PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 245 Discussion

ghostexiled
July 23, 2011, 12:05 AM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/71658-Fairy-Tail-245-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

hossice
July 29, 2011, 11:04 PM
natsu eating lightning? is that a type of flame? -.- i call ass pull. maybe hahaha xD chapters out btw's MS. (;

BlackHair
July 29, 2011, 11:21 PM
Chapter 245 is out by MS (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/69642871/1)

ShoobyDooBop
July 29, 2011, 11:29 PM
Did Laxus just use a breath without activating Dragon Force?
So when Natsu got angry and said he'd defeat Hades himself was true. Shit....
Laxus was doing pretty good though. He could do more than that but meh... he had his reason.
Come on Mashima. He just fuckiing arrived.

damane08
July 29, 2011, 11:34 PM
This chapter left a bad taste in my mouth! Playing the "give Natsu your power that wasn't even enough to beat the bad guy, but somehow Natsu is going to get mad enough and power up and then beat said bad guy" angle.
Laxus wasn't powerful enough to beat Hades but somehow with his power, Natsu will? I REALLY hope it doesn't work out like that.

senewe
July 29, 2011, 11:37 PM
So that was unbranded man means. Couldn't have guessed about that. Nice one Mashima sensei.

Perfect chapter for me. Idea of Luxus giving Hades a hard time really doesn't sound good to me. I'm glad that he is still nowhere near Hades. And I am right at one thing. Hades=Luxus+Random overpowered Natsu.

Naruffy
July 29, 2011, 11:37 PM
Just when you think Natsu's finally lost a fight, he's back and ready for more.

I'm more interesed in seeing how Zeref will intervene, I was hoping Laxus would do more, but it seems like he wanted someone from the guild to finish off Hades.

MechR
July 29, 2011, 11:52 PM
natsu eating lightning? is that a type of flame? -.-He didn't eat it; Luxus just transferred the magical energy to him directly.

Edit: Oh wait, yeah, a couple of lines from him and Lucy suggests he did eat it. I don't know how that works, then.

But yeah, this development sucks. Luxus steps out after a very brief round, and Natsu steps in to hog the boss exp, again. If he wins this, I'm retiring my hopes for this series.

saya1987
July 30, 2011, 12:14 AM
PERSONALLY, I wasn't disappointed, everything just felt weird. A lot of people had said last chapter was the best of all but overall, it was weird. This chapter is just as awkward.

1) Laxus's attacks were pretty good; he was even cocky in the beginning and then suddenly, he went kamikazi to transfer his magic to natsu.
2) Hades was supposed to be powerful but when Laxus attacked him, his expressions were downright ridiculous and disgusting. Even if he was getting beaten, Hiro doesn't have to draw such a facial expression. Suddenly, towards the end of the chapter, he became much cooler again.

Though I have to say Laxus has indeed matured.

Anyway, I just hope that Natsu doesn't get to stage a one-man fight. At least let Lucy use gemini or even wendy to help! The best would be a team fight.

tobeulp
July 30, 2011, 12:33 AM
I think this chapter is great exclude the last couple of page when the ass pul powerup again for Natsu... If this is the way to beat Hades then why should they didn't all of them just lend Natsu their power so he can kick Hades ass a few chapter less.. Still want to see how this arc unfolds but not really that excited like I was a few chapters ago...

shuha27
July 30, 2011, 12:35 AM
I agree with you completely Saya1987. Hades was suppose to be shown as this badass mage but when you see him lose his composure and cool it did make the chapter sort of weird or akward. I actually liked the idea of Team Natsu working together to beat Hades instead of Natsu getting some power up. Hopefully, Natsu's new ability doesn't take the others out of the count and they will help somehow.

Overall I thought the chapter was okayish

zelllogan
July 30, 2011, 12:36 AM
very bad chapter. That was lame. Laxus is proud, violent, arrogant but still a good guy ... what he just did is out of character.
And I don't even want to talk about Natsu absorbing his power.

Epic_Rider
July 30, 2011, 12:40 AM
Just caught the chapter. It was pretty nice. Laxus's newfound maturity was impressive. He lost against Hades, so he gives Natsu his power so he can keep fighting for him. The Laxus from before wouldn't have even dreamed of such a team play. The chapter was worth reading for that alone. Looking forward to the Lightning Flame Dragon and next week's chapter.

Zeltrax
July 30, 2011, 12:51 AM
This wasn't even good, nor was it fair.
It was terrible and ruined laxus as a character.
Sure, flashy fight is cool and all but that's about it.
I will remember not to bring my common sense in whenever I read ft.
I mean,
how is it possible for him to eat lighting? Oh wait, he didn't eat it, then what the heck was thanks for the meal for.
Transferring magic powers? First time I've heard of it, so if Natsu have that plot hack,
I bet everyone could transfer it to him,
gray would give him ice fire..that doesn't work..
and erza would give him fire swords.

Thing is, it doesn't make sense.

Epic_Rider
July 30, 2011, 12:56 AM
This wasn't even good, nor was it fair.
It was terrible and ruined laxus as a character.
Sure, flashy fight is cool and all but that's about it.
I will remember not to bring my common sense in whenever I read ft.
I mean,
how is it possible for him to eat lighting? Oh wait, he didn't eat it, then what the heck was thanks for the meal for.
Transferring magic powers? First time I've heard of it, so if Natsu have that plot hack,
I bet everyone could transfer it to him,
gray would give him ice fire..that doesn't work..
and erza would give him fire swords.

Thing is, it doesn't make sense.

Yes, how dare Laxus undergo character development? He should stay the same forever.

And again, he didn't eat the magic, Laxus transferred it into him. Natsu saying 'Thanks for the meal' is just a saying, that's all. As for how Natsu absorbed the magic, just suppose that Laxus has a spell that lets him transfer magic. There, simple.

Zeltrax
July 30, 2011, 01:09 AM
Yes, how dare laxus undergo character development? He should stay the same forever.
I never said there was no character development for laxus.
If you think about it logically, what he did makes no sense.
First, the fight that he gave up on when he is so much stronger than natsu. Why would he be thinking that giving his power to natsu will let him win? He is so much stronger, a S-Class.
Secondly, why natsu? He said natsu is the one that was affected greatest, that made no sense.
Every single ft member was affected and angry. Gray, wendy and Erza and she is S-class,
why transfer it to natsu when Erza is as strong as laxus and have more potential to beat hades? If togetherness is such an important theme to fairy tail, laxus should have transferred that power to everyone.
If you're going to say that its because both are dragonslayers, that is invalid because Laxus is a fake ds.

And again, he didn't eat the magic, Laxus transferred it into him.
Thirdly, if people can transfer magic so easily then the system of ft is a big hack for everyone.
That kind of writing is bad as the element of "transferring magic" can be used every time there is a pinch for ft.
Mashima used something very very similar back in Oracion Seis, doing it again is bad writing and asspulling. Again, Laxus is a great character but this chapter he was made into a plot device just because mashima wants to let natsu win
with a method that is not even logical.

Natsu saying 'Thanks for the meal' is just a saying, that's all.
Fine. But do remember that he only says it after eating something for the previous 245 chapters.

As for how Natsu absorbed the magic, just suppose that Laxus has a spell that lets him transfer magic. There, simple.
Then that spell is an asspull because it wasn't foreshadowed or mentioned before.
Fire and lighting does not work together, it goes against everything we learn in school.
If you're going to use magic to explain everything that happens, then there's really no point to continue this.

MechR
July 30, 2011, 01:09 AM
And again, he didn't eat the magic, Laxus transferred it into him. Natsu saying 'Thanks for the meal' is just a saying, that's all. As for how Natsu absorbed the magic, just suppose that Laxus has a spell that lets him transfer magic. There, simple.Lucy thinks he at it too, but she might've just gotten the wrong idea from his statement. Still more ambiguous than I'd like.

Riyuki
July 30, 2011, 01:11 AM
Epic Rider, are you serious? So you already stated that "thanks for the meal.." is supposed to ONLY be a saying, not to be taken literally... and then in the very next page this is what is shown:

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/69642871/19

Lucy: He ate.... the lightning...?

I've accepted the power-up, whatever. It's pretty freaking lame but I've pretty much accepted the fact that Natsu is the main character and is always just going to win when he wants to. The one issue I have however is that not only did Natsu say thanks for the meal, but lucy also said he ate the lightning.... stop and think about this for a second. Who are the two main characters of the show? Natsu and Lucy. They both said the complete opposite of what you said in such a confident manner. Sorry bud but all of the evidence points to the fact that natsu ate the lightning and its BS.

I was thinking eating the dark flame or w/e from Zankrow was a little crazy, but acceptable.... but LIGHTNING? Come on now... I'm sure Grey will fire "Ice Shell" next arc and Natsu will end up having invincibility until the end of the battle, since Ice Shell is the strongest spell in the manga pretty much.

MechR
July 30, 2011, 01:20 AM
Earlier in the arc, Loki transferred his magic to Capricorn. It was pretty lame and out-of-nowhere at that time, but it now serves as a basis for this time. The only weird thing is whether Natsu literally ate the lightning or not.

Bludvein
July 30, 2011, 01:21 AM
Fairy Tail continues to head into an ever more nonsensical direction.... I mean, I am sort of used to the whole power of friendship card being played in this series, but this is just getting plain ridiculous. If Natsu somehow beats Hades alone without somehow using dragon force I think I will call bullshit. Even with it, he should have a hard time.

Epic_Rider
July 30, 2011, 01:28 AM
I never said there was no character development for laxus.
If you think about it logically, what he did makes no sense.
First, the fight that he gave up on when he is so much stronger than natsu. Why would he be thinking that giving his power to natsu will let him win? He is so much stronger, a S-Class.
Secondly, why natsu? He said natsu is the one that was affected greatest, that made no sense.
Every single ft member was affected and angry. Gray, wendy and Erza and she is S-class,
why transfer it to natsu when Erza is as strong as laxus and have more potential to beat hades? If togetherness is such an important theme to fairy tail, laxus should have transferred that power to everyone.
If you're going to say that its because both are dragonslayers, that is invalid because Laxus is a fake ds.

Laxus lost the fight. Hades was about to finish him so he gave Natsu his magic. He didn't just decide to stop fighting.

Second, Natsu is a Dragonslayer and is well experienced with absorbing outside sources of magic. Best to leave something like that to experienced people.

Thirdly, if people can transfer magic so easily then the system of ft is a big hack for everyone.

There's nothing to say only FT mages can do this you know, or even that it's something that can easily be done. As you say earlier, Laxus is a S-class mage

Fine. But do remember that he only says it after eating something for the previous 245 chapters.

Exactly. He doesn't necessarily have to say it every time he eats magic, it's simply become a habit now.

Then that spell is an asspull because it wasn't foreshadowed or mentioned before.
Fire and lighting does not work together, it goes against everything we learn in school.
If you're going to use magic to explain everything that happens, then there's really no point to continue this.

Wrong. It would be an asspull if this is the first time the concept of transferring magic came up. However, it's some up many times before so it isn't an asspull.

Epic Rider, are you serious? So you already stated that "thanks for the meal.." is supposed to ONLY be a saying, not to be taken literally... and then in the very next page this is what is shown:

Refer to above. Maybe it's simply become a habitual saying.

zelllogan
July 30, 2011, 01:31 AM
Epic_Rider can say what he wants ... but this is was closer to a fanfic than to the real deal.

For laxus, as said by many members on this thread, it was out of character. Period.

Epic_Rider
July 30, 2011, 01:34 AM
Epic_Rider can say what he wants ... but this is was closer to a fanfic than to the real deal.

For laxus, as said by many members on this thread, it was out of character. Period.

Yes, it was out of Laxus's old character. That's why it's called character development. Because his character, oddly enough, actually changed and grew. Shocking, I'm sure but it's all the rage these days. Everyone's doing it.

swordsaintscoot
July 30, 2011, 01:35 AM
I hate to mention another manga here, but for the sake of example I will. This isn't the first time in manga that lightning and fire are related. What about Avatar? The Fire Benders could also use lightning. The idea of lightning and fire being so similar isn't new for manga.

I personally don't think the idea was that he 'ate' the lightning as such. Sure he 'ate' it but, Laxus magic that was given to Natsu wasn't an attack imo. Laxus' magic is lightning, so it only make sense his magical essence would be lightning, so to give that to natsu etcetc.

