PDA

View Full Version : Discussion The top 5 nen users excluding Meruem

pirateninjahunter
August 25, 2011, 08:19 AM
Do you guys think one of the Top 5 nen users has already appeared or mentioned?

I am pretty sure that Gin Freecs is one of the current Top 5.
But of the other ones that have appeared, I would say that maybe Silva. Because he is probably at his prime right now, whereas Zeno probably is not.

What I also think is that maybe Kuroro and Hisoka are top 5.

Do you guys think that it is known exactly who are the top 5 nen users today?
Because I have the feeling that there are some people hiding their strength and just because of that they are not recognized as top 5 in the HxH universe. I think Hisoka is one of those.

chikkychappy
August 25, 2011, 09:01 AM
from those we've seen so far:

-ging
-netero
-silva/kuroro/zeno

BurnSchulz
August 25, 2011, 11:51 AM
Raiser was super strong too!

mrsticky005
August 26, 2011, 09:24 PM
I imagine at least one of the 3 star hunters is on the list.

pirateninjahunter
August 27, 2011, 05:36 PM
Who are the three star hunters? I suppose Gin is one of them.

Netero
August 27, 2011, 06:18 PM
Gin is only a 2 star hunter but he has the qualifications to be a 3 star hunter.

BurnSchulz
August 27, 2011, 08:33 PM
Gin is only a 2 star hunter but he has the qualifications to be a 3 star hunter.
Its not proved that he is only a two star Hunter. All we know is that he once had a two star Hunter License, but then Kaito had it. And this was years ago. Its possible that he rised up to a three star Hunter in the meantime.

Netero
August 27, 2011, 09:07 PM
Its not proved that he is only a two star Hunter. All we know is that he once had a two star Hunter License, but then Kaito had it. And this was years ago. Its possible that he rised up to a three star Hunter in the meantime.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he was a 3 star hunter it just hasn't been revealed yet.

BurnSchulz
August 27, 2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he was a 3 star hunter it just hasn't been revealed yet.
Thats correct.

Netero
August 27, 2011, 09:24 PM
Thats correct.

I don't know why but that just made laugh:XD

BurnSchulz
August 27, 2011, 10:10 PM
I don't know why but that just made laugh:XD
I just had nothing more to add there ^^

kkck
August 28, 2011, 11:55 AM
I thought hunter licenses could not be re-issued... what sort of position does gin have that he gets to be a hunter even without having his hunter license?

Tombadgerlock
August 28, 2011, 02:47 PM
You don't need a Hunter license to be a Hunter. That's why some people are called 'pro hunters'.

Also, Gin is most probably not 3 stars, as kite said 'he would compare not unfavorably to 3 stars hunters'.

kkck
August 28, 2011, 08:10 PM
But the license is still the one and only proof someone has of being a hunter and the only means to access information only accessible to hunters. Not sure what you mean by the pro hunter bit though.

pirateninjahunter
August 29, 2011, 07:59 PM
OMG! If Gin is not even one of the 3 star hunters, I believe that the power level still far from the summit of power!
If that is the case, it might be possible that there exists hunters that can alone beat Meruem. Anyone with me?
HunterxHunter universe is HUGE! I would not be surprised if there are some people stronger than Meruem.

NoFreakingWay
August 29, 2011, 09:41 PM
There are "Hunters" and "hunters".

"Hunters" are officially recognized by the Hunter Association, and are given the benefits of being recognized by that body, and "hunters" are people who just... hunt. Hunt anything, like treasure, lost areas, rare creatures, dreams, even fathers. That's where the idea "pro hunters" come in, the one Tombadger tells us about.

It's possible "hunters" and other people that aren't necessarily "hunters" have been trained with Nen. It's proven, in fact. Illumi learned Nen before passing as a Hunter. Probably Hisoka as well. So yes there are plenty of "hunters" with Nen or non-"hunters" that are nen-users. It's even possible that geniuses that do not train their Nen have the ability to impart nen through small signatures they unconsciously imbue the items they concentrate upon. But it's very likely that those people are not going to be as strong as Zeno (probably not a "Hunter" but a "nen-user") or Netero by a long shot. Because the Zoldick family wouldn't be a notorious name if they were not among the strongest in the world already. The Ryodan also has a great reputation and thus it's likely not many people have climbed to their level. The manga has always given us the impression that most Nen-users are untrained and are going to be weak or mediocre because of their individual pursuits (money, fame, etc.). Even nen-Trained Hunters aren't that good (Pokkle).

The idea here is that it's more likely that nen-users aren't going to be as strong as the Ging, the Ryodan, and the Zoldicks than the slight possibility of some groups of people being stronger than them. And that the Hunter Association-recognized "Hunters" are the ones who have a better shot at climbing at their level because they are going to be trained and have more opportunities to be strong. Uber Gon is the strongest Human we've seen so far and I don't even think Ging Freecs himself is that strong (I'm waiting to be disproved by hard evidence though).

It's highly unlikely that someone is going to top Meryem. I'm allowing my imagination to be restrained by the overtone of the manga that there isn't many who ae going to climb at Zeno's level, even, and so I wouldn't bet on anyone being stronger than him at any time. If anyone's going to be stronger than him they should have an Active and Passive Aura Power higher than him the day that they're born and that their Nen-abilities should obviously be enabled. The ants are the only ones so far that I know that are born with their nen already activated. Plus it's obvious that the ones who can fight him (Netero) had to train for years to accomplish the level they have. What if Meryem trains for that many years? Therefore, it's really unlikely that anyone's ever going to top Meryem.

