PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 244 Discussion

ghostexiled
July 16, 2011, 01:22 AM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/71479-Fairy-Tail-244-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

Atobe the king
July 22, 2011, 11:35 PM
chapters out
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/84333937/1

Didn't expect wendy saved like THAT, completely forgot about that summon, the rest was standard fare, we all knew he was coming, but his comeback was still pretty cool.

hossice
July 22, 2011, 11:44 PM
for two council douches to get shoken up by this acnologia. hmm interesting.

lordoffantasy
July 22, 2011, 11:47 PM
for every laxus fan out there, you were right. he has come, in a bolt of freaking lightning! awesome. the problem is that laxus might have a hard fight goign on. still, as a pseudo thunder dragon slayer, and a storm happening, he might do it. and to those who are pulling out their hair and saying, how owuld he know, he likely sped back to the guild, having a bad feeling, and slammed to tenrou island.
it is obvious that natsu's group would not defeat hades. i think, however, were they at full strength he would be in trouble. but they all as a whole too exhausted to fight him. each had a hard fight, each won their battles, and now they are weary. it was time for this guy to come along.
that damn clock, of all things, is what was giong on. wendy was in danger and the clock guy saved her ass. it proves my theory that katsu was only a threat. still, good to see her well. she still got all naked.

AnimeLoverX
July 23, 2011, 12:00 AM
did Laxus just took out the old man's hand?
whoa

kkck
July 23, 2011, 12:14 AM
Interesting, it seems as if hades knows luxus from before. More importantly, it seems like if hades is the one responsible for the scar on laxus face considering the image of his younger self behind him and the title of the next chapter. Nice twist, I knew laxus was coming but in turn I never suspected he would have a connection to grimmoire heart. I wonder if the psycotic rant laxus had a couple of chapters back could be associated to hades too. It would seem as a good chance to take fairy tail out considering everything. Moreover, every arc so far has been in some form or another connected to grimmoire heart, if hades has a connection to luxus then perhaps the fairy tail tournament arc could be connected to grimmoire heart too.

I find it interesting that hades would have a problem with fairy tail having too much light so to speak. Why is that wrong? Perhaps actually having too much light could indeed lead to some problems.

Katz
July 23, 2011, 12:15 AM
I don't usually post in the FT forums but holy SH** did I have a nerdgasm when Laxus showed up, such an amazing moment for me, Gildratz is the only character besides Laxus that can make an epic entrance like that.

Mashiro_Luna
July 23, 2011, 12:20 AM
Interesting, it seems as if hades knows luxus from before. More importantly, it seems like if hades is the one responsible for the scar on laxus face considering the image of his younger self behind him and the title of the next chapter. Nice twist, I knew laxus was coming but in turn I never suspected he would have a connection to grimmoire heart. I wonder if the psycotic rant laxus had a couple of chapters back could be associated to hades too. It would seem as a good chance to take fairy tail out considering everything. Moreover, every arc so far has been in some form or another connected to grimmoire heart, if hades has a connection to luxus then perhaps the fairy tail tournament arc could be connected to grimmoire heart too.

I find it interesting that hades would have a problem with fairy tail having too much light so to speak. Why is that wrong? Perhaps actually having too much light could indeed lead to some problems.

Actually I think he noticed the resemblance between Laxus and younger Makarov, no connection between the two personally.

Zeltrax
July 23, 2011, 12:20 AM
I felt like I got trolled by that wendy's thing..and that mashima just used that to create suspense.
But oh well, moving on.

I really like how hades is playing along with them, been mentioned before alot but the
power level being shown infront of us is a good thing.
Natsu being beaten up like that, I feel like a jerk saying this, but I enjoyed that.
It gives room for development instead of friendship powerup or rage powerup that we get.
By the way, I couldn't really make out what he was saying before laxus arrive.."you are the old man's rival" or something..
I don't get what he's trying to say. Anyway, the speech for this chapter could have been better,
I don't feel any despair or sadness or frustration while hades was kicking their asses and about to kill natsu..

Laxus entrance was badass and since he's my fav character in ft(along with gray)
I'll be looking forward to what he'll do, I hope fairy law comes into play but we saw hades counterattack to it..
but whatever he's going to do..its going to be good.
Although, I don't expect him to win.

senewe
July 23, 2011, 12:42 AM
it is obvious that natsu's group would not defeat hades. i think, however, were they at full strength he would be in trouble. but they all as a whole too exhausted to fight him. each had a hard fight, each won their battles, and now they are weary. it was time for this guy to come along.

by strength if you mean stamina yes maybe they are all exhausted. but if you mean magical power, did you forget that their magical power was restored when Erza beat Azuma? for me had they are in their full power (both physic and magical), Hades full power could still overcome their combination (and I don't think Hades is in his super saiyan 3 mode just yet), given Hades throw Makarov out of the ring without sweating.

And so, I don't think Laxus (this is the first time I called him Laxus. Luxus was more catchy) can bring him down alone. I am still on my ground that somehow Hades can still emerge even after Luxus join the force, until Zeref come. Full power Luxus+Random Upgraded Natsu would still be acceptable. But Luxus take down Hades by himself wouldn't sound nice for me.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Actually I think he noticed the resemblance between Laxus and younger Makarov, no connection between the two personally.

I am with you on this one. Hades left even before Ivan was born, and the fact that in Hades and Makarov eventual meeting, Makarov seemed so surprised when he knew that Hades was GH's master means there was no contact between Hades and FT (or FT to Hades) post Hades farewell

Epic_Rider
July 23, 2011, 12:48 AM
I won't lie, I expected Wendy to be OK, but not like that, not at all. That alone made the chapter good to me, if only for the comedy value.

Hades sure seemed to having fun there near the end. Didn't take him for a sadist.

Laxus vs Hades will prove to be interesting.

bruticus171
July 23, 2011, 01:26 AM
Um I think this arc is still up in the air since it seems that it has to end with zeref and the power of acnologia. I still think that the page or two with the cats was a waste and could have down more in the Beat Down that hades was giving to the Fairy crew. Was a great chapter, best part for me was the gun slinging Hades. How long has Laxus had been gone to the main story, and does everyone think that he is able to use ruin magic too, since that is Hades strong suit of power.

MechR
July 23, 2011, 01:34 AM
by strength if you mean stamina yes maybe they are all exhausted. but if you mean magical power, did you forget that their magical power was restored when Erza beat Azuma?I don't think it was a full restore, just a return of what was drained. Aside from that, Erza didn't get a refill, and Gray had to fight Urtear right afterward.

kidopitz27
July 23, 2011, 01:39 AM
is it me or the way Hades use his fingers as a gun reminds me of Liquid Ocelot on ACT 3 on Volta River

Darjaille
July 23, 2011, 01:49 AM
That was a good way of saving Wendy. Lucy did something important (though, she didn't, but hey, it's her spirit :D)
Members of Council SHAKING? Zeref's going to do something really big. And when Council leaves the Island, there's Etherion in game again...
Ha, so it was Laxus. Sooo.. okay. I didn't want him to come now, I would rather like to see Zeref-DS-Lucy drama, but when he's here already... I hope he can withstand it.
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2723/hadesn.png
:darn:darn:darn

Kuzumikun
July 23, 2011, 01:58 AM
OH MY GOSH!!!!! i knew it wendy was alright! Lol i think everyone knew -_- anyways...so she wasnt transported dude that spell he sed must be very strong...anyways dude they got owned in seconds....and of course everyone was right Laxus has came to shine now i feel like its going to be a Laxus, Natsu vs Hades battle...

ALSO did anyone notice Lucy crying when she saw Natsu getting beaten up :DDDD<333333333333 LucyXNatsu ftw<33333

Keino
July 23, 2011, 01:59 AM
First off I shall ignore the whole Wendy debacle cuz I've nothing positive to say -_-

I have to say though Hades has impressed me in that he has remained overwhelmingly strong against Natsu and co. which I'm very glad for. To me he is the best villain so far in FT in that he is just plain bad/evil and he is also strong to boot. There were so many cool panels of him in this chapter of him and I would love to see it colored (by fans I mean)

On Laxus, I saw this coming, hell I'm sure 90% of us who read FT saw this coming and it was almost "spoiler" level the name of the chapter. I mean "thunder crashes" almost literally happened, in that instead of "thunder" it was "lightning" ^^ Having said that though his was entrance was awesome and was done well.

On Laxus v Hades, I don't see how Laxus will win though, unless he has gotten immensely stronger since we last saw him. Hades was toying with Natsu and Natsu did give Laxus a run for his money when they faced off, so judging by that it will be difficult for Laxus.
Though Laxus is now "nakama powered" so maybe his power is doubled or even tripled! :lmao

exacta
July 23, 2011, 02:12 AM
That whole Wendy/Horologium thing was pointless, and is one of the lamest things Mashima's ever done. What the hell did Hades even do last chapter then?? Total waste of panels.

Rest of the chapter was pretty good though. Hades didn't really show off anything new,but he still owned them quite hard. Natsu's speech was annoying. Luxus appearing was cool, but i wish it didn't happen at the end of the chapter. Mashima gave it away too. Curious about what Hades will is and how Makarov failed it.

Atobe the king
July 23, 2011, 02:17 AM
Lol maybe the wendy thing was a take that to all his critics. For a "predictable" manga i don't think anyone saw that coming. And of course it served a purpose a subtle/not so subtle reminder of how dangerous hades is. If all the crap Lucy's been through hadn't invoked the defense of that summon and hades did then that shows he's leagues above the characters who beat the crap out of FT all arc.

And Natsu got beaten senseless, im sure several people rejoiced.

Ifrit
July 23, 2011, 02:35 AM
THANK YOU MASHIMA FOR BRINGING HIM BACK TO ME xDDD

Ok...I don't really want him to come now ( Laxus/Luxus) I was hoping Zeref would finish HADES off....but from HADES ( The Brat ) I think LAxus is gonna do it ...I still say Laxus have advantage over HADES ..from HADES magic he uses metal . Should be fun for Laxus..but HADES deosn't look like a mage uses one form of magic...I think Laxus is too young to take HADES out ..although he has the power to do it just not the brain xDD

When HADES left Makorov was 40 years old ..how come some1 said Ivan wasn't borne yet LOL...but I agree it's more like Makorov image being young not laxus.

40% : Zeref show up and finish HADES.

60% : Laxus succeed and beat HADES.

chess4
July 23, 2011, 02:39 AM
GET EM LAXUS!!!!!. So the entire guild is finally here. I think markorov can die in peace if he knows that his grandson is back on the right path. Hades is straight monster, even laxus at full strength will not stand a chance

Ero-Sanji
July 23, 2011, 02:52 AM
Finally and just like expected, the big man returns!
Though for some reason I had a thought Makarov would have been there too with him.

Anyway, I think this seals the deal and further proves that Laxus is the chosen one but I still wonder how he's supposed to defeat Hades. I still see him stronger than Erza but not yet at Makarov's strength. It's going to be interesting to see how this ends up.

Lyn685
July 23, 2011, 02:53 AM
Natsu was able to beat Laxus only with the help of Gajeel, so if Natsu can´t beat Hades together with SS-Rank-Mage Erza, Gray, Wendy and Lucy, Laxus´s chance to beat Hades would logically be zero.

I sense another failure on Mashimas part.

Oh yeah, it was also really disappointing that Wendy didn´t disappear, it downplays Hades quite a huge bit.

Kravmaga
July 23, 2011, 03:29 AM
They are still in a thunderstorm and the ship's about to be blown by the cats, right?
I predict luxus taking a few clean ones at first, then eating a lightning bolt in the finest dragon slayer traditions and busting a blood vessel on hades.

