View Full Version : Ongoing [Webtoon] The God of High school by Yong Jae Park

Pages : [1] 2

scav
August 29, 2011, 08:01 PM
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9993/gohi.jpg

Genre: Comedy, School Life, Shounen
Author: Yong Jae Park
Description from egscans:
While an island half-disappearing from the face of the earth, a mysterious organization is sending out invitations for a tournament to every high school skilled fighter in the world.
“If you win you can have ANYTHING you want”
They’re recruiting only the best to fight the best and claim the title of The God of high school!
publications: Naver (http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=318995&no=9&weekday=fri)
group scanlating: Egscans

My thought: This webcomic is simple but very addictive, the chapters are getting more and more interesting. On naver almost all the chapters are rated 9,9. i highly recommend to read this webcomic. there is only 12 chapters translated yet but i already put this one into my favorite :super

Charlie
September 05, 2011, 04:07 PM
The current English scans are up to chapter 12, while the raw is up chapter 22.

Chapter 22 is out and wow, Jin stepped it a couple levels. Now, I wonder what that old geezer did to his body and what the side effects will be. There were a couple panels with his heart being shown.

Anyway, so far the pace has been good, nice chapter.

Wow Jin is a bad ass character. Is default level was at 6 and when he uses his legs it jumped to a 13 and we cant even tell if he is being serious yet. :jawdrop

He sure as heck does not look like he has a worry or care in the world. :Haha

---------- Post added September 05, 2011 at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was September 02, 2011 at 11:11 PM ----------

Chapter 13 is out at eg scans.

I’m really like Jin so far, thought I dont know much about him yet.

Jin took out Gan Man Suk and left the judges and the crowd with a huge impression.

Man suks flash back was shown and it was rather inter sting about his back story.

Jins character development is something to watch out for and a little bit of his background was talked about.

I’m looking forward to the fight between Han Dae wii and bat boy Baek suk chul.
Having a person fight that relys on a bat bat /man is pretty interesting. If you notice the bg there is a banner saying batman xD.

Mira's next opponent is the wrestling girl Ma Mi, that should be interesting as well.
Her wish that she want to have fulfilled made me laugh. :Haha

scav
September 07, 2011, 08:23 PM
oh so u finally read it Charle, so what do you think about this manhwa? :poke

Charlie
September 07, 2011, 11:37 PM
oh so u finally read it Charle, so what do you think about this manhwa? :poke

Yeah its really enjoyable. Though in the beginning I did not what to make of it but after reading up to the current scans, I like it a lot.
The series has a lot of potential as well, It gives me a breaker / veritas mix vibe.

The pace has been really good and the build up as well. I'm really enjoying the fights!

ErosVp
September 17, 2011, 10:44 PM
I was at the mangareader when i saw chapter 14 for this series released.... I was sure i heard that name here and read a bit, and i can say i have yet to see a webtoon boring! Good series, that don't look too serious, but also have strange/dark things behind the curtains, has some nonsense comedy, it is a very good reading....

Charlie
September 29, 2011, 03:01 PM
God of High school chapter 15 is out from eg scans.

Ma mi an Mi ra’s fight is over. It was an interesting match, Ma mi looked like she was going to win without being hurt. Mi ra’s sword-less style looks pretty scary though. It would have been nice to see what that style was capable of.

Now off to the next match Dae wi versus Sung Chul. My money is on Dae wi (as he is on the cover page) he must have some skills.

ErosVp
October 01, 2011, 03:04 AM
I agree with Mi ra that it felt cheated haha! If Ma mi risked herself she would have won... As a brazilian i'm curious to know what the BJJ praticioner can do, i was sure he was going to lose before because he was going to fight the protagonist, but now he can go longer!

What surprised the most, and is still in my mind, is that the guy i thought would be the antagonist and had the same art as Jin was erased really easy! Surprising move the author did, i don't dislike at all since he has more thing planned for the plot.. But it seems, with the mass murder weapon and all, that things may leave the enjoyable area and go to something really strange...

Charlie
October 06, 2011, 09:34 PM
Chapters 15 is out from Eg scans.

The fight has just started but its already pretty interesting. Sueng chul is a freaking beast is the only way I can describe him. Heck, the guy attained enlightenment for bleeps sake.

Dae wi looks like he is in trouble.

Can't wait to see the next chapter.

ErosVp
October 06, 2011, 10:05 PM
Chapter spent mostly in building Baek SungChul character, it was cool until the enlightement thing. That was too cocky, Zebra from Toriko would hate him!
Dae Wi will teach him a lesson somehow... Interesting thing is that Jin saw through that atack easily.

k-dom
October 09, 2011, 04:47 AM
The problem with chapters like that and with the scan being late is that you cannot resist going watch the next raws...

ErosVp
October 09, 2011, 12:20 PM
The problem with chapters like that and with the scan being late is that you cannot resist going watch the next raws....

Hahaha
That would be the case if.... i wasn't such a lazy bastard! XD
I only see raws when people post here in the forum, i don't want to bother looking for it... Specially in a korean site full of those letters i don't understand!

Charlie
October 10, 2011, 01:35 AM
Chapter 17 is out from eg scans.

Dae Wi is interesting as well, he had chance to get a shot in while Sung Chul had a slip but did not take it. At the end of the chapter it looks like Dae wi has the advantage.

ErosVp
October 10, 2011, 06:32 AM
Just read in the mangareader.... This was the worst chapter i've read in this series....

That Baek Chungsul was starting to be annoying since the enlightment thing, then there is he thinking Dae Wi resembles his father and getting overagitated because of this, but his techinique is what is more annoying! I loled when i saw his swordsman pose there and then the spears hahahaha

And I could understand Dae wi not atacking an opponent's back, but don't atack the guy sliping is ridiculous! Using the battleground to one's advantage is normal, he could at least make use of his own sweat... And if he is fighting for the sake of his friend and if he is that powerful that Baek's best techinique looked like kids play, then why he let himself get a beating like that?

Charlie
October 10, 2011, 12:57 PM
Martial Artist have honor codes like that. Fighting fair and things like that and Dae wi seems to be the kind of person that would not take a cheap shot to win. I did not mind the part about Chung Sul and his comparison to Dae wi being like his dad or a super hero. I thought it was interesting.

ErosVp
October 10, 2011, 01:14 PM
I can understand the honor code about not hitting someone from the back, but there are martial artists that use the arena for his own purpose (in others mangas XD).
And didn't Baek's agitation was a bit out off character? I mean, he kept his composture even when his father died and now, because Dae Wi was being good, he got upset.... I know he didn't snap nor anything like that, but stilll..... the only cool thing about his style is using his father's bat and his analises. If he stops being cool headed it becomes annoying, nad those spears too!

I'm still looking foward to the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner though!

Charlie
October 10, 2011, 01:21 PM
xD - he did lose his composure there for a few moments. Though I think that's because he was surprised by Dae wi's character and strength. Something that reminded him of his ideal hero / dad - he was not expecting. I did think that the slipping on the sweat and blood looked a little weak. Maybe it could have illustrated a little better on that part.

ErosVp
October 15, 2011, 02:25 PM
When he was slipping i thought Dae Wi had planed that, like Baek planned let Dae Wi slip on the bat! I felt more annoyed because of that, i was already smiling thinking Dae Wi beat Baek in this own game... lol

---------- Post added October 15, 2011 at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was October 10, 2011 at 01:19 PM ----------

Just read chapter 21 in mangareader...

Now... Dae Wi was playing before right? He wanted everyone to think he was in a pinch, because he is so much stronger than his opponent it is almost bully! Why didn't he do that from the beggining? Whatever...
It was a good chapter, Dae Wi was awesome! And Baek did good too, in copying Jin's techinique.... in fact, i liked his character more in the end.

Bludvein
October 18, 2011, 03:16 PM
When he was slipping i thought Dae Wi had planed that, like Baek planned let Dae Wi slip on the bat! I felt more annoyed because of that, i was already smiling thinking Dae Wi beat Baek in this own game... lol

---------- Post added October 15, 2011 at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was October 10, 2011 at 01:19 PM ----------

Just read chapter 21 in mangareader...

Now... Dae Wi was playing before right? He wanted everyone to think he was in a pinch, because he is so much stronger than his opponent it is almost bully! Why didn't he do that from the beggining? Whatever...
It was a good chapter, Dae Wi was awesome! And Baek did good too, in copying Jin's techinique.... in fact, i liked his character more in the end.

Dae Wi wasn't really playing with him though. That technique is too much for his body at his current level. It completely wore him out. He would've been in deep shit if Baek didn't stay down.

There is also the fact that he wanted to keep it secret. Now all his future opponents know about it.

ErosVp
October 18, 2011, 04:50 PM
So... Who will win this tournament? Will Dae Wi or Mi Ra being the protagonists win this?

Charlie
October 18, 2011, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure who will win the next round.
Who is listed to be the next opponents? Anyone remember?

Bludvein
October 20, 2011, 05:13 PM
29 raw is out!

Dae-wi was surprisingly cold. I was not expecting that from him. It was probably for the best, but damn.

k-dom
November 09, 2011, 05:27 PM
So do you think that sage's pill works like the one in the Breaker ?
I'm a bit disappointed, it's a kind of dopping

Charlie
November 11, 2011, 07:37 AM
So do you think that sage's pill works like the one in the Breaker ?
I'm a bit disappointed, it's a kind of dopping

I think it could be considered like that. Although I did like the different approach to eating the pill done here.

---------- Post added November 11, 2011 at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was November 10, 2011 at 06:07 AM ----------

Chapter 21 is out and wow, Jin just took out the judge? I lol'd.

The announcer was pretty quick to say Jin won but I guess that was part of the rule of the match.

ErosVp
November 11, 2011, 04:00 PM
good chapter! Jin is really an interesting dude! But what the heck is sage's pill? Could it be Jin's grandpa did something to prepare him for being a monster?

Charlie
November 16, 2011, 11:20 PM
God of highschool chapters 22- 23 are out from eg scans.

Get it from there!

I thought both chapters were cool. I wonder what that 'apparition' was around Jin.

Jin is so hardcore and badass. Sweet!

ErosVp
November 16, 2011, 11:31 PM
I laughed a lot at the awkward moment when Jin said he was hungry but the judge didn't wait hearing before hitting him! XD

Two good chapters! The questions about Jin's grandfather, sage's pill, the six and the whole plot are still interesting...

Charlie
November 23, 2011, 05:36 PM
I laughed a lot at the awkward moment when Jin said he was hungry but the judge didn't wait hearing before hitting him! XD

Two good chapters! The questions about Jin's grandfather, sage's pill, the six and the whole plot are still interesting...

Yup -- really interesting.
I want more chapters already.

I'm interested to finding out the full effects of the pill as well.

---------- Post added November 23, 2011 at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was November 16, 2011 at 11:57 PM ----------

Chapters 24 & 25 are out from eg scans.

So we have this blue haired guy from before who returns. Interesting chapter though. I thought the marriage thing happened really fast. More info on Jin's grandad. Can't wait to see more

scav
November 25, 2011, 09:42 PM
i finally caught up. things are getting pretty interesting with the sage pill.

ErosVp
December 03, 2011, 08:25 AM
So... Mi Ra also got a rare martial art the misteryous bad guys wants? I thought only Jin possesed a "lost art"! Now will that rich bastard get beaten by Mi Ra or Jin?

shaheer
December 13, 2011, 12:45 AM
Interesting Manhwa, never seen a fighting manga with main having taekwondo skills as his forte. 27 chaps released by the scannaltors right?
i wonder what will happen after this tournament, the manhwa is called the GOH right after the tournament is over one will be the Godd of the High school and fulfilling the wish so whats the significance of the name? i mean its a very short lived tournament so the name isnt serving the whole series much its just the starter
the finals will be Mori Jin vs Daewi Han
Think Mori Jin will win this one but it will be hell of a close fight.

