PDA

View Full Version : Theory A different way to predict a new nakama's abilities

RezzieThaRapper
September 02, 2011, 10:44 AM
In case you aren't aware... a few SBS' ago we got this...

Luffy: Gomu gomu - 5 6
Chopper: Hito hito - 1 10
Robin: Hana hana - 8 7
Brook: Yomi yomi - 4 3

we need a 2 and a 9... we have that with Kuma but let's assume for a moment that it isn't him

how can we predict the last devil fruit user... why there is actually a simple way... using this

Goroawase (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goroawase) aka Japanese wordplay...

0 maru, ma, rei, re o, zero, ze
1 hitotsu, hito, hi, ichi, i wan
2 futatsu, fu, futa, ni tsū, tū
3 mitsu, mi, san, sa, surī
4 yon, yo, yotsu, shi fō
5 itsutsu, itsu, go, ko faibu, faivu
6 mutsu, mu roku, ro shikkusu
7 nana, nanatsu, na shichi sebun, sevun
8 yatsu, ya hachi, ha, ba eito
9 kokonotsu, ko kyu, ku nain
10 tō ju, ji ten

these are the variety of annunciations used for numbers in the japanese language...
we are looking for a single syllable from both 2 and 9
and then we find a pun to go along with it and guess the ability...

example: Kuni Kuni no Mi - Nation Nation fruit - insert ability prediction here...

example: Fuku Fuku no Mi - Wipe Wipe fruit - insert ability prediction here...

and so on... there's a couple of combination's there.... but your interpretation of what it means matters most...

Uriel
September 05, 2011, 10:15 AM
2 futatsu, fu, futa, ni tsū, tū
9 kokonotsu, ko kyu, ku nain

Combinations:
Fukyu, Kyufu , Fuko, Kofu, Fuku, Kufu, Funain, Nainfu
Futako, Kotafu, Futakyu, Kyufuta, Futaku, Kufuta, Futanain, Nainfuta
Nitsūko, Konitsū, Nitsūkyu, Kyunitsū, Nitsūku, Kunitsū. Nitsūnain, Nainnitsū
Tūko, Kotū, Tūkyu, Kyutū, Tūku, Kutū, Tūnain, Naintū.

Some of these words should mean something :P But Google translator says none of this works. Someone who knows tell me if anything sounds like any other word.

Quantized
September 05, 2011, 10:31 AM
Ohhh, this is quite interesting, especially if Oda indeed plays around with word games when creating the abilities!

Think it would be much appreciated if a translator took his/her time to translate some word suggestions and their meanings, I know I would :]

Schabrak
September 06, 2011, 02:45 PM
Old topic needs it's own thread[?], nonetheless I wonder if "this" will be the answer to the missing member. Doesn't Oda also use adjectives for abilities?

The biggest problem is, that we've already got our Devil Fruit user with the numbers 2 and 9, Bartholomew Kuma with his Nikyu Nikyu no Mi/Paw-Paw Fruit powers.

kkck
September 06, 2011, 08:28 PM
^how about if kuma is now considered "dead" by manga standards and his fruit is already around waiting to be found? Of course it would be kinda strange that the cyborg still has the fruit but since he is dead there could be a loophole here. I don't see the actual kuma joining though.

RezzieThaRapper
September 06, 2011, 10:42 PM
Old topic needs it's own thread[?], nonetheless I wonder if "this" will be the answer to the missing member. Doesn't Oda also use adjectives for abilities?

The biggest problem is, that we've already got our Devil Fruit user with the numbers 2 and 9, Bartholomew Kuma with his Nikyu Nikyu no Mi/Paw-Paw Fruit powers.

that would be a big problem, had I not said in the opener that let's assume his fruit was not the one in the pattern..

hyper_megaman
September 06, 2011, 11:22 PM
this is a brilliant take on things

very nice