PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 239 Discussion

ghostexiled
June 18, 2011, 01:37 AM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/70633-Fairy-Tail-238-Discussion-329-Predictions) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

---------- Post added June 18, 2011 at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was June 11, 2011 at 02:31 AM ----------

chapter is out!

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/29723766/1

Ero-Sanji
June 18, 2011, 01:52 AM
Interesting chapter, even though both characters reacted the way I had predicted.

Ultear is a wonderful villain, just the way I want her to be it's also nice to see that she has a little bit of feelings for Meldy, although, she would probably sell her to save her own skin.

Gray's reaction was the only correct one for me. People mentioned before that Gray had sworn to not to it again and now he held it truthfully. Finally the climax is near and the main event is about to emerge, Gray will probably lose against Ultear or I hope so, she is kind of tired after fighting Zeref. Then there's still Hades who could one shot everyone with his Grimoire heart.

Curryman
June 18, 2011, 01:57 AM
Awesome chapter, I'm kinda glad it DID go the predictable way.

I hope Gray does get this battle all to himself because this will be some huge character development for him if he beats Ultear.

I'm guessing Ul somehow taught Gray her daughter's weakness in case he ever had to fight her in the future or something like that but we will see. I'm not liking how Natsu is looking like he is getting another battle but I guess it shouldn't surprise me at all at this point.

My favorite part of the chapter was Gray telling off Ultear though. Hyped me up for this upcoming fight.

Darjaille
June 18, 2011, 02:02 AM
The chapter I wanted :)
Lol, I almost believed Gray xD And oh, I knew from the start Ultear is just a manipulative bitch. It seemed like Meredy was quite shocked about this Ultear, showing her true self. Maybe she will join FT for real.
Um, Gray wants to fight Ultear... I first though "Oh Gray, you really have no chance. Really." but... huh, his first strike actually did something to her :O Though his victory would be... ehm... you know, she's the leader of 7Kin. But I predict him winning, or at least making her flee.:eyeroll

I wonder how are they going to split. Natsu of course is in attack and if what we think is going to happen (Lucy's important role in meeting Hades, Zeref, source of magic...) really will happen, Lucy is attack too. If they want somebody strong in defense as well, Fried and Bix are staying and hm, the three girls... Wendy stays and I don't know about Lisanna and Levy. => my prediction :D

Nice.

Ninja_Pirate
June 18, 2011, 02:06 AM
Good chapter... as expected of gray.. the story was too obvious to be caught anyways just was a making a stage for gray's moment.. I guess its just Grimoire underestimated FT ... however he might have rightly estimated but wud not have been able t estimate the true potential of FT mark and the island's magic power which is elevating the power of each mage right now ... at least that was a funny pawning moment by gray now.. ultear is all hyping up and the other page gray just punched her.. lol :D

Kuzumikun
June 18, 2011, 02:29 AM
omg good chapter:D
good for u grey! he is definatley going to win the fight against ultear when he struggles meldey will probably help him seeing how its kind of obvious she doesn't like the true ultear. <3 juvias smile:D
defense and attack team hmm
my guess is attack team will be: natsu, lucy, fried, and pantherlily as the defense team will be: levy, wendy, lisana, and bixlow
i cant wait to see next chapter :D
i hope lucy plays a big part!

RaveDragon
June 18, 2011, 02:30 AM
Cover chapter was so cute, AlxBisca xD I'm happy they're actually managed to go out on a date >< and JuviaxGRay yaay (pg15 <3)

Lol almost like i predicted Ultear the ultimate villian, sorry Gray but i think you're not winning this =S
Hate for Gray my goodness, first Lyon then Meredy and now Ultear.
Poor Meredy she's a good kid i actually do hope FT takes her in tbh and she seems to be losing faith in Ultear so...

Predictions:
Meredy will join FT eventually (Maybe)
Gray Loses but leaves Ultear tired out
Attack Team; Natsu, Lucy, Gajeel (who will stupidly want to go and after eating Levy's iron will), Gil (will come in later), Kana (?) and the aboves cats
Defense team: all the injured, Levy, Lisanna, Wendy and charle.

I still think that which i said last week that Hades will meet up with team natsu and Lucy will play a big part

There is also a possibility Lucy remains with the defense team and Hades meets them there while the attack team notices but its too late.

Hades "eye" is also quite interesting, next week is gonna be fun though, still i wanna really see the end of this arc cuz its potential still is big!

Ifrit
June 18, 2011, 02:39 AM
Hahahaha..and we have a winner This was my post last week : My prediction is : Gray won't fall for Ultear mind play...I think when she's gonna turn her back to Gray ...Gray will threaten her to use ICE SHELL on Zeref him self ( ok that didn't happen )....I don't think Gray forgot the message Natsu wanted him to receive ..killing ur self to win...ain't a win. And he know better than believing UR want Gray to end up killing him self....bec if he do so all UR did in giving her life away so he n Leon could live would just go for nothing !

BTW : I disagree with every1 Gray won't Lose it's his first battle. In this Arc do u really think he will lose ? don't think too little of him he's Natsu Rival !! let her Arc time all she want He just Freez everything around her !!! He overpowered Lyon ...he's probably as strong as UR.

Natsu Face :.....mmmm...I'm sure he's charging on HADES.

Ninja_Pirate
June 18, 2011, 02:57 AM
BTW : I disagree with every1 Gray won't Lose it's his first battle. In this Arc do u really think he will lose ? don't think too little of him he's Natsu Rival !! let her Arc time all she want He just Freez everything around her !!! He overpowered Lyon ...he's probably as strong as UR.

Natsu Face :.....mmmm...I'm sure he's charging on HADES.

Arc time magic should be able to melt ice... though even if he does win .. some external help he will get.. even erza needed help from island s magic power... Ultear has survived so much.. she must be freaking strong.. that punch must be a surprise... or grey must be all powerful because of the island like everyone else..

I am anxious to know how FT might have done against gimimore s heart outside the island??

Ifrit
June 18, 2011, 03:09 AM
Arc time magic should be able to melt ice... though even if he does win .. some external help he will get.. even erza needed help from island s magic power... Ultear has survived so much.. she must be freaking strong.. that punch must be a surprise... or grey must be all powerful because of the island like everyone else..

I am anxious to know how FT might have done against gimimore s heart outside the island??

if he's gonna get help might be from the girl Meredy I don't see any other way. Not sure about her magic can melt Gray ICE...she can restore things change things..can she destroy things ? we will see her soo called high power next chapter..but again don't think too little of Gray a memory of UR help him defeating Ultear as simple as that.

next chapter is Gray name written all over it. He overpowered lyon ...next week it's time for him to overpower UR her self.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 18, 2011, 03:20 AM
The chapter was quite good exept for the last page, where Gray's first punch got through Ultear's defence. If Gray actually wins against her it would be another ruining of balance and logic in the last Arc.

The thing that is interesting is who will be in the attacking team, cause with the exeption of Natsu, Fried and Bixlow noone can actually be usefull. Of course I'm not talking about Gildartz...
It's interesting would it be enough for Gildartz, Natsu, Fried and Bixlow to defeat Hades?:)

Also I believe that Council might enter the fight, when they learn that practically all the Grimmore Heart is down.

LoS
June 18, 2011, 03:30 AM
this arc is so FREAKING stupid, that is all I will say. I will hold my tongue till others have given their opinions. I have absoy freaking loutely plenty of ammunition to castrate Mashima, this dude is just freaking ridiculous. But, once again, I will save my voice till others have had their say.

And I bet the shortsighted members on this board will somehow find a way to enjoy this, tsk tsk tsk

Also, MOST IMPORTANT PART OF MY ENTIRE POST IS..... board members, please focus on the part of the chapter where Urtear is conversing with Meldy and mentions Hades' "EYE" that is the singular most important and biggest reveal of this entire chapter. All else is miniscule.

greenpiece
June 18, 2011, 04:22 AM
I think the division of teams will be:
Attack = Natsu, Happy, Lucy, Freed, Lisanna --> just coz she wants to be with Natsu. (It's just coz I want some LucyxNatsuxLisanna love triangle. Ahahaha)
Defense = Wendy, Levy, Charle, Bixlow, Lily

Anyway, I wish to share what I said in another forum with you guys.
It kinda of makes sense that GH will lose in this arc. I think it's a common misconception that GH is the most powerful dark guild. I think people just think this because GH proclaimed that (and when the Balam Alliance was introduced, they were at the center, I think). But basing it on the origin of the name, I think Tataros will be their final enemy. When I tried to look the words up, this was what I found:
Tartaros - In Greek mythology, is both a deity and a deep, gloomy place, a pit, or an abyss used as a dungeon of torment and suffering that resides beneath the underworld.
Grimoire - is a textbook of magic that include instructions on how to create magical objects like talismans and amulets, how to perform magical spells, charms and divination and also how to summon or invoke supernatural entities such as angels, spirits, and demons.