About the Hunter License issue, I agree with the post that says the Hunter License cannt be reissued. I think I've read it somewhere before but I don't know which chapter iand page it is for proof. I'm going to do some digging then.

EDIT: Some relevant and semi relevant recommended readings for easy access that I found:

http://www.mangareader.net/207-14014-9/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-5.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14016-16/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-7.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14044-6/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-35.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14044-7/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-35.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14046-17/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-37.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14046-18/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-37.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14047-13/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-38.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14047-14/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-38.html

Ging couldn't have been a 3-star Hunter before he lost his card otherwise the card will indicate that he is indeed a 3-star Hunter and not just a 2-star one.

kkck
August 29, 2011, 11:01 PM
Well, the star thing has little to do with being powerful in general. Remember tsezugera from the greed island arc? The guy was nothing special as a nen user, heck gon and killua would actually have given him a run for his money. Yet, he was a one star hunter. You don't become a stared hunter due to your nen levels, you become one through your accomplishments. Of course a stared hunter is bound to be skilled but overall I would consider the situation mildly similar to bounties in OP.

hergipotter
August 30, 2011, 12:19 PM
Well, the star thing has little to do with being powerful in general. Remember tsezugera from the greed island arc? The guy was nothing special as a nen user, heck gon and killua would actually have given him a run for his money. Yet, he was a one star hunter. You don't become a stared hunter due to your nen levels, you become one through your accomplishments. Of course a stared hunter is bound to be skilled but overall I would consider the situation mildly similar to bounties in OP.

that's what i thought, too. Being a Star Hunter does not say much about your nen power, i think.

b2t: I think we don't know most of the top 5 yet. Gin is probably one of them, silver and kuroro maybe too, but i don't think that hisoka is on the list. Just my feeling...

kkck
August 30, 2011, 02:27 PM
I guess it kinda depends.... For one thing, within human levels the amount of nen is not what is important. Murao, hisoka, kuroro, other ryodan members, kaito.... as far as basic nen abilities are concerned it is very likely that they have very similar levels. Even if that were to not be the case it is very likely fights between them would in themselves be very close. Even bisk would likely be of the same level of people you just mentioned, she is 50 years old after all, she has had more than enough time to more than master nen (even if her ability has no battle applications so far).

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

now that I think about it, there is an issue as far as comparing those who we know.... What is our measuring scale so far? For the most part gon and killua since they are pretty much the weakest guys around. Their nen level gets praised every now and then but it also gets immediately shut down. Based on what we have seen from gon and killua, is there a skill difference between bisk, murao, knuckle, hisoka and a number of other people they have fought? I would argue that no... Gon and killua are remarkably weak in the grand scheme of things, by all intents and purposes novices at best. Remember the knuckle fights? Gon fought knuckle a number of times. After each fight he got a bit stronger due to bisk's training as we saw. He increased his nen significantly to say the least as he went from maintaining his ren from little under an hour to easily over an hour. Of course for a reinforcement type like gon such an improvement is significant, and what was the result of it? Knuckle beat the crap out of gon with ease. Basically, as much as gon's strength has improved through the manga he still has not gotten to a point where he could be considered strong in the grand scheme of things. Seriously, isn't it kinda strange that knuckle, and gensuru at large did beat the crap out of gon with the same ease? Gon only won against gensuru because he prepared thoroughly for that fight in all honesty, other than that it was clear gon could not even land a punch.... Now, does this necessarly suggest that people like gensuru or knuckle would stand a chance against hisoka? Not really actually. What I am ultimately trying to say is that we have no idea of how much of a difference there is between people who have been shown to be capable of beating the crap out of gon and killua.

Another interesting point is that people at times have argued that the ryodan is not so strong because they had trouble against the ants. Does this make a lot of sense though? We actually saw a couple of ants give people like murao or knuckle a decent bit of trouble. This is significant as murao is easily one of the strongest nen users we have seen (to the point where he is still knuckles teacher). Based on this I would argue that gon and killua are lucky they did not run into ant captains or commanders as they would have been killed considering the trouble they gave the ryodan or murao....

BurnSchulz
August 30, 2011, 05:39 PM
Alright...
i just read these sites wich NoFreakingWay posted:

http://www.mangareader.net/207-14014-9/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-5.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14016-16/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-7.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14044-6/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-35.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14044-7/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-35.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14046-17/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-37.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14046-18/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-37.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14047-13/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-38.html
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14047-14/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-38.html

..and from these we know that the Card Kaito lost was not the License Card from Gin, but the Certificate for the Two Star Hunter. The Number wich is on is the Number the Hunter get after he finished the Hunter Exam, and this Card is simply nothing more than something like a "proof" that he accomplished great enough things that he went to be a two star hunter.
Its kinda worthless i guess, because the information is also on the original Hunter License.
So i think that after you accomplish the one or two star Hunter level, you wont get a new license but the certificate for rising up to be one with the original Hunter ID on it.
There is no Two Star Hunter Exam, the Exam Number is the Number from the ordinary Hunter Exam, wich is printed on the Certificate.
Forthermore, Kaito told gon that Gin was often compared ti the three star hunters, but then he hunted him to be a "real" hunter. And within all the Time from the Point where Gin and Kaito meet to the moment now Gin could be risen to be a three star Hunter already.
I mean why should a certificate card with his number on it have the information of what happened after it was given to the person. Its just something like an honor badge. No wonder Gin gave it away. Because he still has his Hunterlicense.

