PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing [Webtoon] Chaser by Ha Joon Sung

vintagemistakes
June 07, 2011, 03:18 PM
Chaser (체이서)
By Ha Joon-Sung

http://static.mangahelpers.com/gallery-previews/15063
Ned, an easy going, simple minded guy travels around the world in order to retrieve his scattered memory pieces, along with a short-tempered talking stuffed rabbit. However there are some people called "Chasers" who target Ned and constantly becoming obstacle for their mission. The thrilling chase begins, unraveling the many secrets of the world. [From Easy Going Scans]

------ Manga information --------

Demographic: Manhwa (Webcomic)
Status in Japan: 0 Volumes (ongoing)
Serialized in: Daum
Official Site: Here (http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/chaser)
Manga Details Page: Here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/chaser)
Preview:

http://static.mangahelpers.com/gallery-public/15066http://static.mangahelpers.com/gallery-public/15065
http://static.mangahelpers.com/gallery-public/15064http://static.mangahelpers.com/gallery-public/15067

All Images Copyright © 2009 - 2011 Ha Joon-Sung

toodlydo
June 08, 2011, 01:34 AM
There are 3 seasons for this series: Chaser, Chaser2, and Chaser3. The latest and the ongoing is the 3rd season with 2 chapters already released. EGS has released 26 chapters so far from the 1st season. I do like this webcomic since it has a nice story, great art and well colored, not to mention ample amount of humor.

Charlie
June 08, 2011, 05:56 PM
I really like this series, so thanks Vin for creating a thread for this.

That Mine babe, is pretty hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. :love.

Whats exactly going on here.... Zombies and the mysterious Ignis...

scav
June 12, 2011, 05:03 PM
nice catch Vintage, i read it to chap 27 and it's really a nice webcomic :thumbs

Charlie
June 12, 2011, 05:07 PM
The question that remains is....
Is ED a god?

I skipped a head with the raws, it left me slightly disappointed in that, the story seems to progress slowly.
(Judging from the pics only, as I cant read Korean.~_~)

scav
June 19, 2011, 04:19 AM
The question that remains is....
Is ED a god?

I skipped a head with the raws, it left me slightly disappointed in that, the story seems to progress slowly.
(Judging from the pics only, as I cant read Korean.~_~)

lol, if you watch raws without understand u'll always be disappointed charle :p
anyway to my point ED is not human at 100%. I think he was human once, then he did something that changed him and also that made him want to erase his memory.

---------- Post added June 19, 2011 at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was June 14, 2011 at 01:48 PM ----------

chapter 28 is out http://egscans.com/?p=4436

Charlie
July 05, 2011, 04:54 PM
Chapter 29 is out!

It seems we're getting more information on the background characters. That poor dad and mom. I felt sorry for them. They've been used by ignis. (sp)

scav
July 06, 2011, 03:46 PM
chapter was better than i expected, we finally have a villain :p

Charlie
July 18, 2011, 05:59 PM
Chapter 30 is out!

The best chapter yet?Holy cow, the madness the blood the craziness, the utter devastation and brutalness of this chapter.

In the end Ignis is dead? However, they cant find her body. :?bunny

Otters11
July 21, 2011, 01:51 AM
I have an obvious guess for a coming later plot twist. But if right it would ruin the story.

Thus Spoiler for Chapter 30.

Dammit. Get the feeling Agnis did a soul swap putting her mind in the sisters body. That will be a bitch of a situation to deal with. If there is no way of recovering sis or exercising Agnis, that t\story is really going to drag out. I hope the authors do something suprisely brief or don't go with this obvious plot twist. The enemy is in a loved one's body type story line has been done to death. Please no more.

There has been a lot of humor, I hope we start getting some of that back soon.

scav
July 21, 2011, 05:18 PM
Chapter 30 is out!

The best chapter yet?Holy cow, the madness the blood the craziness, the utter devastation and brutalness of this chapter.

In the end Ignis is dead? However, they cant find her body. :?bunny

best chapter? i don't think so, but it was a good chapter indeed. i wonder what happened to the sister. She must be the puppet of Ignis now

Charlie
July 21, 2011, 05:22 PM
I have an obvious guess for a coming later plot twist. But if right it would ruin the story.

Thus Spoiler for Chapter 30.

Dammit. Get the feeling Agnis did a soul swap putting her mind in the sisters body. That will be a bitch of a situation to deal with. If there is no way of recovering sis or exercising Agnis, that t\story is really going to drag out. I hope the authors do something suprisely brief or don't go with this obvious plot twist. The enemy is in a loved one's body type story line has been done to death. Please no more.

There has been a lot of humor, I hope we start getting some of that back soon.

:shakefist, I cant comment on your post due to the other chapters have not been released yet. I dont want to spoiler. I did read head to the raws.

best chapter? i don't think so, but it was a good chapter indeed. i wonder what happened to the sister. She must be the puppet of Ignis now

True, might not have been the best chapter but man that some horrible killings.

Otters11
July 22, 2011, 12:42 AM
Oh no.... Dude.

This series ends with chapter 35???? I felt it was slow and dragging on. and didn't like how the first chapters covered so little. But now... It ends.... like that?!

ugh. I won't say more.
But what a place for the story to stop...
So much to say. But will have to wait until the series catches up. :darn

Charlie
July 22, 2011, 06:07 AM
Oh no.... Dude.

This series ends with chapter 35???? I felt it was slow and dragging on. and didn't like how the first chapters covered so little. But now... It ends.... like that?!

ugh. I won't say more.

It doesn't end there, there are two more season to it. The show is currently on season three.

