PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 241 Discussion

ghostexiled
July 02, 2011, 02:43 AM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/71141-Fairy-Tail-241-Discussion-242-Predictions) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

---------- Post added July 02, 2011 at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was June 25, 2011 at 07:44 PM ----------

chapter is out: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/37257601/1

AnimeLoverX
July 02, 2011, 02:51 AM
dayum
awesome chapter

I felt a bit cheaped how ULTEAR was defeated. NOT Looking forward to see FT pulling another "friendship" power battle lol

Nonlife
July 02, 2011, 02:55 AM
Another cheesy win for the good guys....Why am I not surprised? Now it seems Hades is our last shot for an unpredictable outcome for this arc; he'd better not lose. (Who knows? Maybe we'll catch a glimpse of the REAL Zeref.)

ghostexiled
July 02, 2011, 02:59 AM
Remember that is fine to be pleased or disappointed with the chapter/series.

Any posts talking about how the series is good or bad in a general sense or anything other than chapter discussion and predictions, will either be deleted or moved to the Hangout thread.

Please only discuss the current chapter in this thread.

Thanks!

swordsaintscoot
July 02, 2011, 03:12 AM
man ultear lost quickly, but i kinda enjoyed the continuity of the melted ice.

Ifrit
July 02, 2011, 03:29 AM
So..now only HADES left. I think Ultear is going to help them beating him maybe not sure...now maybe Ultear + Meredy join FT ?

Don't wanna comment about how Gray win. But most of people on forum already expected the misunderstanding from UR to her mother.

Source of magic : we will find out more in the next chapter I think it's gonna cover it.

Natsu Face : seeing that face again ...I don't think HADES gonna get defeated by the awake Zeref ( But I hope this happen more reasonable ).

HADES is all for Natsu imo.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

dayum
awesome chapter

I felt a bit cheaped how ULTEAR was defeated. NOT Looking forward to see FT pulling another "friendship" power battle lol

I won't consider it as a defeat since she stopped fighting back once she heard her mother voice n memories started to get back to her.

morau-san
July 02, 2011, 03:55 AM
a somewhat standard FT win but i like gray's battles the most. his magic gives us a lot of really cool new attacks to witness. all in all, enjoyable chapter. i can't wait for Hades defeat at the hands of a weakened FT. It will be the most troll worthy moment ever. so excited :D <3

RaveDragon
July 02, 2011, 04:02 AM
Cover for this chapter = awesoooome!
Lol at Loki looking at Juvia xD and aww lucy is looking at Natsu like 'my hero' =3
Lol Lisanna and Mira that close look so similar ><

Well Ultear looked already fatigued in the beginning I guess i was wrong and she won't be ultimate villian :/ too bad but tbh Hades is overkill for FT they can't beat him imho at the moment and it wouldn't be right for Natsu to do so at this level ^^ maybe a combo?

I thought tower of heaven but experiment? OMG that explains how twisted she is and a lot more =[ but even Ur it wasnt her fault i guess it was s big huge misunderstanding and I agree with ifrit;
would you keep on fighting if you knew your mother actually loved you and thought you were dead so people could take you from her and experiment on you? all those years and know you know how wrong and twisted you were? NO, Hell, NO you'd freeze, you'd be in shock and Gray took the opportunity. Ultear could have kept on going but she lost the will to fight.

Amazing chapter, cheesy yes, but heartwarming and nice ,almost made me cry, okay i admit it, i did cry...a bit...and Gray deserved to win, but i think mashima won't make FT ultimately win ^^

As for the next chapter title Acknowlogia...I am so lost...Lucy might give explanations its sound like a book, or a legend, or something to do with Zeref and the source of legend :/ brainy stuff, well at least we gonna know what formation they took =D

Hades defeated is impossible one-on-one but i guess if they all combined their powers it is possible but i would say there would be sacrifices =S but i think meredy will accidentally meet him give him Zeref (after a v.v.v. small fight or in fear), he defeats FT, we get a crazy sad part and explanations and maybe a big secret revealed (of Z, Natsu and Lucy) and then defeat if not in a fight in their mission to not let them have Zeref ^^ which means all those fights were for nothing and if someone dies it was in vain which for FT is a stab in the heart like a thousand times

wooticus
July 02, 2011, 04:08 AM
and again grey defeated an enemy natus totally lost against... twice. well, of course the outcoming is a bit cheesy - but it could have been much more cheesier.

what i don't like is the fact that ultear acted totally psycho several times.. and now she became calm and did a 180° in personality.

if you look at the last panels of this chapter i guess it will be FT strongest team + zeref versus hades. I don't see any member of FT winning against hades alone.

And what about Gildartz lol? did they just leave him lying where he defeated bluenote lol?

swordsaintscoot
July 02, 2011, 04:09 AM
Now we know the great world of magic will never come to pass, or Ultear would be nigh unstoppable.

Ero-Sanji
July 02, 2011, 04:30 AM
Aw man, now Ultear is out of the picture as well.
It's kind of funny how forced somethings are. Ultear is so much stronger and better than Gray that the only way of him defeating her is for her to be distracted by her mother's presence in the water. Come on!

Now that the history and motives of Ultear is known she has nothing left to offer and thus is equal to nothing. The whole charm about Ultear was her wickedness and superiority and now that character has sunken into the abyss, hopefully never to be seen again. I mean what's the point in Ultear now? Anyway, Mashima has a strong sense of creating characters and I suppose there will be new ones to like.

Lastly, what an amazing foreshadowing, Hades is going to be blown away by the strongest nakama blast, ever!

wooticus
July 02, 2011, 04:39 AM
Aw man, now Ultear is out of the picture as well.
It's kind of funny how forced somethings are. Ultear is so much stronger and better than Gray that the only way of him defeating her is for her to be distracted by her mother's presence in the water. Come on!

Now that the history and motives of Ultear is known she has nothing left to offer and thus is equal to nothing. The whole charm about Ultear was her wickedness and superiority and now that character has sunken into the abyss, hopefully never to be seen again. I mean what's the point in Ultear now? Anyway, Mashima has a strong sense of creating characters and I suppose there will be new ones to like.

Lastly, what an amazing foreshadowing, Hades is going to be blown away by the strongest nakama blast, ever!

The funny thing is that ultear is the one responsible for ul melting into the ocean to begin with. so that's the typical plan of a villain that fires back

1337 haxor
July 02, 2011, 04:41 AM
I'll be blunt, who the hell f*cked up Ur's and her daughter's life so badly?

Do I have that Aizen/Raito esque feeling that Hades has manipulated everyone from even before they were born?

Anyhow, the fight itself was good, we have Grimmoire Heart essentially finished after a row of tought fights and this is by far the longest running arc in the series.

I am not saying they can't beat Hades but I can say it easily that friendship alone won't cut it.

Hades is a true demon, irredemable and almighty, his cold esque Ulquiorra feeling of no two shits about smashing the heroes cold dead and all it takes is a direct confrontations.

He is going to murder someone, that's a given, and a beast will awake to take revenge upon him.

HaiSuShi
July 02, 2011, 04:49 AM
Wow, Ultear was somehow cute this chapter(page 12, bottom left panel)....that's scary.
Idk, but it doesn't bug me that Ultear lost so fast because, IMO, I found it well executed.(and heartwarming, like RaveDragon said)
It made sense for me, why she wanted to control Arc of time and how she is able to fight on after all these battles.(Zeref,Natsu,Gray)
The whole thing with Ul was just icing on the cake.

And the cover is awesome! Did somebody else think Gazille was groping Juvia,lol?

BlackHair
July 02, 2011, 05:00 AM
If Hades is going to lose against these three (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/37257601/22), then I will stop reading Fairy Tail.

Laxus Lightingeel
July 02, 2011, 05:01 AM
Chatper 241 Page 21:
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/37257601/21
and Chapter 228 page 25/26
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c228/25.html
In chapter 228 of the island I rise storm
And in chapter 241 I see the heavens opened and the lightning I see 3 black pukty like the movement of the body.
Is the entrance Laxus?.

ca12nag3
July 02, 2011, 06:11 AM
Chapter kept it simple and to the point. Nothing bad there, felt a bit rushed but not in a annoying way. Seems Ultears past is just as tragic as Gerard/Erzas. Irony in her trickery towards Gerard there.

Wonder if she will play any role in the near future, btw Meredy is loyal to her not Hades perse. So how will the *dragging Zeref* thing end now?

Sollum
July 02, 2011, 06:33 AM
If Hades is going to lose against these three (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/37257601/22), then I will stop reading Fairy Tail.

Lol, then you should stop it right now :D

Chapter was great!

And sad story is sad :(

Zeref led a guild eh? I bet its Tartarus ^_^

sarutobi_sensei
July 02, 2011, 06:39 AM
Found it interesting but not epic. Urtear's motives were nice, wanting to see her mother again, and the part about hearing her voice in the water was also interesting. I wonder if Ur can for a body of water. That'd be cool. But I guess we won't be seeing it.

Juvia was still creepy xD But awesome haha meredy has no reason to keep running with Zeref since she listens to Urtear. Unless Hades appears and takes Zeref of her :x

loved the coverpage, guildartz is now on the floor, I wonder who'll he find first.

I sure hope that Natsu, Erza and Gray don't defeat Hades. Those 3 have practically no magic power left for fighting and they would be fighting against Hades? Unless they have a death wish they shouldn't fight.

That and we still need to know more about Zeref and Mavis. They'll still have a part on this arc.

Wow, Ultear was somehow cute this chapter(page 12, bottom left panel)....that's scary.
Idk, but it doesn't bug me that Ultear lost so fast because, IMO, I found it well executed.(and heartwarming, like RaveDragon said)
It made sense for me, why she wanted to control Arc of time and how she is able to fight on after all these battles.(Zeref,Natsu,Gray)
he whole thing with Ul was just icing on the cake.