Zeltrax
July 30, 2011, 01:39 AM
Laxus lost the fight. Hades was about to finish him so he gave Natsu his magic. He didn't just decide to stop fighting.

That's what I meant by giving up.
There's already a big problem with laxus losing the fight that easily, I don't even think mashima is even trying to let him fight, he basically appeared to let natsu win.
Like I already said, if laxus with all that lighting lost and with that bit of magic left transferred it to natsu, how do we expect natsu to win?

Second, Natsu is a Dragonslayer and is well experienced with absorbing outside sources of magic. Best to leave something like that to experienced people.
No he isn't. He's only good at eating flames, that is not absorbing magic.
Like you said, transferring magic and eating magic are two different things.
You don't need to be experienced to have magic transferred to you, see what happened during the leo and capri fight, you are basically saying that they are experienced too.
Besides wendy is there too.

There's nothing to say only FT mages can do this you know, or even that it's something that can easily be done. As you say earlier, Laxus is a S-class mage
I wasn't referring to ft as in ft the guild but the entire fairy tail story.

Exactly. He doesn't necessarily have to say it every time he eats magic, it's simply become a habit now.
Refer to above. Maybe it's simply become a habitual saying.
Lucy said it too.

Wrong. It would be an asspull if this is the first time the concept of transferring magic came up. However, it's some up many times before so it isn't an asspull.
The only time i remembered it coming up is during the leo fight, i won't call that "many times" but I pull back my statement on asspull.
By following this, that simply means that ft lacks originality.

MechR
July 30, 2011, 01:48 AM
Lucy said it too.She didn't actually see, she just assumed so. Still, the initial impression to readers would be that he ate it.

The only time i remembered it coming up is during the leo fight, i won't call that "many times" but I pull back my statement on asspull.
By following this, that simply means that ft lacks originality.I don't see how the latter follows from the former.

Ifrit
July 30, 2011, 01:51 AM
Well...there you go another cool character ruined. I used to like Mystogan...now Laxus.

I really didn't see it coming. I think whats going to happen next chapter is for Natsu to kick HADES ass.

( Just let them team up against HADES ) does everything must be done inside the strongest team circle....you have a lot of cool characters please use them )

Darjaille
July 30, 2011, 02:02 AM
Nice one Laxus... you actually rised in my eyes..
Of course, that lightning transfer crap is just Mashima's fault :D
So is it, ship blew up, Laxus transfered his magic into Natsu, Natsu ate flames from blown up ship and he's ready to BEAT Hades...
Ah.

While reading this chapter, I just wanted to be on the last page to see if Zeref came...
So, I'll just wait. Until he arrives, I'm not so interested in fights than in relevations he should bring.
About the chapter I liked Laxus' 'soft side' "Even though.. I'm no longer a member of Fairy Tail... if something happened to old man... I can still get angry about it, right?" Was pretty touching for me.

And, I bet something will happen to Hades once the ship was blown up.

*ends and prays for Zeref next chap*

luffyg2
July 30, 2011, 02:31 AM
Last week I was so exited by the return of Laxus... but after reading this chapter I feel like Ive been fooled. So seems like this fight is also going to end up with a weird Natsu power up where he eats something and become stronger than ever

RaveDragon
July 30, 2011, 02:47 AM
Thats why i said Laxus shouldnt come now, it couldnt have been done in any other way for plot reasons Laxus had to stand down for Zeref. I did like this chapter, Laxus character wasnt ruined it just told us hes the strongest he was going frikkin head to head with Hades...almost

Lightning though can cause fire, ever notices how people hit by lighting are left burnt so by an extension if Laxus voluntarily transferred his magic to Nastus making sure it didnt hurt him it could help, then of course hes gonna have the side effects after the battle just like Etherion and when he ate laxus' lightining in the festival arc.

I know Natsu said 'Thanks for the meal' and Lucy said 'He ate...the lightining' but Erza said "He PUT his own magic into Natsu?" so it works imo.

Still with this cool powerup Natsu might do some damage but with the next chapter 'Land of the Abyss' im thinking Zeref is about to do something. or Hades will have some more magic to use, i hope the former, the fighting is awesome but i need me juicy info now ^^

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Well...there you go another cool character ruined. I used to like Mystogan...now Laxus.

I really didn't see it coming. I think whats going to happen next chapter is for Natsu to kick HADES ass.

( Just let them team up against HADES ) does everything must be done inside the strongest team circle....you have a lot of cool characters please use them )

Ifrit you no likey Laxus anymore? he was the ONLY one who managed to kick Hades' ass even though he got hurt a lot too, you know Laxus' feels that he's not part of FT anymore and cant fight this fight for them :s i mean he said some great things, it think laxus just developed thats all hes not ruined

jupzter
July 30, 2011, 02:49 AM
Hmmm pretty much the same with Natsu VS Master Zero when Gerald gave Natsu golden flame...
Well the question is "Is the lighting flame power up enough to beat Hades?"

Ero-Sanji
July 30, 2011, 02:52 AM

This was to be expected, no?

Does Mashima really not see how repetitive this actually is? Also, what a bad reason for transferring his magic, just so that someone with the brand can finish it. Yeah, Laxus was all about the guild but this is just too forced to be good. The sad part isn't that Laxus missed his chance of pure awesomeness, but that Natsu's actual growth gets left in the dark for, random and forced power ups.

This arc started up so good with very intimidating and interesting enemies. Mashima made them too strong for his heroes so instead of nerfing them down he made some of the fights (the majority) quite questionable. This was supposed to be the strongest dark guild, do we even need to bother with Tartaros?

I'm really disappointed at the moment because not only did he ruin my favorite characters moment in the sun but he also ruined Natsu...

wooticus
July 30, 2011, 03:01 AM
Hmmm pretty much the same with Natsu VS Master Zero when Gerald gave Natsu golden flame...
Well the question is "Is the lighting flame power up enough to beat Hades?"

i guess the shounen rule of fusing powers comes in again here. Like in dbz when fusion-ha means that two people are basically multiplying their powers instead of just adding them. so we got a natsu * laxus instead of natsu + laxus here.

so easy prediction: natsu will give hades a hard time, but will be struggling once he goes all out. Then there comes the typical error of a shounen villain. instead of finishing him off he gets into talking. Then he wants to kill lucy and natsu will go berserk.

how about calling him latsu now? :D

the other possibility would be caprico popping up to weaken hades. that would certainly give latsu the chance to win

zelllogan
July 30, 2011, 03:34 AM

This was to be expected, no?

Does Mashima really not see how repetitive this actually is? Also, what a bad reason for transferring his magic, just so that someone with the brand can finish it. Yeah, Laxus was all about the guild but this is just too forced to be good. The sad part isn't that Laxus missed his chance of pure awesomeness, but that Natsu's actual growth gets left in the dark for, random and forced power ups.

This arc started up so good with very intimidating and interesting enemies. Mashima made them too strong for his heroes so instead of nerfing them down he made some of the fights (the majority) quite questionable. This was supposed to be the strongest dark guild, do we even need to bother with Tartaros?

I'm really disappointed at the moment because not only did he ruin my favorite characters moment in the sun but he also ruined Natsu...

Personally, I go back to my initial opinion of Mashima. The guy is great when he needs to create a whole new universe, create characters, early arcs ... but He simply can not last for too long at that quality level.

Rave was like that & Fairy Tail is now like that as well. For me, this arc was a chance for redemption after some "Meh" arcs (Edoras, Oracion Ceis).
Mashima basically always start great ... but after a while, it is simply good ... not bad but no more than good.
Well, at least, it's gone from Great to Good ... not from Very Great to Very Bad (... Kubo ...).

Atobe the king
July 30, 2011, 04:13 AM
The ironic thing is, you will all continue to read the manga despite the complaints. Chapter was okay, nothing was unexpected, like did you really think Natsu was down for the count? and the people who enjoyed him getting his shit kicked in probably just shot themselves. Natsu spiritually beats you again lol. Even with his revival victory isn't set in stone.

I will never grow tired of every manga community is filled with people who seem to know how proper pacing, character development and story telling works yet don't do anything with it, i mean clearly your manga would reach amazing heights.

Ghost, my prayers are with you and your saint like patience.

ghostexiled
July 30, 2011, 04:25 AM
First and only warning... keep the thread clean and respectful.

I understand that there are some of you that are unhappy (and have been for some time) with the series... but if you can not post in a constructive manner, then your post will be edited or deleted.

Please also remember to NOT compare mangas in this thread.

If you think this was an "asspull" then rather than just stating that... tell us CONSTRUCTIVELY why.

Also do not just post comments talking about how you are going to give the manga up because of such and such... comments like that are just asking for trouble.

If you are unhappy... post it in a respectful manner or don't at all!

Also do not call out other members on being wrong and not stating why... again that is asking for trouble.

Thanks!

Ifrit
July 30, 2011, 04:31 AM
was the ONLY one who managed to kick Hades' ass even though he got hurt a lot too, you know Laxus' feels that he's not part of FT anymore and cant fight this fight for them :s i mean he said some great things, it think laxus just developed thats all hes not ruined

Don't get me wrong I like Laxus but I also said I don't want him to defeat HADES Laxus is still too young to be able to defeat a guy like HADES. even the master couldn't. But I was hoping for a Zeref entrance hitting every1 then recognize Lucy face and this will be the end of the Arc Zeref leave the island awaken. But now there is no way Natsu is gonna lose this battle .

I don't care what Mashima will do. I like FT he can do what ever he wants I still enjoy FT. But it just hurts seeing all these cool characters not to be used.

Ero-Sanji
July 30, 2011, 05:07 AM
Personally, I go back to my initial opinion of Mashima. The guy is great when he needs to create a whole new universe, create characters, early arcs ... but He simply can not last for too long at that quality level.

Rave was like that & Fairy Tail is now like that as well. For me, this arc was a chance for redemption after some "Meh" arcs (Edoras, Oracion Ceis).
Mashima basically always start great ... but after a while, it is simply good ... not bad but no more than good.
Well, at least, it's gone from Great to Good ... not from Very Great to Very Bad (... Kubo ...).

I do understand that this is the way he does his thing, but for some strange reason I think it was more acceptable for Rave to be the way it was than for FT. It might be that it has gone a really long time since I read Rave but the way FT is handled right know isn't good, IMO.

I also agree on the fact that FT isn't bad as a whole but in some situations it gets very repetitive and thus annoying and on some occasion boring. Some might think that all we want to see is Natsu getting beat into a coma but that's not it at all. We or at least I want Natsu to learn from true defeat and a story with heroes is always good if the hero feels a sense of despair only to get up and shine. I mean the lesson Natsu got from Gildartz got thrown out the window in the same arc. Everything seemed to point at the fact that FT would lose as to learn defeat and when to back down...

The ironic thing is, you will all continue to read the manga despite the complaints.

I don't see the irony at all. As I said previously, FT is still a wonderful manga with a rich lore and interesting history and unique characters it's just that when it comes down to the fighting, which some are waiting for, it all gets confusing, repetitive, forced and out of place. Not saying that any other opinion is bad but those are just my thoughts about it. Also, I'm not the one to drop a manga until it actually has a proper ending. Just like Bleach, FT has far too many loose ends for me to just drop and as I said before I enjoy the manga at large.

zelllogan
July 30, 2011, 05:26 AM
It's a normal human reaction to be disappointed by a manga when you think about what it could have become & what it actually is.
Fairy Tail had the potential to be a second One Piece for me, nothing less. Now, it's just an other good manga.

And I don't think this discussion is out of context. This very chapter is showing many defaults of the manga & not many qualities.
Mashima used a trick he already used before in order to give a powerboost to Natsu. A trick which is opening too many powerboost possibilities.
He transformed a former badass vilain into a perfect nakama. I do prefer when they keep a bad side ... but even so, IMO, Gajeel & Juvia were a lot better handled than Luxus.

Sollum
July 30, 2011, 06:41 AM
What everyone thought:
Wow! Laxus redeemed and gave his powers to Natsu! Now Natsu will beat Hades ass! Laxus is a hero!

