PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 240 Discussion

ghostexiled
June 18, 2011, 01:39 AM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/70970-Fairy-Tail-240-Discussion-241-Predictions) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

Drakk707
June 25, 2011, 05:52 AM
Chapter is out! (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/63946970/1)

RaveDragon
June 25, 2011, 06:14 AM
Ultear = ultimate villian ha sorry i was wrong
Ultear = Evilness megavillian of the century

LOL Juvia...enough said...she's adorable.

okay Gray using his own blood to make red ice i didn't expect it...he used his brains..YES! Gray you rock! even though i still think you'll lose...especially since Ultear can use ice magic too so and it seems on a higher level than Gray's.
Ultear can use quite awesome ice magic i wonder why she hates her mother i mean her mother loves her so was she kidnapped or something.

i was thinking she another one taken to the tower of paradise and then it was she who actually lost herself to Zeref because she came in contact with a part of him sealed somewhere and is following his plans for him to reawaken. And the great world of magic or single source of magic comes in again. next week is probably some more Ultear and her flashbacks (her win on gray) and some Hades action.

Darjaille
June 25, 2011, 06:16 AM
Um.. so... ice evaporates, that's what I thought. He added his blood, so she cannot use her magic on it. Ok. I guess it can be this way.
Next chapter I guess we get to see flashbacks of why she hates Ur so much (what happened to the little kid? She ran away?) Surely she couldn't be more than 10 or 12 at that time.
And she'll fight with molding magic from now on, so it will be about who is better in it. I predict Gray winning over her (the 'I cannot loose' stuff) and it's either her end or she flees.

Juvia :kissbunny Now I wonder what will happen to Meredy.

Skyguardian
June 25, 2011, 06:17 AM
Juvia is just win... XD

The battle was great. Gray sure can come up with something.
Now I want to know even more about Ultear's Past.

LoS
June 25, 2011, 06:24 AM
Wow, those first 5 pages were completely worthless.

This chapter is such a sham. Urtear literally curbstomps Grey using just her own physical power, and then once Grey uses living blood ice she all of a sudden forgets how to fight and can no longer harm him even physically. So freaking stupid.

Ifrit
June 25, 2011, 06:28 AM
LOL Juvia hehehehe.....mmm..using ICE magic I didn't see that coming ......but still this is Gray chance to surpass UR power. he took a big hit, but I still don't think he will lose. I'm gonna love next chapter more than just a fight. It will be nice to understand UR & her daughter past.

Skyguardian
June 25, 2011, 06:37 AM
Wow, those first 5 pages were completely worthless.

This chapter is such a sham. Urtear literally curbstomps Grey using just her own physical power, and then once Grey uses living blood ice she all of a sudden forgets how to fight and can no longer harm him even physically. So freaking stupid.

Haters just have to hate...

ErosVp
June 25, 2011, 06:38 AM
Gray will beat the hell out of Ultear! But before she dies she might redeem herself, I think... maybe...

I predict she was kidnapped or something, managed to escape, and then saw Ur with her two disciples and thought her mother forgot about her and replaced her with the two boys! Saddened, she came to hate her mother and her disciples...

Ifrit
June 25, 2011, 06:51 AM
Gray will beat the hell out of Ultear! But before she dies she might redeem herself, I think... maybe...

I predict she was kidnapped or something, managed to escape, and then saw Ur with her two disciples and thought her mother forgot about her and replaced her with the two boys! Saddened, she came to hate her mother and her disciples...

Exactly that flash back after Gray used his blood it looks like she was also in that tower..but like u said when she finally got back to find her self being replaced...kinda sucks...but I still don't get it ...did UR think her daughter died ? did she ever said that she died ?

maybe she had no idea that her mother knew she's still alive.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Where ever you go. there is always a fan of ( one piece ) just can't stand the idea FT is way better than OP xDDD

LoS
June 25, 2011, 06:53 AM

Or people who actually pay attention to the chapter notice when someone dominates someone else hand to hand and then goes full retard...

Where ever you go. there is always a fan of ( one piece ) just can't stand the idea FT is way better than OP xDDD

The ratings don't lie, there is a reason OP is far and away higher. And I'll stop there cuz Ghost doesn't like this crap on his board, but just remember your childish response started it.

Ifrit
June 25, 2011, 06:55 AM
Or people who actually pay attention to the chapter notice when someone dominates someone else hand to hand and then goes full retard...

The ratings don't lie, there is a reason OP is far and away higher. And I'll stop there cuz Ghost doesn't like this crap on his board, but just remember your childish response started it.

too early to say some1 is dominating in this fight LOL....Ultear also took a big hit from Gray n then she returned with another big hit .

LoS
June 25, 2011, 07:01 AM

The problem with Urtear redeeming herself(which you are most likely correct) is that FT already doesn't have a true villain. If she becomes good it continues a trend and we are left with yet again zero true bad guys.

bittman
June 25, 2011, 07:05 AM
LoS, I thought you were one of those Fairy Tail supporters who just enjoyed it for what it was? At the end of the day, Fairy Tail is not as good as One Piece, has plenty of plot holes, repeats themes, wouldn't know a real villain if it hit it in the face and uses plot armour and boobies in equally large amounts.

But it's still a fun light read right? I used to get a bit worked up, but when you start enjoying it for what it is, it's a good solid manga worth reading.

Can we at least agree it's better than Bleach? Hahahahahahahaha, that's a given. D. Grayman on hiatus is better than Bleach.

LoS
June 25, 2011, 07:09 AM
too early to say some1 is dominating in this fight LOL....Ultear also took a big hit from Gray n then she returned with another big hit .

She negated all his magic, and then slammed him to the ground with ease, avoided all of his wild swings.... what more could you ask from her?

Ero-Sanji
June 25, 2011, 07:12 AM
At the end of the day, it's like what Bittman says, this is how it's done and we just have to deal with it.

Those small blood ice daggers, shouldn't have overwhelmed Ultear seeing her melee capabilities but she was in shock, reacting as a typical vaillain would do when her/his powers are negated, however, experienced as she is she should have been able to evade Gray's special attack. Then we have Ultear's Ice make which seem to deviate from both Leon's and Gray's, hopefully she can win and keep going.

Ifrit
June 25, 2011, 07:14 AM
She negated all his magic, and then slammed him to the ground with ease, avoided all of his wild swings.... what more could you ask from her?

It doesn't matter it's Fairy Tail...he will probably remember when UR made him a cheese cake or something n just start freezing everything LOL Gray Took a shit load of ice magics from Lyon yet he ....u know.

Lozmaster
June 25, 2011, 07:15 AM

Dear god, she blocked one single attack in hand to hand, so thats dominating? When that obviously didn't work, grey tries something else, but shes a retard because her plan to block the attack (i.e. melting it by fast forwarding it) didn't work, because grey analyzed her magic and came up with a plan?

I can't help but feel bad for you, must be bad to spend a week waiting for a manga just so you can moan mindlessly about it. Unless you like QQing, I guess.

LoS
June 25, 2011, 07:20 AM
LoS, I thought you were one of those Fairy Tail supporters who just enjoyed it for what it was?

But it's still a fun light read right?

