PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Anyone missing Hancock? I do. A lot

S-H-I-G-U-R-E
July 10, 2011, 05:26 AM
Do you guys think she's going to reappear anytime soon? I really hope she does. Wonderful character imo!

H.M.K
July 10, 2011, 04:35 PM
Actually I dont think she will appear anytime soon maybe when Luffy do something huge or getting his bounty raised then she might appear .

Charlie
July 10, 2011, 05:14 PM
Do you guys think she's going to reappear anytime soon? I really hope she does. Wonderful character imo!

Maybe when Luffy makes it back from Raftel, we'll see her again.

He did mention to bring back his crew to the Island. If I recall correctly.

kkck
July 10, 2011, 10:36 PM
Well, she has her boat with creatures that are feared by sea kings so all she needs is a coating and she could basically appear at any time during the manga as moving through the grand line should be easy. We might see her more often than what most people would think although not perhaps for at least a couple of years. She had a big enough part during the kuja island, impel down and war arc lol....

Ex-Shadow
July 10, 2011, 11:44 PM

Yeah! IMO, the whole thing that involved Hancock's relationship with Luffy is something totally fresh and new in OP....

S-H-I-G-U-R-E
July 11, 2011, 05:52 AM
Yeah! IMO, the whole thing that involved Hancock's relationship with Luffy is something totally fresh and new in OP....

Yeah, I think so too! Maybe the Kuja pirates will enter the NW again as soon as the Strawhats make something big (again) and in ends up in the newspapers. Also, we have the J. Bonney issue still open, as well as what happened to the other Supernovas. Oh man, ONE PIECE won't end earlier than 10 more years. I'm so happy (but I still want to see Hancock more in the manga)!!!

bittman
July 11, 2011, 06:42 AM
Hey I miss Iva's enormous face, but I didn't make a thread about it =P

Lots more interesting characters than Hancock imo. Looking forward to seeing Doflamingo, Smoker, Akainu, Blackbeard, Shanks, Iva, Coby, Garp, Gorousei, Vivi and Hancock's legs more than Hancock. Man, Hancock's legs are such a great addition to One Piece.

When will Hancock appear again? I don't know, somewhere in the New World. Everyone important will appear again. Heck, I have a theory Vivi will meet the Strawhats again and that seems less likely than Hancock.

Lunatic Scream
July 12, 2011, 02:30 PM
Yeah, we'll see her again. At the very least, I feel like the World Government will mobilize the Shichibukai again if Luffy/Shanks actually gets really close to Raftel. And of course she'll be taking his side.

Wouldn't be surprised if, after Fishman Island, we get another "meeting of the Shichibukai", showcasing the World Government's current worries and activities, as well as the new members. Though Hancock didn't bother showing up to the first one, so maybe she won't be there. (Though if Luffy is a topic, who knows)

MaiSiaoSiao
July 21, 2011, 02:16 AM
you just missed her boobs.
im just saying :D

Schabrak
July 24, 2011, 06:50 PM
It can't be the cleavage, as we got hersĀ² with Shirahoshi's bust or Nami's or Robin's for that matter. All endowed with nice assets imo.

Kyodai Senkan Mora
July 26, 2011, 09:39 AM
She was a great character.extremely complex with her sad back story and how she is so spoilt always having her way coz she is hot.Also I miss the whole thing she did where she's walking along and kicks a small cute animal on her path....that was really funny.I think also there is a lot to Hancock that was never really revealed that I would like to see...for example her proficiency at haoshoku haki

Schabrak
July 26, 2011, 03:21 PM
Why would Oda need to show more of her Haki, if we still got nearly no info about Luffys? The animal kicking would get old soon too, just remember the rage on Sanji's bleeding nose a couple of chapter back. Not that I had a problem with it, but others seemed offended to the max, even though it was used as a plot device in the end.

k-dom
August 05, 2011, 11:53 AM
It's not my favorite character so I'm not that in a hurry to see her again but I guess she will make an appearance in the cover pages like all the others.

ZERO PHOENIX
August 10, 2011, 11:20 AM
I miss her. Her legs, her chest, her back, gotdamn! But logically speaking it will probably be quite sometime before we see her again. She was a very complex character though. Kudos to Oda. He could have easily made her pure fanservice but she was very deep and impactful. Her backstory is truly tied in with the world of One Piece.

Jammin
January 23, 2012, 04:03 PM
I miss her a lot too. I really hope we'll see her again, the sooner the better.

