PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 248 Discussion

saladesu
August 20, 2011, 03:34 AM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/72138-Fairy-Tail-248-Spoiler-Thread) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

shuha27
August 27, 2011, 02:49 AM
Chapter is out!
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/56894166/1

Lyn685
August 27, 2011, 03:00 AM
This chapter is making me puke.

Mashima: "Hey guess what! Hades has some thingamajig now which is the source for his power (which he lets protect by 08/15 guys), and when someone destroys that thing he gets totally weak! Genius!"

Atobe the king
August 27, 2011, 03:04 AM
Who didn't see this coming though tbh lol. At least Natsu didn't feel full power hades on his own.

MechR
August 27, 2011, 03:06 AM
Before people get too worked up, remember there's still some loose ends that could (conceivably) ruin FT's day; Namely, Zeref and Acnologia, and Natsu crying from Charle's vision. Presumably, the Council forces weren't getting the hell out of dodge for nothing.

Ifrit
August 27, 2011, 03:18 AM
IT was OK chapter...finally it ended I didn't really care how HADES gonna be defeated ( WE ALL SAW THIS COMING) as long it's finished now....I think after the next week chapter or in the end of it will get something about Zeref....maybe through it some small talk Lucy+Capricon.

Looking forward for:

Ultear & Meredy as I said long time ago...things not over between them I think Meredy wants revenge can't wait to see what is going to happen between them...Meredy has " I WANT TO KILL YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID " LOOK.

Zeref AWAKENING

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

This chapter is making me puke.

Mashima: "Hey guess what! Hades has some thingamajig now which is the source for his power (which he lets protect by 08/15 guys), and when someone destroys that thing he gets totally weak! Genius!"

Hehehehe....you know whats funny is that make HADES fail an S-Class test because he doesn't know his own weakness hehehehehehe how this guy used to be a leader for FT he's an idiot.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Before people get too worked up, remember there's still some loose ends that could (conceivably) ruin FT's day; Namely, Zeref and Acnologia, and Natsu crying from Charle's vision. Presumably, the Council forces weren't getting the hell out of dodge for nothing.

I think it will be for losing their master.

llamapie
August 27, 2011, 03:19 AM
Well I called it. Can't say I didn't and I'm too lazy to go back and quote myself. It was the ship the entire time keeping him from taking damage. Anyways it wasn't that satisfying of an ending but I trust this isn't the climax. We have the council to deal with now.

Lyn685
August 27, 2011, 03:20 AM
As if Mashima didn´t know how to disappoint even with that.
That´s all he does, downplaying things that were foreshadowed and stuff.

jacke12
August 27, 2011, 03:55 AM
I thought Natsu wouldn't have any lightning dragon slayer magic in him left I thought it will be like when he consumed Zancrow's God Slayer Flames, boost for some time but the power boost is still working this time could it be permanent and finally Wendy has a new attack :super

ghostexiled
August 27, 2011, 04:09 AM
I will only mention this once (again)... DO NOT bash or flame the series or author.

I know that MANY of you will be and are unhappy with the outcome and you are more than welcomed to express your dissatisfaction as long as you remember to keep your comments constructive so that it adds to the discussion.

Please no "I am dropping this" comments... it adds nothing at all to the discussion and will just be deleted.

Also please refrain from comparing mangas as well... this only adds to upsetting other members that you have possibly just spoiled on said manga(s).

I know you are tired of my comments... but I wouldn't have to post them if some of you would just follow these simple rules week in and week out.

shuha27
August 27, 2011, 04:26 AM
I thought the chapter was pretty okay and I'm happy Natsu gets to keep the lightning attacks. Finally we see him do something different in a while. I'm sure this isn't the end but I'm really happy now that the fight is over with. Like others said we have the council and Zeref to deal with now.

liductan
August 27, 2011, 04:27 AM
WOWWWWW!!! This is B.S !! I'm tired of natsu speeches and his non stop power. The guy is pretty much like a battery, actually he 's even worse. At least the battery dies out but Natsu can get back up no matter what because he has friends. I guess ...when people have friends they can conquer the world? I'm very upset he actually manage to hit hades( not ONCE but multiple times). Then Ultear helped out by giving some support, she was suppose to be extremely evil and strong, taken out by gray ...*sigh*
(EPIC FAIL). Then , everybody's power returns back to normal and next chapter we will have bunnies and flowers, Hades is over ( a dumbass, who didn't leave his most precious weapon protected). OH.. yeah did I forget to mention..?

HURRAY FOR FAIRY TAIL!!( my ass):mad

MyuuMyuu
August 27, 2011, 04:39 AM
I never expected Ultear to be that really evil villian in this. I mean come on, she i Ur's daugther.. it was obvious she would turn good again. However her little fellow (forgot name) looked pretty mad. Also, i am still waiting for some explanation from Lucy.. why did she think "..Mama?" what the hell is it with this mom of hers, and the dragons? Well i must say, i liked this arc very much, but the ending kinda sucked. Oh well, let get off to the next arc and please let it be something about either Lucys mom or the dragons.!

You Say
August 27, 2011, 04:57 AM
So the fight with Hades is probably over now. I have to say that Mashima kept his high standart. Awesome fight choreography filled with huge load of interesting ideas. More about fight choreography. He sent five characters against one enemy... And everyone of these five characters are constantly moving, fighting, helping each other which is pretty awesome 'cause in other faito shonen when it comes to these kind of battles then one character fights and others just stays around and sometimes say something like "Oh, I wasn't expecting that...". So Mashima once again proved that he draws the best fights of todays faito shonens.

For the chapter itself... Cats keeps getting more and more badass... Way to go! Urs deed was... pretty weird. You know, I'm still used to her evil side... Meredy... Hmmm. And "The Big Tree" is actually pretty awesome thought Fairy Tail members armor. It's almost as good as dragonballs in Dragon Ball. Now we know that they are protected by some old magic force of old guild master and stuff which fits in overall plot really nicely.

I'm still pretty sad about Zacrow... He was fine crazy-ass evil guy with fine char. design. This aside, Fairy Tail is actually only ongoing shonen which I truly enjoy.

sarutobi_sensei
August 27, 2011, 05:00 AM
Well 2 least they won with the help from various people, Happy and Charle took out the heart, his source of magic and "life". UlTear brought back the tree and with it, the protection and magic of FT. Laxus woke up because he still is a member of FT, Mavis is probably the one responsible for his waking up.

And since they got their power back and hades lost his, well, he lost.

