PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 247 Discussion

3c
August 14, 2011, 05:24 AM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule: Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released. For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release. Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars. Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section. The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.Spoiler Pics and Translations: At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers. This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured. Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages. Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread. Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.For-Profit Download Links If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post. Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules. Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice. Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement. *.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*Formatting: We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.
You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/71780-Fairy-Tail-246-Discussion-247-Predictions) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Any time between 00:01 Sunday and 23:59 Tuesday release. (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

saladesu
August 20, 2011, 03:36 AM
New chapter's out at MangaStream :amuse

*goes to read*

Ifrit
August 20, 2011, 03:56 AM
hahahha....like I said before :

QUOTE : So Close By: Lucy is close from Natsu...I still don't know what she meant she had a big role in this ARC ( Unless finding the grave that her big part). you guys don't forget what Lissana told Lucy before all this fight ( Natsu get stronger when his friends is close to him. I think there is more power up coming to Natsu

Ero-Sanji
August 20, 2011, 04:01 AM
That was one nasty cliff hanger of a pretty empty chapter...

I'm pretty amazed of how much Lucy actually knows about the world of magic, I'm more interested in her mother now than in this arc. That has fallen into a very strange situation. When is Mashima going to decide whether they are out of magic or not? Hades better not be taken down by that or I'll be even more disappointed, if that's even possible.

However, I loved Hades in the chapter and the Zeref spells are crazy. Turning rubble into beasts is a very versatile and powerful technique, it's understandable that Makarov lost so miserable to Hades. I really wonder if they will succeed in defeating him, which in my opinion is quite good.

Ifrit
August 20, 2011, 04:20 AM
That was one nasty cliff hanger of a pretty empty chapter...

I'm pretty amazed of how much Lucy actually knows about the world of magic, I'm more interested in her mother now than in this arc. That has fallen into a very strange situation. When is Mashima going to decide whether they are out of magic or not? Hades better not be taken down by that or I'll be even more disappointed, if that's even possible.

However, I loved Hades in the chapter and the Zeref spells are crazy. Turning rubble into beasts is a very versatile and powerful technique, it's understandable that Makarov lost so miserable to Hades. I really wonder if they will succeed in defeating him, which in my opinion is quite good.

Yeah he will be defeated by that , because Zeref is not awake yet...so HADES lost magic of summon demons is not perfect just like Ultear Arc of time ^_^

The only thing I don't understand is the explosion what cause that ?

If it's caused by Natsu attack then HADES is out !!! and DAWN AT TENROU ISLAND means that is it FAIRY TAIL WON.

But HADES defeat will be more linked for what the Exceeds are going to do more than Natsu I think. maybe the explosion came from there.

Darjaille
August 20, 2011, 05:30 AM
"Mama?"
*HUG* :wtf

Lily's sword (once again Rave? XD)

______

It WAS a cheesy chapter. It defies what was said before, but that's power of nakama love I guess and I won't complain anymore because this is Fairy Tail, this it he main theme of FT and when I don't look for more, I enjoy chapters. Yup, I did like this one :vbunny

BTW, the end, I am pretty sure the ship's blown up because cats destroyed that thing.
Next chapter is end of Hades era (or at last, for this arc) and start of Zeref.

saya1987
August 20, 2011, 05:41 AM
Well, may be Hades wouldn't be defeated by anyone and just get consumed by darkness and disintegrate/disappear and we'll have a very cliche ending to this arc.

Anyway, the title of the next chapter seems to suggest that battle will be over ( or soon). It's dawn!

As for layla, I like how much she knew about the one and only source of magic. What kind of mage was she before she quit? Ordinary mages wouldn't have known that much. I'm keen to know more about layla's past-her guild(i'm guessing tartaros.)

Overall, it's a nice chapter but a really horrible cliffhanger.

ScottH87
August 20, 2011, 05:42 AM
I can see alot of people raging at this chapter, but personally I liked it.

Lily getting a sword makes him relevent to fights again (by his own admission he's stronger with a sword) and the fact that it's a sword that changes size means he'll be carrying it in his baby form. Also I liked the Rave reference.

Lily strocking his chin saying "Grimoire Heart" means that its not a dragon, its an actual heart. Sorry guys.

Lucy is about to reveal something about the Magic of One which will reveal to be Hades downfall.

My guess is that the explosion is from Hades, but the power of friendship will have saved the good guys again.

Awesome cliffhanger can't wait for next week already!

zelllogan
August 20, 2011, 05:47 AM
The power of friends ... yeah, we are back in the 80ties. Next chapter, I predict that Grey will shout "SAOOOOOOORIIII" & Natsu will use "pegasu ryu seiken". A whole chapter for that ... I can't believe it.

I'm now thinking about dropping this manga.

Darjaille
August 20, 2011, 06:05 AM
And forgot to add... Yatta!!! We are finally getting onto Layla topic! That's the thing I'm interested the most.. Or it's the thing I'm only interested?
Anyway, I just hope more info will be revealed soon...

Ifrit
August 20, 2011, 06:43 AM
And forgot to add... Yatta!!! We are finally getting onto Layla topic! That's the thing I'm interested the most.. Or it's the thing I'm only interested?
Anyway, I just hope more info will be revealed soon...

I think Lucy's mother is linked somehow to Zeref ...I really can't wait for a face to face meeting Zeref+Lucy just to see if Zeref will actually recognize the resemblance between Lucy & her mother.

And if Layla was really powerful mage...powerful enough to be the one who sealed Zeref.

I doubt that tho because from what Zeref said....it looks like he don't need keys or he's not trapped or sealed he can awake anytime he wants.

jupzter
August 20, 2011, 06:43 AM
wow wtf happen there i mean a magic less natsu is nothing we saw that in Edolas Arc and one of his strongest combo lighting flame attack didn't do much damage to Hades and now this... He juz gonna catapult punch Hades or whatever that attack is very lame chapter for me...

sarutobi_sensei
August 20, 2011, 07:00 AM
Okkkk sooo, the cats found something, apparently some kind of heart thingy? that is giving the ship it's power, and possibly it's giving Hades power as well.

