PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 243 Discussion

ghostexiled
July 09, 2011, 05:10 AM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/71379-Fairy-Tail-243-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

Askia32
July 16, 2011, 12:23 AM
Chapter is out
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/92450233/1

Aikidoka
July 16, 2011, 12:53 AM
Not gonna lie, I honestly thought Natsu's little headbutt was it for Hades. It's not cynicism per se, but I've come to expect the battles to be one-sided in favor of the good guys. So I was surprised that Hades wasn't hurt at all. Dunno what this says lol, that I underestimated the boss so much.

The real surprise is what he did to Wendy, but IMO it's BS. From a literary standpoint Mashima didn't build this up with foreshadowing at all (you could say Wendy and Charle's goodbyes were that, but haven't they always done that before every battle?), and besides, if he would kill anyone off it's definitely not the little kid. No one kills little kids in a story unless it's a dark dark story. Fairy Tail is the opposite of dark.

Wendy's fine.

Keino
July 16, 2011, 12:55 AM
Wow! What an awesome chapter! :hearts Imo it is one of the best I've seen in awhile. The chapter had my heart racing and I sped through it and was left wanting more!

The array of attacks from Natsu and co. were awesome! There will be no need to talk about "where are they getting all that power from" because Wendy provided that. I especially liked that last attack "Unison Raid" which was great team work. Most other mages(we've seen so far) would have been defeated by those attacks which were performed with fantastic unison.

My thoughts on Hades are just wow. I must admit before I read the chapter I was skeptical about how this would have turned out because all signs were pointing to him being overpowered by "nakama power". Alas though Hades was awesome.... taking all that "Makarov's babies" had to offer and call it a warm up. That last attack, If I can call it that was interesting cuz I doubt that Wendy is dead but maybe she is. I'm sure as well we've only seen a minute amount of his power and I'm looking forward to seeing more, that is if he doesn't annihilate them in seconds. :pwned

Wohooo after all the trolling that the 7 kin received I glad Hades has already started to make up for it with this impressive display. :worship2

Krono
July 16, 2011, 01:00 AM
Wendy's fine.

Well, not necessarily fine, just not dead. The other possibilities are generally inconvenient and/or uncomfortable, and most of them call for outside aide of some kind to escape/recover/return from.

saya1987
July 16, 2011, 01:14 AM
the first 6/7 pages were a waste of space. It could be condensed into fewer pages. Then, the next few pages were a teaser ( guess this is normal since almost each and every manga would show its main characters giving their all only to find its futile.) The only interesting part is that unison raid is performed between wendy and lucy. Isn't unison raid supposed to be a rare spell where monks dedicated their lives to achieve but both of them did it with a snap of their fingers! FYI, lucy was present for the 2 unison raids that ever appeared in this manga. She seriously has a talent for casting spells so I wouldn't be surprised if the fairy spell that Kana was supposed to cast to fall into her hands. That spell has yet to show its power.

and why doesn't Lucy use Caprico or Gemini first? It would have totally helped everyone in their attacks. I guess they'll probably appear in the next chapter or so.

As for wendy, no, she won't die. 1) she is a dragonslayer which means she still has to find grandine! 2) the tenou tree that azuma revived will probably save her from death ( since the tree has returned everyone their powers, it would also mean that it could still protect FT members from death.)

Atobe the king
July 16, 2011, 01:14 AM
I should have posted it here i guess...

All the crossover attacks reminded me of AG battles. While it was a fun chapter it was pretty cliche, but i didn't mind lol (especially the warm up line)

Nike Takeuchi
July 16, 2011, 01:17 AM
First time posting in FT's thread.:tem

I really love this chapter...it turned out better than I expect. I was worried that the battle will be too straight foward with no surprises (boring in short), Fairy Tail's teamwork was great but Hades rocks more!! The ending scene proves Hades can use not just chain-magic and ritual spells. Wendy no!!

P.S. This is the second time Unison Raid appears in this manga. The first time was Jubvia and Lucy during the fight against Gérard. Quite excited seeing Natsu and Lucy's Scorpio making a move together:D

saya1987
July 16, 2011, 01:20 AM
First time posting in FT's thread.:tem

P.S. This is the second time Unison Raid appears in this manga. The first time was Jubvia and Lucy during the fight against Gérard. Quite excited seeing Natsu and Lucy's Scorpio making a move together:D

Sorry but I think it was Lucy and Wendy who did the unison raid to give Natsu a boost. Natsu didn't perform unison raid with Lucy

Krono
July 16, 2011, 01:25 AM
and why doesn't Lucy use Caprico or Gemini first? It would have totally helped everyone in their attacks. I guess they'll probably appear in the next chapter or so.

Gemini would have to touch Hades before he could be copied, which would leave Lucy not attacking. Copying one of her allies probably wouldn't be as efficient as attack herself either. As for Caprico, to our knowledge she doesn't formally have his key yet, and the only power we know he has is some hand to hand combat. The whole Human Subordination weakening was Zoldeo's power.

Nike Takeuchi
July 16, 2011, 01:28 AM
Sorry but I think it was Lucy and Wendy who did the unison raid to give Natsu a boost. Natsu didn't perform unison raid with Lucy

read it too fast my mistake... i was wondering why didn't Wendy attack Hades and got vanished by him, oooops!!

ghostexiled
July 16, 2011, 01:36 AM
interesting chapter!

It was smart of Hades to take out Wendy, since she is the healer and supplier of extra power.

This fight should be an interesting one for sure. :)

Kuzumikun
July 16, 2011, 01:39 AM
Watching Lu-chan fight was the food to my hungry eyeballs! Awesome Unison Raid has came back and again Lucy is the one that could do it with another fairy tail member. Always wondered how come Unison Raid only works with someone+Lucy. Anyways POOR Wendy:C i really hope she's okay! I gasped when i saw her disappeared! It seems there is no way that Team Natsu can beat him. With just words he can beat them just like that!

Darjaille
July 16, 2011, 01:44 AM
Yeah, this fight I really love. Not just they didn't do a scratch on him, all teamwork and attacks were really enjoyable.
I guess the "Unison Raid" is power of Lucy and Juvia & Wendy could do it just because of Lucy. Give her more spells, Mashima!!
I'm not worried, Wendy will be eventually OK.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but next chapter is "Thunder crashes" so I it's either just the storm, or believers have their hope Laxus shows up.

Sollum
July 16, 2011, 02:03 AM
Yo,

It's kinda lame that supporter was taken out first.
Also, it's such a trolism... Wendy is OK, nothing to worry about. I bet shes in some sort of closed room... totally naked!!!!

shuha27
July 16, 2011, 02:08 AM
I really liked this chapter. Awesome to see everyone actually working together and not just attacking randomly. I swear Lucy is so awesome. I guess we can finally say she is the reason last time that her and Juvia were able to use Unison Raid. Hopefully we get a more active role of her in this fight. Pretty shocked Hades didn't get hurt at all and it was smart he took out Wendy first.