Season three is going rather slowly. You can see the other season.

scav
July 22, 2011, 06:02 PM
Oh no.... Dude.

ugh. I won't say more.

like charlie said, the story doesn't end. there is chaser 2 and chaser 3.

Otters11
July 22, 2011, 06:09 PM
So Chaser is an Animation first, and then someone has made a webtoon followup version?

Like when a movie is released and then they release and graphic novel of the movie?
Is that what is going on here?

Got a link to some fan subs?

Charlie
July 22, 2011, 06:18 PM
So Chaser is an Animation first, and then someone has made a webtoon followup version?

Like when a movie is released and then they release and graphic novel of the movie?
Is that what is going on here?

Got a link to some fan subs?

I think you misunderstood the word season.

As far as I know, there have been no animation.

Season 3 is equivalent to the third volume. Sorry for the confusion.

scav
July 22, 2011, 06:24 PM
lol Otters. what he mean here, for example for the breaker u have 2 season (the breaker and the breaker new wave). the same goes for Chaser, u have chaser 1,2 and 3.

Otters11
July 22, 2011, 07:46 PM
So are you saying there is a cartoon series? And that the Webtoon is following that story-line.
Kind of like how after a movie comes out the studios often release a Graphic Novel right after?

If so then can you provide a link to a fansub or something. It would be cool to here these characters given voices! Especially since this would be the rare occasions where the original is a show and not a comic book.

scav
July 22, 2011, 07:48 PM
nonono, u don't get it. Actually Chaser is on his season 3 (the webtoon). But egscans is still on the season 1 with the release.

Charlie
July 22, 2011, 07:55 PM
There is no cartoon series for Chaser. Its only a web manhwa.

You're being confused by the word "season".

The word "season" simply means that one part of the main story finished and the author is starting a second part of the story.

For example, the noblesse manwha you're reading currently is on season three as well.

scav
August 25, 2011, 04:14 PM
i liked the last chapter, this webtoon have a gore/monster side. i wish it was translated faster, i'm looking forward for the chapter 32.

Charlie
August 30, 2011, 10:19 PM
Chapter 31 has been out for sometime. I forgot to mention here.

If I ever had to hate an evil character, Ignis takes the plate. Wow so evil, killing that hot chic besides lying to her about releasing her family. :wall

On top of that her face is that of Fon's sister that fell of the cliff along with ignis.

Holly cow what a cliffhanger for the ending. She is mind bleeping to the very core.

-- Small news update about the raws. --

Season one raws @ Daum (http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/chaser)

Currently this chapter 31 of Chaster is nearing the end of the first season One (few chapters remains up to chapter 35).

season 2 raws @ Daum (http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/chaser2).

Then season two only has 16 chapters.

In Korea, this series is up-to season 3.

Season 3 raws @ Daum. (http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/chaser3)

If you've been reading the raws upto season three. Please see the spoilers info.

Source: MF
Credits: Eden_Mecbeth

it seems like Ned is from Roadstone.
In one of the chapter, it showed 2 people from Roadstone and they were wearing the same outfit Ned was wearing when he asked Hex to seal his memories.
It also seems like Ned got his memories back, since hex got her body back.
So what or who is Ned really?

Credits: HJL

Ned does get his memory back and he is one of the five gods from Roadstone. His name is Ikarus.

scav
August 30, 2011, 10:22 PM
i'll check it tomorrow :super

:laser < one liner posts.

ErosVp
September 08, 2011, 01:36 PM
Chapter 32 is out! Another great webcomic, it is habit now!

I knew since Fon said his sister never was found, i knew her sister was the new Ignis!!! Though i thought the real one died because of Jackal and his sister had found a book or something, but this way is cool and the new Ignis is just as bitch as the old one!

How many chapter there are? I was kind of down because there were only 32, but it cheers me up that there some not translated waiting in line....

Charlie
September 21, 2011, 04:08 PM
Season one has 35 chapters and as you mentioned the current scans are up-to chapter 32.

Then the series goes to season two and that as 16 chapters and went on hiatus for a while.

Now the series is back and currently on season three up to 12 chapters. See my post 23 above for the links to the raws.

Season three has been bad ass already!!

Chapter 13 did not come this week due some issue with the author.

---------------------

Anyway about the current chapter, it was pretty good and left on a cliffhanger.

I'm really liking the mental break downs or plays this part of the story has shown. Ignis is one crazy b---h.

I cant wait to see the next scan chapter.

---------- Post added September 21, 2011 at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was September 08, 2011 at 05:18 PM ----------

Chaser chapters 33-35 are out from EG scans. This marks the end of season one for Chaser. It looks like Eg scans will not be continuing to do the scans for the second season. Which is really unfortunate. Hopefully another scan team will pick up where they've letting off. For the time being, you'll have to make due with the raws. See this post here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/70736-Chaser-By-Ha-Joon-Sung?p=2587074&viewfull=1#post2587074) for the second and third seasons raw links from Daum.

Ned has some of his memories back and it's been revealed that he is a God from Road stone. :jawdrop. Now I've already knew this advance sine I'm following the raws and read a little spoiler about the third season, which is also mentioned in a spoiler tag with an earlier post.

The last chaper / season ender really ended on a high note and cliffhanger. I wish more chapters were out but it looks we're out of luck on that department. :scry. Off to the raws for now :p

ErosVp
October 01, 2011, 12:30 PM
I don't want to go see the raws, but the last chapter left so curious!!!! I probably won't understant much but i'll check to see if i can discover more about Ned, gods and the visitors...