What Laxus thought:
Aw shit, this guy is too hard, i used my most powerful attack and only scratched him... I think i will tank next hit, give my powers to Natsu and say some random BS and then sleep this one out! Yeah!..

sarutobi_sensei
July 30, 2011, 06:43 AM
I liked the chapter, even though it was wierd. I mean, Laxus was doing pretty good against Hades until he took that Amaterasu spell thing.

The only thing that's bothering me is that Natsu is going to defeat yet another absolutely powerful foe alone. Well not alone since he got powers from Laxus, but still... you get what I'm saying.

Of course I loved Laxus character development, the old him would never do something like that.

I'm guessing that he will really return to the guild as master now, since Makarov is about to kick the bucket.

But Natsu eating the lightning... well it's not the first time he has eaten something strange. He also ate Etherion wich has many more elements other than fire.

So Natsu's Dragon Force is about to wake up again. First against Gérard, then Zero now Hades. All after he ate different elements.

liductan
July 30, 2011, 07:06 AM
This chapter had a funny moment for me in page 13 but other than that everything else was ruined.Daaaaammnnnnnnn, I didn't think this would be so repetitive again. As someone else already mentioned this is the same thing with jellal, there's only so much you can take like the fight between natsu vs zancrow and I let that fight slide because it was some kind of fire. I actually thought for a second that Laxus could win but I didn't want him to win alone .It would turned out to be more like gray's and ultear's fight , now I'm wishing he did overpower hades because it's better than this BS. Well, I have to say if we keeping losing all the cool characters than the whole thing will start to become boring. There are other ways I'm pretty sure Mashima thought of. One has to wonder why he did this again or if he will ever get tired of doing the same thing over and over.

1337 haxor
July 30, 2011, 07:28 AM
I think that Mashima is stuck with the protagonist formula way too much.

Laxus was doing great, he proved he is on league with Makarov even if he can't defeat Hades on his own.

What is really dissapointing is not the fact Laxus gave his power to Natsu, no, the protagonist ass pull is the usual stunt, what really pisses of is the fact they are facing of a monstrous opponent and can still let such jacks of guild pride get over the goal of survival and victory.

Furthermore, Natsu is not the fire Dragon Slayer, he is freaking KIRBY!

Dude can just eat any magic and voila he gains a new power, honestly tough, his powers truly seem to be agregating unlimited magic in his body.

Nevertheless, from the next chapter title we can easily guess that Hades is going to take things to the next level once Natsu gives him a run for his money.

ErosVp
July 30, 2011, 08:06 AM
I liked Luxus this chapter! You all can think it is weird, but he gave Hades a hard time and even Erza was surprised he is that strong (i can't believe people will still think Luxus and and Erza are on a similar level), and even his speech about letting FT handle it was coherent.... I could expect Luxus to deafeat Hades anyway, putting a good fight is enough to see he is freaking strong...

BUT Mashima is really naive to push on to us that Natsu is able to beat Hades! Hades is a monster, Natsu + Luxus wouldn't defeat even Makarov! Natsu, who is weaker than Luxus, receive his power and alone will beat a guy who the manga put in a god level? it makes really disappointed, but it looks that will happen even if we know it's ridiculous....

jupzter
July 30, 2011, 08:35 AM
Yeah! The guild teaming up could be so much better than a single Natsu + Laxus Magic... Really Natsu is getting all the powerhax kinda remind me of bleach the way Ichigo gets all the powerups...

Samui
July 30, 2011, 08:40 AM
Well, can't say much about the chapter... Mashima's proved again and again that I can't expect good things from this manga.

ca12nag3
July 30, 2011, 08:40 AM
What everyone thought:
Wow! Laxus redeemed and gave his powers to Natsu! Now Natsu will beat Hades ass! Laxus is a hero!

What Laxus thought:
Aw shit, this guy is too hard, i used my most powerful attack and only scratched him... I think i will tank next hit, give my powers to Natsu and say some random BS and then sleep this one out! Yeah!..

Think you hit the marker here ^^.

But its all not unexpected, if you know Mashima well enough you can expect this kinda thing. He has a habit of making heros line up and fall so the main hero or *arc-hero* can win the battle.

BoobsMakeMeHappy
July 30, 2011, 08:51 AM
I'd like to clear up a few things tht bothered me during this thread

1. At what point did Laxus not actually hurt hades. laxus started to beat him to the point where started to glare at laxus which means he was considering him as a real threat at tht point http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/13

2. laxus was not defeated and didnt use alot of magic. if u look back at natsu and his fight laxus is capable of using alot more magic thn tht. And are u really saying laxus wud lose to one attack? And he could have dodged hades other attack as seen where wendy said tht he purposely took hades attack http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/18

3. and what do u mean fake ds. It doesnt matter if hes a fake........ if it looks like a ds if it smell like a ds then its a ds and plus natsu said lighting flame dragon http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/20 hence it was ds magic tranfer

4.And finally for all those who said natsu was stronger thn laxus HA http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/19 .And for all those who said ezra was stronger thn laxus HA http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/13 .................u dont get baffled by someone else's power onless it was greater thn urs

ca12nag3
July 30, 2011, 08:58 AM

1. At what point did Laxus not actually hurt hades. laxus started to beat him to the point where started to glare at laxus which means he was considering him as a real threat at tht point http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/13

2. laxus was not defeated and didnt use alot of magic. if u look back at natsu and his fight laxus is capable of using alot more magic thn tht. And are u really saying laxus wud lose to one attack? And he could have dodged hades other attack as seen where wendy said tht he purposely took hades attack http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/18

3. and what do u mean fake ds. It doesnt matter if hes a fake........ if it looks like a ds if it smell like a ds then its a ds and plus natsu said lighting flame dragon http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/20 hence it was ds magic tranfer

4.And finally for all those who said natsu was stronger thn laxus HA http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/19 .And for all those who said ezra was stronger thn laxus HA http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/13.................u dont get baffled by someone else's power onless it was greater thn urs

1 Hurting someone doesnt make you win per say, good fighters can feel their chances. If he can read his oponent he most certainly read that Hades got more in store. Whats the point in beating up Hades but pulling the short end in the end and then everyone dies.

2 Laxus wasnt defeated no, he simply fought with his brains instead of his emotions and fists. First time for me he showed real leadership potential. He figured he cant win so best is to fuse his own power with someone else > Natsu. So temporarily Natsu will be Laxus power+his own. Like with the Rebuke flame. It will wear off so he has to hurry.

3 Ill just answer this one since its most vital. Dragonslayers learn their magic from a ancient dragon, you know 100s/1000s years old thought extinct... yet laxus and the snake dude (forgot his name again) both got a lachrima made into mimicing a dragon. Atm you can say a fake dragonslayer has power compared to a dragonslayer, however my belief is that a real one can far exceed the power of a fake one. So it will definitely matter.

4 Erza being stronger then laxus nobody said he was or is. only that his power lvl is around Erza's but atm he did surprise Erza and seems now closer to Gildarts then Erza. Remember hes somewhere in between those 2.

1337 haxor
July 30, 2011, 09:09 AM

4.And finally for all those who said natsu was stronger thn laxus HA http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/19 .And for all those who said ezra was stronger thn laxus HA http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/13.................u dont get baffled by someone else's power onless it was greater thn urs

Nobody here is implying that Laxus couldn't handle things himself. Mashima left it very clear that he forefeit the fight despite still having a ton of magic to put forth.

What everyone here is complaining for is that Mashima went through the heights of bringing Laxus back only to have Natsu settle things up once again.

We were all expecting Laxus to throw down Fairy Law and busting himself and Hades but what we got was just a spoon of Laxus fan service and protagonist plot device.

Interestingly, it seems that things are far from over yet.

The title of the next chapter implies that Hades will escalate things further with something from the bottom of the abyss.

BoobsMakeMeHappy
July 30, 2011, 09:16 AM
---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

1 Hurting someone doesnt make you win per say, good fighters can feel their chances. If he can read his oponent he most certainly read that Hades got more in store. Whats the point in beating up Hades but pulling the short end in the end and then everyone dies.

2 Laxus wasnt defeated no, he simply fought with his brains instead of his emotions and fists. First time for me he showed real leadership potential. He figured he cant win so best is to fuse his own power with someone else > Natsu. So temporarily Natsu will be Laxus power+his own. Like with the Rebuke flame. It will wear off so he has to hurry.

3 Ill just answer this one since its most vital. Dragonslayers learn their magic from a ancient dragon, you know 100s/1000s years old thought extinct... yet laxus and the snake dude (forgot his name again) both got a lachrima made into mimicing a dragon. Atm you can say a fake dragonslayer has power compared to a dragonslayer, however my belief is that a real one can far exceed the power of a fake one. So it will definitely matter.

4 Erza being stronger then laxus nobody said he was or is. only that his power lvl is around Erza's but atm he did surprise Erza and seems now closer to Gildarts then Erza. Remember hes somewhere in between those 2.

i agree totally with u i think u got wat i said confused ofcourse laxus couldnt win and ofcourse laxus isnt areal ds so he wouldnt have some of the perks but hes still a ds so some things he should be able to do and the ezra thing was from a discussion in another thread

ca12nag3
July 30, 2011, 09:22 AM
i agree totally with u i think u got wat i said confused ofcourse laxus couldnt win and ofcourse laxus isnt areal ds so he wouldnt have some of the perks but hes still a ds so some things he should be able to do and the ezra thing was from a discussion in another thread

Well its never bad to discuss matters, especially when characters improve. Id say as a person and in terms of power Laxus grew a great deal. He trusts his friends now and doesnt want to solve things on his own anymore. Also the fact that his power is beyond Erza right now, meaning he grew on his own and not due to the Lachrima. < i dont believe a Lachrima can grow anything beyond its original setting since its a chrystal thing.
And that his power is closer to Gildarts then to Erza now.

As far as plot goes id say were closer to a Raven tail arc ^^

-Gildarts and Ivan got a history together, his info said he has something against Ivan.
-Laxus showed up, grew in power and personality.
-Cana gained Fairy Glitter and most likely will be S-Class
-Gajeel is doublespy however only Makarov knows.
-Levy grew closer to Gajeel
-in case Makarov dies nobody will know about Gajeels (extra) work.

So all the elements are there for a prediction after this arc ^^

swordsaintscoot
July 30, 2011, 09:37 AM
I tihnk the better question is "what kind of tatoo is on Laxus' chest?"

Chocolove77
July 30, 2011, 09:48 AM
Can someone explain to me what Luxus says here: http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/4
"him" refers to mavis right? What does he mean by "make a grave for him"? Mavis already has a grave.

Also does this page implies that Mavis is an ancestor of the dreher family?

kkck
July 30, 2011, 09:49 AM
I think laxus also planned for natsu to get the power boost from having the tattoo on the island. As it was said earlier, the island provides protection to those who bear the emblem of fairy tail on them. By willingly giving natsu his own magic he not only gave him a boost through the combination of their fire and thunder dragon slaying magic but also natsu can take advantage of the protection the island provided him. Even natsu giving laxus his magic would not quite get the same result. I still get the mild impression hades should be stronger than natsu currently is though. Perhaps zeref will eventually have a part in the fight.

ca12nag3
July 30, 2011, 09:56 AM
I feel you on this but its still a chance gildartz, zeref or someone shows up to help natsu. ANd with everyone else in the room weak as they are they can still provide distraction ala Gohan vs SPCell.

Usually Natsu wins the day when he fuses, so far it happend 2 times (vs Gerard) (vs Zero)

Lucy seemed well enough to still have a summon or something up her sleeve as distraction. And then we dont know how much Laxus power intensified Natsu's own. As ridiculous as it may seem the combi of fire and lightning may be enough to pierce Makovs defenses and Natsu was able to hit him before and should be faster now. Just not nearly as experienced.

Lucy most likely cant summon remember that people die of overuse when summoning.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Can someone explain to me what Luxus says here: http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/245/4
"him" refers to mavis right? What does he mean by "make a grave for him"? Mavis already has a grave.

Also does this page implies that Mavis is an ancestor of the dreher family?

Uhm well Makarov isnt dead yet ^^" so make a grave makes little sense, unless Makarov just died offscreen? I dont care either way but it just doesnt add up. Make a grave can and most likely is to literally translated.
Mavis is long dead so the grave is already there, whos grave should be made then? :D

Also paying respects is rather general and doesnt have to imply they are related but it could be ^^ "

Uriel
July 30, 2011, 10:29 AM
I wish just ONCE Natsu win without a boost from a something-like-nakama.

