD

Nast.J
April 09, 2013, 06:14 PM
I just woke up with the felling that everyone should die and only Koon, Baam and Rak keep climbing the tower again.
Crazy isnt it? xD

I doubt it and i hope it's not going to happen. Also i was asking myself not long ago, why was the tower created? I wonder if i will be satisfied when we'll get our answer.

ukimix
April 18, 2013, 01:10 PM
This artist (http://ar-ua.deviantart.com/art/ToG-Yuri-Zahard-338587237) makes great drawings about ToG. Here some samples:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/191/0/8/jyu_viole_grace_by_ar_ua-d56qeoy.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/325/b/0/tog__yuri_zahard__anime_version__by_ar_ua-d5lq2iu.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/324/9/9/tog__yuri_zahard_by_ar_ua-d5ll3l1.jpg

syx
April 18, 2013, 03:02 PM
Deviantart in general lacks (good) ToG arts, AR-UA has no competition there. Not saying AR-UA is bad, he is actually pretty good imo. Just look at his Naruto, One Piece and The Breaker gallery.

I would like good Agero, Hatsu and Lero-Ro arts, which I can use as an avatar.

abc1233
April 18, 2013, 03:30 PM
This artist (http://ar-ua.deviantart.com/art/ToG-Yuri-Zahard-338587237) makes great drawings about ToG. Here some samples:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/191/0/8/jyu_viole_grace_by_ar_ua-d56qeoy.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/325/b/0/tog__yuri_zahard__anime_version__by_ar_ua-d5lq2iu.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/324/9/9/tog__yuri_zahard_by_ar_ua-d5ll3l1.jpg

Damn, one of his works was so good I just had to make a sig out of it :D

Mr. Arashi
April 18, 2013, 04:03 PM
Yeah! I want too cool draws of Koon and Urek.

Starting a thread, i wonder if all the guardians beside Headon are agreed with Zahard' system. Also it's kind of farfetched Baam being an Irregular and not going for only Guardian's test.

FrostyMouse
April 18, 2013, 07:09 PM
I want a nice drawing/pic of Androssi.

TheMoa
April 18, 2013, 08:17 PM
Yeah! I want too cool draws of Koon and Urek.

Starting a thread, i wonder if all the guardians beside Headon are agreed with Zahard' system. Also it's kind of farfetched Baam being an Irregular and not going for only Guardian's test.

It was discussed here before... what some other guys and me think is that Zahard forces would know that a FUG irregular was walking around and they would put him down.
Other guys said that it's just a plot hole and Zahard wouldn't know about it.

apellon
April 18, 2013, 08:56 PM
3 random thoughts...
-In couple of occasions, rankers and other people said to baam : whatever you need to know or whatever you want.. u ll have it at the top of the tower ?

But what do u guys think about that ? Is it a myth? And what top of the tower are they refering to ? No one not even phantominum ( however u want to spell it like) has reached the top as far as we know.... But people affirming it seem to know what they r talking about...

-The other thing im wondering about is :
are people in the tower : "human" ? They dont seem to age a lot ... Is that because of shinsoo? Or is that just the talser user univers? ( since someone living alone in a hole like baam for all this years doesnt seem Possible ....)

-last thing is about clearing lvls ... How do people that cleared a lvl travel between them ? I mean for rankers u r tested , then u go up... But whatsup with people that already cleared those places ? In some instance it seems that its pretty quick to go through like koon going to a lower lvl for the right hand of thedevil...but sometime like yuri she uses "shortcuts" through the middle area, that seem to take forever ? Why wouldnt they just go through normal way? Maybe i m just confusing myself on my own , the sens of time is akward in tog :) wich i dont find displeasing but i do find it intriguing ..

TheMoa
April 18, 2013, 09:59 PM
1- by the top of the tower they refer as the actual top of Zahard's Empire, 134th floor.
It was not explained yet, maybe everybody can make one wish to Zahard... but I do believe it as a myth, I think they instigate the regulars to get there because they can find more valuable people in the climbing. As one get on the top, he proves his strength and gain fame/opportunities to work for the empire/another families, then they would get the means to have their wishes fulfilled. Off course, that's my opinion on the matter.

2 - Yes, they are kind of human. The age thing is because of the Shinsoo, I can't remember the source, I think it was in SIU's notes.

3 - They travel between floors through the middle area, using the stairs. Yuri was trying to get on the second floor without being noted by the ruler noting. Koon traveled using a vehicle. But we know tha Lero-ro spent 5 years to get on 77F, so I don't know why he took so much time... maybe he was walking by foot without the guide and got lost on the stairs

apellon
April 18, 2013, 10:50 PM
1- by the top of the tower they refer as the actual top of Zahard's Empire, 134th floor.

3 - But we know tha Lero-ro spent 5 years to get on 77F, so I don't know why he took so much time... maybe he was walking by foot without the guide and got lost on the stairs

- why would lero ro lie to baam though .. He seems to be a legit enough person to me ... But yea mostlikly its a myth , unless zahard or the guardian from that floor have this power ... Afterall their are some weird ridiculous powers in tog , like the 100th floor seems to hold the power to make one immortal or emile power :p

And about lero ro , yes it does sounds strange to me ... Would u then need to pass through middle area to climb up has a ranker ? Or can u pass through some
Already open gates in the inner tower...
Anyhow , if lero ro , takes 5 years to go back to their new mission 40th floors down , to spy on "baam", i guess we gonna have a problem with this current arch since i m pretty sure lero ro and te wingtree will be key to solve the baam-fug-blackmail-old Team dilema ...

Ps: writing from iphone = :/

abc1233
April 19, 2013, 04:49 AM
- why would lero ro lie to baam though .. He seems to be a legit enough person to me ... But yea mostlikly its a myth , unless zahard or the guardian from that floor have this power ... Afterall their are some weird ridiculous powers in tog , like the 100th floor seems to hold the power to make one immortal or emile power :p

And about lero ro , yes it does sounds strange to me ... Would u then need to pass through middle area to climb up has a ranker ? Or can u pass through some
Already open gates in the inner tower...
Anyhow , if lero ro , takes 5 years to go back to their new mission 40th floors down , to spy on "baam", i guess we gonna have a problem with this current arch since i m pretty sure lero ro and te wingtree will be key to solve the baam-fug-blackmail-old Team dilema ...