NoFreakingWay
August 31, 2011, 02:47 AM
Alright...
i just read these sites wich NoFreakingWay posted:

..and from these we know that the Card Kaito lost was not the License Card from Gin, but the Certificate for the Two Star Hunter. The Number wich is on is the Number the Hunter get after he finished the Hunter Exam, and this Card is simply nothing more than something like a "proof" that he accomplished great enough things that he went to be a two star hunter.
Its kinda worthless i guess, because the information is also on the original Hunter License.
So i think that after you accomplish the one or two star Hunter level, you wont get a new license but the certificate for rising up to be one with the original Hunter ID on it.
There is no Two Star Hunter Exam, the Exam Number is the Number from the ordinary Hunter Exam, wich is printed on the Certificate.
Forthermore, Kaito told gon that Gin was often compared ti the three star hunters, but then he hunted him to be a "real" hunter. And within all the Time from the Point where Gin and Kaito meet to the moment now Gin could be risen to be a three star Hunter already.
I mean why should a certificate card with his number on it have the information of what happened after it was given to the person. Its just something like an honor badge. No wonder Gin gave it away. Because he still has his Hunterlicense.

Dude I'm sorry but what are you talking about? What Kaito dropped and Gon picked up is indeed a Hunter License Card, and it is Ging's Hunter License Card. It has some identifying marks on it like the name of the owner, the number which tells us when it was issued, and other things, like the Stars you get as a Hunter (this is how we know Ging is a 2-star Hunter).

It has a lot of functions, like you can swipe it on a reader to gain access to the Electronic Brain (The Hunter database), and all sorts of crap (like how Gon pawned his own Card it to raise money for the Auctions).

You should see how important it is because it gives the Hunter a lot of access to almost everything. Kurapika and Leorio explain its worth in one of the links I posted. That's why it's so important. Netero's Marshmallow-like secretary even mentioned that your first job as a Hunter is to take care of your Hunter License Card. It's that important to one's identity and mobility as a Hunter.

If you've ever played the newer Pokemon games there's a ID-like menu that is similar to the Hunter License card.

Why Ging abandoned it, I don't know. One could say that it's too boring for him to get a hold of all the benefits provided by the Hunter. Or it's a ballsy way of saying "I don't care about being a 'Hunter' anymore". Or he found something disagreeable or limiting with the Hunter Association system that drove him to make a statement by becoming a folk hero that's beyond anything provided by the merits given by the body. That's how badass he is, he's like a One Piece pirate whose status is comparable to Gold Roger in this manga except he's still alive inspiring our imaginations at what he could be doing at this time.

BurnSchulz
August 31, 2011, 06:51 AM
Dude I'm sorry but what are you talking about? What Kaito dropped and Gon picked up is indeed a Hunter License Card, and it is Ging's Hunter License Card. It has some identifying marks on it like the name of the owner, the number which tells us when it was issued, and other things, like the Stars you get as a Hunter (this is how we know Ging is a 2-star Hunter).
But in this page: http://www.mangareader.net/207-14047-13/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-38.html he tells Gon that this is a Certificate, not a license.
Of Course the Certificate has an identification Number, must be the Same Number as on the Original Hunter License to indentificade that this Certificate belongs to Gin.
License =/= Certificate
Look. This "Certificate" has this Chain thing like a Key Holder on it, the original License has not. After reading this pages you postet i doubt that Hunters will become New Licenses if they Rise up. I mean they say that they have to keep them well, so why giving them other ones then?
The License Card already proofs that he is a hunter, the Star level is more like an award, and for that you get this as a Certificate. Gin wouldnt throw his License away when you think about that the very first rule of a hunter is to keep that card. I mean look at all the benefits and permissions you got with that card. Like free travel to most countries, why should gin renounce to have that right if he wants to do all the great things he does?
He wouldnt want to be illigal intruder there...

.... Maybe except he wants to play a game with other Hunters like Carmen Sandiego and to find him also means to send him to Jail because all the Things he does were Illegal.....

NoFreakingWay
August 31, 2011, 08:26 PM
But in this page: http://www.mangareader.net/207-14047-13/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-38.html he tells Gon that this is a Certificate, not a license.
Of Course the Certificate has an identification Number, must be the Same Number as on the Original Hunter License to indentificade that this Certificate belongs to Gin.
License =/= Certificate
Look. This "Certificate" has this Chain thing like a Key Holder on it, the original License has not. After reading this pages you postet i doubt that Hunters will become New Licenses if they Rise up. I mean they say that they have to keep them well, so why giving them other ones then?
The License Card already proofs that he is a hunter, the Star level is more like an award, and for that you get this as a Certificate. Gin wouldnt throw his License away when you think about that the very first rule of a hunter is to keep that card. I mean look at all the benefits and permissions you got with that card. Like free travel to most countries, why should gin renounce to have that right if he wants to do all the great things he does?
He wouldnt want to be illigal intruder there...

