PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Gantz 346 Discussion/347 Prediction Thread

GAT-X252
August 24, 2011, 09:55 AM
Chapter is out, you can get it here (http://www.filesonic.com/file/1750752741/Gantz_346.zip)

102jayday
August 24, 2011, 10:39 AM
Only 3 pages of Tae! :D That was pretty interesting, they all were watching it on screen. Reminds me of how the germanys said that they watch the fights and place bids (something to those lines). Hmm there are prey mantis aliens at the end, I don't think they will attack but if they do they should get own. Way to go nerdo and Anzu just watching to attack the alien...but the humans stuffed up by panicking and attacked but you can't blame them because of the fear.

OooOo there was a G suit in the pool and it was ripped open with no one inside it just blood.

TheMannam
August 24, 2011, 11:18 AM
Alright, so they bring some of the people there, they televise the fights, and when it's all over, they go drop the bodies in that pit. This makes it seem all the more likely that these aliens are the ones that were shot up into the sky.

Perhaps this arena event is called Catastrophe.

Frogfoot
August 24, 2011, 01:38 PM
It's out, waiting for someone to translate it a little

GAT-X252
August 24, 2011, 02:24 PM
Hmm there are prey mantis aliens at the end, I don't think they will attack but if they do they should get own.

I don't think it's going to be that easy.

That weird dude said "They're here!", so it's very likely that those aliens did all that mess in the pool.

Matariel
August 24, 2011, 11:18 PM
OooOo there was a G suit in the pool and it was ripped open with no one inside it just blood.
I swear down Oku just uses dead people using G-suits as a way to show how big bad the new aliens are now.

It's like the Gantz version of the Worf Effect.

I guess it'd be pretty cool if that suit was still functional though.

102jayday
August 25, 2011, 12:52 AM
^ Yeah his doing the same thing he did in the Italy mission. Its interesting to see what Aliens did that, they like ripped the person out the suit. Because the giant aliens got own by the G suit.

If those aliens that were behind the kids did this then how? They able to use ESP powers and blow bits. It would be cool if those aliens change form into awesome powerful looking aliens.

Anyone else notice Oku had like a soft/weak pen doing this, the drawings were very light. I loved how he did Kurono in page 5.

GAT-X252
August 25, 2011, 02:20 AM
I wonder if there is another team right now in another location of the ruins, that giant ugly alien just went away for no real reason...unless he was fighting a team near the "pool" and when the team was wiped out, he just left. Were these humanoid looking bugs part of the massacre? I guess so otherwise that dude wouldn't be so scared when they appeared.

About the Powered Suit. Did they ripped the person out of the suit or the person inside just left because the aliens ruined it? It would be too convenient if the suit was still functional, i mean, it looks like it's complete and not cut in half like Oka's suit at the end or that suit in Rome...and then there is that cover with Kurono wearing a powered suit.

102jayday
August 25, 2011, 02:31 AM
Look on the inside, some bit of dirt or blood? Yeah It doesn't look damage but just open up so yeah the person prob jumped out and ran. Prob used the smoke screen (jumped out and run)
You know, general blondie Ivan will see kurono on TV....so shit will hit the fan then.

GAT-X252
August 25, 2011, 02:40 AM
We don't know the deal with the smoke screen tho...could be the powered suit equivalent to the normal suit's "leaking", i don't know...

But why would he leave the suit if it gives you an incredible protection against almost anything? It's not like it makes you slower...the zaibatsu guy did pretty well with that thing on...

102jayday
August 25, 2011, 02:51 AM
He could of been in the situation Kurono was in with the chibi aliens. They have hold of him and are trying to rip his arms,legs and head off, so he panicked. Those giants didn't get the chance to damage the zaibatsu guy and I doubt they could 1 hit kill the G suit. Sooo what kind of alien could do this? It's not like the suit would of broke down, maybe the aliens had some sort of ESP or the guy was dumb and thought it was his best chance to escape by using the suit as a decoy. Nah the aliens would of made him somehow open it like pushing a button >.> Like how the vampires would have a suit completely damage by pressing their fingers into the points.

GAT-X252
August 25, 2011, 03:30 AM
Maybe they punched him until the suit went bad or they used ESP on him until the suit couldn't stand it anymore...i don't know, it could be many things...

But it would be too convenient for Kurono to find one of those, empty, in a perfect state in the situation. But i guess it can happen.