Ero-Sanji
July 23, 2011, 03:42 AM

I think it has to do with Magic originally being an evil thing. Remember, Hades found the essence of magic and became evil/dark. Also the most powerful mage of all time was also evil.

Anyway, when Hades is referring Laxus as "the brat..." does he really mean Laxus or is he actually referring to his father Ivan? I mean Hades left for over 40 years ago, a long time before Laxus was born so I think it ultimately leads down to the brat being Ivan. Reading the title of the next chapter I hope we get to see more of the Dreher family, also did anyone notice how similar Hades and Makarov are if you look at Hades' face at the first page?

Ifrit
July 23, 2011, 03:48 AM
I think it has to do with Magic originally being an evil thing. Remember, Hades found the essence of magic and became evil/dark. Also the most powerful mage of all time was also evil.

Anyway, when Hades is referring Laxus as "the brat..." does he really mean Laxus or is he actually referring to his father Ivan? I mean Hades left for over 40 years ago, a long time before Laxus was born so I think it ultimately leads down to the brat being Ivan. Reading the title of the next chapter I hope we get to see more of the Dreher family, also did anyone notice how similar Hades and Makarov are if you look at Hades' face at the first page?

No. I think the brat here is Makorov....because laxus still too young to actually met HADES before..and Ivan doesn't look like laxus or Makorov really...so brat is a young Makorov I think.

I don't even think HADES know that laxus is Makorov grandson but just because they look a like. HADES can see the resemblance .

If HADES is going to get defeated...maybe Erza will help Laxus not Natsu....when HADES said there is alot of info about me in fairy tail archive Erza looked like she know something.

But I rather HADES get defeated by Zeref actions or just Laxus power alone

RaveDragon
July 23, 2011, 04:31 AM
Lol okay the Wendy horoligium thing is pointless unless Mashima wants to hint at something i don't know I hope so, the fight was cool though, it was so one-sided that it made Laxus' entrance even more grand.

I was wrong he came after all, don't think I mind though but hopefully Mashima will balance his spotlight and Natsu's and Zeref's and probably Lucy's.

Yep Laxus had the thunder scar from a youn age so the teenage next to him in the hades flashback is most definetly Makarov.

Good chapter overall ^^ flowing and nice drawings and i totally love Natsu's speech!

ALSO did anyone notice Lucy crying when she saw Natsu getting beaten up DDD<333333333333 LucyXNatsu ftw<33333

She was teary eyes from the beginning i think she's really scared but yes xD and i totally agree!

Predictions for now; the Unbranded man
A balanced fight until Hades regains from shock then he starts getting serious and we get one sided again
tFT thinks of teamwork and holds her own
some explanations how Laxus came back,
and possibly some flashbacks from Hades himself ^^

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Oh and Acnologia is a big part of the arc this might be either Zerefs unsealing or what takes out hades

LoS
July 23, 2011, 04:33 AM
This is two weeks now where from start to finish I have not read a single post on this forum about the chapter, for that I am sorry. It is just that I can not sympathize with the rest of the board members and I will not degrade myself to the bitching/moaning member who gets all the criticism. If I spoke my mind(which, trust me, I will. Post arc-I will have the most anticipate synopsis on this board, because you know why? It will tell the truth...) But disregard the long parenthesis, I wont degrade this board or myself for the sake of Ghost. He tries his best to run a clean board, and frankly if I typed anything remotely true to my feelings it would spark sooooo much spam(from the "small" members) or hate(which I have no problem handling).

All in all, this chapter once again goes as scripted and is "a piece of shit"!!! yes you read that correctly, even if you expected it and lowered all expectations it is still just as much of an awful chapter as cold have been. What "Laxus" reveal, that pales in comparison to the abomination that was this chapter .

zelllogan
July 23, 2011, 04:42 AM
Natsu was able to beat Laxus only with the help of Gajeel, so if Natsu can´t beat Hades together with SS-Rank-Mage Erza, Gray, Wendy and Lucy, Laxus´s chance to beat Hades would logically be zero.

I sense another failure on Mashimas part.

Oh yeah, it was also really disappointing that Wendy didn´t disappear, it downplays Hades quite a huge bit.
I don't agree. Laxus was defeated because he realized that he wasn't an real enemy of fairy tail when he used fairy law.
But, against Hades, there is no doubt in Luxus mind.

I want to see a "fairy law" clash. Luxus is crazy enough to launch it

LoS
July 23, 2011, 05:05 AM
..... i said i wouldn't but I read the above post.... haven't read any other.....

Laxus will be infinitely stronger... get that straight. PLAIN and FREAKING SIMPLE...... you know why???? Mashima wan'ts it that way. I won't rehash this age old thread from fantasia arc, but it was pretty damn obvious(and I fail to see how it eludes soooooooo many members) but Laxus lost becausue he exhausted magical power using fairy law and then not having the conviction to destroy fairy tail, sure you can argue he wanted to stop natusu and someone he didn't recognize as part of his guild in Gajeel, but it doesn't stop the fact that he shat on both just before and then pooed on the entire city, repeat, entire freaking city.... and then continued the fight. Also, when you are meant to lose a fight you always look like the lesser man. So those taking up the torch and not defending Laxus in this take the high road and stop freaking posting about it. Or I will similarly shit on you myself like Laxus did on all of Fairy Tail...

luffyg2
July 23, 2011, 05:15 AM
At first I though the chapter was an OK one.. it was really lame to have Wendy disappear just to have her survive in a strange way. But then Laxus got there and even if every one could guess he would come just by reading the title it was still danm cool. Laxus made this chapter

ScottH87
July 23, 2011, 05:54 AM
Awesome chapter. Started with a troll but easily forgivable by the end of the chapter.

Luxus back was obvious but was isn't obvious now is how this battle will play out. The next chapter is called the unbranded man i.e. Luxus. If he's unbranded he isn't protected by the Tenrou Tree and I'd also bet he can't use Fairy Law. But I'd also bet that Hades has a power that weakens Fairy Tail members that Luxus is now immune to.

The councils reaction to Acnologia is intriguing and I'm looking forward to how this plays out also.

ca12nag3
July 23, 2011, 05:57 AM
..... i said i wouldn't but I read the above post.... haven't read any other.....

Laxus will be infinitely stronger... get that straight. PLAIN and FREAKING SIMPLE...... you know why???? Mashima wan'ts it that way. I won't rehash this age old thread from fantasia arc, but it was pretty damn obvious(and I fail to see how it eludes soooooooo many members) but Laxus lost becausue he exhausted magical power using fairy law and then not having the conviction to destroy fairy tail, sure you can argue he wanted to stop natusu and someone he didn't recognize as part of his guild in Gajeel, but it doesn't stop the fact that he shat on both just before and then pooed on the entire city, repeat, entire freaking city.... and then continued the fight. Also, when you are meant to lose a fight you always look like the lesser man. So those taking up the torch and not defending Laxus in this take the high road and stop freaking posting about it. Or I will similarly shit on you myself like Laxus did on all of Fairy Tail...

So your saying only Laxus grew in terms of magical power into awesomeness and the rest like natsu/erza/gray and wendy did not? :D trolling?
Tbh Laxus is strong but your making it sound as if he eclipses them all. Erza is 1 of the strongest mages in the guild, shes the 3rd strongest right after Makarov and Gildartz. And close after that is Natsu and Gray since theyve been trying to catch up since forever.

Its possible Mashima wants Laxus to win and then he will but its kinda saying like all of FT is fodder and here comes Laxus...

Rarhyx
July 23, 2011, 06:13 AM
laxus entrance is epic, even its clichee i still like it
oh and "Bang, Bang, Bang" was funny >.<

Ifrit
July 23, 2011, 06:15 AM

Well actually if you took time reading what other posts most said that Laxus sure got the strength to give a good fight for HADES but he is still young and stupid he's just like Natsu charge forward !!!

And BTW Laxus lost because his lack of experience about Dragon Slayer magic ...Natsu used a magic that cut through the dragon skin...which caused Laxus to lose !!!

sarutobi_sensei
July 23, 2011, 06:36 AM
Not sure I get the translation, but, whatever, all I have to say is Laxus's entrance was fucking epic.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Btw also loved the Bang Bang Bang! Dance with my Magic!

bittman
July 23, 2011, 06:46 AM
I like Hades as a villain, and though most of you are "omg Laxus have my babies", it wasn't more epic than anything else in this arc. Laxus shouldn't be able to defeat Hades on his own, and the rest look a little out for the count.

I believe Laxus may be a part of what defeats Hades, but given that whatever Zeref is doing is a little "scary" according to the council nobodies, that might play into it all. A Laxus + Markov combo would be nice, but I've still got a faint hope that Fairy Glitter plays a role in Hades defeat given it got a lot of hype and no proper use. And I also don't know if the entire Gildhartz x Kana thing has been resolved properly.

All in all: it's actually hard to tell how this arc will still unfold (though Fairy Tail will win lololol). I doubt Mashima will save any of the above for a later arc, there are few plot points he carries across chapters let alone arcs. But Hades looks quite strong, when the fanboy glasses come off there's no way Laxus is taking down Hades. Potentially even with the support of the Natsu crew. I expect another player has to enter: Markov and/or Gildhartz most likely.

Ero-Sanji
July 23, 2011, 06:52 AM
Erza is 1 of the strongest mages in the guild, shes the 3rd strongest right after Makarov and Gildartz. And close after that is Natsu and Gray since theyve been trying to catch up since forever.

Its possible Mashima wants Laxus to win and then he will but its kinda saying like all of FT is fodder and here comes Laxus...

Seriously, what makes you think and state that Erza is stronger than Laxus? She admitted that a serious Natsu is stronger than her while Natsu admitted Laxus superiority.

ca12nag3
July 23, 2011, 07:05 AM
Seriously, what makes you think and state that Erza is stronger than Laxus? She admitted that a serious Natsu is stronger than her while Natsu admitted Laxus superiority.

I didnt say Erza is stronger then Laxus, i said shes the 3rd strongest in the guild Laxus aint in FT. Btw Laxus is around the same lvl as Erza since he aint as strong as Gildarts. Laxus is a S class like Mira and Erza. He never was above that. He might have grown but so has everyone else.

CopyNinjaKakashi
July 23, 2011, 07:13 AM
Even if it was a bit predictable, I still enjoyed the chapter.

Perhaps the title for next week's chapter refers to how Laxus is no longer a member of FT (hence he no longer has the mark or brand).

ca12nag3
July 23, 2011, 07:42 AM
About the LucyxNatsu thing mentioned earlier ^^ i know many people ship it and its a valid one for that. However the entire punishment sequence shown doesn't really show Lucy caring more for Natsu then the others. If you take in account their personalities as well.

(pagesequence that of mangastream)

So here goes.
p17 Natsu defies Hades once more and now Hades starts having fun with him and its Gray bottom right corner that says first *Natsu...* as he lies helpless like all the others.

p18 Natsu tries to get up but in vain and smacks down again and here its Lucy in the middle of the page that says*STOP...* with a loud voice, after that its Erza at the bottom of the page that also yells *STOP IT!!* with 2 exclamation marks. And finally its Wendy that breaks and start crying.

p19 Natsu is helplessly taking the punishment and now Lucy also starts crying and yells *STOP IT!!!* this time its 3 exclamation marks, (notice how the text went from 3 dots to 2 exclamation marks and finally 3 exclamation marks and with 2 different characters Erza/Lucy in a nakama buildup)

p20 is the extra since here Laxus blasts Hades hand but at the same time we see all Natsus friends faces, Gray immobile surprised, Lucy with tears on her face, Erza shocked and Wendy tears in her eyes.