And the cover is awesome! Did somebody else think Gazille was groping Juvia,lol?
Agreed. She was born with too much magical power, that's why she was able to fight all those battles.

And yeah for a second there, I thought he was gropping her xD

Chapter kept it simple and to the point. Nothing bad there, felt a bit rushed but not in a annoying way. Seems Ultears past is just as tragic as Gerard/Erzas. Irony in her trickery towards Gerard there.

Wonder if she will play any role in the near future, btw Meredy is loyal to her not Hades perse. So how will the *dragging Zeref* thing end now?
The irony xD

She will play a part in the future most likely.

There's still so much on this arc, Mavis, Zeref, the flashback or flashforward from a couple of chapters ago.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Lol, then you should stop it right now :D

Chapter was great!

And sad story is sad :(

Zeref led a guild eh? I bet its Tartarus ^_^
I bet it was Fairy Tail or it's ancestor.

RaveDragon
July 02, 2011, 07:02 AM
I bet it was Fairy Tail or it's ancestor.

Lol i would not be surprised it would be such a cool plot twist, hey anyone thought about that Zeref might actually be this nice guy but with a split personality or something possessing him? Like he really was FT master in the olden days and he was nice and cool but he was consumed by his magic or something or by the black dragon?

LoS
July 02, 2011, 07:31 AM
lol,
am I inside my mother? what kind of foolishness am I reading now?

Gray despite all the injuries and exhaustion just gets up and walks towards Hades, as does Ezra. Sigh, it's something you expect from Fairy Tail, the sheer audacity of pulling something so asinine.

The final page makes you believe Fairy Tail actually has a chance of defeating Hades. Which, is sad, because this manga needs a long standing villain, and Hades is the perfect fit. It's just too bad Mashima this entire arc has continued the theme of the power of friendship/bonds uniting shall overpower evil.

Also, Urtear is older than Gray and Leon, so why did she look younger/the exact same age as them in the flashbacks? She certainly looks older than Gray now?

Lol at the coincidence of Hades finding Urtear at some magical Library, and knowing how to pull her heartstrings and say just the right words. Plothole much?

This chapter wasn't bad because everyone in the world saw the outcome coming a mile away. Surprisingly though, Urtear showed signs of exhaustion early on, after using her mothers magic. And despite that, Gray of course just stands up after taking a direct hit. Now that, is just stupid. Urtear is tired, Gray is wounded, and the fight goes on, Urtear begins to doubt herself and lose her conviction, that is why she lost. Or at least I would like to think that way, because she certainly has no business losing to Gray what so ever. Gray wins because Urtear's emotional state is rattled. Which, shows Gray has some power and maintains that Urtear didn't flat out get overpowered by him. Or so I hope.

The one thing I absolutely will not stand for in this manga is if Gildartz gets up after admitting he's exhausted and tries to help out in battling Hades. Well him and Makarov, who is still on death's doorstep from his injuries and exhaustion. But hey, this is Fairy Tail where Gray should be out of commission, the same with Ezra who got beaten up worse than Gray and used up more magical power, but hey they are both walking towards Hades, so I guess why not make it completely unrealistic and have Gildartz join up with the group.

ghostexiled
July 02, 2011, 07:55 AM
I thought was the chapter was nice.

Especially liked to see that Ultear has a back story for her that explains why she hated her mother... of course if I were her, I would of just walked up to her and been like, "What are we all laughing about?"

"Oh... don't mind me! I am just your dead daughter!" :p

I have a feeling that Hades set the whole Ur's daughter is dead thing up... since we are to believe that Ur didn't see Ultear's body once, after being told she was dead.

So Hades cuts her off from being a good person like Leon and Gray.

He wants her because of her large magic ability... so to LoS, Hades finding her in a libary is not all that plot-hole-ish, if he was the one behind her being held and her fake death in the first place.

My thoughts of the future will be that everyone will face off against Hades... but get their collective asses handed to them.

Including Glidartz...

I still have a feeling that Zeref will awaken and do him in. Nothing says EVIL like killing the one that is trying to use you for his own EVIL desires. :)

to RaveDragon - maybe Zeref is Mavis! :p

RaveDragon
July 02, 2011, 07:57 AM
^actually we have never been told Ultears age ^^ I didnt find it in the wiki and i dont remember ever hearing she was older than Gray and co. We just know she's the oldest of the seven Kin thats all

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Ultear_Milkovich

And for all we know Hades might have been the one who made her go through all those hardships, she has a lot of magical power so i wouldnt be surprised he was interested in her

Plus gray is stronger than he looks and he was hit with Ice magic his specialty, he should know how to defend a bit from it, he wasnt really doing much though he jumped on her usually when characters are exhausted they do that. it was a good fight and her past made sense.

Plus guys this is
1- fiction
2- for younger teens
3- A MAGIC manga where it makes sense that logic doesn't fit a lot of times

on the plus side...Gray had no nakama powerup ^^

LoS
July 02, 2011, 08:26 AM
so to LoS, Hades finding her in a libary is not all that plot-hole-ish, if he was the one behind her being held and her fake death in the first place.

I actually thought of this as well, but it led me to far too many questions I just didn't bother posting it. Such as, if she is born with such strong magical power, could her father have been some amazing Mage? Why was her magic so strong at such a young age instead of the normal process where mage's witness their power gradually grow as they age? Just too many questions to ask. But yes, the Hades set up is the most likely answer, as I thought as well. Actually, it is the only plausible one to tell the truth. It is also in his MO as the all seeing, and ever planning bad guy. One way or another he collected all these youngsters and taught them the lost magics for a reason.

My thoughts of the future will be that everyone will face off against Hades... but get their collective asses handed to them.

Including Glidartz...

I still have a feeling that Zeref will awaken and do him in. Nothing says EVIL like killing the one that is trying to use you for his own EVIL desires.

One can only hope the guild will get curbstomped by him, showing them just how far they all need to grow in order to get to the upper echelon of the magical world.

And yes, I too think that only an awakened Zeref would be able to take down Hades, just that he is such a cautious and knowledgeable guy I am sure he would have safeguards in place to prevent his creation/pet from turning on him. But Zeref going wild and once again starting his quest to immerse the world in darkness would allow the FT people to witness first hand the difference in their strength and set them on the path of getting stronger in order to defeat such evil.

to RaveDragon - maybe Zeref is Mavis!

I know you are joking, but I actually thought Mavis was going to be Zeref's grandson. Not joking either

RaveDragon
July 02, 2011, 08:45 AM
to RaveDragon - maybe Zeref is Mavis!

hey, in Fairy Tail anything is possible thats what i learnt to deal with and now love ^^

I know you are joking, but I actually thought Mavis was going to be Zeref's grandson. Not joking either

It would be such a twist if thier actually connected =D maybe the boy really is mavis and Zeref is a relative whose discendant are actually macao and romeo xD

Zeltrax
July 02, 2011, 09:02 AM
Only problem I had with this chapter was when Ultear found out the "truth".
It felt wasted imo because it could have been done better rather than
"because Ur's ashes are in the sea, so now I know her feelings and I'm actually a bad guy"
kind of pull. It would have been better if there was a more logical reasoning to her seeing that flashback.
Like someone has posted, it will make more sense if hades is involve.
I know I should read ft lightheart-ly but Ur, being a great mage and all
should notice her daughter is dead or alive and not easily believe the words of those uh, whoever they are.

Other than that, pretty good chapter.
Gray's win is justifiable because Urtear is distracted + they are in the sea.
I just wished it could be longer and they could show off more stuff though.
Hades losing to the 3 of them and probably lucy too is ridiculous.
Counting lucy aside, 2 of them are already exhausted and can barely walk.
In the end it will be natsu being the one that does the most attacks and winning..
Not sure I like that considering how Hades "played" with makarov, by having those 3 win, won't
natsu be insanely strong :blink

and Ultear creepy and evil character buildup over the last 200 chapters just got crushed.

ca12nag3
July 02, 2011, 09:09 AM
Only problem I had with this chapter was when Ultear found out the "truth".
It felt wasted imo because it could have been done better rather than
"because Ur's ashes are in the sea, so now I know her feelings and I'm actually a bad guy"
kind of pull. It would have been better if there was a more logical reasoning to her seeing that flashback.
Like someone has posted, it will make more sense if hades is involve.
I know I should read ft lightheart-ly but Ur, being a great mage and all
should notice her daughter is dead or alive and not easily believe the words of those uh, whoever they are.

Other than that, pretty good chapter.
Gray's win is justifiable because Urtear is distracted + they are in the sea.
I just wished it could be longer and they could show off more stuff though.
Hades losing to the 3 of them and probably lucy too is ridiculous.
Counting lucy aside, 2 of them are already exhausted and can barely walk.
In the end it will be natsu being the one that does the most attacks and winning..
Not sure I like that considering how Hades "played" with makarov, by having those 3 win, won't
natsu be insanely strong :blink

and Ultear creepy and evil character buildup over the last 200 chapters just got crushed.

We know nothing of this institute yet, btw it could be that that place is linked to the council. Also Ul was younger and a mother. Being logical isnt always an option when someone is emotional. Besides like i said we dont know that institute. So its possible that it was a great authority at the time and wouldnt be second guessed.

ghostexiled
July 02, 2011, 09:10 AM
@ LoS

True that Hades would have protective measures in place, in case such a thing were to happen as to have Zeref turn on him.

But I am thinking that Zeref is suppose to be almost the literal God of Magic. There has been no sign that there is/were an equal to Zeref.

Yin and Yang type deal... so I would guess that whatever magic you throw at "awakened" Zeref, he will know it and eat it for breakfast. :)

What better way than to have the series villain curbstomp Hades into oblivion... right after Hades curbstomped FT into oblivion.

That would set Zeref up to be what the series has been painting him to be... the God of Magic.