Lily found something like his Buster Mam and it's called Musica. Nice xD It apparently grows on how much Magical Power the user has/is using. So if Lily returns to his small form, it's going to change size again to a toy-like weapon.

They're out of magic alright, Natsu can't even stand on his feet, Lucy and Wendy had to send him and Gray and Erza had to kick him.

Lucy heard about this from her mother? WOW Layla keeps on being mentioned on this arc, wanna bet that Lucy will end up being kidnapped this arc? Not like on the 1st time where it was about money, but this time about knowledge.

I wonder if Zeref will go to the ship or not. I want him to go...

The explosion on the final page to me is because of the cats and not because of Natsu punching Hades. Sure he made a little flame, but imo it wasn't enough to make that explosion. Now with the explosion, he'll suck up some fire, Hades will be fairly weak because of what the cats destroyed, and then something else will happen.

LoS
August 20, 2011, 08:50 AM
Pretty bare and dry chapter, nothing really too exciting, more problems with the writing than positives though.

So it isn't a dragon, but could be the heart of a dragon with living link magic supplying all the power.
We see yet again Lucy out of no where having some knowledge of super advanced magic via her Mother who has been linked to some of the most mysterious storylines in this manga
Lilly getting a sword doesn't really do anything for me, the guy isn't on the level of the others and seeing him fight really has no meaning it is simply to show a cat fighting humans
I guess we now have the answer to how Zeref was said to raise countless demons 400 years ago.
And the biggest reveal was that we finally get to see what Hades wants Zeref for, that and it clearly spells out that Hades for all the power we have seen from him isn't as strong as an awakened Zeref.

I am really getting tired of Natsu aka Superman. The guy is completely worn out/exhausted physically and power wise yet he can gain infinite strength through friendship. Shaking my freaking head. Just become a joke really.

matzik1212
August 20, 2011, 09:03 AM
i didn't like the chapter so much .......it was kinda disappointing IMO , i'm really bored to see this 'no matter what we won't give up' thing but anyway this is like a signature of mashima sensei so we have to bear it :D

now i'm curious to see what is that thing the cats found on the ship ....it looks it isn't a dragon like how some of us thought last week so i'm waiting to see what it is :)

exacta
August 20, 2011, 09:22 AM
I didn't like this chapter either......Lily getting a sword back is interesting, but I really don't want to see him fight fodder for 4 pages, even if its full of Rave easter eggs( granted I don't like Rave).

Hades attack looked cool at first, but then when those demons actually "fought" they just turn into more energy beams......how do they all manage to miss Natsu and everyone?

And Natsu really needs to shut up. That speech was his corniest yet. You acknowledge that your afraid of the demons, so because of that you can become stronger right on the spot? Really? REALLY? That doesn't even make sense! Seriously, what emotion doesn't turn into a powerup for this guy???? Gildartz told you to retreat when your facing an enemy that completely outclasses you. This is the THIRD TIME this arc that Natsu flipped the bird again at Gildartz's epic speech. It's really bad storywriting........what was the point of that epic moment if Natsu always does the complete opposite of what Gildartz told him in that scene, despite the fact he was even able to make Natsu cry.

Natsu just said last chapter that he didn't even have the strength to move, yet he has no problems now. How can this kid take so much more damage than characters that are much stronger than him like Makarov and Luxus?? And shouldn't all of the GH members be helping Hades fight if the enemies are right in the airship?? I know they are weak and just fodder, but FT is blowing up your airship for christ's sake, I was under the impression only Hades was left.

1337 haxor
August 20, 2011, 09:31 AM
Ok, chapter was so so.

It was much show of and little action, the throw Natsu like a missile attack has already became too repetitive.

On the good side we have:

-Layla is still one freaking misterious person
-Hades's demons are very cool.
-The ship's heart is probably the book of Zeref or maybe his keys.

Hades told he already had all the keys in his possession and I think he placed them inside the book of Grimmoire which was the original evil source that made him start his guild.

Next chapter the cats probably exploded the ship by chance and Natsu's puch will get to Hades.

Because his control rods have been destroyed Hades will lose grip of Zeref's magic and get consumed in darkness.

Everyone will sheer their victory only to discover that Zeref had set them up the bomb.

Lectro Volpi
August 20, 2011, 10:34 AM
I will never be impressed by the "Summon a bunch of demons/monster/soldiers out of dust" jutsu and less in a Shounen where numbers mean nothing, Hades lacks genre savvy characteristic ("I will show you true despair!" an "behold my army of demons!" indicates how much of a smart villain he is).

I still worry about his defeat (if he is defeated), with GH being the strongest of the Ballam Alliance (Levy is a trusted source right?) and the fact that I doubt Ivan's power (I trust his wits).

Ah! Rave reference with music note and all, ha!

ShoobyDooBop
August 20, 2011, 11:25 AM
They don't have any magic power left but yeah, we are not alone, let's charge in and hope for an asspull win?

When someone tells you to use fear to recognize your weaknesses and make you grow stronger, they mean for you to overcome those weakness by countless days of reflecting on them and training to compensate for or remove them. Not that being scared literally makes you fucking stronger >:O

RaveDragon
August 20, 2011, 12:10 PM
when i read 246 (i gave some time but couldnt resist anymore) I was like no natsu's won? but thank goodness hades got back up xD
I liked Lily with the new sword he must feel better now in fighting xD i did like Rave nothing out of the world but okay as a manga sweet and with a good enopugh plot so the musica reference made me smile.
How cute Natsu and lucys hug =3

i did like the teamwork display and hope if they pull an impossible move at least they will do it together like a gruop unision raid or something.

What i got from this chapter;

1-layla is not only mysterious but probably imp as a character and im sure she has to do something with the main plot
1.1- this is killing me how she pops up every so often and gets more mysterious ><
2- I think finally Zeref comes in next chapter
3- what the exheed saw is probably the 'key' to revive him and its alive so is it a human or maybe a dragon? then which or who?