.... Maybe except he wants to play a game with other Hunters like Carmen Sandiego and to find him also means to send him to Jail because all the Things he does were Illegal.....

Why would they have to issue another License when they could just do some modifications to the Original License to make it distinct from the normal Hunter Exam? And the modifications would be the cosmetic changes you saw on the so-called "Certificate".

Ging doesn't care about being a "Hunter" anymore. There's something in being a Hunter that I think is restrictive to Ging's wants and needs. Throwing away a "certificate" that doesn't affect anything about him being a Hunter is meaningless as a statement. The certificate must hold some equal or higher value to the normal Hunter License (since it distinguishes one from a normal Hunter Exam passer) or else the Hunter Association itself wouldn't bother printing them anymore. It is supposed to be value only for the Hunter and others won't be able to make use of it anyway so it's a big statement to throw something valuable away.

BurnSchulz
August 31, 2011, 09:24 PM
Ging doesn't care about being a "Hunter" anymore.Thats the point i can´t agree with even if we have no clue what Gin is up to nowadays. I´m Sorry, but i still dont believe that this "thing" with the keychain on it is anywhere near the value of the real Hunter license.

Ares Eurus
January 10, 2012, 12:34 AM
Ging Freecss IS ONE OF THE TOP 5 POWERFUL CHARACTER NEN USER INSIDE THE STORY NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!.

Ging Freecss, Gon's father, is an Archaeological Hunter and is Gon's motivation to become a Hunter because of his absence in Gon's life. Nearly nothing is known about him except that he is a "Double Hunter" (two stars) and has the qualifications, according to "Satotz - the first examiner", to become a Triple Hunter (three stars). He is extremely rich and as powerful as the president of a country. All other information about him is classified even in the official Hunters database. Netero said to Bisuke that Ging is one of the five best Nen users in the world. He is also the main creator of the Greed Island game.
Ging claims that he does not want to see Gon because he is too ashamed of himself for being absent in Gon's life. Despite that he seems confident in Gon's abilities and knows him better than anyone, as it was implied that he created Greed Island with the purpose of help with his training, to the point that he was willing to allow Gon to meet with him after beating the game, and claims that there was no need to visit him at the hospital as he is sure that despite being seriously injured, he will eventually recover. His codename is "Boar" and is one of the only two members who do not mimic its corresponding animal. His first real appearance in the manga is in chapter 319, where his suggestion of having all hunters elegible to vote or be a candidate in the election to decide the next chairman is chosen by a lottery. Ging Freecss indeed is one of the best , mysterious, powerful character in HXH as the orginal author really created the story for GON's adventure/quest to find his father someday and be eligible to meet him in person.

REMEMBER " GING IS ONE OF THE CREATOR OF GREED ISLAND AND CAPTURED RAZOR WHO HAPPENED TO BE SO POWERFUL THAT KILLUA, HISOKA, BISUKE AND GON TEAM UP JUST TO DEFEAT HIM "IN A GAME".

Imagine how powerful GING is that even SATOTZ a triple star hunter admire GING. It will be fair enough if the new author will acknowledge the character of GING as being created by the original author, "ONE OF THE TOP 5 NEN USER", "THE ONLY ONE WHO PASSED THE HUNTER EXAM ON HIS BATCH AS BEING RECOGINZED BY SATOTZ AS GON SHOWED IT TO HIM (SERIAL NUMBER -SHOWING THE DATE WHEN ONLY A SINGLE PERSON PASSED THE HUNTER EXAM AND SATOTZ KNOW IT/RECOGNIZED THE DATE SHOWED ON IT) " "EVEN THE CHAIRMAN OF HUNTER ORG RECOGNIZES HIM AS ONE OF THE DARKHORSE IN THE STORY" and "all other information about him is VERY CLASSIFIED EVEN INSIDE HUNTER ORG" "A VERY RICH AND POWERFUL CHARACTER AS SATOTZ TOLD GON" when Gon asked him about the HUNTER CARD he has on hand " This belong to a TWO STAR HUNTER ALL OTHER INFORMATION IS CLASSIFIED EVEN IN HUNTER ORGANIZATION - He can be compared to a president of a country who is very rich and powerful and the one who discovered RUIN OF LULUKA"

Uriel
February 26, 2012, 09:08 AM
Aside Hunters there is plenty powerful people in HxH world. I'm betting the Top Floor Master on Celestial Tower is one of these top 5.
..And maybe Pariston as well, since it was portrayed as equal to Ging at some point.

Not declared or recognized, I would say Alluka.

NoFreakingWay
February 27, 2012, 02:04 AM
SATOTZ a triple star hunter

I dunno about that.

Oh well. Probably New Kaito is in the mix there now.

Would say Ging is in there, purely due to Netero's remark.

Alluka though, well... I haven't seen her use her ability to help herself, so I can't call her one of the top guys. The top guys would be able to fully control their powers. Alluka, so far, couldn't. So I don't acknowledge her even though her ability is dang powerful.

Uriel
February 27, 2012, 06:43 AM
Nanika actually uses her power to impress Killua in her own will. She doesn't need nothing so it's why She doesn't help herself. But as far as an ability goes, this one is the most delicate and complicate we have ever seen in HxH with rules that allows her to completely ignore the strength of anyone.