RaveDragon
July 02, 2011, 09:13 AM
@ LoS

True that Hades would have protective measures in place, in case such a thing were to happen as to have Zeref turn on him.

But I am thinking that Zeref is suppose to be almost the literal God of Magic. There has been no sign that there is/were an equal to Zeref.

Yin and Yang type deal... so I would guess that whatever magic you throw at "awakened" Zeref, he will know it and eat it for breakfast. :)

What better way than to have the series villain curbstomp Hades into oblivion... right after Hades curbstomped FT into oblivion.

That would set Zeref up to be what the series has been painting him to be... the God of Magic.

Life and death magic does make you think that, but what is the key that will awaken zeref, it is on the island Ultears comment on how she had it says so, could it ctually be one of FT and then who? natsu/Lucy or is it actually FG?

I can so see that, a defeated FT pummeled by Hades when suddenly the key appears whatever or whoever it is and Zeref pummels Hades and laughs at Ft leaving them alive because they are not worth it or something. Then the boy comes to the rescue =D

Atobe the king
July 02, 2011, 09:24 AM
I liked this chapter, thought it was well done. Idk how they're gonna beat hades though....

White Silver King
July 02, 2011, 09:29 AM
Well, it wasn't like there could have been any other outcome. But I can be comforted in the fact that it was pretty much a draw and she had already fought and pwned Zeref and Natsu before this.

Zeltrax
July 02, 2011, 09:30 AM
I liked this chapter, thought it was well done. Idk how they're gonna beat hades though....
I think that's the least of my worries.
It will be probably through the power of friendship and willpower .
What I am curious about is zeref and that suppose group of people in urtear's flashback, if that is the council
and if it is, that will be the old council not the new one.
Which won't make sense if the old one wasn't corrupt, so I don't think it is.

Atobe the king
July 02, 2011, 09:35 AM
What i meant was, idk how they're gonna beat him in a way that wont make the forum explode or endanger mashimas life lol.

White Silver King
July 02, 2011, 09:42 AM
What i meant was, idk how they're gonna beat him in a way that wont make the forum explode or endanger mashimas life lol.
They're not because anyway in which they beat him is complete and utter bullshit. We know it's gonna be Natsu and that's crap because he's fought and won 3 (maybe it was 2, I really couldn't give a shit) fights that were all BS wins not only should his stamina be at absolute zero but his magic should be in the negative zone. Gildarts can't even move, Mira is unconscious, Erza is (or at least should be) done, Gray is all to' up, and Fried and Bixlow as well. Hades epic-wtf-mega-ultra-uber pwned Makarov in seconds, there isn't anything an extremely exhausted rag tag group of guild members should be able to do to him.

What I am curious about is zeref and that suppose group of people in urtear's flashback, if that is the council

I was under the impression it belonged to Hades.

ghostexiled
July 02, 2011, 09:44 AM
Going a bit off topic here:

The thing that I have a hard time wrapping my head around is the dislike of FT's friendship power.

I know for a fact and so should most of you... when you have something or someone in your life that means something to you. Then you will fight with everything you've got to protect it.

Sure FT may lay it on thick... but if you're 241 chapters into this series and still have issues with it, then you need to either except it or leave it.

This series has ALWAYS put heavy emphasis on teamwork and friendship. The manga is about a Guild... that is why the manga is named after the Guild.

I don't mean or want to get into a debate about this... so if your going to chime in, put it in spoiler tags.

On topic:

I stick to my last post and say that Zeref will own Hades after Hades owns FT. :)

I would be shocked if Hades lost to anyone in FT. But there is always the possiblilty that Hades will tell Natsu something about the dragons that will send him into Super DS mode.

I hope not though...

White Silver King
July 02, 2011, 09:48 AM
I stick to my last post and say that Zeref will own Hades after Hades owns FT.

Is this an unsealed Zeref? Because the sealed one got pwned by Ultear.

~If you read the post before this one... you would know that I mean the awakened version. :) ~Ghost

Ok, I can see that. That'd be pretty cool actually.

The thing that I have a hard time wrapping my head around is the dislike of FT's friendship power.

I know for a fact and so should most of you... when you have something or someone in your life that means something to you. Then you will fight with everything you've got to protect it.

Sure FT may lay it on thick... but if you're 241 chapters into this series and still have issues with it, then you need to either except it or leave it.

This series has ALWAYS put heavy emphasis on teamwork and friendship. The manga is about a Guild... that is why the manga is named after the Guild.

I don't mean or want to get into a debate about this... so if your going to chime in, put it in spoiler tags.
To an extent, I don't have a problem with it. You can't read a manga without getting some of the nakama power-up bull. But what bothers me is when every single fight in every single arc is one purely through nakama power-ups (the only fight that really sticks out to me that was won through actualy brawn/brains is Lyon's fight against Racer). To me, that shows a lack of creativity and writing ability. I still read FT though because I really like the concept of it and out of loyalty with the hope it'll turn around.

RaveDragon
July 02, 2011, 09:54 AM

No worries we'll get a protection squad for him, I like the nakama feel and thats why i read FT plus we all already said it millions of times and ghostexiled summarised it perfectly ^^

But come on, if FT wins all the battles its one thing but this is a FRESH hades who pwned makarov who did this;
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7117-16/fairy-tail/chapter-2.html

Plus dont you remember this ending;
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/234/18
"We believed in it, Our victory..." Depressing much, whatever happens at the end FT lost, may it be the fight or the life of a friend (which for this guild is worse) they lost something =/

I agree with Ghost like i said Hades pummels FT, key to Zeref whoever or whatever it is awakens his bad side, Zeref pummels hades and we get a training arc and lots of grief =]

On the other hand i has a feeling we shall all be left with our jaws to the floor (even perforating it) by the plot twist i predict mashima will do, maybe all these wins are like the metaphor; "win the battles but lose the war"

ca12nag3
July 02, 2011, 09:55 AM
Well we dont know how Mashima wants to make this work. You see 1 on 1 nobody thats still standing can beat Hades but a team effort might work. Its not like his magical power should be so much of an eclipse that he totaly overpowers everyone.
If hes able to oneshot people like Gray and Erza then its more or less game over but if they can keep at bay long enough to put up a teameffort a 3 on 1 might work.

Its like how lions team up on a buffalo, 1v1 a lion wont ever ever win vs a buffalo but when they gang it its easy picking. So just saying that omg they cant win vs Hades is bullshit in my book. Unless like i said if hes able to oneshot them its more or less impossible.
Btw about Makarovs loss, remember he was grabbing for his chest when fighting him, he got a weak heart so most likely hes not half the man he was when he was fit for fighting.

As for the Ultear development, im curious if shes gonna catch up with Meredy and order her to stop going. Since she got Zeref with her its possible. And im also starting to fear for Juvia, she is just behind her and if Hades shows up its game over for her.

White Silver King
July 02, 2011, 09:58 AM
Its not like his magical power should be so much of an eclipse that he totaly overpowers everyone.
If hes able to oneshot people like Gray and Erza then its more or less game over but if they can keep at bay long enough to put up a teameffort a 3 on 1 might work.
Did you see what he did to Makarov? He pretty much one-shotted him.

ca12nag3
July 02, 2011, 09:59 AM
Did you see what he did to Makarov? He pretty much one-shotted him.

Like i said Makarov is a sick old man. He was already in no condition to fight + Hades knew all his moves at forhand. In no way a fair fight.

Zeltrax
July 02, 2011, 10:02 AM
Like i said Makarov is a sick old man. He was already in no condition to fight + Hades knew all his moves at forhand. In no way a fair fight.
The thing here is hades played him like a child, even if it wasn't a fair fight and he was handicapped to some degree,
He couldn't have lost like that unless hades is insanely strong.
The buffalo and lion theory isn't accurate.
I rather say that its a wolf and 3 sheeps.

White Silver King
July 02, 2011, 10:04 AM

Yeah he's old but he's MEGA strong. He wiped out Jose Porla and all his peeps with one-shot, he destroyed the GH ship with a punch (all of the 7 Kin were shocked at how powerful he was), and has been full of badassery since the beginning of the series. He's like FT Yama. And the fact that Hades knew all his moves (which we don't really know, we don't know the extent of his magical abilities when he was 40) doesn't really mattered since they were so outclassed by his own. And may I remind you that Hades is WELL over 100 years old.

ca12nag3
July 02, 2011, 10:17 AM
Yeah he's old but he's MEGA strong. He wiped out Jose Porla and all his peeps with one-shot, he destroyed the GH ship with a punch (all of the 7 Kin were shocked at how powerful he was), and has been full of badassery since the beginning of the series. He's like FT Yama. And the fact that Hades knew all his moves (which we don't really know, we don't know the extent of his magical abilities when he was 40) doesn't really mattered since they were so outclassed by his own. And may I remind you that Hades is WELL over 100 years old.

Its like you said he whiped Jose in 1 shot. But you forget 1 huge thing, when the entire laxus ordeal started he was k.oed and hospitalized. They thought he was gonna die and he has a heartcondition. And when hes fight Hades he clearly grabs for his heart. The guy has a heartcondition. This DID NOT show when he was fighting Jose. You cant ignore that the old geezer has a bad heart and you still expect him to fight on par with a top lvl mage like Hades.
Even if Hades is older his physicals didnt show any sign of trouble. Yet for Makarov its not the same.

Also even normal people in our daily lives dont age the same, some people need care when they are in their 60s others are in their 80s and still live by themselves perfectly fine.

I dont see age having the same effect on Hades as it seems to have on Makarov with his heartcondition.

Btw ive got another idea.

How about a fusion between Ul and Juvia? Farfetched or maybe a possibility. I supose Meredy with Zeref is heading for the beach and where water is Juvia thrives, also Ul is *in the water*. So they might help eachother to gain a more powerfull form of magic to stop Hades? Just a idea?

ghostexiled
July 02, 2011, 10:39 AM
Careful that you guys don't start bleeding over into general discussion about who is stronger and what they did... you can talk that out in the Hangout Thread.

