PDA

View Full Version : Archived Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce!

shinwei
February 19, 2006, 08:20 PM
Are really good. However, I haven't found which brand I like the best. I'm eating Crown Prince brand right now, anyone else have a favorite brand?

Galth
February 20, 2006, 12:01 AM
Congratulations, you've won the price for the most unlikely to be posted thread of the year! ... i havn't had the pleasure of digesting them yet, by the way...

hatakescarecrow
February 20, 2006, 07:09 AM
Wow i nvr knew people would think this is even worth creating a thread for.
But then again u have guts. :tem

Gold Knight
February 20, 2006, 12:33 PM
I don't like fish much. =(

Anbu
February 20, 2006, 01:01 PM
Ayam Brand :p

http://www.ayam.com.my/product.htm

Leen
February 22, 2006, 02:43 PM
Not a fan of tomato sauce. I am not so picky when it comes to fish but no to veggies. :D

clarity142
February 22, 2006, 03:19 PM
i got two favorite brands but i prefer not to mention 'em coz i think you can only find them in only one place. i kinda miss eating those though *feeling hungry*....the old days..

Predator
February 28, 2006, 06:29 PM
i got two favorite brands but i prefer not to mention 'em coz i think you can only find them in only one place. i kinda miss eating those though *feeling hungry*....the old days..

Well say where it is? I'll guess it's the Baltic regions as there are tons of brands produced here.

Personally I like Canned Shprots in oil better.

Anax
March 08, 2006, 07:22 AM
This thread... it opened my eyes! I have been eating canned sardines for all my life (before I moved to Kavala anyway), but I never noticed the brand!! I actually love canned sardines, especially with my mom's bean soup, her lentil soup and my dad's Mashed Potates & OnionsĀ®

:eyeroll still I don't love them enough to bother cooking any of those dishes myself :eyeroll

Gold Knight
March 09, 2006, 12:57 AM
This thread... it opened my eyes!

Praise the Lord!

Couldn't help myself.

enzomars
March 15, 2006, 07:53 PM
Well say where it is? I'll guess it's the Baltic regions as there are tons of brands produced here.

Personally I like Canned Shprots in oil better.

Szprotki !!!!

I Don't like those, skinny tinny fish with more bones than anything else.

Pilchard in tomato sauce .... that's somethin good :-)

Miso
March 15, 2006, 08:17 PM
I don't like canned sardines much.

If it has to be fish then "fast food fish" like fish fingers or breaded coalfish. :tem

Predator
March 15, 2006, 09:06 PM
Szprotki !!!!

By the way you pronounce them, you sound central, like .cz or .pl, or .slo.
Of course, some fish fillet is way tastier, but they taste mostly the same (the TLC paradox).
Anyway, I dislike fish most of time. Shprots are good with milk noodle soup and whitebread only.

okyatoks
March 22, 2006, 03:46 PM
This is really a funny thread! But really shows the varied cultures of each country.

Very Fascinating! Indeed.... :p

(maybe this site can contribute to world peace) :p

...but then again there a lot of bashers here as well!!! :guns

Still I love you all!!! :hearts

MORE POWER TO MANGAHELPERS!!! :jir_thumb

Tamerlane
March 23, 2006, 04:04 PM
Wow this topic really caught my eye. @_@

I can not say that I have ever eaten a sardine, although I know some people that like them on pizza.

:amuse

shinwei
March 25, 2006, 04:21 AM
There's some really good fish you can get at Korean supermarkets. When you fry them they taste amazing~
I think they're called ongchi or something and go with kimchi in the beginning of a meal. However if you don't cook them right they just taste like plastic, but very good plastic.

I also love eel. Eel is really damn good when its fried and then chopped up into these flat square shaped pieces. Eel are really flat and I use my teeth to pull off the bones on the top and bottom, and then the only bones that are left is the spine! Here's what they look like:

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | - top row of bones

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| - spine with bones protruding up and down

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | - bottom row of bones

The meat is on both sides of the spine, so the meat would be protruding both out of the page and into the page. It's SO DELICIOUS and I want to eat some right now. But, as you can see if you don't carefully remove the bones you will get hurt, so I remove the top row and bottom row with my teeth, then I can easily remove the meat with my chopsticks without fear of fishbones causing my mouth any pain! Eel rocks.

Tamerlane
March 25, 2006, 07:21 PM
I dont think that I have ever seen an eel before. :amuse
Is it something that you normally eat all the time? Or is it something that is reserved for special occasions?

::looks more closly at his diagram::

So there are three layers of bones in a eel? I guess I was always under the impression that there was only one set that contained the spinal column and that was it.

