PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 242 Discussion

ghostexiled
July 02, 2011, 02:42 AM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/71246-Fairy-Tail-242-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

Ghost0Ninja
July 08, 2011, 02:24 PM
Verification: Confirmed
Source: Mcanime.net
Credits: LordRyus

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/th_12ab282ab74c2598e7cd4006.jpg (http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/?action=view&current=12ab282ab74c2598e7cd4006.jpg)http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/th_f28513aed794b3ae7dd92a05.jpg (http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/?action=view&current=f28513aed794b3ae7dd92a05.jpg)http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/th_3e65987e0765176a29388a06.jpg (http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/?action=view&current=3e65987e0765176a29388a06.jpg)

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/2bf66989857597f6a5c27205.jpg
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/2e6e1e45427e49e0b3b7dc06.jpg
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/68ba0cdfb5c9c13acdbf1a06.jpg
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/12ab282ab74c2598e7cd4006.jpg
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/da94ddd1584881eda1ec9c07.jpg
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/988c070f7aa0448537d12207.jpg

lordoffantasy
July 08, 2011, 03:19 PM
interesting spoilers. it seems zeref has had another life sucking magic attack. and it looks like zanrow was caught in it. oh dear, i think that guy is dead. looks like meredy and juvia were not enveloped in it, though.
wait, i have had an apifiney. is the reason why zeref is alive, and youthful, because of hsi inability to control that magic? does he continue on by abposrbing the life of other things.

sarutobi_sensei
July 08, 2011, 08:38 PM
Oh boy, judging from the spoilers, they really intend on fighting them. I only wish that Zeref gets there and he's the one to take down Hades.

Keino
July 08, 2011, 11:49 PM
Chapter 242 on mangastream (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/77915746/1)

kuroSaki_Ichi
July 09, 2011, 12:23 AM
nice. first time seeing zeref kill a human.

MonsterEnvy
July 09, 2011, 12:33 AM
I feal kind of robbed that a bridge was just dropped on Zancrow there

Mashiro_Luna
July 09, 2011, 12:48 AM
Yeah, Zancrow was my favorite Kin and he got killed just like that, but at least they finally killed someone outright too bad it wasn't a good guy.

Zeltrax
July 09, 2011, 12:53 AM
There we have it, on the last page of this chapter.
Our S-Class fairy tail cadets.

I kindda pity zancrow, I did find him a cool character and how sad, to be killed like a fodder :p

This chapter made me rethink about Ultear, and that she is evil afterall and last chapter is not much of a redemption.
Pretty sure that meredy will join because she have nowhere to go anymore but I don't think Ultear will join as she killed an entire town..

So this is the climax of this arc, as expected "team natsu" is the one that will take down hades but seeing how the arc went, there's no doubt who will win.
What I'm interested in is what Zeref is up to with Acknologia
is it something that will help fairy tail or something that will destroy them, if so, will zeref's actions lead to the next arc.

The situation now is like back in Edolas, I really hope that Mashima can do something special instead of just the entire gang spamming attacks at hades with natsu leading, please do something interesting about the fight, Mashima.
No sight of makarov, i bet he'll appear midway in the fight.

Highlight and depressing moment for a natsuxlisanna shipper like me was when Lisanna "entrusted" lucy with natsu.
No :crying lisanna should have went..but I understand.
Good chapter and natsu acknowledging the fact that he needs others to help him beat hades, instead of him taking hades straight on is a plus for me.
Now people will stop complaining about lack of natsu's character development
and him being full of himself, he's not now.

exacta
July 09, 2011, 01:19 AM
Mashima decided that he hasn't defecated on the Seven Kin enough yet even though they've already been utterly defeated, so he decided to bring Zancrow back for 7 pages, just so Zeref could kill him by saying one word. Mashima you sadistic antagonist-hating bastard. And now we have characters outright acknowledging that the main character gets stronger when his friends are around. Plus Grimoire Heart just lost Zeref, so all thats left for their invasion to be a complete 100% fail is for Hades to be defeated.

I really hope they don't beat Hades, but at this point, not at least somewhat expecting that would be stupid on my part. Just hope Mashima gets that over with already. I'm sure it'll be an entertaining fight at the very least. What happened to his badass helmet? I miss that lol.

I don't think Mashima will reveal the Zeref/Natsu mystery this arc, that seems like a big development that he'd probably want to save for much later in the series, though I may be wrong.

Disappointed in Fried and Bixlow too.....Bixlow has the potential to defeat Hades simply by looking at his eye, not to mention both are much stronger than most of the characters present, especially considering the others conditions. But they send Natsu, Erza who shouldn't be able to walk, Gray, Lucy and Wendy instead. Why do they need to use rune magic anyway??? At least send Bixlow, its not like he can use rune magic anyway.....:facepalm

Darjaille
July 09, 2011, 01:21 AM
I liked this chapter though it is absolutely as I predicted... No complaining, this is Fairy Tail, so I'm reconciled (?not sure about word) with the ending "Hades dead" till there's revealed at least something about Zeref-Lucy-Natsu-Slayers and the chapters aren't boring.
If Mashima planned different final villain, then Hades is going down. If he's FV, he's not going down. And I'm sure noone from present right now will die either, maybe if Gildartz (where the hell is he? !Erza! and !Gray! are standing there !) or Fried comes later there can be a loss. Anyway, Zeref will join Team Natsu as I see it, so that should be interesting.
I didn't like Zancrow and if Mashima didn't make him appear again, he would stay dead anyway, so.. Good Zeref <3
Now Lisanna entrusting Natsu to Lucy... I'm sure everyoone knows what that means:spaz :wtf Fairy Tail is the only one manga I ship somebody from leads in (I care), so better come it true :3

Lily was cute :amuse

So, what Mashima draws, that happens. I will just enjoy what it is as much as I can.

Keino
July 09, 2011, 01:55 AM
2 things I got from this chapter at first glance
1. Natsu is guaranteed to get a "nakama power up". I knew he was going to fight Hades just my the panels were his face was all serious and determined like. The last thing Lisana said on this page (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/77915746/6) was like the icing on the cake. :)
2. I'm certain Meredy is gonna join Fairy tail now. With the news that Ultear was just manipulating her, Fairy tail will be there to pick up the pieces and give a nakama speech and her heart will be moved and the rest will be history.

I think I' read it again to see if I missed anything.

oh yeah it was 3 things Acnologia ftw

Sevenheadedmirror
July 09, 2011, 01:57 AM
Chapter is out!! and Zancrow is back.... or not. Generally I say I'm a hard critique, but what can I do when poor writing is evident? Theoretically the job is done for me.

Kuzumikun
July 09, 2011, 02:15 AM
Finally the team is set! No argues with the teams hopefully the defense team won't run into trouble. Gasp someone died in Fairy Tail?! I can't wait for next chapter and I'm really eager to see;
-Lucy fight and how Zeref might know her
-How they will win against Hades (considering they will)
-If anyone will join Fairy Tail
this Arc had it's ups and downs but it's still my favorite one so far :]

MAX_COLA_POWER!
July 09, 2011, 02:19 AM
I guess Acnologia was a spur of the thing moment too, like his random energy bursts of death farts. Acnologia...does that mean a spell that erases all records of acknowledgements of your mind?, Including the acknowledgement of being alive? Scary..., I wonder, what did Zeref lad mean? If an age has to end, he might awaken once again? Anyway, on a lighter note, I like Lily more now^^. He has a thunder and lightning phobia just like I used to back in the day^^. Alright guys time for a game. Although we all know that Hades will get roflcurbstomped by Nakama power or Zeref Lad's ultimate mind rape ability that makes the Men in Black's pen look like a Kodak camera Acknoparameciazoanlogia, how powerful will Hiro make Hades look? We had a taste with Grimmjow, err, Grimoire law, so I'm gonna use an animé scale to compare, please don't change it I worked very hard with the little knowledge that I have. On a scale of, hmm, Kenpachi to..., hmm, Arceus. RATE YOUR OLD GUY! *you can use other anime character names to measure up between them 2*

Darjaille
July 09, 2011, 02:34 AM
I guess Acnologia was a spur of the thing moment too, like his random energy bursts of death farts. Acnologia...does that mean a spell that erases all records of acknowledgements of your mind?, Including the acknowledgement of being alive? Scary..., I wonder, what did Zeref lad mean? If an age has to end, he might awaken once again?

