PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Gantz 344 Discussion/345 Prediction Thread

GAT-X252
July 20, 2011, 04:40 AM
Chapter is out, you can get it here (http://www.filesonic.com/file/1487526061/Gantz_344.zip).

Shamy
July 20, 2011, 04:50 AM
Gantz 344 raw scan at MangaHead: http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/Gantz/Gantz-344-Raw-Scan
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5606/85236512.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8676/69775076.jpg
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1859/38482539.jpg

Damura
July 20, 2011, 05:47 AM
holy shit some sort of massive spider with a giant, spiky testicle.

Tae is in trouble. Oku's really pushing the limits here.. This is about as extreme as you can get. If she gets out of this one alive she can survive anything.

Have to wait for a translation to figure out what the hell Kei1 is up to. Somehow alien science appears to have solved all his problems...

GAT-X252
July 20, 2011, 07:20 AM
Fra (the giant) has a program (it's used to search missing pets) that can make tridimensional images from people's minds.

She just "scanned" Tae's image from Kurono's head and now she is going to search for her.

Magnus
July 20, 2011, 08:45 AM
Good luck dealing with this situation without hurting the naked folks, Japan Team.

And I lol'd at Takeshi saying to Nishi "you're a good person" and Nishi answering "Don't f*** with me or I'm gonna kill you !" :D

102jayday
July 20, 2011, 10:26 AM
^ Lol so in other words Nishi Said "Your welcome" XD His threats are so weak and emo these days lol.
Wow looking at that picture with the aliens dropping, not a single human is dead. The team are all pissing themselves except for spiky white hair dude. Oku really man another chapter wasted on Tae..8 pages which could of been 3 but I guess he needed to fill the chapter up and end of a cliff hanger but serious Tae is prob going to be saved again or something. Someone is going to do a BOOM HEADSHOT on that alien but still she should be hurt from the fall unless she falls on his/her leg. But this looks like the only time she is going to die beside the bug on her back that time.

Damura
July 20, 2011, 11:16 AM
^

Quite a bit was devoted to Tae but getting a glimpse at the other groups was all we needed at this point. Anyone think the soldiers can pull off a miraculous rescue at this point? They've got about half a second to stop Tae's head from being squashed.

It may be the case that Kei tracks the body only to be moments too late... the price he paid for saving those civilians?

If that's what Nishi said he's way overthetop with his remarks. He looks like he's going somewhere? Wonder if he has a plan. It's possible that there are other Gantz balls in Tokyo. We've briefly seen another team, so perhaps he knows about them? I still want to know whether Nishi has any weapons atm.

That building is swarming with strange aliens... I'm convinced that the 'human' ones are controlled by some sort of fungus now! Looks like it's down to Nerdo and Anzu. The others are separated by a HUGE mutant thing. One of it's facial expressions made it look like it was in pain or something to me. Oddly it didn't seem as though the civilians/Osakans are even aware of it atm. Think they would have commented on the noise.

Airget
July 20, 2011, 02:37 PM
The cliffhanger does seem kind of pointless, she's been on so much "danger" that it's like crying wolf now. Anyone could see this scene and think, ya nothing is gonna happen she'll somehow live, like the aliens arm falls off for some reason and then she gains the ability to fly.

lol maybe Cherry will save her and die from reaching his limit. Not sure how big the facility is but the fact that out of all the plots Cherry wasn't shown he'll prolly play the savior. The only thing that would really make that cliffhanger interesting though is if she actually died or maybe her leg gets ripped off. Granted it does sound mean and gruesome it's just getting out of hand to keep putting her in danger only to be miraculously saved unscathed. On the plus she does have a wound on her leg now so that's something lol.

But ya my bet is on Cherry saving her all of a sudden their head's explode Tae falls and Cherry uses his powers to levitate her from falling to her death. After that he could either continue on his mission or clear his head and consider Kurono's feelings of how it must feel to have a loved one missing and consider that he doesn't want him to go through the same pain as him and help Tae out(most likely getting killed in the process lol).

The swarm the other kurono and group are with though got me thinking that maybe it's not mind control but artificially created humans for food purposes. Judging from the machines and such and lack of really caring whether a human is fat or not it seems we give them a good supply of bone marrow or something cause it's definitely not from the meat. It seems like they eat us like beef jerky making use of whatever is on us even to the point where they eat us raw.

It's possible the artificial ones don't provide the same nutrients so they are instead used as disposable fighters to subdue any escaping humans. Granted overall if we are a means of food to them you would think they would try harder to force us into working like cows in terms of forcing pregnancies and raising "cattle" when young but with just enough knowledge to survive.

Hm, it is odd when you think about it there true motive is kind of unclear, we think they want to take over the planet since perhaps their planet was destroyed, we've seen that they are basically cutting the blood out of us such as with cattle when they are slain and drained of their blood so the meat does not go bad and is easier to keep pure. Then we have a scene where Gantz is depicted as the enemy and the aliens want to make peace with the world. The latter is the absolute lie which many should see since the aliens have alerady shown brute force and forced humans onto their ship to be treated like cows.