I actually think that Makrov has a trump card still... not one that will completely destroy Hades, but one that will shake him up good.

I see Hades putting the awakening of Zeref on show to FT.

He will laugh and dish out his belief on why this must be done... all the while flicking FT members away. Makrov makes a sudden appereance and states that he has a way of stopping him.

Sacrifice maybe?

Of course they may only go as far as knocking Hades down to a level where either:

A.) Natsu fights and kicks his ass... but Zeref still awakes.

B.) All FT fights and kicks his ass--- but Zeref still awakes.

C.) Hades still kicks ass, Zeref awakens. Turns and kills Hades.

I have a sneaking feeling that this WHOLE island battle is the final key to awakening Zeref.

I mean if you remember his "keys" were given once something specific happened... in Meledy's case her entire city had to be wiped out.

So having an all out battle against 2 strong guilds could be the key... that or the outcome of it, someone dies.

RaveDragon
July 02, 2011, 10:45 AM
Careful that you guys don't start bleeding over into general discussion about who is stronger and what they did... you can talk that out in the Hangout Thread.

I actually think that Makrov has a trump card still... not one that will completely destroy Hades, but one that will shake him up good.

I see Hades putting the awakening of Zeref on show to FT.

He will laugh and dish out his belief on why this must be done... all the while flicking FT members away. Makrov makes a sudden appereance and states that he has a way of stopping him.

Sacrifice maybe?

Of course they may only go as far as knocking Hades down to a level where either:

A.) Natsu fights and kicks his ass... but Zeref still awakes.

B.) All FT fights and kicks his ass--- but Zeref still awakes.

C.) Hades still kicks ass, Zeref awakens. Turns and kills Hades.

I have a sneaking feeling that this WHOLE island battle is the final key to awakening Zeref.

I mean if you remember his "keys" were given once something specific happened... in Meledy's case her entire city had to be wiped out.

So having an all out battle against 2 strong guilds could be the key... that or the outcome of it, someone dies.

I like B or C xD Natsu as much as i <3 him is in no condition to beat even a weakened Zeref. :pwned imo

I has a feeling that there are multiple keys and the last one is on the island and actually a member of FT so it has to do with Lucy (i mean her magic is literally keys xp) explaining her imp part or maybe Natsu.

We all know though the plot twists and revelations which will be like :jawdrop will come up now ^^

exacta
July 02, 2011, 10:46 AM
First half of the chapter was good because Urtears reasons for hating Ur were very well written......then Mashima immediately after the flashback makes her realize Ur cared about her just because shes underwater and Gray defeats her with a really dull ice shard attack. Scratch off another antagonist who had great potential. Although, this doesn't change that Arc of Time could still bring back her mother. Well, either way, at least we still have Hades.

White Silver King
July 02, 2011, 10:47 AM
when the entire laxus ordeal started he was k.oed and hospitalized. They thought he was gonna die and he has a heartcondition
That was for plot reasons, there'd be no manga if Makarov just killed everybody for them...

RaveDragon
July 02, 2011, 10:49 AM
That was for plot reasons, there'd be no manga if Makarov just killed everybody for them...

Plot reasons or not he still has a heart condition and is weak no? it's a manga yes but it would be then too much for his health to come back to quickly i mean even his council friend told him to retire for his own good, hat has to be foreshadowing right?

ErosVp
July 02, 2011, 10:53 AM
I knew this chapter was going to be like that, I even comented Ultear's hate was a misunderstanding.... but still, it's really boring when the readers can predict that easily what the author is going to do, when it's this obvious it's just lame.

Then it's up to Natsu, Erza and Gray to defeat the villain, again! Why gildartz can't move and Erza is going to fight? It's certain they will defeat the most powerfull mage the manga showed, the one who was once the master of their guild, and traveled the world to learn more about magic and be more powerfull.... I hope Natsu can show that form with scales again, and use it whenever he wants.

I don't believe Ultear or Meredy are going to join FT. They can't be part of one of the greatest dark guild and not get arrested because they want to join FT, they must have commited a LOT of crimes! Gerard was imprisonned wasn't he? Ultear must take Meredy and run to live their lifes anyway they want, but as wanted criminals...

ca12nag3
July 02, 2011, 11:49 AM
I knew this chapter was going to be like that, I even comented Ultear's hate was a misunderstanding.... but still, it's really boring when the readers can predict that easily what the author is going to do, when it's this obvious it's just lame.

Then it's up to Natsu, Erza and Gray to defeat the villain, again! Why gildartz can't move and Erza is going to fight? It's certain they will defeat the most powerfull mage the manga showed, the one who was once the master of their guild, and traveled the world to learn more about magic and be more powerfull.... I hope Natsu can show that form with scales again, and use it whenever he wants.

I don't believe Ultear or Meredy are going to join FT. They can't be part of one of the greatest dark guild and not get arrested because they want to join FT, they must have commited a LOT of crimes! Gerard was imprisonned wasn't he? Ultear must take Meredy and run to live their lifes anyway they want, but as wanted criminals...

why gildarts is kinda beat up is cause Bluenote is one of the strongest oponents out there, also hes injured from fighting the black dragon so his body might not heal back up as fast as its suposed to. Same with Makarov both these character even if they use kick ass super magic still got *human* bodies.

As for the plot its not to obvious, you could have guessed but not for sure that Ultear was actualy a ill child brought to a doctor to coap with the extreme amount of magic that could kill her. Ofc that Ul loved her was obvious. But Ultear didnt see it that way due to what happend. Its not a bad plot.

Ultear and Meredy wont join FT i guess. Its possible but i supose not. But being in a dark guild? Truthfully Ultear wants to go back to a time she didnt hate her mother, well i supose now she doesnt hate her anymore so she got her wish. I doubt she will go do evil again. As for Meredy she doesnt realy do evil, she simply follows her foster mother Ultear and does what she wants her to do.

I think Ultear either takes the fall and goes to jail under the condition that Meredy stays out of jail or she escapes to saftey and she will make cameos now and then. Thats what i think. Finaly she could die but thats i dunno FT just doesnt excell in deaths :D

ErosVp
July 02, 2011, 12:21 PM
I'm not saying Ultear and Meredy are evil! I'm saying they are criminals and the concil will not permit they join FT, the concil will try to capture them as they did with Gerard...

ca12nag3
July 02, 2011, 12:29 PM
I'm not saying Ultear and Meredy are evil! I'm saying they are criminals and the concil will not permit they join FT, the concil will try to capture them as they did with Gerard...

in your analysis Leyon and gang, as well as Gajeel,Juvia and Laxus are criminals. I think the coucil as said earlier isnt all that just, like how they arrested Erza. A scapegoat > Hades will do fine.

ErosVp
July 02, 2011, 12:53 PM
They were never in a dark guild! They caused problems for a few people and the problem was solved internally! Luxus problem was only a trouble for his guild, Gajeel and Juvia were following orders and their Master was punished....

luffyg2
July 02, 2011, 01:34 PM
was not the best chapter that's for sure... anyway I really see Urtear coming in at the last minute in the fight vs Hades and then using Ice Shield... she will then melt and be washed away in the ocean .. joining her mother for ever...and the two of them will finally be together like they wanted

Uriel
July 02, 2011, 02:27 PM
I was dissapointed with Urtear battle. Being more powerful than Azuma, this battle was merely a joke. All of it. But oh well, let's how Hades will take all of this.

shinjiru777
July 02, 2011, 03:23 PM
It's will be more surprise when mashima could use clestial keys magic for defat this bad guy or if only this dragon belong to Natsu can arrive [he is she btw.?] OR SOMETHING! THIS IS A FU...'N MAGIC MANGA!!! >_>""" I dont want a stupid psyhical "magic" fight , we need voldemort and horcruxes >_>

Sevenheadedmirror
July 02, 2011, 04:53 PM
Not one battle lost by the good guys. Not a single freaking one to make the enemy look decent

Naruffy
July 02, 2011, 07:07 PM
Not one battle lost by the good guys. Not a single freaking one to make the enemy look decent

Hades vs Makarov, Mira vs Azuma, Rusty Rose vs Elfman and Evergreen. There's been plenty of fights to make the enemies look better. Ultear didn't lose because Gray was more powerful, she lost because of her emotions.

ShoobyDooBop
July 02, 2011, 07:24 PM
Nice chapter.
The wallpaper was nice.
So Bluenote exhausted Gildarts e?
I feel so sorry for Ultear. I have no complaints about how she was defeated since she already had a bout with Zeref. The flashback was nice.
And shit, seems like those are gonna fight Hades, Natsu, Gray and Erza. *Geez*, please Mashima, don't do a nakama shit to defeat him.

MechR
July 02, 2011, 08:12 PM
If anyone beats Hades, it won't be Team Natsu. Zeref is most likely.

I could see Makarov doing it, since Mashima's keeping him alive for something. He could pull a double-KO with the right powerup.

The Council still hasn't made their move yet either.

was not the best chapter that's for sure... anyway I really see Urtear coming in at the last minute in the fight vs Hades and then using Ice Shield... she will then melt and be washed away in the ocean .. joining her mother for ever...and the two of them will finally be together like they wantedI like this idea.

White Silver King
July 02, 2011, 09:37 PM
Hades vs Makarov, Mira vs Azuma, Rusty Rose vs Elfman and Evergreen
Apparently Makarov is "weak" (which is complete bull shit) so Hades victory isn't impressive, Azuma turned around and got nakama-fucked, and Rusty Rose opened his mouth and got double teamed by Fried and Bixlow. The whole ordeal was embarassing.

BlackHair
July 02, 2011, 11:03 PM
also hes injured from fighting the black dragon so his body might not heal back up as fast as its suposed to.There are no indication in the manga that the fight with the black dragon affected Gildartz fighting. As he came back from his mission, he was already completely healed from the fight, despite the bandages.