Ps: writing from iphone = :/
Who knows, maybe it is legit but people just become disappointed with the outcome. They would have spent centuries climbing the tower, killing and betraying other people and when they get to the top to make their wish, they realise it wasn't worth it, some people probably even forget why they were climbing in the first place.

I doubt he'll take 5 years, this time he knows the route and he has to travel 28 fewer floors than last time. He may still be able to get it done in 2 years.

TheMoa
April 19, 2013, 09:21 AM
Who knows, maybe it is legit but people just become disappointed with the outcome. They would have spent centuries climbing the tower, killing and betraying other people and when they get to the top to make their wish, they realise it wasn't worth it, some people probably even forget why they were climbing in the first place.

I doubt he'll take 5 years, this time he knows the route and he has to travel 28 fewer floors than last time. He may still be able to get it done in 2 years.

and on top of that he's doing something for wingtree... they probably have means to travel faster or a guide to help on the way

ukimix
April 19, 2013, 10:47 AM
I share my personal view on the question about the human nature of people in ToG world. The whole story can be told without clearing it. Even more, despite of the fact the word 'human' appears in the story many times, it doesn't have the same meaning than within us (humans can't do the same things people do in ToG world to talk about the shinsoo argument). So, I choose to believe nothing concrete about that question:

“- Did you read the final chapter of ToG?
- Yes it was a fantastic story and comic. I liked a lot.
- Me too,.. but, are the people in that world humans?
- I don’t not.. Does it matter? “

I share some other favourite fanarts:

http://t.imgbox.com/acimMkrE.jpg (http://imgbox.com/acimMkrE) http://t.imgbox.com/abu0DoL0.jpg (http://imgbox.com/abu0DoL0) http://t.imgbox.com/abpyLfb2.jpg (http://imgbox.com/abpyLfb2) http://t.imgbox.com/acuCFZLp.jpg (http://imgbox.com/acuCFZLp) http://t.imgbox.com/acn6CdTb.jpg (http://imgbox.com/acn6CdTb) http://t.imgbox.com/adeL1XaD.jpg (http://imgbox.com/adeL1XaD)

Respective artists:

BB(djejstorldi0) http://cafe.naver.com/inutero3334/75476 He drew the scene with Baam and Rachel looking at the stars (Love it!)
Magpie (http://cafe.naver.com/inutero3334.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleRead.nhn%3Fclubid=20948647%26menuid=4%26boardtype=P%26page=16%26specialmenutype=%26articleid=127995%26referrerAllArticles=false) drew sat young androssi. Pretty nice, isn't she?
I have lost the references of some of the pics, so if someone can provide them I would appreciate it.

And some others:

http://cafefiles.naver.net/20120808_34/emddj__1344399525437LPnJG_JPEG/%C0%AF%B8%AE.jpgReference (http://cafe.naver.com/inutero3334.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleRead.nhn%3Fclubid=20948647%26menuid=4%26boardtype=P%26page=25%26specialmenutype=%26articleid=86818%26referrerAllArticles=false).

This artist (http://cafe.naver.com/inutero3334/75476)has also great lines. Pretty expressive and clear:
http://cafefiles.naver.net/20130219_102/gaemi1993_1361208595846EkdEq_JPEG/1302192.jpg
http://cafefiles.naver.net/20130219_250/gaemi1993_1361208305168evoce_JPEG/1302184.jpghttp://cafefiles.naver.net/20130219_282/gaemi1993_1361208475771wvcDr_JPEG/1302183.jpg

apellon
April 19, 2013, 03:51 PM
The whole story can be told without clearing it.

-that is also true for just about anything :) ...

-but i think tog is great for actually asking those questions and giving those hints, those mysterious leads ... the fact that it's a maze like story with many legends / hints and guesses , make you think and try to understand better ... wich make the whole serie even more interesting :) it s a little like Lost 1st season or inception :) ... and ofcrouse it gives depth to the world.

In fact if : Hunter X hunter , Naruto , Lost and Hack Sign were able to have a son : it would be ToG ...

- thanks for the nice fan art ( some of those link are broken though ... )

Nast.J
April 19, 2013, 05:04 PM
In my opinion, Tower of god is in a league beyond Naruto. HxH comes close but ToG's universe is so huge that even HxH can't compare but they do have many things in common. I feel like it's the only thing i'm reading that won't deceive me no matter what happens.

I also wonder what SIU will do once ToG finishes..

Pretty nice fanarts you posted there ukimix, i really liked Yeon's and Androssi's ones. There's still 2 more days till the new chapter comes out :scry

apellon
April 20, 2013, 12:45 AM
its my finals week :m3j ... lets just give any kind of treatment to all those patients and trust in shinsoo :nerd

yea i just said naruto cause : families = leaf villages , blood skeletton of baam = Susano etc..

shaheer
April 23, 2013, 07:02 AM
the artworks were pretty amazing especially the one with yeon. And yes TOG seems to be in a completely different league in comparison to other mangas.. save breaker and Feng sheng ji

ErosVp
April 23, 2013, 08:28 AM
So I must read this Feng Shen Ji.....

ukimix
April 23, 2013, 11:14 AM

Yeessssssss!!!! Pretty nice!

shaheer
April 23, 2013, 12:25 PM

LONG time man, since TOG expanded i barely get to see you back then when it was limited to 1 thread mostly it was you me and host ...
as for Feng yes its going really good 39 chaps released so far and its already one of my fav shonen. The impact its leaving is great

ErosVp
April 23, 2013, 01:11 PM
LONG time man, since TOG expanded i barely get to see you back then when it was limited to 1 thread mostly it was you me and host ...
as for Feng yes its going really good 39 chaps released so far and its already one of my fav shonen. The impact its leaving is great

The sad truth is I finished mechanical engineering college and had to get a job..... So I don't have much time as I had...

I'll finish Nausicaa (just 3 volumes to go) and pick Ability and this Feng Shen Ji...

ukimix
April 23, 2013, 02:17 PM
The sad truth is I finished mechanical engineering college and had to get a job..... So I don't have much time as I had...