While it wound sound goofy if the whole reason behind this was because humans are good eating, it would at least be more unique then just wanting to take over the planet lol. So August 4th til next chapter I think? Hopefully it does continue with Tae just so we can see what happens there, it's hard to say which plot point they should put more focus on they all have their interesting points though if I had to choose I would go with Nishi and Takeshi just cause that whole plot point is a mystery to me. Right now out of everyone they are completly in the dark, at least Tae has the objective of staying alive, Kurono finding Tae, Cherry slaughtering all the aliens, and other kurono's team trying to get out of the mess they are in since they have a conflict going on with them.

What I find interesting about Nish/Takeshi is we've seen the limit of the Gantz suit in Takeshi and there are no signs that he'll actually be able to regenerate the suit since I think the only way it recharges in with each "game". Nishi still has some power with him however his odd sense of valor has left them without a weapon to defend themselves with. Overall I would get Nishi is in a desperate attempt to find a Gantz ball that he can make use of, perhaps he is trying to recall where those soldiers taht called upon them once are stationed at and plan to ally himself with them to at least obtain some weapons to use in the fight. Another two weeks though, it's to bad there aren't more pages per chatper it be nice to see more of the story progressing since there is so much to cover now.

TheMannam
July 20, 2011, 03:10 PM
Yeah, Tae isn't in any trouble.

If she were to die just a couple seconds after where we left off, we would've seen it. Instead we got another pointless cliffhanger of Tae about to die, and we know it ain't gonna happen. If she's ever going to die, it's going to be when Kei's close enough to witness it.

Anzu and Nerdo? They look seriously fucked.

M-Hario
July 20, 2011, 04:44 PM
Scan is out guys, enjoy it.

Thanks to mote for the translation!

http://mangatopia.net/manga/gantz-en/chapter/344/

See you in next chapter :D

TheMannam
July 20, 2011, 07:10 PM
It's leaving?

That's... kind of disappointing...
Ah, well.

Looks like everyone's going to live once again.

Rye
July 20, 2011, 08:17 PM
I wonder will a deus ex machina appear to save Tae. I can see cherry saving her. Happened to walk by.

gameboy234
July 20, 2011, 09:27 PM
I'm amused by the 'Her chance for a miracle are quickly running out..
I guess it be her last miracle.

halfcrzy
July 20, 2011, 09:29 PM
Seriously? I lucked out and saw a new chapter, but this is ridiculous. Gantz is falling huge in my reading priority. 2 weeks of waiting so i can watch tae for 17pg and 1pg of plot. Im so tired of this.. Its been like 20 chapters of tae running. 20 chapters X 2weeks per chapter + the time he skipped chapters and you almost have a useless year. Warcraft lost a few million fans for not entertaining for a few months. Oku needs a slap. Wake up, get moving on plot or characters we actually like. Willing to pray to buhdda, jesus or steve irwin.

SK-Hao
July 20, 2011, 09:58 PM
Seriously? I lucked out and saw a new chapter, but this is ridiculous. Gantz is falling huge in my reading priority. 2 weeks of waiting so i can watch tae for 17pg and 1pg of plot. Im so tired of this.. Its been like 20 chapters of tae running. 20 chapters X 2weeks per chapter + the time he skipped chapters and you almost have a useless year. Warcraft lost a few million fans for not entertaining for a few months. Oku needs a slap. Wake up, get moving on plot or characters we actually like. Willing to pray to buhdda, jesus or steve irwin.

"Her chances for a miracle are quickly running out." NOT QUICK ENOUGH. Her head is a split second away from being ripped off. Either Oku saves her 1 more time or she dies either way this looks hopeful that tae will occupy fewer chapters in the future.

One Gantzer said they may be in hell but since they are still inside the ship my best guess is thet they are in some sort of secure space for dangerous captured aliens. Giants can just teleport enemies there and let them duke it out, while sitting back and watching the fight. Remind you of anything?

Lastly, that alien technology to read a brain is so cool, their technology really is way above ours.

Forever Rain
July 20, 2011, 10:03 PM
That would be HILARIOUSLY anticlimatic if Tae just died next chapter. I would pee myself laughing so hard. Anzu has a cute butt! ...Well thats everything I took away from this chapter.

Charlie
July 20, 2011, 10:17 PM
Her safety for the next chapter is guaranteed already.

The guys that are about to pop off Tae's head will most likely stop as they get a call from

the alien chic, who just sent out a Tae alert, searching for a missing pet.

It would be nice to if Cherry randomly walked in there and killed them all.