Predator
March 25, 2006, 07:27 PM
I dont think that I have ever seen an eel before. :amuse
Is it something that you normally eat all the time? Or is it something that is reserved for special occasions?

::looks more closly at his diagram::

So there are three layers of bones in a eel? I guess I was always under the impression that there was only one set that contained the spinal column and that was it.

Eels are eaten rarely, but are considered delicious by some people. Personally I don't like them, because of their looks in a cooked state and fishbones. Those things aren't even real fishes. They're bloodsuckers. Roundmouth class, if we speak in biological terms.

BTW, we're drifting off the topic, so let's end this. :smile-big

Anax
March 25, 2006, 08:18 PM
We are not off topic as long as we maintain a somewhat sardine based theme :noworry

So... what's the relation between eels and sardines? They are both animals that live in the water for one. They can also both be quite tasty too...

In Greece canned sardines are very popular though eel is not. Stil, people in the old times used to eat eels more often. They also put them in their wells to clean the water, though I'm unsure how the eels did that... Anyway, I've never eaten an eel, however I'd sure love to try some because I'm really curious to see what it tastes like :D (And because of this topic, to compare it to sardines :shifty )

Have a nice meal everyone :grin

okyatoks
March 26, 2006, 02:50 AM
In our place, eels are very common... just go to the wet market. A lot can be done with it, you could fry/broil them, roast them, dry them or even turn it to soup.

shinwei
March 26, 2006, 07:56 PM
Yea eels are eaten very commonly. I eat them all the time at home. Yes eels have three layers of bone, but I wouldn't call them layers because they're not really on top of each other. They're more... interlocking since fishbones are spikes. Eel spikes are very straight since they are very flat.

okyatoks
December 14, 2006, 11:10 AM
"Whatever happened to this sardines thread?" :D

here's from the Philippines...

http://www.dipolognon.com/zamboanga/Family's%20Brand%20Spanish%20Sardines_small.JPG
http://www.dipolognon.com/zamboanga/Family's%20Brand%20Regular%20Pack%20Tomato_small.JPG
http://www.dipolognon.com/zamboanga/Family's%20Brand%20Regular%20Pack%20Chili%20Tomato.JPG
http://www.dipolognon.com/zamboanga/Family's%20Brand%20Premium%20Quality%20Tomato.JPG
http://www.dipolognon.com/zamboanga/Family's%20Brand%20Premium%20Quality%20Mackarel.JPG
http://www.dipolognon.com/zamboanga/Family's%20Brand%20Premium%20Pack%20Barbecue.JPG
http://www.dipolognon.com/zamboanga/Family's%20Brand%20Bonus%20Pack%20Tomato.JPG
http://www.dipolognon.com/zamboanga/Family's%20Brand%20Bonus%20Pack%20Chili%20Tomato_small.JPG[br]Posted on: December 15, 2006, 01:08:28 AM_________________________________________________
how about this one? :D

www.theactorsgang.com/archives/sardines.htm (http://www.theactorsgang.com/archives/sardines.htm)

http://www.theactorsgang.com/archives/images/sardines.jpg

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 14, 2006, 11:38 AM
Ooo sardines. the food of the gods (sardine gods, that is). I like to eat almost all kinds of food, including canned sardines in tomato sauce. I dont really care for the brand, as long as it's not past the expiry date. I usually add tomato, garlic, chalot, chilli when i'm cooking canned sardines. My favourite sardine dish is the usual sardine, tomato, garlic, chalot, chilli and cook them for about 5 minutes. then i blend them using the food processors and mix them with eggs and fry the eggs. haven't found anyone willing to try that dish besides myself. i just think it's funny, that's why i keep making them.

@Anbu: we got Ayam brand too in my country.

Dragonzair
December 15, 2006, 10:50 AM
Kuya Okya!! Those are my most favourite ones. <333

:drool They're quite good with any type of rice <33 Sometimes my mom snacks on it with bread. XD It's yummy too. :tem

Xophien
December 15, 2006, 02:09 PM
Seriously, you shouldn't eat canned sardines in tomato sauce. That's, like, an insult for all the tomatoes that were ever cultivated. And you should eat fresh fish, not canned one, it's way better for your health. And Sardine sushi aren't that good... Eel sushi though are quite great, but the best is still Red Tuna sushi. But canned sardines ? Argh :darn

ibra87
December 15, 2006, 04:03 PM
I don't like fish much. =(
Me too. But sardines are just.... not fish.

Pevee
December 16, 2006, 11:11 PM
I just have to post a comment here.
This is the most random thread i've ever seen, seriously, in my entire forum life.

Wow this topic really caught my eye. @_@

I can not say that I have ever eaten a sardine, although I know some people that like them on pizza.

