PDA

View Full Version : ヽ( `д´)ノ---------------θ☆( *o*)/

raDar
June 05, 2011, 05:55 AM
Hello there, I'm raDar. You can call me Rad, or RD. I'm warning you I suck at intros.

Well, I first loved watching anime since I was a kid. The first anime I fell in love with (as far as I can remember) is Mojacko which is based on a manga from Fujiko Fujio F etitled (Bokua, if I'm not mistaken). Now, I seldom watch anime anymore since I've been exposed to mangas. I'm a sucker of One Piece. It's been the core of my love for manga (especially shonen). Other than here, I'm also a resident poster in apforums.net...

Right now, I'm part of a scanlation group and acts as a typesetter and trains as a cleaner.

Hope to get along with you all. O0

If ever you were annoyed or anything to this thread, kindly report Iceiphoenix. (ಠ益ಠ)

Zeltrax
June 05, 2011, 06:02 AM
Apforums :lmao that place is where I usually get my laugh and my hate for other manga besides one piece..
:oh
Anyway, welcome to MH. So you're in the same group as icei?
What's your fav anime?
Fav one piece character?

raDar
June 05, 2011, 06:07 AM
Apforums :lmao that place is where I usually get my laugh and my hate for other manga besides one piece..
:oh
Yeah, APF is a great place if you want to hate/troll a series. Do you have an account there?

Anyway, welcome to MH. So you're in the same group as icei?

Nah, I can't take working with that missy.

What's your fav anime?
If it comes to series, I guess I'll go with Gintama. If it's movies, ofcourse I'll go with Studio Ghibli films. :3

Fav one piece character?

You know what? There's so many likable characters in OP so this is a hard question for me but if I am to choose, its between Franky and Usopp (especially Fatsopp).

Iceiphoenix
June 05, 2011, 09:16 AM
You made a thread!! :turtle

If ever you were annoyed or anything to this thread, kindly report Iceiphoenix. (ಠ益ಠ)

Oi, oi, oi, whaaat? :box

You are now turning into Heid. :pwnge

@ Zel - I stumbled upon the very new scanlating group that he's in, and he asked for typesetting tips and critiques from me. :3c

alphabeta
June 05, 2011, 09:39 AM
Same group as Icey? What manga do you typeset? Bakuman? :3c

Iceiphoenix
June 05, 2011, 09:39 AM
Didn't you read? :oh He's not in the same group as me. :p

alphabeta
June 05, 2011, 09:40 AM
Didn't you read? :oh He's not in the same group as me. :p

no i didn't :scry

Iceiphoenix
June 05, 2011, 09:44 AM
Anyway, questions for raDar:

What made you join CWL? What made you join MH? How many pages do you think you've typesetted by now? Favourite colour?

Zeltrax
June 05, 2011, 09:56 AM
Yeah, APF is a great place if you want to hate/troll a series. Do you have an account there?

Yeh my user over there have 225 added to it but im mostly
lurking and laughing at trolls :lmao

So I heard, shes icei sensei now? :3c

If it comes to series, I guess I'll go with Gintama. If it's movies, ofcourse I'll go with Studio Ghibli films. :3
:woo another tama fan, have you been following it and are you like me, who watches the anime only?
Or do you read it too?

Franky is next to luffy and brook for me :tem
How do you find the fishman island flashbacks?

phio_chan
June 05, 2011, 10:15 AM
Hi there, raDar! Welcome to MH, have a wonderful stay. :)

Ah, so you're part of CWL too? I'm sorry if I hadn't noticed that, been absent from CWL for a very long time now. ^^"

raDar
June 05, 2011, 10:20 AM
Anyway, questions for raDar:

What made you join CWL? What made you join MH?

Mainly because of SA, their first project. And because I want to venture in the scanlation industry.

How many pages do you think you've typesetted by now?
Hmmm, only a few. I can safely say its more than 100 pages but less than 250.

Favourite colour?
Don't have any. But I always prefer blue.

Yeh my user over there have 225 added to it but im mostly
lurking and laughing at trolls :lmao
Hmm, I'll hunt you. You could drop a message on my profile there. I'll pm you my user if ever you're interested. lol

So I heard, shes icei sensei now? :3c
Truth hurts, yes.

:woo another tama fan, have you been following it and are you like me, who watches the anime only?
Or do you read it too?
I think we're the same. Just watched the anime but I'm still catching up with the new season so I'm not up to date.

How do you find the fishman island flashbacks?
I think its okay. The only problem atleast for me was it was a bit rushed. Things happened without detailed explanations, but I think Oda's just trying to show what Jinbe (the one telling the flashback) really knew about those past couple of decades.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Hi there, raDar! Welcome to MH, have a wonderful stay. :)

Ah, so you're part of CWL too? I'm sorry if I hadn't noticed that, been absent from CWL for a very long time now. ^^"

Yeah, you had your leave when I joined. Thanks phio! Hope you be back in action soon. :D

phio_chan
June 05, 2011, 10:27 AM
You're welcome. I hope so too. Oh, well, I guess I can stay around when holidays come. But I'm an editor (=proofreader) in a Taiwanese drama fansub group as well, and the script is way longer than manga, so I'll see to it later. :P

How are you enjoying your work at CWL now? Is Icei a good senpai? *cough*

raDar
June 05, 2011, 10:34 AM
You're welcome. I hope so too. Oh, well, I guess I can stay around when holidays come. But I'm an editor (=proofreader) in a Taiwanese drama fansub group as well, and the script is way longer than manga, so I'll see to it later. :P
Ooh, that's why. I'll be waiting there. ^^

How are you enjoying your work at CWL now?
Right now, everybody's mia so its just me and another TSer/cleaner who does the work. Noe, is quite busy too so she's behind the script.

Is Icei a good senpai? *cough*
................................ lol

phio_chan
June 05, 2011, 10:38 AM
For now, the main reason is university. Too busy. Once I'm on holiday, everything will be sorted easier. :D

Ah, I see. Haha, Noe-chan loves to work behind the scenes indeed, providing best translations~ ^__^

raDar
June 05, 2011, 10:48 AM
I understand for tomorrow is the start of my new semester. TAT

I'll be MIA soon, too. I really hope we could catch up with weekly releases.