I'll finish Nausicaa (just 3 volumes to go) and pick Ability and this Feng Shen Ji...

Wow you're so jung!!! I have a job, 2 beloved children to care about and some comics to read...

apellon
April 23, 2013, 08:57 PM
I just had a revelation...

The tower of god is a tower in " the dark continent of HxH!"
And phanthonium is actually the "phantom" troup leader chrollo , wich was misunderstood by the tower people ... it was disorted to phantominum ! Chrollo just kept walking east and ended up in the Tower !
The unknown power that people say he used : was actually his "Nen !"

Nast.J
April 24, 2013, 02:19 PM
dunno if someone posted this already but i found it funny so i'm sharing it.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/045/9/2/tower_of_baamzel_by_natersal-d5uwycu.jpg

shaheer
April 25, 2013, 03:59 AM
dunno if someone posted this already but i found it funny so i'm sharing it.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/045/9/2/tower_of_baamzel_by_natersal-d5uwycu.jpg

HAHAHAHAH
thats the most hilarious picture i ve seen so far

gnut
May 07, 2013, 02:14 PM
any of you guys interested in playing a ToG themed Mafia game?

if so...follow the link under my sig....

:hee

ukimix
May 09, 2013, 11:57 PM
SIU posted this one on twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJz2GJrCQAARR3N.jpg

TheMoa
May 10, 2013, 10:35 PM
a foreshadow of a re-encounter?:zomg

THM Nindo
May 20, 2013, 10:27 AM
a foreshadow of a re-encounter?:zomg

Actually, I think it's supposed to be the trio when they were kid or something.

abc1233
May 20, 2013, 10:36 AM
SIU posted this one on twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJz2GJrCQAARR3N.jpg
Rak found out how YHS chibified him and did it to Baam and Koon XD

naruto-niichan
May 21, 2013, 10:42 AM
Short Tower of God animation :amuse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxuwQFn2xSc

Monsterguy
June 01, 2013, 05:08 PM
With this break SIU has made, I'm stepping down as a "moderator", and I will be only a normal member from now on, or better to say "Senpai" what means a stuff member who left his position, but still did not cut all his connections with other stuff members.

But don't worry, others will be moderating this section instead of me from now on, so nothing will change, really !!!

I hope I did not do anything to anyone so that he or she would resent me for something, while I was moderating this section !!!

Nonetheless, I must say I wanted to step down quite some time ago, although only recently I decided to do so !!!

TheBoss
June 01, 2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks man for you hard work! ^^

We will miss you, and I hope the next mod loves ToG as much as you do :hee

Monsterguy
June 01, 2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks man for you hard work! ^^

I hope you still keep around here as always :hee

don't worry I like ToG the most, so you will definitly still see me around, just that I would not be able to boss you around anymore...:XD

ukimix
June 01, 2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks for all the good work Monster!!! :-)

TheBoss
June 01, 2013, 06:03 PM
don't worry I like ToG the most, so you will definitly still see me around, just that I would not be able to boss you around anymore...:XD
So mean xD

No ToG this week sucks T_T

Monsterguy
June 01, 2013, 06:07 PM
So mean xD

No ToG this week sucks T_T

it really came out spontaneously...:derp

and yeah, the week feel's kind of empty for me as well, without ToG...

ukimix
June 02, 2013, 09:03 AM
Agony thread inside the Hangout:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6891665152/hD9ADEB39/

color suits you Monster.

Monsterguy
June 02, 2013, 03:25 PM
I'm after you ukimix:
http://s1.zerochan.net/Tower.Of.God.600.1126589.jpg
let's stop, we should not spam here...:teehee

the week is boring, coz there is no new chapter of ToG !!!

[hr]

seriously didn't SIU say he would do some updates on his blog while on his break, so does anyone know Korean, or at least knows somebody who can understand Korean for this matter ???

Mr. Arashi
June 02, 2013, 09:50 PM
I'm reading Cloud Atlas (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/cloud-atlas-r9173) from SIU and agreed with Uki's compliment about the color on Monsterguy... thanks for always be a fast opening thread mod, i really appreciated that x)

ukimix
June 02, 2013, 10:14 PM
I'm after you ukimix:
http://s1.zerochan.net/Tower.Of.God.600.1126589.jpg
let's stop, we should not spam here...:teehee

the week is boring, coz there is no new chapter of ToG !!!

[hr]

seriously didn't SIU say he would do some updates on his blog while on his break, so does anyone know Korean, or at least knows somebody who can understand Korean for this matter ???
Will you stop if I give you the info about SIU's post during this days? Then most of it is in this thread (http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/12998-2013-break-news-and-information/).

Warning: You better stop keep on tracing me, since I have the best power punch ever.
http://organizationasg.kokidokom.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/One-Punch-Man-Saitama.jpg

FrostyMouse
June 03, 2013, 12:10 AM
Thanks for all of your time and effort as the ToG mod, Monster. :)

abc1233
June 16, 2013, 12:02 PM
Added some info about the 7th slayer from SIU's hidden blog

abc1233
June 16, 2013, 03:13 PM
LaFa from Batoto posted (http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/13330-spoilers-baylord-yama-fug-slayer-7/?p=723193) a sum of the 7th slayer profile, posted originally by SIU:

Yeah, that's what I posted in the blog thread :p

The strongest E regular is probably one of the "dogs" that Yama owned after becoming a slayer. He could take Viole being a slayer candidate instead of him quite personally in that case, unless if he is secretly a slayer candidate too. His entry into the workshop tournament could serve as a test for Viole from FUG.

ukimix
June 16, 2013, 03:29 PM
Yeah, that's what I posted in the blog thread :p

The strongest E regular is probably one of the "dogs" that Yama owned after becoming a slayer. He could take Viole being a slayer candidate instead of him quite personally in that case, unless if he is secretly a slayer candidate too. His entry into the workshop tournament could serve as a test for Viole from FUG.

Oh, I didn't know it. As a suggestion, a link to the thread in your previous post here would guide the people to it.

