PDA

View Full Version : Hummingbird is in da Hizee!

Hummingbird
August 03, 2011, 10:51 PM
Hello! Don't let the "ghetto speak" fool you I am a girl.

I am Hummingbird, where'd my name come from you ask? Ohoho that would be Deadman Wonderland. If you haven't read it, do so it's very awesome <3

More of my favourite manga include (but is not limited to and is really only the names that pop into my head) Eyeshield21, Liar Game, Skip Beat, Angel Sanctuary, Naruto, Battle Angel Alita (hurry up with that movie James Cameron!), Saiyuki, Detective Conan, Fullmetal Alchemist, Parfait Tic, Gakuen Alice.

I love watching Satoshi Kon (RIP) movies and anime. I'm currently watching Paranoia Agent, the opening theme is stuck in my head :-_-

I'm a big video game nerd I currently work at a game development company, so I get to claim that shizz back on tax yo! Booyah!

Is it normal to randomly throw in "ghetto speak" you enquire? It is for me, so we'll leave it at that <3

Ush
August 03, 2011, 11:22 PM
What's good in the hood homie?

Haha, since you posted in my thread I'd thought I'd post in yours too :) ES21, Liar Game and FMA.. pretty good taste if I do say so myself :)

What game development company do you work for? I'm curious, because that's pretty frickin cool!

Charlie
August 03, 2011, 11:49 PM
Welcome to MH Hummingbird ~~ :party

We have some Aussies here on staff as well on-top fellow members.

Iceiphoenix (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/member.php/128553-Iceiphoenix)
Queenofmuffins (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/member.php/63774-Queenofmuffins)

I think you'll fit in well here. Since you're into games, be sure to check out the Video game section (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/266-Video-Games) and Fun Forums (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/40-Fun-Forum) as it has the Minority Rule (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/55354-Minority-Rule) game and Mafia game as well some others in there to play. Maybe you can revive the Minority Rule thread there. :p

The General Entertainment (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/102-General-Entertainment) section is the place to be to discuss your fav shows / movies.

M3J
August 04, 2011, 01:16 AM
Did you read the whole DC series or did you skip some? Detective Conan is too dman long with repetition. <_< I had to skip some.

Who's your favorite character in DC, Naruto, and FMA?

yukihime03
August 04, 2011, 01:23 AM
Hi, Hummingbird!
I spot something along the long list there: Skip Beat. :)
Do you watch the anime too or you just read the manga?

phio_chan
August 04, 2011, 01:30 AM
Hi there, Hummingbird! Nice to met'cha. Welcome to MH. :confetti

Working in game development company? That's awesome. Do you design game or code game or what? XD

Hummingbird
August 04, 2011, 01:45 AM
Ush I work for THQ have you heard of them? They are mainly known for Darksiders, Red Faction, Wrestling games. Though I didn't work on those. I worked on de Blob. It was a game on the wii it's sequel which came out sort of recently is out of all consoles though :)

Charlie I joined Minority rule, it sounds fun :)

M3J I'm pretty sure I've probably skipped some lol. I want it to go somewhere! When's Shinichi going to chase down the antidote he needs to become a teen again geez! Haha. Hmm my favourite character DC is Shinichi (though we rarely see him now *sigh* except for you know when's he's Conan...) in Naruto I'm a huge fan of Gaara and of course Naruto. And FMA I loooooove Greed, I really liked Al as well.

Yukihime03 I love Skip Beat, asides from Eyeshield 21 it's the only series I collect <3 The Anime was alright I hope they do another season :3 And I hope Sho makes an appearance again soon in the manga!

Phio_chan My eyesight is so bad I stared at your name trying to figure out whether it said Phlo or Phio >.< I am definitely not coder! Haha, my brain cannot get it's head around coding. At the moment I'm a tester but I want to get into the art field. Either 3D modelling or drawing. Still working on that though! One day!

Ush
August 04, 2011, 02:02 AM
Of course I've heard of THQ, that's a pretty big name! I was making the assumption you might have been helping out with some indie projects or something, seems like you have it pretty good!