It's a not so good win, cause honestly I wanted them to lose so that they could know defeat, but, Mashima doesn't think this way.

chess4
August 27, 2011, 05:05 AM
WOWWWWW!!! This is B.S !! I'm tired of natsu speeches and his non stop power. The guy is pretty much like a battery, actually he 's even worse. At least the battery dies out but Natsu can get back up no matter what because he has friends. I guess ...when people have friends they can conquer the world? I'm very upset he actually manage to hit hades( not ONCE but multiple times). Then Ultear helped out by giving some support, she was suppose to be extremely evil and strong, taken out by gray ...*sigh*
(EPIC FAIL). Then , everybody's power returns back to normal and next chapter we will have bunnies and flowers, Hades is over ( a dumbass, who didn't leave his most precious weapon protected). OH.. yeah did I forget to mention..?

HURRAY FOR FAIRY TAIL!!( my ass):mad

You just decribed every star of every popular manga...dragonball, bleavh, naruto, one piece, etc. This what they do, they overcome the impossible.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/56894166/11

merideth has an evil look in her eyes....when are good girl is gone she is gone forever.

I think that zeref is going to be awakened somehow and markorov will die but not before making peace with laxus and him rejoining the guild. they are going to need all hands on deck because markorov is BIG loss for them

sarutobi_sensei
August 27, 2011, 05:07 AM
I never expected Ultear to be that really evil villian in this. I mean come on, she i Ur's daugther.. it was obvious she would turn good again. However her little fellow (forgot name) looked pretty mad. Also, i am still waiting for some explanation from Lucy.. why did she think "..Mama?" what the hell is it with this mom of hers, and the dragons? Well i must say, i liked this arc very much, but the ending kinda sucked. Oh well, let get off to the next arc and please let it be something about either Lucys mom or the dragons.!

Well we know why she was "evil", it was explained, and after she fell in the ocean, she got changed 180º. This was her way to redeem herself and I'm sure Gray will notice it.

Meredy doesn't look mad, she looks a bit annoyed because she was running around from Juvia by UrTear's orders. UrTear should've cancelled those orders xD

Lucy's will probably say something on the next few chapters. If she doesn't, then Caprico will.

The arc isn't over my friend, we still have Zeref, the Council and Etherion.

jacke12
August 27, 2011, 05:28 AM
The arc isn't over my friend, we still have Zeref, the Council and Etherion.
I agree but when did the Council say something about Etherion I dont remember that part

Zeltrax
August 27, 2011, 05:28 AM
Fairy Tail doesn't teach anything except being rash, <_<
Early when this arc began I told myself that I'll drop ft if Natsu beats hades.
When I mentioned this and when others mention it.. it was laughed at as impossible.
I can't say that I'm angry as I called this last chapter.
Just really disappointed and sad that my prediction was right.
I know saying anymore will cause trouble for ghost and I really have nothing more to add.
I hope that the aftermath will be interesting enough.. and will make this arc better.
I won't be seeing it as I'll drop ft for some time and come back and read it all at once in the future.

ghostexiled
August 27, 2011, 05:30 AM
You guys are forgetting the reason that Meldy is looking at Ultear like that, is because Zancrow told her that Ultear was the one that destroyed her town. Meldy thought that Ultear just arrived after the destruction and rescued Meldy.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/242/8

So I would assume that Meldy plans to take her revenge in some way against Ultear.

@ Ifirit - it would be an awesome site to behold. :kukuku

ShoobyDooBop
August 27, 2011, 05:39 AM
I actually liked how this went, I thought it was odd how Hades could be alive at his age, and to top it off the cats are the ones who actually won the battle.:p

I prefer teamwork over retarded asspull win by Natsu alone.
Teamwork is the way to go.

sarutobi_sensei
August 27, 2011, 05:42 AM
I agree but when did the Council say something about Etherion I dont remember that part

Yeah when they mentioned Zeref to the council they decided to activate Etherion, again.

You guys are forgetting the reason that Meldy is looking at Ultear like that, is because Zancrow told her that Ultear was the one that destroyed her town. Meldy thought that Ultear just arrived after the destruction and rescued Meldy.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/242/8

So I would assume that Meldy plans to take her revenge in some way against Ultear.

@ Ifirit - it would be an awesome site to behold. :kukuku

Oh I completely forgot about that xD

Btw, this page http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/56894166/11

Is it Natsu's tatoo glowing, or Laxus?

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Edit: nvm, it's Natsu's. Laxu's is just below his chest.

den_lim
August 27, 2011, 06:25 AM
Naming your guild after your weakness is really a smart move on Hades' part.
Real smart.

ca12nag3
August 27, 2011, 06:31 AM
Did anyone just see Meredys face? Her look!. Cmon dont just skip to the natsu punches but look good at the expressions on each face for a change... she dont look happy....

Her dream of reviving her town/parents etc just ruined and her surrogate mommy just switched sides...

kakashidad
August 27, 2011, 06:57 AM
As expected..and stated in the previous issues.It was his heart!!!..yay me.Ultear as expected has
a say in the outcome of this too.By restoring the island..yay!although there seems to be bad
intention brewing..with the looks merdy is giving off.Methink Zancrow words are comming to roost
...ultear redemption might be short lived.I do hope the writer explore this more ...Laxus with renewed vigour and a sizeable amount of ''redemption''will be welcome back into the fold.

After all zeref is coming...fairytail is gonna need every strong mage they can muster and convince
into joining their guild.Things are just hotting up.Fabulous arc imo.Now that it's reached the end..
lol.Laters
Peace.

RaveDragon
August 27, 2011, 07:01 AM
Okay so it was an okay capter, it was teamwork not natsu winning but really someone needs to take over the natsu speeches as good as they are Mashima needs to use ALL his characters, FT is a great manga but if mashima used all of the characters it could beat the tops ^^

Though i am the only one who loves the rock and roll victory natsu on pg 19? :lmao

I knew hades would lose the last few chappies so im hoping Zeref can make this right and beat some sense into the manga.

Magic alive might mean he finally came in or we get a capricorn lucy explanation on the source of magic.

zelllogan
August 27, 2011, 07:36 AM
My opinion about the chapter: the cover was good ...
I won't talk about the rest because It would be moderated anyway :D.

street_san
August 27, 2011, 08:51 AM
Once you know the fact that Fairy Tail is always going to win, this manga becomes so much more incredible. It's not about the winning but the way FT is achieving it. This time it hasn't been Natsu who completely defeat the main bad guy but it was some teamworkd. Unlike others I do like Natsu speech. Sometime in th middle of a danger you just need those kind of boost to continue fighting even if the situation seems completely useless. Imagine FT had give up the minute that big Lightning flame roar didnt worked...what would've happened ? They would have been killed even though the cats were achieving a major upset.