Chocolove77
July 30, 2011, 10:38 AM
Uhm well Makarov isnt dead yet ^^" so make a grave makes little sense, unless Makarov just died offscreen? I dont care either way but it just doesnt add up. Make a grave can and most likely is to literally translated.
Mavis is long dead so the grave is already there, whos grave should be made then? :D

That's pretty much my question. Luxus can't be refering to Hades since he is addressing to him. He is the one (Hades) who must make a grave and pay respects. Who elso could he be addressing to? Natsu & Co? Why would they have to make a grave for Hades and pay respects?

Also paying respects is rather general and doesnt have to imply they are related but it could be ^^ "

I was referring to Luxus saying "I came here to visit my ancestor's grave" and then "I had planned on coming to visit Mavis's grave"

digit03
July 30, 2011, 11:26 AM
oh wow another natsu power-up how many of these have we had at the near-end of arcs..... its gettn too much.....laxus could have done more than that!

Sollum
July 30, 2011, 12:27 PM
I tihnk the better question is "what kind of tatoo is on Laxus' chest?"

I think its Fairy Law mark. Similar to Cana's.

ShoobyDooBop
July 30, 2011, 12:33 PM
I was badly waiting for the new chapter last week and after this he can return to FT and become a new master(I guess)...but wtf just happened here on this chapter? mashima ruined Laxus. He's better off to be the proud, arrogant, violent but still a good guy, and that was a DAMN too short appearance for Laxus. Seeing that Natsu gets a power-crap, there's no doubt he's the one who will beat Hades.

Anyone considering dropping FT? As for me, I guess I'll take a break.

ca12nag3
July 30, 2011, 01:01 PM
I was badly waiting for the new chapter last week and after this he can return to FT and become a new master(I guess)...but wtf just happened here on this chapter? mashima ruined Laxus. He's better off to be the proud, arrogant, violent but still a good guy, and that was a DAMN too short appearance for Laxus. Seeing that Natsu gets a power-crap, there's no doubt he's the one who will beat Hades.

Anyone considering dropping FT? As for me, I guess I'll take a break.

If you dont want characters to change then reading FT isnt that good a idea :D Laxus will never be guild master if he stayes the arrogant violent guy. You should realize this.
If he really is going to be guildmaster he has to change.

ShoobyDooBop
July 30, 2011, 01:49 PM
Proud, arrogant, violent on others. Not on guild members.

zelllogan
July 30, 2011, 02:01 PM
As for me, I guess I'll take a break.
I'm saying the same thing about Naruto & Bleach and I just can't manage to do it.
Once you're an addict, it's hard to quit ... even if you know that it is bad for you.

Sollum
July 30, 2011, 03:24 PM
I'm saying the same thing about Naruto & Bleach and I just can't manage to do it.
Once you're an addict, it's hard to quit ... even if you know that it is bad for you.

Use self motivation stuff
"I am crap, if a cant do this"
"I am weak if i cant do these push ups"
"What can i do in life if i can't even run 20 laps?"
"I am not better than pile of s*** if i can't live without alcohol and cigarets"
"Drugs are for the weak minded"

Helped me with everything up until now. Try it.

Laxus mentioned Mavis grave... i think that Mavis grave never even existed to begin with, its some sort of "magical thing" that conjures itself from time to time.

exacta
July 30, 2011, 05:03 PM
Mashima has used the "have Natsu eat something in order to get a bullshit powerup" asspull move in order to win his big battles sooooo many times now, but this is the first time Mashima has done it twice in one arc. It made absolutley no sense the way he did it with Zancrow, and neither does it in this scenario. So, lemme get this straight....

Hades >>>>>Luxus.
Hades>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Natsu.

But, a Natsu that just badly got the shit beaten out of him as well as several holes shot in his body getting the magic from a much stronger character, who just admitted he's no match for Hades, is going to turn the tables? Really??? With "Lightning Fire"?????

The whole point of Luxus coming was just to do some punches and kicks, then be like "Lol oh yeah thats right, I'm not the main character of this manga. What the hell am I doing fighting the main antagonist of this arc?!?!? Here Natsu, you can have my powers, and I'll just lie down on the floor."

Not only did he actually mess up Luxus reappearing, but yet again we all fell under the illusion that Natsu finally truly lost a fight and that this fight might end in a way that would actuallly be surprising. Well, I suppose it still might.

Plus, although Luxus' attacks were cool, I was hoping we'd see something new from both sides. The chains and Amaterasu Formula's are cool, but Hades has already spammed those quite a bit. It was cool how he turned that planet model into a ball and chain, but can't he do anything else Mashima????? This guy taught the 7 kin all forms of Lost Magic and is supposed to know some dark secret about the origins of magic.....doesn't he have something a little more serious?

ca12nag3
July 30, 2011, 05:24 PM
Mashima is lame. Thats pretty much what it boils down to. Mashima has used the "have Natsu eat something in order to get a bullshit powerup" asspull move in order to win his big battles sooooo many times now, but this is the first time Mashima has done it twice in one arc. It made absolutley no sense the way he did it with Zancrow, and neither does it in this scenario. So, lemme get this straight....

Hades >>>>>Luxus.
Hades>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Natsu.

But, a Natsu that just badly got the shit beaten out of him as well as several holes shot in his body getting the magic from a much stronger character, who just admitted he's no match for Hades, is going to turn the tables? Really??? With "Lightning Fire"?????

The whole point of Luxus coming was just to do some punches and kicks, then be like "Lol oh yeah thats right, I'm not the main character of this manga. What the hell am I doing fighting the main antagonist of this arc?!?!? Here Natsu, you can have my powers, and I'll just lie down on the floor."

Not only did he actually mess up Luxus reappearing, but yet again we all fell under the illusion that Natsu finally truly lost a fight and that this fight might end in a way that would actuallly be surprising. Well, I suppose it still might.

Plus, although Luxus' attacks were cool, I was hoping we'd see something new from both sides. The chains and Amaterasu Formula's are cool, but Hades has already spammed those quite a bit. It was cool how he turned that planet model into a ball and chain, but can't he do anything else Mashima????? This guy taught the 7 kin all forms of Lost Magic and is supposed to know some dark secret about the origins of magic.....doesn't he have something a little more serious?

Plz this is Shonen, made for kids, the majority of readers online is adults, here lies the conflict. Mashima did nothing bad to begin with because he isnt writing for people like you ^^. Hes writing for elementry/highschool kids in japan...

Hope you and everyone else that starts getting pissed off over this realizes this.

We all enjoy these manga for art and cool plotting, but dont forget that the plot can go childish and touch elements like win against impossible odds, childish crushes and cheesy nakama buildups. THIS IS SHONEN. How often does it have to be said before people start bashing a manga? If you dont understand what shonen means then look it up in the dictionary. Most of the people that start complaining are 20+ for petes sake, this isnt written for you (in adult mindset).

I just enjoy the childish things that happen and laugh it off ( and look at it thrue my eyes as if it was back then when i was a kid).

Series i used to enjoy with rediculous things in it when i was a kid was like Transformers or GI-Joe (no manga/anime back then like we have now). And when i grab the box of transformer seasons and look at it i laugh at the plot now but back then it was seriously cool for me. So thats how you should deal with these plots, just smile and read on if you enjoy it. If you get anoyed with it its not for you move on and dont bug the rest of us with it since it wasnt written for *us* in the first place.

exacta
July 30, 2011, 05:43 PM
Plz this is Shonen, made for kids, the majority of readers online is adults, here lies the conflict. Mashima did nothing bad to begin with because he isnt writing for people like you ^^. Hes writing for elementry/highschool kids in japan...

Hope you and everyone else that starts getting pissed off over this realizes this. .

I don't hate this manga, I'm extremely disappointed with what Mashima did with this arc, it had so much potential. I don't know who "us" refers to exactly, but I think the majority of people posting here are disappointed with what Mashima's been doing lately. I read the discussion on mangastream after the chapters released usuallly and the majority of the comments left there give me the same vibe.

And I don't think of Fairy Tail as a kid manga really. Kid stories don't have characters drop lines like "You guys are covered in shit-stained rags" or show lots of blood and draw lots of skimpy women in positions that cater to teenage readers and up with abnormal sized breasts. No. I started reading manga in highschool, and this would've pissed me off back then as much as it did now. I know Bleach and Naruto had moments where it did back then. Probably even back in middle school too would this annoy me. If it didn't then that would mean I don't care about plot when it comes to reading.

The plot isn't cool lately. Lately it's just disappointing. I liked the Edolas arc, I loved the beginning of this arc, and Mashima messed this up. I've already backed up my reasons for disliking this arc, don't really see any reason to discuss that any further. I'm not bashing, my complaints are legitimate. There were alot of things to look forward to in this arc and Mashima let alot of them down. My disappoint has nothing to do with shounen, its this particular arc, and in some ways this manga, though as a whole I don't dislike it.

Lame story-telling is lame story telling. Not like I'm gonna drop Fairy Tail either. When you've read this much of something, you clearly have the time to see the rest of it through.

ca12nag3
July 30, 2011, 06:12 PM
I don't hate this manga, I'm extremely disappointed with what Mashima did with this arc, it had so much potential. I don't know who "us" refers to exactly, but I think the majority of people posting here are disappointed with what Mashima's been doing lately. I read the discussion on mangastream after the chapters released usuallly and the majority of the comments left there give me the same vibe.

And I don't think of Fairy Tail as a kid manga really. Kid stories don't have characters drop lines like "You guys are covered in shit-stained rags" or show lots of blood and draw lots of skimpy women in positions that cater to teenage readers and up with abnormal sized breasts. No. I started reading manga in highschool, and this would've pissed me off back then as much as it did now. I know Bleach and Naruto had moments where it did back then. Probably even back in middle school too would this annoy me. If it didn't then that would mean I don't care about plot when it comes to reading.

The plot isn't cool lately. Lately it's just disappointing. I liked the Edolas arc, I loved the beginning of this arc, and Mashima messed this up. I've already backed up my reasons for disliking this arc, don't really see any reason to discuss that any further. I'm not bashing, my complaints are legitimate. There were alot of things to look forward to in this arc and Mashima let alot of them down. My disappoint has nothing to do with shounen, its this particular arc, and in some ways this manga, though as a whole I don't dislike it.

Lame story-telling is lame story telling. Not like I'm gonna drop Fairy Tail either. When you've read this much of something, you clearly have the time to see the rest of it through.

Just like you said! the majority of the comments left there give me the same vibe. Thes people are what age? 20+ for most of it, and these manga including Fairy tail are written for kids up to the age of 15. I hardly find the complaints people write about the story being disapointed or ass pull this or that valid if it comes from these posters. Now if we get some 12/15 year olds posting like that ill listen to it with more seriousness. Not that i dont see the point of some complaints but more that it serves no purpose if you start looking at logic. Manga isnt logic.

You just cant complain about a manga for its childishness because its written for kids in the first place!

ghostexiled
July 30, 2011, 06:42 PM
Alright... lets try to get back on topic and discuss the chapter and what you think will come next. :)

Also DO NOT post anymore comments that insult or bash the author...

I personally don't see the fact that Natsu has gained more power of sorts, as a sign that he has automatically won against Hades.

To many of you guys are too quick to think that just because Natsu stood up and looked all badass and determined to win... that this battle is over and FT has won.

Just last chapter Laxus came and was looking all determined and badass... then he lost.

I have said this for a long time... "Wait till it is over before judging the fight, arc or series."

Some of you may be right... but there is no reason for you to read the chapter then come on here and do nothing but bash and flame the series and author.

BE CONSTRUCTIVE about your opinions!

I think you guys can do that without cursing, bashing, flaming or insulting. :)

llamapie
July 30, 2011, 07:07 PM
Well. I suppose this was predictable. Natsu wins every fight by eating something. :X It would be nice though if Natsu grew on his own. I mean he has but it just seems anticlimactic for him to win every fight in this manner.

ErosVp
July 30, 2011, 09:11 PM
It wasn't a good chapter! The end made it easilly predictable tha Mashima will once again repeat his overused formula, why can't i criticize a manga i'm fan? ca12nag3 always try to impose that everyone should buy everything the author throw on to us, even if it isn't coherent....