All in all i think we got some good chapters coming ^^

Krono
August 20, 2011, 01:16 PM
Lucy is close from Natsu...I still don't know what she meant she had a big role in this ARC ( Unless finding the grave that her big part).

You probably have no idea what she meant by "big role" because she never actually said that in either of the translations available:

http://www.mangareader.net/135-57514-19/fairy-tail/chapter-201.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c201/19.html

We see yet again Lucy out of no where having some knowledge of super advanced magic via her Mother who has been linked to some of the most mysterious storylines in this manga

Out of no where? We learned in the coke special that her mother told her a bunch of stories when she was little, and we learned this arc that her mother worked as a wizard for a while so those stories could easily include a tale of the origin of magic. Beyond that, she's the only one of the group that was taught magic by a proper tutor, both as a kid, and as a teenager. The rest arrived at the guild with some sort of starting point, and learn about how to use magic by going on on missions and beating up things to hone their skill. If one of them has read some children's book or a history book talking about the origin of magic, it's most likely to be her. Finally, she's the one that identified Lullaby:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v02/c012/18.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v02/c012/19.html

She read about it in a book, but thought it was just a made up story. Which makes it sound as though she thought it was part of something like a children's fairy tale, the sort of thing that parents tell to children as bedtime stories.

That's hardly what I'd call "out of no where." She's the one of them with the most chance/inclination to read and she's clearly heard or read a number of tales in the past. That something she though as just a myth would be related to whatever Hades searched out would not be that unusual.

Lilly getting a sword doesn't really do anything for me, the guy isn't on the level of the others and seeing him fight really has no meaning it is simply to show a cat fighting humans

I would remind you that he gave Gajeel quite a good fight which means that he isn't exactly a slouch. It also does a couple of other things beyond showing a cat fighting humans. It 1) gets Pantherlily a replacement for the sword that Gajeel destroyed, which is something he direly needed when fighting Azuma and might have let him actually wound Azuma. He'll also likely be needing it again in the future; and 2) establishes that yes, Grimoire Heart does have combat worthy fodder left on the island, which further justifies the decision to leave Fried, Bixlow, Levy, and Lisanna to protect and care for the wounded rather than drag every able body out to face Hades leaving the wounded unconscious and defenseless.

Gildartz told you to retreat when your facing an enemy that completely outclasses you. This is the THIRD TIME this arc that Natsu flipped the bird again at Gildartz's epic speech. It's really bad storywriting........what was the point of that epic moment if Natsu always does the complete opposite of what Gildartz told him in that scene, despite the fact he was even able to make Natsu cry.

Which epic speech? The one in your head where Gildartz told him to run away screaming and crying for mommy like a little kid, from anyone that was possibly stronger than him? Or the one Gildartz actually gave:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c206/10.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c206/11.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c206/17.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c206/18.html

where he pretty much praised both Natsu's courage to stand against him, his bravery for backing down, and was ambiguous beyond that other than that fear would let him know his weakness, and knowing his weakness would enable him to become strong.

How can this kid take so much more damage than characters that are much stronger than him like Makarov and Luxus??

Dragon's constitution. Remember? The part of his magic that lets you stick a gun in his mouth, pull the trigger, and all it does is stun him for a minute or two and make him go, 'that hurt'?

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v10/c076/7.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v10/c077/11.html

And shouldn't all of the GH members be helping Hades fight if the enemies are right in the airship?? I know they are weak and just fodder, but FT is blowing up your airship for christ's sake, I was under the impression only Hades was left.

They're guarding a critical part of the ship from intruders, instead of getting in their master's way and ruining his fun. Sounds about right to me. I'm not sure why you thought for certain that Hades was the only one left. Scores of GH grunts were scattered over the island. Not all of them had to have been sent with Caprico, or immediately found and fought with Fairy Tail. Some could easily have been left behind to crew the ship and keep it from crashing while Hades fought Makarov, and some like the ones we saw Levy and Gajeel hiding from could still be roaming the island or have returned to the ship. Then of course there's the question of where the ones Caprico dismissed went.

On a more general note, for those that have forgotten, or just never noticed in the first place, the book of Zeref has been mentioned before:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v03/c021/3.html

omegakai
August 20, 2011, 02:26 PM
I think the point of gildartz speech was to teach natsu that some people will be more powerful that you and you should not throw your life away needlessly against an enemy. its the lesson luffy in one piece learned when he had to take on kizaru and the pacifista at the same time and was force to flee. what he was saying to him was the remember the fear that cause you and learn to over come it by training and be coming strong, not feel fear then run in and try to fight the enemy like an idiot.

Also i have to say this manga is called fairy tail and it has only been focusing on natsu i think other character deserve a turn to show what they can do instead of giving natsu random power up ever fight. I expected to see gildartz and luxas fight seriously but the fight was basically bullshit; natsu got a power up from laxus when it was already said earlier that eating luxas's lightning made him sick when he first tried to do it. Also i bet more than likely natsu will be eating the fire from that explosion to fight hades.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Dragon's constitution. Remember? The part of his magic that lets you stick a gun in his mouth, pull the trigger, and all it does is stun him for a minute or two and make him go, 'that hurt'?

