PDA

View Full Version : Review The Underscore's Bleach review, 452: erosion/implosion

The Underscore
June 19, 2011, 03:38 AM
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa385/The_Underscore_777/TheUnderscoresBleachReview.png
452 erosion/implosion

There's some good news and some bad news. The good news is that there's plenty of pictures in this week's review!... the bad news is that there won't be a review next week. I'll be on holiday next week with some friends, so I won't have the time to write up a review in the weekend. Guess better news than plenty of pictures in the review would have to be that there's going to be a two chapter review next time! :D
Anyways, let's get to this week's review shall we? First off, thanks go out to Mangastream and Binktopia for their scanlation. Before getting to the chapter, there's the matter of last week's polls.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa385/The_Underscore_777/chapterrating1.png

Bleach chapter 451, Welcome to our Execution 4, rated by 22 voters, gets an average score of:

Great

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa385/The_Underscore_777/ReviewPollResultsIII.png

As per request, I put up a poll asking who you guys thought RUKIA (the mystery Shinigami) could be. Here's the results:

It's not one of the Visored, it's not one of the Vice-captains, it isn't Renji, and no one has another option (according to the poll).

One voter believes it could be one of the Soul Society captains, though I'd have to disagree considering the lack of a white robe and all. But who knows, there's always a chance it has been taken off for the Urahara experiment.

Two voters, however, know for sure it's none other than Zannosuke Kurumadani, aka Af-san! If there's any way to restore Ichigo's Shinigami powers, it has to be through the power of the 'fro!

Tied with three votes each, there's people saying they don't know and people saying they don't care. Not knowing is one thing, but not caring? Though, I guess there's plenty of other things to look out for in Bleach now :amuse.

Five voters are expecting to see a new character to be the Shinigami. Is it possible that Soul Society sent out someone new to work something out with Urahara and Isshin? If so, who could it be?

Here's where things get tricky. Karin being the mystery Shinigami got 8 votes. People being absolutely convinced that Rukia is the RUKIA only count 6. But there are also 6 voters who feel it's a long shot, but would say that RUKIA is Rukia...

It's a long shot, but I'd say Rukia? 6 votes
Rukia, definitely Rukia 6 votes
Karin 8 votes

I won't be the one to settle this matter... I'm leaving this in Kubo's hands :amuse.

Waking up in the Mushroom Kingdom
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab137/Underscore_007007007/452-001.png
Orihime's almost too similar to princess Peach isn't she? Needing to be saved all the time...

The chapter starts off with Orihime waking up in mushroom covered pajamas. Lifting her head from her pixilated pillow, it becomes obvious that she isn't in Kansasrakura town anymore. Nonetheless, Orihime isn't all too concerned about her surroundings, getting up and going to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

Even though Ichigo's Fullbring has already been completed, Orihime still finds herself in 'Invaders must Die', meaning that there's still a reason for her to be there. Either that, or it had gotten so late that she decided to get to sleep. Something tells me that Yukio pulled out all the stops for Orihime, giving her a small house with a bed, bathroom, pajamas -love the Mario reference given here by Kubo-, and a toothbrush and toothpaste even.

As Orihime's brushing her teeth, she hears sounds coming from outside. With a moan and a groan, Ichigo reaches 100!... What?

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab137/Underscore_007007007/452-002.png
Ichigo's got it tough with his name... poor strawberry...

After 100 pushups, Ichigo decides to call it quits. I'd call it quits after 100 pushups as well, but Kuugo can't believe Ichigo would stop already. Ichigo then tells Kuugo he's tired for a reason, as this has been the umpteenth set of 100 pushups he's done. Kuugo's still not impressed as Ichigo's only done 14 sets of 100. Ichigo rightfully asks if Kuugo wants him to become a wrestler or something. But with only fourteen sets done, it's obvious that Ichigo (15) should do one more set. Ichigo then gets crossed about the fact that Kuugo's pulling some name crap. But Kuugo already points out that Ichigo has plenty of clothes and possessions with a 15 pattern on it. Caught red-handed, Ichigo can't help but wonder how Kuugo's stalker network knew that about Ichigo.

This part of the chapter clearly shows that Ichigo and Kuugo have gotten to better terms with each other. The fact that Ichigo actually agreed to doing 1400 pushups for Kuugo should already be enough, but the way Ichigo and Kuugo react to each other's remarks is also a pretty clear sign of this. The reason for Ichigo doing the pushups isn't exactly hard to figure out, but with it covered in a later part of this chapter I might as well skip it for now.