Its thanks to their stubborness that they were able to defeat Hades and the rest of the Grimoire Heart. Yaaa Mashima did hype GH a LIIIITTLLLEEE BIIIITTT (please consider the HUGE sarcasm I'm actually using xD) to much but hey, if you loook at the choreagraphy of the fights, the art of each fights and the emotion of all the fights, they were pretty danm good. By emotion you need to remove all negative statements saying like Nakama asspull and bla bla bla....only when you'll accept the fact that FT will always get stronger when each other back their ass up that you'll fully grasp each emotion in each fights. The only fight I have truly detested was Erza vs Azuma because of the outcome. I would've like Erza to win but not in this way....but ooh weelll, there's no manga who's perfect soo each manga and arc has their downside.

As for Hades fight, I have nothing to say against it. It took 6 freaking people to defeat 1 freaking old grampa guy -.-....I for once think Mashima did well in hyping that mofo of Hades. And even though he lost his magic, after 5 big attacks....he was still ready to tank Natsu final attack....-.-...hey, ya just can't blame the mofo looool. I've really enjoyed that fight from the beginning to the end. I'm sure that if you read it from the beginning with the fact that they are going to win because this manga is Fairy Tail, then you're going to enjoy that last battle royale to his fullest.

And am I the only one who really felt the rage of Laxux when he souted: Go Fairy Tail....ommmmggg I just can't wait to see this fight animated.

Rosebullet Teacher
August 27, 2011, 09:12 AM
So its like: exhausted Natsu attacks, before his attack lands the cats destroy the poorly guarded heart, Hades' defence falls to 0. Explosion from destroying heart energises Natsu, strength rises to 100, Fairy Tail Tree is restored strength rises to 200 then defenceless Hades is mashed... Its kinda like being told why a joke is funny.

What would be wicked is if the explosion had some of Hades' magic in it so Natsu starts to bug out & Makarov has to drain the energy before he self destructs, Makarov dies. You could even throw in something about the ancient magic he ate giving him Natsu some memories of dragons then he tries to find Igneel. Ta-da!

FuS

White Silver King
August 27, 2011, 10:01 AM
Meredy doesn't look mad, she looks a bit annoyed because she was running around from Juvia by UrTear's orders. UrTear should've cancelled those orders xD
... You do know that Meredy found out Ultear is the one who wiped out her village, right? That coupled with the look she's giving Ultear indicate to me that she really wants to kill her. Speaking of Ultear, after her "Reborn anew" comment, I am 100% sure she's going to join FT and I couldn't be happier.

1337 haxor
August 27, 2011, 10:09 AM
First I will highlight this chapter from a disconnected point of view.

First the good points:

-Hades defeat was logical, many people were complaining that previous villains went down just because Natsu screamed NAKAMA but this time they had to blew up a power source and Ultear had to restore their magic.

-Meredy and Ultear have a score to settle and this is bound to be one hell of an emotional challenge for both.

-Zeref is in the island plotting something and the keys to his release will soon fall in FT's hands.

-With Laxus in the scene chances increased that Makarov will die and the manga will finally have it's promised emotinal weight that everyone complained it was lacking.

-The Grimmoire Heart mess is finally done with, this arc have been dragged out for too long and the story was becoming almost non-exhistant.

Now to the bad points:

-Hades defeat and how it took place felt like a lucky shot on the death star, basically the cats found the nuclear reactor and blew it up instantly saving the day.

The complaint here is that it lacked the sort of "this guy must have a weakpoint and we ought to find out what it is" kind of dillema which would have made this shoot out a much more deep fight.

What truly killed the tension is the fact the cats defeated Aizen, sorry, Hades much more than all of the FT team combined. It left the dumb impression that if they had blew up that thing from the beggining they could have skipped the entire fight.

No, what is really bugging is the fact Rustyrose knew Hades weakness and presumably Ultear could have known it to, however, she didn't told it to Grey such valuable piece of information. I hope we get a better clearance for this plot hole.

-What the hell do we do with the prisioners of war? Asuma, Zoldeos and Zancrow are dead but there is still Cain, Rustyrose, Bluenote, Ultear and Meredy do be dealt with.

While I assume Ultear and Meredy will both join Fairy Tail if one does not kill the other, the rest are all psychotic scum and with the council gone who is going to take away the trash?

-Lastly we have Cana wielding a nuclear bazooka she can't control and Gildartz still doesn't know she is his daughter. This whole ordeal with Mavis felt kind of trolling because neither the first master or the ones he thrusted his magic with played a decent role.

wooticus
August 27, 2011, 11:06 AM
I can't understand people bragging about dropping the manga because natsu defeated hades. Where did he do that? Natsu got a ridiculous powerup and even with that he wasn't able to to that, it was a coworking of the top tier of fairy tail. just because natsu did the final blow it wasn't his win.

Moreover it was cleared that hades "epicness" and unbelievable power as a villain was based on this heart stuff. So the defeat of hades wasn't a defeat of the overpowered lost magic hades, it was the defeat of the back to normal old man hades with limited power.

This chapter was a good conclusion to the hades fight because it brought back the balance of power to FT by giving a reason for the huge gap between hades and everyone else.

Nevertheless i admit that it sucks a bit that hades weak point was destoyed in such an easy way. Imho it should have been discovered much earlier, guarded by another strong member of GH. It doesn't make sense to me that you leave the source of your power and your unnatural long life guarded by some fodder guys

exacta
August 27, 2011, 11:26 AM
Lately I have a bad feeling whenever I click on the new Fairy Tail chapter to read it. And it gets worse every week.....I'll just list all the reasons I think this weeks chapter was horrible.

1. Hades facial expressions..........he went from this http://www.mangareader.net/135-58363-16/fairy-tail/chapter-209.html to this http://img.mangastream.com/m/3/56894166/794990686d870d0d24d0c478a236d1bb.png. Basically sums up the whole arc.

2. Lucy summoned Capricorn.......ummm WHAT?!?!!! Am I the only one who missed the panel where she was informed that she can do that?!?!!!! No really did I?! I know she was informed he was going to join her, but the two of them have never even TALKED. We can't even tell what he can do, he just elbowed Hades....when did she get the key? Why didn't she summon him before?!?!!!?! Seeing as he used to be a member of GH technically, he probably could've been pretty useful giving them hints about Hades power. Plus he's probably one of her stronger summons now.

3. Urtear officially has been ruined as a villain. She actually brought back the Tenrou tree......for over 200 chapters she had the potential to be a GREAT villain and was doing well and Mashima absolutely KILLED it. Mashimas execution was horrible.....I thought Urtear was going to be around alot longer, but her whole character is finished in one chapter, and now she's a "good" guy. She's probably going to be reduced to fanservice.