So all in all i think its all of Natsus friends that care for him and Lucy does stand above it a bit but to aim at a LucyxNatus ^^" i think thats a bit too much.

Zehahaha
July 23, 2011, 08:00 AM
Hades's Bang Bang, dance with my magic > Laxus entrance (although it was cool)
I would hate Mashima if Hades loses against Laxus, he better get his ass kicked too... The only one who can defeat Hades IMO is Zeref with his Acnologia or whatever stuff he's gonna use.

Darjaille
July 23, 2011, 08:05 AM
How much would I want epic battle Laxus & Gil vs Hades (I want want more from these two) I think it will be Zeref that will end all this. We can clearly see that Acnologia is SOMETHING that makes Council Members sitting safe on their ship FLEE after crazy shaking. Whatever is Zeref up to, it's something enormous.
It's just my thinking, but from reaction of Mest and the other one, he's planning blowing up whole Island or a (memory, that life draining magic, etc) spell that takes wide range. But ofc he doesn't want to hurt Natsu, so... I don't know.
But my guess is Zeref, solving it all. (After some cool tricks from Laxus, but he really, really cannot defeat Hades. And now there is not anyone that can help him [where the hell is Gil? ERZA and GRAY were fighting, I don't believe Gil cannot stand up...])

Oh and I forgot cats, there's too much attention on them to the whole blowing-up-the-ship thingy not being essential.

matzik1212
July 23, 2011, 08:11 AM
it was a good chapter and i'm glad wendy is ok :) .....this hades dude is really crazy and btw his attack imitating a gun reminded me of ace while he fought BB :XD it was very similar
i'm glad laxux finally made his entrance i'm curious to see him fight someone seriously 'cause that time when he fought natsu and gajeel it was obvious he didn't show his true power ...things are getting interesting each passing chapter ^_^

chess4
July 23, 2011, 09:18 AM
I cant understand why people complain so much. We all knew that WEndy was going to be ok. Also all the popular mangas revolve around "nakama power". I thought the chapter was great.

I think markorov is going to die, so the little issue with laxus has to be cleared up. i think Hades is going to beat laxus but zeref will save him

saya1987
July 23, 2011, 09:38 AM
I think I'm the one of the only few who likes the beginning of the story. Holorogium seems to be useful since it was able to protect wendy against a high level that Hades cast. It shows that holorogium is more than lucy's personal chauffeur. The way Wendy jumped out of the clock was cool as well.

After that, I didn't really like the chapter. Hades suddenly changed into a psychotic cowboy. He was much more calm and cooler when he fought with marakov.

Lastly, Laxus showed up as though he owned a GPS.

As for laxus's fight with Hades, I doubt it will last for long. Firstly, like what some stated, Laxus and Erza are somewhat on par and if Erza + everyone couldn't tackle Hades, how could laxus do it? Besides, Laxus's most powerful spell is fairy law which is also useless. His DS magic is fake, powerful no doubt but against someone who is pursuing the only pure source of magic, I would say that there have to be a huge gap between them. Furthermore, Hades is more experienced.

Secondly, for PLOT reason, I don't Laxus think would win without the help of other main characters. Afterall, Hades is the main villian of this arc and our main characters can't simply sit on the bench and watch an ongoing match and if they participate, out of all of them, laxus would most probably get the least attention because he isn't one of the main characters.

Anyway, at this point, I would like to make a kind reminder of some unsolved mysteries
1) Natsu crying
2) Lucy saying that she had heard the story of magic all originating from one source long time ago
3) fairy glitter which is still not utilised fully. ( I doubt laxus would cast this spell because the name sounds too girly.)

ca12nag3
July 23, 2011, 09:48 AM
I think I'm the one of the only few who likes the beginning of the story. Holorogium seems to be useful since it was able to protect wendy against a high level that Hades cast. It shows that holorogium is more than lucy's personal chauffeur. The way Wendy jumped out of the clock was cool as well.

After that, I didn't really like the chapter. Hades suddenly changed into a psychotic cowboy. He was much more calm and cooler when he fought with marakov.

Lastly, Laxus showed up as though he owned a GPS.

As for laxus's fight with Hades, I doubt it will last for long. Firstly, like what some stated, Laxus and Erza are somewhat on par and if Erza + everyone couldn't tackle Hades, how could laxus do it? Besides, Laxus's most powerful spell is fairy law which is also useless. His DS magic is fake, powerful no doubt but against someone who is pursuing the only pure source of magic, I would say that there have to be a huge gap between them. Furthermore, Hades is more experienced.

Secondly, for PLOT reason, I don't Laxus think would win without the help of other main characters. Afterall, Hades is the main villian of this arc and our main characters can't simply sit on the bench and watch an ongoing match and if they participate, out of all of them, laxus would most probably get the least attention because he isn't one of the main characters.

Anyway, at this point, I would like to make a kind reminder of some unsolved mysteries
1) Natsu crying
2) Lucy saying that she had heard the story of magic all originating from one source long time ago
3) fairy glitter which is still not utilised fully. ( I doubt laxus would cast this spell because the name sounds too girly.)

Most of what you said i concur ^^ however i dont understand why Laxus would be using fairy glitter, or what the logic is behind fairy glitter being given to anyone else? Meavis gave it to Cana, he welded it onto her arm. So its kinda ? Permanent?

But i do think Fairy Glitter will play a vital role near the end.

As for this current fight it might turn out that Laxus will ask his former guildies for their aid. Next chapter wont be that tho, since its title is most likely about him being guildless and standing alone.

ShoobyDooBop
July 23, 2011, 10:07 AM
Awesome chapter.
Completely forgot about that clock.
Laxus has come, in a bolt of freaking lightning! Epic! I can already imagine those three getting sparking eyes when they see Laxus.

White Silver King
July 23, 2011, 10:12 AM
NATSU ACTUALLY LOST A SERIOUS FIGHT!!!!!:dancin:zomg:bbb:maracas:blai:mootastic:fiesta:carlton

Best chapter ever!!! But why Hades, why did you have to go for the kill!? Laxus shouldn't be able to do anything to Hades but he'll likely beat him...

1337 haxor
July 23, 2011, 10:16 AM
First of all I got agree with LoS that Mashima screwed up the tension real bad but I ought to reprimand that exagerated bashing on his part.

You might hate the chapter but refrain from using dirt words on a forum frequented by children.

Anyway let's talk about the chapter itself.

In my humble opinion Mashima pulled the Wendy stuff for plain audition hook up and that was awful because it wasted panels and diminished the importance of Laxus return.

It would have been much better if Mashima had stopped last chapter with Hades simply walking out unscatched and delivering the pawnage he did in the second half of this chapter than creating a faux dead situation for nothing.

As to Hades shifting from a robot to a psychopath I think that most people here doesn't get how Hades character works.

If you put him besides the moral spectrum he acts exactly as a member of Fairy Tail would do, he enjoys battles and he shows himself of while doing it.

Essentially he is serious when he wants to get the message clear but plays around when relaxed, Makarov isn't much different so there is a patern when it comes to old powerful people in this series.

I am also with LoS when it comes to Laxus, people here are ignoring both foreshadowing and the fact that all manga characters who dissapear on a trip of self knowledge return with a ridiculous power up.

It won't be an easy battle, if Laxus does win he will need all the power of his guild and I am totally seeing him pulling a Spirit Bomb on Hades.

As for Zeref I think he has his own plans, he wants to leave that Island in a hurry and cover his tracks so he might be setting up a portal of sorts that will take him out of there.

Changing subjects...

There is a huge foreshadowing concerning Hades issues with light joining Fairy Tail.

If I am not wrong there were many indications that FT was involved in guild wars during Hades leadership and if we take into account that most of Makarov's former colleagues are dead we begin to realize that something doesn't match here.

My theory is that FT was originally a gray guild, it was legal but it sort of walked on the edge with it's members debating wheter to go peaceful or turning into a warring dark guild of world domination.

This is where Hades's, Makarov's and Ivan's fates connect the most.

Hades lead his guild through many wars and saw many comrades die but so did Makarov, however, their views were different.

Hades believed that because Makarov had been through the same hardships as he did during those troubled years that the later would grow the guild's strenght further and destroy FT enemies.

Meanwhile Purehito would be on his last journey before that to try and discover the essense of magic, sort of an illumination trip.

Things didn't go out as expected though, Purehito discovered that magic was born in darkness while Makarov interpreted his mission as turning the guild into a family of powerful people with strong moral compass.

That's were Ivan kicks in, he was at least a child or teenager during Makarov's takeover and wanted the guild to follow through Purehito's dream.

In Ivan's views the guild should be the mad dog of powerful people that would make any opposing faction tremble in fear. Hence he made a dark guild mirroring FT in many aspects.

It's not easy to guess why Gildartz, who was probably also a teenager at that time, ended up disliking him so much.

Now Laxus closes that circle, he will defeat Hades and take the destiny of their guild in his hands as Makarov will not likely die in the presence of his grandson while passing leadership to him.

What's most ironic is the fact FT will be labeled a dark guild and the next arc will take place against the magic council.

This also gives the perfect hook to recruit the likes of Ultear and Meredy into the group.

Darjaille
July 23, 2011, 10:23 AM
NATSU ACTUALLY LOST A SERIOUS FIGHT!!!!!:dancin:zomg:bbb:maracas:blai:mootastic:fiesta:carlton

Lol that is a lot of happiness :D Yeah, it's milestone in the history of FT :D There was nothing for him to eat! xD

Do you people think Natsu will be able to stand up and fight if Laxus needs help? Cause, yeah he's main character and that he'll be out of main fight is... unusual and yeah he has wild will, but... last minutes he got A LOT of clear shots from Hades toying with him...
Oh what I'm saying, I guess he'll be okay.. it's FT and Natsu... I would just like more if for now, he got just the 'talk' part around Zeref-DS-Lucy drama (if it'll come this arc, that is. I'm anticipating it so much that I take it automatically for sure :D)

White Silver King
July 23, 2011, 10:24 AM
Do you people think Natsu will be able to stand up and fight if Laxus needs help?
:-_- That would ruin everything...

Atobe the king
July 23, 2011, 10:42 AM
@Saya, i pointed out that the summon was supposed to emphasize how strong hades is if the beating he gave makaraov wasn't enough but of course people ignored that.

hades suddenly changed into a psychotic cowboy

A "cool,calm,collected" villain losing his shit and being all sociopath is pretty common.

And its fine for the MC's to sit this out....they may be the main characters but they're not FT's guardians, the task of saving FT is always in their hands for some reason or another, but in this case they've done more than enough (reread the whole arc with week, puts everything into perspective).

EDIT- oh and the funny thing is...people want Natsu to lose for character development, but he's going to come back 90X stronger for this and the cycle will continue. Really people should have certain mindsets when going into a manga and stop acting surprised when "classic" shounen stuff shows up like Nakama BS, or "No one dies ever" syndrome.

Ifrit
July 23, 2011, 11:39 AM
Why Would Laxus powerful attack is Fairy Law

Cana : Fairy Glitter a tatto on her arm

Laxus : Did u see Fairy tail mark on his chest it's not like the others ...it has more detail ...could that mean Laxus has power more than Fairy Law

1- Fairy Glitter
2- Fairy Law

Makarov said Ivan left with important info about FT guild ...there is still a 3rd powerful attack for Fairy Tail LAxus might know how to do it.

Uriel
July 23, 2011, 11:51 AM
What an awesome art, I must say.