Hm, you may be onto something. Acnologia is maked-up as google doesn't know that word, but seems like Mest could know what it is, from his reaction. Now Mest's power is messing with your head and memories, and what is Dragonslayers' problem? They do not remember anything from past (with Zeref knowing Natsu and Natsu and Gajeel being older than 80).
Maybe Zeref made them forget to live normal lives and then he escaped onto Fairy Island.

Although we all know that Hades will get roflcurbstomped by Nakama power or Zeref Lad's ultimate mind rape ability that makes the Men in Black's pen look like a Kodak camera Acknoparameciazoanlogia, how powerful will Hiro make Hades look? We had a taste with Grimmjow, err, Grimoire law, so I'm gonna use an animé scale to compare, please don't change it I worked very hard with the little knowledge that I have. On a scale of, hmm, Kenpachi to..., hmm, Arceus. RATE YOUR OLD GUY! *you can use other anime character names to measure up between them 2*

I guess Aizen vs whole SS capt and vice + Vizards and and then Arrival of FGT Ichigo (awaken Zeref), Or Dragonforce Natsu xDDDD

kakashidad
July 09, 2011, 03:26 AM
Oh wow,Zancrow was back but ever so biefly lol.I guess that answer those that were upset and preplexed
as to his disappearance,after NATSU kicked his arse.Meredy finally had her eyes opened.And hopefully realize
that she had been duped by ULTEAR the whole time.And ZEREF makes it clear to all.That he's niether friend
or foe to any and all...does this mean that he's like for argument sake..Galactus?He's just there to sheppard
in a new era...which ever era that is?

I mean what's ''anco logia'' (spelling)about?And MEST was there watching from the sidelines...outstanding!
Then we have MASTER HADES hardly believing that his soldiers could have been beaten so comprehensively
by MAKAROV soldiers .And he had a tear coming from his one good eye...was that tears of joy or sorrow.I'll
go for the latter myself.I can hardly wait to see where this goes.

The Fairies have formed their team to face off with ''hades'' and it consist of two dragon slayers three exceeds
(one whom is scared of lighting, lol cute that.)EZRA and GRAY...no Gildartz no luxus just those that had to
overcome this rite of passage..It was not hard to see the title going this way in all honesty.

Now for the humor..and it's kind of lacking in this issue.So we have JUVIA pulling her faces again
and dragging her body other that rough terrain..that might be why she's pulling those werid faces
lol.And GAZZELE cat trembling from a storm lol.I thought it was dogs that was scared of that kind of weather?oh well.Great issue imo.I'm off for abit laters.
Peace.:D

RaveDragon
July 09, 2011, 03:36 AM
Mashima decided that he hasn't defecated on the Seven Kin enough yet even though they've already been utterly defeated, so he decided to bring Zancrow back for 7 pages, just so Zeref could kill him by saying one word. Mashima you sadistic antagonist-hating bastard. And now we have characters outright acknowledging that the main character gets stronger when his friends are around. Plus Grimoire Heart just lost Zeref, so all thats left for their invasion to be a complete 100% fail is for Hades to be defeated.

Maybe its to show how Natsu didnt really defeat Zancrow as he's still up and probably was just surprised showing how little hope they have to deafeat Hades since he's much stronger than Zancrow and moreover theyre tired out and he's fresh?

interesting spoilers. it seems zeref has had another life sucking magic attack. and it looks like zanrow was caught in it. oh dear, i think that guy is dead. looks like meredy and juvia were not enveloped in it, though.
wait, i have had an apifiney. is the reason why zeref is alive, and youthful, because of hsi inability to control that magic? does he continue on by abposrbing the life of other things.

This is very interesting, absorbing the life of others to remain alive himself without wanting to...a sad but workable idea =]

Highlight and depressing moment for a natsuxlisanna shipper like me was when Lisanna "entrusted" lucy with natsu.
No :crying lisanna should have went..but I understand.
Good chapter and natsu acknowledging the fact that he needs others to help him beat hades, instead of him taking hades straight on is a plus for me.
Now people will stop complaining about lack of natsu's character development
and him being full of himself, he's not now.

Do you know how badly I wanna tease you but I won't, it's funny though Mashaima is going for a love triangle...in a shonen...well he did it already as insignificant as it was so no surprise...its okay Zeltrax as much as i want to tease you instead im gonna say a very hard thing for a NaLu shipper...Nali will have its moments no worries!

Fries and Bixlow are the best for defense right now, and more importantly Natsu trusts his team more than team laxus and thus his rhythm wouldnt match with thiers because they are not used to each other while Team Natsu has been together for ages.
Natsu has grown though, he knows he needs teamwork to win this and he chose those closest whom he works best with. But im sorry to say Gray cant go on and Erza is in no fighting shape they might end up a hindrance :/

Lisanna and Lucy moment was sweet and cute I wonder what could develop from this =3 was Lucy blushing? awww...and then Juvia...lol

Okay now Im sure either Hades or Zeref (he's more probable) know Lucy from her mother most probably, why send someone as sorry to say as im a big fan..."weak" as her and wow her magic recovers really quickly XD

Anyone else wants to give Lily a big hug :wtf? also meredy welcome to FT, I dont think the council will have a problem since theyre asses shall be saved by FT and they will probably try to disband the guild and we know Ft will ignore that as much as they wont take it lightly, plus they might not know the exact members of GH so keeping it secret

Im liking Zeref more and more that face he gave Zancrow i dont think he's a bad chp but with his powers he wont be joining FT they might seal him off somewhere after getting closer to him or have to kill him :/ i think we just glimpsed a bit of Zeref true self in this chap and he aint no pushover :S still his words are pointing that he didnt live for a lot of time but he traveled to this age!

Edit: why did i think RUN HES GONNA KILL YOU? :-_- they cant hope to win against Hades unless they have some awesome strategy or Natsu goes full dragon

Ero-Sanji
July 09, 2011, 03:41 AM
This was a fun chapter...

Seriously, the only interesting thing in this arc is Zeref, everything else seem forced, out of place and very predictable.

Zancrow died, perhaps it's a sign of Mashima getting rid of a character with an hard power to further work with, anyhow, I guess him dying is good after all.

Finally, the half-dead younglings with next to zero magic power left are up against the man who dances with magic, oh I forgot, Lucy feels like her magic is almost replenished which is really interesting considering the fact that Gajeel hasn't even woken up yet. Imo, Makarov would curbstomp those kids any day of the week especially when they are in the state they currently are in. I mean Grimmoire law should be enough. Aw, well I'm not going to be too pessimistic and hopefully it will be an intense battle.

Sollum
July 09, 2011, 03:43 AM
Lily was so cool and cute this chapter!!!

"Exceed away!"

Yay!, at last! Someone died in this manga! Zancrow - The Fodder! Or maybe not, since when one of 7 kin dies, they vanish / turn into a tree. Maybe Zani is still alive, due to some passive ability he has, you know, one of the God Slayers perk.

I predict, that at the end of next chapter, Hades will get major hit from Zeref.

Edit: Or maybe Acnologia is spell, that strips away targets magical powers and gives it to the caster? Zani didn't vanish / burn away, like the rest of "about to die" or "dead" 7 kin. Imagine Zeref and Natsu combo a.k.a. Supa Faja Teamo!

kakashidad
July 09, 2011, 03:50 AM
@Zeltrax
Yes this ''Acknologia'' is quite interesting to me also.I've a feeling that it's a time jutsu/magic.Seeing as Zeref states
that it's not the right era or something?I've a feeling he just shows up when an era is about to end?

Still i did not care much for Zancrow tbh.I thought if ever there was a hyped charactor it was him.But he had classic
villain tendancy imo.He fought he was unbeatable,he ran when beaten,and he tried to curry favor with hades IF he
could of got zeref back to HADES.Still he had his insightful moment when telling meredy she was a prat!And that her
master ultear was the one to destroy her town/village.Somewhat of the same lie hades told ultear no?