I take it for what it is, I understand the intended audience for this story. However, when you have a character such as Urtear who multiple times now has made a scene of saying, dont underestimate the eldest of the 7 kin and then proceeds to be made a mockery of, it is just kind of foolish. It's funny in itself that she would be flaunting such a title, since she is the eldest of the same group who have had their asses kicked up and down the island.

seeing her melee capabilities but she was in shock, reacting as a typical vaillain would do when her/his powers are negated, however, experienced as she is she should have been able to evade Gray's special attack.

This is EXACTLY what I am saying. Mashima is sending us so many mixed messages it is disturbing. I fear he really doesn't know how he wants to tell this part of the story. He obviously can't write Urtear well, character flaws abound with that one. He needs to make up his mind and stick with it.

Dear god, she blocked one single attack in hand to hand, so thats dominating? When that obviously didn't work, grey tries something else, but shes a retard because her plan to block the attack (i.e. melting it by fast forwarding it) didn't work, because grey analyzed her magic and came up with a plan?

Read it again smart alec. She physically puts him in his place, avoids his attacks. She is an experienced fighter and has shown analytical skills, but of course when in this situation she has a massive brain fart and completely gaffs what she should do. Mashima literally just showed her reading people and then when someone cuts them self she goes zombie mode from shock and doesn't have a single thought in her head other than to stick an arm out to block it? Where is the battle hardened senior member, where is the calm/collected fighter? It's plain and simple a cop out.

Skyguardian
June 25, 2011, 07:23 AM
Can we at least agree it's better than Bleach? Hahahahahahahaha, that's a given. D. Grayman on hiatus is better than Bleach.

Sorry but that is bullshit... D.grayman is nowhere that great it was at the beginning. It's gone downhill. You can't compare Bleach to Fairy Tail.

But enough off topic.

Fairy Tail is what it is because of the fanservice and the fun. I wouldn't read it otherwise. I like the nakame are your power theme. Gray will win because of his love for Ur.

Ero-Sanji
June 25, 2011, 07:28 AM
This is EXACTLY what I am saying. Mashima is sending us so many mixed messages it is disturbing. I fear he really doesn't know how he wants to tell this part of the story. He obviously can't write Urtear well, character flaws abound with that one. He needs to make up his mind and stick with it.

I get what you're trying to say, Azuma got cheated on but it's Erza and his defeat was necessary for the others to gain their powers back. But, what happened to Bluenote, this myth-like man that solely changed the outcome of a war? He easily got defeated by Gildartz, which is fine by me, but the way that it was done really destroyed that character and he literary disappeared into thin air.

Now, we have Ultear, my favourite villain; smart, collected, manipulativ and strong as hell. Now as for me the problem isn't that she's unable to avoid certain attacks she previously and obiously would have( I mean the blood ice is no different from Natsu's fire fists, and she had no problem avoiding them), instead what irritates me is that Mashima points at one thing but does the other and I'm afraid Ultear might share the same fate Bluenote did. That is a reputation and self indication of being far stronger than they really are.

Ninja_Pirate
June 25, 2011, 07:48 AM
First Mashima made ultear a character with a magic which is like super awesome... since there will be no living magic every magic can be fast forwarded or rewind it to destroy... in previous chapter discussion also i said that ice can be turned into water .... but how the hell mixing of blood (75%water) will not evaporate if fast forwarded...

Mashima gave ultear a power which he cudnt handle story wise.... and came up with a flaw in her magic which is itself flawed ,,, anyways its a fun read.. that's all to it

RaveDragon
June 25, 2011, 07:52 AM
Guys stop comparing Ghost will get angry and i would if i were him.

People like this chapter and people didn't, its true Ur negated his attack at first but then Gray used his brain and got a hit in because he has to give it his all as Ul is not a pushover and he knows it this surprised her and caused her to change tactic thus using ice magic, which isnt a surprise considering who her mum was shocking Gray and getting in a hit.

All in all an exciting chapter, its true though i dont understand the blood thing but i guess it can be taken as part of a living thing. still got to admit the Gray/Ur "i will seal your darkness" was epic.

As i said i believe the tower of paradise will come back in now she probably was kidnapped by them but managed to escape (something had already influenced her badly like i said soemthing zeref had made) she still had not fallen but when she saw her mum had replaced her (it is stated in the manga Ur thought Ul had died) she got angry and was fully influenced by Zeref and turned bad.

Now im not sure who will leave with Zeref if Ul or Hades but i guess Hades has more possibilities as he's too strong even Ul is afraid of his power not wanting to be spotted by his eye. So if Hades loses i will be disappointed, if Ul losses not so much but i like the idea of her and Zeref working together, she's been evil using zeref name from the start so she fits as an antagonist with him.

Hamy
June 25, 2011, 08:16 AM
My problem with Gray's solution is its basically a blatant contradiction since it pretty much defies logic of what a living thing is especially when you know far better that ice+blood = very dead cells (its common sense that ice crystals that form stab and mince cells so simply put anything blood frozen the way Gray does would mean the cells are dead thus fair game for Arc of time). Some people can go for this suspension of belief others like me simply don't find it easy to swallow. Though I guess we have to give the author some slack after all lets not forget this page which again is a blatant contradiction that is important in the fight with Gray and Ultear:

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/225/9

I guess Mashima logic just tends to defy common sense since I never thought PLANTS are considered non-living things XD, well he considers frozen blood to be living so one way or another we'll have to accept the convenience of his logic. Doesn't mean though that we have to consider it good writing or he clearly has a knowledge gap when it comes to biology - you decide.

I'd expect a bigger drawback from Gray considering how much blood he would have lost - I mean I really won't expect Gray to win this if his only solution is to form ice magic mixed with blood it has to be a a draw since he's clearly injuring himself as he hurts Ultear so my bet should be a draw (technically Ultear has already lost having to resort to a magic she clearly would despise). However, given all the talk about the so called drawback of using the forbidden magics I certainly haven't seen any recoil from the seven kin - except Azuma - so it doesn't seem like recoil damage has ever been an issue...

Though Ultear still has the upper hand forcing Gray to use close range(?) Ice magic that causes recoil damage for him to use as she can defend herself with Arc of time against normal ice, assuming she has the brains to, while attacking with ice magic on par with his mentor. She has both offense and defense down but hey she's already lost in my book just by using her moms magic - and would be just as bad a victory to win with it.

Ninja_Pirate
June 25, 2011, 09:00 AM
I am ok with the story line... i am happy that it is not a one sided match up between ultear and grey... but i think i shud restrict myself to try predicting the next chapter because everytime we predict some logical sequence... ?(though it did turn out right in case of erza for me :p) ...and Mashima in desperation to try surprise us throws an illogical thing.. because yes we can't predict that .. lol ...

@Hamy ... the blood cells are dead.. but if a human body is dead doesn't mean she can speed up the process of decomposition for that... and when said living things i guess she totally meant "animal cells" i.e. which has flesh... if we categories things which Mashima must have not given very much thought in.. we can live with it.. and enjoy the manga... but the chapters are not leaving any room for discussion ...