There are a bunch of shounens that i read, and there always some good and bad arcs and some good and bad chapters. There are some mangas that have more good chapters and arcs than bad ones, i'm not criticizing FT now because i'm not it "supposed audience"! I'm criticizing because i like it, and i feel it is a shame this manga isn't maturing like others, and this arc had had such a great potential but it looks like it is walking the same path again...

I can't rate the arc now, but the chapter wasn't good and that is the opinion of the majority of fans.

ca12nag3
July 30, 2011, 09:22 PM
It wasn't a good chapter! The end made it easilly predictable tha Mashima will once again repeat his overused formula, why can't i criticize a manga i'm fan? ca12nag3 always try to impose that everyone should buy everything the author throw on to us, even if it isn't coherent....

There are a bunch of shounens that i read, and there always some good and bad arcs and some good and bad chapters. There are some mangas that have more good chapters and arcs than bad ones, i'm not criticizing FT now because i'm not it "supposed audience"! I'm criticizing because i like it, and i feel it is a shame this manga isn't maturing like others, and this arc had had such a great potential but it looks like it is walking the same path again...

I can't rate the arc now, but the chapter wasn't good and that is the opinion of the majority of fans.

Mashima is the author of this manga and a few others, critisizing the author as some people call him lame or w/e isnt what this chapter discussion/prediction is about. If i adress people about this its because its missplaced and immature.

This manga as is every shonen, is written for 12-17 year olds, just look at the average age of people posting here. Its at least 20. So your actually critisizing a kids manga for not being mature enough? See the irony?

As for chapter development hey i can see some goods and wrongs but to overly critisize a manga as *i think about dropping it*, *this is an asspull*, *the author is lame*. And then im not allowed to respond to this or else i get stuff like ( your not alowed to be critical acording to Ca12nag3 ? plz dont make this personal.

As for the Laxus development but so far all the fights in this arc they end really short and thats a part shame. Id like to see a Bluenote-Gildarts fight just as much as a Laxus-Hades fight but weve been there done that. This is how FT is take it or leave it.

And for the development in THIS chapter. Its simple Laxus judges he cant win on his own and make the choice to give all his power to Natsu so he can finish this (if this is the right choice well see next).

Oh and if you guys are man enough to complain here go complain to Mashima in person, like his blog or twitter or w/e

Zeltrax
July 30, 2011, 10:04 PM
Mashima is the author of this manga and a few others, critisizing the author as some people call him lame or w/e isnt what this chapter discussion/prediction is about.
Not really, we're suppose to share our feelings and our thoughts. Everyone have their own individual take on this chapter and the author.
Manga= the author, which story direction the manga takes, which powerups the hero gets, which character will develop is up to the author.
Saying that we can't criticize the author is almost as if you're saying we can't criticize the manga, can't talk and discuss about its flaws.
It might not be what this thread is about but we all have feelings and we want to express our disappointment in what Mashima has done.
How is that immature?

If i adress people about this its because its missplaced and immature.
Not if its the truth, it's acceptable if there are a few complains here and there but when almost half of the thread is filled with it, learn to accept that it is flawed.

This manga as is every shonen, is written for 12-17 year olds, just look at the average age of people posting here. Its at least 20. So your actually critisizing a kids manga for not being mature enough? See the irony?
Does this means that I have to accept every shounen like that? Please remember that there are other shounen titles that is actually mature and excel in plot and character development. I won't compare titles because ghost(thank you alot) has been repeatedly telling us not to. Just because something is shounen doesn't mean that we have to look past its flaws. Plus, its not ironic. Fairy tail is one of the highest selling manga in japan, along with other big titles. People have expectations of it, Mashima should know that his target audience may be teenagers but there are people of other ages reading it.

As for chapter development hey i can see some goods and wrongs but to overly critisize a manga as *i think about dropping it*, *this is an asspull*, *the author is lame*. And then im not allowed to respond to this or else i get stuff like ( your not alowed to be critical acording to Ca12nag3 ? plz dont make this personal.
Nobody is making anything personal in this thread.
You're allowed to defend your manga for all you want but so can we point out its flaws and mistakes and discuss it.

As for the Laxus development but so far all the fights in this arc they end really short and thats a part shame. Id like to see a Bluenote-Gildarts fight just as much as a Laxus-Hades fight but weve been there done that. This is how FT is take it or leave it.
The circumstances are different and so is the situation. I understand how bluenote-glidart ended so fast and I accept it. But this fight is entirely another matter, it's not the same when a character that isn't involve in this in the first place turned up. People have been expecting and anticipating that only to get disappointed.
It is a hard pill to swallow, and not as easy as "take it or leave it".
We didn't read all the way up to this chapter just to drop it like that, we want to see it end.

And for the development in THIS chapter. Its simple Laxus judges he cant win on his own and make the choice to give all his power to Natsu so he can finish this (if this is the right choice well see next).
His judgement has a lot of errors and is illogical. But I won't go there again because it has been pointed out a lot of times already.

Oh and if you guys are man enough to complain here go complain to Mashima in person, like his blog or twitter or w/e
We don't have to be "man" enough to complain to Mashima. I doubt he'll pay us any heed even if we do and it's not an easy thing to give him feedback outside of japan.

Like I said, this is a forum and this thread is for us to express our thoughts and opinions to a certain level without flaming. If you can't accept all this, maybe the one that should leave is you.

Kauia
July 30, 2011, 10:18 PM
Laxus more like gave his magic to Natsu because its best that a ft member to finish the fight. That's what he said. I love the chapter its cool and great. Did you see Lxaus expression when he came back? So epic. I love it. But I'm a bit confused by the statement "at least make a grave for him".

Btw just for fun did anyone notice that Lucy's clothes are ahem once again ripped off like in every arc. so funny... Strange thing was I didn't noticed when it happened.

I can't wait to see how Zeref will come into this. I don't think Gray, Lucy, Erza and Wendy are just there to watch. Something big must be happening. Probably Zeref.

If there's one think I like about Fairytail, its that the fights aren't freaking long. No offense. I'm just excited to see what will happen when Zeref finally gets involved with the fight. Hence the source of magic thing. The meaning of Laxus tatoo? I think its the third ft law. Dragons disappearance, Zeref, and Lucy.

Natsu's power-ups are temporary. Of course Laxus could have left the fight to Erza but looking at Laxus perspective, there's a reason why its left to Natsu other than the fact that he's like the main character. The fight Laxus had with Natsu and Gazille at the harvest festival arc must have had a great impact on him. Laxus comeback is sooo cool. I love his character even more. Let's continue to enjoy reading fairy tail everyone! :D

Any ideas what's going to happen next? I hope Hades past and his reason why he left fairy tail and what he meant when he said that it was changed will come up. What kind of secret did fairy tail suppose to have? Could Mavis know something important? Why did he change his name to Hades?

Riyuki
July 30, 2011, 11:48 PM
Final battle for the next arc:

Natsu and friends are getting pwned, and then Natsu begins to shake and act really weird. Everyone wonders why and whats wrong with him, and then suddenly Natsu stands up and screams and gold flames, lighting, other elements, dark flame, and fire comes out of him.

Bam, the Ultimate Golden Dark Flamed Etherion Lightning Dragon is born and Natsu wins in one hit. Oh but dont forget, right before this happens Gildarts will appear and go SSJ mode but get owned in 3 panels before Natsu powers up to this new form.

-_-...... or something close to that will happen at least.

Atobe the king
July 31, 2011, 12:44 AM
If i had a successful manga series with video game and anime adaptations with my stuff also being licensed globally i sure as shit wouldn't care about negative feedback from pretentious armchair story tellers who are not only outside of my target demographic, but also not even from my country i can't say i'd give a damn. It's in weekly shonen magazine, not weekly seinen there's still going to be some degree of innocence in the story. I came here to discuss and have fun but every week there's about 30% discussing and 70 complaining i got bored once and read the fandumb article on tv tropes and it summed up manga fanbases so well i couldnt help but laugh

As i ghost said, and as i said a few pages back...nothing is set in stone. So he got a powerup, he's got his mean angry natsu face, this means nothing, does no one remember than zancrow seemed fine after natsu's "asspull" victory so who's to say he's winning this one for sure. Likely hades has some aces in the whole planned we all know he wasn't going all out, and of course, Zeref is still about.

Athrin
July 31, 2011, 12:44 AM
Next chapter is called Land of the Abyss. Sounds like Hades wont be losing next chapter.

Atobe the king
July 31, 2011, 02:08 AM
Maybe...land of abyss screams "zeref" to me but who knows.

BlackHair
July 31, 2011, 03:10 AM
We only criticize because we care for the manga. Those manga/works we not care, we don't invest time on posting/thinking at all. (Bleach is for me one of those cases. Week after week I could only complain, to a point the author forced me to drop the manga completely.) No-one can expect from any fan to always like a chapter. There is no manga or work in general which can provide that. So plz stop asking to not criticize. Last time I checked this is a discussion thread, not a fanboy thread.

Anyway my personal thoughts, I didn't like the chapter. It started out nice, but unfortunately once again it is this always repetitive pattern. Thinking back, I would have wanted that Makarov didn't lose poorly like that. It made Hades way too overpowered, and now seeing his facial expression in this chapter is just weird. I feel like Mashima is not thinking clearly a few steps ahed, if it comes to fighting and powerlvls. This is just another chapter supporting that.

Kauia
July 31, 2011, 03:54 AM
Mashima is very fast paced when it comes to fights. Personally, Fights are okay as long as they're not long. I did think it was really weird of Hades to have that kind of expression.

Makarov lost not because he was overpowered. There were a lot of reasons. Makarov wasn't exactly a hundred percent as strong as he was in the past. During the harvest festival the lady P... you know who( the doctor woman) said he didn't have enough time implicating how much weak he has gotten. His state as a mage and to fight has gotten really weak. Some people gets weaker as they grow old. There are also some like Hades who get old but still remain really strong as we see him overpower Makarov. If Makarov was in his full strength, I don't think Hades could have defeated him that easy. There was also the fact that Makarov must have his guard down when he realized who is it he really was fighting with.

I love the chapter. But I have to admit it, before Laxus passed his magic, it could have lasted at least two chapters or so to build tension, drama or so on. More speeches that'll leave us breathless. The fight was a bit fast. Oh well. That's that. That's what happened.

Combining strengths of one that were enemies is really cool. I wonder what's going to happen next?

The next chapter could be all about Hades. It could be speaking about a glimpse of the source of magic. The source of magic doesn't necessarily have to be good. It could have been darkness which brings us to Zeref. Seeing the situation, it could be all about a bit about Hades using his strength and all ft members suffering. A glimpse of Purehito's past. A revelation.

As much as I'd like to see Zeref show up, that looks like at least three chapters away before that happens.

RaveDragon
July 31, 2011, 06:07 AM
Don't get me wrong I like Laxus but I also said I don't want him to defeat HADES Laxus is still too young to be able to defeat a guy like HADES. even the master couldn't. But I was hoping for a Zeref entrance hitting every1 then recognize Lucy face and this will be the end of the Arc Zeref leave the island awaken. But now there is no way Natsu is gonna lose this battle .

I don't care what Mashima will do. I like FT he can do what ever he wants I still enjoy FT. But it just hurts seeing all these cool characters not to be used.

Time will tell is my motto until FT ends you cannot say (Rave was awesome and I liked it that way he used the character well in it) and i expect FT to be just as good, once again that could still happen, i mean seriously natsu might win against Hades but something is bound to happen Hades wont go down easily, i mean he still looks unscratchedish after Laxus came in!

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

If i had a successful manga series with video game and anime adaptations with my stuff also being licensed globally i sure as shit wouldn't care about negative feedback from pretentious armchair story tellers who are not only outside of my target demographic, but also not even from my country i can't say i'd give a damn. It's in weekly shonen magazine, not weekly seinen there's still going to be some degree of innocence in the story. I came here to discuss and have fun but every week there's about 30% discussing and 70 complaining i got bored once and read the fandumb article on tv tropes and it summed up manga fanbases so well i couldnt help but laugh

As i ghost said, and as i said a few pages back...nothing is set in stone. So he got a powerup, he's got his mean angry natsu face, this means nothing, does no one remember than zancrow seemed fine after natsu's "asspull" victory so who's to say he's winning this one for sure. Likely hades has some aces in the whole planned we all know he wasn't going all out, and of course, Zeref is still about.