Yes, that's the test. I'm exited about Koon's plan to rescue Baam from FUG's hands in a more vicious way than any FUG could think. It seems the test is not going to end how FUG wants.

ukimix
July 15, 2013, 02:49 AM
People have the right to complain if they don't like the current chapters & they have the right to post. I don't get why mangahelpers is so narrowminded about that.

Anyway I don't dislike this kind of chapter as long as there are some comical scenes. The "yolo" comment & the overall attitude of that fire lunatic made me laugh.
In my opinion, SIU is currently following too many characters and because he keeps jumping from one to another, the story is not progressing that much. SIU needs to remove some characters around Viole after this workshop.

For example, from the whole "Wangnam gang", only wangnam & the yeon girl are IMO interesting (and maybe prince). I don't give a fuck about goseng or miseng for example & I really think those two should be written off. Akraptor is your prototype "cool mysterious guy" who isn't that useful to the story. Everything we have to know about Horang is known. So, when the real team is formed again, aside from wangnam & the yeon girl (and again maybre prince), I don't want anyone else from that team involved in the future.

LOL thats rich, implying that I've missed some grand concept you have grasped. No it was a very cut and dry chapter. Good guys won with very little effort, as was predicted. Mad Dog intimidated those on his platform, but it was necessary for plot that he needed a moment to display his powers; it was either this or he completely slaughtered everyone in his round.

The big reveals from the chapter were Chang having come across Mad Dog in the past, Mad Dog not climbing the tower for a while, and everyone else wondering why he was ranked #1. Many readers presumed he defeated Androssi in the E rank regular tournament a few years back, but it was contrary to our thoughts that so many of the top fighters wouldn't even know the specifics about him and his abilities, i.e Anak and such wondering what the big deal was about him.

SIU can just completely abandon team Tangsooyook for all I care. Write a decent ending from them showing them climbing the tower, or settling down somewhere, just so long as it's separate from Baam and Koon. After all, this arc is going to end on a humongous bang that will shock the tower, and send ripples throughout it. There are way too many powerful and influential characters/organizations involved.

See I don't mind all the characters, it's nice to have many different perspectives, but the plot gets stagnant when he has to bounce around between so many POV's and we don't really progress that much. Others see it differently, but I'd rather the plot move on quicker and have a few less characters in the spotlight.

Market in read squares there are two things the author wants to with his manhwa:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/685/t2e6.png

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/305/hmg.png

SIU likes to draw human characters who break easily, and in an attractive way. That should have to apply mainly to Tangsooyook team possibly with the exception of Horyang. The other members are weaklings, twisted and deformed characters, that use to cry for help, that can't control or that don't even know their own powers. But like strong and cool characters, they also have will and wishes; they want to climb the tower. We have there some archetypes, the little and vulnerable girl, the mother, the father, a pathetic prince and a pathetic and treacherous jackass that likes to scream and cry.

Now I would like to point that SIU finds attractive those weak characters, those that can be just the opposite to strong and cool. Please notice it: he finds attractive some no cool characters. I could say, he finds attractive what most of the people finds unattractive. Well, I think that is a fact about ToG that has to be properly understood. That is, if you let me, SIU's particular and twisted aesthetic.

Of course, you guys have the right to dislike of this aesthetic. Also SIU has the right to write the story he wants to write in the way he wants to do it. Someone can think his problem is that he's writing a popular comic, written for the big audience, and that it's a problem since the big audience sometimes doesn't understand much this kind of twisted aesthetic: "it could be fine if it were artwork, but ey, it's just a comic". But I think he just does it pretty well in, let me borrow zellogan's words, not giving a fuck about people not liking his personal aesthetic like you guys. And everyone only can accept it, or drop the comic. But... have you thought the guy has that kind of personal and particular aesthetic?

In my personal case, I have the luck that I like the weaklings, and the characters that break with easy. Even more if they are shown in the middle of canon strong and cool characters of a good story.

@LoS: Now I think you are missing what the author tries to do with his characters in this arc. "I have to express each character's charms as much as possible, and [rather than the cliches,] I want to draw them to be individual characters, each with their own story. That's why my next goal is to make the readers think 'Fun' and 'Gets into the character', no matter what character is the main character." This is something SIU tried to do just this with Mad Dog. The always very neat abc1233 caught it pretty well:

I'd have thought the Mad Dog would be a bloodthirsty psycho but he avoided fighting anyone and even gave the guy a warning beforehand. Who knows, maybe he turns out to be some sort of anti-hero? He does want to bring down FUG after all.

The point is that there is a story about Mad Dog, and the chapter was mainly focused on presenting that story in an attractive way. This is quite something interesting, because Mad Dog didn't end being just the psycho preluded by his nickname, and I think SIU just accomplished what he wanted in avoiding that chishe, and let us know this guy can have nice gestures. I suppose eveyone wants a flashback about him and his story with FUG.

Lastly, I really like Yeon, but her speech about taking care about who you burn with your fire was lame. I hope SIU is using it as a background to a future lesson by Quatro to her about how to control her powers.

LoS
July 15, 2013, 03:12 AM
I have no problem with weak characters, nor characters who are broken with sad back stories, have had a tough go of it and are just down on their luck types, but honestly for me the majority of Tangsooyook's members are just downright boring. I get the occasional laugh, for the amount of forced humor from Wangnan and the rest of the group I don't laugh enough, but I do laugh at and with them occasionally. The main problem is I don't care what becomes of any of those characters for the most part. Miseng, Goseng, Arkraptor, and Prince are just super boring characters with no real future for me. Yihwa is probably the most boring and bland of the lot, but she probably has the most potential and such just due to her bloodline.

Horyang even if he wasn't strong has an interesting back story, human experiments, corruption of the tower etc. Wangnan gets a pass due to the occasional humor, and because of the ring he carries. You kinda want to learn more about him, but the rest can't be said for the others. I don't care to learn anything more about Miseng, Goseng, Arkraptor, Yihwa, or Prince.