First: Well, Hologiorum is now Deus Ex Machina mode. ¬¬
Second: So many panels with their ass kicked but showing no technique by FT guys. That kinda bored me.
Third: Psychopath bit? Please Hades, you were cool.
Forth: I hated the tittle spoiled us so much, more when it's the ending twist you put. Never name a chapter with the surprise in the end and announce it a week before.

Overall, great chapter to see. And Natsu lost, so it has more plus for it.

matzik1212
July 23, 2011, 11:57 AM
you are such mean guys to be so happy when the main character is beat to a pulp by a evil and crazy grandpa :D ...i'm sure natsu will definitely give laxus a hand in defeating hades just to piss some of you off:p 'cause it would be ridiculous if he could beat him alone considering makarov lost so miserably

wooticus
July 23, 2011, 03:25 PM
I personally liked the capter. The thing with horologium might be discussable but i don't mind too much.
But do we know which kind of spell katsu is now? Maybe the disappearing was just done by the clock and Hades' spell is something totally different.

Then there is the stuff Hades told about Makarov changing the guild. Well that's something weird in my opinion. It sound's a bit like Fairy Tail was a totally different guild back then. But how was the second Fairy Tail? Some pointed out Fairy Tail might have been a "gray" guild. That's totally not how it has been i think - because that's basically what Fairy Tail is now, doing a lot of collateral damage and such stuff. I think that Hades "Second Fairy Tail" was guild dominated by discipline(at least they had to be on the "good side", anything else wouldn't make sense) and had the strongest mages around. Makarov turned it back into something where friendship is more important than anything.
So the interesting point there would be that Hades is criticizing Makarov for the same stuff Laxus did. Weakening the guild by accepting too much weak members etc.
But i guess the "Third Fairy Tail" is very much like "First Fairy Tail", powered by friendship, i think that's what Mavis wanted and Hades maybe misinterpreted.

Now based on this theory and the next chapter's title being "unbranded man" i guess it's all about laxus decision between good and evil. Whether he falls back into his thought of the guild having to be more elite - or finally understanding the bonds with his comrades.

I could also think of an outcome where Laxus does something like a cease fire with Hades, letting him leave with Zeref with the promise to build a "Fourth Fairy Tail" like Hades "Second Fairy Tail" with the condition that hades let's the FT members live for now.

But the more certain outcome will be:
Laxus just defeating hades with a little help of his friends. Some said Laxus is on par with Erza. Well that's just not true i think. Erza fought on par with Laxus for a short time when Laxus was anything but all out and she already wore a situational armor which had benefits against lightning. And don't forget that in the manga where friendship beats everything an Erza with the will to protect her friends fought against an laxus with only egoistic desires. You can easily assume Laxus to be around five times as strong as in that battle. (And then there is also the boost of him being the desired new FT master, maybe makarov feels laxus and does some power transfer).

Lastly there is the stuff about acknologia. 3 theories there.
1. Massive Destruction AOE --> Everybody fleeing
2. Acknologia actually being the equivalent to ultears arc of time... only for organic matter. So he can affect humans with it... He told something about he might awaken when eras end...
3. Infusing everything with darkness, just like natsus muffler. Well we'll see more about this soon.

sarutobi_sensei
July 23, 2011, 03:28 PM
If you look closely on the colour page, hades looks a LOT like Makarov.

Loved Horologium Automatic Danger Response Mode. That was an awesome ability :D

Next Gray's comment on Wendy being naked inside Horologium... pervert. Juvia would stalk wendy forever if she was there.

Hade's comment on the guild having changed leaves me intrigued. I wanna know more about that.

Lily and Happy were so cute when Laxus entered the ship xD

I'm wondering if Hades has met Laxus before. He seems to know him from somewhere. Well it could be just his reputation, but... I feel there's something else there...

The title for the next chapter is interesting, the unbranded man? It's probably about how Laxus isn't a FT member anymore and has been stripped of his FT mark?

Either way, I'm sure he will cause damage but it will be Zeref who will end Hades.

Acnologia seems dangerous as hell. They're in a bad situation with Acnologia and Etherion being fired soon upon them.

Sevenheadedmirror
July 23, 2011, 03:29 PM
Please read this post as I'm sure you will agree.

Did anyone else saw this picture (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/84333937/3) and thought "Fucking stop!" seriously, Lluvia stop. He's clearly gay. I'm a straight guy and would evidently be pissed off if a gay guy doesn't stop following me. That's harassment. Respect the man's decision: The guy is ripped and wears tight leather pants with a chain on them. Furthermore he likes to make this "almost kiss" (http://a7.idata.over-blog.com/300x212/3/62/97/04/Fairy-tail/natsu-vs-grey.JPG) with Natsu at every time he gets an opportunity, his idol is a woman whom is the only female he clearly feels passionate about but for his tomboyish red haired friend and fashionable and rich blonde friend. Also has anyone seen Lluvia? she's EXACTLY as every other girl in the manga (children don't count) and, as any, she has enormous... she's alright.

ca12nag3
July 23, 2011, 03:36 PM
Please read this post as I'm sure you will agree.

Did anyone else saw this picture (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/84333937/3) and thought "Fucking stop!" seriously, Lluvia stop. He's clearly gay. I'm a straight guy and would evidently be pissed off if a gay guy doesn't stop following me. That's harassment. Respect the man's decision: The guy is ripped and wears tight leather pants with a chain on them. Furthermore he likes to make this "almost kiss" (http://a7.idata.over-blog.com/300x212/3/62/97/04/Fairy-tail/natsu-vs-grey.JPG) with Natsu at every time he gets an opportunity, his idol is a woman whom is the only female he clearly feels passionate about but for his tomboyish red haired friend and fashion rich blonde friend. Also has anyone seen Lluvia? she's EXACTLY as every other girl in the manga (children don't count) and, as any, she has enormous... she's alright.

Haha well he aint gay, so far Mashima hasnt brought in a main gay character. He could but hasnt. I dunno Grays goals are kinda mysterious atm since after the entire demon thing.

Also didnt anyone notice Makarovs position, im sure he just fakes that his eyes are closed and hes asleep :P

Skyguardian
July 23, 2011, 05:17 PM
Next Gray's comment on Wendy being naked inside Horologium... pervert. Juvia would stalk wendy forever if she was there.

I wonder... She did not wear any panties? What a spoiled child.

Chapter was great in my opninion. Natsu beeing toyed with as I wanted it to be. Lucy in tears for Natsu was kinda cute. She has something for him.

Laxus should be able to put up a good fight but he'll lose.

MechR
July 23, 2011, 05:38 PM
Lol that is a lot of happiness :D Yeah, it's milestone in the history of FT :D There was nothing for him to eat! xDI don't know if it's that special. Zero beat the tar out of Natsu once, too.

Quantized
July 23, 2011, 05:39 PM
Oh... My... God...!

Haven't had such a good chapter.. in... I don't know... IN AGES!!! :darn

I loved how they finally reached their limit, it finally pulled the manga back in the realm of realism, moreover, Laxus came in the most perfect moment ever!

This chapter made it clear that everyone still has a long way to go, thus, the manga is not near the end. It was a bit lame how they defeated such a strong dark Guild like this, this easy. So good to get the power scale back in place!!

Depending on how it's written, it could be either good or bad if Laxus wins. But going by the so far theme of Fairy Tail, it's very very likely that he will. I mean, his not even handicapped or exhausted from fighting to begin with.

Laxus is likely already forgiven and redeemed, especially now that he saves them, and I'm willing to bet he's more his old self before becoming an egoistic bastard than ever, the guy the Guild once knew when he was younger.

Personally I'll predict that Laxus will get serious trouble towards the end, but somehow, he'll finally either win, or force grandpa to retreat!

Once more... EPIC chapter compared to what we just went through :p

Kauia
July 23, 2011, 06:48 PM
I love the chapter! Horologium's abiity was amzing. Nobody predicted that! The magic Hades was about to use is that dangerous, kind of implies how much in danger Wendy was than the times when Lucy was about to get bashed up as spoken in the past troubles. Horologium... though, does he appear depending on how much in danger a person is? Did he come through his own magic or Lucy's?

Doranbolt thought I'm sorry as they were retreating. Thoughts anyone? They looked really shaken. The next chapter could possibly an arc with Magic Council. I wonder what the Magic council would do. They might do something crazy maybe crazier than the etherion idea.

Laxus entrance is epic! Expected yet epic.

Laxus strength is on par with Erza. Through supposed fight in the past, Laxus would have a hard time with Erza because they're pretty much equal in strength. A speech about beliefs may occur in the next chapter. Hades belief on what fairy tail is supposed to be, What Mavis' belief really is, Makarov's belief and how he changed FT will come to light. There would be a show of Laxus skills and abilities no doubt but Hades would probably be unscathed through it all. I don't think Laxus is enough at all to defeat Hades. Even if he teamed up with Natsu, Gray, Wendy, Erza and Lucy; that's not going to cut it.

It makes you wonder what Fairy tail's existence originally is supposed to be. The next chapters might give a hint of what it really means. Could Fairy tail in the past only official in name but had its own hidden agendas? Possibly Mavis supposed will? Fairy tail might have a deadly secret. Possibly also related to the source of magic, Zeref and the dragons.

I'm still hoping that Zeref would come defeating Hades.

Quantized
July 23, 2011, 08:59 PM
@Kauia

What makes you say Laxus and Erza are equal? Did I miss something somewhere or a data book perhaps?

Laxus seems to be in second after Gildartz (gut feeling), but after leaving the guild, he may have gotten a hellah lot stronger though..

Think about it, before he was struggling with his emotions, after leaving the guild, Laxus was put straight and moved on with his life.

He may have grown quite a lot! No less all the knowledge he probably has about magic from gramps, he could advance fast.

Never thought I would say this about this character... but....

Laxus :yourock

Long term prediction; Think Gramps will survive, probably still being the leader of the guild. However Laxus will take over some of the guild responsibilities.
A war will break out, the dark mage will return, and Laxus would be perfect for leading the guild at the front while gramps could be supporting with strategic planning and last resort help if needed. Well, just a theory anyway :)

Edit: Also a lot of new dark guilds could be born with the return of the dark mage, war "could" be on it's way.

Vaste Lorde
July 23, 2011, 11:09 PM
Laxus strength is on par with Erza. Through supposed fight in the past, Laxus would have a hard time with Erza because they're pretty much equal in strength. A speech about beliefs may occur in the next chapter

I need proof!

Damn all this comparing of laxus to Erza is making me hate her more. I don't know why i despise her, i swear she is like the mainstream shit that kids in today's society find amusing. Her fights were all worse than Natsu's, finish off opponents with one final attack. Or have some random shit pulled out of her ass. Hated all her fights, so pointless.. has she even gone through progression? the way mashima portrays her make it seem like she is as strong as she started out.

don't compare Laxus to her, she is not worthy to be in that status. I do however agree she is a strong member in their guild. I could say the same about Natsu and Mira.

Logic wise, he should be a step above the gang (Natsu, Mira, Erza). Gildarts a step above that.

I think many underestimate Gildarts too, he should be as strong if not stronger than the old geezers. But I tend to notice that older people in the Japanese culture are portrayed as wiser, smarter and somehow stronger.

Nonetheless a mediocre chapter. It would have been more suspenseful if she really was gone. Laxus was great this chapter.

And for Natsu x Lcuy, come on people its pretty obvious by now that they would end up together, shouldn't even be debatable at this point.