ErosVp
December 13, 2011, 11:44 AM
The title will be the nickname of the protagonist, God of Highschool Jin. XD

The plot seems to getting bigger, with this unknown organization, that mysterious mass murder weapon, USA president... I will wait to give a solid opinion, but it is a good manhwa till now.

shaheer
December 14, 2011, 06:56 AM
Yes it sure is getting bigger, what i want to know is Y did Grandpa said if they want some beef on them they better attack Jin. i mean ya the brat is strong but the examiners are atleast just as strong not to mention the guy who called him with an X mark on his forehead .
does the boy know sth really sinister and epic ? or did Gramps stay out of the developing world for so long that he doesnt know how strong others have become?

ErosVp
December 15, 2011, 07:35 PM
Mi Ra is pretty hot huh? ;D

Anyway... Now we will see an interesting fight!!! War Dae Wi!

shaheer
December 15, 2011, 11:44 PM
New Chap out
read it here (http://read.egscans.com/The_God_of_High_School/Chapter_028)
Dl it from here (http://www.mediafire.com/?14o5530mjbq7u6a)

ErosVp
December 20, 2011, 06:20 PM
GoH is beating Noblesse in art and in pages number huh...

The chapter 29 was pretty good! Dae Wi is desesperate to save his friend and got too badass, his page hitting Mi Ra would be a great wallpaper or sign if he was beating a man...
I think Jin will be mad! O_O

Charlie
December 20, 2011, 06:54 PM
Awesome chapter!
The part I don't really understand is about nano tech not being able to heal some wounds?

ErosVp
December 20, 2011, 07:03 PM
As Jin said this has been mentioned before... It seems wounds inflicted by more experienced martial artist don't heal.

shaheer
December 20, 2011, 10:36 PM
That was some Bad ass chapter, Dae is desperate now. nd Jin got angry too angry it seems i mean he ws baffled. i guess we ll see both unleashing every thing they have in teh final . I was under the impression that since the otehr taekwondo guy was smashed out jin would go to final by default but it seems that there is still one opponent to beat.
i guess after Jin s performance i am certain ppl will be scared of him dont think the next semi final would be that much of an issue.
the final will be worth sth
but i am surprised i didnt expect such a large powergap Dae didnt even break a sweat. i mean yes she was injured and all but still down by 2 hit is kind a pathetic.

ErosVp
December 21, 2011, 02:37 PM
I used to think those guys in the shadows, Jin Tae Jin, the judges or the six were kind of master class and the highschoolers of the tournament were disciple class... But with the rich kid the difference in power was not so great and I wonder what secret their techiniques hold.

Anyway shaheer, Dae Wi started in top gear from the beggining and hit Mi Ra wound on purpose, this was why she couldn't recover from the pain. The waiting room scene gave me the impression that he was warming up to do exactely that and be faster to end it quickly....

shaheer
December 22, 2011, 10:19 AM
ya thats true but still her sword blasted and a Ko is ....i mean you dont expect it from a semifinalist unless he was stronger than her to begin with. Guess i ve been reading too many shonen where under dog gets up no matter what
any way this is what i think, even without injured state she would loose but with a fairly even match of say pwr level 20 vs 18 or sth similar

ErosVp
December 22, 2011, 11:23 AM
I'm a fan of martial arts and can say that sometimes a good punch ends a fight quickly... I know this is manga, but Cris Cyborg defeated her last opponent by TKO in 16 seconds and Anderson Silva beat Vitor Belfort with only one splendid kick but Belfort is at the same level.... So if happens in real life I accept. Also he was desesperate, it fits the plot. I'm curious to see if Jin will have an brave opponent in the semifinals or not.

shaheer
December 22, 2011, 01:16 PM
i accept but it needs to be chewed a bit first to be palatable :tem . told you it seems i hve been reading too many shonen where underdog gives a good show by getting up a lot
say breaker:p

ErosVp
December 29, 2011, 07:46 PM
Damn! I knew Jae-Hee wouldn't win against the protagonist at least he was strong.... Of course there is no way Taekwondo could beat BJJ. Anyway, now I'm rooting for Dae Wi cause Karate is another art I find amazing!! And Dae Wi will get help from Baek's brain??!! Wow! Jin's victory is not certain now!!!!

Charlie
December 29, 2011, 08:00 PM
The new chapter was pretty good was not expecting Jin's move to e countered but the explanation was cool. Can't wait to see the next match. If I recall Jin said he lost two times right?

ErosVp
December 29, 2011, 08:43 PM
Yes, but it was to two judges....

The tournament is coming to an end huh! I wonder what will happen afterwards, the good thing is that the last fight will be amazing! I admit I'm glad to see Baek again, and think rationally only with his help Dae Wi can dream of defeating Jin...

kidopitz27
January 08, 2012, 05:36 AM
chapter 31-35 is out :) looks like the metropolitan battle is just 1/8 of what we know about G.O.H

ErosVp
January 25, 2012, 04:16 PM
The battle is being awesome until now! Blue Dragon was just crazy, I'm still rooting for Dae Wi but it doesn't seems good for him anymore...

---------- Post added January 23, 2012 at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was January 08, 2012 at 09:58 AM ----------

Chapter 36 is out at mangareader...

And when I thought it was over for Dae Wi that foot made me think his friend is alive.... What is the name of the the guy from the six that has that stupid hair cut like two little horns? Maybe he is a good guy after all. third round after Dae Wi friend cheer him on? Or the story will just move on? It has been fun to read this manhwa...

---------- Post added January 25, 2012 at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was January 23, 2012 at 02:11 PM ----------

37 was cool, but 38 was better! The art was different during the action and gave a really fast vibe, something I've seen in american comics but don't know exactely what is! XP

Good end for Dae Wi, he leveled up! Like pokemon!!!! Jin Mori kind of cheated copying the technique like that, but cool too! It ended a saga....

Jammin
January 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
I just picked this up and started reading, it's left me with mixed feelings. I really like the artwork and I'm a sucker for exaggerated martial arts stuff in general. The main character is really cool, in an almost "Luffy-ish" way. But I'm not so sure about the two supporting characters and how long and drawn out this tournament thing is.

I'm interested to see where this story goes post-tournament though and what other additions will be made to the cast.

ErosVp
January 28, 2012, 12:54 PM
Wow! I didn't expect a judge to die! We got to know jis wife and child and then he died, what a bastard author!!!

Anyway the shit got serious now, in every front! So it looks like the tournament will continue like a world cup now... We did see in the begging people from all over the world were being invited and we just saw the Koreans, so it makes sense. Teams of 3 to include the main characters, I believe it will be something like Yuyu Hakusho tournament....

BlackWings
April 01, 2012, 09:11 AM
Stupid jin mo ri, who could have thought that he will lose the match ? lol.

shaheer
April 07, 2012, 12:08 AM
Man so many things happening at once wow, the gramps got defeated nd he is either dead or taken as hostage, nd that idiot gandson of his didnt learn a thing
what a dunce, hope he doesnt disappoint us in the upcoming match because by the look of it hismatch with Dae showed us his peak capabilities
since then all of them improved nd trained...
possibly Jin is the weakest one now

Charlie
April 12, 2012, 04:03 PM
A new chapter of GOH is out from Eg scans.

kidopitz27
April 21, 2012, 07:53 PM
from the looks of the current chapter those so called priest/bishop are like noobs from the point of view of the judges hahahahaha :)

just saw the latest chapter and all i can say is

Epic Dragon head is Epic :)

shaheer
May 08, 2012, 08:42 AM
Wow the judges are really strong, i mean the green haired one literal over killed the rest. Pity i expected some taekwondo moves but didnt get any in the first fight, every one is thinking that Jin is not the real leader of the team rather its Dae
the stupid git JIN didnt learn anything in the interlude while the rest honed their skills

kidopitz27
June 18, 2012, 04:53 PM
chapter 55 is just a waste of chapter :(

LoS
June 24, 2012, 05:20 PM
What day does the raw come out for this series? Is it on Naver, Daum...?

edit: I just checked and it's on Naver, comes out on thursdays. It's already up to chapter 61, while the scans are only up to 55, seems like this series needs to get more popular or the current scanlation group needs to speed up their efforts.

shaheer
June 25, 2012, 11:12 PM
ya the scannaltion is way behind,
can any one post the link to the main page of God of Highschool in Naver?

halfcrzy
June 27, 2012, 02:14 AM
6 chapters behind isnt so bad. I think chapter 61 is the end of the 2nd season anyways, so there might be a break next week

LoS
July 03, 2012, 02:23 PM
Well, we will find out later. Since today is the day of the week a new chapter gets released.

Wasn't on break, 62 raw is out, and 56 english scan got released as well.

---------- Post added July 03, 2012 at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was June 28, 2012 at 02:20 AM ----------

Chapter 57 scan is out

Read it here credits to EGScans (http://read.egscans.com/The_God_of_High_School/Chapter_057)

The raw for 63 should be out later today as well.

kidopitz27
July 10, 2012, 06:53 PM
chapter 58 is released (http://readonline.egscans.com/The_God_of_High_School/Chapter_058)

from the look of the guy on the last page he really looks like Jin's dad :)

LoS
July 12, 2012, 11:25 PM
Chapter 64 raw is out (http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=318995&no=65&weekday=fri)

now if only EGscans could catch up with the raws...

Also Jin Mo Ri had another level up, I don't know how he ranks as compared to adults nor where all the tournament fighters rank after training their powers.

Bludvein
July 15, 2012, 02:44 PM
Jin-Mori didn't level up. The lvl 17 dude is the guy hes facing.

LoS
July 19, 2012, 03:09 PM
that's what I thought on second read. It's kinda odd, this guy is involved with the group who put up a decent fight against the Judges, and also kidnapped his grandfather so you figure this guy would be a great deal higher in levels. But it's more like this guy is an apprentice type person.

---------- Post added July 19, 2012 at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was July 15, 2012 at 04:12 PM ----------

So EGscans released chapter 59 scan, and chapter 65 raw came out today

Murim
July 21, 2012, 03:33 AM
seems as another group is also realeasing this manhwa. they are up to chap 61:
http://mangapirate.net/archives/1849

LoS
July 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
I'm all for high quality, but I just want to read the dialogue. Since its a webtoon the only quality aspect is the translation, but I can read both versions the fast release low/mid quality and the slow release high quality version at a later date.

---------- Post added July 23, 2012 at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was July 21, 2012 at 02:17 PM ----------

EGscans just did a triple release of 60, 61, and 62. Chapter 62 is a new release, so we are only 3 chapters behind the raws now.

---------- Post added July 24, 2012 at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was July 23, 2012 at 02:58 PM ----------

Now Mangapirate have released chapters 63 & 64

we are only 1 chapter behind

gotdott
July 25, 2012, 05:14 PM
65 is out! woo back on track

halfcrzy
July 25, 2012, 05:18 PM
That was a pretty cool entrance! Still has 12 hp so i wonder if the egg he ate released again and he kicked the lvl 17 dudes ass. Going to be entertaining watching a new comer with 12 hp wipe the floor.

LoS
July 25, 2012, 07:23 PM
I'm just so excited that 2 groups are competing against one another releasing this series so it will come out more quickly and regularly, leading to a larger fan following.

This is pretty darn interesting right now, we get to see him go up against guys stronger than everyone else other than probably Park Il-Pyo, or the Jae-Kal Taek as far as non judge level people or higher go.