One problem with force feeding us certain characters is that they aren't portrayed or come across exactly how the Author envisioned them. SIU might think he's doing a spot on job with a certain character, but the majority of the readership can't connect or get behind a certain character. Instead of just letting them be we are now getting featurettes on all of them, even if they are semi-failed/boring characters.

ukimix
July 15, 2013, 06:16 AM
I have no problem with weak characters, nor characters who are broken with sad back stories, have had a tough go of it and are just down on their luck types, but honestly for me the majority of Tangsooyook's members are just downright boring. I get the occasional laugh, for the amount of forced humor from Wangnan and the rest of the group I don't laugh enough, but I do laugh at and with them occasionally. The main problem is I don't care what becomes of any of those characters for the most part. Miseng, Goseng, Arkraptor, and Prince are just super boring characters with no real future for me. Yihwa is probably the most boring and bland of the lot, but she probably has the most potential and such just due to her bloodline.

Horyang even if he wasn't strong has an interesting back story, human experiments, corruption of the tower etc. Wangnan gets a pass due to the occasional humor, and because of the ring he carries. You kinda want to learn more about him, but the rest can't be said for the others. I don't care to learn anything more about Miseng, Goseng, Arkraptor, Yihwa, or Prince.

One problem with force feeding us certain characters is that they aren't portrayed or come across exactly how the Author envisioned them. SIU might think he's doing a spot on job with a certain character, but the majority of the readership can't connect or get behind a certain character. Instead of just letting them be we are now getting featurettes on all of them, even if they are semi-failed/boring characters.

I don't see anywhere the majority you talk about. Do we have stats, or does anyone have made a survey? Because if not, then that's just a mere speculation.

Anyhow, what everybody should have to keep in mind is that SIU knows what he is doing. His weak characters is something he is intentionally developing; and I suppose the best we can do as readers is to see how that development ends, so that we could make a fair appreciation of those characters. Of course, he can fail in what he tries to do. But by now, nobody knows it. So that every current complain about those characters could only mean: "up to now, I don't like it". (Possibly that is the worst part of ToG, those boring complains of its readers in regards to Tangsooyoook members). But you can't/shouldn't bet you will say that tomorrow. Not with SIU, imo.

TheBoss
July 15, 2013, 10:04 AM
SiU is a master troll, we shouldnt forget that :teehee

I had an idea, that maybe when the whole showdown with FUG happens, lots of people will die in between. And having members like miseng(who by the way has a lot of hidden potential) die, would add much more impact on Baam.
Not saying that it will happen, but it would be interesting to see.

ukimix
July 18, 2013, 04:59 PM
To make useful our previous discussion about a majority liking/disliking weak characters like the Tangsooyong members, I have created this thread (http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/13834-how-attractive-are-the-weak-characters-of-tog/#entry786657)in batoto, (the biggest english community in commenting ToG). It's a survey aimed to provide stats about how much attractive/unattractive the people find some characters from Tangsooyoong team.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/305/hmg.png

I've created this thread because I'm interested in getting some stats that could be useful in judging, from the point of view of the big audience, just how much SIU has achieved what he's saying in successfully creating like human characters who break easily, as it's said in the market lines above. (I have no doubts about his success in creating strong and cool characters).

A first question is who are those like human characters easily breakable? I think we could work with paradigmatic samples, so that we could avoid in some extend the discussion about who is strong and cool and who is a "like human character who breaks easily". Good examples of like human characters easily breakable would be Miseng, Goseng, Yeon (she still can't manage her powers), and I would include here also Wangnan (we have seen him yelling and crying many times). I won't include Baam or Koon because they are more problematic, on my view.

The thread will try to determinate how much attractive does the big audience find those characters. To do it, we will not ask only for them but also, in order to be able to make a comparison, we also will ask for how attractive you people find some strong and cool characters. Our good examples of this kind of character will be Androssi and Rak. And finally we will add a final question about how attractive you find the whole cast.

So the question is:

how attractive do you find each of the following characters and also the whole cast of ToG?:

Miseng
Goseng
Yeon
Wangnan
Androssi
Rak
Whole cast

All you have to do is to copy the list and write the respective grade in front of each character. We will grade them from 1 to 10, being 10 the grade of the character you find among the most attractive ones, and 1 the grade of the most unattractive ones. I will be updating the general stats from time to time.

Also you can add your comments and opinions, of course. Please, notice that we are not trying to know if the weak characters are as attractive as the strong ones. We can hope the strong will have better grades. The question could be, then, how much better they are? If a weak character gets a final grade of 2 and the strong one gets a grade of 7 or more, I'd think SIU would have failed in his try to captivate the big audience. We'll be able to compare also the grade of the whole cast with the grade of each of the participants.

So there it is.

FrostyMouse
July 18, 2013, 05:48 PM
Wangnan should be burned at the stake. I would've liked to have seen Quaetro burn him up last chapter.

ukimix
July 18, 2013, 09:22 PM
Wangnan should be burned at the stake. I would've liked to have seen Quaetro burn him up last chapter.

We'll see if the big audience finds him attractive or nor. My votes were:

Miseng -----> 6
Goseng-----> 2
Yeon -------> 7
Wangnan --> 8
Androssi----> 10
Rak ---------> 9
Whole cast -> 7

Surprisingly I see several posts with Wangnan taking more points than Rak. lol...

LoS
July 18, 2013, 09:23 PM
It's not just Tangsooyook, Hatsu is an extremely dull and boring character as well. Strong people can be boring characters, so it's not that I don't like weak characters.

ukimix
July 18, 2013, 09:42 PM
It's not just Tangsooyook, Hatsu is an extremely dull and boring character as well. Strong people can be boring characters, so it's not that I don't like weak characters.

But the survey is about what SIU is trying to do with those both kind of characters. I think it's interesting to see what the big audience think about it. Also, the survey will cover two of the characters you find hyperboring: Miseng and Goseng, and will provide some base to get an approximation to judge if, in regards to them, it's true that:

SIU might think he's doing a spot on job with a certain character, but the majority of the readership can't connect or get behind a certain character.

FrostyMouse
July 18, 2013, 10:40 PM
There are people who like Wangnan, but for a variety of reasons, I quite dislike him.

ukimix
July 18, 2013, 10:54 PM
Oh you have made the point clear many many times... I'd like to see how he is perceived by the majority.

thornofcarrion
July 19, 2013, 12:07 AM
He isn't my favorite character but I don't dislike him either. I am just neutral about him. There are times when he annoyed me and times when he was ok.