As Darjaille said I'm pretty sure next weeks chapter is going to be about Laxus returning. It seems pretty obvious....

Omnion_1990
July 16, 2011, 02:34 AM
lololol, those guys were never going to win against him from the start, and now he can blow people up on a molecular scale or disappear? i have a feeling that he turned wendy into light, hence those things which were coming off her. but next week chapter Luxus is coming lolol, "thunder crashes". if he doesnt....its the ultimate trolling.

RaveDragon
July 16, 2011, 02:45 AM
Om Laxus is really coming back...how in the world did he find out, tell me that and i'll be happy =/

Okay Lucy seriously needs to start learning spells, two unision raids in 243 chapters and the one thing that is the same is her >< I want to so see that animated xD

People he takes out the supporter and you call it trolling :-_- i call it intelligence I never win in games due to supporter characters so take them out first, no boost for FT = decrease in everything from defense to offense and no troia for natsu XP i say it was genious

awesome chapter Hades is so strong o.O scary, I like what he said though the experience part i wanna see how its countered =]

Predictions for next chapter:
Something involving Laxus or makarov, most probably both
possibility Laxus arrives
some FT ass whopping coming up before that
climax: arrival of Zeref

MechR
July 16, 2011, 02:49 AM
I'm surprised people thought the group would win so easily :p I didn't expect they'd even manage to pressure Hades like that.

Ero-Sanji
July 16, 2011, 03:25 AM
I thought the whole chapter was pretty cliché and nothing really surprised me except for the ending, however knowing Mashima Wendy is fine and there's nothing to worry about. The thing that caught my eye was actually the title of the next chapter since it might be Laxus's return!!!

S-H-I-G-U-R-E
July 16, 2011, 03:42 AM
What really bothers me is why is Hades acting the way he is? What's is true goal? Did he really have "a change of heart" or was he always evil (at least apparently)?

RaveDragon
July 16, 2011, 03:46 AM
What really bothers me is why is Hades acting the way he is? What's is true goal? Did he really have "a change of heart" or was he always evil (at least apparently)?

I know right he seemed like a nice sensible man, and what makes it more interesting is that it happened what 48 years prior the events of today so how old is he??? it could be he got hold of some corrupted Zeref object and got bad or something :s but if he was always evil and had been a former FT master doing bad things in cover i think it would be more interesting, but lets see he probably lost family or something =s

wooticus
July 16, 2011, 04:18 AM
i guess the chapter went like you can expect it. Fairy Tail going all out from the beginning just to notice that Hades won't even be scratched. i liked it, the drawing was nice and we saw some nice teamwork, but it was made obvious that fairy tails strongest team + wendy is far away from being enough.

we certainly won't see an "asspull" like a "protecting-your-friends-boost" here i guess, although we have to see how natsu will react next chapter. Next chapter will start with hades explaining what he did to wendy and natsu will go crazy - but won't be able to harm him. i wonder what his spell is about because wendy just disappeared without her clothers being affected..

next chapters title totally sounds like laxus return.. but i don't know, wouldn't it be to obvious? Thunder crashing from the sky might also mean etherion being about to be fired. or zeref joining. Well i certainly think we will see zeref before laxus because even laxus can't be strong enough to defeat hades i think. But well, a reawakened zeref might be an difficult opponent for hades..
Don't understand me wrong, a entrance of laxus crashing like thunder from the sky would be just epic. But he can't be stronger than natsu, erza, gray and lucy together empowered by wendy.. and he would have to be MUCH stronger. the only thing i can imagine here is that laxus powered by friendship and feelings for his grandfather is 100x stronger than laxus driven by hate. Or well, of course there would be the laxus/natsu double team. But after all the only chance laxus doing something is him obtaining fairy glitter or the other spell. maybe cana can hand it over to him, in his hands it might be powerful enough to at least injure hades.

zelllogan
July 16, 2011, 04:19 AM
I really doubt this fight will be won by the current members of fairy tail on the ship.
Due to the fact that Makarov was taken down, the only one who should finish Hades is IMO Luxus.

Sollum
July 16, 2011, 04:21 AM
People he takes out the supporter and you call it trolling :-_- i call it intelligence I never win in games due to supporter characters so take them out first, no boost for FT = decrease in everything from defense to offense and no troia for natsu XP i say it was genious

I called it trolling for other reason actually...
Mashima made Wendy's disappearance look like "OMAGAD! WENDY GONE!", but she is alright, 'cos she belongs to the good guys.

Aw damn, first time i've read next chapters title i was like:
"Hmmm, maybe Hades is Rai Dragon Slayer?"
But after few seconds i was like "Wait... Laxus is fake DS...... FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--"

monkey D luffy
July 16, 2011, 05:10 AM
poor wendy, im sure she isnt dead but she got transfered somewhere and she is probably very confused, and naked...
oh god maybe it was better for her to die XD

ca12nag3
July 16, 2011, 05:14 AM
Good chapter, pretty straight forward. Im surprised that Wendy got taken out. But like some said before its logical to take the suport out first. No more boosts and healing.
Seems like Hades was just kidding thrue the first bit and didnt even get a dent. Now he switches to serious mode and they dont stand a chance. Other then this there isnt much to say.

Well next weeks title sugests thunder = laxus? Or is it just about this thunderstorm atm and something related to that. O well we will see.

ScottH87
July 16, 2011, 05:18 AM
Wow.

Just wow.

Some proper organised team work for a change, rather than the my friends are near by so i get 100 times stronger! Hades is bad ass aswell. I really like his character and I'm really looking forward to him caving through the fairy tail for a while before he inevitably gets beat.

Luxus coming back next chapter, Natsu getting angry over Wendys "death" its gonna be awesome.

I don't think Wendy is dead by the way. My guess is she'll reappear as a corrupted evil version of herself, buffing Hades to even more ridiculous levels. That'll mean that Luxus and Natsu can take care on Hades while the others try and restrain Wendy.

The council are gonna have to make their move soon aswell. My guess is Doranbolt/Mest will join the fight aswell somehow before the threat of Etherion returns.

lordoffantasy
July 16, 2011, 05:19 AM
reminds a bit ofa few chapters ago, when erza looked like she was defeated by the tree guy. it seems to me she got teleported, or something similar. still, unlikely she is dead. she is a dragon slayer and apparently has a destiny. still, she might be out for the battle, at least.
personally, i see makarov coming back, enraged about the pain inflicted on his children, but it will be a suicide run.