:amuse

ewww.....people just like weird stuff sometimes, it like how Americans like peanut butter and jelly. .. ewww

sardine in tomato sauce, that's always good. it's the kinda thing that save your life on a saturday when everyone's out and you're home alone without any mean of transportation. It's like all the Christmases come at the same time when you find that magical can in the darkest corner of your cabinet...

shinwei
December 16, 2006, 11:51 PM
Peanut butter and Jelly!! EWWWWWWWWWWW!! xD

Dragonzair
December 17, 2006, 04:57 AM
LMAO

That's true. It usually depends on where you live, I guess. XD But I like peanut buter and jelly due to my Egyptian best friend's love for them (probably got it from her siblings living in the States), or maybe because people here eat them anywho. XD

Sardines in a can is considered one of the snacks back home in the Philippines as well, so my family has them. Which is why I've grown accustomed to it.

Annnd. XD Arabs eat their arabic rice with yoghurt. XD I've gotten used to that as well. :p It's quite good. XD

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 17, 2006, 06:27 AM
I've been eating sardines since i was a kid. usually when my mom's too busy or too tired to cook after getting home from work. When i was in college, i rented a room near campus. so sardines and instant noodle is my staple food. :D

LMAO

That's true. It usually depends on where you live, I guess. XD But I like peanut buter and jelly due to my Egyptian best friend's love for them (probably got it from her siblings living in the States), or maybe because people here eat them anywho. XD

Sardines in a can is considered one of the snacks back home in the Philippines as well, so my family has them. Which is why I've grown accustomed to it.

Annnd. XD Arabs eat their arabic rice with yoghurt. XD I've gotten used to that as well. :p It's quite good. XD
I like peanut butter, but never tried peanut butter & jelly. I ate rice with yoghurt at a party. a friend of mine is an arabic descendant, so i ate them when they was having a family gathering which i was invited too.

Pevee
December 17, 2006, 12:51 PM
I've been eating sardines since i was a kid. usually when my mom's too busy or too tired to cook after getting home from work. When i was in college, i rented a room near campus. so sardines and instant noodle is my staple food. :D
I like peanut butter, but never tried peanut butter & jelly. I ate rice with yoghurt at a party. a friend of mine is an arabic descendant, so i ate them when they was having a family gathering which i was invited too.

I think I can count the number of times I have canned sardine in my whole life so far. We either cook or go out (either to restaurants or some other people's houses :p). Plus, my dad is a doctor so I've never really get to have all those canned/instant food much. I wasn't even allowed drinking soda back then. I still don't drink anything besides water. But I guess I wouldn't have a choice when I go to college.

Peanut butter and jelly, I've never tried it, but it sounds weird enough not to. It's just the American culture here, I guess. Americans.. weird....

This is the first time I've heard eating yogurt with rice. I've heard and seen my grandma (who was in Thailand) having fruits like watermelons with rice. Wouldn't yogurt mixed with rice be kinda sticky,messy??

ibra87
December 17, 2006, 01:31 PM
Well, as far as I know DZ and Ichi were talking about a certain type of yogurt. Not just any :p

Otherwise that would be too weird.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 17, 2006, 01:53 PM
Actually, the yoghurt is just plain yoghurt. The rice is seasoned with some spices and then mixed with water, broth and yoghurt. I thought the taste was gonna be weird, it turned out that i like it. but then again, i like most food :D

By the way, i had canned sardines today for lunch. all the talks here made me crave for it. :D

jairdan6
December 18, 2006, 07:26 PM
does anyone here like to eat bananas with all foods? you know, throw a few in with your sardines and tomatoes. maybe eat one while simultaneously eating curry and yogurt. i just like bananas.

Lohnt
December 19, 2006, 12:29 PM
I like to eat bananas with pizza.. I know it sounds weird, but for some reason bananas and tomato sauce taste kind of good..
Never liked Peanut Butter.

I've always preferred anchovies to sardines, I'm not sure why, they both taste relatively the same as far as I remember.
I first tried eel three years ago at a sushi bar, and I have to admit, (including anime/manga) it's the greatest thing to come out of Japan. Eel sushi is so addictive, I don't think I'll ever get tired of it, but just in case I only eat sushi at most once a week.

DemonDays
December 19, 2006, 01:46 PM
Carrots in coke. :drool
You should try it, just dip some carrots in some coke and your away.

jairdan6
December 19, 2006, 03:19 PM
wait... i'm assuming this is coca cola. -_-'

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 19, 2006, 03:44 PM
wait... i'm assuming this is coca cola. -_-'
I'm sure DemonDays was talking about coca cola or other carbonated drinks. but the

and your away.
does raised my eyebrows. :D