1337 haxor
June 25, 2011, 09:02 AM
Ok seriously now people, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO REMEMBER SHE FOUGHT FREAKIN ZEREF?

Ultear is not in her prime condition, we have no idea how much magic she used up to defeat Zeref and she came out visibly tired of that battle.

Do you think that she was manipulating Gray just for the lulz? She is smarter than that, she wanted to avoid a risky battle in her weakened state but Gray suddenly grew a brain (was that plotkai? XD) and she was placed on against the wall.

Don't get it wrong this fight is not for the sake of showing Gray's or Ultear's powers, it is a fight to reveal some unfinished ends in the story.

We are getting to know Ultear's past and her reason to fight and what counts on the battle is simply the coreography and sheer style of it. So if she loses fine by me.

Also I don't agree with people complaining about Bluenote and Rustyrose.

Plotwise they were just a couple hax empty individuals whose sole purpose was keeping the tension up while giving Gildartz and Fried & Bixlow something to beat.

The problem with this arc is not simply FT winning what one could consider extremely outclassed fights, the problem is that Mashima made a lot cliched time consuming villains for the sake of showing of popular characters.

Zancrow, Rustyrose, Cain and Bluenote were just there to kill time and drag on the arc.

The only ones that had any sort of emotional contribution were Meredy, Asuma, Caprico and now Ultear.

So far they didn't dissapoint, Asuma won two fights in a row before facing the red haired female Hitsugaya.

Meredy had to be befriended since she was crazy enough to go for a kamikaze triple kill.

Caprico was meh but Lucy needed another spirit.

Now Ultear is on the table and we will finally get some well deserved answers.

Also before I forget I still think that Hades will pop in and take down both Gray and Ultear.

Kauia
June 25, 2011, 09:49 AM
Please go easy on me. Everyone here seems so tense.

I don't care what people think. I say this chapter rocks. (Hi everyone! Newbie here!) Juvia was so hilarious in this chapter. With that heart in her eyes and all. Juvia is so adorable in this chapter. I love the look in Meredy's face as you see her trying to get away from a crawling Juvia chaser. That really did distract Gray. A lot. :D

I can't wait to see whats going to happen next. Gray might win. The next chapter might be about the another glimpse of the tower in heaven. I wonder if Ur used to be from a dark guild then decided to be good and quit and go solo trying to undo her mistakes. Maybe her husband may have something had to do with why Ultear is the way she is. Ur could have not be able to do anything for her daughter at that time. Just guessing. I all had thought that Gray might lose this fight where Hades may interfere like someone said before. Maybe its a draw. But after reading the chapter, I'm guessing that Gray might win. He's so awesome in this chapter. That blood thing rocks! So worth the wait. This chapter tells me Something happened that made Ultear the wonderful ideal twisted villain that she is today. Oh what fun~ Please tell me your thoughts on the next chapter.

I wonder when will Hades go down and fight. I wanna see the revelation about Natsu, Lucy and Zeref. Sinse Natsu's a strong fighter, he'll definitely be in the attacking force along with Lucy and Happy. and maybe Bixlow or Fried. Whoever's left will be in the defense team like Lisanna, Levy, Wendy, Charle and Lily.

kakashidad
June 25, 2011, 10:10 AM
I thought this was not a bad issue...but my expectation is not like some.I'm not looking for ''booker prize'' material.
The amount of times i've seen the same gripe about how the villan of the piece has been cheated by the author
because of this or that is amazing..not really.

Could it not be that peeps are been abit too guilible in believing there ''idol'' boast to begin with?Ultear was overconfident to begin with...there a certain fatal error in most manga/s.When you start shouting
the odds...no?

Bluenote was built up and then Master hades made note to say.That he congratulated Makarov for having someone like Gildartz within his guild...not just that.But the hint of his admiration came when he said he did not think he'd of lost half his gh warrior before Bluenote entered the fray.

Anyway i loved the interaction between gray and his lady juvia..that was priceless.Her scammering after meredy with big luv hearts in her eyes was hysterical.The blood ice move gray pulled off.Should be seen
as him thinking ahead and finding a WEAKNESS in Ultear magic...By him recalling his teacher teaching...whats so hard about that to understand?What we saw him do was make ultear revert to her mother TEACHING.That should be applauded imo not scoff at.

It is afterall just fantasy...i mean the blood in his body has been turned to ice?surely he'd be dead in reality lol.
Or is that me been thick...lmao.I hope it continue in the same vein tbh.The enemy vanguished so new ones
appear.It'd just be like a marvel or dc theme otherwise.Where you have the same bad guys popping in for a
showdown and that and been sent to whatever high sercurity facility and escaping..that shit's boring.

Magnus
June 25, 2011, 10:15 AM
While the blood thing is a bit weird and its logic can be questioned, at least we had a new trick and I doubt that Gray defeating Ultear with raw strength alone would please people. That's the problem an author must face when he gives a character tremendous abilities : how to overcome them.
Anyway this chapter was a fun read as usual and I'm eager to discover what happens after this fight.

Hamy
June 25, 2011, 10:26 AM
I thought this was not a bad issue...but my expectation is not like some.I'm not looking for ''booker prize'' material.

No one is asking for "booker prize" material here - and I doubt anyone would be looking at this place either. What some people are asking for is a level of either consistency or logic or at least a more plausible build up, since time again the build ups so far of this arc (actually I would say this style started more around the Oracion Seis arc) have always tended to end up flat (either Bluenote or Fairy glitter) to be replaced by a more sudden intrusion (sudden ultimate technique).

Ok seriously now people, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO REMEMBER SHE FOUGHT FREAKIN ZEREF?

Ultear is not in her prime condition, we have no idea how much magic she used up to defeat Zeref and she came out visibly tired of that battle.

Yeah case in point of some level of logic or consistency issues that really stick out with this arc, all hail Natsu who hasn't exactly managed to eat flames that rejuvenated him (don't think Zancrow's flames were particularly beneficial as much as harmful). Lets not forget Azuma who also still managed to put up quite a fight despite facing Mirajane. In case you haven't noticed fatigue doesn't exactly set in this manga until convenient to "build" up tension, e.g. Lucy facing the fat voodoo guy from the Kin, never really saw it YET as a reason for defeat though - Ultear could be the first for this~.

There is just frustration that it seems the author is really coming undone at the seams to arrive at some pretty quick fix solutions. Which is a shame as he did manage to avoid those earlier but with current arcs its really starting to become rather obvious.

No one is saying you can't enjoy this chapter just also realize that there would be some who are unhappy because some aren't exactly able to suspend disbelief as easily due to how things were handled - I'm pretty sure even those complaining are aware that this is a shounen manga and who are its target audiences so definitely anyone reading this has cut it slack but its just that it feels things of late are taking an easy way out.

Edit: Heck I'm even starting to see Ultear's battle with Zeref being another easy way exit since everybody is using that as a defense for Ultear to lose. Lets put it this way while we've seen a fragment of how dangerous his aura is we never actually saw the details of his battle with Ultear so as to gauge for ourselves the comparison of an unawakened Zeref vs a serious Fairy tale mage against Ultear. Can't you give Gray or any of the other FT mages the benefit of the doubt in being able to put up an even better fight than a rusty mage who doesn't want to use his powers? Sides it didn't seem like the area Zeref and Ultear fought at was that badly devastated to indicate that incredibly destructive techniques were employed in the fight, or the fact that nobody in particular sensed the magic to comment on how fierce it must've been.