That's what I call power.

NoFreakingWay
February 27, 2012, 07:07 AM
Nanika actually uses her power to impress Killua in her own will. She doesn't need nothing so it's why She doesn't help herself.

The question here is: does she use this power to help herself and not others?

She is useless to herself. She can't even defend herself. That's why she needs to be defended by the likes of Killua. She needs Killua to make decisions for her, at times. If her control over her power is absolute then she'd never be treated the way the rest of her family treats her.

Suppose you pit Netero against Alluka, who would win? Netero, obviously. Alluka really can't pester herself. Nanika doesn't seem to spam Nanika's powers with Nanika's own will. She'd be a sitting duck to Netero. She can't be in Netero's Top 5.

What I think Netero thinks is among the Top 5 are those people who have trained enough and are probably experienced enough. These don't count the Royal Guards, Meryem/ Meryem 2, Uber Gon, and Alluka/Nanika. They didn't train to get the strength they showed. They're on a power ranking outside Netero's so-called Top 5.

Even if Alluka/Nanika is shown (possibly in the future) to use his power with his own will, Alluka/Nanika still won't be eligible in the Top 5, since he's in the same class as Meryem who gained their power using unconventional, non-training means.

EDIT: Yep, I suck. BurnSchultz won that little discussion in this thread. Getting hit by my own logic (or getting hit by the failure of my logic) hah...

Uriel
February 27, 2012, 07:21 AM
We're not talking about fighters and it's not Netero Top 5. It's the world top 5 and I'm sure there must be someone there who doesn't fight. It's about Nen, and Nen is about complexity of the soul and how to proficiently use it. In the second part I must agree that Alluka is not there, but in terms of complexity and raw power Nanika is probably the Nen living most complex ever made thus being able to win a spot there.

NoFreakingWay
February 27, 2012, 07:26 AM
We're not talking about fighters and it's not Netero Top 5.

Oh really?

1. Alluka/Nanika
2. Zombie Pitou
3. Uber Gon
4. Centaur Yupi
5. Pufu

I didn't include New Kaito yet cuz' I haven't seen her fight. Zombie Pitou and Uber Gon could be interchangeable.

Rankings change so expect this to change as Togashi shows moar.

Thread closed...?

Uriel
February 27, 2012, 07:50 AM
I meant that it's not Netero Top 5 in the sense that it's the world ranking. Which we don't know.
I said Alluka could be in the top 5 if She was known.

I hate sarcasm. ¬¬

XXGenesis
February 27, 2012, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't count any of the Ants even though they can use Nen...They obviously would take up most of the list....All the Royal Guards have inexhaustible amount of Nen ...Meruem was practically a God when he came back...Netero already mentioned he's not the strongest Nen user anymore and that Gin was in the top5......

Now with that info....Gin automatically makes the list and I would put Partison on the list as well simply for him being portrayed as Gin's equal in the Zodiac and he was an opposition against president Netero, as the Vice-Chairman constantly standing in his way.. Netero fight agasin't the king...Makes you wonder which nen user would be able to react to his Hatsu technique which he can activate in 0.1 seconds....

Also We've seen Hatsu abilities and knowledge of Nen can decide the battle so not just because Nen users are strong doesn't mean they can't be defeated with somebody with less Aura....But a few more Notable experienced Nen users are....Zeno, Silva, Illumi, Hisoka, Kuruo, Razor, Morau.........

There are also specialization users such as Alluka and the girl who could tell ya fortune and other who aren't hunters but can use nen and maybe hide this ability...Also Hisoka appearing during the election and started ranking pro hunters....Most notably he rated Illimu 95 and the BOar zodiac a 90....He rated the GI girl 77 and fronwed but her Nen hatsu i'm sure is pretty skilled and sweet she's just not a fighter so....I believe the fans could possibly create a top 10 but not a top 5 because..We haven't seen what spectacular Hatsu or nen abilites most of the characters have and GI creators are obviously some pretty impressive nen user.......

And When Netero said that I don't believe he was entire talking about fighting capabilities but exactly how unique and potent they are with thier nen abilities...

Sea Hunter
February 29, 2012, 01:11 AM
It's top 5 nen users in the world, doesn't mean they can't be beaten that's another discussion.
We know Ging is one of them but we don't know anyone else for sure it's just guesses / speculations. Are we even sure Netero is among them? he himself said he's not as half strong as he was before, but i think from seeing his fight it's hard to imagine a stronger human tbh..

Most likely Hisoka isn't one of them, but according to the data books Togashi raised Hisoka's overall level between the 2 released Databooks that showed power levels, meaning he's not at his prime yet and that monster is still growing, probably same goes with Kuroro.

Some possibilites for the top 10, ant Kaito in the near future, Maha? (way past his prime but could be just like Netero's case), top floor master as stated before, one of the unknown creators of GI, Jairo? , Biske chama, maybe one of the 5000 hybrid ants...

As for Alluka / Nanika we don't know for sure that it doesn't use her power for her own because it doesn't have a motivation for anything for herself, or that she CAN'T use it for herself, if she can then she's above Mureum even...

NoFreakingWay
February 29, 2012, 03:50 AM
I meant that it's not Netero Top 5 in the sense that it's the world ranking. Which we don't know.
I said Alluka could be in the top 5 if She was known.