Also, remember that their teammate, Han Dae-Wi, was searching for Jin Mo-Ri and he isn't allowed to fight in this match anyway.

biggielu
July 26, 2012, 04:22 AM
is already up to chapter 65...

i think that there are two possibilities why Jin-Mori is here already.first he did fight that level 17 dude and won with a yet to show power up or his friend Han Dae-Wi was there,because he found out where Jin-Mori was.either way it is interesting.as he stood against that creepy dude he had only 12 hp and in the arena too.is it because he made himself so that he doesn`t feel pain and so also no exhaution or is he that overhelming and without mercy.

they tricked him with him grandpa.he is angry.not mindless angry.first with his grandpa and now they seriously injured one of his first friends and teammate.maybe we will see new strong moves, and a bit more about Jin-Mori`s past with his grandpa and why his grandpa told the others via telefon that they will die,if they would want Jin-Mori die.he must have some experience in past with Jin-Mori and his (hidden?) power/ability.i am excited.

kidopitz27
July 26, 2012, 09:47 AM
RAWS of Chapter 66 is released at naver Jin just pawned the chocolate gay dude (time 5:05)and the one using supersonic wave (time 5:11)

LoS
July 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
Yeah, seeing Han Dae-Wi there ringside means something happened between Jin Mo-Ri and that level 17 guy. I didn't really expect him to make such short work of those guys through, since they are trying to move on up in that Priest like covenant.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Mangapirate might have some iffy translations of certain words and such, but they certainly are fast. They already released chapter 66 scan less than 3 hours after the raw was released, I only hope they stick around for the long haul and don't give up once school semesters start back up or they get bored of the project.

biggielu
July 26, 2012, 11:29 AM
I like how they show Jin Mo-Ri with his anger controlled not anger controlling him.and it is good to see the needle tech to be actual useful in such fights.
it has sure suprised me how quick he is.i wonder what we will see next with the boss.the boss who saw Jin Mo-Ri fists even before they hit...

maybe Jin Mo-Ri make it just in time and will defeat the last one too,but i doubt this.the boss seems more calm and calculating,somebody with lil bit power.nothing like the other two clowns who like to show off.aside from that i want see what Jin Mo-Ri does if he is on the verge of death with so much pain inflicted.he woundn`t just collapse with this anger.especially considering that he also fights for his friends..

halfcrzy
July 26, 2012, 01:30 PM
haha chapter 66 was a sweet chapter! "Next!" that just seemed like, im bored feed me more fodder!

LoS
July 26, 2012, 02:14 PM
Well, he doesn't have much time and the guy in the green cape is definitely team leader based on his mannerisms and interactions thus far.

biggielu
July 28, 2012, 04:29 AM
yaeh, and i wonder if there is a chance the last one knows more about jin-mo-ri`s grandfather whereabout...just they had is right that one arm was ripped off is prove enough for me.somebody must it know out of the three...
furthermore i like how most others react to angry jin-mo-ri and his "fights" so far.

kidopitz27
July 30, 2012, 08:08 AM
my question is how Jin escaped from the doppelganger maker dude he was knocked out last time i saw him

Chapter 67 is released and i hope when Jin answered that question on what he did to the doppel dude i want him to tell that he killed him because of that joke he did on his grandfather

LoS
August 02, 2012, 08:51 PM
and surprise surprise, the team leader type dude is that guy we saw walk past them a bunch of chapters back carrying the national treasure sword.

kidopitz27
August 02, 2012, 11:31 PM
it will be fun if those guys saying that Jin is a physical type but if the sage pill is activated Jin becomes an ability type and physical type heehehehehe

LoS
August 04, 2012, 03:36 AM
it's odd, because the 5 mention the Sage Pill this chapter and make it sound like it is impossible to be an ability type since he's consumed the pill.

BakaHaze
August 08, 2012, 07:14 AM
lol this series has been really awesome so far

Also yeah curious about how powerful Jin could be with abilities lol...
We still haven't caught up right?

LoS
August 08, 2012, 11:46 PM
no, we are.

kidopitz27
August 10, 2012, 03:42 AM
so how can we define the physical type and ability type?

Murim
August 10, 2012, 08:34 AM
ability type has a Charyeok whereas physical type use brute force.
until now Jin-Mori is a physical type since he weren't using a Charyeok although i thought at first that in the latest chapter he was using his Charyeok. But it was more like a enhanced version of his blue dragon kick from chapter 38.

it was really awesome to see Jin-Mori fighting serious. i liked the way he beat the crap out of him. But I wonder why the doppelganger technique was still active although he defeated the user.

zelllogan
August 10, 2012, 04:57 PM
Naruto - talkative fighter
Luffy - talkative fighter
Ichigo - talkative fighter

Jin Mori - No talk, no answers to taunts, just trash 3 high level opponents in a row

kidopitz27
August 10, 2012, 10:48 PM

Jin Mori - No talk, no answers to taunts, just trash 3 high level opponents in a row

it's 4 opponents in a row you have to add the doppelganger dude and i think those elders who are watching is stunned if they think that Jin just use an ability type attack :)

biggielu
August 11, 2012, 07:15 AM

yeah, it is good to see the main chara be relative normal.he does not need to try to change the heart of his opponent.good or bad is not that important here.

i wonder what the elders think right now.and they saw the dragon like his opponent,right??

sabret00the
September 10, 2012, 05:16 AM
I took a look at this so many times and every time I took a look at a random chapter, I'd get two or three pages in and quit. Finally went through it all over the weekend after catching on to a good chapter and I'm quite impressed by it. Not sure how I feel about the introduction of super powers yet, we'll have to wait and see. But I'm hopeful.

kidopitz27
September 15, 2012, 07:27 PM
the girl wearing a yellow suit got pawned by the guy who trained the one Jin pawned (the guy with the straight jacket and uses ITF)

shaheer
September 16, 2012, 01:31 PM
the girl wearing a yellow suit got pawned by the guy who trained the one Jin pawned (the guy with the straight jacket and uses ITF)

In the Raw?
I checked Mangafox, nd the latest chap shows Dae getting wiped by that yellow suit girl and then going to the examiner for a training session

If its from the Raw then can any one tell me how much ahead(chap wise) is raw from the scannalation ?

Murim
September 16, 2012, 01:59 PM
here the link to the raws:
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=318995

new chapter comes on thusday at 14.15 gmt

and there aren't any unscanlated raws

kidopitz27
September 18, 2012, 06:21 AM
In the Raw?
I checked Mangafox, nd the latest chap shows Dae getting wiped by that yellow suit girl and then going to the examiner for a training session

If its from the Raw then can any one tell me how much ahead(chap wise) is raw from the scannalation ?

the guy with the hoodie with an eyepatch on chapter 12 (http://nas.homeunix.com/onlinereading/?image=The%20God%20of%20High%20School/The%20God%20of%20High%20School%20c012/0026.jpg&server=nas.html)

and the guy who pawned the girl who wears a jet li dress (http://nas.homeunix.com/onlinereading/?image=The%20God%20of%20High%20School/The%20God%20of%20High%20School%20c073/002.jpg&server=nas.html)

shaheer
September 18, 2012, 01:24 PM
Oh i missed those indications, guess i wasnt really looking into the chap.
thanks bro :)

MiyamotoMusashi
September 20, 2012, 09:13 AM
Raw is out:http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=318995&no=75&weekday=fri

What the hell, does he teach him to pick up women?

More and more characters are getting introduced but i´d rather have the story move forward a bit

Seems like i was wrong and the story really moved forward after all, so the holy war has started now, the guy who knew jin´s grandpa is certain that he can win against jin

LoS
September 21, 2012, 08:03 PM
I thought the White Haired guy who beat Jin tae Jin was the leader, but he's just one of 5 Bishops who defer to their King. I wonder who the King is?

Also, who's the final member of the 6? I thought it was only 5, but now a 6th person whom we have yet to see gets mentioned.

shaheer
September 23, 2012, 07:53 AM
Seems like i was wrong and the story really moved forward after all, so the holy war has started now, the guy who knew jin´s grandpa is certain that he can win against jin

ya even after all that ye said if that s the best Jin can do then he is no match for him. That is really some thing
i wonder where did he train to be that strong.
i am sure the other 2 will train like insane but what the hell with jin do ?
i really think what we saw from jin is the best he can do atm

LoS
September 27, 2012, 09:53 PM
Today's chapter was super graphic. Many deaths, decapitations, loss of limbs. Things are really heating up.

shaheer
November 12, 2012, 07:30 AM
the fight started and Jin is in a VERY BAD SHAPE. All of his moves are countered and he is having balancing problem it seems. I dont know Y but i was expecting a lot more from Jin even though i knew it will come to this

LoS
November 12, 2012, 08:32 PM
The fight will come down to the very end. Park Il-Pyo is the "key" so he obviously has humongous importance, and he apparently beat Jae Kal-Taek in their last head to head battle,so he's supposed to be the strongest at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if Jin levels up again, or shows off another secret technique. He very well could win the fight and end up with very little health stamina after.

But Jin's team needs to win, so that he can fight Jae Kal-Taek and find out from him about his Gramps, since he's also part of the priest organization, and Jin's teammates need to finish their battle with Jae Kal-Taek's teammates from when they fought in the bathroom. Otherwise why would Han Dae-Wi receive training after fighting that girl.

kidopitz27
November 13, 2012, 05:08 AM
i really think that Jin will say after that is another "Interesting" on his speech bubble and maybe show another tech that his grandfather created when he was a kid for him and also the Sage pill is not in effect "yet"

shaheer
November 13, 2012, 10:27 PM
well i am keeping my fingers crossed for that kind of development. I wonder Y Dae Wi is out of commission in this battle, i mean i know he is training and all but couldnt he take some time off and fight? that way Jins team winning was a sure thing

LoS
November 14, 2012, 12:17 AM
He's disqualified from fighting in this match, hence why I feel Jin's team will win so that Han Dae-Wi will get his chance to show off his training in his rematch with that goofy buxom girl on Jae Kal-Taek's team in the final round.

shaheer
November 15, 2012, 06:58 AM
damn i fogot half of the manga it seems. I hope some how Jin wins this on his own strength, i am surprised that Jae Kal-Taek lost to him. i mean so far i didnt see THAT awesome moves. Yes Park Il-Pyo seems to be master strategist that might have played a big role in the fight

kidopitz27
November 15, 2012, 10:26 AM
the latest chapter is out (RAW) it looks like Jin got pawned but from the last panels i think he already planned to get beaten down to recover from the sneak attacks from the previous opponents and from the looks of it Jin is now using his hands for attacks and not his renewal taekwondo and i can't wait for the next chapter :)

halfcrzy
November 15, 2012, 06:40 PM
Awesome chapter. Lol sharigan ftw. But good for jin, looks like a few exciting chapters are coming up soon

kidopitz27
November 15, 2012, 07:46 PM
wow Jin is more of a genius of a copying techs even from just seeing it or getting hit by it and if i remember "awareness" was used on just 1 chapter ago :) hahahahah

now i know where he got the finger techs he learned it by being hit by the old man (with one hand) and some of the high level master said that the old man is being greedy for teaching JinMori some techs :) but now i know he even didn't teach Jinmori those attacks the only thing i saw the old man did to JinMoRi is using acupuncture

this chapter is a good and a bad thing because we are left with the "awareness" stance but what if he can counter those too? but im 50% sure that he was surprised that JinMoRi can use other skills too :) i really like JinMoRi to use other Taekwondo techs (from north korea) and some Han Dae-Wi Stance techs :) and the reverse dragon sign :) hahahahahaha

i really think that JinMoRi will tell this on his opponent "your weakness is focusing on what is the weakness of 1 martial art branch and not thinking of a contingency plans" heheheheheheh

and also the priest dude says that JinMoRi's opponent is the key but he didn't say for what i think he is the Key for JinMoRi to unlock other skill set :)

gotdott
November 15, 2012, 09:33 PM
my reaction: whaaat

sabret00the
November 21, 2012, 02:20 PM
I was very surprised at this, I really wanted to see him win with just his base skillset. We'll have to see the next chapter to see how forward thinking a decision it was.

