PDA

View Full Version : Theory Awakened Fighters

Kyodai Senkan Mora
August 26, 2011, 10:41 AM
This term "awakened users" has now been used twice in the manga: first in Impel down by crocodile while talking about the demon guardshttp://www.mangareader.net/103-2651-12/one-piece/chapter-544.html and recently by Daruma in reference to Hody's new formhttp://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/78589100/4....Interstingly both awakened users display similar characteristics: tough,resilient and recover fast from injuries.This leads me to believe that maybe the pills Hody and co. are using are not really new to OP just unmentioned..and if in fact they are what awakened the zoan users of impel down, what is the govt. involvement in this mess in FI or with Hodi or simply with the pills. I think its an interesting titbit in a manga famous for foreshadowing...what do u guys think?

Mashiro_Luna
August 26, 2011, 05:22 PM
Good theory, maybe the World Government is covertly supplying the New Fishman Pirates with Energy Steroid to aid them in their attempt to take control of Fishman Island. The WG never liked the fishman so if the NFP were to be in control then the WG would have a reason to declare war or something and take control of both passages into the New World and therefore putting a massive block to the pirates heading into the New World.

kkck
August 26, 2011, 07:21 PM
IMO the awakened form of zoans we have seen is unrelated to the transformation hodi went through. If the awakened zoan bit was the result of pills or drugs then it would be a largely unknown phenomenon. I don't think crocodile would have been as familiar with the form as he was if it was only the result of using drugs... wouldn't it have been too much of a contained event? The other strong dudes there were not even remotely curious about the form either.... I think awakened part is a natural evolution of sorts for zoan users.

Anduren
August 27, 2011, 12:12 AM
IMO the awakened form of zoans we have seen is unrelated to the transformation hodi went through. If the awakened zoan bit was the result of pills or drugs then it would be a largely unknown phenomenon. I don't think crocodile would have been as familiar with the form as he was if it was only the result of using drugs... wouldn't it have been too much of a contained event? The other strong dudes there were not even remotely curious about the form either.... I think awakened part is a natural evolution of sorts for zoan users.

Now that you say that....I'm starting to think this theory is more and more possible :). Chopper's monster transformation also happened as a result of overdosing on Rumble Balls which is a special drug he concocted. There's definitely something fishy going on here even though I myself, at first thought the two kinds of "Awakenings" are seemingly unrelated.

hyper_megaman
August 27, 2011, 08:11 AM
chopper's rumble balls don't really give him additional strength, they just disrupt the df's effects and allow him to manipulate these changes to transform into unique forms

so monster point is likely just a harder-to-transform-into form, that rumble makes him go into accidentally when overdosing

i think monster point is chopper's awakened form. he just doesn't have the control to enter it naturally yet, so it draws on his stamina.

i personally don't htink it's related to the ES hody and pals are taking

lawrence
August 27, 2011, 07:57 PM
The two awakenings are different, if you look at:

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/635/3

It says that hodi strength was enhanced by his new awakened strength. I think this means that he took so many pills that his strength was increased. Chopper took a lot of rumble balls and now he doesn't need it to go into his six forms. Besides, corcidile was talking about "awakened zoan fruit users" and hodi has not eaten any devil fruit.

Kyodai Senkan Mora
September 01, 2011, 08:08 AM
i think monster point is chopper's awakened form. he just doesn't have the control to enter it naturally yet, so it draws on his stamina.

I was tempted to add chopper to the list of awakened fighters but refrained from doing so for two reasons....first monster point has not shown any of the rapid recovery from injury Hodi and the demon guards have displayed.If anything Monster point seemed to continually injure choppers body.....and second Chopper could revert back to his original form after monster point while it doesn't seem hodi and the demon guards could hence i think the term awakened.

The two awakenings are different, if you look at:

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/635/3

It says that hodi strength was enhanced by his new awakened strength. I think this means that he took so many pills that his strength was increased. Chopper took a lot of rumble balls and now he doesn't need it to go into his six forms. Besides, corcidile was talking about "awakened zoan fruit users" and hodi has not eaten any devil fruit.

While it is true Crocodile was talking about awakened zoans of which Hodi is not we did not get an explanation as to how these zoans got awakened in the first place...leaving room for speculation that ES is responsible and possibly by extension the world govt.

---------- Post added September 01, 2011 at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was August 28, 2011 at 06:34 AM ----------

In the latest chapter we see everyone take note of how the awakened Hody keeps recovering very quickly after taking hit after hard hit from luffy including COA imbued punches...This theory is getting more and more plausable chapter after chapter IMHO.

kkck
September 01, 2011, 02:11 PM
I just had a thought as of what an awakened zoan could be. At times it has been suggested that zoan's personality is influenced by the fruit they consumed, for example chopper mentioned carnivorous zoans were more vicious than other zoans. What if an "awakened" zoan is someone whose animal "awakened" and took over control of the body? The ID guards seemed hardly intelligent and unable to talk for the most part and their forms were somewhat different from other hybrid forms we have seen. It would make sense that their inner animal or whatnot took control over them and gave them that permanent hybrid form of sorts in exchange for more power.

Uriel
September 01, 2011, 02:36 PM
Well, the pills can be an upgraded version of how Zoan works (I mean something like substance-extract to reproduce similar effects) and knowing how Government works, it can be very plausible.

I find curious using the same word, I wonder if the kanji used is the same and not just a translation coincidence.