Apparently Makarov is "weak" (which is complete bull shit) so Hades victory isn't impressiveHades won due to his overwhelming strength. It wasn't Macrove's illness which led him to his loss. He was simply overpowered by Hades. Hades gave him a complete fodder treatment. Macrove didn't even scratch him. Just loot at him at the end of the fight, no signs of damgelines. Hades is a monster. I can't even see healed Gildarts+enitre FT (except Makarov) winning against Hades.

Let see what kind of powerup they will get to beat him. If its again that friendship bullshit, I'm done. Gazelle barely won against 2 fodders, with what everyone thought the kins are easily stronger than FT. However every kin except Asuma was a let down. Even though at the beginning of the battle Mashima went through all that hyping the kins. Heck, even the last minute character Bluenote, wasn't that biggy, considering he didn't even got his own chapter of defeat. He was defeated in one single move. Almost every battle in this arc was a huge let down. I don't get why Masima went through trouble hyping these villains. The only real deal so far is Hades. And if he is also defeated "poorly" then I'm rly done with this manga. The last couple of chapter are nothing but frustrating, I stopped enjoying the chapters months ago. The fights are way too simple, friendship wins all the time.

ghostexiled
July 02, 2011, 11:07 PM
Guys please do not flat out state you HATE this manga... literally.

Whether you are meaning to or not, it is fuel for a bashing/flaming war.

No one is forcing you to read this manga... don't like it enough to where you feel you have to state that you don't like it? Drop it!

Senseless comments that are just stating you hate/dislike the series (without a constructive view) will be deleted... there is really no point in such comments in a discussion thread.

Again I encourage people to post their opinions in a constructive manner, whether they are satisfied or disappointed. This is to allow others to be able to participate in what you have to say.

It really is not that hard to do.

I created this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/71264-Weak-Points-In-the-Fairy-Tail-Series?p=2520972#post2520972) for the members that wish to discuss the shortcomings of FT... please use that thread rather than clog the discussion thread up. Make sure to READ and FOLLOW the rules of that thread.

Zeltrax
July 02, 2011, 11:15 PM
I agree that fairy tail may be overusing the friendship theme and stuff like that,
but it is enjoyable and I like reading it despite its shortcomings.
Mashima seems to at least be making an effort when he decided to put erza, gray and natsu against hades
instead of natsu again. He knows the power levels he made will topple over if natsu beats hades so that's
the reason why gray and erza is there, at least that's how I feel.
They are now indeed fairy tail's strongest team and natsu is really strong, he's that guy that defeated zero alone.

I'm still looking forward to what natsu will do, over the past chapters he had been showing various faces
that makes me think he is in some kind of deep thought or something.
Pretty sure that Bluenote was put into the arc to battle and drain all the strength from Gildartz so that meant
that Mashima planned for natsu and the rest to bring hades down from the start.

I'm trying to be fair to Mashima.

Kauia
July 02, 2011, 11:48 PM
Love the chapter. Lucy's so cute in the cover.

I love the chapter its good I tell you. Wow, the thing about Ur being mad about her Mom's pretty cool.

On the other side, I think everyone just gets frustrated because they have to wait a week before reading a new chapter. If a person reads the whole arc, I don't think they'd be saying things like that. that's that. Just enjoy reading and don't overload yourself. You'll burn. Ghostexiled's right. Please don't post on how you don't like this chapter or anything like that. It's a thread about predictions. Its annoying when you want to discuss predict and you turn it too on how the chapter sucks, nakama power, etc.

Moving forward....

Someone in the forum said something about the institution connected to the magic guild. Makes me wonder, there could be an arc about a fight between FT and the magic guild. If it is, that'll be sooooo epic.

Looking at Gray, Natsu and Erza's face is sooo epic. I can't wait for the next chapter.

In the Luxus arc, It was commented (Sorry, I can't spell her name) that Makarov doesn't have long to live. I believe its correct to assume that Makarov lost easily because of his condition.

I don't think Fairy tail would win. I'll stick to the fact that Hades would defeat FT. Possibly Zeref would interfere who could actually be Mavis as someone said so himself. But that chapters away.

The three: Natsu, Gray and Erza, could be the attacking team. Lucy I think would be there as well to say something or inform about the whole main source of magic. Hopefully, there'll be a revelation about Layla, Lucy, Natsu, Zeref and the dragons. I wonder if Zeref would say or look when he and Lucy finally see each other?

It's oh-so-exciting. :D

Atobe the king
July 03, 2011, 12:08 AM
@Kauia I find reading in bulk adds a different perspective and makes things more enjoyable, i started FT this year and started reading before this current arc actually, meaning i read from chapter 1 to alternate world arc in a few days and i never felt bored of FT at all. Still don't i just take it for what it is.

I agree with the others saying it will be Zeref who saves the day, the trio is exhausted, they have no (logical) shot at winning this.

amen ghost

Faust Lim
July 03, 2011, 12:50 AM
I just had a great thought!
Well, I was thinking that if the "perfect" magic world came to pass and Ultear got her time travelling powers.
Then, I thought what if the scene with Romeo wasn't the past or future but an ALTERNATE REALITY.
A reality which exist due to Ultear's meddling in time where Romeo carries the future of Fairy Tail.
In the current reality I presume, Hades has killed all the fairy tails and Ultear tries to repent or make up to them by trying to alter the past.

This is just a thought, but It will be great if it really happens!

EDIT: Btw, great chapter. For those who think this chapter sucks and cant comprehend those who liked this chapter, suck it up cos' we dont get you guys either

Kauia
July 03, 2011, 02:19 AM
That sounds a little like RM if you ask me in a different way of course. I don't know about Hades killing everyone in Fairy tail where Romeo's the one leading.

Another arc where Natsu, Gray, Lucy and Erza travelling by for some odd reason in an alternate future's interesting. But it sounds unlikely to happen. Though what you say really something fun to read as long FT's self proclaimed strongest team's there. If they had a team name, I'd call them the Atomic Bomb team. They do destroy something in every mission they take.

I didn't expect Ultear to lose. I thought she'd be on a tie at least. But I find her past interesting, the way the fight went on was great. I think the three: NGE are aware that they may lose; maybe not Erza nor Natsu, still, they'll fight but lose. Before the three of them die, Zeref would interfere and all hell breaks loose.

I hope they finally say what the source of magic is all about.

I'm such a random type of person.

White Silver King
July 03, 2011, 10:34 AM
Hades won due to his overwhelming strength. It wasn't Macrove's illness which led him to his loss. He was simply overpowered by Hades. Hades gave him a complete fodder treatment. Macrove didn't even scratch him. Just loot at him at the end of the fight, no signs of damgelines. Hades is a monster. I can't even see healed Gildarts+enitre FT (except Makarov) winning against Hades.
That particular statement was meant to be laced with sarcasm, sorry if that didn't come across. I, personally, wasn't taking anything away from Hades' victory. I fully believe that he won because his magical power is just so immense, not because Makarov is "weak". There were just people saying that Makarov is all weak because he's sick which is the complete opposite of what we've seen in the manga (except for Laxus and that was for plot purposes because if Makarov was set loose there wouldn't have been an arc and Mashima wouldn't have been able to service Natsu). Is Makarov old? Yes. Is he sick? To an extent. But is Makarov weak? No way in hell. A weak man wouldn't be able to wipe out the entire second strongest guild in Fiore single-handedly with a single move.

Uriel
July 03, 2011, 11:32 AM
Something we haven't asked yet...What's the true relation between Zeref and Magic Core? If I'm not wrong, Zeref did lived and it wasn't exactly what they call the golden age of magic.

Why him? I hope Mashima reveals that soon.

Ifrit
July 03, 2011, 11:54 AM
to RaveDragon - maybe Zeref is Mavis! :p
Just so you know this would be really good...I knida like the idea and I pointed it be4 for Zeref to be a FT member or even the starter of it.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Something we haven't asked yet...What's the true relation between Zeref and Magic Core? If I'm not wrong, Zeref did lived and it wasn't exactly what they call the golden age of magic.

He is the Source of magic I think ( Zeref )

Vaste Lorde
July 03, 2011, 02:42 PM
There are no indication in the manga that the fight with the black dragon affected Gildartz fighting. As he came back from his mission, he was already completely healed from the fight, despite the bandages.

He may be healed but it does not mean he is as strong if not stronger than before. Missing limbs + organ? to me that sounds about as limited as it gets, you don't need a manga to indicate that; if hes human than a missing limb Will affect him, its common sense.

I think Everyone is hyping Hades. People complain after when someone who is not expected to beat him does like Natsu. Yes I will agree that the friendship is getting out of hand, its being used quite often now.

I understand Gray has important friends who he probably considers family but using them as his strength is like an excuse, Gray should have his own reasons, well at least the author should come up with one. it gets repetitive.

1337 haxor
July 03, 2011, 07:48 PM
Now seriously, I will discuss how I see the upcoming Hades fight in details and I hope everyone enjoys it.

First of all, Hades is on a level above Gildarts, Bluenote and Makarov so don't think anything Natsu's team throws off will get to him.

I will facilitate it by dividing the fight in four rounds put in spoilers since it's very long.

Round ONE

FIGHT

In whichever circumstances they meet the obvious opponents Hades will face are Gray, Natsu, Erza and Lucy.

The first round will be introductory, Hades will tell all of Fairy Tail to throw everything the have at him and reveal that he was the former FT master.

In villaneous words:

"First I will show the strenght of the faith and friendship you hold high so much, the power of darkness, the origin of magic, comes afterwards".

Natsu, Gray and Erza will attack him with their best attacks while Lucy remains a bystander.

Hades will tank everything and remain immovable.

They will work up a super team strategy and manage to hit him but he remains unscatched much to their shock.