ShoobyDooBop
July 16, 2011, 05:21 AM
I was actually worried they were gonna beat him at first. :x Anyways nice chapter glad to see "Friendship" get owned by evil."Thunder Crashes" definitely sounds like Laxus is coming. I don't even know why they bothered drawing any sort of surprise on Hades face. He would have seemed more BAMF if he was just like "ya whatever" all the way up till the "pop goes the wendy"

ca12nag3
July 16, 2011, 05:33 AM
I was actually worried they were gonna beat him at first. :x Anyways nice chapter glad to see "Friendship" get owned by evil."Thunder Crashes" definitely sounds like Laxus is coming. I don't even know why they bothered drawing any sort of surprise on Hades face. He would have seemed more BAMF if he was just like "ya whatever" all the way up till the "pop goes the wendy"

Dorothy just went back to Kansas thats all there is to it ^^ I hope its some sort of teleport but im not too sure. Why would she lose her clothes? It seems its an ability that makes life or the living vanish yet the dead material > clothes remain. So i dont call it teleport yet.

Black Void
July 16, 2011, 06:26 AM
i used a translator.. and katsu means different thing.. but i just took the best meanings:

Katsu : divide, cut, halve, separate, split, rip, break

Zeltrax
July 16, 2011, 07:18 AM
^ Knowing fairy tail i really doubt wendy is

divide, cut, halve, , rip, break
More like
separate, split, I think Hades sent wendy to other dimension, pretty sure she is already and that act is needed for natsu to go raging.
I really hope that when all that rage goes to his head he won't win by that or pull a kyuubi or hollow.
I believe that won't happen.

Hades is..hades, like what hell is. Must be like total despair when you lose one of your member infront of you that instantly.
I won't lie either, I thought natsu had won back then but I'm glad all that he destroyed was hades' cloak.
Discussion is about whether laxus will turn up or not.. I think he won't as I only want to see him if there's ever a raven tail arc.
Won't make much difference even if he is here, he is still weak.
Maybe a few injuries here and there for hades but nothing he can't handle.

I think zeref will appear soon and end this either by helping fairy tail or harming them.

lordoffantasy
July 16, 2011, 08:38 AM
i used a translator.. and katsu means different thing.. but i just took the best meanings:

it means a lot of different things. however she was not divied, nor halved, or cut, or broken. considering we have not seen any cleaving or breaking, she suddenly seems to burst into light and vanish. likely, since his name is hades, she has been transported somewhere, a limbo. he did nto use it on makarov because that was his opponent. he would have destroyed him permanantly this way after he was thrashed. he simply transported her. beside, if he was cleaving of dividing, the clothes would have been destroyed.
i think this is played as future comedic reference, when they get her back and she is naked.
likely, since his name is hades, she is being Punished. the author does not kill off his characters so easily.
think of it this way. that rusty rose guy could only will things into existence temporarily. likely hades could only disapear people temporarily. there is not dominant power in fairy tail, or at least a man owuld not have it. even the time magic or urtear is limited.

people who vanish in these kinds of manga and comics aren't killed or destroyed. a certain silver manipulator was apparently vanished to oblivion in this authors previous manga.

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

back up is needed, that is for sure. you make a good point, especially since the author does not kill character through vanishing. there is no way he would create a power that you can simply vanish someone to death. urtear oculd not affect people with time magic, and rusty rose could not will something permanantly into existence. the only absolute power is what hades has not, and is seeking. even zeref, apaprnetly ultimate, has limits, likely. and he killed zancrow, for real, with that acnologia power. scary.
let us not forget that, while uprooted, the tree is still in power. you can't kill a fairy tail so easily on this island.

Kauia
July 16, 2011, 08:42 AM
Such an exciting chapter. I love it! :D The starts all amazing. FT's team fights really amazing. This is the second time Lucy's used unison raid. I hope the source of magic will be revealed and you know, natsu, dragons, layla, lucy and zeref.

Seeing the title for the next chapter's makes you feel excited. Thunder. Laxus s the first thing that'll come to your mind. It could be about the Magic council. The MC definitely has a heavy role to play maybe during the fight, after or when Hades is losing. As for Laxus, if he appeared, tha'ts going to be epic. Since Laxus used an artificial magic slayer magic before, I'm wondering what kind of magic he uses now? His father thought he was weak. Buuut Laxus probably has a lot of potential. Who knows, when he makes an appearance it could be magic unlike before. It could be lightning magic, one that's completely different from the one he used to have. Or that dragon slayer magic he has is just a boost of what'll he be when he shows up.

Bbbuuuut first, Fairy tail's going to be all shocked and bashed up whhhheeeenn, tada! Someone who could be either Zeref or Laxus would intervene in the fight. Or a revelation.

Capricorn is being saved for an epic fight in an epic moment with an epic speech. I hope.

ghostexiled
July 16, 2011, 08:47 AM
I would like to see Gildartz take on Hades... give him a good run for his money, but eventually lose.

I think a battle like that would set the record straight in the eyes of the younger generation, by letting them know what kinda of power is ACTUALLY possible.

Natsu got a taste of it... but for him and the others to actually see Gildartz go all out would be a whole new ball game.

exacta
July 16, 2011, 09:09 AM
The first part of this fight was really good, Gray's Icemake Stairs and Cold Excalibur were awesome, and Hades is doing quite well.....but unfortunately I can't get my hopes up. And Wendy is obviously going to be fine from Deidara's erm I mean Hades' "Katsu" spell lol.

llamapie
July 16, 2011, 09:37 AM
Its probably an asspull but it seems obvious to me that the ship has a lot to do with Hades power right now. He should not have stood up after that attack. So basically what they sent the exceed to do is extremely vital to this battle. They're all gonna get beaten down, then the exceed will pull through after narrowly winning whatever fight they had and Hades will become vulnerable and old - and much weaker.

Think about it. He stayed on his ship and they made a point to send someone to kill the power core under the pretense that Natsu would get sick if it moves.

White Silver King
July 16, 2011, 09:39 AM
Nice chapter! I got scared for a second when they Unison Raided. Some nice attacks from FT, I was really impressed by their teamwork. I don't think Wendy is dead, she can't be, but it was a smart move by Hades to remove their support and healing mage. Shit's about to hit the fan, but Hades is going for the kill so he can't win by FT Law.

mr.danly
July 16, 2011, 10:20 AM
Next Chapter: Thunder Crashes

Cue: Luxus's entrance at the end of the chapter when all hope seems lost.