4. The whole "heart" thing.....disappointing. Disappointing that it was really just a heart, disappointing that we didn't get to even SEE IT, disappointing that it was so important yet guarded by complete trash fodder characters, and disappointing that it could be destroyed by THE CATS of all people.

5. Hades has been defeated......he wasn't even supposedly serious before the last chapter, should know all this badass dark magic from the book of zeref and he's already down. And his last move was quite lame, lets be honest. Dark beasts that turn into......energy beams. That can't hit anyone. Even if they shouldn't be able to even move. Was expecting at least to see more ancient lost zeref magic or something.

6. Even Luxus got up......everyone's injuries are meaningless. Everyone's comments about their condition are meaningless, don't listen to what they're saying, you'll just be trolled. None of them should've been able to fight still......I don't care if the tree's back, they shouldn't be able to use magic anymore ANYWAY. They shouldn't be able to MOVE.

7. Actually Azuma restored the tree anyway......why did Urtear have to bring it back!! If Natsu's giant lightning-flame dragon hax rawr damaged it, that should've been mentioned.

8. http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/56894166/20.........I hate you Natsu.

Ifrit
August 27, 2011, 11:48 AM
... You do know that Meredy found out Ultear is the one who wiped out her village, right? That coupled with the look she's giving Ultear indicate to me that she really wants to kill her. Speaking of Ultear, after her "Reborn anew" comment, I am 100% sure she's going to join FT and I couldn't be happier.

I don't really think Ultear will live long enough to finish the sentence "I AM reborn Anew....." one of Meredy Swords in Ultear back is what I see. Unless what we all thought is going to be reversed Ultear join FT and Meredy actually manage to leave with Zeref somehow LOL

omegakai
August 27, 2011, 12:03 PM
OK so finally we can move on, cause this arc was rather pointless, it would have been much better off if they just continued with the exam and have zeref search for natsu and the answer to why he know natsu be the main focus. It should have ended with fairy tail thinking that they defeat zeref or with zeref accidentally thinking defeat them since he seems really confused about who he is. This would have lead to all the more powerful dark guilds showing up to find zeref to get the secrets of his power.

Most of the drama with the GH could have been save for later arc. Also if hades was once a master of fairy tail what the hell happen to magic he used when he was with fairy tale, why would rely only on the heart for power seem like a stupid think for any one who consider themselves a master

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Also i think that girl is going to try to kill ultear for destroying her village, and zeref might unleash something big

LoS
August 27, 2011, 12:22 PM
So somehow even after exhausting all his power and getting his butt kicked Natsu still has some Lightning magic left in his system? This is hard to believe and pretty foolish.

Hades, someone who without the heart back in the day was guild master of FT, he should be stronger than each one of them individually. Yet, they are all kicking his butt.

Also, Urtear turns good and reverts the island back to it's original state.... maybe I can believe this. But what I can't believe is that each FT member gets their magic power completely renewed. Why then even have a test on that island if the FT members will always have full magic power? It's a pretty damn big loophole Mashima messed up here.

Such a promising arc ruined by nakama powerup and him bashing us over the head with this power of bonds & friendship. At least there is still the hope that Makarov dies(which in itself really isn't even that big of a deal because it has been a long time in coming itself and for me wouldn't even make up for this arc and all the fights FT won which they shouldn't have), and that Etherion and Zeref happen.

Zeref is most likely because he is the series focal point, he is the strongest and most evil villain in history. We need to catch a glimpse of what he truly is and it will set up future arcs for the characters.

White Silver King
August 27, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hades, someone who without the heart back in the day was guild master of FT, he should be stronger than each one of them individually. Yet, they are all kicking his butt.

That was 40 years ago, now he's about 120 years old. A simple punch from even a weakened Natsu (without Hades' heart of course) should have been enough to kill him.

ErosVp
August 27, 2011, 03:59 PM
Predictable..... ok chapter for an ok arc, nothing really great.

Meredy is mad at Ultear hoho. After learning Ultear destroyed her village i image if she is going to kill her. She could be the villain of the future, since Ultear is leaving this post, and she could go away together with Zeref.

Am i the only one who thinks Mashima forgot Charle's prediction? Sorry to disapoint you guys, but a bunch of people thought zeref was coming to beat Hades and nothing, and now people thinking he is coming to terrorize FT.... I think he doesn't give a damn and is already miles away, and we won't be seeing him anytime soon....

Speaking of Ultear, after her "Reborn anew" comment, I am 100% sure she's going to join FT and I couldn't be happier.

Meredy is the only one who could join, since she can be unknown to the concil. Ultear is one of the traitors of the concil, together with Jellal, and i bet they remenber her and are looking for imprison her as well

White Silver King
August 27, 2011, 04:20 PM
Meredy is the only one who could join, since she can be unknown to the concil. Ultear is one of the traitors of the concil, together with Jellal, and i bet they remenber her and are looking for imprison her as well

From the looks of things, FT is going to be declared a Dark Guild so I don't think it'll have much impact.

sarutobi_sensei
August 27, 2011, 05:47 PM

I didn't remember of that fact. After remembering that, I'm prety sure that she'll be responsible for some more damage.

But I wouldn't mind them joining FT. Tough if the council finds out, they'll be deemed a dark guild most likely...

Someone said something about Asuma having already fixing the tree, thing is, he didn't, he gave the magic power he had sucked, back into the tree. What Urtear did was reverse the tree back in time to it's former glory.

Btw loved Capricorn punching Hades :)

Sevenheadedmirror
August 27, 2011, 06:16 PM
I am actually offended. I am. This chapter didn't sucked, it is not enough. As a manga reader I am attacked and perplexed by the unfeasible conundrum that composes its lack of logic and absolute betrayal to all that seemed a internal structure. It is as if the author literally told us: "0k I know this is raw, but I had nothing better". This chapter is the void of all that I dislike in a manga: anticlimactic, filled with ass pulls, idiotic heel face turns, wannabe poetic, wannabe action, lack of effort in victory, invincible heroes, weakening villains... all, it has it all.

Atobe the king
August 27, 2011, 06:46 PM
Then read another manga? Lol@offended my god people take fiction far too seriously these days. If you dislike it don't read it. Mashima doesn't have a gun to your head telling you to read FT. I don't feel like addressing the other stuff in your post but um, Ultear found out her entire motivation was misguided so idk how her change of heart is idiotic. Her malice is essentially gone.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanDumb

Quantized
August 27, 2011, 07:46 PM
Then read another manga? Lol@offended my god people take fiction far too seriously these days. If you dislike it don't read it. Mashima doesn't have a gun to your head telling you to read FT. I don't feel like addressing the other stuff in your post but um, Ultear found out her entire motivation was misguided so idk how her change of heart is idiotic. Her malice is essentially gone.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanDumb

I honestly got to agree with him, although I don't feel so extreme about it. This manga is one of the ones I enjoy reading, but, it has it draws like being waaaay to unrealistic in areas that should not be unrealistic in stories as Sevenheadedmirror pointed out.