There my thoughta exactly and even if Natsu wins, theres still Zeref who seems to be losing his tameness across this arc so hades might get to him before the end, i think he's having his entrance next week ^^

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

The thought has crossed my mind. I would actually love to send him some negative feedback on this, because he's obviously not getting enough hate mail to change his ways, and his editor seems asleep at the wheel. Unfortunately, Mashima doesn't have any online presence AFAICT. I already looked for them back during the earthquake/tsunami when people didn't know if he was alive, but couldn't find anything.

Im sorry ghost just let me say this to people on not jus Mech but in general
You know that his editors and people check the manga and give him thumbs up right so God only know how many times they had to rewrite the script and if he's not changing his ways its also clear that there are some people who love the story how it is, dont think that everyone in the world hates it, i love it for what it is, a story that can make me smile and show me true friends exist, clearly its loved more than hated. but i dont know, this site is just a small part of the big pic so we cant say.

Atobe the king
July 31, 2011, 11:08 AM
I don't want to drag this out further, but every week i come here, i have to filter the actual discussion posts amongst the "mashima must be on crack" or something along those lines posts. Criticism is fine,but some take it a bit to personal, and get a little to antsy over it...remember its just a manga =/. Clearly something is wrong if ghost has to write a warning message in almost every chapter discussion. And sure you care about and want to criticize, but you have to realize..its asinine because he will never see it, your criticism wont affect the flow of the story....so essentially its just a glorified rant.

As someone mentioned, its not just all mashima, idk if anyone is into DBZ, but simple story is that Toriyama wanted second form cell as final form...his editor didn't agree, and things panned out the way they did. So blaming mashima for everything you dislike about the manga isn't a good idea either.

@Rave, nooo i like zeref being indifferent yet extremely powerful i'd rather not see him devolve into a typical villain, i hope by the end of the arc we learn about zerefs relationship with 777

ca12nag3
July 31, 2011, 11:28 AM
@Rave, nooo i like zeref being indifferent yet extremely powerful i'd rather not see him devolve into a typical villain, i hope by the end of the arc we learn about zerefs relationship with 777

Ah Zeref, yeah he shouldn't be to much of a typical villain however i hope his character is lifted away from this arc, like a open end to a next or 2nd next arc. As in Zeref disappears off the island and hades&co are defeated by FT. Leave Zeref a bit of a mystery for now. And move on to perhaps Raven Tail.
Also Zeref is the main antagonist (his dark self). So once hes defeated its almost the end. I don't want to bring up other works of Mashima but its not unthinkable a big baddie goes into the freezer for a while and pops up again later.

Atobe the king
July 31, 2011, 11:31 AM
Yeah haha, i think he'll indirectly influence the ending of this arc but it a way that he makes a bigger splash than he already has. Its funny that in most cases its always the past I'm most excited for, watch zeref not even be the cause of the things he was blamed for.

ca12nag3
July 31, 2011, 11:41 AM
Yeah haha, i think he'll indirectly influence the ending of this arc but it a way that he makes a bigger splash than he already has. Its funny that in most cases its always the past I'm most excited for, watch zeref not even be the cause of the things he was blamed for.

Im currious about his past too. Also if he really is Zeref or if Zeref is somehow implanted into him. They said that the dark lord was sleeping inside this Zeref. So it just makes me curious.
Luckily Juvia didnt die from exposure to him. His magic is dangerous and unpredictable. > Natsus muffler is a 1 shot deflection but thats it. Having Wendy to fix it is handy lol.

Natsu most likely will win against Hades so far its been consistant that once Natsu gets his boost he starts winning. If not it would be a first. Also there arnt that many mages left that could do anything. For now Natsu is the most powerfull mage here. His power should be above Gildarts (laxus is close to Gildarts and his own is close to erza so the sum would make him stronger then Gildarts). Still this power will only last untill hes out of steam so he doesnt have a lot of time to do it ^^ .

RaveDragon
July 31, 2011, 01:46 PM
I don't want to drag this out further, but every week i come here, i have to filter the actual discussion posts amongst the "mashima must be on crack" or something along those lines posts. Criticism is fine,but some take it a bit to personal, and get a little to antsy over it...remember its just a manga =/. Clearly something is wrong if ghost has to write a warning message in almost every chapter discussion. And sure you care about and want to criticize, but you have to realize..its asinine because he will never see it, your criticism wont affect the flow of the story....so essentially its just a glorified rant.

As someone mentioned, its not just all mashima, idk if anyone is into DBZ, but simple story is that Toriyama wanted second form cell as final form...his editor didn't agree, and things panned out the way they did. So blaming mashima for everything you dislike about the manga isn't a good idea either.

That spoiler is so full of truth :nod

hmmm you're right but what if he remains indifferent and just pwns everyone and takes what he want?

Lee-tyme7
July 31, 2011, 06:52 PM
Hey I thought this chapter was pretty interesting. I find the fusing of lightening and fire magic very interesting as well. Why wouldn't it make sense? Lightening is the element needed to make fire so why couldn't they fuse together? Some of you guys think why not have Natsu fuse with grey's ice magic but that can not do for ice & fire can't mix. Maybe Erza's swords can infuse with flame to give it an extra power up.
I am also glad that Luxus wasn't able to beat Hades. It better this way, can you imagine Luxus beating Hades when Makorov couldn't?

Oh btw I find it funny how most of the people here complained about a manga series that they didn't buy. So you don't get to complain if you didn't buy it but if you are the one who have been purchasing this series then go complain to the man himself.

elitefox
July 31, 2011, 07:54 PM
I feel that Natsu is like a junky that needs his dupes to win XD

oh well that is just a feeling, still good chapter as Laxus is kicking ass until he decided to pass the baton
How does natsu eat an element which is not his own lol.... I just to see something different than you know since it has been only dragon force to end the boss

LoS
July 31, 2011, 09:44 PM
The only good things this chapter did was to provide the readers with a warning for a sub-par ending, and show us that the ending is near(since this has been by far the longest arc of the series).

Everyone has been forewarned not to have high expectations and simply read the chapters without giving too much thought. It's a shame, but it is the truth unfortunately.

shuha27
July 31, 2011, 10:12 PM
I just really hope Natsu isn't able to beat Hades. Anywho, I actually think it is pretty cool that Natsu might actually keep Laxus's magic powers....or is it temporary? If he does keep it I think it would be pretty cool to see some more variety in his attacks and all.

Lee-tyme7
July 31, 2011, 10:24 PM
Do you guys think the only reason Luxus can transfer his power into Natsu is because his power is from a lacryma? and it has to be from one Dragon slayer to another? At least I like that idea.

Charlie
July 31, 2011, 10:43 PM
Site rules (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/70795-General-Rules-Guidelines-and-Forum-Etiquette) clearly mention that there is to be:

No Bashing: Please be respectful, refrain from unconstructive criticism, flame, and overly aggressive language.Stay on topic, its fine to be disappointed by a chapter or about this current chapter. However please leave- author bashing, character bashing, and disrespect towards each-other out of future posts. Those will not be tolerated. Think before posting fan rage, these do nothing to add anything constructive to the chapter thread.

Never will, and it never has in any manga chapter discussion thread / forum from my experience. Only thing that it will do is fuel, flame and more rage posts. Many of the members have been here long enough to understand this point without saying.

Everyone disappointed by this chapter take a breather and cool off for a while. This is a warning.

RaveDragon
August 01, 2011, 02:45 AM
I just really hope Natsu isn't able to beat Hades. Anywho, I actually think it is pretty cool that Natsu might actually keep Laxus's magic powers....or is it temporary? If he does keep it I think it would be pretty cool to see some more variety in his attacks and all.

No its probably temporary since lightning as much as a type of fire is different from Natsu's nature and im pretty sure he wont be able to move much after he exhausted the aid from Laxus. You know i dont think i mind a loss from Hades if its Laxus's power whom drives him to it but I have a feeling Hades will stick around unless we get his flashback.

ca12nag3
August 01, 2011, 05:17 AM
No its probably temporary since lightning as much as a type of fire is different from Natsu's nature and im pretty sure he wont be able to move much after he exhausted the aid from Laxus. You know i dont think i mind a loss from Hades if its Laxus's power whom drives him to it but I have a feeling Hades will stick around unless we get his flashback.

Not only that but every power-up Natsu had in the past be it etherion or rebuke and the god flame all wore off. So i think the lightning will wear off as well.

Kuzumikun
August 01, 2011, 03:40 PM
aww come on i know natsu is the main character and everything but why not give power to lucy (im biased lol) or someone else :C
sigh oh well as predicted laxus beating hades up a little making some marks on him... i thought it was good until the end-sigh- oh well this time hades is done for because once natsu gets back on his feet again its all over...i at least wanted a lucy asspull or gildhertz and cana father-daughter fight :]

Uriel
August 01, 2011, 07:47 PM
I'm actually quite impressed of Lucy. She was able to make TWICE with different people spells that are supposed to be forgotten.

If you ask me, I think She's closer to the source of magic than everyone in FT.

Mashiro_Luna
August 02, 2011, 01:58 AM
How could he eat Laxus' lightning? It is stated here http://www.mangareader.net/135-7221-7/fairy-tail/chapter-106.html that he ate his lightning before and got ill right after so the same thing should happen now.

Naruffy
August 02, 2011, 02:00 AM
How could he eat Laxus' lightning? It is stated here http://www.mangareader.net/135-7221-7/fairy-tail/chapter-106.html that he ate his lightning before and got ill right after so the same thing should happen now.

It was more of a transfer of magical power rather than Natsu eating lightning.

RaveDragon
August 02, 2011, 04:27 AM
aww come on i know natsu is the main character and everything but why not give power to lucy (im biased lol) or someone else :C
sigh oh well as predicted laxus beating hades up a little making some marks on him... i thought it was good until the end-sigh- oh well this time hades is done for because once natsu gets back on his feet again its all over...i at least wanted a lucy asspull or gildhertz and cana father-daughter fight :]

Maybe he has something bigger in serve for Lucy? who knows I hope so, I mean Natsu still has to cry, Lisanna tells Lucy to stay next to him, soooooo she gets some moment in one way or another

I'm actually quite impressed of Lucy. She was able to make TWICE with different people spells that are supposed to be forgotten.

If you ask me, I think She's closer to the source of magic than everyone in FT.

I totally agree, Lucy only uses magic thats really like woah few times and was able to handle high power magic and things that where studyied and never found for years, she really has potential as a mage but need to learn some spells >< capricorn might be helpful and tell us something

Laxus transferred it voluntarily this time, it might be because the lightning wasnt on attack mode when he "ate" or took it in or whatnot

kkck
August 02, 2011, 09:21 AM
This is fairy tail, a shonen, not the sort of manga where you can expect deeply over elaborated plots with deep philosophical implications. A shonen is at all points and in all of its forms light reading. People who want to be challenged should simply drop comic books altogether (whether they are american, shonen or seinen) and pick up a damn novel (while avoiding best sellers which are usually police novels with even less literary value than a comic book), an actual book with small letters and NO PICTURES. A bunch of people are probably thinking by now "so I should not expect more from my favorite shounen" and a bunch of crap in the same line and the answer is NO! Its a shonen, a comic book. Really just pick something with no pictures on it if you want an actual challenging read, don't just turn to seinen which is shonen with more blood and sex.

Anyways, the arc should go on just a little further, natsu got his boost but there are still plot points to deal with. As things are now everything won't end with hades being defeated. Zeref is still around and he seems to be on the verge of taking actual action against hades. He mentioned he might even awaken if things go on like they are. There is also the council. Even if hades is defeated the threat of acknologia would appear to be something too great at least. Even doralbant who was willing to go over the line of duty to help appears to have given up hope from hearing that. In that regard we have yet to see how the council will react, ethereon is a real possibility here.

I was wondering about the key of zeref ordering grimmoire heart to destroy a town too. Is the key alive? And if so where is it? Knowing mashima it would not be so unlikely that hades is in some way keeping the key within himself and defeating him releases the key. If there is to be an arc where the keys of zeref have to be dealt with it is this one.