LanceX
July 16, 2011, 11:22 AM
Laxus found out because When Makarov got blasted he reached his hand out and said reach out to the person who will be my successor

then the next shot is Laxus with a weird feeling looking off into a direction. Clear foreshadowing that Laxus is returning

Om Laxus is really coming back...how in the world did he find out, tell me that and i'll be happy =/

Okay Lucy seriously needs to start learning spells, two unision raids in 243 chapters and the one thing that is the same is her >< I want to so see that animated xD

awesome chapter Hades is so strong o.O scary, I like what he said though the experience part i wanna see how its countered =]

Predictions for next chapter:
Something involving Laxus or makarov, most probably both
possibility Laxus arrives
some FT ass whopping coming up before that
climax: arrival of Zeref

Magnus
July 16, 2011, 11:56 AM
Wow that was a neat chapter, kinda reminded me of the battle against Aizen in Bleach. Mashima made the FT folks coordinate their abilities in a very well-thought way, but there's no way in hell Big Boss Hades could be defeated so easily.
the last couple of pages was totally unexpected, I wonder if Wendy will come back naked when the spell is undone or if she'll return exactly where she disappeared, in her clothes.

Uriel
July 16, 2011, 12:04 PM
Finally a great chapter after some disappointment.
Please, don't make Hades like Urtear, Mashima!!

PS: It's only me or that character on the cover is completely new?

1337 haxor
July 16, 2011, 01:26 PM
First of all ASDFQAEGRWAEGSGFARGAWT4T14T'4T241!%$!r :gwah

It's really a pain when my expectations are confrimed because I usually hail some serious dark stuff happening over major characters.

Anyhow, I told you all Hades was a beast, he is a cold blooded murderer who doesn't give two straws for holding back in killing people.

Fairy Tail team work was amazing.

Back to seriousness things are going as I tought, Hades is going to push people to their limits and awake a beast that will take care of him be it Natsu, Zeref, Lucy or an angry Mashima stabbing him with a pencil.

Regardless of cruelty I got agree that Hades battle knowledge is anything but solid and masterful, he went after the healer from the get go and that can put to death all the opposing faction much easier.

As for especulation regarding Wendy's fate she is by no means dead, if you pay attention Hades used a discipline magic on her and that mean she was put into some sort of pseudo reality under Hades control.

When Gildartz hit Natsu with his breaking magic the latter transformed into an army of midget versions of him so body destruction doesn't mean death in this series.

If the discipline magic is true then Hades will probably put the FT mages through their worse nightmares until they break and he kills them.

Got to give in, this is one hell of a broken villain.

kkck
July 16, 2011, 01:40 PM
I liked the chapter although hades did seem to be more power than expected. If I recall, jose who setting aside fairy was as strong as makarov, said erza could have indeed given him a good fight. Given that even with hades I would not have thought their group could have pushed him a tiny bit but it does not seem to be the case right now.

As for the next chapter, it is pretty obvious that luxus is arriving to the island. What else could thunder clashes be about? The arc has been going on for over a day now, it is the perfect moment for luxus to arrive.

Naruffy
July 16, 2011, 01:43 PM
Next chapter is called Thunder Crashes... Laxus anyone?

Wishful thinking, I know. Anyways, I liked this chapter the fighting was pretty good. Can't wait to see what develops next chapter though, maybe Natsu will rage, either way it should be interesting?

Darjaille
July 16, 2011, 02:49 PM
Seeing this, Mashima would do big a twist if Wendy was down for real. I mean, there's noone that doubts she will live on :D

Blanka
July 16, 2011, 02:54 PM
Ever since Makarov sent out a distress beacon, and Gildartz disappearing I have been excited about the rest of the S-Class returning. Gildartz returned awesome but I knew from 1st instance that he had to fight Blue Note. Luxus is the wildcard. He knows Fairy Law, and has most likely pretty advanced magic. He left after demonstrating serious control of Dragon Slayer magic, and did not really lose to Gazille and Natsu.
Dragon Slayers:
Wendy enhances attacks, Gazille morphing between offensive and defensive structures, and Natsu's pure destruction were amazing in combination in Edenia.
Marko shot through chest by Hades, i think would only scratch Luxus. His body was so durable when fighting two full power dragon slayers.

Excited, but would literally lose it if he brought cobra along, cause i want all dragon slayers to fight as one. Or a cat so he can fly too.

Kuzumikun
July 16, 2011, 03:22 PM

Would if she got divided to mini Wendys like Natsu X3 just a thought errr but my guess is she did get transported somewhere since it seems like she vanished in thin air. There is no way that Team Natsu stands a chance to win against that old man >:C

Krono
July 16, 2011, 03:43 PM
Marko shot through chest by Hades, i think would only scratch Luxus. His body was so durable when fighting two full power dragon slayers.

His body was "so durable" when fighting Natsu and Gajeel because he was using his own DS magic to defend against theirs. It's like Erza using her lightning armor against Laxus, or her water armor against Juvia. It speaks more of having the appropriate defense for damage mitigation than it does of raw power or durability. Compare that to Gildarts and Blue Note who simply tanked Natsu's attacks with their raw power.

Furthermore remember that Makarov tanked a shot from GH's Jupiter Cannon just by blocking it with his giant forearm. The same kind of cannon that Phantom Lord had and Erza blocked at the cost of her defense armor being wrecked and herself being knocked out for a few minutes. I dare say that it's power should outmatch anything that Natsu and Gajeel hit Laxus with. Including both the double dragon roars and the finishing attack from Natsu that KOed Laxus, but merely pushed Gildarts back a little.

ca12nag3
July 16, 2011, 04:38 PM
Regardless of anything we will not get a tripple dragon here. Also this would be cheap since its already used in the Edolas arc. I only hope Wendy will be ok after the fight. So the author has by taking Gajeel into the first aid center and taking care of Wendy by letting Hades defeat her first taken away the possibility of any dragon tagteam (the regular ones).

We still dont know if Zeref might show up and if he is a dragonslayer or not, and that leaves Laxus. However i dont think dragonslayer tagteams should be used to much it gets old fast.

Now that this full teamup has failed there has to be a mage showing up to fight Hades or else their all gonna go to the land of Oz.

ErosVp
July 16, 2011, 06:20 PM
Mashima will be trolling with us if Luxus don't show up, but at the same time... Will be Luxus really helpfull against Hades? Even if he joins the party, the only way I think Hades can lose without an asspull is losing to Zeref!

BlackHair
July 16, 2011, 06:55 PM
For me Hades lost already his awesomeness, the moment he started with his "surprised/unexpected" face. Not to mention losing his cape xD

Well anyway, after this chapter and the "hint" for next weeks one, I expect Hades to lose (unlike my early prediction weeks before). Laxus will join 'nd maybe some more ppl, idk but either way he will lose.

I think this arc is just a setup for Zeref. He will most likely play the major villain in the following arc.

MechR
July 16, 2011, 07:34 PM
Its probably an asspull but it seems obvious to me that the ship has a lot to do with Hades power right now. He should not have stood up after that attack. So basically what they sent the exceed to do is extremely vital to this battle. They're all gonna get beaten down, then the exceed will pull through after narrowly winning whatever fight they had and Hades will become vulnerable and old - and much weaker.