102jayday
August 25, 2011, 04:30 AM
Didn't one gantzer say in the osaka/Italy mission that you can't use the someone elses G suit? I know Nishi said you can't wear anyone elses normal suit. They would have to get Gantz make one for themselves like zaibatsu did.

Charlie
August 25, 2011, 02:33 PM
Didn't one gantzer say in the osaka/Italy mission that you can't use the someone elses G suit? I know Nishi said you can't wear anyone elses normal suit. They would have to get Gantz make one for themselves like zaibatsu did.

I think that was said for the normal suit itself and If I recall correctly, I think it was told to Kei when he tired to use someone else suit.
If they can use weapons like the H gun that's been found lying on the floor, perhaps the g suit will not be an exception.

That is what I'm hoping for because I want to see Kei use one.

M-Hario
August 25, 2011, 04:22 PM
'sup guys.

I know it's a bit late, but the scan is already out.

As always, thanks to mote for translating this chapter.

Enjoy it: http://mangatopia.net/manga/gantz-en/chapter/346

ownage404
August 25, 2011, 06:34 PM
Nobody can use the G suit if it's not theres. Remember when the Zaibaitsu guy got his suit? I'm pretty sure it's just an add on to your normal suit.

So if you can't wear someone else's normal suit than i you cant take someone elses G suit.

Damura
August 25, 2011, 09:04 PM
The insects here must be related with the ones up attacking Anzu's group. And the chicken thing. They all go 'cluck cluck cluck'. I think these mantis things could be what was growing out of the bodies of those human looking aliens that Anzu/Nerdo encountered.

It's not quite clear what they look like but it's not too hard to imagine that they might eventual develop into full mantis creatures. It looks like the kids have been taken over too, if you ignore the fact that they're covering up their genitals, which you normally wouldn't expect.

Something's not right here... Blondie knows exactly where both Kei's are. Why isn't he doing anything? Why weren't Nishi/Takeshi transferred along with the others? Was the new guy talking about the giants when he said they're too smart, too powerful etc.? What does he mean by that? If they're so clever why are they sending random people to die against the Gantzers?

Either Oku's just being way too dramatic about the giants or whoever's really in charge is basically toying with them. I wonder if Kurono's hostage is really on his side or whether she's been given orders somehow to lure him to an ambush. Could the giants actually be going easy on the Gantzers? I mean quite a few giants are dying but how is it that they could contain something powerful enough to absolutely steam roll several Gantz teams, when they can barely take on Tokyo team?

DarkFoxTeam
August 25, 2011, 09:11 PM
Hmmm the ending of the chapter was very interesting i wonder if the item (or alien) the 2 children have controls the aliens behind them and also the look at the little boys eyes makes me feel as if they are both possessed by that alien looking thing. Anyways looks like things are about to get real intense lets just hope the gantzers make it out alive and that Nerd and Anzu can protect the innocent people.

Damura
August 25, 2011, 09:11 PM
Wonder if the chicken is controlling them or something? I mean if it is it's got the perfect shield.

DarkFoxTeam
August 25, 2011, 09:18 PM
Wow i didnt really notice it was a chicken but anyways yea it could be that the chicken is controlling them which could also mean that the aliens behind them are in control. I wonder how strong they are since they were able to take down a whole army of Gantzers and how im curious to know how they fight.

GAT-X252
August 25, 2011, 10:33 PM
The insects here must be related with the ones up attacking Anzu's group. And the chicken thing. They all go 'cluck cluck cluck'. I think these mantis things could be what was growing out of the bodies of those human looking aliens that Anzu/Nerdo encountered.

It's not quite clear what they look like but it's not too hard to imagine that they might eventual develop into full mantis creatures. It looks like the kids have been taken over too, if you ignore the fact that they're covering up their genitals, which you normally wouldn't expect.

Something's not right here... Blondie knows exactly where both Kei's are. Why isn't he doing anything? Why weren't Nishi/Takeshi transferred along with the others? Was the new guy talking about the giants when he said they're too smart, too powerful etc.? What does he mean by that? If they're so clever why are they sending random people to die against the Gantzers?

Either Oku's just being way too dramatic about the giants or whoever's really in charge is basically toying with them. I wonder if Kurono's hostage is really on his side or whether she's been given orders somehow to lure him to an ambush. Could the giants actually be going easy on the Gantzers? I mean quite a few giants are dying but how is it that they could contain something powerful enough to absolutely steam roll several Gantz teams, when they can barely take on Tokyo team?

This entire situation seems to be inspired by the missions. A forced transfer to an area full of aliens, they all look bug-alike so they might be from the same "race" of creatures. Even the screening is reminiscing of the germans and their gambling games.