Anyway, I think the origin of their guilds' names more or less show their goal. Like how GH --> Zeref = origin of magic, while Tartaros --> Zeref = punishment or hell on earth kind of thing. So I think that the goal to create of world with only mages that the kin mentioned was the Balam alliance's members' common goal.

Graupel
June 18, 2011, 05:09 AM
There are loopholes in Ultear's story, haha

If she said Ur fought Hades, and had learned Iced shell for that reason, why isn't she iced shell on Hades? Something must have happened then, and we all know Hades is not the kind of guy who dishes out mercy. :|

And i have a feeling Meredy is gonna turn on Ultear.

Ice vs Time, who will win :|

Lozmaster
June 18, 2011, 06:12 AM
Arc time magic should be able to melt ice... though even if he does win

Arc of time magic at the very least won't work on iced shell. We know that for a fact, from the galuna island arc, dunno about his regular ice magic though.

ErosVp
June 18, 2011, 06:35 AM
Good to see Gray doing something! He is Natsu's rival and one of the best mages of FT, he will win.
But it is sad to see Hades will probably be defeated by Natsu with another asspull. Mashima will probably do that shit....

sarutobi_sensei
June 18, 2011, 06:42 AM
Heh bitch.

And I thought Meredy would be going to FT's tent right now?

Gray hit her, nice :D But I think that just like Zeref, she'll be faking it. Maybe not...

Well it's obvious she's jealous of Gray. But I don't get her wanting to get rid of Hades.

And did she use Meredy's magic back then? She created a sword... Could it be that she can use the magic of all of them?

And where's Guildartz? Why not show him again... damn...

Lol @ Juvia smilling while being unconscious xD

greenpiece
June 18, 2011, 06:57 AM
If Gray gets beaten up by Ultear, I bet that Juvia will stand again to protect Gray. And if they fight together, I think they have a chance of winning. If Juvia puts Ultear in her body (hahaha, this sounds so wrong), Ultear won't be able to control the time of the water around her body since it's alive. Gray can now attack Ultear (considering Juvia can't be hurt by Gray's physical attacks). I think this is what's gonna happen...as much as it pains me to see more GrayxJuvia. :( </3

ca12nag3
June 18, 2011, 07:05 AM
I dont get what some of you are angry about ^^.

Gray just did the right thing, he used his brain. He listened to all that Ultear had to say and then followed her to find out what shes up too. Hes a smart warrior.
We already knew Ultear was not to be trusted but he wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and she blew it. Ul would never have told anyone to use Iced Shell so theres that.
The save Juvia thing was nice she smiled subconsciously...freaky tho haha.
Meledy seems doubtful as to *is this the right choice* do we really have to betray people and kill them. So im not saying she will join FT but i don't think she will stick with Ultear all the way. Or perhaps try to stop her at some point.

I don't think Gray will win this fight, its rather simple Meledy is still there. Also he has Juvia unconscious there. And Ultear doesn't seem like the type that wouldnt use that. Threaten to kill Juvia for example.

Interesting too is how Ultear talks about killing Juvia seems she hates Gray for real so the fight itself will be interesting. I predict a quick withdrawal by Gray to bring Juvia to safety which is the smart thing to do.

sarutobi_sensei
June 18, 2011, 07:21 AM
Awesome chapter, I'm kinda glad it DID go the predictable way.

I hope Gray does get this battle all to himself because this will be some huge character development for him if he beats Ultear.

I'm guessing Ul somehow taught Gray her daughter's weakness in case he ever had to fight her in the future or something like that but we will see. I'm not liking how Natsu is looking like he is getting another battle but I guess it shouldn't surprise me at all at this point.

My favorite part of the chapter was Gray telling off Ultear though. Hyped me up for this upcoming fight.

Ur thought that her child had died. So she couldn't tell him her weakness....

if he's gonna get help might be from the girl Meredy I don't see any other way. Not sure about her magic can melt Gray ICE...she can restore things change things..can she destroy things ? we will see her soo called high power next chapter..but again don't think too little of Gray a memory of UR help him defeating Ultear as simple as that.

next chapter is Gray name written all over it. He overpowered lyon ...next week it's time for him to overpower UR her self.

She can destroy things, ie, make them older and crumble. Though she couldn't do it to Iced Shell if I recall correctly. She destroyed the pillars of the council.

Well, there's still Etherion to worry about so... GH is not the last threat.

this arc is so FREAKING stupid, that is all I will say. I will hold my tongue till others have given their opinions. I have absoy freaking loutely plenty of ammunition to castrate Mashima, this dude is just freaking ridiculous. But, once again, I will save my voice till others have had their say.

And I bet the shortsighted members on this board will somehow find a way to enjoy this, tsk tsk tsk

Also, MOST IMPORTANT PART OF MY ENTIRE POST IS..... board members, please focus on the part of the chapter where Urtear is conversing with Meldy and mentions Hades' "EYE" that is the singular most important and biggest reveal of this entire chapter. All else is miniscule.

I think it's just the fact that he can see what's going on the island if he wants.

Ifrit
June 18, 2011, 07:25 AM
Heh bitch.

And I thought Meredy would be going to FT's tent right now?

Gray hit her, nice :D But I think that just like Zeref, she'll be faking it. Maybe not...

Well it's obvious she's jealous of Gray. But I don't get her wanting to get rid of Hades.

And did she use Meredy's magic back then? She created a sword... Could it be that she can use the magic of all of them?

And where's Guildartz? Why not show him again... damn...

Lol @ Juvia smilling while being unconscious xD

I think gildartz will beat them all to HADES I think when Natsu arrive Gildartz already started to fight HADES n can't keep up with him . Then Natsu for the rescue

BlitzRonin
June 18, 2011, 07:41 AM
Gildartz is still out there... but I dunno, this Blue Note guy seems just as strong...after he beats him he won't be at 100%.. same with Gray regardless of how he does against Ultear.... Of course Ezra isn't 100% now after her victory...

There is just one other power house we can count on to lend Natsu a hand and fight by his side...

Laxus & Natsu Vs Hades

If he can get there in time.... they showed him after Makarov got downed by Hades.... If you go out of your way to show a gun during Part 1.... it better go off during Part 3.

jorped
June 18, 2011, 08:41 AM
I didn't like the previous chapter and i don't think that it's needed to explain why, but i really liked this one :woo
So now that Gray discovered Ultear true intentions , there isn't anything else to do than fight. Gray will definitely show more strength than we have seen until now and there is still a chance that Meredy might help him.
But i wonder what Ultear will do now in order to put Hades out of the equation ? :headscratch
I can see a end where Hades kill Ult :lmao

lordoffantasy
June 18, 2011, 08:56 AM
a very interesting chapter. got worried for juvia for a moment, but gray slides in......i have a feeling that gray's powers may be ultear's weakness. i like that about fairytail. it is like rock paper scissors sometimes. mira could not beat azuma because she had too much inexperience in battle. long time ago natsu couldn't beat the owl guy for the owl guy kind of....ate him. why gray may have the advantage is because ice does not age like many things.
still, they might make gray lose for real. so zeref could be revived. that or hades finds out everyone has been koed and so he gots nutshit on everyone. and to be honest i had forgotten gray promised never to use the ice shell again. but, perhaps, one day he might break that promise.

Rarhyx
June 18, 2011, 09:17 AM
ultear is a wannabe copy of medusa from soul eater ...

oh and that punch was great

liductan
June 18, 2011, 10:43 AM
ultear is a wannabe copy of medusa from soul eater ...

LoL, AGREED, i can't seem to fall for her being a villian at all and i don't understand why.She just doesn't appeal to as one i guess but she is still evil just like i thought. Maybe it's me but i feel like there is more to her being ( and i 'm hoping that's not the case ) evil like she has a horrible background because she is showing to much particular hatred for her mother. I don't see Meredy fighting against gray and if she does it will probably be for alittle bit, she has the look of leaving Ultear to me. Overall, i hope Gray wins this fight but with troubles. I'm hoping the fight won't be another Erza copy.

zelllogan
June 18, 2011, 10:46 AM
Finally, It's time for Gray to shine. After all the "no fights" he got, it's well deserved. Go for it, GRAY.