Kuzumikun
July 23, 2011, 11:15 PM
What was the point of Cana getting Fairy Glitter if she doesn't even get to use it to its full power? Anyways i think it's probably going to play out like this Laxus gets some hits on Hades, doesn't effect Hades, Hades beats the brownies outta Laxus, Laxus eats a Lightning bolt, Laxus goes nuts, Hades is 60% down as he is going to use all his magic power to kill everyone Zeref comes and see's Natsu and recognizes Lucy somehow too and he goes don't hurt them bla bla bla and knocks out Hades. Or not... :]

@Above
HELL yes LucyxNatsu ftw<33333 so cute EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

llamapie
July 24, 2011, 02:40 AM
What was the point of Cana getting Fairy Glitter if she doesn't even get to use it to its full power? Anyways i think it's probably going to play out like this Laxus gets some hits on Hades, doesn't effect Hades, Hades beats the brownies outta Laxus, Laxus eats a Lightning bolt, Laxus goes nuts, Hades is 60% down as he is going to use all his magic power to kill everyone Zeref comes and see's Natsu and recognizes Lucy somehow too and he goes don't hurt them bla bla bla and knocks out Hades. Or not... :]

@Above
HELL yes LucyxNatsu ftw<33333 so cute EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

Still pretty sure Hades is doomed once the cats take out the power source. I think its the source of his vitality. He shoulda been taken out by that first ultra combo. Something is fishy about the ship. Seems to me to be the one only reason they would have the cats go. Its going to pay off more than curbing Natsu's motion sickness.

Kuzumikun
July 24, 2011, 03:23 AM
Still pretty sure Hades is doomed once the cats take out the power source. I think its the source of his vitality. He shoulda been taken out by that first ultra combo. Something is fishy about the ship. Seems to me to be the one only reason they would have the cats go. Its going to pay off more than curbing Natsu's motion sickness.

OHH forgot about that~! Totally i agree something is fishy errrrr strange about that ship...Hades trying to be all cool being come and get me on my super powered ship that gives me a buff...Anyways yeah that's true i think he probably got suprised too not because of Laxus but his ship kinda got hit from the lightning! OHHHH that changes everything LMAO!

Darjaille
July 24, 2011, 06:33 AM
I don't know if it's that special. Zero beat the tar out of Natsu once, too.

And then Natsu beat the crap out of Zero, after eating those gold flames xDD
..Oh please Mashima, this time - no history repeating! o.o

---------------------------------

I totally love the idea of FT being labelled dark after this arc. Lone Guild and enemies everywhere, lol xD That would also open the possibility of taking Meldy in (Council would put her into jail), I don't know about Ultear, but she doesn't seem like a type that would join FT. And, maybe Zeref too -> who knows what ending will this arc have? xD

RaveDragon
July 24, 2011, 07:48 AM

1) Natsu crying

Just wanted to add
4) The boy who stared at the sea
5) Acnologia

and i have to agree Laxus can't wins for plot reasons UNLESS Hades manages to wake Zeref in a last struggle or something and he takes over. But I think this is not the last time we see Hades ^^ I'd rather like him as one of the last bug villians instead of Urtear I mean if not her than him unless she hasnt converted yet

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Dont like it that Laxus isnt getting attention so maybe this return has something to do with Daddy Ivan coming ater this?

ca12nag3
July 24, 2011, 09:51 AM
Just wanted to add
5) Acnologia

and i have to agree Laxus can't wins for plot reasons UNLESS Hades manages to wake Zeref in a last struggle or something and he takes over. But I think this is not the last time we see Hades ^^ I'd rather like him as one of the last bug villians instead of Urtear I mean if not her than him unless she hasnt converted yet

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Dont like it that Laxus isnt getting attention so maybe this return has something to do with Daddy Ivan coming ater this?

I dont think (even if it happens) that Ivan is related to whats going on with Laxus atm. So far he was training/traveling alone. And Gajeel is serving as doubleagent to see what Ivan is doing. And since it seems Laxus still has his powers Ivan hasnt extracted the lachrima from him.

Laxus might win or not. I totally dont know what Mashima is up too. Its happend before in other manga of his as well as FT now that characters mysteriously power up (off screen) far beyond others that we've seen grow that were shown improving.

Personally i dont see how Laxus could have grown far more then Erza has now, too me shes the indicator of power here.

-Erza took on Jupiter canon and after that fought close to Joses lvl. and at that point Natsu was no match for her at all.
-Makarov totally owned Jose.

So Erza is close to that of 1 of a guild leader, granted Laxus is stronger then her. Or at least i think so. However i dont think he has grown extreme more then Erza. So in terms of Hades vs Erza+other and Hades vs Laxus i dont see him win.

Rarhyx
July 24, 2011, 11:57 AM

I have a feeling what will happen:

laxus will get pwnd by hades then the lil boy comes and saves the day...
>.<
then he gets pwnd and then zeref will come and truly finish hades off
>.<²

Vaste Lorde
July 24, 2011, 01:41 PM
Erza took on Jupiter canon and after that fought close to Joses lvl. and at that point Natsu was no match for her at all.
-Makarov totally owned Jose.

Really you determined her strength from that? They way i saw was that she was merely keeping up with him until Makarov arrived to save the day. You can't determine strength like that when the author showed no indication as to how strong each characters are in terms of numbers.

We can predict that she is strong but let me ask you this, what has she done different from her teammates that put her in such a huge gap among her peers? Is it her training methods? Last time i checked she only defeated her opponents because she kept recalling on that friendship bullshit. There is no absolute way to know how strong she is unless we had a guide book.

Natsu has dragon maigc, already that should indicate to everyone that he has most powerful magic or will eventually reach that level. I don't where your getting that she was almost on par with Jose.

Like i said before, strength is strongly related to age in this manga. Laxus is definitely stronger than Erza and she is debatable to Grey and Natsu and Mira and those other dudes. Didn't Ur say she was the strongest and got her ass handed to her by Grey. It tells you that in this manga, having friendship and determination, you can accomplish much.

Laxus will lose to Hades but he will put up a nice show, Zeref will definitely intervene .

ca12nag3
July 24, 2011, 03:43 PM
Really you determined her strength from that? They way i saw was that she was merely keeping up with him until Makarov arrived to save the day. You can't determine strength like that when the author showed no indication as to how strong each characters are in terms of numbers.

We can predict that she is strong but let me ask you this, what has she done different from her teammates that put her in such a huge gap among her peers? Is it her training methods? Last time i checked she only defeated her opponents because she kept recalling on that friendship bullshit. There is no absolute way to know how strong she is unless we had a guide book.

Natsu has dragon maigc, already that should indicate to everyone that he has most powerful magic or will eventually reach that level. I don't where your getting that she was almost on par with Jose.

Like i said before, strength is strongly related to age in this manga. Laxus is definitely stronger than Erza and she is debatable to Grey and Natsu and Mira and those other dudes. Didn't Ur say she was the strongest and got her ass handed to her by Grey. It tells you that in this manga, having friendship and determination, you can accomplish much.

Laxus will lose to Hades but he will put up a nice show, Zeref will definitely intervene .

Im usually to lazy to read back chapters in to much detail but for this ^^.

-ch58 Erza oneshots Aria after Natsu is incapable of defeating him. Could say Aria is of the same lvl as Juvia. ( ch59 and yeah as people say she said hes the man that will surpass her but that hasnt happend yet)
-ch60 both Elfman and Gray get oneshotted by Jose, Erza < in the chapter before, was exhausted and fell to the ground after which she yelled at Natsu to go. But here she is challenging Jose.
-ch64 Jose says if you had not already been damaged by Jupiter this may well have been quite some battle. Indicating it would be more or less a even match. And its after all this that makarov finally shows up so yes its a good indicator of her power. And it is within reason why Makarov thought that she would be a good candidate to take over the guild. Makarov would not put her on her list if he didnt believe shes good enough.

About her defeating opponents with nakama bullshit, its not like she does that all the time. Her strength is real she kicks ass.And yes she does it for her friends? What else would it be for? They are a *good* guild. They dont fight for personal gains or power but to help people with their quests and defend their loved ones... If thats something you dislike you shouldnt read FT ^^

Ifrit
July 24, 2011, 08:39 PM
Im usually to lazy to read back chapters in to much detail but for this ^^.

-ch58 Erza oneshots Aria after Natsu is incapable of defeating him. Could say Aria is of the same lvl as Juvia. ( ch59 and yeah as people say she said hes the man that will surpass her but that hasnt happend yet)
-ch60 both Elfman and Gray get oneshotted by Jose, Erza < in the chapter before, was exhausted and fell to the ground after which she yelled at Natsu to go. But here she is challenging Jose.
-ch64 Jose says if you had not already been damaged by Jupiter this may well have been quite some battle. Indicating it would be more or less a even match. And its after all this that makarov finally shows up so yes its a good indicator of her power. And it is within reason why Makarov thought that she would be a good candidate to take over the guild. Makarov would not put her on her list if he didnt believe shes good enough.

About her defeating opponents with nakama bullshit, its not like she does that all the time. Her strength is real she kicks ass.And yes she does it for her friends? What else would it be for? They are a *good* guild. They dont fight for personal gains or power but to help people with their quests and defend their loved ones... If thats something you dislike you shouldnt read FT ^^

You said it ur self......Makarov easy won VS Jose....

Dude the skill Makorov used...Laxus can do it.... >.>

doesn't matter what kinda of crappy show would Erza do if she didn't lose lots of her power before she fought Jose

Why ? Because Laxus would still one shot Jose ass !!!! with Fairy Law.

actually if Laxus did Fairy Law...he will be able to take out every1 in Phantom faction including this 4 elements LOL

I can't say which is stronger Erza or Laxus...unless I see them both going 1 on 1 xDD

ca12nag3
July 24, 2011, 09:34 PM
You said it ur self......Makarov easy won VS Jose....

Dude the skill Makorov used...Laxus can do it.... >.>

doesn't matter what kinda of crappy show would Erza do if she didn't lose lots of her power before she fought Jose

Why ? Because Laxus would still one shot Jose ass !!!! with Fairy Law.

actually if Laxus did Fairy Law...he will be able to take out every1 in Phantom faction including this 4 elements LOL

I can't say which is stronger Erza or Laxus...unless I see them both going 1 on 1 xDD

Makarov can so Laxus can? Where are you going? Laxus can do Fairy Law so what? Hades got Grimoir Law, both annihilate eachothers enemies. So it wont help either. Thats what Hades ment with if you do so i will do as well. It would mean a doublekill.

And for all of Makarovs other abilities i doubt Laxus knows those. Hes a thunder mage in the first place.

I cant help it that people like Laxus so much that they are blind to the fact hes a S-Class mage NOT SS-Class, so hes still under Gildarts abilities. And around Erza+Mystogan+Mirajanes level.

Ifrit
July 25, 2011, 03:31 AM
Makarov can so Laxus can? Where are you going? Laxus can do Fairy Law so what? Hades got Grimoir Law, both annihilate eachothers enemies. So it wont help either. Thats what Hades ment with if you do so i will do as well. It would mean a doublekill.

And for all of Makarovs other abilities i doubt Laxus knows those. Hes a thunder mage in the first place.

I cant help it that people like Laxus so much that they are blind to the fact hes a S-Class mage NOT SS-Class, so hes still under Gildarts abilities. And around Erza+Mystogan+Mirajanes level.