Charlie
June 05, 2011, 01:41 PM
Hey raDar~

Another nice user name, whos the guy in your avatar?

raDar
June 05, 2011, 05:42 PM
Hey raDar~

Another nice user name, whos the guy in your avatar?

Yo, Charlie. ^^

It's Baby Bossun from Sket Dance.

Iceiphoenix
June 05, 2011, 09:26 PM
Charlie!! Y U NO READ SKET DANCE?! :yelling

Anyway... raDar, I'm an excellent senpai. Where would you be without me and my extensive knowledge of fonts? :3c

Charlie
June 05, 2011, 09:33 PM
Charlie!! Y U NO READ SKET DANCE?! :yelling

Anyway... raDar, I'm an excellent senpai. Where would you be without me and my extensive knowledge of fonts? :3c

I tend to stay in the action/fight genre.

Iceiphoenix
June 05, 2011, 09:40 PM
Psh, fine, fine... Suit yourself. http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/tuzki-bunnys/tuzki-bunny-emoticon-041.gif

raDar
June 06, 2011, 01:18 AM

Yeah, brag about it now. :spank (omg this emot is win)

I tend to stay in the action/fight genre.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I order you to read it, as in now!

If you want to know how the story goes, you can use Gintama as a measuring tape. It's much similar.

Iceiphoenix
June 06, 2011, 01:59 AM
So raDar, what do you think of Apple products? :oh

Also, once you become an awesome typesetter under my tutelage, I'll drag you to IEM. :3c

raDar
June 06, 2011, 02:43 AM
So raDar, what do you think of Apple products? :oh

Eh, Apple products... I only have an iPod Classic so I can't really say anything (I want to own a Mac though, TAT).

I think its great. And yet Apple is one selfish derp (which makes them cool), if you know what I mean.

Also, once you become an awesome typesetter under my tutelage, I'll drag you to IEM. :3c

Let's see...:wtf

Zeltrax
June 06, 2011, 02:46 AM
How do you find Gintoki?
Who's your fav character in gintama?
He's my fav male character in the entire world of animanga so far :3c

I think its okay. The only problem atleast for me was it was a bit rushed. Things happened without detailed explanations, but I think Oda's just trying to show what Jinbe (the one telling the flashback) really knew about those past couple of decades.
There's quite alot of people complaining that it is too long but I believe it is necessary for what lays ahead.
And yeah I agree with what you said about Jinbe, now everything about him is cleared up..well almost :oh
Do you think he'll join the SHs? A lot of people have been assuming that.
Although, I wonder if Hodi is fit to be main big bad in this arc.

raDar
June 06, 2011, 03:05 AM
How do you find Gintoki?
Who's your fav character in gintama?
He's my fav male character in the entire world of animanga so far :3c
I really like Gin too. I like the three of them. But my favorite will be Kagura. Especially with the voice of her seiyu.

There's quite alot of people complaining that it is too long but I believe it is necessary for what lays ahead.
And yeah I agree with what you said about Jinbe, now everything about him is cleared up..well almost :oh
Do you think he'll join the SHs? A lot of people have been assuming that.
Although, I wonder if Hodi is fit to be main big bad in this arc.

Yeah, for me it really is a bit rushed, especially Tiger's part. Hmm, actually I'm a "Jinbe-4-nakama" supporter but I don't expect too much, knowing Oda's way to handle surprises. But the last two chapters had all Shirahoshi-4-nakama supporters go bananas so right now, I really don't know. :x

About Hodi, I don't think the SH will be the ones to pwn him and his crew but rather Fukaboshi. So I believe someone bigger is due to appear soon.

phio_chan
June 06, 2011, 08:49 AM
I understand for tomorrow is the start of my new semester. TAT

I'll be MIA soon, too. I really hope we could catch up with weekly releases.

Good luck with new semester! ...Although I admit I can't be very excited at the beginning of new semester as well. =___= High school or college? :)

Ah, that's too bad. I hope you guys can still provide the best releases! :D

raDar
June 06, 2011, 10:10 AM
Good luck with new semester! ...Although I admit I can't be very excited at the beginning of new semester as well. =___= High school or college? :)

Ah, that's too bad. I hope you guys can still provide the best releases! :D

I'm in college, my 4th year to be exact. I dunno, but here you get to see the same faces you had last semester so nothing to be excited about. And I often hang out with my classmates during the summer vacation.

phio_chan
June 07, 2011, 10:06 AM
I see. It would be the same for me too. Soon I'll finish my first year at university, wow. It feels so fast. Like you, I'll stick with same people all the year, and although it's pretty fun, it could be boring as well. But what made me not excited on the beginning of new semester is because I usually find something interesting to do near the end of the holiday and I'm sad that it has to end. =___=

raDar
June 08, 2011, 10:16 AM
Haha, now that you said that... I ventured in joining a scanlation group 1 month before my new semester comes. And right now it started so I'm sad I won't be very active as much as I had for the last couple of weeks. TAT

It's weird that my classmates now are the ones from the other class last year. Just a couple of my old friends and classmates have stayed. Curse the first come first serve enrollment policy... Oh well, I think I'll just try to adapt for the coming weeks.

Zeltrax
June 08, 2011, 11:19 PM
You like Shinpachi :s?
Rie Kugimiya is my favourite female seiyuu just because she did Taiga :XD
and also Tsundere queen as they call her.

So I believe someone bigger is due to appear soon.
I hope so but there's no foreshadowing of that someone yet or if any I missed it.
For me, I believe no one will be joining the SH yet.

raDar
June 09, 2011, 06:58 AM
You like Shinpachi :s?
Yes. Isn't he likeable?

Rie Kugimiya is my favourite female seiyuu just because she did Taiga :XD
and also Tsundere queen as they call her.
Taiga as in Tora Dora?? Really? I never distinguished it.