That still make no sense because gajeel has metal dragon constitution and even he has a limit to the amount of damage he take before he is force to stop fighting, the simple reason he can still stand is called horrible writing simple and plain.

senewe
August 20, 2011, 03:15 PM
Well we can't really complain about the flow of this series. The way Mashima developing his series for me is rather unique. I don't know about you guys but for me, the beginning of new arc in FT have always hyped me up so much. I can go like ''seriously this chap is way better then the rest'', but then it gradually decrease towards the end of the arc. When majority of series would supposedly get more votes when it's approaching the end of the arc, FT is different case. It gets more votes in the beginning of new arc. Unique isn't it??!!.....

liductan
August 20, 2011, 03:27 PM
I liked this chapter better than the previous because I didn't have to watch natsu try to beat hades. Natsu speech was very annoying, I really hope Natsu didn't cause any damage to Hades, if he does then I will seriously consider dropping the manga. I don't like reading repetitive things, please give lucy a spotlight in the next chapters coming up.

omegakai
August 20, 2011, 03:49 PM
Well we can't really complain about the flow of this series. The way Mashima developing his series for me is rather unique. I don't know about you guys but for me, the beginning of new arc in FT have always hyped me up so much. I can go like ''seriously this chap is way better then the rest'', but then it gradually decrease towards the end of the arc. When majority of series would supposedly get more votes when it's approaching the end of the arc, FT is different case. It gets more votes in the beginning of new arc. Unique isn't it??!!.....

that cool but at the same time it is more important to finish strong than it is to begin strong. if you lose the effect as the arc develops it kinda makes it pointless to continue reading

wooticus
August 20, 2011, 03:56 PM
i really have mixed feelings about this chapter. so hades actually tried to reawaken zeref to get control of his very own magic? quite interesting.. but i was quite disappointed by the nakama twist this time. I just hoped for zeref to appear calling hades an imposter and showing him the real deal.

But well... so again natsus answer to gildarts statement about him having to feel fear is that there is no fear at all if you have friends.

i'm still curious about that "grimoire heart" thing.

well a grimoire is some kind of evil spellbook of magic and grimoire heart could refer to the heart of magic.. the thing GH is looking for, but on the other side.. maybe the ship is powered by a dragons heart... zerefs heart?

No, totally different. The lost magic Hades obtained made it possible for him, to take out his own heart. That step made his body invincible and incredible powerful and gave him the ability to cast each kind of magic.

omegakai
August 20, 2011, 04:26 PM
i really have mixed feelings about this chapter. so hades actually tried to reawaken zeref to get control of his very own magic? quite interesting.. but i was quite disappointed by the nakama twist this time. I just hoped for zeref to appear calling hades an imposter and showing him the real deal.

But well... so again natsus answer to gildarts statement about him having to feel fear is that there is no fear at all if you have friends.

i'm still curious about that "grimoire heart" thing.

well a grimoire is some kind of evil spellbook of magic and grimoire heart could refer to the heart of magic.. the thing GH is looking for, but on the other side.. maybe the ship is powered by a dragons heart... zerefs heart?

No, totally different. The lost magic Hades obtained made it possible for him, to take out his own heart. That step made his body invincible and incredible powerful and gave him the ability to cast each kind of magic.
or zeref is a combination of all the dragon and he still has igneel memories and thats why he knows natsu

Zehahaha
August 20, 2011, 05:54 PM
This chapter is a troll or Mashima thinks that we're dumb...
Just how many time that goddamn Natsu stood up and said the same speech again and again. Yeah we get it Fairy Tail are strong because of their bonds bla bla bla... Sometimes, I just want someone to come and kill that Natsu and say " stfu ".

Oh and by the way, just learned that Natsu have an amazing skill called " How to evade a powerful attack while having no magical powers left ", that guy must have a Sharingan somewhere.

I'm done with Fairy Tail.

exacta
August 20, 2011, 06:02 PM
Which epic speech? The one in your head where Gildartz told him to run away screaming and crying for mommy like a little kid, from anyone that was possibly stronger than him? Or the one Gildartz actually gave:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c206/10.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c206/11.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c206/17.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c206/18.html

where he pretty much praised both Natsu's courage to stand against him, his bravery for backing down, and was ambiguous beyond that other than that fear would let him know his weakness, and knowing his weakness would enable him to become strong.

They're guarding a critical part of the ship from intruders, instead of getting in their master's way and ruining his fun. Sounds about right to me. I'm not sure why you thought for certain that Hades was the only one left. Scores of GH grunts were scattered over the island. Not all of them had to have been sent with Caprico, or immediately found and fought with Fairy Tail. Some could easily have been left behind to crew the ship and keep it from crashing while Hades fought Makarov, and some like the ones we saw Levy and Gajeel hiding from could still be roaming the island or have returned to the ship. Then of course there's the question of where the ones Caprico dismissed went.
:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v03/c021/3.html

Forget about the heart. Do you have any idea how much commotion that fight has caused? A lightning bolt struck a hole through the ship, Hades used a giant globe of the earth as a morning star and Natsu fired a lightning blast that blew a gigantic freaking hole threw the ship and went through the whole island. Yet its a group of 3 small cats having a conversation that makes everyone freak out and enter on the scene. Also pretty stupid to have a bunch of weak fodder mages protect something extremely important to the guild instead of someone more capable.

Don't make me go through the long list of asswhoopings and ridiculous injuries Natsu has suffered in this one arc. If thats the case, why couldn't Gazille get back up after almost losing to Yomazu and Kawazu?? Natsu has collapsed countless times this arc yet was able to stand back up because of "friendship". The fact that the kid that could take a bullet to the mouth himself just said last chapter that he couldn't move his body is testament to what a load of crap it is that he can suddenly stand up AGAIN just because Lucy is right next to him.

I didn't make up any part of that speech pal. Why don't you read your own link? http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_...3/c206/17.html

If you read what Gildartz said you can tell that he's making a point to tell Natsu that knowing when to sheathe your sword is of greater value than trying to continue fighting by having a nakama jerkfest when your outclassed completely.

Zeltrax
August 20, 2011, 07:38 PM
Slow down on the bashing guys..I mean the chapter is bad but its not as bad as the lighting dragon one
right..?
I mean, at least mashima remembered what gildart said! But you know what,
the message is completely wrong.
Either mashima thinks that what natsu is saying is what gildart is implying or that natsu is plain rash or a failure as a character.
For this case, it seems like the first option.
Basically, mashima thinks that fearing your opponents is going head on, without any power or stamina left,
against a freaking guy that isn't even exhausted
and expect yourself to win <_<
So if its an epic moment, that must be what gildart must be trying to tell natsu.
Natsu should totally just give a friendship speech and keep fighting gildart that time..even after he is consumed by fear.. and gildart will probably be impressed!
That is the truth of ft I guess.