Hades then decides they have nothing else to show him and goes to the offensive.

He will effortlessly beat the crap out of them while demoralizing their fighting spirit by revealing some harsh truths about FT.

As he makes a move to kill the three Lucy intervenes and distracts him.

Hades is undazzled but her plan works as he turns his attention to her summoning all her celestial spirits at once.

In a brutally violent onslaught Hades curbstomps all the celestial spirits leaving only Loke whom he pins down.

He wraps Lucy in chains and tell her broken comrades that he will rip her apart before their eyes.

As Hades slowly kills Lucy Natsu goes batshit insane unleashing dragon force and blasting Hades under a massive attack.

End of Round ONE.

Round TWO

FIGHT

Natsu's half dragon state caughts Hades by surprise and engulfs him in a massive torrent of flames.

The chains retracts and Lucy is beaten but fine.

Everyone sheers at Hades aparent defeat and as they prepare to depart chains coming out of the ground impale Erza, Gray and Lucy on several points pinning them to the ground.

Natsu is shocked as he turns to Hades silhouette arising from the flames reminescent of his attack.

Hades suffered several burns and most of his clothing is gone revealing his muscular build and several seals crafted into his flesh.

Natsu stands on his feet now confident in his new power yet Hades simply appears to just have earned interest in this fight.

Hades compliments Natsu commenting how amusing that all that power were still inside him but Natsu only scoffs it off telling Hades that he is going to make him pay for what he did to his guild and Makarov.

Hades drops the smile and coldingly remarks that he had just finished showing the strenght of their bonds and that Natsu is only confident because he have never witnessed the true face of dark magic.

As the sun sets and an ominous crescent moon raises on the background Hades transforms.

A rain of black flames descends all over Tenrou Island scaring the rest of FT members on the island and tipping Gildartz off with a terrible feeling shared by Cana and Wendy.

They set off towards the battlefield.

End of Round TWO

Round THREE

FIGHT

To Natsu and his comrades dismay Hades transforms into a tall humanoid skull dragon clad in armor and chains.

Hades reveals to Natsu that he as human would have perished long ago but that by finding the essence of magic he was able to transcend his human limitations and become something more akin to a god.

He and Natsu clash but the later is now overpowered easily and thrown flying away.

Natsu desperately fires of powerful secret dragon techniques but Hades counters them with ancient magic getting to Natsu and brutally beating him in meele combat.

Erza and Gray break free and try to mount and attack but they are squashed of by a shadow chain attack and fall uncontious while Lucy desperately tries to free herself and help Natsu.

Natsu refuses to give up to Hades which in turns makes him lose his cool and pin the beaten up dragon slayer into the floor.

Hades states that Natsu's spirit might be unshakable but that of his comrades aren't, he states that Natsu is a lynchpin of hope to his guild and that as long as he lives FTs destruction will never be complete.

With that said Hades cooks up a dragon killer death ray pointing towards Natsu's head.

Lucy despairs as Hades prepares to finish Natsu once and for all, in her exhausted pinned down state she desperately reaches to her keys.

Hades finishes up charging, Natsu prepares for the worst...

In the last moment Virgo's portal opens between Natsu and Hades, Lucy barges in arms open to shield Natsu.

Loke watches in horror as Hades fires a massive dark ray of energy engulfing the two.

End of Round THREE

FINAL ROUND

FINISH

As the dragon killing attack engulfs the two Natsu's scales and power up breaks as everything goes dark.

He slowly regains his senses as his shaken vision focuses on the figure before him.

Lucy is still standing with her arms wide open and for a moment Natsu smiles in relief.

She then falls limb with a smile on her face, her chest dyed black with several burns through her body.

Natsu snaps, he desperatly tries to make her listen to him but she is cold and breatheless.

Hades ponders at her capacity to shield her friend from his attack and taunts for Natsu to get back to fighting, however, he just stands looking at Lucy's corpse with tears running down his face. His fighting spirit finally broken.

Nonchalant Hades prepares to kill the broken Natsu albeit now with more of a sense of mercy.

Before he does so a crash blasts him in the face sending him flying off.

Gildartz stands besides Natsu and tells him to leave Hades to him and to take his friends to safety.

Cana and Wendy show up previously meeting with Gildartz, they tell Natsu to bring Lucy over to them.

He rushes of to the spot while Hades raises from the smoke of Gildartz attack, Gildartz charges against him.

Loke breaks free and picks up Gray and Erza while Natsu takes Lucy, they bring them to Wendy and Cana for healing.

As they realize the conditions of Lucy, memories rush through their heads.

Natsu is in deep flashbacks over what Lucy meant for him and that if he had choose to retreat when Hades gave the chance she wouldn't have ended like that.

Cana is in deep guilt that her obsession with becoming an S class brough Lucy to her demise and ponders if Fairy Glitter can defeat Hades.

As they fall deeper into their toughts Wendy interrupts them with a scream.

"IT'S NOT HEALING!"

She is in shock, crying that Lucy's wounds are not healing and she remains cold and limb.

Wendy desperately breathes hoping that she is just lacking magical strenght while Natsu and Cana panick in further before the news.

They are however interrupted by a fast object flying past them.

Gildartz makes a harsh landing grasping the ground to regain his feet, his protesis was ripped of and his wounds have been all opened over.

Gildartz reasures them he will be fine and they must move on while Hades appears mostly unscatched complimenting on his opponent's ability to retain composture but tell that it's useless since those kids had already lost all hope. He tells that the spell he used was originally created to kill dragons and that dragon slayer magic at their level would have no effect on it.

Gildartz rushes of another time but Hades stops his attack and begins to beat him down brutaly.

As Gildartz is getting beaten the trio of FT mages lost themselves in despair, while Loke realizes something is wrong.

If Lucy was dead then why his contract with her didn't end?

As Gildartz flies of unconscious Natsu screams for Lucy to live.

Lucy begins to emanate a lot energy from her body suprising Natsu and the others as a massive pilar of light goes out from Lucy.

As the light breaks Lucy's body had turned pitch black reflecting the starless sky above.

She emits a loud shriek as the black mold in her face forms eyes and teeth of pure light and ten orbits from the zodiac constelations form around her.

Zeref awakes immediately and ponders if they had unsealed him but as a scared to death Meredy tells him otherwise.

He tells Meredy and Juvia that the massive energy shockwaves they are witnessing will destroy the world and that only he is able to stop them.

Hades is in disbelief that Lucy survived and turned into something like that but simply decides that he will finish her off.

He fires another black ray at her but she casts a shield of light with her mind dispersing the attack.

Hades is shocked but Lucy simply ports in and kicks him flying away.

He parells off and begins casting several extremely powerful attacks but Lucy is dodging them all.

Hades gets upset and fires his most powerful attack, Lucy creates claw of pure light and tears it's way through it cutting Hades down.

He falls, she stomps on his broken form and creates a cruel looking keyblade of light aiming to decapitate him.

Everyone is in disbelief pleading for her not to forget who she is.

Loke tries to call her back to her senses only to be met with a tossed keyblade impaling him dead to the spirit world.

She turns to Natsu, Wendy and Cana and begins to charge up a massive ray of light.

Natsu realizes she is unable to realize who they are and resigns himself to their impending demise.

Zeref barges in placing his hand on her shoulder, he orders her to stop.

Lucy complies.

He then performs a seal on her back and she powers down.

Lucy falls on the floor uncontious but she quickly wokes up with no memory of what had transpired.

Hades witnesses Zeref sealing Lucy and starts to have flashbacks.

As he goes through his reasons for leaving Fairy Tail and beginning his quest for darkness he realizes his wrongs but that he now knows the answers he was looking for.

Zeref's control over that being of absolute power despite being sealed could only mean one thing, Lucy held inside her the key to the origin of magic.

He apologises to Mavis and Makarov mentaly before passing out.

In the aftermath of the battle Zeref, Ultear and Meredy join Fairy Tail in leaving the island as the council fires etherion.

Meanwhile the remaining Grimmoire Heart members appear unconscious in the medical facility of a submarine with Tartarus banner.

Two shadowy figures talk to each other about the recent events of significant importance while one of them holds a set of keys in it's hands.

THE END

Kurohitsugi
July 04, 2011, 05:28 AM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/37257601/10

Don't know if it has been already mentioned but did anyone else noticed that according to Urtear, there was a Dark Guild led by Zeref in the past ? Tartarus probably ? Of which I believe Hades is a member.

Uriel
July 04, 2011, 07:46 AM
Or maybe that Dark Guild was Fairy Tail :P

kkck
July 04, 2011, 09:41 AM
Well, the revelation of zeref having a dark guild in the past is not in itself all that strange. If I recall, zeref was said to have lead a sort of war against the entire world. Even the group that tried to build the tower of paradise was supposed to be a sect that worshipped zeref. The organization that followed zeref being a guild is what makes the most sense in that regard.

To be honest the revelation which I found to be more interesting is that apparently the completition of the magical world that grimmoire heart wants would somehow complete or enhance urtear's arc of time. This is extremely important because it shows that there is more to the magical world than just the genocide of 90% of the people of the world. It is also coherent with what rustyrose said about how the magical world would help him deal with the side effects of his lost magic.

As far as hades vs makarov goes, it is quite obvious hades is an stupidly powerful mage however the issue was not necessarily one of skill or even amount of magical power. Bluenote made a point which is extremely relevant. He said that those attuned to the origin of magic can use any spell in existence which included the enormously complicated fairy glitter. Hades stated he saw the origin of magic and he showed an unnatural speed when it came to using spells which makarov implied were immensely complicated. In that regard what won the fight was not necessarily that hades in itself had more magic or skill but rather that he could use extremely powerful spells without the preparation that they would normally require.