RaveDragon
June 25, 2011, 10:31 AM
Please go easy on me. Everyone here seems so tense.

I don't care what people think. I say this chapter rocks. (Hi everyone! Newbie here!) Juvia was so hilarious in this chapter. With that heart in her eyes and all. Juvia is so adorable in this chapter. I love the look in Meredy's face as you see her trying to get away from a crawling Juvia chaser. That really did distract Gray. A lot. :D

Welcome and dont worry most of us bark but dont bite =] and i agree flawed maybe but still an exciting chapter ^^

guys i think with the blood thing was using the theory of a frozen body in suspended animation like all those stories of cavemen being frozen and remaining alive in ice surviving millions of years its pure fiction that defies logic and the blood cells in Grays ice happened to do the same thus still classifying them as living. Probably that was what Mashima was thinking anyway the editor took it in so a bad chapter is not only the authors fault but the one who accepts it too after all they do a draft before drawing it...but this wasnt a bad chap i liked it ^^

ultear defeated frickin Zeref...Gray is strong and i know he can win but for plot purposes i think he wont or the fight will be interrupted. but if he wins good cuz Gray needs some spotlight.

Next chappy i have no other predictions for it let me think
The power that becomes life; it all makes me think of Zeref power but his is death magic maybe he has a flashback of a person who had his opposite magic whom he used to be friends with or he actually so maybe Hades catches Meredy and we get some info on him while the attack team (natsu and lucy def in it) also finds them so we get the climax of the arc...

it could also defend my theory of Ul being a slave in the tower of heaven and we get her flashback on her childhood.

excitement i cant wait to see this as much as i want to see natsu lucy and zeref interact iv been waiting for Ul's story ><
PS Ul = ultear i call her mum Ur

BIG EDIT; nevermind Arc of time cannot manipulate anything human it can manipulate everything else objects and other living things such as trees ><

Arc Of Time is a Lost Magic used by the Grimoire Heart Guild member, Ultear. Ultear's branch of specialty is to manipulate the "time" of an object or a living thing but not a human. She can fast forward an object's "time" into the future, making it decay rapidly or rush to attack her opponent. She can even stop an object's "time" by freezing it in midair. She can also rewind a damaged object's "time" to restore it to its original state. She can produce 'bubbles' of time that show the various potential things that the item could do and then pick one of the timelines whenever she wants to. Ultear learnt this magic that was said to defeat molding magic mages to kill her mother, Ur.

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Arc_of_Time
this is from the wiki ^^

1337 haxor
June 25, 2011, 11:05 AM
No one is asking for "booker prize" material here - and I doubt anyone would be looking at this place either. What some people are asking for is a level of either consistency or logic or at least a more plausible build up, since time again the build ups so far of this arc (actually I would say this style started more around the Oracion Seis arc) have always tended to end up flat (either Bluenote or Fairy glitter) to be replaced by a more sudden intrusion (sudden ultimate technique).

Yeah case in point of some level of logic or consistency issues that really stick out with this arc, all hail Natsu who hasn't exactly managed to eat flames that rejuvenated him (don't think Zancrow's flames were particularly beneficial as much as harmful). Lets not forget Azuma who also still managed to put up quite a fight despite facing Mirajane. In case you haven't noticed fatigue doesn't exactly set in this manga until convenient to "build" up tension, e.g. Lucy facing the fat voodoo guy from the Kin, never really saw it YET as a reason for defeat though - Ultear could be the first for this~.

There is just frustration that it seems the author is really coming undone at the seams to arrive at some pretty quick fix solutions. Which is a shame as he did manage to avoid those earlier but with current arcs its really starting to become rather obvious.

No one is saying you can't enjoy this chapter just also realize that there would be some who are unhappy because some aren't exactly able to suspend disbelief as easily due to how things were handled - I'm pretty sure even those complaining are aware that this is a shounen manga and who are its target audiences so definitely anyone reading this has cut it slack but its just that it feels things of late are taking an easy way out.

Edit: Heck I'm even starting to see Ultear's battle with Zeref being another easy way exit since everybody is using that as a defense for Ultear to lose. Lets put it this way while we've seen a fragment of how dangerous his aura is we never actually saw the details of his battle with Ultear so as to gauge for ourselves the comparison of an unawakened Zeref vs a serious Fairy tale mage against Ultear. Can't you give Gray or any of the other FT mages the benefit of the doubt in being able to put up an even better fight than a rusty mage who doesn't want to use his powers? Sides it didn't seem like the area Zeref and Ultear fought at was that badly devastated to indicate that incredibly destructive techniques were employed in the fight, or the fact that nobody in particular sensed the magic to comment on how fierce it must've been.

I know and everybody knows that there are inconsistenses but they are not so big if we take a deep look at it.

First of all Asuma didn't have a full battle against Mirajane, she sacrificed herself to save her sister and she was also pretty wasted from the battle against her brother. The first battle also doesn't count because it was to much of a breeze for him.

Erza was rested, her fight with Juvia and Lisanna didn't tax her out much and she got a freakin huge friendshi power up.

Second of all, are you really bringing Natsu and Lucy to the fray?

They are the protagonists of the story not to mention they got Inoe Wendy besides them for most of the arc.

Third of all there were cases in which exhaution played a role in this arc, Mirajane as I mentioned before was the prime example but neither Elfman or Gajeel went on to fight after getting beaten up.

There is some sense on what happened around people getting back on their feet.

Besides that Juvia is the love freak of the show and the word Gray can bring her back to life countless times.

Keino
June 25, 2011, 12:02 PM
First off, I will say if you read Fairy Tail without any thought it is a very enjoyable manga. When you start thinking deeply about the characters, plot and common sense/plausibility your enjoyment will decrease drastically. So in essence If you that is what you are looking for don't read Fair Tail because you will be constantly trolled. When I began I took it far too seriously and got angry at every other chapter but now reading it with the right prospective I am enjoying it as much as when I started reading. Don't know if that will help any of you but relax and keep you expectations low because anger is not healthy right. :p

Anyway onto this chapter, when I saw this fight was about to begin I thought that Ultear would win cuz she has the upper hand over Grey in all aspects except nakama power of course lol. After this I still think she has the upper hand even if it is ice make v ice make. Not sure how long Grey can last with a damaged arm because if she manages to destroy that arm, he will have to inflict more damage on himself in order to continue fighting, i.e another arm/body part.