FT is full of contradictions..my mind hurts now.
I'm not even sure what I was typing about now.

At least mashima is kind enough to give me hope with that last page, that hopefully the attack didn't do anything.
But it's probably like this:
At the right moment when natsu punch hits hades face, hades power source exploded and drained off ALL of his powers.
Causing him to take a direct hit and loses.

Uh well..
at least there's zeref left..! right..?

man...I hate this arc.

MechR
August 20, 2011, 07:56 PM
I am really getting tired of Natsu aka Superman. The guy is completely worn out/exhausted physically and power wise yet he can gain infinite strength through friendship. Shaking my freaking head. Just become a joke really.Define "infinite strength". He stood up long enough to deliver a rousing speech, but was still so drained that the others had to bodily haul him up and throw him at the enemy. That explosion at the end sure wasn't from him.

Incidentally, it was a good speech. Hit the right themes, and was exactly what the group needed at the moment. Too late to run, so they might as well go down swinging.

Thank you so much for this. It's rare to see anyone actually read the chapter and think about what they read rather than bring up whatever odd assumptions and bitching they think of.Hear, hear. (Well, I already used the Thank button, but... what's the difference between Thank and Like?)

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Basically, mashima thinks that fearing your opponents is going head on, without any power or stamina left,
against a freaking guy that isn't even exhausted
and expect yourself to win <_<No, the message is if you're about to die no matter what*, you go down with style, fighting the good fight.

*: In their current state, retreat = being chased down and eaten by demons. Not really an option at this stage.

Zeltrax
August 20, 2011, 07:57 PM
Define "infinite strength". He stood up long enough to deliver a rousing speech, but was still so drained that the others had to bodily haul him up and throw him at the enemy. That explosion at the end sure wasn't from him.
and...why did they had to haul him up and throw him again?
Gray, wendy, lucy and erza can still move, the only one that is completely worn out is natsu.
So apparently, I am to believe that a single punch from an exhausted natsu is much stronger by the other 4 doing something?
By the way, the speech wasn't accepted as rousing.. that speech drove natsu's friends towards an all-out attack against hades
which what in reality is considering the circumstances, a suicidal attack.

Incidentally, it was a good speech. Hit the right themes, and was exactly what the group needed at the moment. Too late to run, so they might as well go down swinging.
It's a good speech, hit the right themes but not what the group needed at the moment.
What natsu said is contradictory to what Gildart meant to say or what we took the message as.
Does it make sense for 4 soldiers to charge into a enemy base with a pistol ?
No, and this is exactly the situation.
Natsu could have beg or said something, asking hades to let his friends off and that he realizes he's wrong
that he fears him and he knows what gildart is trying to say, to run when needed and to back off when there's
an insanely strong foe infront of you.
But no, he gave that speech and sent them off into a suicidal attack.
The message may be the right thing but its used at a wrong time.
The only reason why its too late to run is because they are naive and stubborn enough to believe that they stand a chance.

Epic_Rider
August 20, 2011, 08:00 PM
Define "infinite strength". He stood up long enough to deliver a rousing speech, but was still so drained that the others had to bodily haul him up and throw him at the enemy. That explosion at the end sure wasn't from him.

Well said. The way people were talking, you'd think he got up and KO'ed Hades with one move, rather than what actually happened.

Hear, hear. (Well, I already used the Thank button, but... what's the difference between Thank and Like?)

You thank a post when it was helpful or informative, while you like a post if you simply liked what ther person said, regardless of the actual content, or at least I think.

No, the message is if you're about to die no matter what*, you go down with style, fighting the good fight.

*: In their current state, retreat = being chased down and eaten by demons. Not really an option at this stage.

Again, something the masses missed.

and...why did they had to haul him up and throw him again?
Gray, wendy, lucy and erza can still move, the only one that is completely worn out is natsu.
So apparently, I am to believe that a single punch from an exhausted natsu is much stronger by the other 4 doing something?
By the way, the speech wasn't accepted as rousing.. that speech drove natsu's friends towards an all-out attack against hades
which what in reality is considering the circumstances, a suicidal attack.

Winning wasn't the point. They already came to the realization that they cannot win, and they also cannot run away, since he'd kill them from behind. The point was that since they're already as good as dead, they shouldn't give in to fear, but die bravely following what they believed in.

It's a good speech, hit the right themes but not what the group needed at the moment.
What natsu said is contradictory to what Gildart meant to say or what we took the message as.
Does it make sense for 4 soldiers to charge into a enemy base with a pistol ?
No, and this is exactly the situation.
Natsu could have beg or said something, asking hades to let his friends off and that he realizes he's wrong

Who the hell is going to beg an asshole like that for their lives? In fact, whatever gave you the impression Hades was going to let them go? He came to the island with two intentions: collect Zeref and kill all witnesses, a.k.a Fairy Tail. That's why they went to fight him in the first place, since he was going to come after them, they went to him first.

that he fears him and he knows what gildart is trying to say, to run when needed and to back off when there's
an insanely strong foe infront of you.
But no, he gave that speech and sent them off into a suicidal attack.
The message may be the right thing but its used at a wrong time.
The only reason why its too late to run is because they are naive and stubborn enough to believe that they stand a chance.

You're missing the point of what Gildartz told him. It wasn't, as some seem to believe, that you should run away the second someone stronger than you appears. It was that Natsu needs to understand his fear and that is what will let him learn about his weakness, and also let him learn about his strength.

Natsu went to fight Hades with the rest of them because he's scared. He's scared of Hades killing everyone he cares about, and that fear is more important to him than the fear for his own life, which is why he is fighting instead of running. Gildartz taught Natsu that there are times to run and there are times to fight no matter what, and those times are is judged with what you're most afraid of at the moment. Natsu gave up against Gildartz because he was scared of Gildatz's power. He doesn't give up against Hades because even though he's scared of Hades, he's more scared of his loved ones dying.

MechR
August 20, 2011, 08:49 PM
You thank a post when it was helpful or informative, while you like a post if you simply liked what ther person said, regardless of the actual content, or at least I think.Thanks!