I also think think that Kei 2 and his group must be close by as well.

halfcrzy
July 20, 2011, 10:28 PM
You guys missed the more obvious choice, tae dieing from heart failure. Her running all day when she is a lazy ass mixed with threats of death. It would be the most anticlimatic and well recieved chapter in this arc. God i can see it now, heart attack and being made into soup. Fanfic sounds better than the real deal

Forever Rain
July 20, 2011, 10:33 PM
It's also good to note how stupid those people with Nerdo is. They just wandered into a room with freaky aliens and just stand around staring at different things. Atleast that chubby kid had enough since to scream. Anzu all like, "...um..guys, lets leave and go to the previous place we were at." UM...NO SHIT!! But of course they don't, they just stare. The fact that they're idiots is something we learned a long time ago though.

Damura
July 21, 2011, 12:05 AM
I wouldn't be too worried about not having a weapon during Katastrophe.. the suit alone is sufficient for survival. If things get hectic you can always run the fuck out of there. I'm surprised Nishi hasn't ditched Takeshi. Would be easy, considering.

I wonder if Tae will survive... The only options at this point that I can see is that someone shows up to save her, or perhaps on of the survivors in that group is a psychic or something? It would be disappointing if she did survive... it kind of sucks that Oku has put her in this position. Anyone would say she's dead no matter what now... which will kind of suck for any Tae fans, but if he lets her live then that severely hurts Oku's credibility. Will be hard to take 'danger' seriously if she survives this.

A_N_G_E_L
July 21, 2011, 12:08 AM
Please dear Aliens, please kill Tae!!! I also hope to see someone from the current team gets killed! So many Aliens, there need to be a big fight with some deaths!

Liked the Nishi and Takeshi part a lot!=) I hope to see more!!!<3

And I'm 1000000000000% sure that Tae will survive!!!

ownage404
July 21, 2011, 01:01 AM
I think that part about her chances for a miracle quickly running out means that she is gonna get saved somehow from these 1 more time. Because Tae can't die until Kei 1 or Kei 2 or somebody there to witness it imo. She might survive this death, walk around for a bit but die soon off of too much stress and collapse and Kei will just be a second too late.

I want some more battle scenes right now. Tae is pissing me off i can't believe that some people actually like her. No offence but this manga would be much much more satisfying without her in Katashrophe. Unless Oku has some kind of plan for Tae, which I would really want to see soon..

102jayday
July 21, 2011, 01:26 AM
Yeah Anzu had the booty shot like Reika did in the Osaka mission.

If Sakurai was passing by then Tae would die..He would just see giants then explode all minds in the area then after they are all dead he would noticed a dead Tae on ground.

I think they will stop and try to be perverted to her...or that woman that gave her coat to Tae will do something to make them stop.

Mikihara
July 21, 2011, 03:56 AM
The only thing I like about this chapter is the fact Tae (finally) got caught . The fact that how everytime others around her die and she could miraculously escape is starting to bug me :facepalm
And amazing how that kid could change from judo-ing Nishi to "You're a good guy! I know it!!" :blink
Other than that, the starting of this chapter seemed as if Oku's trying to buy time...he's wasting a lot of panels

Damura
July 21, 2011, 05:00 AM
I think that part about her chances for a miracle quickly running out means that she is gonna get saved somehow from these 1 more time. Because Tae can't die until Kei 1 or Kei 2 or somebody there to witness it imo. She might survive this death, walk around for a bit but die soon off of too much stress and collapse and Kei will just be a second too late.

I want some more battle scenes right now. Tae is pissing me off i can't believe that some people actually like her. No offence but this manga would be much much more satisfying without her in Katashrophe. Unless Oku has some kind of plan for Tae, which I would really want to see soon..

I disagree that Katastrophe would be better without her. Kei1's struggle to find her has been pretty good so far.

I think that Tae could actually die at this point. Kei's at the point where he can track her down dead or alive.

Xqtr.
July 21, 2011, 06:23 AM
I wouldn't be too worried about not having a weapon during Katastrophe.. the suit alone is sufficient for survival. If things get hectic you can always run the fuck out of there. I'm surprised Nishi hasn't ditched Takeshi. Would be easy, considering.

I guess Nishi feels somewhat responsible for Takeshi, since he has been resurrected by Kaze... even if this situation, where both of them were in the Gantz room alone, has occured more or less by coincidence.

If Sakurai was passing by then Tae would die..He would just see giants then explode all minds in the area then after they are all dead he would noticed a dead Tae on ground.

I don't think he just blows off all the minds without noticing... there's a huge difference between the heads of the giants and humans...

