PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy.

Whiskey
July 30, 2011, 01:18 PM
I’m Whiskey. Hi. I was born in 1990, and since that time I have developed from a inconsequential, illiterate blob of infancy into someone fully capable of mastering time, space, and the written word. Oh, alright. I jest: I was never an infant. :B

Anyways, I’ve been lurking about the MH website for two or so years now. Finally, today, I was struck by the peculiar yearn to register and introduce myself to this eccentric community. Disturbing as it might be, I already know a handful of members by proxy of reading their topics/posts/whatever for so long. Such as my general agreement with bittman and his viewpoints within the OP forums, and that M3J is a creeper. :|

I’m pining after one of the world’s weirdest degrees: a bachelor’s in worldbuilding. I also study philosophy.

I enjoy writing, drawing, cooking, reading (fancy that), some gaming (mostly MMOs), and maintaining a large network of friends and emergency backup friends (in case I ever need hugs, couch space, or someplace to stash incriminating evidence).

One Piece is my favorite manga, with Soul Eater placing as a close second. I like some other stuff too, I guess.

Well, as some can probably tell, I stink at introductions. Sorry folks.

frush
July 30, 2011, 04:09 PM
Wow, philosophy, really. That's pretty rare these days as far as I know... cool. Somehow, I find that madly impressive.
Well, welcome to the community! Though, I should probably not be the person to welcome you here, since I've joined uh... not even a day ago?
Anyway, I admitt that I'm kind of like you in terms of joining e u e"

quaresma
July 30, 2011, 04:17 PM
Welcome ;)

Charlie
July 30, 2011, 04:52 PM
Welcome to mh Whiskey and Frush~~~` :party~~~

Its awesome to have another OP fan here at mh always :rawluffy,

so you should be posting in the One Piece section as well and it was a pretty nice introduction.

Check out the Arts and Stories (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/576-Art-Stories) section, since you have some of those interests, you'll probably like that section.

Oh and Check out the video game section (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/266-Video-Games) as well, since you like MMO's.

I lol'd at the bittman and m3j comments. :Haha

@ frush, welcome to mh as well~~~!

I invite you to say hello by making your own member thread in the members zone (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/935-Member-Zone), like Whiskey. ^^

Whiskey
July 30, 2011, 06:53 PM
Thank you guys for the welcome! ^w^

Yeah, philosophy isn’t that particularly popular, but it’s perfect for myself: I’m such a self-awareness junkie. I also find it incredibly useful for decision making purposes.

Nonsense, you seem pleasant enough to welcome anyone, Frush. :3

I plan to post in several places, so yeah, I’ll indulge myself with the community soon enough. By the way Charlie, that’s a very hot lovely Rai avatar you have there.

noblesse fan? :worship

Zeltrax
July 30, 2011, 07:48 PM
I don't know you but just reading your intro, I already like you :woo
Being different is good and philosophy..wow, that's pretty cool.
I don't read Soul Eater, what makes it enjoyable for you ?
I read One Piece and might be on the same level as an optard :lmao
and yeah, you should check out the video games section, for MMO, do you have a favourite?
I know it sounds childish and weird but I used to play maplestory :eyeroll

Anyway, welcome to mh, frush and whiskey! Being a member and posting while provoking and laughing at others
is alot of fun.

phio_chan
July 31, 2011, 09:57 AM
Welcome to Whiskey and frush! I hope you two enjoy your stay at MH. To Whiskey, I believe you would, since you've been lurking around for so long. Glad to see you finally registered and say hi to the community! (I started as a lurker too, you see. :3)

Ah, Noblesse! You seem to read that series, Don't forget to check the section for Noblesse and throw your theories about the series, okay? :derp

What other manhwa do you read? And do you also read manhua (Chinese comics)?

...and that M3J is a creeper. :|

:rofl Poor M3J.

Being a member and posting while [s]provoking and laughing at others is alot of fun.

especially at M3J Yeah, that is so true, so don't hesitate to hang out around with the other members here. ^__^

Whiskey
July 31, 2011, 11:00 AM
Noblesse? Hmm, I’ve read it, and every couple of months I’ll catch up with what’s been translated into English. It’s a very eye-catching manhwa. Raizel is drool-worthy and it’s humorous to watch him fail at utilizing modern technology, but it’s not really my cup of tea. To me at least, the world seems too small, too barren, and I’m underwhelmed by the plot. But it’s wonderful to see people - groups of people - appreciate it. Sorry, Charlie. ^ ^;;

Aww, shucks Zeltrax.