ShoobyDooBop
June 18, 2011, 10:48 AM
There's gonna be two teams, huh.
Attack team for me are the four Lucy, Natsu and Gajeel(if he regains consciousness and eats Levy's iron) plus Gildarts. Well, I can still count on Laxus to come back. The defense are the rest. I don't about Cana's Fairy Glitter.

And it has finally been answered. I've been wondering for a while how Hades is able to know what's happening on the island while he's just on the ship. It's that "eye" thing Ultear mentioned. Pretty useful.

I'm stupid for thinking that Ultear may be good after all. I got deceived for a while but well I realized that she's a manipulative bitch after what Azuma said. I rofl'd so hard at the last few pages. "I'm the leader of the group, You can never even touch me! *FALCON PUNCH* xD

ErosVp
June 18, 2011, 10:53 AM
Ultear wannabe copy of medusa was really funny! Gray will show who is the boss, and I want to know how mother and daughter got separated... At least Ultear is hot, she has the biggest boobs of the manga (and it was a rough competition)! LOL

Keino
June 18, 2011, 11:39 AM
A nice "twist" if I can call it that. I was wondering for a second there if Grey really bought the non-sense Ultear was spewing but I'm glad he didn't.

On the fight between Grey and Ul, I see Meldy helping him out just by her facial expressions this chapter. I don't see (fodder,lol) Grey winning by himself even though Ul might be worn out and him being fresh but if the fight continues like how it started he might pull it off quite easily. Unless Ul is bad at close quarters fighting, I don't get how he just ran up straight towards her and punched her :lmao

Anyway I couldn't care less who was on the attack team other than Natsu cuz it is abundantly clear that he is gonna fight Hades. Whether he wins is a different story, I'll just wait and see.

Atobe the king
June 18, 2011, 11:49 AM
I dont get what some of you are angry about ^^.

Haven't you been here long enough :(...i heard bullshit about castrating mashima too....oh man..this forum sometimes.

Anyway, i liked the chapter.....though was hard to take Ultear seriously..it's like she had a mental breakdown..some of the faces mashima drew on her made me :V. Its about time Nakamura got to do something this arc....i think gray will beat Ultear...since she may be a bit tired from her scuffle with Zeref and then natsu...that'd make her defeat logical imo. Thought it would be meldy to stop her for a second but I'm also glad her personality hasn't 180'd completely (yet).

she's still pretty hot

~Andrew~
June 18, 2011, 12:24 PM
I'm still missing Luxus/Laxus to be honest. You remember the Pannel in which he seemed more than a lil bit concerned, about what might happened to his Father. One would guess that he's on his way since then and should arrive any Chapter now.
And for anything else: Gildartz to teh rescue! Though I want Gray to fight this Battle on his own, it's like a duty to him (I guess so at least), hopefully Natsu won't interfere.

As most of you already said Ultear has to be out of breath at least or is at disadvantage at best. And Gray (and every FT Member else) got their "Power-Recovering-Guard-Shield" back from the Big Tree, right? I can't see him Winning just like that, but he got chances and maybe some aces up his sleeve.

What I didn't get is how Ultear mentioned Hades " "Eye" " twice like that, maybe some hint of Hades abilitie to see everything he concentrate on or am I overthinking this? Dunno.

RaveDragon
June 18, 2011, 12:39 PM
I'm still missing Luxus/Laxus to be honest. You remember the Pannel in which he seemed more than a lil bit concerned, about what might happened to his Father. One would guess that he's on his way since then and should arrive any Chapter now.
And for anything else: Gildartz to teh rescue! Though I want Gray to fight this Battle on his own, it's like a duty to him (I guess so at least), hopefully Natsu won't interfere.

As most of you already said Ultear has to be out of breath at least or is at disadvantage at best. And Gray (and every FT Member else) got their "Power-Recovering-Guard-Shield" back from the Big Tree, right? I can't see him Winning just like that, but he got chances and maybe some aces up his sleeve.

What I didn't get is how Ultear mentioned Hades " "Eye" " twice like that, maybe some hint of Hades abilitie to see everything he concentrate on or am I overthinking this? Dunno.

The tree is down now so its all in thier own hands they cant count on it anymore :/ which means that there might be a death scene and this could be why they feel like they lost even though they win the fights they might lose something more imp to them and thats a friend, if it were me id feel pretty much down if i won and then a friend died (would explain the pessimistic 'we believed in our victory...' a few chapters ago...

Wow though the arc is soon coming to a close and im excited to see what mysteries will be revealed ^^

~Andrew~
June 18, 2011, 12:54 PM
Thank you, for Remembering that the Tree collapsed with this Purgatory Guy, RaveDragon. I totally forgott about this little important fact.
But Gray dying? I don't see anyone dying, besides Hades. And Ultear may run for it as her little "adoptive" child turns to Fairy Tail, that's hinted several Times now and I for my part believe in it.
IF anyone dies, you're absolutely right, it would be a fucking Shock! You are speaking like Natsu xD
Anyway, that's Fairy Tail's great attitude, their love for each FT Comrade. If someone out of FT is going to die in this Arc, It would even take me down.

ca12nag3
June 18, 2011, 03:18 PM
Haven't you been here long enough :(...i heard bullshit about castrating mashima too....oh man..this forum sometimes.
Just a mild form of sarcasm, i know i know :D

If i devoted all my time being angry id get a heartattack tho. So i tend not to get frustrated at my mangas ;)

I still got the feeling that this arc is going to be good, and after its all done and people reread the arc i think people will like it too. Taking a chapter every time and expecting it to fullfill your personal wishes is just to much. And reading the arcs as a whole will satisfy most people im sure ^^

she's still pretty hot
indeed she is :D

MechR
June 19, 2011, 01:13 AM
Arc of time magic at the very least won't work on iced shell. We know that for a fact, from the galuna island arc, dunno about his regular ice magic though.It didn't work on Iced Shell because the ice was Ur. Regular ice magic should be no problem.

Ch.42, p.09:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1797/fairy04209crop.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/fairy04209crop.png/)

luffyg2
June 19, 2011, 03:14 AM
Loved that chapter.. I knew Ultear just wanted Grey and Hades to die...I'm happy that Grey did not fall for that one... sad to say but if she really is the strongest of the kin then I don't think Grey can win this one... the fight will probably be interrupted so we might never know

swordsaintscoot
June 19, 2011, 03:15 AM
the problem ultear might have with grays magic is that she can't simply send it straight back at him and her magic doesn't work on people, if she fast forwards the ice, it may still hit her before disappearing and if she rewinds it, it'll disappear before it hits gray since it starts in front of him.

who knows, she wont have much of an effect on his magic though. She'll have to be creative.

Ifrit
June 19, 2011, 03:40 AM
the problem ultear might have with grays magic is that she can't simply send it straight back at him and her magic doesn't work on people, if she fast forwards the ice, it may still hit her before disappearing and if she rewinds it, it'll disappear before it hits gray since it starts in front of him.

who knows, she wont have much of an effect on his magic though. She'll have to be creative.

I agree with you. I think if she didn't take this fight seriously or kept thinking I'm the eldest of the 7 kin crap ( who got defeated 1 by 1 anyway) Gray will kick her ass ( Off Topic : She has a nice one ). ....I bet the first punch from Gray will make her realize what she up against.

Note : I'm not sure if any1 think the same. when she saw Gray attacking. There was a close image on her eye ..which make me ask this " Do u guys think she tried to do her Arc Time magic on Gray Ice and it didn't work or his creative Ice magic was faster than her ? "

It's Gray time to shine. it's 2 early to think about HADES now. But I hope he won't get defeated by Natsu or Laxus appearing I'm hoping for a team attack power just let them gang the sh1t out of him. ( I think he didn't reveal his powerful magic ) I think his " Eye patch " is hiding his real magic. So it means he didn't go all out against Makarov....so WTF...how strong is this guy.

Ninja_Pirate
June 19, 2011, 05:09 AM
The only problem with gay.. i mean gray fighting ultear is .. ultear is pretty much strong and is second in command.. if gray is gonna beat ultear that makes a stage for natsu to fight hades.. but i doubt that since gildartz is there.. and seeing how easily hades have beaten the master.. it wud be too much.. all in all it wud be an interesting read that how mashima pull this off...
but all these chapters showing luxus...then that boy from future and gerrad.,.. guess was just an attempt from mashima to show how the arc will gonna turn out.. which failed :p with lot of misinterpretation on the same..