I hate sarcasm. ¬¬

I wouldn't count any of the Ants even though they can use Nen...They obviously would take up most of the list....All the Royal Guards have inexhaustible amount of Nen ...Meruem was practically a God when he came back...Netero already mentioned he's not the strongest Nen user anymore and that Gin was in the top5......

Now with that info....Gin automatically makes the list and I would put Partison on the list as well simply for him being portrayed as Gin's equal in the Zodiac and he was an opposition against president Netero, as the Vice-Chairman constantly standing in his way.. Netero fight agasin't the king...Makes you wonder which nen user would be able to react to his Hatsu technique which he can activate in 0.1 seconds....

Also We've seen Hatsu abilities and knowledge of Nen can decide the battle so not just because Nen users are strong doesn't mean they can't be defeated with somebody with less Aura....But a few more Notable experienced Nen users are....Zeno, Silva, Illumi, Hisoka, Kuruo, Razor, Morau.........

There are also specialization users such as Alluka and the girl who could tell ya fortune and other who aren't hunters but can use nen and maybe hide this ability...Also Hisoka appearing during the election and started ranking pro hunters....Most notably he rated Illimu 95 and the BOar zodiac a 90....He rated the GI girl 77 and fronwed but her Nen hatsu i'm sure is pretty skilled and sweet she's just not a fighter so....I believe the fans could possibly create a top 10 but not a top 5 because..We haven't seen what spectacular Hatsu or nen abilites most of the characters have and GI creators are obviously some pretty impressive nen user.......

And When Netero said that I don't believe he was entire talking about fighting capabilities but exactly how unique and potent they are with thier nen abilities...

It's top 5 nen users in the world, doesn't mean they can't be beaten that's another discussion.
We know Ging is one of them but we don't know anyone else for sure it's just guesses / speculations. Are we even sure Netero is among them? he himself said he's not as half strong as he was before, but i think from seeing his fight it's hard to imagine a stronger human tbh..

Most likely Hisoka isn't one of them, but according to the data books Togashi raised Hisoka's overall level between the 2 released Databooks that showed power levels, meaning he's not at his prime yet and that monster is still growing, probably same goes with Kuroro.

Some possibilites for the top 10, ant Kaito in the near future, Maha? (way past his prime but could be just like Netero's case), top floor master as stated before, one of the unknown creators of GI, Jairo? , Biske chama, maybe one of the 5000 hybrid ants...

As for Alluka / Nanika we don't know for sure that it doesn't use her power for her own because it doesn't have a motivation for anything for herself, or that she CAN'T use it for herself, if she can then she's above Mureum even...

Let's just remember that when Netero said Ging was amongst the Top 5 Nen Users, The Royal Guards and the King weren't born yet.

Anyway, if we give too many allowances for Nen Users we have already seen but haven't seen in a fight, or those we haven't even seen yet, then there's no point to discuss a Top 5 or even Top 10 ranking. Why? The list would go like this:

1. The God of Nen (we will probably never see this god fight)
2. Another God that we will never see
3. Another God that we already saw but hasn't seen in a fight yet
4. A Nen User we already saw but we haven't seen in a fight yet
5. Some Nen User that can do everything Alluka/Nanika could do except that Nen User could do more

Pretty pointless right?

That's why I think the proper Top 5 list should include Nen Users who have fulfilled the following:

1. Someone we actually saw fight and got to showcase a lot of their powers
2. Someone who trained their powers and didn't just get them since birth
3. Someone who could defend themselves

This way Meryem, the Royal Guards and Alluka/Nanika would not qualify and would make the list actually interesting to think about. Ging would not qualify either, but that's OK. We haven't seen him fight. He might get a chance to show it - that's up to Togashi. It's not our fault Ging didn't get to show off his glaciers of bad-assery. We shouldn't kick ourselves thinking about how strong someone could be if they haven't shown it. Unless that's what you like.

This is just like creating a Hatsu without using Specialization. We think a lot more based on what the manga has already shown.

Phantron
February 29, 2012, 03:51 AM
The top 5 are all clearly guys who are well-known in the world so if people didn't recognize them as being top 5 already then they're clearly not top 5 material. This means Gin is the only human character thus far that can be top 5 not counting the Zodiac (mostly because they've no real interaction with the main cast, not because they're powerful).

If you mean top 5 including all non human species including guys who appear to came from another planet (Uber Gon) or dimension (Alluka), it'd pretty much be the 3 Royal Guards + Uber Gon + Nanika.

Now if you talk about people who conceiveably could be considered as human beings in the world of HXH, and presumably we're also talking about the 5 strongest guy in the world (someone could be very powerful in aura but not necessarily good at fighting), based on the existing cast, I'd say:

Gin, Dragon, Silva, Hisoka, and Razor.

Dragon because he's said to be the most accomplished of the Zodiac, which means he's even more well-known than Gin. Pariston doesn't get in because he's literally a question mark in terms of power. He also repeatedly said that he is quite weak himself, and while he's probably lying, there's no evidence toward him being a fighting oriented person.

Silva gets it for being the leader of the family. In HXH people actually get old and become worse due to age. If Netero who was once definitely #1 considers himself out of top 5 for being old, then Maha cannot be in top 5 for the reason (similar age to Netero, must be weaker than Netero at prime by definition). Zeno doesn't make the list because again he's old. In the fight against Kuroro the dialogue indicates that he considers himself expendable compared to Silva, which would imply Silva ought to be stronger.