More important than the power training has to be Kuugo's 'information network'. The fact that Ichigo calls it an 'information network' suggests that Kuugo elaborated on it at one point or another between this and the previous chapter. You can say what you want, but Kuugo still knows too much about both Ichigo and his family. I don't know how Kuugo managed to get the picture of Isshin he showed Ichigo, or even why he would know so much about the Kurosaki household. Whatever the case, this is a matter that needs answering.

Glutton
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab137/Underscore_007007007/452-003.png
That's just gross Orihime... eating breakfast right after brushing your teeth...

As Ichigo's outside bickering with Kuugo, Orihime can't help but be impressed with Ichigo's workout. With a knock on the door, Riruka suddenly barges into Orihime's room with some breakfast. Orihime then childishly points out how rude it is of Riruka to just barge into someone's room like that, but Riruka rejects this objection. Orihime just drops the matter and asks Riruka to sit down and eat with her for once.

The way these two are interacting and the conversation's content suggests that this isn't the first night that Orihime's spent inside 'Invaders must die'. Nonetheless, Riruka still can't sit down and eat with Orihime. As an excuse, Riruka tells Orihime that she's already eaten some donuts.

Even though it's somewhat obvious that Riruka's trying to stay away from Orihime before she gets caught up in her rhythm, Orihime's only surprised at the amount of donuts Riruka eats... before eating a hotdog for breakfast...

Death of a strawberry
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab137/Underscore_007007007/452-004.png
So that's how you regain Shinigami powers. Killing Ichigo with pushups!

Kuugo tells Ichigo that he's done now, releasing Ichigo from his anguish. With Ichigo dying from the latest set of pushups he's done, Kuugo is somewhat disappointed by the fact that Ichigo isn't complaining. He tries to jumpstart Ichigo by threatening with another set of pushups, but Ichigo just doesn't have the energy to argue. Kuugo then tells Ichigo that he's just joking because he knows full well that Ichigo's stamina has hit rock bottom. With Ichigo only capable of repeating the word stamina, Kuugo once more explains that it is a requirement for the proper use of Fullbring. With the Fullbring used by using a physical body, it requires physical strength to wield it.

As Ichigo listens to this explanation, he can finally sit up straight and conclude that the ridiculous training he's doing right now -how can he call this ridiculous after the Hiyori walker incident? :amuse- is for the purpose of getting more stamina. Kuugo is somewhat impressed by Ichigo recovering so quickly, but is glad to see that it is working so well.

Kuugo then moves on to what happened to Ichigo in the previous chapter, the seeing of Reiatsu. Kuugo explains that it wasn't so much the seeing of the Reiatsu that triggered the completion of the Fullbring, as it was the other way around. The fact that Ichigo saw Kuugo covered in Reiatsu with his mangled eyes -as Kuugo puts it- was a sign of Ichigo's Shinigami powers returning! Which was incidentally the reason for Kuugo to cut Ichigo's eyes in the first place. Even though he said it was to draw out Ichigo's sense for battle only two chapters ago...

Transcending Shinigami (again)
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab137/Underscore_007007007/452-005.png
The Karakura Riser returns!

Kuugo tells Ichigo that when he lost his reiatsu, he didn't lose everything -as that would mean that he'd die. The miniscule parts of Reiatsu left behind by the Mugetsu started to gather inside Ichigo's body over the 17 months after the battle with Aizen. By using a Fullbring channeled through the Shinigami representative badge, that little bit of Reiatsu would be triggered into growing back to its previous form. Kuugo then explains that by having Ichigo's body gain strength and in turn powering up his Fullbring, it would result in Ichigo's Fullbring supplementing the lost power from the Mugetsu and fusing with the previous Shinigami powers. Once Ichigo's Fullbring fuses with his Shinigami powers, Ichigo will gain powers transcending Shinigami!!!11!1!... Where'd we hear that again? More on this in this week's headspinner, but for now let's move on with this week's chapter.

Kuugo throws Ichigo his representative badge (Ichigo's, not Kuugo's) and tells him to activate his Fullbring as it should now truly have been completed. Ichigo then holds the badge and then his right arm, reminiscent of how he activated his Bankai in the past. The badge then reacts by covering Ichigo in a full body armor, which reminds me exactly why I have always had my qualms about Chad getting a full body armor. Can you imagine Chad running around in an armor like this?

Anyways, Ichigo's Fullbring has covered his entire body and shows practically no sign of Shinigami traits. As Ichigo looks at his new body suit, he then focuses on the badge that's still in his hand. The badge then turns into something of a wakizashi, which is neatly placed in a sheath on Ichigo's back -oh the good old days before Ichigo learned Zangetsu's name. With Karakura riser's transformation complete, Kuugo can hardly believe he's looking at Ichigo right now. He then tells Ichigo that his Fullbring needs a name.