As for what lisanna said to lucy..cheer up.It was only to say that Natsu strenght is more potent when he has
someone to look out for.There may still be a chance for your dreams lmao.And now we know just who will be
the S-class winner or candidate is going to be...Natzu Gray Lucy or Wendy...One of fairy tails strongest team gets it.End of...I'm going for Gray here.Ahead of wendy lol.

RaveDragon
July 09, 2011, 04:00 AM
^But Lucy and wendy arent really participating are they? and Cana got FG technically she was the one that finished the exam no?
But tbh i dont think theyll be an sclass if the council decides FT will be disbanded which they already alluded to a few chapter ago...

IMO Its Cana though or if not well a surprise and shocking character then...Gray however would sooo tease Natsu forever if he got it =]

Aknologia was interesting but we didnt get much of it although mest knows it so could Zeref have been in the council a long time ago? but he was a guild master...still he could be both i think.

I can see Zeref vs hades helping Team natsu because of someone in that team but then he losses it because someone awakened him, the key is on the island like Ultear said that manipulative woman! she was such a good villian maybe she still is :S maybe she apologizes later who knows anyway and then disaster ensues until natsu finally understands thanks to his nakama, i really think Lucy is going to end up in a mess now that i think about it she will stay close to natsu and that cant bring much good with Zeref and hades, and realizes he still has a long way to go. hades is beaten however and Zeref goes back to his dark guild so he can be the last villian.

kakashidad
July 09, 2011, 04:22 AM
^But Lucy and wendy arent really participating are they? and Cana got FG technically she was the one that finished the exam no?

''To the best of my understanding they were part of the exam,hence them been on the island.They had partners...well maybe lucy was cana partner but wendy is i'm unsure now lol.I'll go check''.

But tbh i dont think theyll be an sclass if the council decides FT will be disbanded which they already alluded to a few chapter ago...

''I don't think you have to worry about that yet.The exam takes presidanced (spelling)''.
IMO Its Cana though or if not well a surprise and shocking character then...Gray however would sooo tease Natsu forever if he got it =]

''It's gonna be one of those shown on the last page..you can count out ezra as she was ''part of the tester''.

Aknologia was interesting but we didnt get much of it although mest knows it so could Zeref have been in the council a long time ago? but he was a guild master...still he could be both i think.

''Having read someone elses post.I'm inclined to think that maybe it's has something to do with memory lost..but it has
to be much more than that,to kill someone imo.I liked the angle of time that was attached to that passage''.

I can see Zeref vs hades helping Team natsu because of someone in that team but then he losses it because someone awakened him, the key is on the island like Ultear said that manipulative woman! she was such a good villian maybe she still is :S maybe she apologizes later who knows anyway and then disaster ensues until natsu finally understands thanks to his nakama, i really think Lucy is going to end up in a mess now that i think about it she will stay close to natsu and that cant bring much good with Zeref and hades, and realizes he still has a long way to go. hades is beaten however and Zeref goes back to his dark guild so he can be the last villian.

I don't see that myself.I tend to keep it simple.That way i'm rarely dissappointed by the outcome.It will imo be.
A TEAM effort.We've already see the hint when ezra gets to GRAY.And he says ''i always need saving'' then we
see Natsu say the say dito if you catch my drift...thanks for the reply it's rare in here lol.

Man i'm not getting the hang on this muti quote thing...oh well.

RaveDragon
July 09, 2011, 04:50 AM
I don't see that myself.I tend to keep it simple.That way i'm rarely dissappointed by the outcome.It will imo be.A TEAM effort.
We've already see the hint when ezra gets to GRAY.And he says ''i always need saving'' then we see Natsu say the say dito
if you catch my drift...thanks for the reply it's rare in here lol.

Man i'm not getting the hang on this muti quote thing...oh well.

Lol i know what you mean on the multiquote, its just that Mashima like to be dramatic so i guess they will ALL do some really cool move on Hades to send him KO but Zeref might be the initiator who helps out until he awakens?

Meh i still make up so many theoreas many of which are extravagant but im never disappointed in what i read in FT its always so ...unique i dnt mind if im wrong...call me simple i just go with the flow but keep having fun with what im given cuz tbh Mashima's writing makes sense to me =] and welcome xD (a little of topic)i know what you mean, many of us are ignored and people just rant when if you actually read what theyre saying its quite cool sometimes and others they just flame (done)

I just hope they have a good plan because Gray needs support, Erza is not in very good condition, they are all tired but Wendy's support should be helpful still the only one who we know recovered mostly is Lucy...way too fast imo...and natsu is Natsu he'll be fine ^^

Uriel
July 09, 2011, 05:08 AM
This is becoming interesting again! I wonder what Acnologia is. Latin could be used for this, since it resembles quite much. Logia means knowledge, but acno makes me doubtful. Could be resembling Abdo (Hiding) and it would be the Knowledge of Hiding... Seems too much thinking if it's related to hide the life or the magic of someone, therefore all things dying when He's close to them.

OR it's more English related (Japan Shounen always uses some) and it's related to Acknowledge. Again, too little hints to try to make a good theory or an assumption.

So far we know it's important and it causes damage.

Darjaille
July 09, 2011, 05:23 AM
the only one who we know recovered mostly is Lucy...way too fast imo...and natsu is Natsu he'll be fine ^^

lol secret resources of power that are sealed away thus recovering faster :D :D oh my goodness, there's so much theories about x777 (zeref, layla, dragonslayers) on my mind I see things everywhere :D

kakashidad
July 09, 2011, 05:30 AM
Lol i know what you mean on the multiquote, its just that Mashima like to be dramatic so i guess they will ALL do some really cool move on Hades to send him KO but Zeref might be the initiator who helps out until he awakens?

Meh i still make up so many theoreas many of which are extravagant but im never disappointed in what i read in FT its always so ...unique i dnt mind if im wrong...call me simple i just go with the flow but keep having fun with what im given cuz tbh Mashima's writing makes sense to me =] and welcome xD (a little of topic)i know what you mean, many of us are ignored and people just rant when if you actually read what theyre saying its quite cool sometimes and others they just flame (done)

I just hope they have a good plan because Gray needs support, Erza is not in very good condition, they are all tired but Wendy's support should be helpful still the only one who we know recovered mostly is Lucy...way too fast imo...and natsu is Natsu he'll be fine ^^

Finally found the issue i was looking for..here it is http://www.mangakong.com/manga/Fairy_Tail/201/16
we see who's the candidate's and who the partners are...both lucy and Wendy are partners to Jjuiva and Cana.I'm
sticking with Gray here even though natsu my favorite charactor...off topic this bit.

Remember the vison charlie had about the hand?and everyone and there mom was guessing who's hand was it?
Makarov stands a good chance you know?He's the only member that seems like there close to death imo.A longshot
would be GILDARTZ,since we saw CANA crying her eyes out?It's still a jigsaw but them's my guesses.

Oh, the ranting and flamin i just ignore tbh lol.

Darjaille
July 09, 2011, 05:36 AM
Remember the vison charlie had about the hand?and everyone and there mom was guessing who's hand was it?
Makarov stands a good chance you know?He's the only member that seems like there close to death imo.A longshot
would be GILDARTZ,since we saw CANA crying her eyes out?It's still a jigsaw but them's my guesses.