Think about it. He stayed on his ship and they made a point to send someone to kill the power core under the pretense that Natsu would get sick if it moves.Nah. Hades wasn't on the ship when he beat Makarov.

suning
July 16, 2011, 08:00 PM
nice chapter funny that on shounen manga type you usually don't win in with a group mostly solo fights.
also i am pretty he used a teleport spell on wendy since you can see her body getting distort same as when you are teleporting so if there is already someone who controls gravity, time then hades control space is nothing new.

Krono
July 16, 2011, 08:03 PM
Mashima will be trolling with us if Luxus don't show up, but at the same time... Will be Luxus really helpfull against Hades? Even if he joins the party, the only way I think Hades can lose without an asspull is losing to Zeref!

Before people get it too fixed in their minds that the next chapter title means that Laxus will appear, keep in mind that there's a thunder storm going on at the moment, and that using thunder and lightning as a back drop for something bad or menacing is not exactly an uncommon literary tool.

ErosVp
July 16, 2011, 08:29 PM
Before people get it too fixed in their minds that the next chapter title means that Laxus will appear, keep in mind that there's a thunder storm going on at the moment, and that using thunder and lightning as a back drop for something bad or menacing is not exactly an uncommon literary tool.

Maybe. Luxus wouldn't be much of help against a monster like Hades... But as BlackHair said, if Hades is so strong then why he showed faces of surprise when he was being atacked?

1337 haxor
July 16, 2011, 09:35 PM
Maybe. Luxus wouldn't be much of help against a monster like Hades... But as BlackHair said, if Hades is so strong then why he showed faces of surprise when he was being atacked?

It's kind of simple to explain, a major villain with surprised expressions is an easy way of fooling the audience that the good guys are truly being successful at fighting him.

Had Hades remained "not amused" through the whole chapter would we feel the same when the bastard stepped up and dematerialized Wendy?

It's not that FT made any gains, it's just that Mashima wanted to troll his characters and if he doesn't get an inch of hope to the readers than there is no fun in crushing it.

Franckie
July 16, 2011, 09:38 PM

I'm hoping Hades is defeated by an awakened Zeref because I can't stomach the alternative ending: Natsu defeating Hades with Nakama Punch.

For me Hades lost already his awesomeness, the moment he started with his "surprised/unexpected" face. After that he lost his cape xD

Well anyway, after this chapter and the "hint" for next weeks one, I expect Hades to lose, unlike my first prediction chapters earlier. Laxus will join maybe some more ppl, idk but either way, he will lose.

I think this arc is just a setup for Zeref. He will most likely play the major villain in the following arc.

The character has become increasingly ridiculous with him doing nothing until all of his subordinates were defeated. Acquiring Zeref would have been a 5-minute job had he'd been actively involved from the start after defeating Makarov. My hope is that he loses to Zeref with some of his dignity intact instead of succumbing to jobbing like many of the previous major villains.

saya1987
July 16, 2011, 10:40 PM

I agree with you! The thunder storm seems to be an important feature since it has emphasized several times. May be something else is causing the heavy rain and storm. Secondly, Laxus has the lightning element not thunder! Lastly and most importantly, Laxus wouldn't be powerful without his lacrima and if his lacrima could be extracted by his dad, Hades could do it easily too.

Personally, I believe he won't appear until raven tail arc and even if he does, it will probably be the end of this arc when Marakov is on his sick bed.

lordoffantasy
July 17, 2011, 12:53 AM
It's kind of simple to explain, a major villain with surprised expressions is an easy way of fooling the audience that the good guys are truly being successful at fighting him.

Had Hades remained "not amused" through the whole chapter would we feel the same when the bastard stepped up and dematerialized Wendy?

It's not that FT made any gains, it's just that Mashima wanted to troll his characters and if he doesn't get an inch of hope to the readers than there is no fun in crushing it.

doesn't change much. this is a shounen, and hiro has not been well known for killing off his characters at all. still, hrio left us wandering what exactly hades did, as he has done in the manga before, and in rave master. we will see her again, but we should expect a heavy thrashing to our heroes.

fairly, we have to acknowledge that our heroes are thrashed. they are exhausted and tired, the tenrou helping ot keep them on their feet. if they were fresh, then it would be another story.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

he will usually forshadow or design characters to die off. when he wrote and drew gale glory, he was intending to end the man's life. he gave hints and clues to this fate. it was fitting, as while gale raregroove perished, he would be joined by his friend. wendy has not been designed to die yet, or at all. authors design thei rcharacters to theri fates. just as zancrow was doomed to die, and if you saw closely they are hints. if anything, hiro is not sloppy when it comes to those designs. shounen are generally happy endings. death note a example of an alteration of that, but it was kind of obvious from the get go. mahou sensei negima is also more violent know, but that was intended, and sitll holds its natures. however manga like fairytail, one piece, naruto, and bleach generally keep the same theme. still, they often fight, bitch, bite, and struggle through their trials.
also remember both erxa and the silver manipulate of rave master both apparently died, the silver guy in a way somewhat similar to wendy, and both survived.

frozen18ice
July 17, 2011, 01:53 AM
i love the chapter, very epic, i think the dragon slayer magic going down with hades, wendy got owned, next is natsu hades is pulling him in with chains, i bet its up to erza, gray, lucy and luxus coz hes not a real dragon slayer he wont be affected by hades power. plus wendy being gone only good reason to take natsu out of the picture also being their powers are similar.

RaveDragon
July 17, 2011, 05:25 AM
I agree with you! The thunder storm seems to be an important feature since it has emphasized several times. May be something else is causing the heavy rain and storm. Secondly, Laxus has the lightning element not thunder! Lastly and most importantly, Laxus wouldn't be powerful without his lacrima and if his lacrima could be extracted by his dad, Hades could do it easily too.

Personally, I believe he won't appear until raven tail arc and even if he does, it will probably be the end of this arc when Marakov is on his sick bed.

Mavis spirit angry at the destruction of his precious island? and the 3rd generation in danger? cuz tbqh I prefer Laxus not appearing right now because he has no way to know what is happening unless someone gave him a phone call lol xD

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

, I think Hades sent wendy to other dimension, pretty sure she is already and that act is needed for natsu to go raging.
I really hope that when all that rage goes to his head he won't win by that or pull a kyuubi or hollow.
I believe that won't happen.

Hades is..hades, like what hell is. Must be like total despair when you lose one of your member infront of you that instantly.
I won't lie either, I thought natsu had won back then but I'm glad all that he destroyed was hades' cloak.
Discussion is about whether laxus will turn up or not.. I think he won't as I only want to see him if there's ever a raven tail arc.
Won't make much difference even if he is here, he is still weak.
Maybe a few injuries here and there for hades but nothing he can't handle.