Zeltrax
June 19, 2011, 05:15 AM
Gray is awesome and because of that this chapter was awesome.
I knew that there's no way he'll use ice shell because that story/plot trigger was used back in his own arc.
Finally, I've waited a long time since he last fought and this had better be good.
Assuming that he is as strong as natsu or erza, he should be able to match Urtear on his own.
Seeing how the 7 kins lost, I have confidence that he'll win.
I'm starting to think that natsu, gray, lucy and erza are really the guild's strongest team ever.
Seeing as each of them held their own against the kins.

As much as I expect natsu to do something, I really hope that he won't be put up against hades.
That'll be overkill but I'll enjoy badass gray for now.

ghostexiled
June 19, 2011, 05:35 AM
What I would like to see... is a tag team of GrayxJuvia vs. UltearxMeledy.

I would like to see Gray's and Juvia's relationship grow stronger.

Although I have a feeling that Zeref will wake up as "Evil" Zeref and attempt to take out everyone... cause true evil doesn't have friends and allies. :)

swordsaintscoot
June 19, 2011, 05:49 AM
would meredy fight Juvia still?

If juvia gets up i accept only two scenarios, juvia x gray vs ultear while meredy sits back and contemplates constantly, or meredy body links to juvia so they both stay out and leave it as a 1 vs 1

Zeltrax
June 19, 2011, 05:54 AM
I think that meredy will try and help gray by body-linking herself to him.
This is because she wants to protect him and believes that Urtear will not harm him as long as she
is on body link as it harms meredy as well.
Which, unfortunately Ultear will as she doesn't care about meredy.

ca12nag3
June 19, 2011, 06:14 AM
This is because she wants to protect him and believes that Urtear will not harm him as long as she

Thats a nice twist. however im not so sure if she would help Gray, she doesnt know him + she hated him up until the end of her fight with Juvia. Juvia who she does know was about to die and she didnt do anything to help her.

Perhaps she would protect Juvia if Ultear would attack her to get Gray ofguard. That would be more in line i think.

Ifrit
June 19, 2011, 09:11 AM

1000 Like...I like the way u thinking this actually might happen.

Shiro Tsuki
June 19, 2011, 09:26 AM
Well at least we know Gray has more than ice in that head of his...:D
And it'd be nice to see him fight a lil bit! I am expecting Meredy to play a part in the fight! - Kudos to all those who already started claiming her as a FT member...pretty obvious - she will turn to them!

But again - What makes fans go all bowled out and cheated -
It is the sudden change in character -
Ultear has always been that sound woman who knew what she was going against -
Weighted her dangers - and even run through it -
She has Zeref under her hand - She wants to escape Hades who is around -
Why would she engage in a chest thumping to show she is some kind of superior mage?
Those mad eyes - Arrogant chitchats - Dumb Declarations - Those are the signs of 'you will lose' in a manga - And she will lose to Gray!
She has much more superior magical abilities - She seems much more experienced than Gray - She is def more cunning than him!
All smiles in her luck here - But even then she will lose - That first punch was so out of line there -
Of all the GH members - I expected her to get out intelligently of all this...
But no - She has to become that stereotype evil idiot who loses all calm and mind when she is in front of an opponent! (something which she least showed signs of - She was more like an evil Erza)...

Don't go on a pointless rant with me - I am not in a FT denial stage - I love the manga - I will continue read it -
I am not angry at Mashima or anything - I am often more on the other side complaining about fans being over dramatic - But hey its a personal opinion - And I explained why I felt this way - There are some things you like - and some just don't go through!...

tobeulp
June 19, 2011, 10:47 AM
Well Ultear's deception is not that surprising what I am intrigue is who will fight Hades if they want to counterattack I think even the whole guild now is pretty much still inferior to Hades..

Off topic:
Is it just me that fairy tail discussions seems to be down drastically after the Erza Nakama powerup trolling?.

matzik1212
June 19, 2011, 12:21 PM
well i was hoping ultear wasn't that evil but it seem she's a biatch :D a crazy one ....i'm glad gray didn't believe in here croco tears and thank god he got to punch her 'cause she was getting really annoying

Off topic:
Is it just me that fairy tail discussions seems to be down drastically after the Erza Nakama powerup trolling?.

well that chapter was a big disappointment so this could be one of the motives ...i still didn't recover from that failure of a chapter 'cause that's what i consider it was :)...no offense just my opinion

White Silver King
June 19, 2011, 07:10 PM
... A one hit KO on the leader of the Seven Kin... Really? I know she's not allowed to kill Gray but they really couldn't let her win this round and then come back and fight a stronger Gray and lose? Or at least put up some kind of fight? If Meredy and Gray are able to take Ultear, I'd be OK with that but I'd like to see her fight against someone one-on-one so we can see what she's really got.

Zeltrax
June 19, 2011, 07:41 PM
Thats a nice twist. however im not so sure if she would help Gray, she doesnt know him + she hated him up until the end of her fight with Juvia. Juvia who she does know was about to die and she didnt do anything to help her.

Perhaps she would protect Juvia if Ultear would attack her to get Gray ofguard. That would be more in line i think.
Its simple, really.
Juvia had affected something in meredy and changed her.
Towards her, meredy have a level of gratitude. Although her feelings for ultear is strong I still believe that she'll step in and help gray. Because she understands juvia's feelings of loving gray, just like how much she love ultear. That is why she'll know how much pain it will be if someone you love were to die( for juvia its gray, for her it is ultear)

Of course, she won't go against ultear, she'll probably try to resolve the situation or something, only to find Ultear not giving a damn and attacking her too.

1337 haxor
June 19, 2011, 10:09 PM
It took me time to get in the mood for posting here (had a week of university exams) but here is what I can see coming in the near future.

First of all don't count on Gray beating Ultear on his own, he sure is powerful but it's not a question of him defeating her but that their fight will actually be interrupted.

They are going to trade blows and spells the usual shonen way with Gray pushing Ultear back.

Eventually the attack team (as mentioned this chapter FT will split in two groups) composed of Natsu, Lucy and Happy will arrive at the scene coincidentaly at the same time Erza does, essentially Utear and Meredy are surrounded.

The defense team will be composed of Fried, Bixlow, Wendy, Charle and Panterlily (defense razers, healer and cats).

Back to were the action is Ultear prepares to try an all out attack against her foes but before she does that...

Hades arrives and cuts her down.

Hades:

-Did you really tought you could fool me child?

I, who taught you the path of darkness and the very magic you wield.

Ultear faintingly curses and tries to fight back Hades but he breaks her attack and brutally tosses her away.

Meredy loses her cool and tries to avenge Ultear but Hades easily scoffs it of firing a powerful attack back at her.

Gray saves her at the last second as everything on the attack's path is destroyed.

Hades:

-This betrayal comes at no surprise, I alway knew that one day the very mages I trained would turn against me driven by their own lust of power, that's the nature of beings of darkness.

However, to think that after all the trouble I went to gather and train you kin, that my power would be greater than the whole lot of you is really a betrayal I can't forgive.

Natsu:

-What the hell is your problem!

Attacking the members of your own guild and treating them like trash?! I will show you not to...

Meredy:

-Hold it!

This man standing before us is no other than Master Hades, his power is beyond your imagination and if we aren't careful he will kill us all in a brim.

Natsu remembers when Zancrow mentioned Hades name as the one who wounded Makarov.

Natsu:

-So he is the one who hurted Grampa!

I will make him pay!

Natsu gets all fired up.

The other members get ready to fight aswell with Meredy joining them.

Hades smiles at the end.

Ifrit
June 20, 2011, 01:58 AM
It took me time to get in the mood for posting here (had a week of university exams) but here is what I can see coming in the near future.

First of all don't count on Gray beating Ultear on his own, he sure is powerful but it's not a question of him defeating her but that their fight will actually be interrupted.

They are going to trade blows and spells the usual shonen way with Gray pushing Ultear back.

Eventually the attack team (as mentioned this chapter FT will split in two groups) composed of Natsu, Lucy and Happy will arrive at the scene coincidentaly at the same time Erza does, essentially Utear and Meredy are surrounded.

The defense team will be composed of Fried, Bixlow, Wendy, Charle and Panterlily (defense razers, healer and cats).

Back to were the action is Ultear prepares to try an all out attack against her foes but before she does that...

Hades arrives and cuts her down.

Hades:

-Did you really tought you could fool me child?

I, who taught you the path of darkness and the very magic you wield.

Ultear faintingly curses and tries to fight back Hades but he breaks her attack and brutally tosses her away.