I expect Laxus to lose Vs HADES....but you are talking about Jose not HADES...and YES he can do Fairy Law so why can't he do the exact thing VS Jose lol just like Makorov

And I agree Laxus is not even near Gildartz or Makorov Level. ( Gildartz is twice older than Laxus we shouldn't compare )

about HADES it would be crazy if actually Laxus can single handed HADES it doesn't make any sense.

for Now If FT is the one going ot beat HADES I think it would be like

Makorov + Laxus Vs HADES or Laxus + Gildartz Vs HADES

more likely it's Zeref who end this fight.

jupzter
July 25, 2011, 07:22 AM
Awesome chapter... Although a lot of people already saw it coming. I wonder if some of the stronger member will join the fight too like Gildartz and Gajeel...

llamapie
July 25, 2011, 11:51 AM
Awesome chapter... Although a lot of people already saw it coming. I wonder if some of the stronger member will join the fight too like Gildartz and Gajeel...

Dunno about Gildartz he seemed completely done after his fight with bluenote. Gajeel I can see coming because he is a hard head and wouldn't let an opportunity to beat Hades' ass pass.

ErosVp
July 25, 2011, 01:18 PM
Good chapter just because NAtsu lost once, and a cool character like Luxus came back!

Just like Ifrit said, Laxus can on shot a weaker master level like Jose. Erza was only able to keep up, and i'm pretty sure Luxus could annihilate all Phantom Lord Guild without having to use Fairy Law. Gajeel said that clash would be completely different if Luxus was there right? The S-class mages of Phantom Lord would lose just to the Thunder God Tribe (Raijinshū )....

I agree Luxus shouldn't be able to win against Hades, but why Mashima brought him?

White Silver King
July 25, 2011, 02:12 PM
Just like Ifrit said, Laxus can on shot a weaker master level like Jose

We've seen no evidence of anything like that.

Erza was only able to keep up,
After she got hit by a MASSIVE beam of incredibly destructive magical energy that would have wiped out most towns....

ErosVp
July 25, 2011, 03:20 PM
We've seen no evidence of anything like that.

Are you sure you just don't like the character, and is just trying to convince yourself? Since this is not Air Gear, or something alike, that state power levels with numbers you can only see such clear things using common sense....

White Silver King
July 25, 2011, 04:06 PM
Are you sure you just don't like the character, and is just trying to convince yourself? Since this is not Air Gear, or something alike, that state power levels with numbers you can only see such clear things using common sense....

I've been very open about the fact that I don't like Laxus, but that's not going to stand in the way of my looking at him objectively (but based on your posts here and in the "Next FT Master thread" the same cannot be said for your bias towards Laxus). I don't need power levels to be stated with exact numbers to tell me that Laxus is not as strong or stronger than Makarov. He hasn't given the slightest amount of proof that he is. At most, he's as strong as Erza (which isn't a bad thing, she's extremely powerful). I have no doubt Laxus could defeat Jose, but he ceratinly wouldn't one shot him without Fairy Law.

ErosVp
July 25, 2011, 04:26 PM
I always thought 2 Erzas = 1 Luxus! And that was when he was part of the guild, I'm sure he came infinitely more badass...
In the Fightin Festival arc was clear that Luxus was the strongest of the guild, except for Makarov and Gildartz obviously. Mistgun was losing the fight, and Erza don't look stronger than Mistgun either. I also think Luxus must've been the youngest to be a S-class with 15 years...

And Jose was one of the ten wizards magics, so win against him is being one of the tops of the world.... Erza is just as strong as good S-class can be, her fights are so-so and Natsu in Dragon force is more powerfull than her several times too

ca12nag3
July 25, 2011, 06:20 PM
I always thought 2 Erzas = 1 Luxus! And that was when he was part of the guild, I'm sure he came infinitely more badass...
In the Fightin Festival arc was clear that Luxus was the strongest of the guild, except for Makarov and Gildartz obviously. Mistgun was losing the fight, and Erza don't look stronger than Mistgun either. I also think Luxus must've been the youngest to be a S-class with 15 years...

And Jose was one of the ten wizards magics, so win against him is being one of the tops of the world.... Erza is just as strong as good S-class can be, her fights are so-so and Natsu in Dragon force is more powerfull than her several times too

I dont get where everyone is getting the Laxus overpower idea. So far we only saw him fight vs Natsu and Natsu+Gajeel. He wasnt beating Natsu more then Erza could. And the infinitely stronger? As if the other mages were just sitting on their ass doing nothing? Kidding me? Since Laxus left everyone has been fighting like in Edolas. So nobody is slacking. Thus everyone grew. Sure Laxus will be stronger but it remains to be seen how much.
And he couldnt beat Natsu+Gajeel which to me is weaker then Natsu+co vs Hades just a few minutes before he arived. And they couldnt even scratch him.
Frankly ill be surprised if he takes him alone and owns him. Matter of fact i dont see him win alone at all.

Kauia
July 25, 2011, 06:22 PM
Actually when you look into the fight between Erza and Laxus, you can see they're on the par with each other. They're on the same level. If he was really that strong, he'd be a SS mage which he isn't like ca12nag3 said.

But...

Laxus hasn't what? Been seen for ages. He's magic that we all saw was the artificial dragon slayer magic. Ivan had said that he was weak which was why he had put the lacrima on Laxus. Its makes you wonder what really Laxus potential as a mage is. The magic he had before, artificial dragon slayer magic, strong, was what he relied on. He could actually be stronger basing on his potential as a mage (Laxus isn't a fav mind you so no favoritisms there). His potential as a mage which no one has seen may bloom here. He could possibly have a different magic all together that no one has seen. Whatever it may be, we'll see in the next chapters.

I'm still hoping and thinking that Zeref will interfere and all hell breaks loose. The last fight would be with Zeref where FT might end up in a draw. :D

Hence the Natsu crying, Lucy knowing about the story of magic's origin (could be a story she heard from her mom or read it), Zeref and all the seven things might finally show.

White Silver King
July 25, 2011, 06:33 PM
I always thought 2 Erzas = 1 Luxus!

Erza don't look stronger than Mistgun either
You cannot know this! Nothing in the manga has been even close to indicating their power levels in relation to each other. Mistgun and Erza never fought and nor did they face any similar opponents. The only interaction we've seen between Erza and Laxus is her neutralizing his attack, and the fight between Laxus and Mystogan is not indicative of anything because the battle went unfinished and they were equally injured when they parted ways, Mystogan was in no way "losing that fight."

In the Fightin Festival arc was clear that Luxus was the strongest of the guild
Only by his own admission and his ego is ENORMOUS.

Ifrit
July 25, 2011, 06:57 PM
Actually when you look into the fight between Erza and Laxus, you can see they're on the par with each other. They're on the same level. If he was really that strong, he'd be a SS mage which he isn't like ca12nag3.

mmmm..I think you should go and watch the anime or read the chapter again.

Laxus started fighting seriously after they stopped his hall of thunder !!!

he was only playing with Erza and Mystogan he wasn't even @ 10 % comparing to what he do to Gajeel and Natsu

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7237-20/fairy-tail/chapter-122.html

Kauia
July 25, 2011, 09:25 PM
I don't really see that as an indication that Laxus was stronger than Erza. I still stand by my earlier statement. Like I said, how strong he is, we'll see that in the next chapters. I doubt Mystogan was going serious with Laxus too. I think Mystogan and Laxus weren't both serious. They were more like 'warming up' or 'getting a feel of their opponents gauge'. There was also the fact that their fight was unfinished. Aaaand Erza left the fight to Natsu ahem Natsu and Gazille.

Quantized
July 26, 2011, 12:10 AM
I don't really see that as an indication that Laxus was stronger than Erza. I still stand by my earlier statement. Like I said, how strong he is, we'll see that in the next chapters. I doubt Mystogan was going serious with Laxus too. I think Mystogan and Laxus weren't both serious. They were more like 'warming up' or 'getting a feel of their opponents gauge'. There was also the fact that their fight was unfinished. Aaaand Erza left the fight to Natsu ahem Natsu and Gazille.

It's not that I don't like strong girls in a shounen manga, in fact, I would promote it if I could!

This is a long post, but I'll get to the point at the end :)

I don't see Erza as strong, if you had to compare to the upper league of the magic world.. and Laxus seems more like in-between the power houses and the high-tier/mid-tier magic fighters like Erza and even Natsu (assuming he gets a strong flame).

What makes one a power house?
I believe there are 4 conditions to be meet;

A healthy body at the age between young and old, before it grows towards old.
A very strong will, the more will power, the more fierce magic gets.
Seemingly you need to be attuned to magic. E.g. Zeref is HIGHLY attuned while someone like, your average mage, are less sensitive to magic.
Knowledge on magic and spells.

Looking at this chart, assuming it's true, you realize why strong old people can't keep up with the strong young magicians, if there are 4 conditions to your power, and you drop in 2 conditions, then your overall magic power goes down a lot too! While also true for the young having to reach higher in knowledge and will power, but let's assume they got that on a high level too?

What I think is, 2 of the conditions are close connected; this is a healthy young / mid age body and attunement to magic. The older you grow from very young age, the more magic power you get, (you open up for the potential of your attunement) lets assume it works the same the other way around, the older you get, the less magic power you have because your body grows weak, however if you loose a lot of attunement to old age is a vague question we can't answer yet.
If your health drops or suddenly drops, so will your magic power, because your life force is connected to your magic power.

Look at it this way; 100% is a power house of a random mage, lets say his completely balanced between the 4 conditions to make it easier.

Body/health 25% balanced.
Strong will 25% balanced.
Attunement to magic 25% balanced.
Knowledge on magic and magic tricks 25% balanced.

Lets take Marakov as an example and be fair to him, and say he lost 15% in body/health, and 10% in attunement to magic as a result of that, all assuming will power is same as when younger.

Then his overall strength would be 75% and 25% is lost potential.

That was just being nice to Marakov, his probably lower than that, and assuming any other old geezer/grandpa is under the same rule, then we also have to remember that we have only seen strong "old" powerhouses except Zeref himself.
The reason they are stronger even at old age is because their will power and knowledge can remain high, even grow, but they can't compete well against other younger power houses who also have a strong will and gifted with knowledge.

Turning the boat around, looking at it from below and up;
Erza is still quite younger than Laxus is in his prime age if you think of it magically, it's a weakness in power scale difference.
Her attunement is still not at her strongest either, as a result of her young age.
She lacks knowledge, Laxus is likely to have way more than her. It's an assumption, but can you think other vice?
Erza is still a young mage, still finding her will power, unstable at heart, as any other young person are, you and I, compared to older people. Laxus is over that, he has stepped into the "calm" age and his will power looks exceptional!

When it all comes down to it, Erza is inferior to Laxus in all aspects except perhaps attunement, since we don't know how much attunement to magic she has compared to Laxus. But assuming she's only strong in that area, Laxus still pull ahead in the other 3 conditions to a power house.

Then again, Laxus is in family with Marakov, it's likely that Laxus is highly attuned, and then he won't just pull little ahead of Erza, but a lot, since he has the other 3 conditions meet too!

There is a lot of assumptions here, however It's also just a theory when it comes down to it. A bit tired, could have written this a lot better, sorry for the hard to read post :)

kkck
July 26, 2011, 12:23 AM
What I have been wondering for a bit is what has been laxus doing all this time. The thunder has been mentioned more than a few times now. It has been around during the past few chapters at least. In this regard it seems as if laxus has actually been preparing something. Laxus is almost certainly a level above erza at least meaning he could actually give a run for him money to someone like makarov as long as fairy law is not a factor (jose did say erza would be an interesting enemy and except for fairy law he seemed like makarov's equal). Laxus most likely spent all this time preparing an exceptionally powerful spell. It would make perfect sense if he did considering the chapter gave very strong indications that hades met laxus before and was even responsible for the scar on his eye. Heck, it would make sense for laxus to plan something epic if he really did fight hades before.