LoS
November 22, 2012, 04:26 AM
I think Jin Mo-ri will continue displaying other people's skills and end with Park Il-Pyo's own skill just before he wins the fight using another new technique of his own Renewal Taekwondo.

kidopitz27
November 22, 2012, 04:05 PM
Chapter released http://mangapirate.net/The_God_of_High_School/83

so that what the "RENEWAL" means :)

so every time a weakness is been discovered "RENEWAL Taekwondo" will find to remove that weakness (weak at close range = Clear , Limited Attack Range = Clear , Strain in the body? = Jin MoRi still calculating )

and the Sage Pill is not in effect yet so we may see more OP techs from Jin Mori (remember what his grandfather said lay hands on Jin MoRi he will not go there because JinMori will do the trashing)

Blackurt
November 29, 2012, 09:08 AM
Hi everyone :)

Did anyone notice the photo at the end of the last chapter (83) where a guy is wearing the same jacket as Park-il-pyo?
I came across some pictures like this, some where about iphone cases, and others about clothes like a hoddy ( of The God of High School of course ) ;)

Does anyone know if we can buy these kind of stuff somewhere?

About the manhwa itself, where do we learn about Jin-mo-Ri having the sage pill ?
The Sage pill is kind of the same pill that in The breaker don't you think ?

LoS
November 30, 2012, 03:06 AM
Lol, Fire vs. Ice

And Park Il Po has -1 GP so he will use some ultimate move since everyone believed the fight to be over.

adarsh
December 06, 2012, 09:34 AM
raw released :)

LoS
December 06, 2012, 04:42 PM
boy did this story just take a turn for the worse, just got really stupid.

9 tails fox demon, park is the embodiment of a god. stupid indeed

kidopitz27
December 09, 2012, 07:51 PM
but in the end i really hope that Jin Mori will be like 0 hp to -1 hp like what Park did and this time Jin is the embodiment of a God Killer :) remember what his granpa said Jin Mori can kill all of the judges if provoked :)

Junior
December 14, 2012, 10:06 AM
I never bothered to comment on this thread but I've been reading this series for quite a while.

The fact that, initially, it was more based more on the physical skill of the characters is what drew me in. When I found out what GP was I expected that we'd so some 1337 magickz being tossed around at some point..but not to this extent.

Park is a GOD? How? Why?

That's not my only "complaint": http://c.mhcdn.net/store/manga/9275/084.0/compressed/j036.jpg?v=11354248423

Dude's HP hit 0 -- doesn't that mean he lost? I can't remember the chapter with the rules but I swear that I read something like "if your HP reaches 0 you lose". :T

world is wide
December 19, 2012, 12:48 PM
Park is a GOD? How? Why?
Dude's HP hit 0 -- doesn't that mean he lost? I can't remember the chapter with the rules but I swear that I read something like "if your HP reaches 0 you lose". :T

Park isn't a god, so far there is only borrowing and summoning, with no explained difference between those two. Park is borrowing the strongest god's power.

The tournament is pretty light on rules. Don't think there have been any besides something like "don't interfere in someone elses match" and "three people are a team, so beat them all to win"

but in the end i really hope that Jin Mori will be like 0 hp to -1 hp like what Park did and this time Jin is the embodiment of a God Killer :) remember what his granpa said Jin Mori can kill all of the judges if provoked :)

Expect Jin Mori to be an example of what humans are capable of without borrowing/summoning gods

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

9 tails fox demon, park is the embodiment of a god. stupid indeed

Yu Mi Ra did the same thing of embodying her borrowed power of the famous general Lu Bu Bongsun. In eastern mythology it is pretty much the same thing since living things can level up to be gods by becoming powerful or just living for a long time.

Jaimini626
January 01, 2013, 04:11 PM
park il pyo lost to yu mira's determination... looking forward to the next chapter

shaheer
January 06, 2013, 12:51 AM
i liked how Jin mori said he will get strong on his own. I wonder what he will talk with Park.
Looking forward for the next match it will be good
yu mira improved nd possibly will improve more

Razh
January 10, 2013, 11:00 AM
Read this a few days ago. It's not much of a masterpiece when it comes to story or fighting scenes, but there are some good moments here and there. I like all the colors.

I wonder if Jin Mori will be able to hold out on his promise. I don't doubt his word about wanting to be strong on his own, but at this moment, I can't see how he could become strong enough to fight Park Il Pyo's fox mode or that priest who fought his grandpa and the guy with the X on his forehead (hard to keep track of all those Korean names, I read 3 manhwas last week since I'm sick at home :p) without enhancements.

Maybe the Sage pill will kick in or something.

LoS
January 18, 2013, 04:33 AM
Pretty good chapter.

That huge guy from the Six just lost his grandson, I wonder how he will react. I also wonder if the good guys will notice that that one White haired Bishop implanted some powers into the kid, and manipulated him basically.

One thing that was annoying was that Jin Mo-Ri was able to snap the Judge's forearm, yet none of his kicks and punches were able to leave visible wounds on Jae Kal-Taek who was just standing still with his hands in his pockets taking the beating.

Jae Kal-Taek, he's being set up as the big baddie. By being involved with that Religious organization, and by sneak attacking everyone. He's still got to fight Park Il-Pyo's team though. Speaking of, Park Il-Pyo is still recovering from his wounds, the female lost a foot, and the male lost a hand. So Jae Kal-Taek essentially crippled both the girls close to Park Il-Pyo, he's gonna be pissed. But I fully expect Jae Kal-Taek's team to win since Jin Mo-Ri has to fight him, and his teammates have been training to fight the crazy girl and the guy with gravity powers.

shaheer
January 21, 2013, 07:51 AM
One thing that was annoying was that Jin Mo-Ri was able to snap the Judge's forearm, yet none of his kicks and punches were able to leave visible wounds on Jae Kal-Taek who was just standing still with his hands in his pockets taking the beating.

You echo my frustration bro. This was really an annoying read, i mean what good is bone breaking kicks and ultra coolness when you cant break the bones of the opponent who you are supposed to beat?

Any way the chap was good no doubt and its good that i am hating that Taek more and more. Wish jin mori can seriously kick his a$$. Not to mention i am waiting for the the training others are putting into to get in an even footing to bear its fruit.

Incidentally what is the gap between successive release? I kind a check all the manga i read in a given day of a week if i can get it i read it if i cant then i wait for the next week so i was not really keen abt the dates (TOG is an exception). But it would be good to know when it comes out, any info regarding it will be appreciated :)

LoS
January 21, 2013, 11:18 AM
Thursday Mornings US time, with a release from mangapirate in the afternoon/early evening US time.

Razh
January 24, 2013, 06:43 PM
Seriously, what's with all those red noses? Like, go home Bak Mu Jin, you're drunk. And 80% of the people as well.

Or is it cold?

Can't get used to it :p

shaheer
January 25, 2013, 12:19 AM
nice chap. it seems there will be a semifinal and we will get to see Taek in a formal match finally. We will see the previous match between Park and Taek in the next chap, the whole company is crumbling internally, the gramps didnt take the death lightly or maturedly.

LoS
January 31, 2013, 04:00 PM
This chapter irked me. Not for the emotion which was conveyed, I understand all of that. The big guy from the 6 is a storm of emotions after losing his company, betrayed by his members, and losing his grandson. The crippled girl is blaming others for her powerlessness, she still feels weak etc

What I didn't like was how the big guy just went along with what the strong Priest from the religious faction said about Park as a certified fact. Why believe him about Park being the Key? Also, what is the point of this tournament anyway. Just to find a key which is supposed to help bring down gods. Why do you even need to take down the gods? Bak Mu-Jin is a smart guy, he didn't take his former friends words about Park being the key as a definite, but why does he want to use Jae-Kal Taek's power? Why isn't he even questioning if he's on their side or not? Also, why would they even need the power of someone like him when all the Judges are clearly stronger than all the contestants?

None of them have gone over the video of the kid in the hospital bed receiving power from the priest guy, or thought it odd how he just transformed.

I know at this current point in the story man of these questions can't be answered, and some will be answered in the future, but these were just smackhead moments for me.

Also, I am not a fan of how Park and Jae-Kal Taek are fighting the semi final round 1v1. I know that Park's team is crippled, but that didn't stop the previous rounds from fighting 1v3 and so on. We know that Park has much history with Jae-Kal Taek, and now he has even more after he crippled his 2 teammates. There has been much foreshadowing of Jin Mo-Ri's teammates facing off with Jae-Kal Taek's teammates, we saw them scuffle with one another before, and we saw them asking for training from the Judges. So most likely the final will come to a big confrontation of Jin Mo-Ri's team vs Jae-Kal Taek's team. Which kind of makes this semi final match pointless to me.

I had a bunch typed out, accidentally pressed backspace and lost it all, so this post isn't nearly as good as the previous one :(

---------- Post added January 31, 2013 at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was January 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM ----------

Chapter 93 is a boring transition/backstory chapter. Yet again something dumb happens that irks me. They match the damage both fighters start the fight with. They have both lost 30% of their stamina. Why?

The tournament up till now you are supposed to continue on to the next round with whatever injuries you received in the prior rounds. Why do something different and dumb now? Not every fight till now have the fighters been at 100% health.

world is wide
January 31, 2013, 08:27 PM
1 v 1 and matching their HP makes sense if you consider the clinic fight as Ju-Goks and Taek's fault. There has been interference with Mo-Ri's team but it is easy to assume there was no evidence of that interference: Jin's grandpa retrieval was outside of the tournaments knowledge and his choice, Dae-Wi chose to exclude himself from matches by interfering in one, and Mi-Ra's sonic damage can also be included. So basically Jae-Kal is being punished for overreacting in a non-sanctioned match

Got to get Il-Pyo's backstory since he has been built up and about to go down. Agreed LoS, this is all a buildup to the team Jae-Kal vs team Mo-Ri.

MiyamotoMusashi
February 14, 2013, 09:40 AM
New chapter is out http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=318995&no=96&weekday=fri

Don´t need to know Korean to understand what´s happening. The Key is torturing the long haired guy until he pulls out his ace ability. Apparently, he can absorb other people´s abilities and make them his own, probably by killing them in a certain way. I know that i am late in saying this but honestly, those weird abilities really turn me off. I enjoyed the series much more when it was about martial arts, even if it was unrealistic back then.

shaheer
February 14, 2013, 09:52 AM
New chapter is out http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=318995&no=96&weekday=fri

Don´t need to know Korean to understand what´s happening. The Key is torturing the long haired guy until he pulls out his ace ability. Apparently, he can absorb other people´s abilities and make them his own, probably by killing them in a certain way. I know that i am late in saying this but honestly, those weird abilities really turn me off. I enjoyed the series much more when it was about martial arts, even if it was unrealistic back then.

This chap pisses me off due to this. It is not a fighting tournament any more its getting retarded.
mixure of pokemon and HSD kenici.
i get the summoning the familiar to aid battle but this is too much
animal summoning to eat the guy and now summoning wizard s and orc like beings what gives !!

world is wide
February 14, 2013, 11:47 AM
This summoned army looks like a bunch of fodder charyeok. Even still hope it is a one off ability as well.

Increasingly unrealistic abilities make characters, already thin to begin with, even harder to understand and care about

kidopitz27
February 14, 2013, 06:43 PM
i really think that the green haired guy skill is eating up the power of his enemies because when his summon bites the hand of the fox the fox's ears and powers was gone well half of it anyway i really think that he is just using those summons to tire him out and eat all of his powers and use it for himself

LoS
February 14, 2013, 11:52 PM
This Manhwa jumped the shark once Charyeok was introduced, which is unfortunate because conceptually Charyeok could be pretty cool. As others have mentioned this chapter in particular was just over the top silly, a horde of fodder type extremely goofy and out of place looking Charyeok avatars showing up was too much.