Well, we've seen crying cana when she realized what had she done and gained glitter. About hand, it was also explained, it was Lucy's hand when Cana cnocked her out. The only thing now left I think is crying Natsu (I wonder what could happen that he isn't RAGING but crying o_o)

Lol I see there are more people that hate flaming :D I never engage in quarrels :D

RaveDragon
July 09, 2011, 05:42 AM
Finally found the issue i was looking for..here it is http://www.mangakong.com/manga/Fairy_Tail/201/16
we see who's the candidate's and who the partners are...both lucy and Wendy are partners to Jjuiva and Cana.I'm sticking with
Gray here even though natsu my favorite charactor...off topic this bit.

actually we all concluded the hand was Lucy's in that moment Cana left her ^^ and wendy was mest's partner ^^
Well we have seen how zancrow was like tossed and actually killed in this chapter so a killing for FT is not that impossible and who worst than the master...im ashamed to say i will probably cry if he really does die D=

all there are of the vision is Natsu crying cuxz when he cried with Gil it was too different
this is vision;
http://www.mangareader.net/135-57514-18/fairy-tail/chapter-201.html
http://www.mangareader.net/135-57514-19/fairy-tail/chapter-201.html

these are happenings;
natsu crying; clearly too different as Natsu in the prediction was looking at something (i presume a fallen comrade who prob defended him)
http://www.mangareader.net/135-58237-20/fairy-tail/chapter-206.html

the hand;
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/225/19

Zeref angry
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/220/24

Cana crying;
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/232/14

there is also the mysterious boy who we dont know much about ^^

ol secret resources of power that are sealed away thus recovering faster oh my goodness, there's so much theories about x777 (zeref, layla, dragonslayers) on my mind I see things everywhere

I can see her mother being involved in some way, Lucy def has potential as a mage we've seen Urano metoria she just needs more spells then she wouldnt be that weak, lol sealed power resources i wouldnt be shocked tbh, would explain some stuff...

LoS
July 09, 2011, 05:46 AM
It's nearly 6am and I don't really feel like criticizing the chapter after a long night out, but....

when will Mashima learn to start a chapter off right? This is a few chapters in a row where the first few pages add nothing, this chapter the first 7 pages could have easily been condensed into 3... I get that you are trying to include some lolz moments and fan service, but this is the climax of the arc, just give it a rest. It isn't supposed to be all light and happy, it's dark times, but you are ruining it.

And I won't even get started on how childish everything has become, and how ever piece of the puzzle just so happens to fit into place for Fairy Tail. I await the responses of the other members before I give my own, a new take...

sarutobi_sensei
July 09, 2011, 05:55 AM
Haha Lily was cute, holding his ears and being like: I hatez them thunderz.

Loved Lisanna's comment :)

So Zancrow appeared again and got oneshoted. There's no doubt that Meredy will join FT now since she doesn't have anywhere to go to and Urtear was manipulating her all the time.

Acnologia, I wonder what it is, is it just like his random killing waves? Or something else?

I also found his comment, about when an age ends he can awake and then we have Hades saying, Third Fairy Tail. I mean, he could just be saying that so that it symbolizes the 3rd Master of Fairy Tail, Makarov, or he could be saying exactly what I think he's saying, that this is the 3rd Reincarnation of Fairy Tail. It goes with Zeref's comment on age's ending.

Loving Wendy's outfit, she looks really cute in that.

How the hell is Gray going to fight in that state. Not to mention Erza?

So Mest is still around, he'll be the one to help Juvia and Meredy then x)

Also I still love Juvia's pose XD GIVE ZEREF TO ME!!!!! while crawling like some monster xD

Next chapter will be insteresting for sure.

ghostexiled
July 09, 2011, 06:14 AM
Guys... I will state again...

Please DO NOT talk about other mangas in this thread.

For one, this is a thread that is here to discuss the newest chapter and your thoughts on the immediate future of the story line.

Second, you need to keep in mind that not everyone that comes to this thread has read the other series that you feel you need to talk about... you are just spoiling those who wish not to be spoiled.

If you feel that you must make a comparison in order to get a point across about FT... then PLEASE but that portion of your post in a spoiler tag!

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

On topic,

Not much to say about this chapter... felt it was kinda a transition chapter.

My only thought about "Acnologia" is that it may be the name of the world of great magic, they keep referring too.

Also I knew Zancrow was going to come back... cause like I mentioned back when he lost to Natsu, he didn't have the blank look in his eyes... that usually occur once a bad guy is defeated.

The big question I have is... how come Ultear did not fall victim to whatever Zeref just did to Zancrow?

RaveDragon
July 09, 2011, 06:57 AM
The big question I have is... how come Ultear did not fall victim to whatever Zeref just did to Zancrow?

I think Zeref is actually a nice guy and its only because he got angry with Zancrow for what he said and lost control. Ultear magic doesnt need her to be (the ime magic) in close quaters to her enemy so she must have stayed at a protective distance and knocked him out like she had done to Natsu, probably Zeref also was managing to remain in control but no lost it.

Also someone mentioned Zeref got GH but thats just to take out FL i dont think its serves another purpose.

Edit i see sad times coming imo Hades cant possibly lose and if he does its because of old age not FT, or maybe we're hyping him up to much he is an old man like Makarov so this might be his weakness against a no of kids as tired as they are...Natsu and Lucy plus Wendy have rested so...maybe there is a teeny tiny light of hope.

I say we get a fight next chap FT pummeled and in the last page or so Zeref makes his grand entrance and might or might no spot Lucy like someone mentioned before frankly now i feel its best to wait and see.

Skyguardian
July 09, 2011, 06:57 AM
[B][COLOR="seagreen"]
On topic,

Not much to say about this chapter... felt it was kinda a transition chapter.

My only thought about "Acnologia" is that it may be the name of the world of great magic, they keep referring too.

Also I knew Zancrow was going to come back... cause like I mentioned back when he lost to Natsu, he didn't have the blank look in his eyes... that usually occur once a bad guy is defeated.

I guess he was unconcious the whole time.

Seems like the most here were right with there prediction for Meredy. I don't mind. Another cute girl besides Wendy then.

Now the fight with Hades will start. I hope FT will be toyed with because no one there should be a lot stornger than Hades.
Besides hades could just oneshot them.

ErosVp
July 09, 2011, 07:01 AM
Poor zancrow! He came back for a few pages just to be killed! hahahaha

It really looks like Meredy will join. I think they will say she was the youngest member of GH and the concil didn't have info on her, etc... I was thinking maybe Ultear was the one who killed her town, but was surprised to see it come true. But with Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Gajeel, Wendy and now probably Meredy, this team is increasing exagerately....

Come to thing of it, Gajeel is the only one missing in this fight... I still hope they won't win but knowing how Mashima works that is pretty much impossible. Good transition chapter overall

jacke12
July 09, 2011, 07:21 AM
No Mashima why the heck did you make Lisanna say that to Lucy , you gave hope to the NaLu fans:mad:nerve

Kauia
July 09, 2011, 07:22 AM
I love the chapter! :D Lily was so cuuuuuuuuute! Seeing him covering his ears like that was so adorable. Lisanna Lucy moment was so cute!! It sure felt like a sister bond between them. I sooooo can't wait for the Nalu moments that'll take place in that fight.

Gray and Erza might not fight that much seeing how injured they are. Natsu might be the one to fight Hades and the others are there as bystanders. Or it could be a team fight where everyone has their own roles to play. Natsu, Lucy, Happy and Wendy are the ones who's in full strenght. Erza and Gray's a little tired but I don't think its enough to stop them from having the strenght needed to fight Hades. I'd say their injuries when they get hit will be the time where they won't be able to do that much help. Who knows, maybe Lucy would pull out an incredible magic like Urano metoria though I do hope for a much baddass spell. Or Makarov might come to a scene when Team Natsu close to being defeated. Natsu's going to get killed and Makarov butts in and takes the blow for Natsu. Hence, the crying face Natsu might finally happen.

I wonder what part Zeref would have to play in that fight? There'll probably revelations about the source of magic which everyone's dying to know. A clue of the dragons' disappearance, Layla, the year 777 perhaps.

The next chapter doesn't seem like a fight scene. It could be a bit of a fight with inputs about Hades past while he was traveling or while he was the second master of fairy tail. It could be the things he regretted doing or things that he found out like how he came to a conclusion that the world is a twisted reality.

I'm thinking that Hades might not be the last fight in the arc. I feel that if Zeref awakens, everything would go crazy. He could change personalities like Brain did. Zeref could have an alter self that may represent a real mastermind.