Incidentally, if people still want to see bad things happen and Natsu crying like a bitch (again), there's still time for that. We haven't seen that part of Charle's vision yet.

exacta
August 20, 2011, 09:01 PM
You're missing the point of what Gildartz told him. It wasn't, as some seem to believe, that you should run away the second someone stronger than you appears. It was that Natsu needs to understand his fear and that is what will let him learn about his weakness, and also let him learn about his strength.

Natsu went to fight Hades with the rest of them because he's scared. He's scared of Hades killing everyone he cares about, and that fear is more important to him than the fear for his own life, which is why he is fighting instead of running. Gildartz taught Natsu that there are times to run and there are times to fight no matter what, and those times are is judged with what you're most afraid of at the moment. Natsu gave up against Gildartz because he was scared of Gildatz's power. He doesn't give up against Hades because even though he's scared of Hades, he's more scared of his loved ones dying.

I That seemed to be the point. It's not like he was saying Natsu should beg his enemy for his life. Rather, he should know when to retreat or preferrably in this case not get involved in battles he can't win, which is way too late now. Honestly, confronting Hades in their condition was clearly a bad idea, and they probably should've retreated. Fairy Tail was lucky they were able to defeat the 7 Kin.

The problem with Gildartz's speech is that he added the word that you can grow stronger.....how can fearing an enemy make you IMMEDIATLEY become stronger??

And the idea of fear strengthening him right on the spot is dumber than any powerup Mashima's given. It sounded like Gildartz was saying that fear allows someone to acquire the motivation needed to grow stronger and kinder through experience and training. Not just right off the bat the moment you feel fear!!! Thats a horrible plot device. Whether Gildartz wanted Natsu and co. to confront Hades or not, this is not good writing if Natsu is getting up AGAIN and gettign another powerup just because he's scared because his last powerup didn't work.

Epic_Rider
August 20, 2011, 09:28 PM
I That seemed to be the point. It's not like he was saying Natsu should beg his enemy for his life. Rather, he should know when to retreat or preferrably in this case not get involved in battles he can't win, which is way too late now. Honestly, confronting Hades in their condition was clearly a bad idea, and they probably should've retreated. Fairy Tail was lucky they were able to defeat the 7 Kin.

Again, you're missing the point. Obviously there are times when you should retreat or not get involved in the fighting. The point was that there are also times when you have to fight even against horrible odds and when it's not logical to do so because there is a reason to fight that is even more important than that. The reason that they are fighting is because Hades was going to kill them, he came there to get Zeref and kill any witnesses. He wouldn't have let them run away. Not only is he monstrously powerful, he also has a flying airship equipped with Jupiter, he could have shot them down wherever.

The problem with Gildartz's speech is that he added the word that you can grow stronger.....how can fearing an enemy make you IMMEDIATLEY become stronger??

And the idea of fear strengthening him right on the spot is dumber than any powerup Mashima's given. It sounded like Gildartz was saying that fear allows someone to acquire the motivation needed to grow stronger and kinder through experience and training. Not just right off the bat the moment you feel fear!!! Thats a horrible plot device. Whether Gildartz wanted Natsu and co. to confront Hades or not, this is not good writing if Natsu is getting up AGAIN and gettign another powerup just because he's scared because his last powerup didn't work.

Again, you are missing the point. When natsu said 'Grow stronger', he didn't mean a powerup, he might growing stronger as in conquering their fear.

exacta
August 21, 2011, 01:21 AM
Again, you're missing the point. Obviously there are times when you should retreat or not get involved in the fighting. The point was that there are also times when you have to fight even against horrible odds and when it's not logical to do so because there is a reason to fight that is even more important than that. The reason that they are fighting is because Hades was going to kill them, he came there to get Zeref and kill any witnesses. He wouldn't have let them run away. Not only is he monstrously powerful, he also has a flying airship equipped with Jupiter, he could have shot them down wherever.

Again, you are missing the point. When natsu said 'Grow stronger', he didn't mean a powerup, he might growing stronger as in conquering their fear.

I think they could've escaped. Getting Zeref is more important than defeating FT, which they no longer have, plus all of the powerful members of GH except Hades himself are down. If they really wanted to, Mest could've teleported all of them out of there before Azuma was defeated. After, he was gone, but I doubt Hades would leave the island to pursue them when Zeref is running around.

Of course Natsu doesn't mean "powerup" when he says growing stronger. But thats what it is. Not being afraid of Hades should not have any affect on the huge gap between Natsu and Hades if this manga didn't use things like friendship and emotions to power up the main character so he can win for the sake of the plot. If Natsu suddenly defeats Hades because of "getting over his fear", it was a powerup, or perhaps we should think of it as a "healing item" if you will since after this speech he was able to stand up despite his injuries. It already is as far as I'm concerned, since he went from not being able to move his body to being able to stand up and charge at Hades.

I don't see anywhere where Gildartz says there are times where you have to fight even if you don't stand a chance.

Epic_Rider
August 21, 2011, 02:31 AM
I think they could've escaped. Getting Zeref is more important than defeating FT, which they no longer have, plus all of the powerful members of GH except Hades himself are down. If they really wanted to, Mest could've teleported all of them out of there before Azuma was defeated. After, he was gone, but I doubt Hades would leave the island to pursue them when Zeref is running around.

We don't know Mest's range but I doubt he can teleport them to land. If it's the boat, then Hades can use Jupiter to blow it out of the water. And in any case, they know too much now, since they know Zeref is on the island, so no way does Hades let them go. If it's not now, it's at some point

Of course Natsu doesn't mean "powerup" when he says growing stronger. But thats what it is. Not being afraid of Hades should not have any affect on the huge gap between Natsu and Hades if this manga didn't use things like friendship and emotions to power up the main character so he can win for the sake of the plot. If Natsu suddenly defeats Hades because of "getting over his fear", it was a powerup, or perhaps we should think of it as a "healing item" if you will since after this speech he was able to stand up despite his injuries. It already is as far as I'm concerned, since he went from not being able to move his body to being able to stand up and charge at Hades.