Razor gets in simply because he pretty much walked away without a scratch in the dodgeball game against one of the stronger teams assembled in HXH. Note that the dodgeball game is not even his most favorable matchup (Reinforcement has an advantage here). By the way, Razor is a convicted killer and he seems to be well versed in the ways of killing people too (he throws fireball in people's face and blow them up), which is actually a pretty big advantage in HXH since there are apparently a lot of people who are physically strong but not good at killing people (Biscuit is the best example of this). It's hard to imagine he'd actually be on the top 5 list since he was defeated by Gin, but we got no other characters to work with.

Hisoka gets in because there's no one else left who is both strong and trained in the way of killing people. He beats Ilumi since he gives Ilumi a score of less than 100 (assuming himself is 100). Kuroro doesn't get in because Kuroro can be defeated by ranged bombardment attacks like what Zeno did. Overall Kuroro should be considered as a better master of aura, but his ability is not optimized for fighting. He's the leader and the brain of the Spiders, not the limbs. Really out of the characters not Gin here he might be the most qualified to be in top 5 if it means overall mastery of aura (including noncombat purposes) but if you get into noncombat stuff, you literally have no idea how to compare two different people.

Li Mochou
February 29, 2012, 12:48 PM
1. netero --> he was the strongest. and what makes him the strongest is probably hyakushiki kannon and his speed. until his old age, he still had those. so, he could be still at least top 5 in the world.

2. ging --> netero said himself he was in top 5

3. yupi --> he almost killed shoot in 10 secs. his aura is 10 times of morau which is CRAZY! he can turn his body into any weapon. he is physically strong (killua's, shoot's, morau's deep purple attack was useless on him). he could go through crater which is lava hot. he is possibly whitstand pain packer.

4. pitou --> with 0 exp, he killed kaito ruthlessly and quite easily.

5. pufu --> with his beelzebub, spiritual message and hypnotic scales, plus flying capability, he's nearly invisible.

another candidate is razor/zeno/silva/hisoka/kuroro.

Phantron
February 29, 2012, 03:59 PM
Netero would be top 5 for sure if it's a ranking that involves strength in a controlled environment, i.e. Celestial Tower.

But if you're talking about strength in a to the death environment, he can't possibly be top 5. You can't judge the power of someone by the size of the crater people make, since Uber Gon is unfathomably stronger than any human characters in the story (his regular attack does >10000 AP if you assume there's no way a single punch from Yupi can make Pitou cough up blood after one hit) but the size of the crater he makes isn't any bigger. Yet we're talking about a character whose regular attack is >10000 AP (instant kill against any human level endurance). Netero is clearly out of his prime, so his speed/physical strength can't be higher than someone in his prime. His move might be able to knock you down, but it's not going to kill you easily.

Besides, in nearly his entire life he's never been seriously challenged by any opponent, which means he is not likely to have any experience in to-the-death fights. It's said repeatedly in HXH that some things can only be learned in the face of death, and how can a man who was practically invinicible in his prime learn things like that? He'd have the same issue Killua had, namely just training super hard and never fighting anyone on par of your level makes you very good by the numbers, but you won't be very good in a real fight to the death. Of course, Netero's problem was that there was literally nobody on his level during his prime, not due to a lack of willingness to challenge himself, but the same point still stands. There's no way Netero can possibly have much experience fighting similar/stronger opponents to the death, because none existed when he was in his prime and he's obviously not fighting people to the death regularly at the age of 100+.

Uriel
February 29, 2012, 07:30 PM
And if we consider Top 5 only in terms complexity of Nen who those would be?

Phantron
February 29, 2012, 08:54 PM

That's pretty much impossible to tell because how complicated is it to learn an ability like Neon's or Pakunoda's?

Novu and Kuroro gets my vote for having the most powerful noncombat (at least not strictly) abilities.

Li Mochou
March 01, 2012, 09:07 AM
fight ti death experience??

netero is so strong. dont forget that his speed is still above other character. when he played ball with gon and killua and the time when he walked accross gon and killua without them noticing it. hyakushiki kannon replacing his strength and speed loss due to the age.

and hax gon cannot be included here. it can only be used once. after that, it's the same with death.

zelllogan
March 01, 2012, 09:28 AM
1) unknown character from the "new world"
2) unknown character from the "new world"
3) unknown character from the "new world"
4) unknown character from the "new world"
5) unknown character from the "new world"

Akia999
March 03, 2012, 07:42 AM

You read my though exactly.I'm afraid it will happen.:facepalm

I saw another thread like this in mangastream forum.And honestly,it went out of hand.
It's hard to speculate who is the strongest nen users.I know that Ging is in the top 5 but since we haven't seen him fight at all, I wouldn't consider him just yet.

Li Mochou
March 03, 2012, 10:31 AM
i dont think there will be another enemy stronger than the ants. however, i dont think ants are stronger than human.

most of ants is stronger. yet compare to ryodan, they're not really different in strength even some of ryodan is stronger. the ants who is extremely strong (stronger than ryodan) is only RGs and the king. however, we never know how strong ging and friends are. if netero himself is really impressed with ging whereas we know how strong netero is,then zodiac could be at least on a level of RGs.

btw, dont forget razor to be included in top 5 (besides RGs). biske was schocked knowing how strong he was.