M3J
August 04, 2011, 02:08 AM
There are some chapters that are actually good though, like Conan and that FBI vs. Vermouth or whole of FBI including Akai and Conan vs. Black Organization. I don't know when he'll chase 'em, but it'll probably take a while. Milking series ftl. :<

Conan is still Shinichi though, just more chibi. ;x

What version of Greed? :o How do you feel about Roy and Riza being together?

yukihime03
August 04, 2011, 02:14 AM
Yukihime03 I love Skip Beat, asides from Eyeshield 21 it's the only series I collect <3 The Anime was alright I hope they do another season :3 And I hope Sho makes an appearance again soon in the manga!

Yey~ Another Skip Beat lover. :D
I'm hoping for another season to...
You like Sho? o.O

And you can call phio-cahn anything you want. Even phlo is okay. XD

M3J
August 04, 2011, 02:19 AM
oh oh, what gaming consoles do you have?!

Hummingbird
August 04, 2011, 02:53 AM
M3J Allllll versions of him (without being too spoilery haha) I love his personality so whatever he brought to the table I loved him. The first form we see him in was pretty cool, that's probably his best looking. Such good character development. I have PSOne, PS2, PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS, PSP :) I still have my SNES and gameboy colour too, but I don't touch those haha.

Yukihime03 You don't like Sho? I love him he brings that love triangle goodness to the table, muahahaha, interactions between him and Ren are always wonderful and hilarious. How can I not. Of course I don't want him to get Kyoko but I'd love a realisation of feelings from him. That Angel music video arc (oh have you read the manga?) was... divine hehe. And the school girl preparing for dark moon arc thingie between Ren and Kyoko still makes me sigh heavily <3 x 100

Snes for the win. Meh who needs to put in cd roms to play game.... :worship

BakaHaze
August 04, 2011, 03:13 AM
Charlie you bastard you forgot meeeeee :crying WHyyyy

Anyways, Hummingbird welcome to Mangahelpers and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

THQ? :wtf

I did say along with fellow members, that includes you via proxy. :(

phio_chan
August 04, 2011, 08:09 AM
Phio_chan My eyesight is so bad I stared at your name trying to figure out whether it said Phlo or Phio >.< I am definitely not coder! Haha, my brain cannot get it's head around coding. At the moment I'm a tester but I want to get into the art field. Either 3D modelling or drawing. Still working on that though! One day!

:rofl I think zooming the site would make you read my user name easier? No one ever had trouble reading my user name before... But sorry if my user name made you have to spend more than few seconds to figure what it actually is. XD

I'm very sorry if I say I have never heard of THQ before. What games are you guys working on? :worrybunny

Is tester like, you try to play the game before it's actually released to know errors and such?
Oh, art field. That's so awesome. Did you study drawing before, at college or courses or maybe even self-teacihng? :)

And you can call phio-cahn anything you want. Even phlo is okay. XD

:-_-

Iceiphoenix
August 04, 2011, 08:32 AM
'ello there, Hummingbird~ :amuse

Another Victorian? I love you already. :wtf (HAH, NSW-ERS! :pwnge [Yes, I'm talking to you, Haze.])

Anyway, welcome to MH! It's great that you've created a thread here in the MZ. :) You'll be under my rule... and if you go to the General Category, you'll still be under my rule. :derp

Hmm... E21 and FMA? HELLZ YEAH! :hi5 Have you been reading Arakawa's new series?