This chapter seemed rushed, I don't know what's going on, but something is not "right".

Well all manga's have their horrible chapters, I just hope it's a trend that won't continue.

I could accept that Hades lost because the heart got destroyed, in fact, I think it's a great way to let them win over someone as powerful as him, foreshadowing truly strong opponents that they will have to grow to be able to overcome in the future where there won't be any shortcuts like destroying a "heart".

However, we didn't even see the heart get destroyed, I honestly would have liked to see it and get some sort of "hints" confirming that it's the source to Hades magic.
Seemingly, there was no way showing how the awesome cats could destroy it, I would have loved to see it.
Not seeing it, also made the defeat of Hades much more out of character, it was too sudden coming from total drained Natsu and his friends, to beat Hades fully over powered, and then in a blink of an eye he looses, in the most perfect "timing" EVER, and that is without even seeing the heart get destroyed..? We only see the fireworks :/

This is a horrible chapter in my opinion, only hope the next will redeem it :^_^

Lee-tyme7
August 27, 2011, 07:51 PM
This arc was kinda good, not great but good. I was kinda hoping Guildartz would rise up again and take on Hades which would of been a more realistic approach to this ending but Natsu was fine too. Just think of Natsu as a Dragon Slayer who has unlimited magic powers, OH wait he already does, lol. (sarcas)

Quantized
August 27, 2011, 07:57 PM
This arc was kinda good, not great but good. I was kinda hoping Guildartz would rise up again and take on Hades which would of been a more realistic approach to this ending but Natsu was fine too. Just think of Natsu as a Dragon Slayer who has unlimited magic powers, OH wait he already does, lol. (sarcas)

You're not funny, making me cry here :crying

Just kidding, seemingly all "new" mangaka's have trouble, I guess they learn the hard way :sweat

Hopefully we'll see Natsu grow stronger in a more natural way, while still being an awesome Dragon Slayer :super

ca12nag3
August 27, 2011, 08:11 PM
I honestly got to agree with him, although I don't feel so extreme about it. This manga is one of the ones I enjoy reading, but, it has it draws like being waaaay to unrealistic in areas that should not be unrealistic in stories as Sevenheadedmirror pointed out.

This chapter seemed rushed, I don't know what's going on, but something is not "right".

Well all manga's have their horrible chapters, I just hope it's a trend that won't continue.

I could accept that Hades lost because the heart got destroyed, in fact, I think it's a great way to let them win over someone as powerful as him, foreshadowing truly strong opponents that they will have to grow to be able to overcome in the future where there won't be any shortcuts like destroying a "heart".

However, we didn't even see the heart get destroyed, I honestly would have liked to see it and get some sort of "hints" confirming that it's the source to Hades magic.
Seemingly, there was no way showing how the awesome cats could destroy it, I would have loved to see it.
Not seeing it, also made the defeat of Hades much more out of character, it was too sudden coming from total drained Natsu and his friends, to beat Hades fully over powered, and then in a blink of an eye he looses, in the most perfect "timing" EVER, and that is without even seeing the heart get destroyed..? We only see the fireworks :/

This is a horrible chapter in my opinion, only hope the next will redeem it :^_^

Honestly you guys are forgetting a few things.

1 -Heroes never lose
2 -Heroes never lose
3 -Hades isnt the main villain to this story,

he is kinda the big bad leader behind the show but not the flashy one. Also dragging on the fighting wont give us anything? You honestly believed Hades would win? A good reason why Hades is downplayed as in having a power source taken out is because of the 1 guy that scared the council guys to pee their pants with 1 word, Acnologia. And they ran like chickens.

So >Zeref not Hades is the main baddie here.

Another part well portrait is the Ultear deception as a child what happened to her, and her realization of it. And eventually she wants to amend for her wrong deeds. Restoring the tree. However as Meredy watches it seems she might turn on her.

I just dont get how people claim to want some elaborate told story > are presented with 1 but start pissing all over it because its not what their fan-wishes are. Immature really.

What some people proposed should happen has little to nothing to do with this arc. Like someone taking over Canas fairy glitter or perhaps how Laxus singlehandedly should defeat hades. All kinda out of nowhere to me as well. So whats the difference other then it not being *your* choice of events.

ghostexiled
August 27, 2011, 11:01 PM
Alright guys... please stop posting back and forth with each other over how to comment or post on forums.

Everyone has a right to dislike or like the series... all that I ask you guys to remember is to please be civil and don't bash or flame.

Whether you hate it or love it, please respect the series and the author.

Also refrain from using curse words in your posts. Whether you mean to or not, they tend to upset other members.

For members needing a refresher in the RULES of posting, then please take the time and read this:
Forum/Site Rules (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/70795)
for a more simplier version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI&feature=player_embedded

Please take any general discussion about the series to the Hangout Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/3870-Fairy-Tail-Hangout-Thread). Only post in this thread if you have something to say about the chapter and/or your thoughts on where the story may go.

If you have concerns about something, please PM me about it.

Thanks!

exacta
August 27, 2011, 11:27 PM

1 -Heroes never lose
2 -Heroes never lose

Heroes DO lose. Or can at the very least. The manga always has a happy ending, but alot of decent shounen have heroes get their ass kicked ALOT, but they grow from it and become stronger, and NOT right on the spot, theres a break before they get to redeem themselves. I'm not supposed to make comparisons to other manga so I won't, but I'm speaking truth.

People who like this chapter, I understand its annoying to read all of these negative comments, but its not like all of these people are always bashing Fairy Tail. This arc for alot of people was EXTREMELY disappointing, and for legitimate reasons. Especially if you were really excited for this arc. These aren't people who just want to bash Fairy Tail, these are people who before the past 2,3, or 4 months liked the direction this arc was going in, and saw alot of potential in it.

ghostexiled
August 28, 2011, 02:17 AM
I have moved the posts that were talking about the series as a whole into the "Weak Points in Fairy Tail" (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/71264-Weak-Points-In-the-Fairy-Tail-Series) thread.

Please continue such conversations there and leave this thread for chapter related comments.

Thanks!