Mr. Arashi
July 19, 2013, 11:29 AM
I'd prefer the old Wangnam, the one who wants to conquer the Tower. He changed for the sake of the group and hasn't been developed clearly enough to convince us, i think.

About the character, he's above the rest to me but below my favorites like Rachel, Han Sung, Rak or Jinsung.

Nast.J
July 19, 2013, 06:41 PM
I'm feeling very mixed about Wangnan. He pisses me off right now.

He used to be funny, motivated to go up and really serious when he needed to. I remember thinking that this kid had guts and ambitions especially during that moment http://img.batoto.net/comics/2012/06/20/t/read4fe25a1a21c4a/img000007.jpg

And of course, his hinted prince heritage was the only thing that really made me interested about him at first. I mean if Wangnan focused on getting better, he could definitively be someone dangerous and worth getting excited for in the future.

But no instead he became one babysitter, All he does right now is hanging around his team when he's supposed to be one of the leader. He doesn't have any discipline and lacks motivation. He's trained but he's still weak. He proved nothing during the first round of the tournament except showing us that he's still a weakling who only knows how to whine and getting carried by Koon.

I miss his motivation to go up, the way he acted towards everyone (even asslicking his enemies only to get closer to the top.)

Go back to your oldself, Wangnan, you deserve more, where's that Wangnan?

http://img.batoto.net/comics/2012/06/20/t/read4fe25a1a21c4a/img000009.jpg

He's almost as worst as the whole Miseng, Goseng, Akraptor and Prince crew. The only one with potential seems to be Yeon but even her seems to be getting on my nerves lately with the whole ''I can't use my flames properly''. She was more interesting when she went berserk...

Thank god, the old S1 characters are back because the ones from the S2 are boring as hell. (Teamspeaking obviously)

But i still got to give SIU's credit, S2's team must seem week but their backgrounds are actually well done, they all are different from one another and that's quite the feat considering how many important characters exist in ToG. They might not be my cup of tea but I'm pretty sure some other people would like them or enjoy them so as long as other people enjoy them, SIU didn't create them in vain.

Besides, I'm happy enough that we got to know interesting characters such as Urek, Ha Jinsung, Karaka, Mad Dog during this season.

mup
July 19, 2013, 08:13 PM
this is my personal disappointment the whole concept of the Tower or as i see it at the moment is to get to the top and all of your wishes will come true yeah that a survival story when the 2nd season started you did felt the despair to get to the top but now that urgency is lost with (you can take the test as many time as you want) that just loses it tense atmosphere of the character

ukimix
July 20, 2013, 12:11 AM
Up to now, some stats from the thread in batoto:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1203/cxjt.png

Clearly Goseng is the most unattractive character and Rak the favorite of the group of people who voted. Ohhhhh, Wangnan at the level of Androssi and Ra, lol.

TheBoss
July 20, 2013, 12:53 PM
There are people who like Wangnan, but for a variety of reasons, I quite dislike him.
I though that too, but weirdly enough I grew attached to him.

Nast.J
July 26, 2013, 02:40 PM
Since it would have been offtopic in the discussion/prediction thread of the latest chapter. I prefered answering here.

I don't think Enryu or the number one ranker will have that much importance in the story. They are just extremely strong beings that are bigger than the tower. The number one ranker is a confirmed god in the "talse user story" universe & Enryu is probably on his way to become one as well (an exis). I don't think Baam needs to become that strong. If he can (together with Wangnam, Koon & the others) change the current laws of the tower, it will already be his win. Lots of characters around Baam have that in common: they hate the rules of the tower & want something to change.

I disagree. I believe Phantaminium and Enryu will have an importance in the story. At the very least, Phantaminium because i'm pretty sure that someone who erased almost all the royal forces of Zahard and who didn't fight against Zahard for whatever reason is going to be back.

We at least need to know the reason for his leave in front of Zahard. It might even be in the form of a flashback or something but i'm pretty sure that if Baam happens to meet Zahard (and that we didn't get any Phantaminium news before that), that the latter is going to mention something about irregulars in general and talk about them. There's a very important reason why Phanta didn't attack Zahard on that day, it might even be related to Baam.

One of my hypothesis is that Baam happens to be Phantaminium's son and that Phanta went berserk in order to find his son but just when he faced Zahard, Zahard threatened him of killing Baam if he didn't leave and since that day, Zahard sealed Baam in that cave so that Phanta could never attack him and find Baam.

Why would SIU go trough the trouble of telling us the background story of Phanta (who happened to meet Yuri which was the only one he didn't kill) and Enryu just for them to have no importance later on? It doesn't add up.

Who knows but the reason Yuri might have wanted to meet Urek Mazino is because she saw how amazing or strong an irregular can be trough Phanta's apparition.

It's just that i suspect that Baam will want to know where he comes from later on. At that time, he'll need to learn that from an irregular!

Besides Urek entered the tower to find Phantaminium and we will need to know the reason for that as well. So in a way, Phanta has already had enough importance in the story such as motivating another irregular to enter the tower. That same irregular who brought up many changes in the tower and who made a group called Wingthree (Wolhaiksong) whose reputation is as great as one of the 10 families. And that same Phanta might have caused the meeting between Yuri/Urek as mentionned earlier and there's many more secrets that need to be revealed because of him like i mentionned earlier (his meeting with Zahard etc..). So yes, he will have an importance be it trough flashback or trough actual apparition.

As for Enryu, we don't know that much about him yet but i suspect he will have an importance as well and will start to move later on. There's still long ways to go, not having heard (or see them) about them as of now doesn't mean we won't later on.

About the second part, I do believe Baam needs to be that strong because we have no clue about Zahard's strenght. We've heard about Enryu and Phanta's amazing works but we tend to underestimate Zahard's achievement. He climbed with only 10 guys the whole tower and was definitively stronger than his friends for he managed to become the king. Everyone in the tower is scared of him.

It is better to be very strong than to be just strong especially when you have no clue about your enemy's strenght, it's not because we didn't hear Zahard doing stuff like Phanta/Enryu that he's not capable of doing them.