It's actually quite funny how Kubo is putting Ichigo through a transformation that is reminiscent to the stages he's gone through as a Shinigami, just in an opposite way -these powers being Hollow based and all. I'm not really used to seeing Ichigo in this form yet, however, and I'm not sure I want to get used to it. Personally, I think Ichigo looks better in black than he does in white. That probably has something to do with the fact that Kubo designed Ichigo to look good in Shinigami robes...

Time flies when you're having fun
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab137/Underscore_007007007/452-006.png
Did Chad just realize that he hasn't called the school for over a week already?

Without revealing the Fullbring's name, the scene changes to Chad, Ichigo, and Orihime getting out of 'Invaders must die'. I wonder if Ichigo and Orihime have been waiting for Chad to finish his training, or whether Chad had to stop after Ichigo finished. Whatever the case, everyone is out of Yukio's Fullbring now. Ichigo thanks Yukio for his help with the training, as Yukio complains that Ichigo and the others have been taking too long to finish things up. Yukio almost looks surprised to hear someone thanking him for his help as he suddenly tells Ichigo that he should hurry and go home to his sisters.

Ichigo then once more shows how lousy a brother he can be at times, remembering he forgot to call his family :notrust. Ichigo then can't help but wonder how long he's been inside the Fullbring, only for Yukio to reveal that Ichigo's been in there for a mere 90 minutes. The Fast Forward option Yukio used did exactly what we expected it to do, be it for a completely different reason. I suppose that the moments where Yukio spoke with Riruka and Orihime he just stopped the fast forward for a moment before holding the button again. Yukio tells Ichigo that he should be thankful for the effort put into Ichigo's training, but this time he doesn't get a word of thanks -is it me, or does he look a bit disappointed by this fact?

Yukio then tells Ichigo to get back home as he's already late. Ichigo then gets back to the Kurosaki clinic where he's greeted by an overly excited Yuzu.

We are family
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab137/Underscore_007007007/452-007.png
The brother from another mother... whose probably related to your mother

As Ichigo tries to apologize for coming back so late, Yuzu doesn't seem to care at all as there's a blast from the past sitting in the living room. As Ichigo tries to think of who this guest could be, Yuzu only reveals him to be a cousin of theirs after Ichigo asked for a hint. As Yuzu tells the guest that Ichigo's finally returned, Ichigo is quite shocked to see whose sitting in his living room: SHUU-CHAN! Though we know him better as Tsukishima...

Yuzu tells Ichigo that they haven't seen "Shuu-chan" since their grandfather's funeral. Considering Isshin's background, it is obvious that this grandfather is should be Ichigo's mother's father. As Yuzu thinks back to the good times she's had with her cousin, Tsukishima greets Ichigo with a cold stare in his eyes. Ichigo can't help but feel panic coming over him, with the guy who attacked his friends sitting in his living room with his little sister pretending(?) to be his cousin. Nice one Kubo :D!

I have to say I'm really surprised by Kubo pulling this stunt with Tsukishima. Through the whole of Bleach, the Kurosaki household has always been relatively save during the canon. With a total of only two Hollow attacks taking place in and around the household before this arc started, it has always been a relative safe haven. Even Aizen didn't bother getting this close to the Kurosaki house when he tried to take Karakura town for the creation of the Ouken.

Not only is Tsukishima now sitting in Ichigo's house, he's sitting there as a relative of Ichigo's raising the question whether it's the truth, or the effect of his Fullbring. Personally, I'm hoping for him telling the truth for two reasons. First, it would be a great way to get more information on Ichigo's mother and to lead to Isshin meeting her -if Tsukishima has a Fullbring, his mother or father should have been attacked by a Hollow, perhaps with Ichigo's mom around leading to Isshin interfering. It would even explain how Kuugo knows so much about Ichigo, if he heard it from Ichigo's cousin and all... Second, Yuzu shouldn't have been cut down by that Tsukishima bastard :crying. If we learn he did do something to Yuzu, I want to see his head on a silver platter :mad.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa385/The_Underscore_777/ChapterOverview.png

This was an excellent chapter. It finally wrapped up Ichigo's Fullbring training, leaving only the basic improving from this point onward. The interactions between the main characters and the Xcution members felt rather natural now, less forced than before. Ichigo's Fullbring still isn't working for me, but I'm sure it will change once I see it in action. My absolute favorite part, however, was the part at the end of the chapter with Tsukishima waiting in Ichigo's living room. I'm somewhat impressed by Tsukishima's tactics. In a way, Tsukishima revealing himself to be Ichigo's cousin can work in so many ways. It wouldn't be strange for Ichigo to forget a family member -he's bad with remembering faces and all. There's just so many possibilities with this twist. I'm really curious about next week's chapter... too bad I can't review it next weekend :(.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa385/The_Underscore_777/Thingstomakeyourheadspin.png