But I also guess the giants toying with Tae will receive a message from the alien woman telling them that's her pet being missed... at least I can't see Tae dying here after all these moments of surviving >_>

and yeah, kind of sad that we don't see the Gantzers fighting against this huge statue (or at least some other alien!) - Tae running around isn't this much Gantz-action we're used to enjoy ;(

jorped
July 21, 2011, 06:50 AM
It was a nice chapter, and maybe Tae is not going to survive any more. I don't really have any prediction for the next chapter, but if i had to guess, i think that Tae is going to survive once again. I wish the author pace was a bit faster at some points :oh

RDN-567
July 21, 2011, 07:09 AM
Tae will survive for sure:/
Anzu has nice ass indeed, I've noticed it too..:D

And the perspectives sometimes are really f*cked up as is see. (on pg22 bearded giant is in a silly position, and Takeshi is as big as a wagon?)

If i were Nishi, i would get back to the blown up appartment, maybe some X-rifles survived the detonation..

Shenduk
July 21, 2011, 08:44 AM
And Nishi asking for a new weapon after Italy mission was stupid as I thought. Plenty of Z-guns were here and there and he lost the two he had.

Could have revived Izumi, which death was totally retarded.

Anyways, nice chapter, even though I expect Tae to survive (again) next chapter. Osaka duo part was cool except for the fat girl screaming, made me rage. Good to see Nishi and Takeshi, and now the Tokio team know the place they're in is serious business.

Wasted frames apart, waiting for next chapter of two weeks from now on. -_-

Billy Heyward
July 21, 2011, 10:47 AM
I agree that there's way too much focus/panel space wasted on Tae and it really is dragging on. But I really like the idea of Kurono doing whatever it takes to be with Tae and his immense motivation to succeed. My predictions though are that Tae will survive this encounter (for the 50th time within this arc), it's very blatant. There's a number of ways as to how she'll survive though, I can see Sakurai murdering the giants as we haven't seen him in a while. Though the last time we saw him he was in a place where the Giants lived, like a shopping area or a park. Whilst Tae is in an industrial area of the ship. As such it'll be most likely that Fra and Kurono will interrupt the Giants capturing Tae by mere milliseconds. Though it would be really badass if Sakurai showed up.

As for the Gantzer, Nerdo, Yamasaki and the people; who bloody knows what's going to happen there? I can see all of those people getting slaughtered whilst Nerdo and Yamasaki haul ass against those aliens, ...or 'humans'... or what on Earth they are. As for the Gantzers, they'll probably have to fight that big mutant thing or they run away where they'd bump into Nerdo and Yamasaki. Personally, I can really see clone Kurono getting killed soon but I don't even know why. I guess it's because I hated Reika for 'reviving' Kurono.

Nishi by far is my favourite character and always has been. I like what Oku is doing by putting Nishi and Takeshi in a situation together. Like when the apartment exploded but everyone just knew that Nishi would save Takeshi. In a joking way he had to safe Takeshi, unless he wanted to get his ass kicked by Kaze. It's obvious at the moment that Nishi is freaking out big time and I didn't think of the possibility that he's looking for a new Gantz ball. He's blatantly weak without a weapon, though he did kick some big bug ass back before the apartment blow up.

Overall, every plot line at the moment is going to come together quite soon. Though Oku needs speed it up, big time!

Charlie
July 21, 2011, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the Gantz fourm and mh, Billy Heyward. It's great to have another fan join aboard!

Well, we can safely say that the plot that surrounds how Tae will survive each encounter or each chapter has become its own sub plot. :Haha

Next week, how will Tae survive another close encounter? Fuck the main cast. :iik

Shion Izumi
July 21, 2011, 11:21 AM
Yeah Nishi loosing his weapons was a waste of 100 points. Izumi could have been back to restored balance to the team.

Billy Heyward
July 21, 2011, 11:31 AM
Aha, thank you for your welcome :D I have been reading through these forums for two months now once a chapter was released. But now I thought I'd jump into the discussing fun.

Aye, at the moment this arc shouldn't be called Katastrophe/Phase 3. It should be called What Will Tae Survive Next!?

At the moment though, I really liked how Oku has split the team/plot apart into five sub plots and I can't wait to see how they'll come together. One thing I want to add is that I think the Gantzer/clone Kurono's group will encounter Tae, which will create drama between clone Kurono, Reika and Tae. Then maybe Tae will probably find out that there's two Kurono's. If I was her a while back I would be wondering what the hell is going on with Kei, considering the suits and guns. Wasn't she a little bit curious?

TheMannam
July 21, 2011, 11:45 AM
I'm calling either Nerdo or Anzu gon' be dying soon.
Probably Nerdo, just because Anzu is the only person I want to die right now.

playerdude
July 21, 2011, 01:05 PM
i don't see why people think Nishi would be scared of Kaze. as i've said before, people are underestimating Nishi. the way i see it, Nishi couldn't care less if he angered Kaze or not. remember, unlike Kaze and the other Gantzers, Nishi is the only one with a brain and by far the most experienced Gantzer there.
also, i'm disappointed that Nishi didn't try to hack Gantz himself. the most knowledgeable about Gantz in the Tokyo division isn't hacking Gantz, perhaps while the sphere remained intact, its functions got completely shot in the explosion making it unusable. who knows, but if Oku is planning to have anyone from the Tokyo group to hack Gantz, Nishi is the most logical choice.
also, if Tokyo's Gantz sphere were completely shot and unusable, then that completely eliminates any possibility of reviving anyone from past missions. unless they can somehow access Tokyo's Gantz's memory from another sphere, everyone who have died in Tokyo's sphere is gone forever.

