PDA

View Full Version : Theory Railegh is Luffy's uncle!!

khalina-an
August 28, 2011, 05:11 AM
Hello guys!. Just recently watched the episode 512 in the tv series and it shock me to know that Railegh is Luffy's uncle accorfing to Buggy. Wow never see that coming..^_^..It came to my mind that Luffy's father and Railegh are brothers???..hmmmm..or Luffy's mother is Railegh's sister???. Time will only tell the whole story but I guess it will connect to the Will of D and Blank Century.

Lord Rayleigh
August 28, 2011, 05:15 AM
It's just a stupid joke/explanation of Buggy to Rayleigh helping Luffy. It's not even told in the manga.

Zehahaha
August 28, 2011, 08:34 AM
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Never never again believe in anything that is ine the anime, the manga is and will stay the only real source of infos. Databooks also. And that's it.

khalina-an
August 28, 2011, 11:11 AM
Well perhaps in isolated cases, but I read that every authors also supervised and monitors the output of the anime. I do well agree that we all should based our beliefs in the manga due to the correct flows of story but would you also agree to me, that authors also can add something to the flow of story without ruining it?. Try putting yourself in the place of the author, can the tv personnels add something in your work without your permission? Totally not! if they can, then your work and yourself is in jeopardy?. Try watching the 512 episode and see for yourself what am I talking about. And one more thing the tv series of one piece doesn't conflict in the manga. There are fillers which are not in the manga but the arcs which are the heart and soul of the story does not contradict with the main flow of the story eventhough there are such things which are added that we dont see in the manga. I hope you understand my point.

kkck
August 28, 2011, 11:45 AM
Anything said in the anime that is not said in the manga is WORTHLESS unless oda himself specifically made a point of saying otherwise. Since we have no reason to believe oda has made any such statement there is no reason to believe there is any worth to the claim that Rayleigh is somehow related to luffy. In most cases authors rarely have anything to do with the anime of their own series, they tend to be largely uninvolved in such things. There are obviously rare cases where they are actually involved or perhaps even consulted, but then again, RARE.

ErosVp
August 28, 2011, 11:59 AM
I don't watch the anime, but i'm pretty sure it is a misunderstanding of some sentence, maybe a joke like Lord Rayleigh said or something that lost its meaning with the translation....

Rayleigh is about the same age as Garp lol. If he was Luffy's uncle, do you think Garp would have such a old son? and the issue between Garp and Roger would be different, if you think a little common sense will tell everything....

Zehahaha
August 28, 2011, 03:29 PM
The only author known to be implicated in the anime (especially fillers) is Kubo (that's why they're more good than most of the fillers of other animes).

@ ErosVp Well, sure common sense is enough, but we have seen magma burning fire... Common sense doesn't exist in manga, so I won't be suprised if people believed that Rayleigh is Luffy's uncle.

sarutobi_sensei
August 29, 2011, 07:13 PM
Buggy said, maybe he is his uncle. He didn't say that he was his uncle...

So no, until confirmation by Oda and written in stone (Manga) that Rayleigh has any familiar connection to Luffy, he doesn't.

lawrence
August 29, 2011, 07:33 PM
Magma is hotter than fire... but how do you burn fire? It would make more sense for a magma to engulf a fire but not burn it..

Samui
September 02, 2011, 12:36 AM
Anything said in the anime that is not said in the manga is WORTHLESS unless oda himself specifically made a point of saying otherwise. Since we have no reason to believe oda has made any such statement there is no reason to believe there is any worth to the claim that Rayleigh is somehow related to luffy. In most cases authors rarely have anything to do with the anime of their own series, they tend to be largely uninvolved in such things. There are obviously rare cases where they are actually involved or perhaps even consulted, but then again, RARE.
We should go case by case. Yes, obviously the gag scene with Rayleigh being Luffy's uncle is just that, a gag scene. However, when the anime reveals a new character name, that IS cannon. It's been done a few times already, first with Bogart (Garp's right hand man), then with the New World Pirates... all of which were turned out to be right later on. Obviously the anime doesn't come up with the names, it's Oda who tells them the names of the characters.

no_regretsYSL
September 11, 2011, 10:05 PM
I don't believe this is a matter of Cannon material or not, it was obviously just Buggy's last conclusion as to why The Dark King Silvers Releigh would go out of his way to help little Strawhat Luffy, especially since he's retired. In conjunction in my opinion this is just a way for Anime developers to send their fans into curiosity and keep them interested.

Kyodai Senkan Mora
October 06, 2011, 08:15 AM
I can't believe this thread has this many posts...That was a joke...how would Buggy even know this when he did not know about dragon/ace/garp?...buggy is a joke character he is expected to make joke statements like this.I was LMFAO when i read this:
Hello guys!. Just recently watched the episode 512 in the tv series and it shock me to know that Railegh is Luffy's uncle accorfing to Buggy. Wow never see that coming..^_^..It came to my mind that Luffy's father and Railegh are brothers???..hmmmm..or Luffy's mother is Railegh's sister???. Time will only tell the whole story but I guess it will connect to the Will of D and Blank Century.:loool ...u sir do not get humor!