Yes, it could be...maybe those aliens with six nipples are survivors from a previous invasion and the humanoid bugs planted their eggs on them? or maybe they are just a younger version of them.

Plot device, they'll eventually meet, maybe he is just waiting for the right moment...same with Takeshi and Nishi, they just wanted to blew up the base and after they did they transfered the team to that place...Oku just wanted Nishi and Takeshi together in a new adventure.

There is no one else pulling the strings...or at least it seems so. Plenty of hunters died in the big battle when the teams went for the first time to the alien ship, aliens have more numbers and the high ranked soldiers can take out hunters easily by just dashing over them.

But yeah, this guys seems to be in another level taking out a guy with the powered suit. Maybe they are survivors from another invasion and made a truce with the giants if they let them live there. Or maybe the giants have more resources than we believe...and those bugs are being controled by the giants.

meowykid
August 25, 2011, 11:15 PM
This entire situation seems to be inspired by the missions. A forced transfer to an area full of aliens, they all look bug-alike so they might be from the same "race" of creatures. Even the screening is reminiscing of the germans and their gambling games.

Yes, it could be...maybe those aliens with six nipples are survivors from a previous invasion and the humanoid bugs planted their eggs on them? or maybe they are just a younger version of them.

Plot device, they'll eventually meet, maybe he is just waiting for the right moment...same with Takeshi and Nishi, they just wanted to blew up the base and after they did they transfered the team to that place...Oku just wanted Nishi and Takeshi together in a new adventure.

There is no one else pulling the strings...or at least it seems so. Plenty of hunters died in the big battle when the teams went for the first time to the alien ship, aliens have more numbers and the high ranked soldiers can take out hunters easily by just dashing over them.

But yeah, this guys seems to be in another level taking out a guy with the powered suit. Maybe they are survivors from another invasion and made a truce with the giants if they let them live there. Or maybe the giants have more resources than we believe...and those bugs are being controled by the giants.
I personally think those "bugs", are genetically engineered creatures made to fight against humans, for pure entertainment in the arena.

Either way, this whole Arena thing reminds me of Aliens vs Predator .

York
August 25, 2011, 11:40 PM
You think all the dead are from the failed rescue missions, or have they been dumping people to fight here since the start? Looks like there may be more SDF that snuck aboard too.

Still curious how hostile the aliens would have been if that guy hadn't freaked out. Though freaking out was, understandable..

Anyway, nice to see Kei1 back on track.
And yes, those kids are giving off a genuinely ominous vibe.

Blondie knows exactly where both Kei's are. Why isn't he doing anything?
I expect him when it's inopportune. Wonder which one he'll think he has a vendetta against?

Why weren't Nishi/Takeshi transferred along with the others?
Easier to divide and conquer? Maybe they only knew about Gantzers that were already on the ship, so they blew up the apartment to get anyone they missed.

Damura
August 25, 2011, 11:54 PM
Those spider things still don't make any sense. How exactly do those spiky balls underneath them even do anything?

Blondie's probably going to go after Kei1. They have the same DNA presumably but he probably recognises Kei1's clothes? Maybe?

I'm still not clear on how the other gantzers showed up in this place. Were they forced there like Tokyo team was? The guy seemed surprised that they couldn't leave..

I wonder how the fight is going to go down. Reika's fairly amateur, and it looks like hand-to-hand might be very dangerous considering even a G-suit apparently got wrecked.. If they are that dangerous then normal strategies won't work, so Kei/Katou might not even be that useful. I think this fight might be for the new guys to show off tbh.

102jayday
August 26, 2011, 12:58 AM
The guy said they came there to save people and was shocked when he heard kurono's team was force/hacked transfer. So someone else must of done that. The giant aliens are too arrogant and naive, they have dump aliens there to be a gladiator arena. Those mantis I think do have some control over the kids and if thats so maybe they have some ESP power that took out the G suit guy. I think if Ivan sees the broadcast he will take action but I think he may bump into Kei1 instead..but Kei2 when be so confused to why Ivan wants him dead so bad. Lol I thought Anzu was dead when she said to nerdo to go get the others, but nerdo was smart saying they have to stay together.
Nishi and Takashi were not transfer because the person who did this thought the ambush in the room would of been enough. The person hasn't noticed Cherry yet because his being low key by having everything in sight die lol.

GAT-X252
August 26, 2011, 02:03 AM
But the giants are screening this on television, they obviously are involved, the creatures that went to the room to destroy it also belong to the giants.