Damura
July 21, 2011, 08:16 PM
^

Nishi possibly has some stuff back at the apartment. He wasn't carrying any weapons on him apart from the H-guns. His clothing doesn't allow for it.

EDIT: I meant Nishi's apartment (assuming he lives in one, which I didn't even think about), not the gantz apartment.

York
July 21, 2011, 11:29 PM
So the Mega-Giant just left? Where would it have to go? lol
Still can't tell if these new aliens are hostile; it looks that way, but no one's actually been hurt yet. And I kind of hope those SDF guys weren't killed offscreen. It was interesting seeing non-gantzers actually try to help people survive.
-
Don't know about Tae. Wounded pretty roughly, but I agree it'd be pretty anti-climactic moment for her to die right now. Heh, then again I'm one of the few here who's actually wanted her to live. At least Kei1 actually has a heading, as long as Fra's friend doesn't try anything.

Charlie
July 21, 2011, 11:32 PM
Can someone translate what the alien said to Freya in that panel where Kei is in the room with her?

GAT-X252
July 22, 2011, 01:41 AM
Fra...what are you doing?

Damura
July 22, 2011, 03:24 AM
^

Oh shit, it's mom. :bored

Billy Heyward
July 22, 2011, 05:42 AM
Heck, I'm one of the only people who also wants to see Tae live. Her and Kei have been through too much.

Also, about these weirdo aliens/bugs/Mega-Giant, I like the idea that the Gantzer are in some sort of isolated space where all sorts of creatures run wild. Why else would that Mega-Giant-Mutant thing be there?

Damura
July 22, 2011, 06:21 AM
^

I don't know if it's that people hate Tae, but Oku's toying with the audience, dangling her in front of all these impossible situations only for her to inevitably find a way out. It's annoying! At least let some of the side characters live. Tae's been the sole survivor like 4 times already.

Billy Heyward
July 22, 2011, 07:02 AM
^

Too true. It is getting very stale, but it might be because of the plot lines between Tae and Kei are going to come together soon. Though that's pretty blatant. By the looks of it we're probably going to see more Nishi, he's obviously losing his mind over something (well... the apartment DID just blow up big time), either that or Sakurai dies but to me that seems a little bit more down the road in the plot.

Shion Izumi
July 22, 2011, 12:58 PM
My mind would be blown if we ended up seeing the Onion dad and other transferred aliens on the mother ship in some prison. I mean there does happen to be other species living on the ship besides the giants and it makes the most sense to where the aliens go via Y-Gun.

Matariel
July 22, 2011, 01:12 PM
^

Nishi possibly has some stuff back at the apartment. He wasn't carrying any weapons on him apart from the H-guns. His clothing doesn't allow for it.
Oku has used hyperspace arsenals plenty of times before. If Nishi were in a different situation; I wouldn't put it past Oku to have weapons come out of nowhere as they have before. But I think Nishi and Takeshi's situ is supposed to (in part) emphasise their lack of equipment. Thing is. Nishi had both weapons with him when the katastrophe started IIRC. So he may have lost both Z-guns.

I did enjoy the chapter. It did have some suspense. Even if it is a given that Tae will survive. I'm going to +1 suggestions about the communication about a missing pet saving Tae's life.

Damura
July 22, 2011, 01:21 PM
^

Yeah I know, but in those situations it was perfectly believable that the characters themselves might have been carrying such a weapon. I.e. Oku was just being lazy. These circumstances are a little different. I think we'll have to wait and see.

About Tae.. I don't know... it feels to me as though Oku is setting it up to make Kei moments too late. I think it's definitely going to come as a surprise to a lot of people if Tae dies next time. Maybe this is the set up Oku was going for. Or maybe not, haha...

Billy Heyward
July 22, 2011, 01:50 PM
I don't think Oku would kill one of the main characters like this, it just doesn't have that much of a build up and it would be anti-climatic (and Gantz as a manga isn't anti-climatic at all). I mean, Tae has been around since around chapter 100 and is Kei's only motivation.

TheMannam
July 22, 2011, 05:47 PM
There's really no reason for Tae to die, anyway.

What, is Kei going to go on some sort of rampage? We already got a guy on that.
Is he going to try and destroy the ship? Got people on that too.
He would no longer have any objective--might as well get killed off as well.