In truth, I loathed Soul Eater when I first picked it up: it was random and the high level of fan-service irritated the snot out of me. I put it down after five chapters, however the series recaptured my interest with the release of its animated depiction. I began to adore it. Well, until the story broke away from its manga counterpart and the antagonist (the face-ripping, sealed in a sack of his very flesh, antagonist) was defeated by that love and courage mumbo-jumbo. I picked up the manga once again, trudged through the fan-service that littered the first several chapters, and caught up with the present storyline.

I enjoy its excellent balance between dark subjects and humor. I also find its plot becoming progressively more interesting with layers of depth, and its actions scenes are stellar. Plus some of its Lovecraftian influences make my nerdy little heart flutter.

I know it’s not for everyone, but I love Soul Eater. <3

Hey-o Phio_Chan! Can’t say I’ve looked at any manhua, and my reading list of manhwa and quite puny. But I’ve read a couple: Chocolat, The Bride of the Water God, Goong, Dangu, among a few others.

Again, thank you all for the kind welcome!

edit: Oh geez. I can be such a twit at times. As for MMOs I used to play World of Warcraft. A lot. But nowadays I typically mess around on Lord of the Rings Online, and even if it's not an MMO, I play Team Fortress2 a few times a week. > > ;;

Charlie
July 31, 2011, 02:30 PM
Noblesse? Hmm, I’ve read it, and every couple of months I’ll catch up with what’s been translated into English. It’s a very eye-catching manhwa. Raizel is drool-worthy and it’s humorous to watch him fail at utilizing modern technology, but it’s not really my cup of tea. To me at least, the world seems too small, too barren, and I’m underwhelmed by the plot. But it’s wonderful to see people - groups of people - appreciate it. Sorry, Charlie. ^ ^;;

Np - how far are you currently in the reading?

M3J
August 01, 2011, 12:42 AM
1) What's wrong with being a creeper?

2) I'm a safe creeper. I won't do anything bad, and I'm a nice guy. That just gets overlooked by my immaturity and raunchy jokes. :|

3) Welcome to the site.

4) Your font size is freakin' hard to read.

phio_chan
August 01, 2011, 09:02 AM
Hey-o Phio_Chan! Can’t say I’ve looked at any manhua, and my reading list of manhwa and quite puny. But I’ve read a couple: Chocolat, The Bride of the Water God, Goong, Dangu, among a few others.

Oo, Bride of the Water God. It's a depressing story to me. Too much sadness and hatred compared to the happiness. But I'm still following it. XD As for Goong, I think I only saw few episodes of its drama on the TV. XD

Do you watch Asian dramas, I wonder?

Whiskey
August 01, 2011, 09:03 AM
@Charlie: Well, with all this Noblesse discussion I caught myself up to chapter 195 (which I think is the current translated/released issue) last evening. I kind of feel sorry for The Lord. Additionally, I’m so flipping happy chapters are no longer like five pages long anymore.

Thanks for the welcome M3J (I was joking previously, and I apologize if you took it badly). :B

Ah, I suppose you’re right, thus it’s been adjusted to the standard style. It’s a very difficult habit to break, as I was an RPer and female roleplayers are notorious for tiny or pretty fonts. x3 But for the sake of others eyesight, I will deal with it.

edit: Haha, I can't say I do Phio. It reminds me too much of my mother watching stuff like General Hospital. > > ;;

M3J
August 01, 2011, 12:10 PM
No need to apologize, I'm one of the most prolific and notorious jokers... amongst my staff colleagues, at the least. Joke away all you want. :P

Thanks! <3

Who's your favorite OP character?

Whiskey
August 02, 2011, 02:22 PM
Oh, I totally will!

I absolutely adore the brother trio: Ace, Sabo, and Luffy. I was heartbroken when Ace, my personal favorite of the series, died. But as a form of condolence, I’m forcing myself to believe that Sabo will make a reappearance. Delusional thinking or not, that’s what makes me feel happy.

To me, One Piece has a plethora of likeable characters: Garp, Kaku, Law, Marco, Robin, even Blackbeard (just to name a limited few). In truth, there are only a handful of characters I actually dislike.

M3J
August 02, 2011, 10:02 PM
Just a warning, if I ever feel comfortable around you, I will joke back with you. :> PREPARE YOURSELVES! HARHARHAR!

I think Sabo is alive as well and with Dragon. He most likely will make a reappearance, especially since Oda rarely kills characters. Who's your next favorite? And to be honest, Going Merry's death was sadder to me than Ace's. I only cried at Ace's death because of Luffy, his reaction, and the flashback.

Who do you dislike? :O I'm shocked you didn't say Zoro since he has great work ethics. :lmao

Also, what other sections do you post in?