Maybe I'm just lazy but I have zero theories about Ultear's past. I think Ravedragon might be on the money but I'll just wait and see cuz Mashima might just cook up the totally unexpected.

btw not sure how Juvia is gonna stop Meldy but seeing as she is running on the power of love anything is possible. :hearts :lmao

matzik1212
June 25, 2011, 12:20 PM
LOL juvia was very funny this chapter , actually i'm starting to like her more and more ,she proved to be a true FT mage this arc :) ....gray's new attack was awesome but i liked ultear's attack much more ...what can i say she has the sense of art :D it's a pity though , that beautiful attack doesn't suit her evil self at all ^_^

Ninja_Pirate
June 25, 2011, 12:34 PM
I am pretty much getting the hang of how Mashima think things through :p......... just had thought for a crazy power up for grey.. he can freeze the blood flowing in his opponents body as well... sounds dark magic to me :) ,... will be considered among the strongest magics of the guild then .. cheers for grey and fingers crossed

Zeltrax
June 25, 2011, 12:56 PM
I like Gray and I like his fights even more.
Out of all the fights in the island so far I thought that gray's one was clever.
The red blood was smart thinking despite the logic contraction stated.
Compared that to erza and natsu fight(and the lucy's one..but I rather not go into that).
Gray's one is smarter and not just some wtfplotdevice.

White Silver King
June 25, 2011, 01:28 PM
While Ultear is one of my favorite characters and I would be loathe to see her lose, I actually would have liked the way she would have been defeated with Gray's Blood Ice Make (I have learned to accept the fact that in manga, blood is alive). It actually made sense and wasn't an asspull, it was just a well-thought out attack but not so innovative that it was out of character. I must say nicely done Mashima, nicely done. But now that Ultear is pulling out the hardcore magics (GO ULTEAR GO!), and we know Gray won't lose to her, I fear Mashima is gonna pull some kind of bullshit move that lets Gray win.

Edit: An absolutely horrific thought just crossed my mind. Ultear is using Ice now and now Gray has no real way of attacking her. What is Natsu steps in to fight Ultear? :bored That would be AWFUL (unless she defeated him, which would be the highlight of the manga, but we all know there isn't the smallest, dust sized mote of a snowball's chance in hell of that happening) !

shuha27
June 25, 2011, 01:55 PM
LOL I really enjoyed reading the discussion for this chapter. It was pretty interesting.

I have to say FT is a really good manga, IMO. It might have a lot of plot holes and other things but as others said if you don't put any thought to it, it can be really enjoyable. It's a really fun manga to read and I would choose it over many other mangas.

This chapter was pretty interesting. I really hope Ultear does lose. I rather have Hades as the recurring villain rather than Ultear. Hopefully Hades just doesn't get beaten. Next chapter I guess might be a flashback of Ultear. I really wonder why she hates her mom so much o.O

Uriel
June 25, 2011, 02:17 PM
I thought Urtear would be the hidden boss, I don't enjoy her being beaten now or the enxt chapter. Oh well, let' see how this goes.

Cool chapter, although I watching only Urtear versus Gray made me realize I like more Urtear than Gray xD

Kuzumikun
June 25, 2011, 02:17 PM
When i saw grey come up with that blood dagger ice thingy i though HE's ganna win until she pulled an ice maker flower thingy >.< i have no clue who is going to win now -sigh- anyways i love Juvia shes hilarious XD acting like the exorcist haha
can't wait to see Natsu and co. and how things work out for them

matzik1212
June 25, 2011, 02:19 PM
yeah in the end she will realize all her doings were wrong and everything will end well..... * sigh..* well i hope this doesn't come true , i mean i'm so sick to see things like this :darn she is evil then she should just stay that way and die that way 'cause she's a biatch and plus she's really messed up in her head ....yeah i'm saying this 'cause i don't like her :p

eefrit
June 25, 2011, 03:53 PM
This chapter has made me realize something. I really enjoy the fights of this arc. However, the conclusion of those fights make me hate the whole fight that was shown. Fairy Tail is a cool manga and I do like it, but as some people said it has repeated themes and contradictions. Some of you say that if you ignore those flaws, it is enjoyable. While I do agree, it is getting exceedingly harder for me to ignore and it often frustrates me. This arc is honestly my least favorite and most frustrating in Fairy Tail.

That being said, I enjoyed this chapter, however I fear that the conclusion of this fight will disappoint as the others have. I can accept Gray finding and exploiting a fairly obvious weakness in Urtear's power, despite the broken logic. Meredy being chased by a crawling Juvia was pretty funny. Urtear resorting to her mother's technique however was the highlight for me. Notice how detailed the Ice Make was compared to both Leon's and Gray's? She obviously is the true successor to her mother's technique. Also I'm surprised no one has mentioned the flashback. What in the world did tiny Urtear see that made her turn into a dark mage?

sarutobi_sensei
June 25, 2011, 05:02 PM
I LOVED Juvia's reaction to Gray, and also Meldy's reaction to Juvia's reaction. So awesome!

Gray's battle with Urtear is being good so far. They're going to fight it all.

I wonder why does Urtear hate her mother so much. And where did she learn to do Ice Make. Is that a form of living ice make, like Lyon's?

And the fact that the stance looks like Urtear is also a pointer.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

liductan
June 25, 2011, 06:00 PM
I have to say that this arc had the most potential with the plot, setting, and everything else. At the begining like most people i was excited until the conclusions of most ruin the story for me. I wanted to see how fairy tail would pull themselves out of the mess they were in but apparently the same old thing happen again. Then again i should have expected this from most story nowadays.Even with some stupid fights I still like this arc better than the one before. The last felt like I was reading a filler than the actual story. Oh well, I guess what most people wanted was a darker theme or in my case a tragic event. Overall, I still love this arc.

Anyway this chapter was interesting and different to me. It was fun reading this chapter, that's one reason why I love reading this manga rather than fighting and gore all the time.

Hamy
June 25, 2011, 08:05 PM
I know and everybody knows that there are inconsistenses but they are not so big if we take a deep look at it.

First of all Asuma didn't have a full battle against Mirajane, she sacrificed herself to save her sister and she was also pretty wasted from the battle against her brother. The first battle also doesn't count because it was to much of a breeze for him.

Erza was rested, her fight with Juvia and Lisanna didn't tax her out much and she got a freakin huge friendshi power up.

Second of all, are you really bringing Natsu and Lucy to the fray?

They are the protagonists of the story not to mention they got Inoe Wendy besides them for most of the arc.

Third of all there were cases in which exhaution played a role in this arc, Mirajane as I mentioned before was the prime example but neither Elfman or Gajeel went on to fight after getting beaten up.

There is some sense on what happened around people getting back on their feet.

Besides that Juvia is the love freak of the show and the word Gray can bring her back to life countless times.

1) I agree she isn't at her prime but not so much because of her battle with Elfman but more of the fact that she isn't at her prime since she's only recently returned as a mage (yay for one consistency) and she even states so herself.

2) Erza doesn't count we all know that - hence I never bothered mentioning her. She won by an easy way out which is what I am afraid of with the Ultear fight now too - as we've had with the Capricorn, and voodoo guy battle (but hey that battle was a joke anyways so I could live with it).