ZERO PHOENIX
August 02, 2011, 10:53 AM
What the hell was up with that last chapter? Luxus gets owned in what, two moves and then gives his power to Natsu? What the hell is this?

kkck
August 02, 2011, 11:05 AM
To be completely fair makarov did not last significantly longer either. The spell that apparently got laxus down was the same one makarov could not even defend from with the 3 god pillar thingy.... I don´t think laxus would have won on his own while in turn giving his power to natsu has several advantages in comparison. Natsu would have the same magical level as laxus but in turn he would also get:

1.- Boost from fusion of fire and thunder.
2.- Boost from having his magic enhanced by the island due to being an actual member of fairy tail. Even if natsu had had magic to give to laxus it would not have had the same effect just because of this.

Uriel
August 02, 2011, 11:13 AM
I totally agree, Lucy only uses magic thats really like woah few times and was able to handle high power magic and things that where studyied and never found for years, she really has potential as a mage but need to learn some spells >< capricorn might be helpful and tell us something
I'm wondering where He is now and why He is not defending her. He should appear now not after the arc like a coward! xD

kkck
August 02, 2011, 11:25 AM
I wonder if lucy has some sort of aptitude towards unison raid or something.... It is supposed to be something extremely hard to accomplish and even then it requires someone you have a special bond with. Yet, we have seen her use it along with jubia and wendy when she had needed it... Or maybe the bond among fairy tail members is simply that strong and it allows for such a thing to happen easily? If I recall gazille, natsu and wendy accomplished it too back in edoras...

ErosVp
August 02, 2011, 11:27 AM
Talking about Luxus... I think he is in the midway between Erza and Gildartz now, he is much more stronger than before. I wonder if he will return to FT after this arc, or he will continue tto be a lonely wolf...

ZERO PHOENIX
August 02, 2011, 11:41 AM
Talking about Luxus... I think he is in the midway between Erza and Gildartz now, he is much more stronger than before. I wonder if he will return to FT after this arc, or he will continue tto be a lonely wolf...

Luxus was always stronger than both Erza and Mystgun. Mystgun's spells were completely useless against Luxus, we all saw that.

kkck
August 02, 2011, 11:54 AM
I agree, luxus is a league above erza to say the least. Heck, I would not be surprised in the least if he was actually as strong as gildarts.

ErosVp
August 02, 2011, 12:01 PM
I think so too, but manyy people disagreed before.... MAybe Luxus could even take Bluenote, but it is too speculative...

It would be cool if he returned to the Guild now. After all, as my dad says "being arrogant is a characterist of awesome beings hahaha"

ca12nag3
August 02, 2011, 12:10 PM
I agree, luxus is a league above erza to say the least. Heck, I would not be surprised in the least if he was actually as strong as gildarts.

Im curious on what you base that. Specially the Erza thing. As far as rules in this manga goes concerning powerlvl fatigue plays a great role (as in once people are banged up their power drops) Referring to when Erza was already shot by Jupiter then takes out Aria and when shes fighting Jose he said *if she didnt get hit by Jupiter etc etc*

So without a proper power-gage nobody can say if Laxus is a league above Erza. I think hes stronger then Erza but that doesnt mean hes a league above or thats its definite.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

I think so too, but manyy people disagreed before.... MAybe Luxus could even take Bluenote, but it is too speculative...

It would be cool if he returned to the Guild now. After all, as my dad says "being arrogant is a characterist of awesome beings hahaha"

He hurt guild-members which is unforgivable (merely quoting Makarov here).

He wasnt "being arrogant" he has a huge inferiority complex, his dad openly calls him a weakling. He got him that Lachrima so he could be more useful no doubt. Also i don't think its up to Makarov who would succeed as the Guild-Master. (i Know you didnt say anything bout being that but its what most people see).
Laxus can only be Guild-Master if he is accepted by the majority. Or else people would simply leave FT. FT membership isn't slavery so if wrong decisions were made people could simply leave. Makarov would never put his grandson up for leader if it meant he'd lead a empty beer-hall.

So Laxus before rejoining has to redeem himself, and i see him do that in time but this fight was really short i'm not sure if its enough.

kkck
August 02, 2011, 12:11 PM
Well, for one thing even with her lightning armor on erza was quite affected by laxus attack back in the day. For another, back in the fairy tail games arc laxus´s magical power was actually compared to makarov´s when he was using fairy tail. Erza is strong but she has shown she is more along natsu´s level (when serious) than anyone above her IMO. More so, erza was severely impressed by how strong laxus was this chapter, it does not quite seem like the way she would react to someone in her league.

ca12nag3
August 02, 2011, 12:20 PM
Well, for one thing even with her lightning armor on erza was quite affected by laxus attack back in the day. For another, back in the fairy tail games arc laxus´s magical power was actually compared to makarov´s when he was using fairy tail. Erza is strong but she has shown she is more along natsu´s level (when serious) than anyone above her IMO. More so, erza was severely impressed by how strong laxus was this chapter, it does not quite seem like the way she would react to someone in her league.

True i agree but that still doesnt make him per-say in a league above hers. I mean you got regulars,S-Class,SS-Class and Wizard saints. Jose was a Wizard saint and he said the fight would be more on par if she wernt hurt. So what people imply when they say Laxus is a league above Erza or Way stronger that he is what? A wizard saint? I dont see him yet above Gildarts. He might be close but not yet.

Why im saying this is for plot reasons (that i hope) will unfold.

Gildarts has a grudge against Ivan, Laxus most likely will side with his gramps and ofc Gildarts. If he now is more powerfull then Gildarts that would defeat the option of Gildarts going 1on1 with Ivan. Also Cana might play a role here (i hope).

Being above Erza he has always been but i think hes still in the range of a S-Class not SSclass (or 100years mission class)

ErosVp
August 02, 2011, 12:30 PM
I don't think Luxus will go anywhere near his father Dark Guild. He was upset with Makarov when his father was expelled, but now Luxus seems to know what is right and wrong, and having a dark guild ir wrong...

And i said Luxus can be near Gildarts.... Jura was a Wizard Saint too and don't seem as strong as Gildarts!!! The 10 wizards saints are strongs, but we have to know there are people as strong or stronger than they are.

RaveDragon
August 02, 2011, 02:13 PM
I'm wondering where He is now and why He is not defending her. He should appear now not after the arc like a coward! xD

Capricorn? he's back in the celestial realms and im pretty sure the king had some stuff to dicuss with him i mean he was gone for like 20 years or what was it? plus he was kind of tired from leo beat up me thinks but he's imp and probably knows Laylas last actions or at least what she intended todo. cuz asking Capricorn to defend her magician children seems a big thing tbh ^^

Kauia
August 02, 2011, 04:52 PM
Its either Capricorn and Loki both resting or Mashima has plans for them.

Sevenheadedmirror
August 02, 2011, 11:18 PM
It has reached the point where bashing at FT isn't actually flaming but an actual though critique, one which may be lacking in words. The truth is that there's no sense of internal consistency in the manga, I can't see the spirit keys being potent enough to single handedly defeat Hades but at this point a new rule may happen where such thing is plausible, betraying every other law we have heard until then but still happening altogether. This rule will later be betrayed again, in a circle of inconsistencies that leaves you in the bizarre confusion that FT has now become.

RaveDragon
August 03, 2011, 06:38 AM
Its either Capricorn and Loki both resting or Mashima has plans for them.

Capricorns connection to Layla must be important in some way, the way Zoldeo wnated Lucy as a puppet and how he reacted angrily almost scared at the thought of Layla's daughter makes me think we might have an arc for her or she's imp to the main plot.

@sevenheadedmirror, we never said that the spirits could defeat hades, and even if why not? Capricorn wasn't using his strength he was being Zoldeo so we dont know his true power, maybe with Aquarius and Gemini they could do something.
If you hadnt noticed, we're discussing the chapter.

Zeref I want in tbh, Acnologia is a rather interesting plot, like Uriel said Lucy seems like the one who could be closest to the source of magic so maybe Zeref and his mom are connected to the source. But that boy i dont know where he fits, he is imp, he is connected to Natsu through the clothes and Zeref through his looks but how could he enter the fray is a big ?

Ifrit
August 03, 2011, 12:45 PM
True i agree but that still doesnt make him per-say in a league above hers. I mean you got regulars,S-Class,SS-Class and Wizard saints. Jose was a Wizard saint and he said the fight would be more on par if she wernt hurt. So what people imply when they say Laxus is a league above Erza or Way stronger that he is what? A wizard saint? I dont see him yet above Gildarts. He might be close but not yet.

Why im saying this is for plot reasons (that i hope) will unfold.

Gildarts has a grudge against Ivan, Laxus most likely will side with his gramps and ofc Gildarts. If he now is more powerfull then Gildarts that would defeat the option of Gildarts going 1on1 with Ivan. Also Cana might play a role here (i hope).

Being above Erza he has always been but i think hes still in the range of a S-Class not SSclass (or 100years mission class)

I remember in one of ur posts u said ...is it possible that Laxus >>>> Erza + Natsu + Wendy + Lucy + Gray all together.

can't we judge from the fight Vs Hades....Laxus Pushed hades back like how many 3-4 times ??? all these together only managed to hit him once if I'm not mistaken....

what we should consider...that laxus actually gave HADES a hard time more than Makorov...in the end.....he admit that HADES is more powerful and he can't beat him at least that what Mashima wants )

about Natsu...power....It's obvious I think every1 agree.

Natsu is not even near Erza....Natsu > Above every1 !!!

ghostexiled
August 03, 2011, 01:46 PM
This might be an obvious deal... but Laxus giving up, touches on the lesson that Gildartz was trying to teach Natsu. To know when you should back down from a fight that you have no business fighting.

Maybe and hopefully this is a foreshadow in Natsu doing the same...

I still believe %100 that Natsu will not be the one to take down Hades... I believe that Zeref will be the one to do that.

I also think that Natsu will get help from Grey, Erza, Wendy and Lucy again.

kkck
August 03, 2011, 04:00 PM
Anyone thinks there is a chance that mashima will move the plot towards hade´s redemption? He is after all fairy tail´s second master and arguably the most powerful mage the manga has shown by quite a bit, for me it would be interesting if such a thing does happen. One of the keys at least was supposed to have ordered grimmoire heart to destroy a town meaning it is very likely the key is a living or at least conscious being. Would it be possible for such a being to have influenced hades into what he is? One way or the other, zeref is very close to awakening, the entire manga has lead to that one event so to speak, and when that happens there really is no way for fairy tail to fight back considering the one mage with strength is about to take on the full strength of hades.

Ifrit
August 04, 2011, 01:31 AM
This might be an obvious deal... but Laxus giving up, touches on the lesson that Gildartz was trying to teach Natsu. To know when you should back down from a fight that you have no business fighting.

Maybe and hopefully this is a foreshadow in Natsu doing the same...

I still believe %100 that Natsu will not be the one to take down Hades... I believe that Zeref will be the one to do that.

I also think that Natsu will get help from Grey, Erza, Wendy and Lucy again.

mmmm....till now HADES still standing. But can he really do it again. I wanted Zeref to interrupt the fight with HADES and finish everything by him self...would be nice seeing a skill or 2 from Zeref while he's awaking to know what kind of a mage he is.

not sure Ghost despite Natsu image crying. No1 beat Natsu when he gets his power up. but there is a first time for everything, and Natsu image crying could be for losing his master maybe. HADES still got Grimmor law or whatever it's called even if Laxus or Makorov still here to do a Fairy Law HADES got nothing to lose now all his comrades are down. ( Honestly I don't think he care if something happened to them )

So Zeref moment Vs HADES maybe it will be when HADES decide to use Grimmore Law Vs Dragon force Natsu

Sollum
August 04, 2011, 02:31 PM
Anyone thinks there is a chance that mashima will move the plot towards hade´s redemption? He is after all fairy tail´s second master and arguably the most powerful mage the manga has shown by quite a bit, for me it would be interesting if such a thing does happen. One of the keys at least was supposed to have ordered grimmoire heart to destroy a town meaning it is very likely the key is a living or at least conscious being. Would it be possible for such a being to have influenced hades into what he is? One way or the other, zeref is very close to awakening, the entire manga has lead to that one event so to speak, and when that happens there really is no way for fairy tail to fight back considering the one mage with strength is about to take on the full strength of hades.