Meredy loses her cool and tries to avenge Ultear but Hades easily scoffs it of firing a powerful attack back at her.

Gray saves her at the last second as everything on the attack's path is destroyed.

Hades:

-This betrayal comes at no surprise, I alway knew that one day the very mages I trained would turn against me driven by their own lust of power, that's the nature of beings of darkness.

However, to think that after all the trouble I went to gather and train you kin, that my power would be greater than the whole lot of you is really a betrayal I can't forgive.

Natsu:

-What the hell is your problem!

Attacking the members of your own guild and treating them like trash?! I will show you not to...

Meredy:

-Hold it!

This man standing before us is no other than Master Hades, his power is beyond your imagination and if we aren't careful he will kill us all in a brim.

Natsu remembers when Zancrow mentioned Hades name as the one who wounded Makarov.

Natsu:

-So he is the one who hurted Grampa!

I will make him pay!

Natsu gets all fired up.

The other members get ready to fight aswell with Meredy joining them.

Hades smiles at the end.

Did You kidnap Hiro Mashima or something ? O.o ....are you forcing him to make this ? xDD

thats actually not bad thumps UP ! :)

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

... A one hit KO on the leader of the Seven Kin... Really? I know she's not allowed to kill Gray but they really couldn't let her win this round and then come back and fight a stronger Gray and lose? Or at least put up some kind of fight? If Meredy and Gray are able to take Ultear, I'd be OK with that but I'd like to see her fight against someone one-on-one so we can see what she's really got.

I doubt Meredy can do anything against Ultear ...in a moment there Ultear showed a magic that similar to Meredy with that sword it could be Ultear who taught Meredy her magic ..not sure tho...since HADES mentioned he's the one trained them all ( I don't think he Trained Ultear tho ) can't tell there is still mystery about her Past and how she met HADES or why did she leave UR. I can't recall did UR ever said that her daughter died ? or was it just people talking ?

swordsaintscoot
June 20, 2011, 10:50 AM
discussions low because there's not much to discuss, there's been no real developments. the manga at the moment is just in one of those stages where nothing new is being developed, but a stage that needs to be done so things aren't over-rushed and forced. During/after the ultear fight things will pick up because as we all know, there's usually development during fights in fairy tail.

It's part of the reason i haven't been posting much about the last cuople chapters, with no 'new' material there's just no new ideas to come up with to share and discuss. When we all learn something new I'm sure discussion will pick up again.

Zoro #1
June 20, 2011, 11:00 AM
why does it feel like that natsu is gonna do something stupidly epic. just looking at his face it tells you that he is noot gonna follow the plan and just go for hades the first chance he gets. similar to luffy in one piece during the CP9 arc.

ca12nag3
June 20, 2011, 12:01 PM
discussions low because there's not much to discuss, there's been no real developments. the manga at the moment is just in one of those stages where nothing new is being developed, but a stage that needs to be done so things aren't over-rushed and forced. During/after the ultear fight things will pick up because as we all know, there's usually development during fights in fairy tail.

It's part of the reason i haven't been posting much about the last cuople chapters, with no 'new' material there's just no new ideas to come up with to share and discuss. When we all learn something new I'm sure discussion will pick up again.

development is low? I dont agree, we see the true Ultear for the very first time. We always see her plotting but this was the first time we see her reasoning her actions. Also we get Gray who uses his brain and actualy looking thrue Ultear. Last but not least there is Meredy who questions if what Ultear is doing is the right thing. Even if she doesnt step in to save Juvia.

How much more do you want in a weekly?

Nonlife
June 20, 2011, 06:13 PM
Ever since I learned Ultear manipulated Gerard from the getgo, at that HORRIBLE prison (from Erza's arc), I suspected she had her own goals, which included overthrowing Hades; and the fact there was no flashback incluuded to substantiate her claim to be Ur's daughter. (It's part of the working's of anime: most flashbacks are considered to be true - to some degree.)

*Poor Juvia. She'd shed tears of joy if she knew Gray was her "Knight in shining armor."

shuha27
June 20, 2011, 06:50 PM
I really am getting tired of the fights in this arc, I just want the story to keep moving we've been waiting forever. Oh well that won't happen, I see this fight dragging out for about two chapters. I really want the winner to be Grey. He's been fodder lately and I really want him to do something great. Just want to get to the ending of this arc, so many unanswered things >.<

swordsaintscoot
June 20, 2011, 10:03 PM
development is low? I dont agree, we see the true Ultear for the very first time. We always see her plotting but this was the first time we see her reasoning her actions. Also we get Gray who uses his brain and actualy looking thrue Ultear. Last but not least there is Meredy who questions if what Ultear is doing is the right thing. Even if she doesnt step in to save Juvia.

How much more do you want in a weekly?

I'm not complaining. I'm just saying, this is stuff that Mashima has to show to the audience more directly, but stuff that we all knew and had figured out. Sure there'll be a few "oh so Gray has wisened up" but that's not a huge plot development. What I'm saying is, he's confirming what we've already though, and that is development, but to a lot of people not something to discuss at large because, due to our suspicions have already been discussed. There's not much extra to say about Meredy, sure she's finally questioning Ultear a little bit, but how much can you really say about her reactions that's new when ever since she was introduced people have been repeating the same thing about her joining FT?

It wasn't about what I wanted dude, I'm enjoying the manga, but I also realise when a chapter is mostly fluff that needs to be gotten out the way before the author can move on to bigger things. This doesn't annoy me, I just don't jump on to the discussing bandwagon when I feel there's nothing to discuss.

@ nonlife - *Poor Juvia. She'd shed tears of joy if she knew Gray was her "Knight in shining armor."

Actually, when gray said he's chosen the path to live with his comrades, Juvia smiled.

Ninja_Pirate
June 21, 2011, 02:12 AM
Agreed- The current chapters have not give enough to discuss about.. however if we look at the arc it was informative if not entertaining... we came to know about the island.. the first master... stronger growing or was always there FT will.. luxus (made people wondering of his appearance..lol) ... gerrad... a kid for whom still we dont have any idea why it was shown... single source of magic.. natsu s development (he is the only one till date in this arc who came up wid some new strategy/technique) ... Ultear .. introduction to zeref and ultear s lust for him :p.. development in juvia gray relationship.. possibly a new member to FT (Meredey)// bluenote was a joke..

and now the final battle with Hades is nearing.. what i would say is Mashima has played safe by putting this arc n this island .. and every ass pull can be explained by the magical power of the island which got restored after defeat of Azuma.. and in future if any FT member got a short fall it can never be referred back to this arc since it is not the true indicator of their actual potential.. also thus it is always possible for FT to defeat Hades or Gray to defeat Ulter (leader of 7 Kins)

RaveDragon
June 21, 2011, 06:01 AM
I really am getting tired of the fights in this arc, I just want the story to keep moving we've been waiting forever. Oh well that won't happen, I see this fight dragging out for about two chapters. I really it the winner is Grey. He's been fodder lately and I really want him to do something great. Just want to get to the ending of this arc, so many unanswered things >.<

I hope not, I'm hoping Ultear gets up laughs maniacally hits Gray and makes a run for it with Z ^^ I do think she's good as an ultimate villian with Zeref see what she did to Jellal :amuse I mean ofc first we'll get a cool fight out of it and meredy is confused, first she's with Ulteear but then she asks her to stop because FT are good people but ofc Ultear bitchslaps her and GxJ defend her ^^ Ultear has a big wish so she must go on to another arc for her and reawakened Zeref, she did say she has the key to his reawakening, i wonder what it is though :/ i also want to know who sealed him...

I'm hoping that Mashima will go from one group to another showing what they're up to I mean i want some revelations now D= Layla showed up, Zeref showed up come on give me some juicy info! not a two chapter fight...pls not a 2 chapter fight, i can go with it only if he puts in some Hades (actually a lot) and gets a move on.

Guys remember that they'll be dividing in two groups so I'm assuming only one group will meets Hades its got to be Natsu and Lucys group (if theyre together but theyre always together xD) but still hades is healthy and rested and FT is all tired and bruised :/ i dont think theyll win. Probably next chapter we will see the split groups. and maybe a small flashback of the plan they have. This arc cant have more than 6 chapters left :/ i think...

Something important will happen in the end of the arc for sure it concerns lucy, natsu and Zeref but what, something that will make FT feel like they lost, i also feel Capricorn will come to help out im actually curious on his real abilities ^^ he's one of the strong spirits so...

PS I shall call this the arc of love because its so full of shippings, its just so much xD i wonder if its on purpose and theres some kind of ultearior motive for this...