MechR
July 26, 2011, 02:30 AM
You cannot know this! Nothing in the manga has been even close to indicating their power levels in relation to each other. Mistgun and Erza never fought and nor did they face any similar opponents. The only interaction we've seen between Erza and Laxus is her neutralizing his attack, and the fight between Laxus and Mystogan is not indicative of anything because the battle went unfinished and they were equally injured when they parted ways, Mystogan was in no way "losing that fight."Mistgun putting Erza to sleep implies that he's stronger, but it's not clear who'd win in a direct fight. We do know she's been awake to see him before though, since she recognized him on sight whereas Natsu did not. Still, Mistgun >= Erza.

Against Mistgun, Luxus was hiding his DS powers and Fairy Law. Mistgun apparently could not put him to sleep the normal way (otherwise he would have), and only managed a draw, even with his long-setup attack spell (which he'd have trouble pulling off a second time). And unfortunately, he never got to show off anything more impressive before being written out of the story permanently. So going by what we know, Luxus > Mistgun.

Similarly, Luxus fended off Erza without revealing his DS powers or Fairy Law. And Erza looks up to Fairy Law as a legendary spell, so Luxus > Erza.

Another dynamic you can look at is, who knew the most secrets? Mistgun knew about Erza's situation, but Erza did know about his. Luxus knew things about Mistgun that Mistgun did not know Luxus knew. By contrast, neither Erza nor Mistgun knew about Luxus's DS or Fairy Law, otherwise they wouldn't have left him to Natsu. So here too, Luxus > Mistgun > Erza.

jupzter
July 26, 2011, 04:56 AM
I dont get where everyone is getting the Laxus overpower idea. So far we only saw him fight vs Natsu and Natsu+Gajeel. He wasnt beating Natsu more then Erza could. And the infinitely stronger? As if the other mages were just sitting on their ass doing nothing? Kidding me? Since Laxus left everyone has been fighting like in Edolas. So nobody is slacking. Thus everyone grew. Sure Laxus will be stronger but it remains to be seen how much.
And he couldnt beat Natsu+Gajeel which to me is weaker then Natsu+co vs Hades just a few minutes before he arived. And they couldnt even scratch him.
Frankly ill be surprised if he takes him alone and owns him. Matter of fact i dont see him win alone at all.

About The Natsu + Gajeel VS Laxus... Laxus could have won hands down after he cast Fairy Law, Hes only downfall maybe because deep in his heart he still love Fairy Tail that's why FL failed... But what if Laxux is fighting with an intent to kill + Nakama power... Well I'm not saying he can defeat Hades but he can give Hades a run for his money...

chngming
July 26, 2011, 05:00 AM

dun forget Ur had just battle with Zeref

ca12nag3
July 26, 2011, 06:43 AM
About The Natsu + Gajeel VS Laxus... Laxus could have won hands down after he cast Fairy Law, Hes only downfall maybe because deep in his heart he still love Fairy Tail that's why FL failed... But what if Laxux is fighting with an intent to kill + Nakama power... Well I'm not saying he can defeat Hades but he can give Hades a run for his money...

You people forget that Mashima pulled a doublekill option here. He already knew that Fairy Law is hax. Basically it means that whenever enemies attack FT and Makarov is there its instant pwn.
So he put Hades up with a Grimoire Law. This way when both casters cast their Law its both sides whipe. Thats why Makarov canceled it. Thus Laxus cant do it either since if he does Hades will threaten again with Grimoire Law.

ErosVp
July 26, 2011, 06:46 AM
People are focusing too much that Luxus is a fake DS, he will not change the main source of magic he uses... Of course he won't be able to have all the power he could if he was a real DS, Natsu won using a DS techinique that cuts dragons skin and Luxus wasn't aware, but he has other spells to rely while the Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy only use DS magic!

So Luxus isn't weaker or has less potential because he is fake, he can even enter Dragon Force mode while Gajeel can't.... And Luxus fought Erza and Mistgun without using this.

liductan
July 26, 2011, 08:21 AM
All I have to say some people really need to go back and watch the fight between natsu and gajeel vs laxus over again.

White Silver King
July 26, 2011, 10:29 AM
Mistgun putting Erza to sleep implies that he's stronger, but it's not clear who'd win in a direct fight. We do know she's been awake to see him before though, since she recognized him on sight whereas Natsu did not. Still, Mistgun >= Erza.

I got the impression it was for dramatic effect that everyone fell asleep but Makarov...

Against Mistgun, Luxus was hiding his DS powers and Fairy Law. Mistgun apparently could not put him to sleep the normal way (otherwise he would have), and only managed a draw, even with his long-setup attack spell (which he'd have trouble pulling off a second time). And unfortunately, he never got to show off anything more impressive before being written out of the story permanently. So going by what we know, Luxus > Mistgun.
No, from what we've seen Laxus = Mistgun. We don't know how he'd fare against DS Laxus so we can't just infer he'd lose. And apparently, FL wouldn't work against.

Similarly, Luxus fended off Erza without revealing his DS powers or Fairy Law. And Erza looks up to Fairy Law as a legendary spell, so Luxus > Erza.
Erza also didn't use any of her stronger armors and she fended him off just as equally. Again, FL wouldn't work and just because she looks up to a spell doesn't make her weaker than him. It's an EXTREMELY hax spell that I really wish had never been introduced to the manga.

Another dynamic you can look at is, who knew the most secrets? Mistgun knew about Erza's situation, but Erza did know about his. Luxus knew things about Mistgun that Mistgun did not know Luxus knew. By contrast, neither Erza nor Mistgun knew about Luxus's DS or Fairy Law, otherwise they wouldn't have left him to Natsu. So here too, Luxus > Mistgun > Erza.
That just shows they're good at info gathering.

kkck
July 26, 2011, 10:38 AM
Fairy law is an spell which the manga has portrayed and being capable of indiscrimately defeating the enemy regardless of power. As we saw before, jose did in fact fight evenly with makarov prior to fairy law. Hades schooled makarov yet he found the need to counter makarov´s fairy law with his own. More so, even with the obvios difference in power he stated that using fairy law would result in the worst possible conclusion, the unilateral destruction of both guilds. Now, we have seen an equal to makarov being unilaterally defeated without so much as a chance to fight and makarov´s superior could only counter with the same measure, this IMO tells me that power levels are not really a factor here. If luxus uses fairy law then hades only option would be the same as before as luxus own would inequivoably trash him the same as makarov´s would.

ErosVp
July 26, 2011, 11:16 AM
So Fairy Law is an uber spell and we can't say Luxus is stronger based on that? If Erza or Natsu were really Luxus enemies they would lose but it woundn't mean anything? I think it is Luxus merit to have the power or knowledge to wield Fairy Law, but if it is so meanless Natsu and Erza should learn it. Maybe it is to learn, or maybe they can learn to defend against crazy powerful spells like master of Makarov and Hades caliber would!

Gildartz is another person who could have somehow stopped Luxus, because he is stronger than Luxus and wouldn't be whining saying using fairy law is cheap!

ca12nag3
July 26, 2011, 11:31 AM
Were just getting to the point that fairy law is no option, we see how fast Makarov casts, Hades is even faster. So when Laxus initiates fairy law, Hades counters it with grimoire law. End of story.

Then if comes down to raw fightingpower, and there is no indication that Laxus is going to own anybody with just power. He couldnt beat Natsu+Gajeel, you guys saying Gajeel is stronger then Wendy+Erza+Gray+Lucy? O_o So far everyone has grown in power and i dont see how Laxus has grown even more then the others have.

ErosVp
July 26, 2011, 12:02 PM
Ah, you came back to LuxusXHades!!! That wasn't what i was thinking, but it is perfectely fine to suppose Luxus gets trashed by Hades...

BUT I don't think that will happen simple like that because Mashima seems to be setting a victory for him, and we know the author can be irrational for us. And there must be a reason for Luxus to come back, i mean some importance. He didn't came back just to lose like everyone else right?

kkck
July 26, 2011, 12:10 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that casting fairy law requires insane amounts of skill, that is not the issue here. The thing is that based on what the manga has shown is that a power difference does not seem to matter when it comes to fairy law, the spell is just set to indiscriminately work that way, hence why makarov owned someone who was shown as his equal easily and why someone vastly superior to him had to counter with the same spell.

As for luxus being owned by natsu and gajeel, we have to consider a few things. For one thing luxus was quite literally out of his mind for whatever reason. By the time natsu took him out he was far from himself to say the least. Luxus had been involved in fights with mistgun and erza which should not be precisely a picknick. For the most part natsu and gajeel were on the defensive too and it took a fair bit of surprises for them to fight (such as gajeel saving natsu at the last second). There is also the bit that natsu´s magic was specially effective against laxus (the reverse is also true but laxus did take natsu´s most powerful technique while natsu did manage to somehow avoid laxus). Fairy law most likely consumes a fair bit of magic too. IMO laxus is more along the lines of gildarts and makarov than natsu and erza considering what little we have seen.

Ifrit
July 26, 2011, 12:17 PM
I think you guys just preparing your self for another disappointment.

How many of us thought Gildartz might lose to BLuenote ......and you saw what happen.

you should keep in mind that laxus actually might win.....put power of HADES a side....it's Mashima power that counts xDDD

kkck
July 26, 2011, 12:37 PM
Someone thought there was a sliver of a chance in hell of gildarts losing to bluenote? Thats funny lol.

ErosVp
July 26, 2011, 12:42 PM
What you guys think will happen to Luxus then? You say he won't beat Makarov, but why is he there? What is his purpose in the plot now? He has a clear intent to fight Hades, and we know he can get violent when people make fun of FT or call the guil weak... Is he going to fight alone or help his former comrades or what will happen to him?

As Ifrit said, Mashima likes to play with us! Wendy this disappearance and ErzaX Azuma can prove it!

GoE
July 26, 2011, 01:24 PM
I think Luxus will use Fairy Law on Hades (he's not in the guild but w/e...). Maybe Cana will give him Fairy Glitter and with this defeat Hades. And then Luxus will join the guild as Master (Makarov dies and Gildarts don't want that tittle).

Naruffy
July 26, 2011, 02:46 PM
I think Luxus will use Fairy Law on Hades (he's not in the guild but w/e...). Maybe Cana will give him Fairy Glitter and with this defeat Hades. And then Luxus will join the guild as Master (Makarov dies and Gildarts don't want that tittle).

Makarov already tried Fairy Law and it failed. I can't see Laxus becoming guild master just yet, it seems to soon/he may not of regained the trust of the entire guild just yet.

ca12nag3
July 26, 2011, 02:57 PM
Makarov already tried Fairy Law and it failed. I can't see Laxus becoming guild master just yet, it seems to soon/he may not of regained the trust of the entire guild just yet.

I agree Fairy law is no option and for what GoE said about Fairy Glitter...its kinda given to Cana and i dont think she got the manual for handing it over to others... Also its kinda tattooed on her arm? So how does it go off?...

Also why would someone want a magic that is unknown to him/her. It was Bluenote who was after Fairy Glitter but nobody else seems to know even about it. So you think Cana would just walk in and say hey Laxus here catch or something? Makes no sense.