I think every single story about abilities and such always has someone who is a parasite type, who can adopt/steal the ability/power of others.

Thing is that if this is Jae-Kal's ace, his best move, we have already seen all he has to offer. So what would happen in the fight between him and Jin Mo-Ri? I guess that final battle will be interrupted by the Priest organization.

kidopitz27
February 14, 2013, 11:59 PM
if the green haired dude's team wins that means he is already loss to Jin Mori because Jin didn't even use those summon and just use full strength Jin is not happy that you need some summon to become strong that's why he don't need those at all

this fight is also for the green haired team 100% win because the fox is the only one left on the team and if green haired dude lose there is still 2 members left

Razh
February 17, 2013, 12:06 PM
this fight is also for the green haired team 100% win because the fox is the only one left on the team and if green haired dude lose there is still 2 members left

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was decided this will be 1 on 1 fight, since Kal-Taek made Il-Pyo's team mates unable to fight.

shaheer
February 18, 2013, 03:55 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was decided this will be 1 on 1 fight, since Kal-Taek made Il-Pyo's team mates unable to fight.

yes its 1 v 1 and i think Taek will win even if it was 1 v 3 because this will push Jin mori to go extreme. i mean he will realize how much out of league he is so he will push himself to do sth that we didnt see so far

LoS
February 28, 2013, 06:25 PM
Had a strong feeling this would happen. We wouldn't get to see the end of the tournament because the Priest organization would crash the fights. So basically that power up Jaek just got puts him on the level of the Judges we have seen.

world is wide
March 02, 2013, 11:23 AM
Was that a spoiler referring to ch 97? Please mark as so next time.

So is Jae-Kal the key now since he won or are the different sides courting him just because he is strong. Seems iffy for the tournament organizers to not be attacking Jae-Kal over taking the judge's arm.

Thought we would have a while before the tournament, which has been the webtoons sole format, ended. Wonder what is going to structure the story now? Too funny, in a bad way, if the priests and judges decide to fight in a super tournament :P

LoS
March 02, 2013, 11:07 PM
Why would I need to mark a spoiler for a chapter that's already out?

It was never confirmed that Park was the key, just because that Priest said he was the key in a joking/misleading manner to his old friend. Who by the way saw through his ruse.

Obviously Jin Mo-Ri will continue searching for his Grandfather. The Judges/Government side will be facing off against the Religious/Priest organization.

world is wide
March 08, 2013, 04:33 PM
Why would I need to mark a spoiler for a chapter that's already out?

Because at the time it wasn't scanlated. There is a 24 hr waiting period for unmarked spoilers unless a scanlation comes out.

Really losing interest in this webtoon anyways. The superpowers don't seem to have any rhyme, reason, or limits. Anybody judge/highschooler/priest can pull out wild game changing abilities at a drop of a hat. The power system is just way too loose

Have given up on expecting limits and explanations, and considering how popular one piece is, webtoon probably doesnt have an editor demanding such things

---------- Post added March 08, 2013 at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was March 05, 2013 at 12:15 PM ----------

Ch. 98 (http://mangacow.net/the_god_of_high_school)

Ha, spoke to soon. Initially was disappointed by Taek showing an unreasonable amount of power in taking down a judge, but since he had the key it makes sense.

Not to mention Han came back. Interest restored

gotdott
March 21, 2013, 01:48 PM
so he wasted his limiter on a copy? aw shucks

LoS
March 21, 2013, 02:30 PM
He's survived one of these explosions before though. Mi Ra and Dae could possibly weaken Jaek a bit, but then again he might be physically weakened but could get even stronger by absorbing their Chaerok's.

conn-man
March 21, 2013, 09:50 PM
I dont think either of team Mo Ri's charyeok will be stolen. Jae Kal has to pretty much defeat his opponent to do the steal.

I'm not sure Dae Wi will use his charyeok in this scene. It feels like its being so hyped that he wont use it until he fights a way bigger oppenent.

And Yu Mi Ra's sword changed shape and color, sleek red.

LoS
March 22, 2013, 01:02 AM
One thing I am confused on is that the story has shown us that Jae Kal has to absorb anothers's power basically, yet he had that Ageis Shield ability without absorbing or killing that fighter. Rather it was the White Haired Priest who killed the guy.

conn-man
March 28, 2013, 07:13 PM
Well I was wrong, Dae Wi unloaded and it was an awesome show.

Loved the use of sheilds and physical hits. And he seems as fast as any other

LoS
March 28, 2013, 10:23 PM
Yu Mi-Ra had better step it up, she's always been the weakest but to get one shotted basically is kinda pathetic. Yes Dae Wi looked mighty impressive.

gotdott
April 11, 2013, 03:53 PM
Yea after seeing the synergy in this week's chapter you really have to wonder about Yu Mi-Ra and where her character is headed.

shaheer
April 12, 2013, 12:05 PM
Yu Mi-Ra s performance was really disappointing. On the other hand Dae Wi is on a different level entirely. I wonder why ALL of the 6 are in despair..can any one actually explain the Key thing? i m getting confused

kidopitz27
April 13, 2013, 12:07 AM
so the author changed the ending on the 103 chapter? i was really shocked at the 1st ending seeing Jin Mo Ri's GP to be 1950

LoS
April 14, 2013, 02:15 AM
Previously whenever we saw a GP on someone's wrist that was the measurement for whoever they were fighting. That GP is the exact same as Jae Kal's from when he ripped off that Judge's arm by the way.

The Key is pretty much a cop out by the author. It's supposed to be a powerup so that The 6 and such can take down Gods, be able to defeat that religious group.

shaheer
May 03, 2013, 11:32 PM
things are going in weird pace now. Jin mori seems to have a Ultimate state where he is incredibly fast and strong.. Highly doubt it will work though

0Xellos
May 04, 2013, 10:56 AM
things are going in weird pace now. Jin mori seems to have a Ultimate state where he is incredibly fast and strong.. Highly doubt it will work though

Nah, what he's doing is acupunting himself to remove the limits to his physical strength. Of course, those limits exist so you wouldn't destroy yourself with your own strength, so it's kind of a last stand.

I'd be really disappointed if it doesn't work, though, because I don't see a believable way for the Six to defeat the omega guy without the Key, and it should hold some serious consequences for Jin, too.

shaheer
May 04, 2013, 02:17 PM
Nah, what he's doing is acupunting himself to remove the limits to his physical strength. Of course, those limits exist so you wouldn't destroy yourself with your own strength, so it's kind of a last stand.

I'd be really disappointed if it doesn't work, though, because I don't see a believable way for the Six to defeat the omega guy without the Key, and it should hold some serious consequences for Jin, too.

ya but lately jin mori did 0 thing to impress... srsly it is beyond pathetic.
i left all hopes i had of him

Wowzers
May 16, 2013, 11:30 AM
ya but lately jin mori did 0 thing to impress... srsly it is beyond pathetic.
i left all hopes i had of him

Check out chapter 108 that just came out and say that. :XD

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=318995&no=109&week=fri&listPage=1

world is wide
May 16, 2013, 03:14 PM
108 is total WTF. Is Jin Mori now Monkey?

0Xellos
May 16, 2013, 03:34 PM
Even better, a scanlation http://www.mangareader.net/the-god-of-high-school/108

Apparently, Jin Mori is a great king something. And he proves that it's quite badass :^_^

jeffy
May 16, 2013, 04:44 PM
He's Sun Wukong -- the monkey king in Chinese folklore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong).

I gotta say though, this manga has really jumped the shark. :/ I kinda wish everything was scaled back a few power levels but now suddenly Jin Mori and the Shark Guy are just way overpowered.

gotdott
May 16, 2013, 06:43 PM
He's Sun Wukong -- the monkey king in Chinese folklore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong).

I gotta say though, this manga has really jumped the shark. :/ I kinda wish everything was scaled back a few power levels but now suddenly Jin Mori and the Shark Guy are just way overpowered.

It jumped the proverbial shark a long time ago.

This is kind of cool I guess, I was expecting him to implement the monkey king somehow.

Ex-Shadow
May 16, 2013, 09:21 PM
At first the only charyeok which can be called a god is only the Kyuubi, while the other are just legendary beings or mythical creature. But now the main character is revealed as Monkey King, an authentic god in buddhism? badass...

LoS
May 16, 2013, 11:58 PM
Well that god weird rather quickly.

Seriously, where can this story go from here? We are now on the point on Kings of historical times, using Charyeok that is unparalleled.

It's just so silly now that I feel this story has to come to an end soon, because there literally can't be much more left to advance powers and plot.

Wowzers
May 17, 2013, 01:34 PM
It may very well Spiral Out of Control! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJzYSswcj0) :XD

Razh
May 18, 2013, 03:08 PM
108 is total WTF. Is Jin Mori now Monkey?

No, he's Songoku. :p

I thought his history reminded a little of how Songohan found Goku when he was a baby and taught him martial arts. But now he awakens and seems he's not even human and even has a big ass Nyoibo as his weapon.

MiyamotoMusashi
May 20, 2013, 03:26 AM
Well that god weird rather quickly.

Seriously, where can this story go from here? We are now on the point on Kings of historical times, using Charyeok that is unparalleled.

It's just so silly now that I feel this story has to come to an end soon, because there literally can't be much more left to advance powers and plot.

As we have seen with the last chapter, the story can go anywhere, even if iit comes out of nowhere.

shaheer
May 20, 2013, 09:43 AM
108 was really weird. who the hec is this new guy and what the hell is Jin moris connection with this guy. AND what has all this got to do with Jin mori and his grand pa

That magician guy was really strong, I wager he was stronger than the rest of the 6... well may be aprt from the chineese guy who taught a thing or two to Jin mori

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

But this is all FILLED with alteast 100 of Deus Ex machina.
All of a sudden stuffs pop up with no background altogether, reminded me of DBZ, some times exponential power ups srsly pissed me off in DBZ. Hope the author has good explanation regarding this, the change seems cool but it will be lame if there is no explanation.