Kyodai Senkan Mora
September 08, 2011, 08:45 PM
I just had a thought as of what an awakened zoan could be. At times it has been suggested that zoan's personality is influenced by the fruit they consumed, for example chopper mentioned carnivorous zoans were more vicious than other zoans. What if an "awakened" zoan is someone whose animal "awakened" and took over control of the body? The ID guards seemed hardly intelligent and unable to talk for the most part and their forms were somewhat different from other hybrid forms we have seen. It would make sense that their inner animal or whatnot took control over them and gave them that permanent hybrid form of sorts in exchange for more power.

this is an actual possibilty....its also possible that this process was helped along by the drugs in question.really until we know the true source of ES it will always be highly likely that it is responsible for both awakenings and as a result that the govt. could very well be involved

Bugzee
November 03, 2011, 07:40 PM
It's an interesting thought...I guess we could witness and gain more information about this in the coming chapters considering Chopper revealed his Monster Point form within his own control. I'm curious to know whether we'll get an explaination from that which COULD potentially reveal more to us whether there is some kind of alternative to these "awakening" users...maybe there are various kinds of pills. Ones for Fishmen specifically and ones for DF users...even for just "normal" humans??

To me atm, it doesn't look like it'll happen. The rumble ball is unique solely to Chopper so...I would've expected a reference to any kind of pill that could "boost" a DF users abilities already. Come to think of it, I would actually like to see Van Der Decken swallow a pill... so we could see what the implications would be.

hyper_megaman
November 05, 2011, 04:13 PM
if you notice, zoan devil fruits have basic forms

1) pre-df species
2) df-granted species
3) hybrid, that mixes some good and bad aspects from each

trivia: btw i was the one who wrote the zoan df article ages ago, and it took me many tries to finally settle on 'pre-df specis' and 'df-granted'. just wanted you guys to know who wrote that and how hard it is to coin phrases such as these. not sure if it's been changed, but so there. i also wrote a huge majority of luffy's gear powers 4-5 years back, including the part 'equipping him with a mace of astounding mass'

anyway, let's take point forms out of the equation. i think they're just interpolations of transition between the first two states.

let's say we have a tomato, who eats a durian fruit.

1) tomato
2) durian
3) durato? tomian?

point forms would thus be:
maybe domato? durito (lol)? dumato?

hybrid would be either durato or tomian

now awakened forms seem to be not a mixture of both, but a COMBINATION of both.

instead of durato or tomian, we get duriantomato or tomatodurian, or dutorimaanto.

existing in this state requires them to be BOTH a full pre-df specie and a full df-granted specie at the same time. this would drain a lot on their stamina, as you're using up twice the stamina it takes to operate as any single specie. but if well regulated, the user also has access to twice the amount of basic faculties, such as healing, instead of just the BETTER of both, without the detriment of stamina drain.

This is like the strength factor, imagine if a human has a strength of 10 douriki, and a tiger has the strength of 15 douriki, going into hybrid merely selects the best of both, which is 15, whilst going into awakened mode combines both, into a total of 25. if their bodies are not used to it, however, they only have the stamina/nutrients to feed one single specie's actions, then they get drained very quickly. it also explains why chopper and the demon guards lose their mental faculties, because htye're running low on nutrients in the high-nutrient-drain form. this is similar to how people who are not used to exercise go sprinting for a few kilometres/miles and feel giddy after with a near non-operational brain

IMHO, that would be awakened zoan devil fruits. This is my hypothesis thus far.

edit: edited the durian/tomato text so it makes it easier to see

Bigfoot187
November 11, 2011, 07:21 AM
This term "awakened users" has now been used twice in the manga: first in Impel down by crocodile while talking about the demon guardshttp://www.mangareader.net/103-2651-12/one-piece/chapter-544.html and recently by Daruma in reference to Hody's new formhttp://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/78589100/4....Interstingly both awakened users display similar characteristics: tough,resilient and recover fast from injuries.This leads me to believe that maybe the pills Hody and co. are using are not really new to OP just unmentioned..and if in fact they are what awakened the zoan users of impel down, what is the govt. involvement in this mess in FI or with Hodi or simply with the pills. I think its an interesting titbit in a manga famous for foreshadowing...what do u guys think?

You might be on to something, caus Zeo got them from SOMEWHERE so what if they got them from some navy or human pirates.
And maybe the WG gave them caus they knew some fishmen couldn't resist and the WG/NAvy knew the side effect
so they would destroy themselves since they were comrades of Whitebeard and since Jimbei isn't part of the Shibukai anymore they're relations probably have worsened.

Jorge D. Dragon
November 15, 2011, 01:37 AM
I don't actually think we should compare those two cases, because awakened Zoans and this state Hody and Hyozou had were totally different.
Actually I would say it's just a word and we don't need to overthink it. Luffy also awakened Haki and Coby too, so they are also "awakened users"?:)
It's just that Hodi and Hyozou awakened new level of strength with those pills and at some point even Hodi's body mutated and transformed, but thre is nothing more to it.

Jassaray
November 17, 2011, 06:45 PM
I appreciate the theory and discussion, but I consider the term to be loosely applied and not intended to provide another mystery or layer to the story.
Perhaps not so in the case of Zoan users though. I find it interesting to consider that an "awakened" Zoan user would mean that they have become one with their transformation. I speculate that Chopper will be the one to unlock the secret of this, and I suspect that he has gotten halfway there by mastering his Beserker form.

I don't consider the pills to be anything special. Just a plot device to avoid a complete stomping of the NFP. If they weren't using them, not even Oda could have stretched those fights any longer than they were already.