3) Natsu and Lucy on the other hand are the protagonists but hey it IS lazy to simply pin down their lack of exhaustion and seeming infinite amount of magic energy to being protagonists. Especially when they end up having to engage in more fights than the rest. Also my point here relates to the next one you brought up with Elfman and Gajeel. Which is that I am not talking about their physical condition (lets call that HP) but am referring to their magical energy (MP) which while interconnected certainly can be separated, as we saw in the previous arcs. My complaint is the seeming infinite amount of MP they have - Elfman and Gajeel obviously can't fight not because they ran out of MP but their HP is pretty low already from the injuries they've received. What I'm saying with Ultear earlier is it'd be a shame if she were the first to lose due to running out of MP midfight - she certainly has had a rest IMO with her HP given that Natsu wasn't able to hurt her and she had a nice long talk with Gray prior to her fight. Though she has been taking some big hits mainly due to really dumb moves on her part - e.g. her wasting time trash talking only to get punched.

Juvia wasn't mentioned either again for obvious reasons - heck if she had more brains she could just turn to a water form entirely to chase Meredy rather than crawling but that wouldn't be as funny. Prudence in choosing examples are pretty important just because you can use something as an example doesn't make it a very good one - i.e. Erza and Juvia - even more so when you consider their presentation to the context at the moment - e.g. Elfman & Gajeel, Erza & Juvia in comparison to Ultear.

Anycase this ends my rant with this chapter its not that I didn't enjoy it but it also certainly peaked my annoyance already with regard to the quick fix solutions that Mashima kept coming up with to end the fights killing the build up with such sudden intrusions - and of course realization that his logic is pretty screwed up (I mean PLANTS don't count as living things LOL).

Also just to discuss the chapter other than my annoyance surprised nobody ever noticed the significance of the words "Let me seal your darkness". Given what we found out with Meredy's own flashback with the kin:
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/230/10
Looks like the Kin may have some relation to Zeref's key - which has brought them misfortune - or heck they could be the key (Ultear seems pretty confident in unsealing Zeref) or who knows but eitherway it seems to be a trauma that Ultear shares with Meredy that affected her. I could see her hating her mother for using those same words without any visible results.

ShoobyDooBop
June 25, 2011, 11:20 PM
Awesome chapter. Juvia was hilarious, Gray was awesome, and Ultear was creepy as usual. Finally we get to see someone who specializes in multiple magics. I can't remember if we've seen someone else who could before, but I never understood what prevented people from doing it before. Sure it would be really difficult, but if it were me, I'd learn a ton of different basic magics.

Nonlife
June 25, 2011, 11:53 PM
Geez, talk about issues! (Reminds me of a certain female antagonist from an "animated Nickelodeon Emmy-award winning series that spawned a horrible live-action adaption movie & an upcoming sequel.) Now I may not remember it clearly; but I thought Lyon mentioned the reason Ur took in apprentices was to fill in the grief she felt over the loss of her daughter....or didn't Ur mention her child died right before she sealed in Deliora? All I know is Ultear did end up on the island where the slaves built the Tower of Heaven (Hehehe...foggy memory.) & where she manipulated Gerard as a part of Hades' plan.

exacta
June 26, 2011, 01:14 AM
Chapter was decent enough, not sure how I feel about Urtear using Icemake, even though it makes sense she would know it, I would rather she just use Arc of Time. At least we'll get to see Ur's techniques. But the attack Urtear used, it looks cool, but I don't understand how it actually harms Gray. I've noticed this in the anime, they'll have attacks where they just flash forward to a panel showing the character getting hurt, without showing the whole attack.

Fight was cool, but it seems like Urtear loses her composure very easily(all of the sudden getting owned by Gray when she made him look like a child a few moments before simply because she was surprised that she couldn't evaporate the ice), though she does seem to have a few screws loose so I guess thats just to be expected.

I know Urtear fought Zeref before, but I really don't want another protagonist victory at this point, especially if it means the end of Urtear when she has so much potential as a major antagonist.

And for the record, I don't really care much for how well a manga does in Japan aside from the fact that if I like its popular enough so it isn't discontinued(like Psyren),and also if I'm looking for a new manga to read. Its a different country from mine so the tastes aren't exactly the same. The movie Dragon Wars is a great example(NEVER WATCH IT EVER). Theres a decent amount of manga I'd take over One Piece any day, not saying its a bad manga or anything.

Shiro Tsuki
June 26, 2011, 01:35 AM
Most of us are just trying to live with the inconsistencies and power-ups!
But hell i'd be seriously disappointed with FT if Ultear loses the fight!
Don't come up with some stupid reasons why she is tired - so she should lose - It makes no sense at all!
Natsu almost dies in every fight - and few minutes later - he is fighting some other strong badass! -_-
She is DEFINITIVELY more powerful than Gray - Having in your arsenal such a lost magic along with the ability to use ice magic...
But I am guessing - With the "I will seal your darkness" thingy - It means the mangaka will just wrap up the fight!
I know FT would have won this - But Ultear being defeated by Gray is a lil bit stupid!
Obviously they should have clashed (with the past they had n stuff...) -
But (with all due respect to the fanboys) Gray is not the kind of opponent for the 'strongest of the 7 kin'!

Ifrit
June 26, 2011, 02:18 AM
Most of us are just trying to live with the inconsistencies and power-ups!
But hell i'd be seriously disappointed with FT if Ultear loses the fight!
Don't come up with some stupid reasons why she is tired - so she should lose - It makes no sense at all!
Natsu almost dies in every fight - and few minutes later - he is fighting some other strong badass! -_-
She is DEFINITIVELY more powerful than Gray - Having in your arsenal such a lost magic along with the ability to use ice magic...
But I am guessing - With the "I will seal your darkness" thingy - It means the mangaka will just wrap up the fight!
I know FT would have won this - But Ultear being defeated by Gray is a lil bit stupid!
Obviously they should have clashed (with the past they had n stuff...) -
But (with all due respect to the fanboys) Gray is not the kind of opponent for the 'strongest of the 7 kin'!

Why Would you assume that Ultear is stronger than Gray ?

just bec she said she's the Eldest of pla pla pla ?

this is the first time we See Ultear fight right ? ( ignore one Vs Natsu since she said she didn't even go 50% out )

ok if she is really strong then she will win her first battle in manga

She already gave up on her lost magic to use ICE just like Gray ( What a confidence she had in her skills ) Gray on the other hand

Gray : I'll strike you with UR magic n he did . Gray : I believe in UR molding magic.

knowing Ultear weakness & Believing in his strength sounds to me like an S-Class mage !!! don't think too little of Gray please.

MechR
June 26, 2011, 02:32 AM
1) There was nothing wrong with Urtear getting hit by Gray's last attacks. The surprise threw her off, and then Gray was in her face. Remember, he was fast enough to punch her once already at the start of the fight.

2) There was nothing wrong with the Arc of Time failing against frozen blood. It fails against Iced Shell for similar reasons.

ghostexiled
June 26, 2011, 03:35 AM
My thoughts are...

Even if Ultear does somehow get beaten by Gray. We can't assume to know what Ultear's power level is just from some talk and beating up "nice guy" Zeref... a fight we did not even see.

For all we know Zeref could have 2 different personality's... the one we have seen that is timid/sad and the other that is the lord of all things evil in the mage world!

This personality difference could also play in how much and how well each personality knows magic. For those not following, I am stating that the version of Zeref that we have seen, may not know how to fight with his true almighty Zeref magic... where the evil version does.

So going back to if Gray wins... it is plausible. Since we would have to know, "FOR A FACT" that the version of Zeref we saw was a better mage than Gray is.