So you're a Tora Dora fanatic? If so, then recommend a series which is like Tora Dora's romance 'coz I don't know why (I'm not into LS animes) but Tora Dora is an unforgettable series for me. It's just, the feeling of watching it, not too moe, not too cheesy, just perfectly blended for my appetite. >.<

I hope so but there's no foreshadowing of that someone yet or if any I missed it.
For me, I believe no one will be joining the SH yet.

Yeah, there's none. But we really don't know.

I will really be surprised if no one joins the SH after this arc. If there's the rightest moment for a mer/fishfolk to joing Luffy's crew, it is after this arc. And this arc just showed SH's weaknesses when it comes to underwater.

Zeltrax
June 09, 2011, 07:12 AM
Well I don't pay shinpachi that much attention but I guess his role as the straight man is also important.

yeah, putting her tsundere roles aside she also have a wide range of roles..like Happy from ft and alphonse from fma. She's that awesome :lmao
Toradora is one of my fav.
not really a fanatic, I just really loved it back then.

If you're looking for something similar to toradora, I recommend lovely complex..but theres no harem or triangle relationships there.
Its one of the best romance anime out there imo.
Or if you haven't already, Clannad. But the romance there starts later in the story.

Like you I also hope for someone joining in this arc but I don't get the vibes from Shirahoshi or Jinbei...yet. But I guess you may be right about Jinbei though.

Iceiphoenix
June 09, 2011, 07:14 AM
raDar! o/

Progress report on CWL projects, please! :nod

raDar
June 09, 2011, 07:39 AM
yeah, putting her tsundere roles aside she also have a wide range of roles..like Happy from ft and alphonse from fma. She's that awesome :lmao
Toradora is one of my fav.
not really a fanatic, I just really loved it back then.

If you're looking for something similar to toradora, I recommend lovely complex..but theres no harem or triangle relationships there.
Its one of the best romance anime out there imo.
Or if you haven't already, Clannad. But the romance there starts later in the story.

Clannad, really? It's a hardcore harem right? With very moe-looking characters. My friend really recommended it for me a long time ago, said that it will make me have manly tears. But never had picked it up, maybe lack of motivation. I'll look for that Lovely Complex though. Thanks.

Like you I also hope for someone joining in this arc but I don't get the vibes from Shirahoshi or Jinbei...yet. But I guess you may be right about Jinbei though.
Let us just see. I'll be damned if a character other than those two will join. As others said, might be Hyozou.

raDar! o/

Progress report on CWL projects, please! :nod

Aren't you an impatient one, Ice? Well, I finished cleaning Ikkyuu until the latest chapter (4) but the translation is just up to chapter 2 (we need translators!!) so there might be a double release this Friday. SA, on the other hand, might have a triple release again, but the you will notice the cleans in each chapter is very inconsistent.

There, now give me cookies. :cookiestare

I want you to work on a chapter for us!

Iceiphoenix
June 09, 2011, 08:37 AM
Aren't you an impatient one, Ice? Well, I finished cleaning Ikkyuu until the latest chapter (4) but the translation is just up to chapter 2 (we need translators!!) so there might be a double release this Friday. SA, on the other hand, might have a triple release again, but the you will notice the cleans in each chapter is very inconsistent.

There, now give me cookies. :cookiestare

I want you to work on a chapter for us!

It's just been a while... I was getting worried. :worrybunny

Woo! Good job! Keep up the good work, ok? Good translators are super hard to get a hold of... and they're usually super busy too. :darn

You can have a cookie monster. :cookiehand

Great news! I have a super long weekend until Tuesday! I can probably help out. :nod

raDar
June 09, 2011, 08:47 AM
Go to our irc now if you are not busy. #cw-lies

Iceiphoenix
June 11, 2011, 09:13 AM
Heyo! o/

Good job on the double releases of Ikkyuu and Sengoku Armors! :D

Though some of the pages in SA totally killed my eyes. @_@ What happened there? :darn

raDar
June 11, 2011, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I told you the cleaning really got off in chapter 7. I really don't know what happened. They still are getting used to Heid's way of cleaning so I guess that's why. >.<

Iceiphoenix
June 11, 2011, 09:29 AM
Ahh, I see. :darn

Well at least it's much better in chapter 10! :thumbs

raDar
June 11, 2011, 09:37 AM
Lol, about that. Our translator got a bit hurt about your comment on her translations being "dodgy". :v

Iceiphoenix
June 11, 2011, 09:42 AM
What? No!!! I meant the new line for each vertical Japanese line. :darn

Imperium
June 11, 2011, 09:43 AM
So you're in the same group as icei? Cool.

:neutral

What are your favourite hobbies besides manga/anime?

Iceiphoenix
June 11, 2011, 09:45 AM
I'm just helping out their group. :XD I'm not officially part of CWL. :p

raDar
June 11, 2011, 09:48 AM
What? No!!! I meant the new line for each vertical Japanese line. :darn

Then I'm to be blamed. I misread your pm since you included the word "super dodgy" together with the comments about the script. Shoot me in the head, as in now.

What are your favourite hobbies besides manga/anime?

I enjoy watching foreign movies. :D

Imperium
June 11, 2011, 09:49 AM
CWL....Ah, you scanlators and your love for abbreviations. Does this CWL have a full name?

Foreign movies? Any particular favourites?

(Im guessing foreign as everything non-pinoy right?)

Iceiphoenix
June 11, 2011, 09:54 AM
Then I'm to be blamed. I misread your pm since you included the word "super dodgy" together with the comments about the script. Shoot me in the head, as in now.

:darn Please go clear it up as soon as possible!

And okay!
:guns :oh <-You

raDar
June 11, 2011, 10:01 AM
CWL....Ah, you scanlators and your love for abbreviations. Does this CWL have a full name?
It stands for Clockwork Lies. Though, we also use CLS as another abbreviation.

Foreign movies? Any particular favourites?

(Im guessing foreign as everything non-pinoy right?)