What chapter did you read? I didn't see Natsu's speech closing in any gap in power. What I saw was him giving the speech, them going for a suicide attack, Natsu being unable to move and his friends having to throw him at Hades, who is charging a spell, and then we see an explosion from outside, which is more than likely from Hades. I didn't even see Natsu use any magic this chapter.

I don't see anywhere where Gildartz says there are times where you have to fight even if you don't stand a chance.

That's just common sense. It was implied.

Ifrit
August 21, 2011, 02:49 AM
So just because Natsu is a dragon slayer then he can get up on his feet anytime he wants and be ready to fight again ?

What about Gajeel ? I'm sorry but he was the first one to fight and the first one to get injured yet he can't get up ?

I don't really care what Gildartz was trying to tell Natsu, for me he was trying to deliver a msg to Natsu to stop his stupid HEAD ON CHARGE style since ever we started reading Fairy Tail.

I have no problem in that matter..I actually predicted that there will be more power up to Natsu because Lucy is by his side...not because of what Gildartz said to Natsu

Because like it or not ( HE'S THE MAIN CHARACTER ) !!!

Lee-tyme7
August 21, 2011, 04:05 AM
You ppl wanna know why Natsu got power ups? It's becus he loves Lucy and he also loves Erza, he couldn't give a rat-ass about gray but Wendy was by his side and so love gave him strength to fight. It's true. I read an article once about a woman involved in a car accident who'd possessed super-human strength to barely lifted a heavy car up enough to rescued her baby from harm.

Ifrit
August 21, 2011, 04:54 AM
You ppl wanna know why Natsu got power ups? It's becus he loves Lucy and he also loves Erza, he couldn't give a rat-ass about gray but Wendy was by his side and so love gave him strength to fight. It's true. I read an article once about a woman involved in a car accident who'd possessed super-human strength to barely lifted a heavy car up enough to rescued her baby from harm.

mmmm....I LOLed.

ANYWAY Dawn At TENROU ISLAND : Explosion Caused by cats the power source of HADES is blown away ...Natsu punch reached HADES but it did not do much damage HADES get suck or something like what happened to Azuma for using lost magic too much. Fairy Tail WON

I gave up on Zeref reaching to the ship and TAKE HADES on...because Mashima didn't give any hints or move to prepare for this.

oh...Arc ends with a Lucy info...or Acknologia (what ever it was it's not a real word I think LOL ) from Zeref.

MyuuMyuu
August 21, 2011, 07:35 AM
The only thing i found interesting about this chapter was Lucy. Why did she think; she knew about this, and then "Mama?!" . hmm

RaveDragon
August 21, 2011, 08:12 AM
You probably have no idea what she meant by "big role" because she never actually said that in either of the translations available:

http://www.mangareader.net/135-57514-19/fairy-tail/chapter-201.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c201/19.html

you're right we assumed it was a big role because of that mention but we have yet to know what surprise she will give is finding the grave was a calculated and intellectual or rather lucky move xD so im thinking this surprise is yet to come still, nothing surprising from her yet, unless she's connected to zeref or the key in the ship or whatever it is thats on the ship.

Dawn at tenrou island sound like a climax doesnt it so yes i think finally we're getting some info on zeref, and the one source of magic.

The only thing i found interesting about this chapter was Lucy. Why did she think; she knew about this, and then "Mama?!" . hmm

I found this yes interesting but frustrating since capricorn came in and then BN makes here remember but theres also that thing thats on the ship which is alive and whatever it is it is nooo good :/ or something is being used and hurt, it could be a dragon who will lead them to the next.
Thanks!

Incidentally, if people still want to see bad things happen and Natsu crying like a bitch (again), there's still time for that. We haven't seen that part of Charle's vision yet.

Natsu crying for losing was childish but i dont think i would mind him crying over a fallen comrade or something tragic like that after all this manga is all about nakama

BlackHair
August 21, 2011, 08:40 AM
Reading this chapter and thinking back at this arc, I feel like reading Kubo's Bleach. Making the antagonist ridiculously strong and giving a mid-tier main protagonist some bullshit power-ups, so that he can fight him. That's just bad writing.

What was the point in making Natsu say he can't move anymore? What was the point in summoning those demons if they can't even harm a bunch of exhausted kids? I don't get it. Honestly after last week, I expected more FT member to come such as Fried, Bixflow, heck even Makarov. Everything would have been better than giving Natsu & Co. a repetitive friendship power-up (again bad writing)

I'm now seriously thiking abotu dropping the manga, since I lost fun reading a long time ago. I give it a few more chapters.

Finale
August 21, 2011, 09:33 AM
You guys keep on saying that Hades wouldn't let them go. The whole argument about Hades not leaving any witnesses goes out the window with the Magic council ship sailing away. I'm really surprised they haven't called down Etherion on the island. It would be better to say they can't leave until they make sure Hades doesn't get a hold of Zeref.

jupzter
August 21, 2011, 09:57 AM
yeah! kinda sux this manga is getting repetitive about those nakama BS. Really whats the point of being together and believing in each other when they all lost their magic power and are beaten to a pulp... Now all of them is kicking ass cmon Laxus is still down.I would rather prefer that Mystogan and Gerald go to their aid than them kicking Hades... Or just put some random strong mage from the magic council wtf are they doing all this time paperwork and sh!t...

exacta
August 21, 2011, 10:07 AM
We don't know Mest's range but I doubt he can teleport them to land. If it's the boat, then Hades can use Jupiter to blow it out of the water. And in any case, they know too much now, since they know Zeref is on the island, so no way does Hades let them go. If it's not now, it's at some point

The Council was able to retreat just fine. It's true he could come after them after hey escape at some point in the future, but that gives them time to train and recover.

What chapter did you read? I didn't see Natsu's speech closing in any gap in power. What I saw was him giving the speech, them going for a suicide attack, Natsu being unable to move and his friends having to throw him at Hades, who is charging a spell, and then we see an explosion from outside, which is more than likely from Hades. I didn't even see Natsu use any magic this chapter.