I think zeref will appear soon and end this either by helping fairy tail or harming them.

Could it be she meets with an important character and brings him/her to the island? maybe the boy or someone else.

Lozmaster
July 17, 2011, 08:39 AM
Secondly, Laxus has the lightning element not thunder!

I hope you're not being serious.:-_- Thunder is the sound made by lightning, you don't get one without the other.

Lastly and most importantly, Laxus wouldn't be powerful without his lacrima and if his lacrima could be extracted by his dad, Hades could do it easily too.

Yes, Luxus' father wanted to remove his lacrima. You assume it would be easy based on what? Nothing. Why would hades even know he has lacrima in him, or have either the medical knowledge or magical spell required to remove them? Theres no proof or logic to suggest he has either of those

saya1987
July 17, 2011, 10:26 AM
I hope you're not being serious.:-_- Thunder is the sound made by lightning, you don't get one without the other.

Yes, Luxus' father wanted to remove his lacrima. You assume it would be easy based on what? Nothing. Why would hades even know he has lacrima in him, or have either the medical knowledge or magical spell required to remove them? Theres no proof or logic to suggest he has either of those

FYI, I do know that lightning goes together. However, just because they're related, it does not mean that thunder equates to lightning which further assumed to equate to laxus!

Secondly, given the backdrop and abundance of subtle hints that "it's raining so heavily" throughout this arc, don't you think there's something else that is causing this occurance? Or that it's just a literary device to heighten the tension?

Personally, it's just plain weird for laxus to show up as though he has a GPS. It's also weird to have laxus working with the rest of team natsu.

I think you should give Hades some credits for his knowledge and experience. For someone who's going for the purest source of magic, it would be ridiculous to assume that he can't differentiate between real and fake DS magic.

White Silver King
July 17, 2011, 10:44 AM
jose who setting aside fairy was as strong as makarov,
Jose is not nearly as strong as Makarov. Jose got wtfpwned by him.

exacta
July 17, 2011, 10:46 AM
Luxus' entrance will be awesome, but technically he shouldn't be able to beat Hades either lol. Unless he's been training like CRAZY.

What Hades did to Wendy reminds me very much of when Mashima had Doryu "kill" Musica. It appeared that Musica was literally eaten up by darkness, but he was actually just transported or something, don't remember.....but yeah, theres no doubt that Wendy will be okay. Hopefully Mashima won't repeat what he did to Musica in Rave completely and have a crazy doctor turn Wendy into a freaking werewolf......yeahhhhhhh.......

llamapie
July 17, 2011, 06:53 PM
Ok what I(we) can conclude from this chapter is that Hades' ship offers him some sort of advantage when he is on it. If he is this strong naturally there was no reason for him to make them fight on his ship when he could just as easily destroy them on the island.

The other reason I think this is because the exceed were sent to take out the power source, where the initial reason given was to keep Natsu from getting motion sickness. Seems obvious to me now that it will actually result in turning the tables on Hades.

swordsaintscoot
July 17, 2011, 08:17 PM
I think people are forgetting one thing.

One of Gildartz' magic is called CRASH magic. Thunder Crashes could very well have something to do with gildartz.

It'd be pretty cool with Gildartz used the lightning storm against Hades. He used his crash magic on lightning to widen it's range and like, demolish the ship and destroy everything lol.

ErosVp
July 17, 2011, 08:19 PM
cuz tbqh I prefer Laxus not appearing right now because he has no way to know what is happening unless someone gave him a phone call lol xD

did someone give Gerard a phone call and told him Erza was in danger? Their interaction had no meaning either...

Ifrit
July 18, 2011, 08:01 AM
ok....Now...no need to say anything 10/10 chapter LOVE the attacks....and HADES ...just wow...LOL

but...now please tell me guys...THUNDER CRASHES ? My favorite Character is coming ? I just can't wait..... Q_Q

LIGHTING IS MY FAVORITE ELEMENT ( I HOPE HE APPEARS AND GO PICKATCHUUUUU ON HADES )
---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

I think people are forgetting one thing.

One of Gildartz' magic is called CRASH magic. Thunder Crashes could very well have something to do with gildartz.

It'd be pretty cool with Gildartz used the lightning storm against Hades. He used his crash magic on lightning to widen it's range and like, demolish the ship and destroy everything lol.

If Luxus/LAxus not coming ...I would like that Gildartz is my 2nd favorite character xDDD

lordoffantasy
July 18, 2011, 11:15 AM
i went ot examine doranbolt, who is a teleporter mage, along with memory alteration. it is almost certain that wendy was the victim of some form of teleportation magic. the lines, and the fact her body became lighter, and suddenly vanishing, is all similar ot hsi magic. fairy tail does keep that similar magic have similar methods. ice magic manifests similarily, and so does fire magic and spells that exquip. as far as we know, doranbolt is actually responsible for her disappearance, though i htink it is more likely hades is involved. then again, maybe when Hades shouted Katsu, he was saying i am going to punish you, not a magic.

Ifrit
July 18, 2011, 11:17 AM
real and fake DS magic.

You know for a fake dragon slayer he beat 2 real dragon slayers with one fake roar dragon slayer magic.

btw...why can't Laxus handle HADES really ?

This is Makorov words on laxus power.

"His Power is without doubt over WHELMING"

lordoffantasy
July 18, 2011, 11:20 AM
i think it owuld not be implausible that laxus could get to the island quickly. lightning moves at light speed, so maybe he can travel it. i doubt he will have much part to play here. a part of me is hoping that makarov comes back for round two, though in my heart i think it would be suicide. perhaps wound hades enough so that his kids can finish them.

RaveDragon
July 18, 2011, 12:18 PM
You know for a fake dragon slayer he beat 2 real dragon slayers with one fake roar dragon slayer magic.

btw...why can't Laxus handle HADES really ?

This is Makorov words on laxus power.

"His Power is without doubt over WHELMING"

yes true but we know Laxus knew he couldnt take makarov thus he made sure he wasnt in the fighting festival, Makarov knows Laxus is strong but he was beaten by 2 very strong people, Hades pummeled 3 very strong people, a very good support and a potentialy dangerous one. Laxus might be strong but he lacks experience and wisdom which Hades has. Im not saying he cant ever win, im just thinking getting him back is too early when he could use this plot to awaken Zeref and set an arc or something for him.

It was mentioned before he would come for his fathers arc, well that makes sense, his feelings made him come back to ft and then we get that particular reunion and whatnot. making Laxus reenter now would also also take some of his entrance spotlight since it would be given immediately to zeref and natsu (possibly Lucy) and i want him to have his father son arc tbh and be extra badass. or he gets beaten :/ lets face it hades is needed for some explanations...Plus okay he gets the message to come back by some awesome feelings towaards makarov i can go with that but its barely been a day on the island he first needs to get back to the guild ask where the others are and get to the island. I dont know if he can get there fast enough...