Yeah, everything non-pinoy. Uhm, let me see *looks at facebook account* here's some of it:
Fish Story
Kill Bill
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Shawshank Redemption
Spirited Away

And lots more. xD

How do you happen to know the word "Pinoy"??

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

:darn Please go clear it up as soon as possible!

And okay!
:guns :oh <-You
/resurrects

Ok, right now you're image in CWL is a literal Onihime. >:}

Iceiphoenix
June 11, 2011, 10:03 AM
/resurrects

Ok, right now you're image in CWL is a literal Onihime. >:}

What? Nooo!!! Oh dear lord, were my comments really that brutal? :darn I was writing them as a friendly critique to help CWL improve in speed and quality! :scry

raDar
June 11, 2011, 10:07 AM
Haha, I don't know. Sometimes you can't just accept critiques without hurting first, right? But we all look high on you.

Iceiphoenix
June 11, 2011, 10:10 AM
Ahh, I guess. :darn Well then, I'll go clear this up tomorrow morning. >: It's too late to be writing an apology. :bored

raDar
June 11, 2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah, go have some sleep. I want your comments about my TS in Ikkyuu too. If there are fonts that needs to be changed or whatnot. Ok? :D

Iceiphoenix
June 11, 2011, 10:18 AM
Okay~ Tomorrow, tomorrow~ -3- I'll go look over Ikkyuu again tomorrow as well. :XD

raDar
June 11, 2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks, Ice! Goodnight.

Iceiphoenix
June 12, 2011, 07:22 AM
Clearing up and apology has been sent! :turtle

raDar
June 12, 2011, 09:47 AM
Yay!! :super

xALTx
June 12, 2011, 10:02 AM
Hahaha~ hi guys. Wow~ I registered yesterday and look what have I found here? ^^ I didn't expect to see so many familiar faces lurking in MH XD

*Off to grab helpers*

raDar
June 12, 2011, 10:16 AM
Noeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

xALTx
June 12, 2011, 10:25 AM
RADddddddddddddddddddd!!! :D

MH refuses to let me use '-ALT'... :scry

I was hoping to grab more members over here but I found all of you instead :p

raDar
June 12, 2011, 10:31 AM
Really? Well, MH is old so that name could've been taken already. Noe is cool too. Now go make your own thread. Let everyone know you're a translator. :D

xALTx
June 12, 2011, 10:41 AM
The system prompted that -ALT- doesn't match its requirements... =X I'm too lazy to make an intro thread... so I'll skip that ^^

raDar
June 12, 2011, 10:49 AM
Don't. It won't just be an intro thread. It will be your own thread for the rest if your stay here in MH.

Iceiphoenix
June 12, 2011, 10:53 AM
What radar said... See how much they have spammed some of the threads here in the Member Zone? :XD

raDar
June 12, 2011, 10:58 AM
Don't worry, your safe. Ice there, is a mod of this forum. She'll kick some ass if someone tries to bully you:ohaielmo

xALTx
June 13, 2011, 06:22 AM
Ara~ you're implying that there are actually unknown dangers lurking in this place? :P I'm counting on Feenie then~

raDar
June 13, 2011, 06:41 AM
You never know. This is internet. Trolls everywhere.

Zeltrax
June 13, 2011, 06:44 AM
There certainly is :lmao
You just don't know until they find you.

raDar
June 13, 2011, 06:51 AM
Hey, Zel. Did you see the mini-spoiler the EiC tweeted about One Piece? I really hope the surprise he was talking about connects to the "major" villain I'm saying. lol

Zeltrax
June 13, 2011, 06:54 AM
I usually don't go near spoilers..because they spoil :oh
but anyway, I saw that in the discussion thread and thought the same.
People are saying its tom :lmao

raDar
June 13, 2011, 06:55 AM
People said what? Tomorrow or Tom as in Tom-san? :x

Zeltrax
June 13, 2011, 06:59 AM
Tom-san, saw them over at the discussion thread.
But then maybe its den.
Of course they were just joking :rofl , but a major villain popping up of next chapter is unlike oda.
Oh and nice sig..not sure about the avy tho.

raDar
June 13, 2011, 07:01 AM
Ohh, what now? Tom is alive? OMFGFRANKY.

You never know. I'm so excited for this week's chapter because of that freaking tease.

Isn't my avvy beautiful? Sanjina is awesome.

Zeltrax
June 13, 2011, 07:05 AM
When someone says that one piece has a twist, its usually a really epic twist.
Sanjina :lmao
Oh do you watch the anime/up to date?
I know alot of people at apforums does

raDar
June 13, 2011, 07:18 AM
It does. I'm crossing my fingers its not just a right-in-front-of-your-face twist.

Eh, I stopped watching when right at the start of the flashback. Didn't have that much time. Why?

Zeltrax
June 13, 2011, 07:26 AM
Toei handled it well, better than how they handled the war.
Sabo VA's is naruto and the 2 episodes filler were great, the flashback is good.
For me it gave me the old one piece kindda feeling.
Hard for it to describe.

raDar
June 13, 2011, 07:40 AM
Yes, I lol'd when it was said that Naruto's VA is doing Sabo. You know AP. Maybe I should catch up, I'll download Yibis releases right away. Is it near its ending?

Zeltrax
June 13, 2011, 07:48 AM
Yeah. Around 2 to 3 episodes left to end the flashbacks.
I wonder wat toei will do after the fb, as in how to pan things out or insert fillers :s

raDar
June 13, 2011, 07:51 AM
Yeah, I don't know if there is news in doing a new series after the flashback or just continue the current one.

Zeltrax
June 15, 2011, 08:48 AM
If theres going to be a new series, I want the endings back :pwnge

raDar
June 15, 2011, 09:03 AM
Hmmmm, yeah. Isn't it that the reason they omitted ED songs is to lengthen the OP?

The new chapter of OP looks great also the cover and the spread. I'll stop here since you don't follow spoilers. :x

Zeltrax
June 15, 2011, 06:58 PM
I find it funny that only Sanji is acting oh so cool in the spread.