Hmmmm.... this seems possible...

Maybe he is possessed?!?!
He is kinda old... There has to be some sort of magic involved... maybe that magic corrupted him....

I wouldn't be surprised if he'd have dragon lachryma.

exacta
August 04, 2011, 07:43 PM
Still find it weird that Luxus was able to to do a better job fighting Hades than Makarov....even if he did get stronger, I have a hard time believing he was able to surpass his grandfather.

kkck
August 04, 2011, 08:07 PM
Ultimately laxus did not cause much damage though. I get the mild impression laxus had some success due to him being younger than hades for the most part. The amaterasu spell practially took him out though, just as with makarov.

ghostexiled
August 05, 2011, 08:06 AM
Ya guys are forgetting that Laxus was better in the fight than Makrov, cause Laxus did not know Hades like Makrov did.

So when it took time for Makrov to accept that Hades was evil... he had already lost.

Where Laxus jumped into the fight without any hesitation.

---------- Post added August 05, 2011 at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was August 04, 2011 at 09:55 PM ----------

Please take note that FT is on break this week so no chapter till next week!

Any posts asking where the chapter is, will be deleted!

ca12nag3
August 05, 2011, 10:02 AM
Ya guys are forgetting that Laxus was better in the fight than Makrov, cause Laxus did not know Hades like Makrov did.

So when it took time for Makrov to accept that Hades was evil... he had already lost.

---------- Post added August 05, 2011 at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was August 04, 2011 at 09:55 PM ----------

Well this to me is just like any fight, every fight is a fight in itself and cannot really be compared :D how much you try.

factors that matter.

-element of your magic like Fire>wood,water>fire etc etc.
-knowing your opponent!
-typ of fighter.

Laxus is unknown to Hades and hes really strong so ofc hed put up a fight. As for Makarov every move was known by Hades, he was his pupil/underling. Also makarov has his heart condition.

But well see whats next in a few days :D

exacta
August 05, 2011, 01:57 PM

I don't like making excuses for characters when one isn't explicitly given in the manga.

http://i10.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/fairy-tail-1712131.jpg
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/4

Makarov didn't hesitate at all when he attacked Hades, he was going all out. Makarov doesn't make that face when he's fighting half-heartedly.
Hades was Makarov's master. Hades is just much stronger. Luxus doing better than Makarov just doesn't seem right at all.

ghostexiled
August 05, 2011, 08:56 PM
What I am getting at is shown in that first link you posted... Makrov is visibly shaken by finding out that his former master is now evil.

http://i10.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/fairy-tail-1712131.jpg

Which allowed Hades to attach his chains to him... sure after a bit Makrov was in serious mode and fought with all he had.

The point I am making is that Laxus did not have that opening for Hades to exploit.

I also agree with some other members in that Laxus did some fancy things to Hades and moved around like he was more powerful, but his attacks really didn't do much to Hades.

IMO, Laxus only came off stronger looking due to these circumstances.

Believe me I am on board with being upset that Makrov keeps getting his can kicked down the street and wish he would be awesome and stay awesome in a fight... rather than always going down like some third rate character.

lordoffantasy
August 06, 2011, 12:10 AM
mmmm....till now HADES still standing. But can he really do it again. I wanted Zeref to interrupt the fight with HADES and finish everything by him self...would be nice seeing a skill or 2 from Zeref while he's awaking to know what kind of a mage he is.

not sure Ghost despite Natsu image crying. No1 beat Natsu when he gets his power up. but there is a first time for everything, and Natsu image crying could be for losing his master maybe. HADES still got Grimmor law or whatever it's called even if Laxus or Makorov still here to do a Fairy Law HADES got nothing to lose now all his comrades are down. ( Honestly I don't think he care if something happened to them )

So Zeref moment Vs HADES maybe it will be when HADES decide to use Grimmore Law Vs Dragon force Natsu

but would hades seek to harm zeref? we still do not know what he wants of zeref. does he seek to serve, or control? although i doubt that zeref, in a fight, could win. not in this dormant, redemptive state. he was koed by urtear after all.
i personally hope that they find a way to get urtear out of trouble in the end. i think if she claimed she was brainwashed, like she did to a certain amnesia, it may at least convince fairy tail to defend her. hell , she might actually have been brainwashed.
i am predicting rough weather after all of this. the council is actively seeking to destroy fairy tail, if secretly. what if they try to destroy them openly? oine way or another, even after this whole fiasco of a test, there is oging ot be hell to pay.

llamapie
August 06, 2011, 12:30 AM

Still convinced that the source of Hades' overwhelming power right now is his ship. Think about it. He hasn't stepped foot off of it yet. The cats will surely destroy the power source and Hades will be taken off guard. I really don't think natsu's power up will put him over but simply fill the gap.

ghostexiled
August 06, 2011, 12:45 AM
His ship may give him some kinda power boost... but I doubt it is his complete source of power.

He fought and owned Makrov on land...

http://i18.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/fairy-tail-1712137.jpg

plus, if you take his comment about dancing with magic "freely"... then that would mean he can be a badass anywhere. :)

I think the main reason FT is after the ship is to prevent Hades from leaving with Zeref.

Ifrit
August 06, 2011, 01:56 AM
His ship may give him some kinda power boost... but I doubt it is his complete source of power.

He fought and owned Makrov on land...

http://i18.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/fairy-tail-1712137.jpg

plus, if you take his comment about dancing with magic "freely"... then that would mean he can be a badass anywhere. :)

I think the main reason FT is after the ship is to prevent Hades from leaving with Zeref.

Agree. I don't know why some think HADES power is from the ship. The only reason to destroy the power source of this ship is to prevent it from moving bec Natsu motion sickness that what was said in the chapter if I recall. + prevent him from leaving with Zeref is another good reason but the Natsu sickness was the only one mentioned.

The only things to compare about Makarov Vs Hades & Luxus Vs Hades.

Makorov just couldn't lay a hand on HADES was totally owned has two weak points.

Shock from seeing his old master in a dark guild, and his health condition.

Like Ghost said Luxus did hit HADES but if read chapter again ..only physical attacks punching and kicks ( Luxus speed helped him to do that ) nothing to deal big damage to HADES.

NOTE : The idea of no Fairy Tail this Saturday is killing me. Mashima you can give all the power up u want for Natsu....just give me my weekly medicine of Fairy Tail. It's the thing I love about Saturday xD. can't wait.

sreee
August 06, 2011, 08:43 PM
Its not the first time Natsu ate Lightening. It was mentioned that natsu tried to eat lightening earlier, though it can be like food poisoning.

http://i10.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/106/fairy-tail-161994.jpg

The external magic, ( fire , lightening or etherion) is used to push the state of dragon slayer to his activated stage (dragon force like state). So he indeed is powerful

Apache2813
August 07, 2011, 06:45 PM
dunno but i'm really disappointed with all these *plotkais* why the heck is Natsu at it again... can't he lose... really??? it would be better if zeref just comes out of nowhere beating Hades to death... *sighs*

llamapie
August 07, 2011, 09:38 PM
Ok maybe I will clarify my theory some more. Basically I was referring to Hades' vitality. He has taken many hits and hasn't really shown any damage while on his ship. I think thats a benefit. So ya once the cats do their thing I think he will actually become vulnerable, but still a challenge.

Ifrit
August 08, 2011, 05:45 AM
Ok maybe I will clarify my theory some more. Basically I was referring to Hades' vitality. He has taken many hits and hasn't really shown any damage while on his ship. I think thats a benefit. So ya once the cats do their thing I think he will actually become vulnerable, but still a challenge.

might be. Because I agree with you on one thing ...HADES should be too old by now like 100 + years old. and it's not showing at all that he's really that old. Although I don't think any1 was able to do a major hit on HADES yet.

But the next chapter is gonna define the future of HADES I think unless he can actually beat Natsu.

Either way I don't think he's going out from it alive...or in jail....if I'm not mistaken there is a price you pay for using Lost Magic or using it too much...Didn't RustyRose said one of the reasons they want Zeref to remove the side effect from using the lost magic which is close from Abyss magic or something like that.

You saw what happen to Azuma for going all out with the lost magic.

kkck
August 08, 2011, 12:23 PM
Well, hades is attuned to the essense of magic and whatnot (which would explain the sheer speed behind his enormously complicated spells) so perhaps he is not vulnerable to the side effects of lost magic. I wonder if any of the spells hades has used so far can be considered lost magic though.

LoS
August 11, 2011, 03:09 AM
Since the chapter that is about to be released is following a holiday break I would say that we can reasonably get our hopes up for a possible Thursday at the earliest, or Friday release as opposed to the somewhat now standard early Saturday morning releases.

so in other words, keep your eyes peeled over the next day.

Quantized
August 11, 2011, 05:36 PM
Well, hades is attuned to the essense of magic and whatnot (which would explain the sheer speed behind his enormously complicated spells) so perhaps he is not vulnerable to the side effects of lost magic. I wonder if any of the spells hades has used so far can be considered lost magic though.

Makes me wonder of just how strong he is; I agree, it seemed like normal but powerful spells.. So what can Hades really do...? Considering he has found lost magic to all his members, it's fair to assume that he also uses lost magic..

Natsu getting a flame(lightning) certainly isn't what I had hoped for, sometimes the hero just have to stay on the ground for the greater good of the story instead of always raising up..
Damn it Laxus, don't be so weak..!

Maybe I'm just growing out of manga's like Fairy Tale and Naruto... I really don't want to see stories develop like this, where is the twists, developments intelligent fights etc..

I guess I'll see next week, I just don't want Natsu to brainlessly beat the crap out of Hades... I really like Fairy Tale, but this little detail is just meh..

White Silver King
August 12, 2011, 09:15 AM
Well, Hades taught each of the 7 Kin their respective Lost Magics so it's safe to assume he knows those as well, though I wouldn't care to see him reusing magic we've already seen (unless it's Arc of Time, I really like that magic). I wouldn't be surprised if he's a DS (he's got the viking look I've always associated with Dragon Slayers).

Quantized
August 12, 2011, 06:46 PM
Well, Hades taught each of the 7 Kin their respective Lost Magics so it's safe to assume he knows those as well, though I wouldn't care to see him reusing magic we've already seen (unless it's Arc of Time, I really like that magic). I wouldn't be surprised if he's a DS (he's got the viking look I've always associated with Dragon Slayers).

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what Hades got to show :)

Btw, anyone know why the chapter has not appeared yet..? It used to be out by now, and it was last week Fairy Tale had it's break.. no..?
or does it have a 2 weeks break with 21 days between the two chapters..? O.o

Bleach, Naruto, HxH, One Piece and others got break this week, but Fairy Tale was supposed to appear normally this week since it had it's break last week..

Kind of worried, where is it..?

Darjaille
August 13, 2011, 08:59 AM
When the chapter isn't out on Monday, then wonder what's happening. It's normal that we don't get chapter on Saturday.

Tho, I have to say after last week's break I'm anxious to read FT as well. I've been checking MS all day :D I hope it isn't all about Natsu fighting Hades.. I'm waiting for Zeref.

dirtywork
August 13, 2011, 10:52 AM
When the chapter isn't out on Monday, then wonder what's happening. It's normal that we don't get chapter on Saturday.

Tho, I have to say after last week's break I'm anxious to read FT as well. I've been checking MS all day :D I hope it isn't all about Natsu fighting Hades.. I'm waiting for Zeref.

yeah me too Zeref has kind of unknown ability he take Zankrow's life he said "acnologia" what kind of magic he use

Ifrit
August 13, 2011, 01:33 PM
yeah me too Zeref has kind of unknown ability he take Zankrow's life he said "acnologia" what kind of magic he use

We all reach to the point of...ok we seen soo many fights and actions already...now we are just curious about Zeref and Source of Magic...and what is this Acnologia thing that make the council that scared.

I hope the coming chapter will include more than the final fight HADES Vs Natsu. Unless we are going to see some HADES history and what make him be like the way he is now.

ghostexiled
August 13, 2011, 07:32 PM
Guys please don't post any agony comments... they will be deleted.

If there was any news as to when it will be out or where it is... it would be posted.

Please be patient till either the chapter comes out or there is news about it...

Thanks!