PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Smash! by Saki Kaori

xxept0
December 29, 2006, 12:41 AM
Has anybody heard of this manga? Even the raws would be really helpful. I've been anticipating this manga for quite a while but still not a whiff of it. I'm not sure, but it used to be published in a now discontinued magazine, and now the same authoress is publishing it in shounen jump as a spiffing new manga.

If anybody has any idea about it, please give me a heads up!

rankgain
January 01, 2007, 11:52 PM
No idea, if it is in WSJ, then it should of been dumped by The Touch here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=2741.0 I don't think it's there though. Sorry. :(

manu
January 02, 2007, 06:21 PM
its in Shonen Magazine, some raws could be found here http://gailin24px.free.fr/raw/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=19&Itemid=47

rankgain
January 02, 2007, 07:26 PM
its in Shonen Magazine, some raws could be found here http://gailin24px.free.fr/raw/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=19&Itemid=47

Whoa, I found that site before, but I didn't know how to use it... Some weird language...

xxept0
January 13, 2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks so much for the sites! It's a shame nobody is translating/scanlating it.. :(

-hopes and waits patiently-

Edit: :o And it's the same magazine as some pretty good mangas like Hajime no Ippo and Fairy Tail.

rankgain
January 14, 2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks so much for the sites! It's a shame nobody is translating/scanlating it.. :(

-hopes and waits patiently-

Edit: :o And it's the same magazine as some pretty good mangas like Hajime no Ippo and Fairy Tail.

Well, it's badminton. It doesnt have action and fast paced games that most scanlated sports mangas possess. >.>

xxept0
January 15, 2007, 06:52 AM
Tennis and Ping Pong are quite similar sports. Badminton has a faster pace than tennis and more power factor than Ping Pong. Also, I heard that it's much more realistic than PoT and Ping Pong club. As in, nobody is going to fly up to the middle of the stadium from the court when smashed.

As a badminton fan, it's going to seem bias to me. :darn

mttinhy
January 18, 2007, 12:30 AM
if it does have flying moves, i'd love to learn as a badminton player myself :p

LoktarOgar
January 19, 2007, 02:55 PM
OH MY GOD

*faints*

I quit badminton a couple of years ago because I got sick of it (after playing it for over half my life), but other than some old 80's game, I've never heard of any badminton anime/manga/game

rankgain
January 19, 2007, 04:44 PM
I'm also quite interested in badminton and it would be great if it gets scanlated, but I doubt it. :(

LoktarOgar
January 20, 2007, 12:44 PM
Some of the people at that board did the first chapter:

http://rapidshare.com/files/11255123/Smash__ch01_BS.zip.html

It's quite nice, but...it looks and feels as though it was drawn by a chick.

rankgain
January 20, 2007, 09:01 PM
Which board? And thanks for the link.

After reading it, I'll have to agree... Shouta looks like a girl with short hair. His eyes are... shoujo-y. :p
[br]Posted on: January 20, 2007, 05:44:54 PM_________________________________________________SendSpace link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/69n607
For those who hate RapidShare, like me. :darn

LoktarOgar
January 21, 2007, 11:38 AM
The board that's linked to in the first page of this topic. It's on the 2nd page of the topic on that site.

ttxdragon
January 21, 2007, 12:19 PM
that manga looks very interesting, would be the first sportsmanga i read since some time...
i hope it really doesn't go all high'n'mighty-the-ball-get's-destroyed-by-single-hit style...

i kinda like the drawing style... what i thought it resembles the most is some h-mangas, but at least the girls don't have extreme boobs in here >.<

all in all, I WANT MORE! :yelling

xxept0
January 26, 2007, 12:58 AM
LoktarOgar, I don't get which site you're talking about. Will it be too much of a bother if you post up the direct link, please?

But thanks so much for the scanlation link! I'm so excited some people are showing interest in this manga!

LoktarOgar
January 26, 2007, 05:19 PM
It <i>would</i> be too much of a bother considering you've already visited the site -_-;

ttxdragon
January 26, 2007, 05:29 PM
It <i>would</i> be too much of a bother considering you've already visited the site -_-;

i just took a look, and for people that not exactly know french it is really hard to find...
plus, their affiliation with the ritual scan forge forums is kinda... little-mentioned (on the index on the total bottom is the link)
and if you don't know french, then it's even harder to find scanlations for less talked about manga....
not to make you bad, but it wasn't exactly obvious where to find forums there...
http://www.mangas-fr.com/forums/

and thanks for posting about the first chapter being scanlated loktar, really appreciated :)

xxept0
January 26, 2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks. :) Really, i tried looking for the forums but couldn't find it. Sorry for the trouble. Anyway, I'll blindly navigate myself around until I find words which make sense to me!