Btw hating the current laws of the tower doesn't mean you will be able to do something against them, the only one who can challenge Zahard is an irregular. Therefore all of his friends are only capable of going against the bodyguards or the head of the families nothing more, the only role they can have is to enable Baam to fight in a 1v1 vs Zahard without interruption, nothing more. And if Baam isn't at Zahard's level, no friends who wants to change the laws of the tower, no matter their number will change the fact that he's going to get defeated.

NoT LucK e
July 28, 2013, 03:51 PM
Man its been awhile since ive been around here.

Anyway big Tower of God fan here.

Just happy to have somewhere to talk about it.

Edit: oh man look at that sig

uglymonkey
July 30, 2013, 02:58 PM
Anyone else waiting for the moment when Baam uses Urek Mazino's fiery destruction technichque (or whatever its called, since there were like two pages of text for announcing that tech when he used it)?

So far Baam has copied every technique that have come in contact with him so this one should be no different. Too bad he didn't get to see the spiral lightning cannon Urek used to disintegrate those two rankers tho:teehee

abc1233
July 30, 2013, 03:38 PM
Anyone else waiting for the moment when Baam uses Urek Mazino's fiery destruction technichque (or whatever its called, since there were like two pages of text for announcing that tech when he used it)?

So far Baam has copied every technique that have come in contact with him so this one should be no different. Too bad he didn't get to see the spiral lightning cannon Urek used to disintegrate those two rankers tho:teehee

Moved your post to the general hangout thread, didn't think it was worth making a new thread over.

As for for your point, yeah I'm pretty sure he'll use it eventually, I doubt SIU's original excuse for him not using it would hold up if it reaches a point where he needs to use it or he dies. Whether it's stronger than HJGPS remains to be seen though.

syx
July 30, 2013, 06:42 PM
I started to read all the chapters of ToG again, so I could take some notes and pay attention to the author's afterwords, because I skipped most of them in my first reading. Actually, I realized way later that those notes are from the author.

Now, I noticed that there is a guy called "Crazy" who sometimes writes notes between the panels. Who is this guy? The translator? Editor?

Nast.J
July 30, 2013, 07:14 PM
Now, I noticed that there is a guy called "Crazy" who sometimes writes notes between the panels. Who is this guy? The translator? Editor?
Yeah CrazyRed is one of the editor of Thecompany which is the team that does Tower of God (if my memory serves me right)

NoT LucK e
July 30, 2013, 09:49 PM

I'll wet myself....most likely.

TheMoa
July 30, 2013, 10:42 PM
Since it would have been offtopic in the discussion/prediction thread of the latest chapter. I prefered answering here.

I disagree. I believe Phantaminium and Enryu will have an importance in the story. At the very least, Phantaminium because i'm pretty sure that someone who erased almost all the royal forces of Zahard and who didn't fight against Zahard for whatever reason is going to be back.

We at least need to know the reason for his leave in front of Zahard. It might even be in the form of a flashback or something but i'm pretty sure that if Baam happens to meet Zahard (and that we didn't get any Phantaminium news before that), that the latter is going to mention something about irregulars in general and talk about them. There's a very important reason why Phanta didn't attack Zahard on that day, it might even be related to Baam.

One of my hypothesis is that Baam happens to be Phantaminium's son and that Phanta went berserk in order to find his son but just when he faced Zahard, Zahard threatened him of killing Baam if he didn't leave and since that day, Zahard sealed Baam in that cave so that Phanta could never attack him and find Baam.

Why would SIU go trough the trouble of telling us the background story of Phanta (who happened to meet Yuri which was the only one he didn't kill) and Enryu just for them to have no importance later on? It doesn't add up.

Who knows but the reason Yuri might have wanted to meet Urek Mazino is because she saw how amazing or strong an irregular can be trough Phanta's apparition.

It's just that i suspect that Baam will want to know where he comes from later on. At that time, he'll need to learn that from an irregular!

Besides Urek entered the tower to find Phantaminium and we will need to know the reason for that as well. So in a way, Phanta has already had enough importance in the story such as motivating another irregular to enter the tower. That same irregular who brought up many changes in the tower and who made a group called Wingthree (Wolhaiksong) whose reputation is as great as one of the 10 families. And that same Phanta might have caused the meeting between Yuri/Urek as mentionned earlier and there's many more secrets that need to be revealed because of him like i mentionned earlier (his meeting with Zahard etc..). So yes, he will have an importance be it trough flashback or trough actual apparition.

As for Enryu, we don't know that much about him yet but i suspect he will have an importance as well and will start to move later on. There's still long ways to go, not having heard (or see them) about them as of now doesn't mean we won't later on.

About the second part, I do believe Baam needs to be that strong because we have no clue about Zahard's strenght. We've heard about Enryu and Phanta's amazing works but we tend to underestimate Zahard's achievement. He climbed with only 10 guys the whole tower and was definitively stronger than his friends for he managed to become the king. Everyone in the tower is scared of him.

It is better to be very strong than to be just strong especially when you have no clue about your enemy's strenght, it's not because we didn't hear Zahard doing stuff like Phanta/Enryu that he's not capable of doing them.

Btw hating the current laws of the tower doesn't mean you will be able to do something against them, the only one who can challenge Zahard is an irregular. Therefore all of his friends are only capable of going against the bodyguards or the head of the families nothing more, the only role they can have is to enable Baam to fight in a 1v1 vs Zahard without interruption, nothing more. And if Baam isn't at Zahard's level, no friends who wants to change the laws of the tower, no matter their number will change the fact that he's going to get defeated.

It's a good theory, but I don't think or expect it to be the case. Phantaminium is too much of a force, he's an Exis and all, so he holds the power to trash the story by himself. I believe that we'll see something form him, but something more like a cameo or a flashback. On the other hand, I think we'll Enryu a little more. It is said that Headdon is looking for him... and we know that Headdon is involved in the FUG/Rachel plot, remais to be seen what's his intentions, but I think that will influence a little bit more in what we see from Enryu

zelllogan
July 31, 2013, 02:52 PM
If you never saw it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIOoiCumbRE

strixflash
August 07, 2013, 07:03 AM
Anak is kind of annoying in this arc to be honest ~_~ Koon and Viole are lately interesting...

