PDA

View Full Version : Theory Gold Roger, Pirate King used to be a slave?

Zeltrax
June 14, 2011, 07:13 PM
This is a little theory of mine, not sure if it deserves its own thread but if it doesn't the mods
can feel free to move it to where it belongs.

I've been wondering for a while now about the nobles and commoners system in one piece that seems to hold an importance in the overall story so I'm linking it to the Pirate King.

What if the Pirate King before he even became a pirate used to be a slave?
Since the world nobles exists way before the great age of piracy. Then there is the strawhat, usually farmers wear them so there is a possibly that he was only a "commoner" .
Of course, this is just speculation.

I just thought how it will be a twist if the great gold roger used to be a slave and trampled on, and is not as great as the world thinks he is.

That would also explains what One Piece is..maybe Gold Roger's attempt to overthrow the world's system.

kkck
June 15, 2011, 10:36 AM
I don't think roger ever tried to overthrow anything at all. If he had wanted to he would have right? Heck, if he had wanted such a thing he could have easily joined up with shiki and taken over the world and do as he pleases. I like the idea that being a slave at one point made him into the carefree guy he was in live though.

Uriel
June 15, 2011, 11:38 AM
We can always move it to Tree of Knowledge, but I think it's all right here.

And for me what Roger did was a last attempt to enjoy his death or assure something. He was a free man and lived like that. Still, the talks between Roger and Garp doesn't sound like He was a slave. I don't know, I think any of them could just mention it. Of course, we're talking about Oda here and We should expect anything xD