Damura
July 22, 2011, 10:54 PM
Kei wouldn't have to go on a rampage.

playerdude
July 22, 2011, 11:42 PM
while we already have a guy on going on a rampage thing, it would be cool to see Kei1 to go on a killing rampage as well. it's been a while since we've seen Kei1 in action. last time we've seen him in action, he was trying to get armor for the alien girl, and even that fighting scene was cut off short due to the sub-plots of other characters.

winterwyrm
July 23, 2011, 12:04 AM
Yeah, very unlikely that tae would survive all that just to die so quickly and pointlessly. I really wonder how exactly they will destroy that space-time distortion core if they can't teleport, it most certainly isn't close to where they are, considering that the inside is as big as the american continent, so from the north tip of alaska to the southern tip of chile, which means you really need a way to get around... Whoever did that really shut the team down, so I suppose they are entirely dependent on the hackers to finish this invasion.

Btw, does anyone else think this may be the last arc of gantz? Maybe one more with sebastian and that's it though.

ositadima
July 23, 2011, 06:08 AM
i hope there not to quick to kill those aliens thats took the form of humans mabye the did that so the humans wont be so startled what if the could communicate to the gantzers? but what i see happening is

random gantzer "wtf is that"
random gantzer 2 "open fire"
katou "nooooooooooo!"
all out fight begins
Kurono "what have we done"

Billy Heyward
July 23, 2011, 08:45 AM
Yeah, very unlikely that tae would survive all that just to die so quickly and pointlessly. I really wonder how exactly they will destroy that space-time distortion core if they can't teleport, it most certainly isn't close to where they are, considering that the inside is as big as the american continent, so from the north tip of alaska to the southern tip of chile, which means you really need a way to get around... Whoever did that really shut the team down, so I suppose they are entirely dependent on the hackers to finish this invasion.

Btw, does anyone else think this may be the last arc of gantz? Maybe one more with sebastian and that's it though.

This arc is known as Katastrophe, overall it's called the Final Phase/Phase Three.

With alien ship we have seen that the Americans have found a weak point, possibly an open vent that goes directly to it's core and it will explode with one single laser blast (jokes)

All humour aside, I would really like to see more of Sebastian. It's obvious that he's some how behind the development of Gantz since he can transfer, but he's definitely not a "player" of Gantz since he can, you know, crash bloody planes and what not. He'll be an interesting character to see come back.

Shenduk
July 23, 2011, 10:48 AM
The only way of Tae survive and me being satisfied, is if her capture is linked to something really obscure. For example, the aliens capturing some humans, but only keeping females alive this time because they already have to many males in their "farms". We all know the humans may be kept as pets or turned into food, and keeping a farm of humans making them reproduce would be a way of sustaining the human market.

tonyyao82
July 23, 2011, 11:20 AM
Any speculation on how Tae's going to be saved this time around? Another group of humans? Possibly one of the soldiers she was with is still alive to a certain degree?

I do agree that Sebastian should show up sometime soon. Wasn't there a theory thrown around that it's possible that aliens created Gantz?

Damura
July 23, 2011, 12:26 PM
^

I could just imagine one of the kids saying wait! lets pull her legs off first.

That could buy her some time.

tonyyao82
July 23, 2011, 02:44 PM
I can picture the kids begin to fight over who should "play" with her. Then, the adults have to calm them down. Which leads to alien drama and then more time.

Billy Heyward
July 24, 2011, 07:52 AM
^

It could be the alien kids from before perhaps? When Tae was running away and those guys with guns shown up.

mcd693
July 25, 2011, 01:43 AM
10 bucks says tae lives through it. any takers? (canadian dollars that is)

Damura
July 25, 2011, 12:00 PM
If she dies you can count on Kei finding a way to bring her back. Need not worry.

TheMannam
July 25, 2011, 02:02 PM
Oh, there's that.
If she dies, he might start investigating the giant's connection to Gantz.

And if those aliens are the same ones that got sent up into the sky, maybe they're only going to go after those who are armed (Nerdo and Anzu).
Because I still have no idea why the Onion dad ran past and totally Ignored Kishimoto.

El Samurai Guapo
July 25, 2011, 09:07 PM
I hate these types of cliffhangers. Not so much because I'm worried if Tae will die or not, I know she'll survive, what I want to see is who it is that'll save her.

Asahina
July 25, 2011, 10:19 PM
It'll probably be the vampires..xD
Oku does love to surprise his readers.

tonyyao82
July 25, 2011, 11:51 PM

That will be a BIG WTF moment if the Vampires show up after all this time. Next thing you know, Tae becomes a Vampire.

"I don't need Kei-chan anymore!" *cries and sword/handgun pops out of her hands*

El Samurai Guapo
July 26, 2011, 01:10 AM

I know, but sometimes his "surprises" can be seen coming from a mile away. Personally if I had to guess I'd say Cherry. It also might be that the alien at the last minute decides not to pull her head off and once again she's captured as a pet.

Billy Heyward
July 26, 2011, 08:10 AM
It really sucks that we have to wait every two weeks.