Kazu-Sama
July 18, 2011, 01:28 PM
To everybody saying Luxus can move at the speed of light, have we actually seen him do this? Because fire can move pretty rapidly, Air can go over 70mph in storms easily, and yet Mest teleported Wendy and Natsu has NEVER been shown to move as fast as fire can outside of comic relief... The idea of Doranbalt and the council stepping in seems to me to be what's likely to happen - either that or Cana uses Fairy Glitter. Gil can't move, Mashima hates Sieg/Bixlow, Makarov got stomped, Mira got stomped, nobody cna really help.

Oh, and Luxus - if he beats Hades - will have had to train a ridiculous amount. We've seen what 2 Dragonslayers, Gray, Ersa and Lucy did to Hades with even a Unison raid.

On that topic, what're the odds that Unison Raid becomes a frequent attacking move when there's a team fight?

ShoobyDooBop
July 18, 2011, 03:33 PM
To everybody saying Luxus can move at the speed of light, have we actually seen him do this? Because fire can move pretty rapidly, Air can go over 70mph in storms easily, and yet Mest teleported Wendy and Natsu has NEVER been shown to move as fast as fire can outside of comic relief... The idea of Doranbalt and the council stepping in seems to me to be what's likely to happen - either that or Cana uses Fairy Glitter. Gil can't move, Mashima hates Sieg/Bixlow, Makarov got stomped, Mira got stomped, nobody cna really help.

Oh, and Luxus - if he beats Hades - will have had to train a ridiculous amount. We've seen what 2 Dragonslayers, Gray, Ersa and Lucy did to Hades with even a Unison raid.

On that topic, what're the odds that Unison Raid becomes a frequent attacking move when there's a team fight?

Yeah, I have seen Laxus move at that speed. Um.... When Natsu was about to punch him when he was being arrogant and the guild was being repaired. When he appeared as a bolt of lightning before the Battle of Fairy Tail. When he was fighting Mystogan. That's all I can remember.

Krono
July 18, 2011, 06:30 PM
To everybody saying Luxus can move at the speed of light, have we actually seen him do this?

No, he can't move at the speed of light. He can move at the speed of lightning, which while fast, is significantly slower than the speed of light. That's only if he turns into a lightning bolt like can be seen here:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v15/c120/11.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v15/c120/12.html

Though anyone that tries to use that as proof that he's too fast in combat for others to defeat needs to reread this section of the Natsu & Gajeel vs Laxus fight:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v15/c124/6.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v15/c124/7.html

luffyg2
July 18, 2011, 10:51 PM
Ok now I really don't want to see another friendship or the power of being in Fairy Tail thing coming into play and making them defeat Hades. They need to get a proper power up that as nothing to do with friendship, or help from someone else (Gildarts, Makarov or Laxus) and even then it would be hard

Ifrit
July 19, 2011, 01:14 AM
yes true but we know Laxus knew he couldnt take makarov thus he made sure he wasnt in the fighting festival, Makarov knows Laxus is strong but he was beaten by 2 very strong people, Hades pummeled 3 very strong people, a very good support and a potentialy dangerous one. Laxus might be strong but he lacks experience and wisdom which Hades has. Im not saying he cant ever win, im just thinking getting him back is too early when he could use this plot to awaken Zeref and set an arc or something for him.

It was mentioned before he would come for his fathers arc, well that makes sense, his feelings made him come back to ft and then we get that particular reunion and whatnot. making Laxus reenter now would also also take some of his entrance spotlight since it would be given immediately to zeref and natsu (possibly Lucy) and i want him to have his father son arc tbh and be extra badass. or he gets beaten :/ lets face it hades is needed for some explanations...Plus okay he gets the message to come back by some awesome feelings towaards makarov i can go with that but its barely been a day on the island he first needs to get back to the guild ask where the others are and get to the island. I dont know if he can get there fast enough...

I don't want laxus to come too...you know bec. like you said...in a short time from a place we don't know where he is....and I still hope HADES get defeated by AWAKEN ZEREF....but I was just responding on posts that say laxus power is not enough to handle HADES ..I mean he might actually force HADES to change his magic using this metal hooks...he just grab them and use his lighting element as advantage.

Also I think Freed said to Juvia and CAna that laxus is not fighting because he is saving his power to fight Makarov..not sure tho it was long time ago it's said in manga not in anime I think...

mumbojumbo
July 19, 2011, 01:58 AM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this earlier but, the next Chapter is - 'Thunder Crashes'.

I think that it is going to be joint effort by Laxus - Thunder and Gildarts - Crashes. Makes sense, since in the hierarchy of being the most powerful at Fairy Tail, these two are next in line after Makarov.

Ifrit
July 19, 2011, 03:21 AM
@ RaveDragon since your a Lucy Fan ...I think something bad is going to happen to her....When HADES said :

"The Mistakes people make.....speech
Or Maybe I'm just wrong, but why only showing Lucy face surprised from HADES still standing up in the first page then the rest....I actually thought Lucy is the first one to get it,but we are close from Natsu crying next chapter I think while he sees every1 get owned by HADES....again maybe I'm wrong.

ErosVp
July 19, 2011, 06:03 AM
Think more carefully i don't really want Luxus to arrive because he wouldn't have a good spotlight... But Luxus could help a little considering he is as strong as a master, he could easily take jose or zero.

And i had totally forgot about the scene/prediction with Natsu crying. I don't know what is going to happen anymore, to led to such event...

RaveDragon
July 19, 2011, 06:19 AM
@ RaveDragon since your a Lucy Fan ...I think something bad is going to happen to her....When HADES said :

"The Mistakes people make.....speech
Or Maybe I'm just wrong, but why only showing Lucy face surprised from HADES still standing up in the first page then the rest....I actually thought Lucy is the first one to get it,but we are close from Natsu crying next chapter I think while he sees every1 get owned by HADES....again maybe I'm wrong.

There have been so many hints but i seriously dont know, i think i read Mashima loves drawing Lucy somewhere in the extras so he might have drawn her because for him she's the most fun >< but i guess we have so much hinting at her DOING something that she might actually get kicked.

You think Natsu would cry if she got hurt? :/ might be the prediction thing coming up ^^

I think its plausible he is the last one remaining and someone takes a hit for him, it might be Lucy since
1- she had that imp pat to do
2- Lisanna told her stay close to natsu

I'm sure next week we will have a desperate badly beaten FT.

now that i think about it thunder is like an upgrade for lightning, so maybe we get Laxus coming back to FT but i dont think he'll be seen on the island just decides to come back on instinct or something its not possible unless mashima explains it well and all the rest i said before =]

Anyway i feel the fun just increased a notch in the manga now ^^ big explanations coming up for sure =] maybe Hades gets a flashback, we get to know where wendy got taken.