They know the hunters are the real threat and they've been looking ways to stop them, starting with the news that peace has been settled and the hunters are terrorists.

Maybe they found a black sphere and hacked the entire network.

Anowood
August 26, 2011, 03:14 AM
I thought the whole chapter that the big aliens watched something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Df05HVpkF4

Damura
August 26, 2011, 07:28 AM
If they went there on purpose looking for civilians how did they get the coordinates? This place is nothing like the meat factories.

Matariel
August 26, 2011, 09:29 AM
I mean quite a few giants are dying but how is it that they could contain something powerful enough to absolutely steam roll several Gantz teams, when they can barely take on Tokyo team?
Lets be honest though. Other Gantz teams, as great as they may be; are nothing but a bunch of redshirts to show how powerful the new foe is. The Osaka team did that. The international teams in Rome did that too. These new team(s) in the mass grave are probably there for the same reason.

I mean, the Tokyo team might lose some people now; it's way overdue. But you know they're going to come out of this on top and show how super duper awesome the Tokyo team is.

Or deus ex cherry is going to arrive and ruin everyone's day. (This won't happen)

warbandit66
August 26, 2011, 12:06 PM
I thought this chapter was actually quite depressing. The way the man spoke of their mission to save people and how all his team mates where slaughtered, the man hopelessly fighting against the monsters in the arena, the aliens watching with glee, Tae seeing her people being used in a form of barbaric entertainment all came together to make a very powerful chapter. At least for me anyway.

Damura
August 26, 2011, 12:30 PM
^

I couldn't really take it seriously. It was pretty lazy. Did you see the two injured people slowly kneel down and die in sync together? Lol. And of course Tae stumbles upon the TV just in time, and the giants fortunately decide to ignore her.

I liked the fight against the insects though. One person lost their cool and all hell broke loose. Bad luck.

@Matariel: I think the difference was the Osaka arc was done well whereas the Italy/Katastrophe arcs weren't. The Osaka team was pretty much better than the Tokyo team. Everything else has pretty much been fodder at it's most basic level.

That said it doesn't mean that Tokyo is going to come out on top in this fight. We'll have to wait and see, though lately the series has become somewhat predictable (being locked out of revives/weapons etc., characters being injured badly only to survive and be healed later, Tae. All that). I guess we're going to find out soon enough, but I don't think that the Tokyo regulars are going to do much here if the enemy is that dangerous. They're pretty average, or so it always seemed to me. Then again, most characters in Italy and in Katastrophe have been absurdly weak aside from a few good characters and (luckily....) the new guys. Maybe Osaka was a one off. They had quite a few good people on their side.

GAT-X252
August 26, 2011, 01:35 PM
I was thinking...maybe Kaze dies and Nishi takes Takeshi as his protégé.

They will clearly stick together for a while, or at least i think that's were Oku is going with this.

Charlie
August 26, 2011, 01:46 PM
This might be a mission where they will need to snipe the targets. If the other team did a full frontal battle and even the g suit was not much help, then I think they will need to come up with a strategic plan. Much like the one used against Nuri. I wonder if these giant grasshopper / mantis aliens are extremely strong like the Rome aliens.

Having that surviving member will prove useful in figuring out the enemies weakness.

DarkFoxTeam
August 26, 2011, 04:35 PM
No not Kaze if he goes im have the same sad feeling i did when i saw Kato die in the Buddha Temple mission T_T

Though it would interesting to see Nishi take Takeshi as his protégé lol

Anowood
August 26, 2011, 05:04 PM
I would rather like to see that Kaze takes care of Nishi and Takeshi.

Forever Rain
August 26, 2011, 05:17 PM
Once again the stupidest people ever. Anzu should of just shot the bug and told him to stfu because this isn't a game! Look around, you're naked lost in a strange new world and aliens all around. But it doesn't matter now he's dead.

Well I liked the chapter though, at first I thought it didn't make good enough progress but it brought in tension and fear into the equation.

Charlie
August 26, 2011, 08:51 PM
Welcome to the Gantz Forum and MH, Anowood. Take look over at the Member Zone Section, (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/935-Member-Zone)
where you can create an introduction thread and say hello to the community.

Once again the stupidest people ever. Anzu should of just shot the bug and told him to stfu because this isn't a game! Look around, you're naked lost in a strange new world and aliens all around. But it doesn't matter now he's dead.

Well I liked the chapter though, at first I thought it didn't make good enough progress but it brought in tension and fear into the equation.