Now, don't go getting what I am saying wrong and thinking I am saying Gray should win. I am merely stating the groundwork behind this fight and the plausible chance of Ultear losing this fight.

I think Gray should lose as well... but if not, it wouldn't be shocking. :)

Off Topic: Thanks to the members that remember the rules by not talking about other series in this thread.

wooticus
June 26, 2011, 04:12 AM
i totally agree with ghost. if you talk about how powerful a mage is there are a lot of things you have to think about, like how much stamina he has (how long can he cast spells?), how good is he/she as a tactician, how much destruction power she/he has and of course the nature of his/her magic with all it's advantages / disadvantages.

so let's talk about grey. i see him as a quite good mage, but he lacks destruction power and stamina in comparison and his magic really is suited for some situations, but falls back against some other kind of magic. but he is some great tactician and has shown this all over the manga.

now let's talk about ultear. her lost magic certainly is one of the forms of magic with the greatest power because she basically can negate all kind of magic that is not living. that's the reason she defeated zeref i guess. but she doesn't look like she could do a lot of damage with her magic, in comparison to azuma, bluenote or rustyrose. so her strength totally comes out of the nature of her magic - but also having ur's ice magic makes her stronger than zeref.

but what's up with ultear? she wanted to kill her mother because she also loved gray als her pupil? what the hell is wrong with her.. that kind of personality.. i begin to have the feeling that ultears father... is actually zeref...

Ifrit
June 26, 2011, 05:06 AM
Exactly we can't say Zeref is beaten since we all know. that he probably didn't even fight back or it could be a cheap shot from Ultear on weak Zeref ( since we didn't really see the fight ) I also agree with wooticus Azuma n Rustyrose magic is greater for damage if what Ultear showed from her Arc of time against Gray is the best she have. Then there is nothing special about her magic really on type of mages I'll put her under the support magic list just like Wendy ROFL xD

Don't u think it's kinda weird that Ultear greatest hit on Gray was done by ICE ?..does that mean she is weak ( NO ) she could be more dangerous using ICE than ARc of time. UR strength is sure found in Ultear.

Gray Advantage on Ultear :

She is using same ICE her mother used same skills same shape. ( Everything Gray already seen )

UR told Gray he should find his own shape of magic that make Ultear nothing more than copying her mother.

Shiro Tsuki
June 26, 2011, 06:25 AM
Why Would you assume that Ultear is stronger than Gray ?

just bec she said she's the Eldest of pla pla pla ?

this is the first time we See Ultear fight right ? ( ignore one Vs Natsu since she said she didn't even go 50% out )

ok if she is really strong then she will win her first battle in manga

She already gave up on her lost magic to use ICE just like Gray ( What a confidence she had in her skills ) Gray on the other hand

Gray : I'll strike you with UR magic n he did . Gray : I believe in UR molding magic.

knowing Ultear weakness & Believing in his strength sounds to me like an S-Class mage !!! don't think too little of Gray please.

She did win the fight against Zeref!
Its not because the fight was not shown that the credibility of her win should be questioned!...
Maybe Zeref did put on a fight - Maybe Ultear did shown her prowess...(after all she did claimed that she is the eldest after the fight - normally it'd be some kind of claim you'd do if your opponent had initially thought less of you) -
Don't go assuming things please!
And finally her ability to win another fight really does not depend on her powers! Frankly it depends more on the plot!...
It could be Gray wins the fight and Hades finally comes along - Or Hades interrupts the fight to slash Ultear - Or Ultear wins for some other plot based reason...(maybe she has some kind of role to play later on) -

Not making enough substantial damage does not prove one's powers - I mean Erza - with a sword slashed a man who almost destroyed the island - Lucy is none to destroy anything - She is still the main character who ends up winning fights - Gray's powers do not create as much damage as Azuma/Rustyrose - Does that mean Gray is also in 'support magic'? -_-

The thing which I was trying to point out was the level of power/magical abilities both possess -
And it's true that Ultear does have more magical abilities than Gray -
She gave up her lost magic to use ice because she knows that relying on her lost magic would be useless here!
She can't repel the ice - So she uses something else which would prove more efficient -
Usually you'd see characters who rely too much on a single magic go arrogant - rely too much on it - then suddenly when the magic is inefficent - They can't do shit! They just stand there to get busted...

"knowing Ultear weakness & Believing in his strength sounds to me like an S-Class mage !!"
You sound just like Mashima! :D Oh well - Difference of opinion I guess - Gray might be strong - But not enough to be an S-Class!

ca12nag3
June 26, 2011, 07:43 AM
Ultear is like a umbrella over different plotlines.

-Gray/Ul Islandarc
-Hades/Zeref Sclassarc
-Gerard/Sieg Towerarc

There is no way she is done yet. And shouldnt kick the bucket any time soon. After all there is no final confrontation yet between her and Gerard either. This is almost mandatory in the FT world. (See Gajeel vs Jet/Droy/Levy) Even if its minor there was closure.

Also there is a reason why Ultear hates her mother so and we still dont know why. This is a good opertunity to get to that reality. Another thing is once she realizes the real truth (cause i cant sync a evil/bad Ul with a crying over childdress Ul) Ultear should break and not be after her evil plan anymore. If its evil at all.

What i mean is Ultear might be obsessed with something so much that the goal itself isnt evil but her warped ways are the evil. So Gray has to knock some sense in her.

*Btw for those who get this hint*

I hope we dont get a. I wish we met eachother sooner moment.

But even this is a option.

LnDRash
June 26, 2011, 09:46 AM
I'am curious about how they will adapt this chapter into the anime with their no-blood policy xD

luffyg2
June 26, 2011, 10:21 AM
I hope Ultear does not die yet.. I liked her and she was one of the only ongoing villain ... if she loose it would have to be after Zeref is awaken again at least..anyway Grey freezing his own blood was kind of cool

Thorvardur
June 26, 2011, 10:45 AM
I'l predict that next chapter we'll get to know little bit about Ultears past and all tah drama behind it. Gray and Ultear will keep on fightning until gray will get smashed a bit and then he gets up and beats the shit out of her and then she runs away like a chicken the end.

Ninja_Pirate
June 26, 2011, 12:16 PM
I hope Ultear does not die yet.. I liked her and she was one of the only ongoing villain ... if she loose it would have to be after Zeref is awaken again at least..anyway Grey freezing his own blood was kind of cool

I think it was just the overall development for this arc.. or may be she will just escape somehow but will be dead in eyes of everyone.. and for villains.. there are other dark guils's left which we don't know how strong are.. then there is this black dragon.. and i am expecting a dragon slayer to appear with that black fire or something.. and zeref invincible.. then there is one source of magic and all .. I wonder if there is one source of magic then what about dragon slayer magic.. there source is dragons..

About the defeat as i previously mentioned i am expecting gray to be able to make ice of opponent's blood as well .. inside there body.. epic power up.. :)

Ultear adapts to situation pretty well.. first surprise punch later when grey was trying to punch her she avoided so easily and counter attacked at same time.. how much ever grey try .. if ultear manages to fight with using both magics simultaneously.. she will have lot of ice to attack him and grey will be left with a bloody sword.. which can't be replaced time and time again as well since he had limited blood...