LevyxGajeel
http://www.mangareader.net/135-58636-17/fairy-tail/chapter-211.html I <3 this xD

EvergreenxElfman
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/222/16 i got to admit this was cute

NatsuxLucy Wohooo
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/226/20
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/227/10]

Natsuxlisanna
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/231/16

GrayxJuvia yes!
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/239/14

ErzaxJellal ofc too

Ifrit
June 21, 2011, 06:14 AM
I hope not, I'm hoping Ultear gets up laughs maniacally hits Gray and makes a run for it with Z ^^ I do think she's good as an ultimate villian with Zeref see what she did to Jellal :amuse I mean ofc first we'll get a cool fight out of it and meredy is confused, first she's with Ulteear but then she asks her to stop because FT are good people but ofc Ultear bitchslaps her and GxJ defend her ^^ Ultear has a big wish so she must go on to another arc for her and reawakened Zeref, she did say she has the key to his reawakening, i wonder what it is though :/ i also want to know who sealed him...

I'm hoping that Mashima will go from one group to another showing what they're up to I mean i want some revelations now D= Layla showed up, Zeref showed up come on give me some juicy info! not a two chapter fight...pls not a 2 chapter fight, i can go with it only if he puts in some Hades (actually a lot) and gets a move on.

Guys remember that they'll be dividing in two groups so I'm assuming only one group will meets Hades its got to be Natsu and Lucys group (if theyre together but theyre always together xD) but still hades is healthy and rested and FT is all tired and bruised :/ i dont think theyll win. Probably next chapter we will see the split groups. and maybe a small flashback of the plan they have. This arc cant have more than 6 chapters left :/ i think...

Something important will happen in the end of the arc for sure it concerns lucy, natsu and Zeref but what, something that will make FT feel like they lost, i also feel Capricorn will come to help out im actually curious on his real abilities ^^ he's one of the strong spirits so...

PS I shall call this the arc of love because its so full of shippings, its just so much xD i wonder if its on purpose and theres some kind of ultearior motive for this...

LevyxGajeel
http://www.mangareader.net/135-58636-17/fairy-tail/chapter-211.html I <3 this xD

EvergreenxElfman
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/222/16 i got to admit this was cute

NatsuxLucy Wohooo
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/226/20
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/227/10]

Natsuxlisanna
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/231/16

GrayxJuvia yes!
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/239/14

ErzaxJellal ofc too

If we can vote which one is the best I vote :

Gray & Juvia First Place

Gajeel & Levy 2nd :)

kkck
June 21, 2011, 09:16 AM
Well, urtear could be the leader of the seven kin but its not like she has had it easy on the island. She fought zeref who apparently gave her a good fight and the she fought natsu who apparently held his ground quite well. Urtear is without a doubt strong but she is far from her best IMO. I don´t see any reason for grey not to win this really. Heck, his ice should even provide a good defense against some of the attacks she has used so far (and ice is bound to not age right?).

ca12nag3
June 21, 2011, 09:30 AM
I dunno, i think Ultear knows a great deal about Uls magic so surprising her should be with new spells and abilities. So this fight could go either way. However Ultear has the advantage of being able to target Juvia. Gray will not harm others for his goals. So hes in a disadvantage here. Also the entire plan for Ultear is to retreat as quick as possible with Zeref, so toying with Gray risking he gets reinforcements is not good. She however can only get Hades to help her. And she was planning to betray him. So this fight cannot and will not last long.

kkck
June 21, 2011, 09:44 AM
I don´t think knowing ur´s magic would help much. From what we know ice make is a very flexible magic. It does not rely on a specific set of spells but rather grey´s own shape so to speak. In that regard, the way grey uses should be completely different from how ur did.

ca12nag3
June 21, 2011, 10:01 AM
I don´t think knowing ur´s magic would help much. From what we know ice make is a very flexible magic. It does not rely on a specific set of spells but rather grey´s own shape so to speak. In that regard, the way grey uses should be completely different from how ur did.

the basic principles are the same. So counter-measuring is the same as well. I don't see how that is any different. After all its make magic. So it depends on stability referring to Leons mistake and Gray actually listening to his teacher (using 2 hands). And the speed at which he can make. If you interrupt him in time he cant make.

However Gray has really high speed and already surprised Ultear once. Well see how it goes but Ultear knows this type of magic first hand. So i don't see him win in the long run.

Ninja_Pirate
June 21, 2011, 02:19 PM
Well, urtear could be the leader of the seven kin but its not like she has had it easy on the island. She fought zeref who apparently gave her a good fight and the she fought natsu who apparently held his ground quite well. Urtear is without a doubt strong but she is far from her best IMO. I don´t see any reason for grey not to win this really. Heck, his ice should even provide a good defense against some of the attacks she has used so far (and ice is bound to not age right?).

Making ice is basically cooling water so running the same back in time or restoring to its natural form is .. making it into water or if dry ice than will turn into gas however Mashima will not go to that extent for sure...:p .. I guess if juvia and gray makes a tag team it would be epic and then Ul is going down for sure :p .. because she cant render the magic abilities of both at same time..

1337 haxor
June 21, 2011, 07:58 PM
All I can say is that the battle against Hades will be the longest and most despairful you will ever see in this series.

In a nutshell that guy can't be beaten with the power of friendship, much less with the aura of Fairy Tail.

That guys scream BESERK mode in it's ultimate stance, it's the sort of nearly invincible foe that takes the godlike uncontrolled release of power from a protagonist that goes back from the dead.

My tips are on either Natsu turning into a dragon or Lucy becoming something even worse.

Also I think that Hades still has his FT mark hidden somewhere, he was keen not to remain on the island longer than defeating Makarov and I think it was because he wanted to avoid being drained.

If that plan failed he could step back in and not be at the disadvantage of losing magic to Tenrou and Mavis.

RaveDragon
June 22, 2011, 10:51 AM
My tips are on either Natsu turning into a dragon or Lucy becoming something even worse.

Wow that would be cool but i see natsu doing the transformation, Lucy not so much, well getting angry and shooting some cool spells is the most i would expect i think from here...what can be worse than a dragon? an angry she-dragon?

Also I think that Hades still has his FT mark hidden somewhere, he was keen not to remain on the island longer than defeating Makarov and I think it was because he wanted to avoid being drained.

Im not sure about this since hades keft FT and i think they gave him the farewell ceremony, but it could be and it would make sense why he didnt join the fight, but i think now he will come out, there is something i think he still needs fom FT whether it is to just plainly crush it now after their long hazardous battle where all of them are now either down or tired or out of magic or something else except Zeref, Ultear did say his 'Eye' isnt on them currently so he must be watching the other FT, so the question is what does he really want now that he "has" (cuz Ultear isnt really on his side is she) Zeref?

Ultear vs gray
i dont know i guess after all these wins for Ft he might (except for evergreen, elfman and makarov) want to balance it out with another loss, BUT Mashima might want to reawaken Zeref now so Gray might win actually so Zeref can encounter the others of FT and natsu again.

I was thinking if Lucy doesnt do some cool move, speech (she will surely tell us about the source of magic which i think is not only BN objective but also hades) or transformation as 1337haxor put it haha she might 'accidentely' reawaken Zeref (cuz her magic seems all lighty and stuff almost like zeref's opposite and her mum might be involved bla bla like i said before)

Dylan21
June 22, 2011, 02:37 PM
This arc is going down every chapter ... it started great , with lot of potential , but in the end we get the same crap that Mashima always used( the strongest mage(makarov) who,for some reason, get pulled out of the fight and then the other weaker beat the crap out of the enemies with the power of friendship. Than when everything seems lost, some other member of FT came and saved the day etc... until FT will win and everything will return as it always be )

In next chapters Urtear will probably beat Gray for a while but in the end Gray will win in some way. At this point i made my mind at peace that Hades will be defeated by Natsu, like always . It's a shame trough, this arc could have been really awesome

Ifrit
June 22, 2011, 02:46 PM
This arc is going down every chapter ... it started great , with lot of potential , but in the end we get the same crap that Mashima always used( the strongest mage(makarov) who,for some reason, get pulled out of the fight and then the other weaker beat the crap out of the enemies with the power of friendship. Than when everything seems lost, some other member of FT came and saved the day etc... until FT will win and everything will return as it always be )

In next chapters Urtear will probably beat Gray for a while but at the end Gray will win in some way. At this point i made my mind at peace that Hades will be defeated by Natsu, like always . It's a shame trough, this arc could have been really awesome

I don't understand how one bad chapter made this Arc bad ? I disagree this Arc is the 2nd best After Fairy Tail battle Arc. people are still angry about how Azuma got beaten ...but I don't get it yes it was kinda bad ending for him..but what did we expect ? Azuma Wins ? then Fairy Tail dies ? end of Anime ? ( Azuma used a magic that wasn't his from the first place. A magic that exist to protect Fairy Tail it turned back at him he deserve it. )

Makarov Talked to MAVIS be4 everything starts. Asking him to protect his kids and he will take full responsibility. I think Makarov will end up getting killed in the end of this Arc ( There u go every1 what more loss u want for Fairy Tail more than losing their master )
?