And I am really loving the theory that the aliens on board the ship are the ones captured by the Y-gun. It's definitely a possible theory and it makes sense since the giants have a connection to Gantz. But why are they invading? I can see Nerdo and Anzu kick some alien ass soon, Anzu is a veteran from Osaka after all.

El Samurai Guapo
July 27, 2011, 11:08 PM
I still don't understand the whole thing with the dude inside the gantz ball. Was he himself human or alien? Who put him there? Was he working with the people who setup the games to gamble on them? Was he rebelling against them by helping the Tokyo team?

teioh
July 28, 2011, 04:56 AM
It's also good to note how stupid those people with Nerdo is. They just wandered into a room with freaky aliens and just stand around staring at different things. Atleast that chubby kid had enough since to scream. Anzu all like, "...um..guys, lets leave and go to the previous place we were at." UM...NO SHIT!! But of course they don't, they just stare. The fact that they're idiots is something we learned a long time ago though.
It's too easy too judge their action from your sweet house on your comfortable chair while you know you are reading a manga.
Put yourself (or better, put a group of common people) in a realistic situation like that and you will see even more stupid reaction. Human brain (and psycology) is not so predictable, especially when you are in a complete forgotten place and/or panic seizes you, you can't think so frosty as if you were in a videogame, let me say.
Everytime i red phrases like "If I were in Gantz I will act this and this" but we talk knowing practically ALL about Gantz and from our safely houses, that's not the same situation in which Gantz characters belong.

Billy Heyward
July 28, 2011, 07:05 AM
I still don't understand the whole thing with the dude inside the gantz ball. Was he himself human or alien? Who put him there? Was he working with the people who setup the games to gamble on them? Was he rebelling against them by helping the Tokyo team?

That enigma is still very much a haze and unexplained but I would say he is human. He can speak english, he has the same figure as a human and he was killed when the apartment blew up but he has a lack of emotion. Like Nishi at times was just screaming at him and he showed no reaction to it, if he was told to do something using the Gantz ball then he did it (only if he could though). It's a blatant theory that he and other men inside these balls are apart of the process of Gantz. I think they are artificially created and genetically breeded.

Forever Rain
July 28, 2011, 07:34 AM
It's too easy too judge their action from your sweet house on your comfortable chair while you know you are reading a manga.
Put yourself (or better, put a group of common people) in a realistic situation like that and you will see even more stupid reaction. Human brain (and psycology) is not so predictable, especially when you are in a complete forgotten place and/or panic seizes you, you can't think so frosty as if you were in a videogame, let me say.
Everytime i red phrases like "If I were in Gantz I will act this and this" but we talk knowing practically ALL about Gantz and from our safely houses, that's not the same situation in which Gantz characters belong.

lol what? Frosty? You're making it seem like I'm saying I would bust out my gun and put a cap in their asses. I am putting myself in that situation. If I was actually there and saw some freaky aliens of course my reaction would be to freak out and runaway. My comment is actually pointing out what I think are them NOT behaving normally. They are all just staring their casually as if it's something they all seen before. You've been kidnapped, you're lost and you're nude...I'm not going to stand around admiring the local creepy as hell alien life.

Damura
July 29, 2011, 07:02 AM
I can believe people can do stupid things... but not like this. I can't believe that this group of civilians would just walk away from the guys who just saved them... at least with not consulting them first. They just wandered off and never looked back. Aside from that, the scenes with the new aliens are plausible enough.

We've already seen stuff like this. People are always severely under-estimating the aliens...

I agree with teoih that once the pressure's on you're not going to be thinking straight... thing is these guys aren't in fight or flight mode. They're in completely oblivious fucking retard mode. I'm not convinced.

I think them leaving the group the way they did set them up to be idiots regardless. Bad luck that Anzu/Nerdo are the most pathetic leaders...

There is a way to get an idea of how people behave during a crisis. Just look up real world events and see how people have responded. Maybe teoih's right. Maybe people are that stupid when they're in shock. I wonder..

Billy Heyward
July 30, 2011, 01:52 PM
Yet again we haven't actually seen Anzu fight but she was a veteran from Osaka, so she has that going for her. Nerdo, for a beginner, has kicked some serious ass before (He has survived this long after all). So maybe we'll see classic Gantz fighting in the next chapter as well as the mass slaughtering of all those people.

Damura
July 30, 2011, 09:48 PM
^

Veteran at running away maybe.

102jayday
July 31, 2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah, Katou had to save her a couple of times. She knew to not get in the way of the pro's and stand back like all the non elite in their team did.

Maybe Ivan is going to randomly Walk by and say "Oi we are pretending to be friends with the humans right now!" then he will take Tae...da da duh!!! then the location is put on that tech thing of lost pets so kurono sees it then has to go where to Ivan is...and I think we know what will happen then.