Kuugo explained that Ichigo's Fullbring will fuse with his Shinigami powers in order to create a power to transcend those of a Shinigami. In a way, it's exactly what Aizen has been doing before. Where Aizen tried to transcend by breaking the barrier between Hollow and Shinigami, two opposites of the same coin, he had to resort to the use of the Hougyoku. Ichigo nicely fit in this plan as he was already a hybrid from birth. Whatever the case, the combination of Shinigami and Hollow powers is something that is just impossible without the Hougyoku.

Now we have Fullbring, a power given to humans based on Hollow energy. Kuugo wants to fuse that energy with Ichigo's Shinigami reiatsu to return him to his previous glory and more. Not only would this mean that Shirosaki would be the dominant figure rather than Old-man Zangetsu -with the scale tipped and all after the perfect balance created through obtaining the Mugetsu-, it would mean that something that requires to Hougyoku is achieved not in a spiritual body, but a living human body! Where's the Hougyoku in all of this? I've theorized in the past that Ichigo's past power ups were achieved because remnants of the Hougyoku's powers remained in Ichigo's soul, but I would expect that to disappear along with Ichigo's reiatsu.

As if this isn't enough to think about, what of Kuugo's information on Ichigo? The only person I can think of who knows absolutely everything about Ichigo, has the knowledge to give a foreign power and to fuse it with an opposing power with the goal to transcend things is Aizen. What's more, is Kuugo actually going a step further than Aizen did in transcending things? Where Aizen fused Shinigami and Hollow, Kuugo is adding a living human body into the mix. He's almost suggesting that Ichigo will be using his Shinigami powers in his human body along with his Fullbring from now on. Anyways, this ranting aside, one of the questions that comes from this rant is the following:

How does Kuugo know that Fullbring can rekindle the Shinigami powers in a hybrid and turn it into something new?

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa385/The_Underscore_777/ReviewPredictions.png

The chapter will continue from the last page of this week's chapter. Yuzu will suggest that Tsukishima sleeps in Ichigo's room after a flashback to grandpa Rin's funeral. An awkward mood will be set in the room as Ichigo can't move with his sister around and Tsukishima enjoying that tension. Tsukishima will reveal something more about his motives and whether he truly is Ichigo's cousin and how they are truly related. Ichigo will have a couple of moments where he tries to yell at Tsukishima, only for Yuzu to tell him to be quiet as it's a school night. Without being able to sleep at all during the night, Tsukishima will tell Ichigo and his sister(s) that he'll be going back home again and he'll come visit more often. Karin will probably have some suspicions, but lets it slide as Yuzu is so happy about seeing her cousin again.

That’s it for this week’s review. I hope you guys enjoyed it as it will have to last you for a while. Be sure to let me know what your thoughts are on this week’s chapter and/or review, give any theories that you may have and to vote in this week’s poll. Don’t forget to rate this week’s chapter! I’ll see you guys again in two weeks!

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab137/Underscore_007007007/ChapterRating2-3.png (http://polldaddy.com/poll/5156008/)

Rate this week's chapter by clicking on the picture above!

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa385/The_Underscore_777/Poststhatwerelostbutnotforgotten.png

I guess if Chad’s fullbring item is his skin, his ability shouldn’t just be limited to transforming the skin on his arms. Eventually he’ll be shown transforming his entire body into some sort of demon looking thing. Whether this has already happened during the timeskip or is about to happen in the virtual training, then maybe that’s when we’ll see the soul of chad’s skin radiate out with energy (although that does sound kind of stupid).

Personally I thought the energy bursting out of Ichigo’s fullbring was more to do with the reactivation of the representative badge rather than the act of completing the fullbring. Since that time when Ichigo was in the doll house and Ginjou talked about Ichigo’s memories being engraved into the soul of the badge, I’ve thought that the badge must have some sort of soul lock or something, where it only works if the soul of the first person who used the badge is connected to the badge through reiatsu or something. Since Ichigo lost his shinigami abilities he is no longer emitting the huge amount reiatsu he used to, and therefore the badge stopped working because his soul is no longer linked to the badge.