Wendy could easily bring someone back with her wherever she went, mashima might give some big twist with this transportation =]

Kazu-Sama
July 19, 2011, 06:36 AM
I love how at the mention of Thunder - and by extension Luxus - everybody's forgotten about Cana and fairy glitter. It hasn't been used yet, so I assume That's what's gunna beat Hades. Cana/Gildarts father/daughter love letting Fairy Glitter work...

Ifrit
July 19, 2011, 06:44 AM
I love how at the mention of Thunder - and by extension Luxus - everybody's forgotten about Cana and fairy glitter. It hasn't been used yet, so I assume That's what's gunna beat Hades. Cana/Gildarts father/daughter love letting Fairy Glitter work...

Not bad idea ... fairy light with some CRASH magic.....thats actually might happen.

But I won't LIE some1 here said something I would LOVE TO SEE....Laxus + Gildartz Vs HADES

Also agree with RaveDragon I think this Arc is back on it's feet....( Please End in EPIC WAY )

RaveDragon
July 19, 2011, 06:57 AM

they do need some father/ daughter reconciliation so thunder could mean as i the metaphor thunder struck and Gil finally got it or whatnot to speak to Cana and tehy decide to go help...so many possibilities now its endless xD also his magic ^^ i dont know, they will probably talk after the fight but Gil looked tired hes storng okay but hes not that young anymore plus his dragon wounds could be acting up again

Laxus and gil vs hades would be cool but that would complicate things and hiro would take thier spotlight to give it to Natsu and prob Lucy and Zeref to give us some main plot juice :/

senewe
July 19, 2011, 08:50 AM
If Luxus come and out of nowhere beat the crap out of Hades, then I'd stop reading this. Luxus+Natsu would be acceptable for me. well still put my money on Zeref. He is too mighty to only be a filler character in this arc

ShoobyDooBop
July 19, 2011, 11:06 AM
I don't think there's a magic to do a combo or fuse with Crash Magic since it pulverizes everything, even magic. But sure, there's a possibility that Laxus and Gildarts might team up to fight Hades but no fusing of Lightning and Crash. And you know, maybe "Thunder Crashes" means that Laxus will show up in Thunder form that crashes anything in its path.

lordoffantasy
July 19, 2011, 03:50 PM

whilst it is unlikely lexus would come now, it think he would have the advantage over hades. jsut as having metal all over the place is a good thing for a metal dragon, air for a sky dragon (she is not likely dead), and next to a forest fire for our favorite fire dragon, a thunder filled sky owuld be ideal for a lightning dragon, even a fake one.

ShoobyDooBop
July 20, 2011, 12:44 PM
So Hades is just as Zancrow said, huh... Like a God. That magic he used at the end. It's better to call it rapture, don't you think?

lordoffantasy
July 20, 2011, 11:54 PM
go news folks, it is unlikely wendy is dead. i found a raw for the katsu pronounced by hades, and it is the kanji for religious scolding. not the whole cleave apart, seperate, or split. and if he was doing a permanent disappearing act thing, he would have said something related to destruction or deletion or something.

i have two theories. either she is put into a punishment twilight zone of sorts, or his shouting katsu had nothing to do with her sudden houdini. are we forgetting that teleporter doltan is on the island?

Uriel
July 21, 2011, 08:15 AM
go news folks, it is unlikely wendy is dead. i found a raw for the katsu pronounced by hades, and it is the kanji for religious scolding. not the whole cleave apart, seperate, or split. and if he was doing a permanent disappearing act thing, he would have said something related to destruction or deletion or something.
Interesting. Could you tell us more about this Kanji? What religious and what are the circumstances in which is used, mostly.

lordoffantasy
July 21, 2011, 11:01 AM
Interesting. Could you tell us more about this Kanji? What religious and what are the circumstances in which is used, mostly.

mainly it is buhddhist religion, and deals with punishment. not too much an expert on kanji but, curious, i looked for a raw of that picture and found that the kanji matches the religious form katsu takes, or at least the one that is a proclamation of punishment. not an expert, but that is about as plan as i can see it.
i am thinking along the lines that wendy's disappearance had nothing ot do with hades, though it could still be that way. it could be that the council spy dude teleported away to safety, aware of what is happening; he is a damn good spy, he is. maybe he botched it and left her clothes behind. still, it is as likely that hades did something to her, though unlikely she is just destroyed. if he could jsut destroy things like that, why did he not use it an makarov? hiro is known for the good old asspull, even on the villainous side at times, but he never had them suddenly able to just vanish them away. that is just boring, and he knows it. again, i reference musica fighting that pumpkin head weirdo, and being teleported away.
hiro is pretyt good. he says that the power of friendship can drive people to greater heights, but understands that is not always enough to defeat some foes. didn't work on that jose guy. they had to work together to kill the zeref creation (that is one of those instant destroy magics, and notice it had to take the form of a monster isntead of a spell). however it allowed natsu to crush zancrow, erza to beat azuma, and allowed the dragon slayers to defeat that mecha dragon from edolas (anyone else wonder why gajeel didn't just eat it?)

ca12nag3
July 21, 2011, 01:36 PM
Hmm Hades made the move and she dispears, im not saying shes dead or missing or anything of the kind but its Hades action vs Wendys reaction, as in she went *poof*.

Its a magical world where people teleport and turn into Lachrima or Stone or Water or w/e so its not like shes dead just because she went *poof*. However unless someone undoes it we wont get her back. But shes part of the main body *that is dragonslayers* so the chance of her death is less then 1%

lordoffantasy
July 22, 2011, 01:49 PM
well, we all have completely fallen into hiro's trap. muhahaha!
this is a classic case of cliffhanger syndrome. the hero is apaprently kiled, beaten, or defeated, and we all freak out, until next chapter. add a question of a vague happening of the character, and we chat like crazy.
fortunately we can acertain that wendy is not dead. people have been transmutated and transformed many ways, and we know what teleportation looks like. but we do not know what exactly happened. how we ascertain this is mostly because hiro does not kill his characters needlessly. or should i say design them to die easily. zancrow was not explained enough, so he could die without much feeling, if a little bit of shock. if any of the main cast died, we would have a major leading up to it and a few tears. hiro makes it that his heroes win, or at least survive, their battles.
i remember, well, rave master, when haru encountered gale raregroove's son, along with the surviving demon card members. it was a turning point in the story, and it seemed everyone would die. but then someone came along, strong enough to drive them away. this might be what is happening; the heros are overwhelmed, yet survive, and must get stronger.
i am obsessed with the idea that makarov will come along to save them. if oyu noticed hsi earlier fight, makarov was taken off guard by hades' abilities. his ability to generate powerful spells so quickly is what gave him the edge. however i think makarov will die in the process.