Atobe the king
July 04, 2011, 11:29 AM
Something interesting i saw on loltvtropes....puts the whole arc into perspective for me though its a bit outdated. Based on the way the person wrote it i picture the samething happening here, the trio will actually own Hades.....to an extent

Gazille, nearly killing himself in the process, defeats the first arriving Grimoir Heart members? These are only scouts, the real enemy fighting force, Seven Kin of Purgatory, are far more powerful. Makarov gets serious from the beginning and nearly destroys Grimour Heart's airship? The airship is restored in seconds and guildmaster Hades steps up to curbstomp Makarov. Fairy Tail members on the island miraculously manage to defeat most of the Seven Kin? Hades' second-in-command, Bluenote, steps in and blows most of those still standing away with no effort. Kana manages to bring the secret magic of Fairy Tail, Fairy Glitter, to bear against Bluenote? It doesn't work because he's just that much more powerful than her. Gildartz, Fried and Bixlow return to the island and seem to be overpowering Grimoir Hear members for a moment? Azuma seizes control of the island's magic, so that instead of protecting Fairy Tail members from death, if instead drains their power? Erza confronts Azuma, Azuma is Blood Knight enough to battle her fair and square, Erza is backed by Power Of Friendship, because the entire confrontation hinges on this duel, Erza puts her everything into one decisive attack, disregarding defense... And despite all the standard signals, indicating that the villain is about to lose, Azuma still wins.

LoS
July 04, 2011, 11:50 AM
Haxor, your scenario seems much too dark for Fairy Tail, we haven't seen anything near that through 200+ chapters

Makarov does nothing the entire time... and Zeref isn't evil and only seals up Lucy, without Hades and an evil Zeref you no longer have any villain of Fairy Tail

RaveDragon
July 04, 2011, 12:00 PM
He is the Source of magic I think ( Zeref )

I think he's just part of it like he's the yin and someone else is the yang ^^but yeah thats the basic idea

he's bound to do his story right? I mean he's Zeref who knows Natsu so he'll give it to us, btw in Edolas wasnt he Hughes so that might give us some hints on him :/

Now seriously, I will discuss how I see the upcoming Hades fight in details and I hope everyone enjoys it.

First of all, Hades is on a level above Gildarts, Bluenote and Makarov so don't think anything Natsu's team throws off will get to him.

I will facilitate it by dividing the fight in four rounds put in spoilers since it's very long.

Round ONE

FIGHT

In whichever circumstances they meet the obvious opponents Hades will face are Gray, Natsu, Erza and Lucy.

The first round will be introductory, Hades will tell all of Fairy Tail to throw everything the have at him and reveal that he was the former FT master.

In villaneous words:

"First I will show the strenght of the faith and friendship you hold high so much, the power of darkness, the origin of magic, comes afterwards".

Natsu, Gray and Erza will attack him with their best attacks while Lucy remains a bystander.

Hades will tank everything and remain immovable.

They will work up a super team strategy and manage to hit him but he remains unscatched much to their shock.

Hades then decides they have nothing else to show him and goes to the offensive.

He will effortlessly beat the crap out of them while demoralizing their fighting spirit by revealing some harsh truths about FT.

As he makes a move to kill the three Lucy intervenes and distracts him.

Hades is undazzled but her plan works as he turns his attention to her summoning all her celestial spirits at once.

In a brutally violent onslaught Hades curbstomps all the celestial spirits leaving only Loke whom he pins down.

He wraps Lucy in chains and tell her broken comrades that he will rip her apart before their eyes.

As Hades slowly kills Lucy Natsu goes batshit insane unleashing dragon force and blasting Hades under a massive attack.

End of Round ONE.

Round TWO

FIGHT

Natsu's half dragon state caughts Hades by surprise and engulfs him in a massive torrent of flames.

The chains retracts and Lucy is beaten but fine.

Everyone sheers at Hades aparent defeat and as they prepare to depart chains coming out of the ground impale Erza, Gray and Lucy on several points pinning them to the ground.

Natsu is shocked as he turns to Hades silhouette arising from the flames reminescent of his attack.

Hades suffered several burns and most of his clothing is gone revealing his muscular build and several seals crafted into his flesh.

Natsu stands on his feet now confident in his new power yet Hades simply appears to just have earned interest in this fight.

Hades compliments Natsu commenting how amusing that all that power were still inside him but Natsu only scoffs it off telling Hades that he is going to make him pay for what he did to his guild and Makarov.

Hades drops the smile and coldingly remarks that he had just finished showing the strenght of their bonds and that Natsu is only confident because he have never witnessed the true face of dark magic.

As the sun sets and an ominous crescent moon raises on the background Hades transforms.

A rain of black flames descends all over Tenrou Island scaring the rest of FT members on the island and tipping Gildartz off with a terrible feeling shared by Cana and Wendy.

They set off towards the battlefield.

End of Round TWO

Round THREE

FIGHT

To Natsu and his comrades dismay Hades transforms into a tall humanoid skull dragon clad in armor and chains.

Hades reveals to Natsu that he as human would have perished long ago but that by finding the essence of magic he was able to transcend his human limitations and become something more akin to a god.

He and Natsu clash but the later is now overpowered easily and thrown flying away.

Natsu desperately fires of powerful secret dragon techniques but Hades counters them with ancient magic getting to Natsu and brutally beating him in meele combat.

Erza and Gray break free and try to mount and attack but they are squashed of by a shadow chain attack and fall uncontious while Lucy desperately tries to free herself and help Natsu.

Natsu refuses to give up to Hades which in turns makes him lose his cool and pin the beaten up dragon slayer into the floor.

Hades states that Natsu's spirit might be unshakable but that of his comrades aren't, he states that Natsu is a lynchpin of hope to his guild and that as long as he lives FTs destruction will never be complete.

With that said Hades cooks up a dragon killer death ray pointing towards Natsu's head.

Lucy despairs as Hades prepares to finish Natsu once and for all, in her exhausted pinned down state she desperately reaches to her keys.

Hades finishes up charging, Natsu prepares for the worst...

In the last moment Virgo's portal opens between Natsu and Hades, Lucy barges in arms open to shield Natsu.

Loke watches in horror as Hades fires a massive dark ray of energy engulfing the two.

End of Round THREE

FINAL ROUND

FINISH

As the dragon killing attack engulfs the two Natsu's scales and power up breaks as everything goes dark.

He slowly regains his senses as his shaken vision focuses on the figure before him.

Lucy is still standing with her arms wide open and for a moment Natsu smiles in relief.

She then falls limb with a smile on her face, her chest dyed black with several burns through her body.

Natsu snaps, he desperatly tries to make her listen to him but she is cold and breatheless.

Hades ponders at her capacity to shield her friend from his attack and taunts for Natsu to get back to fighting, however, he just stands looking at Lucy's corpse with tears running down his face. His fighting spirit finally broken.

Nonchalant Hades prepares to kill the broken Natsu albeit now with more of a sense of mercy.

Before he does so a crash blasts him in the face sending him flying off.

Gildartz stands besides Natsu and tells him to leave Hades to him and to take his friends to safety.

Cana and Wendy show up previously meeting with Gildartz, they tell Natsu to bring Lucy over to them.

He rushes of to the spot while Hades raises from the smoke of Gildartz attack, Gildartz charges against him.

Loke breaks free and picks up Gray and Erza while Natsu takes Lucy, they bring them to Wendy and Cana for healing.

As they realize the conditions of Lucy, memories rush through their heads.

Natsu is in deep flashbacks over what Lucy meant for him and that if he had choose to retreat when Hades gave the chance she wouldn't have ended like that.

Cana is in deep guilt that her obsession with becoming an S class brough Lucy to her demise and ponders if Fairy Glitter can defeat Hades.

As they fall deeper into their toughts Wendy interrupts them with a scream.

"IT'S NOT HEALING!"

She is in shock, crying that Lucy's wounds are not healing and she remains cold and limb.

Wendy desperately breathes hoping that she is just lacking magical strenght while Natsu and Cana panick in further before the news.

They are however interrupted by a fast object flying past them.

Gildartz makes a harsh landing grasping the ground to regain his feet, his protesis was ripped of and his wounds have been all opened over.

Gildartz reasures them he will be fine and they must move on while Hades appears mostly unscatched complimenting on his opponent's ability to retain composture but tell that it's useless since those kids had already lost all hope. He tells that the spell he used was originally created to kill dragons and that dragon slayer magic at their level would have no effect on it.

Gildartz rushes of another time but Hades stops his attack and begins to beat him down brutaly.

As Gildartz is getting beaten the trio of FT mages lost themselves in despair, while Loke realizes something is wrong.

If Lucy was dead then why his contract with her didn't end?

As Gildartz flies of unconscious Natsu screams for Lucy to live.

Lucy begins to emanate a lot energy from her body suprising Natsu and the others as a massive pilar of light goes out from Lucy.

As the light breaks Lucy's body had turned pitch black reflecting the starless sky above.

She emits a loud shriek as the black mold in her face forms eyes and teeth of pure light and ten orbits from the zodiac constelations form around her.

Zeref awakes immediately and ponders if they had unsealed him but as a scared to death Meredy tells him otherwise.

He tells Meredy and Juvia that the massive energy shockwaves they are witnessing will destroy the world and that only he is able to stop them.

Hades is in disbelief that Lucy survived and turned into something like that but simply decides that he will finish her off.

He fires another black ray at her but she casts a shield of light with her mind dispersing the attack.

Hades is shocked but Lucy simply ports in and kicks him flying away.

He parells off and begins casting several extremely powerful attacks but Lucy is dodging them all.

Hades gets upset and fires his most powerful attack, Lucy creates claw of pure light and tears it's way through it cutting Hades down.

He falls, she stomps on his broken form and creates a cruel looking keyblade of light aiming to decapitate him.

Everyone is in disbelief pleading for her not to forget who she is.

Loke tries to call her back to her senses only to be met with a tossed keyblade impaling him dead to the spirit world.