Ifrit
August 28, 2011, 02:25 AM
@ca12nag3

I actually think she restored everything not just the tree..the Island is back to what it used to be...she looks like used a lot of magic power maybe easy target for Meredy now..I doubt Ultear will try to even fight back against Meredy

Next title : is all about going back to the camp to let everyone know they won, which actually make me worried I see Laxus making his final moments with Makarov before he dies. (make Ivan decide to make his first move against fairy tail when he knows his father died)

I don't think Fairy Tail will actually win if it ends with losing their master.

in that case if Makarov dies I think it will be Gildartz or that weird women Poryushika or something like that the next leader.

Think about it. Perfect place next to Mavis Rest Makarov. You can forget about Zeref for now....Mashima didn't give any hints he will take any part in this Arc...he will just disappear.

meepers4982
August 28, 2011, 03:11 AM
i liked this chapter a lot because it was in the style of fairytail. I sort of expect it when everyone goes into battle that they will win because that is what they've been doing since chapter 1. I mean those of you who complain need to reread the series because this has always been the scenario. I think this arc was an excellent arc overall because it set up so many new questions about the dragon slayers, natsu himself, zeref, ultear, ect.
Im looking forward to the next chapter, im guessing we will go back to see how makarov is doing, it sounds like a good possibility that he will die however i dont think he'll do so without saying a few parting words and perhaps accepting laxus back into the guild.

Ero-Sanji
August 28, 2011, 04:08 AM
There are two big losers in this arc, aside from the disappointed readers.
These characters are called Gazeel and Makarov.

Gazeel fell down clearly expressing his love for FT and his undying will to secure it's safety, just as Natsu, Erza and the rest of the lead gang. Gazeel was also the first one to fight. Now the strange thing is that he hasn't gotten up. Some might say that it's because he faced someone that was let's say super effective, well, so did Natsu, he fought someone he couldn't damage and on top of that could eat his fire. Yet at the conclusion of that fight Natsu won with minor damage, whereas Gazeel was severely beaten. Natsu went on to face the gravity guy(forgot his name), still didn't recieve that much damage and his magic fuel was still intact. When it came to Hades he received beating at the likes of that Natsu received from Zero, yet, he kept going even though his magic was weakened or gone(?) and the fact that he should be physically weakened. Even after the beating he got after getting Laxus powers he still managed to stand up and fight. The reason is clear, because of his love for FT, the same love Gazeel has but for some reason discriminates him from getting up. It's really sad to see these forced actions and also I'm not bashing the author nor the manga but this arc has been contradicting itself and very disappointing.

Makarov is the second loser, why? Well first of all he didn't manage to avoid a single and simple beam attack from Hades with eye-patch, when the exhausted lead group and Natsu who's actually moving in a straight line avoids stronger magical beams from a powered-up Hades. The highly exhausted and weakened Natsu also manages to land a hit, twice, on Hades but that same thing can not be said to our beloved guild master. Who also loves his guild dearly but also gets that same discrimination Gazeel is currently receiving.

I'm really interested in how Tartaros will be handled seeing how the strongest dark guild got handled. Also, a funny part of the chapter is the newly awakened Rustyrose who talks to himself about the weakness of Hades. Wouldn't it have been easier to just let Caprico tell them abou the weakness before he left, so that the cats would have had a goal instead of just mindlessly looking for the ships powers source?

Anyway, at least Meldy and Urtear's future meeting will be exciting as well as the awakening of Zeref.

MechR
August 28, 2011, 06:55 AM
Nevertheless i admit that it sucks a bit that hades weak point was destoyed in such an easy way. Imho it should have been discovered much earlier, guarded by another strong member of GH. It doesn't make sense to me that you leave the source of your power and your unnatural long life guarded by some fodder guysIt occurs to me Bluenote might've been the guy normally guarding the Heart, until he got bored and took off.

Kauia
August 28, 2011, 07:05 AM
Is it just me but did no one see Wendy's funny impersonation of Natsu's technique? Then Lucy was so cute when she desperately tried to get Natsu scarf.

I'm a little disappointed at how Capricorn was used. I was hoping a little more "Ump!!!" Please don't blame me. Lucy's my fave. I was hoping she'd use a new spell. Oh well. That's that. Natsu dealt with the finishing blow. No power-up. I don't really think it was a ridiculous nakama power-up. All in all, it's a FT teamwork that enabled them to defeat Hades. The way it was shown was fast, no time to build the tension and all which why it kinda felt like it lacked the epicness.

The island restored to its former state which literally gave all FT members to use magic. The island has a power that does its part to support the FT members. Second, Hades strength which he draws from, his heart was destroyed. That would make Hades really vulnerable. Had none of those happen, the fight could have lasted longer. I mean, Hades summoned some sort of army in the past chapter. He didn't really get to use it due to the heart destroyed kind of thing. BUT. I just get the feeling Mashima wanted to hurry Hades fight for something even more. Its incredible he was able to end the fight that way. I don't think anyone expected those things to happen.

I don't think the arc is over just because Hades was defeated. There's Meredy's look of hidden agenda. She may plan to try to hurt Ultear for betraying her. But something might stop it. I seriously don't think Meredy would end up killing Ultear. But that may be just me talking 'coz I really want Meredy to be a part of fairy tail. Then there's Doranbolt, the magic council. They retreated but he was thinking "I'm sorry" to fairy tail. The magic council will either do something to attack the island or focus on Zeref. They could have abandoned hurting fairy tail for now because of Zeref's acnologia. And Natsu's crying face in Charle's vision. Zeref might awaken. There was also Lucy thinking that the fight in the island where she thought it was their victory. Last, Lucy thinking of her mom while they were fighting Hades. The source f magic.

It's amazing how all these questions are all connected.

exacta
August 28, 2011, 09:10 AM
There are two big losers in this arc, aside from the disappointed readers.
These characters are called Gazeel and Makarov.

Gazeel fell down clearly expressing his love for FT and his undying will to secure it's safety, just as Natsu, Erza and the rest of the lead gang. Gazeel was also the first one to fight. Now the strange thing is that he hasn't gotten up. Some might say that it's because he faced someone that was let's say super effective, well, so did Natsu, he fought someone he couldn't damage and on top of that could eat his fire. Yet at the conclusion of that fight Natsu won with minor damage, whereas Gazeel was severely beaten. Natsu went on to face the gravity guy(forgot his name), still didn't recieve that much damage and his magic fuel was still intact. When it came to Hades he received beating at the likes of that Natsu received from Zero, yet, he kept going even though his magic was weakened or gone(?) and the fact that he should be physically weakened. Even after the beating he got after getting Laxus powers he still managed to stand up and fight. The reason is clear, because of his love for FT, the same love Gazeel has but for some reason discriminates him from getting up. It's really sad to see these forced actions and also I'm not bashing the author nor the manga but this arc has been contradicting itself and very disappointing.