When Ichigo first received the badge Ukitake said that the badge was powerful and told Ichigo not to let it fall into the hands of non shinigami. I think the power of the badge is what Ginjou and his gang want and the training they are currently giving Ichigo is to reactivate the badge rather than to give Ichigo back his shinigami abilities. They tried using the other badge that Ginjou now has in the past, however, somewhere along the lines they killed the owner, or the owner wouldn’t co-operate with them, and that’s where Ginjou learned that the badge has the owners memories etched into it and only works when their soul is connected to the badge.

The fullbring training allowed Ichigo to reconnect his soul to the badge and reawakened the powers of the badge. The explosion of energy might therefore have been a result of the forced reactivation of the badge, or Ichigo putting too much of his soul energy into the badge, or maybe it is one of the abilities of the badge itself, I don’t really know, but I think it something to do with the badge rather than fullbring itself.

So basically I think Ginjou and his gang only want to reactivate Ichigo’s badge and will probably trick Ichigo into using his badge for some plot they’ve been scheming. Isshin and Urahara will probably be the ones who will eventually return Ichigo’s shinigami abilities to him. Although I’m not sure where Tsukishima fits in this theory.

Thanks for the review mate, and eye injuries freak me out to. I finished Dead Space 2 the other day and the only parts of the game that had me cringing and scared to look at the screen was where the crazy guy pulled a chicks eye out with a screw driver and later on when the main character thought it would be a good idea to shove a giant needle into his own eye.

It shouldn't be too strange to see a complete transformation from Chad. Especially considering what Ichigo did in the latest chapter :amuse. Your explanation on the badge makes sense, though I'm not sure whether Xcution wants Ichigo's Shinigami badge. Then again, the arc is named the 'the lost Shinigami representative badge' arc...

Anyways, glad you enjoyed the read. I enjoyed your reply as well, up to the point where you had to put that image of eye gouging into my mind :p.

I'll just quote my post from the discussion thread from last week to answer who I believe the mystery shinigami might be and why.

Originally Posted by kazeofsilence
Knowing Kubo, the Himitsugami is probably going to be both a huge surprise rushing from left field and someone who, after the initial surprise/flaming/awe, will make total sense and was plotwise setup for a long, long time now. Not saying Rukia is not the most likely person for it to be, but facts are this person does not want to see Ichigo reinstated as a shinigami for the sake of Ichigo's safety. Rukia might want Ichigo to be safe, but she is also one of the few of his nakama to completely understand him with Renji being one of the others. So that leaves an alluded to character, established character or a new character. As much as Kubo likes bringing in more color to the manga, it is not likely a new character, simply put, there is no reason to hide their identity from the reader. In fact, a new character would have made us more inquisitive into who he/she is and why he/she wants Ichigo to remain human. Therefore, it is either an established character or one Kubo has alluded to before.

Who might it be in my opinion, really I can only give a list and reasons to explain why I believe it might be one of them.

Hikifune Kirio - Urahara Kisuke's predecessor and the only confirmed Royal Guardsmen, we know very little about her thus her being the Himitsugami could be the most adaptable and easiest to believe as long as Kubo plays it right.

Hirako Shinji - Knows Urahara Kisuke quite well and by now knows Isshin formally as well. The Vizards are/were Ichigo's allies, so Shinji would prefer that Ichigo never chance living with the curse of being a hybrid again. Although the likihood of his hybridism returning is slim to none even via the Fullbringer method, Shinji seems pushy enough to impose his opinion to make a decision for Ichigo. Also if the Vizards were reintegrated into the Gotei, Shinji would feel that his opinion holds more value than a Substitute Shinigami.

Kuchiki Byakuya - Likely would prefer Ichigo stayed out of shinigami affairs, both as a means of keeping order and because Ichigo basically superseded the Academy and every convention of the Shinigami. Also the fact that Rukia would jump into any danger that Ichigo would, thus his stopping Ichigo's return as a shinigami would keep Rukia safer.

Older Looking Hitsugaya Toushirou - "That's Hitsugaya-TAICHOU!!" Simply put, Toushirou probably would feel better if Ichigo stayed out of things and made less paperwork for him to fill out. Also, this is Kubo we are talking about, he loves to throw in Toushirou.

Kurosaki Karin - If she is the Himitsugami, it is likely she wants to protect Ichigo from danger. Also she is likely replacing him as Kurakura's Substitute Shinigami.

Kurosaki Masaki - I'd believe this one, especially if Kubo wrote this epicly. What if Urahara needed Ichigo's parents and their reiatsu to seal his ability to regain his shinigami powers. Also, I can just imagine the internet going silent the last page of a chapter being a double spread of Masaki in shinigami form.