Viole would shine more if he was not held by SIU's shonen limitations >_< I thought he finally turned into a dark anti-hero, but later on he turned out the same generic "I will sacrifice myself for my friends" idiot which I hate.

THM Nindo
August 09, 2013, 07:43 PM
Anak is kind of annoying in this arc to be honest ~_~

Totally disagree.

She was my favorite character from Part 1, and she still is.
She's just plain awesome.

Androssi and her rules this manhwa, IMO :tem

shaheer
August 10, 2013, 12:52 PM
I dun liked and never liked either of the princess.. too annoying and batty.
For the reason of androssi opening to Baam i suppose she is less of an annoyance to me

syx
August 10, 2013, 03:04 PM
Don't set the bar so high for the princesses. Not every princess is like the gorgeous and epic Yuri, the everlasting glory of Zahard! :hip

I also don't like characters with the personality of Anak. But I do like the fact that there are characters such as her. Actually, Anak is pretty cool - and funny from time to time - when she is not fighting.

Androssi is Androssi. I'm really curious about her future role in the story, because her potential is huge. I hope SIU knows that, too. Like her a lot somehow.

The best part for me is the fact that the princesses are very strong in this series. They are not useless medics or weak spectators, where you burst out with anger whenever you see a panel wasted on them. That's a big plus!

Nevertheless, no one comes - even - close to Yuri. I really miss her. When was the last time we saw her? In the prologue?

TheBoss
August 12, 2013, 07:29 AM
Not every princess is like the gorgeous and epic Yuri, the everlasting glory of Zahard! :hip

:hi5
But yeah, I miss her too. We all know she will show up somewhere, kinda how she did on the 2nd floor.
Yet we dont know what repellista asked her, nor (even if its a bit obvious) who she was looking for.

syx
August 12, 2013, 07:46 AM
But yeah, I miss her too. We all know she will show up somewhere, kinda how she did on the 2nd floor.
Yet we dont know what repellista asked her, nor (even if its a bit obvious) who she was looking for.

Hmh... wasn't it implied that Repellista asked for the Flower of Zygaena?

[From Chapter #33 of Part II (http://img.batoto.net/comics/2012/09/30/t/read5067e1499399c/img000036.jpg)]
Urek: "Contact Yuri. Tell her I've found it."

ukimix
August 25, 2013, 08:25 PM
SIU wrote an advertisement short webtoon for a movie called: "Shadow Hunters".

Here (http://movie.naver.com/movie/mzine/cstory.nhn?nid=1797&page=2) you can find it.

And here a summary posted by Random Webtoon-Fan, who adds that it doesn't reveal much about the story:

A girl feels strange and goes to a club she never been, feeling urge to go there. Witnesses a murder scene, but no one else sees it, and there are no bodies left. The boy who was murderer, explains to the girl that she is a 'Shadow Hunter' a half angel, half human made to fight demons. And she decides to join.

Nice drawings.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Godai (TheCompany translator) confirmed (via PM) the translation of a commnet posted by SIU in his blog in regards to the final note of chapter 2-76. He said, he will be adding it soon. I re-host here the final note to ease the reading:

http://img.batoto.net/comics/2013/08/25/t/read5219a0fd8d65d/img000033.jpg

And here the additional note written by SIU: http://inutero3334.blog.me/140195560270

and the translation made by Godai:

2013. 08. 19

I feel that some people are even more confused by this week's afterword.
I wrote it trying to help people understand the webtoon, but I needlessly increased the confusion.
Currently, in terms of progressing the webtoon's plot, I think it would be good to accept Emile's last words as truth while reading.

(What SIU would mean is that in the afterword for chapter 2.76, he mentioned that Emile answers based on what she has been told, and can even say different things to different people. Some people started saying that Viole might not be the prize for the Workshop Battle, and that Beta tricked him. What SIU is saying is that it'd be much better to see that what Emile said is true.)

The second part is about the webtoon SIU was asked to draw for that Mortal Instruments movie with Lily Collins in it (It's called "Shadow Hunters: City of Bones" in Korea), and therefore is irrelevant. I think I'll translate that for the chapter regardless.

The post above this refers to the movie in reference.

Nast.J
August 25, 2013, 08:26 PM
Indeed, those are some nice drawings. The guy kinda looks like Urek Mazino but with blue eyes instead, having the trailer of that movie i can actually notice the similarity between both works. I wonder if he gets alot of money from those advertisings because i know he did the same thing with the movied called ''Cloud Atlas''.

Anyways, thanks for sharing.

syx
September 05, 2013, 03:01 PM
I don't think that ToG is unpopular enough that it can go completely unnoticed, I mean it gets over 700k monthly views on mangafox alone. I found the Daft Punk part pretty funny but I'm just worried it could come back to hit SIU in the future, especially if ToG becomes more popular.
Of course it's a different story when we talk about ToG's increase in popularity in the future. I was more talking about the present. If ToG were popular enough right now, don't you think SIU would be already in "trouble"?

Not to mention that I don't know how the legal situation between Korea and the music industry is. Maybe SIU didn't do anything against the law? Or as long as ToG isn't published internationally in form of "books" or as an Anime, there won't be any problems. And even then, they will most likely delete or change those panels in the chapter.

0Xellos
September 06, 2013, 04:35 PM
Indeed, those are some nice drawings. The guy kinda looks like Urek Mazino but with blue eyes instead, having the trailer of that movie i can actually notice the similarity between both works. I wonder if he gets alot of money from those advertisings because i know he did the same thing with the movied called ''Cloud Atlas''.

Anyways, thanks for sharing.

Advertising stuff in general is well paid, and a webtoon artist earns less compared to (for example) a typical mangaka, so I'd say doing those trailers is really worth it :)

ukimix
September 22, 2013, 06:31 AM
From SIU's twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQjnEkhCMAAKRLn.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTUvV3CCUAAEBah.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTUmrC9CIAAXlrS.jpg:large

Couldn't be Rachel drawing entitled 'Innocence'?

... I want a new mug.