RaveDragon
July 09, 2011, 07:28 AM
No Mashima why the heck did you make Lisanna say that to Lucy , you gave hope to the NaLu fans

As a Nalu AND a nali supporter (ie i belive if not Nalu then nali should happen )please dont be rude :-_- Thank you =P

Anyway i remembered that comment Zeref said about not being of this age and sounding like he time traveled, that boy we saw at the end of that chapter might actually be a young Zeref who wasnt a bad guy yet and will come to help FT when his older self awakens as a bad guy.

Newkerzy
July 09, 2011, 07:31 AM
I also found his comment, about when an age ends he can awake and then we have Hades saying, Third Fairy Tail. I mean, he could just be saying that so that it symbolizes the 3rd Master of Fairy Tail, Makarov, or he could be saying exactly what I think he's saying, that this is the 3rd Reincarnation of Fairy Tail. It goes with Zeref's comment on age's ending.

I believe it's the former. Makarov is the 3rd (Sandaime) Master. Sandaime literally means the 3rd generation. So, if say, Mira becomes the 4th (Yondaime) Fairy Tail Master, the guild members that joined during Mira's rule, would be called the 4th Generation FT members. So, in other words, Natsu & co. are the 3rd generation members.

wooticus
July 09, 2011, 07:35 AM
well.. nice comeback @ zancrow

not much to say about this chapter either. acknowlogia seems interesting, we'll get to hear more about that. so i guess mest will take zeref and teleport him to the council's prison. so as i thought earlier next arc will be the "fairy tail vs council" arc in which they break into the prison to free gerard and zeref just to get disbanded and made dark guild. this will be the transition into the fourth fairy tail... maybe led by laxus or whoever.

well in the hades fight wendy will have a greater role i guess.. she didn't do much yet in this arc. poor gajeel, missing out a dragon slayer fight. lucy will also have a major role. i bet she will summon caprico who will use his magic to weaken hades. can't see any other outcome yet.

another thing that came to my mind lately...did makarov know that fairy tail is protected by some magic on this island? because if that's so, why did he stop using fairy law at the beginning.. hades counter grimoire law wouldn't have killed anyone of FT...

1337 haxor
July 09, 2011, 08:15 AM
I will highlight the important parts of this chapter.

http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/n/a/natsuplz.jpg?3http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saysplz.gifLEEEEEEEROY JENKINS!!!

Meanwhile...

http://www.brazilmanga.xpg.com.br/wp-content/uploads/avatars/1198/e78c8c1ee04378b625009deceb1ae770-bpthumb.jpghttp://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saysplz.gifSo I heard u like Ultear?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110614165561/common/avatars/thumb/7/78/3404821.png/48px-3404821.pnghttp://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saysplz.gifShe saved me and she can change time and save my town and my family!
http://www.brazilmanga.xpg.com.br/wp-content/uploads/avatars/1198/e78c8c1ee04378b625009deceb1ae770-bpthumb.jpghttp://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saysplz.gifYeah but have she told u it was she who killed them in the first place.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110614165561/common/avatars/thumb/7/78/3404821.png/48px-3404821.pnghttp://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saysplz.gifhttp://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu167/ciprusm/Meme/pokerface.gif
http://www.brazilmanga.xpg.com.br/wp-content/uploads/avatars/1198/e78c8c1ee04378b625009deceb1ae770-bpthumb.jpghttp://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saysplz.gifhttp://forum.paticik.com/thumbnails/2a4/987/798/8f6/43d/85d/4c2/d8f/86e/d25/60_450xNULL.pngProblem?
http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/j/u/juvialoxarplz.jpg?2http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saysplz.gifTROLLZ!!!
http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/z/e/zerefplz.jpg?1http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saysplz.gifEmergency activation code positive! Activating beserk mode in 3... 2... 1...
http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/e/x/explosionplz.jpg?1
http://www.brazilmanga.xpg.com.br/wp-content/uploads/avatars/1198/e78c8c1ee04378b625009deceb1ae770-bpthumb.jpghttp://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saysplz.gifhttp://a.deviantart.net/avatars/i/m/imdeadplz.gif
http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/z/e/zerefplz.jpg?1http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saysplz.gifAw great! More bodies to clean up later...

Back to the main front...

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/quiz/529000/529145_1295758210715_50.jpg?v=1295758293http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saysplz.gifMy guild, whose magic was the strongest and who represented the top axis of the three great dark guilds went down with not a single kill?
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/195272_100002344282782_2630625_q.jpghttp://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saysplz.gifhttp://forum.paticik.com/thumbnails/2a4/987/798/8f6/43d/85d/4c2/d8f/86e/d25/60_450xNULL.pngProblem?
http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/z/e/zerefplz.jpg?1http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/a/saysplz.gifAnd here we go again...

Rarhyx
July 09, 2011, 08:39 AM
2 things I like in this chapter:
ZEREF IS BACK IN DA HOUSE B*****S
and the last page looks awesome

only reasons why i'm still reading FT is I like Mashima's drawing style, but in storywise he loses with this manga somehow(except what happened with dragons and zeref) :/
I mean come on FT is only winning that somehow suxs very much

ShoobyDooBop
July 09, 2011, 09:31 AM
I dont mind that the usual Team is going to fight the main villain since most of the other FT members had their fair share of time in this arc. But the reasoning why powerhouses like Fried and Bixlow are not going is ridiculous xD

Lucy: But shouldn't someone with actual magic go ?
Fried: Random BS reason why someone actualy strong can't be a part of the weekly Big Boss elimination team.

And might I add that Fried and Bixlow are the most ''fresh'' FT memebers and are probably capable of fighting with their full strenght, unlike our main guys who can even barely stand (but we all know that wont matter when the start fights anyway :O).

Zancrow, of all people, is the first one to die? D: It's easy for Mashima to kill a bad guy e?
That whole revelation about Ultear/Meredy came out of nowhere.No build up, set up, drama or emotion behind it. It was just shoved down our faces. Though I like how the tension was handled this chapter.

I only hope that Lisana didn't foreshadow the greatest nakama power up ever D:
Speaking of Lisanna, she just came back from being dead, was kicked out of the exam almost instantly, and has not done one thing during this whole conflict and now, at the last possible opportunity, she stays behind (I know she's weak and wouldnt do much, but still).

Leonsagara
July 09, 2011, 09:45 AM
At least it's implied that Fried might follow after he sets up protective runes around the injured. Realistically shouldn't take him too long, based on what we saw of his speed and skill with that during the Fairy Tail war arc. Acnologia seems to be some sort of spell that allows Zeref to draw in the life force of others to heal himself. I want to know what Mest knows about it. Curious to see how our usual team fares against Hades. Should be an interesting battle.

ErosVp
July 09, 2011, 12:03 PM
I think when Lisanna said that to Lucy she meant just as a comrade.... I don't really care for pairings, but Natsu can stay with his childhood friend (like every manga does) and Lucy! Let Natsu heve two women, he will be even more badass!

luffyg2
July 09, 2011, 01:40 PM
Hades defeated Makarov so easily that I really can't see how Fairy Tail will manage to defeat him... they probably could have done it with a Gildzart - Erza - Makarov tag team... well anyway I'm sure Natsu will win the fight somehow.. For me the most interesting part of the chapter was Zeref, I really want to know more about him

ILikeSleeping
July 09, 2011, 02:24 PM
I liked this chapter despite the fact that a weary and weakened Team Natsu is probably going to kick Hades, a man who wtf pwned Makarov (With Makarov himself probably able to take on practically every single person in his guild), in the ass...

Can't say that I'm liking how the fight is being set up, but nonetheless, I am still looking forward to what is sure to be an intense battle. If there are going to be a nakama powerups all the way through, then so be it. As long as someone's ass is being kicked and the people doing the kicking look awesome while doing it, I'll be happy.

1337 haxor
July 09, 2011, 02:44 PM
I liked this chapter despite the fact that a weary and weakened Team Natsu is probably going to kick Hades, a man who wtf pwned Makarov (With Makarov himself probably able to take on practically every single person in his guild), in the ass...