You certainly raise a couple of interesting people to be the RUKIA. The only reason why I feel it isn't a captain level Shinigami, however, is because there's no white robe. Ichigo's mom being there would be interesting to say the least. If other people were influenced by Ichigo's high level of Reiatsu, his mother being affected wouldn't be too surprising. With his mother having plenty of power, her becoming a Shinigami wouldn't be too strange. Then again, why wouldn't she have met up with Ichigo sooner?

benelori
June 19, 2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the review!Too bad there won't be any next week...though I might fill in for you, if I will have the time:amuse...it's been long since i've written one, and my hands are itching:tem

Anyways...for this chapter had 3 highlights...Inoue as cute as she will ever be...but it seems like Kubo does some changes in her design chapter by chapter...I think maybe he's not really sure how to draw older Inoue...:blink
The second is Karakuraizer!!@_@...I had the same reaction as you...man I don't really like the outfit, but I think it will look nice with the shinigami cape! Like the last chapter, when we saw the first sign of this complete fullbring, mixed with the black reiatsu cape...
The third is obviously Tsukishima and his tactics...I kinda like the guy as well...there are lots of hints that Tsukishima would be indeed his cousin...I mean Isshin's behaviour might suggest that, Kuugo's remarks during the initial contact with Ichigo suggests that...and we've never really seen Tsukishima's ability to brainwash to this extent, so...

However...the brainwash ability might work better with weaker opponents, so if it turns out that he is not family, then I will be delighted by this new villain...

Thanks again! Have fun on UR trip!Cheers!:beer

Jamil2009
June 19, 2011, 04:55 PM
Wuz hapnin U?! Going on veeca this week, huh? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Sucks that I wasn't invited but I'll get over u...err, it :s:eyeroll.

You're right about the Karakura Riser bit. The outfit does remind me of the KR garb. But I like this new ensemble. I wonder if you've noticed but it has that same skeletal apperance that Ichigo's Visored mask has. Infact, try picturing Ichigo with the mask on and you might have a complete skeletal-like geddup.

About how Ichigo can attain new heights without the Hougyoku. I guess since he always had the potential he could, one way or another, acquire new powers. The Hougyoku seems to be merely a catalyst, something that speeds up the acquisition process. Here, he simply trained and acquired the new power. Remember that when he was high on Hougyoku his power-ups were not synchronised and were not as they ought to have been. He gained his Shinigami powers first then had to learn to surpress his Hollow, when infact, these two were actually part of the same whole. It was only after he did the Jinzen that he fully synchronised his abilities and fused them into one. So the Hougyoku seems to just jolt the inate powers or possibilities. Kinda like the difference between waking up on your own and being slapped awake. You were still gonna wake up either way but the manner determined your response.

Now, concerning Shuu-chan a.k.a Tsukishima. I am quite quite sure he used his fullbring on Yuzu. You see, since Inoue and Chad have considerable amounts of Reiatsu they might be able to forestall and even identify the ability, or the effect that Tsuki's blade had on them. It didn't take Inoue long to realise how odd it was that she felf like she had known Tsuki from some distant past when she was sure that she had just seen for the first time. But Yuzu would be a much easier victim. And this could cause Ichigo to really lose it; once he realises that Yuzu has been slashed by Tsuki, oh boy, that could result in some very interesting battle scenes. But one question comes to mind; where is Karin at this time of night? Oh no, she really could be RUKIA :o.

Moving on.

How Kuugo nows so much about so much is quite the mystery still. But I still feel strongly that he is in cahoots with Aizen or that his plans are otherwise impure and unfriendly.

Concerning how Kuugo knows that Ichigo's powers will transcend the Shinigami; I think Kuugo knows enough about Shinigami to know that they are only able to manipulate their own souls and nothing else. However, Ichigo can now manipulate the soul of even the air and many other things besides, a feat that is beyond the Shinigami; and by the time he regains his Shinigami powers he would be truly transcendant to the Death gods. But I wonder if his fullbring powers would be useable in his Shinigami state or if they are restricted to his physical body. And whether Kon would be able to use them if he were to be in Ichigo's body :tem:p (I really miss that pervert).

Have a great veeca. Bring us a souvenir!

Happy Week.

MonsterEnvy
June 20, 2011, 08:39 PM
fun fact about Fullbring names excluding Cross of Scaffold (maybe) there each named after a song.

Time Tells no Lies is an album by Praying Mantis and a song by Magnesium.

Dollhouse is named for the tentative title of the White Album A Doll's House.

Dirty Boots is also the name of a song by Sonic Youth.

Invaders Must Die is the name of an album by The Prodigy as well as its title track.