This chapter felt like a Gantz chapter, if that made any-sense. Compared to the past couple chapters where I think it just did not cover enough in the chapter or it felt too short. On the plus side it was nice to see the humans fight back. I have no idea what the two little kids got themselves into. Maybe because they're young the Mantis aliens did not attack them or they're using them as a bait to find the other humans.

York
August 26, 2011, 09:16 PM
Ay just had a thought, what happens when Kei1 finally finds Tae, and she's watching Kei2 on the bigscreen? Could be awkward trying to explain that. lol

I thought this chapter was actually quite depressing. The way the man spoke of their mission to save people and how all his team mates where slaughtered, the man hopelessly fighting against the monsters in the arena, the aliens watching with glee, Tae seeing her people being used in a form of barbaric entertainment all came together to make a very powerful chapter. At least for me anyway.

I thought it had a pretty good impact as well.
Also liked how the style of shading was done when the survivor was talking to them. Almost like the sun was setting, seemed to match how the scene was getting darker.

TheMannam
August 26, 2011, 09:48 PM
Scumbag Tae:

Life miraculously spared,
Goes running into the first big ass group of giants she sees.

Charlie
August 26, 2011, 10:51 PM
Scumbag Tae:

Sure her survival can be called a lot of things, miraculous one of them and for many that seems to even add more negative points for her but I don't see how she is a scumbag. /:

If anything it goes to show that Oku hasn't decided how to write her off just yet.

warbandit66
August 27, 2011, 10:04 AM
Scumbag Tae:

Hahahahaha at calling Tae a scumbag for wandering aimlessly through an alien land.

Asahina
August 27, 2011, 01:05 PM
It's hard to tell if the aliens are rooting for the humans or the bug-monsters.
Their laughter is a bit annoying though. Tae seems a little disappointed at them too..lol

Well, it's safe to say Tae will be saved. But if she dies in front of Korono, there will be serious hell to pay.

TheMannam
August 27, 2011, 05:02 PM
Hahahahaha at calling Tae a scumbag for wandering aimlessly through an alien land.

G-I-A-N-T-S.

And, again, "Scumbag x; something positive, something contradictory" is just a meme.

EDIT:
Asahina, I doubt they care either way.

Matariel
August 27, 2011, 11:09 PM
It's hard to tell if the aliens are rooting for the humans or the bug-monsters.
I don't think they care, to be honest.

It's just entertainment.

Forever Rain
August 28, 2011, 09:49 AM
This chapter felt like a Gantz chapter, if that made any-sense. Compared to the past couple chapters where I think it just did not cover enough in the chapter or it felt too short. On the plus side it was nice to see the humans fight back. I have no idea what the two little kids got themselves into. Maybe because they're young the Mantis aliens did not attack them or they're using them as a bait to find the other humans.

I understand what you are saying and think this chapter felt like a "Gantz chapter" as well. During all the missions the members were always up against some crazy odds and right around the corner was always something worst. When reading you would always think "how are they going to get out of THIS situation" and start wondering who's not going to make it back alive.

This chapter reintroduced that sort of fear. The game is on, it's no longer just them traveling, figuring out what's going on or what's their next plan of action. It's a survival game again and people are (possibly) going to start getting killed and wounded forcing them to think on their feet or die trying.

Ruhina
September 01, 2011, 01:53 AM
I think the "informant" is going to lose his head, run and get decapped by an alien. Besides, remember in Italy where the fight started with that G-suit being destroyed and everyone and the cat seemed stronger than Tokyo but hopelessly outmatched? Something equivalent here, the G-suit thrown in for show and Tokyo most likely doing a lot better than the other team.

Matariel
September 06, 2011, 08:10 AM
I think the "informant" is going to lose his head, run and get decapped by an alien.
Probably.

I'd be more surprised if he lived than anything else. It seems to happen all the time in Gantz; if they find someone who might possibly be able to give some info/context to a situation, he/she is sure to die soon.

Plus the occasional caption about how all hope is lost and there is nothing but despair, or how hope has been regained.

Kazu-Sama
September 06, 2011, 02:28 PM
Is it just me wondering what the hell's happened to the Vamps? Weren't they part of the Gantz team too?

SK-Hao
September 08, 2011, 06:35 PM
No one is talking about the big issue here. Those wierd aliens that show up on the last two pages. Are they just more pawns of the giants used for entertainment or is there something bigger going on here.

To Oku: no more tae please I'm so tired of her; save her or kill her make up your mind and stop wasting our time and get to the real plot!