Can't say that I'm liking how the fight is being set up, but nonetheless, I am still looking forward to what is sure to be an intense battle. If there are going to be a nakama powerups all the way through, then so be it. As long as someone's ass is being kicked and the people doing the kicking look awesome while doing it, I'll be happy.

I can't see friendship beating Hades, much less once he tells them that he was part of Fairy Tail.

The only possible outcome is that one of the characters will unleash a massive beserk powerup and defeat him.

Atobe the king
July 09, 2011, 04:38 PM
I'm pretty sure zeref.....especially now that he's loose, will have a hand in this, or maybe the counsel? who knows it won't be just FT.

sadly the criticism thread, nor ghosts warnings seem to have helped make it fun to discuss around here :( were things this bad throughout the whole series i wonder...

exacta
July 09, 2011, 05:44 PM
Just noiced that Romeo and Zeref kind've have a similiar appearance......not sure if thats a coincidence or if it actually could mean something.

Zeltrax
July 09, 2011, 08:08 PM
How about in the future Romeo starts learning magic and wanting to become a magician.
Natsu will take him in as a "disciple" and start teaching him things.
Mashima could do the generation thing like Kishi did and romeo is the fourth fairy tail
and he resembles zeref, so carrying on his "will".
Sorry to sound corny.

About acnologia, I believe it to be a time related spell too.

Kauia
July 09, 2011, 10:24 PM
Hate to say this but if Romeo wanted to learn how to become a mage, wouldn't he approach his father, Macao first? Besides, how exactly is Natsu going to teach Romeo since the magic Natsu knows which is a lost magic, dragon slayer magic, something that can't just be taught to others. I really can't see Natsu as the type to take a disciple but Gray or Erza is more possible candidate for those things. But then again who knows. If I see Natsu become a teacher it sure feels like his disciple would be the one taking care of Natsu. Romeo being a fourth fairy tail generation is possible. I was thinking of an alternate future where Romeo could be there and the reality there is different.

swordsaintscoot
July 10, 2011, 02:25 AM
I loved this chapter.

I didn't expect Zancrow.

I didn't expect Meredy's backstory.

I didn't expect anything that Zeref did. Notice how he's like...completely fine again? He's not even injured after that exhausting fight for Ultear.

I didn't expect Natsu to think he needed help.

Krono
July 10, 2011, 02:31 AM
Fried: Random BS reason why someone actualy strong can't be a part of the weekly Big Boss elimination team.

"I need to sent up traps capable of obliterating pretty much anyone or anything that tries to hurt the wounded." is a random BS reason?

Seriously, Fried is much stronger on defense with time to prepare than he is on offense. They can leave him on the defense side so he can set up a barrier that deprives anyone from Grimmoire Heart inside it of their magic, or suffocates them if they do use it. Alternatively they can take him with them, and have him do about as well as he did against Rusty Rose - a fight which hinged on Elfman regaining consciousness long enough for Bixlow to use him as a doll and interrupt RR's finishing attack and give them time to counter with a killing blow before he could recover.

Zancrow, of all people, is the first one to die? D: It's easy for Mashima to kill a bad guy e?

Poor (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v12/c097/14.html), poor (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v12/c097/18.html), Simon. (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v12/c099/9.html) Everyone forgets him. Zoldeo (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c224/16.html) isn't too happy either, but he's not really worth wasting pity on.

That whole revelation about Ultear/Meredy came out of nowhere.No build up, set up, drama or emotion behind it. It was just shoved down our faces. Though I like how the tension was handled this chapter.

What exactly would you expect in the way of build up or drama? It was already apparent to the reader from the flashback of Meredy joining GH that they'd murdered everyone in her home town while searching for keys to Zeref's seal. Nor was Zancrow trying for dragged out mental torture of Meredy, he was just taunting her devotion to Ultear before killing her. Then Zeref woke up.

Ifrit
July 10, 2011, 04:00 AM
Oh boy, judging from the spoilers, they really intend on fighting them. I only wish that Zeref gets there and he's the one to take down Hades.

I'm 100 % Sure that what will happen. which I wanted from the first place. I think HADES will play with them next chapter be4 Zeref come and beat the crap out of HADES...then Natsu Vs Zeref ( I'm sure Lucy gonna help Natsu defeat Zeref )

RaveDragon
July 10, 2011, 08:38 AM
I'm pretty sure zeref.....especially now that he's loose, will have a hand in this, or maybe the counsel? who knows it won't be just FT.

sadly the criticism thread, nor ghosts warnings seem to have helped make it fun to discuss around here :( were things this bad throughout the whole series i wonder...

The council wants FT 'dead' I dont think theyll mind hades taking it in his hands...after all they didnt mind firing the big bad Etherion onto the island did they? no Zeref is probably going to do something...the good zeref who obviously is going to be awakened after all what best than him for antagonist and revealing of some mysteries?

Just noiced that Romeo and Zeref kind've have a similiar appearance......not sure if thats a coincidence or if it actually could mean something.

it could point out Zeref had something to do with FT if Romeo and Macao family were actually in the guild for a long time and Z was one of its members :/ it could also mean nothing...

Hate to say this but if Romeo wanted to learn how to become a mage, wouldn't he approach his father, Macao first? Besides, how exactly is Natsu going to teach Romeo since the magic Natsu knows which is a lost magic, dragon slayer magic, something that can't just be taught to others. I really can't see Natsu as the type to take a disciple but Gray or Erza is more possible candidate for those things. But then again who knows. If I see Natsu become a teacher it sure feels like his disciple would be the one taking care of Natsu. Romeo being a fourth fairy tail generation is possible. I was thinking of an alternate future where Romeo could be there and the reality there is different.

Romeo is thankful of Natsu for helping his dad but i think you are right for him his father is his idol but Natsu is like a brother. Maybe an older Natsu would be more similar to Gildartz i can see him like that and taking on disciples but i don think anyone but a dragon can or is allowed to teach DS magic =S

Poor, poor, Simon. Everyone forgets him. Zoldeo isn't too happy either, but he's not really worth wasting pity on.

we shouldnt forget Racer whom also died in the manga and Asuma...unless he lives in the plants now. so Mashima actually killed quite some characters see; http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Deceased?display=exhibition&sort=alphabetical

I agree with Krono best for defense would be Fried and Levy...Lucy would be useless so might as well support Natsu who pffft defense? Him? lol, Erza and Gray? Erza could do it Gray should be put in BED! I love him and all but he's totally banged up :/ but then theyre team Natsu so together they can do something, Wendy is there so she can heal erza and Gray everything is actually workable =]

I see Juvia taking Meredy to the camp too =D

Rarhyx
July 10, 2011, 08:51 AM
I wonder what zerefs means "I had no reason to come to this age."

oh and i think zeref will wtfpwn hades. except there will be another natsupwnseverybody-asspull

Atobe the king
July 10, 2011, 10:37 AM
I'm 100 % Sure that what will happen. which I wanted from the first place. I think HADES will play with them next chapter be4 Zeref come and beat the crap out of HADES...then Natsu Vs Zeref ( I'm sure Lucy gonna help Natsu defeat Zeref )

That last part isn't going to happen,i would actually be a bit irritated if natsu and lucy with the trials and the all the beatings/ass kickings they dished out were able to beat zeref lol.

DEATHBOTT
July 10, 2011, 12:48 PM
how did ultear beat zeref he should have been able to one shot her. you can't age that shit.

Sollum
July 10, 2011, 01:58 PM
how did ultear beat zeref he should have been able to one shot her. you can't age that shit.

Apparently she can jump well, from what we saw, so i guess she just jumped away every time.

P.S. I can totally see Azuma getting back to human form with help of Polushka

Krono
July 10, 2011, 04:41 PM
we shouldnt forget Racer whom also died in the manga and Asuma...unless he lives in the plants now. so Mashima actually killed quite some characters see; http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Deceased?display=exhibition&sort=alphabetical

And that's not even getting into characters like Midnight and Ikaruga who were last seen laying motionless in a pool of their own blood in places that were destroyed shortly thereafter with no known conscious allies around to drag them to safety.

exacta
July 10, 2011, 06:58 PM
And that's not even getting into characters like Midnight and Ikaruga who were last seen laying motionless in a pool of their own blood in places that were destroyed shortly thereafter with no known conscious allies around to drag them to safety.