Cross of Scaffold may be named after something I don't know

---------- Post added June 20, 2011 at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was June 19, 2011 at 03:48 PM ----------

Oh yeah you forgot about the worst thing Tsukishima did. He sat on Ichigo's couch only Darkseid gets that level of villainy done and Tsukishima one up's him by doing it with the family home.:p

The Underscore
June 21, 2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the review!Too bad there won't be any next week...though I might fill in for you, if I will have the time:amuse...it's been long since i've written one, and my hands are itching:tem

Anyways...for this chapter had 3 highlights...Inoue as cute as she will ever be...but it seems like Kubo does some changes in her design chapter by chapter...I think maybe he's not really sure how to draw older Inoue...:blink
The second is Karakuraizer!!@_@...I had the same reaction as you...man I don't really like the outfit, but I think it will look nice with the shinigami cape! Like the last chapter, when we saw the first sign of this complete fullbring, mixed with the black reiatsu cape...
The third is obviously Tsukishima and his tactics...I kinda like the guy as well...there are lots of hints that Tsukishima would be indeed his cousin...I mean Isshin's behaviour might suggest that, Kuugo's remarks during the initial contact with Ichigo suggests that...and we've never really seen Tsukishima's ability to brainwash to this extent, so...

However...the brainwash ability might work better with weaker opponents, so if it turns out that he is not family, then I will be delighted by this new villain...

Thanks again! Have fun on UR trip!Cheers!:beer

You're welcome. If you have time to review Bleach next week that would work out nicely :amuse. Knowing my luck, it's going to be an amazing chapter that just needs to be reviewed asap :D.

Kubo really is switching a bit too much between the old and new Orihime design, isn't he? In that respect, Orihime is a difficult character, isn't she? She can't change her hairstyle too drastically due to the promise she made to her brother, and she can't really "grow" anymore, can she?

Karakuraiser II really is odd, isn't he? It would work better if it were Kon in Ichigo's body, though :p.

Tsukishima's stunt is one I really enjoyed for two reasons. First, I didn't see it coming at all :tem. Second, whether he really is Ichigo's cousin, or he used a brainwashing ability, I think this is an awesome move for him to make. In this respect I actually find him more daring than Aizen. Where Aizen hid his identity for ages and retreated after revealing it, Tsukishima actually reveals himself only to "hide" in plain sight :amuse.

Anyways, I'll be waiting for a review from you, whether it's Bleach or something else ;).

Wuz hapnin U?! Going on veeca this week, huh? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Sucks that I wasn't invited but I'll get over u...err, it :s:eyeroll.

You're right about the Karakura Riser bit. The outfit does remind me of the KR garb. But I like this new ensemble. I wonder if you've noticed but it has that same skeletal apperance that Ichigo's Visored mask has. Infact, try picturing Ichigo with the mask on and you might have a complete skeletal-like geddup.

About how Ichigo can attain new heights without the Hougyoku. I guess since he always had the potential he could, one way or another, acquire new powers. The Hougyoku seems to be merely a catalyst, something that speeds up the acquisition process. Here, he simply trained and acquired the new power. Remember that when he was high on Hougyoku his power-ups were not synchronised and were not as they ought to have been. He gained his Shinigami powers first then had to learn to surpress his Hollow, when infact, these two were actually part of the same whole. It was only after he did the Jinzen that he fully synchronised his abilities and fused them into one. So the Hougyoku seems to just jolt the inate powers or possibilities. Kinda like the difference between waking up on your own and being slapped awake. You were still gonna wake up either way but the manner determined your response.

Now, concerning Shuu-chan a.k.a Tsukishima. I am quite quite sure he used his fullbring on Yuzu. You see, since Inoue and Chad have considerable amounts of Reiatsu they might be able to forestall and even identify the ability, or the effect that Tsuki's blade had on them. It didn't take Inoue long to realise how odd it was that she felf like she had known Tsuki from some distant past when she was sure that she had just seen for the first time. But Yuzu would be a much easier victim. And this could cause Ichigo to really lose it; once he realises that Yuzu has been slashed by Tsuki, oh boy, that could result in some very interesting battle scenes. But one question comes to mind; where is Karin at this time of night? Oh no, she really could be RUKIA :o.

Moving on.

How Kuugo nows so much about so much is quite the mystery still. But I still feel strongly that he is in cahoots with Aizen or that his plans are otherwise impure and unfriendly.

Concerning how Kuugo knows that Ichigo's powers will transcend the Shinigami; I think Kuugo knows enough about Shinigami to know that they are only able to manipulate their own souls and nothing else. However, Ichigo can now manipulate the soul of even the air and many other things besides, a feat that is beyond the Shinigami; and by the time he regains his Shinigami powers he would be truly transcendant to the Death gods. But I wonder if his fullbring powers would be useable in his Shinigami state or if they are restricted to his physical body. And whether Kon would be able to use them if he were to be in Ichigo's body :tem:p (I really miss that pervert).