0Xellos
May 20, 2013, 11:18 AM
That's how it goes in this webtoon - full of deus ex machina and fast, confusing twists. It's nice to read if you want to see cool fights, but that's it. I only read it out of routine now (or maybe addiction to manga&manhwa is more accurate :^_^).

kidopitz27
May 21, 2013, 06:55 AM
i think i have a theory where Jin Mori came from :D

remember this monster (http://ex2.unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=The%20God%20of%20High%20School/The%20God%20of%20High%20School%20c058/003.jpg&server=nas.html)?

what if that is the original Sun Wukong? and look at this Jin Mori's clothes (http://ex2.unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=The%20God%20of%20High%20School/The%20God%20of%20High%20School%20c108/035.jpg&server=nas.html)

really similar right?

what if the big guy Jin Tae Jin and Il-Pyo's dad is fighting is Jin Mori's father? or Jin Mo Ri himself?

for close comparison heres an image side by side :D

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/kidopitz27/JinMoRi.jpg (http://s728.photobucket.com/user/kidopitz27/media/JinMoRi.jpg.html)

really close right even with the beads on his hands :D

i'm really just waiting for the correct explanation but this is the closest i can get and i really want to know who the hell is this guy (http://ex2.unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=The%20God%20of%20High%20School/The%20God%20of%20High%20School%20c012/0026.jpg&server=nas.html)? <---- this guy was showed on chapter 12 and also the guy who beat the hell out of the jet li dressing girl

shaheer
May 21, 2013, 09:21 AM
IDK hair and skin color doesnt match i mean ya it was a monochrome son goku in the panel but if his skin is blue perse then the texure of his skin will look darker... nd the silhouette of the guy seem to show that it is bald

kidopitz27
May 21, 2013, 07:38 PM
IDK hair and skin color doesnt match i mean ya it was a monochrome son goku in the panel but if his skin is blue perse then the texure of his skin will look darker... nd the silhouette of the guy seem to show that it is bald

i mean the loincloth the lower part with tiger stripes? and the beads they are both similar on that image

shaheer
May 22, 2013, 06:38 AM
i mean the loincloth the lower part with tiger stripes? and the beads they are both similar on that image

I know that but if its him then should every thing match... or it might be that he got into a fight and went super saiyan mode and his hair fell off along with skin color change
:D with all the things happening in this manhwa i dont think its farfetched

kidopitz27
May 22, 2013, 08:04 AM
I know that but if its him then should every thing match... or it might be that he got into a fight and went super saiyan mode and his hair fell off along with skin color change
:D with all the things happening in this manhwa i dont think its farfetched

either the big guy is Jin Mo Ri's father or Guardian if you look at big guy he is sitting still and not moving on that spot maybe that big guy is protecting Jin Mo Ri

or the big guy is Jin Mo Ri and maybe just maybe Jin Tae Gin beat the big guy and when weakened he transformed back (like when Odin touched Loki in the movie he turned from color blue to normal human color)

or Jin Tae Gin beat the big guy and notice that he is not fighting back and when he killed that big guy he saw the baby Jin Mo Ri

shaheer
May 22, 2013, 09:51 AM
Hey thats a nice deduction there, i didnt see that part coming. Given the absurdities in the manhwa i started thinking of the most absurd possiblities rather than the simple and plausible ones

jeffy
May 23, 2013, 09:45 AM
... Wow. So how the hell are they gonna top this Deus Ex Machina. I like the fight scenes and all but I wish the comic gave a better return for time investment after these years. Sigh.

Nast.J
May 23, 2013, 10:46 AM
I think it's when the the key has been implemented in the story that this manwha started to become bad.

The author should have just kept it simple with the tournaments and the two groups fighting (priests vs judges), I think those were the most interesting things.

But now it's all about ''I wanna eat you blabla'', many powerups coming from nowhere and of course ugly transformations...

It's a shame because this story had a huge potential with Tae Jin going missing and all that stuff, all the cool fights and the drawings that are just perfectly done and the detailed explanation about many martial arts features.

I still won't give up on this manwha and I hope the author's is going to provide some great explanations to explain all this fuzz but it;s sad it went this way...

Wowzers
May 23, 2013, 10:55 AM
Don't worry! It's all just a dream sequence. Jin Mori will wake up soon.

Or maybe I will.

Murim
May 23, 2013, 10:56 AM
Poor Korea ....

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_god_of_high_school/c020/8.html
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_god_of_high_school/c109/10.html

So Jin Mori is a God. But why the other Gods (this white small and big things) are so incredible weak?
The ability user should start borrow power from jin mori aka the monkey king.
(Maybe Han-Dae Wi and Mira?)

world is wide
May 23, 2013, 11:42 AM
Well Buddha had to bury Monkey King under a mountain because he was beating up all the other gods, so unless Buddha shows up Monkey King should be top tier. Though Jin Mori says only some of his memories have returned so I am guessing he is at something like 5% Monkey King power

For me, this webtoon is becoming less about the fights and more about seeing the author make a coherent story out of this mess.

jeffy
May 23, 2013, 12:48 PM
Well, for what it's worth, at least Jin Mori eating the sage pill

http://mangachrome.com/the-god-of-high-school/20/22/
http://mangachrome.com/the-god-of-high-school/22/34/

has a bit of metaphorical sense now (Sun Wukong ate the sage pill of Lao Tzu).

Still not happy about power levels, but oh wells.

0Xellos
May 23, 2013, 04:02 PM
... Wow. So how the hell are they gonna top this Deus Ex Machina. I like the fight scenes and all but I wish the comic gave a better return for time investment after these years. Sigh.

With more Deus Ex Machina
:cookiehand
At least that's how it went so far.

kidopitz27
May 23, 2013, 05:46 PM
the first page of chapter 109 that the king told the white haired guy that Monkey King died i think that the King ordered Jin Tae Jin and Il-Pyo's dad to kill the monkey king (http://ex2.unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=The%20God%20of%20High%20School/The%20God%20of%20High%20School%20c058/003.jpg&server=nas.html) saying that there is a nuclear bomb on that place or the King is Jin Tae Jin himself or someone on Jin Tae Jin's squad on that time that survived

world is wide
May 23, 2013, 06:11 PM
the first page of chapter 109 that the king told the white haired guy that Monkey King died i think that the King ordered Jin Tae Jin and Il-Pyo's dad to kill the monkey king (http://ex2.unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=The%20God%20of%20High%20School/The%20God%20of%20High%20School%20c058/003.jpg&server=nas.html) saying that there is a nuclear bomb on that place or the King is Jin Tae Jin himself or someone on Jin Tae Jin's squad on that time that survived

...but....but...that makes sense. That would mean the author has some sort of plan or outline for this story <head explodes>

kidopitz27
May 23, 2013, 07:49 PM
the one Jin Mo Ri called is the Kinto Cloud (dragon ball reference :D)right?

0Xellos
May 23, 2013, 07:52 PM
Lol, I just realized that

( •_•) I guess we can call it
(> •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Monkey King ex Machina

YEEEEEEAAHHHHH!

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

the one Jin Mo Ri called is the Kinto Cloud (dragon ball reference :D)right?

Right. Basing on the popularity of both, it's possible that the original idea for this design comes from DB and not the mythology :D

kidopitz27
May 24, 2013, 03:35 AM
there are still un-answered questions in my mind :D

* what is the purpose of the key?
* is the key the only way to become a god?
* if the white hair dude knows that Monkey King is alive should he serve the true god?
* is Jin Mo Ri this guy? (http://ex2.unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=The%20God%20of%20High%20School/The%20God%20of%20High%20School%20c058/003.jpg&server=nas.html) before his memory loss?
* how in the world Jin Tae Jin and Il-Pyo's dad manage to survive that Monkey King?
* does the US know that there is a base on the moon?
* how Jin Mo Ri lost all of his memories?
* does Jin Tae Jin use a tech to erase Jin Tae Jin's memory?
* is the greedy guy who absorb anything survive that lightning strike from Kinto Cloud?

LoS
May 24, 2013, 07:03 PM
Did EG Scans drop this series? They haven't had an update in weeks. Kinda sucks, because Mangacow has some obvious poor word choice in their translations.

kidopitz27
May 30, 2013, 09:30 AM
On the final page there is a "fin" so does that mean goh ends?

tiranor
May 30, 2013, 11:46 AM
Seems like it. But the last 3 chapter brang much more questions than answers...

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Scanlation available, it's not the last chapter, but the epilogue is near. As it seems, it would only be the end of an arc.

Nast.J
May 30, 2013, 01:27 PM
I think that part 2 is ending with the epilogue of next week. I wonder if there's going to be a part 3. Anyways, things are starting to make sense and I wasn't deceived by this kind of end for Greed. I loved how the Grandpa was proud of his grandson! Let's see what happens in the next chapter, I hope they give answers to where those gods comes from etc...

tiranor
May 30, 2013, 02:01 PM
I guess that the part 3 would be the actual war, now that the six found the key and have now the lost king.

kidopitz27
May 30, 2013, 06:56 PM
The original king i think is sun wukong but jin tae jin hide that and now the bishop and the other priest think that tjey need a new king and they need greed eating a key to become god but the difference of those god was explained by the old alchemist that sun wukong was born a god flesh and bone and greed was just borrowing the power of a god and i think the fox is just a normal animal that hates human and transformed into a demon and people starts to worship the fox thinking he's a god

Nast.J
June 06, 2013, 11:16 AM
http://mngacow.com/the-god-of-high-school/111/
Where are all those characters coming from? I really don't know what to expect anymore. But it's still great and it's starting to make sense little by little. Also the new member of the six is hilarious lol

LoS
June 06, 2013, 11:32 AM
So the Elder that died was trying to contain the explosion within a dome that would have destroyed that underground cavern, but he opted not to because the kids were down there. But oh wait, so too was a member of the 6 who was asleep. Seems like a last minute oversight by the author.

Nast.J
June 06, 2013, 11:41 AM
So the Elder that died was trying to contain the explosion within a dome that would have destroyed that underground cavern, but he opted not to because the kids were down there. But oh wait, so too was a member of the 6 who was asleep. Seems like a last minute oversight by the author.

I disagree, since the beggining of the tournament the goal of the contenders was to win in order to get their wish fullfilled. Moreover, we've just learned now that the wish can only be fullfilled by the last member of the six who happened to be resting under the tournament dome in some kind of shrine in order to get his full power back.

It does make sense since we're going back to the original goal of the tournament with the last member of the six help so I don't see that as a last minute oversight by the author but more like a clarification to how they can get their wish fullfilled.

world is wide
June 06, 2013, 01:30 PM
... they need greed eating a key to become god ...

The key is less becoming a god, and more a power up to stand up to gods while still being human. For godhood you need both power and immortality. Power that lets you live forever doesn't count, but rather actually living beyond a normal span of years

... the fox is just a normal animal that hates human and transformed into a demon and people starts to worship the fox thinking he's a god

In a culture with animism and ancestor worship it isn't too useful to think of false gods. A destructive hateful god just means you pray for its peace and departure

LoS
June 06, 2013, 09:48 PM
I disagree, since the beggining of the tournament the goal of the contenders was to win in order to get their wish fullfilled. Moreover, we've just learned now that the wish can only be fullfilled by the last member of the six who happened to be resting under the tournament dome in some kind of shrine in order to get his full power back.

It does make sense since we're going back to the original goal of the tournament with the last member of the six help so I don't see that as a last minute oversight by the author but more like a clarification to how they can get their wish fullfilled.

Literally nothing you just typed answers why he would have allowed the explosion to happen knowing a member of the Six was down there asleep. He seemingly only canceled the restrictive dome because of the children below.

Nast.J
June 06, 2013, 10:14 PM
Literally nothing you just typed answers why he would have allowed the explosion to happen knowing a member of the Six was down there asleep. He seemingly only canceled the restrictive dome because of the children below.
The magician knew the kids were down there when they fell but he still wanted to kill Sang man duk but when he saw that they climbed their way up to the arena near him, he cancelled the explosion so that they wouldn't get harmed.

He didn't seem like he would cancel it if they were still down there, this makes me think that the underground area was either too deep or that Sang man duk's shield would prevent it to go that deep.

I still don't see how this would make you think that the cavern and the last member of the six were a last minute oversight.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Actually I forgot about this panel, http://mngacow.com/the-god-of-high-school/98/4/ . So I don't think it was a last minute oversight! :)

LoS
June 07, 2013, 04:36 AM
No, the fact that the female 6 member would grant a wish has been foreshadowed for ages now. Just not that her location was in a cave beneath the arena, a cave right where the kids were which was deemed too close to the explosion blast radius. So then wouldn't she be too close to the blast radius as well?

tiranor
June 07, 2013, 08:05 AM
Ever heard of blast shelters ?

Nast.J
June 07, 2013, 09:18 AM
Ever heard of blast shelters ?
Took the words out of my mouth. I believe the cavern where she was hiding must have been protected by magical kind of stuff to protect her from any damage unless you actually find the door (so that once the tournament ends, they can wake her up).

We will probably learn more about in the next chapters.