In hindsight I realize all of my more recent favorite chapters were ones with her in them. She is such an entertaining brand of insane. Ever since she bid him goodbye at Shabody I found myself wishing she'd show up again. Right now she is the #1 character than I want to see again.

kkck
January 23, 2012, 04:27 PM
Well, to our luck hancock is a character who can catch up to luffy at any point in the manga. Since she can travel the calm belt it is easy for her to move long distances quite fast to say the least. Travelling to fishman island and out should be a breeze with their poisonous sea monsters too. All she has to do is get to the new world, get to the calm belt and in less than half the time than anyone else imaginable she would get to where luffy is. It would take her at most a few weeks...

radicalbyte
January 24, 2012, 01:09 PM
My theory is that other Marinefold ark was foreshadowing for the moment when all of Luffy's allies assemble under his banner for the final battle.

So the next time we see Hancock, Ivankov, Shirahoshi/Noah and Rayleigh will be then...

Kukriblades
January 24, 2012, 02:11 PM
I think we will she her again at the "big war" which WB mentioned. It's obvious that at the time Luffy will bring all allies he made during the journey, and Hancock will definitely be one of them.

a little bit off topic,,
I missed Bon-chan a lot more. Strawhats owe him BIG time... And I do have a feeling that we'll see him again at the war too.

BlackHair
January 24, 2012, 07:55 PM
I started to dislike her ever since Oda turned her to a love romance idiotic character. She is baddass, but those scenes with Luffy just annoying. The Shichubukai are one of my favourite groups/organisation in the manga, at first I thought of her a great adition, but the more we learned, I started to dislike her.

Hopefully she appears not before the war WB predicted. I don't mind small scenes as for instance reading any news regarding the SHs in the newspaper or bigger scenes involving her and the WG, but nothing involving a direct event with Luffy.

hoeru
January 24, 2012, 09:04 PM
Although I am missing her, I don't think she'll come up within the next two or three years from our point of view. The reason is pretty simple: Oda already told everything important about her, and right now there hardly is something to add. She can't follow Luffy only for the sake of her love, nor is there any threat to neither her and her sisters nor to the Kuja like a danger from the revelation of the Boa sisters' secret.

And I don't think Oda would troll all the Hancock haters with "leaving Jinbe back in Fishman Island - but hey there's Hancock". But - depending from how Oda is gonna make up the fight of the Straw Hats vs. Bigmam Pirates, I can see her (and other Shichibukai) being an alternative than any Marine or other rookie or other force to be blamed for "bringing down a yonkou" instead of Luffy. As Smoker was graduated for defeating Crocodile.

Sachsenhesse
January 25, 2012, 01:00 PM
missing her? nope as long as i see robin =)

Ex-Shadow
January 27, 2012, 01:30 AM
I will continue miss her if all I see in Sunny is Nami and Robin. But if they get another woman as nakama.... :teehee

Kaiten
January 28, 2012, 10:16 PM
I miss her. She was a fun character and Amazon Lilly was a great arc. Hopefully she will be back at some point. She is an important ally, should her and Luffy ever cross paths again.

Ex-Shadow
January 29, 2012, 08:55 AM
She is an important ally, should her and Luffy ever cross paths again.
Although because of that, IMO she will only come up like Vivi, a couple of pages (maybe after Luffy defeat Big Mom). If you expected Hancock to come up a couple of chapter, we'll have to wait until all "big name" (Dragon, WG, Marine, Yonkou) clash once again with SH in the center of that fight.

Jammin
January 29, 2012, 01:55 PM
Although because of that, IMO she will only come up like Vivi, a couple of pages (maybe after Luffy defeat Big Mom). If you expected Hancock to come up a couple of chapter, we'll have to wait until all "big name" (Dragon, WG, Marine, Yonkou) clash once again with SH in the center of that fight.I'm also sure she'll come up again in a small way; but, to be honest, that's just not enough for me.

I want her to join the crew or take on a frequently recurring role or something. She's just so fun! Her and Buggy are the two character that whenever I see their faces it just makes me want to cheer because I know whatever is about to happen is going to be great.

Kaiten
January 29, 2012, 02:22 PM
Because she is a pirate I believe it is possible for her to have a large role at some point in the future. She does not have to be tied down to one island like Vivi does. That is not to say she will although at some point she could. Wouldn't it be great if she allies herself with Luffy again whenever the Strawhats have to face Doflamingo?

I totally agree with Jammin: Hancock and Buggy are two characters that always make me smile. Both are so much fun and have been involved in some of the best arcs of the series. I would also add Vivi to that category. Her cameo's always make my day.