Have a great veeca. Bring us a souvenir!

Happy Week.

I felt an invitation to join me on a vacation should be handwritten, which left me with a major problem... I have no fingers!

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab137/Underscore_007007007/largeAnimePaperscans_Disgaea_BakaHero082__THISRES__234278.jpg

At first I did think the Karakuriser outfit looked a bit like the Ichigo's Hollow form, but I felt it looked a bit more like what the rest of the body of the skull on the badge could be.

I can't really go into the headspinner part of your reply, I just have to let your head spin on that :p.

A lot of people are suggesting that Reiatsu levels can block out Tsukishima's (possible) brainwashing abilities. But can you really suggest that Orihime and Chad have more Reiatsu than Ishida? Still, I agree that I'd love to see Ichigo beating the hell out of Tsukishima for harming his little sister like that -especially considering the flashback Karin had of Ichigo protecting her and Yuzu. Now that you mention it... with Karin not yet shown she really could be RUKIA! :o

Kuugo somehow being in cahoots with Aizen is always a possibility. Let's face it, Aizen has been able to manipulate countless people with ease over 100 years. Moving pawns like Kuugo would be easy for him -especially considering how smart Kuugo thinks he is.

Now, you mention that Shinigami can't manipulate the souls of things around them, like the air and whatnot. But can we be sure about that? Perhaps they can't manipulate all objects, but what of Kidou? Then again, that would be a bit too easy and all :amuse.

I definitely agree that KON-sama has to return. Sure, Ichigo has a decent level of perversion which shows itself on rare occasions, but he's such a fledgling compared to the great KON-sama. Without him around, who will teach us the pervert way?

I'll try and find a good souvenir on my vacation. I've still got two more days before I set out, though :amuse.

fun fact about Fullbring names excluding Cross of Scaffold (maybe) there each named after a song.

Time Tells no Lies is an album by Praying Mantis and a song by Magnesium.

Dollhouse is named for the tentative title of the White Album A Doll's House.

Dirty Boots is also the name of a song by Sonic Youth.

Invaders Must Die is the name of an album by The Prodigy as well as its title track.

Cross of Scaffold may be named after something I don't know

---------- Post added June 20, 2011 at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was June 19, 2011 at 03:48 PM ----------

Oh yeah you forgot about the worst thing Tsukishima did. He sat on Ichigo's couch only Darkseid gets that level of villainy done and Tsukishima one up's him by doing it with the family home.:p

I forgot to relay this after I heard this on WordonMars :amuse. Because of Kubo I've got 'Invaders must Die' in my head almost on a daily basis :(.

Tsukishima sitting on Ichigo's couch really is low. At least get the man's permission before doing that! :mad

SaintSheik
June 22, 2011, 12:56 PM
I'm late, I'm late..but I want to post this before the next chapter comes out: Tsukishima (technically Kubo) is such a troll! There's some things that you just don't do! I could only compare this to Buu from Dragon Ball. There was a long list of villains that always came close to destroying the world, but (Kid) Buu up and did it in a snap. Aizen did a lot of messed up things but he never went as far as to coming to Ichigo's own home and affect his little sister..I mean, come on!

Anyway, the only relevant point I can make at this point is that Kuugo and Tsukishima more than likely have the same 'information network'. After all, we saw a series of photos with Tsukishima (Inoue, Chad, Ichigo) and Kuugo as well (Isshin). I really want to see this as an Aizen factors seeing how, from what I've seen, the main antagonist role truly hasn't been filled. I don't have too much of an opinion on the new/true Fullbring form. It was bad enough that 'Invaders Must Die' felt like something out of TRON but Ichigo's form isn't nearly as impressive as the form he fought Tsukishima in, at least in my opinion anyway.

While I'd like for there to be truth behind Tsukishima being Ichigo's cousin for the sake of plot development, I think it's just a case of Yuzu being a victim to his (not so) mysterious ability. The fact that Karin hasn't been seen yet could mean she is RUKIA as others have speculated but we may see her with this week's chapter. I'm all for a Benelori review...Bleach and ESPECIALLY this week's Naruto :amuse

More importantly, thanks for the review and enjoy the vacation. Maybe this will lead to motivation towards another Underscore One Shot~?

EDIT: Holy Mother-, you were right as far as your luck goes!! The one week you go on vacation, we get one of the best chapters in months!