Natsu also got roughed up by Urtear and fought Kain too before Bluenote even. It really doesn't make sense that he could fight so much. He should've been beyond fatigued quite some time ago.

Also, why did Urtear have to fix the tree? Azuma already restored it, and never was there a comment made saying the tree got damaged again. Perhaps Natsu's lightning fire roar damaged it, but that was never mentioned, and also would make Natsu look pretty stupid. I thought only Azuma could take Fairy Tails magic away from them because he could manipulate TREES, not that this feat was simply a matter of damaging it......

ca12nag3
August 28, 2011, 09:45 AM
Hmm well i never said FT is going to win or anything, just that they dont lose. Because losing means dieing. Hades wants to kill them remember? Hes not there to take prisoners.
As for the outcome of this all it wont be a happy ending. Someone might die, tragedy will take place. The way that *future lucy* narrated at the start sugest things will get ugly. And im saying thats all due to what Zeref is up to.

And maybe something will happen to Meredy, im just thinking how she might go mad and start acusing Ultear of using/manipulating her and then betraying her or w/e. Go after Zeref and get herself killed like how Flame God boy kicked the bucket. Causing tragedy for Ultear who really does care for her.
If this all takes place while Natsu&Co are watching that could be the sad thing that happens that Lucy narrated about?

Ero-Sanji
August 28, 2011, 12:06 PM
Natsu also got roughed up by Urtear and fought Kain too before Bluenote even. It really doesn't make sense that he could fight so much. He should've been beyond fatigued quite some time ago.

I completely forgot those matches. It's pretty amazing how forced Natsu is as a character, anyway, it's good to see Laxus again.

ShoobyDooBop
August 28, 2011, 12:18 PM
Also, why did Urtear have to fix the tree? Azuma already restored it, and never was there a comment made saying the tree got damaged again. Perhaps Natsu's lightning fire roar damaged it, but that was never mentioned, and also would make Natsu look pretty stupid. I thought only Azuma could take Fairy Tails magic away from them because he could manipulate TREES, not that this feat was simply a matter of damaging it......

Azuma just returned the magic power he absorbed from the FT members then when Ultear fixed the tree, the tree gave them boost again and protection.
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm just disappointed with Hades. He was the 2nd master of FT and the master of the 7 Lost Magic users so why the hell could he only do is shooting beams and just using the Amaterasu spell then summon useless demons that just make him look epic. Hades's true magic was to make himself look good. That's what I got from that!

I think Mashima has the mistaken impression that just because villains have cool magic names and cool technique names means they are qualified as good acceptable villains. I'm sorry, but if Mashima thinks that's all it takes to make good villains, I think he needs to take some lessons on how to make good villains and how to properly make use of villains.

I have a feeling now that Natsu will leave the others in strength, even his fellow Dragon Slayers. He'll get more power ups in the future and always have the spotlight. Mashima's new fave char?. Heck, Mashima totally ignored Gajeel in this one. Even if you say he fought, those were just some fodder. He's supposed to be in Natsu's level.

I just hope that Grimoire Heart is just self proclaimed strongest guild. I still have hopes for Tartaros. And there's Raven Tail. One of the strongest Dark Guild that doesn't have any ally. A show of their strength. Maybe Tartaros will be the one to give FT a complete utter defeat and not Raven Tail coz, you know, Laxus is the one who needs to settle that and there's Gildarts. He has a dislike for Ivan.

Krono
August 28, 2011, 12:44 PM

Unlike Gajeel, Natsu did not get a sword lengthwise through his arm, then shatter it while it was still in the arm. I don't think people quite grasp how damaging that is. People also forget that Natsu got some healing from Wendy at one point, while Gajeel's had to settle for bandages.

Because while Azuma restored power that he'd stolen from Fairy Tail members, and from the land, with the tree down, it's protective spells were apparently still interrupted. In other words "Knocking tree over" = "protective spell broken", and could theoretically be done by anyone. Azuma could go one further and hijack control of the land and the connections to the Fairy Tail members.

White Silver King
August 28, 2011, 01:05 PM
Unlike Gajeel, Natsu did not get a sword lengthwise through his arm, then shatter it while it was still in the arm. I don't think people quite grasp how damaging that is. People also forget that Natsu got some healing from Wendy at one point, while Gajeel's had to settle for bandages.

That still doesn't mean he should have enough magic/physical stamina to fight and defeat (or nearly so) 4 members of the strongest team in the strongest Dark Guild in Fiore - including their leader. He fought Bluenote too but I don't really count that as a real fight since it lasted all of 20 seconds.

exacta
August 28, 2011, 01:45 PM
Azuma just returned the magic power he absorbed from the FT members then when Ultear fixed the tree, the tree gave them boost again and protection.
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I just hope that Grimoire Heart is just self proclaimed strongest guild. I still have hopes for Tartaros. And there's Raven Tail. One of the strongest Dark Guild that doesn't have any ally. A show of their strength. Maybe Tartaros will be the one to give FT a complete utter defeat and not Raven Tail coz, you know, Laxus is the one who needs to settle that and there's Gildarts. He has a dislike for Ivan.

Bahhh....stupid plot device tree. Maybe Raven Tail and Tartaros will form an alliance now, and perhaps a third guild will step in and reform the Balam Alliance. If Fairy Tail's friendship is really this strong, they should team up.

Though to be honest, when Grimoire Heart first appeared, I was hoping that later in the arc when FT was in a really tight spot Tartaros would appear and actually attack GH for control of Zeref, and then the Council would fire Etherion, forcing everyone to retreat. Perhaps Tartaros could still ambush them and steal Zeref or at least all the keys. I can't imagine GH being the only guild after Zeref, especially since they've just been defeated. And I'm not sure if Zeref can operate all by himself as the major antagonist of this manga.

ErosVp
August 28, 2011, 02:02 PM
I think Tartaros and Raven Tail will ally themselfs to Zeref after his awakening.... It was said that Zeref lead Dark guilds in war long time ago right?

kkck
August 28, 2011, 07:16 PM
I wonder how much of a powerboost lily got from his sword... Back in edolas he was a general and fought on par with gazille even without his sword. This sword rather than having its own magical power like other edolas weapons would appear to have its source of power in lily. On one hand that might prove to be a powerboost as the sword will have lily's own magic. On the other hand it could prove to be a handicap as using more magic should further limit his battle form. It is promising though.

Anyways, I wonder what the result of destroying the heart thingy will be. Is that the key? Is it possible for charle and happy to actually have released something worst than hades? Why did this require hades to hide away his eye? Why did hades have his eyepatch on 40 years back when makarov became master? Its all a bit too weird... perhaps zeref actually recovered his eye from some sort of magic.... Will hades die now that his power source is either destroyed or freed?

kakashidad
August 29, 2011, 01:17 PM
I think Tartaros and Raven Tail will ally themselfs to Zeref after his awakening.... It was said that Zeref lead Dark guilds in war long time ago right?