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/214/2

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/214/3

Dylan21
June 22, 2011, 03:05 PM
I don't understand how one bad chapter made this Arc bad ? I disagree this Arc is the 2nd best After Fairy Tail battle Arc. people are still angry about how Azuma got beaten ...but I don't get it yes it was kinda bad ending for him..but what did we expect ? Azuma Wins ? then Fairy Tail dies ? end of Anime ? ( Azuma used a magic that wasn't his from the first place. A magic that exist to protect Fairy Tail it turned back at him he deserve it. )

Makarov Talked to MAVIS be4 everything starts. Asking him to protect his kids and he will take full responsibility. I think Makarov will end up getting killed in the end of this Arc ( There u go every1 what more loss u want for Fairy Tail more than losing their master )
?

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/214/2

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/214/3

No no, don't get me wrong, it's not just one chapter that made this arc bad, it's about how it is been developed.
First of all, i wouldn't dislike a FT lost once in a while. Second , about all the fights in this arc have been made bad in my opinion , for example, to beat Azuma, Mashima could have use someone like Laxus, and use some excuse like 'he's expelled so he can use magic'.. this would have been better than the same Erza-power up which is become really monotone ,and annoying too, at this point. The same will probably happen in the next fight with Urtear and Gray.

I personally don't care if someone dies or not. But it's getting a bit boring see how ft always win with the same excuse, at least in my opinion. I just had different expectations from this arc.

I really hope Hades won't be defetead by Natsu or some other member(that would be ridicolous seeing how Makarov's been defetead ), instead i'd like to see him die by the hands of Zeref full awake ,for example.

meepers4982
June 22, 2011, 04:07 PM
Wow that would be cool but i see natsu doing the transformation, Lucy not so much, well getting angry and shooting some cool spells is the most i would expect i think from here...what can be worse than a dragon? an angry she-dragon?
i think thats the only thing worse from a dragon :)

i was reading the chapter and when grey agreed to the plan i was like NOOOOOOO!!!! and when i heard ultear's real intentions i was like NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But then i was really happy when grey burst in and hit her, it was satisfying, now lets hope zeref wakes up to get his revenge.

Ifrit
June 23, 2011, 12:45 AM
No no, don't get me wrong, it's not just one chapter that made this arc bad, it's about how it is been developed.
First of all, i wouldn't dislike a FT lost once in a while. Second , about all the fights in this arc have been made bad in my opinion , for example, to beat Azuma, Mashima could have use someone like Laxus, and use some excuse like 'he's expelled so he can use magic'.. this would have been better than the same Erza-power up which is become really monotone ,and annoying too, at this point. The same will probably happen in the next fight with Urtear and Gray.

I personally don't care if someone dies or not. But it's getting a bit boring see how ft always win with the same excuse, at least in my opinion. I just had different expectations from this arc.

I really hope Hades won't be defetead by Natsu or some other member(that would be ridicolous seeing how Makarov's been defetead ), instead i'd like to see him die by the hands of Zeref full awake ,for example.

Yea I think we all agree on Azuma Vs Erza fight is one the worse fights ever in FT. but what other fights we talking about ?

personally I liked the rest but :

I also didn't like Natsu vs Zancrow, Gildartz Finishing on BN.

Fried Finishing on RustyRose...I think he should done it the other way around ..the first entrance hit when Fried transformed to his demon side. and Bixlow destroyed RustyRose beast that is the perfect finishing. not sure why he did this way.

but the Arc is still not over yet. believe it or not I don't think Mashima will make Natsu beat HADES I don't see it . Natsu strong got magic in him that even HADES or Makarov can't use. but still....if he really did it this way it will be MEGA kill for Natsu waaaay 2 much.

Most ppl will disagree but I hope it will be Zeref who beat HADES ...Zeref wake up from his sleep then he beat the crap out of HADES then Natsu beat Zeref with the help of Lucy info about source of magic. ( Which will be fine since Zeref himself said only Natsu can kill me )
believe it or not I think Gazille fight was the best :)...but I'm hoping for better one Ultear Vs Gray.

Krono
June 23, 2011, 01:33 AM

Laxus is to the best of our knowledge days, if not weeks of travel away. He has no idea where they are, or what is happening other than having a odd feeling. Him suddenly showing up to save the day based on that would be a tremendous deus ex machina. It would also pretty much be an instant win for Fairy Tail as all he'd have to do would be activate Fairy Law on the island before Hades could stop him, and they win.

Complaining that instead of Laxus showing up as a DEM, Azuma was defeated by an Erza-power up is rather silly as Erza received no power up. Azuma simply partly lost control of the island's magic while trying to blast Erza with it a second time, leaving her unharmed by it, and free to counter attack an exhausted Azuma who was temporarily immobilized by the strain of making the attack. No "power ups" involved.

I'm also getting rather tired of people saying that they want to see Fairy Tail lose for once, or that it'd be nice if Fairy Tail lost once in a while. Throughout the course of the series, every Fairy Tail combatant on the island has lost at least one fight. The guild as a whole lost the first battle with Phantom Lord in that arc when it was forced to retreat. Fairy Tail has lost multiple battles this arc, and had multiple pyrrhic victories that could easily be considered draws. Yet as far as the "lose for once" crowd seems to be concerned, everyone with a guild mark seems to have an unblemished winning streak. What exactly has to happen for you to be satisfied that Fairy Tail has finally "lost once in a while"?

White Silver King
June 23, 2011, 10:03 AM
Throughout the course of the series, every Fairy Tail combatant on the island has lost at least one fight.
When people say that they mean they want to see Erza and Natsu actually lose a serious fight. The only person Natsu has ever "lost" to was that owl guy after he got swallowed and that was for comic relief.

And you know, I'm getting tired of people saying "I'm so tired of people saying this" and "I"m so sick of people saying that", if you don't like it DON'T READ IT! Or don't come to a forum which is intented for people to discuss their opinions of the chapter. Everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of your like or dislike of it.

NAM61
June 23, 2011, 01:07 PM
natsu will probably defeat hades to save zeref from being their pawn. maybe we will learn how zeref knows natsu also wonder how gray will do next chapter in his fight he is probably gonna be outmatched

Epic_Rider
June 24, 2011, 09:19 AM
Laxus is to the best of our knowledge days, if not weeks of travel away. He has no idea where they are, or what is happening other than having a odd feeling. Him suddenly showing up to save the day based on that would be a tremendous deus ex machina. It would also pretty much be an instant win for Fairy Tail as all he'd have to do would be activate Fairy Law on the island before Hades could stop him, and they win.

Complaining that instead of Laxus showing up as a DEM, Azuma was defeated by an Erza-power up is rather silly as Erza received no power up. Azuma simply partly lost control of the island's magic while trying to blast Erza with it a second time, leaving her unharmed by it, and free to counter attack an exhausted Azuma who was temporarily immobilized by the strain of making the attack. No "power ups" involved.

I'm also getting rather tired of people saying that they want to see Fairy Tail lose for once, or that it'd be nice if Fairy Tail lost once in a while. Throughout the course of the series, every Fairy Tail combatant on the island has lost at least one fight. The guild as a whole lost the first battle with Phantom Lord in that arc when it was forced to retreat. Fairy Tail has lost multiple battles this arc, and had multiple pyrrhic victories that could easily be considered draws. Yet as far as the "lose for once" crowd seems to be concerned, everyone with a guild mark seems to have an unblemished winning streak. What exactly has to happen for you to be satisfied that Fairy Tail has finally "lost once in a while"?

Thank you, finally some sense regarding Erza vs Azuma rather than bitching about 'nakama powerups'.

It seems as though to people loss equals death or something. I can only assume they want a FT death out of some cheap attempt at being darker and edgier.

meepers4982
June 24, 2011, 02:20 PM
When people say that they mean they want to see Erza and Natsu actually lose a serious fight. The only person Natsu has ever "lost" to was that owl guy after he got swallowed and that was for comic relief.