Isn't it that the reason they omitted ED songs is to lengthen the OP?
I think it has to do with the sunday timeslot or something.
I like 1:30 more than 2:30 for op time but since One piece is special and its not like all the ops are bad, the latest one is gold.

Read the chapter, fangasm. But I have a problem with Jinbei though.

raDar
June 15, 2011, 10:18 PM
I find it funny that only Sanji is acting oh so cool in the spread.

I love the foreshadowing of the colorspread. Especially Robin's. Really hope she can do a clone fleur of herself.

I think it has to do with the sunday timeslot or something.
I like 1:30 more than 2:30 for op time but since One piece is special and its not like all the ops are bad, the latest one is gold.
Yeah, I dig Amuro Namie's electronic pop song. A bit crossing the line, but great.

Read the chapter, fangasm. But I have a problem with Jinbei though.
It seems he's reason is very narrow but I believe Oda can handle this thing better.

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 04:26 AM
Hellooo, dear raDar! o/

Great job with SA, man! CWL has nearly caught up! :amuse Can't wait for more Ikkyuu though! Keep up the good work! :cheerbunny Or I will kick you.

raDar
June 20, 2011, 05:10 AM
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!! Haven't heard from you for a while!!!!:wtf

Yeah, we're so close to cathcing up but Noe got sick and is still recovering.:(

Btw, Heid told me to join Muda and now I'm a trainee. A shame you're not there anymore.:crying

Nice make-over tho..

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 05:19 AM
Haha yeah, I've been busy here and there. :XD

Aww, I hope she gets well as soon as possible! :(

Ohh, I see. :tem I hope you can learn heaps more and polish up your skills there! And most of all, I hope you have fun there as well! :XD I hope you can participate with MRI projects soon. :p You can typeset your beloved Magico! :XD Yeaah, I had to resign from all of the groups that I was in except for one (IEM) because of school... >_>

raDar
June 20, 2011, 05:27 AM
It's my goal to work with you tho I'm kind of intimidated to RH people since they're like the most strict among the three.

Yeah, I heard from Heid your unofficial leave.

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 05:49 AM
Oh yeah, did you pick up anything from chapter 10? :o And haha, I think you're overestimating me here. :XD
Mhm, you're right about Red Hawk, they are like QCing nazis over there! :XD But it's totally worth the QCing trouble in the end, because of the quailty. :thumbs

Ahh... I should go dig out that transfer code thingy... :oh

raDar
June 20, 2011, 05:54 AM
Nah, I just gave them your TS then the next thing I knew, it has been released. XD

I'm still scared of RH... :wtf

What are you digging??

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 06:00 AM
Haha, ok then. :XD I also noticed that you guys adopted a font that I used in ch 10 for the box text... :o

But they're awesome, and that's all that matters. :thumbs

Ahh, when they switched forums, I already had an account on the old one, so they emailed a code for the new one so I keep all my info and data and so that I didn't need to create a new account... Need to find it... >_>

raDar
June 20, 2011, 06:05 AM
Yeah, that's how we look up on your TSing ability. lol

Should we go back using Badaboom in shouts? I'm still very confused. :s

Oooh, go find it. I still see your name in the Retired Staffs.

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 06:12 AM
Aww, thank you! :hug But to put it realistically, I'm still nowhere as good as some awesomely good TSers like my senpai at IEM, the higher-ups RH and just a lot of other experienced typesetters. :XD I've only been typesetting for about 5-6 months, after all. :s

Badaboom for what? SA or Ikkyuu? In my opinion, Badaboom is pretty hard to read if there's a huge hunk of text... The font you guys are using right now for SA is good to read, but it doesn't really give that sense of shouting... :oh

I will, I will. :XD

raDar
June 20, 2011, 06:18 AM
Yeah, who by the way is the first-in-command in IEM? Avalonsayame? So there's like itamaesan/Vaelis of IEM? XD

Yeah, that's my main prob too. If it's badaboom, it becomes hard to read when there's a lot of text while the one we're using now doesn't give much impact especially in saying techniques. Help.. :(

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 06:35 AM
No, the first-in-command would be our founder and boss, Hash. He's away due to real life and the second-in-command is Devilsadvocate. He's been away due to real life as well, but he's coming back soon. :thumbs After Hash and Devy, it would be the Manga Team Elite members. They are Avalonsayame, Aftershocked, Lanie, Eliard and myself. ^^ I would say that Avalonsayame and Aftershocked have the most power out of the elites, since they became elite before the rest of us. Lanie has been part of the team for a while now, and she can do basically all of the scanlating jobs from raw providing, translating, cleaning, proofreading and typesetting. :XD Everyone holds her in high regard and her judgement and opinion is well respected. :nod As for Eliard and I, we were only promoted last week, so we're still getting used to our new position. :p

Hmm... as for shouting fonts... If that's the case, I would recommend maybe Blambot Pro, Yard Sale, Yellowjacket, Zap Raygun or Zud Juice... If they don't really like them, I'm all out of ideas. :XD Or you could just use CCZoinks. I've been using that a lot, and it's given me no problem with huge chunks of text. :p

raDar
June 20, 2011, 06:45 AM
Ohh, so you're one of the higher-ups now, eh? Congratssssss!!!:mootastic Haven't visited IES for a while now. That Lanie is awesome-walking-scanlation-group. Avalonsayame is the one who comes to my mind when its IEM scanlators. I dunno why. lol Oh, I always see Aftershocked too.

Hmm, I'll try all those. So allcaps CCZoinks?

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 06:52 AM
Haha, thank you! :hug
Mhm, and since I'm gonna learn cleaning in the holidays, and if we use Chinese raws, I might try out for translating... :o Wow, I wonder why. :o Haha yeah, well Avs and Afs are quite active on the IES forums. :XD

Yep, all caps! It doesn't look nice if it's not. :neutral

raDar
June 20, 2011, 07:02 AM
I find it reaaally weird that IEM strictly wants all the TS capitalized while ita in muda doesn't.