ErosVp
July 26, 2011, 03:02 PM
Next chapter we will definitely know the path the fight will take. It doesn't look like team Natsu can continue fighting, either Luxus hold Hades long enough for Zeref to show or wins... But I think there must be a third option, Zeref arrives but don't want to fight Hades (or can't win) and propose he will go with Hades if FT is left alone.

kkck
July 26, 2011, 03:35 PM
Well, there is no reason for laxus to not be capable of using fairy law considering he is already fully capable of it. The only issue with that is that hades will counter with his own meaning all that fairy law can get him is a stalemate. Not very useful to say the least. IMO hades will be dealt with in one of two forms. Even with luxus it is unlikely the gang will be capable of winning, after all hades can use exceedingly powerful spells without having to prepare them which is what caused makarov the fight. In that regard, the most likely chance the gang has of winning is fairy glitter. It was given to cana but it was not ultimately used. I would think such an important spell deserves a proper use at least once considering this is the one time we will have a chance for mavis to entrust something to someone. The other option is that zeref decides to make a move and takes out hades himself. Perhaps once he fully awakes he will kill hades though.

ErosVp
July 26, 2011, 03:41 PM
I don't want Hades to be killed yet. He is a pretty good villain that could be reused in another arc....

ca12nag3
July 26, 2011, 04:45 PM
Well, there is no reason for laxus to not be capable of using fairy law considering he is already fully capable of it. The only issue with that is that hades will counter with his own meaning all that fairy law can get him is a stalemate. Not very useful to say the least. IMO hades will be dealt with in one of two forms. Even with luxus it is unlikely the gang will be capable of winning, after all hades can use exceedingly powerful spells without having to prepare them which is what caused makarov the fight. In that regard, the most likely chance the gang has of winning is fairy glitter. It was given to cana but it was not ultimately used. I would think such an important spell deserves a proper use at least once considering this is the one time we will have a chance for mavis to entrust something to someone. The other option is that zeref decides to make a move and takes out hades himself. Perhaps once he fully awakes he will kill hades though.

I understand most of your post but i dont follow you here. Do you mean to say Mavis entrusting someone else then Cana or that Cana will show up?

Thing is Mavis is @ the gravesite, or at least thats where you contact the spirit or w/e. So thats about it. Also it was part of the trial to reach that place.

I cant imagin anyone else then Cana to use Fairy Glitter. Specially since its given/granted to her by Mavis himself. Who are we the reader to say it should be handed over? Like some people say.

A good option would be for Cana to indeed show up and that they together defeat Hades, Cana+Laxus. The heirs to the 2 strongest mages. Both are kinda washed up anyways, Makarov and Gildarts.

I think Mashima is going to make Laxus grow in this arc, but not just his power also his personality. And 1 thing of that is to trust your guildies. Its a vital element Laxus never showed up till now. So for a round 1 with Hades he should not win and be close to being defeated. If then Cana showed up and fights together with him it would work ^^.
Btw i always depicted them 2 together due to their parents (Gildarts and Ivan) having some kinda grudge against eachother. Im just saying from a writer point of view this would work.

ShoobyDooBop
July 26, 2011, 08:03 PM
I assume all of us here knows that NGDS is inferior to OGDS, right? And how could a fake like him own two real DS? It's his own magical power plus the lacrima, that's why he's strong. The lacrima became an amplifier. Sure his body was frail, but what about his own magical power?

Mystogan clearly undererstimated Laxus. Spouting some big words he couldn't prove. I say Laxus is strong than Mystogan coz of magical power in their own body. Does Mystogan have that? No. Laxus just need to destroy his magic staves then finish him off. Mystogan even casted 2 strong spell just to hit him while Laxus just used the same magic to one shot that monkey(remember him? Zatou if I recall correcly)

About Erza. Well, some ppl just need to re-watch the FFA. Laxus was just playing around with them before he snapped.
Don't get me wrong though, I like Erza.

Kazu-Sama
July 26, 2011, 08:13 PM
I think Luxus using fairy law is a good idea, actually. Or at least, out-bluffing Hades. The only reason Makarov couldn't is because Hades would use Grimoire Law to defeat FT at the same time. But Luxus can just bluff, make Hades think he doesn't care about FT - which he may well not do, or at least a lot less than Makarov - so he can use it to Bluff Hades into threatening Grimoire law, set up a whole 'my guild for yours, if anyone from fairy tail dies from this they're too weak anyway' thing, Hades drops his, as he values his life too much, then Luxus punches him out. My idea, anyway. Personally, I'm still holding out for a Cana/Gil Glitter, but...

Ifrit
July 26, 2011, 11:54 PM
I think Luxus using fairy law is a good idea, actually. Or at least, out-bluffing Hades. The only reason Makarov couldn't is because Hades would use Grimoire Law to defeat FT at the same time. But Luxus can just bluff, make Hades think he doesn't care about FT - which he may well not do, or at least a lot less than Makarov - so he can use it to Bluff Hades into threatening Grimoire law, set up a whole 'my guild for yours, if anyone from fairy tail dies from this they're too weak anyway' thing, Hades drops his, as he values his life too much, then Luxus punches him out. My idea, anyway. Personally, I'm still holding out for a Cana/Gil Glitter, but...

Not sure about Cana I think it's too late now for her to do anything everything is close to finish LOL.
I think what Cana will get form this Arc is become the S-class bec in the end she was the one who reached the grave so I think they will vote for her to win. But she might tell them I don't deserve to be one.

it's still unknown tho Cana didn't do anything in this Arc really which is weird.

Same for Lucy who said she had no idea she's gonna be important in this ARc. I'm still wondering if what she meant is that she was the one to locate the Grave....and maybe it's because of her Wendy is still alive. But is that really the big role she gonna play I don't think so.

And for how long we been waiting for this boy that stare @ the sea.

3 days and we will find out about Luxus Vs HADES. And Mashima want luxus do something big. But Still I don't think he's gonna beat HADES ...u still got Natsu crying thing that didn't happen.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

I assume all of us here knows that NGDS is inferior to OGDS, right? And how could a fake like him own two real DS? It's his own magical power plus the lacrima, that's why he's strong. The lacrima became an amplifier. Sure his body was frail, but what about his own magical power?

Mystogan clearly undererstimated Laxus. Spouting some big words he couldn't prove. I say Laxus is strong than Mystogan coz of magical power in their own body. Does Mystogan have that? No. Laxus just need to destroy his magic staves then finish him off. Mystogan even casted 2 strong spell just to hit him while Laxus just used the same magic to one shot that monkey(remember him? Zatou if I recall correcly)

About Erza. Well, some ppl just need to re-watch the FFA. Laxus was just playing around with them before he snapped.
Don't get me wrong though, I like Erza.

Thank You Sir. This what I was trying to say. Laxus wasn't even @ 10 % when he fought Mystogan or Erza....And I really LIKE MYSTOGAN. But I don't see him beating Laxus. Mystogan was trying to fool Laxus in the end Luxus fooled him.

MechR
July 27, 2011, 12:44 AM
I assume all of us here knows that NGDS is inferior to OGDS, right?So far, the new-gen DS's we've seen have actually been stronger than old-genners, if anything. I'm sure the story will reveal old-gen advantages later, but right now we don't know what those are.

I think Luxus using fairy law is a good idea, actually. Or at least, out-bluffing Hades.Unfortunately I'm not sure that'd work, since Hades might actually be able to survive FL himself. Previously he was covering for his underlings, but now that he's the only one left, he has nothing to lose.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

I got the impression it was for dramatic effect that everyone fell asleep but Makarov...Well yeah, and part of the dramatic effect was "whoa, even Erza went to sleep! Guess that means he's even stronger than her!" (That might not be the case in a straight-up fight, but it's the impression the scene conveys.)

No, from what we've seen Laxus = Mistgun. We don't know how he'd fare against DS Laxus so we can't just infer he'd lose. And apparently, FL wouldn't work against.He was tying against Luxus up till the interruption, but he had fewer options remaining than Luxus did, as far as we know. And while FL might not work on him (assuming he can teleport far enough to escape), he doesn't have anything as impressive as FL in his own arsenal, that we know of. (Well, maybe he could put a whole town to sleep, but we never got to see. Personally, I blame Mashima for wasting him on Edoras without ever showing the full extent of his powers.)

Erza also didn't use any of her stronger armors and she fended him off just as equally. Again, FL wouldn't work and just because she looks up to a spell doesn't make her weaker than him. It's an EXTREMELY hax spell that I really wish had never been introduced to the manga.Again, even if she could survive FL herself (assuming one of her armors is up to the task), she doesn't have any attack of her own that's as hax as FL. (Sorry about how you feel about FL though. I think it's been handled pretty well, but YMMV.)

That just shows they're good at info gathering.I'm aware it's not a fighting-power comparison, but it does send a certain message to readers about who's got who by the balls.

ZERO PHOENIX
July 27, 2011, 11:04 AM
At the risk of "going there" ZERO PHOENIX is never wrong about anything. I recall saying a couple months ago that FT would be down for the count and Luxus would come and save the day. And look, here we are.

kkck
July 27, 2011, 04:21 PM
I understand most of your post but i dont follow you here. Do you mean to say Mavis entrusting someone else then Cana or that Cana will show up?

Thing is Mavis is @ the gravesite, or at least thats where you contact the spirit or w/e. So thats about it. Also it was part of the trial to reach that place.

I cant imagin anyone else then Cana to use Fairy Glitter. Specially since its given/granted to her by Mavis himself. Who are we the reader to say it should be handed over? Like some people say.

A good option would be for Cana to indeed show up and that they together defeat Hades, Cana+Laxus. The heirs to the 2 strongest mages. Both are kinda washed up anyways, Makarov and Gildarts.

I think Mashima is going to make Laxus grow in this arc, but not just his power also his personality. And 1 thing of that is to trust your guildies. Its a vital element Laxus never showed up till now. So for a round 1 with Hades he should not win and be close to being defeated. If then Cana showed up and fights together with him it would work ^^.
Btw i always depicted them 2 together due to their parents (Gildarts and Ivan) having some kinda grudge against eachother. Im just saying from a writer point of view this would work.

To be honest I don´t think mavis will entrust the spell to anyone else nor cana will be showing up with the spell. To me it is a matter of what happened with the spell after they attempted to use it. Either it found a place with those who were near gildarts at the moment (which are lucy, natsu, wendy, cana and gildarts) or whether it just kinda remained floating around and it will find its way towards the fairy tail members who need it.

White Silver King
July 27, 2011, 05:45 PM
With all this talk about Fairy Glitter, I can so imagine Mavis coming back in spirit form and using it on Hades...

Mavis: "The power of friendship and the love the members of Fairy Tail have for each other has allowed me to materialize on this plane temporarily, KYA! YAYZ 4 PHRUNDS!!"

Mavis: "Fairy Glitter!!!"

Hades: *Even though I was the student of Mavis and former Master of Fairy Tail, have super strong magic and mega-fast reflexes I'm just gonna stand here with my mouth open and let this attack him me head-on*

FT: :hi5:hug

:fail

ca12nag3
July 27, 2011, 07:35 PM
To be honest I don´t think mavis will entrust the spell to anyone else nor cana will be showing up with the spell. To me it is a matter of what happened with the spell after they attempted to use it. Either it found a place with those who were near gildarts at the moment (which are lucy, natsu, wendy, cana and gildarts) or whether it just kinda remained floating around and it will find its way towards the fairy tail members who need it.

Thats just wild imagination, so when natsu sprays out fire his fire abilities leave? Or when Laxus fires thunderbolts he can no longer use thunder? Another thing is the tattoo marking tht symbolizes FG is on Cana and Cana alone. People should just stop questioning if she should have it or not cause thats where its going.
So if FG plays any role as a spell in this arc it is Cana that uses it and nobody else. Also shes the daughter of Gildarts, so for being a heir of some kind she has as much to be a heir of as does Laxus. Its even been amplified this arc that Cana wants to prove her worth as a mage to her father.
So there is no reason to first give her this magic and then take it away.
Im gonna bet on it that her role in this arc isnt done yet.