Aah, but i can't wait for the next scanlation. The first manga resembles the first one quite a bit. I don't think the authoress changed it too much. So far nobody has pulled super-powered-smashes or anything like that yet! Hopefully it'll keep up with its realistic pace. Otherwise, we'll have another PoT in our hands.

Nabari
February 15, 2007, 05:02 PM
O.o A badminton manga? Sweet.~
My parents used to play badminton and got me to practice when I was little, but they never explained how to play. :darn

aenemic
March 12, 2007, 02:01 PM
give me some more chapters pleease :P Badminton <3

pezyuan
March 26, 2007, 01:25 AM
the second chapter has been released on
http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39239&page=6
should be 6th page or so...
btw.. i am actually the leader of [Bado-Scans] the scanlator group who scanlates the manga i was wondering if anyone could help me get scans of chapters 5 and up :p :p

chopa
March 28, 2007, 02:03 PM
THANKS alot for the 2nd chap!

LoktarOgar
April 06, 2007, 06:37 PM
Schweet

aenemic
April 30, 2007, 07:36 AM
Yay, 2nd chapter :D Thanks alot!! :)

amar_kun
April 30, 2007, 06:18 PM
yeah.. at last.. a BADMINTON MANGA!! thanks a bunch! XD

purplerose_04
May 25, 2007, 10:59 PM
wow this is awesome...a badminton manga....how kool... too bad it not as popular as other sport manga and it doesn't get a lot of attention...

LoktarOgar
May 28, 2007, 06:34 PM
*bides his time*

aenemic
June 01, 2007, 06:42 PM
Any news on the 3rd chapter? :) Loving badminton manga! :D

Babii-Boo
August 01, 2007, 01:41 PM
Oooh I was just browsing through the manga dropdown and accidentally clicked on here. ^_^ What coincidence lol anyways heres chapter 3:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2b2b62284afd39c4bce20734ceb09300c74a3b4fe6a505be

Urh, it includes chapter 1, 2 and 3 separately.

chopa
August 02, 2007, 10:48 AM
Thank you very much Babii-Boo

Kingkid
September 09, 2007, 12:38 AM
The ddl link i found above isn't the title for Smash!, it is Yamato no Hane by the same artist. Yamato no Hane is Badminton manga as well and it's complete in 4 volumes?

Edit: removed the ddl link

Barrin
September 11, 2007, 02:27 PM
If there's someone who would translate the Chapters, i could try to scanlate them.
(at the moment i got the RAWs of chapters 10 - 38)

edit 17.09.:
seems like no one has the interest in translating smash!

if someone has the RAWs of chapter 4-9 or is willing to translate some chapters please pm me

pezyuan
October 02, 2007, 03:10 PM
hey pezyuan from bado scans here. Me and my friend will release LQ versions of the 1st few chapters of Yamato no Hane. If anyone wants to help translate it'll be a great help and we can get more done quicker

DarkPaladin56
October 31, 2007, 01:07 AM
What the. This is Yamato no Hane?
I read the first Chapter that I obtained from the MediaFire link, it's Completely different from how it began in the volumes, unless I'm mistaking something here.

I own the four volumes of the manga. Got em when I visited Japan last year. Read them all, barely, it seemed kind of boring... It's not that popular from what I know. It was also hard to find in the stores in Japan too.

EDIT: Nvm. I just read more of the posts LOL, my mistake. But yes, Two different badminton mangas, Smash! and Yamato no Hane.
I anyone wants me to send scans of the 4 volumes, PM me.

Senbonzakura
April 25, 2008, 10:58 AM
He, I've already posted on the Raw Request trhread but then I found this little one here ;)

I've been looking for the raws of this. There are 7 vols out there and many chaps. I only managed to get some random chapters from the area of chaps 001~030 that were osted over the previously mentioned thread. I'd appreciate it if someone that had either the vols or even the chaps to share. Thnx in advance.

SabiQ
May 03, 2008, 09:26 PM
have u tried this place: http://raw-manga.aceboard.fr/
u can try asking for it, as the people seem to have everything =/

Zatono
June 27, 2010, 05:43 PM
It's a shame that this thread has been buried under so many others. This is a decent manga that I picked up a few days ago, and it made me want to keep reading it. Sure, it's basically romance and badminton, but I think it's a good read since it kept me interested.

Only about 50 something chapters are on Onemanga right now, but I think some scanlation group might of picked it up. It's a lot more realistic then PoT and other sports mangas as well.