(Btw... may I ask where in Vic you're from? :) Melb? Mornington Peninsular? (<- Like our other MZ and GC mod, Queenofmuffins) East? West? North-east? North-west? South-east? South-west?) :?bunny

yukihime03
August 04, 2011, 09:52 AM
Yukihime03 You don't like Sho? I love him he brings that love triangle goodness to the table, muahahaha, interactions between him and Ren are always wonderful and hilarious. How can I not. Of course I don't want him to get Kyoko but I'd love a realisation of feelings from him. That Angel music video arc (oh have you read the manga?) was... divine hehe. And the school girl preparing for dark moon arc thingie between Ren and Kyoko still makes me sigh heavily <3 x 100

Emm, no. But indeed he's the one who makes it all interesting. And yeah, I read the manga too. But now, it has entered a new arc, right? And it goes slooooooooow. =__=

Hummingbird
August 04, 2011, 08:24 PM
BakaHaze Ah cool where in Oz are you? If you walked into EB Games you would definitely see a THQ logo somewhere.

phio_chan I think it's just my monitor at home, my one at work is much crisper. I can't reveal what titles we are working on currently but we just finished de Blob2. Here's a random video that just makes me laugh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu13ZA5Eavg A tester is someone that tests the build from pre-production all the way to the shipping date (and sometimes after as well >.>) so we test the game every day through its development and we monitor any gameplay issues, bugs and crashes. And yep I did a Digital Art course at Uni that was aimed solely at Game development :) Though really uni = self taught in my opinion haha.

Iceiphoenix Ah! You are reading ST&RS as well, what's your opinion? You cannot control me!!! *runs away* And no I haven't read Arakawa's new manga what is it about? Maybe I will check it out.

I am in the Melbourne CBD :) Though I originated from the western suburbs :) What about you?

yukihime03 Yeah the new brother sister arc is a bit meh >.> but Kyoko's heart/box is having reactions to Ren so I hope that's going somewhere...

My Catherine arrived in the mail today, I am so excited to play it XD <3

M3J
August 04, 2011, 08:37 PM
M3J Allllll versions of him (without being too spoilery haha) I love his personality so whatever he brought to the table I loved him. The first form we see him in was pretty cool, that's probably his best looking. Such good character development. I have PSOne, PS2, PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS, PSP :) I still have my SNES and gameboy colour too, but I don't touch those haha.
If Greed fought Edward in your bed, who do you think would win? :o

PS3! Let's add each other on PSN! What games do you have and what do you play? Gameboy Color was epic, so was SNES. DONKEY KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!11 :spaz

Edit: wtf? We have a spaz smiley? And it looks this horrible?

Hummingbird
August 04, 2011, 08:52 PM
M3J Lol a fight in my bed hmmm... ah Greed for sure :P My Username on PSN is Laluune. I don't have internet at home at the moment so it will prob be a month before I add you back >.< Donkey Kong on Wii is my favourite Wii game, it was just awesome! Played co-op with my boyfriend and we have almost achieved 100% (it's way harder co-op than 1p as well)

M3J
August 04, 2011, 09:28 PM
Lemme know when you get internet. \o What games for PS3 do you play?

Ah, I see. How long did it take you to get used to the controls, and is your boyfriend that good at video games/Donkey Kong? It was so different from what I remember, but it was good as well. Kept dying in the first stage though since I wasn't used to it and all and got too impatient. <_< You ever played Mario?

yukihime03
August 05, 2011, 01:09 AM
yukihime03 Yeah the new brother sister arc is a bit meh >.> but Kyoko's heart/box is having reactions to Ren so I hope that's going somewhere...

Yep. I definitely hope their relationship will progress... :p

phio_chan
August 05, 2011, 05:55 AM
phio_chan I think it's just my monitor at home, my one at work is much crisper. I can't reveal what titles we are working on currently but we just finished de Blob2. Here's a random video that just makes me laugh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu13ZA5Eavg A tester is someone that tests the build from pre-production all the way to the shipping date (and sometimes after as well >.>) so we test the game every day through its development and we monitor any gameplay issues, bugs and crashes. And yep I did a Digital Art course at Uni that was aimed solely at Game development :) Though really uni = self taught in my opinion haha.

Okay~ LOL, that video is cute. :3
Hoo, I see. And you're right about uni = self-teaching. I feel it too now, and it just made me :fail. =___=

BakaHaze
August 05, 2011, 06:20 AM
Pft, Victorians. I have Murasakii....

:crying