She turns to Natsu, Wendy and Cana and begins to charge up a massive ray of light.

Natsu realizes she is unable to realize who they are and resigns himself to their impending demise.

Zeref barges in placing his hand on her shoulder, he orders her to stop.

Lucy complies.

He then performs a seal on her back and she powers down.

Lucy falls on the floor uncontious but she quickly wokes up with no memory of what had transpired.

Hades witnesses Zeref sealing Lucy and starts to have flashbacks.

As he goes through his reasons for leaving Fairy Tail and beginning his quest for darkness he realizes his wrongs but that he now knows the answers he was looking for.

Zeref's control over that being of absolute power despite being sealed could only mean one thing, Lucy held inside her the key to the origin of magic.

He apologises to Mavis and Makarov mentaly before passing out.

In the aftermath of the battle Zeref, Ultear and Meredy join Fairy Tail in leaving the island as the council fires etherion.

Meanwhile the remaining Grimmoire Heart members appear unconscious in the medical facility of a submarine with Tartarus banner.

Two shadowy figures talk to each other about the recent events of significant importance while one of them holds a set of keys in it's hands.

THE END

Wow, seriously WOW but its too dark for Ft i could see something in these lines happening more drama less violent more sappy and yeah nice xD but like Los said Zeref would be evil so maybe Lucy accidentally breaks the seal?

cartoonfreak
July 04, 2011, 03:45 PM
The post before me was epic. Props to that kind of imagination and intel about Fairy Tail. It seems like that would happen but i can't see that happen now. Lucy has more keys to collect and I think its too early to really see her in action like that yet. I could see that happen preceding the final arc of the manga though when the Dragons come into play.

"My thoughts of the future will be that everyone will face off against Hades... but get their collective asses handed to them.

Including Glidartz...

I still have a feeling that Zeref will awaken and do him in. Nothing says EVIL like killing the one that is trying to use you for his own EVIL desires."

I would have to most likely agree with this post. There are a few more dark guilds left so I see Lucy playing a part further into the manga. I REALLY HOPE THERE IS A TWIST TO THIS ARC THOUGH. this arc has been way too disappointing. Erza winning the way she did and Ultear practically giving up was terrible. I also expected much more intense coverage of the battle between Gildartz and Bluenote. The arc has very disappointing ending so I think there will a huge twist to this plot at the end of it all to make up for the battles.

My idea is that the Natsu, Grey and Erza plus Lucy and Cana will fight Hades. Hades will first knock out Melody and take Zeref and tell Ultear he know she'd betray him and it was him that took her away from his mother. She gets angry and tries to attack him but gets knocked out instantly. They will get beat in the beginning and combine to do some attack that leave Hades unscratched and just have his clothes ripped off just like Rave dragon said. Hades knocks out everybody and Natsu is the only one conscious. There i think it Natsu tries to battle him but is beaten for a chapter, when suddenly Laxus comes. The both of them battle together against Hades and do massive damage but at the end still get beaten. Just when they seem like theyre about to finished off, Makarov comes to their rescue. He does his become giant magic thing and tells all of fairy tail to leave the island right away and that he'll take care of this. They scream no, but just like in One Piece with Whitebeard he tells them he is their children and this is his job. He tells Laxus he is the next guild master for Fairy Tail and tells him and Gildartz to take care of everyone.

The council person gets everyone together and everyone on the island including Melody and Ultear are teleported away except for Zeref, Mavis and Makarov. They have an epic battle where they both send out Fairy Law and you see a whole explosion. Scene cut to everyone crying when theyre back home and Laxus gives an epic speech to tell everyone to get stronger so nothing like this ever happens again. Ultear and Melody are allowed to leave and do their own thing. Another scene cut to where you see Zeref floating in the water and is picked up by a floating boat run by none other......yes, Laxus's father and Makarov's son, Ivan Dreyer.

LoS
July 04, 2011, 09:59 PM
Ultear and Melody are allowed to leave and do their own thing.

The council might have something different to say...

1337 haxor
July 04, 2011, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the reps exactly as planned. :nod

Way too dark? Idk, the way how Hades dealt with Makarov, how Mirajane went down and in the end everyone was fine inspite of the tension killers.

My scenario only ended with Hades dead while the only ones aware of Lucy's transformation were Zeref, Natsu, Wendy and Cana.

It was sort of a hook up because Lucy certainly has more than meets the eye and she is by far the only one who has shown connection to the essence of magic.

As much as Zeref is the death handler, I don't think he should awake now unless for a brief moment.

Good Zeref needs build up, I can see Mashima working a way for Natsu's confrontation with him in the end being all the more dramatic if there was a previous bond formed between the two.

It also paves way for the last arc where Zeref will combine Lucy's powers with his own to try and reshape the world.

The dragons would sort of be forced under his control through the origin of magic and the rest is history.

As for Makarov I don't expect him to do much more in this arc, he is already near dead and it would be better if his epic moment was saved for the final confrontation with Ivan.

If there is a thing Mashima does well is introducing a character only to discuss his story (focusing an arc on him/her) later and this arc belongs to Cana and Ultear so far.

Also, in regards to Zeref, Ultear and Meredy on FT you can say that next arc FT will be labeled a dark guild so screw the council.

Syphin
July 05, 2011, 04:46 AM
Also, in regards to Zeref, Ultear and Meredy on FT you can say that next arc FT will be labeled a dark guild so screw the council.
I like the way you think =) - I never did like the Magic Council.

Great theories and potential developments you came up with as to how the Hades fight could unfold, found them enjoyable to read (and it did help spark more thinking on my part as to how Fairy Tail could develop).

Kauia
July 05, 2011, 05:54 PM
Who knows, maybe there'll be an arc between fairy tail and the magic council. Someday. I think.

If Laxus succeeds his as a master, I think there has be sort of a fight or battle in an arc;a different one, not this one, where he will prove himself to be a capable leader worth for fairy tail. Possibly, it could be an arc where Raven guild is involved.

Hades is a big problem but what about the Magic Council? Their threat to fire etherion is still there. Wonder if it'll be stopped? If not maybe the island will do something or Zeref's anger, wherein the one shown in Charle's vision will finally happen.

RaveDragon
July 06, 2011, 03:44 AM
Who knows, maybe there'll be an arc between fairy tail and the magic council. Someday. I think.

If Laxus succeeds his as a master, I think there has be sort of a fight or battle in an arc;a different one, not this one, where he will prove himself to be a capable leader worth for fairy tail. Possibly, it could be an arc where Raven guild is involved.

Hades is a big problem but what about the Magic Council? Their threat to fire etherion is still there. Wonder if it'll be stopped? If not maybe the island will do something or Zeref's anger, wherein the one shown in Charle's vision will finally happen.

Laxus becoming master instantly i doubt it but i think he would be like master in training or something until he gets the guilds respect and understanding again fully

Mest took the communication globe thingy from the ship which is utterly destroyed thus we can safely assume that etherion cannot be fired until they get it back and i dont think they feel like going onto the island to do that with all the stuff happening...it is the council we're talking about

It is possible they are there just so they can give support to ft after they see what a great guild blablabla they are and see what they lost so that they dont disband it. even if they disband FT im pretty sure theyd become a 'dark guild' and keep on working to get back thier honor anyway like someone mentioned before. But yes Ft vs MC is bound to happen it has been foreshadowed several times since the start.

Charle's vision only has natsu crying again though...it must be a big loss to make him cry and not angry :/ I think angry zeref has been done already

ca12nag3
July 06, 2011, 07:52 AM

How would kicking peoples asses prove Laxus is capable of leading a guild? FT acording to Makarov is a family. You care for your family and friends. Love and friendship is what FT is about in this model. So in order for Laxus to seriously aim for FT master he has to protect and care for him fellow comrads. Especially those in FT ofc.

That does not always include kicking peoples asses. Since the position of FT master is more or less a father to all in FT. Can he do that? Just asspulling the idea that he can just jump in and save the day and then Makarov kicks the bucket does not make him FT master.

As for the plot now i say its very much possible we get a 3 on 1 with Erza,Natsu and Gray vs Hades. But i got a funny feeling that something will happen to Juvia. After all shes following Meledy who carries Zeref. If Hades finds them Juvia is on her own. And since shes injured but feels obligated to do what Gray told her to do.
I just hope not but its possible she will get hurt.

ShoobyDooBop
July 08, 2011, 08:44 AM
How would kicking peoples asses prove Laxus is capable of leading a guild? FT acording to Makarov is a family. You care for your family and friends. Love and friendship is what FT is about in this model. So in order for Laxus to seriously aim for FT master he has to protect and care for him fellow comrads. Especially those in FT ofc.

That does not always include kicking peoples asses. Since the position of FT master is more or less a father to all in FT. Can he do that? Just asspulling the idea that he can just jump in and save the day and then Makarov kicks the bucket does not make him FT master.

As for the plot now i say its very much possible we get a 3 on 1 with Erza,Natsu and Gray vs Hades. But i got a funny feeling that something will happen to Juvia. After all shes following Meledy who carries Zeref. If Hades finds them Juvia is on her own. And since shes injured but feels obligated to do what Gray told her to do.
I just hope not but its possible she will get hurt.

Hey, Laxus cares for the guild and the others that's why his Fairy Law didn't do anything. But ofc he has to do something, atoning for his sins and say some good lines just like Makarov.

Where does it state that you have to be father-like in order to be master?

One time, Makarov thought about those three considering retirement but the three of them isn't suited since he thought Erza is young, Mystogan lacks of communication and Laxus, his attitude. But now his attitude has changed so only thing left is for atonement. He even thought Laxus as one to inherit his will.

ghostexiled
July 08, 2011, 10:02 AM
Guys please know that there is a thread that is dedicated to any discussions about the Next Master of the Guild.

Please try to post your thoughts and opinions about the latest chapter and what you think will come in the following chapters in this thread.

Thanks!