And you know, I'm getting tired of people saying "I'm so tired of people saying this" and "I"m so sick of people saying that", if you don't like it DON'T READ IT! Or don't come to a forum which is intented for people to discuss their opinions of the chapter. Everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of your like or dislike of it.

yes true I agree that people are entitled to their own opinion but pessimism is counterproductive in a discussion as it usually is repetition of dislike of the manga week by week by the same person affecting others initial point of view of a chapter and leaving an uninteresting thread where everyone is complaining about how annoying a character is or how predictable a chapter was or whatever stupid reason they have to complain about and because of that reason it is difficult not to read a negative comment.

i hope in the next chapter we see an interesting fight. I think it was paired up nicely especially since it has a special connection to grey. Now what im really looking forward to is the last scene that charle saw in the beginning, way back in chapter 190- someting,as it seems this arc is nearing its close.

Krono
June 25, 2011, 02:09 AM

That was not a comic relief fight, the bar fights where Natsu charges Erza/Laxus/Gildarts and gets owned are comic relief fights. Nor is it the only time he's been defeated.

"Don't read it" is good advice for people that don't like the arc, or some aspect of the series. It doesn't work nearly so well for forums where you'd like to discuss the series, but there are so many people bashing it that it's worth only limited effort. This isn't a matter of "people aren't entitled to opinions that I dislike." I never said they weren't. All I've done is point out that the often repeat complaint that "Natsu/Erza/Fairy Tail never loses" is not supported by fact, and called upon the complainers to provide an example of what would satisfy them as a "loss". You're entitled to your opinion, including ones I don't like. You are not entitled to having them not challenged, any more than I'm not entitled to having mine not challenged.

It seems as though to people loss equals death or something. I can only assume they want a FT death out of some cheap attempt at being darker and edgier.

That definitely explains some people, but it doesn't explain all of them. I've had people complain that they wanted Azuma to win so Fairy Tail would finally be defeated. When it was pointed out to them that this would result in everyone in FT on the island dying, they started coming up with reasons why Azuma would suddenly decided to spare everyone. When it was pointed out that that still left Bluenote and Rustyrose free to kill the helpless members, the best they could come up with was Hades suddenly ordering them to spare FT. That this was a life or death battle where the natural thing to happen if Fairy Tail lost would be along the lines of what Ultear attempted this chapter was something that seemingly just hadn't occurred to them.

Ifrit
June 25, 2011, 03:24 AM
Thank you, finally some sense regarding Erza vs Azuma rather than bitching about 'nakama powerups'.

I don't think Erza Vs Azumat is Nakama Power...although Mashima did represent it like that...but u could just think of it as Azuma used a magic existed to protect fairy tail and that magic in some point turned back @ him n didn't do any damage to Erza.

But rather it's nakama power or what I said...the fight was still Bad imo.

and I hope we won't see the same fight HADES Vs Natsu

I really hope it will be Zeref Vs HADES = Zeref Win

Natsu + Lucy Vs Zeref = Natsu & Lucy win

But we should really just let it go. forget about Azuma n try to enjoy whats left from this Arc.

My Money on Gray showing Ultear how strong her mother magic is..and how it can be unlimited depend on the caster who can create anything he want ..never seen Gray punching with ICE like Natsu but it was kewwwwl...hope to see more new moves from Gray next chapter

dirtywork
June 25, 2011, 05:47 AM
the evil Zeref will easily beat all people ine the island but gloomy Zeref isn't that powerful or don't wanna to fight and Hades will provoke him to battle and beaten badly though

exacta
June 25, 2011, 12:07 PM

Theres no denying that Erza got up because she remembered she had to "protect her friends". Azuma even commented several chapters before that Fairy Tail "wields their friendship like blades" aka nakama bullshit powerup. And the fact that Azuma's magic worked before but then all of a sudden it can't hurt her is lame.

No, Fairy Tail did not lose to Phantom Lord. That was Gazille trashing the building off screen when all of the most powerful members weren't there, and when Fairy Tail did go into Phantom Lord, pretty much every member of Phantom Lord went down like a CHUMP, even Jose. Honestly, it made no sense how Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord could've been equals.

Sure, a few characters have had some "losses" but Erza, Lucy and Natsu always win because of some bullshit plot device. It'd be interesting if Fairy Tail did indeed lose to Grimoire Heart, it'd make the antagonists actually feel threatening for once. Theres no denying that Fairy Tail's win streak is toooo good, and its annoying that everytime they migh lose someone has to start screaming about nakama and start some kind of orgy, and then all of the sudden all the interesting villains Mashima created get fodderized(look at Rustyrose and FREAKING BLUENOTE what was the point of him???)

And what was the point of Gildartz's epic "you must know when to run away from a battle speech" when NO ONE effing listens to it??? When you get down to it, in the end,it's bad writing. Theres lots of ways Mashima could've saved Fairy Tails ass without bullshit powerups. Luxus could've appeared( Hades would easily counter Fairy Law with Grimoire Law), The Council is firing Etherion and everyone has to escape, Zeref could do something, Lamia Scale and Blue Pegasus could appear to back them up, or Tartaros appearing trying to steal Zeref away from Grimoire Heart and breaking the alliance, distracting them and forcing them to retreat and allowing Fairy Tail to escape amidst the distraction.

There was SO MUCH potential, and Mashima instead opted to go with the old bullshit nakama powerup.

I's not like anyone is saying "blah this is boring" or anything.....their just tired of alll the nakama crap, and I honestly can't blame them, its too predictable, unoriginal, and anticlimactic.

Zeltrax
June 25, 2011, 12:21 PM
I seriously have no idea what all the arguing is about.
All the ft nakama crap and ft plot devices have been discussed to dead in the past few weeks already.
What has any of that have to do with this chapter :s
I dont see any nakama powerup this chapter, I really enjoyed
Gray and ultear's fight and I thought that red ice was quick and
smart thinking.
Ultear also fought seriously and we got to see more of her relationship with ur.
So what exactly are people trying to achieve repeating the same thing and bashing ft
over and over again every week?

exacta
June 25, 2011, 12:37 PM
I seriously have no idea what all the arguing is about.
All the ft nakama crap and ft plot devices have been discussed to dead in the past few weeks already.
What has any of that have to do with this chapter :s
I dont see any nakama powerup this chapter, I really enjoyed
Gray and ultear's fight and I thought that red ice was quick and
smart thinking.
Ultear also fought seriously and we got to see more of her relationship with ur.
So what exactly are people trying to achieve repeating the same thing and bashing ft
over and over again every week?

Well this thread was for discussion of last weeks chapter, not this week, so thats why no ones discussing it. I know the chapter is on mangastream, but theres no thread created for it yet, so thats partially why people in this thread are still talking about it, since they don't want to spoil it by looking in the spoiler thread.

Zeltrax
June 25, 2011, 12:46 PM
My bad, I thought this thread is the new thread.
I feel stupid for wasting my post and for blaming the people here
thinking its a new thread.
But thanks.

White Silver King
June 25, 2011, 01:50 PM
That was not a comic relief fight, the bar fights where Natsu charges Erza/Laxus/Gildarts and gets owned are comic relief fights. Nor is it the only time he's been defeated.
Are you kidding me? You don't find the main character who owns all in his path being swallowed by a giant owl dude who then proceeds to fly around with him in his stomach comic relief?

"Don't read it" is good advice for people that don't like the arc, or some aspect of the series.
I read the manga out of loyalty and hope that it'll turn around.

It doesn't work nearly so well for forums where you'd like to discuss the series, but there are so many people bashing it that it's worth only limited effort. This isn't a matter of "people aren't entitled to opinions that I dislike." I never said they weren't.
I like to discuss the series as well, and I'm going to say what I want to say. If people can speak well of a chapter when it's good and not have others complain that everyone is being so positive, then people can speak ill of chapter when it's bad and not have other complain that everyone is being so negative. When you enter a "discussion" you are knowingly opening yourself up to experience both negative and positive feedback. If you don't want to read negative feedback, start a "Positive Feedback Only" thread.

All I've done is point out that the often repeat complaint that "Natsu/Erza/Fairy Tail never loses" is not supported by fact, and called upon the complainers to provide an example of what would satisfy them as a "loss".
Yes, it is supported by fact. Show me a serious one-on-one battle fought by Natsu (I don't have a problem with Erza winning, accept for the Ikaruga fight and her fight with Azuma) where he gets taken out and doesn't get back up and then own his opponent. Draws don't count either because they are draws not loses.