In the anime Racer survived but the anime isn't canon. But I believed it was stated that the Magic Council arrested all of the members of Oracion Seis.

eefrit
July 10, 2011, 07:08 PM
A simple transition chapter, so it was alright. Natsu and the gang are predictably up and about, so we know what is next. Zancrow brushed off Natsu's attack and was also up and about. It seems that Hades entrusted Zancrow with the retrieval of Zeref as he knows of Ultear's planned betrayal. We also see more of Zancrow's pride in his guild, despite his willingness to attack his comrades. To bad it is short lived when he, as others have said, had a bridge dropped on him. Rather freaking stupidly I might add. But whatever. Now for the final battle. Hades vs the main fighters of Fairy Tail. I honestly see no possible way for them to win against a fresh and clean Hades. Suffice to say the outcome of this battle will decide whether or not continuing Fairy Tail will become a chore for me or not.

ShoobyDooBop
July 11, 2011, 12:30 AM
"I need to sent up traps capable of obliterating pretty much anyone or anything that tries to hurt the wounded." is a random BS reason?

Seriously, Fried is much stronger on defense with time to prepare than he is on offense. They can leave him on the defense side so he can set up a barrier that deprives anyone from Grimmoire Heart inside it of their magic, or suffocates them if they do use it. Alternatively they can take him with them, and have him do about as well as he did against Rusty Rose - a fight which hinged on Elfman regaining consciousness long enough for Bixlow to use him as a doll and interrupt RR's finishing attack and give them time to counter with a killing blow before he could recover.

Poor (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v12/c097/14.html), poor (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v12/c097/18.html), Simon. (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v12/c099/9.html) Everyone forgets him. Zoldeo (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c224/16.html) isn't too happy either, but he's not really worth wasting pity on.

What exactly would you expect in the way of build up or drama? It was already apparent to the reader from the flashback of Meredy joining GH that they'd murdered everyone in her home town while searching for keys to Zeref's seal. Nor was Zancrow trying for dragged out mental torture of Meredy, he was just taunting her devotion to Ultear before killing her. Then Zeref woke up.

Yeah, that's BS. They do know that Hades is the only one left and they'll still do that? Even if they did, what's the point? Afraid of the council? Heck, that Lahar is also a rune user and according to Gray his runes are much stronger and I assume he can rewrite Fried's runes as well.

Ah, yeah. I forgot about Simon and Zoldeo and there's Racer but the anime made him survive so I ain't sure about him. But still, the way Zanrcow died is lame.

Well, you're right about the third part.

Ifrit
July 11, 2011, 04:28 AM
That last part isn't going to happen,i would actually be a bit irritated if natsu and lucy with the trials and the all the beatings/ass kickings they dished out were able to beat zeref lol.

But didn't Zeref himself said Only natsu can kill me ?

ca12nag3
July 11, 2011, 07:12 AM
But didn't Zeref himself said Only natsu can kill me ?

Actualy it was more on the line of *you still cant kill me?* so he should be but he cant. Not that he is the only one.

Krono
July 11, 2011, 11:54 AM
In the anime Racer survived but the anime isn't canon. But I believed it was stated that the Magic Council arrested all of the members of Oracion Seis.

Wouldn't surprise me. I was just pointing out that there are several others that are in something of a limbo until Mashima says or shows otherwise.

Yeah, that's BS. They do know that Hades is the only one left and they'll still do that? Even if they did, what's the point? Afraid of the council? Heck, that Lahar is also a rune user and according to Gray his runes are much stronger and I assume he can rewrite Fried's runes as well.

No they don't know that Hades is the only one left. Grimmoire Heart seems to have some ability to keep track of who on their side has been defeated, but Fairy Tail does not. The group at the medical tent has no idea what's become of Meredy, Azuma, or Ultear, though they can probably guess that Blue Note has been defeated. They know that Rusty Rose, Caprico, Kain, and Zancrow were defeated, but they don't have any way to be sure that Zancrow or Kain won't recover and be of further threat.

Then there's the masses of fodder they dropped on the island at the start. They don't know for sure if all of them were defeated and/or unsummoned or if there are still some left. They probably don't know what became of the unsummoned ones when Zoldeo melted.

Case in point, after they've made their decision as to who does what, we find out that Zancrow's up and about. Suppose that instead of encountering Meredy and Zeref, he'd encountered the FT camp, after everyone but Lisanna and Levy had left to fight Hades. They likely wouldn't be a match for him, then Mirajane, Elfman, Evergreen, Gajeel, Makarov, and Cana would all be at his mercy. Likewise, any Grimmoire Heart fodder still (or once again) active on the island would find so many wounded people so lightly defended to be a relatively easy target.

Ah, yeah. I forgot about Simon and Zoldeo and there's Racer but the anime made him survive so I ain't sure about him. But still, the way Zanrcow died is lame.

How would you have preferred Zancrow to die?

Darjaille
July 11, 2011, 12:51 PM
Case in point, after they've made their decision as to who does what, we find out that Zancrow's up and about. Suppose that instead of encountering Meredy and Zeref, he'd encountered the FT camp, after everyone but Lisanna and Levy had left to fight Hades. They likely wouldn't be a match for him, then Mirajane, Elfman, Evergreen, Gajeel, Makarov, and Cana would all be at his mercy. Likewise, any Grimmoire Heart fodder still (or once again) active on the island would find so many wounded people so lightly defended to be a relatively easy target.

He would fall right into Fried's traps.
Remember Fried and Bix are there just because they cannot be sure who is on the island right now. Stupid thing would be if all of them went to Hades.
EDIT: sorry sorry I didn't realize you are telling exactly same thing as me -_-' Well, at least I said I agree with you O:-)

ShoobyDooBop
July 11, 2011, 12:52 PM
No they don't know that Hades is the only one left. Grimmoire Heart seems to have some ability to keep track of who on their side has been defeated, but Fairy Tail does not. The group at the medical tent has no idea what's become of Meredy, Azuma, or Ultear, though they can probably guess that Blue Note has been defeated. They know that Rusty Rose, Caprico, Kain, and Zancrow were defeated, but they don't have any way to be sure that Zancrow or Kain won't recover and be of further threat.

Then there's the masses of fodder they dropped on the island at the start. They don't know for sure if all of them were defeated and/or unsummoned or if there are still some left. They probably don't know what became of the unsummoned ones when Zoldeo melted.

How would you have preferred Zancrow to die?

I forgot that fodder bunch. But I assume Hades is the one who has the ability to keep track of who on his side has been defeated since Ultear mentioned that "eye" thing of his.

Meh, I would have still preferred Fried to go instead of Lucy but she still goes coz since she's one of the main. Bixlow can stay and others(including Lucy if she stays and Fried goes instead), they should be enough to defeat the other members even Zancrow, he just needs to use his eyes then it's over. With the type of guy Zancrow is, he should fall for it. O and there's Gildarts. About Caprico, since it was his body that Zoldeo used, do you think Human Subordination magic was left in him? If that's the case, that would be so good for Lucy. That would also solve the problem about the fodders. And that Kain is just like for comic relief.

I would have preferred him to die in another way, not that lame. We don't know if genuine God-Slayers exist, or if genuine God-Slayer Magic even exists. But if there really is God Slaying magic, I wanted him to defeat Natsu even in their round 2(but, Mashima made another stupid way to defeat him...... I don't want to argue about this, it's already there after all, just saying) and escape along with Hades then have a another bout with Natsu. Then there's gonna be God Mode, similar to Dragon Force and die after an epic battle. But it's impossible now.
.......................................................................................................................................................................................

I don't know if Erza and Gray is underestimating Hades or just being brave. They're terribly wounded and still goes to fight him. I wish they could have seen how Makarov was defeated. And those cats, what can they do? Fly all around? Charle predicting the next move?

RaveDragon
July 11, 2011, 12:58 PM
WENDY just wanted to point out the little healing girl with supportive magic is there so she can help the injured and provide...support xD
She is gonna be quite needed ^^ patching up erza and Gray will leave her for like a spell or two to defend or increse strenght so she's a big help.