ErosVp
June 07, 2013, 01:24 PM
The magicain from the six didn't know the dome below was immune to magic. Even when the blue haired girl said to Mu Bong the children were not teleport he said he imagined the dome was was magic proof but wasn't sure. So the magician from the six must've imagined he sent the kids and the female six far away and was a bit lae to notice that wasn't the case....

Nast.J
June 13, 2013, 01:10 PM
http://mngacow.com/the-god-of-high-school/112/?all

world is wide
June 13, 2013, 01:47 PM
Well that was quite the info dump and with a little time jump thrown in too. So apparently the key is a being and a dragonball, with little pieces needing to be collected. Collect all the fragments, a classic simple plot device more suited to a game rather than a modern manga.

gotdott
June 13, 2013, 06:26 PM
Well that was quite the info dump and with a little time jump thrown in too. So apparently the key is a being and a dragonball, with little pieces needing to be collected. Collect all the fragments, a classic simple plot device more suited to a game rather than a modern manga.

Your thinking is too narrow, this is more than just a fetch quest. It's a convenient and understandable excuse to have Park Il Pyo leave and come back later on powered up and still relevant while Jin Mori and crew are off on their journey to the west.

Jammin
June 13, 2013, 07:20 PM
I just caught up on GoHS and while I'm not really liking all this gods and pokemon(by which I mean summon monster powers) stuff; I feel like the title of the series gave me a warning which I just didn't listen to.

"The God of Highschool"

It's right there in the title but somehow I was still surprised when it went from supernatural martial arts to full blown DBZ in 40 chapters. So I feel like that's totally my fault.

Was anybody else caught off guard by the power spike?

world is wide
June 13, 2013, 09:40 PM
thought the power progression wasn't too bad, but I was probably expecting since they started with a buddha palm to an island.

Nast.J
June 13, 2013, 09:54 PM
I just caught up on GoHS and while I'm not really liking all this gods and pokemon(by which I mean summon monster powers) stuff; I feel like the title of the series gave me a warning which I just didn't listen to.

"The God of Highschool"

It's right there in the title but somehow I was still surprised when it went from supernatural martial arts to full blown DBZ in 40 chapters. So I feel like that's totally my fault.

Was anybody else caught off guard by the power spike?

I think we all kinda were. We were just getting used to Charyeok and martial techniques but out of nowhere Park transformed into the ninetails and the key story began and then many more gods came out of nowhere.

You actually just reminded me about the title. To be honest, I figured that the title didn't even make sense from the beggining and i completely stopped thinking about it. But now that some Gods appeared and that you just reminded me about the title, I guess it makes sense.

But what I'm wondering is if he's going to introduce an Highschool of some sort soon xD or if we will have to wait around 100 chapters for this part of the title to make sense.

Is JinMori going to train in an highschool for Gods soon? :3c

Oh I actually got used to the summoning (called Charyeok) and i find it pretty cool, I've always thought about it being a representation of their inner strenght (Qi) or something until Mori's friend gave an explanation about it. I still like this aspect tho and since everyone had his own Charyeok with their respective abilities, it was fair hierarchically speaking until Gods came along.

tiranor
June 14, 2013, 07:50 AM
Since the beginning, when we saw a handprint on an island, Jin Tae Jin remodelling landscape against the SIX, i was more relieved to see the highschool students showing some potential.

world is wide
June 20, 2013, 04:03 PM
Feel like we are supposed to be excited by a squad of misfits, but am the opposite. Would be much more interested in learning about normal looking characters, less tropey

Wowzers
June 20, 2013, 06:47 PM
I think he is just giving a bit of back story before the next arc.

Nast.J
June 20, 2013, 10:08 PM
I think he is just giving a bit of back story before the next arc.
I'm actually enjoying this little back story. I really liked the introduction of Jin's team. It's good to go back to the roots of GOH!

The team itself was interesting, some guy looked like Park Il Pyo's dad, I wonder who's the guy behind the mask.

The fights were awesome as well, not even one charyeok was used! I think this flashback was what we needed in order to swallow everything that happened (the god's etc...) and to understand more what caused all of this.

conn-man
June 20, 2013, 10:20 PM
So the north is trying to pull Sun wu kong out from the moutain Buddha put him under..cool concept indeed.

Wu kong looks different. Is Jin mori a vessel? But it was definitely Mori leading that army in the flashback..confusing. And what does the traitors family have to do with it..very scrambled at this point.

Also, does Jin tai jin have the super powerful hwechook in this time?

The Black Sun
June 20, 2013, 11:04 PM
maybe jin mo-ri is adopted!!!
but jin tai-jin is super young here, so maybe jin mo-ri father is the adopted one...
or maybe I'm just stupid and forgot that it was said before...
and flashbacks are the best!

Murim
June 21, 2013, 03:29 AM
i go with The Black Sun theory. Jin Tai Jin said that Jin Mori is growing slower than other kids (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_god_of_high_school/c084/32.html)

The team itself was interesting, some guy looked like Park Il Pyo's dad, I wonder who's the guy behind the mask.

It was Park's grandfather (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_god_of_high_school/c058/10.html)

shaheer
June 21, 2013, 04:02 AM
For the first time after a long time i found my interest back in the manga. last couple of chaps were filled with 'just so ' moves and occurrence and the actions were all farfetched DBZ links. This time the story is brewing up to show something atleast.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Oh I actually got used to the summoning (called Charyeok) and i find it pretty cool, I've always thought about it being a representation of their inner strenght (Qi) or something until Mori's friend gave an explanation about it. I still like this aspect tho and since everyone had his own Charyeok with their respective abilities, it was fair hierarchically speaking until Gods came along.

HMM me too i liked it for some reason even though some of it is pokemon concept. Especially Dae Wis chareok, the things he did with water was really impressive

kidopitz27
June 24, 2013, 04:11 AM
After this flashback arc they're gonna start collecting fragments of the key it the author going for spiderman shattered dimension -ish style story where people/martial artist that got a fragment of a key will be powerful or somesort?

shaheer
June 24, 2013, 12:24 PM
After this flashback arc they're gonna start collecting fragments of the key it the author going for spiderman shattered dimension -ish style story where people/martial artist that got a fragment of a key will be powerful or somesort?
LOL you remind me of inu yasha

kidopitz27
June 27, 2013, 03:12 AM
LOL you remind me of inu yasha

Yes like that where they collect the crystal fragments that kagome shattered using her bow hahaha

conn-man
July 04, 2013, 09:21 PM
That's wu kong saying 'jin' those two times isn't it? Wondering what that was about .

And very off topic but, I'm a litle dissapointed Obama lost his cool so easily in the last battle. I like to think he's a little sharper than that irl.

Bhoot
July 14, 2013, 07:31 AM
I get the feeling that the parts of key will be collected by Park while Jin will quest of Monkey king armor pieces .

I really hope they dont travel together I really dont

LoS
July 19, 2013, 03:06 AM
Super long chapter this week. Kind of a twist having their comrade actually be conceiling his identity in on of those suits and on the USA's side. Who knows maybe Jin Mo-Ri will be inside that case or something.

Nast.J
July 19, 2013, 05:57 PM
I don't even know what to say about this webtoon right now. It just completely mindfucked me.

The huge monkey looks like the ones from Dragonball-Z, there's not even enough character development about Jin Tae Jin's team but somehow one of them has betrayed them and joined team USA.

How the hell are we supposed to feel something toward that treason when we don't even know the guy well, I didn't even remember he was from Jin's team since there's almost like 20 guys in his team.

It really feels rushed when it's supposed to be a key flashback with the goal of explaining many things about Jin's past, Park's Il Pyo father and possibly uncover the misteries about Jin Mori's birth.

world is wide
July 20, 2013, 12:46 AM
Completely agree Nast. At least these undeveloped characters are dying off quickly

Jin Tae Jin seems kind of like a d*ck. He is off having fun battling monkey guy for no discernible reason while his squad dies off. Not to mention telling his squad to make sure their mate gets a proper funeral. They are in the middle of a battlefield, proper last rites is hardly a priority.

Nast.J
July 25, 2013, 04:26 PM
This week's chapter: http://mngacow.com/the-god-of-high-school/118/

Oh well, this is one of the worst flashback I've ever seen. I couldn't get attached to one single character because everything was going too fast. The fights were really badly done and didn't make sense at all, it felt to me like it was just a ''Hit and hopefully it will strike kind of fight'' unless maybe Park's fight.

The author tried to make us feel a bit emotional about Jin's friends death but it didn't work. The cliche ''I was going to do that if i wasn't dead'' was used for all his friends.

And apparently, the youngest of the six has been taken as a hostage by the priests and R was a traitor. That's a real ''wtf'' right there! Even if R happens to be a double agent who's in fact a nice person, what are we supposed to feel when his betrayal wasn't even shown but was already done...

But the funniest thing is that Jin's mori birth really felt to me like it was coming straight from DragonBall Z.

Jin Mori is a god who was taken care of by Jin Tae Jin.
Goku was a sayan who was taken care of by Son Gohan.

Both aren't human too.Oh yeah Goku was naked too just like Jin Mori. See any difference?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something very important. Jin Tae Jin had trouble fighting with a fur. Yes, i'm not lying but we've had almost 5 chapters of a fight against Jin Mori's fur who took the form of a monkey...

kidopitz27
July 25, 2013, 04:50 PM
i think i have a theory where Jin Mori came from :D

remember this monster (http://ex2.unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=The%20God%20of%20High%20School/The%20God%20of%20High%20School%20c058/003.jpg&server=nas.html)?

what if that is the original Sun Wukong? and look at this Jin Mori's clothes (http://ex2.unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=The%20God%20of%20High%20School/The%20God%20of%20High%20School%20c108/035.jpg&server=nas.html)

really similar right?

what if the big guy Jin Tae Jin and Il-Pyo's dad is fighting is Jin Mori's father? or Jin Mo Ri himself?

for close comparison heres an image side by side :D

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/kidopitz27/JinMoRi.jpg (http://s728.photobucket.com/user/kidopitz27/media/JinMoRi.jpg.html)

BOOM!!! Right on the Money!!! hahahahaha :D but that monkey is only a strand of hair but close enough :D

gotdott
July 25, 2013, 05:43 PM
This week's chapter: http://mngacow.com/the-god-of-high-school/118/

Oh well, this is one of the worst flashback I've ever seen. I couldn't get attached to one single character because everything was going too fast. The fights were really badly done and didn't make sense at all, it felt to me like it was just a ''Hit and hopefully it will strike kind of fight'' unless maybe Park's fight.

The author tried to make us feel a bit emotional about Jin's friends death but it didn't work. The cliche ''I was going to do that if i wasn't dead'' was used for all his friends.

And apparently, the youngest of the six has been taken as a hostage by the priests and R was a traitor. That's a real ''wtf'' right there! Even if R happens to be a double agent who's in fact a nice person, what are we supposed to feel when his betrayal wasn't even shown but was already done...

But the funniest thing is that Jin's mori birth really felt to me like it was coming straight from DragonBall Z.

Jin Mori is a god who was taken care of by Jin Tae Jin.
Goku was a sayan who was taken care of by Son Gohan.

Both aren't human too.Oh yeah Goku was naked too just like Jin Mori. See any difference?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something very important. Jin Tae Jin had trouble fighting with a fur. Yes, i'm not lying but we've had almost 5 chapters of a fight against Jin Mori's fur who took the form of a monkey...

Just FYI both Goku and Jin Mori are based off the Sun Wukong from Chinese mythos. Sun Wukong burst out of a rock upon birth and during his travels attained immeasurable power eventually causing chaos in heaven. Among his powers were shape shifting and the ability to create dopplegangers from his fur that had power that could keep up with gods.