And I checked one of the TS application in IES... lol You all are sooooooooo strict. Makes me wanna cry. lolol

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 07:10 AM
Well, boss' rules. Can't do anything about it. :p

Haha, that's mainly because of Aftershocked. :p She's a centering nazi and she strives for perfect text arrangement. :XD (Personally, I think that she's the best TSer in IEM. :D) According to others, apparently I'm like a mini version of her. :lmao

Eh, well we want quality typesetters with IEM quality whipped into them! :thumbs

Oh yeah, another thing I've noticed about CWL typesetting... You guys take the diamond rule too seriously sometimes. If the last word of a chunk of text is longer than the others and it won't make a diamond shape, you don't have to split it to make it diamond shaped. Frankly, it's better to avoid any splits rather than having perfect diamond shaped text chunks. :XD And another thing... the diamond shape of the typesetting looks a bit forced sometimes... Or maybe that's just me. >_>

raDar
June 20, 2011, 07:14 AM
Oooh, Ice. Your too high to reach now. lol

Yeah, I haven't told Blazin about that issue but I myself has resolved that by practicing and all.:hip

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 07:18 AM
You can catch up! Keep going~! :cheerbunny Go, go, go! :XD

Ohh, I think he made an account here recently. :thumbs He can maybe chat with us here!

raDar
June 20, 2011, 07:21 AM
Really? Maybe he can, I'll link him to this thread.

I'll be doing a release project in muda. :o

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 07:26 AM
You go do that. :XD

And ohhh, what kind of project? Or is this information top secret? :shifty

raDar
June 20, 2011, 07:39 AM
Nah, its an old project I think. Gotta do half of the monthly chapter. Wish me luck. lol

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 07:41 AM
Ohh, good luck! Hey, that's not too bad. :XD It's just basically one whole weekly chapter! I'm sure you can manage that. :p

raDar
June 20, 2011, 07:55 AM
Heh, My redrawing skills will be tested.:hip

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 08:03 AM
Do you want some practice pages I've collected? Every time I typeset something and I come across a challenging redraw, I always keep it incase someone wants a practice. :XD

raDar
June 20, 2011, 08:05 AM
Sure, I want one. :p

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 08:26 AM
Here's one~ Have fun. :p Just redraw out the curved text and the slanted black text on the left side. Don't worry about the box, the mangaka names or the title logo. :thumbs Try and do it as fast as you can and tell me your time. :XD

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5249/dd910203.jpg

I also have others of varying difficulty, if you want. :D

raDar
June 20, 2011, 08:30 AM
Whaa--- that's difficult. Do you know that I hate redrawing parts that either have grays or patterns? Damn you, Ice.

I'll try to di this tomorrow or the day after that. Don't worry, I won't start now and time later. I'll do it in one session and tell my time. >.<

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 08:35 AM
Hurrdurr~ :derp Don't complain now, this was one of the first few redraws I had to do. Didn't turn out as awesome as I wanted it to, since you could see the brush strokes. >_> But nonetheless, I finished it in the time limit I set for myself, so I was very happy. :nod

What a good and honest man you are! :clap2 You can do it! :cheerbunny

raDar
June 20, 2011, 08:39 AM
So if I finish it good, you'll give me a harder one?

http://files.sharenator.com/challenge_accepted_RE_Artificial_Fears_remake_of_Legend_of_Zelda_songs-s325x265-191454.png

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 08:41 AM
Hmm? But that's one of the hardest ones I've got... Do you want me to give you some easier ones to start out with? And then you move on to this one? :worrybunny

jorped
June 20, 2011, 08:43 AM
Should this be Ice and Radar thread <3 ? :derp

I don't know if i ever said something to you Radar, but either way hi , nice to meet you and you should visit FF :zomg

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 08:51 AM
:fail Imma be modsmacking you, jorped. :modsmack

And yeah, you should visit the FF more often, raDar! :p

Anyhow, off to sleep now! G'night! :bye

raDar
June 20, 2011, 08:55 AM
Haha, thanks, jorped! I will try and visit it.

@Ice: Give me an easier one tomorrow. Goodnight~

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 09:02 AM
Whoops, noticed my unlucky post count... Posting here to get rid of it. :derp

Anyway, I think I have about seven good pages to redraw for you... :p
I'll give them to you tomorrow! And now it's good night for real. :XD

:bye

raDar
June 20, 2011, 09:04 AM
Okay.. :wtf

Night!

Iceiphoenix
June 20, 2011, 04:11 PM
Okay, this is the easiest one I have. :nod Just redraw out the white text, no need to worry about the box. :D

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5940/dd9118.jpg

raDar
June 21, 2011, 10:29 AM
Fuu, thanks. I'm gonna do that after I reinstalled my PS.

Ice, why is it that when I upload a chapter in our group, it says that the manga was already been licensed blah blah. What I'm talking about is Sengoku. Don't wanna bother an admin yet. lol

Iceiphoenix
June 21, 2011, 04:09 PM
MH doesn't host chapters anymore. Read this (http://mangahelpers.com/news/details/376) for more info. o/

raDar
June 21, 2011, 06:36 PM
Oh, yeah I have overlooked that. So I can just post releases in thru news? :D

Iceiphoenix
June 22, 2011, 03:10 AM
No, only mods can post the news, and you just don't post releases here at all. :oh
You can post translations though. :cookiehand

raDar
June 22, 2011, 03:30 AM
Nah, I mean news about the group. I already made one, I think followers are the only ones who will be notified tho.

Iceiphoenix
June 22, 2011, 03:57 AM
...If you look at the updates of other groups, I think that they have all stopped at the time the no hosting rule took over...

And how's the redrawing going, by the way? :3c

raDar
June 22, 2011, 03:26 PM
Oh, okay. Thanks!

I'm still not starting with the redraws, still busy with school, but after today I'll have a 4-day weekend then I'll do it.

Charlie
June 22, 2011, 10:01 PM
Oh, okay. Thanks!