Or all FT mages will come and give there blood .. FT spirit :p

Kazu-Sama
June 26, 2011, 08:11 PM
I fail to see why everybody is slating Gray so much. Yeah, Ultear's meant to be really strong. But look at who Gray has fought:
Rayule - won with ease
Leon pt. 1 - Passed out due to emotional trauma
Leon pt. 2 - Won
Juvia - Won, despite being injured
Fukuro - Won, despite Fukuro having a weaker version of Natsu's power
Bixlow - Overpowered Bixlow at first, then lost his entire magic power due to Fried, still suprised Bixlow with his strength
Hall of Thunder - Was the only person, other than Erza, to take out more than one. He took out 4.
Racer - Won
Sugarboy - Won

Fukuro beat Natsu. Gray beat Fukuro. Gray is one of the mages who's up for being 'S'-class. He's beat another one of the mages that could be 'S'-class. I fail to see why everybody is saying Gray'll get stomped. The guy's stronger than he gets credit for. I can see him beating Urtear, but not killing her. She escapes, comes back as a stronger villain later on.

-Ken-
June 26, 2011, 09:05 PM
The blood thing was quite smart. I'll prefer that the fight end here rather than carry on so that Gray'll probaly end it in a not-as-cool way, though.

And if Urtear lose here, I'm not really a fan of her coming back later on. I'll prefer it if she lose here and stay out, or she beat Gray and Gray'll a rematch with her later on.

Leonsagara
June 26, 2011, 11:38 PM
There is no way Gray is going to lose here. Ultear definitely wants him dead, so if he loses here, she's probably going to kill him. I don't know about the rest of you, but I like Gray. I don't want him to die here. And it's reasonable for him to be able to win. Ultear might be strong, but she's already had several tough battles, against Zeref and Natsu. Gray hasn't fought anyone seriously, except for a short team match against Zoldeo/Capricorn.

Ifrit
June 27, 2011, 12:36 AM
There is no way Gray is going to lose here. Ultear definitely wants him dead, so if he loses here, she's probably going to kill him. I don't know about the rest of you, but I like Gray. I don't want him to die here. And it's reasonable for him to be able to win. Ultear might be strong, but she's already had several tough battles, against Zeref and Natsu. Gray hasn't fought anyone seriously, except for a short team match against Zoldeo/Capricorn.

Agree Like I said before there is nothing Ultear gonna do with her ICE magic that Gray didn't see be4. At first he was just shocked that she is using the same magic as her mother but she is nothing more than a copy. Gray came up with his own shape n form of ICE just like Lyon.

I think most of us gonna feel sorry for Ultear next chapter probably take her side. Once we read her story and how she turned to be like that. specially when we find out that all her hate toward her mother is nothing but misunderstanding.

kkck
June 27, 2011, 01:05 PM
I find it interesting that urtear would know ice make at all. I did like finding out that ur's shape for her ice make is plants though (although perhaps plants it too wide, it could also be flowers).

I wonder why Urtear hates Ur though. Perhaps she feels abandoned by her? Or perhaps she thinks ur killed her dad? urtear was likely taken by hades at some point so perhaps hades tricked her into hating her mom.

RaveDragon
June 28, 2011, 04:13 AM
I fail to see why everybody is slating Gray so much. Yeah, Ultear's meant to be really strong. But look at who Gray has fought:
Rayule - won with ease
Leon pt. 2 - Won
Bixlow - Overpowered Bixlow at first, then lost his entire magic power due to Fried, still suprised Bixlow with his strength
Hall of Thunder - Was the only person, other than Erza, to take out more than one. He took out 4.
Racer - Won
Sugarboy - Won

Fukuro beat Natsu. Gray beat Fukuro. Gray is one of the mages who's up for being 'S'-class. He's beat another one of the mages that could be 'S'-class. I fail to see why everybody is saying Gray'll get stomped. The guy's stronger than he gets credit for. I can see him beating Urtear, but not killing her. She escapes, comes back as a stronger villain later on.

It's not that i want Gray to get stomped or believe he has no chances, he's strong and could win but i think Ultear is an important character who might be one of the last remaining antagonist (giving Gray something to build up his strength for the last match in the manga, some emotional stuff etc you know) so he'd lose her but be determined to help Ultear or beat her the next time.
I mean Ultear was probably in the tower of heaven as a slave; http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/240/17

Over there it looked like she was wearing the litle piece of cloth similar to Erza's and she probably escaped and saw her mum with her two disciples feeling that she had been replaced (or maybe Ur was talking to someone and she said some things with Ultear arriving at the wrong moment)

Ultear has been causing trouble since the beginning so she seems fit for this role ^^ as Grays ultimate enemy =] and even if Natsu comes Gray would punch him if he tried to help im pretty sure, this is something only Gray can do

so for plot reasons i think this will be a draw rather than a loss for Gray cuz then Ultear might kill him

White Silver King
June 28, 2011, 11:46 PM
Rayule - won with ease
Leon pt. 2 - Won
Racer - Won
Sugarboy - Won

She's the leader of the strongest team of one of the two strongest dark guilds in the country (depending on who you ask - IMO Levy was talking to the bird guy), she has beaten a sealed Zeref, beaten the crap out of Natsu twice, and tricked one of the 10 Wizard Saints with powerful mental magic - she should be stronger than a potential S-Class mage. But then again the 7 Kin should have beaten FT and we all know how that went. This fight can only go one of two ways: Gray wins (extremely likely despite what should be obvious differences in strength) or Ultear is forced to retreat. SHe won't beat Gray because she is going for the kill and Mashima would NEVER allow that.

And that win record has more to do with Mashima's nakama bull than his skill.

Rawrzor
June 29, 2011, 09:10 AM
To be honest, I think that it would end in Ultear's win by something like, Gray grabbing an advantage, going for the kill, then remembering memories or something about Ultear's mother and stops dead in his tracks, unable to make the final blow and Ultear takes advantage of it. ((Something like that))

And don't forget about Raven Tail! I mean, Ultear has been disloyal since the beginning, ((And its vividly apparent that she doesn't like Hades)) so whose to say that she isn't working for Raven Tail and just using Grimoire Heart as a ruse like she did with the council? I think it'd be cool if in the flash back it takes a twist and all of a sudden, you find out her father is like.... Makarov's son, who is Raven Tail's master. ((Just a thought.))

I agree with whoever said that Gray was strong enough to take Ultear, I believe it could go either way.

Just a little side comment for those who are finding it boring and annoying because of, "Illogical sequences and inconsistancies" I think that you guys just need to remember that this is a fantasy world. Things are different, and the point of him making his own world is for him to make the rules. So hey, some things may seem illogical, big whoop. In his world it isn't. As for inconsistancies, well, they aren't that huge so not really a big deal. Keep an open mind. :)

White Silver King
June 29, 2011, 02:37 PM
Makarov's son, who is Raven Tail's master. ((Just a thought.))
I don't know about that, that's already been done with Luxus.

As for inconsistancies, well, they aren't that huge so not really a big deal.
Except they are...