That's just common sense. It was implied.

The Council was able to retreat just fine. It's true he could come after them after hey escape at some point in the future, but that gives them time to train and recover. Are you really sure Hades would go out of his way to attack them? He laughed his ass off upon hearing they defeated his 7 kin, and just waited for them to come to him. I don't think he reallly cares.

I wasn't saying that Natsu closed the gap, I was saying that Natsu was able to get back up because of his speech and attack Hades, and if he's able to defeat Hades like that it would be BS.

Ehhh I think Gildartz would've wanted them to stay out of a fight with Hades. But thats just me.

White Silver King
August 21, 2011, 11:37 AM
We don't know Mest's range but I doubt he can teleport them to land.
By land do you mean Tenrou? Because Mest has gone from boat to Tenrou and back just fine with his teleportation. If you mean FT guild base, he can just keep teleporting until he gets there.

LanceX
August 21, 2011, 12:32 PM
....sigh. Why does everyone think Natsu is going to defeat hades? and why is crying a btch move for him? so crying because you think everyone you love and hold dear is going to die because you are/feel powerless is wrong? grow up people. Wait for next chapter before jumping to such conclusions. Hes doing his last charge vs Hades. They cant run so hes going down fighting. This chapter was 100% fine to me

saya1987
August 21, 2011, 01:32 PM
I would say this is a rather decent chapter although there is a part which I find rather illogical.

The good parts:
1) more relevations about layla
2) hades's moves are drawn in an awesome way
3) the cheesiness wasn't as bad as erza's fight with the tree guy. I kinda like the nakama bond in this chapter. It has always been a recurring theme in this manga but this chapter didn't overplay this theme to a great extent like the others.

the bad/illogical part:
First off, to clear the air, (in my opinion) when natsu said that they should face their fears, he meant more than just facing Hades. There has a deeper meaning to it- facing their fears of knowing that everything they do will be futile and even with this knowledge, they should do something. CHoosing not to fight and run away is not an option, it's not like they have elsewhere to go. Could Hades have let them off? If they're going to get killed by Hades, they might as well fight him or at the very least, try to, rather than sit down and cry.

The only illogical part is them throwing a powerless natsu who couldn't even move at Hades. So much for the nakama speech. I can't believe they just threw their very own nakama(who btw is physically drained and weak at the moment) at him! To a certain extent, it seems like a senseless and stupid potential sacrifice of their teammate. In war, you don't just throw someone who's injured at the enemy! Why can't they just attack Hades all at once? Either way they're going to die, might as well die fighting as a team than throw an injured natsu to be at the battlefront.

shuha27
August 21, 2011, 04:35 PM
I really hope next chapter is about Lucy. I'm pretty tired of Natsu acting like...like...superman o.O

LanceX
August 21, 2011, 04:37 PM
I really hope next chapter is about Lucy. I'm pretty tired of Natsu acting like...like...superman o.O

you people just dont understand. Yes its over the top but this is shounen. What this chapter meant is that Fairy Tail will always be/fight together until the end. They have come to terms with the fact that this might be the end and they are going out with a bang. How many war movies/stories ended like that? eh?

BlackHair
August 21, 2011, 05:44 PM
Why does everyone think Natsu is going to defeat hades? Im just annoyed that he could stand up after last weeks cliffhanger. In case he defeats Hades Im done with this manga.

shuha27
August 21, 2011, 07:58 PM
you people just dont understand. Yes its over the top but this is shounen. What this chapter meant is that Fairy Tail will always be/fight together until the end. They have come to terms with the fact that this might be the end and they are going out with a bang. How many war movies/stories ended like that? eh?

Yes, yes I know. I just want the manga to redirect the story to another character a bit. I seriously don't really care about Natsu always talking about friendship and whatever but I just wanna see more characters do more...I guess.

I doubt Natsu will beat Hades. I really hope Hades doesn't get beaten in this arc still =/

ca12nag3
August 21, 2011, 11:13 PM
Yes, yes I know. I just want the manga to redirect the story to another character a bit. I seriously don't really care about Natsu always talking about friendship and whatever but I just wanna see more characters do more...I guess.

I doubt Natsu will beat Hades. I really hope Hades doesn't get beaten in this arc still =/

Hades is a maniacal fool who thinks he can control zeref, or get a reward for helping him or something. Last time i checked making a deal with the devil gets you killed. Either way he dies. I dont see many other options for him then death. However who defeats him? His own plan or maybe Zeref himself? This arc i think is the end for him, however Zeref will be there thrue to the other arcs. And most likely will be the endboss (in gaming terms :D)

Mashimas other great work Rave Master we didnt get to see the end boss up untill over the half of the story so i think FT will go a long long time beyond this. And i Think Zeref will be more developed then his Rave counterpart ^^ Im not in for comparing the mangas but there must be a huge link between Natsu and Zeref just like done in Rave. Im really looking forward to how it all works between those 2.

Ifrit
August 22, 2011, 01:58 AM
Im just annoyed that he could stand up after last weeks cliffhanger. In case he defeats Hades Im done with this manga.

I'm annoyed as much as you, but I really hope HADES will get defeat anyway next chapter because I think we had it with the fighting in this Arc everyone now is interested in Zeref & Layla. how HADES is going to be defeated I don't think anyone care now Natsu can bored him to death with his friendship talk for all I care....just give us something about Zeref or Layla past.

Storm King
August 25, 2011, 01:49 PM

YES!,Im totally agree with you.I hope Lucy's going to summon Capricorn in the next chapter and kick Hades butt

liductan
August 25, 2011, 07:04 PM
YES!,Im totally agree with you.I hope Lucy's going to summon Capricorn in the next chapter and kick Hades butt

Unlikely, we will probably read about her mother in the next few chapters but she can't fight, what can she possibly do in this situation.

kkck
August 26, 2011, 07:17 PM
Lucy is already out of magic, she is not about to summon anything. It'd be interesting if capricorn shows up using his own magic though, we never actually saw him leave the island.