When was that said then?Can you provide the issue you saw that bit of info in please...ta.

exacta
August 29, 2011, 06:35 PM

I don't know when or if it was said he lead dark guilds but it wouldn't surprise me if he had one. But I can see what you said happening very easily, because Mashima did the same thing with Rave, he united a bunch of evil factions together under the main antagonist.

Kuzumikun
August 30, 2011, 03:01 AM
Okay chapter. I want to say I loved the cover page, I would have liked it if they joined Fairy Tail, as like extras. For people complaining Hades is evil first of all and he needed to be taken down, I personally like how he was taken down anyways it wasn't because of a random ass-pull it was because 1) His "magic source" was destroyed 2)Ultear brought the tree to it's normal state which gave everyone magical power back. Can't wait to see how this all turns out.

Ifrit
August 30, 2011, 08:22 AM
I don't know when or if it was said he lead dark guilds but it wouldn't surprise me if he had one. But I can see what you said happening very easily, because Mashima did the same thing with Rave, he united a bunch of evil factions together under the main antagonist.

I think Zeref made it clear here

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/242/13

Darjaille
August 30, 2011, 12:07 PM
Ok chapter. I don't see problem with cats destroying the heart, Ultear taking back what she did and our five heroes taking down Hades.

Capricorn is summoned, Lucy is alive, Zeref is somewhere around and next title is Magic is alive (or something like that), so I bet we AT LAST get the info. Yahoo.
It better be the ^ chapter.

White Silver King
August 30, 2011, 05:38 PM
I think Zeref made it clear here

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/242/13
I don't see him giving any indication that he has his own guild.

Ifrit
August 30, 2011, 10:17 PM
I don't see him giving any indication that he has his own guild.

lol.....I posted this to say that he doesn't and never had one.

I actually don't think Zeref is a bad guy. He caused chaos in the past by creating demons not that he destroyed the world by using dark guilds he used his own demons. But question is if he can control them or actually made them on purpose I don't think he did. HADES said magic was born in darkness or something like that. If Zeref is the source of magic and the source of magic is EVIL it self like HADES said then the reason Zeref want Natsu to kill him is because he knows he can't control him self and his magic will only bring destruction to this world.

one other thing I would like to know : HADES said Makarov changed Fairy Tail. too much light was shown on magic. I wonder what he meant by that ( Fairy Law ) maybe.

oh what I mean by Zeref can't control his magic or his demons: the dead waves kept coming while he is warning everyone to run away ( and that only in his sleeping state)...why would he do that if he's really bad guy.

ErosVp
August 31, 2011, 02:27 AM
Damn! I was reading FT again something led me to believe what i stated before, but i can't find it now... I think it was at the tower of heaven arc...

RaveDragon
September 01, 2011, 05:20 AM
Ok chapter. I don't see problem with cats destroying the heart, Ultear taking back what she did and our five heroes taking down Hades.

Capricorn is summoned, Lucy is alive, Zeref is somewhere around and next title is Magic is alive (or something like that), so I bet we AT LAST get the info. Yahoo.
It better be the ^ chapter.

i bet it will be so tiny that will be gnawing our heads off but itll be juicy enough for us not to kill our computer cuz it made us curious.
It must be somthing to do with the source of magic which makes me elieve the theory that its not a place or an object but a person or more or some kind of creature more. Like whatever the cats destroyed on the ship, it was alive so hmm

Krono
September 01, 2011, 09:20 AM
That still doesn't mean he should have enough magic/physical stamina to fight and defeat (or nearly so) 4 members of the strongest team in the strongest Dark Guild in Fiore - including their leader. He fought Bluenote too but I don't really count that as a real fight since it lasted all of 20 seconds.

Well, first of all, Natsu did not defeat, or nearly defeat Ultear, so your count of four members is wrong in that regard. That said, the battle with Kain does not appear to have been nearly as taxing as the battle with Zancrow or Ultear.

After that you have to consider how much time has past. They landed on the island sometime during the day, and the sun was still shining fairly high in the sky when the second half of the exam started which was supposed to take six hours. Presumably the plan was to finish before nightfall, camp out and eat, and head back the next day. Instead, Grimmoire Heart attacked during those 6 hours, and they beat Hades roughly around dawn of the next day.

That leaves a lot of down time to rest and recover magic, particularly with the tree helping to boost their magic recovery until Azuma's battle with Erza. Furthermore a shortage or outright lack of sleep shouldn't be a big problem, considering that the Oricon Seis arc likewise started during the day, continued far into the night, and finished up around dawn, and the Tower of Paradise arc likewise started during the day and continued into the night.

In general this arc has taken place over the course of a good 12 hours or more. You just don't notice because of the pacing Mashima keeps minimizes awareness of the down times where nothing of note is going on other than "hurry up and wait."

Makarov, Gajeel, Mirajane, Elfman, and Evergreen haven't benefited from the passage of time in the same way Natsu's team has, because they're gravely wounded, having sustained what should have been life threatening, or outright fatal wounds if it weren't for the additional protection the tree granted.

On a different note, there was a comment from Mashima in chapter 247:

http://i.imgur.com/UpBXM.jpg

We will apparently be getting a third OAD. This one will be an original story rather than an adaptation of an existing one.

Quantized
September 01, 2011, 07:37 PM

1 -Heroes never lose
2 -Heroes never lose

he is kinda the big bad leader behind the show but not the flashy one. Also dragging on the fighting wont give us anything? You honestly believed Hades would win? A good reason why Hades is downplayed as in having a power source taken out is because of the 1 guy that scared the council guys to pee their pants with 1 word, Acnologia. And they ran like chickens.

So >Zeref not Hades is the main baddie here.

Another part well portrait is the Ultear deception as a child what happened to her, and her realization of it. And eventually she wants to amend for her wrong deeds. Restoring the tree. However as Meredy watches it seems she might turn on her.

I just dont get how people claim to want some elaborate told story > are presented with 1 but start pissing all over it because its not what their fan-wishes are. Immature really.

What some people proposed should happen has little to nothing to do with this arc. Like someone taking over Canas fairy glitter or perhaps how Laxus singlehandedly should defeat hades. All kinda out of nowhere to me as well. So whats the difference other then it not being *your* choice of events.

You also forget something :p
It's not oki if the villain just loose, it's HOW they loose.
Exactly like love, it's not enough to just love, it's how you love one that matters.

It's totally not oki to just get the job done in a flashy quick way and get over with it, it needs development.. :tem