Also a sidenote, that head band that appeared on Jin Mori's forehead when he transformed is also another nod to the mythos, where Wukong was tricked into wearing a magical head band that ended up restricting his powers because an incantation would cause him immense pain.

Obviously i'm enjoying this more because I understand all these nods, but just wanted to point that out!

Nast.J
July 25, 2013, 06:08 PM
Just FYI both Goku and Jin Mori are based off the Sun Wukong from Chinese mythos. Sun Wukong burst out of a rock upon birth and during his travels attained immeasurable power eventually causing chaos in heaven. Among his powers were shape shifting and the ability to create dopplegangers from his fur that had power that could keep up with gods.

Also a sidenote, that head band that appeared on Jin Mori's forehead when he transformed is also another nod to the mythos, where Wukong was tricked into wearing a magical head band that ended up restricting his powers because an incantation would cause him immense pain.

Obviously i'm enjoying this more because I understand all these nods, but just wanted to point that out!

Now that you mention it, it makes sense. It must be why there were too many similar stuffs between the two. Thanks for pointing that out!

I understand that the historical aspect of chinese mythology must be appealing to some and i'm glad that some people (including you) can still appreciate this story to the fullest but on a more personal note, i actually enjoyed this manwha more when there weren't any historical god related to it or stuff like that.

I really liked the original system the author came up with at the very beggining which was based on different art martials and charyeok which i always believed was a real manifestation of their Ki. Just when he started implementing legendary gods with Park and the ninetail fox, the story lost the charm it once had, well to me at least. To be honest, I'm just scared we're going to have to deal with many other gods and powerups coming from nowhere.

I mean the fight between Jae-Kal and Jin Mori and Jae-Kal vs Park was the worst I've read in the history of GOH, it's a shame that the author went in that direction. It really came as a surprise to almost everyone of us and a bad surprise to be precise.

It's still funny how Jin Mori said he would rely on his own strenght alone and not use any Charyeok but he turned out to be a god!

kidopitz27
July 25, 2013, 08:32 PM
there is also about the story of Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en where he was accompanied by 3 people (Xuanzang , Zhu Bajie, Sha Wujing )

GoHS is now close to that because Il-Pyo will be on an adventure/journey to find all the keys with the help of Jin-Mo-Ri ,Yu-Mira , Han Dae-wi

Il-Pyo looking for the pieces of the Keys = Xuan-Zang looking/retrieving for the Mantras

gotdott
July 26, 2013, 01:41 AM
Now that you mention it, it makes sense. It must be why there were too many similar stuffs between the two. Thanks for pointing that out!

I understand that the historical aspect of chinese mythology must be appealing to some and i'm glad that some people (including you) can still appreciate this story to the fullest but on a more personal note, i actually enjoyed this manwha more when there weren't any historical god related to it or stuff like that.

I really liked the original system the author came up with at the very beggining which was based on different art martials and charyeok which i always believed was a real manifestation of their Ki. Just when he started implementing legendary gods with Park and the ninetail fox, the story lost the charm it once had, well to me at least. To be honest, I'm just scared we're going to have to deal with many other gods and powerups coming from nowhere.

I mean the fight between Jae-Kal and Jin Mori and Jae-Kal vs Park was the worst I've read in the history of GOH, it's a shame that the author went in that direction. It really came as a surprise to almost everyone of us and a bad surprise to be precise.

It's still funny how Jin Mori said he would rely on his own strenght alone and not use any Charyeok but he turned out to be a god!

I agree as I really enjoyed the beginning of the manhwa when everything was at least a little more grounded, but I did question how far the author would be able to extend the story arc beyond the tournament scene. Then the charyeoks rolled in and I definitely wasn't the biggest fan, but I was just saying little things like the nods to mythos are reasons why it hasn't sunk to the bottom of my reading list (also I do really like the art).

apellon
July 28, 2013, 01:19 AM
If you like fighting manga( its very close from a good old dragonball ) , then you will enjoy this title a lot !
though the story is not as developed as maybe Tower of god, or even not as naruto in its structure , it is a very straightfoward title that will still be very interesting and enoyable , because in what it does it does it well... when starting it , you have to understand what the pitch of the title is ... its not supposed to be complex , it is not even supposed to make much sense, it is not serious but rather it is a fun and easy reading made for martial art comics lovers , just to chill and enjoy the show.

Eventhough you might think at first that it is just again another highschool martial art title , it is not .... the plot and the intensity of this manhwa just keeps getting better and better with the world and story expanding and expanding , in fact it almost seems that those 100 first chapter were actually just a prelude to the real story.. yet i liked how it went so far eventhough some things feels pretty rushed and going a little all over the place..

It is full of epic fights , with a nice art colorful and good design.
what is also interesting in this title is the good sense of humour the author has , most of the time i find my self skipping through the pages of useless krap/joke/supposed to be funy part that many popular manga have ( fairytail for example or bleach), but not this one , in fact in this title most of the jokes are directly adressed to the reader, like as if the author likes to tease us with his jokes ( you wont laugh your a** off ... but u ll have a smile on ur face for sure) it is often done with many interesting references to some other mangas/manhwa wich i find pretty funy , in fact dragon ball is an obvious reference that the author enjoy linking in his title i find it pretty sweet since it keeps the title pretty fun to read.... so here you go , one of the best title of the moment , and for sure one of the greatest martial art one...

kidopitz27
August 02, 2013, 03:22 AM
looks like MangaCow dropped GoH because it's not interesting anymore :(

0Xellos
August 02, 2013, 07:21 AM
looks like MangaCow dropped GoH because it's not interesting anymore :(

There are still other groups translating it, it seems. (some MangaDoom logo at the top of http://www.mangareader.net/the-god-of-high-school/119)

But yeah, it's gotten a bit weird.

Nast.J
August 04, 2013, 12:21 AM
The last chapter wasn't that bad though i like that we're going back to the roots of simple fightings between the priests and the rest.

The Nox conspiration was pretty interesting as well, what an interesting way to become powerful.

I'm also wondering who showed up behind the guy with the glasses (can't remember his name), it's probably some priest. I'm really looking forward to see what happen between the two. Maybe the guy really improved and might get an important role for the latter part of the story.

kidopitz27
August 10, 2013, 06:11 AM
now i understand why MangaCow dropped GoH it looks like i will have to wait at least 2-3 months before reading it :(

shaheer
August 15, 2013, 03:44 PM
For some reason i am liking GOH now. The new look for the guys is really interesting. Though i would love to know where Jin mori went and what was he doing when the priests took over

LoS
August 15, 2013, 05:30 PM
This manhwa is all over the place. Bad guys take over make the good guys look like the villains to the public, good guys resolve to being the revolution and try to over throw the system. Crazy how the youngins can now be counted on to help fight against full fledged level priests.

kidopitz27
August 15, 2013, 05:42 PM
have you notice the RAWS? hahahaha they copied One Piece :D when Luffy and the others say goodbye to Vivi

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/kidopitz27/goh.jpg

conn-man
August 15, 2013, 06:33 PM
Well somebody cool did some translating:)

This manhwa really is all over the place like people say but damn, I love this new arc! NOX takes over..there's a bigger move from them comming up.

This undercover guerrilla style fighting should be exciting, we've already got a great sword fight in the streets.

Looks like Han Dai Wis power, pretty early and random for him to be at this very place but whatever, he's my fav character

0Xellos
August 16, 2013, 03:14 PM
have you notice the RAWS? hahahaha they copied One Piece :D when Luffy and the others say goodbye to Vivi

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/kidopitz27/goh.jpg

I kinda pity Na Bong-Chim there...

sabret00the
August 22, 2013, 12:40 PM
This manhwa is all over the place. Bad guys take over make the good guys look like the villains to the public, good guys resolve to being the revolution and try to over throw the system. Crazy how the youngins can now be counted on to help fight against full fledged level priests.

That was always the goal of the tournament though.

kidopitz27
August 22, 2013, 06:39 PM
how many days since the GoH tournament? i mean how can Jin MoRi can use the staff with such ease? last time his head band restrain him from making it big or small

too bad to the priest and bishops it looks like a big train (Staff) comes along hahahahha

Skyguardian
August 22, 2013, 07:02 PM
Yu Mi-Ra looks pretty sexy nowadays... :o

Jin Mo-Ris looked really badass there too... I wonder since when he is able to control that staff so well.

I bet the bad guys didn't see that staff coming... :3c

LoS
August 22, 2013, 09:49 PM
That was always the goal of the tournament though.

No. It was to find the Key.

Yu Mi-Ra looks pretty sexy nowadays

She's also still not really all that dependable or strong.

I wonder who it was that had their face covered with the mask and had the Gravity technique, because they also had a cross on their palm.

shaheer
August 23, 2013, 01:48 AM
wish yu mira coud get rid of that kind of glass and get contacts or sth. I wish she was a bit stronger though. Any way any idea who sealed jin mori and how will he break this seal?

LoS
August 25, 2013, 07:22 PM
Huh? You saw the last 3 panels of the chapter? He wasn't sealed...

shaheer
August 27, 2013, 02:00 PM
Didnt he have that wird halo thing around his forehead? I thought that was some sort of a seal which caused him to access to small amout of his power...

LoS
August 29, 2013, 02:48 PM
So we get to meet another Bishop, and it's a girl, who's one eyed. Kinda like that guy we've seen in the past with the eye patch. This Bishop is a Renewal taekwondo fighter, kinda cool. Mo-ri gets to face someone with the same martial art basically.

kidopitz27
August 29, 2013, 07:05 PM
So we get to meet another Bishop, and it's a girl, who's one eyed. Kinda like that guy we've seen in the past with the eye patch. This Bishop is a Renewal taekwondo fighter, kinda cool. Mo-ri gets to face someone with the same martial art basically.

it's not renewal but North Korean ITF Taekwondo and she said if you copy our's better do it right " South Korean Comrade"

because in the past South's WTF Taekwondo can't counter North's ITF and South created Renewal Taekwondo with ideas from ITF

LoS
August 29, 2013, 11:13 PM
You knew what i meant, I couldn't remember the exact name of the other Korean martial arts I couldn't remember if it was north or south that copied/invaded/whatever haha, but either way I honestly didn't feel like looking up the wiki for that since this series I pretty much only read for the action now. At least until the story isn't so damn ludicrous any longer.

shaheer
August 31, 2013, 01:24 PM
well with the judges talents i thought they would be on the level of a bishop but the green haired guy called that wind user a priest....
ne way i think Mo ri will get a whooping and then go back improvise on his martial arts and improve it till he meet her again.

jeffy
September 05, 2013, 01:30 PM
re: chapter 124

In case people are wondering about the mythos of that door:

大雄(宝)殿 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahavira_Hall

which is the temple for Siddharta Buddha http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha

who was the god that ultimately defeated the Monkey King when he rebelled against the Celestial Bureacracy and put the restraining ring (limiter) on his head.

tiranor
September 05, 2013, 01:37 PM
Many thanks for the explanations, without them, it's impossible to grasp the symbolism.

LoS
September 06, 2013, 12:10 AM
I wonder when EGScans will catch back up with this series?

world is wide
September 09, 2013, 08:45 PM
Is there any kind of duology or point to this story? My basic gist is that the Priests want to organize Korean Charyeok users under their ultimate power, God summons. While most the six, and the tournament fighters, are fighting for the much looser organization of the council of six. Don't think anyone has said why either side is preferable besides "mysterious religion"=bad and "main characters"=good

Buddha door is interesting. Buddha, in eastern mythos, seems to be the most powerful god, but in a wise and more likely to get riddles than help type of way. Also, pretty sure Buddha placed that restriction crown on Jin Mori back when he was Monkey King

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Well the Priest org seems to attract d-bags, while the council of six seems to attract slightly kinder and less arrogant peoples. Guess that is the depth of the fight at this point