I'm still not starting with the redraws, still busy with school, but after today I'll have a 4-day weekend then I'll do it.

redraws :3c

That is a mysterious technique no jutsu that I will never master.

Sticks with ms paint - ftw. Ms paint i tell you. MS ((OK YOU GOT THE POINT)) :scry

raDar
June 23, 2011, 09:59 AM
wahaha, you're right, Charlie. Redraws are one of the most painful jobs of editors. I give my utmost respect to those who does it very well. :D

Zeltrax
June 23, 2011, 10:07 AM
I don't understand any of this conversation tho :headscratch
Hey radar, how do you feel about the latest chapter?

raDar
June 23, 2011, 10:26 AM
Hey Zel. Last chapter was good. Oda really having the colorspread last week and showing the new abilities this week just made me wow, dunno why. lol
Never thought that the fight won't be stopped just once. Now, I tend to believe this fight really has to have someone beaten down before it ends (obviously Jinbe). Or another major interruption happens, like VDD arriving or whatnot.

Brook's part just made me lol in many ways. I'm starting to love Brook more than I ever had. :x

How bout you?

Zeltrax
June 23, 2011, 10:33 AM
See, brook is awesome :hurr
Me? I like sanji this chapter and also how funny jinbei vs luffy was resolved.
Vdd maybe next chapter?
Alot of people dislike brook and say he hasn't done anything yet and is there for comedic relief.
I disagree :noworry
Do you have any 2nd favorite besides op?

raDar
June 24, 2011, 01:14 AM
What, you also like how Oda throws all the jokes to Sanji?? I think Oda will repay all those for some awesomeness in his fight with VDD (also calling it). Yeah, I also doesn't like Brook preTS. But I'm happy I'm starting to like him. XD

About second, I like to say its Beelzebub. Since I don't read Naruto and have dropped Bleach for a while now.

---------- Post added June 24, 2011 at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was June 23, 2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

Ice! The redraw is killing me. Can't I get the english text before I redraw it? :crying

Iceiphoenix
June 24, 2011, 07:24 AM
English text: A shadow darker than darkness itself envelops the demon world…

...How long have you been redrawing this for? :blink

jorped
June 24, 2011, 05:19 PM
Radar you don't read Naruto ? :yelling

:modsmack

:ck

:chair

You should give it a chance at least :crying

raDar
June 24, 2011, 06:21 PM
English text: A shadow darker than darkness itself envelops the demon world…

...How long have you been redrawing this for? :blink
I tried it yesterday after I finished Ikkyuu 4. lol

Radar you don't read Naruto ? :yelling

:ck

:chair

You should give it a chance at least :crying
It's tooo loooooong to catch up. >.<

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

A quick cloning I made..:cookiestare

http://i.imgur.com/kYatd.png

Not so pleasant, isn't it?

Zeltrax
June 24, 2011, 07:30 PM
About second, I like to say its Beelzebub. Since I don't read Naruto and have dropped Bleach for a while now.
Crazy manga with a bit of everything :rofl
Are you up to date with Gintama yet?

jorped should visit arlongpark :shifty

raDar
June 24, 2011, 07:57 PM
Crazy manga with a bit of everything :rofl
Are you up to date with Gintama yet?
Yeah, it has the action I want from OP/Bleach and other battle mangas out there and has the gagness and craziness that Gintama/Sket Dance have. So its the best of both worlds.

No, I still haven't caught up with Tama. Got busy in school. TAT

jorped should visit arlongpark :shifty
Yeah, I forgot to say this but AP was also the factor I'm not motivated to read Naruto. lol

Iceiphoenix
June 25, 2011, 12:12 AM
Hm, it's acceptable. :cookiestare Just try to avoid those black specks and smudges like next to "A" and "than".

Ready for the next redraw? :3c

raDar
June 25, 2011, 12:34 AM
ahaha, now that you said it.. Ok, give me the next. I might do it later today. :D

Iceiphoenix
June 25, 2011, 12:45 AM
I'll PM the page and the text to you, actually.

raDar
June 25, 2011, 12:50 AM
Received it. I'll pm you the page when I'm done. :3 Thanks!

Iceiphoenix
June 26, 2011, 04:31 AM
raDar!! :D I'm so proud of you! Your cleans have improved so much!! http://www.laymark.com/i/cz/cz08.gif

Training with Heid, I presume? :thumbs

(Just watch out for dust. D: )

raDar
June 26, 2011, 04:41 AM
Fuuu, you make me blush...:hurr

Yeah, thanks to Heid for the cleans.. Btw, give me more creepy fonts since every other arc there's a monster involved. I may run out of it.

Zeltrax
June 26, 2011, 04:50 AM
Not sure what's going on, but I'm sure its a happy thing.
So congrats radar :woo and keep improving your cleaning.
..Like as if I know what I'm talking about.
But still congrats :lmao

Iceiphoenix
June 26, 2011, 04:52 AM
Well if you keep changing fonts for each chapter, of course you'll run out. :oh

Can't you just have 4-5 fonts and just rotate them for each monster?

PM me what fonts you already have. :p

raDar
June 26, 2011, 05:03 AM
Not sure what's going on, but I'm sure its a happy thing.
So congrats radar :woo and keep improving your cleaning.
..Like as if I know what I'm talking about.
But still congrats :lmao

Dammit Zel, read Ikkyuu. My group is releasing it. Go visit the Ikkyuu thread in the shonen forum.

Zeltrax
June 26, 2011, 05:12 AM
Okay.
I'll get back to you after I finish reading the 4 chapters.
But I seriously have no idea how to spot cleaned manga pages and what not :sweat

raDar
June 26, 2011, 05:33 AM
Haha, that's okay. When you join a scanlation group, that's when your mind gets exposed to a very miserable paradise. lol

Iceiphoenix
June 26, 2011, 05:43 AM
It takes over your life. :iik

Zeltrax
July 02, 2011, 07:29 AM
Oh..kay :blink
Oh it took me a long time but I finished reading Ikkyu(the 4 chapters that were released by your group).
This manga have potential to fly but it may be too early for me to judge.
Thank you and your team for doing it :p

Iceiphoenix
August 22, 2011, 07:50 AM
:clap2:woo:dancin Happy Birthday, :dancin:woo:clap2
:confettiDar-darling~!:confetti

raDar
August 22, 2011, 08:20 AM
Oh my---:jawdrop

Did you just--

THAAAAAAAAANKS, Ice!!! Really really appreciate it!!:yay

And you just revived this long gone thread...