Lucy is so gonna use capricorn cuz he might remember something on Hades which will help and his real powers could be useful, we have no idea what he does since Zoldeo was in him but if hes stronger than Aquarius...yay xD Lucy is also a main whom natsu trust so she had to go, she might also have some explaining stories and stuff to do and has to do her big part still...

The rest are strong fighters ^^ so the team is quite in equilibrium. like Krono said the others in the defense team have no idea how many GH members are still out to get them so this was quite an intelligent move ^^

ShoobyDooBop
July 11, 2011, 01:28 PM
Didn't they already tell Wendy not to use her healing magic anymore? Since she already used it too much.

White Silver King
July 11, 2011, 01:45 PM
So I'm guessing Zeref is a time-traveler?

As for Acnologia, I got the impression that that was Meredy's hometown not a spell of Zeref's as that wouldn't have any significance to Mest (unless he's acquainted himself with all of Zeref's spells...). What it's significance is I can't guess.

RaveDragon
July 11, 2011, 02:05 PM
Didn't they already tell Wendy not to use her healing magic anymore? Since she already used it too much.

I dont really think Lucy is the only one whose magical power replenished ^^ probably that was Hiro's way of saying they all rested.

So I'm guessing Zeref is a time-traveler?

As for Acnologia, I got the impression that that was Meredy's hometown not a spell of Zeref's as that wouldn't have any significance to Mest (unless he's acquainted himself with all of Zeref's spells...). What it's significance is I can't guess.

I thought he was refering to the name of the death wave he used like its a spell or something. But if Meredy's town was that then she could hold valuable info on something. But maybe he is refering to his type of magic or one of his types of magic which since he was like THE evil magician of the century would be known if not fully by rumor or something which the council would have.

kkck
July 11, 2011, 03:24 PM
Somehow I don't get the impression zancrow definitely met his end, I think we will actually see him again. Zeref apparently has the ability to devour life around him, in other words he absorbs it. In that regard zancrow did die but his soul is somehow within zeref. Zeref was said to be capable of creating creatures such as the evil flute and deliora. What if eventually zancrow is brought back in such a fashion? Zancrow is the derange psycopath every shonen needs as a mildly recurring antagonist for the protagonist....

Ifrit
July 11, 2011, 08:25 PM
I don't think actually Fried or Bixlow needed or any1 else ( same for Gildartz ) in the fight Vs HADES I just don't see them beating him really. It's gonna be Zeref who finish off HADES will be like you want me here I am.

I think the main fight is Natsu Vs Zeref but I think ...Mashina will save that.

Or maybe it will happen but does Natsu have to win ?

ok I agree with ca12nag3 Natsu not ready this is why he might lose his first fight Vs Zeref...about to die...then some1 come n save him ? ( Loosing his life for saving Natsu ) which lead us to Natsu crying ?

This Arc maybe about to end. By Zeref defeating HADES

Zeref is awake ok lets start the Dragon slayer Arc + Lucy history.

I think there will be one last meeting Meredy with Ultear.....maybe Meredy tries to kill Ultear for what she did to her.

Darjaille
July 12, 2011, 01:21 AM
Well, if Lucy follows Lisanna's advice, she can be the one who let's herself shot when protecting Natsu /ofc she isn't dead, we have Wendy and plot armor, so don't worry/. Causing bat-shit crazy Dragonforce and crying after everything.

Ifrit
July 12, 2011, 07:04 AM
Zeref Is he Good or Evil ?

HADES : Magic was born in darkness

The Source of Magic : Zeref hims self.

someone who just can't control his power because the source of magic it self is EVIL

a magic was sealed by Lucy mother & protected by the dragons ?

now the Dragons trained humans to defend it and left.

I hope Mashima say something about the boy stares at the sea before this Arc ends.

does it have to be one natsu ? What if there is more than one Natsu each one for different Era ?

( So it's really not the first time Zeref is going to fight a Natsu )

Dragons appears be4 a new Era starts to train a new human ?

but this will conflict with the idea of Natsu being older than he looks.

If Layla has anything to do with Zeref then I think Zeref will recognise Lucy when he see her because

she really looks like a copy of her mother.

ScottH87
July 15, 2011, 07:08 AM
This was a good chapter, good not great.

Zancrow had far too much potential to get wasted so easily IMO, would have loved to have seen Zancrow Vs Natsu round 2.

Zerefs situation is still intriguing me though and his death magic could still prove to be awesome.

My theory is that Zeref has a split personality alot like Brain/Zero from the Oracian Sies arc. Zerefs evil side was sealed away by Lucys mother using the dragons as the keys like the Sies were. Lucys mother died doing this, but the dragons did not. They were sealed themselves into the bodies of humans now known as the Dragon Slayers. A side effect of the seal was a fragmented memories, alot like Charles prediction powers, so that none of them knew who they actually were, but subconsciously created this backstory for themselves.

Seems farfetched I know, but it also seems legitamate. There are a few plot holes I guess but it wouldnt be the first time that things like this have been retconned.

Shadow Limiter
July 15, 2011, 07:54 AM
My theory is that Zeref has a split personality alot like Brain/Zero from the Oracian Sies arc. Zerefs evil side was sealed away by Lucys mother using the dragons as the keys like the Sies were. Lucys mother died doing this, but the dragons did not. They were sealed themselves into the bodies of humans now known as the Dragon Slayers. A side effect of the seal was a fragmented memories, alot like Charles prediction powers, so that none of them knew who they actually were, but subconsciously created this backstory for themselves.

Seems farfetched I know, but it also seems legitamate. There are a few plot holes I guess but it wouldnt be the first time that things like this have been retconned.

Well ch 101 seems to disagree with your theory as the dragons are shown in the present era (also the fact that Gildarts fought the Black Dragon recently).

Also Zeref was last seen 400 years ago, though it is possible for the Dragons to be alive for that long, or even Natsu and the other original-type dragon slayer (through means of special spells) to be alive from that time, it seems unlikely for Lucy's mother to be alive from that time unless she had some sort of special spell or had some deep connection to either Zeref or the Dragons to let her live that long.

Also i don't think Zeref has split personality. To me he feels like a being who is neither good nor bad, in other words a 'omnipotent being'. His sole purpose of existence (from what i understand) is to create a sort of cycle of destruction & creation.

My feeling (theory) is that Lucy's mother comes from a family of secret keeper who have all the knowledge of what actually happened 400 years ago and also holds the secret to the source of magic, Zeref & the dragons.
The secrets are most probably presently passed down as stories (i.e., fairy tales).

I have another theory that the 100 years quest on which Gildarts went maybe connected to the dragons (hence the reason why Gildarts had to fight the Black Dragon).

I have a off-topic question which i haven't asked yet. In ch 101, Grandine talks about "Dragon King Feast". What do people think it is.
Also what was the talk about 'establishing a more friendly relationship between Natsu & Wendy this time'. Does that mean that Natsu & Wendy have meet before but had a rough relationship (something like being enemies or rivals).

MyuuMyuu
July 15, 2011, 01:46 PM
I hope Mashima say something about the boy stares at the sea before this Arc ends.

does it have to be one natsu ? What if there is more than one Natsu each one for different Era ?.

Am i'm the only one who thought this boy (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/234/19)was Romeo? :blink
i just thought it looked like him, and he has the fairy tail tattoo so he is in the guild..

Darjaille
July 15, 2011, 02:50 PM
Am i'm the only one who thought this boy (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/234/19)was Romeo? :blink
i just thought it looked like him, and he has the fairy tail tattoo so he is in the guild..

You are not alone I think, there was more people thinking it was Romeo. And some were thinking it was Zeref.. and Mavis... anybody :D It's not sure who it is for now, even the gray framing didn' help much as we coudn't agree if it's flashback, or flashforward, or alternative past/future...

I think a lot of people is waiting for explanation.
I hope we get one when the "info" part of this arc comes (Zeref, Layla, source of magic, dragonslayers... the boy that stares at the sea xD)