XXGenesis
March 04, 2012, 11:29 AM

Woah there!! That it self is just bothersome and we haven't even seen enough Hatsu abilities to list them...Knuv,Knuckle,Shoot and Morau all had complex Nen abilities and they were just introduced...

From what has been shown the most powerful Nen fighters shown in my order are

Netero...As mentioned Very hard to imagine a Human stronger
Zeno...
Silva
Razor
Hisoka
Feitan/Morau..Impressed by Morau Aura amount and endurance during the Chimera arc. His Deep Purple is very flexible and resourceful...Feitan's fight was a work out for him he was pretty much brush the rust of his sword...Pretty scary comment by the others..

The BEST thing about HXH fights...Nen fights aren't determined by strength of their en or the amount..But how they utilize their nen in a fight to their advantage to come out on top...Netero and the King are anomalies cause it's like how the hell are you suppose to even react to (referring to the King) DBZ speed, Netero on the other hand can only be beaten if you move faster than his 0.01 prayer......So top 5 users have to top Netero's prayer and guys like the Spiders aren't amateur hunters nor mid level would I say..seeing how Silva and other Hunters don't bother them unless necessary.

zelllogan
March 06, 2012, 02:00 AM
1) Kurapika: Extremely complicated in a (successful ? failed ?) attempt from the author to explain how he can fight the ryodan ... and there is still one chain we know nothing about.
2) Alluka: Split personallity, powers are different following who is doing the request, hard to know the limit
3) The Butterfly Royal guard: able to give nen abilities ??? WTF? + split body, ... weird
4) Knuckle: A good example of specialization
5) Kuroro: Many conditions & virtual unlimited versatility

NoFreakingWay
March 07, 2012, 05:31 AM
You guys forgot about poor old Leol. His ability was spot-on complex.

senewe
March 10, 2012, 05:15 AM

Unknown monster far stronger then Meruem obviously will be there. Unknown Hunters from unknown Hunter Association capable of one shot Meruem, well that's freaking interesting.

heron bpv
March 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
I bet it'll be the opposite. There'll be noone stronger than Meruem out there (or anywhere in either worlds), and the top 5 will still be the guys Netero thought, namely Ging + other 4. Remember though that we are regarding here the best nen-users, which means guys with the highest knowledge/dominion/expertise with it, not the monsters with the highest amount of aura (in my way of thinking, Meruem was a total noob at those 3 points, but his talent and amount of nen where so insanely big that it didn't mattered; and I'm not even considering his superb physical limits), nor exactly the most destructive power hatsu (because not everyone in the high-levels of nen mastering have powers devoted to it, just like Biscuit).

fanatik
March 13, 2012, 04:54 AM
There's one thing I want to point out: Netero chose his top 5 from a) people he knew, and b) he did that years ago. Meaning he didn't consider people he didn't know, and lots of time has passed since then, letting those who were just teens with heaps of potential grow into insanely strong adults - this is especially true for Illumi-Kuroro-Hisoka generation. They're in their twenties and they still didn't hit the limit of their potential, still growing stronger (for example, Silva noted how Kuroro got a lot better since their fight 2-3 years ago). Thus, Netero's top 5 can't be considered the world's top 5.

As for the world's top 5... it's hard to say since we have so many unknows... based on hype and importance to the story, I'd think that Ging is likely among the top 5... Based on hype and feats we've seen, Kuroro with his monstrous versatility is likely up there, too... Probably one of the older Zoldycks (my money is on Zeno if what he says about being able to expand his en up to 300m is true and not just him boasting). Then we have Hisoka... but no, I wouldn't put Hisoka in the top 5... imo, he may be close but not quite there. Other than that... don't know, really hard to say, so for now I'll just settle with the 3 I mentioned.

Li Mochou
March 13, 2012, 10:50 AM
There's one thing I want to point out: Netero chose his top 5 from a) people he knew, and b) he did that years ago. Meaning he didn't consider people he didn't know, and lots of time has passed since then, letting those who were just teens with heaps of potential grow into insanely strong adults - this is especially true for Illumi-Kuroro-Hisoka generation. They're in their twenties and they still didn't hit the limit of their potential, still growing stronger (for example, Silva noted how Kuroro got a lot better since their fight 2-3 years ago). Thus, Netero's top 5 can't be considered the world's top 5.

As for the world's top 5... it's hard to say since we have so many unknows... based on hype and importance to the story, I'd think that Ging is likely among the top 5... Based on hype and feats we've seen, Kuroro with his monstrous versatility is likely up there, too... Probably one of the older Zoldycks (my money is on Zeno if what he says about being able to expand his en up to 300m is true and not just him boasting). Then we have Hisoka... but no, I wouldn't put Hisoka in the top 5... imo, he may be close but not quite there. Other than that... don't know, really hard to say, so for now I'll just settle with the 3 I mentioned.

the other one must be razor.
he has tons of aura (he takes care of emission system of GI)
he is physically super strong (biske said that)
his nen ability is kind of good (can have some nenjyus. one of them is stronger than hisoka. an individual is almost impossible to catch or take his volleyball spike).