Iceiphoenix
August 22, 2011, 08:25 AM
Haha, no worries! :XD

So, how has your day been? Good, I hope. :amuse

raDar
August 22, 2011, 08:31 AM
I didn't go out today, just here at the house, sleep and sleep. I went out with my friends yesterday tho, so that was kind of my celebration. (since we have diferent sched and that they have uni today)
I had so much fun yesterday so its all good. :D

Iceiphoenix
August 22, 2011, 08:36 AM
Ahh, ok then! It's nice to just chill on your birthday. :XD I had school on my birthday. :oh With the day with the most horrible subject combos. :darn Well the term ended the day after, so I was happy. :XD

Anyway, enough about me. I haven't seen you around on IRC these days. :XD Been busy or something?

raDar
August 22, 2011, 08:47 AM
Yeah, actually, i've been visiting every now and then. It's either i'm on a different nick or i'm just in the staff channel. ^^

I love that new set.. Fairy Tail?

Iceiphoenix
August 22, 2011, 08:52 AM
Ahh, ok. :XD Or maybe it's just bad timing? :oh

And thanks! Yeah, it's from FT.

raDar
August 22, 2011, 09:09 AM
Yeah, maybe that's it. haha

I'll catch up to that later.. I'm slowly reading from the post-Edolas chapters.. The avie is Wendy, no?

Iceiphoenix
March 19, 2013, 01:30 AM
DAR-DARLING! :sexyarf

It's been too long. :XD How have you been? Still in the scanlating business?

raDar
March 19, 2013, 02:46 AM
Mwahaha, ICEY!!!! :D I'm okay, actually I'm feeling great. Just days left before my graduation in uni so... Yay!

About the scanlation, I actually am starting to get active again. I'm working on this specific project from HWMN (kewl's group). I felt tired with weekly magazine raws so this time, I'm just open with editing tank raws and stuff.

How about you? It's just few weeks ago that I saw you again here in MH. Been busy?:teehee

Iceiphoenix
March 19, 2013, 06:01 AM
Hahaha, that's great! :confetti What course have you been doing?
I just started uni a couple of weeks ago. :XD

Ooooh, nice! I'm thinking of becoming active in the scanlating scene again as well, though I'm completely out of practice. :gwah I think I'll see how my skills are over the weekend or something... :XD What project are you working on? (Or this some kind of super secret project?? :ninja)

Ehh, yeah, kinda busy with uni. I'm just getting used to my timetable and how much work I have to put in and stuff. :XD

Nice sig, btw. :zomg

raDar
March 19, 2013, 06:15 AM
I just finished five years of Electronics Engineering. I still have to take my licensure though. How about you?

Ehh, I dunno if it's secret or what. It's from the author of Toriko, the series he did before Toriko. Just 3 volumes long, the title is Ring.

Goodluck with uni! Yay! Wish you the best of sleepless nights? :derp

And the icons, I just made them from an icon generator. Click the sig itself, it will direct you there. It's fun making icons out of characters, given that you're just actually limited of resources. Go try it!!

Iceiphoenix
March 21, 2013, 08:21 AM
Wow, that sounds... intense. :blink

I'm doing my first year of science. :XD It's going along quite well so far. (Then again, it's only the 3rd week.)

Oooo, what's it about? :o When do we get to read it? :XD

Hahahahaa, thanks. :XD

That's awesome!! :zomg I could make a guessing game out of this... :zomg

raDar
April 07, 2013, 02:10 AM
Late.

Wow, that sounds... intense. :blink

I'm doing my first year of science. :XD It's going along quite well so far. (Then again, it's only the 3rd week.)

Cool! It seems you're doing pretty good, huh?

Oooo, what's it about? :o When do we get to read it? :XD

Uhm, it's about Shimabu's fictional team sport that includes some sort of a hula hoop and the aim is to shoot it through a pole. Yes, it literally is much like basketball with all the passing and defense and whatnot. It's won't be available in the near future, since kewl still haven't found the time to translate it yet with all his stuff.

But I actually just helped and finished cleaning and typesetting a volume of Doubutsu no Kuni. I don't know if you're familiar with the series though.

That's awesome!! :zomg I could make a guessing game out of this... :zomg

That would be a great idea, if you still haven't done it. You really should! LOL

And seeing you have a Genos set, I just got me Saitama.:derp

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

And darn you're green again.:zomg

Iceiphoenix
April 07, 2013, 07:59 AM
Late.

Jk. :p

Cool! It seems you're doing pretty good, huh?

Yep. So far so good. Mid-semester tests are coming up though. :gwah

Uhm, it's about Shimabu's fictional team sport that includes some sort of a hula hoop and the aim is to shoot it through a pole. Yes, it literally is much like basketball with all the passing and defense and whatnot. It's won't be available in the near future, since kewl still haven't found the time to translate it yet with all his stuff.

But I actually just helped and finished cleaning and typesetting a volume of Doubutsu no Kuni. I don't know if you're familiar with the series though.

Oooh, I see... Well, I'll definitely check it out in the future! :thumbs
I feel the need to get back into the scanlating scene... :hmm

That would be a great idea, if you still haven't done it. You really should! LOL

Oh, I totally forgot about this! :gwah I'll get to it soon... Hopefully...

And seeing you have a Genos set, I just got me Saitama.:derp

:zomg :thumbs

And darn you're green again.:zomg

Indeed, I am. :XD

raDar
April 07, 2013, 08:11 AM
and it's your birthday?!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ICEY! :party:fiesta:maracas:dancin:polka:turtle:woo