Damura
July 31, 2011, 11:53 PM
Anzu's whole thing was basically "fuck everybody else, only look out for yourself". Until Katou came along. For her this meant stay the hell back while Oka takes care of it.

Speaking of which, we need another guy like Oka or Izumi. Someone clever and proactive. We have Host Samurai but Oku's saving him for something else apparently.. Maybe next time we see him his apprentice or whatever will actually get a personality.

Who's Ivan btw?

102jayday
August 01, 2011, 12:07 AM
General Blondie. His name is Ivan or something, the chapter with the alien telling kurono that he killed his little brother shows his name.

Forever Rain
August 01, 2011, 07:48 AM
Anzu's whole thing was basically "fuck everybody else, only look out for yourself". Until Katou came along. For her this meant stay the hell back while Oka takes care of it.

Speaking of which, we need another guy like Oka or Izumi. Someone clever and proactive. We have Host Samurai but Oku's saving him for something else apparently.. Maybe next time we see him his apprentice or whatever will actually get a personality.

Who's Ivan btw?

I think people keep confusing her with Reika those chapters because I hear that alot. I'm pretty sure Anzu was the one just constantly telling them how good their team was and how they were the best. She was never really in a situation where she would of said or suggested something like that. She wasn't fighting or hanging out with the team she was just roaming and following katou. Reika and team tokyo was the ones who decided to leave everyone on their own during those chapters.

Panda
August 01, 2011, 07:49 AM
It's up to Nishi to save the Gantzers now :D
I always wonder where the aliens go when transferred with the Y gun. We might have our answer!

102jayday
August 01, 2011, 08:39 AM
Then It's the rematch with 1000 arms...Though the H gun would cream him. That giant alien is too big to be Y gun, katou tried to Y gun a alien too big and it could only do the head.

Damura
August 01, 2011, 08:41 AM
I think people keep confusing her with Reika those chapters because I hear that alot. I'm pretty sure Anzu was the one just constantly telling them how good their team was and how they were the best. She was never really in a situation where she would of said or suggested something like that. She wasn't fighting or hanging out with the team she was just roaming and following katou. Reika and team tokyo was the ones who decided to leave everyone on their own during those chapters.

She was surprised when Katou said he wanted to save civilians. I think she even said something like "are you fucking retarded?" I'd have to go back and check. Pretty sure she said that saving other people was a bad idea.

Anzu definitely stood out to me as being just as self-centred as the rest of the Osakans. That was part of why her suicide was so insanely stupid. I would be extremely surprised if my memory has failed me on this one. Anyone know when the Osaka arc starts?

EDIT: Chapter 249. Anzu was surprised to hear that Katou was actually saving a family. She was surprised he wanted to revive someone, and assumed it was a girl (with big boobs). She laughed at him when he said he wanted to revive his best friend.

@102jayday: which alien was that? What happened to the rest of the body?

102jayday
August 01, 2011, 02:15 PM
She was surprised when Katou said he wanted to save civilians. I think she even said something like "are you fucking retarded?" I'd have to go back and check. Pretty sure she said that saving other people was a bad idea.

Anzu definitely stood out to me as being just as self-centred as the rest of the Osakans. That was part of why her suicide was so insanely stupid. I would be extremely surprised if my memory has failed me on this one. Anyone know when the Osaka arc starts?

EDIT: Chapter 249. Anzu was surprised to hear that Katou was actually saving a family. She was surprised he wanted to revive someone, and assumed it was a girl (with big boobs). She laughed at him when he said he wanted to revive his best friend.

I think the osaka arc started at chapter 239 cause 237 is when kurono dies.

She does say that to him and calls him a hypocrite.
After that they see the three sadist fighting a big alien but they give up and run away lols. Katou sees it going for the old people and fights it, he tried to use the Y gun but it didn't fit around its body but then with some dodging he then remembers he can lock on and locks onto the head and uses the Y gun and it only takes the head. While the whole body is left he then pulls Anzu out of it.

playerdude
August 02, 2011, 02:13 PM
that alien in the Osaka arc that people are saying was too big for the y-gun, i don't think it was because the monster was big that the y-gun failed to get the whole body. it's because there was a ceiling getting in the way of the y-gun from getting the body.
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-chapter-344.html?ch=Volume+22&page=67
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-chapter-344.html?ch=Volume+22&page=68
after all, the y-gun captured these aliens
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-chapter-344.html?ch=Volume+28&page=131
but i agree, that huge ass alien in the latest chapter was way too huge for even the y-gun xD
but then again, who knows the full extent of how much the y-gun can stretch itself to capture big monsters/aliens.

El Samurai Guapo
August 02, 2011, 09:26 PM

Well yeah, the whole point was that Katou caused a change her. If memory serves me well he did the same exact thing on the main character himself. He tends to have that effect on people.

Damura
August 02, 2011, 11:14 PM
^
Fantastic.

I just hope it never happens again.